Speaker 1: It is hard to believe that it is twenty twenty five and we are all here the Ben and Skin show in person, back together again. All of us are here, all hands on deck for one day and then we'll be gone on a one day vacation tomorrow. No is that that we're back or that we're gone again.
Speaker 2: It was mostly for us being back, come back for another three day weekend.
Speaker 3: Y'all aren't working tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I'm actually doing sideline reporting for the North Texas Bowl game.
Speaker 3: Okay, good? Good? What bowl is that? It's the First Responders Bowl?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: You gain jokes, Ben, I'm.
Speaker 1: Grateful, unlike you guys grateful. I'm grateful for our first responders. Christina and I side with our first responders. You guys have never done anything to support first responders.
Speaker 3: Good, we'll see how much you care. We'll see out there tomorrow. You guys.
Speaker 1: You guys, you guys support second responders. Hey, Ben, hand me that coin you always carry with you, that that first responder gave you.
Speaker 3: I want to see it. That is pocket right. That is the problem when you forget.
Speaker 4: To have that coin.
Speaker 3: When you see them, they're like, do you know about the coins? Did your dad have those.
Speaker 2: Coins, I think, so that must be the one that he gave me. I have one, like with my guitar.
Speaker 3: Oh show us.
Speaker 2: Then you're carrying it right now with my guitar picks case to protect me at my shows.
Speaker 3: Oh that's good.
Speaker 1: I was always like whenever I'm handed this stuff, I'm like, you don't understand how much promo material? Like I've got a closet full of free T shirts. Yeah, you don't understand, Like I'm inundated with promo material and swag. So I realize it's a burden. I'm not willing to carry this burden. I'm willing to let I'm want to let someone over there carry this burden. So massively important un T football game tomorrow? What what playoff game?
Speaker 3: Is this? For them? The first responders bawl?
Speaker 5: And then this is where you take two traditional college football powerhouses like the un TM Ing Green and the Texas State Bobcats, crash helmets into each other. And you can see me out there, and I'll be looking looking forward to meeting tons of our eagle audience out there.
Speaker 1: I thought that North Texas was actually playing a team of first responders.
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, no, okay, that's more of a spring game type things versus Joe's Yeah.
Speaker 3: What are you doing out there? Just gotta go out there, you know, I'm just bits. You know, maybe I'll run on the field. I don't know what's gonna happen. Hey, look who are we doing bits for? Look?
Speaker 5: I'm one of those guys that you and T looks at and they're like, you know, this guy we we can put in our catalog each year. This is a guy who we can kind of morph the foundation of our school and then also use as a recruiting tool. So I'll just go out there hanging out. They called me recruiting tool, so I'll be there just telling people, Hey, you should consider going North.
Speaker 1: Texas is so confused with how to address me and Ben. It's like, okay, so the guys have had a long media career at the top five media market, but we never saw either one of you at any of our broadcast classes, so we don't know what to make of you. I know, We've the only only reason we've ever been invited to do anything there was because we were on KT. We were like his gifts, He do you want to bring those guys that were in the marketing department at North Texas. That other guy was in the film department.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Have them come speak to the kids.
Speaker 1: I didn't take one class and broadcast movies. The only broadcast class I took was one where we cut analog tape with a razor blade. Hey, you're never going to do this ever unless you work at a retro studio. So bad class for sure. Okay, but all four of us went to U and T Christina. Do you ever get invited back?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 6: No, Actually, don't you get them emails?
Speaker 3: Well, they want your money?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, get those of course.
Speaker 3: How much did you donate this year?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: KT, they're wait, they're in the First Responders Bowl and you didn't donate it.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow to donate on the first going to come out. I'm going to donate money. Okay, I don't understand my sacrifice.
Speaker 1: Are you like working the chains to like, what are you doing at this double dipping in sports?
Speaker 3: Tomorrow?
Speaker 5: I'm going out to the unt game and then I'm easing on down to the maps. Okay, he's not down.
Speaker 1: I haven't worked in like a month. Totally forgot something that works every day, the intro.
Speaker 3: I forgot we had.
Speaker 4: One more stark times right now, are you ready, ready, ready, ready? Right one?
Speaker 7: When when Evan win, I'll showed you're going ruling it if you except to a similar we pursuing it, tundled out Shaw shank through the sewer. Kid, Now what chill in that day, Eagle, Yeah, we're doing it. Three o'clock on the doc. Gotta have it for my house. A go status Howard starting get cratic shows that up multiply like a rabbit tuned inzn't out, crank it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 8: I'm ona hang out with my friend rocking in on the radio, my home home boy skin Skin and talking on the radio. It's time to to this swap All baby baby, Ktristina, All up on the.
