Speaker 1: The views expressed in the following program are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Saga nine sixty Am or its management.
Speaker 2: It's a Wednesday, and you know what that means.
Speaker 3: Ringside Heat is on the air in news SOK Saga nine sixty am, and we are days away from WrestleMania.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen. My name is Lex Tan.
Speaker 3: Host, the producer of the show, and you can follow me at xtan Media. You can follow the show at Ringside Heat on social media, and of course, as always joined with me. But Walking Wounded today is our wrestling memorabilia collector and TNA Impact Wrestling Expert and yeah, TNA and Impact Wrestling because that's what it used to be called before wrestling experts. Chico nu get At Cocoa collects, so we can follow him.
Speaker 2: And how many days do we have left before wrest.
Speaker 4: We have as of broadcast time, we have three days left till WrestleMania Saturday.
Speaker 3: WrestleMania Saturday, that is correct, three days. My gosh, it's I don't know from I don't know what it is, Chico, But for some reason, I feel like this WrestleMania season has actually gone a little bit slower than other WrestleMania seasons I've experienced in the recent past.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, slow is one word for it. Another word is, oh, hold on, what's this? Who's contacting me mysteriously on my phone on the side here? Uh hmm, yeah, no, okay, Yeah, So that phone call storyline with Randy Orton was it turned out to be a left turn that nobody anticipated and some would say pointless.
Speaker 2: It's being ripped apart everywhere online. I'm sure it is. Yet, Yeah, this road is and bumpy, to say the least.
Speaker 3: Mmm, it's and it's like it's it's it is a frustrating thing in that sort of sense because it's like this storyline with Randy Yorton and Cody Rhodes could have been just just just just great.
Speaker 2: It could have been it could have been great.
Speaker 3: It could have been something that you know, could stand at test of time if they had just stuck to the idea of you know, this is the legacy, this is who they could the history between them as opposed to you know, uh again.
Speaker 2: One more time, and I'll say this because I love saying this on the area it.
Speaker 3: Was me.
Speaker 4: Yikes, So I mean they could have kept it simpler. I think is the be all and all of that that issue with the main event of Night one, mm hmm, I think they could have just yeah, focused on Orton and Rhodes and how you know, they even kind of strayed far from the whole there is more than one Royal Family pro Wrestling or whatever, because Randy did taunt Cody with that and then they did like a weird left turn and brought in Pat McAfee. I mean, I know Ari Emmanuel is his agent and also the CEO of TKO, but yeah, ah ma, like it's just okay. Like I've said, we discussed this at length last week at Nauseum. Even there have been some good promos that have resulted from it. But I mean I say that, and still if you kind of take a bigger picture look at it, it still doesn't really make much sense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's it's tough because it's I think we've been spoiled, honestly on one end. Yes, the writing in this and the creative in this could be so much better because it could be simple.
Speaker 3: And now that's something that we'll get into a little bit later. CM Punk and Roman reigns because that's simple and has been working.
Speaker 2: For quite a bit.
Speaker 3: But but there's some issues as well too with that. But it's like it's it's like, yeah, it's there's I think on one end, we've been so spoiled over the last four years or from or at least from twenty twenty all the way up to twenty twenty four to twenty twenty five, that the Bloodline story again is has been the best story that has ever come out of professional wrestling. And I agree with that, and it's not even close. I mean, like, you know, you have your simple stories. As I keep mentioning, I love going back to it because it is still one of my favorite FEUs ever, still called Steve Austin's versus the Rock WrestleMania X seven. You have the WWF Championship and I want it. That's it, that's all, that's all it is. And but then when you have but then when you can play a pair of that to the way that they've worked in the Bloodline and then thanks to the pandemic and all that sort of stuff to work weave in things that you wouldn't have necessarily weaved into you in a regular wrestling storyline if you had like fans in the crowd and you didn't and you had to rely on things happening live in front of the crowd. Uh, there's a lot of things that couldn't happen in that sort of sense. But the continuity, the character development, when the crowd was able to come back, you had, you know, you had the ability to play with the crowd and to improv with the crowd. Uh and and and uh, you know, you you'd have you know, main event, jay Uso trying to keep a straight face and then Roman Reign's coming right out and say, hey, buddy, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna make you.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I'm gonna test, I'm gonna test you even more. I'm gonna see if and see if you go crack. And you know, you had great moments like that. And then when the actual storyline, scripted moments actually did happen, and.
Speaker 2: It was, it hit differently and it hit so much better.
Speaker 3: And and so I think in that sort of sense, they were they they tried to put more complexity and more and more nuanced to a story that didn't need that.
Speaker 4: You went in so many directions just now that I don't even know how we're gonna get back to WrestleMania forty two.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Well that's that's what I tried to say, is that like the wrestling, that storyline, that a storyline between Randy Orton, as you said, could have been beeen Randy Orton and all that basically simpler.
Speaker 4: Basically your point is much like the build for this Orton and uh Roads thing.
