Speaker 1: Five o five.
Speaker 2: At fifty five k r C the talk station Friday.
Speaker 3: Say will.
Speaker 4: It is a vacation.
Speaker 1: It is in a big woohoo for Friday, and a very happy one to you. Brian Thomas here, host of the fifty five KRSE Morning Show. Joe Trucker, Executive produced to the program. Appreciate him being here as I always do, and I always look forward to Fridays, and for no other reason it's Friday. But beyond that, Tech Friday, Uh, China planning influence people through TikTok Oh shocking that I got a story here in Iran is doing the same thing, not through TikTok on its own advertisers have sued Meta for seven billion dollars in damages and Ferrari Ceo almost a victim of identity theeve. I think that story goes back quite a few weeks, remember reading about that one. We'll get the details from Tech Friday's day Hatter at six thirty, as we do every Friday. FOP President Dan Hills outspoken with regard to the fop's endorsement of Greg Lansman over Orlando Sanza. He's going to join the program at seven oh five event his Spleen. I imagine anyway, it was good seeing Dan at listener lunch. He's made a special show and just to stop in and pad Orlando on the back and apologize for the fop's error in endorsing Greg Lansman Tom Rankman about using railroad money for tax cuts. I just kind of reacted to that, kind of negatively. Sell the railroad one point six billion dollars, and they obviously sold the bill of Goods to the voters of the City of Cincinnati who approved it. That railroad now is supposed to generate revenue for infrastructure, and immediately Tom wants to take six hundred million dollars out of it and put it in a step for fun to help City of Cincinnati residents pay for real estate tax Huh okay, I know it's a problem. I'm not saying real estate taxes aren't high, and inflation, you know, coupled with it, is really causing a lot of problems for folks. But well, we'll work out the details with Tom. Toms joined the program NATO five, and I'm welcome him to do that. Let us see here five on three seven four nine fifty five eight hundred eight two three talko with pound five fifty on AT and T Funds for care to call, I'd love to hear from you, and I may as well just die lots just observing the growing chorus of folks within the mainstream media across the spectrum, from CNN and all the way over to the Wall Street Journal everything else in between. What in the hell is going on with Kamala Harris? Who is she? What is she all about? What is she actually going to campaign on? What's her foreign policy strategy? You don't know in neither to what, and of course that's by design. God, you know. I wish the American people would express more outrage over this. I mean I have been speculating and wondering out loud. Why what goes through Democrats' minds when they have no say in the choice of their candidate? Is this an acceptable process? The whole thing related to Kamala Harris now being the nominee for president of the United States of America without any input from the constituents at all. That's bad, of course, and her folks got the chair they always do. I mean, it's not like the necessarily that people might have any saying the vice presidential choice although if they had a convention or a nomination process they might, But you got Timmy now and the uber left ticket based upon voting records. You gotta go back and see what they said about policy positions, what they voted on the past, how they did, for example, as governor in the state. And while the financial train wreck that is that state, the money that they've lost, the taxes they've increased, the fraud, waste and abuse that went on, the lockdowns during COVID, we can all see that Tim Watt's got a record that he has to run on or hide from. Same thing with Kamala Harris in favor of all of the main issues, the main issues that are impacting the American people, like, for example, just grab one of the border on the wrong side of the American public sentiment with regard to the border being wide open and causing us a bit of a threat, a concern of her terrorism resources being used and absorbed and exhausted as a consequence of having to care for just this unmanageable number of folks coming across the border. She was on and remained on the side of having an open border was her baby, It was her darling. You can say all day long, she wasn't in charge of it.
Speaker 3: She was.
Speaker 1: Unless you're such a low information person that you have no idea throughout the entire Biden ministry what's going on at all. You weren't paying attention when Joe Biden anointed her as being responsible for the border. You were watching Netflix, you didn't know about it. Well, now it's the time to pay attention, because she was and she remained the borders are call it what you want. That was something that she was put, you know, was her responsibility. She's on record of wanting to ban fracking. Now they're trying to walk back a lot of this. I get all that, but she's on record, and she's not on record now because she won't talk to anybody. What are we on day nineteen or something like that. We only have a finite a very small number of days left before the election, and she continues to hide and run this, you know, Joe Biden from the basement COVID nineteen strategy of campaigning. And now we're all left to speculate. More and more people are saying, what's the hell's the deal here? Maybe we'll be able to get to it later. Kim Strassel, choose your her own. Kamala, she's been compared to John Kerry, but he was relatively honest. He was a relatively honest flip flopper. We're left to guess, Kamala Harris, mystery commander in chief? How would the president keep America safe in a dangerous world? Voters deserve some editor some answers again headline from the editorial Word to the Wall Street Journal, and they all post. They go into the point that we're all just left to speculate. We don't know what the hell she is. Her surrogate says she's something other than what her policy position stated out loud, were going back as far as twenty nineteen or even prior to that. That's what she said, that's what she avowted, and that's what she was in favor of. Now, since we reject as a matter of prioritization of what matters to us the American voters numero uno on our list, like the inflation and the border and crime and all of that. Now she's got to walk all that back because she's on the wrong side of what America once. But she hasn't said it herself, so we don't know cosmic crapshoot, and you're gonna get away with this. Wouldn't you want to know what your candidate is running on? I mean again, I keep trying to put myself in the position of a Democrat who is, you know, embraces the idea of anything but Donald Trump. But is that good enough for you, my Democrat friends, it's certainly not good enough for me. I'd like to know what the candidate stands for. I can speculate because of what she uttered out loud, in her own words, and I'm more inclined to well take her at her own words than what some surrogate says through some filter. I think you should be too. So anyhow, we're all left to guess. But the chorus of folks within the media at least is, you know, pointing this out. And it's nice to see the likes of something like CNN do that, because we all know CNN is basically one of the most left wing organizations out there. Although maybe they're shifting right because the ratings are so terrible and they're losing so much money. I don't know. Maybe they can try to rehabilitate themselves over time, but it is going to take a lot of time. Drum beat is growing. CNN panel warns longer Harris Waltz Duck interviews, the more scared they look. How about that their strategy will only receive more scrutiny and backlash as time passes. It's interesting, hottest Gold, CNN media correspondent. The drum beat is growing, and it's a drum beat not only from the Trump campaign who's going to keep up this attack line, but it's also coming from reporters themselves, she said. The veteran former righte House correspondent Ron Fournier said that every day she doesn't talk to the media, it's what he called political malpractice, and we're going to hear this drum beat growing more and more until she does finally sit down for an interview and for right now. So it's an easy attack line for the Trump campaign to use. Well, of course they're using it. Fournier, worked for the Associated Press, said, if not good for democracy, it's not a great look actings. If you don't need the media, you don't care about her answering these questions that you're above it, that you can ride on vibes, you know, and that they're riding on vibes, and I get that this is a very truncated campaign. They've had to do everything very quickly. That's se cup in terms of sitting down reporters, but they need to do it. These don't have to be fatal questions, but they need to answer for that, and they need to show that they're tough enough to do that. Tough enough just to answer questions. God Almighty, that's the role of a politician. The longer they take to sit down, the more scared they look. A sea cup, So you got again. I'm glad to see the growing chorus. I want to see a louder one. I want to see what Kamala Harris actually stands for, and of course how Waltz answers for his record, which is not going to be an easy task for the vice presidential candidate. Five three seventy eight hundred and two to three. TALKO with Pound five fifty on eight and T phones. If you'd like to call. I would love to hear from you. And you got something else on your mind, I'd like to talk about today. But I do think you should get in touch with Chimneycare, Fireplace and Stove. It's easy to do. Go to Chimneycareco dot Com scheduled appointment and around since nineteen eighty eight, a plus of the Better Business Bureau. Get in touch with your safety right now because you're not using your fireplace. Obviously it's a bit warm out there, so take care of Maybe you've been putting off the idea of getting a free standing stove, You're like, I've been wanting one of those for years. Perfect time to have one installed. Fireplace inserts same thing. I really do encourage the fireplace inserts. Not only are they gorgeous to look at, they do improve the efficiency of your fireplace. And when you see what's available out there in terms of inserts, a huge selection located at the showroom Shimney Care Fireplace and Stove located at four thirteen Wards Corner Road and as far as you can get things installed right now, but also have your chimney inspected. You've already got a fireplace, free standing stove, selfening, wood waste pellet stove, gas or woodburner. Get them over to your place. Make sure the it's flowing correctly, no carbon monoxide issues, no water damage inside your fireplace, which some people might have and they don't know about it relining. They do that if your chimney lining has been cracked, and of course chimneys sweeping the whole nine yards. They take care of everything and dry events. It's important to have your drive event cleaned out. If you can't remember the last time it's been cleaned out, trust me, it needs to be cleaned out. It's amazing how quickly these events get clogged, and then that increases your drying time, ergo more expensive to dry your clothes than it all is. So also can be a fire hazard. So that's event right there. You need to vent that out safety right now. Five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six hundred again online at chimneycareco dot com. Fifty five car the talk station iHeartRadio.
Speaker 5: Olympics Update US sprinter Noah Lyles finished third of the event's two hundred.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Jay Ratler podcast Jay Ratlif He's on the program every Thursday. Fund the podcast Pay for about Care Sea dot com. You's rider our media app wire There listen wherever you happen to be. I Tell You.
Speaker 6: Kills.
Speaker 1: Also the podcast My Conversation with Orlando Sounds Sure year's your vote against Greg Landsman and a far far far superior candidate hamt Coundy prosecuting Melissa Melissa Powers on bonds, as well as the need to get Hurt elected in November as well fifty five care Sea dot com. It is tech Friday coming up, and here's some frightening reality. And this is something that I've certainly been at least in the back of my mind aware of going on. Okay, we got the Internet, We're all connected globally, and of course that means nefarious people like the Iranians, the Russians, North Koreans, anybody who dislikes as Venezuelans, the list is growing, have access to trying to influence you. And this is one of the reasons why you want to stay off TikTok because a social media influencing operation Iran is apparently ramping up its online activity to influence the upcoming US election. Shocking no one. Apparently, Iranian actors have been spending recent months creating fake news sites, impersonating activists, laying the groundwork to stoke division and sway Americans for the fall election. Stoking division beyond the election is something that they have been doing, I am certain now for years, how do we get so am divided in this country? If social media didn't exist, do you think we'd all be screaming about bathrooms and access to bathrooms? There would be this massive outrage and outpouring of support for all these different, wild and very weird causes, which you know probably wouldn't be elevated anybody's measure attention, because well, if you look at the number of people let's just say trans people and listen, you want to be a trans, knock yourself out. Just don't shove your ideology and your mentality down my throat, and Nique tell me that I have to accept it's just because someone says there are a woman makes them a woman. No, it just means that they dress and act like one, as long as the emotive dress between the sexes varies and at such point in time. And I love the joke about this. You know, if we were all issued, you know, the olive drab, gray cameer rouge type pajama outfits and all had the same haircut, all of the cameo rouge, you couldn't tell the difference between a man and a woman. That's the point. But it becomes elevated through social media to the point where you think that everybody around you is with falling within that category. And of course the one size and narrative that everybody needs to abide and yeah that listen. Absence social media, I don't think that would be even existing. But then you've got this opportunity here from the various powers outside of the United States to create and stoke division. Look at the racial division.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: We made such progress in our country over the years. Yes, we had terrible laws on the books, Jim Crow laws, slavery in and of itself an abomination. We don't have that anymore. We developed, we eve alved, We became a better country, a racially integrated country. I've worked with people of various ethnicities my entire life, my entire life. There have been governors and senators and representatives of various ethnic groups and various religions. It doesn't even there isn't even an eyebrow raised anymore in connection with that. That's why it's it's just irrelevant what color Kamala Harris's skin is, in spite of the fact that the Democrats want to make a big deal about it. Content of character is what's important. That's why I go back to what in the hell's Kamala Harris's character? What is she running on? But this report from Microsoft about these threats show how iron is evolving in its tactics for this upcoming election. It's going to have global implication before it goes a step beyond anything. US intelligence officials have disclosed. While getting specific examples of Iranian groups and the actions they've taken so far, they say the report doesn't specify Iran's intentions. Besides showing chaos in the United States, US officials have previously hinted that Iran particularly opposes who do you think right? Donald Trump? Port also shows how Russia and China are exporting US political polarization to events their own devisive messaging in this election year. They got a group linked to Iranian's Revolutionary Guard in June targeting US high ranking presidential campaign official with a phishing email. Group concealed the email's origins, sending it from the hacked email account of a former senior advisor in this political organization unnamed in the report, although I'm going to guess it was Trump. Separate example, they're creating websites that pose as US based news sites targeting voters on opposite sides of the political spectrum. One lends itself to left leaning audiences, insults Trump, calling him raving mad, and suggesting he uses drugs. One third example, Microsoft found the Iranian groups are impersonating US activists, potentially laying groundwork for influence operations closer to the election. And finally, another Iranian group compromised an account back in May owned by a government employee in a swing state. Now Ron denies this, as you imagine they would, but it's easy to do, and then using artificial intelligence makes it that much easier. Cheap, easy access to this artificial intelligence tool allows them to generate fake images that are indeed lifelike photos, videos in a matter of seconds. Experts concerned that they'll be weaponizing and misleading voters coming up in the election side of well, you won't be able to believe your own eyes or ears. This is why it's so important to be so critical in your thinking when it comes to what you read online. I got people sending me memes of you know, conservative leaning memes, and they make assertions and then I'll go do research and find out, Now that's a lie, and then I have to get back on them and say, did you even look into this before you send it out? The response is and now I just passed it along. Sorry I didn't realize it was fake. Five twenty seven fifty five krs DE talk station local stories coming up, alternatively phone calls. And then we'll do the stack of stupid absent phone calls. And here's a recommendation. Get in touch with plump tight plumbing. It's always plumbing done right. They'll take great care of your residential plumbing needs. The plumbers are plumb tight, will be there on time. They'll let you know when they're on their way, which I love. I'll be there in fifteen minutes, taking the guest work out of the window. The mission to provide you with a truly exceptional customer experience. They will do that because they have great plumbers who are greater customer service, arriving on time and quoting you fair and ethical pricing on any plumbing job, no matter how big or small. Got a faucet leak, no problem. Toilet needs to be resealed or seated, no problem. Leaky pipes, water heaters, basement's flooded, it's backed up. Some pump needs to be replaced. You got it? Any kind of plumbing problem for residential plumbing the greater Cincinnati area including Dayton and Kentucky, at least the Greater Cincinnati area generally speaking online plumb tight, t i TE plump tight dot com five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three. That's five one three seven two seven tight fifty five KRC dot Com.
Speaker 8: From the team behind Atlanta Monster at sunny Day to day.
