Speaker 1: Here we go. Come on, come on, come on, good morning.
Speaker 2: This is Ed McMahon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now, ladies and gentlemen, right home day many smack dab in the middle.
Speaker 3: Of the week.
Speaker 4: We call it Wildcar Wednesday. Holy Canolis. Must be some Olympic runner in there today for your Wildcar Wednesday.
Speaker 1: It's a pretty good Instagram feature. I was told to go to look at that immediately. Okay, what do we got, Autumn? Did you say you got a picture from bottom yesterday?
Speaker 2: I did it, tweeted it out, tweeted it out.
Speaker 4: Okay, Autumn going for win number two, fresh out of bed, head to head challenge Chill.
Speaker 1: He put some concert tickets in there to the winner, Kings of Leon tickets, home Room.
Speaker 4: You're getting those. They're playing Friday night at the Toyota Center. You're gonna have to remember yesterday's fun fact in the flashback.
Speaker 1: I have some three new fun facts for you. We'll get rolling with that.
Speaker 4: At around six thirty five, three eleven eight Wall Nation tickets coming your way. At seven twenty the Suburbs Summer Sizzler. It's the start of the Sweet sixteen Baby Loving the tournament pair Land takes on Seabrook and these are all returning players now in the sweet sixteen.
Speaker 1: I'll work in some Jane's Addiction tickets in the eight o'clock hour.
Speaker 4: And then Rott Ryan showed twentieth anniversary party tickets October twelfth, Carbock Brewery. Chile's got those loaded way on the back of the show. He's got those.
Speaker 1: I know the show.
Speaker 4: Twenty percent chance of rain party Claude high ninety seven. Another heat advisory today, it's three days in a row.
Speaker 1: Tessa Win of Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Here up in the morning and out. Well, you know what it is, Good morning to you and the home room.
Speaker 5: We are getting back to school all this week and it's a big day you think in middle of the week.
Speaker 2: People kids still going in.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, Katie School District going back in Angleton brows A Sport, Barbarus Hill, Conroe, Laporte, Kate, I've already mentioned Klein Springs, Plendora, Texas City, Waller Willis anyone.
Speaker 2: There's some grades from Clear Creek getting back.
Speaker 5: But look slow down in those school zones, watcher kids and crosswalks and school zones. We'll be talking about some back to school stuff. There's some news out in Katie. No more personal devices for grades third through twelfth in the classroom. Also last night, former Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner was the choice for the Harris County Democrats to be the party's candidate to do the remainder of Sheila Jackson Lee's former congressional seat term.
Speaker 2: There Turner one in forty one votes.
Speaker 5: He's favored to win November's general election in this solidly democratic district. So that's kind of the political local news going on. Then I found this really interesting. You sent me the story.
Speaker 6: A poll run.
Speaker 5: By the site by the site Resume Builder, found that thirty eight percent of companies lay people off instead of firing them. Why do they do that so they don't hurt anyone's feelings? Yeah percent and a bosses said their company has laid someone off in the past year where they could have fired them. They could have just fired them, but it's, you know, out of kindness. They don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. They want to maybe help out with some severance. But the number one reason they do it is a little more self serving. It's to avoid a mutiny. Yeah, So we've got the top resents companies actually do this instead of firing people.
Speaker 2: We'll be talking about that today.
Speaker 5: Hey, the trailer for Chestnut Versus Kobayashi is called Unfinished Beef. It's gonna air live on Netflix September second. Looks pretty good. These are two competitive eating legends and they're going ahead to head for the first time in fifteen years, So basically it's a rematch winner.
Speaker 2: Take all that. We've got that up on a blog page for you today.
Speaker 5: Guitar is Steve Navarro did an interview and he says there is an unreleased album out there that features Taylor Hawkins. He says it might not see the light of day for a while, even if it deserves to, because it really showcase what an all around brilliant musician Taylor was.
Speaker 2: These are his words.
Speaker 5: He says he wrote most of the songs, he played the drums, he's sang them. He was sharing this all with Rolling Rolling Stone. He said it might be a little too soon for it to come out, though.
Speaker 2: Those are Houston setlines.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, Alex show's one again. Last night, I think Brothers three to two. Alex Bregman homer for a fourth straight.
Speaker 2: Game, which is a career high.
Speaker 1: For him.
Speaker 7: Asters have now won seven in a row. They're gonna wrap up their series with the Rays tonight. Renewd Blanco will be on the mountin for the Stris, going up against Tampa Bay's Zach Little. First pitches at five point fifty and you can listen to that game on our assister station's Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 2: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 4: Who wants the first phone call today?
Speaker 1: You want to get us started? What do you want to talk about?
Speaker 4: Seven one three two one two five, nine four five. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five.
Speaker 4: The Buzz, Wakey, Wakey, Hands Off, Snake Gate, Third Night Blind wants.
Speaker 6: You up, So does your brother Rod?
Speaker 1: Get up?
Speaker 4: We got stuff to do today. Help your off to a great start to your day. Welcome born on this wild card Wednesday. I did already give the Instagram feature of my stamp of approval. I already went early on and check that out under links and guests a great job.
Speaker 1: Whoever submitted that Keid advisory again? Yeah again.
Speaker 4: Twenty percent chance of rain partly cloudy, high of ninety seventy days are ridiculous, Dog days of summer. That's what they're telling me on the news. Every single weathercasters used the same line.
Speaker 1: You know, it's the dog days of summer. We're in the middle of it right now.
Speaker 4: Autumn's going for win number two, fresh out of bed. Head to head Chili put Judas Priest tickets in there. Can you beat Autumn? She played with us last year. See if you could turn her into a one slam clam. We're gonna play that game in about fifteen inside of twenty minutes, we're gonna be rolling with that two game day today. The other game the suburb of Summer Sizzler. Welcome to the Sweet sixteen. Everybody, Jessica from Pearland, Camille from Seabrook have earned their way in to the inner workings of the bracket. We'll see how this shakes down. Winner goes to the Grade eight. Jane's addiction tickets. I didn't know anything about this. Dave Navarro has always been one of my favorite guitar players. I loved the drumming of Taylor Hawkins.
Speaker 1: I had no idea that those guys recorded stuff together.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I think it was news to everyone, which is why Rolling Stone kind of pulled that part of the particle and him.
Speaker 2: Saying it's a little too soon.
Speaker 5: Hawkins passed away two thousand and two.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, a couple of years now. Taylor Hawkins was a huge I mean, that had to be big for him. He was a huge James Addiction fan. As a matter of fact, he was one of the guys that said, you're ridiculous for.
Speaker 1: Keeping this band out of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's a he was just always a massive fan of James Addiction, So that had to be a really big thing for him. Recording with Dave Navarro, Navarro says, we're not going to hear that stuff for a while. Well, Navarro's busy, and you can go see him on Monday Night. The original lineup. I was telling Alex, I said, I know Alex likes James's Addiction. This is the original lineup, the Nothing Shocking, the Ritual, de Loo Habitual lineup.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's the original, guys.
Speaker 4: So Monday Night's gonna be a big, big deal at the seven one to three Music Hall. Then rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary tickets, we'll get to those on I Know the show today.
Speaker 2: It's now time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 4: Apparently the only person that's up early with us now is Robbie.
Speaker 1: Like he's the only one, right.
Speaker 3: I love you, mister rad good morning.
Speaker 1: You're the only one that's awake. You're the only guy available for the first phone call.
Speaker 4: So I guess this is turning into like a you know, your regular segment.
Speaker 3: Now, well, let me tell you this my first phone call. I really want to be on Friday, but I'm two weeks away from that, so it's all good, okay, But I want to get some tickets, so I'm going to be listening for know the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, the show so one of Robbie's big things. And we cleared this up with him the other day when he was the only guy calling again. He wanted to know listen, I won beer two weeks ago. I am the all time beer winning champion here on the Rod Ryan Show. What did you say about the twentieth anniversary tickets? And I said, Chilli and I are looking away. We're not waiting, you know, we're not making people wait thirty days. So I want you to play all the other games. I want you to get involved in all the other things, and.
Speaker 1: We're gonna look away on that thirty day band.
Speaker 4: I guess from winning other tickets when it comes to the twentieth anniversary show.
Speaker 1: So what are you thinking about this? I know you're a huge Astros fan, Robbie. What do you think about this run? What is going on here?
Speaker 3: It look it's all coming together. Don't believe all the hot that you hear. It's happening. Got a good They got everything going on. But let me ask you this, Yes, is there any way that you can get at B in with signing Tuck and Alex because I know they do a lot of ATB stuff. Have them chunk the money in there? Talk to Jim Crane, I know you're hooked up.
Speaker 2: That's a great idea. HIV money is long. Those are great commercials.
Speaker 7: A lot of times I feel like athletes don't translate to commercials and they are corny commercials, but they're funny.
Speaker 1: Commercial The road trip on the road Trip one right now is really good.
Speaker 8: I like when they just do that Spanish sometimes.
Speaker 2: Exactly those are all two features.
Speaker 8: Well, no, but Bregman can speak Spanish.
Speaker 2: Mccallers will speak Spanish about them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So all right, Robbie. Listen, I'll talk to you tomorrow same time.
Speaker 9: Yeah, probably so if you answer the phone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, I got one guy out, Robby, one guy awake.
Speaker 1: It's caller number ten, Robbie. So unless someone else calls in the morning, this is gonna be Robbie Slot.
Speaker 4: From here on out. Moving forward, let me take a short break, let me come back on a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the fresh out of.
Speaker 10: Bed Houston's Rock Houston's Alternative and tell them at the rod Ryan Morning Shown The.
Speaker 4: Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan Show on a wild card Wednesday. All right, I'm over here getting set up for the game, getting ready to go see nothing really about a twenty percent chance of rain today party Cloudy Hive ninety seven. Oh yeah, another heat advisory. Cool story, bro, Nah, Let's go with trending first.
Speaker 2: What you got Big.
Speaker 5: Lots is closing hundreds of stores after warning you could go out of business. Apparently we are doing it like a ton of sales right now because they are getting.
Speaker 2: Ready to close their doors.
Speaker 5: So Big Lots just another brick and mortar, the latest brick and mortar to say, Okay, we're gonna have to scale back on some of this stuff. Also, the new CEO of Starbucks is the old CEO of Chipotle. So if you're paying attention to the stocks, yesterday Chipotle was kind of taking a dive and Starbucks was like going up and it's just weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, they were announcing that.
Speaker 5: The dude who has served as the CEO of Chipotle since twenty eighteen is now taking over the Starbucks CEO position.
Speaker 4: There's a story on the food blog page too. Starbucks apparently changed their blend. You know, like people are like super into coffee and they think they know everything about coffee.
Speaker 1: None of you noticed. None of you noticed, you little coffee snobs. Go check that out. The food blog page is packed today with lots of things.
Speaker 5: And then also, more than three hundred pounds of meth were found hidden in Celery at a Georgia farmer's market in Celery, in Celery, just like you know, hidden under the stocks. That's what's trending on eighty four five of the Buzz.
Speaker 11: Good morning everybody, this is Autumn and I am back. I am your first out of bed Head to Ahead one day champions join me on Wednesday when I make it one number two bitches.
Speaker 1: Seven one three two one two five nine four five. If you think you can beat.
Speaker 2: Her, Welcome to the news. School year.
Speaker 12: You may not bring your own.
Speaker 2: Ingredients to science class.
Speaker 1: This isn't breaking bad.
Speaker 6: The Ron Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four to five.
Speaker 1: The bus, Bye the buzz. That's breaking Benjamin, never again, Rod Ryan's Show. Wild Card Wednesday, Ppday full of Kings of Leon.
Speaker 4: Tickets for you later they're playing Friday night, they're playing the Toyota Centers. We'll have tickets for you coming up on the fun Fact flashback.
Speaker 1: That's right, got some new fun facts for you.
Speaker 4: You get that drop pretty funny for the fun facts.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's pretty funny.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 4: Making Alex do extra work this morning probably today, twenty percent chance of rain high ninety seven with another sheet advisory.
Speaker 9: And now each time for the fresh out of bed Head to Head challenge.
Speaker 6: Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 1: All right on them. Good morning, Ooh Kerry, there you are high Hi, Good morning good morning to you. How are you?
Speaker 14: I am great?
Speaker 1: You heard everybody asking for a picture of you yesterday.
Speaker 12: Yes, I did.
Speaker 11: My husband even heard it.
Speaker 1: He's like justin a pick in. Yeah, okay, hubs is cool, right, he's cool with it? All right. Oh yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: On our Twitter or the ex at rod Ryan Show test a post of it yesterday.
Speaker 1: All right, what are you doing here? You're going for win number two?
Speaker 4: Yes, taking on Casey, Casey, norm let's going.
Speaker 1: On, Casey. How are you?
Speaker 7: We're going great?
Speaker 1: Are you a fresh fisher? Well?
Speaker 4: Well, well, wake up fish. Welcome aboard, Casey. All you got to do a shout out your name when you think you know the answer.
Speaker 1: What are they playing for?
Speaker 5: I've got a pair of tickets see Judas Priest on their Invincible Shield tour at Smart Financial Center October twenty second.
Speaker 4: My second concert ever Judas Priest without my parents, you know what I mean. I went with some of the big kids on. Oh that's when I got my ear pierced. Oh my god, I got my ass kicked.
Speaker 2: The next morning, you're just out living.
Speaker 1: I was like, this is why I don't let you go anywhere, right.
Speaker 2: Is that's your second time and now it's your last time?
