Speaker 1: I should be hearing my voice. You should be hearing my voice. You should be hearing my voice, and you're right ear.
Speaker 2: That was the teaser trailer for my upcoming documentary, Psychic Agent. The Gate Program releasing soon in around two weeks on Amazon Prime and Apple TV, so be on the lookout for that. Welcome back to Raise by Giant's discussion. I'm your host, writer Lee. Welcome any moderators and channel members out there. And if you're watching on YouTube, or if you're listening on Spotify or Apple, or if you're just listening to the replay, welcome to the show. All of my social media links are in the description. Facebook, Instagram, X great ways to stay connected and find out about news, shows and guest appearances. I'm currently working with a company to get DVDs made of psycheg Indicate. Program tester for the DVD is being sent to me. Should be here in a couple of days. I think the arrival date was June first, so then when the movie releases on streaming, you will be able to purchase a DVD from me. If you don't like Amazon or Apple TV, you'll have a chance to get the physical copy, which is always good. To have a physical copy of everything nowadays, so depending on how it works out with this company, I'll also look into getting DVDs made of JFKX and a clockwork shining as well, So there's a lot to look forward to coming out. I also ordered eleven by seventeen movie posters made so I should arrive within the week. So we got a lot going on looking forward to the release. The trailer will drop the day the movie releases on streaming, so be on the lookout for that. But today we have with us. He is best known nationally as the good guy with a gun who intervened in the twenty seventeen Sutherland Springs, Texas church massacre. He is now a prominent spokesman and grassroots and industry liaison for gun owners of America, traveling the country to advocate for Second Amendment rights and community's safety. Stephen Willie Ford, Welcome to the show. Thanks for coming on.
Speaker 1: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really appreciate it. So when people call you a hero for what you did at Sutherlands in twenty and seventeen, how do you personally process that word? And as the word has the words of meaning changed for you since then.
Speaker 1: I think hero is a real strong word. I did what God asked me to do, and I truly believe that God called me and asked me to handle it, and I had God. I guess what bullets away from me at the time, I was trained for a moment. I used to shoot on a pistol team and used to compete weekly and learned how to shoot well, and even so much as one of our competitors was a former Army ranger and a Santonial police officer. Three weeks straight, he taught me how to shoot around body armor, and so I was the perfect person at that time. And I truly believe that God chose me for that moment and train me ahead of time. So when you got God on your side, it's you know, I don't want to try to take credit for what he's done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, putting on the spiritual armor and just running in it is pretty heroic in and of itself. I believe that that's what a lot of people want to believe that they would do in a situation like that, But I'm not for sure if every person would be able to actually do that, if that situation ever arise, unless they had a lot of training like you have. Now, how far or was the church because this happened in twenty seventeen, and there's been a lot of events that's happened since then. So maybe a little refresher for the audience on kind of how this transpired.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I know that you've talked about this a lot, and you've written a book about this, and you've you know, reiterated the story a lot. But how far was the church from where you lived?