Speaker 1: Eighty five overnight clear and fifty eight seventy nine with sunny skies. Tomorrow overnight sixty with clear skies and a sunny Sunday with a high of eighty one seventy one. Right now for the good KARCB Talks DAS five thirty one Happy Friday Local stories Going to Loveland to start off my Lovely Loveland where, sadly Loveland Police Department believes car break ins over the last month could be linked to an organized group. Sixteen thefts reporting on the same day at the river Ridge of Farming Complex over night July twenty eighth and twenty ninth. Residents in nearby areas also hit Court to Loveland resident Craigroff, speaking with Fox nineteen thanks for the reporting. Ali Henderd said, I saw a bunch of windows just broken and I was like, Oh, somebody came through the parking lote just ransacked everybody. Officers say more than thirty cars were broken into. The two were stolen in one night in Loveland and neighboring jurisdictions. They believe that these are using stolen vehicles. Jundai A Lantras stolen from the Extended Stay Blue Ash on the twenty eighth of July, six vehicles broken into the Extended Stay on Creek Road. Twenty ninth of July, fourteen vehicles broken into at the Ambassador Embassy Suites on Lake Forest Drive. Six grand was taken from one vehicle. Five vehicles broken into and suffered damage to the courtyard in on Lake Forest Drive. August seventh, more than a dozen vehicles are broken into a various other municipalities. On August second, Fox nineteen reached out to management the River Ridge Apartment complex. They declined to Comma and Blue Ash Police say all jurisdictions in Heimlin County are working together to investigate the crime spree. Loveland police say there's been no arrests and they haven't identified any suspects. I'm surprised they don't have video camera in that. Maybe they do. City Milford announced yesterday that as city manager was resigning Michael DAWs that he was resigning due to personal reasons. A statement city said it would be appointing an interim manager within the coming days and didn't expect any interruption in city services. No other information on the WYS and wearforce on that one. You may recall this on baseball fan depicted in a viral videos and photographs no longer facing criminal charges for running onto the field of Great American Ballpark and doing a backflip before being hit by a taser from a police officer. Nineteen year old William Hendon captured on video by professional sports photographers that of course, went viral. He can be seen running under the outfield, appearing to take a Cleveland Guardians player, talking to a Cleveland Guardians player, and doing a backflip before being chased and eventually tased. A fan of the outfield said Hendon ran onto the field in a Red's jersey and appeared to try to fist bump a Guardians player, taking the justice center, booked in within the hour, pleated not guilty the charge of criminal trespassing and obstructing official business. Those charges have now been dropped hend in order to instead complete a diversion program, which prosecutors say he's already done. He is still banned from Great American Bar Park, though sophomore at Ohio State University and grandson a former Hammond County Juvenile Court judge Sylvia Hendon, I know her and finally controversial, let's see here. In the wake of the judges ruling on Ohio legislation considered anti trans my most advocate, some families with transgender cheens are now planning on moving out of the state. Ruling on tuesday, State's law banning gender affirming care for transgender youth went into effect. The legislation prohibits trans athletes from prohibit are participating in middle, high school, or college athletics on teams that align with their identity. Franklin County Court come please. Judge Michael Hobook ruled that House Bill sixty eight is in fact institutional, said in his decision, upon careful reviewing consideration of the evidence, court finds a healthcare ban reasonably limits parents' rights to make decision about their children's medical care consistent with the state's deeply rooted legitimate interest in the regulation of the medical profession and medical treatments. Apparently, the legislation prevents LBGTQ plus minors from accessing what they call care hormone blockers hormone replacement therapy meant in some mental health service. Proponents of the legislation tout it as a parental rights bill, And there you go. Five point thirty five, coming up a five thirty six here fifty five care ce DE talk station. Get in touch with Prestige Interiors Prestige one two three dot com. That's the website, Prestge one two three dot com. You reason you want to do that is because John Ryan is the man you're going to be talking to, and he's the man that's going to help you out with your kitchen and modeling project, big or small, anything in between, from just simple cabinet replacement and or countertop replacement to the full got start from scratch that we went with and we hired John to do our kitchen modeling and it all worked out great. Got great ideas with so many years in a kitchen design business like more than thirty thirty five, I think closer to h and doing almost exclusively kitchens. Trust me, he has seen it all, been there, done that, and has great ideas your true partner in your kitchen modeling process from initial design to final installation. A plus with better business feer, you can count on John. I know we certainly appreciate what he did for us. The website again Prestige one two three dot com the number five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two.
Speaker 9: Two nine fifty five KRC the talk station we mus be Friday.
Speaker 1: Of course it is five point forty and maybe got some good plans going on this week and I hope so always inspired by Friday and just the hope of the weekend because you don't have to work at least I don't, uh, Joe Stracker, you may as well get the ward out because this one is got bio built up in the back of my throat. Described as a sick oh celebrity zoologist admitted to torturing, raping and killing dozens of dogs, now sentenced in Australia more than ten years in prison. Adam Robert Cordon Britton How's that worked as a crocodile expert for the BBC and National Geographic also sentenced for possessing and transmitting the worst category of child sexual abuse material. Accord to the Northern Territories Chief Justice Michael Grant, speaking with this pervert at his sentencing, your depravity falls out any ordinary human conception. Society used violence and cruelty to animals as abhorrent crime towards a powerless and innocent victim. There is legitimate disgust and condemnation. British born zoologists who worked at the work with David Attenborough on the BBC earlier plead guilty of fifty six charges related to the torture and sexual exploitation of more than forty two dogs on his property. At least thirty nine were killed. Sentence includes a ban from owning or even having on his property I mammal type animals for the rest of his life. The torture sessions were planned and filmed and would not have stopped if he had not been arrested at cord to the judge during sentencing, calling it grotesque. The suffering of these animals was indescribable. The judge said animal advocates were demonstrating outside the court holding signs calling Britain the Zeus sadist and while members of the gallery sometimes sobbed over the excrus excrusiing eatingly graphic details of the abuse. As well as pleading guilty, Britain wrote a letter of the court apologized for the abuse. No amount of words can convey how sorry and ashamed I am, nor undo what I did? Oh okay, so you're sorry now. Britain extensively filmed his abuse, shared some of the videos online to forums to teach and encourage others to commit similar acts. According to officials, a psychiatrists found Britain had a paraphilic disorder. They determined he knew his actions were wrong, so, in other words, he wasn't crazy when he did it. Joe let him have it.
Speaker 6: Perio is the biggest douche of the universe, in all the galaxies, there's no bigger douche than you.
Speaker 1: You've reached the top, the pinnacle.
Speaker 6: Of hushed, the good going dudes, Your dreams have come true.
Speaker 1: Moving away from that, it is Friday, so let's get a naked story in twenty seven year old man facing charge in New Hampshire, New Hartford, New York, after police reported he entered it occupied homes plural whound naked new heart for police department officers, yeah, I know. Respond of The incident took place on August fourth, four pm on May Avenue. Corey Matthews confronted by the homeowner and told to leave. Accord to the statement of the release, Matthews then was seen by other neighbors in the area attempting to gain access to other residences in the neighborhood. Witnesses reported officers they saw him behind the house just a few houses from the house he unlawfully entered. Officers noted an open back door of a neighbor's residence. They said it was learned that the homeowners were not home and that Matthews had unlawfully entered the residence where he was found taking a shower. That's the house where he was arrested. Identified as the same person who entered the other residents residence. Matthew charge now with two counts of criminal trespass. According to the statement did in New York state bail reform, the charges fout at this time are not qualifying offenses for Matthews to be held on bail. What by now? Mister Matthews was issued issued clothing upon release with appearance tickets to appear in the Town of New Hartford Local Criminal Court at a later day to answer these multiple charges. By forty five. I five care see the talk station. Melissa Powers probably would have posted that one up on that Facebook page. Joe more naked than the stack of stupid coming up. Alternatively, you can feel free to call love to hear from you. In the meantime. Emory Federal Credit Union celebrating eighty five years since they first opened the doors back in nineteen thirty nine. Celebrating all the history and accomplishments of the organization. They are offering special discounts as well as public events. You're not going to want to miss it. You want to go to EMORYFCU dot org check it out regularly. AC is right now, here's something you can check out immediately in celebration of this milestone. Boost your savings deposit with a certificate rate as high as five point two percent for six months. Congratulations Emory Federal Credit Union. Thanks, that's great. Rate five point two for six months. Restrictions apply. It's a lot of time offers, so go to EMORYFCU dot org to learn about the details on this offer, the ones that are coming down the road, and the benefits of banking with Emery. NMLS number four zero one zero eight seven federally insured by NCUA. They are an equal housing lender.
Speaker 10: Fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio Station, the exclusive audio home on NBC's coverage of the twenty twenty four Paras Olympics.
Speaker 9: We need your help to protect you five to fifty If it about KARRC media talk stations, check Friday.
Speaker 1: The Dave hatter I mentioned earlier Iranian's efforts to impact the United States election against Donald Trump. Of course, China planning on influencing people through TikTok. That's one of the topics we'll talk about a day of coming up at six thirty meantime. Back over to the stack of stupid, which, of course being Friday includes naked people. Battery suspect arrested after a naked woman found in his mom's home. Mitchardo Junior, Read of Orlando, facing charge of felony battery after his arrest on July thirty first at his mom's home. Officers suspicious when they arrived at home that morning and found clothes in the driveway with an odor of bleach. That's according to the rest report from the Ladylake Police Department. Read said he was visiting his mom, though she was not home. Addressed to the residence was redacted from the arrest report. Though he admitted that there was a young female his words inside the home, he claimed nothing had happened. Officers found the home in disarray and a woman in the bathroom with no clothes on or even a towel. Female officer gave the woman a town immediately noticed raised welts on the woman's shoulder, and they noticed that she was scared and crying. The woman acknowledged that she and Reid have a child together, baby Mama. Reid arrested on charge of battery. Booked into Lake County Jail, released after a five thousand dollars bond was posted. Walk Away Hillsborough County Detention Deputy This is Tampa, Florida in jail after being caught watching unauthorized surveillance video of naked female inmates. Between May fifteenth and June ninth, Robert Creole Junior watch video footage. What the female inmates who were naked. According to the Sheriff's office, the instances were reportedly outside of his assigned responsibility at the detention as a detention deputy, the access to videos without valid legal purpose and repeatedly rewhoeund them to rewatch the footage. You think he would get deliberate penalties, Joe, I think that's what was going on. Caught on June eleven, placed an administrative leave the next day. He was arrested August second, and will be terminated from his position. Sheriff there said the behavior is a gross violation of trust in an overstep of access that would not be tolerated as man's actions are a disgrace to the badge, exploiting his position to pray on individuals in vulnerable situations. Charged with eleven counts of engaging in audio video surveillance by access in computer and electronics without authority, being held on a twenty seven thousand, five hundred dollars bond. What Yeah tell me about it? Man accused of hiking naked in Colorado, exposing himself to women of a period of several months in Jefferson County has pleaded guilty to three counts. Court records reflect Glenn Brayden, twenty one years older, rested in August of last year charges related incidents that occurred along trails in Jefferson County. Several women reported the man, later identified as braid and slapped their butts. One of the women reported that he slapped the butt doing that and then try to rip her shirt down. He pleaded guilty to one kind of attempted sexual contact felony, one kind of sexual contact felony, one kind of indecent exposure mister me, fourteen other counts dismissed as part of the plea agreement. After being arrested, he agreed to speak with investigators. Said he typically hiked around dusk on Mondays and Tuesdays, which were his days off from work. He mentioned that he liked to hike in the parks where the incidents occurred and would purposely expose himself to women. He admitted the woman reacted with disgust, but said he felt compelled to commit these sexual acts and could not help his compulsion. Right, it's doing idiot things because.
Speaker 3: That is I.
Speaker 1: Let's see here, it's just a question of which naked story I go with there In the end, Let's go to Racine, Wisconsin children's birthday party had a very unwelcome and naked guest, leading to a pair of criminal charges fought against a twenty five year old Racine man, Jalen mc McCarry, charged with felony bail jumping, a misdemeanor lout and lascivious behavior, carring a maximum prison term sentence of six years and a ten thousand dollars fine. Remains in custody in the Racing County Jail on a one hundred dollars cash bond. He remained. Officers with the Racing Police Department were dispatched July twenty first, about two o'clock in the afternoon for report of the naked guy that got there. Found the defendant sitting on a rock with shorts and his shirt on. When he was asked what he was doing, he said he was swimming naked. Police spoke to the complaintant, who stated that he and his family, including children ages nine to thirteen, were having a birthday party near the water. They observed the defendant walk toward the water take his clothes off. He got into the water was looking at the complaint and his family, which the man said made him feel very uncomfortable. Man said he was able to see mccarrey's genitals while he was standing and swimming in the water. Court record show this guy was convicted in twenty eighteen a third degree sexual assault and battery by a prisoner in twenty twenty, both in Racing County. Coming up in five fifty six fifty five cares to the detalk station to stick around. We're to talk about in the top of the hour and then Tech Friday with Dave Hadter at six thirty. I'll be right back.
Speaker 9: It's the biggest news and trending news events come around the world.
Speaker 10: At the top end and bottom of the hour. This is fifty five KR scene the talk stations.
Speaker 1: Six fifty about dar ce De talk station happen Friday, tu Tech Credit MC Dave had are coming up, John influencing people through TikTok for the election, advertisers suing Meta for seven billion dollars in damages, and Ferrari Ceo almost the victim of identity theftos. We'll be talking about with Day at the bottom of the hour. One hour from now at the former FOP president Dan hills Uh is going to invent his spleen. I do believe outspoken critic of his prior organization, the Fraternal Order Police, over their endorsement of Greg Landsman Orlando Sonza. Obviously the superior candidate, Dan Hills, be speaking about that coming up in an hour two hours from now. Tom Brent, I'm about using a railroad money to help pay for real estate taxes for the City of Cincinnati residence. Still scratching my head over that, but that's where we get Tom to talk about it. So looking forward to hearing what he has to say about that. You can also call it love hearing from U five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk or pound five fifty on AT and T phone mentioned the last hour of the growing chorus of people wondering who in the hell Kamala Harris is and what she stands for, given that all of her prior stated out loud on the record position seem to be being walked back by not her but members of her staff. She only speaks reading from a teleprompter. She does not take impromptu interviews. She will not answer questions were allowing I think day nineteen of that, although I do see she is apparently agreed to debate Donald Trump the ABC debate on September tenth. Now, Donald Trump wanted to do three of them, he said, Fox News September fourth, ABC September tenth, and NBC September twenty fifth. Word from that Kamala Harris campaign that she's only agreed thus far to the ABC September tenth. Do we have to wait till September tenth to find out what the hell she's all about? Is she going to talk about what she's about at the convention? Good question? Don't know, but more people are asking. I mean, when CNN starts saying the drumbeat is growing and warning that they look scared by ducking interviews, the more likely that she's going to have to come out of her shell. But in the meantime, choose your own, Kamala. That's the headline from Kimberly Strassel. Just worth pointing out a few things that Kimberly noted here today in the Wall Street. We know she's from San Francisco. She was a prosecutor there, with the Senate voting record and twenty twenty presidential bid, during which time in those various points of her career, she proposed radical progressive agenda items. So that's her record. She spent the past four years as a partner to Joe Biden, who at least officially still disavow some of the radical policies. But how would President Harris govern? Don't know. She's not saying again, no longer speaks impromptu. That's when you used to get the cackling comments and the word salad comments, because that's what she did when she's not reading from a teleprompter and through spokespeople just issuing backtracks on her prior on the record policy position. So is she still left wing Kamala Harris? Is she faking a pivot? Is she a reformed Kamala Harris?