Speaker 4: Is your second concert? You act in a full You come home with an ear piercing. I got my ass beat, but I did go to school with that ear piercing. The two other guys had to take it out. They were older than me. All right, Casey, come on, that's enough. What is his personal story time? Casey, you sound a little sleepy, bro. I need you to really lean into it. Okay, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Okay, Autumn, you know how to do this.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 4: Question number one? Name the cruise ship line? Also a place you would go ride a ferris wheel? Autumn, Autumn, go for it.
Speaker 1: Carnival. Good one.
Speaker 4: It's like a real question there you think, Yeah, it's pretty easy.
Speaker 1: It's a six twenty nine. There's a lot of thinking that one though. That hurt my head.
Speaker 2: Well, I wrote it after the show yesterday.
Speaker 1: Autumn got it, Casey, yes, step it up.
Speaker 14: I didn't know if there's Royal Caribbean, Carnival, all the other brands.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, I've gone to Uh, I've gone and ridden a ferris whe at the Royal Caribbean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Norwegian.
Speaker 4: Next Paris question, shout out your name when you think you know the answer.
Speaker 1: What Cereal Breakfast?
Speaker 4: Cereal is inspired by the Flintstones, Casey, Yeah, I would have accepted cocoa pebbles as well. That's got to be the sugariest cereal on the market.
Speaker 15: One.
Speaker 1: No, it's not.
Speaker 2: It's the best one.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you think it's better than cinnamon toast crime, I do?
Speaker 10: I do?
Speaker 2: I like that sugary blend of fruity.
Speaker 1: You think it's better than Captain Crunch?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, Casey got that one right because I inspired him, because I yelled at.
Speaker 2: Him screaming, all right, here we go.
Speaker 4: Next question, Really, what dance did Chubby Checker make popular in the sixties?
Speaker 8: An bottom Autumn?
Speaker 11: The twist, the twist?
Speaker 2: Want everybody? Everybody?
Speaker 4: I think I made fun the last time that that question was in here, it was the sixties.
Speaker 2: Let's twist again. It's like we did last summer Autumn.
Speaker 1: Never gave up, Casey, gave up on me, Casey.
Speaker 2: Spring Chicken over there, Casey.
Speaker 8: Hold you very far?
Speaker 1: Thirty five? Did Chubby Chucker the twist? Any of that?
Speaker 16: You know?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, he needed some sponge He needed some SpongeBob questions or something.
Speaker 2: All right, this morning, power Ranger.
Speaker 1: All right, Casey, thanks for playing bro.
Speaker 3: I hope you.
Speaker 4: I hope you come in and play again a world Okay, I hope you do all right autumn Hey no one slam clam.
Speaker 1: That's two wins.
Speaker 4: You're going to see Judas Priest and I'm gonna invite you to join us on tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Show you down for that?
Speaker 4: I am definitely down for that.
Speaker 10: Way to go right show celebrating twenty years ninety four, all right, ninety four five the Bys, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: It's a fuel hemorrhage in my hands. Wildcard Wednesday. Thank you for starting your day off with us. I'll get to those Kings of Leon tickets coming up in just a little bit.
Speaker 4: Several people have already asked and the rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary tickets that will be given away today and I'll try to do it every single day on the show leading up to the show on October twelfth at the Carbot Brewery. The tickets that we're giving away today are on know the show and that's closer to around around nine point fifty. We'll ask you a question, but you don't know. Tessa could ask a question about anything that happens on the show at any point, so that's kind of our little way of hoping that you listen to the whole damn thing.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: Heat advisory today high of ninety seven with low chances of rain.
Speaker 1: The frensh out of bed Head to Head Challenge.
Speaker 6: Here's your current champion.
Speaker 11: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 1: This is autumn your first out of bed head to head.
Speaker 11: Two day champions.
Speaker 1: Sorry to all of those hoping for.
Speaker 5: A one flam plan.
Speaker 11: Nope, join me on Thursday when I make it win number three.
Speaker 1: Let's keep it going. Let's keep it going here.
Speaker 6: It's the fuck back to the day. We make you look smart, buddy, everybody?
Speaker 4: Is this the fuck back to the day?
Speaker 1: Okay, I got some new fun facts for you today.
Speaker 4: I know you guys love the fact that everything is bigger here in Texas well.
Speaker 1: That includes donkers.
Speaker 4: The world record for the tallest donkey Romulus. It's a nine year old American mammoth jackstock measures in its seventeen hands or five feet eight inches.
Speaker 1: Here's the owner.
Speaker 14: The veterinarian came out. She did three separate measurements and came out seventeen hands each time. I have the world's biggest ass, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Speaker 2: I'd be more than happy to take corporate sponsorships.
Speaker 14: You know, anybody who wants to have the biggest jackass in the world endorse their product.
Speaker 5: Various nice nice good plug a subpromotion, biggest ass.
Speaker 4: Yeah here in Texas by here, four percent of the sand on Normandy, Normandy's beaches is still broken down shrapnel back going.
Speaker 1: Back to D Day, that is fun.
Speaker 4: I'd be the one time I wouldn't make fun of you and your metal detector if you were out there in Normandy Beach.
Speaker 1: I mean that that would be cool. Other than that, I'm gonna make fun of you.
Speaker 4: The winner of the first Indianapolis five hundred alex It went down in nineteen eleven. I know what a race guy you are, obviously, I know you know all of this, but yeah, so Indy five hundred nine nineteen eleven, the average speed was just under seventy five miles per hour.
Speaker 1: That's neat.
Speaker 4: I mean we're doing that on the Beltway here, Okay, so uh, this year's winner averaged one hundred and sixty eight miles an hour.
Speaker 1: It's the fuck that's.
Speaker 9: To the day.
Speaker 1: We make you look smart and funny.
Speaker 2: Your buddies it's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you got kings Leon tickets?
Speaker 2: They're playing Toyota Center this Friday.
Speaker 4: All right, it's your You can still buy tickets to the show, but win them from us.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: This genre of television show, it's also a movie genre.
Speaker 1: We're once so popular.
Speaker 4: Back in nineteen fifty nine, right before we were twisting, there were thirty prime time shows on television on the three channels that we had, there were thirty shows of this genre of TV show, which is also a movie genre. Easy question, lay up for those kol tickets seven one three two one two five nine four five. It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash. All right, Big Baldy's on the phone. Hey, how brother Rod, Good morning there he is, Bro. How do you do on Wall Street?
Speaker 1: Yesterday? Well, it was a good day on Wall Street. The down was up four hundred and fourths weth thirty nine.
Speaker 15: Thousand, seven sixty five, nastack up four ninety seven. There's seventeen thousand and one to eighty seven bench market ten year Treasury's trading at a three point eighty three percent in oil since seventy eight dollars eight cents a barrel to the most actives, the big studs, Intel, Nike, and Boeing, the Big Duds Johnson, Johnson, Walmartin Chevron on the economic calendar. This morning, we'll get numbers on the consumer price indexed for July right now, futures just barely on the downside.
Speaker 1: Come on, let's chimes baby around. That's it. I'm out of here.
Speaker 15: This is hil Land Miniajui director with Raymon James, reporting for The Rod Ryan Show from Raymond James on Saint Fleep in the Gusta and don't forget to always for rock out with their stockout.
Speaker 17: Viman's expressed are those of Aland and not necessarily those are Raymond James associates in Comember nyt AS, IBC, I ART Radio or at sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission.
Speaker 1: We'll continue.
Speaker 17: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buyer sell any security referred to herand this programs are educational and informational services on the Studs of Duds are based on movement as reported by Young Finance.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz. Welcome back Rod Ryan's show Fun There you go. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 10: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hey, this is Andy, Andy my man. Welcome ahead, Welcome to the show. Dude.
Speaker 4: This genre of TV show and movie we're once so popular that in nineteen fifty nine there were thirty primetime television shows on the three channels that were available. What is the genre?
Speaker 1: The genre is Western, my man. And of course you know that, dude.
Speaker 6: Yeah, congratulations.
Speaker 4: Oh this is Bonanza, Bonanza. I remember reruns of this running Bonanza.
Speaker 1: What are you giving Andy than.
Speaker 2: Kings of Leon tickets?
Speaker 5: You earned him, bud you they're going they're playing Toyota Center this Friday.
Speaker 2: So have fun at that show.
Speaker 16: Oh that's awesome. My daughter's gonna love it.
Speaker 1: Oh, your daughter is gonna love that. All right, Andy, thanks for being part of Home Room. You rule by Summer far bye bye, say goodbye to summer.
Speaker 9: The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four to five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Here we Go, ninety four to five, The Buzz Ron Ryan Show on a wild Card Wednesday. All right, that's Kings of Leon tickets.
Speaker 4: Those went out the door three eleven a wool Nation tickets coming your way at seven twenty, We'll get you some Jaane's Addiction tickets.
Speaker 1: We've been kind of doing tickets later in the eight o'clock hour.
Speaker 4: I've been trying to sneak in the next we've had because we have so many great shows. Uh, normally we would just kind of, you know, let the eight o'clock hour and let the suburb Summer Sizzler be the focus. And we know there's no prizing involved with that until we get a winner with cash. But I still we have too many tickets, So later in the eight o'clock hour, I'm gonna give away those Jans Addiction tickets, which is the next show that I'm super super excited about.
Speaker 1: Heat Advisory. Not excited about that, but it's what we got. Twenty percent chance rain highes up around ninety seven. It's gonna feel like one hundred and eight or more. Be careful out there here.
Speaker 15: We go.
Speaker 2: Up in the morning and out to them. Yeah, it's a hot day back for kids.
Speaker 11: Huh.
Speaker 5: Angleton, ras A Sport, Barber's Hill, Clear Creek, all the grades that didn't go back yesterday.
Speaker 2: You got Conrod Laporte Katie, which is a huge.
Speaker 5: School district, is back and they have no more personal devices in the classrooms for grades three through twelve. And then you have Kline, you have Springslendora, Texas City waller id Willer willis ISD.
Speaker 2: Happy first day back to all of you.
Speaker 5: Okay, and this is a reminder for people as well that all these school zones are back in action, so watch for kids and crosswalks and just slow down in those school zones. Welcome back everyone, faculty, staff, teachers, parents. We know it's gonna be a big one. So London went back earlier this week. Has the mayhem died down or is it still chaotic? In that pick up, It's just it's.
Speaker 4: A little chaotic, you know what I mean? That first week everyone's just trying to get their bearings and stuff. So it'll settle down.
Speaker 2: Okay. Did you see this local video.
Speaker 5: It's a video circulating on social media and right now it's gone pretty viral locally. I'm sure this is going to get some national attention. There are two kids that are rolling on the ground after a crash. They're in diapers. These are two two children in diapers on the East Freeway and supposedly they were ejected from a jeep vehicle during a major crash along the East Freeway. Now, according to the Harris County Sheriff's Office, these two babies are still in the hospital on The video was taken on Sunday, and the guy who posted it said, look, I just wanted this to be a reminder for parents to secure their kids when they're driving. Kids are ages one and four and they were traveling inside a jeep when it collided with another vehicle that flipped the jeep.
Speaker 2: It sent them flying. Okay, it's crazy, really crazy.
Speaker 1: You don't see the kids flying.
Speaker 4: But when the guy the I guess the eyewitness by the time he gets his phone, you see a flip over jeep, which is bad.
Speaker 1: You see two kids in diapers sitting on the freeway.
Speaker 2: On the freeway, on the pavement with car parts laying.
Speaker 4: Around, and the dad's running towards the kid. There's two kids in bait in diapers, just sitting there.
Speaker 2: It's on the on what we know are the most dangerous freeways.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 2: So that's a story.
Speaker 5: I did want to mention here because I'm pretty sure it's gonna garner some garner some national attention. All right, let's uh, let's move on. Chuck E Cheese is launching a membership plan. Yeah, the check E Cheese will offer unlimited visits for a monthly fee, beginning at eight dollars for the Bronze tier to a thirty dollars a month for a Gold tier. This this is gonna be like passes, and they include a number of games per visit. You'll get discounts on food and drinks depending on your membership tier, whether your Bronze, over or Gold.
Speaker 2: And that they say you can use this at all.
Speaker 5: The four hundred and seventy participating Chuck E Cheese locations in the US. This would be something to consider. I guess if your kid love Chuck E Cheese or you just needed something to do with's a window all of the time.
Speaker 1: There's a window where CHUCKI Cheese is still pretty good. I got to see. The pizza is not bad.
Speaker 2: The pizza is pretty good.
Speaker 1: The pizza is not bad. It's a great place. The smart parents out there, but I'm not one of them.
Speaker 4: The smart parents out there are having like birthday parties and stuff there and not having their house trashed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is smarter.
Speaker 1: I'm going off campus for these other birthday parties.
Speaker 2: Good call, No, not me.
Speaker 1: I like to entertain. I like to have people over. I don't know, it's just the cleanup afterwards is the worst actress.
Speaker 5: Lindsay Lowan is back on set with Jamie Lee Curtis for a Freaky Friday sequel. Did you see this announcement yesterday? Lowen and Curtis both look great. By the way they both look, I think Lindsay is finally looking normal and healthy and glowing again. The new movie is going to be called Freaky or Friday, and they are still in the middle of shooting it.
Speaker 2: Shooting it a Curtis hinted there might be a lot of music in.
Speaker 5: The movie, which leads to some people believing that Lowen's movie band could be back together.
Speaker 2: The movie is slated to hit theaters next year.
