Speaker 1: God channeling is dinner Clerk, get them the dives.
Speaker 2: Thatt's the cat backhand sign Dustin off that gold.
Speaker 3: Globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 2: Wanna take your shot?
Speaker 4: We're waiting for you.
Speaker 2: Think you're looking real hot, Come and get it.
Speaker 5: We're here.
Speaker 4: The road comes through La.
Speaker 5: Come get it.
Speaker 2: If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 6: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 2: I got it?
Speaker 7: Best overall, Miss Dan Klass Padres.
Speaker 5: Fans can line up to kiss our.
Speaker 8: Ring.
Speaker 2: You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot. Welcome to Dodgers on Tack. Now your host walking you up to first pitch, tim Kids.
Speaker 1: Hi everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck, your official Dodger pregame show as your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers thirty six and twenty four on the season, first place atop the NL West. Today, the rain has come through Southern California, but it's not gonna damper this game tonight and is blowing out and it's gonna be on time first pitch, as the skies are starting to look blue here in Southern California. Despite the earlier reign Clayton Kershaw on the mound for the Dodgers. First pitch from Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. We will preview this pitching matchup with the future Hall of Famer on the mound for the Blue David vas State's gonna go one on one with a longtime MLB umpire, Brian Gorman.
Speaker 6: You see him on Apple TV.
Speaker 1: Now he's assumed the role as an analyst in that umpire's position. So we're gonna get his thoughts from Brian Gorman, former longtime MLB umti umpire. That's coming up in forty five minutes. We got your Dodgers Magical moment. Shortly, Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA, we'll stop by and in just a few minutes we head out to the Galloping Motors broadcast both with Tim Nevertt and Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Last night at Dodgers Stadium, Dustin May was on the mound and Dustin May would pitch well going up against Paul Blackburn, making his season debut. Blackburn five shutout innings, struck out three. Along the way, Dustin May would go six inning, strikeout five, but give up two runs on six hits. He give up a run to the very first Battery face Francisco Lindor a home run to Wright as the Mets grabbed a one to nothing lead and a ground rule double from Nemo in the fifth, the Mets were up two to nothing. The Dodgers offense needed a couple of spins around the lineup to get on the board, and they finally did in the seventh thanks to show.
Speaker 9: Hey, Dodgers have gone eight and two thirds innings without scoring a run. Hey Otani changes that as he hammers one deep to write, this ball way back and it is gone over.
Speaker 4: The bullpen in right field.
Speaker 2: What a smash, and.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers get on the bar.
Speaker 9: That's two to one home run number twenty three for Otani, the major league leader.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, did he hit.
Speaker 9: That one a long way four hundred and twenty four feet down the right field line.
Speaker 1: Show hey Otani absolutely crushed that baseball number twenty three on this season. As the Dodgers finally got on the board, but down still two to one, and then ninth inning, shoe Hay was added again. A long sack fly to left field into the quarter.
Speaker 6: Almost got out and won it for the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Instead, Tommy edmund scored on the sack fly to the left, but that tied the game at two, So free baseball at the ravine. In the top half of the tenth inning, the Dodgers went to Tanner Scott and Tanner Scott got into trouble and a.
Speaker 9: One one swung out hit to right field. That's twisting going back after it as ta Oscar, it's going to go off the wall Atunia is gonna get waved around here comes to throw to second and in with a run scoring double. Is Alvarez This second hit of the ball game and the Mets take a three to two lead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Mets would score on the Francisco Alvarez double to right Okunya scored to three to two lead by the Mets, and they weren't done. Francisco Lindora woul attack on another with an RBI single. So two runs in the top of the tenth from the Mets game a forty two lead in the bottom of the tenth, Andy Pajez a single to right that scored ta Oscar Hernandez. Dodgers down four to three, and the Dodgers had an opportunity. They had runners on with nobody out. Max Munsey struck out for the first out. After a pitching change, Will Smith came in as a pinch hitter, flew out to center. Freddie Frietman advanced to third. The Dodgers had the tie run ninety feet away, but Tommy Emman on his bobblehead Night grounded out to the pitcher ended the game. Met in ten innings last Night beat the Dodgers four to three. Dodgers fall to the thirty six and twenty four on this season. And that is a top tier play the game, brought to by Arco quality, top tier gas for less. And now they give the ball to Clayton Kershaw to get back on winning track first pitch of seven to ten and with more we head out to the Galpin Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Nevert and Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Guys.
Speaker 9: Sam, thanks again a little overcast here above Dodgers Stadium and around Leision Park. As the Dodgers get set for Game two against the New York Mets. We saw something today, Rick that you'll hardly ever see. The tarp was put on the field this afternoon, heavy rain at Dodgers Stadium, and the grounds crew, much smaller than most other Major League ballparks, did a wonderful job.
