Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, here's Wayne Resnick. Oh, good morning everybody. T F I AM six forty Live everywhere the iHeartRadio app. It's a Bill Handle show. He's taking the Friday after Thanksgiving off. Now. I don't know if this is true. Just so you understand, I'm not reporting this. I'm sharing a rumor that there were multiple plumbing trucks seen this morning in front of the handlehouse. I would not doubt that, and I know that it is brown Fry, the busiest day of the year for plumbers. And I'm not gonna say who tipped me off, but apparently it's a it's a caravan going on right now. So he has bitter fish to fry, so to speak. Uh, let's do some good mornings as his customary during this shift. That voice you heard the wonderful Michelle Cube, executive producer of KFI producing this morning also will be I guess producing over the holidays. Oh yes, and I am here in for Bill.
Speaker 3: After thirty years, I'm still working holidays.
Speaker 2: Go figure. Good morning, Wayne, Good morning you never mind. I was about to say something that you should never say to a lady, uh oh, you looked deeaph it. I don't know what I'm I don't know. I don't know what decorum I'm trying to stand on at this point. You you you do look a tad sleepy.
Speaker 3: I'm well Apostathons coming up too, So this is like that big We had like lots of remotes last week.
Speaker 2: I had.
Speaker 3: I think I drove five hundred miles in my car in like three days because I was in Orange County.
Speaker 2: Like three days. It's been.
Speaker 3: It's been busy. And I cooked yesterday.
Speaker 2: Oh of course you did, yeah, and then you had to get up so early to be here. I did.
Speaker 3: But I'm happy to be because I love you.
Speaker 2: I love you too. Coach here, Good morning, sir. What's up Wayne? I don't know we're gonna find out. I got a lot of by the way, Michelle, I know you're the producer of the show this morning, and I got a lot of gripes and I can already I already see the tangents. But I'm going to go off on all right, And I got a lot on my mind, okay, and a new face to me possibly to y'all in for Amy King, Eileen Gonzalez, good morning.
Speaker 4: Good morning, And I love that you said, y'all, I'm from Texas, so I say that all the time.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was born in Texas. We're from Texas, are you.
Speaker 4: I'm originally from San Antonio, lived in Dallas and Austin and all over.
Speaker 2: Oh that's way, that's way over there, Yeah, Port Arthur. Born in Port Arthur, just like Janis Joplin, way over on the Louisiana side.
Speaker 4: All right, love the Texans.
Speaker 2: Do you mean the team or the people?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the people and the team.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe not. So I'm gonna I'm gonna say something nice about you, even though I don't know you. Okay. And then here's what's gonna happen for the next few minutes. Just so everybody, let's just set the stage. I'm gonna say something nice too, and about Eileen Gonzamas. Then we are gonna talk for a minute about this Trump guitar that Eileen was reporting on. They're being sued by Gibson for copying the less Paul body shape. I'm looking at it right now, and I have a couple of things that I do wish to say about it. As as a guitar person, and then we will start some handle on the news on this day after Thanksgiving. So, uh, when I was told you were going to be here, Alen Gonzalez, Yes, I did go scope out your Instagram, and I'm just glad to see you describe yourself as both a mom dog and a cat dog. I know you have one of each.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm not biased. I love them both.
Speaker 2: Say so, yes, thank you, because I've had it up to here with that I'm a this person, which somehow means I can't be you know what I mean, Like, I'm a dog person, so cats can all go to Hell or vice versa. I can't. I can't. I'm not. I won't do it anymore. I can't do it anymore. Anybody who says anything like that to me is immediately excommunicated from my life.
Speaker 4: Hey, I even had an iguana once.
Speaker 2: Oh that's pretty cool. I never had an iguana. I had bearded dragons.