Speaker 4: Lindsay Lohans still looks a little sticky to me. Yeah, it looks a little sticky.
Speaker 2: Your opinion, your opinion on the way.
Speaker 1: Lindsay lohead looks like it's Tart?
Speaker 5: Oh God, Okay, by now, speaking of Tart, someone you must have seen, Yeah it's Corey Feldman.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, if you have the Internet, you've said Corey Feldman right in the last month.
Speaker 5: Our blog page begs the question, is Corey Feldman trolling everyone with that guitar.
Speaker 2: Solo that went viral because he that bad?
Speaker 1: Yes? Well he is that bad, but he's leaning into his badness.
Speaker 2: It's become a meme.
Speaker 4: And I'll say this, I know that there is some like highly respecting guitar player that's that's dissecting a video of him and they say that he's not playing.
Speaker 1: I stood there.
Speaker 4: I recorded the video. I've shared my video on this blog page that you're talking about right now. I can assure you one hundred percent that Corey is playing.
Speaker 1: It's awful.
Speaker 2: Did come out and make sure that he does it? Red Dursk like people are saying, this is real.
Speaker 1: He's playing.
Speaker 2: It's just horrible.
Speaker 1: Any one of us could do it. Any one of us could do it.
Speaker 2: The song is called the Joke.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he does another one, he does another Yeah, the joke's on you. That's the song, you're right, Yeah, So yeah, he's of course he's trolling us right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, we have a blog page on this if you guys want to do some further investigating. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: He played for thirty glorious minutes. That's starting at six forty at the Woodlands Pavilion.
Speaker 1: And it was the show of the year. Okay, show of the year, all right, what you got?
Speaker 7: Astros won again last night. They got by the Rays three to two. Alex Bregman homer for a fourth straight game. It's a career high for him. The Ashers have now won seven in a row. They're gonna wrap up their series with the Rays tonight. Right now, Blancoby on the Mountain for this show is going up against Tampa Bay. Zach Little first pitches at five poin fifty and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety of the sports blog page. Today, you gotta go see where Jordon Alvarez broke the scoreboard at Tropic Cannafield.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, practice, you just hit the too damn hard.
Speaker 1: I didn't see this the whole scoreboard.
Speaker 8: It's pretty cool. I check out the photo of that sports plug today.
Speaker 1: The rod Ryan Morning Show six the Bus or five the Buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan's show on this wild card Wednesday. Thank you so much for starting your day off with us.
Speaker 4: I think just about every single school district is back today, Katie being a real, real big one today back on the best side. Heat advisory for everybody back in school. So you're starting, I mean off the bus is gonna be way hotter.
Speaker 1: Obviously.
Speaker 4: We're gonna see high up around ninety seven when the kids are getting off the bus tonight or getting getting released from school.
Speaker 2: Did you get any rain yesterday?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It rained last night. I want to talk about last night a little bit coming up. I was at the Home run dugout.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how was the show? It was good?
Speaker 4: It was good, But we got rain out there. We did get rain out there. So I'm gonna get into that this hour. I want to talk a little bit about because something happened last night. And I've been doing this a long time obviously, and it was laughable. What went down last night?
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 4: That's a tease, not a good not any fault of the bar at all. What a great place you were right that place, That place is awesome. I got to swing the bat a little bit. I had nothing else to do.
Speaker 1: I'll leave it at that. He When was the last time you swung a batman.
Speaker 2: Like I are your shoulder shirt?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I just know that I did something, so that makes me feel good. I'm not My back's not ruined or anything like that. Same thing, like you have a swung golf club in a while, Like, okay, you know he did something yesterday. I swung the bat a little bit.
Speaker 1: You know, they.
Speaker 4: They got cool like uh, simulated batting. I mean you're really hitting something, but you're hitting against a digital wall.
Speaker 1: Again. I want to talk about that coming up in just a little bit.
Speaker 4: So heat advisory today, low chances of rain. I wanted to go back and and visit your story.
Speaker 1: Which one the Corey Feldman.
Speaker 2: Of course your ear the felt obsessed that game.
Speaker 1: I am miss This is what he opened with the comeback kid. This is off of YouTube. Shut it has it has it has a million views. That's respectable, isn't it.
Speaker 2: That's cringe.
Speaker 4: Why people were singing it. People were singing it in the audience. I'll say this, people were there. I'll say it again. Olympiscuit Sunday Night. It was my show of the summer. I don't think Corey Feldman sold one ticket. I don't think Nate No Face sold a ticket. I don't think Bone.
Speaker 1: Sold a ticket. As a matter of fact, I bet your friend's not even paying them that it was bad. I don't think they're getting paid.
Speaker 4: I think maybe he's giving them five hundred bucks a day and letting them ride along with him and let them sell merch.
Speaker 2: You can sell merch and you can have the stage for thirty minute time.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's paying those guys. I bet he's not.
Speaker 4: He's not paying them A cald dog deserves. But nobody bought a ticket to go see Corey Feldman. But I also got there and made sure that I was there on time to see him start his set.
Speaker 1: He was only playing for thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: He is the definition of you see like their opening for them and you're like, hell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was a right, but you're still not buying a ticket based on that. Everyone was there to see Limp Biscuit okay, and then the palooza of Losers. It's Loserville, right, that's what they're building this thing as I did. This is not an original idea of mine. I follow Justin Hawkins and I watch his podcast. Justin Hawkins is the lead singer of the Darkness Hawkins Rides Again and he just kind of like watches new songs people will submit, Hey, dude, did you hear this guy's got a new song out that did you hear this story? And he'll go and he'll dissect it. He'll give you his musical opinion. He's very talented and he's very smart. He's very funny. Okay, he's watching Corey Feldman and he's watching a live performance of Corey breaking down on stage. And he was one that introduced it to me and said, this guy's having it over on us. It's performance art. He's an actor. He's been an actors whole life. Now, I don't know that he's I don't know him to be the smartest guy in the world. But is it Andy Kaufman type of meta?
Speaker 1: I'm having one over on you. The joke is on you.
Speaker 4: You guys are laughing at me, like, guess what you guys think? I'm the joke. I'm on stage opening up for Limp Biscuit.
Speaker 1: Joke's on you. There is some of that that's going through my head now and thinking Corey Feldman might not be as silly and.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't want to call him dumb, but how could anybody think that's good? I think it might be performance art. I was hoping for a meltdown. I was hoping the monitors weren't working, or the wedges in front. I was hoping something wasn't going to work, and I was hoping he was gonna have some sort of a meltdown, because he has those more than anybody I've ever seen on stage.
Speaker 1: I think that's a part of the act.
Speaker 4: His shredding now is whatever one's talking about. I have a video of him shredding. He's not faking it. He is playing, and it's horrible. Any one of us could do it. But the song was called Jokes on You.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the song was.
Speaker 1: Called That's a joke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: You can hear Corey Feldman is there. I know that there's a video out there of a guy dissecting it, saying, look, he's not playing that. WHAMMI bar, nothing's happening.
Speaker 1: He continues to open for Olympuskit on the Loserville tour.
Speaker 4: It was the highlight. Olympiscuit was great. Coory Feldman was an absolute highlight. I found myself realizing that he might be playing playing us, and I liked it that much more. It was like watching it was like watching a comedian or somebody just acting or impersonating somebody.
Speaker 1: It's like him impersonating a rock star.
Speaker 5: Well, I also I feel like the gig, the gig is something that a lot of people couldn't do, Like a lot of people couldn't go out there and make fun of themselves and be the butt of the joke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for.
Speaker 5: Over and over every night, Like you couldn't do that. So you're like, no way, that's real. No way, he's faking that. This has to be this is cringey. But if that's the bit.
Speaker 2: He's leaning kind of genius, he's leaning into his cringe.
Speaker 4: He's leaning to how awful he is. He's leaning right into it. Yeah, so there's a blog page up for it. Corey Feldman is saying that, listen, I know it's bad. You look at the name of the song. Look what's going on.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. I'm torn at this whole thing. I'm the drum beat, drum beat. It was so bad you could take your eyes off of him. Three three uh, costume changes in thirty minutes.
Speaker 5: I don't want to hear anything for my wedding when there's eight different dresses.
Speaker 4: I don't want to hear it kind of had a parachute pant thing going on. And then he changed his jacket and then he put on the Michael Jackson hat. It's that he got the one little hair coming down, the black Michael Jackson hair and the ponytail, one little hair coming down in front, and then he put on the fedora.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, this is so bad.
Speaker 4: But I'm here, but I'm standing here, but I'm in the pit. If you haven't seen any of this stuff yet, we got a blog page. Chili put a blog page on links and guests is awesome.
Speaker 10: Houston's Rock, Houston's Elarnada, and The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show ninety four or five, The Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan Show. We're gonna geto some concert tickets coming up in just a moment.
Speaker 4: Heat advisory today again part of the cloudy sky's low chances of rain. So I true temperature high of ninety seven. To get that heat advisory, it's got to feel like at least one hundred and eight.
Speaker 1: I know we it felt like one hundred and twelve the other day. Come on, it's dangerous, it's reckless. What's trending.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's talk about the wild Card Wednesday, because that's our most popular blog page right now.
Speaker 1: I must have seen her at the Olympics. I don't know. I don't know who she runs for, but holy.
Speaker 2: Craps, yeah, I believe maybe she. I don't know either Germany.
Speaker 5: She's sponsored by all kinds of people, So something Schmidt is Elena Smith, Alicia Smidt, And yeah, people must have Olympic withdraws because everyone's clicking on this blog page. Another thing we haven't mentioned this in headlines, but Tropical Storm Ernesto has been showing parts of Puerto Rico, like hitting parts of Puerto Rico with torrential rainfall, and they're saying that this tropical storm could strengthen into a hurricane today. So you're gonna hear a bunch of our meteorologist kind of keeping an eye on that right now. I don't think it's a threat to us here in Houston, but it is hurricane season, so this is something.
Speaker 2: That we all kind of monitor in the back of our minds. Anyway. Also, you know that Dublin Portal, the New York City to Dublin Portal.
Speaker 4: That people were like, well, people couldn't handle themselves. It was a live camera, and the screens were in New York City and in Dublin. Yeah, chicks are on there, flashing and doing all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's you see people in real time.
Speaker 5: And the portal had temporarily closed down six days after it opened you to bad behavior.
Speaker 1: But then it.
Speaker 2: Reopened and they were like new rules, there were limited hours, they're taking it away. They're like, you know what, people still are behaving.
Speaker 5: Gets set to close permanently on September second, So you want to use the portal, you gotta get in there before that.
Speaker 2: That's what's trending. On ninety four five to Bus.
Speaker 1: What do you have to give away?
Speaker 5: I have a pair of tickets to see three eleven, EUAE Nation and Neon Trees at seven one three Music.
Speaker 4: Hall seven one three two one two five nine four five looking for color number ten in summer.
Speaker 1: End of summer.
Speaker 6: Wow, that was quick. A Rod Bryan Show Mornings on ninety four.
Speaker 2: Five The Buzz.
Speaker 4: Ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show, Foo Fighters and Learn to Fly My second favorite food Fighters song. Dave Navarro apparently made an album with Taylor Hawkins.
Speaker 1: Taylor Hawkins passed away.
Speaker 2: That's wild.
Speaker 4: He's sitting on it and doesn't know when it's going to be a good time to start sharing it with us. I vote now, I vote immediately. Yeah, yeah, it's you know. I mean anything Dave Navarro does is one of my favorite He's one of my favorite all time guitar players. That's why I'm so excited that he's back. He's feeling good again. He's out on the road.
Speaker 1: He was, he was am I a man.
Speaker 4: He had one of those battles with long COVID we had talked about for a couple of years. He just kind of was just out of it a little bit. He's back with Jane's Addiction. I'm so excited about that show Monday Night. But he's one of my favorite guitar players.
Speaker 1: I think One Hot Minute might be my favorite Red Hot Chili Pepper album.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you really like that era.
Speaker 1: I like that album.
Speaker 4: There's one album and it just sounded different, you know, it just it was it was such a different sounding chili Pepper album. I love that album and it's often overlooked because it was just a one off with Dave Navarro, almost viewed as being experimental.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, because John for Shawnee is best guitar player ever. Well, but yes, I understand, I understand.
Speaker 1: There's there's some information about that album. You know. I want you to go read the article. I want you to go to music blog page.
Speaker 4: But I just don't think Dave Navarrow, he just doesn't think it's a good time to release that just yet.
Speaker 2: So hopefully waiting, waiting, eagerly.
Speaker 4: Jeve Advisory today. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's on the phone, Marty? Hi, Marty, you're caller number tens up.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. No way, yeah, totally way. What are you giving him?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 2: How about three eleven A Wall Nation and Neon Tree tickets? You want those?
Speaker 16: H That's great.
Speaker 5: My wife loved three eleven can be a great deride for cool.
Speaker 1: Awesome, all right, Marty, thank you, appreciate you listening to the show. So I worked last night. Uh home run dugout, Home run dugout out in Katie.
Speaker 4: What an awesome facility. Everybody that works there was totally cool. All the people there were cool. It was I got the I got the set times and the load in information. This EMO thing missed me. Okay, I know I'm a little bit older, but a lot of that stuff didn't make it to mornings. I'd been doing mornings now for twenty years here, but I also did it for four years in New Orleans.
Speaker 1: Uh huh. And something.
