Speaker 1: Hey everybody, It's Tuesday, November eleventh, twenty twenty five. Welcome to the Giant BombCast, presented to you by our friends at Dekou Deal's. I am your dear host Jan Oshawa joining me. Co Captain of the Ship. He doesn't need any cameras to capture his likeness. He's punching all the lenses in the mouth. Co Captain of the Ship Jeff Grugg.
Speaker 2: They have cameras on the web now, I'm just gonna use one of those.
Speaker 1: We have the ultimate surfer of the web. That's right, he's hanging ten and hanging.
Speaker 3: Loose and maybe hanging some other things.
Speaker 4: Dan Riker, I'm here checking out the I r c's. That's what the kids that know the Internet do, right, if you're rephrase. I've never really know what an I r C is, but it seems popular.
Speaker 1: Dan and I had an extend to talk about this. It was a dear heart to heart where uh we didn't quite know, uh master of all things dark on the Internet, including I r C and RSS feeds and other things that uh you've heard for years now and have been too scared to actually figure out why or what they are.
Speaker 3: Jeff Beckler. Yeah, that that's probably what would expose me the most, is my I r C history if I ever position.
Speaker 4: Do you know what that thing is to is that like dark web?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, it was interrelay chat, I believe is what it's.
Speaker 5: You actually do it daily.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 6: You know basically right well, and when you access it it is it's it's twitch chat. Twitch chat still uses IR so it's.
Speaker 4: Still like the main thing that all the like techies used to talk to each other.
Speaker 5: No, Yah, which I r CER is at icee Q.
Speaker 6: I can't think it's speaking about I see Q.
Speaker 3: I see a QT right over there. Because he's a bad boy of games media.
Speaker 1: He doesn't need a collar because he's popping off all the buttons and all the shirts. He's he's reloading his fists like that one guy in that one movie.
Speaker 3: We all know the reference. We love the gift many.
Speaker 5: I'm stroking my fistew.
Speaker 1: Okay, I take it back.
Speaker 3: What wait?
Speaker 6: Like you mean like you were cockying it like Henry cavill And and one movie.
Speaker 4: He grows the beard really fast because of the way they edited it, and his shirt rows.
Speaker 2: A pocket and shirt rows a pocket.
Speaker 6: Yeah, was that was that a shoot like or was because the people are like, no, that's just an optical illusional might get.
Speaker 4: Really it looks like a pocket and the beard gets start.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, so anyway, is that what you met Mike?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Uh anyway, uh hey, thanks for listening to us here at giant bomb dot com. Uh. I'm going to throw it to Grub here because Grub has the has a spiel on lock as to how to you know.
Speaker 6: Help us over here. I'll do my best. Yeah, We're gonna explain ourselves like we do on Games Morning there. We're Giant Bomb, we're independent games media. Sure many of you listening to this are aware of that fact. We are out here doing this on our own and do it. Support us by going to a giant But this is perfect everyone, Okay, yeah, there we go. You can support us by going to giant bomb dot com, slash join and become a premium member. It means a lot if you do. What it gets you is a lot of cool goodies, a lot of freebies. But what it really gets you is the assurance that we're going to be out here, continue to do our thing.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 6: People really are looking for a home base for video games right now where it's like, Okay, you know things are changing, but I want to have something familiar. We're gonna try to continue to be that. And you can ensure we continue to do that if you go to giant bomb dot com slash join, become a premium member, and thank you to everyone who already has. It's uh, we notice that we see it. It means a lot. We see the names roll in on our on our roster there, and it just it means the world. So thank you everybody.
Speaker 1: And I'm constantly watching all of you and whatever I r C chats, discord chats, forum chats, whatever, I'm watching you fondly, and also shouts out to Deeko Deals.
Speaker 4: Fondly like the mic check.
Speaker 1: Now you know we had like Chuck kind of just like volunteer to be like O r T guy. If anyone wants a volunteer to be our HR, you know we'll tell that as well. No, no, okay, no, no argue. It's probably for the best. Deco deals dot com slash John Bomb also shouts out to Deeko Deals, Uh, go make a list, go get some savings. Uh, you'll hear more about them later on during the ad break, but also you know what you're gonna hear from. You're gonna hear from Dan Reicher, You're gonna hear from Grub. I'm gonna hear from Mike Manati. You're gonna hear from Kayla, Team Kayla and our dear friend Turbo Sean this Saturday because Extra Life is coming to you.
Speaker 3: Boys. How long are you playing and going?
Speaker 4: We have we loose things we're thrown around. As far as incentives, we got a big list of games and everything. I'm getting all that stuff set up this week. As far as time, you know it's gonna be a long one. We're gonna start after lunch. This typically starts in the afternoon and goes late into the night, so we'll say that is the intention again this time. So we don't have a specific time frame yet, Let's say noon. Let's say noon Central will start and then we will go late.
Speaker 2: Sounds good to me.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've heard some luc shenanigans. We talked about a silly idea yesterday, and I love how all of them involve Mitch.
Speaker 4: Is it the one? Can I say the one that we Mitch agreed to last night that I'm very excited about Yes, okay for TBD incentive. If we reach We're gonna quan Chi Mitch and make him play up through the Fujin fight and moratal combat mythologies in masana, and we'll have like a GoPro in there or something, so he will be fully make uped out. And then also there's blue in the sauna, so we will have the mythologies music blasting through the sauna as we.
Speaker 1: Bluetooth in the sauna. Definitely is essentially if we.
Speaker 6: Hear muffled from the other room, you can trust a sorcerers sometimes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I'm gonna be setting up go pros in my bathroom.
Speaker 1: And Mike Mikey is a strat to do the makeup before going into the sauna or as you were in the sauna.
Speaker 3: No, we do it before.
Speaker 5: I need a mirror, you got it? How Yeah, I can't just do it in the sauna. It's particulars stuff.
Speaker 1: No, you have to like look into a pool of water as you do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I have to be in a sensory deprivation chamber exactly.
Speaker 1: Also speak about extra life. Shouts out to everyone that has been a part of the Giant Bomb team on Extra Life raising tons of money for a good cause, helping the kids out there, especially specifically shouts out to Anthony Thomas raising an obscene amount of money all for charity. We love and appreciate all y'all for being part of Team Giant Bomb, and I also love and appreciate our dear friends main Gear. Go to main gear dot com slash giant Bomb. You can uh get some of the customized face plates that we have. We have all designed. Go buy a PC as well. You know it's we're due to be in inside for a while because of the colder months. Why not go snuggle up next to a lovely new PC? Uh?
Speaker 6: It right now?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 3: Someone by Mike's plate.
Speaker 5: He's upset about it off while it's on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we can only only my plate is selling in a good way and not Mike's specifically wrestler person that's.
Speaker 4: It could be anyone.
Speaker 3: Him, that's mister mister headlock. Who that is someone by Mike's very specific plate to him and only him, Mike.
Speaker 1: If it makes you feel better, I don't think anyone is bought, Okay, if it makes you feel better, No one's bought my plate with me and the cool s on it.
Speaker 5: Does that make me feel better? We should all thrive. We should all be thriving shoving agreed.
Speaker 1: Hey, Mike, I'll buy your plate if you buy my plate.
Speaker 6: By the way, when he laughs like that dismissive laugh, now I've heard.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you would like that. Mother buy your plate.
Speaker 5: It's personally customized for you.
Speaker 3: Would I buy your plate? Then, I've never seen your dog.
Speaker 5: I don't know your dog. I never thought about it like that.
Speaker 1: Mikey rolled up to like our pre show, just saying, guys, I'm feeling a little bit under the weather, and you know what that is the energy I I welcome. I welcome Mikey. Not at one hundred percent, because Mikey at one hundred percent, the tree skews to a different direction and where the energy is going.
Speaker 4: That's it be tough for Mikey because like when he's mad, he's very entertaining. When he is sleep deprived, as we saw the bomb bombiton very entertaining. When he's sick, he's very entertaining. So you can just give him a negative status effect. Yeah, we need to get to boost to charisma.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we need like a non barred we need someone around him just to upset him constantly.
Speaker 5: Oh God, who could possibly fill this role? What a big mystery? Who could it be?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: And if it's not these two, it's a Christian.
Speaker 5: Shouts to Christian for doing some stuff for the Giant Bomb Extra Life over the weekend as well. Oh yeah, yes, yes, absolutely, yeah, yeah. I think I caught a little something when I was in DC for that wedding, which was which was a good time.
Speaker 3: A virus from Chuck.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 5: I caught it with like the uh the other person in our group who did like say, like, I think I'm a little sick. And it's like, well, were living in an airbnb together. What are we going to do? Right, I'm gonna be like, well, you got to stay away, It's fine.
Speaker 4: Did that shut out of your system before you come to Minnesota?
Speaker 6: I'm trying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yes, Jeff, Jeff's already got the that's his gimmick here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. I'm I'm working on getting some butt stuff happening again.
Speaker 3: Yeah wow, Oh but okay, it's gonna be.
Speaker 4: I have to make precautions for that bathroom involving butt stuff because so the cat has one of its litter boxes in that bathroom and that cat has the most nuclear ships ever. So like literally today I usually take my ship down here because it's got a beday here. I took it upstairs because like for like an hour after it ships, even after I've cleaned out the litter box and dumped it everything and spray ship.
Speaker 3: Cat food.
Speaker 4: It's like last night I got in the sauna. The sauna is in that room too, so you about sitting in the sauna and everything that smells like cat ship just bailing this. So I gotta make sure if we're gonna be streaming for a long time now, because it fucks up the whole floor, we're gonna keep that door shut, keep that cat out of there. This is.
Speaker 5: Torturing me.
Speaker 3: To my home.
Speaker 5: Cans want to rest all be clear. I know it's funny when I'm bad. You can't just torture me because.
Speaker 3: It amuses you. For the kids, you know, this is the kids.
Speaker 1: What A?
Speaker 5: What A?
Speaker 1: That's the ultimate irony here. What a great time to recommend or have a friend or someone listened to the podcast for the first time and we just talk about nothing but SNA's and cat poop, and we crushed it. We had all the boxes already. Get y'all.
Speaker 4: We'll keep the door shut so we don't have the cat ship down there.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Dan, do you just have like a regular litter box or one of the cool washing machine looking ones.
Speaker 4: We got two of the washing machine ones, so you're here, one upstairs. Yeah okay, okay, yeah, and give it a couple of options.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, fantastic.
Speaker 4: We have to put up fences around everything because dumb ass dogs want to just eat cat shit, so we have to put up all these goddamn fences and stuff. It's just it's a nightmare.
Speaker 3: Have they not learned to not eat the cat? No?
Speaker 4: No, we did it more, that's the thing. They did it and they get sick and then it's like I want more of that and a few gumbasses and like so we have to like fully block everything off, like crazy.
Speaker 3: Cool? Great?
Speaker 1: So how was everyone else?
Speaker 3: I have an.
Speaker 4: Incentive where Mitch eats cats ship?
Speaker 5: Oh great? Yeah? Cool? Oh? Me and my me and my girlfriend met Chuck and his wife for dinner. The one night that was nice, Uh, I was dinner. Dinner was great. I embarrassed myself though, I made I made that damn fool myself because the check came and like I was like, well, we'll split it, right, I'm like, yeah, we'll do it, dude. So I got out my card, whipped it down in there. I was like, I got to the bathroom right back, and then I came it was already paid, and I see on the table my grocery store savings card and I'm like, oh, no, that's what I gave them.
Speaker 6: And then like I'm drinking.
Speaker 5: I'm not done. I was fumbling to get back on the table. I accidentally got to the tablecloth at the table next to me stuck on my shoe somehow, and I almost like I almost knocked all this ship over. I caught myself halfway through that though, and they were just like what And I was like, yeah.
Speaker 3: Your shoe, you're talking? What do you talk into your shoe?
Speaker 5: I think it got like caught between my shoe and my thigh. I was as I was maneuvering you.
Speaker 3: You're a tall man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what were you walking like dwarf?
Speaker 5: I don't know what happened all were you?
Speaker 3: Were you inebriated?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: I was that was that was so hung over that day.
Speaker 6: Basically, someone has to explain the.
Speaker 3: Physical world that we occupy. Here we go, here we go. No, no, no, no, no, no, don't.
Speaker 5: Do that.
Speaker 3: Oh he's gonna fall.
Speaker 4: He's saying his officehair on one foot.
Speaker 5: He just h the crane kick from Karate Kid.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what, it makes sense now. It doesn't, but it makes sense now because I thought it was his shoe to the same thigh.
Speaker 4: It's still weird and confusing.
Speaker 3: But still, how's the how's the tablecloth get caught in there?
Speaker 5: It was a tight fit between our table and the nexta one of those tables were like, there's just like a long row of basically like of a bench, you know, and they's put as many tables in there, like tight packs to fit seating as possible as I was.
Speaker 6: I was on that thing.
Speaker 5: So did they take your GIHNNY Gold advantage card. No, they did not accept that as payment. So Chuck, Chuck's trying to be cute. I'm like, all right, Chuck, just tell me what I give VM you. He's like, maybe I will, And I'm like, Chuck, you so I'm a bitch.
Speaker 6: I'll just send you didn't want to pay because who would check the cars?
Speaker 5: I was gonna send him a large sem of money soon. Also, I was under dress. I didn't know the place was gonna be kind of nicer side to fucking Kermit the frog shirt on, and that's that's appropriate.
Speaker 6: You gotta let us guess next time, Mike, what what's on your shirt?
Speaker 3: All right? This cavalcade of just poor decisions and unluck. Wow, wait, it's explain to me. How do you one? How is your like frequent shopper card that a accessible and mistakable for a real life adult credit card? You see? Wait?
Speaker 4: Wait there, Chuck posted this on Blue Sky. It's even less looking like a credit card than you have.
Speaker 6: The grocery store Lloyd to loyalty card thing you've ever second explain myself.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna explain myself what uh it is like right next to my uh depit card is and they're both kind of blue. All right?
Speaker 3: This has the lamination peeling on it.
Speaker 1: How much cash did you have in your wallet that day?
Speaker 5: No, it's more than that. I got a little bit, a little bit of some twenty I don't know, it's like a twenty maybe I had on me. I didn't occur to me to just throw money at him.
Speaker 3: It's not even like it's not even dimly lit. This restaurant like this had to come out, and I just like it.
Speaker 5: I do go to the groceries. I go to that grocery store a lot. It's right by me, so I am constantly giving them that card.
Speaker 2: It's one of those.
Speaker 5: It's one of those grocery stores that also sometimes has gas station.
Speaker 6: The do you ever used to check out?
Speaker 5: Our mind doesn't have it. We're not that fancy.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, the one in mine. You can't scan unless you scan your loyalty card. So it's very.
Speaker 5: Necessarily were very into the loyalty card. Basically, you don't go there if you don't have that card, then't like look at you like you're a moron, because they're overcharging you. The only way to make it possibly worth it is to get the loyalty card. It's like the mob. Unless you have loyalty, you're gonna have a bad time.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 1: I went down to La over the weekend to visit the IM eight bit twentieth Anniversary Art show. Very fun stuff, shouts out the IAM a bit. They also helped us out during the Amazon Yo Art's cool, especially what it's like video game art like I saw link as a squirrel. There was a bunch of people wearing Luigi masks, not actual shoot people, but like on a painting and whatnot. Also also, hold the fucking phone, y'all. I'll be right back.
Speaker 3: Okay, now she was going to stand on a chair.
Speaker 5: Another another Vinyl that I wish I had.
Speaker 1: Oh, I almost, I almost. I'm not going to show my thighs today, okay, darn. I almost bought them up at Vinyl though, Mikey I saw it. It was beautiful. But I finally have it, and I'm so fucking oh final.
Speaker 5: Oh dear thermos, everybody, I like, I saw it at their little merch stand and then I almost pushed our dear friend Bailey Myers out of the way because I wanted it, but she also wanted it.
Speaker 1: Thankfully there was enough to go around, but like I needed it and I finally you have it.
Speaker 3: I almost.
Speaker 1: I almost left clothes in LA to make space in my bag because I needed this and I felt like I needed to keep the box.
Speaker 5: Are you gonna now You're gonna use it as a thermost or is it just I don't know, It's it's difficult.
Speaker 2: I know, are cool?
Speaker 6: I like I've been using my metroid thermos recently that I we showed up in the video.
Speaker 5: I got that fantastic.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I do every time I do use it.
Speaker 6: I do think about Dan putting a thermis into the fridge and then wondering why it wasn't the water wasn't getting cold or whatever.
Speaker 3: Uh that was.
Speaker 2: I didn't talk about.
Speaker 6: That every time.
Speaker 4: This might surprise you, but I learned nothing from that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that does surprise me. Oh my god, whoa.
Speaker 5: It's okay. We won't explain it again.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna take no. Uh you know.
Speaker 5: Also went to a spy museum because all the all the other museums were about to call all the real museums. I don't want to be disrespectful to the spy museum, but all the other museums were closed because they are run by the government, but the spy museum not so much. So why do it looks so confused?
Speaker 4: Dan, I'm constantly confused about whether the government's open or not.
Speaker 1: I thought, no, they've been closed.