Speaker 7: Question?
Speaker 1: You decide, because she's not saying she was the first senator co sponsor Bernie Sanders' Medicare for All plan. That's on the record from twenty seventeen. She wanted to eliminate private insurance. Back in twenty nineteen, she was on the record of saying that out loud, then backtracked on that, then readopted it in a Democratic debate, and then backtracked again, then apparently issued a hybrid approach, which, at least, according to chim Strass's analysis, blew up her can paign back in twenty twenty, when she stepped down because no single person would vote for her. Where is she now? Campaign officials vaguely explained that she no longer supports single pair, But that's a vague explanation, not from Kamala Harris's lips, put from people that are her surrogates. What does that mean? Which she has promised in twenty nineteen create a system which private insurers can cover in her words, very little or is that not that is not otherwise covered by medicare? Because almost everything will be covered by government, she uttered previously in her own words. What's she telling you now? Her surrogates suggests again she no longer supports single pair, But we don't know what hybrid approach or whether she is really lying, or what banning fracking that's on the record. There's no question I'm in favor of banning fracking day one priority. That was twenty nineteen, back when she had to well drop out of the campaign because no one was in favor of Kamala Harris. She wanted to eliminate it. On public lands as well as and offshore drilling, and act further legislation to well kill anything on private land. You know that's common. A spokesperson. A spokes person now generically says she no longer wants to banfracking, how much any certain categories federal land only private land is she?
Speaker 3: Where?
Speaker 1: Where is she in terms of well the automobile sector and stopping internal combustion engines. Where is she on the moratorium unliquefied natural gas exports?
Speaker 7: You have to guess.
Speaker 1: Because you don't know on the record. Back in twenty nineteen, she co sponsored the Green New Deal and the promise of federal jobs guarantee. Campaign staff say now she's changed her position. Where is she un confiscating guns through a mandatory gun buyback? She previously was out in favor of buying back all guns. Now, according to her campaign staff, not Kamala Harris, even speaking from a teleprompter, says she's not in favor of doing a buy back anymore. She once was in favor of reimagining, getting rid of immigrations and customs enforcement, saying once that we needed to think about starting from scratch. Now through campaign staff, they suggest not her that she's no longer in favor of abolishing ice or starting from scratch. So here we are left to wonder out loud. Where is she on the guns, Where is she on the border, Where is she relative to ice? Where is she relative to fracking?
Speaker 3: You don't know.
Speaker 1: I love this line. And again I am not dreading for badam. By just reading some of the points that Kim Strassel made, it is miss Harris firmly held conviction that every voter deserves to wonder, and as Kim notes, the positions that she is onto the record didn't come from like I remember. Remember, Shapiro got in trouble from a college paper that wrote back when he was twenty years old about Israel and the inability of Israel to work with Palestinians, or the inability of Palestinians to work with Israel. They couldn't peacefully coexist. He got a little bit of trouble with that one. I don't know why, but he wrote that back in his twenties. As Kim observes, these positions of Kamala Harris which are on the record were her views five years ago when she was servant in the US Senate. Now her surrogates are saying that she is something else and that the she's disavowing these position That massive shift itself requires explanation. Has she had an epiphany? Kim asked, has she been inhabited by an alien? Or our voters being asked to elect a woman who, in her third decade in the political arena, has yet to decide what she thinks about the most pressing policy questions of the day. Kim doesn't leave the hanging, of course not, She writes, this is deliberate evasion. Obviously she had Joe Biden as attemplate because back in COVID he was able to run his campaign out of his basement. Never emerging. Allowed them to control the message. It allowed them to hide Joe Biden in a deteriorating cognitive ability. They were lying to you. You were told what Biden was, the moderate great, you know, handshaker, he reaches across the aisles. He's good, old solid Joe Biden, moderate, Joe Biden blah blah blah blah blah. Biden didn't say that. They said it for him because he was in the basement. This is exactly what's going on with the Kamala Harris campaign. They're calling it her Kim calls it the teleprompter campaign, every word scripted and rather nebulous themes of freedom, the future, her words, I'm running to fight for in America where the economy works for working people and where hard work is rewarded, because that's the America I believe in. Props again to Kim, said every politician ever. And yet she's not answering any questions directly, she's not offering any interviews. She is no not acknowledging her past four years. There's nothing, You've got nothing ergo. You get to choose your own version of what Kamala Harris is or is not, as the case may be. So what are we left with? Exactly what I've been saying, What we're left with. We know who Kamala Harris is. Actually, that is what her record is. It is what she advanced by way of actual policies when she was in a position to actually advance policies as a senator, far left agenda policies.
Speaker 3: You know it.
Speaker 1: They can hide from it, they can't deny it. And if you think she's had an epiphany, is now going to be the actual Joe Biden that you thought you voted for I got a bridge. I gotta sell you five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight two three talk five fifty on AT and T phone. Zero res Carpet Cleaning zero sinsi dot COM's where you find them online, where you get him. You pay for two rooms, you get two free Bogo Buy one get one. That's coupon code for the buy one get one uh and actually it's by two get to if you think about it. So pay for two rooms of carpet cleaning, you get two rooms for free. That is the back to school Bogo sale and it is UH in effect right now. So head on over to the website zero res sincy with an I and you can easily schedule your appointment right there and get those two rooms clean for free when you pay for two. What a great deal that is. And they use that patented Zra water, so no residue at all. The other guys use chemicals and harsh detergents, and there's always a residue left over and that attracts dirt. So get your carpets insanely clean. And Zeros like to say with the Zeros water, which is again patented. So zeros Sinsey dot com to schedule appointment or call them up five one three four sixty three fifty four forty five mentioned my name, Brian Thomas. You get the two rooms clean for free when you buy two five one three four six three fifty four forty.
Speaker 8: Five fifty five KRC iHeartRadio Olympics.
Speaker 1: Six twenty one fifty five KRC Thecox station. Come up for the next segment, Check Fridy with Dave Hatter.
Speaker 7: David.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's as decided about it as I am, and I'm excited to talk to Kevin, who's kind of enough to call this morning. Kevin, Happy Friday to you, Thanks for calling the show.
Speaker 7: Hey, good morning, Brian. I'm a betting man.
Speaker 11: I bet more than half of that railroad sale goes directly into the campaign pockets of apt TAB pure evil.
Speaker 1: Well is he existing infrastructure? I have to ask, because the terms and conditions upon which the voter's approved the sale was it will be invested, all of it managed by an outside investment company, and the interest earned would generate the revenue for existing infrastructure. I don't hear anything in that about campaign contributions or padding campaigns. I would think that would be perhaps unlawful, it would be theft. Just say it. It's the lawyer in me that brings that kind of stuff up. I appreciate your concern, though, Kevin. If they could figure a way out how to do that, then I imagine that they probably would have a good Friday man, happy and thanks for calling and real quick. What else do we don't know about Kamala Harris? The all important foreign policy? Does she know anything about foreign policy? Where is she on foreign policy? We have no idea. The world is falling apart. We have nothing to show by way of Kamala Harris's foreign policy chops, and of course Tima walls no foreign policy chops. What does she think about the twenty twenty one Afghanistan withdrawal, the failure to her Russian Ukraine, the Iranians nuclear program, China's South China Sea land grabs, their designs on Taiwan? Anything anybody know anything? Can you answer those questions? I have no idea. In the American people deserve to know this. We are basically on the cusp of World War three here. Apparently she'd been endeavoring her team rather not her words, but her team's been trying to walk back whether she told an anti Israeli group that she'd be willing to ponder an arms embargo to Israel. She didn't show up at Benjamin Attanya his speech to Congress, and question she hasn't answered yet why did she pass over Josh sapiras her running mate. Well, she's got a lot of anti israel folks in Minneapolis and Michigan and Wisconsin. Maybe that's the reason. But since she's on record wanting to ban fracking, that causes a big problem for the Pennsylvania voters. They get a huge, huge influx of tax revenue from the aforementioned fracking and their sale of the evil loosely referred to as fossil fuels, coal, natural gas, and oil. It funds the coffers of the state of Pennsylvany, and if you took it away from them, they would be out hundreds of thousands of jobs and literally millions and millions of dollars coming into the coffers of the state from that industry or those industries. Not a good look for Kamala Harrison. It's one of the reasons why she probably could have gone should have gone with Shapiro. But we can't have a Jewish person, can we. At least that's what we're left to believe. She hasn't explained it. She told counsel on Formulations again on the record in twenty nineteen, that she'd rejoin Iran's nuclear deal as long as Iran has returned to verifiable compliance. Guess what Iran hasn't and does not comply And it is near developing a nuclear weapon. That ship has sailed. Where is she on it now? These questions remain unanswered six twenty five fifty five. Krositi talks and it's sad, isn't it? And you know, all I can say is, you know, I like seeing that the at least there's an illustration by the leftists at CNN that they too are complaining about this. There should be a growing course across all media outlets. What in the hell is going on here? Force her out of her cave. Lean NARROWLLC business partners with you to figure out what's going wrong with your business. And that's the problem with many businesses, and Lean Arrow knows this. Their consultants have spent years in fortune, decades rather in fortune. Five hundred companies helping them well and learning their skills. The point is Lean Narrow partners with your business and does a deep dive into what is troubling your business. Why do you have low morale, why do you have high employee turned out? Why are your goods and services not built or provided to your bias quality? This is what they do as business system diagnostic, identifying areas that are hindering the performance of your business or even just operating too expensively. They'll redesign your process system to deliver optimal results. And right now, for a limited time, they're offering a complementary business diagnostic for qualified businesses. That's why I say get over to Lean Arrow LLC find out what they can do for you. Fill out the form to see if you qualify for this free business diagnostic. Their team will really help you out turn it into a well oiled machine at your shop. Got'm a call nine three seven two seven one ten ninety three. That's Doug's number. You can call Doug directly at nine three seven two seven one ten ninety three, or again go to lean Errow LLC and fill out that form and see what they can do for your business.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRC six thirty on Friday one.
Speaker 1: Thanks for sure, we can always count on Tech Friday's Dave Hatter cord to the Business Courier. Dave Hatter's company, Interest It, which you can find online at interest dot com, are the best in the business. So you've got a business, you've got computers, you've got a system, you've got an operating system, you have access to the internet. You're in trouble and Dave Hatter can do best practices, fix your systems and solve your problems. And of course they do a wonderful job, and they sponsor this segment which is called Tech Writing with Dave Hat or Dave Welcome back to another edition of the Orwell Report.
Speaker 3: Always my pleasure, Ryan.
Speaker 1: You know, and I saw your first topic of conversation kind of influencing people through TikTok. One of your favorite topics of conversation is telling people to get the hell off TikTok. Article this morning, I read in the first sec earlier in the program about Iran accelerating their cyberactivity in order to influence the upcoming presidential election against Donald Trump. They hate Trump, apparently, they obviously an issue to I guess a death thread against him or an assassination threat against them. At least that's what our intelligence official has said. And so now they're building fake news sites, impersonating activists, laying groundwork to stoke division, all according to the Associated Press.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sadly not at all surprised by that. I know. I mean, let's be realistic here. For better or worse, whether it's TikTok or Instagram or Facebook or whatever, these platforms have hundreds of millions, if not billions of users every day throughout the world, including huge populations in the United States that use one or more of these things. And you know the TikTok report. I encourage people to go read this article from the Washington Times because it's sources. It points out the sources they used for the article. But yeah, of course they're going to use these platforms to try to persuade and influence people to particular opinions. I mean, that's one of the reasons why these things have been as successful as they have from a financial standpoint is the people behind them realize the persuasive power and make a lot of money off advertising. So, I mean, it just makes sense if you have some sort of narrative you want to push that you're going to try to reach people on these platforms where they are now. Again, TikTok is a special case, as you and I have discussed many times over the past few years, pretty much since its inception. There have been many allegations about privacy issues with TikTok that are well documented, But TikTok again kind of a special case because many people have come back and said, well, how is it any different than Facebook or Instagram or fill in the blank. And the answer is, well, it's owned by a Chinese company by Dance, which is controlled by the People's Liberation Army and the Communist Party of China, and it's increasingly clear that it's being used for more than just extremely aggressive and granted or data collection about its users. I would remind people go look at the Apple app privacy label for TikTok and see what it purports to collect. But it's being used as a way to according to various reports, including this article that references it in a new report that recently came out, that it's being used as a propaganda tool by the Chinese Communist Party to forward narratives that are helpful to them and their cause and their ideology and suppress ideas that are not helpful to them. This thing, I know, we don't have time to get too deep into it, and people can go read this from themselves. It's very easy to find. The report that the article references is TikTok Operations in the United States, unveiling strategic moves and sites and what lies ahead. Now I'm reading directly from the Washington Times article reveals the Chinese government's plans to use short videos and other methods to promote communist ideology and narratives worldwide. That's a direct quote from the Washington Times article, which then references the report. This article is based on a couple other highlights in here. Chinese scholars study the application enlightenment of TikTok and ideological and political education for college students. States TikTok can be used to expand channels for delivering ideological education to Americans born in the nineteen nineties, a critical demographic target.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: It talks about the Biden administration banning this. You know it talks about the two people that authored the DOJ study this article is referencing. I know we're going to run out of time but I encourage people to read this. I encourage people to stop using TikTok for all the reasons we have talked about many, many, many times. And you know, if you need more evidence that it's it's not just the data collection, because that is a problem in and of itself in my opinion, But I would make the same argument for most of these platforms. You know, again, the difference is here, your data is going to come a business that is controlled by the Chinese Communist Party. And then as we see more and more evidence of this thing being used as a persuasion and propaganda tool to push pro communist narratives and suppress pro freedom narratives and to create dissent in the United States, it's.
Speaker 1: Creating a part in the United States. That is another component of this arn article. The same thing stir and stoke division wherever it can be stirred and stoked. Is one of the reasons I think why we find ourselves so divided as a society. You know, we're victims of all this online screening and yelling at each other, and we don't have an opportunity to sit down and talk rationally like normal adult human beings. So where they can find division, they do it real quick.
Speaker 3: This article, Gordon Chang, a China expert with the Gatestone Incident Institute, says the Chinese government has weaponized TikTok is a quote instrument of war unquote by waging what Beijing calls quote unrestricted warfare end quote. And then he goes on to say, if you have TikTok on a device, you're getting what the Communist Party of China wants you to see. Mister Chang said, you know, and then it goes on so, yeah, people should read this and then immediately get rid of TikTok.