Speaker 1: So from the front door of the church to the front door of my house was about one hundred yards. And I was saying, my daughter made me aware of the shootings. She could hear the sounds, and she came into my bedroom where I was where I was relaxing, and said that that might sound like gunfire. Well, my bedroom was better insulated than the rest of the house, and I thought it sounded like someone tapping on the window. And she said, come in the other part of the house. It's louder there. And when I left my bedroom, I realized, yes, it was gunfire. I didn't have shoes on. I was in I guess condition white if you will. I was relaxed, so I ran to my gun safe and I pulled out an AR fifteen, and I grabbed a handful of Demo and I ran out the door and I ran across the street. And if you see this much fat run and something desperate is going on, I don't run for fun. Too old. And people say I can't believe you didn't put shoes on. I say, you're lucky I had pants on because I knew each shot was aimed at someone I cared about deeply and meant for someone, and I didn't have time to put shoes on. He ended up As I ran across the street, I yelled out, and he heard me. And inside the church, he had just shot Julie Workman through the breast and bounced one off the concrete into her legs. She was hiding underneath the pew and her son, Chris Workman, was in the hiding underneath the pew in front of her, and he shot through the pew and hit Chris in the back, paralyzing him from the waist down. And they heard me yell when I was running across the street. And I believe that God called him out. I believe that God called the demon out because when I yelled, he dropped his rifle in the church and came out shooting at me with a pistol. And I had no explanation why he would have done that, but I do know that demons have to comply when God calls them immediately, and I believe that's what happened, is that God called out through me and called the demon out, and he dropped his rifle. He came out shooting in me with his pistol, and I ran behind a Dodge pickup truck and he hit the truck in front of me. He shattered the windshield of the car behind me, and he hit the house behind me. I was able to put one in his left chest and one in his abdomen, both of those stopped by the body armor he had on, and he ran for his vehicle. When he turned to his side, I put one between the plates and his side, and I put one high in his legs. He got into the vehicle and slammed the door. He put two shots through the side window at me, and I busted one across his forehead, right underneath the rim of the helmet. He had on a ballistic bulletproof helmet. And he decided he wanted out. He accelerated the car he turned the corner and he was fleeing as fast as he could. By the time I got in the middle of the street, he was one hundred and twenty one hundred and fifty yards away and fleeing. I put one through the back windshield. The police say that shattered the windshield and it went through the driver's side seat and it hit him right at the left shoulder blade. He topped up the hill and out of sight, and I flagged down a pickup truck that was setting at a stop sign, and we're chasting eleven point six miles And in the end, he turned the pistol up underneath the helmet and pulled the trigger and he killed himself. And I'm okay with that.
Speaker 2: How far we were? How many yards away was the vehicle when you shot the shot through the back windshield?
Speaker 1: It was about one hundred and fifty yards and fleeing.
Speaker 2: That's a really good shot. Did you know that you hit him when that happened, or was that after the fact.
Speaker 1: I had no clue. But I do know that the AR fifteen that I built, I built it for competition, and I used to compete with it, and I knew it was dead on and I knew. I kept pulling the trigger and he kept moving. And the only thing I can say is he was running on absolute adrenaline and there was no physical signs that I had hit him. But I know my gun, and it turned out I hit him all six rounds out of six I fired, and he hit the truck in front of me, shattered the windshield of the car that was behind me, hit the house behind me. I did run behind a Dodge pickup truck. I had no armor. I was barefoot. For goodness sakes. That's not cowardice, is just good sense. I didn't run from the gun fire, but I did run behind a pickup truck.
Speaker 2: Did any motives ever come out about the shooter and the reason that he did it? You know a lot of articles, you know online, try and say that it wasn't politically motivated or religiously motivated. But not religiously motivated, does it make a lot of sense to me at all, Because if you're going to shoot up a church kind of means that you have problems with religion right on a certain level, on the premise of just doing that, you would think that you would have a problem with religion, and you have to be a very deranged, mentally unstable individual to do anything like that, just from the very beginning, just from the jump, regardless if it's at a church or at a school, or really murdering or killing any innocent person is deranged in my mind right, and some would even say demonic in nature. So what was the reasoning and the mode of it behind this individual?
Speaker 1: Well, so a little background about him, and I never used his name, because first off, I don't want his name tied to mind and I cringe every time I hear that. But a little bit about his background. He was in the Air Force prior, and they put him in prison because he disassembled his infant son's puppy alive in front of his infant son to get him to quit crying. And why would the boy quit crying after that after seeing his puppy done that way? And so then he beat his infant son until he fractured his skull and put him in a coma. So the Air Force put him in prison for a year and a half. And when he got out of prison, they brought him before board to get him out of the Air Force. And he walked in before the board members and said I'm gonna go get my gun and I'm gonna kill every one of you, so terroristic threats. They put him in a mental institution, and he escaped from the mental institution and they gave him a less than honorable discharge. And the week before he came into the church, he was at their fall festival and he was using profanity and stuff and yelling and screaming that he hated Christians, and they trespassed him and told him to leap. He left, and he said, I'll be back. His mother and father in law and brother in law went to that church, and his wife's grandmother also went to that church. His mother and father in law and brother in law were not there that morning, but he did kill his wife's grandmother. So and he handcuffed his wife to the bed with two infants in the house before he left that morning.