Speaker 6: The votes at stolen procedure, yeah stuffy, yeah, yeah, okay yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: So the government was shut down, so we went to the spy museum instead, which was fun. Because they gave me a secret identity and I was really into that. I was Cameron Jones from Royschek Iceland or Price said that wrong, but that's okay. If I already had a cover story for that. If anybody was like, where are you from? And I said, Roychek Iceland are like what you say, I'm like, oh, I'm sorry. I can't get over how you Americans say it over here. So funny. Yeah, I had to go to Argentina. I was like, oh, maybe I'll meet Christian. That was my secret mission. It was fun. Basically we had to go to like terminals and play some games. I was kind of sad there weren't more like people at the Buza Brole Plague and like asking me, like interrogating me out like a couple level of cover stories. Show off my improv skills, but really good at it.
Speaker 1: I've always wanted to do a murder mystery dinner, but no one is down.
Speaker 3: I wanted to I will Oh my god, came.
Speaker 4: Next game of the year.
Speaker 1: Maybe next year.
Speaker 3: It's too soon.
Speaker 6: God, that's incredible. Yeah sounds really.
Speaker 2: That would be fun.
Speaker 6: But maybe if we do some fixing for Dan Voyage or whatever, maybe something like that could.
Speaker 4: Murder mister murder scene, I'm telling you for catch. If you Dan, I'm giving you permission to Michael Douglas the game me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're thinking about it.
Speaker 4: That seemed intricate, but we're not working as a kid. As a kid watching the game, I was like, this seems fucking kid. Yeah, that's the movie where Mario commits suicide.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who's Martine.
Speaker 4: Jumps off a roof? He plays he's the dad. Really, that was the That was the dad Mario commits suicide in that movie.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go. I don't think it's I think that sentence is a bit I'm not wrong. Yeah you are.
Speaker 6: That's well only because he's not Mario anymore. The former Mario killed him, right, Yes, yes.
Speaker 1: Well we've jumped off the deep end, so we might as well talk about video games.
Speaker 5: Can somebody ask me questions? Like I'm Cameron Jones, so I could live out my fantasy.
Speaker 1: No no, don't do it. No no no no no no no no no no no no. We played the game music, we do. Stop ask me about my parents. We're on topic now, we're on topic now.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Sorry, sad and getting the inferior computer.
Speaker 5: Dad, we can't keep complaining about a fifty eighties for free instead of fifty nineties.
Speaker 4: That's how you get a French Revolution.
Speaker 3: That's the joke.
Speaker 6: The French Revolution is a good thing, right, Mike. You love the French Revolution.
Speaker 1: That's what That's what it was about, right yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, no, actually no, that's that was the that's that's a different uprising that didn't quite take Actually, so.
Speaker 2: There say it, say it beat.
Speaker 3: There I go.
Speaker 1: That's what I live for, all right, yep, I needed that, Mike. I will ask you about Dragon Quest one two HD two D.
Speaker 5: Though, yes, yes, I've been excited for this one. I really liked the dragon Quest three HD two D probably my favorite of the HD two D games, that of the Liva Live remake, which was also fantastic. I love JRPGs, and I find these these kind of ones that are from the eight bit era redone really charming because there is a simplicity to it, but there's there's also this peerness of it, and then just sprucing that up in some small ways with the graphics and the presentation, it just makes for a really cozy experience. Dragon Quest three, though, I had played before. I never played Dragon Quest one or two in anyway, and drag Quest one specifically, that is the first JARPG. It's really the first big console RPG. It was the game that was taking what was going on and the then you know, very like you know, small PC gaming space with things like the original Ultimas and Wizardry, which those things got popular in Japan. So here we are. We're gonna make it for the Famicom disk driver, no, probably even just cartridge. We're gonna make it for the Famicom computer. That's redundant. The comm means computer. We're gonna make it for the Famicom. And uh so here it is, and I am really enjoying it. It is simple and a pleasant way. You are just one person in your party. You don't even have party members. Oh you know, your quest is relatively straightforward. It's just like, you know, there's towns, there's a big role map, go to some dungeons. But again, it is cozy. Even though I've been played before, I know the ways that they have sort of juiced up a bit. And the original dragon Quest that was not just you were one person, but the ends was always one monster. So there's always a one on fight here. You can't fight groups of enemies, so there's a bit more strategy involved there, and there's like you know, just more cut scenes with voice dialogue each shit Pokemon, right, we got so we got voices sometimes in this game like that.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I am. I'm really enjoying. It's just the you know, I.
Speaker 5: Like playing my Switch in bed a lot kind of cozy time, watching something stupid on YouTube, playing some Switch, and this is a perfect game for that.
Speaker 3: Mike, I said that, go ahead, grib Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was just I was just gonna ask, like you, so you've played three, You've played a bunch of the later ones, right, and so, but you've never played.
Speaker 2: One and two.
Speaker 5: You said, yeah, I never played I've played I played eleven s first and then uh in whatever order. I did five on the DS three, which was the old Switch version of three that was based on a mobile version of it. Seven on the three DS and that's the one that's getting remade soon, right, and like half of eight on the three DS before I got a little Dragon Quest fatigue.
Speaker 6: Okay, So then my question is when you are if someone comes up to you and they're like, hey, I really like starting a series with the first one. Dragon Quest is maybe not necessarily one where where it's like that would be reckoning. But at this point with this version, do you think it like, hey, no, yeah, go jump in with this version of one, or is there still another one you would recommend first?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's interesting, you could. There are so many places you could jump in with dragon Quest. This makes sense. Dragon Quest three, HG two, And the reason why they kind of justified doing three first is that three was a prequel to one. This remake is even kind of doing more stuff narratively to tie it into one than they you know, the original, So you could go three one, then two three is going to be a more complex game, so it might be a little funny kind of going to that game with its job system and some of these other mechanics. Then you go back to one and it is a good deal more simple. So what two three I think's good?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 5: Three one two? If you really want something even more modern, you could just go straight to eleven S, which is a fantastic game.
Speaker 2: It's really good.
Speaker 3: Zone.
Speaker 1: Mikey, you said that this is one of your favorite HD two D stuff of the RPGs that have done this. What else is on that list for you?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think Live a Live like that, Live livey make well a ton I thought that that was really really good. Uh yeah, Octopath Traveler still stands out, even though I feel really bad that I didn't get into Octopath Traveler two more because basically everybody else who likes these kind of games, like I do, think it's like one of the all time greats.
Speaker 3: I'm with you, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I'm on on that side of the fence because everyone talks so huge about Oxtopath Traveler too, but I could never get into it.
Speaker 2: Live fuck you, Michael Hyam, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: You and Sho Tani.
Speaker 5: That's right. But I think of Oxopath Traveler two is that because just the way it is, it's like, you know, it's eight characters, so you have to kind of play eight beginnings of a j RPG, like the be case of Jebergs. They're kind of slow and they're setting stuff up, and that's fine. I could that that pacing works when it's win game, when it's like here's eight first acts in a row. Something about that just kind of is like it's a little bit it's a lot td to me with Live Alive. First off, it's like overall a shorter game and there's a bit more of a Each of these are very distinct gameplay wise and sort of story wise, like one is, you know, straight up the wild West, and then the other one is sci fi stuff like that. So that's just my little hang up there with with Octopath.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm with you, Big Doug. I need something. They'll get me straight into the action almost immediately. And I want to take this opportunity to tell my fellow co owners of the website here that I'm getting super into esports.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go pro, go on, go on.
Speaker 1: And y'all may be thinking, oh, no, to Jan and his internet friends start playing league again, Is he getting into a doda? No, No, I'm talking about the hottest esport out right now.
Speaker 2: Q up Okay, I.
Speaker 5: Watched you play this and I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: Qu perfect uh levels out the playing field in terms of competition, no longer.
Speaker 6: Sound game standing in line.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, you shut your mouth. Bro. Now what you do is you two teams of five. There's the Q side and then the upside, and then you pick your specific characters you have a load out of skills and everything, and then each character is a different skill. There's a healer class. There is a class that specifically targets another specific character, and I think that character's name is Meta, and he looks like Chuck, and I just can't get it out of my head that he looks like Chuck. But there's also a dragon, there's a whale and all that jazz and uh. It is first to three points, and that three points is determined by the ultimate esport. A coin is being flipped. If it's the Q side, the Q side gets a point, it it's the upside, upside gets a point, and then whoever gets to three first wins. In between each flip's flip, your different abilities get triggered, so you're earning Q points that will increase your rank as well as getting XP. You're also getting gold some gems as well. And then in between each game you can go to the shop and get different items to affect your different stats, your different abilities. It's a gigantic skill tree or sphere or skill grid, and all of them synergize with each other, so you'll have to have to put a skill point or a skill strategically at one part of your grid, so it can trigger off other parts of your grid. It is the ultimate e sport. It feels fair. I feel like my time is being respected.
Speaker 6: Maybe, like, yeah, a bit too fair.
Speaker 3: No, what a you're talking about?
Speaker 2: It's it's literally fifty to fifty.
Speaker 3: No, what are you talking about? I've gotten, I've got.
Speaker 1: I've just gone three in some games, y'all. I've gone three and I've come back from zero lead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what I'm just I have some questions?
Speaker 3: What are the questions? All things considered? Uh, it is the best like gambling rates, You're ever gonna percent, You're ever gonna guys? What are you about for you and your your situation? Fifty to fifty is pretty good.
Speaker 6: I don't know about this is the coin Like, Okay, there's that other coin flipping game recently, I can't remember the name of it, might be called coin flip. Uh it uh like you can affect the outcomes of the coin flip in that game. You can make it the coin more in your favor overtime by upgrading it. I'm getting the sense here, Like, no, it's always.
Speaker 1: Norty because this is an e sport, right that you can't developers included quantum physics to ensure the odds are even.
Speaker 3: So then it's like it's turning into an intervention.
Speaker 6: What do I feel there was prevention here? People are like, jan, don't play this, please, don't make this a choice. So then is it about making sure that when you do win, you get the maximum benefits from that? Isn't that where you're playing the game?
Speaker 1: What you that's the initial strategy of like, oh, as I win each flip and get a point for my team, I'm maximizing the amount of Q points that I'm getting based off of the win. But but there are different builds for different characters where you are actually incentivized to lose because it doesn't matter if you if your team loses, because your build favors your skill set where you are getting more points from losing. There's also a character I believe she's a troller, a goblin, where her skill is like I'm gonna throw the game. I'm gonna like fuck this team, like I'm in it for me?
Speaker 4: How for the game? Wait, it's like someone in betting the don't come line on craps exactly.
Speaker 1: They they're they're betting on come uh where they don't want to win. They're they're hoping to not win.
Speaker 4: Oh people, people don't like that at a craft stable. Yeah yeah, no, it's an asshole move. Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: But you can't control who you get matched up with. You can't invite friends to join your team though, So if you four wanted to join up with me and we want to get like a good team, Gump going.
Speaker 2: Wait, how it's a multiplayer it's an sport.
Speaker 3: Did you hear it from the very.
Speaker 5: Attention you know, I pay attention. I knew that it was multiplayer, jan I just think it's not stupid. Wait, Mike, that's funny.
Speaker 3: But you also said you were watching him play.
Speaker 5: I didn't really understand it was multiplayer then, until you explained it to me. I mean it was.
Speaker 6: I thought it was like faux multiplayers, multiplayer surreal multiplayers a synchronous though.
Speaker 2: So you oh, okay, that makes sense. But that's all right.
Speaker 6: So would I actually need to play for me to be on your team or could I just like create a character and then you.
Speaker 2: Do all the work.
Speaker 1: You have a gitar, You got to create a character, Greb, Like, we gotta synergize our characters.
Speaker 2: Come on, Okay, all right, I'll see what I can do for you.
Speaker 1: Like if you be a healer, then like I have a skill that like benefits from at least having one healer on the team, so then we can get maximize our flips.
Speaker 5: Dog No want the next time play a tabletop game, do you want to just replace all of the dice with coins? Just make everything that's fair.
Speaker 1: Hey, as long as I got at least one or two hero points in in lock, then I got it. Anyway, it's uh, go ahead, dan Oh. I was just gonna say, Mike, you brought up for its dry guitars. Would it surprise you if I told you that the very first game where they introduced that, and they're like, oh, the way you drive will show up in your friends game. I just got the game and turned around own and just drove into everyone going backwards for like ten races in a row, just so my car would be like an ultimate.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's really fun. I wonder how much that actually transferformed.
Speaker 4: I would ask my friends and they said it, I mean I was like erratic and stuff, but it wouldn't like fully drive.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I played a lot of the early Forces, and then for years later everyone would always yell at me about my dry guitar, and I was like, oh, okay, apparently still out there being an asshole.
Speaker 4: That's a cool idea.
Speaker 1: I like that, fantastic h you know what. And I'm not gonna take this discussion personally where you guys are kind of it seems like you're ragging on my newfound hobby and my newfound.
Speaker 2: I thought it was like a career. I thought you were going to sport career.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so like once I go pro and q up, I'll still take you guys with me, you know, like you'll you'll be like with the posse that walks down with me to the boxing ring and every like at the end of Nubes, Yes, yeah, yeah, yes, and then Sabrina Carpenter will also be there, so that'll be cool.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: I guess if we had to be any part of Nubes, maybe that's the most acceptable one, Yes, the.
Speaker 4: Most Jason mus of Giant back on, come on, if you wanted to be anyone from Nubes.
Speaker 2: God, I don't know, it's right.
Speaker 3: All right. I had that coming on.
Speaker 1: The other side of the coin from something totally random. Well, I guess it's actually the same side of the coin because all the encounters are incredibly random. You never know what you're gonna get, especially if you have Kla on your team. H y'all, some of y'all have been playing Raiders.
Speaker 3: Yes, who's me and Gub mainly playing that?
Speaker 5: I think, so I haven't the chance to check it out.
Speaker 1: I'm too scared.
Speaker 6: I've had I've had a good couple of evenings with it now where it's like it's starting to I'm piecing more and more of it together exactly what I should be doing or how I should be spending my time. And uh yeah, I mean it's it's a game where you go out and get resources, you come back, you can spend those resources to improve your stuff, and then you get excited because you're like, and now I have better stuff. I go out and get more resources. The loop is clear and it's satisfying once you get into it. I've also just really locked down. Oh, this really is like an engine for a merchant storytelling. We can go in there with an idea of let's let Cayleb be crazy, and.
Speaker 4: We were trying to like be civil.
Speaker 6: You're right. Very quickly though, it became like, well, we have to harness this like yes, so, uh we're going into the world, and Kayla is just like, hey, you know, we'll talk it out. And then the second she sees an enemy, another real person, she just begans or even just hears them, she begins screaming at them immediately that she's going to kick the balls and.
Speaker 4: Front I'm going to full frontal your ass.
Speaker 5: Full frontal your ass.
Speaker 6: That was a key one, and it did seem to unsettle a lot of people when they're like, we hear something, let's go see what's going on. And I had like a good view one time of you guys in a hole and her screaming up and these three people like trying to get a good look at you, and then I kind of saw them talk to each other and they're like it's not worth it, and they just ran away.
Speaker 2: It was amazing, and it's like.
Speaker 6: Being able to come away from this game with those kinds of stories is something I really treasure.
Speaker 4: Actually, yeah, watch the we did the UPF last week. It's me grubbing Kayla, my sister playing art graders, And that is a great example of some of the emergent stuff that can pop up like that is some of the more like chaotic stuff, which I think in trios and duos you see a little more. I think it scales down with like trio's is the most kind of combative even but it's not like it's not pubg it's not constant shoot on site type stuff.
Speaker 3: Duo's.
Speaker 4: I do a lot of duos with Bonk and that tends to be pretty cool. Like there are a lot of times where like we'll go into a building to like loot stuff, and it'll be like another couple in there and we'll hear them on on mic and stuff and they, oh, yeah, I know, it's all we already looted that room here. There's some bad guys out there where it's like a cool thanks, you know, it's really cool experiences like that. And then solo. Banx has a lot of solo and I'll watch her and like that's almost always peaceful. Occasionally there's one thing that like lays some traps or something right near the extraction and stuff like that, but like it seems almost like this peaceful thing of just kind of like solitary going around kind of looting stuff, you know, taking out the occasional arc meeting with someone having a brief conversation and moving along like that. Emergent storytelling is really great in this game.
Speaker 1: I speaking about emergent storytelling, one of my favorite bits from that upf was Kayla uh asking out out is there fault damage and then immediately just plunking straight into the ground.
Speaker 6: She was clearly in the hair when she asked that, when she screamed at that one person that I'm going to be your step mom's mom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a hard thing.
Speaker 6: I saw someone a chat remind me of that, and I was trying not to laugh for like the last minute because that's just that's what mean what it full front of your full frontal You're asked me, none of anything that makes it scarier.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's scary.
Speaker 4: Like I said, her head is just like a Bengo hopper with a bunch of words in it and just stuff comes out fu. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Having that the peaceful stuff in Solo that has been like okay, But when that peacefulness does get popped and something goes wrong, it's like, oh, this is still a very scary game. And that's what reminds me of PUBG a little bit of is I played a lot of PUBG solo, playing a lot of this solo, and it's like you're just kind of creeping around finding stuff, and the encounters with other humans can be very harrowing. Now im PUBG. You were supposed to shoot, but there was still the chance of like sneaking around, and here I'm like, I'll sneak around. And now we also have this opportunity to use prox chat and try to negotiate or whatever. And even when I'm like not you verbally communicating, everyone's like flashing flashlights or bouncing up and down, being like I'm friendly. And then you know, I've had that turned on me where I told the story of I made of friends with someone at the extraction point and I go in and after he opened it and I looked down, I saw a dead body, and like it kind of occurred to me right in that second. It's like, well, that would only be here if and then that I started getting shot in the back, and it's like, okay, you know what, fair I should have kind of put two and two together faster than that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, incredible amends because I have yet to really dig into arc graders. If you were going in as a trio, do you only get matched with other trios or it's just like mixed bag of like there's one.