Speaker 1: And everyone's craticulating for that. Figure out more with tech Freddy's Dave. Dave had an advertising suing Meta for a very substantial sum. We'll see what that's all about. Next. I mentioned foreign exchange because you want your car fixed. You want to fix with the full warranty on parts in service. You want a responsible ase certified master technician working on it, and you don't want to pay what the dealer is going to charge you to fix your car. You want to pay less. And that is all what foreign exchange is about. You paying less to have your car service with a full warranty on parts and star. I mean, that's the bottom line, is your bottom line, and I love what they've done for me over the years. I've saved thousands, I can say probably, I say literally thousands, and just looking at my oil changes alone over the years from my under warranty cars that have gone to foreign exchange, yeah, German, and the couple of German cars have been taking a foreign exchange over the last couple of years, the one that got killed and the one I'm currently driving. I saved more than two hundred dollars on an oil change, so I know that I've saved more than one thousand dollars right there. But then again, my wife's out of a warranty car that we just recently sold. They kept that thing running in top condition, allowed me to maximize the sale price at all the service records, all foreign exchange. I even told the guy that bought it through my son that, you know, call them up. You have any questions about this car's reliability, talk to the people who work on it. That's Foreign Exchange Westchester location where all of our cars get service to our satisfaction and where we save money, and you will to take the Tylersville exit off of seventy five. Go east two streets, hang a right on Kinglin. You're there. Go online to foreign X. That's FORIGN the letter X dot com. And when you call for an appointment, please tell Austin and the crew. Brian said, Hi, it's five one three six four four twenty six twenty six. That's sixty four four twenty six twenty six.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: We're going abroad.
Speaker 1: Frove PIRC Detalk station. Interest its where you find interest It interest i dot com. That's where you find Dave Hatter and Dave Hotter you find every week here on Friday's doing a few segments talking tech. And what's the story behind this the suit against Meta for seven billion dollars day?
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty interesting. So this lawsuit was recently announced by advertisers on Meta platforms. As a reminder for folks, your Meta is the parent company of Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram and other platforms. You know, a few years ago they changed the parent company named to Meta, so again they own multiple properties. And an Adweek article talks about this. It's kind of interesting because the bottom line is basically that the folks in this lawsuit are alleging that meta platforms have vastly inflated the number of views they're getting on things so that they can charge substantially more money for the ads they're running on there. Again, kind of going back to that last segment as a reminder, if you can pick any of these platforms right, they have lots of users, and to the extent that they can claim they have active users that are seeing your content, they can charge more money.
Speaker 1: So a block farm with one hundred thousand fake user accounts can make a social media influencer look like they have one hundred thousand followers when they have none.
Speaker 3: Exactly, and or can amplify certain types of content or whatever. Again, this speaks both to the advertising appeal of these things. Hey, I want to get lots of eyeballs on something I'm trying to sell, so I'm going to use a site like Facebook or Instagram or TikTok or whatever. And then what you're paying for, you know, their purported numbers are substantially less again, according to this lawsuit, as much as four hundred percent. Now think about that for a second. I mean that is a massive number. I could easily see where someone could argue okay, And you know a lot of times when you look at the analytics on these tools and the metrics they spit out, it'll tell you, well, this isn't a precise number, right, so I could see where you might be off a couple of percent, maybe ten percent, but four hundred percent margin, Yeah, yeah, you're over inflating the viewers by four hundred percent. I mean, it's it's pretty insane.
Speaker 1: So the allegation is, when me ask you, this is the claim in the lawsuit, that they did this then, so they knowingly and intentionally themselves inflated the numbers, or that the numbers were artificially inflated by outside entities, say like Chinese bot farms, and that Meta knew about it but did nothing to correct it or bring it closer to reality.
Speaker 3: Well, that's an excellent question, thank you. I have not read the lawsuit. I've only read what's been reported on in regards to it. But here's a direct quote from this ADWEK story about it. The claim is that the plaintiff made advertising spin decisions based on inflated reach, said Jason Kent, CEO of the nonprofit group Digital Content Next. Now, I've seen allegations of this before that these platforms essentially know that they're inflating these numbers because it allows them to charge more money and by presenting real numbers, their revenue and profitability would go way down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have no incentive to even look into it. So, assuming they're not themselves doing it, they have the knowledge or ability to ferret this out, but you maybe choose not to do it because again, that would impact their bottom line.
Speaker 3: Well it's interest. Yeah, my personal perspective is that's exactly correct. And if you recall last week, we talked about a Wired story from a guy who created a platform called webx ray that's trying to show you how you're tracked by advertisers, and it kind of relates to this. But what there's a quote that sticks out in my mind from that article last week. This guy that created a webx ray used to work at Google and he's quoted in that Wired article. I'm going to paraphrase the man I get exact rate something to the effect of, no one inside these companies wants to stop the money machine. Right, So even if they know that there may be issues with some of these things, you don't want to be the person it's like, well, wait a minute, we should do this. In his case, he was focused more on the privacy concerns that these things raise and the extensive tracking. But you know, I think that's part of the problem obviously these companies. Again, I would remind folks when you look at Alphabet, the parent company of Google, or Meta parent company of Facebook, most of their revenue comes from your data. You are not the customer, you are the product. They're making money off of your data and selling you things based on that data, selling your data, et cetera. So again, anything that impacts that is going to take a gigantic chunk out of the revenue because what else did they have to sell you And at the moment, the answer is nothing. If you think about it, you know that has tried some things like that home portal thing they were selling for a while didn't catch on. So it'll this to me is going to be very interesting to see how this plays out. Along with you may have seen, Brian, it wasn't on our list to talk about today, but this recent lawsuit that went forward with Google and basically claimed that Google Search is a monopoly, and I'm sure they're going to peel that all the way to the Supreme Court, and maybe we should talk about this next week. But it appears from what I've read, again not an attorney, that there's a strong possibility that Googles want to monopolistic power over search. And one of the ways they've accomplished this is they pay companies like Apple and other companies to make Google their default search engine. Anyone, anyone can go in anytime and change their default search engine, but most people don't know they can do that, and most people don't know how to do it right, which, by the way, I would encourage everyone, you know, change, yes, change your Google search engine. It's easy to do. In fact, if you want to have a little fun, go to Google and search on how to change your search engine. You'll get the you'll get the articles you need from there. Then you can go into your browser settings on whatever platform you're on and change it to something more friendly like Duck Duck Go or start Page or one of the other you know. I would even argue being with more privacy friendly than Google. But nevertheless, nevertheless, it'll be interesting to see where this goes, because I mean, I think this could really have a huge impact on that industry.
Speaker 1: If this is successful, Amen six forty seven. We'll get one more with dy've Hatter. After I mentioned affordable imaging services, you can go you want when it comes to your medical care, and that includes imaging. You don't have to go to the hospital imaging department, even though your doctor really wants you to go there, because that hospital probably owns his or her practice. That's the way it is now. They want to keep the money in the house and they make huge, huge profits at the hospital imaging center. So you got the same equipment, you got same professionals, kind of a professional's operating. And when you go to affordable imaging services, you aren't paying thirty five hundred dollars for an MRI. You're paying four hundred and ninety five dollars. If you get a contrast, and this is the most expensive scan that affordable charges, it's six hundred and forty five dollars for an MRI with a contrast. Seet scans four hundred and fifty, not five grand, which they could be at a hospital. You get a contrast, it's six hundred. All the images, whether it's an echo, cartogram, ultrasund long screening, cardiacs, scoring, MRI or CT scan, come with a board certified radiologist report that you and your doctor are both get within within forty eight hours. There are no ups, there are no extras. Everything's included and it is a mere fraction. So check you're in insurance payment, find out what you're going to be out of pocket, and God help you if you don't have insurance. Thirty five hundred to five thousand dollars. No, it's a fraction at Affordable Imaging Services, So exercise your choice. Call them up at five one three seven five three eight thousand, five one three seven five three eight thousand online Affordable Medimaging dot com.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRC from.
Speaker 1: The team saw this day is this story from a couple of weeks ago, Dave about the Ferrari CEO whose voice got cloned with artificial intelligence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it hit the press maybe a week or two ago. Yeah, it got a lot of attention at the moment, and it's kind of died off again. But it's it's fascinating for several reasons. You know, we've talked about this concept before, uh and we're now starting to see tax using it. So you know, AI allows you to clone someone's voice aka voice cloning. It's really a type of deep fake. Reminder for folks, deep fake really is just a various piece of content created by some sort of AI. Could be audio, could be video in some cases some combination of both. And there have been some high profile cases of these deep fake voice clones where someone is using this technology to copy someone's voice and impersonate them.
Speaker 7: And this I think.
Speaker 3: I hate to say, I'm happy to see a story like this hit the news, but I think a lot of people when I've tried to warn about this, and I think I may have mentioned this to you before, and on two different local TV channels, I have done the interview with a reporter where we clone their voice to demonstrate this technology. This is a real thing. I cannot stress enough to people that just because you are hearing someone's voice, especially on a voicemail message or possibly even real time. There was a big story that came out of I believe it was Taiwan about a year ago, where a guy was on a zoom call with people he claims that he knew this would are not unknown people to him. These were people he claimed he knew on a Kazoom call quote unquote and they convinced him to transfer twenty five million dollars. That was heavily reported on. So now we see another example. And there's multiple facets to this that I think are important for people to understand. Again, the first and the foremost being it is easy to clone someone's voice. And people will ask me, well, I'm not a celebrity, how would you get my voice? And my simple answer is, well, if I call your phone number, do you have a voicemail message? Because if the answer is yes, I probably have enough of your voice to clone it using one of these freely available tools to take no skill or experience to use. So that's the first piece. If your voice is out there in any public forum that I have access to, and even if I got the AT and T dump of phone numbers and just randomly called phone numbers and got a voicemail, I could clone that voice. So don't tell me your voice isn't out there. Maybe it's not, but it probably is. So that's thing. One thing too is in many cases, now again this was clearly targeted. Right they went after the CFO of Ferrari and impersonated the CEO of Ferrari. How hard do you think it is Brian to do a little open source intelligence and figure out who the CEO and CFO of Ferrari are.
Speaker 1: Very simple at partly thinking about thirty seconds here while I'm talking to you.
Speaker 3: You have a website. They have LinkedIn. They're in the press, easy to find, right and then.
Speaker 1: Entry too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you dig around a little bit, Apparently the CEO of Ferrari has a unique Italian accent. You know, it mimicked that although the CFO city thought it wasn't exactly perfect, and that's often the case. But here's the thing. Apparently they sent WhatsApp messages to the CFO. So that would be my first quote. If you don't normally get communications from someone who was asking you to do something, especially financial, over a meetium, if your CEO has never contacted you via what's happy for or fill in the immediate red flag. So you know he's chatting him up and then he works into hey, we're doing an acquisition. I'm going to need you to do a thing. It needs to be kept confidential in da blah blah blah. So they're they're working this guy social engineering. So we've got what is essentially a social engineering attack using you know, a known platform. Obviously they found this guy's what'sapp information slash phone number out there, Probably not that hard to do as well, could have been leaked, could be stolen, maybe posted somewhere, which is one of the reasons why the less information you post about yourself that could be used in these types of maneuvers, the better. And eventually, you know, the guy started to get a weird feeling. It didn't feel right back that they have to maintain a healthy dose of skepticism at all times, especially in any unusual scenario. And then he asked him about a book.
Speaker 1: A book he'd recommend the question right right default, you know, I'm gonna ask you, like if I hear you get a call from my son reporting to be my son. I mean, there's a dozen different questions I could ask him about things that happened in the past that only he would know about, Like which is that painting on the wall upstairs that you really hate? My son knows which one, but nobody could answer that question outside of my son. So period, end of story. Hey, we're out of time. That's just big red flag for everybody. I appreciate your warnings, your concerns, You're admonishing my audience about paying attention and being careful, and of course let's end on the get the hell off TikTok. Thanks to Interest I for sponsor this, Dave, I really appreciate what you do.
Speaker 3: My friend, always my pleasure.
Speaker 4: Brian.
Speaker 3: Thanks, I look forward to chat with you next week.
Speaker 1: Have a great weekend. Stick around folks. Former FOP president Dan Hills. He's got a few words for my listening audience. We'll join it. He'll join the program after the.
Speaker 10: News updates on the twenty twenty four presidential campaign.
Speaker 1: We have to meet this moment as if our freedoms are at rest. Fifty five cars the talk station.
Speaker 8: This report is sponsored by oh Right.
Speaker 1: It's seven oh six at fifty five kr CE. He talks station and am very happy Friday to you. One hour from now, Tom Bragman about using the railroad money to pay the city at Cincinnati homeowners taxes. Just puzzling over that one. In the meantime, please to welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. I don't know what hat we're going to say he's wearing, but he is the former president of the SINSINNI Chapter sixty nine FOP for the Cincinni Police Department. Dan Hill's always a pleasure for having you on the morning show, regardless of which hat you are currently wearing. But an outspoken critic of the recent FOP endorsement of Greg Landsman. We can talk about some of the other ones, but wow, that really had you going the other day on the support the Blue and Cincinnati page. Welcome back, and it was great seeing you at Listener lunch on Wednesday. Man and your wife, who's your better half?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 7: Yes, she is a out kick my coverage?
Speaker 1: Did I always like pointing that out smart man, very smart and you're out of your element?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Sure, Well listen, you know I'm still a very proud member of the s o P. Now I I'm not so involved nowadays, and that's not all that's my choice I got. I got stripped off a ballot. I wanted to go up and be a delegate and weigh in on the state UH endorsements.
Speaker 1: You know I would have.
Speaker 7: I would have voted to endorse Bernie Marino. I would have voted to Doris Joe Deers. But a local election here they as soon as I left the presidency there there were some inside folks that couldn't wait to see that I didn't have much of us say at all anymore.
Speaker 1: So, so there's politics. There's politics in the whole decision making process. Huh hey, real quick, before you launch into your your your your tirade or the direction you want to go with regard to the endorsement specifically, let my listeners know how this process of works. Since you just alluded to the fact that it's kind of political, how come you couldn't vote? What are the parameters for voting? How is this whole thing set up?
Speaker 7: Well, what I was referring to is the state endorsements, So let's talk about the local endorsements, because that's what this was. So what happens is the president appoints a committee and probably the same people that there's no compensation for being on this committee or anything like that. It's really dedicated stuff. So that's why it's hurt a little bit to say those things. But you know, the truth be the truth on this one. They really screwed up. So I appoint a committee. Now the now president appoints committee, and the way it worked with me is I check in and a little bit. I don't like the micromanage. I check in a little bit in the beginning and have the endorsements brought to me at the end, and I did not always agree with the endorsement. Look, there's no secret I'm about this conservative as you can get. I mean, I'm often disappointed with Republicans for not being conservative enough. Sure, but I realized that I'm in a lodge that has members of all persuasions and political parties and everything else. Was that dead? Was that said? There's certain things I'll tell the committee chairperson, like, Hey, whatever you do, make sure you look after so and so because they've been great to us in areas that you might not know of because I'm the president I know, or whatever you do, be aware that so and so has done this, or that you know, a reminder type of thing. So, just so we're clear. If I had anything to do with this, and say Greg Lanson was running against Satan, it was between Greg Lansman and Satan, I would I would have told the committee chairperson, I say, look, I can't support I can't support either one of these at all. I think it'd be an embarrassment if the FOP endorsed Greg lanb I think it'd be an embarrassment as the FOP endorsed Satan. So let's just let's plan on a no endorsement on that one, and that way the committee chairperson could could steer him that way. And the reason why, the reason I say that was with Lands and you know, you got the Gang of Five and his activities during George Floyd. A lot of people don't remember this one. I was the president. I saw his behavior during the Kyle Plush tragedy and how he was throwing the city under the bus, the employees of the city under the bus before they really knew what was going on. And I don't want to go deep into that rabbit hole Kyle Plush, but that had a lot more to do where a spare tire had been stored than it did anything else. It was just a terrible, terrible thing of fate. But basically throwing the cop center the bus and that that very sad tragedy absolutely turned my stomach. But not to go off on a national scene, uh Bran, I guess I still find about that process. Did I answer enough of your questions about that process?