Speaker 2: It seems like a very deranged an individual. Did he always live there? Was he born and raised there? Did you know him previously to this?
Speaker 1: No? I did not. His wife was from Sutherland Springs, but he was from a neighboring community about forty miles away, Okay.
Speaker 2: So his wife lived there in the town.
Speaker 1: His wife was raised in Southern Springs.
Speaker 2: Yes, and they lived together. So he had moved here, moved into your town.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he moved he moved into San Marcus and uh, which was where his parents lived. Okay, so he lived in the same town that his parents lived, where he grew up at. He just came to Southern Springs.
Speaker 2: Do you ever think that the media inadvertently is breeding more shooters by covering certain stories and making a national news while others are kind of you know, brushed under the rug. I mean, uh, I'm sure you're aware that a large majority of school shootings. Now know, schools are different than churches. But most school shootings are committed by the kids themselves. It's kids bringing guns to school, firing them, shooting them at other kids or other teachers, right, And we don't really get reports on that. It's only when adults come into the picture, into the school, which they normally don't have any connection to the school whatsoever. Those are the ones that kind of get the most coverage because they are the most deadly ones.
Speaker 1: And most of them the kids are out of school and they go back to the school. That's not true, you don't think so.
Speaker 2: Not true at all. No, A lot of them are kids that actually go to the school that bring a gun to the school and firing. Now I'm not saying that they always shoot someone in every single instance, but firing a gun at school or hitting someone or shooting someone is mostly done by the kid that actually attends that school. There's a percentage of them that is very very very very high.
Speaker 1: There is there is there is a percentage of them that do that. And again, just like Evaldi, though he didn't go to that school anymore, and he went back to it, the Tennessee one where the transgender she went into that school. She never she never attended that school, however, he he he, she, I don't know what to and that went to that school specifically because went to another school first and saw that there were armed security at the other school, and then went to actually the Christian school because it knew that there were no armed security there. So a lot of these are decided, you know, on the fact how much resistance they're going to get. And it's obviously it's time to get rid of gun free zones altogether. And here in Texas we have the school Marshall program and the school Guardian programs. Both of those programs allow teachers and faculty to eat to be trained to carry a gun to prevent this kind of thing from happening in their schools has to be approved by the school boards. And you know, there has not been one incident of a school that takes part in either the Guardian program or the School Marshall program that have ever been attacked before. You know, we need to get rid of gun free zones. Please go to gun owners dot org and sign up. We fight for our rights and to take our rights back. And if you're picking up junior from the school, you shouldn't be forced to leave your gun at the house when you pick him up Hillmer or her up from school. And the teachers should be able to defend their classrooms.
Speaker 2: I definitely agree with that. Do you pay attention to more incidents like this because of your involvement in the Sutherland Church.
Speaker 1: Well, it's really strange because I don't know why. You know, I was a competitive shooter, I was a farms instructor, I taught. I taught self defense classes before this ever started, before it happened in Southerland Springs, I was teaching self defense classes and I don't know why, but you know, I guess God wires some of us differently. And every time I would hear about one of these incidents and it affected me, you know. And I had in twenty seventeen, the Las Vegas shooting had just happened, just before Sutherland Springs, and I was discussing it with people that I worked with, you know, and one of them was going to a concert outdoor concert in Austin after what happened in Las Vegas. He was asking me, and I said, you can't let these things stop you from enjoying life. However, there's some things that you can do. You know. You don't have to lead the same exit that you entered into, and if something like this happens, get out as fast. Don't try to find the exit that you entered into. You know, heads up and watch things all around you and be aware of what's going on and be ready to react. And I had just told him about all that after the Vegas shooting and then Sutherland Springs happened, and why I was, I guess trained for that kind of thing. Again, I don't believe in coincidences. I believe that there's a plan everything.