Speaker 3: Just keep it simple, yeah, exactly exactly. Look look what I just did. I went and went through a whole different muddled things exactly, and all it all needed was a simple thing that you just said in the in the beginning of that before I made that rant.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 4: See everybody, listeners, everyone, see what happens when you overcomplicate things, you put too many words in there.
Speaker 2: You know, it just becomes too much and you lose the essence of the point.
Speaker 4: Also, all of that bloodline stuff, I mean it kind of added on the debut of Raw on Netflix, Wink Wagnarde Mudge, Nobody's Falter or anything like that.
Speaker 3: So for those of you who for those of you who do not have the benefit of flash photography or video, because I haven't put this on YouTube, the Chico is currently showing off his WrestleMania Sunday from WrestleMania forty Rock action figure with the Mama Roads belt and the exact attire that The Rock War or at least the or at least the attire that The Rock War in micro form, plus John Cena in his WrestleMania forty Sunday at Tire as well before he got rock bottom by the Final Boss.
Speaker 4: Yes, and so it brings us to this year. Speaking of he who cannot be seen, he will be back already so soon as the host of WrestleMania, John Cena.
Speaker 3: Is well, I mean, hey, you know, as I said, as this, as this episode is entitled, I'm sure it'll all work out at WrestleMania. And John Cena has an uncanny way of making things work out even when even when a lot of things seem to.
Speaker 2: Work against his favor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean we could run down the card for WrestleMania Saturday and Sunday. This is, after all, our go home show for WrestleMania, which may have a better time at this than I did at Monday Night Raw.
Speaker 2: Uh huh yeah, yeah, yeah, Monday Night Raw.
Speaker 3: I mean well, I mean WrestleMania Saturday includes in terms of the seven matches that have been announced so far. Uh and thank god it's only gonna be seven matches at least, or at least if they keep the match limit before the match numbers under ten. I'm okay with that because you know, ae W. They had their own thing on Sunday night, just this past Sunday night, aw Dynasty from Vancouver's Rogers Arena, the former GM Place, the site of the Sidney Crosby gold Golden Goal back in the day.
Speaker 2: And either way we have that. We could talk about that a little bit later.
Speaker 3: But WrestleMania Saturday, it's the vision logan Paul and Austin theory and I show speed with Paul him in ringside versus main event, Jay Lusso, Big Jim Jimmy u So n l A night Yeah, and a six man tag match, just a grudge match and everything. And by the way, for those of you who want to for those of you who may want to see on my social media, I will be costplaying manil.
Speaker 2: A night as well too.
Speaker 3: So I've got I've got the glasses, I've got the vest, I've got the yellow shirt shoes of a champion as well. Jacob Potzu versus Drew McIntyre and an unsanctioned match. Stephanie Vaquier putting up the Women's World Championship against Liv Morgan by the way that I call don't get me wrong, good on Liv for putting that music video together and this and and she's got dancing skills and everything, and she's got you know, uh and and and she does have a presence on the on camera that's undeniable. At the same time, it feels I listened to that song and it's felt like it felt like Britney spears toxic from.
Speaker 4: I guess so, I mean, the rumor is that's going to be her new theme song moving forward.
Speaker 3: I don't know how I feel about that, but sure, I guess I know how I feel about that.
Speaker 2: And A J.
Speaker 3: Lee is putting up the championship, the Continental Championship on the line. A gets Becky Lynn Uh, the Irresistible Forces, Naya Jackson, Lash Legend Uh put up there WWE Women's Tag Team Championship versus Uh The Best Friend of Me, Charlotte Flair and Alexa Bliss, Uh Bailey and Lyra Valkyria, as well as the Bella Twins breed Bella and Nikki Bella.
Speaker 2: Uh. I think this is this the first time they'll be wrestling together? Uh?
Speaker 3: In that like first of for sure WrestleMania. But is this the first time they're wrestling together in WWE in years?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: But they may have already had a tag team match or two on Raw SmackDown since they returned.
Speaker 3: Mm. But but honestly, as much as they didn't care about the Bellet Twins back in the day, I'm actually just for the nostalgia factor and just for the fact that, like, my god, the Bellot twins are in there again.
Speaker 2: Oh they look good man. Although they do.
Speaker 3: And they they do and everything and and and and I think I said this before that Nicky seems to have, like, you know, really committed herself to stepping up her game.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh, the speaking of Nikki there, I'm not sure if I'm hearing this correctly or recalling this correctly. And there may be possibility that Nicky won't be cleared in time for Mania, in which case they may end up replacing the Bella Twins with the Kabooki Warriors. That that would not be I mean, they would fit in just fine. Oh yeah, I mean that's I mean Kobookie Warriors. I mean they's fun to watch and everything, and uh uh and and and and and uh yeah, they're all equals in the ring, all all these women as well too.