Speaker 1: I guess fair enough, But I just not Every member of the FOP voted correct, No, no.
Speaker 7: No, The endorsements are done by a small committee that actually interviews these folks and everything else. And like I said, they've alved here the long time. God bless them. Yeah, a lot of them are retired and stuff like that. But there is a responsibility of the president. And I heard the president on your show the like all these yeah, these people voted and that's all there is too, Like, well, it shouldn't be there. All there is too, because you've got to sign off on stuff as the president. I wouldn't sign off on anything that embarrasses that should embarrass the lodge. And this it's me embarrassed the lodge because I've seen who Greg Lansman is. And I was trying to do a funny when I was talking about Landsman versus Stayton. We know we don't have Greg Lanson versus State. We have in versus Orlando Sanza, who's like one of the neatest guys I've ever met that wants to be involved in politics. I mean, why a guy is need is Orlando Sanda wants to get involved in the political world. You know, he's got to be crazy.
Speaker 1: I guess you're right, Well, you know it's one of those you know, he's one of those few people who in spite of the fact that he is very successful as a business man, independent, very intelligent. Of course, he was Hamling Kenny prosecutor. He was a CPA, and he is a guy who doesn't need the headache and hassle of public office, and yet here he is doing it. He's got four kids at home, he's got to deal with his wife and everything else.
Speaker 7: So he's the type of guy I dream one day it could be the President of the United States, exactly type of character this guy is. So here's what I think might have been part of it. There's there is a there's an issue, and it's been way bigger with the retired. Now I'm a retired guy kind of I work a lot, but and this is a social security fairness thing, and I admit I don't know the issue real well. But there's certain states where the pension system kind of screws over the cops. There's a law because the way our pension works, that they don't get full social Security if they've had sob security jobs. So I guess Landsman has become a champion for trying to fix that. But to me, I was now ready to go to some national issues. You're worried about your social security. I don't think there's going to be a social security when you're talking about what the Democrats are doing with the border. The border, the border, which is in violation of the rule of law, which is trying to take down our two party system. So I no longer can look at anything I do, even like if I was still involved in FOP as just oh, I'm just a guy that's bouncing between you know, who's pro labor with the Democrats and who's you know, who's moving more pro law and order with the Republicans. We're past all that right now. Our nation's under attack. And unless unless the Democrat stands up and goes, my party is totally screwing up here because they're giving up the sovereignty of the nation and they're violating the rule law by inviting every thug throughout the third world here into this country. Then I have no interest in them anyway. So uh, maybe other people can't see what you and I can see, which is a shame because we all got to wake up. I just heard your tech guy talking about I ran doing what they can do that the hurt Donald Trump and nobody should be shocked by this. They want the What the left has gone to in this country leaves me a little bit handicapped to being able to to do what we used to be able to do with endorsements. Is like, like I said, it's kind of way between that that Democrat and Republican thing, because as a pro law and order union, we should probably ring more republican. But I understand why sometimes as a labor union we cared about uh you know, uh what what some Democrats were saying. I don't even believe. I don't believe the Democrats or even pro traditional labor anymore. I don't, I don't. I don't know what they are other than you're socialists that want to take down the country as we know. But there I kind of one off on a tangent on you. So I can talk a little bit about the state if you have more time.
Speaker 1: Yes we did, We're out of time in the segment, but I was going to ask you to hold over anyway, because it was another couple ones that I wanted to talk to you about. So more with a man, and I know Dan Hill's former FOP president still FOP member, right now, I get to mention twenty two three on route forty two between Mason and eleven, and get yourself some swag. That's right, new folks, you haven't been a twenty two three on route forty two between Mason eleven and get in there and get on that wonderful range of theirs. And if you do for the first time, you're gonna go away with some swag. Yeah, they got some special stuff going on there to give away while supplies last. So new to twenty two three, they'll take great care of you. And after using the range, you have an option of a nice little token gift there. If you're already a twenty two three customer, great, that's an outstanding thing, you know what I'm talking about. Bring a friend who is new to twenty two three and you'll both get swag and your friend will shoot for free. You can't find a friendly, er, cleaner gun store or shooting range, and you can't find one with better selection. They have a fantastic selection of all types of firearms, ammunition, accessories, classes, range membership options galore, and the best people in the world own it. That's Wendy and Jeff. I just love both of them to death. They're fantastic and they know what they're doing. They got a great staff there and a gunsmith to learn more about everything that they offer. It's twenty two three dot com number twenty two follow by the word three spelled out twenty two to three dot com.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: God ty for the weather Sunday day to day with a high of eighty five clear overy night down to fifty eighth Sunday Tomorrow seventy nine clear over night down to sixty sunny on Sunday high of eighty one seventy degrees. Right now, let's here about traffic from the UC HOW Traffic Center.
Speaker 5: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanterer from multicultural communities give the Gift of life. Sign up today to be an organ donor. High wait traffic continues to look great this morning. No accidents to worry about right now, I'm seeing no delay. Southbound seventy one continues to run under twenty minutes between Field Zerto and downtown and inbound seventy four that's under ten between two seventy five at the Cole Rings. What to the seventy five ram Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC Deep Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Seven nineteen fifty five kr CD Talk Station at Very Happy Friday to You're talking with former FOP President Dan Hills about the FOP since Nation Eternal Order Police Now endorsements, which include, of course oddly Greg Lansman versus Orlando Sons. And to me, there is no no one better running for office locally than Orlando Son. Just love the guy. I can't. Obviously Dan feels the same way. If you haven't. If you're listening to Dan and I talk about and seeing Orlando's praises and you're like, what, you haven't met him? Meet him. He's all around, he's readily available, he loves to talk to people. He's just strong on the issues. Orlando Sons at dot COM's where you can find out where he is on any given policy position. So a true, true, wonderful candidate, and I think he's going to serve our community. Well. But pivoting over you, Dan Hills wanted to mention some of the Order of State races which were not part of the endorsements.
Speaker 7: Well, let me let me just double down on Orlando for you, because that's what got this all started. He's a he's a west Point graduate, his wife's a west Point graduate, former prosecutor. You know, I'll sum it up in a word. He's a patriot and this is a time in our country where we meet patriots. And so, uh, you know, I'm all in for Orlando Sons. I told him I'll go, I'll go answer phone that his campaign headquarters or whatever. And and again, there's rarely people in politics that that make me go that that guy is a special.
Speaker 1: I wrote it, and doubling down on that, I wrote him a check. That makes cool. I think four politicians that I've written a check to for their campaigns in my life.
Speaker 7: You know what, I'm gonna take that as a I'm gonna take that as a challenge. I'm gonna I'm gonna write him a check to just because you said that. So it can't be as big as a Brian Thomas. At the state level, there is a committee and it's made up of the Lodge presidents typically, I believe. So I've been on that committee and so like two years ago, on that committee, I've voted that we endorsed JD. Bans against whatever that left he was that he was running against and Uh I got I got beaten up quite a bit in the in the committee and ended up doing a a no endorsement recommendation to the floor where the delegates I would have liked to have been this time, get a chance to vote well from that floor, Me and one of the other the I think there were three of us that tried to get jd Uh recommended for endorsement. We went to the floor and ended up the floor of a rule the committee and they they endorsed jd. Bands. So you know that that that I think could turn out really good for our country is you know, he's he's really to me looking like a good VP assistant to the Donald Trump. But so that's how that works at the state. Here at the local it's you know, it works a little different. But if I was up at the state, I would have wanted to endorse UH. If I would have been a delegate, I would have voted to endorse Bernie Marino. We did a no endorsement on this one here, which I'll take as a kind of a victory for law and order over shared Brown. And don't get me off talking about Sheridan. I know IM in the same camp as Greg Lambsam. You know, if it was Shared Brown and Satan running against each other, I would want to do a no endorsement. But with Bernie Marino, I thought it would be wise that we gave him an endorsement, and one that doesn't necessarily stay there the next time in six years when he runs again. Also would have would have voted for Joe Deaters and very disappointed that we endorsed his opponent there at the state level. So, like I said, traditionally we probably fope at the state level leans a little left. Here locally we used to kind of lean a little bit right, and I I did everything I could to keep that in order, because again, I think we're more important for us to be a law and order organization than a labor organization. And people that are people that are worried about their social security fairness. I get it that times are tight. To start to look why times are especially tight with inflation, and look at the future of social security if you keep electing Democrats, and so I can't help but to have my personal beliefs and what I've observed is happening at the national level and everything else really bleed over into my my union politics because I want everybody to to do better and to you know, thrive in this country. But I you know, especially policemen and especially I want you know, there to be law and order. And I think that I think we haven't even begun to see the worst of what's going to happen with these people that are coming over the border illegally. Yeah, and how it's going to affect the safety of the nation. Well, and when when President Trump and JD vance, when I think that's when you're going to start seeing a lot of the terror cells that are are are coming across that border.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, there is that concern. Yeah, our own FBI director has warned us all about that one and about a month ago he's issued a warning that you know, the threat level is as high as he's ever seen it, and that's because of the open border and then the various types that came along with it. And since you brought that up, and I really was drying to ask you this question while I had you on the phone, I haven't heard anything. Although no, I've heard from listeners and others that claim to be in the know or have information. We do have an illegal immigrant problem in this area. It's just that no one is ever talking about it. Obviously not as bad as a place like Chicago or New York or some of the border cities that are just overwhelmed with them. But have you are we struggling with that in any way, shape or form. Do you know if we got a lot of illegal immigrants in our area?
Speaker 7: Now, well, let me tell you, I don't like my uh my one of my jobs being involved in politics, but I work for a small affluent community and police department, right yeah, and uh they they had a bunch of burglars. They were from Chile, right okay, and they were they were also hitting another even more affluent, uh community here in Hamilton County, and they got they got locked up. Great work by one of the policemen in the community in which I work. And so they got put on a bracelet. Can you believe that they're they're the land legal ali and bad guys. So when they got you know, out of jail and put on that bracelet, Brian, you want to guess how long I think there was two of them, maybe three, but you guess how long those bracelets stayed on their ankle.
Speaker 1: Probably just as soon as they got out of the whole lock up facility.
Speaker 7: Have you did an over under, don't go don't go over three? Okay, don't go with the over three. If you're betting the over undergo under.
Speaker 1: So they cut the ankle monitor off and then they take off and go someplace off.
Speaker 7: Room, and they're back to and they're back to Chile. And you know, in the next set of a bass folks come up here. And that's happening all around the country without much much being talked about, right, is that if fluent neighborhoods are being the homes are being burger rived by gangs of illegal aliens from Chile, from Venezuela, from Columbia, all these places, because they're all being all coming here. The prisons are being released. Trump talks about it all the time. I wish I wish you could articulate it a little bit better and have people understand that this is coming home to you and so back to again. You know, if you're you're on an endorsement committee or whatever, and especially you're a cop, you're a copper, a retired cop, and you're going, look what these people are doing. It's totally against the rule wall, totally against everything we ever believed in in this country, and it's going to have real effects on everybody. It has effects on whether you can get a job, if you're if you're pro labor and you're being you're you're being cut off the ankles because of a bunch of legal aliens. And I see them all over the place working. I'm sorry to make assumptions that some of them are illegal, but I imagine actually most of them are. And at the same time, if you are in a more affluent position in life, or you have a nice home or whatever, just so you know, some some Colombians or some Chileans might just kick in your door and they might have firearms, firearms on them, and they might take all of your really nice stuff. Actually have I actually have two wealthy friends. I got Brian Thomas, I got another friends and news and is surgeon, and he got broke into in in the Hyde Park area and they took Drewelry and and and things of that nature. I think those were Chileans too. So you know what, I feel like doing a wake up America. But that's from a police officer's point of view. You got to wake up and you got to realize who's actually looking out for the country. Ain't perfect. Ain't nobody in politics perfect. Probably Orlando signs it might be one of the closest I've ever seen to be in a perfect gentlemen. But we endorsed, we endorsed Greg Landsman, neverm So that's that's when I kind of lost it.
Speaker 1: Brian and Well, I'm glad that you were able to get a little bit more out of your system on the fifty five Caresee Morning Show and shed a little bit more light on this, and of course speak truth to the political folks and the that are making endorsements without thinking a little bit further than the moment in time right in front of them. Former FOP President Dan Hills, I appreciate your time today. Keep up the great work, and you always have a form here to talk Man and I welcome, I welcome you back on the morning show.
Speaker 7: I'm really glad to be there. Everybody, get out and vote for Orlando, please. It matters. It matters a lot for our country.
Speaker 1: Amen to that. Seven twenty nine fifty five care see the talk station and get a call into Fast Pro roofing. You'd be glad you did, because they're honest and there aren't that many honest roofers out there, there are some other ones that are and you know, Ray and and Manner from Fast and Pro will admit that. The sad thing is you don't know who they are. And I'm here to tell you I know who the honest roofers are. And it's Fast and Pro never gonna lie to you, never gonna try to say anything you do not need. They are wonderful at what they do. The work they do is absolutely stellar, things like well, what's the big deal with the shingle roof? They do far more than shingles. I mean, they do some amazing custom work too, exterior projects, metal work. If you've got box gutters you need rebuilt ones or you need to start from scratch on those. They can handle that. So protect yourself from fly by night companies. Do not go with anybody knocking on your front door. You do the knocking. Simply call Fast and Pro and schedule a free roof inspection. Hopefully they come off the roof and say no problem. And we'll also give you a little bit of indication about how much longer your roof life has. And speaking of roof lives, if you go with a shingle roof because you need a roof replacement, They're going to upgrade you automatically to the certainty landmark pro fifty year shingle that comes with a tremendous amount of peace of mind. Plus you're working with the best in the business, a plus with a better business breer. You can learn more online at Fasten Faste and fastenproroofing dot com. The number five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five please tell me, I said, Hi, five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five.
Speaker 9: Fifty five car the talk station. I'm enjoying reading this forecast.
Speaker 1: All day a sunny and eighty five today, overnight little fifty eight with clear skies. Go to a sunny day to model the highest seventy nine, another clear sky night with a low of sixty and a sunny Sunday with a high of eighty one seventy degrees. Right now if you about krise de talk station. Time for traffic updating Chuck from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 5: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanner from multicultural communities give the gift of life. Sign up today to be an Organ Donner Highway traffic that's not bad at all to deal with this morning. Go on bound fourth seventy one usually banked up to Grand by this time, but not to doing just fine coming into downtown through the construction barrels stopbound seventy five continues to run less than twenty minutes from a pub union center through town.
Speaker 1: Chuck ing ramon fifty five KRC the talk station seven thirty three coming up in seven thirty four or at fifty five KARSD talk station I do with local stories. But I got a call online long time No Speak formerly of the five thirty segment regularly and his shift change is always good to hear from Tom. Welcome back to the show. Tom.
