Speaker 1: On WJR, Orlando's rock station, Lynch and Taco. Good morning, it is time for tack it out latest technology news innovations share with you every week at this time, brought you by Jr's Pick your Ticket Thursday going on on our Instagram at one o one one WJRR.
Speaker 2: A bunch of great shows you can win tickets to. Again it's at one oh one one WJRR. You could go home with some vult Beat tickets, nine inch Nails tickets.
Speaker 1: Just good bye there to some point today. You don't have to do it right this second until like midnight. All right, all right, let's get to some tech news and stuff here. Obviously the news about tariffs are impacting lots of things technology related. Uh, but not just yet. Keep that in mind. Stuff that is here in the country already that was made someplace else has not been tariffed. So if you're you're on the fence about buying, you know, whatever, time maybe to do it now rather than wait, you know, a month or two when new supplies come in that are subject to tariffs. And again it will also depend on what country they're coming in from.
Speaker 2: That said, is that what you're talking about with TVs and phones.
Speaker 1: Le' get to that here. Apple has proactively airlifted planeloads. It's being described as planeloads full of iPhones and max ahead of the tariffs that went into effect against China. Mainly at this point where things are right now, China is who's getting hit the hardest by the US and post tariffs now at one hundred and twenty five percent. Right As for the other countries involved, the reciprocal tariff was paused for ninety days, all right, The ten percent across the board tariff is in effect for all those other countries, and there's about eighty five country is right now that if come to the US saying let's renegotiate our trade deals in tariffs. So this is an evolving situation. The real target here with all of this is China, obviously, because so much stuff we consume comes from there.
Speaker 2: You can't you can't look at a product without the majority of them that's see in China.
Speaker 1: Now, as it pertains to other products like televisions, obviously a lot of the Apple stuff made in China. So that's why Apple proactively got stuff in here to keep the supply chain full for the time being TVs. A lot of TVs made in China too, especially if you're looking for a High Sense or a TCL. Those are Chinese brands and considered budget brands here in the US. The ones the product that's here now you can get at the existing prices, But anything that's going to come in after the fact, you probably expect to go up. What about some of the other TV manufacturers, big names like Sony and LG and Samsung, Imson. Some of their stuff is made in China, but not nearly all of it. A lot of those manufacturers assemble stuff bound for the US in Mexico, which will be the ten percenter deal here. And again there's a lot of inventory currently in the US. If you're on the fence about purchasing a TV, probably would be better to do it sooner than waiting a month or two where it may go higher.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, So the way I look at it and Layman's terms, I'm gonna still walk into a store and see what the price is. If it's affordable, then I'll get it. If not, but that's if I need it.
Speaker 1: A lot of gamers looking forward to the Nintendo Switch too, Is that price going to be affected. Well, we already know it's launching June fifth, and it's going to cost four hundred and fifty dollars, which is up substantially from the three hundred dollars price point for the predecessor. That price point is not going to change. Japanese run Nintendo says that it will still be a price said four hundred and fifty dollars. So there's that. And then what about the TikTok situation? How's that going to be affected with things being ratcheted up between the US and China. Deal is still on the table, according to administration. They extended the deadline another seventy five days ahead of all this air of stuff. And uh, this may be one of these deals that comes down to push comes to shove at some point. I don't I don't think Bite Dances just want to goin to give up the US market. But yet you still need China to sign off on the deal, So they're kind of at a you know, a head's there, so keep an eye on that one as well.
Speaker 2: And this is blood he texted in goodbye Timu.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that the the Chinese Amazon of sorts. They're they're probably not real happy right now. This is interesting. Jeff Bezos is apparently funding a secretive ev startup based out of Michigan called Slate Auto that could start production as soon as next year timing on this. Apparently this has been in the works in evolving since twenty twenty two and now they're geting ready to fire up production. This may be an example of striking while the iron's hot. With all the Tesla controversy that's going on right now, you see an opportunity in business, you got to jump in and take it when you can. Right So, we'll see if you start hearing more about Slate Auto in their EV line that they're going to be offering. And finally we have this for Virginia. High school students have created an app to identify oral cancer. It uses a smartphone to take a picture of a person's mouth and then scans the image and produces information on whether or not there's a cancerous tumor inside. The app uses AI and Company. The app uses AI and compares the person's picture to images of hundreds of others that are healthy or have benign and malignant tumors.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: The students say they're working on getting FDA approval to get the app into the App Store and play Store. They also plan to make the app free. Good for them, Yeah, good for them, Well done. All right, So that's what we got for check it out this week. Please stick around. We've got Lynch and Tacos commercial free Workday Rock block coming up right around at eight o'clock. Nice long stretch of uninterrupted music to standby for that, Lynchin Tago on demand Download the Iheartaio app. All right, Mills Air