Speaker 7: I tell you what. I started account heads. We had lightning, we had thunder that went right along with it. But for example, road trip the Dodgers in Cleveland. They started in New York, they went to Cleveland. Well, there was some rain, and we see the grounds crew comes out. Well in Cleveland, they had twenty five members of their grounds grew coming on the Dodgers, and kudos. We cannot applaud them enough. Nine ground crew members. They had the tarp on the field, they took it off it began to rain a little bit earlier when the Dodgers were scheduled at batting practice. They put the tart back on. Only nine. You talk about a group that, first of all, doesn't get a whole lot of practice and putting on the rain tarps here in southern California. But kudo's congratulations. Just a marvelous job. And this field is in pristine condition to begin with, and these guys thank you very much.
Speaker 9: So the Dodgers and Mets playing again. The Mets have won three of the four against the Dodgers this season.
Speaker 4: And it's reality check time.
Speaker 9: It's early June. You might so well still early. But here's what matters a lot, the tiebreaker and home field advantage in the postseas. The Cubs already have the tiebreaker and home field over the Dodgers should they need it. If the Mets win one more game here, they'll have them.
Speaker 7: You and I were talking about this with Daie McDonald and also with David Vasse earlier. We cannot emphasize enough on how important that is to have in the playoffs scenarios because you're up against the wall. It does mean a whole lot if you can get a buy in that first round. So yeah, home field advantage is a big, big deal because it just happened so fast in postseason play. I mean, you're in and you can all of a sudden blink a couple of times and then you're out. It's a big, big deal. The Dodgers have to play better and overall the big picture too. The last twenty eight games, the Dodgers are just a five hundred team. Ten they've won fourteen but also lost fourteen.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they start playing tonight two games behind the Mets for the National League's best record, and the Mets starting June third of last year, have the better record than the Dodgers. They're one hundred and two and sixty one. So they have been really good, even though they started twenty four and thirty five up until June second last year. But since June third, twenty twenty four, the Mets one to two and sixty one.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: In the Mets, they're in the middle of the pack when it comes to the offensive part of it. We mentioned it last night even though they won and they prevailed in the ten inties last night, the four to three where they have really excelled as in the pitching not only best era in Major League Baseball, but also they don't give up very many home runs, only forty that they have allowed. Dodgers have given up seventy six so far, and did they keep the ball in the ballpark. So the Mets, whatever it is, whatever it was that the formula had changed, they had been in a role including winning eight of the last ten and just recently took over first place in the East because the Phillies start a game and a half behind the Mets. Has actually got underway today.
Speaker 9: Good news for show hal Tony today certainly not unexpected from US observers that get to watch them all the time, but he was named National League Player of the Month for the month of May fifteen home runs.
Speaker 4: He hit three h nine in May.
Speaker 7: We just keep telling people, and people keep asking us too, say what if, what is it? The Otani's able to do just about everything, including on the horizon, as we are led to believe, and we see him pitch, when will he take on the other examples of say, hey, look, he's going to be in the starting rotation. In the meantime, we're at the top of your the designated hitter. We also see Mookie Betts returning to the lineup fractured two. It all he's bat second. He's at shortstop tonight, Toyner.
Speaker 9: Raguel, we'll pitch for the Mets. For the Dodgers, it is Clayton Kershaw going as we get you sent for game two of there's four game set tim All.
Speaker 6: Right, thank you guys, as we cut you down to first pitch. Roger fans get.
Speaker 1: Your game day meal on and Shaky's Pizza Parlor. All you gotta do is what are your Shaky's Pizza Chicken Mojo's and do it right now Shakys dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you are gonna hear from David Vaz say he goes one on the wall with former MLB umpire Brian Gorman. You'll hear from the manager himself Dave Roberts. But up next, you're Otani rewind Man. We visit with Sports and at Las Kirsten Watson. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Mets on this Tuesday night.
Speaker 6: First pitch and seven ten. They should be with us.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim kas Is, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and the Mets Clayton Kershaw, Tyler McGill. The pitching matchup will dive deeper in the numbers coming up in just a little bit.
Speaker 6: First pitch set for seven ten.
Speaker 2: This is the Otani.
Speaker 9: Rewind Rodgers are gone eight and two thirds innings without scoring a run and Otani.
Speaker 2: Changes that as a hammers one deep to right. This ball way back and it is gone hold of.
Speaker 4: The bullpen in right field.
Speaker 9: Oh what a smash, and the Dodgers get on the bar.