Speaker 4: Oh cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah. All right, let's not spend too far off the beaten path other than to say heaps of praise upon you, lover of both of the major pets. Now this guitar you were reporting, uh, you know they're selling the Trump guitar. They're actually selling to an acoustic and electric And as to the electric Trump guitar that they are selling, they are being sued by Gibson for copying the trademarked Les Paul guitar shape. So here's the thing. I thought, well, let's go check out this Trump guitar because I want to know. I want to know the guitar things about it. What's the neck radius, does it have a truss rod? Does it have a double ended truss rod? What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What is it made of? What kind of pickups does it have? What kind of electronics might it have? So I'm looking at it now, and we start off pretty good. This is only for guitar people. The next minute or so, I'm sorry if you don't if you don't care about guitars, go go ad go ad to Brown Friday for a minute or two. So we start with it's a mahogany body and the neck is mahogany and the fret board is rosewood. And that's all great. Now what kind of pickups does it have? I really want to know. Well, unfortunately, this is what they're doing with the branding. You know, what kind of pickups it has? Maga forty five trump buckers. That's hilarious to me because, okay, so I know they're probably humbuckers, which are low noise pickups. I'm not going to get too far into the weeds, but calling them maga forty five shrump buckers is weird. But even weirder, what kinds of strings does it come with? Most of the time, when you buy a new guitar, they don't get into what brand of strings are on it. They might tell you the gauge of the strings that are on it. But in this case, they're telling you. You want to know what kind of strings come on your trump guitar. They're called maga benders. All right, Maga, I don't it's I it's fifteen hundred dollars this guitar. I need to know more. What is the what is the wiring of a trump bucker guitar? Pickup? Do I even want to look at the acoustic guitar? We're already so far off where we're supposed to be. Let's take a look now the oh that is. I am not trying to upset anybody. I think I think I don't know if anybody's listening, who's familiar with me at all. I mean, I've been on a station a long time. Some people might kind of go, yeah, I've heard him. I'm not even political. I don't. This acoustic trump guitar is ugly. It is super ugly. I'm sorry. You can go look at it and tell me if you dis Actually, don't tell me, because I don't care. So this is a solid, solid spruce body. Okay, they don't even know how to describe a guitar because they're telling me the body is solid spruce. But then they're telling me the backs and sides are a different kind of wood, so then the body can't be spruce. They maybe they mean the top is solid spruce, the neck is mahogany, the red board is rosewood. That's nice. These come with magatne strings. Hey, what kind of strings do you play? Oh? I play Ernie Ball, fossphor bronze. What do you play? Oh? I play Martin's What do you play? Oh? My guitars? They're all strung with magatne. There's way too much graphically going on with this guitar. It's got a giant eagle on the front of it, who's not even facing the right way. And a flag and this massive inlay across the neck that says make America great again. And it's too much. I'm not taking issue with the sentiment. I'm taking issue with the garishness of the thing. Well, it is Trump twelve hundred and fifty dollars for the acoustic, fifteen hundred for the electric. Be interesting to see what happens with the lawsuit with Gibson. All right, here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna start handle on the news right now because we do have something that's important for some people to hear. And then we'll get some news from my Lincolnzalas, and then we'll continue the show and I'll try to be more professional. So lead story, is there a thing? Sorry, I sprung that on you, Kono, and I apologize. There isn't a evacuation warning for some parts of Riverside County because of a fire called the Canyoncrestfire that started out when the fire department got to it. Originally it was one hundred by one hundred feet, considered a spot fire, and very quickly it went to ten acres and then eighty five acres. Zero percent containment, and so the important thing is if you are in this area, you are under an evacuation warning. And you will know if you are in Riverside County and I tell you these borders, you will know north of the sixty east of County Village Road, south of the Riverside San Barnino County Line, west of Sierra Avenue. And you can always go to rvcfire dot org and check out the latest evacuation zones and other information about this fire. They probably when they showed up, said oh, we'll take care of this in a few minutes. And that is not how it goes anymore with fires in southern California.
Speaker 3: It moved quick, and it was a decent day yesterday. I mean it was it was warm, yeah, I mean you.
