Speaker 1: It was good boy, yd what what's good?
Speaker 2: Everybody?
Speaker 1: This is what's good? This glow really and you're checking out the Cruise Show podcast. Make sure to subscribe rate sure, Liz.
Speaker 2: Go your screw show.
Speaker 3: Real Naty two three LA is new home for hip hopes.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 1: So cool to be here, guys. Thank you for having me at your show.
Speaker 2: It's a big deal, man, Thank you for being here.
Speaker 1: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: You're celebrating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there we go, Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 2: Love the bottle. I love the way it feels the texture of the bottle. That's important.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Actually it's designed like that so that you don't drop it. Yeah, so that it's hard grip. Yeah, it's got a grip. Got a grip.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's cool now yeah, because it's painful when you drop a brand new bottle.
Speaker 2: No, no, it really is.
Speaker 3: All of the crew are like you again, get them out of here. Yes, yes, bottle and you haven't even had a shot yet. Come on, exactly, man, it's cool to keep after when you're done.
Speaker 2: It's just cool to keep.
Speaker 1: It feels like and even like the I don't know if you notice the cap is a shot. It's a shot last Yeah, So it's a shot glass and you use it like on the go. Yeah, it's all good, very useful.
Speaker 3: Very Mexican of him, by the way, to make everything useful. Yes, exactly, nothing goes to waste, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Many people have sent me photos that they use it as a like as a flower, a vase, whatever.
Speaker 4: Say, you could reuse it for anything.
Speaker 3: You can put spices in there, and it's just kind of you know, it's all good hot sauce.
Speaker 4: Mexican moms they usually use it for like oil or something. You could put an oil in there.
Speaker 3: A beautiful bottle, and it's great tasting as well. Congratulations.
Speaker 1: So it's a it's this is tequila pretty much, but it's a tequila liquor, which is a spicy tamarindo. So pretty much it's like a little spicy, I mean not really hot, but spicy. It's a sweet, it's fruity. It's truly delicious. It's like a taste that we Mexicans have like our whole lives, you know. Like, so that's yeah, we're really excited about it, and the people here in the US are really receiving it. Well at first we were like, I don't know, will they like it will people like it, but no, no, it's been truly a hit and we're excited about it.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the US loves it so much that you're making even shooters because white people love shooters.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, and this is only in the US. Like in Mexico, we don't have the shooters exactly. Nobody hearing it.
Speaker 4: Filipinos love this drink too, man, really, there we knock back the whole bottle.
Speaker 1: Filipinos eat spicy food. Yeah, oh, there we go. Yeah, we have a lot of similar there we go. Yeah. Yeah, they also have like Mexican last names too. It's crazy, I know that something. Some words we share them, not like like yeah yeah right, yeah, right, we we share some words. I've never been to Philippines, but hopefully someday, yeah hopefully. Yeah.
Speaker 3: What's the You know, you you've traveled everywhere, right, and you're taking Ramalo with you. Right, where's the best place you've been to, a place that you can look back to and think back. I'd love to go there, even without a camera and just go enjoy myself.
Speaker 1: I mean the like, one of the most epic grand mallow shots that I had, it was in this place in Chile in the in the Chilean Patagonia. It's called the Towers of Piney.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: So it's like a hike, really hard hike, maybe like seven hours, six hours, and it's you know, likenweed. It's really cold, and when we got to the top it was like so cool. We brought a grand mellow. We did some shots there and it was like truly beautiful. That's one of the most epic ones that I've had a grand mallow at all.
Speaker 2: Yeaheah it.
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm not qualified to to climb Mount Everest, but maybe someday maybe something, right, Yeah, we'll get maybe some day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've been everywhere, man, You've been all around the world, right, Yeah, we're some like some places that you wish to go to that you haven't been to, like that I haven't been to.
Speaker 1: I mean, I have Australia on my list. I haven't been to, like actually any of the Oceanian countries. I don't know any So I do want to have like an adventure there and get bitten by a spider or whatever, you know, whatever Australian thing.
Speaker 2: What we were talking about the other day, the spiders are the size of my face.
Speaker 1: I know. Yeah, No, I'd love to see that, and I don't know see Kangaroo's koalas. Yeah, like Australia is one of my next ones that I'm really excited about.
Speaker 2: There you go. Yeah, what about North Korea? Would you go to North Korea?
Speaker 1: I would go, To be honest, I would go. I haven't been yet, but I would like to go, like someday. But just if they assure me, like the right connections, right, because you never know what's gonna happen there. You hear a lot of horror stories, so you never know. But I'll make sure to talk to people in the embassy or whatever that can assure my safety. That's all I'm asking.
Speaker 2: So they have rules, they have rules we must respect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. I respect the rule of Korea.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. Sure, there's really nice people in Korea or in North Korea, and we just have.