Speaker 4: It's two to one.
Speaker 9: Home run number twenty three for o Tony, the major league leader. Won one pitch swung on hit tape to left toward the corner.
Speaker 4: It is carrying.
Speaker 9: It's gonna be caught in the corner by Nimmo tagging from third and scoring is Tommy.
Speaker 6: Redmond, Show hey, old Tony.
Speaker 1: Last night one for to four a sackfly you heard the home run drives in two of the Dodgers three runs last night. Home run number twenty three and the seventh inning. And then the sack fly deep down the left field line last night in the ninth inning. It almost got it out along the short wall in left field. It was at F seven in your score book. Tommy Evan was scored a time the game had two. The Dodgers, though, would lose the game for to three and ten innings.
Speaker 2: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson and.
Speaker 1: Kirsten now joins us from Dodger Stadium, brought to my cars for kids. Ready to donate your old call eight seven seven cars for Kids right now, Friendly Asian standing by to take your donation. That's cars with the K to donate your car today. On the field, is this big thing that's covering the dirt the infield the Dodger Stadium. I'm not really familiar with with That thing is called Derek Kirsten. Is that really a tarp on the field?
Speaker 10: Crazy work? There is a tarp on the field here at Dodger Stadium. I always have the scene for you. So we were all in the dugout, you know, the guys are on the field getting in some early defense, a little bit of pregame work. We had some guys who were out in right field or actually be in left field where they were pitching and kind of playing catch.
Speaker 2: All of a.
Speaker 10: Sudden, there is this rumble in the sky and we.
Speaker 5: Were like, what is that?
Speaker 10: What is that thunder? And it was aggressive thunder, let me tell you. And we're all looking at each other like this is this supposed to ring today? What's happening? Then it starts pouring and I mean like not just like little droplets. These were very thick, heavy droplets. Falling from the sky and all of us are just like, what is happening? And everyone runs underneath back into the clubhouse. And now there's a type on the field. But the bright side is it does seem like we are in the clear. We might have a little bit of drizzle here and there. Even when I was talking to some of the ground screw guy they were saying that I guess there was some rain on the other side of the mountains and they had expected it to clear out before it came in. You know, I'm a humbo other woman now, but I'm supposed to clear out and it just didn't and did not clear out, and so we had a little bit of rain. But I think we're in there moving forward. Hopefully it should be an on time start. But man Clayton kersh on a start day seems to what is it? What the last threno? Rain, rain and more rain.
Speaker 6: So I'm looking at my dominar rainar right now.
Speaker 1: It looks good as we go from northwest to southeast, the weather, the clouds all moving now east to San Bernardino, which is a good thing. And this game will be on time at seven to ten when it starts. Kirsten Mookie Betch is back.
Speaker 10: He sure is, and I got to catch up with him today and he was saying that, look, we all know there are times the middle of the night, you get up, you stub your toe. Even there are times when it's not in the middle of the night. I stull. I am someone who has stubbed my toe quite a few times now hasn't led to a fracture. I'm very lucky with that. Unfortunately for Mookie, he thought he was fine and then the next thing he woke up his toe was swollen, so he kept him down over the weekend. But he said that really the last like twenty four to forty eight hours, he's really turned a corner. He said that he was nervous. He thought he was maybe gonna have to wear different like orthopedic inserts in his cleats to kind of help support his toe. But he said he doesn't have to do that. He really feels fine. The pain like totally manageable, nothing crazy, So he does. He's back out there in the lineup today. Feels really good with kind of the defensive work he's been doing. He does want to see some more positive results offensively, He's doing anything and everything he can to kind of figure it out because he wants to be in a better position right now just at the plate. But even when talking to Dave Roberts, he said that he is going to run him out, so he'll be out there the rest of this series. He likely is going to have a day where he just has a day kind of to reset and be down during the Cardinal series, but that is not necessarily due to injury. They do feel like, yeah, he's gonna it'll heal and he'll be fine to play through it. But more of just kind of schedule because we are in quite a long stretch of games pretty straight moving forward.
Speaker 1: It is still only early June. A lot of baseball left to be played, Kirsten. We appreciate it. We will check you with you after the game still to come. Here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Matsago's one on one with former Major league umpire Brian Gorman, now an analyst helping the fans break down calls on the game as they happen. We'll get you an injury report though, and we'll here from the manager Dave Roberts when we come back. It's a Dodgers and Mets on this rainy, cloudy Tuesday night here in Southern California.
Speaker 6: First pitch is seven ten.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim Kais's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio number.
Speaker 2: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season.