Speaker 3: So it's just the sure, it's just it'll be a good match. Nonetheless, I don't know how long they're gonna have as in the match, but sure it's gonna be. I'm pretty sure they'll make the best of the time that they're going to be. You know that they're gonna be given. But and that's and the reason why is because you've got Seth Rowland, Seth Rowans, set Rowland, Roward, Rowans, Rollins versus Gunter, uh, just the grudge match themselves. And then of course, the main event of Cody Road is putting up the undisputed w W Championship versus Randy York with Pat McAfee at his side, and possibly and of course, you know it hasn't been announced yet, but Jelly Roll will probably be making his way in there. But the stipulation is if Orton loses, McAfee will leave professional wrestling for good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which means Randy's totally winning his fifteenth World championship We're not getting rid of PAD anytime soon. Look, I don't have a problem with Pat McAfee, the person I own. I don't even have a problem with a creative team or Triple H. I think this is TKO missing around with stuff m I don't think it's any of the usual people that would would get the blame for it. I don't even blame PAD, to be honest with you. Money's money, business is business. I ultimately think this is corporate getting in the way of artists.
Speaker 3: That that would make sense, that would that that that that would make sense, and it's and it's also I mean, it is a it is something that I would say that even Vince McMahon was guilty of during his time running the WWE, because he became more as he became more corporate and and of course he was the head of everything. So but I think that I think in some some different fashion that also did happen back of the WWF. But it's more pronounced now because it is no longer owned by the McMahon family.
Speaker 2: It's owned by a corporation.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, like the headline for this episode says, I'm sure it'll all work out.
Speaker 2: I think even that that match is going to be fine.
Speaker 4: I think this is one of those WrestleManias and we're not quite done running everything down yet, but I think this is one of those manias that actually has a pretty good card if you look at both Knights. Yeah, and I think the the lackluster thing has been the build. But I think on the two nights, I think I think both Knights are going to be actually really good. It's just for lack of a build this time. I guess this is hopefully it's going to be one of those that's a sleeper hit kind of thing, because I don't know how many people are expecting this to be any good. But at the same time, with the bar set kind of low from last year's WrestleMania, this one might surprise everybody with how good it is.
Speaker 3: Right right, right, And I mean it's also unfair to Roasto's WrestleMania for the bar to be.
Speaker 6: Set as low as it was, just because of the fact that, you know, WrestleMania forty was it was as close to perfect of a WrestleMania as you could get.
Speaker 3: Without being WrestleMania X seven. Yes go on, yes, yes, yes, yes. Ringside heat a news stok Saga nine sixty am. We're continuing to run down the card here for WrestleMania forty two, but one thing before I get it, before we get into ww RAW last Monday night, as well as on as well as SmackDown, or or at least I'd like to just one last thing about smack Down. When I was when I was watching it over and look at the highlights again, I still and like you know, people have said it was lackluster, but I think there was one high point in the in the show, dan Housen having won his first match in WPE.
Speaker 4: I really dug it, man, I've been digging all his stuff. Look, I said right from the very beginning, and you probably look back on the show's episodes too, from the start. I just think the only thing wrong with the debut of Dan Housen was the way they overhyped the box. That's it, because I mean sure Chicago went crazy boom that night at Chamber, but since then, to be honest with you, it's all hit for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they you that's the thing I gain.
Speaker 3: And again you've said it before, and we've said it many times, and we've said it in the past when Dan Housen was still in aew if there's anyone company that knows what to do with it Dan House, and it would be w W.
Speaker 4: E YEA so far, so good man. Yeah, it's good that all the crossover stuff. You know, he's on different people's socials that you never would have thought, well, he'd be on you know, like he you know, there's so much like and then they're even building lore with all the social media posts that you could kind of weave into the SmackDown and raw appearances mmmmmm.
Speaker 3: And so you know, hopefully hopefully we'll get a little bit more Dan House in as well at WrestleMania. Maybe he's got maybe he's got some surprise curses up the sleeve or you know, uh, the the for a certain you know, one of uh sort a certain guy who is a more of a you know, a c lister, but you know, considers himself an a lister.
Speaker 2: Kay Wilson, that's his feud right now, who are you talking about?
Speaker 3: No, miss, you have more cursals. He may have more curses for me. Is up to sleep for WrestleMania.
Speaker 2: Just see too many words? Keep it Tipple. You totally steered me off. Course I will say this.
Speaker 4: You know, my one wish for Dan Housen at WrestleMania since it's in Las Vegas, I think, right, okay, yes, oh you don't remember, Okay, all right, the the the Dan Housen showgirls. Okay, well that's tangentially related. But somebody runs a let's call it a Gentleman's club in Las Vegas. Who is a popular gimmick that has something to do with Vegas ladies of the night. Let's say, uh huh yeah, at least in some form of one of his gimmicks. All right, So Charles Wright, yes, the the man behind such gimmicks as Kamma Mustafa, the Godfather, the good Father. I want him to make an appearance either as the Godfather with Dan Housen, like having an interaction with him, or let's just straight up bringing Papa Shango.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yes, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 4: They're in Vegas and that is where Charles Wright like conducts his business and pretty much like emanates from most of the time. So let's have either Papa Shangle or the Godfather interact with Dan Housen. I am sold m that would honestly, that would be an amazing thing and then uh ye, and hey, you know the Godfather, The Godfather could come out with the hole train and Dan Housden can come out as well.