Speaker 4: You should go in with people you know ideally, but you can have it fill the trios where you can ask it to not fill.
Speaker 6: And I think you're saying with the rest of the lobby B trios, yes, yes, yes, I think tip typically yes, but you, like Dan said, when you can ask it to not fill it, there's a chance that some of those other solo players might be mixed in there. But for the most part, I think it tries to match you up with the equivalent groups.
Speaker 3: Kah.
Speaker 6: I kind of think there's no duos, though I think there is, like.
Speaker 4: And we're just not filling basically, we haven't run into a lot of trios while we're just going around.
Speaker 3: Moments.
Speaker 4: I love those moments where it's like, Okay, you'll be a duo and you'll meet up another duo. Ow you're just kind of talking and all of a sudden, you know, the arcs, the robots, the I enemies show up, and then it's just like, okay, now we're all just in this fight together. It like suddenly turns into four of us fighting the computer. Like it's really really cool. Stuff like that that really differentiates it from like, you know, it's got elements of pub G, elements of hell Divers, but it's very much got its own flop.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The way that you guys are talking about it, it feels reminiscent to early early days of PUBG of just like miscellaneous stuff happening balls in the stories. Yeah, it's like the random encounters with other people. Would pubs you have been different if there was proct chat at the very beginning?
Speaker 4: Oh my yeah. I mean now, I don't know how much it would really play in because like when it is everyone against everyone, it's kind of just like what are you gonna say?
Speaker 6: Like, right, I mean there's coffin. There was examples early on in both this and Fortnite of people being like finding ways to communicate with others and let's team up for now, and I think both the games were like, no, that's that's against the rules.
Speaker 2: You can't do that.
Speaker 6: If we find you doing that, we're gonna consider that cheating. It's like someone else was like, well what if we made that the entire game? And so yeah, so having the incentive here of like you know, it is, it's game theory, right, it is a stag hunt. It is hey, should we work together to get a medium sized thing or should one of us just go out here and if one of us wins, well then I'll get the bigger prize, but it's more risky. Or do we both try to fight each other and maybe both of us die or something we attract an arc. There's a lot of obvious like risk reward decisions you're making constantly. That's kind of all up and down the chain, and that keeps every sort of interaction very you on your toes and interesting.
Speaker 4: I will say, when you're playing solos, it is the absolute best case for the PS five mic on controller ever, because like I hate wearing headphones. I never wear headsets or just cut off normally. Right, that was scissors, Yeah, that's what we do in this family. But it's just short little bursts of conversation typically, So if you're playing solo, you don't need a headset, play through your TV speakers and then you just press that little unmute button when you see someone and be like, hey, don't shoot, I'm friendly, and then turn them off.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: You don't have to have a fucking headset the all time yeah, yeah, that's handy.
Speaker 3: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 5: Did you guys see neuro Gamer gave the game with two out of five because of the AI voice stuff. And then Tim Sweeney got involved and it was like political opinion should go on to op ed folks. That's real cool stuff. How's that to say? How is that political? Somebody asked this, what's this political? And he said, yes, this technology increases human productivity in some areas by integer multiple multiples, and views on whether this is a net good and should be rewarded or bad and should be fought against are speculative and generally distributed along political lines. Boy, when I think about the warmth and complexity and the emotions of the human condition, I just think about Tim Sweeney and I'm interested in what he has to say the most.
Speaker 3: The most robotic response.
Speaker 6: Sounds like a mill house was real, Like he's just go back climbing your tree.
Speaker 1: I hope you lose yours.
Speaker 4: So he's an interview by definition.
Speaker 3: It sure is, my god, sure insightful.
Speaker 5: Something, just.
Speaker 3: Hold on, hold on, I know well it is video game reviews. Someone put that in the vault.
Speaker 5: Of every time AI is criticized, like the Defenders just come out of like like this will probably bad for artists, and they're like, well, actually, what if it's good for artists? It's like collaborate and they're like you, how could it possibly be? It's like a fucking game past thing where it's like, actually, our games are going to sell even more that they're also available for free on this thing. How does that make sense? We'll never tell if it isn't.
Speaker 3: This is not a one to one comparison, although some would probably argue it is closer to that. But like when people first came around and started being like, hey, you know what, maybe smoking's bad, like imagine, it was met with that kind of like why do is it got to be political? Yeah? You can't even imagine.
Speaker 6: There was like a major campaign against smoking that was relatively successful in America and like it got it banned it most like public spaces and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you could do that.
Speaker 6: Today yet there, I take it back.
Speaker 3: It was one hundred percent political. What am I talking about? Like the lobbying right that went into don't look this way, don't look at this, don't look at this black long, this is unrelated to what you're talking I mean.
Speaker 4: When they introduced like seatbelt laws and everything, people are like, well, this is communism, you know, Jan you need to look up like highlight reels of news, like you know, local news talking laws and every where it's going to be Russia. Were Russia nowhere?
Speaker 5: Like there was like a.
Speaker 2: Big campaign against airbags.
Speaker 7: It's like, oh my God, Jesus Christ while speaking about Human mill House, some of y'all been dipping into Simpson's Fortnite Mister Manati, You and the Minati brothers plus Christian played well a bit of this.
Speaker 5: Four Adoptive Night. I have been I have been playing a good bit of this event. Some of it is like the pressure of I want to unlock Homer, and of course they make him the last thing you unlock in the battle pass. And now I'm invested in a battle pass and want to unlock Homer, and I'm traveling a bunch of this month and they only have until this month to do it. So I am playing a lot, but just buy some levels and gets there. I'll tell you what if I'm it works, if I'm disinvested. I'm about to leave on this Florida trip which goes through to November. I'm not going to be like, oh, wow, guess I don't get Homer then right, just.
Speaker 3: Get better.
Speaker 5: A j found some uh one of like the community maps is just a clicker thing that he was just doing for a few hours to unlock it, and I'm like, well, as long as you were having fun.
Speaker 6: Ag My kids have played a bunch of those. Now, yeah, they love those tycoon games.
Speaker 2: That's what they're called.
Speaker 5: But it is a really fun event because it's not just like, oh, there's like one section of the map that's Springfield.
Speaker 3: The entire map is spring Film.
Speaker 4: When it introduces the when the bus flies and it does the Simpsons intro and says, and it's just fun to look down and be like, Okay, do I want to go near Burns's manor or the power plant or Evergreen Terrace. It's just like, I am totally that person that bought Virtual Springfield just because I wanted to walk around Springfield in a video game and that wasn't even a game, and that was still fascinating to me. So I have like a good ass game like Fortnite, completely live within the Simpsons world with all the right gags and everything, because like, I'm sure there's a million gags. I don't know from season twelve and beyond or whatever, but I think they know their audience and it's like, oh, I see the rake and it's like, oh, I know it's gonna happen if I walk on that rake. You know the right gags? I think it's blinky the fish as an item and stuff like that. It's just been fantastic. They rebranded all of the def stuff to slur so it's like sloping man. Yeah, yeah, what is that about? Why as a Fortnite thing? And also if they've done like beer or alcohol, I don't think stuff, yeah right.
Speaker 6: So yeah, yeah, shooting up downtown Springfield, but you can't it's only firearms please, Okay.
Speaker 3: I will say I think this is one of the strongest integrations they've ever done. Like it is so smart. I think it's also endlessly amazing that, like, you know, certainly, uh my kid knew what the Simpsons were before going into this, but the vast majority of like Simpson's lower that he will ingest is now through Fortnite. Like he didn't see the blinky Fish episode. Wasn't that like yeah, like there's no way on earth he would know what that Springfield head.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that was doing.
Speaker 3: It's like it's a one shot. I think it like helps you against headshots. It's it's crazy. It's just crazy to me that like, oh yeah, he will gather the majority of his Simpson's lower knowledge through playing incessantly and like the kids love this season. They are all about it.
Speaker 5: That's why. Yeah, that's investing billion of dollars a day exactly. It's because they want to their IP to younger people in.
Speaker 3: This like the New Life that I'm sure this says breathed into The Simpsons with an under thirty kind of crowd is like tremendous six.
Speaker 6: To eight year old that thought. I would put on Simpsons for myself and they would be like, uh what sorry, how old is the Simpsons?
Speaker 1: Episode is that you're no, no, no, the Gimmicks.
Speaker 2: Six and eight?
Speaker 6: Yeah, uh not six seven, I'm sorry, Jane.
Speaker 3: Uh that's over door.
Speaker 6: Yeah we're past that. Well, yeah, they wouldn't like it when I put on Simpsons. They'd be like, this is not cool stuff. And now that here's it's in Fortnite, which they just started kind of getting into recently because the K pop stuff and it's like they're you could tell, I could tell they're like warming up to it, or at the very least, it's sort of like washing over them. And it's uh, not something that they're immediately.
Speaker 2: Like repelled to or repelled by.
Speaker 6: So I think it's like, Okay, this is clearly working on some level, and I could see why Disney thinks it's so worthy of investment.
Speaker 4: It's so it's the thing is it is a good game too, So it's easy and just be impressed and like, my god, the roster of characters you've gotten here just dwarfs any game ever by far. And then the game is constantly evolving, like I haven't really played it and probably well over a year, and I went back in and like, all right, Fortnite's still really fucking good. I'm just really impressed by the whole thing.
Speaker 1: I wish I like the Simpsons more. I want to experience with y'all are playing Fortnite.
Speaker 4: The best comedy writing of all time. You'll like it season three through ten, probably the best comedy writing ever.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I like, I don't think I'm going to be checking out Fortnite like because Fortnite anymore. I'll be coming back for stuff like this, sure, and I just think and so they are going to be in a situation where it's like, Okay, we have to keep escalating. What's the next biggest thing we can get now. At the very least, they do have Disney in their corner, so that's going to be easier for some time for the most part. But it feels like diminishing returns as well, because I'm just like, yeah, this is still a fun game, but it is a little bit of a played out sort of style or like shooter mode at this point, I'm not thrilled by Batter Royals the way I once was for sure.
Speaker 4: The thing is when you log in now, it's like, I know, there's a million other things, Like I haven't tried the they have like a Rocket League thing or a rock band thing. There's a million there's that grid of things, and it's just kind of like for me who's been out for a year, it's just kind of overwhelming.
Speaker 1: So it's like, that's a lot of zero build Yeah, that's a lot of Roadblocksky, it's the roadblock style community creations.
Speaker 6: A lot of them are anyhow, and.
Speaker 3: That's becoming pretty big. Yeah, leg.
Speaker 2: Leg Yeah, leg By them.
Speaker 4: I never did that.
Speaker 5: They did a Disneylan thing. I didn't check it out. I heard it's bad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, sorry Mike it but those community created things are very simple, very basive. The clicker that Aj was probably playing is like very like underdesigned, just there to give you something to do less like a click click bomb is more complicated and intricate than a lot of the games you're going to get from the community created stuff in Fortnite.
Speaker 4: So that's not they don't have Chuck.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, Chuck.
Speaker 3: The brain Rock game was like a very big deal. I think I'd tapering off a little bit. Yeah, but yeah, that's the kind of nuts I think. This is, Like I wonder what their next. I mean, what was the one that was this heavily sort of skinned and integrated, Like what was the last one of these, like the.
Speaker 5: Whole map, Like, yeah, the biggest Star Wars ones, But even then, I don't think it's the whole They will do.
Speaker 4: Like, oh, here's a little like tattooine area or something part of the map, but like I've never played the whole thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, to be fair, like this whole map is like cell shaded, like and that's they just kind of turned on that filter. But there it is Springfield spread all over the place for sure. Yeah, in a way that we've not really seen before, at least as far as I can remember.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't remember ever seeing them do the full map before. That's right.
Speaker 6: This is a smaller map too, so it's a little bit easier.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it feels great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they don't like feel too small to me. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's a well.
Speaker 6: They also filled with eighty players, so it's like a kind of bou That's.
Speaker 5: How that makes sense.
Speaker 4: It's just like you go into the Simpson's house and I went up the couch and me and Kayla were playing, and I was Solid Snake and said press X, and like Solid Snakes sits on the couch with a can of Slurp and she's Vegeta. And now Vegeta and Solid Snake are sitting on the Simpsons couch.
Speaker 5: Is like, I kind of love this, but for us, we were each one of the Stimpsons characters you can't play in and we like did the couch thing. Now. So even like some of the in game like quests you can do for just bonus points, like one is just do any emot then shoot a shotgun and it's your dissing your fly girl thing that Mode did from that one episode. Right, you could jump the Springfield Gorge with a car. Oh, it's just it's just really smart. There's just a ton of you know, it's it's it's a lot of not sense fan service, but it's fun.
Speaker 3: Now. Dylan was playing as Bob from Bob's Burgers goes into the the Simpsons house, sees Marge, and Marge goes tell Linda. I said, Hi, oh, that's that was really good.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Now I know that, Uh, Disney is probably okay with the Simpsons just shooting and blasting guns. But what other Disney property do you think they could just be okay, could.
Speaker 6: Shoot a gun, right, he shoots a gun in the movie.
Speaker 3: He's got to me, it seems has that energy for sure.
Speaker 2: Almost.
Speaker 5: I think the corporations are just convinced themselves, well, it's not real guns. It's fine because it playing it does it is just about it.
Speaker 6: It's still it doesn't feel like ar graders to me, like our graders. I feel like, I'm sure a real gun here. For some reason, it.
Speaker 1: Doesn't because I was thinking in terms of like skinning a whole world again. You could maybe do toy story.
Speaker 5: I mean they've done picks are already they this is incredible is in there? Yeah about toys could be good. It's somehow feels a lot Matrix would be good.
Speaker 3: But that is that is that Disney.
Speaker 5: No Epic did that Matrix. Uh like reloaded whatever that demo?
Speaker 4: They have Trinity. I've got like a trinity and like the Dodge is already in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure Neo's in there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, so many I would be alien, but they are like Ripley is in there already. Actually they've done a big.
Speaker 4: Predator one that New movies that Bredather's in there, but he was like I think it was a battle pass thing because I really wanted Bredather and never got him. I've got Terminator.
Speaker 3: See that quick quick anecdote. Bad Lands so fucking good.
Speaker 4: You need to I want to see that's good.
Speaker 3: No, not yet, I would Stobby is in it? Really, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, not Disney.
Speaker 5: They've done any Star Trek stuff yet because.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 5: Because Element.
Speaker 3: That dark Dark City, nothing but sentence.
Speaker 1: If that Tron movie was good, Tron could have translated really well.
Speaker 5: I bet to put Tron in eventually at some point anyways, like Original Tron and Tron like Tron yet, you think.
Speaker 1: They're gonna put that Glenn Powell show Chad Powers into.
Speaker 6: They're gonna do Darren Aronofsky's Mother.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be Downton Abbey and Fortnite would be hard. God let me hours or back art. Yeah, they backlards.
Speaker 5: They should put the sticky bandits in it, right, they should just put the.
Speaker 3: Sticky bandits. I would purchase like immedia, like every now and then, like Dy'll give me something that he thinks I'll like and which is really sweet. He got me Edwards. Oh and I know day one, the sticky bandits would just be in my inbox.
Speaker 2: Kid, I'm just working before we get off this. So it's I think this is awesome.
Speaker 6: I agree with you. Your guys just takes on that that this is a really cool, cool way to have some new Simpson stuff in video games.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 6: It does feel like we get this though, instead of a new Simpson's video game, right, And it's like, I think I would still prefer that, even though I think this would actually be better to play.
Speaker 3: I think your sentiment is in the right place. But I do think from a cost efficiency perspective, we can just do this and get eighty percent of the way there. Yeah, And for as much as like for better or worse, that statement is true. You know, it is exposing the people to that thing, as opposed to taking a risk on a thing that no one might not even play, where you know, people are just gonna play it by virtue of it being Fortnite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I mean look at that Terminator game that it just got delayed again to.
Speaker 6: I mean I just think, like you know, I think Star Wars will probably it's fate will probably be this And it's like, I think it's nice to have Battlefront two to go back to when I'm like in the mood and that pops off with the community every once in a while, once in a while, and that's probably that idea of doing.
Speaker 3: The testing ground, right, Like, oh, maybe we should make a Simpsons game now that it did really will and well I would love.
Speaker 5: For that to be the case.
Speaker 2: I really don't didn't announce a.
Speaker 3: New Simpsons movie.
Speaker 5: They're doing a new movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They put out the game, the Simpsons game with that last one, and that Simpsons game was not terrible.
Speaker 5: It was pretty It wasn't just feel. It just feels so different now, like they're not going to do that, Like, yeah, I would love it. They're like we're making a hit and Run two and like, whoa, what does that look like? Now?
Speaker 3: That'd be so amazing.
Speaker 5: But yeah, it's just not the way things are. And this is like the best. I mean, the last game before this was tapped out, which is offline. Now you came and play it at all right, Oh it's kind of this or nothing.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: From dropping out of the sky onto Springfield to talking about the Ambrosia Sky. This is a neat little title that I checked out a little bit of y'all. Imagine a little bit of Powerwasher, a little bit of a game with a gravity gun and then a gravity or grappling hook, and you have Ambrosia Sky. You are thrown onto a spaceship and you were supposed to collect different plant samples of a different fung guy, and you have your water gun or your powerwashing gun is used to get rid of the miscellaneous fung guy that is popping up throughout this part of space.