Speaker 2: Have you looked more into that Vegas shooting. There's a lot of really weird and strange anomalies, Like there were people reporting shootings like gunfire and stuff like all over that Vegas area. It wasn't just happening at the concert. There were calls from people ten blocks away and hotels that believed the shooting was happening there. There's been a lot of investigation in on that. And actually spoke with a lady that was involved in that, and she was actually shot in the stomach by the shooter. And she reports, now I don't know how true this is, but she reports that when she was shot in the stomach, she literally witnessed the bully shoot back out of her. Right now, she's a legitimate victim of the shooting. She was really there. All that's verified. But she saw it go in her and then shoot back out of her. And then whenever the police showed up and all that was going on there, she had said that the police had told her at that time right now, you know, later on it was said that there was just you know, the one guy that you know, offed himself up in the hotel room. But whenever that happened, she went to the police, and the police said that they were aware of multiple shooters at that time, so, well, I don't really know the truth there. It's a very convoluted and wild story there in Vegas.
Speaker 1: Well, when something like this happens, there's rumors of a lot of stuff that happened. You know, people were saying there were multiple shooters in Sutherland Springs. There wasn't. It was just one man. So right after, directly after it happens, there's a lot of misinformation out there, and that's why you try to set back and wait until all the facts come out. After the Uvalde shooting, I did a lot of radio shows and podcasts and stuff because they wanted to know my take, and I was always, you know, let's wait and let all the facts come out before we just you know, there's a lot of rumors and stuff going on now, and it's best just to step back and wait till the facts come out before you start talking about it. I want it very badly to defend the police department and Uvalde right after the shooting. I always take the side of the police when I can, But as facts work their way out, it looked like it was an absolute failure on the value police department well, I don't always just jump to that conclusion right away, because police, for the most part are men and women that would put their lives on the line for you and they don't need to know who you are. But there are times when they fail to act correctly, and Uvalde was one of those times.
Speaker 2: What do you think it was or was uh the biggest misunderstanding about what happened at Sutherland.
Speaker 1: Well, there there was just all kinds of speculation in Sutherland Springs, you know, and you know it just it was just one guy, and and you know, until everything came out and settled down, people were trying to make it. I saw so many false reports on TV and stuff, even before my name came out. I actually after the shooting was done and I had to stay at the crash scene for four and a half hours before law enforcement would let me go home. They did let me go home that night, and when I got home and I turned on the television, they were saying that the guy had a shootout with the police and the police shot it. I guess. The first report was is that he had to shoot out with police and he committed suicide, is what they said. And then the next report said that it had to shoot out with the police, and the police shotting and then finally and I was okay with that. I didn't care if anybody knew who I was at all. I was okay if the police wanted to take credit for I didn't care. I just was in total shock. But later on that night they interviewed Johnny, and Johnny was the guy that drove the truck that I flattened down, and they interviewed him, and Johnny didn't know my name. And that's when the report came out that a neighbor was the one that engaged a shooter and took the shooter out, and they didn't know my name. And I was thought, well, you know, maybe maybe it'll go away and know no one will know who I am. And that didn't happen. They figured out who I was and the next by the next morning, when I turned on television, they had a picture of me on the television and it's a fifty five year old retired plumber, Steven Woollaford. I was like, man, they knew what I did for a living, knew that I was retired, knew that everything, you know. I couldn't believe that they got all that information. Nowadays, it's the age of information and anything you can find out about anybody.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's a big reason why people don't trust the mainstream media anymore. Right, they don't know any more than what the regular average person knows.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, they get.
Speaker 2: The reporting wrong just as easily as anybody else stuts.
Speaker 1: Oh, and the reporting was horribly wrong, horribly wrong.
Speaker 2: Which is really just insanity, because if they can get this story wrong so quickly, so fast, then how many other stories have they gotten wrong? And the problem is with that is that normally the first reporting is kind of the thing that sticks the most in people's mind, Right, whenever they hear the first report, that they might not hear the second one. They might not hear the third one, right, So then they're misinformed about that event because they didn't hear the other ones. Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I even heard rumors that he had taken hostages and stuff, and that was none of that was true. He didn't want hostages. He wanted to right, Dad.
Speaker 2: Now, whenever you chased him in the vehicle, what was the gentleman's name that you got in.