Speaker 4: I don't listen to the stations that I work at. It's just okay, I go to bed early. A lot of this stuff played at night.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: I didn't know Dashboard Confessional until Dinah introduced me to them. Did you know Dashboard Confessional?
Speaker 2: Not really?
Speaker 1: I mean people love him. Yeah, you know what I mean. They loved him.
Speaker 5: Know, once you listened to at you're like, oh, okay, I get.
Speaker 2: It, but you kind of have to be put on by someone like Dina and then that's how you learned.
Speaker 4: There were It was an emo dream last night, Okay, I mean it was an emo dream. It was Hawthorne Heights, the band Thursday, Amber Lynn, Armor for Sleep, Alex Yeah you know them. Emery Emory had a little screen court thing going. The little Cookie Monster guy was you know, doing some of that stuff. And the Wildlife. There were emo fans there last night. No Fallow Up Boys, the biggest emo.
Speaker 1: Band, not a chance, No, who's bigger?
Speaker 4: The Chemical Romance, Taking Back Sunday, taking back Fallout Boys bigger than taking.
Speaker 2: Back something like borderline, em like real emo, okay, pops like yeah, pop, it's pop punk.
Speaker 1: I think I think people still.
Speaker 4: Okay, panic at the disco Emo there, Emo adjacent, Yes, okay, emo adjacent.
Speaker 1: I'll accept that, okay, with Paramore ever considered emo okay, same thing.
Speaker 4: My chemical Romance is right down the line, just about thirty seconds to Mars No no, okay, like.
Speaker 7: Brand New Thursday absolutely is right there taking backs any all time low Death Cab orderline all right, Charlotte was borderline.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, So some of this.
Speaker 4: Stuff just kind of missed me. Okay, Hawthorne Heights, I kind of remember Hawthorn Heights was I kind of remember this song. Okay, they were headlining last night. So I'm working last night. I'm working out in Katie last night. When I say I'm working, that means the bar paid me to be out there, okay. And it's Rob Ryan and he's.
Speaker 1: Going to be out here, and I just assume that when I go out there, I'm going to do some hosting duties. I mean, I've been doing this a while.
Speaker 4: It's like you're paying me. I want to do some I want to work for you. Yeah, I want to work for you. It's not that I'm an egomaniac that I want to get on the microphone. It's just that band is paying me a lot. The bar is paying me a lot of money to be out there. Okay, So I get out there, home, run, dugout, meet them, meet the managers. They're like, all real, man, thanks for coming out, Thanks for coming out. Then I meet like one of the guys that's working behind the scenes. He's like, Rod, I'm so glad you're here. He said, this tour manager has been running my ass. Look at my steps. He's got like twenty thousand steps already.
Speaker 1: He said. The tour manager is just just a crazy person. Yeah, I said, well, who is it?
Speaker 4: Maybe I'm like, maybe I know who they are or something. It's like they're working for the bands, he said. I'm like, okay, it's probably like some old dude. Let me just talk to him or whatever. You see what's going on now, young girl? Like, maybe it's just twenty four sweet. If you don't know what a tour manager or a stage manager does, it's their job to be assholes. Yeah, it's their job to protect the bands, keep them away. From all the stuff, deal with the club owners, deal with the dumb local DJ, deal with all of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, bro, I'm here, tell me what you need me to do.
Speaker 4: If you've got some other shows coming up, Paul Wall's going to play out there, that shot collar baller guy.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be there.
Speaker 2: With Troy with Cisco personal friend of mine. Yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: So he's like, man, he has been a monster. I go, well, just go let me listen. I can sweet talk anybody. Just just go and tell me, you know, like give me.
Speaker 1: This at times and then when I can hop up there and then I'll make some announcements. But I'm working for you. Do you have drink specials? Do you have foods? Do you do you have things that you want to do? This is your bar? You have a packed The place was packed.
Speaker 4: Okay, I said, I'll see, just give me some give me some things, or I can just go up there and wing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay. He comes back. He's like, dude, no announcements. She yelled at me. I go, what do you mean? She yelled at She goes, did you not read my contract? And he said, no, I didn't read the contract. I work here.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: No stage announcements, no stage announcements at all.
Speaker 4: Nobody can go up on stage. It's not the Rolling Stones, it's Amber Lynn. Okay, she is not allowing it. So the guy comes back to me and he says, Rod, she won't allow it.
Speaker 1: She said, it's in the contract.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I said, okay, do you want me to maybe talk to her? He's like, dude, no, she's an animal. I go again, I'm like, who is this person? He goes, she's young, and she ruthless, and she thinks that she is guarding the pentagon. Okay, that's how I'm serious. And you kind of do want that person, you want that person in charge. But you can't be a complete asshole. I can tell you this in all the years of doing this, the bigger the bands, the cooler the people are.
Speaker 1: That's the truth.
Speaker 4: It's the young bands, or it's Hawthorne Heights that hired some over zealous young girl and she's trying to prove herself that.
Speaker 1: Don't worry, nobody's going to penetrate this stage. Nobody. I will protect the interior. Here.
Speaker 4: A couple of other guys that run the place. One of the owners or something. I said, here's I go.
Speaker 1: I feel bad.
Speaker 4: I want to work for you, I said, I don't want to just stand around, I said, moving forward. The only thing that I would suggest is redline that in the contract this is your bar. This is your bar, and you're not allowed on your stage tonight. I said, that's terrible.
Speaker 2: I go.
Speaker 1: In all of my years of doing this, I go.
Speaker 4: I went on stage and I introduced Tool, who are notoriously assholes.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't care if you like them or not. They're dicks. Okay.
Speaker 4: I introduced Tool. The only guy that wouldn't let us on stage at our own damn show. This was Buzzfest.
Speaker 1: It was when Billy Corgan had that stupid project.
Speaker 4: Called Zwan, which nobody cared about. The only reason why we paid him and hired him was for his name and the fact that everybody knew he was in the Smashing Pumpkins and we were all keeping our legs toes and fingers crossed that he would do a couple of Smashing Pumpkins songs. I don't think the dick did one, but he did not allow any stage announcements at Buzzfest.
Speaker 1: It's like it's Buzzfast.
Speaker 5: Well you can't even pronounce half the project of Billy Corgan's on whatever, remember make some weird on.
Speaker 1: So I'm just hanging out and kind of a cool gig. Didn't have to do an things that might be like, oh, Rod, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: You got paid to do nothing. I don't want to be paid to do nothing. Okay, No, I took my money.
Speaker 1: Well, but I want to work. I want to get up on stage again. Tell me what you got coming up?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and not only that, but like, hey, reminder ninety four five the buzz Rod Ryan schidor you know, we get a little plug in there too. Hey, when I went to home and dug out and Katie to do ever Clears, how did it go with ever Clears? That was it was kind of a similar situation. You got in stage right one time, really quick, and I don't even think it was to announce the band. It would just like to go say quick hello in between it was like okay and lo he was like, go now you have a like.
Speaker 2: A forty five second window to do this. I'm up.
Speaker 1: I'm not Everclear was not like that at all.
Speaker 4: The last time I introed them was Marty Grog Galveston, and I saw the guys. There was a guy from the Exc's that was working back there. He was kind of doing some stage managing and everybody.
Speaker 1: Was cool as hell.
Speaker 4: And I went up there and they said, do whatever you want. Some bands, some bands don't want an intro. There's an intro and then there's the coming up. There's a difference and a lot of and a lot of bands will have a song that they want played and they'll have an intro music.
Speaker 1: So they don't want you to hard because it's hard.
Speaker 2: They want to make me some smoke, and.
Speaker 1: They want to be all mystical, and yet they want to have wizards come out.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'm cool with that.
Speaker 4: You can say coming up, and we'll do that a lot with bands, more than so than ever now because everyone's got intro music, so we'll go on stage. It's like, okay, man, they're right there. They can hear you coming up, boom, fill in the blank. You forget how cool it is when you intro a band and say here's fill in the blank, and you're walking off and you're high five and the bass player because he's on your side, and they go right on stage.
Speaker 1: That used to be the way all the time.
Speaker 4: They used to be able to bring bands on and they would walk out as you're walking off.
Speaker 1: That doesn't happen as much anymore.
Speaker 4: But I wasn't allowed on the stage at all, by no fault of home run dugout.
Speaker 1: It wasn't there. They wanted me up there. I said, guys, you got to redline that on every contract moving forward.
Speaker 2: I think that twenty four year old's going places I don't know where.
Speaker 1: Oh what a crush. I didn't even get to meet her. I didn't even get to meet her.
Speaker 2: But this guy like the military, I don't know, th difficult, the sweaty dude in the cargo shards, Chris I think his name was.
Speaker 1: He just looked at me with lifeless eyes. He goes, you don't want any part of this shot. You don't want any part of this. This started at eight o'clock this morning. Where are my buses going? Like, you know, where is she parking the buses? I mean she's just she's working for.
Speaker 2: The bands, right, but overtime apparently, But you're not.
Speaker 4: You're not curing cancer here, okay, You're bringing around a bunch of has been emo bands.
Speaker 2: That theory you're doing.
Speaker 1: That's what your job is.
Speaker 2: You said, Like the bigger the band, the cooler the manager. That's the same theory I have with bartending, the more difficult the customer. I can almost guarantee you my tip is going to be.
Speaker 5: So crap, but like the easiest, nicest, like, don't worry about it, like they're probably are gonna give me.
Speaker 1: Why is it?
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, it's so weird the way that works.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this sounds like well, Rod sounds like he's pretty butt hurt over the whole thing.
Speaker 1: I'm not. I'm not I'm not a little. I am not getting I don't like not working for my money. Uh. I don't like standing around when I should be doing something.
Speaker 4: I mean, believe me, it's not backbreaking work going up on stage and making a few announcements, but just to see it's just one of those things that's behind the scenes that I don't think everybody knows.
Speaker 1: It's pretty chaotic back there, you know, and and sometimes even me at my level for doing this is long.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you're the statue and sometimes you're the pigeon.
Speaker 2: You know, Well, that was a good story time pigeon.
Speaker 1: I was the statue. I was definitely the statue, a statue of libertybody.
Speaker 2: I'll say this.
Speaker 1: The bands that I did see were good.
Speaker 4: I saw a little bit of Amber lynn I said, I don't I'm not familiar with a whole lot of these bands. The band that impressed me the most was Emery, which they got a little cookie monster, a couple, you know, they had a guy that they they two or three guys in the band that could do that.
Speaker 1: I met a guy whose daughter's name was Emery. And then I met a girl. I met a mom was.
Speaker 4: There with her daughter, and the daughter's name was Amber Lynne.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I mean, these bands really meant something to the people that were there last night. That emo connection is still there. People told me they grew up with that, and they still it was there. It was the genre of music they were most passionate about.
Speaker 1: That was fun. It was fun. So I got to talk to a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got to I got to, you know, amongst your own.
Speaker 4: I got to jump into the emo that I never was into. Yeah, they were good people, good people.
Speaker 1: Last night.
Speaker 2: Houston's Rock and Alternatives the.
Speaker 17: Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Buzz five, The Buzz Morning, Rod Ryan's show on a wild card Wednesday. There he is.
Speaker 4: That's just Jason just sent me an email. Hey Jason, or Hey Rod, it's Jason.
Speaker 1: I'm the guy you met last night who named his daughter after the band Emery. I told you they were awesome. Here's the pick of us. He told me to email you. Thanks again for being.
Speaker 2: A rad dude.
Speaker 1: Keep rocking. Yeah, I named this kid Emory. They were good. I don't remember them. Do you remember them? Als Emery?
Speaker 4: No, they were a part of the Emo fest last night. They went on early, so I figured, you know, bands go on, you know their popularity. Hawthorne Heights was the biggest band last night, and then Emory was the second band, and there was about six bands playing, so I figured they must have had one hit or you know, one seven to midnight hit or overnight hit at some point. That's why that stuff got away from me, because it was kind of played on the overnights.
Speaker 1: It was you know emo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean you can't really email before eleven. Yeah, although they went on at six thirty evening.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Twenty percent chance of rain Heat advisory today partly Claude Sky's high of ninety seven.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, you just want to go random truck Verry song tested one of Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, it's a very exciting day for a lot of people here locally because we in the morning and out there we go. People are back to school.
Speaker 5: Okay, people have been trickling and starting on Monday, you had his d that yesterday you had some of Clear Creek, and then today and you know, so many other school districts and then today you got Katie getting back in there, Angleton, brass Sport, Barbara's Hill, you have Conroe, you have Klin, you have Laporte, you have Texas City, Springslendora, Waller, Willis Id.
Speaker 2: Everyone is back to school.
Speaker 5: And yeah, I was really thinking about it, and back to school is just new beginnings, right. It's new class. You're you're gonna make new friends, You're gonna have a new teacher, You're gonna have new teachers, and it could be really intimidating and scary to start something new, but it's also very and it's such a good way to grow and learn. So I mean, I'm just excited for everyone. I'm excited for parents, teachers, faculty, staff.
Speaker 2: Everyone get in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's one thing when you're kind of traveling with with your group and you're just going up in grade and you know the people London started a new school. So she didn't know anybody, you know, and she said it went well. So she said it's going good.
Speaker 1: So that's great.
Speaker 5: Now, well, okay, see, I'm so happy for her. I should make a ton of new friends and just learn all kinds of great stuff. I wanted to mention a little bit of a local politics. I know, I'm sorry, but you should know that what's going on here. So former Houston Mary Symester Turner, he has been chosen to be the Democrats party the candidate for Sheila Jackson Lee's former congressional seat. There was a meeting last night and Turner won the majority of the votes, so he has favored to win November's general election because this is a solidly Democratic district.