Speaker 2: Too with the with the with with with with the girl Housings. Yeah yeah, with the gul Houses. Yes, the gul Housends.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, so yeah, I mean and yeah that and and and that would be a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Guess as well to you who will be in Las Vegas.
Speaker 3: Not not on the w w E card, but uh uh it is a professional wrestling stable here in the Ontario independent promotions. Uh. And they're and they're consistent of four Filipinos actually a four Filipino stable, uh, a Filipino Canadian stable or you know they live here. But uh yeah, they're called monopol which which is uh uh which is the sign of respect, uh to your elders in the Philippine Filipino culture. And they and and they are going to be wrestling in Las Vegas for one of the independent promotions there. Uh and it comprised the four members. Uh, I've met all of them and they're awesome. Uh, Taylor Daquila take it easy, Joey and my favorite of a bunch, Kingsley.
Speaker 4: Yes, that would be so cool if they uh, you know, had some interactions and some indie people. I guess, uh what what are they wrestling.
Speaker 2: On on on this week?
Speaker 3: Uh, they're well, they're they're wrestling in one of the independents.
Speaker 2: Like you don't know specifically, not not not.
Speaker 3: Specifically that I don't I don't know exactly specific specifically, but I did see a Kingsley sighting over at a e W dynasty. Uh yeah, getting a getting a little getting some love with Andraded.
Speaker 4: That guy needs to calm lef down. My gosh, he was excited right through them tights. Oh geez, on that note, let's go to a soldier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do on that note.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have to take a break after that one, and uh we'll get more into nightetwo of WrestleMania, SAT wrestlinga Sunday and also ww raw AW Dynasty as well, because it happened here in our lovely countries to Canada, and we'll be back after these promotion considerations.
Speaker 4: Wait, this is the real and you're wrestling to ringsideyastreamers.
Speaker 2: Live at SAGA nine sixty am dot C.
Speaker 7: A Yo, bro, it is Vince Russo man and you are listening to ring Sidi Bro News Talk Saga nine sixty am.
Speaker 3: And welcome back to Ringside Heat on News Talk Saga nine sixty am. Lex Hand at lextand Media Ringside Heat at Ringside Underscore Heat. Chico Nugad at Cocoa Collects is where you can follow him and his wrestling memorabilia and other things like superheroes and stuff like that, and transformers and a whole bunch of things that you can that that you can follow and see the kind of stuff that he's been collecting over the years. But before we went to break, we did mention that we saw our friend of the show, Kingsley over at AW Dynasty in Vancouver, British Columbia. So you know, a contrary to wwees version of putting thirteen matches over two nights, AW put thirteen matches over one full night.
Speaker 2: Come On, Go Home.
Speaker 3: Dynasty was held at the Rogers Arena in Vancouver, British Columbia. Some of you may remember that of a certain some of you of a certain vintage may remember that as GM Place, and some of you have a certain vintage as well. To me, remember that as Canada Hockey Place where Sidney Crosby scored his golden goal to win the gold medal for the twenty ten Vancouver Olympic Games.
Speaker 2: Same arena and everything.
Speaker 3: And that this was the first pay per view from ALI Wrestling in Western Canada. And so there were thirteen matches on the car Goodness Gracious, and so three matches on the on the pre show, Alex Winsor defeating Marina Shaffir, Camille defeating Big Ann, and Jack Perry defeating Mark Davis for the A E W Nashal Championship.
Speaker 2: Jack Perry retains oh fourth.
Speaker 3: Actually there was a fourth pre show match, Divine Dominion Meghan Bain and Lena cross As retaining the AW Women's Tag Team Championships for against Hyen and Maya World. And then we get in the main card Matthew and Nicholas Jackson the Young Bucks defeating the don Kallis family of Kazuska Okata and Conosque Takeshta with Don Kallis by his by ringside twenty minute match for that one to start off, Rick Achet with Bishop Kahan and Tota Leona defeating Jericho by pinfall fourteen minutes and ten seconds, Darby Allen defeating Andrede l Idolo by pinfall. Since Allen won, he will receive an AW World Championship match scheduled for a Dynamite spring break on April fifteen, twenty twenty six. And you know tonight, that's right, April fifteen, nets right, that is tonight die M spring breakthrough. So tune into that on your local UH station wherever you want.
Speaker 2: Not delaying that at all, no or not not at all?
Speaker 3: Uh and uh well, as Chico mentioned as well during the break, uh, you know, I think on Braday was the was the real win of that match, getting you know, getting getting a chance to you, uh, getting a chance to you uh rub elbows with Kingsley. So I so I think I think Andrada won that one. Uh, but uh, you know, as you said, as you said, he also had a little bit of a iron chic moment one time over there too.
Speaker 2: So yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway, F T R, Dax Hollwood and Cash Wheeler UH defeat Cope and Cage a W World Tag Team Championship match.
Speaker 2: I was actually hoping that uh A.