Speaker 12: Yeah, good morning. It just happened to work out this league. We got our we got our work done in our four ten hour days, so I get Friday off this league.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, enjoy it man.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's been it's been a while. So how are you doing? Everything going on right for you?
Speaker 1: Everything's going fine, man. The problems in my world pale in comparison to the problems of the world generally speaking, So I just label myself as.
Speaker 12: Happy, like like the people in Minnesota.
Speaker 7: They got it pretty bad.
Speaker 12: Up there, don't they.
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 12: Man, Yeah, Well, first thing I wanted to comment on is I was very impressed and took advantage of my wife and I took advantage of the tax holiday that just ended yesterday. We definitely helped stimulate the economy. And I'll just leave it at that. Any sales tax, well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got a kick out of it because I do commercial I love twenty two to three the gun shop, and I do commercials for it. I was ever on their web page of the day, and I didn't realize it. They didn't add on their web page that the products at twenty two to three it's a gun store qualified and fell within that five hundred dollars and under tax credit, so you didn't have to pay taxes on your purchases at a gun store. That that's great, man, It's not a loophole. They wrote the law that way.
Speaker 13: So there you go.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that's that was over yesterday.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that was that was very good. That's kind of a way to kind of give back a little bit, and instead of writing a bunch of checks and stimulus checks, which I was finding somewhat silly. But that's the way where we just don't have to pay taxes that were we're already over attacked. So I think it's I think it was a good idea, and I appreciate it, and then my wife and I did so the whole Democrat versus Republican thing, it's obviously build this Trump versus Kamala and and in a way it kind of is. But but really it is just too different, totally diametrically opposed, polar opposite ways of looking at at government and and and I cannot understand why why people aren't seeing this as much as they should be. How one side wants to run your life for you, control everything about your life, take all of your money in order to do that, and give your money away to people who haven't earned it. Uh, it just doesn't make any sense. That is that is what I just stated is about as un American as you can possibly think. We we we hear America believe in earning things and getting what you deserve. But sometimes you know that doesn't even work out, because life sucks sometimes. But to give people stuff for nothing it is because they quote unquote deserve it. That's just ridiculous. And they're taking something that you work for. So don't let them take your money, don't let them take your freedom, but don't vote Democrat. Have a great way you can't right.
Speaker 1: Great hearing from you, Tom, I appreciate it. I miss hearing from you regularly, and I look forward to your shift changing so we can return to that regular order of business. It's funny you mentioned that about what Americans believe in. Even Kamala Harris said the other day. Now, even though we don't know what she's running on, but she did say, I'm running to fight for an America where the economy works for working people and where hard work is rewarded, because that's the America I believe in. I shouldn't elaborate on that, but that sounds like a policy of position. They'll be more consistent what Thomas saying and what I'm saying, which is, yeah, hard work is reward and the reward is salary and pay that you should be able to keep and spend as you see fit work is rewarded. Sloth lethargy is not rewarded. And yet the Democrats regularly take from those who've earned. And it doesn't matter what color your skin is, what religion you worship. If you make money, they want to take it from you and give it to somebody else. I call that theft. And the fact that they can take what they want from you in the form of the tax rate is taking your labor. This is slavery when you have no say and you can be jailed, fine and penalized or otherwise. You know, docs are garnished. When you don't pay taxes, that means you must as a matter of law, which means they are capturing how much work you do on a percentage basis. So if you're in a twenty five percent tax right, twenty five percent of your labor is taken by the government, which means you are a slave for twenty five percent of your work hours period. End of story. Now you can just try and say, well, we need bridges, we need roads. There are certain things in that eye. We'll concede that. But when they're taking from you, stealing from you, making a slave of you to give to somebody else, most notably causes principles, things that you don't even believe in, that have nothing to do with core but basic government services, roads, bridges, infrastructure, then you got a problem. But that's what the left is all about seven thirty nine fifty five K see the talk station. AH, I to get that out of my system. Peter Spurrierkelorwiams seven Hills. What he's all about is giving you the finest real estate experience you can possibly get buyer's agents, sellers agents. You are in the best possible hands with the Sapri Group at Coloorwiams seven Hills love what they're doing for folks since that they's number one real estate group. Their mission is that five star experience and they bring that to you a number of different ways. Their customer service is great, and of course they have programs that nobody else is offering. Instant off a program. I don't want to sell my house. I don't want to stage it. I don't want to make you know the whole ordeal. You gotta paint through And a lot of times you're gonna get great advice from Peter Subari and cloriem seven Hills. You want to go to the normal process to maximize the sale price of your house. They will make good recommendations to you that may include, you know, you gotta paint this room. Nobody likes peptobismo pink Fine. You're in the position where you don't want to do any of that, you just want to leave. You can get an instant offer from Peter Shubria Cloriam seven Hills, meaning that from today you could be gone and on with your life in less than three weeks. Just one of the many programs are offering. I recommend you check them out online. Go to seven zero eight three thousand dot com seven zero eight three thousand dot com, then phone them up five one three yes, seven zero eight three thousand fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 8: From the team behind Atlanta Monster, and they're.
Speaker 1: All the work ass Sunny in eighty five today, overnight clearing fifty eight for the low, tomorrows hight seventy nine with sunny skies, overnight low sixty with clear skies, and another sunny day on Sunday going up to eighty one seventy degrees. Right now, let's hear about traffic conditions.
Speaker 5: From the UC Help Tramphing Center. Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an Oregon trams planner from multicultural communities give the Gift of life. Sign up today to be an organ donor. Highway traffic pads in pretty good shape this morning. Northbound seventy five. It's beginning to get a little bit heavier between Dixie and Kyle's, but that's not going to cost you a whole lot of extra time into downtown. Same for northbound fourth seventy one across the bridge. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRZ the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven forty three come up with seven forty four, fift five KRCD talk station. I'm very happy for Fridea tou. Tom Bragman explaining why he wants to use six hundred million of the railroad money to pay taxes in for the City of Cincinnati residents and tax has gone through the roof. He'll be on off top of the our news to explain that. I'm puzzling over and Tom, if you're listening, I just wondering how that's going to work. And since the money was supposed to be paid for infrastructure only taken away from principle, my cause a bit of a problem. Is it going to be even lawful to do it? We'll find out. Tom's going to answer all those questions coming out real soon and real quick here. Since there's been very little additional information from our federal government about the attempted assassination of Donald Trump. Not answering questions, I mean, no accountability. It's fueling the conspiracy theories. And I started this morning pointing out and Tech Friday's Dave hot and I talked about it as well. Iran for example, is ramping up all of the fake news sites, faking they're impersonating activists, they're stoking division in advance of the November election, and they are not on the side of Donald Trump, that is for certain. In fact, they like him assassinated. Which takes me back to the update here, since we don't have much by way of updates. Although there was some new video camera that came out video evidence from the police that were there, not the Secret Service bodycam footage that was obtained by the Wall Street Journal, for example, reveals the moments right after the former president was shot and a reflection of how just absolutely grossly negligent at minimum that they all were. I talked to Secret Service guys, They're like, yeah, no problem, we're going to post guys over here refern to the time of the roof in advance of the shooting. And no, they didn't anyway, that's worth looking into and reading about. But during the pot of division, it's easy to do when your government is either lying to you or keeping mum on topics, and there's a whole range of topics we could talk about that the government refuses to answer questions about a new polls out showing that a third of Americans believed that the gunman was acting alone and there was no broader conspiracy. And yet this tip Daily Mail poll found forty five percent of those survey believe in a larger conspiracy. And that's what happens. This fuels conspiracy which can easily be made into something broader than it is or bigger than it is, because guess what, they don't answer questions. Pole reflected among Democrats, they believe Trump staged the shooting. He managed to have himself grazed by a bullet, allowed one rally god to be killed and two others seriously wounded, and found a twenty year old willing to take the fall to be killed by counter snipers. Now that just reading that, it sounds preposterous. And of course the FBI did confirm that he shot with a bullet. Some say Trump wasn't actually hit by a bullet, but cut himself to create a bloody ear so he can make that iconic photograph. Uh okay. On the other side of the political letter political Ledger, conservatives think the fact that the shooter was allowed to climb the building to a rooftop of a line of side to mister Trump and squeeze off eight shots while people were pointing to him and running around on the ground going, hey, there's a guy up there. There's a guy up there. Some believe that they intentionally left Donald Trump unprotected, So maybe not actively involved in it, but intentional negligence for the purpose of maybe, maybe, just maybe this is the rally where a crazed gunman will show up. If we're lax on security, we don't cover buildings that have a line the site to the president in the stage, then maybe he'll be able to be successful. That as a th sounds a lot more plausible than Donald Trump staged it, because of course we are presented with evidence of gross negligence, and then of course we're all left the if you don't believe in conspiracy theories, we're all just left with a simple matter of fact that I think it's safe for all of us to presume that they were and have been grossly negligent, that it's a terrible work environment, that they don't know what they're doing. If they can't even figure out that there's a line of site perfect sniper position close enough to the stage, and even an inexperience shooter could probably get off a fatal round, then we have a problem on our hands. So let us uniformly agree that in so far as the United States Secret Service goes, and at least as far as this particular event goes, we got a real problem on our hands. But that's what their silence causes, and that allows others, maybe outside of our country, to stir the pot of division in yet one more area of our life. Seven forty eight fifty five krc DE talk station. Get in touch with the USA insallation. It's a free quote, it's a free inspection. The inspection comes in when you have a house that's older than mid seventies, because you'll have insallation, but it may be insufficient, like my daughter's house with the R twelve now decades decades old. The R twelve deteriorates so it's not even our twelve anymore. That's where the phone comes in to go with an underinsulated home in the exterior walls. And then if you need if you have an older home mid seventies and before, there's nothing in there but a debt air space, which I don't think even has an R value, fill it with the highest R value foone in the market. That's USA's premium foone. And if you do that, you pay for the exterior walls and you'll find out how much that costs. With the free quote, they'll insulate your attic for free. Then comes next year when the dangling carro from the federal government to do what you should do anyway, which has improved the comfort of your home and save money every single month. I'd be happy to give you a twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit when you're doing your taxes next year. So that's like taking twelve hundred dollars off the cost of the installation. Give them a call again, it's a free quote. You'll be happy if you got it. It's a great product. I assure you of that comfort and savings every month guaranteed five one three three eight one three sixty two six three eight one. Foam more online can be found a USA Installation dot Net fifty five KRC, the Talk Station. It's no secret that financial planning. Look here, they're gonna have clear skies, sunny skies during the day, clear overnight now through Sunday. That behind US eighty five, the high today overnight live fifty eight, seventy nine to hind tomorrow overnight low sixty and a high eighty one Sunday right now seventy typer traffic from the uc Hell TRAMFHIC Center.
Speaker 5: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waning on an organ transplanner from multicultural communities give the gift of life. Sign up today to be an organ donor. Highway traffic continues to look pretty good this morning. Getting a little bit heavier northbound four seventy one across the bridge, but that's not going to cost you a whole lot of extra time. Same is true for northbound seventy five. A bit heavier in piles, but extra minute or two will be funny. Out of Erlanger Chuck ing ramon fifty five KRC, The talks.
Speaker 1: SEV fifty three feet by Kersey Talk Station. I do have a pair of ricks on the phone, but I first want to talk to Lisa Baker from the Crime Stoppers apartment in sin Say please department Officer Baker, welcome back. Who are we looking for today?
Speaker 13: Happy Friday?
Speaker 7: Right back, got you?
Speaker 12: We are looking.
Speaker 13: We're looking for Lamont Hayes this morning. He's wanted on two counts of theloneous assault. He's accused of striking the victim in the face, causing facial broken bone. Now like it hurts Lamont Hayes. He's a black male. He's thirty three years old. He's six foot four, two hundred and forty pounds, and he was last known to live on West eighth Street in Price Hill.
Speaker 7: Who are going to do any of the listeners?
Speaker 1: Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 13: If any of the listeners know where the tectives can find Lamont Hayes, they can give crime Stoppers a call five one three three five two thirty forty and.
Speaker 1: Hopefully didn't end up in front of Judge Silverstein where he'll be let out on undercognizance spot. You remain anonymous, you be eligible for a cant shuward. If you typically to an arrest, you be doing society a favor. We will look for him as photograph will be on my blog. Page later a fifty five cars dot Com. Have a great weekend, Lisa, and keep up the great work. Real quick we can get one of the ricks in and the time remaining. Rick, thanks for calling this morning. Welcome to the program.
Speaker 4: Thanks Brian, How are you today?
Speaker 1: Well, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 7: Rick?
Speaker 1: First time caller, a long time listener. And if you are as good as your dad, man, that makes me feel good with me.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna I'm gonna try to be really griefs regarding the Gettened.
Speaker 7: Assassination of presidents.
Speaker 1: From Okay, and I'm gonna give him my opinion.
Speaker 4: I'm not a law enforcement this is my opinion.
Speaker 1: That's fine, but that was just that was important to hit.
Speaker 4: And if you take the first hand investigation, follow the money, who's who's would stand to gain the most? If we're fascinating?
Speaker 1: Oh y'all know to answer that question?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well yeah, yeah, I mean I can hear the convers saying, hey, mom, we've got to get back in office and it'll go there.
Speaker 7: I mean it.
Speaker 14: You know, there's an awful lot of subposition.
Speaker 4: And this is sub position too, but it sure fills me in some of the some of the areas that are empty as you.
Speaker 1: Build well and that you see that that goes to my point. They're empty because they have information they could use to satisfy the questions and concerns of the general public, and yet they fail to provide it. They duck, dip, dodge, died, and duck, and that's fuels conspiracy theories and conclusions being drawn that may be erroneous, but then again they may be right. I mean, Kennedy got assassinated how many decades ago, and we're still talking about that one, the magic bullet, and the conspiracy theories that swirl around that, the hundreds of books that have been written on it. Probably the same thing as a consequence of this one. Does anybody believe the Warrant Commission after all that, Well, they could have been forthright, could could have brought out the information. It's easy to do. It's easy to do. And if the bottom line is we just screwed up, which is basically the word we're getting from the US Secret Service, maybe we could buy that and maybe they would transform their ways and no longer screw up. But there you go. We're all left to speculate because their mom on the topic, which is dangerous and maybe maybe that's the point. Who benefits. It's a great question to ask, and I appreciate your comments. Rick seven fifty six, fifty five KRC talk Station, Tom Braakman, once you use a railroad money for tax cuts. We're gonna talk to Tom after the break here and find out how that's gonna work and if it can work. I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 10: Updates on the twenty twenty four presidential campaigns.
