Speaker 1: My Billy cunning into Great American After one o'clock today we have an expert from the Heritage Foundation about the riots and more. But until then it's been quite a matter of interest the past several months. There's a large development proposed by Rob Junius of Vandercarr involving Blue Ash Summit Park. Tonight's the big powwow, I think at seven o'clock, and parking is going to be at a premium and many concerned citizens are going to be there to voice there I think opposition some their concern And unlike the Hyde Park situation, this is completely different. And Rob, first of all, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And I'm holding in my hand here a missive a message that you've just sent to the fathers and mothers of the city of Blue Ass little tree that grew from Vandercarr. So this is kind of breaking news in the summ of you development. Tell me what your decision is as of about twelve thirty five this afternoon.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you the greatest. We have in looking at the situation, we felt as though that it's in the best interest of Blue Ash, its citizens and the administration and council that we have a cool off period and and rethink this this whole development, and uh we look forward to possibly and get re engaging pretty soon. But we're we're going to uh thwart this effort and uh and you know, rethink it. It's a great development. We we've gotten many many inquiries from other communities that would actually wanting it, but our first choice was was Blue Ash and on a great site in a in a great community, and people were a small group of people were very very loud.
Speaker 1: And of course the the shiny object gets most of the media coverage and rob us but Junus as far as what, Lizahead, can you tell us why you're pulling up just a few hours before after're going through? I would assume it's private property, privately owned. It's not owned by the City of Blue Ashes, privately owned by you and your group. What was the reason you're pulling it is because it's not going to pass.
Speaker 2: It's not going to pass. We we we we know that we may have three votes, we just don't have that that that fourth vote. And in the interest of of of council and and everybody's time, you know, it's to to go into the evening. Uh, as you said, Raucus, we felt as though that lets let the piece begin.
Speaker 1: At this point you're pulling it. There won't be a powwow tonight about this. So what lies ahead over the next few months. You had told me about a week ago that you're considering putting another one thousand apartments in that site, which is right now vacant land.
Speaker 3: There's nothing there at all.
Speaker 1: It's not the plan now, simply to put more apartments and give up the idea of a magnet. By the way, according to what you've told me previously, this would give at least a million dollars more year to the Sycamore Public schools. And when I have on the speaker of the House next week, he's going to come, Matt Huffman's going to be here to talk about cutting state contribution to local school districts. This would give an additional at least one million dollars Sycamore Public schools. There's a huge tax income tax ingredient of the workers that would be there in order to pay for police and fire. But a small vocal minority is flapping their jaws. Can you give me the three or four things that the city of Blue Ash in the sense is giving up cause of their opposition.
Speaker 2: Well in a in a big way in national recognition, uh Willie, we were going to be putting in uh this this both complexes would have been uh totally camera ready for the people, you know, if they wanted Fox Sports and ESPN for some of the bigger u uh sports activities in those in those both those venues. So it would have gotten national experience for Blue Ash. Although Blue Ash is one of the best places in the country to live, but this exposure would have been visual to the country. The other thing that's giving up is a phenomenal youth sports uh complex that would have drawn people from all over the country uh to Blue Ash. Those people would have been spending money in a way that has not been seen in the restaurant and in the hospitality on weekends. That's a very very important thing because you know, the center of sports uh in Blue Ashes is in just in some ball fields. But this would have brought a very height and awareness of Blue Ash from across the country or the Midwest.
Speaker 1: Could have come back in some other ideation later this year or next, you know.
Speaker 2: Right now, I'm not sure because of the fact that there's there's been such allowed just a rebutt of it. I think a lot of it is misinformation and misinformed. Many Almost all the questions that have been uh all the comments of of rebut have been a rest by the administration in a calm and in a very detailed way. But those those few keep on have they're on, they're on the drums, and they're spreading a message that is just causing angst among individuals. And it's I don't know. We will see if we will bring it back, but I I highly I highly doubt it. You know, the my partner Maris which was formerly on al nyer uh, they're excited to be uh uh pursuing forward on this on this new plan. Their their focus is multifamily uh and and this is something that they've discussed with me.
Speaker 1: All right, So you know, lie circle the globe before truth can take its first step. The misinformation is incredible. But nonetheless, you can take the same plans to some other some other area around the tri state and they'd be welcome and open arms. There's this small clique of radicals in UH in Blue Ash that don't want to advance and that they want to have a lot of apartments and they by the way, the apartments are two to five thousand dollars a month in rent, and this would have been a completely different concept. Private, properly privately owned, privately developed, and blue Ash would benefit. But you know, you get the government we deserve. I sense in your voice profound disappointment. You don't understand why this happened. Is that fair to say?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I think our whole development team is very, very disappointed. Maris and us were very excited to bring such a unique development that had never been On both sides, the field house is never nobody's ever seen this kind of thing, and nobody's ever seen this the development. We're with the sports field and surrounded by restaurants and hotels and apartments. So this is something that would have been extremely unique and brought a lot of attention to Blue Ash in a in a very good way, a positive way.
Speaker 3: Sure, And right now it's an empty field. All right, Well, we'll see what happens down the road.
Speaker 1: And you know, I often say Rob Spagunas, and we get the government we deserve. And if a small cadre of radicals can spike this development for one hundred and fifty million dollars. It says a lot about them and the small group that are complaining. One of the worst comments I heard was that, well, we want to know in a couple of years who's going to run the football field, who's going to be in charge of the indoor stadium, who's going to be in charge. Well in two years, I don't know, but it's private property and it's going to be run correctly and the city of Bush is going to benefit wonderfully both and especially in these tough economic times, to tourism come in and spend money hotels, a large tax and a large fee all going the economic vitality would be incredible. But you know, we get the government we deserve. And right now the little tree that grew has some problems with some of the limbs.
Speaker 2: Well, i'd like to believe that that we can work with counsel in some way, some fashion to to finish out this development and and and hopefully in a way that satisfies now the voices that have been so keenly against what we're doing. And you know, it is what it is.
Speaker 3: That's going to be difficult.
Speaker 1: All right, Rob, thanks for checking in, and so tonight's meeting at seven o'clock is called off.
Speaker 3: You will not present whatsoever correct.
Speaker 2: That is correct sir, and and we we appreciate your time and continue to be the greatest and wave that flag.
Speaker 3: God bless America.
Speaker 1: Rob smagenis, thank you very much, and God bless you, and God bless America. Blue Ash needs new leadership, obviously, because if you don't recognize the value of this, you got to get it, get to hell out of public service, all right, Rob, thank you very much, and you're a great American.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, let's continue your comments next five, one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand. Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred WW