Speaker 3: It's neat.
Speaker 1: There's a bunch of little puzzles where you have to kind of futs around with like the gravity or you're using your gravity gun equivalent hook to pull stuff towards you, and you have to It matters what condition the fungi or plant samples are when you acquire them. So if you just walk up to them and get them, they'll be in good condition.
Speaker 3: But if you like.
Speaker 1: Gravity gun them over to you and you drop it and you don't nail like the catch, it'll wind up being a bad sample. And the flow of the levels, as far as they've been for me so far, is you will explore a specific part of a spaceship, get to point B, and then from point B you have to, like Warrior Land style, run all the way back to the very beginning. And there are different obstacles that pop up, like hey there, all these plants are electric, so you can't touch them, so you have to use your grappling hook to pop and bop around them, and your powerwasher water gun equivalent you can control the nozzle, so you can do like a wide flow or like a super tall vertical spray.
Speaker 3: It's neat.
Speaker 1: I like the art style of the game, but it is definitely one of those games that hurts my eyes because the art style is so funky. From my understanding, it's a very small team. I don't quite know how long the game is overall, but I've been enjoying the Bible.
Speaker 4: I'm seeing it listed as part one. Do you know if this is supposed to be episodic?
Speaker 1: I am not quite sure if it's supposed to be episodic. I am not gonna lie. I was kind of humming through all of the dialogue.
Speaker 3: How dare you?
Speaker 1: I know, I know I'm disrespectful, I get it, but I am really enjoying what I've played of it so far. There's an upgrade mechanic where based off of the different types of fungi or plant samples you were collecting, you were affecting like your resistances or the effectiveness of your sprayer gun.
Speaker 3: It's cool the god.
Speaker 1: I just love a cool zero G segment where you have to use a grappling hook to like just pull you through. I just want that to be real. Just that part was it.
Speaker 4: Dead Space two that had those sequences where the gravity would drop out and you could kind of like jet pack around and rotat and everything really good. I remember, like that's my favorite, Like zero G sequences.
Speaker 1: Yeah, parts parts of Ambrosia Sky feel like those segments of Dead Space. It's like if you mix dead Space Warrior Land is it four? I think it's four and Powerwasher Simulator together and just like jumbled it up. Finally we can get that genre going. Speaking about episodic Gang, Holy smokes, you talked a lot about this game last week. I've been streaming a lot of it. I've played it, and it looks like Jurf has played it. I'm talking about Dispatch. Yeah, back, I want to hear what you think.
Speaker 3: About this aside from the penises.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no specific Hey there's one Hey, there's one episode that starts very spicy.
Speaker 3: So I I recruited my wife to yep, thank you, to sit down and watch this with me because I knew what this was and I knew it was like a very narrative focused episodic kind of choose your own adventure thing, and I lost her, like almost immediately after the toxicity Guy Penis stuff. Yeah, look, I tried.
Speaker 6: Did you did you tell her about the censor bar or is that against your your you know, a censor I'm a purist.
Speaker 2: One, a guy.
Speaker 3: Penixactarist Penis purist must keep it. I don't care how drippy and green it is. I wanted in my video game. It's so a little drippy. So I so far really like Dispatch it is. It is, like we said, a narrative driven, episodic sort of cartoon that I believe is from the pedigree that brought us most of the Telltale stuff. That's right, Wolf Wolves among us? And is it the Walking Dead people? Is that who? There's DNA.
Speaker 6: It's like, you know a lot of the Walking Dead people already left the Telltale early on from that first season.
Speaker 3: But yeah, So the story follows a sort of retired superhero who exists in a world where there are people with superpowers, but he does not have superpowers. He was just sort of LARPing as one inside. Yeah, he's this generationally passed down mech suit that he's been sort of dawning for for a while. He kind of is forced into retirement and then is recruited by a superhero dispatch company that is meant to kind of like organize the dispatching of superheroes to problems around Los Angeles. And the first episode is you sort of is this setup for that? And without getting too much more into the story. That's sort of where you are set. I think from a production value point of view, like this is off the goddamn charts. I think some of the look and the kind of like realized collective vision of what this story and game looks like is nothing short of like you know, sensational the as.
Speaker 2: The animation and sort of blocking of.
Speaker 6: Modern day animated shows on streaming platforms and then but it's still presented like a video game. It's directed like a video game, so it's like it's not going to get that stuff is not going to get in the way of you seeing what's happening. So you get all the information so you can make choices the way you want to.
Speaker 3: Make, right. I So, you know, and here's where like I guess my waterfall of positivity kind of doesn't dry up, but it's certainly kind of like peppered in with a little bit of observational kind of criticism.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 3: It's like I think the game, you know, I I almost like don't want to play. I feel like I'm at the point where I'm like, this story is better than any of what the gaming devices are in this thing, and you are almost left to the point where like you can interact with some of the cut scenes in a sort of meaningless you know, or it feels meaningless, kind of like hold a so that you punch back or slide the left stick across so that your mech punches a thing and it's like you have the option to turn that off.
Speaker 6: So the sort of those are the least interesting interaction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, sure, you know. I guess the meat and potatoes of the actual quote unquote gameplay of this thing is the sort of like real time dispatching of these heroes, which for me is like it's fine, it's not the most compelling sort of gameplay loop. Sure, I'm happy to do it, but I'm like, all right, let's get back to like this thing. And I guess it's kind of reminds me of like a lot of when they were trying to get those Choose your Own Adventure like Netflix shows off the ground I get right like where it's like, yeah, I guess it's cool I'm holding a controller during this thing, but I'm not really like finding the right sort of.
Speaker 6: Bad those couple of years there where Jan Dan wouldn't see each other without going dander statch.
Speaker 3: We're all waiting for the next pun that they can play on. Oh, don't you worry. I know it'll happen before the year's out. I'm sure of it. Yeah. So I mean like that's kind of the I guess that's like my sort of over over beauty thing. What do you guys think?
Speaker 1: I actually have grown to really enjoy the dispatching part of the gameplay for folks curious it is. I saw a lot of people saying it was very similar to Thirteen Sentinels combat, where you are going to a heat zone and then from there dispatching a specific unit to take care of it. It is much more hands off than that, because you mentioned it last week, reb but you were given a scenario and some like keywords as to how to deal with the situation, and your different heroes that you were dispatching have their different strength and everything, and from there you were kind of like it's almost a dice roll of like, okay, well they're taught this specific scenario is like, well, you gotta defend a celebrity and then if it gets hairy, you gotta like fight your way out of it. So then you would be sending your heroes of like okay, you're high in combat. This one you're full of mud, so you just defend very well. And then certain instances you can send just one hero or you'll send up to I believe, up the floor in some of the instances, And there's different synergies amongst them which play very well, and it's fun just seeing the interconnectedness of the different characters and just kind of like, hey, I think you might like this person. Oh okay, cool, I guess you guys are friends now, and some of that plays off into the story as you go through.
Speaker 3: I really fucking love this game. Yeap.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm not surprised to hear that both you guys like, I think it has things that each of you like. Beck All you really like high production values. And I'm like watching this being like, yes, this is some of the best this kind of thing that we've had in a game. And Jane, there's all these excellent characters cast to characters that have tension and then they have but they have a reason to work together. That's that's your shit and so and I think it delivers on both those things. And then yeah, I think the uh, the gameplay mechanic of the dispatching having them use that you know, it's just your language language English language, explain the needs of this call, and then you have to sort of just parse that and figure that out in your head. That continues to be very good, and I think it's getting better as I go along, because it does get more complex with getting the characters to work together and being like, Okay, I should manage them a little bit more carefully. I don't want to just maximum, like send the max amount of heroes and every call, because the next call could come in and I might need someone. So I got to be a little bit or sparing, and so you're juggling things a little bit more.
Speaker 2: But then yeah, I've also really enjoyed the story.
Speaker 6: Although I'm getting episode four right now, in my understanding is that's where it begins to take off a lot in terms of like all the stakes and the tension really does rise.
Speaker 2: So looking forward to that planning.
Speaker 3: To do I'm very excited.
Speaker 1: The final two episodes come out tomorrow tomorrow, November twelfth.
Speaker 3: I'm very excited.
Speaker 1: The other thing I'll say is I do want to give a special shout out to the voice acting and generally I'll have a little bit of friction when like fancy schmancy actors are given voice roles that voice actors should have, because sometimes it just doesn't quite translate. Like I love Florence Pugh, I don't think Florence Pugh is great and Puss in Boots you could, she just wasn't giving it the same type of litzpah as like a trained voice actor would do, because it's a completely different acting medium. That being said, I could not tell for the longest time that the main dude that you're playing Robert Robertson is Aaron Paul because he does such a good job at like hiding his uh speaking cadence.
Speaker 3: Behind character sounds like George Clooney in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there's a little bit of drawl.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, Jeffrey right, popped me real hard. Someone mentioned like that it sounds like Jeffer and that's like, oh yeah, that's totally Jeffery.
Speaker 1: Right. So normally I'll be a big proponent of like give voice actor's voice over opportunities, But if an actor is going to do the gi give the proper care to a role, then by all means that being said.
Speaker 3: I saw that they want to do season two. I'm not saying, put me in it.
Speaker 1: Just let me read for a character, and then we'll see give jan a chance, Please give a chance, give give him a chance, and then give Dana dance.
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 5: I hope you dance.
Speaker 2: Why doesn't Dan dance anymore?
Speaker 1: Speaking about speaking about dancing, the music luminous Ariyes just gets me jiving and popping in that chair. Guys, Dan Jerff, I believe YouTube been playing it the most.
Speaker 3: Love it.
Speaker 4: I'm almost done with the journey, and if you've played Tenrorist effect, it's very much that same enhanced style of like chunks of stages all.
Speaker 3: What what note. I was just saying, like I just love how goofy the pieces are at the very beginning, and then just like there's.
Speaker 4: A real stage that I definitely thought about it during.
Speaker 3: I do think there's like parts of the game, like I do think some shapes and colors I can see better than others, and I'm sort of just like this everything.
Speaker 4: With the it's clocks and taxicabs and it's like, okay, it's kind of hard.
Speaker 3: When the astronauts and the cubes get released, that's when I get a little cross eyed and I can't really see what I'm doing.
Speaker 4: But it's like they have brought Luminous back on like xbo A or Luminus remastered on Switch and stuff before. But this is like my favorite version of it because it really is like that was part of the beauty of the PSP one, which PSP objectively dog shit console, but Luminous almost made it worth it.
Speaker 3: Is just going said that for I feel like you were targeting one very specific person with that comment.
Speaker 4: No, I'm talking about the console. It's a console, Miller, Miller, I feel like that. Yeah, yeah, I feel like that too. So which Vita also objectively so they fixed all the problems. Ve so much, asshole, they suck so much. But Luminous delightful, delightful game and just that like every time you don't know when it's going to morph into the next thing, and the music's gonna change and the visuals cool, Like it's awesome, and like look what they did with Tetris effect they did with Luminous, which it's interesting because like Tetris kind of needed it more and that Tetris is usually just kind of like, hey, here's some blocks, you know, and they kind of Luminous up Tetris, you know, here, it's kind of like them doing the natural thing, like, oh, this is like just a new luminous that they took over. It plays the same except for the new burst mechanic, which I think is awesome.
Speaker 3: And can you explain this to me? I couldn't quite wrap my head around.
Speaker 4: I'm still kind of like, Okay, so you trigger it the first and you can do about one hundred, Well you can do it before that.
Speaker 6: Fifty you could do it, so you can pull it as a risk at one hundred, Yeah you're about to die.
Speaker 4: You can pull the burst thing at fifty, but it's just gonna you're not gonna get as much juice out of it.
Speaker 3: Basically.
Speaker 4: I always try to wait till it's at max and then it's like it will basically pick like it seems like a chunk of blocks that you are already uh you know, like oh, here's already like in a four or six or eight blocks there. It's like, okay, that's kind of the nucleus that you're trying to like build off of. Let's say that's all blue or taxi cabs or whatever, you know, you throw all your taxi cabs at the ball or taxicabs and it gets bigger and bigger and bigger, and it starts feeling incredible as it gets huge, and then it starts bouncing the other ones up. So the ice cubes, the taxi cabs are the nucleus and the ice. If you haven't bite luminius, this sounds insane. It's blocks blue and orange will say. So if your ball is blue, all the oranges go to the top and you building off it.
Speaker 6: Sorry, you go sort of like you want to like make it a big square, and you kind of like if you do that, yeah, that'll include everything in the burst, and then all that stuff explodes and then the orange stuff comes back. Yes, then you might get another combo from that.
Speaker 4: It's yeah, yeah, So let's say you get the big blow up thing and then all the like oranges fall down and they're all connected, and then maybe sometimes you get one of those little crosses that connects all of the same color and then you just clear out the whole fucking map. And so now you know, servers are live for online. So I played a little bit online this morning when I got up, and uh so when you do that stuff, it throws garbage blocks at them, and the garbage blocks come in from the sides, and so if you are making matches against the garbage blocks, that's how it kind of clears it out. So like had some very very tense, very fun burst battles they're called in multiplayer, but just the journey itself is so atesome. I can't wait to do this, Like this is top notch. Get a little high, getting the VR set, play the whole journey type thing. Respect you know, I'm definitely going to be doing that with Luminous, but I have not done a journey end to end yet. I've just kind of been like I have like one level left of it, I think, but just tremendous game. These are the right people to bring Luminous back for sure.
Speaker 3: I still think I don't know if I'm good, Like I don't know if I'm good at this. I think the four the two by two blocks just don't speak to me the way like a Tetris block speaks to me, or.
Speaker 6: I feel that way. Yeah, it's not intuitive the way Tetris intuitive, but it's not until you get over the hump.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think once people realize the almost like timing aspect of it, of just like the timeline that goes across like kind of once you figure out what that timeline is doing, I start realizing the strategy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is very much like the windshield wiper blade of it all, where you just kind of like have this micro reset. But you know, still I also think, like the scoring is is it's tough for me to follow, like you know, as much as you you kind of like parlay all those the matching and the wiping together, and then like, all right, well, how does this translate to like me being strategically smart with scoring and combo ing and stuff like that. I'll just see combo stuff. I'm like, oh, I understand kind of why I got that combo, but I got it by accident.
Speaker 4: It's based on just the number of two by two squares I believe you get during the like in between spaces between the timelines.
Speaker 3: So and yeah, let's call them waves basically.
Speaker 4: So if you can get sixteen times combo, if you get like, I don't know, four two by twos or something like that, but I would say, more importantly, don't worry about that, Like, just try to keep your board clear, just try to put things down in places that are smart, try to time things with the line more than anything.
Speaker 3: Yes, racing that is, yeah, the bursts, Yeah, racing the reset line is really like the thing I'm focusing on the most now. And I feel like I've been playing this on and off for like two months already, right, Like, I feel like we've had some level of access to this game for a while.
Speaker 4: And it's one for Steam Deck, and yeah, they've focused on making sure it's ready to.
Speaker 2: They said that's because the legacy of the PSP.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, I don't don't play this with a mouse and keyboard. It's it's not meant for that. Will be arrested, yeah, I mean I probably will be, but like I didn't have a controller, buy me in my Steam Deck. I don't know where where it is, but yeah, if folks are curious. It also does the whole tetrace effect thing of like when you are shifting around the configuration of the block, it's just still going to the music, so you're still like with a drum be like uh and then as you drop in and everything, it's just so good. I do just want to get blazed and play this now.
Speaker 3: It's top notch for that, which.
Speaker 5: Better better man than you doing that?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 6: I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, like, there it's a lot, man, it is a lot, and.
Speaker 1: There is a there's a massive photo sensitivity warning, So folks are that's kind of what.
Speaker 3: I mean more than freaking out, Like it's just there's a lot of stuff flopping on screen there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's there's no dehydration warning, so maybe double check if you're going to drink and go in your sauna.
Speaker 4: I guess is it just PlayStation?
Speaker 3: Is that the way you do it? Because it's not on Oculus, right, meta?
Speaker 2: What are you asking playing v for VR?
Speaker 6: I mean, is it not the Steam v R because then you could just stream it to your Oculus.
Speaker 4: I guess you could just see that steam br link thing. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it works great.
Speaker 1: Just put Pisoper two out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just get that piscarer out and strap it on your face. I feel like I play this thing in my family room sometimes and at the end of a session my eyes are like blurry and teary.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, stuff, let me tell you.
Speaker 3: And that's like, yeah, I'm wondering, like like, hey, maybe I don't put this directly on my face. I feel like it being ten feet away is enough of like a work out my eyeballs in my veins. Yeah, it's all.
Speaker 1: Right, good luck, Luminous arise, it's out out now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, multiple up and running. That's been fun to do. Do more of that tonight.
Speaker 1: Another thing that is out out now and has been out that we've had access to is Mortal Kombat Legacy.
Speaker 4: Collection, so fucking good grub. You and I were talking somewhere about we've been watching the documentary stuff and like we you know, we played a lot of the game at the Bombiton.
Speaker 3: I think we broke that out.
Speaker 4: If you want to see the Mortal Kombat tournament we did with Benny and Alyx, which was the highlight of the bombitthon, I think. But you know, obviously that's not the place to watch the documentaries. So I've been just kind of going through that and it's it turns out like I've never really understood the appeal of video game documentaries, even though Ben Hanson's been yelling at me about the Double Fine thing for like fifteen I just have to like the games. I don't care about Double Fine. I love Mortal Kombat. So it's like, this is fascinating shit. Namely, I mean, it's all great, but Grubbs we were talking about they fucking got on camera the moment that is that Daniel Pasina plays Scorpion and Johnny Cage and sub Zero, but he's in the Scorpion outfit and they're doing the like it's not really mo cap, they're just kind of like taking the footage of it's you.