Speaker 1: Low Moronggo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Tuesday night as we leach up to first pitchers and the Mets. Morogo Casino Resort and Spa a grand slam for a good times. Clayton Kershaw on the mount first pitch at seven.
Speaker 2: Ten, He's the LA Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Injury Report presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 6: You know the story.
Speaker 1: Dodgers have a lot of pitchers on the injured list, starters or relievers, Tyler Glass, now Blake Snell, Blake trying, and Michael Kopek who should be coming back here this weekend. Fingers crossed to help out this Dodgers bullpen. Mookie Betts. He is back ractured toe and all. He is back in the lineup tonight for the Dodgers and that is great news. Let's head back out to Dodgers stateument check out the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 4: Any questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 2: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 5: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 2: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts?
Speaker 11: You know what, I think it's a reading and react. But I think that given I'm not sure how many days we have till our off day, but there might be a day potentially in Saint Louis that I might just give him a day game. But if he feels good, then we'll just keep running him out there.
Speaker 2: Say will he's the time where you see down in Davis game? Why you know what?
Speaker 11: Not? Really, I mean there there might have been some stuff under the hood that are kind of performance science guys. Uh, we're probably looking at I haven't got word of it, so I think for me, it was just making sure he was healthy. But they're always constantly having those conversations.
Speaker 1: So all right, there's Dave Roberts certainly glad to have Mooki Bets back in the lineup, and we'll see you're not going to play every day, but slow playing back into this lineup in early June, and we continue here on Dodgers on deck. We'll check you with David Vassay. No slow playing there, so leads you out to first page. Dodgers and the New York Mets, Game two of this four games set, first pitch of seven ten. I'm Tim Kansas, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers on your nowhere.
Speaker 2: As we were saying, yes, it's Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball, it's.
Speaker 1: A Dodgers in match game two of this four game set. Clayton Kershaw on the mount, first pitch, coming.
Speaker 2: Up at seventen, joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 2: This is Dodger insider David Bassi.
Speaker 5: All right, DV.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows this team has been hit by injuries hard, especially with pitching bullpen starters. One of those guys is Tyler glass Now. Yesterday, Dave Roberts said he had body soreness from throwing off the mound. He's gonna go back to flat ground. What's going on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tyler Glassnow spoke to us after throwing from flat ground today and he said he just felt a little something in his back last week, and he said it's absolutely nothing. He's back to pitching and he's actually gonna throw a bullpen session over the weekend, So that's not an issue anymore. The issue is, according to Glass now, is just getting himself built up again and going back to the picture he was last year before the changes he and the Dodgers agreed to make to try to keep him on the mound healthy all year long. That obviously didn't work. But here's what Tyler glassnan I had to say about the whole process of being on the il and when he may return.
Speaker 12: I think it's like the spine angle stuff. And like my my stride was really straight, and I was just I was never laying closed.
Speaker 4: It was just opening up.
Speaker 12: So i'ld just put a lot of stress on my shoulder and like ve Low was down. Stuff wasn't good.
Speaker 5: Command was really bad.
Speaker 12: And when it clicked like anything, it was fine. But it was just every time I wasn't on track. I didn't really know how to fix it because it was just so new, but it was just everything was just I was just late on everything. I think that's the pictures, Like that's every picture's issue in their delivery, like landing later, not being on time, and I think it was just more late than I'm generally used to. Like it would be a great long term fix, but I just don't think I was like doing it correctly. But I think like the adjustments now and like kind of trusting my natural throw. It just seems to be on time a lot more and there's just not so much stress.
Speaker 4: Are you at a point where you would be at the beginning of spring training? Is it that type of six week build up? I have no idea. I hope not.
Speaker 12: I don't really, I really don't know, but like Vlo is good and like recovery has been really good, and like I've been on the mound. I'm going on the mountain this week. So I'm just taking it bullpen by bullpen and just see what it is. Hopefully I can face it her soon and I'm trying to get out there soon, but not I mean, I have to be healthy. I want to be here for playoffs. So it's like listening to them and just trying to.
Speaker 5: Figure it all out.
Speaker 12: But like it's coming back as soon as I can in a healthy way. To help the team in the playoffs is my goal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just trying to digest all of that. Tim. You know, the Dodgers made those changes. The changes didn't work, put stress on his shoulder. He wasn't pitching well. So he's going back to the guy he was last year when he made the All Star team. So we'll see if that works.
Speaker 6: David is driven by Ford. There's one thing we like his choices.