Speaker 3: N C would actually win that or ean C rather uh as I as I actually know them, UH would have won that one.
Speaker 2: Honestly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a little puzzling to me that the entire Canadian contingent pretty much all lost. I think, other than maybe, I don't know if Kyle O'Reilly in his match one won the trio's titles. I think they may have.
Speaker 3: Well, let's get yes, yep, Kyl O'Riley did win the trios match. That was a ten It was a quick ten minute match, Orange Cassidy Roderick Strong and Kyle O'Reilly the Conglomeration defeating the Dogs David Finley, Clark Connors and Gabe Kid.
Speaker 2: We also ga Gabe Kid get well soon. I hear there's an injury involved.
Speaker 3: Oh goodness, gracious again, I mean it is a unfortunately, it is just a fact of life when it comes to wrestling. But still it's unfortunate when that happens. Yeah yeah, Kevin Knight won by Yeah, Yeah, yeah, Kevin Knight, yeah one by Benning Daniel Garcina. In the ten man Casino Gutlet match for the vacant AE WT and T Championship, Tecla defeated Jamie Hayter. I didn't like that. I would have loved to see Jamie Hater win that one instead. Uh, honestly, just.
Speaker 2: Solja wasn't gonna happen, I know.
Speaker 3: But still, John Moxley defeated will osprey Uh by pinfall for the AW Continental Championship, and then in the main event of the evening, it was MJF getting the pinfall against Winnipeg's Kenny Omega to retain the AW World Championship. So guess that's what Kenny Omega's got to do. Now, let's just put over the talent.
Speaker 4: How did you like MJF doing a jumping tombstone onto the table outside to get Kenny Omega.
Speaker 8: Oh, I'm so, I'm I'm all, I'm I'm always always, always so conflicted, especially when it's not somebody who's seven feet tall doing a tombstone or a pile driver and then doing it unto the outside onto the table.
Speaker 3: Now, granted, I think that there might be a little there might have been a little bit more of a safety. It might have been slightly safer in one in some ways because you're off the ground. It's actually m jf s knees that are are likely the ones that will.
Speaker 2: Break the table.
Speaker 3: At the same time, but at the same time, it's like I just don't like tombstones. So unless it's Kane and the Undertaker or or as you know, Kine was as as the Undertaker was known as one originally Kane the Undertaker. But but but I just don't like I don't like pile drivers. I hate watching pile drivers. Well, you're gonna have to keep watching them because they're a big part of pro wrestling.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I know. It just doesn't have to I just don't have to like them. Uh.
Speaker 3: And and the last GCW show that I called Kingsley actually took four pile drivers.
Speaker 4: I remember I watched that. That was brutal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm just and and like, yeah, I'm just like, well, Thanksgiving gonna be if she if she's still feeling that injury of Thanksgiving, it's gonna be real awkward next the couple come October.
Speaker 2: But anyway, but.
Speaker 3: That was aw Dynasty at Rogers Arena. Paid attendance for the night was a whopping nine and thirty six, which is pretty good for aw these days.
Speaker 2: Honestly, no comment.
Speaker 3: I mean, but then again, when you compare the fact that you know, and here's the thing, it's like, we know Arena's hockey and basketball arenas like Skotia Bank Arena can hold up to eighteen thousand up to twenty thousand on if you make enough room. But at the same time, it's like, you know, ww raw was only was attended here on in Toronto, only eleven thousand people were in the arena because they blocked off a whole bunch of stuff because of the set and everything. And I get it, I get it. You want to make the set look good and everything. And at the same time, it's like, at the same time, I do miss like the simpler sets and like, you know, have the eighteen thousand people in arena for these wrestling shows too, So.
Speaker 2: Then again like then again seven thousand people.
Speaker 3: When you have that many numbers whatever like that in between, it's like, you know, it's just a blur at this point.
Speaker 4: So so there's one thing I think AW can do to make a big enough splash where they remain. In the conversation of Pro Wrestling for the weekend on Dynamite, you said, who's getting a title shot?
Speaker 3: Who was getting a title shot at AW Dynamite. That would be Darby Allen at Dynamite Spring Breakthrough. If they have Darby Allen, go over on MJF. That's a headline. Yeah, that would be. That actually would be I mean, you would grab some attention at least it would because it's especially because you know, as you said last week, TK hasn't exactly been been very liberal at pulling the trigger for Darby Allen.
Speaker 4: So yeah, no, and and with the general blazz going about WrestleMania and WWE a little bit this week, especially with the sorry, in my opinion, lackluster go home show on Monday Night, Raw, I mean it's on a w to capitalize a little bit.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. Yeah, well I mean that, I mean, they do have their chance tonight. They've had multiple chances, and let's see what they do tonight.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. But let's go over to WW RAW.
Speaker 3: Now we do have up that we still have some time in this segment over here, so let's go with RAW before we go a bit, before we take a break and go into WrestleMania.
Speaker 2: What was it specifically that just made that that that that.
Speaker 3: That just made RAW for you just blase a and like kind of meh.