Speaker 2: That congressional seat is being voted on.
Speaker 5: Jackson Lee, of course, died last month at the age of seventy four, so that's what's going on there.
Speaker 2: Then let's talk about your work environment.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about companies and hirings and firings. There's this poll that found thirty eight percent of companies lay people off instead of firing them.
Speaker 2: Why do they do that to avoid hurting their feelings? Yep, they do.
Speaker 5: That's that's one of the reasons. But the top reason they do it is more self serving. They want to maintain company morale. They want to avoid a mutiny. You know, people let go, people talk in the office, and if they were treated poorly when they left, I mean when they were you know, fired, I think people would, uh yeah, they wouldn't be as loyal.
Speaker 2: To the companies.
Speaker 4: So it must have got research back. Layoff sounds softer than being fired.
Speaker 2: The same thing, totally, totally.
Speaker 1: We did a story teachers weren't using red pens anymore.
Speaker 4: They thought red was too harsh for the kids to see, you know, like red meant you were failing, You're a failure.
Speaker 1: So they switched for a while there, they were switching to like purple pens.
Speaker 2: I got redpin. I do remember. I remember turning in papers and getting them back just with red. They I mean, but it may be a better writer, I think. I don't know.
Speaker 4: They're constantly looking at these things to kind of soften the whatever. I mean, it's not sugar free anymore. It's coke zero right, it's coke zero right.
Speaker 5: Eighty percent of bosses said their company has laid someone off in the past year when they could have just fired them for.
Speaker 2: Cause, but they said, well, we'll let you. It's like let you down easy, like we're.
Speaker 5: Really like we're gonna fire is so aggressive.
Speaker 1: So that comes up a little bit of money getting laid off, I think.
Speaker 2: So sometimes they'll help out with like a severance, some sort of severance.
Speaker 5: Package, but they you know, they do it to avoid a mutiny. That's the number one reason. The other stuff is to I guess soften the blow. Okay, if you haven't seen the trailer for a Chestnut Versus Kobe Yashi Unfinished Beef, it airs on Netflix on September second, and they really watch this.
Speaker 2: I watch it this morning. It's not long, so just go click on it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: These are two competitive eating legends and they go head to head for the first time in fifteen years. This is a rematch event where the winner takes all. Okay, it's safe to They're gonna do it at in Vegas and it's gonna air live, and you know, Netflix will have it for all of us to enjoy. I don't know really feel about watching the competitive eating, Like I like the stories at the end and all the highlights. But Alex, you will sit there and watch these guys guzzle down like sixty five to seventy glizzies, right, Like that's something you enjoy.
Speaker 2: Maybe I watch it, Okay, Okay, might watch it. Might watch the highlights.
Speaker 5: David Navarro says he recorded an album with Taylor Hawkins before he died. He says there is an unreleased album featuring the late Taylor Hawkins. He says it might not see the light of day for a while, even if.
Speaker 2: It deserves so.
Speaker 5: He says he believes it deserves to come out, but that the record showcase what a brilliant all around musician Taylor was because he wrote most of the songs, he played the drums and sang them.
Speaker 2: But he said it might be a little too soon. Hawkins passed away in March of twenty twenty two, and you can go read this article. We have the link to it on our music blog page. Those Areus and setlines Take it. Alex Sastro's one Again Last night they got by the Raise three to two. It's Bregmant homer for the fourth straight game, which is a career high.
Speaker 7: The Astros have now won seven in a row and they're gonna wrap up their series with the Rays tonight. Renel Blanco Obey in the mount for the show is going up against Tampa Bay. Zach Little first pitches at five point fifty and you can listen to it on her sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety on.
Speaker 1: The sports blog page. Today.
Speaker 7: Titans quarterback Will Levis released a Mayo cologne.
Speaker 2: Yesterday.
Speaker 4: I put this on the food blog page. I didn't know what to do with it, but you have this on the sports page.
Speaker 1: Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 7: He famous in college at Kentucky, gragged about how he likes Mayo and his coffee, then got an nil deal with Mayo, and now in the NFL they are giving him his own Mayo cologne.
Speaker 8: I don't know if it smells like Mayo.
Speaker 2: Yas like Mayo, but it is Mayo helon.
Speaker 1: Does mayonnaise have much of a smell?
Speaker 2: No, so that wouldn't be the worst quon. Yeah, just like egg.
Speaker 8: I don't know, Yeah, I know it's probably nothing just greasy.
Speaker 1: Okay, so go check it out.
Speaker 2: You can look at the the ad that he put out for it and read all about it.
Speaker 1: The sports blog Pitch is Yeah. That's also a little further down. There's a lot of food news today, guys, if you want it. If you're looking for a blog page, Rock and Alternative Fair.
Speaker 8: He used to the Rod Ryan.
Speaker 1: Morning Show six to ten am, The Buzz.
Speaker 4: Great job, Alex, thanks Man, Great job Shreddon bro ninety four and five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: It's a beastie boys, No sleep till Brooklyn.
Speaker 4: I always thought it was Kerry King from Slayer on the on the back end of that song, it's my man, Alex just Redding.
Speaker 8: Hey, little known fact about.
Speaker 4: That song sounds great, Broks. You see why you're such a big Corey Feldman fan. Two guitar virtuosos.
Speaker 12: I learned it from him.
Speaker 1: Have what taught of the show?
Speaker 4: Babo had a twenty percent chance of ring part of the Claudis Guys high of ninety seven.
Speaker 1: He did, Bays, He's gonna feel much hotter than that.
Speaker 4: Apparently cy Fair is not going back to school until Monday, so not everybody is in school as of yet. Uh, it's taught well, Alex brought up the because I want to I want to talk Sizzler coming up. An NFL quarterback helped develop a Mayo inspired fragrance.
Speaker 1: The scent combines hints of tart lemon. Is the second time Tart's.
Speaker 4: Been mentioned on the show today. The other time was when I was talking about Lindsay Lohan.
Speaker 1: The scent combines hints of tart lemon, coffee, musk, vanilla, and a whisper, Just a whisper of parsley. You don't want a lot of parsley, You just want a whisper of parsley.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And there's something there calling mayonnaise accord working with Hellman's Mayonnaise on that.
Speaker 8: One accord accordion.
Speaker 1: I didn't know. I don't know that to be true. Maybe I should.
Speaker 4: Well, I knew you were going to cover that on this I didn't know, but I figured that would be on the sports blog page today. The headline Do I have the right headline? An Oreo flavored Coca Cola Uh huh?
Speaker 1: Not done?
Speaker 4: And a Coca Cola flavored Oreo are hitting stores next month for a limited time. These collabs colabs, Everyone's collabing, love.
Speaker 2: A collade right now I don't know. I'm saying they love a collad.
Speaker 1: They do, they do.
Speaker 4: The soda has a refreshing Coca Cola taste with flavorful hints inspired by Oreos. Okay, unlike the cookies, the Coca Cola will be zero sugar. The cookies will not be zero sugar. But yeah, Coca Cola and Nibisco teaming up. What sounds better? Oreo flavored Coca Cola or Coca Cola flavored Oreos?
Speaker 1: What sounds better? Which one would you try first?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you'd want the cookie, right, the cookie, the Coca cola flavored Oreo over the Oreo.
Speaker 1: No switch it, see it's confusing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oreo flavored Coke co Cola.
Speaker 8: Then I would have the cookie first, but i'd have both. I would have no problem with you.
Speaker 4: So it's going to be on sale limited time. It don't see where the collab can be found. Rolled out to stores next month, so they don't have an exclusive, so Walmart, Target, whatever, I think, these things are just gonna be out there on store shelves. They're selling a frozen version of the drink at McDonald's and seven eleven. Jesus, I mean, that's just like a massive.
Speaker 2: A coke slushy. That's like a good slushy flavor to me.
Speaker 5: So over like these I don't know, blue tropical rawbonnet flavor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you got Coca Cola and Nibisco.
Speaker 4: Now McDonald's has entered the chat and seven eleven and then I'm not done. Spotify is gonna get involved with this. There's gonna be some QR code. You can sync up your music preferences with your friends on Spotify. You know, your other friends that love oreole flavored sodas. And then Forever twenty one is going to be selling because they call this bestie mode.
Speaker 1: You know, you've got these besties getting together. That's the collab. Okay, they've got clothing at Forever twenty one on this So one, two, three, four, five, six, big brands who the hell sat in a room and came up with this plan.
Speaker 2: This just shows you how bored they are and how much money they have to throw around.
Speaker 1: This is mad men. Don Draper type stuff.
Speaker 5: Is already dominating the market. Like there's it's it's already having You're like, you know what, let's if your conglomerate gets with my conglomerate, then.
Speaker 2: We can take over the world, pinky Like, that's a.
Speaker 1: Lot stop.
Speaker 2: It bothers.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of moving parts, man.
Speaker 4: So you can go to Forever twenty one and then you can you can get this this T shirt like an Oreo flavored coke T shirt, I guess, and you know you're gonna spend twenty five bucks on it, and then I would say, maybe wait six months and buy it for a dollar a good will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, want to mention all the chloric benefits none.
Speaker 4: I'm just wondering there's somebody out there. Damn Rod, when's that T shirt gonna hit the rack?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: Tell me what I want?
Speaker 4: An Oreo Coca Cola T shirt? But I want to walk around all right, Here we go, guys, let's sizzle. We're on the inside of the brackets. Now, Welcome to the Sweet sixteen. Suckas, Welcome to the Sweet sixteen. We gotta go all the way up to the top. We got to see Jessica from Paarland who took out Pamela from Spring and Camille from Sebrook. That's who I believe took out a leaf to get to this spot. Winner goes to the Grete eight. This is just the first of the Sweet sixteen games, and we're gonna meet. We're gonna reintroduce ourselves to the players. Coming up after this sizzler brought to us by show Federal Credit Union.
Speaker 1: Don't miss it. It's coming up the Buzz Rock and Alter the Rod Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to a ninety four or five the Buzz. Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. We're gonna get into the suburb summer sizzler coming up.
Speaker 4: We see nothing above a twenty percent chance of rain today, partly cloudy, high study of around ninety seven, and it's going to feel much harder and hotter than that, so much so.
Speaker 1: They've slapped another heat advisory. I think three days in a row. Now.
Speaker 2: What's trending today is National Tattoo Removal Day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm trying to carve out some time to talk about that. I like, I enjoy getting people on the show that have gone the route of removing a tattoo, and I like it for a number of reasons.
Speaker 10: So this day was.
Speaker 5: Placed at this time because it's exactly a month after National Tattoo Day, and it's six months after Valentine's Day.
Speaker 2: So this is a thought this is a thoughtfully placed removal day.
Speaker 4: I'd like to maybe carve out some time in the nine o'clock hour. There's somebody that's gone through tattoo removal, and I'll tell you what they're gonna say. It is ten times more painful than getting the tattoo. And I just I like having them on so that somebody thinks about that tattoo. Do they really want it or not, because if you want it to if you want to get it removed, it's going to be unbelievably painful.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 4: You're one of these people that tells me you like tattoos, you like the way it feels. Every one of mine hurt, right, it's worse getting it removed. Yeah, and multiple treatments and the blistering and everything else that goes along with it.
Speaker 2: So let's save some time to talk about that.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, So.
Speaker 4: Somebody contact me if you've gone through tattoo removal, if you have any pictures to share, whatever, I'd like to set you up to talk to us in the nine o'clock hour.
Speaker 5: Another thing that's trending is you're looking at girls blog page, which you included the Miley Cyrus speech that she gave when she was getting the Disney Legends Award. There was an award ceremony for all the Disney Legends and they were being inducted.
Speaker 2: I really if you haven't seen Miley's.
Speaker 5: Speech, she talks about her start as Hannah Montana. She apologizes for her banger's era to Disney because she kind of went through a wild child phase there, but really good stuff. And that's towards the bottom of the page. So there's like a ton of stuff going on, and look at a girl's blog page. But that was the one that kind of caught my attention. Also, did you see this?
Speaker 2: It was a weather man who had an on air panic attack and just like you remember what we were talking about the earthquake. You're like, that girl is a complete profe.
Speaker 5: She was on ESPN. She walks you through what's going on. Make sure everything's this is very similar. This guy's having a panic attack and he's like, Okay, I'm actually getting this is happening right now. You know, you guys know I occasionally get affected by this. Yeah, it was open. It opened a bigger conversation. The anchors were really they handled it compassionately as well. So that's a story that's kind of going around, and that's what's trending on eighty four.
Speaker 2: Five with us.
Speaker 4: I'll say, hello here, Jessica, welcome back, good morning. Tell me about your first game. Good morning to you. Tell me about your first game. Did you get in by default or did you get the song.
Speaker 1: Default by default? Okay, it's okay, you're allowed. That's why I'm going to do it.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna I'm gonna, you know, try to get it this time.
Speaker 1: Though, because you've had a while now to think about it. Oh yeah, you take it on. Camille, Camille, good morning, welcome back, Welcome to the Sweet sixteen. So thank you.
Speaker 4: So tell me a little bit about your game, Camille. I believe you took out a leaf.
Speaker 11: I won by default. I did know the song, but he did say his name first, and then I had a whole horrible situation going on in the background. So we're way better today.
Speaker 2: Very great.
Speaker 4: Okay, And you've had time to think about it, and you're like, you both know that the other person got the answer wrong.