Speaker 1: Fine yours with the Ford F one fifty gas hybrid all electric mark can only be called F one fifty David.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers added another picture.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jose Arena, who burst onto the scene with the Marlins. He was picked up by the Dodgers as a free agent. Don't know how long he's going to be here. He's here to give the Dodgers some coverage. But one thinks for certain, if he gets into the game tonight or tomorrow, he'll be the twenty ninth different pitcher the Dodgers have used this season. That's the most, along with the Orioles, of any team in baseball this year.
Speaker 6: It's only June the third, David, How about that.
Speaker 1: It's only June the third, all right, Davie, Wan'll t back it with you just a little bit coming up here, on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 6: We'll get your Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Magical Moment Dodgers and Mets first pitching seven ten. I'm Tim Kats's the world champion of Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers had met on this Tuesday night. The rain is coming gone at least around Dodgers Stadium in Elisiam Park, Blue Skies. Here in a Burbank Studios, as we lead up to first pitch at seventen, a hot.
Speaker 2: Dog who wants a hot un It's time for the hawfe Magical Moment. Pitch Magical Present by Hawfey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 1: We go back to April eighteenth, twenty twenty three, and how about this the same pitching matchup that night tonight, Clayton Kershaw and Tyler McGill. The pitching matchup back in April of twenty twenty three at Dodger Stadium. McGill would go five innings, give up three runs on seven hits, walked for, gave up a couple of home runs in the first and third inning. The Dodgers would tack on two more in the eighth. But what a night from number twenty two, Clayton Kershaw.
Speaker 8: The one hundred and fifth pitch of the game from Kershaw, Tommy fam tongue on and missed right.
Speaker 5: Three. That is the inning.
Speaker 8: Kershaw screams in satisfaction. He has struck out the side. The Mets leave two. We're at the seventh inning stretch and the Dodgers lead the Mets three to nothing. The first pitch to Alonzo is a high fly ball. This is gonna do it. There is Hayward, He's underneath it. And Clayton Kershaw becomes a one hundred and seventeenth pitcher in Major League history to win two hundred games.
Speaker 1: Congratulations to Clayton Kershaw in twenty twenty three against these Mets, seven shutout innings, struck out nine to pick up win number two hundred of his Hall of Fame career. This Hafey magical moment brought to by Hofey Hot Dogs, Hoffey Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Offy hot Dogs, local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, We'll check back. You'll Rick Monday for leading up to first pitch, Dodgers and to'm Tim Keats is the.
Speaker 6: World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue All.
Speaker 1: Season Law Lean you up to Dodgers and New York Mets, second game of this four game series. Clayton Kershawn Tyler McGill pitching matchup first pitch, coming up at seven.
Speaker 2: Ten and now joined by David Bassey. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Rick, we had a rare tarp signing at Dodgers Stadium earlier this afternoon.
Speaker 7: Well even more rare than that lightning and thunder a here at Dodgers Stadium. Well, the Dodgers are hoping for some lightning and thunder and they need to kick it into gear. I mean we start to look down, Davidsea. The last twenty eight games, the Dodgers, who have a one game lead in the Nationalague Western Division over San Diego three in front of San Francisco, last twenty eight games have been just a five hundred team. They've won fourteen, but they've also lost fourteen. That needs to change and change a hurry.
Speaker 4: It feels like things are turning towards the Dodgers' favor because they're getting better starting pitching.
Speaker 7: Well, they're starting to get some more innings and that is a big, big boost, and the bullpen says, thank you very much. Big question is is how much longer are some of the big names going to be on the injured list. As far as the pitchers, fifteen different pitchers around the il, seven of those are starters. They're getting closer and closer, but until they're here, they're not here. And in the meantime, the Dodgers have to go ahead and supplement what's going to happen in the starting rotation, what's going to happen out of the bullpen, and who's going to be in the back end of the bullpen. Right now, because there's been some inconsistencies.
Speaker 4: It looks like the Dodgers may be getting some reinforcements. Kirby Yates is getting closer, Michael Kopek may join the team on the road trips. So things are starting to.
Speaker 7: Turn well again. When they're here, they're here, yeah, And until then, well they might be here.
Speaker 4: You know who's here Clayton Kershaw, the future.
Speaker 7: Hall of Famer exactly. And I think for Kershaw, as he understands how to pitch, I thought the last outing that he had he was chasing the curveball, and by that i'm talking about didn't really have a.
Speaker 5: Curve bowl earlier on.
Speaker 7: But will Smith just kept calling for it in trying to get it, and you've got to be able to work it in. And then finally he found it. He found it again, and that played large. It took him a couple of innings in order to get there. But one thing about it, Clayton Kershaw, I say this about a lot of good pitchers. Well he's not just good, and his career has been fantastic. They're good observers and by that I'm talking about reading the swings of hitters. Had they changed from the sky report that they maybe previously had. We'll find out tonight. And in order to be able to read the hitters and be effected, you have to also be able to execute command of the strike zone and move it into areas that you would like to see it.