Speaker 1: To go with respect, right, Yes, exactly, Like I will respect, I will maintain neutral, but I would like to go like eventually for sure.
Speaker 2: No, that's right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: How about the other meme one hundred men versus one gorilla? You are you down to be part of one of those hundred men?
Speaker 1: I didn't know about this memes.
Speaker 3: So they're saying one hundred men versus one gorilla, who would win off?
Speaker 1: But men's without weapons? Yes, yes, I would say the gorilla.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, should get a whole case.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like what we have in our advantages that we're smart and the technology and whatever, but when it comes to strength, I mean they were realized, Yeah we need weapons, yeah, yeah, we need weapons, we need technology, Yeah, we need robots.
Speaker 3: Yes yes man, so yo, you or one percent all in with grand Mallow, right, so exactly down to the taste, the bottle, the shock class, you're all in.
Speaker 2: This is this is your creation, I me.
Speaker 1: And my team of course. Yeah yeah, and and yeah, we're very excited about sharing it in the US. At first, as I said, we were a little bit skeptical, but so last year we only sold it in Soco region, right like South California, and we were truly amazed by the results. Like let's say, in Mexico, we sell we sold in twenty twenty four a number of bottles, right, so half of that number was sold in Soco. Wow wow yeah yeah, and that's when we said, oh no, like this is truly a big market. Go and this year we decided that's what exactly, Yes.
Speaker 4: Exactly, I'm telling you we can't. I can't go to a family party without there being a bottle of grandmolow. No way, I promised you. Like my cousins, whether it's my cousin, myself or any of my aunts or my uncles, they pull up with a grandmolowoll.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a very cool company telling this twenty one. Yeah, yeah, choice too.
Speaker 2: Oh that's awesome, man.
Speaker 1: And it's magical that grand mallow. I mean we can be in special moments of you know, family gatherings. H I'm turning twenty one or eighteen or whichever country you live in. I'm drinking. I'm drinking grand mallow.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's very magical to be a part of the families in this.
Speaker 3: Magical is the word. It's very magical to be part of tradition, yes, right in coming of age? Yes, now, how what about the design and the name?
Speaker 2: Talk to so the how did we come back?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the grand Mallow. We came up with it first because it was an available name. Every time that you yeah, yeah, it's a good start. Yeah, Like whenever you start a business. That's one of the hard parts like finding a name that is available because everything is taken everything, and then there's these companies that like register like thirty brands that they don't use, but then they're off the market, you know, or so by them, how you have to buy them, pay good money. So we have the brandy was available. Then we thought to ourselves like, oh, it's catchy. And to be honest, at first we even thought about like what if we some days we some day we want to export. So we were like, okay, this is easy to pronounce, you know, grand mallow like a it's easy to pronounce. It sounds good. And from there, the characters we base them off like lotteria carts, you know, like the Mexican bingo. That's how I described it. So instead of numbers, we have characters. So there's always Adlito the devil and Lamuerte the death. So those are our two main characters, right and from there the color base. It was also like a whole debate. And then the taste how it came up. It was that so we were seeing that many beverages were booming because they were putting flavor on them, and beverages that you wouldn't expect in Mexico, for example, whiskey, there was a whiskey that was flavored that was selling like like crazy. Then there was a vodka that had flavor that was selling good. And Mexicans really don't consume a lot of whiskey nor vodka. So we said, like, let's do a tequila because Mexicans we drink tequila, and let's put a flavor on it. And I think that's what it has gotten us, like good results.
Speaker 2: That it's it tastes good.
Speaker 1: Tamarin is the flavor exactly, So that's what we're Yeah, I think that's part of the success.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's such a Mexican flavor tomar.
Speaker 1: Isn't it. Yeah, I mean, uh, flavor wise, I mean in Mexico, we we've experienced with some other flavors, but for now, our strong one and the one that everybody loves is tamarind, and it's the one that we're bringing to the US. So uh so, yeah, for now, for the next year, is only tamarind.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Sure.
Speaker 3: You know, you've learned so much about different cultures and different people, right, what have you learned from tequila?
Speaker 1: From tequila, I mean, I've learned that it's such a beautiful industry. That very fortunate that the Mexican authorities, like many years go, they they took it out like upon themselves to make it even illegal to have tequila named tequila outside of the tequila approved regions of Mexico. So that is really cool. Like when you go to the fields and you go with the people that are actually producing the beverage, that's so cool to see, like how it's a culture, how they respected, how there's procedures that have been going on for decades you know that don't change. So that's like really really cool. And this one we produce it in the region of Los Altos Galisko that it's one of the tequila regions of Mexico. So yeah, it's like legit, legit. Yeah, like tequila in the era, like when you make let's say tequila that is not approved by the tequila regions, you can call it the stillado. The agab a gaby is anym of the plants, so like a gaby distillery or whatever. But this one, of course it's tequila and yeah, yeah, so and very grateful to work with the families that make it happen.