Speaker 4: I don't know, it just didn't feel like super hype WrestleMania time. I mean, I don't know there was just it was just lacking. I think the punk and rains thing, especially kind of punctuated at the end of the night with not with a bang, but with a whimper.
Speaker 2: I think that they're exchange. I mean, to be fair, they've had a lot of heat the past.
Speaker 4: Few weeks, but part of it's felt a little like repetitive maybe, and then this one was just boring.
Speaker 7: Hm.
Speaker 4: So I don't know where they're going with this. I mean, I'm sure it'll still be fun, but I mean, I'm sure the video the media team at at WWE is going to make some some kick ass like hype vignettes to lead up to each match, So I guess that's where I'm going with all of this stuff. I think that at WrestleMania, I think I'll just pay attention to all the hype videos beforehand each before each match, and I'll probably feel okay about everything.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, at the same time, it's like we were talking about how we wanted something a little bit more simple for Randy Orton and Cody Rhodes, and this one see them funk and Roman reigns.
Speaker 2: That is as simple as it gets.
Speaker 3: I hate you, You hate me, there's a championship on the line, I'm gonna kick your I'm gonna kick your teeth in order to take it. That's as simple as you can get in professional wrestling. And that's what the formula literally has been. Yes, there have been, you know, uh, very have have been you know, things that have been said that go a little bit deeper than the usual wrestling promo might. Uh.
Speaker 2: But that's because we know these characters.
Speaker 3: We know these people, uh, and we know even a little bit about their own personal lives to know that uh, what they're using and what they're drawing from from real life. Could uh you know, could it could be could make that splash uh and get the ears and the eyes on the product that way, because oh, did you hear him say this?
Speaker 2: Did you hear him say that?
Speaker 3: But uh, but but but uh I think that they could have I but then, you know, there's a part of me that feels like they could have saved some of the strongest stuff that they had early on in the build.
Speaker 2: They could have saved that for the go home.
Speaker 4: Yep, they could have odd placement of the different parts of the of the heat of the feud. So I mean, yeah, again, they ended not with a bang, but with a whimper. That's that's all I gotta say about that.
Speaker 2: It was not.
Speaker 4: Very thrilling as a go home show. It didn't feel like one mm hmm.
Speaker 3: And and you know, hopefully hopefully this coming Friday night when they had SmackDown and the Hall of Fame, hopefully then there's some something could be salvage from that fat Chance man.
Speaker 2: That's already the night before Mania.
Speaker 4: They're in Vegas, they're doing the Andre the Giant Battle Royal, so it's already considered part of WrestleMania.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't even consider that a go home show. Mmmmmm. So it's essentially like the kickoff show.
Speaker 3: Ah, yes, yes, yes, yes, I mean, I mean that's the formula that they've had over the past few years and everything right. And at the same time, i mean, looking back to WrestleMania forty, I'm I mean, I mean, I mean, it was fun, the wrestling was fun, but then we were all there to see Paul Hayman anyway, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, my goodness.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm glad we get to see it on YouTube this year for Canadians. The Hall of Fame, I mean, but that starts at midnight Eastern man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And I mean we we're busy people. We got to do stuff in the mornings on time. Well, I'm not even feeling that good this week.
Speaker 4: I'm feeling a little ill even recording this, So, I mean, WW is not helping their case very much. Like I just hope that, honestly, I just hope with all the things that people have had to say, I've had good and bad things to say about the build to WrestleMania along the way. With all of that, I just hope it's at minimum better than last year's wrestle Mania.
Speaker 2: Hmmm.
Speaker 4: I think I'll be happy with just about anything that's better than last year.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmmmm.
Speaker 3: I mean, okay, I'll say this. Last year's WrestleMania for me, wasn't that bad. It was just accentuated by the bye bye, by the failure of the Johnson Well, honestly, wasn't the failure of John Cena or Cody Road. They did their thing. It was the failure of Dwayne not showing up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 4: That put a big damper on everything, unfortunately, But that's that's how it's perceived.
Speaker 3: Sorry exactly, but you know, what hopefully these six matches on on WrestleMania Sunday will be a little bit better or well, well we'll make things better along with the WrestleMania Saturday matches, which we already talked about. And so that's what we're going to review before we you know, before we sign off for the weekend and uh and take in some WrestleMania as we have been for many many years now. And but before that WrestleMania Saturday on April to nineteenth, the six matches on the card, we'll talk about that after these promotional considerations.
Speaker 9: Hello everyone, this is former Pro Wrestling Slash Sports Entertainment referee Jimmy Corderos, and you're listening to the new voice of Pro Wrestling Slash Sports Entertainment in the GTA Ringside Heat right here on News Talk SAGA ninety sixty AM.
Speaker 1: No Radio, No Problem. Stream is live on SAGA ninety sixty AM dot CA.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, I'm Shan Spears and you're listening to Ringside.
Speaker 3: Heat and welcome back to Ringside Heat and new stop SAGA nine sixty am. Lex hand at lextand Media at Ringside Underscore Heat for the show and then Chico at Coca collects he is the walking wounded, not the walking dead, but the walking wounded right now as he has got a bit of a sniffle, possibly a fever.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Yeah, the only cure is more cow bell.