Speaker 4: I would imagine Kershaw throwing his fastball at eighty eight eighty nine slider around the same velocity. Rick command is imperative for him at this stage of his career.
Speaker 7: It is, And I'm glad he brought up the slider because I did not think that he had a very good slider to begin with either. In the last outing that was in Cleveland, that was last Wednesday in Kershaw went the five innings, gave up just one run on six hits and only seventy four pitches in that outing. But he basically he was able to pick and choose hitters that he was going to challenge and pick and choose hitters that he was saying, Hey, look, if you expand the strike zone, I've got you. If you don't expand the strike zone, you may walk. And if we look at that ballgame he walked to in the very first inning and gave up the only run that he was going to surrender, also in that opening frame in Cleveland.
Speaker 4: What do you believe makes him keep going? Why do you believe he came back again for this year.
Speaker 7: He's a competitor, he's an athlete, and he also has a great reputation. He wants to and he's in a wonderful situation that he can retire when he wants to and he's still chasing three thousand strikeouts. He's getting closer and closer on that end of it. He has a great deal of pride, and that's something you can't find in a scouting report, but you can see it when he's on the mound, and we've been able to see it during his career.
Speaker 4: Rick, he told me before his first start that he didn't want to go out of this game due to injury. Can you relate to that?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Yeah, And you know I actually remember going back, and not to make a story about me at all, but I remember coming in from center field one night and I went, you know, this used to be an easy run. It's not that far, but that particular nine, I'm going, you know what, this is becoming an effort just to run and run and run. During the game, it was fine, but that was only in between innings, because in between innings there's no adrenaline going on. And one of the challenges that did Clayton Kershaw had how many times he's going to play golf when he retires. Yeah, he knows every five days or every six days when he's playing that he's got the challenge, and you can see it kind of building up in him two and three days before his start. That's something that's very difficult to find a supplement for well.
Speaker 4: Tonight will be a challenge for kershout. We'll see how he does.
Speaker 7: Okay, I expect it's going to be a battle. And for the Mets, they understand they're facing the best of the best because you look at Clayton Kershaw's career.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, Yeah, you're not going to outcompete him tonight, no matter what kind of stuff he has. Rick, thanks a lot for checking in. We'll check in with you a little bit later.
Speaker 7: Oh, thanks for the warning.
Speaker 4: Stay dry. We'll send it back to the studio.
Speaker 1: Tim, nice and dry in the studio, guys. The Dodger's game plan brought to you by California Community College. Yes, they're all over Southern California and Northern California. Financial aid available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rents.
Speaker 6: Time to take that next big step.
Speaker 1: Classes can fill up quickly, so enroll today and I can go to college.
Speaker 6: Still, they can't come here.
Speaker 1: On Wrongo Casino Dodges on deck, we will preview this pitchy matchup.
Speaker 6: Tim Nevert Rick Monday. They got those keys to the game.
Speaker 1: But up next David vat Sego's High in tight with longtime MLB umpire Brian Gorman. You don't hear from umpires very often. Can't wait to hear from him, longtime MLB umpire Brian Gorman. Next to leads up to Dodgers and Mets. I'm Tim Katson's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers Mets on this Tuesday night, and the rain is blow them through Leisham Park, Dodger Stadium, and we're gonna be good to go.
Speaker 6: Clayton Kershaw on the Mount.
Speaker 1: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zenchi Sushi Enjoy and its quick and affordable meal the whole family can enjoy on game night, made fresh on site daily. It's right there with the professionally trained sushi chef's precision, passion and a tradition you can taste, you can't miss it. The Zench counter right next to the deli counter at Rowse Zench hand Crampton.
Speaker 6: So she always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 2: And now what will likely be vass a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 6: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 2: This is high and tight.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers and Mets are getting set for Game two of this four game series, and we join right now by a man that was a Major league umpire for thirty years and now he's that Mike Pereira for Major League Baseball on Friday night broadcast. And that's the one and only great irishman, Brian Gorman. Brian, thanks a lot for.
Speaker 5: The time, oh Ik, appreciate you having me on.
Speaker 4: This is a lot clearer than zoom.
Speaker 5: A little bit, a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Brian, how much more is on the home plate Onpire with everything that you just said?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's he's got a busy plate.
Speaker 3: I mean he's he does all pitch pitcher disengagements, he does all batter timeouts. He has to keep track of the batter timeouts. A couple of times we've had a situation where a batter took a time out and then he wants another one, and so you have to remember, no, you already took one.