Speaker 6: Know, frame capture, Yeah, yeah, the frame capture stuff.
Speaker 4: So it's him, you know, on set basically, and they're just getting him to do punches and stuff and they're like, oh, you want to try a different stands for sub Zero and stuff like that, Like all this stuff is fascinating. And then ed Boone, like a twenty something year old Ed Boone, they have the footage of him being like, oh, you know, what would be badass? What if you had like you could throw like a spear into someone and they had a rope on it and you could like pull it back. You see the moment he brings up that idea, and there's like two seconds between him coming up with the idea and suddenly Scorpion and costume doing the move you've seen a billion times, like the most iconic moral combat move ever. It's oh man, all this all these interviews were great, and that most of these fucking dudes are like still at Netroom damn.
Speaker 3: Forth just retired.
Speaker 4: Like yeah, it's like this is just dudes that didn't have corporate bullshit holding them down. In terms of ideas. You just saw a bunch of guys in an office in Chicago that were having cool ass ideas and they were talking about like certain fatalities and stuff like the sub zero spine rip they just took from Predator and uh, They're like, oh, wonder if this is going to be too much and they're like a Midway guy came in like Piza seven the rooms.
Speaker 3: Like bad ass.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's how games would be made.
Speaker 5: That's cool.
Speaker 6: The Chicago of the documentary and the you know, the setting and where all this guy's is from really comes through. And I was saying that somewhere else, like that's just a city I love in the Midwest being represented so hardened video games. It's like, oh, yeah, Mortal Kombat's a product of just like the culture I come from, and they'll be like, you know, what would be cool and then so that to see that then represented in the moment they could have shown it to capture that specific move from the history of Mortal Kombat.
Speaker 2: It's like, holy crap, what a what a cool thing.
Speaker 6: I'm so glad Mortal Kombat existing was doing things this way and that we get to see it all. It's it's a really well done thing.
Speaker 4: You see footage from when they would take the test, like Arcade Cabinet, they would just bring it to this place in Chicago and set it down. They put like a new game thing on it, and like they would basically incognito because I didn't know John Tobias and Ed Boone, the guys just kind of like standing there and watching people.
Speaker 5: Try it out.
Speaker 4: And like when we realized, like Ed Boone would go up and just like they just thought he was another guy and he would do a fatality and just like walk away.
Speaker 3: And did they do that?
Speaker 4: Like that that mystery around Mortal Kombat that like I feel like I was born in eighty four, so that was like that was the time before the Internet where it's like that early nineties where people were not looking up codes and stuff on the internet, where like that could exist where they could bury secrets and stuff. And it's like even on the home console once where it's like okay, one in three hundred times. When you go onto this question mark space on the ladder in Mortal Kombat too, you're just like playing pong or whatever, like weird shit like that and you wouldn't know it right away, stuff like you know, reptiles showing up in the pit and people trying to figure out how to fight him, and like, I just I'm very nostalgic for that series in particular, and that really encapsulates that.
Speaker 3: Time before the Internet kind of like ruined all the mystery.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was like thinking, like I would put up being twelve in nineteen ninety five, like against anyone else's year being twelve. I think it's like that's the one thing I have. And then you know, things weren't great after that, but hey, in that moment, things were fantastic, and it's like, oh, this also captures that that like anything as possible. We have all this new technology, we're kind of just figuring it, figuring it out, and they kind of immediately became the masters of those that frame capture stuff and just making silly things look fun and cool and kind of badass. Yeah, and I was I was even a super huge Mortal Kombat guy at the time back in the nineties, I was a street fighter guy. But you know it's like still like seeing that history be like, oh yeah, no, this was also awesome. I'm so glad they were doing things their own way, in a different way than everyone else was developing games and seeing that reflected on screen rules.
Speaker 1: If they can do this with sorry real quick, if they can do this with the technology that they had, then with everything we have now we can.
Speaker 2: Just I'm fra yes, some can definitely frame crafture some stuff.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, make a Mortal Combat, oh Jesus, or frame by frame cleaning this It wasn't even like a green screen that were working off of, Like no, were they just bring it in and just clean it.
Speaker 2: Every individual like they had to make the two themselves.
Speaker 6: And of course there was like Eugene Jarvis Is and some other guys were like actually responsible for making the tools for some other games right before that and they got to like use it. But there wasn't like photo shop. They were just kind of figuring this stuff off on the stuff on the fly.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, you kind of like Sonya there in full gear and just like can you do a thing where you kind of like flip over and have your legs go over and you know, okay, I'll try that, like just telling us like stunt people, like can you do a thing where it's.
Speaker 3: Like you're rating and you do it looks disinterested to be a job, that's a job whatever, you know, that kind of thing.
Speaker 4: Rad and do the torpedo with like one foot fully planted.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think the doc is like almost worth the price of admission. Oh you know what I mean, Like, I think it's so compelling. I think, you know, more common exists in this sort of like enigmatic space for me as a as a young person, because I'll be honest, I was like a little scared of it. I was like eleven, i think when I first started hearing about it or twelve, and I was sort of just like what the.
Speaker 5: Fuck is this like fucking murder game?
Speaker 3: Like what's going on?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: And it had with that came a lot of intrigue and you know, it was more above average in terms of like sensitivity back then. But I think it became this like very elusive and like mysterious black box for me, and I think without it, I would not have been drawn to, like, you know, when it had its console debut and that was like such a big deal to me because it was like forbidden taboo kind of thing. Yeah, watching this doc has really like picked a lot of those scabs in a good way for sure.
Speaker 4: I mean, if we're talking like formative moments of the video games like Mount Rushmore, for me personally, it's like playing Middle of your Solid playing Mario sixty four. And when I got ninety one, i was seven. Or my cousin who's two years older than me, he took me to his dad's like he ran like a gas station basically, and he always had one or two arcade machines and one pinball machine. So it's typically Mortal Kombat, NBA Jam and Adam's family or the Terminator Pinball should go. And so every Wednesday, my grandma would pick us up and we'd go there and she'd let us have some quarters and we'd go play games. And the day we went in, they had Mortal Kombat for the first time. Matt, my cousin, like went up and he did Scorpions Fatality and I'm seven years old and I'm like, that's the coolest fucking thing I've ever seen. And then he did sub Zero Spine rip and it's like literally like jaw dropping. So then it became this thing that like that winter, we would go to the gas station. We would buy red slurpies at his dad's gas station, and then we would go to my grandma's front lawn and play Mortal Kombat, and like I would do anuppercut and we would throw the red slurpee on the snow so it looked like blood was staining all around us. We were I would to the principal for fucking like drawing Raiden's fatality and just like blood covering the whole page and everything like that. Nun saw it and it was like you need to go to the principal, like all this like classic Mortal Kombat stuff at the right age.
Speaker 3: And just it was just the coolest shit ever. Tell me you would not watch an entire season of Young Daniel. I would watch that shit. I mean it should be a cartoon maybe also, but holy shit, I would be all about that your misadventures. What a delight.
Speaker 4: It just it did not get cooler than those early days in Mortal Kombat. And like I'm still working through the firs, Like it's there's a lot of footage and a lot of documentaries like so much. I'm still like at the getting near the end of the Arcade MK one stuff, and I know it's going to go into the console stuff and Mortal Monday and then two three, and Yeah, it's awesome.
Speaker 6: It really is. And I don't I think you're right, Dan, that caring about these games goes a long way. I think that's not just specific for you, but definitely true for you. I think if there's anyone that's like, I never cared about Mortal Kombat, will this give me appreciation for it? Yes, it will cool this and that. The same thing's true for like the Atari fifty thing and all that other stuff. If you're like open to that sort of thing, these games will deliver on giving you the history and all the anecdotes and the emotion of like when the the guys like years later found one of the original Space Computer Space Arcade machines sitting on the side of the road in California and they're just like, we're gonna go get this thing. And it's like that that sort of stuff is in this Mortal Kombat one as well, and they do a really good job of sort of conveying why it's important.
Speaker 1: Lovely, lovely, fantastic, folks. That almost does it for video game talk, because it's just gonna at play a little seed, give give a little tease to y'all at home because one of us has played. Well, I guess two of us have played Metroid Prime four and we'll be talking about it this Friday. That's right, Well, have a little preview, get I got some impressions to share. It's about all we can say, about all we can say. That's about all we can say.
Speaker 3: We will talk. Are you okay? Mike, you should come. You should come and we'll talk together.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, we'll do that.
Speaker 3: Come to the recording.
Speaker 4: Not everything is my God Wall, the Blair Mitch Project.
Speaker 3: You're gonna come and we're gonna talk about Metroid Prime for Colon beyond.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, folks, We're gonna go and take a quick preaky break and then Jeff Greubb will be back with the news.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: In the meantime, we were going to shame Mike for everything that he has done.
Speaker 6: So reikey jan you taught me to overcome my fear of sharp objects. I want to teach you how to overcome your fear of saving money.
Speaker 3: No, I don't want to.
Speaker 1: I will only ever pay the manufactured suggested retail price.
Speaker 3: Stop.
Speaker 6: You don't have to live this way because now there's.
Speaker 3: Deko Deals the double D.
Speaker 6: That's right, Deco Deals is the best way to find deals on any major gaming platform or store.
Speaker 3: I don't want no bunk out of date coupon code grub.
Speaker 2: It's nothing like that.
Speaker 6: Deeku Deals has both the hottest and the fresh deals updated constantly. It's also just added Steam support with a super simple page to find bundles for Steam code.
Speaker 1: Ooh, I just found the Missed and Riven Complete collection for eight dollars on Humble using Deco Deals right now.
Speaker 6: I also use Deco Deals to build and add and share wish list. You can even use it to keep track of your collection.
Speaker 1: You know what, I think we should all build some lists and host them on Deco deals dot com slash giant bomb.
Speaker 6: And if listeners go to Deco deals dot com slash giant bomb, they can vote to make us play a game on the November twenty first episode of Unprofessional Fridays.
Speaker 1: Learn more at Deko deals dot com slash giant bomb. You know we were just talking about teasing some teases for later in the week, but sooner.
Speaker 3: Than that, perhaps tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Even Uh, we we got another video, so you should pay attention to wherever we post videos, whether details now.
Speaker 2: No, it's not work.
Speaker 3: You can't have it.
Speaker 5: No, you know that's how I get most of the scoops.
Speaker 2: It will grab way more than you would think.
Speaker 4: You can see it tonight, Grub. Thanks meet me and Jan travel together again.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 3: I like traveling. I love traveling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's not news to me because but Jeff Grubb has news for me. Grub.
Speaker 6: That's right, I have the news. Let's start with news about more news. PlayStation is announced a State of Play Japan special for this week. Let's say it's gonna happen today at five pm Eastern two pm Pacific times. So h think me and Mike are going to talk over If anyone else is around, feel free, but at the fair least it will be us.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: I think this is cool.
Speaker 6: They're gonna focus on Japanese games as well as other games from Asia, they said. I think that might include some of their own, but I bet there will be a lot of partner games in there as well. But I like it when Sony's like, hey, remember we're a Japanese video game company, and uh well I wish that uh you know, Worldwatch Studios Japan was still going Japan Studios at the very least do something like this to gesture at that legacy. And this feels like that's exactly what they're doing. You guys have any expectations for this?
Speaker 1: I mean, like they closed all the studios I'm familiar with.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think, like I said, think it's gonna be partner stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I don't know if like that means more like resident Evil because there's a whole resid eval thing coming, so we're probably not seeing that here. Yeah, I guess I'm curious what exactly this is point. I mean, like i'd love it that it you know, it's like we're gonna revive one of those classic sort of Japanese made franchise, like here's a new ape Escape. Finally. I don't want to set my expectations that high though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we.
Speaker 2: Already saw it off like things go well, so they get to that point. Sorry, Jane, go ahead, No.
Speaker 1: No, I was gonna say it's too early to see anything about like the new Silent Hill remaster. But that's not even gonna remake of one. No, yeah, but that's my blueber. It wouldn't show up here anyway.
Speaker 6: There's like there's maybe some other Silent Hill things. Someone said, like Anna Pirna they were they doing.
Speaker 5: There's like there's one more. Yeah, there's like one other Silent Hill project aside from the remake. We haven't heard about it. I forget its the same token will probably be there. Oh yeah, COOLi Revell character for Tokon for sure. Yeah for two someone at chest Head Ridge Racer. So now I'm actually gonna lodge onto that and just hope desperately that we'll get some ridgies and some races.
Speaker 1: Uh. Would we potentially see anything from.
Speaker 3: Square at all?
Speaker 1: I mean Kingdom I don't want to say Kingdom Hearts four because every time I say it, I feel like it gets pushed back twelve years.
Speaker 6: Sure, Yeah, I just like, is this big enough for that?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't think we're gonna see anything. We can see something from Square Enix, I don't know, but it's gonna be like Kenohart's four Found Fantasy seven remake Parts three.
Speaker 3: I have a question where did all the Tango Game Works people land they got purchased by Crafton, the pub g company. Did they close the studio?
Speaker 2: The studio got.
Speaker 6: Closed by Microsoft and then then a crafted showed. It was like, hey, we'll buy what is the rhythm action game.
Speaker 5: I Fi Rush Fi Rush.
Speaker 6: Yes, we'll buy High Fi Rush and the studio so that the studio can make a new thing in High Fi Rush Universe.
Speaker 3: Tokyo. Am getting that? So no more spooky stuff is what you're saying.
Speaker 6: It doesn't seem I don't know if I don't think Microsoft sold the Evil Within?
Speaker 2: Is that what those games are called?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't think the Microsoft sold Evil Within to Crafton. Maybe they sold Ghost Wire Tokyo, but I don't think they're interested in that. They're interested in High Fi Rush at.
Speaker 3: Least so far.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay uh.
Speaker 6: Nintendo direct confirmed for the Super Mario Galaxy movie, so we have a least they stay to play and or direct. They did say that this direct which is happening Wednesday, November twelve, so that's tomorrows of the time that we're recording this. That'll be at six am Pacific, nine am Eastern a two pm GMT. They said this won't have video game announcements, which okay, so it's just kind of They're probably going to show off the first real trailer uh for the Super Mario Galaxy movie and cool. Yeah they did this before you guys expecting any sort of jaw dropping moments like the moment you aren Chris Pratt was going to be Mario.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Nintendo is just so weird because they don't have to have a whole direct just put the trailer out.
Speaker 5: Yo, I want to have bets right now? Is Yoshi gonna be a Folly voice character? Is he's just gonna make Yoshi noises.
Speaker 4: Yoshi noises, Yoshi Yoshi noises.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that would almost seem a bridge, like a bridge too Far cartoon had him talking. Way.
Speaker 4: They haven't announced the voice for Yoshi, right, No, No, they're gonna.
Speaker 5: Probably announce some voices that we're gonna get the Rosalina voice actress probably here, right.
Speaker 4: Yoshi's gonna be Jeremy Irons, Okay.
Speaker 5: Now boards Jeremy Irons. Yeah, do you guys? You guys see the Pillsbury uh Cookie Company leaked the Yeah she looks good and.
Speaker 3: Wait what happened yesterday? Does no one watch all the shows on this website. Jillsbury leaked the design of the Yoshi Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yoshi cook cookie box and Junior stamp oh yeah featured in to this movie.
Speaker 3: But no one has sucked up the design of Yoshi.
Speaker 5: It's hard to do. He's pretty cute.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: How's Sbouser Junior just show up? It was like be like, oh right, my son that I forgot to acknowledge in the last Yeah exactly, yeah school right exactly.
Speaker 6: He's home for a summer summer break, and they won't bring up the fact that he doesn't have a mom.
Speaker 2: They just won't come up.
Speaker 4: Well, well, he's got questions about his mom based on Sunshine.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, grub.
Speaker 4: I saw during your show somebody in the chat said, is Bowser Junior gonna make a six to seven joke? And some people thought he would, And I'll say it if he does. If Bowser Junior makes a six to seven reference, I will never play another Nintendo game.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, that is not a zero percent chance.
Speaker 4: I careful chance, an opportunity gonna happen to.
Speaker 3: Do the funniest thing.
Speaker 4: Chris Son, if you are listening, get back in the v O booth not gonna.
Speaker 6: They would, they Wouldn'tintendo is better than that. Odds he's still digesting hat to this day. Yeah, ever, very famously eater of hats. Yeah, you know what's weird is that Yoshi is not look great.
Speaker 5: What was more upsetting to me on the Pillsbury thing was seeing the movie Chris Pratt Mario doing the Mario Galaxy flying post from that box art just looks weird.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I have a canonical idea in my head of what that looks like. You're right, And anything that's off is like a it feels like the Okay Uncanny Valley is happening here.
Speaker 5: There's like they released a teaser trailer along with the announcement of this direct and it is like toads on the water for like the star like festival whatever it is that does happen in the game. So, uh, it is interesting, like we are adapting that one already. Yeah, and it makes to get because you do get Yoshi, you get Rosalina, you get a bunch of new characters and toys.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If we get a voice for Yoshi, genuinely, besides Jeremy Irons, who would y'all want?
Speaker 5: Chat? Said Ben Schwartz. On, Like that sounds right.
Speaker 1: They can't have Ben Schwartz, he's.