Speaker 1: Do you ever hear bye? He's a threat to democracy? Fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 8: This report is spoil them your.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty four election headquarters. Our country's just falling apart and we need a major change. Fifty five krs the talk station. Eight oh five if you're a fifty five KRC DE talk station and Brian Thomas here, wishing you a very very happy Friday. I hope you have some great plans for the weekend. I was really looking forward to this all morning, ever since I saw it a proposal by a former house Remember Tom Brikman, he's currently running for Hamilton County Auditor. Everybody knows who owns property here in Hamilton County and basically outside as well. Property taxes went through the roof. Some people got lucky and there's only one up, maybe nine percent. Others are facing a sixteen percent and even higher property tax rate, and many people can't afford it. You got a senior in a house on a fixed income, they cannot manage a property tax bill that goes up that much. Maybe a solution is in Columbus. But Tom Brinkman has a solution. He's just turned in a proposed charter amendment and it's made the obviously made the news rounds, supported by, among others, Adam Kaylor, who's running for Hamilton County Commissioner, to take some of the railroad money the one point six billion dollars of Cincinnati put in trust when they sold this Sinni Southern Railway and take six hundred million of that to put it in a separate fund to help people with their property taxes. Tom Brakman, welcome to the fifty five Cassey Morning Show. It's great to have you on to talk about this today.
Speaker 14: Well, thank you very much for having me.
Speaker 1: Now, I guess the first question that crosses my mind. We were told over and over again, and I was not in favor of the sale I had Adam on a bunch of times. I had other experts on the subject talking about how stupid it was to sell it. But here we are. They sold it. They put the money in trust, but they promised us until they were blue in the face that this money could only be used for existing infrastructure they're going to generate. They claim eighty eight million dollars a year on this investment. I don't know what the market dropping the other day, whether that's even possible story to be told later on it. But the point is they take the money from the revenue that's generated, and they must work on the hundreds of millions of dollars in infrastructure needs we had because well, for the last four decades, I guess they've ignored roads and bridges and core infrastructure and they got themselves into a real pickle. And now you want to take six hundred million of that to help people with property taxes. How is this going to work in practice? And is it even legal given the background behind the sale. I know it's a long winded way of opening this up, Tom, but that's all I got, man.
Speaker 14: Okay, okay, Well, first of all, we received approval of our petition yesterday from the city solicter. That means is a workable document.
Speaker 1: It would work.
Speaker 14: We can take six hundred million, put it in a fund and get it to give taxpayers relief immediately, meaning in January. In January, the citizens living the property owners in the City of Cincinnati would see an eighteen point seven reduction of their property tax bill because the fund would make that payment for him. That fund should last about ten to twenty years, depending like you said, on investments.
Speaker 1: Now, so real quick though, with the fund being established, assuming it gets approved on the ballot, it goes into a fund to generate income much in the say, the same way the one point six billion is genering. It's actively managed by investments. But you would have to dip into principal immediate on the six hundred million because it wouldn't have time to generate the kind of revenue you need to relieve taxes, correct.
Speaker 14: Right, right, Well, we would we would use about it's about fifteen million dollars, okay, would be taken out of the six hundred million dollar fund. Now, I've seen projections where it could go on in perform you know forever. You know, the markets come and go. I don't want to say that to folks, I'm saying it would last between fifteen and twenty years. But the way it's structured is the fund would be started in fifteen days, The city would contact the county auditor in fifteen days find out what their tax bill would be, and then fifteen days after that they write a check to the county treasurer, so that when we would see our bills, we would see that we owe one thousand dollars, let's say, but we would also see on the bill that one thousand dollars has been covered by this city fund, and we see that type of reduction and into substantial reduction. It's about eighteen point seven even percent, depending on what type area you live in. And you know, if you're paying for your trees or you know, your sidewalk repair, you know that type of thing. Now, you know, we have home rule in the City of Cincinnati, in the state of Ohio. It's in our constitution, so a charter city can take care of what they want to do within their boundaries. Now, I've been in the legislature and I know they're always trying to cut back on that.
Speaker 7: But we.
Speaker 14: Meaning like when the city wants to ban guns, or the city wants to ban plastic bags. Right, there's always attempts to cut back on that. But generally, if the city wants to take their money and waste it on a street car, no state legislation is going to stop that. If they want to spend it on a spray park or something like that. So our ability to spend us on the taxpayers to take care of the old time people. I'm an old time person. I'm sixty six. I've been in the city my old life. Nobody's given me tax abatement, nobody's setting up a fund for me. So my ancestors who were here in eighteen forty so they were around when they built that railroad. They were assessed property tax to pay for that railroad. It's fitting that the people who own property in the city now get relief from that fund. And I think it's only the.
Speaker 1: Right thing to do. Now. Is this going to be index based on income or ability to pay a tax? Is it going to be a uniform across the board? How is the amount calculated generally speaking? And are there, you know, proposals along those lines built into the process.
Speaker 14: No, No, it's very simple. The city right now brings in about twenty nine million from this tax, and that is what we will cover, regardless of whether you're a small business, regardless if you're just a senior who's struggling to make your payments. And yeah, you know, some slumlord's going to get a cut, and I'm sorry, that's the way it goes. But the bottom line is we're going to cut it for all property tax the payers in the City of Cincinnati, and just it makes it, you know, keep a simple, stupid system. And that's how we plan to do it.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 14: It's interesting, we used to index our increase in our property tax in the City of Cincinnati. Beginning this year, city council took that index off, so it was going to go up from twenty nine million to thirty two million that they were going to bring in. And also, this is a city council who is proposing an increase in the earnings tax. So here they get this big railroad money. They're they're letting the property tax go up. I get rid of that, holding it the same with twenty nine million, and then they want earned more earnings tax and I you know, I drive on Columbia Parkway. Fort Worshan away. It's a mess. Yeah, the garbage isn't picked up. It's a mess the street. They say, Oh, we're going to do these little bumps to stop people from rolling through the stoplet you drive across Seventh Drive across Seventh Street. When I dropped off my petition yesterday at city Hall to get the seventy one, oh you got this, boom bom boom boom bom bom bom boom boom. The asphalt's terrible there, and.
Speaker 1: They're y, yeah, Well, I've been using a default phrase of late Fred. One of my listeners called in self identified black man living in the city of Cincinnati. I worried about national scope politics, but he wants his road fix. All Fred wants is somebody to come out and patch his damn street. You know that's a simple ask. And this is what leads us to this position. Tom is the city under Democrat rule for how long? How far back do you have to go to find a Republican that ran the city of Cincinnati. Was it Gene Ruleman or something or Ken Blackwell? But any event, they have neglected Fred and everybody else's road in chasing stuff and things and bright shiny new objects like streetcars. Point valid And you mentioned raising the earnings tax rate, and I think this is the reason. Maybe they know, based upon the promises and whatever restrictions are placed on the one point six billion dollars that they have to put that toward existing infrastructure and therefore can't build the second leg of the street car. Maybe they want all this extra revenue because money's fungible. If it doesn't come from the earnings on the one point six billion investment, then they can use it to go for new shiny objects and things that they that they want.
Speaker 14: Exactly exactly, So we think that we need to take care of the current property tax payers. The people have been here for a long time. The people are the heart and soul of the city. Although they've forgotten about that. Our leaders have and this would take care of them for you know, fifteen twenty years and then they can figure it out. I'll be moved off the stage. The next group can come along, but at least help the people who you know. You mentioned the people getting increases. There are three hundred and fifty thousand properties in Hamlin County. Sixty thousand properties got a twenty five percent increase or more, and a lot of those were in Avondale and Price Hill and Westwood more Side. I mean, some of them were outrageous. And these people are struggling. And I know the number of people who failed to pay their property tax in June. I don't want to say it's the highest, but it definitely went up over the previous year because people just couldn't forward to pay it.
Speaker 1: I certainly understand that I've talked to some of them. You mentioned slumlords earlier, you had to, you know, soy, yeah, well, some slum lords are going to get the benefit of this. But the positive potential impact of that is because slum lords also are facing increases in property tax, sometimes substantial. That's a pass through that that goes along to the renter. So the rents will increase. So by taking away the sting of this tax increase, maybe the rents won't be increased.
Speaker 14: Well, that's right, and you know, you hope people do the right thing. That's the invisible hand of the free market system. You know, if all of them get some decrease there, then maybe they decrease the rents or they take the money and improve the property. You know, And because people can get up and move too. So it's not like they're locked into that place. But it's one one landlord said, hey, I'm going to lower my rates. Maybe people go that way. So and but you know, again, there's a lot of small businesses, the local hardware store, the local shoeshine guy. You know those places need help too because they have to push those prices onto us.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's certainly true. Well, this screams for a legislative solution from Columbus. This property tax increased the way they calculated. I thought that they were working on a fix on that in Columbus. What happened to that? And did you reach out to our elected officials and Columbus to inquire about this?
Speaker 14: Well, after sixteen years in Columbus, I know how slow they move up there. And I'm not saying that they won't do anything. But we wanted to jump on this right away. And you know, again, we were blessed, not that we wanted it, but we're blessed with having this big fund after the sell of the railroad. Because the one thing I want to make clear, this will not cut services. This is a fund that will make the same payment the city budget, will get the same amount of money because it'll come from this budget, from this this fund we set up, so city will get their twenty nine million or thirty two million this year, and there will be no cuts to police or fire or social programs or all the stuff they do. And you know, because that's what they generally do. When you want to cut taxes, they go, oh, we're going to have to cut services. Nope, there'll be no no cut unless they cause a cut. But they'll get the same amount of money. But yeah, waiting for Columbus, it just it just takes a long time to get stuff there because we're a very diverse state. And you know what, the people on Mason they don't care and their rest doesn't care. And now now they care when they got to keep a tennis center and they want the city to send at the state to pay hundreds of millions of dollars to keep that. And we kind of come along because you know, that's that's politics. We make the sausage. But you know, so they may get around to doing something, but it just takes time.
Speaker 1: Now, what of the arguments before we've part company, Tom and I've been joying this conversation. It's enlightening. What are the argument that, well, if you take six hundred million from the one point six billion, that's going to be less money generated because there's less principle in there, and therefore we'll have less money to fix the projects that we've neglected now for the past three decades.
Speaker 14: Well, my understanding is the appetite or the ability of the city to actually do projects is you know, fifteen to twenty million a year. So it's a long way to get rid of that one point six billion or whatever it is. But I will say one thing might contradict you a little or not contradict what they're saying. I think they have designs on that money that they're not telling us. I'm pretty sure they want to build a big arena with that money. I'm pretty sure they want to do streetcar expansion with that money. It's the how do they market that and call, well, this is infrastructure. We already have a streetcar, so we're just improving the existing streetcar. Oh, we need an arena. Remember they expanded the convention center twenty years ago, declaring it was an act of war and we were in a state of war with other cities who had convention centers, and they that's the excuse they used to raise our earnings tax to pay for the convention center expansion. So they'll use any argument or anything they have to to do things like those big shiny objects like you talked about. So I'm not so sure that they planned on doing fixing that guy Street to once the pottobles fix with that money. I think they have their designs on something big so AFTEB can ride off into another office or in the DC or something like that. So I'm not I questioned their motive.
Speaker 3: I do too.
Speaker 1: Tom gonna get an argument from me on that one. That's sort of a I got my popcorn out waiting to see for I'm waiting for the Shenanigans declaration along the lines of what you're talking about. But at least in the meantime, we have what they promised, and we can all make an argument that whatever they're trying to do that's new is not existing infrastructure. Those arguments will be made whether or not your proposal goes through. So, since you got the language approve, you need how many signatures and in what time in order to secure it being on the ballot.
Speaker 14: We need about I think eighty seven hundred signatures. So we're going for about nine thousand. We need to get them within the next few weeks. You know, the dates kind of flexible. You know, there's a hard date that there's some others saying I've seen it go later earlier, depending on reasons. But yeah, I'd like to get them this month. And we do have a way where people can get.
Speaker 7: To the.
Speaker 14: In touch with us. We have a Facebook page which is Hamilton County Ohio Homeowners Hamilton County Ohio Homeowners. That's our Facebook page, okay, and we also have an email eighth with stands for Hamilton County Homeowners hh unite at gmail dot com. If you go to that, either send us an email, we can get your petition to circulate, we can get your signature. We're going to have gatherings like at Sinley Margaret or you know, restaurants or breweries where people can come and sign and also get petitions to get their folks out there. We've been using this time to organize people. So when we get those petitions, which is going to be early next week, we're going to hit the ground running, yeah, and get your signatures.
Speaker 1: Well, one thing it certainly does, it takes politics out of it. Every single property owner in the entire city gets a benefit from this without any you know, picking and choosing the winners and losers, which typically comes from politics. So I understand that, Tom Brickman, thanks thanks for explaining this to my listeners and me. I truly appreciate it, and I'll have my popcorn out on this. What is well?
Speaker 3: Tom?
Speaker 14: All right, well you have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thanks brother, you too, say twenty one fiftivebive carecy De talk station. Colin Electric will take great care of you for all your residential electric needs. They pride themselves on the honesty and the reputation, and they deserve the reputation they have, which is an honest one. Been family owned operated since nineteen ninety nine. Andrew Cullen is outstanding team of certified licensed electricians taking care of your big project, small projects, and everything in between. A plus with a Better Business Bureau ten year wiring warranty on everything from the smallest project like an outlet installation to rewiring your whole home. They'll do it right and you will get that wiring warranty and it will be done at the right price. So call them with confidence. I always mentioned that Colin Electriccincinnati dot com see u l E and Colin Electriccincinnati dot com. Here's the number. It's five one three two two seven four one one two two two seven four one one two fifty.
Speaker 10: Five KRC and iHeartRadio Station, the exclusive audio home on the NBC's coverage of the twenty twenty four Paris Olympics.
Speaker 1: Nine first, one to one. The polcasts got a beautiful day to day sunny in eighty five. Actually, it's going to be sunny and clear if you get sunny skies between now and Sunday, clear overnight. So with the following temperatures are high today eighty five overnighte of fifty eight, tomorrows hi seventy nine overnight sixty and eighty one under sunny sky Sunday. It's seventy two right now. Time for a traffic.
Speaker 5: Updates from the UCL Traffic Center. Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanta from multicultural communities give the Gift of Life signed up to date to be an organ donor. Southbound seventy five break lights continue through the Lockland Split. That's good for an extra two to three minutes northbound. Seventy five is cleared in the cut and crews are about to clear an accident on hunt at Plainfield chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 1: A twenty nine Happy Friday, Got time to talk if you want to call. Maybe react to Tom Bragman's proposal to redistribute some of that railroad money to ease your tax burden. Less against it now than I was before I talked to him, though, But the devil's in the details, and of course there will be litigation, I'm sure, most assuredly. So anyway, it's a ballot initiative. You'll have an opportunity to sign the petition if you choose to, and then maybe get a chance to vote on it. Five point three seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones. Got local stories to dive on into.
Speaker 7: Just saw this.
Speaker 1: They have a chaperone policy at Kings Island. They've had changes made to it as a consequence of multiple what they call unruly incidents at Kings Island involving juveniles in the past. According to the statement from Kings Island, the safety of our guests and associates has always been our top priority at Kings Island. Over the past two years, there have been increasing incidents of unruly and inappropriate behavior across our industry at other major entertainment of venues committed to keeping Kings On a place where families and friends can come together and enjoy one of a kind part full of fun experiences and immersive entertainment. As part of the commitment, we are implementing a chaperone policy. Here you go. All guests fifteen years old or younger must have a chaperon who's at least twenty one years old on Saturday starting at two pm. Other day starting at four pm, chaperon must show a valid government IDEA with their data birth at birth and ticket entry.
