Speaker 1: As we teck it out some of the latest tech news and information to share with you. You can do a little ticket giveaway at the end of this as well. Gerry Clark Junior come into hard Rock Live. You could be at that show again. Tickets will go right after we check it out. Any of you who tried to pre order the PS five Pro Limited Edition probably feeling a bit let down the very cool limited thirtieth anniversary PS five Pro retro style consoles. Yeah, most people weren't able to place a pre order, mainly because the limited edition may have been well too limited, and then a lot of customers were frustrated by long waits to even get in the queue to try to have a chance to get one, tech problems that ended up blocking purchases, and of course always the suspicion that scalpers were a big part of the problem as well scooping them up and then reselling them. This is an interesting move. Former Microsoft Xbox uh president's guy who ran the Xbox division at Microsoft. He has jumped ship and gone over to Amazon. Really, that was confirmed yesterday. They're gaming right, Jay Allard, He's not. He's well. It remains to be seen what exactly they're gonna pick his brain for. But he's going to work in the uh, the Amazon Devices and Services team, which you know, they're the ones who produce all the Amazon based gadgets that we use, you know, team to be continued. We'll see, Yeah, we'll see what they're gonna tap his brain for. That's I'm sure he got a pretty big payday out of that. I'm wondering how long the non compete is there obviously wasn't one.
Speaker 2: No, I'm wondering if if the part of the non compete that there's parts of it, you know how non competes are different.
Speaker 1: They might say, now.
Speaker 2: You cannot go take your gaming knowledge to another place for at least insert time.
Speaker 1: See where that goes. Tech deal of the week has to be a Direct TV agreeing to buy Dish Network for a dollar. I reported on this earlier in the week when the deal was announced. It hasn't been approved yet. There's still some federal regulations that will need to be cleared, as well as stockholder issues. Both expected to be a little bit different story this go around, as the TV viewing wars and landscape have drastically changed since the last time these two tried to merge. What were you going to say, Nah, it's past. If you are still a satellite television subscriber, what does this mean for you. It'll probably mean more changes on the dish side of things than the direct TV side of things is. It'll probably weave it into one interface and one main offering with subsets of packages available. Again, all of this still has to be approved before the deal can even be consummated. Yeah, there is a new cheek swab that scientists have developed with a simple test that might be able to tell you how long you can live. Lifestyle factors like stress, smoking, alcohol, sleep, and diet all affect our lifespan and they're imprinted in our genes. This new test called cheek age. The cheek age swab reads this imprinted data from cells found in the mouth to estimate when your time will come. This isn't like that thing we talked about the other day. Were like, it'll give you a date that you're going to kick the bucket, And this is just like, Hey, based on what your genes are.
Speaker 2: Saying you have till around this age.
Speaker 1: You might have another twenty years?
Speaker 2: Are you doing it?
Speaker 1: Hell no, No, I'd rather just surprise me, surprise me. If you utilize Gmail, you might notice some changes probably that will assist in keep and things a little more organized, including what are being described as summary cards that you'll see pop up to help you take action within your cluttered email inboxes, which we all deal with. It'll the summary cards will be dividing stuff into stuff like tracking packages, checking on flights, category type stuff. So if you see that new offering, that's what that is with the latest Gmail.
Speaker 2: It makes sense, similar to like your credit card will do dining entertainment.
Speaker 1: Right exactly same we'll go with your your email inbox if you have a Gmail. They did some research to find out the least intrusive social media platforms. Which ones are the least nosy as far as storing your personal data, utilizing your personal data, selling your personal data, all of the above. Which one the least intrusive social media platforms? Reddit and Snapchat. If you're a Ring Alarm monitored alarm system customer, get ready for your your monitoring fee to double. Why it's well, I couldn't exactly tell you, but customers of the twenty four to seven monitoring service from Ring are receiving emails notifying them that well, more or less, the next time you renew your subscription will double. Although you know what the base monitoring is ten bucks, so it'll be going basically to nineteen ninety nine a month. Okay, So you know, in the big scheme of things, and you know, in the very competitive field there, you know how the pricing goes with that stuff. It's up to you to decide if that's too much or you know, you can absorb that. Twenty three and me, the you know, the ancestry type research company looks like they are a sinking ship right now, and it's sinking very fast for a myriad of reasons. First being competitors in that genie or that you know that that type of field there, there's other competitors there. But the second reason, why do you think twenty three and me is having a problem right now? I knew the competitors right out of the game. By the way, they haven't turned a profit yet.
Speaker 2: Oh really, Yeah, I don't have any other guests.
Speaker 1: Besides, it's actually very logical if you think about it, and the competitors are going to run into this too. Is it the shipping of it? No? No, most people who are interested in finding stuff out about their ancestry have already done it. Once you've done it, you're done. You're not you don't have another reason to do it. And the people who do do it then in turn inform all their immediate relatives, Hey I wanted this, and guess who you know? And they share all the fos, so you know the the demand is dropping for it.
Speaker 2: I think one of the best ever is my buddy Eggs, who is the most Irish dude ever, and he did the what it whichever won probably found out he was Guatemalan or.
Speaker 1: Something that he was Jewish, says I'm Gyrish, Gyrish. Okay, all right, what else we got here? Oh? Both?
Speaker 2: Is my point.
Speaker 1: One other little heads up on the whole. You know terms and service agreements that we all never read and just check off and agree. A couple that was in a severe Uber crash cannot sue because of an Uber Eats order. The married couple New Jersey were in a severe accident during an Uber ride. Judge ruled that they can't sue the company because they and their daughter agreed to arbitration when they accepted the terms of service for a separate, non related Uber Eats order. The terms of service covers both the Uber Eats and the Uber ride share service. You're agreeing when you sign off there that any kind of legal claim will be resolved through arbitration and not the court system.
Speaker 2: I bet there's going to be lawyers that can fight the hell out of that one.
Speaker 1: They tried talking Uber taking Uber to court for a jury trial, but an appellate court recently ruled that they can't because the previously agreed to the updated terms and service conditions. So yeah, I'm sure that they can probably appeal that, But at one point, how much money do you have to go up against a company like that who has, you know, stacks of lawyers?
Speaker 2: And so do I now since I'd like to use Uber and left? Do I now stop doing Uber Eats? No, you've already agreed, agreed, I'm done either way.
Speaker 1: So anyway, John and Georgia McGuinty they were in the back of an Uber ride when the driver sped through a red light and they were t boned by another call, resulting in their serious physical, psychological, and financial damages. And that it's not that they're not going to get any money for a settlement, they just have to go to arbitration rather than a good divorce. Yeah, so so you're getting scared. User, beware this. We all are guilty of this. Anybody have you ever actually read terms in service of anything? Nope.
Speaker 2: After you did a story one time saying this company snuck it in where if you did one little thing after reading the terms, you'd win one hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: I read them for about a day.
Speaker 2: After that and then went back to not a chance to Tacoba.
Speaker 1: I'm going to take a nap now, I'm now. How about you clear off the phone lines here and be the uh giver of some Gary Clark Junior tickets.
Speaker 2: Taco Bob four oh seven nine six one one one is the number that you want to.
Speaker 1: Call Taco Grab a random line. If it's you, you'll be going to that show at hard Rock Life four oh seven nine one six one one one. Lynchin Tako on demand download the iHeartRadio app. This trap