Speaker 1: Radio, KT Christina Beninskin all up on your radio. Happy Thursday everybody again. Uh, this is our first show of twenty twenty five. We will not be on the air tomorrow because you and T will be playing football here and then we'll be back full power, ready to go on Monday. Do you guys all have a good holiday. I know I haven't seen any of you in a few months, but when were you guys working? I Uh, I saw you're right before Thanksgiving. Man, I had a really nice holiday. Yeah, it was great. Spent some time with the family in passing as I was doing other things and uh, you know, wave to him, Hey, I'll see you guys. But uh no, we had a real nice holiday. It was getting naturally. I hardly ever get out to the movie theater. I got out and saw two movies with the wife within a three day period. Oh my god, which movies did you ruin for her?
Speaker 3: What were they? I will let you know it.
Speaker 1: Three forty okay, okay in the Hollywood shuffle all right, Uh Kat, I want to go to you next because I know Christine's got some goods for us.
Speaker 5: Pretty uneventful, been rather busy. So yeah, that's been my break. There hasn't a break. What do you mean you forget how to talk?
Speaker 3: Never stop. I've just been going, oh you have yeah? Man, are you Every time I turned on the radio, I heard Kevin?
Speaker 7: Is that right? Are you are?
Speaker 1: A vacation filling show?
Speaker 6: Also?
Speaker 5: Yeah, kind of, And you know, I just kind of do a show at home, you know, just to kind of feel get their routine going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, Kevin runs out of vacation days by the time music festival season is over because he uses all of his vacation days to go see bands.
Speaker 3: Now, I really it's because I went to Italy in April. That's what got me. And Italy is tough to do in one week.
Speaker 6: Did you stay for a full month like I did?
Speaker 5: I didn't do that, but I mean I could have because I got got some bad news when I got back. But oh oh, but that's a thing I had a right, Yeah, all right, terrible injection.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's because of all that denim. You were oh so much. Man. When Christina went to Italy, she had to get a work visa. Was there so long? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Basically?
Speaker 1: All right, So Christina, where did your adventures take you this year?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So I went to South Dakota, which is I've never been to South Dakota. I've never been north of Colorado pretty much.
Speaker 6: And it was amazing.
Speaker 2: So not only I learned how to play blackjack, You guys would be so proud of me. Learned how to play blackjack. I went skeet shooting, and at first I was not good at it, but the second time around, I got three in a row and it was amazing. It was really badass and.
Speaker 6: Then I fell off a snowmobile. Oh I want that drop forever. Fell off of snowmobil, Jeremy.
Speaker 3: It was okay.
Speaker 2: So those things I didn't know what I was getting myself into. Those things are serious. And then our goggles kept like fogging up on our helmets and you can't see where you're going. And they were hidden things under that snow that you have no idea what they are. Just so happened to run over like a storm pipe, drain pipe thing. Definitely almost flipped the thing over. I have a giant bruise on my knee.
Speaker 1: Now, wait, you're driving snowmobiles over snow and the snow is covering like city stuff like benches.
Speaker 6: No idea what that snow is covering.
Speaker 2: We had a ton of snow like day before we left UH and then decided to go snowmobiling. And so after that day, like right after I fell, it's like, no, I'm not doing this ever again. And now that I'm thinking back to it, it's like, if my goggles weren't fogged up and it wasn't so damn cold, I might be on board with it.
Speaker 3: Did you did you cry?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: One and cried.
Speaker 9: Five.
Speaker 6: I'm not going to cry.
Speaker 9: I would have cried tried more. I get Yeah, we rented them. Yeah, how much I'll tell you later, Okay, how much for the goggles? They were about not crazy?
Speaker 6: I mean two twenty each by the hour. Oh that's three hours. I don't know, four hours.
Speaker 3: Do you guys get a day rate?
Speaker 6: I really don't know. I just know it was five hundred for of how fat they g?
Speaker 2: Oh, I go, they go really freaking fast, which is why you need to be able to see where you're going, because it's all white everywhere.
Speaker 6: You have no idea. There could be a tree that pops up out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: No seriously avoided death if you think about Yeah, and I think those are fair questions, but there are probably questions for her boyfriend more than for her, like how fast does it go? Do you think?
Speaker 3: I mean, he's like, what is? How fast will this thing go? How much torque? What are you implying over there?
Speaker 2: I did go really fast at the beginning and then immediately slowed down because those things it's just it's I don't know if I want to do it again.
Speaker 5: I really doing it as a kid. Yeah, way, I'm I mean too, Harley really younger. I remember it not being as fun as it looked. Yeah, because it's just bumping. You do any sick jumps, not intentionally.
Speaker 2: But when I went over that store pipe, I went over, I jumped up a little bit.
Speaker 1: Uh So you were there with your boyfriend Dallas Observer Host of the Year, Mike's Roy, who's a brave you know, incredible human being out in the world, veteran. You can make a lot of things happen. Did he do anything courageous, anything brave, anything other.
Speaker 2: Than he jumped off his snowbill bill mobile when he saw me fly off of it and came to rescue me and then drove my snowmobil out of the way to where I could get.
Speaker 6: Back on it safely.
Speaker 3: That's impressive. Fact. What's he gonna do for the Veterans Bowl tomorrow?
Speaker 6: With no idea?
Speaker 3: Man? Uh I?