Speaker 3: Ah true, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, or didn't or you know, uh uh neo Sitchen Buckley's that indeed. I mean those aren't technically speaking, those aren't really cures per se.
Speaker 2: They're more of a they're more of a symptom. Management. Sure, sure they'll get through job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and well, I mean yeah, I mean some say that's what some are saying.
Speaker 2: That's what Ron SmackDown were this past weekend. Oh my goodness. Symptom. That's it. Just that's it. That's all it was. So Wrestleman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sunday, April nineteenth, Uh, six matches on the card. Uh gonna be started off here by Oba Femi and brock Lesnar grute match postmatch Oba fem definitely going over.
Speaker 2: Gotta gotta do it.
Speaker 4: And again I do like that this is the match that will kick off Night two, which will be for Americans on free ESPN. So I mean this is as good a chance as any as WW will have this weekend to get eyes on the product besides the previous night Night one being opened with the match that involves Logan Paul, so a lot of new eyes probably gonna come into But yeah, Obafemi brock Lesner's that's rightfully the one that's going to be kicking off Night too. OVA's got to win it. There's nothing else I can see that is a favorable result. If I think if Brock is as good as he's been at at seeing talent that he should be putting over, I think he's gonna let Oba Femi get.
Speaker 2: The victory in this one.
Speaker 3: Mm. I mean, and he has been good and he also has been and he also has been putting over the younger talent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he even did it.
Speaker 4: Let's see who's Who's one of the big men that he put over a few years ago ultimately didn't lead to anything just because of other circumstances. But he even put over people like Keith Lee, you know, you know other other people, Drew McIntyre, he did a really good job putting him over. All it took was one claymore and you know, brocked selling it like a champ. I think he's going to be doing the same for Oba. I think he's going to do the honors and help launch the career of this guy because just the way they've been playing it, Oba for the victory to kick off night too, for sure, mm hmm.
Speaker 3: And hey, you know what, you know what it's like for some fans out there, it might be a little bit karma for him beating the Undertaker, but that's not his call. That was not his call. I totally don't even view it as that. He still didn't need that, But no, he's just really good at putting people over. He's a good pro and you know, he puts the pro and pro wrestling. He knows what he's worth and he knows when to give the other person like the victory and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Now, mind you.
Speaker 4: I mean, he could have been more merciful to people like Kobe Kingston, but I mean that's debatable at this point. I just think he's gonna do the right thing here and put Oba over.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: It's so as Kenny had as Kenny Smith would have said, it's Oba anyway. Next match on the card, the six Pack Ladder match for the w W Into Continental Championship. It's Penta, who is the champion, putting it up, literally putting the title up on the line, Versus Javon Evans, Dragonly, JD McDonough, russf Ray Mystereo.
Speaker 2: Oh that's this.
Speaker 3: That that that's just gonna be the fun, flippy floppy pie spot monkey match that is always going to that there's always going to energize that crowd.
Speaker 4: Hey man, it's a good one two punch to start off night too, let me tell you.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. And both of those are on free TV mm hmmmmm. Singles. Oh yeah, who do you got for that one? Uh, I'm gonna say this was hard to predict.
Speaker 4: I mean, you could give it to Javan. I guess the kids love this guy. I mean, your boys bouncy and everything.
Speaker 2: But I kind of want Penta to just keep it interesting. I don't know, do you have a pick? I don't. I don't have a strong I don't have strong feelings about it.
Speaker 3: I mean, if for me, it would either be either pent or Javon Evans myself, but then you know, uh, you know, they could give it to Raymistereo.
Speaker 2: For a little bit then just let you know, get get the crowd all hyped up. That way.
Speaker 3: But I mean, if if I would say, I would say, I'd like to see Javon with a short title reign and then lose it and then maybe have that belt be the ping pong belt.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I'm down with that.
Speaker 4: I'm not uh, I'm not too heavily invested in any one guy in that match, So just give me a good match, Okay.
Speaker 3: Women's Championship ww W Women's Championship Jade Cargill versus Rhea Ripley. Who retains or who gets it or does does Jade retain or does become champion again?
Speaker 4: Now this is kind of interesting to my brain because at first I wanted Ria Ripley outright to win against Jade Cargill, excuse me, but the addition of her her friends turned enemies turned friends again, her her crew of baddies, you know, now that she has a little crew.
Speaker 2: Back in her up.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't have a problem with Jade retaining if they kind of have a little something something going to like Summer Slam or something, because I don't really think that like Rhea needs it in any way at all, Like like she could help Jade Cargills caused by putting her over somehow, and Jade having heavies to back her up kind of like helps it, not it helps to be a little more believable that Jade would beat Rhea because it just seems like Ria is kind of a juggernaut. But then again, Jade is kind of a heavy hitter as well. She's just not that great yet.
Speaker 3: M hm.