Speaker 3: Sonic John Malkovich, please, thank you.
Speaker 1: Here's my pick. Jenny Slate.
Speaker 2: Oh it's one that'd be fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah? Wow?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 3: Because she already.
Speaker 2: N Butler so son he could sue him again.
Speaker 1: If you can't get if you can't get Ben Schwartz, get Jenny Slaate his sister, so they can just Yoshi please.
Speaker 5: Jenny slap. But it's only using clips of her voice from hosting the YouTube Comedy Awards.
Speaker 4: No one tried to keep something on the rails more than her in that moment.
Speaker 5: It usually has to be like it's like I'm like a you know, non reverend goofball and like she's trying to hold it together against Norm McDonald.
Speaker 3: Jenny Slay. Now I'm thinking Kristin Shawl for yoh uh, I.
Speaker 1: Could see its Kristin Shawl for Bowser Junior would go so hard, God, that's actually she could do that.
Speaker 6: That's actually pretty good kind.
Speaker 4: Of Bowser Junior. Like I think I was anti Bowser Junior at first because they really wreckoned the coopl Lings, and I really love the Coopling.
Speaker 2: It wasn't Bowser Junior's fault, though, don't take it out on him.
Speaker 4: No Boers decided that these seven children weren't his kids anymore. Basically a bad guy, and then he had a new favorite son. But I won a Coopling revival questions.
Speaker 5: I really saw that they were in all of the New Mario Brothers games that got put into Smash Brothers. They you know what the other Smash Brothers. I should think what you thought? I wanted them back. Then they came back and I got tired of them pretty quickly.
Speaker 3: What are you talking?
Speaker 4: They're gonna have silly names. They look goofy, some of them sunglasses.
Speaker 6: Some bad issues because there were seven of them. And then the dad named the eighth kid Bowser Junior. What does that do to somebody like Orbison? Like let me Motorhead just dirt bag years. Oh yeah, yeah, Ludwig Vaughn. Isn't there like Ludwig?
Speaker 5: That's my favorite?
Speaker 4: Like they're cool.
Speaker 6: That is weird, though, I guess we'll find out the answers to all these questions and more on Wednesday for the Nintendo direct covering the Super Mario Galaxy movie.
Speaker 4: I'm just looking up pictures of Cooplings this makes me happy that.
Speaker 2: Movie's out in April.
Speaker 6: Good for the Grand Theft Auto six has been delayed again to the end of twenty twenty six, and that happened within the last se days. It was surprised. Tom Be like, oh yeah, it feels like I had it forever ago. This is another delay. It's now coming out November nineteenth. I said somewhere, I think when we first talked about this on Game mess Mornings, that this doesn't even feel like a real delay because it's for them, it's so easy to move this because it's in the same fiscal year. You weren't moving it past Christmas. It's honestly might do even better in this slot. So for them, it's like this doesn't feel like a negative in any way, and they get more time to make the game better. So I'm I wasn't surprised at all to learn that this had happened. There could still be more delays, but I feel like at this point it's a little less likely if.
Speaker 3: You're even convinced that it will come out in twenty twenty six, yeah, yeah, then sure.
Speaker 6: I mean it could easily move to March of twenty twenty seven, very easily. Because that would again again still be the same fiscal year. But yeah, they're the reasons for it. They just like they basically are saying, we want to make sure that the launch goes perfectly. We don't want to ruin any chance or risk any chance that this game will not be accepted as one of the best games ever made when it comes out, and we don't want any backlash. So and they're trying to nail it now, nail it down with this initial launch.
Speaker 1: And perhaps they're just trying to hope other negative stories surrounding Rockstar are just gets covered up.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: The timing of this was it was right before their earnings report. But they also laid off about thirty to forty people. Fired forty people because of gross miths conduct, is their claim. And what is that gross Miths conduct? They were talking openly about their business, which I guess Rockstar was arguing this violation of the NBA, but they were talking about that in a discord about their business because it was a place where they were organizing for labor so that they could all be in a union. And so the expectation here's Rockstar fired a bunch of people for trying to form or to strengthen the union that exists. The maybe notable thing there is the number of people in the union that relates to Rockstar passed a certain threshold in the UK where it's like, now the Rockstar will be forced because it's over this number to have a collective bargaining talks with this group. Well, I bet these firings put it back below that number, which maybe a little suspicious, but yeah, that definitely happened, and then got buried by this news that Grand Theft.
Speaker 2: Auto six what was being delayed.
Speaker 6: Marvel nineteen forty three, Rise of Hydra also delayed. They have not given it a new date. It was supposed to come out in early twenty twenty six. All they're saying it is now coming beyond that date. This is a game that feels like it's not real every time it was what I say every time we talk.
Speaker 3: Goot, it is this the one with a Black Panther in it?
Speaker 6: Yes, this is Black Panther and Captain America in it is Captain America Ray in World War Two. So it's not the Black Panther game from EA, which I think that's the one that got canceled. This is the separate game from Amy Hennick's team and sky Dance. So Larry Ll since money is behind this and it is going to be like an uncharted like but with these these two characters, it's hard to say. We don't we don't really know much. The only the only place that this game's ever really shown up is an Unreal Engine event where like the technology of the game was shown.
Speaker 2: Off because it's using Unreal Engine. Beyond that, we just haven't seen much about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a trailer from what feels like years ago at this point, and.
Speaker 3: That's yeah, I don't know, it's just very confusing. H yep.
Speaker 6: We'll see if that that gets like a new dat or when that re emerges, you know, I'll say this game. There's a handful of games that are in this weird spot of they were too big or too close or sort of the only bet that some of these companies had, so they aren't part of that batch of games that's been getting canceled, but there was quite a few of those recently where all these companies were pulling back, like Perfect Dark got canceled, Like there's a lot of stuff in that bucket. This game feels like the next bucket over, which is this game at a lot of other companies probably would have been canceled by now, but the companies now instead probably just trying to hedge their bets and figure out exactly what it is and maybe try to get it out the door instead.
Speaker 2: For Suicide Squad, Yeah, it.
Speaker 5: Just seems the idea of canceling another aiming headed game just seems.
Speaker 3: So rude to me.
Speaker 5: At this point, she hasn't been able to release a game that she's had a big role in since the p S three era. It's just ridiculous.
Speaker 6: Jesus, all right, let's keep going here. Four years into a into the ten year plan, Halo Infinite is officially ending major updates.
Speaker 3: That's wild.
Speaker 6: That game is only four years old, it feels much.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Does that include when it got delayed that it's supposed to be a launch game for the series series? Yeah?
Speaker 5: The series?
Speaker 3: Yes, your series series. Yeah, so I guess you put it like that year.
Speaker 2: I guess it can out in twenty twenty one then, yeah, wild.
Speaker 6: So yeah, anyway, they are ending development for that game.
Speaker 2: They're getting it's getting.
Speaker 6: One more major update, and then next year we'll get Halo Campaign Evolved, which is the remake of the campaign of the first game, and that obviously begs the question, Halo is a famous multiplayer series. What will be the replacement in terms of what where do you point people now to go play Halo multiplayer? Well, obviously they must have something to answer that coming soon as well. It won't be part of that campaign Evolved, that's just the campaign. So yeah, they'll have a chance to announce whatever that is, but clearly they're getting getting ready to move on Halo Infinite. That was such a weird situation because now we're at a point where everyone kind of talks about it. It's like, I like that game, and then they're like, well, why did anyone play it? It's it's just because it didn't have immediate massive gobs of like oncoming content at all times because they just couldn't figure out the engine. So they're using unre ungine this time. Hopefully that we'll address that and they'll be able to figure it out. But I don't know what, because what do you do? It's is it gonna just be feel like Halo Infinite again? I don't know what you do with Halo. Do you guys have any insight?
Speaker 3: No, idea put the Simpsons in it, you know, yeah, yeah, change the whole Fortnite map into yeah Halo, And I don't know, I don't.
Speaker 5: Know what you do, because I mean I really liked it, right and like boy, like people just the vibe around have got so bad so quickly from and there were false It's hard to just make a lot of content for a game like that, So how do you somehow smooth out that that process? I mean, they're gonna try AI And that's my fear is that the next Halo is like, this is gonna be Microsoft Howard right right, It's gonna be a lot of that bs. It didn't even turn out Whirl in the game.
Speaker 4: No Windows.
Speaker 3: I just I just think there is a certain amount of rust on Halo that you just can't polish off. And I just whether that's like brand rot or whatever it is, there's just something about that franchise that has not been able to like generationally continue its momentum for whatever reason.
Speaker 1: Do you all think it is going to go by the ways of like Medal of Honor.
Speaker 3: I don't think son Metal of Honor, Halo's much has a much longer legacy than.
Speaker 1: For sure, not able to adapt.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know. I think it's too big. I think I think they'll figure something out probably. I mean seems like Battlefield was dead and then it just kind of takes one game for to finally get people they want basically, and all of a sudden, Battlefield is huge.
Speaker 6: Again.
Speaker 5: I don't think Halo is like going away or anything. They'll even if the next one doesn't work against somehow, and even the one after that, Microsoft will have the funds to brute force it eventually. I think you're right.
Speaker 6: I think it hit when when, like when people are ready and receptive toward a new Kalo.
Speaker 3: So I think I think it's I think it's one of those things that it's like we got to like put it on the shelf for a little bit, give it to bun you know. Yeah, you know, like like you do with the they're not working with anything with the secret recipe. Yeah, and then when the time's right, it'll be fine.
Speaker 2: Uh all right, seven years is more? Hey, what's going on with Microsoft stuff?
Speaker 6: Seven years after it was announced the Elder Scrolls six is still a long way off. Todd Howard says, basically, he's like, yeah, we're working on it, we have Fallout stuff happening, like there's probably a Fallout three remaster being done, just like Oblivion. He didn't say that part, but that seems to be what he's suggesting. Uh, But then, yeah, the team is working in Earnest on the next Elder Scrolls game. But I think he's also kind of suggesting, we really did just finish star Starfield Starfield and yeah, and so now, yeah.
Speaker 5: Think about what the name of it was, right, well, yeah, you know they had all those they had those expansions to make for star Field that were just you know, eating up right.
Speaker 2: And I think they still right.
Speaker 6: That first one was very negatively received by everyone except for Greg Miller. And then I think coming into Greg today, I didn't mean to grub, meant to Yeah, now, let's still directly attack that man.
Speaker 2: Otherwise I don't know what you're doing.
Speaker 3: I physically attacked him.
Speaker 6: I So we'll see this game at some point. Still, obviously they're going to make another Elder Scrolls. But are we talking twenty twenty eight or twenty thirty.
Speaker 5: Or twenty thirty You shut the hanging up.
Speaker 2: It could easily be twenty thirty.
Speaker 3: But it's just wild.
Speaker 5: I mean it's just wild again that we went from getting obliviated Skyrim on the same console to just we're talking about twenty thirty when the last one happened.
Speaker 6: But Mike Starfield would come up, I'd be like, I think it's a bad idea, and you'd be like, no, they.
Speaker 5: Need to try something missed me everybody. I was always like, they should not be making a starfill what is this. Everyone's like, hey, we need to do new things in the industry. It's great, Well, there you go. You got your fucking bad space version of Fallout and it was awful and looked like crap. And that's one of the reason why it s game is going to take so long, because it's gonna take them forever to either update their aging technology. Don't Actually it was supposed to be though, right. It was only because I have to assume so much energy had to go into the bs of randomly generating these planets, which I bet was technically impressive in some way but was not fun or interesting anyway, and then developing all of these systems like space combats and base building, all of which exists in absolute microcosms that don't interact with each other in any meaningful way whatsoever. They probably spent hundreds of maybe thousands of hours of manpower to create this thing where you get to make your own spaceship only so that I can complete a mandatory side mission and get a better one anyway, So I guess I'll just fucking use that. I'm sorry, Startfield's bad.
Speaker 4: You can tell Mike's getting real hot when he's like he does the thing where he looks off at the distance and he's talking with his hands.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: He's locking, he's blocking out the voices. He's apologizing.
Speaker 6: That makes sense anyway, Starfield see like a misstep. Yeah, it was a miss step.
Speaker 5: And I don't know how you rebound with older Scroll six because the expectations are going to be so ridiculously it's even a matter of just falling up Skyrim. It's a matter of now competing with what people like about like some of the big RPGs, like like boorders Gate or even you know, Witcher three and stuff like that, and trying to do that with what people are expecting production wise.
Speaker 6: Good luck.
Speaker 1: What is post Malone doing? You know, he didn't he tease it or is he he was just super jazzed about it. No Elder scroll six, Oh, I think.
Speaker 5: My post Malone have to do is it?
Speaker 2: I think he has jazzed.
Speaker 6: I think he did mention this as one of his games, but he was just involved in another game recently. He came up when I mentioned it mentioned in someone's like post Malone's game, and I can't remember what that game was. Anyway, Fans believe that a new Crash Team Racing game could be in the works. B Knox, the studio behind Crash Team Racing nitro Fueled, could be working on a new game in the series. This all emerged due to a new profile image that the company used, which featured Crash Bandicooting in his cart. But it's the Crash Bandicoot four model, which was not nitro Fueled. So people are like, oh, is this a new Crash Team Racing where they're going to use the new model for Crash Bandicoot. And I think that that's probably going to happen because that last game sold like ten million copies, and I think they're like, hey, maybe we should do another cart racing game featuring Crash especially since that team. I think it was B Knox that did that Crash Party Bash weird bad multiplayer game, kind of fun?
Speaker 5: Uh not crad No no, no, no, no no no, we're talking about very recent Remember they made a kind of like kind of a mobave that weird thing. Yeah, I mean as bad as if.
Speaker 2: It was a really poor choice.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, business wise, terrible decision.
Speaker 4: Oh maybe now, Like I mean, people really wanted to like Sonic Racing because they were disappointed by Mario Kart World, So maybe now is a good time for Crash Team Racing.
Speaker 3: I don't love people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, people, CTR is great.
Speaker 5: People loved the remaking and the remakes so very well, I believe. Yeah, so, I mean absolutely, why not do another one of those?
Speaker 6: It's just so I think it is happening because of those factors, like it sold well and that last Crash thing was mean to do. To be Knox, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Diddy Kong Racing, Chuck in the chat is right, Bring back Diddy Kong Racing. Give us an adventure mode with boss fights and a cart racer.
Speaker 3: Please, great, n.
Speaker 2: That's still not a race.
Speaker 6: He's down on there yet, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Did anyone check out the Kirby Air Ride demo.
Speaker 6: One weekend.
Speaker 4: I need a few more hours of directs before I dive in.
Speaker 5: What's happening here?
Speaker 4: You got to get your hours in.
Speaker 2: It's it's a licensing thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, So Crash Tam Racing probably happy happening. Uh, here's another game that's probably happening. EA remains committed. A BioWare blog says to dispel rumors and reassure fans about Mass Effect five and the fact that it is still coming. My gambo, who's basically in charge over there, especially in charge of that game, did an update on in seven day November seventh, which is the unofficial Mass Effect Holiday.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: They were like, hey, yeah, we're still really working on this, and everyone involved that is important to making sure that this will actually see the light of day is on board with this, and I still believe that. I also believe this is the last time that would be the case.
Speaker 4: I was the last BioWare game that was generally well received.
Speaker 5: It'd probably be a Mass Effect three was twenty the Inquisition. Inquisition was well received, was like a lot of places game of the year. Yeah, it kind of later got reconsidered to be, you know, a bit worse than that, but at the time, it was Rosie, but you know, since then it's just been you know, astronomical failures with Andromeda and Anthem and then like missing the mark with the Veil Guard, right, not a terrible right then.
Speaker 2: Didn't live up to hopes and expectations for sure.
Speaker 1: Right right.
Speaker 5: So I mean it definitely feels like Mass Effect five is do or die for Bar. It might be do and die anyways the place things are going. Uh, but they you know, they absolutely need this one hit, and boy that it's a tall ask to try to make one of these games these days with the amount of expectations and just how ravenous that fan base is. And they have a very specific idea in their mind. I'm sure of what they want the next Mass Effect, and.
Speaker 6: It's not like to be set up for like an obvious follow up, right because they have that dramata kind of poisoning the well a little bits. And I think they want to still respect Andromeda, so as the game is going to go back to the Milky Way and it takes place something like four hundred years after the original stuff, but it does seem like they want to tie it to those original games in some way. That's a tough needle to thread, so we'll see if they're able to pull it off.
Speaker 1: I love and respect every different group of fans for games, right, Silent Hill freaks, Kingdom Hearts freaks, whatever, the people that super excited about when it is November seventh every year for n seven day?
Speaker 3: Oh is that what it fucking is? Yes? Yeah? Such big nerds.
Speaker 1: Wow, and I'm sorry, it's just like what nerds?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Let's get janon in seven Hoodie. I think I think you should joined the crew.
Speaker 1: I thought those were really cool. Anyway, though, I tell you seven.
Speaker 5: The aesthetics and MASSIFCT they're great. There's there's a lot like about that franchise.
Speaker 3: I love Mass Effect. It's good.
Speaker 4: Eight out of ten series.
Speaker 2: Okay, what would you say about March tenth, Mario day, Jan That's fine, that's fun Mario for cool dudes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 3: Like May fifth, that's great. May fourth.
Speaker 5: The last of us days the worst, just like the day the pandemic happens.
Speaker 1: That's just terrible.
Speaker 5: The Lore people making their nine to eleven our day of celebration for the franchise doing that is they are the video? Yeah?