Speaker 2: Didn't have it wasn't super dry, wasn't it. You didn't have the crazy winds. But it doesn't matter necessarily anymore. They will not be pop lockin and tiktoking in Australia if they are under the age of sixteen because their parliament has passed a ban on social media for kids under sixteen. They have like we do. They have a Senate and they have a House of Representatives. So this bill passed their Senate thirty four to nineteen and their House of Representatives one oh two to thirteen. And this puts the onus on the platforms themselves, not on the kids, not on the parents, but on the platforms who can be fined up to fifty million Australian dollars, which is about thirty three million real dollars that we have here in the United States, the best dollars in the world, if they have a problem with kids under sixteen getting accounts here.
Speaker 3: Now, my question is, though, if a kid lies about his age, I mean, how did they determine whether a kid is sixteen or younger.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the interesting part of this whole thing. The social media platforms, primarily in this case Meta, who's been pretty vocal about it. They're not complaining about the idea of restricting kids under sixteen, but they're saying this law went through too fast, and it doesn't spell out how they're supposed to deal with exactly what you're talking about, What, what will the procedures be, et cetera. So the correct answer to your question right now is I don't know. Nobody knows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's nothing preventing anybody from life about when they were born.
Speaker 2: Unless they start to do what they have done in several states here in the United States with regard to pornography, which is you have to verify your age, not by checking a box that says, oh, yeah, I'm eighteen, but by either uploading drive your government ID, or some states have something where I guess it turns on your camera and you show them your face and then it uses an algorithm to determine if you're over eighteen or not. And if the algorithm says, oh, this person is absolutely over eighteen, there's no question, then it puts a little token on your browser or something like that. It's pretty intrusive. Apparently. The correct answer, by the way, for you porn lovers who live in a state where they have this online ID thing and if you are over eighteen, the correct answer is to use a VPN and go through a server in a state that doesn't have that, and then you won't have to give the government that kind of sensitive information. Because I'm not believe me, I'm the last person who is going to get Pornography is the most evil thing in our society, and anyone who looks at it is a pervert. No, but I think we can all agree. Just like going to the bathroom, it's something almost everybody does, but it's still kind of private, so you really don't want the government to have that information. So now this is a little less perhaps upsetting in the sense of touching on a sensitive area of our lives wanting to have a TikTok account. So if they put into place some kind of age verification where you have to put an official ID or something, all the government could know, then you were trying to get an Instagram account, which is maybe less I don't know, less of a reckoning for you, but they don't know, is the long answer. Oh so if President elect Donald Trump spoke to the President of Mexico, Claudia Scheinbaum, and then they came away and they said some different things about what they discussed during the phone call, Like, for example, President elect Trump said, oh, she promised they're going to stop all the unauthorized border crossings on our border. That's what she promised me. And she said, no, I didn't we that's not what I said. There's also the issue of tariffs. The incoming Trump administration is talking a lot about putting tariffs on all kinds of items, from all kinds of countries, and there were people saying this is going to lead to a tariff war between the United States and Mexico, and the United States and China. We put a tariff, they'll put a tariff, and on and on and on. Well, the President of Mexico said, oh, no, I am confident we will not have a tariff war with the United States. Now, she won't say details of what specifically was discussed, promised, agreed to, offered in exchange or anything like that, but she is publicly saying she does not believe there will be a tariff war with Mexico. Raw milk lovers, there has been a recall of some raw milk that has bird flu in it. I think even if you are a proponent of raw milk, you would agree you would prefer not to have bird flu in your raw milk. So it's from a company called raw Farm LLC. And uh they're out of Fresno, and they've issued a voluntary recall. It's milk lot code number two O two four one notice. I said it in the in the public interest, I said it, but I said it too fast for anybody to remember it. Have you ever had raw milk. Not to my knowledge, I have not had raw milk either. Cono, like straight out of the utter, is that what milk means? I'm assuming that's not necessarily it. No, it can. It's been bottled and you know you can find it some places.
Speaker 5: Oh, just not like the warmed process goes through it. Right, that's I don't think so right, it's not passing good short answer, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think so that's all right. I lean.