Speaker 5: So sometimes you know, you know, there's fifty sixty.
Speaker 3: Batters a game, it gets a little confusing and say, like, you know, did you already have a timeout?
Speaker 5: As you do one? And so he's busy.
Speaker 3: It's a condensed period of time and he's got a lot to do, and then he's got to call balls and strikes and get everyone right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, And they usually do despite what hitters think and pictures think.
Speaker 5: Hopefully. Yes, the scores are pretty much the same. Everybody's scoring like.
Speaker 3: In the mid mid the high nineties. With adjustments that they do for the evaluations. The box that everybody sees on the screen, it's not accurate as what they get evaluated at. So a lot of people go by that box. But that box is just a static box from the center field camera. It doesn't take into account a batter's height. So the low part of the strike zone and in the high part of the strike shown, which is a lot where the controversy comes in, is not accurate.
Speaker 5: So they're getting hit pretty good on social media.
Speaker 4: I understand, yes, exactly. I'm glad you brought that up because I had heard that the broadcast that we see in that box that we see that's not the actual strike zone. And on game day how accurate is that compared to what we see on TV.
Speaker 5: It's not.
Speaker 3: They do their own adjustments for what Major League Baseball gets evaluated, their umpires on their own adjustments, and then they have post game adjustments where they take into account the catcher where you might get adjusted if the pitch gets by the catcher goes back to the screen, but it might.
Speaker 5: Nick the box.
Speaker 3: They'll get adjusted for that pitch. So it's a lot different than what people see on the screen. I almost kind of wish that it wasn't on there because it's just frustrating.
Speaker 4: Former Major League umpire Brian Gorman is our guest. He is now part of Major League Baseball umpire operations and also a TV star. He's the guy that they go to on Apple TV in the zoom room when there is some questions about the rules, like last Friday night where Michael confordo tagged up with a juggle in the outfield at City Field since the Mets are in town. Brian, what do you remember about that play and did you know that it should have been allowed right away? Why did it take so long?
Speaker 3: Well, the we had two unusual plays in one game. It's usually you know, three or four games go by and they don't even have to come to me. They had two plays in one game. The first one was the juggle out in the outfield where the ball touches the center fielder, it gets deflected, and in fact, I think the right fielder willound up catching the ball most of the time that ball has dropped, so this play never happens. But if anybody's tagging, he can go on first touch. And the theory behind that is like a good outfielder can juggle the ball all the way into the infield and prevent the guy from advancing, so as soon as the ball is touched, the runners can take off. Apparently some guys know it because the guys took off on first touch. In fact, there was a play at second where he could have probably tagged Gotani and he didn't, so you know, he just advanced on the tag so he was safe at second and then they went to review.
Speaker 5: So when they go to the review, they call it a matrix shot.
Speaker 3: They have one camera faced on the outfielder, they have another camera face on the guy tagging up, and they sink it with a timestamp, so they make sure the guy actually did tag up.
Speaker 5: In time.
Speaker 3: Then there was another tag up at first, so they do both tags at the same time, and I think that's what took some time.
Speaker 5: So they're gone.
Speaker 3: There's fourteen feeds home and away, and they have to go through every feed in case there's a feed that shows something different.
Speaker 5: So that's what takes time. In New York.
Speaker 4: Brian Gorman is our guest. All Right, that other play on Friday Night where obstruction was called twice. One time we all knew noticed it because Taoscar Hernandez made a great throw to throw out the runner at home Starling Marte. The other time the Dodgers Taoscar Hernandez scored safely. Can you take us through that obstruction play? Because what is the distance? The third baseman is a little bit too close for comfort.
Speaker 3: Sure, there's two types of obstruction. One is a play being made on the obstructed runner, and one is a play not being made on it, And it's two different benefits. The play that's not being made on it, the umpire lets the play go through and waits to see what happens. That if the obstructed runner gets thrown out in a close play, which actually happened, then he enforces the obstruction. If he scores easily or if he gets out or thrown out by forty feet, they don't enforce the obstruction, so a lot of people don't know the obstruction is even called until the play happens, after which they got obstructed. The play at third that you're talking about, he actually strolled in front of the batter tagging up and prevented him from getting a clear view of the guy catching it. That's called obstruction. You don't have to touch him, and it doesn't have to be intentional.
Speaker 5: I don't know if he did an intentional.
Speaker 3: Max says he did, so you know, I believe him. If he gets in front of him, but he obstructs the vision of the field of tagging up, that's called obstruction. And if he gets thrown out in a close play, which happened, it's reversed to a safe. On the other case, he did walk in front of him, but the umpire thought that he didn't obstruct this view.