Speaker 1: Is why you moved forward in this.
Speaker 4: It can happen a couple of times, but it's just you're not going to trip your way into the Final Four.
Speaker 1: That way, that that much.
Speaker 4: I think everybody knows, so I can't wait to hear this matchup. I think you guys are evenly matched, because we don't know. That's all we know is you guys got here the same way.
Speaker 1: Camille Jessica, you've got three minutes to think about it. I cannot wait to hear you guys sizzle.
Speaker 6: This fun summer is about to turn to houly crap?
Speaker 1: Where did it go?
Speaker 6: The rod Ryan Show Morning on nine four five the but.
Speaker 4: Ninety four to five the Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Thank you so much for having us on. I hope you're off to a great start to your wild card Wednesday. You guys make my day every day when you show up and hang out with us a little bit, so thank you for that twenty percent chance of ring. Nothing over that partly cloudy skies. I have ninety seven heat advisory. Let's not mess around, okay.
Speaker 1: So sweet sixteen.
Speaker 4: Show Federal Credit Union for a fourth summer, giving us six thousand dollars to give out five thousand going to the winner, two hundred and fifty dollars to each player in the Final four. Can you just default your way into the final four.
Speaker 1: I imagine you could, you could, but I just don't think it's likely. Come in on good morning. I can't wait to hear your new fresh approach to this game. I cannot wait. I cannot wait.
Speaker 11: I've been I swear.
Speaker 1: Okay, listen, this money, I don't have a chance to win. It's you, so listen.
Speaker 4: You're only cheating yourself if you're not practicing. Jessica, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: I'm ready. All right, Camille says she's been practicing. Have you been practicing? Yes, I have. I'm ready to go. Let's do this, all right.
Speaker 4: These are all returning people, now returning champions in the Sweet sixteen. No more play in games. You can no longer apply to play. Here we go for a second time. Camille from Are you from Campos or Seabrook?
Speaker 1: Camille, I'm from Seabrook.
Speaker 4: But my last thing, oh compos okay, all right, so it's Seabrook in Perland, all right, Jessica from Perland, Alex.
Speaker 1: This is day seventeen.
Speaker 2: Sure is, buddy, Oh boy, help by.
Speaker 4: Shout out your name Camille or Jessica. When you think you know the song title and the name of the band, good luck.
Speaker 1: Oh this is hard. Come, I'll go for it.
Speaker 11: Aerials, system of a down.
Speaker 8: Nailed it, got it, got it.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I thought that was hard. I thought that was difficult.
Speaker 2: I thought that was a hard one too.
Speaker 1: Well, Bill, yeah, I knew what.
Speaker 11: I just had to sing it in my head.
Speaker 1: So, Jessica, when did it click with you?
Speaker 11: Right when that guitar hit.
Speaker 1: The guitar hit, and then you said, okay, I know this. Come, Jessica, we got to say goodbye pair Land. There's a lot of people, have a great day. How are you even going to go to the mall anymore?
Speaker 2: Don't look at me, just don't even look her way.
Speaker 1: Coime me out.
Speaker 18: You're in the Great eight now, Oh.
Speaker 4: You'll be taking on either Holly from Conroe or Joe from Rosenberg.
Speaker 1: I don't remember those games, but I would go back. I would go back and listen.
Speaker 11: I've actually been a dork and I've been cataloging them.
Speaker 4: So with the song, So I mean, are you are you bold enough to say who you'd rather face?
Speaker 1: Holly or Joe? No, she doesn't want that. What do you call that billboard?
Speaker 2: What do you call that bulletin?
Speaker 4: Bulletin board material? Okay, she she doesn't want to she doesn't want to fuel them. Okay, I believe Alvin. I believe Alvin and Deer Park Tomorrow on the show, Tomil You're you're in the Grade eight.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, rat So thank you guys. You're one game. You're one game away now from winning two hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 11: I hated, to be honest, so what I've been counting them. I've been trying to market on my calendar too, so I'm the sucking word.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, the Grade eight you once you make it into the final four and now you're looking at cash.
Speaker 1: So oh that's awesome. All right, these games are exciting.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I thought you played brilliantly today. Way to Go.
Speaker 10: The Right Right Show celebrating twenty years, ninety four or five of.
Speaker 4: Here we Go, ninety four to five, Buzz Red Hot Chili Peppers and Under the Bridge Rob Ryan's Show. You said it was tattoo Removal Day.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: I don't remember that being a national day, but we've talked about it on the show, so it may have been. Because of that day popping up. We've had the discussion about tattoo removal I like talking to people that have had tattoos removed.
Speaker 1: Most of them kind of share the same thing over the years of well, I'm a guy that has tattoos. It hurts. Okay, every one of my tattoos, they didn't feel good. Great.
Speaker 4: I can't even be around people that are like, oh I like it, you're a weirdo. Okay, you're a weirdo. Give a pet scorpion. So it hurts to get a tattoo, and it hurts in different places universally the people that I've spoken to, the removal is even if you don't mind getting a tattoo, the removal.
Speaker 2: Is worse, like way worse.
Speaker 5: So this day was actually founded by the laser people, like the laser tattoo removal people.
Speaker 2: Sure, scan that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Scott's had a couple of tattoos removed. Hey Scott, Hey, how are you good? Can you tell me what tattoos you had removed?
Speaker 16: So I had a couple of initials on my wrist and had those removed about eight or ten years or ago or so.
Speaker 12: Was it an old chand.
Speaker 16: Absolutely excruciated pa. It took like five treatments for that because they were relatively small the cost wasn't that big.
Speaker 1: Of a deal. Huh huh.
Speaker 16: But I've got And what they do is, you know, first they give you this ice cube and have you hold the ice cube on it for you know, five minutes or twenty minutes, whatever it was, and then they you know, put these lasers safe glasses on you, and then they go to work with the laser. And it feels exactly like they are burning something out of your skin with a laser being because that's exactly what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Were the initials that you had removed? Was it an old chick?
Speaker 4: Yes, it was, of course it was naturally And this is why, and this is why I like having you on as well, because maybe you're gonna get tattoos, and I don't want any of mine removed, even the goofy ones that I got when.
Speaker 2: I was your choices, they're like the homage to the old you.
Speaker 1: But old girlfriends and stuff like that. Come on.
Speaker 4: Your kids are always going to be your kid, but your wife and your they might not be around forever.
Speaker 1: You know, your family's kind of your family.
Speaker 2: Forever to outgrow them.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, so you know what it took to remove those small little initials you got something that you're thinking about getting removed on your arm too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I've got a.
Speaker 16: Roses on my arm for a whole other different reason, also chick related and stupid.
Speaker 1: And I appreciate your honesty, Thank you.
Speaker 16: And I'm I'm pro tattoo and I've always said that once I get this one removed, I'll go back and start doing having some more tattoos.
Speaker 9: But I.
Speaker 16: I'm purposely waiting because I want my choices of my next tattoos to be carefully sought out because of the pain and the money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now is there any is there any truth I.
Speaker 16: Want to have removed?
Speaker 12: Is color?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a word of advice.
Speaker 16: I tell people all the time.
Speaker 1: Please, if you're going to do color, don't do green. I heard the same thing. Green is the hardest thing to remove.
Speaker 16: They are telling me that it's going to be around twenty treatments to have the green removed. Oh, at about three hundred and fifty bucks a treatment.
Speaker 1: And two times three six thousand dollars brutal.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 16: I paid thirty dollars for the tattoo and.
Speaker 1: Six grand of removing and paid thirty five years ago.
Speaker 2: See, so this is just a reminder to be thoughtful, to be your tattoo. Yeah, your little research, make sure you feel.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Scott.
Speaker 2: It's going to be great forever.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I'll put on I'll put on calls like that all the whole nine o'clock hour, Okay, just to scare people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm pro tattoo. Just be smart about what you're getting. Be smart.
Speaker 5: Cats are cool, but what's it takes the coolness away if you're gonna just.
Speaker 2: Regret it or be embarrassed for whatever, for whatever reason.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Scott.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A couple other emails come in National Tattoo Removal Day.
Speaker 10: It hurts Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day, and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Bus ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Stained lowested Me wild Card Wednesday, and Number one Link Today.
Speaker 4: Got a chance for you nationally to win one thousand dollars in a trip to the iHeartRadio Music Festival.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan Show twenty of anniversary tickets. Those are coming your way. I know the show.
Speaker 4: We'll get to that closer to a round ninety fifty, right, last thing we do before we get out of here, we'll ask you a question about today's show, and we'll get you into the party that everyone wants to be at October twelfth at the Carbock Brewery.
Speaker 1: All the details about the twentieth aniversary party.
Speaker 4: It's around the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do this.
Speaker 2: Welp in the morning and out.
Speaker 5: Hopefully everyone's in school already. Hopefully we can take that collective deep breath because the kiddos are back in.
Speaker 2: Those learning seats where they belong.
Speaker 5: The new school year came so quickly and for schools like Angleton, brows A Sport, Barbara's Hill, Clear Creek, Conroe, Laporte, Katie Kleine Springs, Flendora, Texas City, Waller Willis, it has begun, It starts today. Their new school year has, you know, is off and running. And then tomorrow you think, why would they start the first date on a Thursday. There are more schools trickling in tomorrow. I think you got like Dickinson, Montgomery Spring Branch. They're all going back tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mentioned on Monday.
Speaker 5: Mmmmm hmmm, so not everyone back, but Katie's a big one. Katie's a big school district. There are no more personal devices. They're saying, no more phones in the classrooms for grades three through twelve and Katie, they're going to give them chrome books. So that will see how that's received amongst the students there.
Speaker 1: You can't even walk on campus with a phone.
Speaker 2: I don't think in the classroom you can be right have your phone.
Speaker 5: Okay, So maybe on campus it's the thing, because yeah, how what else would you communicate? You know, ride pickups and stuff like that. That's how the young kids talk these days. Yeah, so yeah, I know that was a big rule that a lot of people were talking about. There's also a video that everyone's talking about. It's circulating locally here on social media. Is a big crash that happened on the East Freeway where so it happened, I believe on Sunday, according to.
Speaker 2: The Harris County Sheriff's Office.
Speaker 5: Yet these kids, ages one and four, were traveling inside a jeep driven by their father.
Speaker 2: It collided with another vehicle. It flipped that the impact of the crash flipped the jeep, which is already scary enough. These kids come flying out of the car and they weren't moving on the ground. This guy that was recording thought that the kids were goners. He starts recording and they start to move around. You see the dad come running towards him. You see another adult come running and he says he shared it as a reminder for.
Speaker 5: Parents to secure your kids. The Sheriff's office says this investigation is not over that dad. He's a young dad. He's only twenty five years old. He could face criminal charges for not having his kids restrained in that car.
Speaker 4: Say this, Okay, it happens every year, the backpack giveaway. I see kids in the back seat, no no child, no no car seat, no car seats for the kids. I see kids sitting in the front seat.
Speaker 1: We all see it.
Speaker 4: We all see it every single year. I'm there to give out backpacks that day. I'm not there to call the cops on people.
Speaker 1: Man, I get it. Okay, those car seats are expensive, Alex, you're going through that now. You've got to secure those kids. You can't have loose.
Speaker 4: Kids running around. It's not like when we were kids. Yeah, you know, give your kid every advantage possible.
Speaker 1: And I get it.
Speaker 4: There's got to be a way to get a car seat. There's got to be a way to get a cheap car seat is better.
Speaker 5: Than no car set, tons of programs, tons of I've seen you know, these big rummage sales where they safety inspect the second hand car seats and things like that in order to resell them again, and they sell them very cheap. So yes, and then you have you know, the hand me downs from kids, you know, parents with kids that have outgrown them. So there are ways, You're right. Okay, let's talk about Chuck E Cheese.
Speaker 2: They are launching membership plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they say they're going to offer unlimited visits for a monthly fee, beginning at eight dollars. So eight dollars a month will get you a Bronze tier, Thirty dollars a month will get you a gold here, and the passes, depending on the tier, will include a number of games per visit. They'll offer you discounts on food and drinks, and they can be used it over four hundred and seventy participating locations in the US.
Speaker 2: Okay, some movie news.
Speaker 5: Freaky Friday sequel finally get it's a title. You have actress Lindsay lo Hen Lilo back on set with Jamie Lee Curtis for the Freaky Friday sequel. It's going to be called Freaky or Friday. They announced that yesterday. Lohan and Curtis look great. They are still in the middle of shooting, and Curtis hinted that there might be a lot of music in the video, I mean in the movie, which is leading all the Lindsay Lohan fans to be like, oh, her movie ban Maybe the movie band is back together. Mark Your Calendars is a little hit theater sexier Alex.
Speaker 1: Lindsay Lohan has fans.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, me would I am?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: She was on that Vanity Fair her like Hillary Duff, Britney Spears like they kind of all had this most Selena Gomez like all those girls were.
Speaker 2: Those were the it girls for us. So let's talk about You're it girl, You're it man, it man.
Speaker 1: Corey Feldman, he's the man, He's the dogs.
Speaker 2: He's dog totally viral my dog.
Speaker 5: You maybe have seen that video of Corey Feldman banging out a not so righteous guitar solo during a concert.
Speaker 2: It has become a huge meme.
Speaker 5: Rod captured that solo on Sunday Night, and apparently the joke is on us because it's supposed to be awful. According to Corey, he faced allegations that he wasn't playing his solo, that he was faking it. He's like, nope, the song is called the Joke. It's been great trolling you, he says, Let's do it again sometime.