Speaker 4: I don't even have to worry about the bird flu getting me that way, because I would get so sick from being lactose intolerant.
Speaker 2: Oh all right, so this is not this is not something you gotta worry about whether your milk is raw or cooked.
Speaker 4: No, not worried.
Speaker 2: Well anyways, So there you go. I don't know what to think about it. There's a big movement now that has really surged this year, the pro raw milk.
Speaker 4: People supposed to be good for you, supposedly, but not if it has verflue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see that's not that's the problem. Every year this happens. People. Once you vent about a thing and then it keeps happening. Maybe find a new thing. The Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. There are always musical performers. This time around, you had I Believe the Temptations, you had Cocoa Jones, and you had Ariano Mattox and some other people. And people are all over social media screaming and yelling because those musical artists were lip syncing. Now, which is, first of all, what do you expect them to do in that kind of a setting where you're moving down the street and it's live TV. It's not if there were if it wasn't televised and it was just an event, maybe they could be up there singing, but they have to coordinate the audio with a live television broadcast. Yes, there's almost no way to do it live, and we know this from years previous. So to act like you've just discovered the deep dark secret of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, which is the musical artist or lip syncing, you have discovered nothing, Magellan, nothing And did you give them a break?
Speaker 3: Did you hear before the parade that the bluey balloon.
Speaker 2: Yes, it went it went blue? Did you imagine didn't? But it didn't. Here's the thing, it didn't like explode. No, Apparently when they inflate the balloons. They're in some kind of netting. Yes, so it's in a partic but you hear it. You can hear it, popp and they knew immediately that it had popped. Yeah, how about that scandal. Let's get some more scandals. You can't listen the only time. There's two things I can think of where where performers performed live while moving down city streets. One of them Brockampton. Never mind, nobody knows Brockcampton anymore. The Beastie Boys on Letterman doing check it out where they start. I'm not sure where they started from specifically, but they were out on the street outside the Ed Sullivan Theater and they got a camera tracking them, and they're walking and the camera's moving, and they're doing there and they are live, absolutely live, and they end up going all through into the building, through the backstage and out onto the stage. Very cool, but limited distance. The only audio project of its type that the show had to deal with that day. And you can do something like that, But otherwise, please leave the Temptations alone.
Speaker 3: Oh and can we give people a heads up? This will happen at the Rose Parade too, so don't start complining about the lip syncing at the Rose Parade because it's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Well, they're going to, they're going to. That's some people, that's their whole identity, that's their entire identity. Complaining specifically calling out lip syncing, that's what's on there, that's what's on their LinkedIn and their dating profile and their social media bio.
Speaker 5: I call out lip syncing. We're gonna be a devil's advocate for two seconds. Uh no, Just then, why say you're having live performances? They put it out on all the media outlets and say live performances from when you can just say we're going to have music from name your artist.
Speaker 2: This is the kind of pedantic nitpicking that I personally love. I'm serious, I'm not being sarcastic against you. This is you sound like me right now. And they absolutely could simply say with musical performances from the Temptations and War, why can't we seeing live? Why can't we seeing live?
Speaker 3: Could people sue as viewers?
Speaker 2: Ah, my friends, No, I'm lip syncing a lot alone. Well, except what do you pay? You don't pay anything to watch it, So what are your damages?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Speaking of people upset about music. This one. I can kind of understand this one. I've never heard of these Jim oh well, it's one of Kono's, if not his favorite band that we're about to talk about. The band called Knocked Loose, which is, how would you describe them? They're like a hardcore metal, speed metal, grind core band.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, hardcore guy. I'm a big hardcore So it's like a metal core. It's like hardcore, but then it has heavy, heavy riffs.