Speaker 5: So you can get close.
Speaker 3: And not obstruct them, or you can get far away and obstruct them. So it's a judgment called by the umpire.
Speaker 4: Thanks for sharing with all of us, Brian Gorman. We don't get to tap into the knowledge of an umpire that has the experience that you have and continue to do a great job. And you are Baseball's Mike Perera.
Speaker 5: Just means I'm old.
Speaker 4: I think you there. He is one of the best umpires in his day. Brian Gorman now helping Major League Baseball keep everybody in line. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 6: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, DV.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is the Mike Perrera of baseball. Brian Gorman, longtime MLB umpire. You see him on Apple TV Friday Night broadcast back in the studio anytime they need an umpire's perspective. Great to hear from Brian Gormer. You don't hear from umpires very often. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by shake He's Pizza Parler, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast.
Speaker 6: When it's game night, is Group Knight at Shakey's dot Com. Lean, you have to first pitch.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim Katson's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: Longo Cassino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball lead.
Speaker 1: You have to Dodgers and Mets on this Tuesday, nine, game two of this four game set.
Speaker 6: First pitch in seventeen.
Speaker 2: And now before the Dodgers hit the dinck, we look at the pitching match.
Speaker 1: He's hitting bout your Southern California Toyota dealers. Work hard and play hard in a New Tacomo with an I Force Turbo charts engine. It's a truck built for the bold. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Tyler McGill out of Low Salo Medos on the mound, twenty nine year old right hand or fifth season the Big League's four and fourth to three point fifty two r ray, making his twelve start this season. It's been a tail of two months. April, he had a one to seventy three ERRA. In the month of May, he had er eight near six. Last time out, five and two third innings, two runs, four hit, six strikeouts, four walks in a win over the White Sox, making his fourth career start against the Dodgers, second at Dodger Stadium. In the three previous starts, a three to eighteen RORA with nineteen strikeouts. Number twenty two Eton Kershaw on the mound for the Dodgers, still and seeking his first win here in twenty twenty five, sitting on two hundred and twelve career wins, a career two fifty one ERA twy nine hundred and seventy four career strikeouts twenty six shy from three thousand in his career.
Speaker 6: Making his fourth start.
Speaker 1: Last time out, five innings, one run, six hits, left the game with the lead in Cleveland last Wednesday, but the Dodgers couldn't hang on and he got a no decision. He faced the Mets about thirteen days ago in New York. Two innings against the New York Mets, but the game and then had a rain delay and he didn't come back. He has eleven to zero against the Mets in his career. Dominant too Eerray with two complete game shutouts against him. Clayton Kershaw, Tyler McGill. Dodgers and Mets were fifteen minutes away for first pitch.
Speaker 6: Keys to the game.
Speaker 1: Our next, I'm Tim Kasey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio North.
Speaker 2: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 1: It's the Dodgers and the Mets Game two. This four game set with the boys in Blue play at home. It's important they have the right plan to protect their house, just like you need a plan at your house. Before set up a campfire, make sure to get a permit from CalFire and check local restrictions. No how to properly set up a campfire and extinguish it using the drownster and field method. Always have a water supply and shovel nearby to extinguish your campfire. For more about these tips and to find out others, visit fire Dot ca a dot go back out to the booth.
Speaker 6: Tim never Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 9: Tim, thanks again.
Speaker 4: Clayton Kershaw gets the nod tonight.
Speaker 9: And if you're looking for a key to the game for the Dodgers, it score four runs while Kershaw's in the game. Let's give you some numbers on that. Over the course of his career during the regular season, Kershaw.
Speaker 4: Is one fifty two and three.
Speaker 9: When he gets four runs of support, and the team is one seventy one and thirteen.
Speaker 7: Yeah, not bad numbers, are they?
Speaker 5: Thanks?
Speaker 7: You look at him and say, is this a misprint?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 7: The Dodgers also have to figure out Tyler McGill, who's going to start for the Mets, And one thing to do layoff that fastball in particular up the last two years, just a one to fifty nine batting average against on that high fastball. And he throws that heater a lot. In fact, if you look this year so far, sixty four percent of his pitches have been the heater. But make sure it's in the right place in the zone if you're going to offer.
Speaker 9: Max Montsey has had success against todder McGill, hitting eight hundred against him, currently four for five with a home run and three walks, and Muncie hitting three point fifty seven over his last five games. That could be a key matchup to watch in this one tonight game two Dodgers and the Mets, Toyler McGill for the Mets and Clayton Kershaw for the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Tim all right, first, bitches next and join everybody Clayton Kershaw in search of his first win of the season.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Kats.
Speaker 1: This has been Rongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network