Speaker 1: The truck with, Johnny Langendorf Landorf?
Speaker 2: Now, whenever you got in the vehicle with him and started chasing him, and you got to that standoff situation. How long was it until the police arrived.
Speaker 1: By their on admission, five to seven minutes. To me, it seems like seemed like an eternity because I got out, he crashed. They said he turned the pistol up under the his helmet and shot himself. But I Hittinghi between the plates in the side, and I hit him high in the legs and a busted went across his forehead. I believe he was coughing up his own lungs, and I believe he was dying as it was. And I didn't hear the shot when he committed suicide. They said he committed suicide, so I didn't know, and I was standing there holding my rifle. He crashed through a fence and ran out in the field about fifty yards and stopped, and Johnny brought a struck up behind me where he ran off the road. And so I was standing behind the hood of Johnny's truck for another five to seven minutes before law enforcement showed up. So it took them five to seven minutes before they got there.
Speaker 2: And how did they know where you and Johnny were in where the perpetrator.
Speaker 1: Was, because as when I got in the truck with Johnny, he was already on the phone with nine one one, and they put him straight through the dispatch because we had eyes on the murder. And that was really good because they already knew I wasn't a bad guy, and I didn't know that, you know. And when they finally got there, they were about fifty yards from us, and he hit the microphone and called out on him, PA system, driver, get out of the vehicle with your hands up. And I turned and looked up the road to my left and I saw him there, and he keeped the mic again. He said it again, driver, get out of the vehicles with your hands up. And I wanted to make sure there were no mistakes, so I laid my rifle on top of the hood of Johnny's truck, and I came back to the back of the truck with my hands up and started walking slowly back to the back of the truck. And he looked at me and he made eye contact, keeped the mic and he said, not you. So he knew who I was. He knew that I had shot the shooter, and that chased him there so law enforcement AI knew where we were a little bit about what happened, and Johnny witnessed from the moment he came out of the church and starts shooting at me, and Johnny witnessed me return firing and shooting at him, him getting in the vehicle and speeding off. And again I plied Johnny down and I tapped on his window and said, that guy shot up the Baptist church and we have to stop him. And honestly, any sane America and would have just drove off and left me there at the stop sign. But this is Texas we're talking about. We're not necessarily known for sanity. Next thing I heard with the locks open up, and I crawled up in the cab with him and we chased.
Speaker 2: Now, how long were from the time that the police arrived at the standoff where the crash happened. Wasn't it until he shot himself?
Speaker 1: When they say he shot himself wall And that's why I ran off the road, so before they ever got there. But I didn't hear a shot. He ran off the road, ran through the fence, and again Johnny stopped the vehicle and I got out and I put my rifle over the out of the vehicle once again. But they believe he shot himself while we were chasing.
Speaker 2: Does that line up with what you saw? Did you see any movement? Did you see any movement in the truck whenever you had the rifle on him.
Speaker 1: I could not see through the where he was. He was parked at an angle. The back glass was shattered. Of course, it's got the bucket seats he was in and uh but and and he was kind of at a slight angle away from me. But I couldn't see into the driver side window. It was a Ford uh Ford escape and I couldn't see into it. And I couldn't see any movement. I didn't know. And I was yelling get out of the get out of the car, Get out of the car, Get out of the car, and some rude obscenities with that, And I hope I don't forgive me for the language that I used, but I was a little bit angry. I'd never been shot at before.
Speaker 2: So you didn't see any movement. They said that he shot himself while he was fleean while he was being chased by you guys, and that's why he crashed the vehicle. So when the police showed up, they told him to get out of the car, to get out of the vehicle. He didn't get out of the vehicle. So did they approach the vehicle and open the door and find out that he had shot him?