Speaker 3: He does that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I like Martin Luther king Day. That's great.
Speaker 5: Sure day like the math number March that's fun. It's fun.
Speaker 2: Then you can like have an excuse deep pie, I like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 6: Claire Obscars snubbed in Grammy Video Games Soundtrack nominations. Mike, just all right, buckle up, it's okay. The twenty twenty six Grammy nominations. Her bat Score soundtrack for video games includes Avatar, Frontiers of Pandora, Secrets of the Spires, DLC, Hell Divers two, Indiana Jones, and The Great Circle, Star Wars, Outlaws, Wild Card in, Pirate's Fortune, and Sword of the Seas.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's stop righting. So you're telling me they couldn't find like enough actual games that came out that they thought had pretty good soundjacks that they were doing just the deo seas stoopy soft license games just because, probably because all the fucking grant people are like, wow, I know what an Avatar and Star Wars is, Indiana Jones, I know that. And then somehow somehow Hell Divers to and Sore the Sea managed to sneak in there. What the hell is this bullshit? It's just it's nothing. It's not a serious category. It's this is my serious f now whatever they're doing.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: Now, of course Christopher ten won a Grammy before for Bobby Yet too, Mike, so they do they know it wasn't a video game category at the time he just won.
Speaker 5: It was not right, so that's why it was me. And then they're like, well, we got to look like we're not, you know, the old assholes that we are, so we'll have a video games soundtrack category. And it's fucking embarrassing. What the hell is it? You don't have clear up scure, Like somebody in there had to be like, well wait a moment, now you can't about clear up scure.
Speaker 6: I think Michael O'Leary kind of gets it here where it's like you be submits everything Sony submitted sort of the sea. Yeah, the people who like are responsible for this game didn't know you even needed to submit. Sure, I didn't know that was a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought it's just a nom or whatever.
Speaker 6: I'm sure submissions helps, but you probably can nominate anything, but I bet the submissions go a long way toward getting those things considered more than anything that wasn't submitted.
Speaker 1: For as much as I have my ambitions for Hollywood, and I just keep trying to plug stuff and just like, hey, put me in shit, I need Mike Minati to be in an episode of The Chair Come.
Speaker 4: But oh my god, that's that's the new Tim Robinson j Yeah should Daniel? Can you sound in the last one?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: I cackled very very loudly of that one. That's not Prestige TV. It's comedy, right or is it prestige comedy?
Speaker 4: It's comedy. It's a weird fucking comedy. Surreal isn't the right word. It's like dada. Yeah, yeah, it's one percent. Actually that is the best way to put it down.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: I imagine if Salvador Dolly made like also like a comedy.
Speaker 3: I think you should series.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure, okay to say what happened in the last one.
Speaker 1: Jan but you know, I know, I know, I don't want to spoil anything for anyone listening at home.
Speaker 3: I think the powers that be got back Lar. I don't know what happened. Yeah, he looks like.
Speaker 6: He was worried about. In a meeting recently, there was a man doing some of his electricity. He was worried about that opening up box maybe the guy came back and finished the job.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, anyway, I'm done with the news, so might hand the show back over to jam folks.
Speaker 3: We're gonna take a quick bricky break.
Speaker 1: We're gonna check in with Backlar to see if he fell into the Internet holes and if his Internet holes got wider. Uh, that's that's gonna be it. That's gonna be all that we talk about the with of holes on this program. Just band past this. Gosh, yeah, but it's going to be a different thing about his body.
Speaker 4: Why can't I forget everything, whether I went to or not and that one holes?
Speaker 3: It just sucks that I know that.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll see you right after this. These are the emails the show emails. Bombcasta giant bomb dot COM's email address to send your emails too. If you know where Jeff Backlar is, please email us at podcast at giant pop dot com.
Speaker 3: We don't know where he is, man take him.
Speaker 6: We have no War of the worlds could be happening in New Jersey, right, we would have no idea. Holy smokes, there's no way to find out. There's no way to check. We've we've checked all the proper places.
Speaker 5: The way to check is that Facebook?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, trying to get back online, he says.
Speaker 6: I don't know. That doesn't sound like him. I think the alien's already got him.
Speaker 5: Maybe the tripods wrote that.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, maybe it was uh.
Speaker 1: I was gonna try and work in War of the Worlds, but the ice Cube one. But I don't want to think about that movie again. That was this year, Holy Ship. That's every day?
Speaker 3: All right? Once again?
Speaker 1: BombCast John bomb dot com is email. Just send your emails to first email comes from Arthur Oho. I am conflicted. Do you seem like a bunch of guys who know what to do with an excess of game materials stored in boxes? Since I was a wee lad, I've collected and kept every Nintendo console and a wide collection of games.
Speaker 4: For each from send them to me, that's what you do with them?
Speaker 1: From the SNS onwards. I'm now in my thirties and I'm in possession of a collection that fills five large plastic boxes sequestered in the room I rent. The problem is I have very little free storage space, thanks terrible housing economy, and they're always a pain to transport every time I move thanks again. Terrible housing economy. As it stands, they're sitting idly in tubs, never being enjoyed due to my limited time and shelving. And it's started to feel silly.
Speaker 3: That being said.
Speaker 1: Does owning a copy of Duck Dodgers the Marvin Missions for SNS spark joy?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes it does.
Speaker 1: So here's a question. Do I go about selling or giving these to others to actually enjoy or continue to cling onto them and hope I will one day be able to enjoy the collection? Thanks for all you do. Thanks for all you have done and continue to do. Arthur from among the boxes.
Speaker 2: Get out of your system.
Speaker 3: Dan, go ahead, give me the games, give me, give me the game.
Speaker 5: Don't give them to Dan. He's guys, He's got plenty.
Speaker 4: Look I don't have any.
Speaker 5: He's not a private collection. My collection is behind me right there. You could see. Yeah, good, look at I'm displaying it right now.
Speaker 3: You Yeah, but I don't know. I could never.
Speaker 6: I can never put up some of your games for sale, and then if it begins to hurt, stop doing it and then find a way to keep it. But yeah, just try to reduce it some like start somewhere. There's got to be something that's not Duck Dodgers quality that you are, like, man, this one, this specific one, actually doesn't spark joy.
Speaker 5: Just reduce it. Try to get it down to four bends and go from there. It does suck that, Like, yeah, you don't have a way to display them. That's what makes it fun, even you're not playing them all the time. Like just walking into this room and the first thing I see is this wall of old video games.
Speaker 1: I like.
Speaker 5: It makes me happy, right, I like, I like that. So yeah, it's rough just seeing them in boxes like that, though.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 4: I just got a brand new AMBO display cabinet from Facebook Marketplace, and it's delightful. They're going to see themed it's a three by three grid and no, there's the Smash Brothers one, there's the animal cross saying, there's the Zelda looks great.
Speaker 1: Was it specifically made for Ambo's or.
Speaker 4: It's just like no, I looked for like two months and I had running searches for things that like I needed to be the right size for all these and I had measured out for this area by the fireplace, and it's perfect.
Speaker 6: You'll see, it's big enough for all the Ambo or select amebo all my amebo.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's the thing fucking twelve feet tall.
Speaker 4: No, No, it's got like you know, nine nine chambers or whatever.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 2: That's my favorite.
Speaker 6: Wa That's what I was going to go.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised Mike didn't make the joke first.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Next email comes from Mike from Loveland. Hello, crew of the good Ship Bomb Cast. You've almost done it. The episode is almost done. You guys crushed it. Insightful and entertaining. Another instant classic. What's your favorite post show snack?
Speaker 3: Love the show? Love you all, Mike from Loveland.
Speaker 4: I got two that I've been into most of this year. You got the Sargento Smart Breaks, which is one of the things that's like a little plastic tub and he pulled the top off. And the one I like is it's got wheat thins and then pepper jack cheese squares and cheddar chee squares and you make yourself little just snacky things. And the other ones is you got the Sobra things where it's a dual thing where you you pop it off and one chamber is the lot of chambers going on his little pretzel rings, and the other one is hummus, great, great little snack.
Speaker 1: Though, Oh I bet it is a good stack.
Speaker 3: I like that he's back, al, He's back, he's easy eating.
Speaker 5: What's that's the fund way he's eating right now? For this question?
Speaker 3: Was eating? And all right, I don't know what to do anymore. If you move to al a civilized state like Ohio in the blood Sugar, you could have just eaten. It's the street I live on, like, I don't know what I have to I don't know what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 5: We need to start campaigning your internet company? Do we need to like get a grass?
Speaker 3: Everyone one knows their bet.
Speaker 2: It's bad again?
Speaker 5: You look okay right now you can complained again for.
Speaker 3: The Audioptimum and yeah, it's just it's insane, uhazing in and out of time right now? You don't need the internet for his job.
Speaker 5: Have you tried? Have you tried putting all your stuff in the basement and says, see if it works better down there?
Speaker 3: Yes, it's the the level of I feel like I'm handcuffed in a way that like can you just have no options? And they're the worst company on earth?
Speaker 6: Have you like replaced your modem and all that stuff done?
Speaker 2: Okay, I had some jerk off here. Yes, should I that's your problem. You can't be doing with jerk offs.
Speaker 3: Didn't do shi. It was just like everything's fine. I was like, well, thank you, you fixed it.
Speaker 5: Your service is awful. Then it is frustrating, like I was having troubles for a bit and it's like there's nothing I can do. This is the this is the ip in this area. There aren't options. But you know what you're back now is the hiccup. It's great you ate a nie to answered the question.
Speaker 3: It's all the time. It's all the time, and it's been so bad lately, Like I don't know, can you do you do you own like a fiber digging contractor did your dad also do that?
Speaker 5: No, he's just he just only works with people.
Speaker 2: He just put into people.
Speaker 5: He suggested fiber for people, not for me though it's apparently bad for my crowns.
Speaker 3: Well you know it depends. Uh, back, Lara Wood.
Speaker 5: Do you like snacks?
Speaker 1: What's what's a good snack? Postpot snack?
Speaker 3: I like plantain chips. Oh yeah, like too. I like that. I like a big nut guy. Everyone knows that huge huge.
Speaker 5: Laughing. Well, grow up, dad, your head. Yeah, you look at the wall.
Speaker 6: Now you.
Speaker 3: Are we up to? Like emails?
Speaker 5: Is that where?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I took a break and everything.
Speaker 3: I love a lot. I love Japanese snacks. I love like all that stuff. Yeah, give me all that, you know, like melon candies, like milk melon candies. I just sesame candies, peanut. But of course dude.
Speaker 4: Turned me on to this thing. He brought me a packet of jersey of this boltok uh spicy ramen. It Oh yeah, fucking so hot. It is like I was my nose is running, I was fucking sneezing. It was like it was the good ship.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 4: It was quadro cheese bulltok ramen, so goddamn good.
Speaker 5: What is it called bulltok bulldock bulldock.
Speaker 4: Bulltoks gears of were gun that I it sounds like a space.
Speaker 6: Ghost bulldog bulldog chicken on it. That was gonna be my answers.
Speaker 2: It was ramen.
Speaker 6: I'm kind of getting nostalgic for ramen again, so I've been eating some instant ramen, but I can't do that often. I get sleepy after I eat ramen, which I think is a BADDI you think it's like, oh, you just had a salt bomb in your body.
Speaker 3: Go off.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, Ship, that's really good.
Speaker 3: It was crazy when Vinny ate all those nuggets, all the moisture in the room had lips puckered, and yeah, YouTube, Jan, good job, good work.
Speaker 5: I hate eating lunch before noon, so I always get lunch after the podcast, so I after this is usually starving and I will run straight to Subway and get my bullshittissery chicken sandwich or whatever.
Speaker 2: I just take a shot, right. Do you look in the mirror and shot a clock?
Speaker 1: No, I just have ISO voice recordings of each of you saying it and then which one and I played?
Speaker 5: Cool? Did I send you the picture? I found a buzzball and I took a picture. They forgot to send it to you. Jane that now.
Speaker 3: You've seen them, but it's a picture of me with them.
Speaker 5: And if I'm like, this reminds me of my friend Jan and his Did you find it like the venue or something like he went to a liquor store.
Speaker 6: Well, because that's not as exciting because that's that that's their's where they live.
Speaker 2: So you just saw one at the store and that Okay.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I like my friend Jan, and I'm going to take a picture with this buzzball for him in Japan.
Speaker 4: And I took a picture of a buzzball and I sent it to Jam being like, hey, just come to Japan, and Discord was fucked up. All was in Japan and it sent it like eight hundred times.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 3: It was great.
Speaker 6: They were like, I don't know what's going on your guys. We're like, it's more funny that you're upset about this because of course it bothers you.
Speaker 3: But yeah, oh this is a good picture. Yep.
Speaker 5: It's a biggie.
Speaker 1: It's a matches one wild. It matches with your shirt.
Speaker 5: You thank you good. That's my lily Bow shirt from the Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco. You could go there today, Jan, if you wanted to. I'll, you know what, I'll take a buzzball there. I don't have a dealer in time. It's kind of why that they call those grapes gone wild? Aren't we not like acknowledging girls gone wild anymore? That was all really bad, right? That was the.
Speaker 6: Busball company seems like a very CONSCIENTI.
Speaker 3: It's a woman owned company.
Speaker 4: All right, it is, Yes, so one of the most omnipresent commercials. Or maybe it's just because I just watched nothing but Wrestling on Comedy Central, but now from from nine pm to four am, it's I.
Speaker 6: That commercial probably fifty thousand times.
Speaker 4: I don't know, it was more than any other commercial.
Speaker 5: I think, did you guys get a lot of the Michael Flatley stuff too, like the River Dance the dance stuff I got a less so less. I see that a lot too, and a lot of.
Speaker 6: Like Shirley Temple best of things.
Speaker 3: I think we might have been watching different things.
Speaker 5: College commercials, Yeah, let's witch coffee commercials, Maxwell incest coffee commercials.
Speaker 3: They were like Super Bowl commercials.
Speaker 5: Seas it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like the brother comes home and the sister just seems like super into him, and everyone's like, this is an incest commercial.
Speaker 5: Yeah, their chemistry is not uh, sisterly and brotherly, it's it seems romantic and it's everyone was off put by. It's very funny.
Speaker 4: Oh buch of Insomniac with David tel which tended to have a lot of girls going gone, Girl's.
Speaker 6: Gone wild commer, Yes, it's yeah, yeah, yeah, or anything on E I watched a lot a lot of wild Entertainers of Byron Allen and E.
Speaker 4: Gone was wild on E with Brooke burn wild On.
Speaker 6: And I would watch that all the time, and that would have girls going because I was basically like the PG Girl's Gone Wild, wild On.
Speaker 1: I must have had a different host for wild on E because that Brooke Burke doesn't sound fu to me.
Speaker 5: You did?
Speaker 2: You know who that is?
Speaker 6: Is Steven Soderberg's wife, and she is, apparently under a pen name, the writer of that Logan Lucky movie.
Speaker 2: She wrote it, Stephen Soderbergh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and she was like Jules Asner, Jules Asner, Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's right.
Speaker 2: If it's wrong, whatever, yell at me. But I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 5: It's you know who Brooke Burke is, the sketcher slip on lady now. Yeah, man, there's a horal history of the Folgers, incest.
Speaker 6: Ad folders, my bad apologies given him stolen valor by Maxwell for incest commercial Wow.
Speaker 1: Our incest quota for the podcast.
Speaker 3: Way, We're like HBO, we can't get enough of it.
Speaker 5: We picked to sensitize my normal sex. Don't you know anymore?
Speaker 3: What are you got?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: We should just start selling bingo cards of the podcast on the store.
Speaker 2: And definitely yeah.
Speaker 6: And there square it's the Folgers incest commercials.
Speaker 1: Please please all right, Travis and Fargo writes in with five questions, I chose one of them, Travis asked, best.
Speaker 3: Video game merchant. It's got to be the Ari FOURD for me.
Speaker 1: I can't think of any top of my head.
Speaker 5: Dragon Quest four had a famous one who then starred and I think what was like the first Mystery Dungeon game actually started that dude. He's just some fat merchant guy. But I don't even remember his name, which is not a great case for him.
Speaker 6: But Ones Beatles from Zelda is great. The librarian and Symphony the Night is very good, Chuck that what was Yeah, this whole deal.
Speaker 4: The messenger have Like there's some gimmick with the liking the merchant and.
Speaker 5: That too funny. Maybe people either like him or really dislike him.
Speaker 3: The happy mass.
Speaker 5: Salesman is a great one for sure.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he's great.
Speaker 5: That's a good one. That's a top tier guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The way the librarians and talks like wow, like he was great, Yeah, Beatle.
Speaker 1: I guess they're not really merchants, But I like the Dwarves and God of War twenty eighteen.
Speaker 5: Oh injury and uh the other one injury and yeah Clo rock brock Brock. Yes, Smith is kind of like almost a separate category that we can talk about great video games.
Speaker 1: Smith's sure, sure, okay. Do you like the miouscular chef count as a merchant from like Monster Hunter the Captain because they're selling you food? I that's like again, that's like chefs. I mean, he does so food. But if you ask me what that, what's what that person?
Speaker 6: Job?
Speaker 3: Chief chef.
Speaker 5: Metal your solid for he just shows up and no one, no one else ever thinks about drabbon.
Speaker 2: You don't.
Speaker 4: No, He's got them to drinks soda and some cigarettes.
Speaker 5: Look just look at chat. Look how chat was popping off for lesson.