Speaker 4: So I think the addition of her her buddies like back in her corner, I think it helps her cause. So I don't know where I'm at with this one, because again I don't see, like, where do you go with Ria afterwards?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I feel like they interrupted the tag team momentum she had going with EO just to give an opponent to Jade that is blockbuster for WrestleMania like viewing. So okay, so let me just try to Okay, let's try to land the plane. I'm gonna just go with Jade, which I didn't think I would go with for this one.
Speaker 3: Interesting, Okay, Okay, I would That's the I mean the point that you made about like not knowing we're to go with Riha ripley. I mean, Ria is gonna be is one of those people who have proved. Yeah she can, she can do whatever. But she's also so that, which means that she can hold the championship and you know, and we'll get over that way. But at the same time, at the same time, Jade does need a championship in order for at least in my mind, she needs a championship in order to be interesting at this point.
Speaker 4: So yeah, right, I don't know if you see what I mean though, Like, if you take the title off of her, what do you do with her after Mania?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Uh, it's almost the same with Ria to me, with winning it, So I don't know. I just think you keep it on Jade and somehow, you know, continue that. You know, again, can you tell a good story? You can have either person go over in this one.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Sammy Zaane versus Trick Williams, I'm getting I'm choosing Trick Williams to go over Zane.
Speaker 4: I would say so too, because I want Sammy to continue to descend further into desperation and then eventually you start ping ponging him back up towards the top, because if the rumor is right, he may get some sort of come up into the world title at WrestleMania forty three. Now, you don't get there just by having him like retain this thing and then keep going for a while. I think he would flounder that way. I think you beat him all the way down to the bottom bottom and then we'll see what happens there. But then you build them back up or something. I don't know if that makes sense, but I think it is Trick's moment to be had. I don't know if you have any shenanigans, because like Carmelo Hayes is part of this whole thing, yep, so that could factor in. But yeah, I'm gonna give this one a Trick Williams.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing.
Speaker 3: You don't need shenanigans for Trick Williams to be to look like a credible winner. So that's one thing. The demon Finn Valor versus Domsterio. I know we talked about this last week and everything, but but do you still feel the.
Speaker 2: Same way Finn. I picked Finn because.
Speaker 4: I don't really see why Dom would need anything right now in terms of a victory over Finn. I think that would kill Finn. I think that Finn is like he has some momentum. Dom is already up there. He's going to stay up there. People love him, and he's going to get to his like world title picture stuff sometime. I don't think it needs to be this time. I think Finn should win this one.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Well, you know who also loves him, Live Morgan loves them. Maybe not Gianna the Dio, but Live Morgan loves them. See him Punk and Roman reigns. Who's your final pick for this one?
Speaker 4: Roman for the World Heavyweight Championship. Mm hmmm, why, I don't know. Let's see. I think that Punk has held up his World Heavyweight Championship duties well enough. I think that it just needs to shift over to someone else. I think Romans should definitely get this one. I don't like that they were implying that this is now better than the WWE title. I don't think they needed to go there, you know, just to go back to some of the build for this. There were places they didn't need to go. But I do still think Romans should get the World Heavyweight Championship. And then you can like play into all sorts of stuff like with Jay Usso because he was kind of throwing his weight around when Roman was beating up Punk and everything. So I mean, there might be more interesting places to go with Roman as the new world heavyweight champion. All the same, if Punk Semo retains it, there can be many stories coming out of that too, But I'm gonna go.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, I don't think I have any any objection to Roman going over at the same time, you know.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And if there's any if there's any time to lose a world championship for Sam Punk, it would be WrestleMania. If if he's gonna lose it, he better lose it to the grandest stage of the mall.
Speaker 4: So hey, it gets his actual the main event wish true this time last year he did it was the triple threat to end Night one. But this is the end end. This is the closer of the weekend. This is the true main event that Punk's been waiting for on a singles world title level.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: And and with that, honestly, we're out of time here on the radio and uh and and also out of time because WrestleMania is upon us now. We will definitely be back next week for our WrestleMania fallout and assessment, and we could be joined by some of the by some guests for the WrestleMania All Out, some voices you may or may not have heard before on the show. But we'll see how we can get that going with with WITHI you boys out there, But thank you to Chico for spending this hour with me walking wounded on the air and you know, keeping his head up as much as possible as he as he's fighting off a little bit of a little bit of the weather transition bug, if you want to say, and for now, if you want to follow the show, so follow and reach out to us on social media. It's at Ringside, Underscore Heat. You can find me at lextand Media. You can fight Chico at Coke Collects. And thank you again for spending all this time with us on the air, on the podcast and listening and getting us to you, you know, two hundred and fifteen episodes on the air. And Chico is is holding up an action figure that we cannot see, but uh, that is he Uh he is going to be the host of WrestleMania whatever.
Speaker 2: Action figure that was he was holding.
Speaker 3: And uh, it's gonna be a fun night, a fun couple of nights, fun weekend here.
Speaker 2: So it's good.
Speaker 3: So enjoy enjoy, enjoy WrestleMania weekend. This is ringside he and we remember the things that you probably forgot.