Speaker 2: It's got a little spice in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like the recipe there is that we take the tequila blanco, like the white tequila, the pure one before it's even going through the process, and filtered before filtered, Yeah, that's the word filtered. So it's a strong, strong alcohol. And from there we delude delue it. That's the word. Huh. And we mix it with tamarind and with a chili named Pekin that it's like a small chili, like a little bowl, super spicy, super spicy. But of course it's in a very low, you know, quantity, and that's what gives it that like special spice. Of course, a lot of sugar. Yeah, I mean that's part of the taste. And yeah, that's what gives it like this, what's the word especial?
Speaker 2: Describe it? Describe it like.
Speaker 1: A creamy texture texture, not creamy, not liquid, but not hard. What's the like a paste thickness? Yeah, like the thickness that's what gives it, the thickness, you know. And uh the espiso is the word in Spanish, and uh. And the flavor and everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, good stuff, man.
Speaker 1: Good stuff, no doubt.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I mean whoever wants to drink it at home at a party, whatever it has to be really cold like that. That's how I would advise freezer. Yes, freezer. It doesn't freeze because it's sixty proof so it doesn't freeze. And yeah, it's yeah. Busy on your shots, I mean.
Speaker 2: Have fun, yes, party respons.
Speaker 1: So yeah, like like really frozen. I would say, like a really cold and straight out of like a shot. Some people like to mix it like in cocktails. Me personally, shot, I would straight maybe ice maybe ice, yeah, but yeah, like straight flavor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I put it in my coffee.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess you can love. Yeah, I guess you can. If you want that extra kick, it's gonna be a little spicy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: There we go, There we go.
Speaker 4: No, I just I'm really fan. And I think a lot of people really resonate with Grandmallow because they see that you're behind it. They know that, like, you know, it's not somebody, it's not an outsider who's just creating another tequila brand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so like.
Speaker 4: Exactly, so you know, like people will will and do support it, and I love that and I'm very.
Speaker 1: Like, cry, thank you so much. And to be honest, one of the things that I'm most proud about is that, for example, here in the US, I'm not really a known name, like maybe in the Hispanic community very little. Nonetheless, it's been so successful and many people that have tried it before and then I meet them, they're like, oh, like this is like your brand, Like it's not even important. Like maybe I was very important with the brand diffusion, like at the beginning, you know, like maybe the first two years. But from there the brand has really taken like its own life, its own fan base, And you're like so proud about that. Yeah, I'm very happy about that.
Speaker 2: Very cool.
Speaker 3: How do you find balance with your career on YouTube and now this this business, the tequila business?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The balance is there? Balance yet? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Of course. I mean me personally, I've always been like a hustler, you know, I've always liked the you know, like the business entrepreneurship, and I'm involved in any businesses and whatever. And what I've learned throughout the years is the importance of delegating, you know, like delegating responsibilities, giving you know, like jobs to people like, Hey, I know that I'm not a good administrator or whatever, so you are the boss in this, go for it. You know. Me, I have no idea about alcohol taxes. But you know who does you? You know, so you sort of like, yeah, delegate these responsibilities. And I think that's smart.
Speaker 2: No, the smartest person doesn't know everything.
Speaker 1: Of course. I always describe it as, you know, master of nothing, apprentice of everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yese, done that.
Speaker 3: Sure, if somebody wants to buy the merchant and and and a bottle or two online, they can do so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. I mean right now the bottle it's available in like a lot of liquor stores supermarkets. Yeah, yeah, like pretty much. So yeah, like I don't know, just to give you some examples, uh Vajarata and Trader Joe's and uh North Gate and uh blah blah blah blah, and like liquor stores, Bob's liquor store. I mean, you go to Michael's liquor store in the corner and he might have it, you know. So we're really excited about it. We partner up with a distribution company here. They are truly like the big dogs. So we're so excited about that. And now like we are starting to put it in uh so now it's all California, Colorado and New Mexico, Texas, Illinois, Nevada, and Arizona. Maybe I'm missing one, but that's like our first strategy for this year, and we'll see next year how it goes. We will see, we'll see.
Speaker 2: Man listen, nothing but the best.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you so much, Man, thank.
Speaker 2: You Loud of It and you have our support, Grand Model.
Speaker 1: Thank you real nty two three, let's go. Yes, Hey checking Rich for with the Cruse Show.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to the Cruise Show podcast. To make sure to subscribe, and hey auto download so you don't.
Speaker 1: Miss an episode.
Speaker 4: So so so so