Speaker 2: Heavy. Well, here's the deal. Instead of just trying to describe it and have people try to imagine it, we're going to play a little bit for you, not from the Jimmy Kimmel Show, but of their a single they've come out with with Poppy, you know, the entertainer Poppy. And they were on Jimmy Kimmel Live, which, yeah, you would not expect what you're about to hear on a show as mainstream as that. So you're in front of Jimmy Kimmellive, your TV and they go and here's our musical guess, Knocked Loose with Poppy, and this is what you hear. Oh my god, all right, take it down, Take it down, Prono, take it down, because somewhere in there are some curses and I'm not sure where they go. So you get the idea of what kind of music that you're dealing with. So people are complaining about this now, including some woman who said that it scared her kids and that her son was crying because it was so scary. I'd put that on my album after that, I'm scar that would be the pull quote yeah, quote oh man, So that happened. Also, let's finish the segment with something. I don't think anybody's upset about this. Oh. Eileen Gonzalez has been reporting on this. The National Dog Show took place yesterday and the winner Best in Show first time ever for this breed, Veto the pug by Veto. If you're wondering what does Veto look like? If you know what a pug looks like, you know what he looks like. He looks like a pug. He's so cute, indistinguishable to me from any other pug, which is not a slam against him at all. I'm just saying, pugs really look like pugs. Beating out over two thousand other dogs from two hundred and five breeds.
Speaker 3: And he beat out the German shepherd a Great Dane, a Dalmatian, a Sheitu, a Chesapeake Bay Retriever, and at Oskawha, which I don't remember what it looks like.
Speaker 2: But he's adorable. He was so cute. Yeah, he's a cute dog. But why did it win? It's just a little pust He was like this, Well, but you know if they walk them, they walk them around, it's their stride. I've watched it.
Speaker 5: That's why a pug has never won, because if you watch it and you're like, oh, you have to have you know, they lift their tail and they look in their butt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah they do. So I don't know, like why this pug.
Speaker 3: It was just the perfect specimen of a pug. That's what wins is the perfect specimen of that breed.
Speaker 2: Literally, the length of his legs, the length between the torso, length between the legs, the height, the specific curvature of his little pug spine, all of these things. I mean, let's be honest. This is not a competition that you win from talent and hard work necessarily. It's mostly a competition that you win from genetics. Like life. It's like life, Like, yeah that life works. We all know that, ye damn it Michelle, Yes, can you possibly do you still have access to the X account for this show? I?
Speaker 3: I do have a access to the X account for the KFI.
Speaker 2: Okay, can guess? Can you please post the link for people to vote in the thing we're about to talk about because it's one of these god awful long URLs. Yes, I'll post the line, and I'm not gonna say to people if I say to you, oh, just go to FhG rehab dot com slash first Dash Responder Dash Pause Dash Award. That's not gonna help anybody, and it's not gonna help No Me, the Beverly Hills Police Department support dog, who is a runner up for the First Responder Pause Therapy Dog Award. No me. Do you know that Nomy can detect your blood pressure? And if your job as a dog is to calm people down, that's a pretty helpful skill that she has. She also helps kids love reading with Nomi story time at the Beverly Hills Library. She does sixteen hours of support training every month. In fact, there is an event coming up on December thirteenth at the Beverly Hills Public Library Winter Tales with Nami. So let's vote her the winner of this thing. However, I mean, I'll say it again if you wanna try to remember it or write it down. But Michelle, when you know exactly people can go just chime in and say, oh it is up at and just tell people. I'm assuming we're going to what a KFI Answers.
Speaker 3: Form six four dot com. I just posted it with the link a little picture.
Speaker 2: Of me on the web on the we're talking about on the website now on the on the X account for camp I am six all right, which the handle is not account to Okay, but the handle, the ex handle is not kfiam six forty dot com.
Speaker 3: Is it KIM six forty at?
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 2: This is how people are talking about election interference all the time, and here we have all kinds of election interference where they make it so hard to vote for this cute dog.