Speaker 2: It's all on the music bog page. Those are uston sadlines.
Speaker 1: I know you'd like that fell dog to roll on, but we must play the Astros song that they won.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Astros won again last night. You got by the Rays three to two. Alex Bregman homer for the fourth straight game, which is a career high for him.
Speaker 2: They've now won seven in a row.
Speaker 8: And the wrap up this series at the Rays this evening.
Speaker 7: Were Now Blanco is gonna be on the mound for the shows going up against Tampa's and Zach Little first pitches at five p fifty. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talking I need on the sports blog page today. Have you seen the heroes welcome that our break dancing sensation ray Gun got when she went back to Australia yesterday.
Speaker 2: No, I'm so happy. Is everything control with dancing with her? She's dancing some more. You have a whole crowd around.
Speaker 1: There, so they're not embarrassed by her.
Speaker 8: I'm sure there are people that are embarrassed.
Speaker 5: The Olympics owes her an edible arrangement for how much attention she brought.
Speaker 2: Got it kicked out of the Olympics, doesn't matter.
Speaker 8: She brought but killed it too.
Speaker 2: She she brought all the attention.
Speaker 1: In the wrong way. It's okay, No, not for the Olympics.
Speaker 4: The Olympics I put at such a high it is the best of the best of the entire world.
Speaker 1: It's not a joke. And she's and what she did was so disrespectful.
Speaker 2: Disrespect you was disrespectful. And I think that's a little harsh.
Speaker 4: I do, because there's somebody that could break dance for real, and she but she kept them off the team showed.
Speaker 2: Me them, She kept them off until I see them. I think it's I think it's great if you care about breakdancing.
Speaker 7: Yes, I don't care about break dancing. I thought it was hilarious, So I'm here for it. Go check it out, sports plug. I'm there if somebody made it to.
Speaker 4: And did all the work and was this amazing gymnast and then and then decided decided to tank on the floor exercise and just make a mockery of it.
Speaker 1: Would that be the same thing.
Speaker 2: I don't think she was making a mocker. I think that was her best. I think she was giving ye zero. I think that was her style.
Speaker 5: She's not the villain here, no way.
Speaker 2: She's a chance.
Speaker 8: But if you're a breakdancer, she's a villain.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 1: I'm the rod Ryan Morning Show. The Buzz, the Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the night one o'clock hour. It's our fourth and final hour together. It's gonna heat up today, for sure. Man so much so that they slapped another for three days in a row. Now Heat advisory true temperatures around ninety seven, ninety eight.
Speaker 1: It's gonna feel like one hundred and eight or above. Low chances of rain today.
Speaker 4: I mean highlights from this hour. Rod Ryan showed twentieth anniversary tickets. It's at the end of the hour, but it'll be on no the show. Our show is going down October twelfth at the Carbock Brewery. Boy ahead, everybody asking me about that yesterday. And I let me just get this out of the way. I think Chili's probably dealing with this a lot chili. You can chime in anytime. You're like people when they are winning other things, they're like, you know, like doing us a favor.
Speaker 1: I'd be willing to swap out that rod Ryan.
Speaker 4: Show t shirt that I won for Fresh out of Bed Head to head if you want to just give me anniversary show tickets, I'd be willing to swap. I mean, it's very nice of people. I think you've been getting that suggestion a lot chili.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but I that twenty four year old girl from last night that you didn't meet.
Speaker 4: Oh the stage manager or Hawthorn Heights or the I guess she's the tour manager.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 12: I'm like people in Hell one ice cold water, but they ain't getting it. Shutting that down, yeah, straight out.
Speaker 18: Man.
Speaker 12: You know what if I gave a ticket to everybody that was like that, I would be out of a job quick, bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 12: So it gotta be sometimes you gotta just kind of you know, it sucks, but you know what, my cross the bear.
Speaker 1: But I know that people are asking you, oh, even my friends.
Speaker 12: Even my friends, and I'm picking which ones I like better than the others.
Speaker 2: You know, Good for you.
Speaker 12: I'm like, you know this person didn't help me when I needed help with this off the list.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, you know, listen, we're all It's funny because there was a guy there that works for car Bok and he said, dude, it's the talk of the brewery.
Speaker 1: Everybody that works at car.
Speaker 4: Back they have friends, okay, and the friends know where they work and they know what's coming up, and they're like, well, you must be able to get me tickets. You work at the brewery. That makes sense, and they're getting he said, he's getting pummeled by everybody for these tickets.
Speaker 13: Bro, I should work the door that day, yes, palm dude, Yes, if I work the works Okay, if I worked the door that day, I'd be like, sorry, Collared nine, I got all.
Speaker 2: Back, I've got back.
Speaker 1: I got other plans for you that day. Okay, dude, No, I don't know. You're at the front door.
Speaker 17: Now.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna be strict. I'm gonna be hanging out there checking. I said, well, it says here that this ticket was given away to this person. You're not that person. Salary can't come in.
Speaker 4: Chili is cracking down, and listen, I get it. It's just winning your way in. I was talking to Logan who works here. Yeah, and I said, let's do some let's.
Speaker 1: Do parties out at locations sooner than later, let's not wait. And I'm looking around the you know, the home run dugout. I said, let's do it. Let's do a party here. It was my first time there. Tessa, you had already been there. It was awesome last night.
Speaker 4: It was so cool there last night. And Jillie, it's out there in Katown, so you would love it.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 12: I got an appears this Saturday at Tom wall Ford. Maybe I'll ask for some tickets, see if I can get something.
Speaker 4: Think they're doing it like that, Na, No, I don't think they're doing it like that. There's going to be specific parties that we are going to say, Okay, we're going to team up with Carbach and we're going to be out at this time at this location.
Speaker 1: I'm just waiting for the locations. I'm ready to go. Put me in coach type of deal. I want to be out.
Speaker 4: I want to bring a stack of tickets and I want to hand these things to people. So again, we're talking about the rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. It's October twelfth, it's at the Carbock Brewery. You have to win your way in, and there's acoustic performances from Shine Down, Sublime, Blue October, Thiravid, dead Man and the Exities. You have to win your way in. It's an all ages show. Doors will open at three o'clock. I think we have a hard cutoff at ten, like boom, that's it. You can't make any more noise in that neighborhood at ten o'clock, so we're gonna shut things down before them. And then my thought was like, well, then let's just set up an after party. I'm not gonna need an after party.
Speaker 2: Not you know, like this is my that'll beat. That'll be ticket only as well.
Speaker 4: It's like, Rod, this is not your fifth anniversary, it's your twentieth. Where are you going, jackass after partying from three until ten?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's right. I'm going home wherever you want to That'll be it. So I am not putting together an official after party.
Speaker 2: Should just take me.
Speaker 1: To bed after that. I need some sleep. Hey guys, here's a chance for you to win some big cash on a trip ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show, Wild Card Windnesday, heat advisory today, and now we got to deal with alex online.
Speaker 6: It's Alix online.
Speaker 1: The muzz just got over there.
Speaker 8: Bro make your life easier today.
Speaker 1: You can.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna tell you what you should have for dinner? Now, this is uh, everybody's always like, what am I gonna have for dinner?
Speaker 2: If you don't know, I just go to Today's.
Speaker 7: AOL, yeah, and then click it and it'll just come up with a random thing, and then it'll give you a rescue for that thing.
Speaker 8: But it'll also be a little bit aggressive with you.
Speaker 7: So it's lessen your family's shame with some effing chicken pot pie tonight.
Speaker 2: So I clicked that. It gives me a recipe for.
Speaker 8: Chicken pot pie.
Speaker 7: Maybe you don't want chicken pot pie, Eat some g D fing shredded chicken.
Speaker 2: Case of dmls. Oh yeah, Thiskody gives you a link to that.
Speaker 1: You gonna have to go get all these ingredients.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, if you like, what should I have for dinner? You're at work right now, you swing by on the way home.
Speaker 1: Work on this now, plan ahead, get the ingredients.
Speaker 7: And instead of having to come up with it yourself, you can just very rudely be told what you should have for dinner.
Speaker 1: I haven't had it. It's been it's been a minute since I had a chicken pot pie.
Speaker 2: We're about ground beef and baked bean cast roles. That could be another option for you.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that being on the menu at home when I.
Speaker 7: Was a kid.
Speaker 2: Don't worry because you can go click the menu and then it would give you all the ingredient. It's for him how to make.
Speaker 8: We'll check it out.
Speaker 7: See what you should have for dinner tonight at the work finished Rod Ryan Show page The Buzz dot.
Speaker 1: Com attention station employees.
Speaker 13: Now that school is back at session, we are transforming the station's daycare area into a Margerita bar.
Speaker 18: Run RYUS ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, Ron Ryan Show some forty one Landmines nine five.
Speaker 1: Tessa, you got your email? Handy too? Pull up Heather's email.
Speaker 4: Okay, I just forwarded over you to you. Today is National tattoo Removal Day. Got it all right, she says? I got a few more sessions. Oh, jimminy, she says, repeat, do not get green ink. We had a listener on earlier today. So today's tattoo removal day.
Speaker 2: And uh, skin bubble Alex, you see that.
Speaker 4: I like talking about it because I just want you to be smart about getting tattoos.
Speaker 1: I'm pro tattoo, I have them.
Speaker 4: I want you to be smart about what you get because down the road if you want them removed. And I'll say this about tattoo removal too, not only I was gonna say it's incredibly painful. I think everybody across the board will agree with that that's gotten a tattoo removed, you have to go for multiple sessions. I don't know that I've ever seen a tattoo that's been removed where you absolutely can't tell there was ever, ever, ever anything there.
Speaker 2: Like, it's not like a seamless removal.
Speaker 4: I think it can be lightened up to a point where you could probably just put dot dot dot dot dot whatever you girls use for cover up, and you probably would never know the better. But I don't what's called concealer. But I'm my question for someone that's had tattoo removal. If I looked at it, and I grabbed your arm and I looked at it, am I still going to see Mighty Mouse?
Speaker 2: Like I'm still see that faint tattoo still there, no greed, No, you're gonna see a little faintness. Agree, What was this before? Heather?
Speaker 11: Was this?
Speaker 4: Like it looked like so Heather had something that was so Heather had something on her hand between her thumb and her index finger.
Speaker 1: A Tommy Lee's got stars.
Speaker 5: Right there, like that could have been anything. We don't know, but all I know is your skin bubble. Okay, I just tweeted this out, guys.
Speaker 4: The skin bubbles bigger warning, the blisters, the pain of the removal of a tattoo, the.
Speaker 2: Fluid of the sacks, from the burns from the laser.
Speaker 4: She included a video. Haven't even watched that, but yeah, that's my next question. Then that's my next that's my next question on this journey of National Tattoo Removal Day. Do you have a tattoo that was removed and there is nothing you can tell, You cannot tell at all that you had something there? I get it, if you have something that you don't want lightening up that tattoo is better than it having blazing and just you know out there when you don't want something, But does somebody have something where there's just zero evidence that a tattoo once lived.
Speaker 1: On that piece of skin.
Speaker 4: I don't know that to be true. I don't know that we're there, we're tattoo removal yet. And what do they tell you when when you know? I mean, these are there's companies out there that are doing this for a living. I can't believe they're not emailing me.
Speaker 1: But do they tell you come with us twenty sessions?
Speaker 4: No one will ever know no, or are they saying we'll do our best twenty sessions.
Speaker 1: It's going to be painful and it'll be.
Speaker 4: It'll be to a point where you're going to be You can fool a lot of people that nothing was there.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know how that works.
Speaker 2: I don't either. Who dang that picture is living rent free with me right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've seen many many pictures of that, the bubbling of the skin and everything like that.
Speaker 1: I'm not trying to grow seat gives me chills. Did you tweet that?
Speaker 18: Out?
Speaker 1: Of course?
Speaker 11: I did?
Speaker 2: Okay to share my pain, Heather's pain, and.
Speaker 1: What the hell was it before?
Speaker 5: There's probably something she thought was gonna be real cute, see very demure, very cute.
Speaker 2: See look at my little tattoo.
Speaker 4: I cannot quite tell, but it looked like something that may have been done by an uncle at a kitchen table.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe like a we're all drinking. I love those stories drinking buddy.
Speaker 1: Well, it's my uncle's friend, you know, at the kitchen table. He said, he can give me a free one practicing. It's great, all right?
Speaker 4: Have you seen this has kind of gone viral a little bit. It's on Three Things you Must See Today. There's a leaky fire hydrant in New York City. It's in Bedsty. It's a neighborhood in Brooklyn, so I don't know, like all the small things within the burroughs, but the fire hydrant was leaking, and guy bought a hundred goldfish at a pet store sixteen bucks for one hundred goldfish. He dumped him in the puddle. And now people are visiting it. It's becoming a viral thing. People are going to take pictures of it tourist and apparently the goldfish are thriving.
Speaker 1: I've got a picture of all this, okay.
Speaker 4: A group of neighbors have been feeding them a couple times a day, and it's a bit of a local landmark this summer.
Speaker 1: It's like the talk of the summer in New York. Okay, videos are going viral. So I saw it enough. I'm like, Oka, I'm gonna put this on three things. So people are showing up to feed the fish. They're coming from other burrows to take pictures. It's just goldfish in a puddle.
Speaker 2: Those goldfish can make it in New York. They can make it anywhere.