Speaker 4: Talking about drind What are you talking about it?
Speaker 5: One of them, but one of them did actually bring up drebven So that's more than I expected.
Speaker 6: So how do you guys feel about the word merchant as like an insult? It's like become one where like I remember like someone was trying to like insult Parasolla by calling them a positivity merchant, and I think about that a lot.
Speaker 2: That's like a very funny thing to say.
Speaker 3: I think I think George can be a stigma attached to merchant in at least.
Speaker 5: This is like a George Costanzra jerk store thing.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, feels close stretch.
Speaker 1: I'll let you have that one, Mike, thank you. Two more emails and then we'll get to super chats. Josh the Canadian and Cali writes in Hey, gang, how much time has to pass before you can throw away a birthday card? Currently going on two weeks? I want to get rid of them, but feel odd considering there were gifts and people that like me spent money on them. Anxiously undecided Josh the Canadian, Kelly, I think the rule.
Speaker 4: Is if there is a personalization, like there's a nice note in there that maybe hang on to it. I think if it's just like happy Birthday and the signature hey, you can toss it, then.
Speaker 5: Oh man, yeah, you're probably right. But guilt test compelled me to never throw away a greedy ever ever. Ever never, they're just in boxes somewhere. I do have like one dwar somewhere that is just full of them, because yeah, I do fool but I usually don't even do that. I do them for weddings, that's about it. If it's a birthday, it's like like I got you a present, I don't need to get you a card. Also, it's it's fine, so I don't. I don't really expect that many cards. Christmas cards are fun because you don't know you like usually you have to take a picture for them too. Write it's like, oh, I went to Hallmark and I got this car. That's one thing I like when like the families go and like we got a picture of ourselves and we're sending it to our friends and look at us. We're all on our red pajamas and there's a Christmas tree. I'm like, that's nice. I'll keep image.
Speaker 4: Just something people with kids do. Like, I've never known anyone that didn't have kids making Christmas cards.
Speaker 3: I did. No couples.
Speaker 2: Couples will do it. Yeah, yeah, couples and Mike Manatti, Yeah I did.
Speaker 1: It for Scout. I sent one out of a Scout last year.
Speaker 2: I really I'm sorry this reference in Chad Sam.
Speaker 6: It was like, you feel guilty enough to keep the birthday cards, but you didn't go to your grandma's funeral.
Speaker 5: See this is how misinformations friends. It was.
Speaker 6: Was on it was.
Speaker 5: It wasn't even like a great aunt or something, a great she was great.
Speaker 3: I like the grandma's story better. I'm gonna.
Speaker 7: Bad.
Speaker 3: I would have got my dad said out.
Speaker 5: And I didn't think he was playing forty chess with me, right, I just he wasn't. But a different family member must have been. No, no, whatever, it was fine, all right.
Speaker 2: Just a funny thing to say.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I I think you did the right thing, Mike. I'm on your side there, but I was on your side as well.
Speaker 2: But just a funny.
Speaker 5: Brothers brothers, so super believe I was wrong, but they think they know what they know what they think they know, they think they do.
Speaker 3: Also, I also dislike your aunt, so that's fine. Why why did we wind up on a video call with a j in a suit and he looked like a lawyer? That yeah, what happened.
Speaker 6: Was that one of those late night streams. Mike was like playing something and we all.
Speaker 4: Why we weren't on video.
Speaker 5: Right because he was he was still in his from the funeral getting.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, okay, right, right, okay, okay, all right. Last email of the Oh. I guess this is the problem with a show. You bring up a state or a town one time in passing, and then someone from that place will write in a passionate list of things about that place. We talked about Vermont for a life.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I want to learn about Vermont.
Speaker 5: This is why we wanted to hear more about Vermont. I asked for Vermont information.
Speaker 1: Well you got it because Nick from Vermont wrote in with a bunch of stuff. And now maybe they work for the Board of Tourism or whatever, because I'm now suddenly compelled to go to Vermont. All right, high Bombers, longtime first time congrats on gb going independent and a super successful bombathon. On the BombCast last week, you guys had said to reach out to hear about Vermont.
Speaker 3: I don't remember saying that.
Speaker 5: I get it.
Speaker 1: I grew up in northern New Jersey, but moved up to central Vermont right after Montpellier the capitol with my now wife four years ago. Here's a few things I've learned. It's great here for you like outdoor activities, hiking, skiing, just go off mountain biking, all great options and you're never far from.
Speaker 3: Any of it.
Speaker 1: People tend to think it must be so cold here, but honestly, on average it's about ten to twelve degrees cooler than where I grew up in New Jersey.
Speaker 3: In the winter, it is cold.
Speaker 5: This is pretty cold to me. That's cold.
Speaker 3: It's all right.
Speaker 1: I love Vermont go on usually about the same temperature in the summer, though for about three weeks less time.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Generally, national government leaders from Vermont tend to lean more Democrat slash of liberal. There are huge swaths of the state that are redneck trumpers, and frequently we end up with them in local government, including our own tiny town of about two thousand people. Unfortunately, similarly, in my experience in these areas, you'll find lots of folks walking around strapped for no reason, certainly not to my liking.
Speaker 5: Second gun.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's what they're saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's straps.
Speaker 3: We do have.
Speaker 5: Everyone faced the wall.
Speaker 3: Now, I mean any oh shit, sorry, any any fucking rural area. Come on, Like that's not exclusive.
Speaker 1: Yes, part like go ten minutes away from me and like parts of pacifica with a cool beach Taco bell will have people strapped up and strapped up to the other We do have a relatively large lgbtq I A plus population. Most of our friends in the area are queer, but unfortunately many of the programs and services available to them for support in the more rural areas have been closing down due to the Orange Turns cuts to government programs. We have had an increasing issue with unhoused people, especially after two years ago we were hit with a flooding that reached levels where entire towns needed to be rebuilt. Businesses have struggled, but coming back mostly mostly smaller, local mom and pop or local change all.
Speaker 5: Right outside the disc golf, I have not been hearing a lot of positives so far.
Speaker 1: To leave on a more positive note, gener fun fact is that it is illegal to put a billboards on any road or a highway in Vermont to preserve as much of the natural views and beauty as possible. Hey, Nick, maybe right in about maybe two three more things that are good about Nick.
Speaker 6: Lost Vermont's largest export snow weed micro electronics.
Speaker 4: They make the ben and Jerry's there right. I think, yeah, there's a Delaware. I feel like Vermont and Delaware.
Speaker 3: Definitely not Delaware. I think it's Vermont.
Speaker 1: Sorry for the long email, I just want to fill yell in. Thanks thanks guys, Love you Nick from Vermont.
Speaker 3: PS.
Speaker 1: Nolacona is from here. If you haven't heard of him, you should check out his music and I have so. Thank you Nick from Vermont. If any other Vermontonians is that the right Vermont is Vermont's Vermont? Uh out there? Have any quick facts about Vermont, please send them in because made me a little sad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Vermont is is dope. Just to be clear, I mean, I'm only exposed to like the skiing parts of it, but it's.
Speaker 2: Fun and can I be real? I when you said that Montpelier is the capital of Vermont, I don't know if I've ever.
Speaker 6: Heard that before.
Speaker 5: Really heard it in Laos song on Animaniacs.
Speaker 3: Vermont.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I've never been there. It's in a very north north central part of the state that I've just not been to. It's close to Burlington, though I think Burlington I've heard of. Yeah, the code factory, the code factory in the town.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Uh mister Minati, do we have any YouTube super chats with your shirt? Do?
Speaker 5: Big Fresh? Thirty sentence says which is more likely closing biowhere or selling by where I imagine closing? Uh what do you think.
Speaker 2: Who would they sell it to?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: At this point and he just kind of closes these things they think so right.
Speaker 4: I feel like recently wouldn't like Embracer was buying everything. Have they cooled off on that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yes, acquisition season has come to an end unless you're.
Speaker 5: Saudi Arabia, right, So it's like, yeah, who do you think the new owners would be?
Speaker 3: Is Embracer? Wait? Did Saudi own Embracer?
Speaker 6: Actually that was one of the the problems with Embracer that Saudi, the Saudi Arabian government was involved with them Bracer a little bit, but then they were gonna do another big two billion dollars infusion and Embracers like we're gonna keep things going, and then that fell through, and then since then Embracer has like been cutting and laying hop off and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: Okay, Sire Sketchewan says, ever heard of an old timey drink called beef fizz?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, I'm interested.
Speaker 6: I was like something you a threat you would say, like come meet me and Alley, I'll give you some of this beef fizz.
Speaker 4: I think that's the Center for Extra Life is Mike's gonna drink a bunch of beef fizz.
Speaker 5: It does. Oh my gosh, it's uh condensed beef broth, ginger ale and lemon juice. That could be that's what you like.
Speaker 6: That's what you give to the workers when you don't want them to have real meals so they can keep working.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's protein in that baby.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it just sounds very sounds upset cool stuff for boy says, I don't know why. I think that name is funny. I will signed up for a premium of grub. Him and Naughty's vow to start pronouncing Pokemon correctly instead of like boomers.
Speaker 4: All right, listen here, I think you just said it right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I sometimes I say Pokemon. I get excited.
Speaker 4: Wait, can we all try? Can we all go around the horn and give it earnest?
Speaker 6: Let me let me go first, cause I don't want you guys to influence because they want me to get right.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna try.
Speaker 6: Sean did teach me recently, And when he said that, he's like, I also know that you don't care, and I like that.
Speaker 2: He's like, no change, but Pokemon.
Speaker 4: All right, I'll go Pokemon, Come on, Pokemon, Pokemon, Mike, okay, Pokemon.
Speaker 5: Uh look, I don't hear I was on the ground floor this whole Pokemon sitch. At least, you know, if America is concerned.
Speaker 1: Nailed it a little because a little accent over the EU is it to hear the themes?
Speaker 5: Sorry, Pokemon got to catch Jim right.
Speaker 2: The accident means the sounds like an I'm not gonna I'm not gonna.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna be called a Pokemon boomer. I was there, I was there at the start. I was there. I went to fucking in the past.
Speaker 2: Is not an argument against being a boomer.
Speaker 5: That I'm discerned that they're trying to quickly fight the parants like my son's in the Pokey.
Speaker 6: Man, and no, I will not I will not saying that instead.
Speaker 5: You're right br tearsys reminder that Dan wanted to use the Rascal Castle music playing NonStop and the extra life noubsful man. I don't remember.
Speaker 3: I don't even write that down. I got a doc.
Speaker 5: Yeah, great, great, thanks for that one.
Speaker 4: I know if the music in that game was atrocious, it could also play in the sauna all the time.
Speaker 6: It could do that.
Speaker 5: I want to be clear about this. If I'm not feeling on the sauna, I'm not gonna like, I'm not gonna.
Speaker 4: Brave it out money off the kids, families.
Speaker 5: Instead of dying.
Speaker 6: Yet he's right, week, warlocks Gaming says, have and what what what what? Just like those aren't the two options? Feeling a little like not great?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 5: You fucking god? You just because you will put yourself in bodily hard because it's not gonna kill me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, music, I'm adding it to the doc.
Speaker 2: I guess you're I don't know until something does.
Speaker 5: You're right, Yeah, warlocks Gaming says, have any of you seen the New tron f Jared Letto? But it's the best trauma movie. I did see it. It's not the best movie. It's probably the worst draw movie. But I actually did not mind it. It's fine. It was not a bad movie at all. Certainly was a weird movie. Wasn't the right movie to make, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: I mean, but you're such a Jared lettohead that that.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, uh antoyo mohere else says, what game do you guys bust out for a get together? We're both gamers and non gamers. Is the only option jackbox or is there anything else out there? Jack box is always the best object, like five options, and they can just people just use their phones. Everyone's got one of those, right, So it's just it's so much better. You could do it like the Lego party. Now might be fun Riftracks.
Speaker 6: Game, which is very similar, but you know that's one thing where the jackbox games are right fifty than you know.
Speaker 5: Rock band used to be the thing, right everybody would have to phone with rock Band.
Speaker 1: May I suggest a good old card game called Flip seven.
Speaker 5: Where you.
Speaker 1: I don't want to explain it because I'm just gonna get too amped in jazz. It's very cheap, it's you could get out of target. It's kind of like twenty one. You're flipping over cards, but if you get the same cards, you bust and Jesus Christ, it does not help with my people's perception of me of having a gambling problem.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 5: Let's see here now, snore relaxing, Say's fun fact. Since g T five came out five nights at Fridday's debuted and has released eleven games and a feature film in theaters. Jesus a Lot can happen in thirty five years. Yeah, and then Breezy Caesar says how many subs for a day planned by Dan? And no one can say no?
Speaker 3: Yeah, right ideas?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know you would. I know you'd have some ideas for sure. It would just be be someone safe. I would know.
Speaker 4: I want to be like the fun safe jigsaw.
Speaker 1: That don't have the jigsaw part to it. I don't have the jigsaw.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know you think you would be, but you just you just don't. You don't know what's safe, and that's not no one gets actually hurt. Whose ideas are those where you get hurt?
Speaker 3: Kisses? Huh?
Speaker 4: I was thinking about them.
Speaker 5: It's it's true.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 4: Nothing I do is I'm safe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I pass out on your fucking dry air sauna dying to fujiin. I hat to bring like an extra pair of clothes now for this little shit like.
Speaker 4: We are all going to die, and you know that'd be a funny one.
Speaker 5: Your arm?
Speaker 3: All right? All right? Is that it for super chats? Mikey?
Speaker 5: That looks like that's it for super chats?
Speaker 3: Thank you so much?
Speaker 5: Everybody?
Speaker 1: All right, all right, what do we got going on the rest of this week game. This morning's popping off Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, correct Grub. That's right, A new season of blight Club. The Blightening Round starts tomorrow. Is Grubs turn at bat Grub. Initial feelings going into this new season, Uh.
Speaker 2: Steph likes to look and she laughed and had some awareness of it.
Speaker 6: But that couldn't be COO mean anything.
Speaker 4: So I also the look. I think, Mike, we found a good one.
Speaker 2: The costume it's right there.
Speaker 5: I don't know what it is, so and a slight tease. But we have already also picked Dan's game, even though he goes last. So we're set on that, and we think the whole blatting round is ready to go. Yeah, who knows how long it's gonna take. Why not take long? And it'll be funny If Jeff's game is all secretly like a four episode, that.
Speaker 2: Would be funny.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: We looked into it, and like we did, look at some that were like this could go a little longer. This one seems legitimately short, okay, like possibly one episode shouts out.
Speaker 1: To our short kings out there, all right, voicemail dump truck popping off on Thursday and then Friday, we're gonna have unprofessional Fridays. We're gonna do cod blops.
Speaker 2: Wait, what's my console? I can know my console?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: Or okay, here, make sure you it's a weird one, because I wonder if that's gonna narrow it down too much. I mean, tell you what, tell you what grub get your retro archs going, make sure to leave it up and make sure you have the cores for let's just say Nintendo, Sega, Sony consoles.
Speaker 6: Including handhelds yep, and cluding handhelds. Okay, down, maybe just handhelds. Okay, all right, all right, I'll get.
Speaker 1: All right, okay, I think of that about does anyone else got anything else?
Speaker 3: They want to shout out?
Speaker 1: What's again? This Saturday? Extra life at Dance. I'm gonna be popping off generally around twelve Central time?
Speaker 3: Correct, Yeah? I think yeah.
Speaker 4: We'll get some lunch. I think we get some taco bell for lunch. We eat before the stream to kind of hype up, and then we'll eat the bajab Last pie. Yeah, yeah, we'll eat the pie to start the stream. There we go, and then we were gonna fucking turbo crust the place up for the Lego Party.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm so excited to play Lego Party. I understand why, why why I had to get preempty when when vine Now showed up. But I wanted to play Lego Party, and I'm excited.
Speaker 1: I was there with you, Mike, and then I'm sad that I won't be there. But once again, also shouts out to everyone that has joined Team Giant Bomb for extra life this year. A lot of y'all were streaming last weekend. Shouts out against Anthony Thomas for raising.
Speaker 3: A bunch of money.
Speaker 1: Also shouts out to our friends at main Gear may gear dot com slash gihn bomb. Go get yourself a PC. Don't buy Mike's face plate. Don't do it, don't do it, don't do it, don't do it.
Speaker 5: Oh this is a reverse psychology.
Speaker 1: No no, I'm just I'm just traighted telling them.
Speaker 3: Don't do it. Don't do it.
Speaker 5: It's fine, like pie, don't do it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, God, I just want to jump in now.
Speaker 5: Chuck still needs help with the wiki.
Speaker 1: Wikia BombCast dot com slash wiki you can get some more info. Also, if you were in the Giant Bomb discord, go look for the wiki Street Team channel help chuckster out. Sorry I forgot. He doesn't like being called that help chuck out. Also special special special shouts out to Deeco Deals, Good Deals dot Com, SA the Double D.
Speaker 3: Go make a list, go save your money on some games. There is a cat? Is that a cat back there? That's that's a boss. And that about it, and that about does it. For another episode h.
Speaker 1: The podcast, Hey eleven eleven, go make a wish or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We'll see you next week for another episode of the Giant BombCast. He's been Jeff, He's been Jeff. He's been like he's been Dan. You at home have been coachious. I've the jan We'll see you next week for another episode of the Giant Podcast.
Speaker 3: Good look at that
Speaker 1: Point Old Today, I'm gonna get into yo Yo's Yeah yeah, walking un Eiffel Tower.