Speaker 3: I'll also put it up on the KFI Instagram account in the stories I'll put there.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, thank you, welcome. Nommy is very cute. I looked at all the other nominees and I love all dogs, and they're all cute. But quite honestly, and this is not you know, hometown bias. It really isn't. They're all cute, all these therapy dogs. They're all minimum B plus plus dogs. But Nommy is an A plus in comparison. This is the way it is, all right, So go to those places. Yep, it's right there, all there. It's on the If you go to the website for the station, there'll be something there. If you go to the the ex account for the station at KFIAM six forty, it'll be there, and the Instagram for the station at KFIAM six forty, and you'll be able to see her cute face and go vote for her. And next time, folks with contests where you go to vote, you know, put together an easy to say on the radio URL like Therapy Dog Award dot com. Right, and I could have said it fifty times people would remember it. Yeah, all right, Calm down, way, calm down.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 2: Now, this is not a scientific survey or anything like that. But apparently the New York Times asked people to just write in with their thoughts about Black Friday, and specifically the tradition of getting up early and going out and around to all the stores, and they got a lot of responses saying, we don't give a damn anymore, and we would rather sleep in. And there was a time maybe in our lives when it was fun to get up early and go stand in lines and go, you know, closeline another mom to be so that you can get the doll before she gets to the doll. But no more, which is true because Black Friday. Remember when it was big news and we thought we were being so clever and helpful when we would come on the radio and go, you know, Black Friday really isn't the day that retailers go from the red to the black anymore. We thought we were so cool because we knew that. But now Black Friday isn't anything. I mean I was getting emails for Black Friday sales two weeks ago, so.
Speaker 3: It's not a big deal like it used to be.
Speaker 2: It really well because of I think e commerce is a big part of it. You know, if I have an e store, I'm not gonna wait until Black Friday to give you a deal. I'll give it to you a week early and get your money. Then when Black Friday and the brick and mortars like bo we got a doorbuster on some gloves, and a lot of people are like I already bought gloves I bought gloves a week ago. Sorry. Also, it's much more pleasant to not have to get out of bed to do your shopping. You got to get out of bed early and put on clothes and go wait in a line with a bunch of stinky people, and then it's a madhouse and nobody has manners. And also, remember when we thought we were clever because we were revealing that the best deals of the year are usually not on Black Friday anymore. Yeah, no, it's Cyber Monday. Cyber Monday is a big thing, but really it's just once Halloween is over, you start to get I'm listen, I'm being stalked right now by a department store chain because I went on their website and I looked at some bath sheets and some fitted sheets, which are not the same kinds of sheets.
Speaker 3: As you know.
Speaker 2: Bass sheet is basically a huge towel and a fitted sheet is a sheet. And now every single day I get emails with this, an item that you browsed is on sale, an item that you browsed is low in stock, better buy it now. And it's it's incessant. The the marketing from businesses has gotten out of control, and it's like, you know, there's a reason I didn't buy it in the first place. You got, so don't keep sending it to me. You have a clear cookies Yeah, no, well it's too late because it's not a cookie, it's a pixel. It's those things they call pixels, which is a part of the website that you can't see that sends information to them about what you're looking at. That's what they're using. I don't mind, Listen. I have no problem with being contacted occasionally by some merchants that I've done business with, But honest to God, Bloomingdale's, I do not need seven emails a day from you because the same sphera fitted sheet is still on sale. I don't need that.
Speaker 3: Get it Wayne. They want you to come get it. That's why I know.
Speaker 2: Also, also, this is the time of year where you hear from merchants you have not done any business with for literally years. Yes, Oh, Sirlatob is back. I haven't been in one or purchased anything from a Sirlotab for probably ten years now. But oh, here they are like an ex, like an ex coming back with like, hey, it's been a while, how you doing. There's a reason we broke up.
Speaker 3: Because a spatch look us like fifty FUS dollars.
Speaker 2: Well, I just have no you know, you're not a part of my life anymore. It's kind of sad, really, it's a little bit sad. So anyway, Black Friday, everybody's over it. That's why you notice that we're not talking about it. We're not doing a segment on Black Friday or anything like that. All right, ladies and gentlemen, that is Handle on the news for this Friday after Thanksgiving. If I am six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app, you've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch my show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.