Speaker 4: It's the Bedsty aquarium now, awesome. There is no aquarium in Bedsty, Brooklyn, but they're calling it. They've got their own aquarium now. So the City of New York not in love with this idea. They have had to comment on this. They said, Okay, we're going to fix this leaky fire hydrant because it's impacting the availability of the water. Which you have is a leaky fire hydrant where it's slowly adding more water and it's creating you know, air, and these things are they're allowed to breathe, they're allowed to breathe. Well, they're gonna they're saying, we have to turn this off. So they fixed the hydrant and they left, and then somebody went in the wrench and just opened it up a little bit. And now so there's a cat and mouse thing going on with these fish. Okay, they've sent workers out to turn off the hydrant multiple times. People keep turning it back on to save.
Speaker 2: The fish, Save the fish.
Speaker 4: So city puts out a statement, we love goldfish also, but we know right there's a better home for them than on our sidewalk.
Speaker 2: True, whilse their fault in the beginning, got to go fix the city problems.
Speaker 4: The people that have been feeding the fish say they're going to distribute them to the kids around the neighborhood if they have to, but they're gonna keep going for as.
Speaker 1: Long as possible.
Speaker 4: They started to gofund me for the fish right now, hoping to raise enough money to make it a permanent tourist attraction.
Speaker 1: Apparently there's not a lot going on in that neighborhood.
Speaker 2: I gotta see this. This is something I must see.
Speaker 1: Some people have been stealing the fish.
Speaker 4: I don't know if they're trying to liberate them and save them or they're just taking them home as souvenirs.
Speaker 5: Are they're stealing that if it's on the street, finders keepers just I picked something up.
Speaker 1: People want that to be a permanent installment, and people are taking the fish home. They're famous like, this is one of those New York fish. This is one of those Brooklyn.
Speaker 4: Fish, and I got their famous. That's headlining three things you must see today, Save the Fish.
Speaker 10: Twenty years of Mayhem in the Morning with the Run Ryan Show only ninety the Bus.
Speaker 1: All right, ninety four five, the Bus, Pearl.
Speaker 4: Jams, even Flow, rod Ryan Show, Wild Card Wednesday. Heat Advisory today partly cloudy Sky's twenty percent chance.
Speaker 1: Of ring hive around ninety seven. Alex, I haven't heard you mentioned baby Ell in a while. How's baby doing?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Update on little baby Elle?
Speaker 2: Fine?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hang in sleeping at night.
Speaker 2: She sleeps at night, not hot during the day.
Speaker 1: That's usually the That's usually like the usual updates. When you have a newborn.
Speaker 4: The number one question you get asked is like, Okay, what's the sleep schedule?
Speaker 2: Looking like, yeah, she sleeps all through the night. Yeah, just kill her. Okay, it's her favorite food, milk. Still it's like all she diets.
Speaker 1: Okay, who has dropped her?
Speaker 11: So far?
Speaker 1: She has not been dropped.
Speaker 4: It's pretty good, perfect, pretty good.
Speaker 1: It could come any day now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, we do.
Speaker 4: I want to say that before you knew the sex of your baby, Eli was being talked about as a name.
Speaker 1: Did you get that pushed through as a did you get that stamped? Yes? Uh yeah.
Speaker 2: It was kind of like a non negotiable and leave with the boy. It's got to be Eli.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: And it sounds like you kind of got your way because as a girl, L is one letter shy of Eli.
Speaker 1: So it sounds like you've gone She's She's the four letters E L.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, pretty close, pretty similar, Yeah, disguised.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that was always going to be the backup for a girl L in my eyes.
Speaker 2: Any nicknames like Ellie, Belly, L's.
Speaker 1: Bell call early on. Okay, very good, very good. It's a great name.
Speaker 4: I mean, every kid is named either Liam or Olivia right now, you know, I mean those boutique names Sophia, you know.
Speaker 2: Those bus I've got one of those.
Speaker 4: So somebody listed some old school names and they say these names are never ever coming back. And there was a couple of names on here where I never knew that they were real names. They say Kermit used to be a name.
Speaker 2: Ah well, yeah for frogs, Kermit used.
Speaker 1: To And there's a there's a trumpet player in New Orleans Kermit Ruffins and the Barbecue Swingers. Never really thought about it. But his name is awesome. His name is Kermit Kurmitt Ruffins.
Speaker 2: Awesome group I think his name. Yeah, the Barbecue sing and.
Speaker 4: The BARBQ Swingers, Barbecueing Current Ruffins.
Speaker 1: And the Barbecue Swingers.
Speaker 4: Before he became super famous, he would play at bars and then he would take a break and then they would tailgate outside the bar and.
Speaker 1: He would cook and you could you could eat with the do what you love. So they say Kermit was a name. Elmo was a name that won't come back anymore.
Speaker 5: The security guard that does the tickets at Lifetime and the jim I Park at his name is Elmo.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, older guy, older dude.
Speaker 1: So before Elmo, the Sesame Street character.
Speaker 2: Ooh before maybe right around you know what, I'll ask him. I talked to him.
Speaker 1: How old is the guy?
Speaker 2: It's probably in his seventies.
Speaker 1: Oh Jesus Christ, Elmo is not almost thirty years old.
Speaker 2: Oh I don't know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yes, no Sesame Street. No, Sesame Street started in nineteen sixty nine.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but Elmo.
Speaker 4: But Elmo was an original character. Yeah, so let's see, Elmo's not coming back. Kermit's not coming back. They say Gail for women and gay Lord for men. Gay Lord Fowker, Yeah, that Gaylord might make a comeback on the list. Adolf, Adolph's not making a comeback anytime soon. I think I've shared with you guys that my godfather's name was Adolf. Not a cool name to have during the time he was during the time that he was around on the playground.
Speaker 3: Not cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just go with something else.
Speaker 1: I went with that.
Speaker 4: So that's how I had on uncle Ace. And that's where Ace came about. That's where that's my kid's middle name. She's named after my godfather.
Speaker 1: He was Uncle Ace. I never once called him Madolf, but that was his name.
Speaker 7: I would imagine Osama also probably not going to make a comeback.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if it ever was a big deal here, but this Karen thing has only been around a couple of years.
Speaker 7: You just stay away from that is you just stay away because you don't want you don't want to even worry about it.
Speaker 4: But outside of like, I want to do this for my family, and I got a Karen, grandma Karen or something like that. Is have we really killed the name Karen in the last couple of years. Everyone knows why Adolph's not working right, everyone's down with that.
Speaker 1: I get it. That name needs to go away. Did we really ruin Karen in the last five years?
Speaker 2: Can you play the Karen drop and tell him question and then he'll get his answer.
Speaker 1: Maybe I haven't heard that Karen drop in a while. Oh the song you know which one?
Speaker 7: I know?
Speaker 1: You love that?
Speaker 2: It is so good. It's kind of long.
Speaker 4: Well, it's uh, it's not too bad. I don't know if he has access to us. Do you think we killed Karen?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the name, it's nobody's name of their kid.
Speaker 2: Karen.
Speaker 5: It's over the ones that are here. It's like the ones that we know are delightful and the ones that are here just make the best of it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's over.
Speaker 18: Karen.
Speaker 2: Karen, Karen, Harry, Karen, Karen.
Speaker 1: You wanted to do that?
Speaker 2: Why did you do?
Speaker 1: He's alarming but disarming. Man, are really very charming, En.
Speaker 4: I mean all Karens were babies. But there's something funny about a baby Karen. There's something super funny to me. Baby dolorous, Like, yeah, you know, the other name is Gary. You can't just have a little baby named Gary.
Speaker 2: I know you, I know you.
Speaker 1: Gary's all started out as a baby.
Speaker 4: I cannot imagine somebody's showing me their kids say say how to Gary, Like what Gary?
Speaker 1: That baby's name is what?
Speaker 12: And Garry on the kick?
Speaker 4: Come come on the kick, drump come come, that's Garry, Come come with drum Gary. I don't have a problem with Gary starting at six years old, but from gar from birth to six.
Speaker 2: It's like a little g man or something.
Speaker 1: Gary a baby and Gary does not go together him for bear.
Speaker 2: Gladys is never going to come back.
Speaker 7: Glad like everybody knew like a grandma's friend that was a Gladys.
Speaker 2: But like I will, you will never get Gladys.
Speaker 1: Phyllis. Phyllis made the list. That's close. They said Phyllis isn't coming back.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I just think Phyllis is like more modern because of the office. But that's that's also like twenty years old.
Speaker 2: Mounts Llis is a great name. I'm not knocking the name.
Speaker 1: Archibald bar Hilda Well arch Manning.
Speaker 2: Is going to be the quarterback of U T. Dude, that's hotter than ever. But his name is ar Royals, the Royals.
Speaker 1: It was Archie.
Speaker 4: It's not shortened arch but but his name is not Archibald. That's where that that's the assist of that name.
Speaker 2: I guess that's what mean. The who wants to and Harry, Meghan and Harry, they have a kid named Archibald Roy.
Speaker 1: It's a royal name. Yeah, little baby Gary. Look at little baby Gary crawling already.
Speaker 8: Gary would also be a great dog names.
Speaker 2: It would be a great dog name.
Speaker 8: I saw a dog named Gary that would just make my day.
Speaker 4: Like Gary came out of the womb and like went right to work. Gary, Henry, you can't be a baby Gary. What are you giving away? I know the show a name?
Speaker 2: Yeah, pair passes. Who's gonna name their baby rod Ryan? Name that baby Rodney.
Speaker 1: I don't think Rodney's a it's a weird baby name, Little Rodney.
Speaker 2: What the twenty nursery party going down?
Speaker 15: You got?
Speaker 2: You can't buy these passes, you have to win them.
Speaker 4: So I hope you know the show the kids all head and feet name him Rodney Houston.
Speaker 12: And the rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 4: Show Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz Welcome Back rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Let's get right in to know the show.
Speaker 4: It is a twentieth anniversary party, tickets, the concerts, the party that everyone wants to.
Speaker 1: Be at that you got to win your way. In October twelfth, Carbon Brewery, what's your question?
Speaker 2: What are companies doing instead of firing people?
Speaker 4: Seven one three two one two five If you know the show.
Speaker 12: Unlike Summer, We'll be here forever and ever and you can get us anywhere.
Speaker 1: On the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 9: The rod Ryan Show on ninety four five, Okay, ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, All American Rejects on a wild card Wednesday, nineteen fifty seven, Heat Advisory Today, Let's go La La la La.
Speaker 19: La La la la la la la la La La La La la la.
Speaker 4: La la la la la la la la La.
Speaker 19: He's an all time for you know the Show On ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Good morning, mister, uh well, hello, who's this? My name' Issey Hill. He let you in here, chill, he let you in here. I hope so I got in it right? All right, hose Well, let's see how you're doing here. It is no the show. We all know what we're playing for here, Tessa, what's your question?
Speaker 5: Hey, hoset tell me, what are companies doing instead of firing people.
Speaker 1: Laying people off? There you go?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, dude, you're intoing the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 1: Oh here hell yeah yeah. All last week I.
Speaker 16: Was trying to call and I send you anvil about it. Actually I was gambling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But as soon as you said a thirty days of kind of a looking the other way, it was on.
Speaker 10: I was calling him.
Speaker 4: Conn Congratulations dude, October twelfth, we will see you at the Carbock Brewery.
Speaker 11: I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I finally get to meet you at all of you. Oh, I can't wait. I can't wait. Jose, Okay, congratulations dude. I'm excited. I really am. I'm so excited that you're gonna be there. Hang on for me. It's still the party to be at. It's still the one that you have to win your way into.
Speaker 4: And we'll have tickets for you all week long. Okay, Jeremy's got tickets too. I saw that we gotta wrap this show up. Autumn avoided the one slam clam. She'd be Casey this morning. She's gonna go for win number three tomorrow, fresh out of bed, head to head challenge. Okay, wildcard Wednesday was a huge hit. Today it was the number one link today. She's an Olympic runner. Olympian Olympic runner. Damn okay, great job. Everybody that went out to the the home run dugout in Katie. It was so much fun last night and I really enjoyed. I posted a few pictures of people that I that had met last night, and everybody's been so kind.
Speaker 1: The same thing with the olympiskit.
Speaker 4: Everybody's really kind of taking a time to say congratulations on the twenty years being followed up with you have any tickets for the party?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm enjoying your story time being out and about Okay.
Speaker 1: Tattoo removal day. I appreciate you guys sharing your stories. Is Robbie just the first caller every day now?
Speaker 12: I hope so?
Speaker 1: Is he just the I mean, this is what we walk into now every morning.
Speaker 2: I love you, mister Rod, Good morning.
Speaker 1: Us every morning now, I guess yeah. Okay, let's see Suburbs Summer Sizzler.
Speaker 4: We're in the Sweet sixteen and Camille from Seabrook beat Jessica from Paarland. So Camille is in the Great eight Tomorrow is Brett from Alvin and Angelica from deer Park. Yes, Throwback Thursday, Read my lips sticks to gram Thursday Tomorrow on the show, there'll be a new pass to gravy up tomorrow yet film you're recording one today?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Rod Ryan Show on all socials at Rod Ryan's Show, Houston Life Testa is on at one o'clock. Jeremy has alternative income, more twentieth Anniversary passes.
Speaker 1: Okay. He lets you pick your tickets in the one o'clock hour.
Speaker 4: He said, everyone's taken the twentieth anniversary passes all right, and he'll also do the NonStop nooner, So don't go anywhere, keep your radio right here. Have an awesome day. We're on a twenty hour break a MS.
Speaker 6: Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 9: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 3: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.