Speaker 7: One.
Speaker 1: Chaperone can watch no more than ten juveniles that are fifteen or younger per day. Chaperone must accompany them while entering the park and be available to the juveniles by phone during the stay. They're also required to stay on the park as long as the juveniles are there. Sixteen years and older guests may also be asked to present a government issued ID with their data birth on it if they're unable to verify a proof of age, then they may be denied entry. Guests fifteen years old and younger may be ejected from the park if they do not follow the code of conduct and do not have a chaperone. That rule applies to all guests, including King's Island season pass holders. So there you go. Chaperone policy kicking in Police Chief Batavia, but heave. According to Chief Jim Young, I was notified today five pm, this is yesterday, that I am being placed on administrative leave with pay pending an investigation of an allegation of misconduct on duty. I am unaware of what the allegation consists of, but I trust that Mayor ronk will do a full, complete investigation determine the facts. Fox nineteen reporting on this when they reached out to the mayor for comment and they have not yet heard from him. Acting Police Chief Corporal Christopher Warner according to confirmation recently they have ten sworn officers in the police department. And in other related news sort of condentding, we would go to Milford where the city manager and Milford announced yesterday that the city manager is resigning. City of Milford announced it anyway. Michael Dawes said he was resigning due to personal reasons and a statement. The state said it would appoint an interim manager within the coming days and didn't expect an interruption in city services. That's a balance on that one and go to Loveland. I love my Loveland and said to read this news. Loveland Police Department talking about car break ends sixteen thefts reported on the same day at the river Ridge apartment complex that happened over night July twenty eighth and twenty ninth. Residents in other areas and nearby have also The officers say more than thirty cars were broken into, two were stolen a one night in Loveland as well as neighboring jurisdictions. They believe the thieves are using stolen vehicles. Going back to Dan Hill's comment on venez whiling gangs breaking into homes, maybe this is a trend. I don't know. We had a Hundai Launtra stolen from an extended stay in Blue Ash. Six vehicles broken into the extended stay on Creek Road, fourteen vehicles broken into at the Embassy Suites on Lake Forest Drive. Six thousand dollars was taken from one vehicle lock. You're junk in the trunk or don't leave it in the car. Charmee mcguffee. Five vehicles broken into and suffered damage at courtyard in on Lake Forest Drive. More than a dozen vehicles broken into at various other municipalities on These are all on various dates. Blue Ash Police say that all jurisdictions in Hamilton County are working together investigate this crime spree, and Loveland Police say there have been no arrests and they haven't identified any suspects yet. Maybe somebody needs a ring, doorbell camera or something shocked. They don't have video that, at least they haven't announced that they have it yet. This was kind of comical baseball fan who went viral for storming the Great American Ballpark field and doing a backflip only to be tasered by a police officer. That guy, you may remember him, William Hendon, nineteen years old, captured by video from a bunch of people as well as professional sports photographers hence the online component, running onto the outfield, appearing to talk to Cleveland Guardians player and then doing a backflip before a police officer chased him down and then used a taser on him. He was taken to the Hamlin County Justice Center, booked within an hour, pleaded not guilty to charge the criminal trespass and obstructing official business. Those charges have now been dropped. I wonder why he was ordered instead to complete a diversion program. Prosecutor say, he's already done that, but he's still banned I guess permanently from Great American Ballpark. I don't know if they're going to lift that ban or not. Maybe talk to Pete Rose about being banned and then described as a sophomore toal House State University, as well as grandson of former Hamilton County Juvenile Court Judge Sylvia Hendon, who I know really well. Anyway, there you have it. I don't know which judge approved it. Going back to my conversation yesterday with Melissa Bowers, which you can find on the podcast Paid fifty five Care see dot com. Another number you want to call Susette Loasa Camp. You call her like my daughter called her about mortgages. My daughter and her boyfriend were working with some bank and they felt like they were getting the run around and they couldn't make in. Hear back from him. It was like I just callss at loads of camp. I speak for her. She's really nice. I said. The worst thing can happen is you don't work with her, So call her. They did, and I think it was just two short days later they had their financing arrangements locked in and now they're happily enjoying their new place and so so happy for them, and they just really raved about working with Susette. You're right, Dad, She was really nice and was easy to work with. And this is the first time either of them had been through the mortgage process, so she explained it perfectly to them, got her through all the all the eyes being dotted and t's being crossed, and again they're on their way. Same thing for you, whether you want to get equity out of your home, maybe you're interested in looking into reverse mortgage options. She can do that for you if you think that's the right thing to do. First time buyers, everybody can benefit from her thirty five years in the mortgage business, and since she's with Cross Country Mortgage, she can help you in every single state and Puerto Rico. So to hello to my Puerto Rican listeners. Call her up and leave her a message. She will get right back with you or send her an email the caller. It's five one three three one three fifty one seventy six five one three three one three fifty one seventy six, No junk fees, no application fees, great rates at the low cost email souzette dot Low's Camp, Los e kamps is at dot Low's Camp at CCM dot com fifty five KRC Steve Perrin aafter the nine first warning one of forecast Sundayday today, I I have eighty five clear every night, fifty eight Sunday tomorrow with the highest seventy nine clear overnight down to sixty and a sunny Sunday with a high eighty one. Let's see here seventy three degrees right now, time for traffick.
Speaker 5: Got day chuck from the UCT traffic center. Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanner from multicultural communities give the Gift of life. Sign up today to be an organ donor. Southbound seventy five continues to run an extra two to three minutes through Lochland elsewhere.
Speaker 1: You're not all that bad.
Speaker 5: Northbound four seventy one, just a bit heavy getting into the construction near Memorial. Northbound seventy five is clear through the cut. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Eight forty I think about KRCD talk station at five KC, dot comedy, Kalaus and Live Tech. Frederick Dave had Er the Orwell Report I like to call it. He was on earlier in the program, including China's plans to influence people through TikTok. Another admonishment from Dave happening every week to get off of TikTok. But they're not the only ones that started the program talking about Iran accelerating their cyberactivity to influence our election this November, and they are a fan of Donald Trump. The Iranians talking about fake news sites, impersonating activists, stoking division, and an effort to assuade the election. They're going to be using artificial intelligence to generate images that look real, and you're going to be questioning your own eyes and your own ears. There's no question about that. So they've done this before. This is a Microsoft report about the activity that's going on from the Iranians. Nothing from our own elected officials on this. But Microsoft identified four examples of recent Iranian activity that they expect will increase the closer we get to November. First, group of Iran's revolutionary guards in June targeted high ranking US presidential campaign official with a phishing email. They don't identify which official and which campaign, but I think we can all draw conclusions given that they want to assassinate Donald Trump. At least that's what our officials have said. Group concealed email's origin by sending it from the hacked email account of a former senior advisor. Then try to log into the account belonging to the former presidential candidate. But we're not successful, according to Microsoft. But you see they're trying Separately, they created websites that pose as US based news sites, targeting voters on opposite side of the political spectrum. According to the report from Microsoft, one fake news site lends itself to left leaning audience, insults Trump, calling him raving mad, suggesting that he uses drugs. You see, if you read it on the internet, it's true. Abraham Lincoln said that they point out another site meant to appeal to Republican readers, centers on LGBTQ issues and gender affirming surgery, which of course the Iranians wouldn't be in favor of But what's the point stirring division? They don't care where division comes from. As long as you and I are at each other's throats in this country over any given issue. That's the power of social media, and our foreign adversaries know all about it. Why are we always yelling at each other and why are we always so uncivil to each other over things that really don't matter to the vast majority of the American people, Like whether or not you're trans. I'm on in the record, don't care. I'm entitled to my own belief systems, though you know what I mean. I'm entitled to follow science with X and Y chromosomes and X and X chromosomes and determining someone's gender, whether they identify as somebody else, that's beyond my control. But I do believe in science, and you can't tell me that I'm wrong when I believe in science. Right, we can live with each other under those parameters. Just don't teach my children that there's no difference between the sexes. Third example, Microsoft found the running groups are impersonating US activists, laying the groundwork for influence operations as we get closer to the election. That on the heels of another article. I found a Chinese American posing as a pro democracy activist has been convicted of spying for China, facing up to I believe, twenty five years in prison. He starts ar did a pro well an anti China pro democracy site. Chinese nationals joined the site and wanted to work with him, believing him to be above board and in fact pro democracy, which flies in the face of what the Chinese Communist Party wants. Turns out, Wang Shoo John No, he is actually working for the chiacoms. He was gathering information about these individuals who joined his organization and handed it over to the Chinese Communist Party.
Speaker 3: Hmm.
Speaker 1: That's the same kind of thing they're pointing to that Iran will be doing on social media, impersonating US activists, trying to influence you and lying at the same time. Another illustration, the final one, another Iranian group in May compromised an account owned by a government employee in a swing state. Not clear in that one whether the cyber attack was related to election interference efforts, but nonetheless Microsoft is pointing out that this is going on real time right now and rate waiving a giant red flo lag of warning that it's going to continue and ramp up. That's just Iran. Do you think China's going to take a hands off approach? Do you think the Russians going to take a hands off approach North Korea? Are they going to be taking a hands off approach? Are they just going to let us make up our own minds and try not to influence the hearts and minds of Americans as we get closer in November. Division it's all about division, destroying the concept that we all live under in this country up until recently, which is that we enjoy freedoms that no one else has, and those freedoms includes differences of opinions, the freedom to exercise one's individual thought and make one's individual choices. No, no, no, no, There'll be no more of that. Can't even stand beneath the American flag with a mixed group of people beneath it and at least point to that flag as a symbol of the aforementioned freedom and just try to get along based upon that unifying principle. It's no longer unifying, at least among the left, primarily because they are forcing down your throat their ideology, which is of course summed up as from each according's ability to each according to his need eh A forty six. Feel free to call five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three talk, and one more number you're gonna need to call, or a website you need to visit to maybe save you tons of money and get you better medical coverage. And that's covered Sincy. John Roman and the team work for you. They have access to hundreds of insurance companies with thousands of medical insurance policies, but they're working for you. It's a fiduciary relationship, so they're not going to sell your information to anybody else like other sites. Go ahead, try to search for medical insurance online. You are going to go down a rabbit hole John Roman and the team at covers since he will find the best path for you to get dollar one coverage for less money. Employers, you're going to do yourself a huge service by going to cover Sincy. They can improve your bottom line while getting those people who don't buy medical insurance covered because it will be affordable and useful considering it has dollar one coverage. They have couples under sixty five save them between five hundred and a thousand dollars a month with better coverage could be you. So check them out online and remember you get the team that covers Sincy beyond just getting the insurance. Once you're insured through cover Sincy, if there's any issues at all, like with a claim an explanation of benefits, they didn't pay something, call them, not the insurance company. They'll spend the time on the phone with the insurance company and iron out the problem. It's just a wonderful added benefit. They're really great coversinsey dot com. There's a form there you can fill out the start the process. No obligation, just a little bit of time. Five one three eight hundred call five one three eight hundred two two five.
Speaker 8: To five fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Always put a smile on my face. Well they hear the launching of this song Wonderful World thanks to a couple of listeners I Randy listener Luntro this week. So I love when you play a Wonderful World on Fridays. Put a smile on my face as I feel the same way. Always excited about Fridays and at least the promise of the weekend. You know quite often doesn't work out the way op. But you know what a weekend with nothing to do except naval contemplate, That's a okay with me. We are going out to see a band though, tonight, so I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 7: Ah.
Speaker 1: Some of you might know, I listen, you know, one of the races I'm really following. Obviously following from Ohio, I am. And of course Bernie Moreno is obviously a far better choice than the uber left shared brown Sheridan thinks he finds himself a bit of trouble. Ohio obviously a blue state. Obviously, when Trump he's in the race of his life, he votes with Joe Biden and the leftists that run our lives in Washington, d C. Ninety eight percent of the time. You cannot get away from that. Check out five thirty eights polling on that Brown votes ninety eight percent with the Biden administration. So go ahead, look at all the policies and all the trillions of dollars that have been dumped into this economy over the past few years, with the Green New Deal and the Inflation Reduction Act, and go on and on and on and on and on. It's all him. He is one of the reasons we have inflation. That's not to say Republicans are not guilty of jacking the deficit up themselves when they're in full charge. Anyway, Brown, speaking with CNN, said, I often skip conventions because he's not going to the Democratic Convention this year, maybe because he wants to separate himself and sort of try to maintain this posture that he's actually a moderate of some sort, which he can't get away with here in the morning show Washington Free Break and took a look at this. They looked at the public records, newspaper archives and what's available out there and found out, well, no, you don't often skip conventions. You've only missed one since nineteen eighty four. First Democratic convention in nineteen eighty four, then he was Secretary of State here in Ohio. He spoke alongside prominent Democrats in order to boost Walter Mondale's candidacy. How well did that work out? Fast forward to nineteen eighty eight Democratic National Convention in Atlanta, Georgia. He was there. Then he missed the nineteen ninety two Democratic National Convention in Manhattan. That's the same year he was first elected to Congress. Four years later, He's back Chicago nineteen ninety six, received exclusive tour Wrigley Field apparently, and he also took a few swings in the batting cage and ran the bases at Wrigley Field while attending the Democrat convention. He went to the twenty on two thousand and four convention. Back in two thousand and eight, he hosted a town fall event was broadcast on c SPAN from the convention. Twenty twelve convention, he sat next to President of Tim Ryan from Ohio during the Democratic festivities in Charlotte, North Carolina. He was given a primetime speech at the Democratic National Convention in twenty sixteen. Where are all these conventions that he was missing? The two thousand are? The twenty twenty Democratic Democratic National Convention was virtual, you may recall that, but he still appeared remotely in a segment called America Recovering Stories of Survival, and according to Brown, that year's convention was one of the best. Quote. I've been to a lot of conventions for a lot of years, and I thought the single best moments I've ever seen were the role Call of the States last night. Referring again to the twenty twenty convention where Joe Biden, the feeble old man whose cognitive decline was being hidden by every Democrat, including the current nominee for the Democratic presidential election this year. Anyway, people have a record, you can't hide from it. And going back to my comments about Kamala Harrison, literally everyone in all sides of the media now going what the hell does she stand for? She has a record she's run on. So if you're question marking where she might hound out how she might run the administration, just look at where she was and all the issues and what she said out loud. I think her words actually mean something. Tech Frida be Dave had her Dan Hills during the program to talk about the FOP endorsements, and of course Tom brick and Brickman breaking down why he wants to take six hundred million out of the railroad money and use it for tax cuts for the Cincinnati City homeowners. Draw your own conclusions on that one. You'll be able to sign a petition, I think beginning as early as Monday on that have a wonderful, wonderful weekend. Tune in Monday for money Monday, and Christopher Smithman, I hope you have a fantastic weekend. Like I said before, Joe Drecker, thanks for all that you do. Stick around, Glen Beex coming right up history string as it happens. Never before has an election mattered so much.
Speaker 10: Minutes away, at the top of the hour, fifty five KRC, the talk station