Speaker 1: He was the first responder to Christina when she fell off her snowmobile.
Speaker 3: Brought to you by Serf Pro. Yeah. I had I had a good holiday.
Speaker 1: I had all my vacation days stockpiled and so yeah, I just I was off for a long time. But you and one of the things I did is I went to Vegas, and yeah, it was fun. Went to Vegas with some guys I've known since like elementary school, middle school, and something bad happened to me while I was there. Though you get an STD yes, but that was not even it was just added to the pilot.
Speaker 3: No, no, not that either.
Speaker 6: But I was.
Speaker 1: I was leaving. I went from the hotel I was staying at was the Belagio, which I used to think was a big deal, like it even induced a lot.
Speaker 3: It was, dude, it is not is it's time for an update? Is it a Best Western?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: It is the best Western. It's a huge best Western. And I let my wife book it for me, so she got me this such a good rate. When I got to my room, I was like, oh my god, I hate to be high maintenance, but it smells like cigarette smoking here. Somebody's smoking in this room. And so I called the front desk and I was like, yeah, can you should be to a different room. This smells like smoke, and they're like, well, it's the smoking tower. You're in a smoking room, and it's the room had been cleaned, and when I left, my clothes smelled like cigarette smoke just from being in that room. Oh, man, what a beat. Yeah, I was a beating, but I ended up getting a better room. So anyways, at one point I needed to go to a little Christmas shopping, so I jumped at a cab from the Belagio and went, you know, like fifteen minutes to a mall.
Speaker 3: And I got there to the mall and I was like, okay, now I need to pay with my credit card.
Speaker 1: So I pulled them out, set my phone down on my left, pull my wallet out, pay via credit card on the thing attached to the pasture seat. So I'm in the back seat looking right at it. Pay, and got out of the cab, took a few steps and I was like, oh no, I just left my phone in that git.
Speaker 3: Oh God, a little beating, but I'd rather die than I would that.
Speaker 1: I was there with six guys, and I was by myself, so I had no way to even reach the six guys I was there with. I remembered Skin's phone number and my wife's phone number, and that's it, because you don't have to remember I his phone numbers anymore.
Speaker 3: You're a foreigner in that town now.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, I don't even know what to do, Like what what do I do. I don't know how to reach anybody, and so I ended up spending like seven hours working on it. Oh that's a great vacation. And it's still terrible, but it ended up being like a case that had to be cracked, had to be solved. And because I went to the Apple store and there's like there's three Apple stores here, and our Apple store alone just one of the three cells four hundred new iPhones per weekend because people lose them here.
Speaker 3: Oh man.
Speaker 1: And I was like, okay, how much is it for a new iPhone? They're like, well, seventeen hundred dollars. I'm like, no, f that, I'm you know. So I got to go to AT and T because that's who my plan is with. And so if I go to ATT, I can upgrade a phone offset the costs pay included in my bill. I pay seventeen hundred dollars. But I didn't get past the fraud alert people. They're like, I'm sorry, you're not we can't we can't authorize this. We don't think you are who you are. I'm like, what that's you? I'm I'm standing what are you talking about? They're like has Tawny Rogers ever owned property in Sigaville. I'm like, that's my sister in law. Why would I know where she's owned property?
Speaker 3: Like, what the hell are you talking about on security question?
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, And it ended up taking all this time, and then ultimately I went to the belagio front desk at the valet and I was like, man, nobody's helping me. Here was at the smoking front desk and there's for the all for all the hotel and they were like, well, we have a number to call the cab companies. But you know, I called that number. They're like, get back those within two weeks, send us an email. And I'm like, if I don't find it in the next few hours, I'll never see it again. And somebody had immediately turned it off, so they were like, yeah, they turned it off. They knew what they were doing. But eventually I went to the bolagio to the front desk and I was like, look, I want to talk to the general manager and they're like, oh what. I go up the bellagio they go what why, Like what are you talking about. I'm like, I don't feel like you guys are sympathetic. You're not even giving me a good number to call where someone will answer. And so finally guy goes okay, and he gave me the phone number to call, and he had got somebody on the phone handed to me from that cab company.
Speaker 3: I had to chase down.
Speaker 1: All these receipts, figured out, I paid with my MX and I found it, and the driver ended up bringing me my phone, and I wasted.
Speaker 3: I waste the entire day dealing with It's a miracle you found it, but you.
Speaker 1: Didn't drop seventeen hundred on an iPhone. No, that's that's a Christmas mirror. It was a Christmas miracle.
Speaker 5: There you go listen is tell people they're not being sympathetic enough too, because that's what got him there.
Speaker 1: So I got me there, yep. And I can't believe it worked. You need to be a better person, all right. Coming up next in the Hollywood Shuffle, we do need to talk movies. Skin saw a few movies over the holiday break, and today is a very special day. It's Science fiction Day, so we might talk about the best sci fi movies of all time. I watched a couple of those over the holiday. We are off and running. We are back for Monday. This Thursday, January two, The Ben and Skin Show is live