Speaker 1: So I was fifty yards away from them, and I didn't know what was going on, and I sit there for forty five minutes waiting for them to approach the vehicle, thinking they would at least come relieve me or whatever. And finally I decided to run back to the police line, and they started yelling no, no, no, no, wait there, We'll bring up a police cruiser. They brought up a police car so I could get down beside it and walk back to the police line. And then I found out later what happened. They didn't want to approach the vehicle because they didn't know whether he was live or dead or anything. And one of the police officers had two weeks prior to that, had gotten a drone for his birthday with a camera, and he thought, I want to run the house and get the drone, and they let him go to get the drone to bring a drone back so they could fly the drone over to the vehicle and look inside the vehicle without risking an officer, which was just good sense. They flew a drone over there and looked and figured out that he had he had killed himself before they approached the car.
Speaker 2: That makes sense, that would be the smart thing to do, because I was just curious if because if you couldn't see that he was dead, then how could they see that he was dead? And how would they approach the vehicle not knowing if he's dead or alive? Right, that would be a dangerous situation approaching the vehicle knowing that the shooter is inside of the vehicle, and you know, you just wouldn't want to approach her, right that for your safety? Right?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? Absolutely? I applaud. I didn't know what was going on at the time, and I was thinking of waiting for him to bleed to death. Why aren't they going up there? And you know what are they waiting for? Well, I didn't know the full story, and they were waiting for a drone so that they could fly it over risk a drone other than a man, you know, And that's just good sense.
Speaker 2: And how long did that last? Well, I mean to go get a drone to fly the drone like forty five minutes to an hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was there standing at Johnny's truck anywhere from thirty to forty five minutes before I ran back to the to the police line, and shortly after they flew the d and I wasn't even focused on what was going on down there, but they flew the drone. Over All I was worried about at that time. I could look up the road and about two hundred yards up the road, fire department had set up a roadblock, and I could see my wife's car down there, and there's no one in this world I wanted to speak to more than my wife. I've been married now for almost thirty eight years, and that was nine years ago. But you know, I really didn't care what the rest of the world thought. I wanted to speak to my Wifeus was that. And a police officer walked by and I said, excuse me, can I call my wife? And he said, yeah, sure, go ahead, I said, and he kept walking. I said, no, I don't have a phone. He said, you don't have a phone. I said, I don't have my shoes.
Speaker 2: The phone is the.
Speaker 1: Thing I was concerned with. I needed my rifle I didn't need my phone. I didn't need my shoes, and so he walked back and he gave me his phone and I called my wife and there was a moment, you know, I needed something from my wife. And she answered the phone and I said, I said, Pam, I'm I'm okay. She said, I could see you were walking around down there, so I know you're not injured. But are you really okay? And I said, I think I I killed a man. And she said, you did what you had to do, and I said, but it doesn't make it hurt less. And she replied, you did what you had to do, and I'm proud of you. That's what I needed from her. Really didn't care what anyone else thought. I cared what my wife thought, and that was it. And when she said I'm proud of you, I knew I was going to get through it. Even if I had to go to jail that day, I was going to get through it. And I honestly thought that I would go to jail, and I figured that they would look at all the evidence and I would be exonerated. I would be free again. But I thought I was going to jail. Turned out I never did go to jail at all.
Speaker 2: An incredible thing that you did, you know, and your wife telling you that is just a confirmation because you obviously didn't know that you weren't the one that had delivered that final blow to him, that it was himself. So I'm sure that your mind was just completely all over the place, like all of the different possibilities that could potentially come up out of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just have no idea. And and it was. It was right after the Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman case too, And what happened is they didn't arrest George Zimmerman, and Trayvon Martin died and there was a big thing about that you should have arrested him and then figured out whether he was in innocent or guilty later. And so there was that fresh on my mind, thinking that they're gonna arrest me and they didn't, And I'm glad of that. It's Texas and we have a different attitude about those that will defend themselves and others, and that's great. I used an AR fifteen and some states that would have been horrible. You know, there were all kinds of reasons that you know, other states might have looked down on what I did.
Speaker 2: Definitely, California, Holy crap, California, you would already have been arrested. They just passed that law where someone can break in your home and a few shoot them, then you're liable for it. Insanity. California is insanity.
Speaker 1: Well in California and a lot of states, that last shot that I took is he was fleeing. I took through the back windshield. A lot of states that would have said he was fleeing, you were no longer in danger. That shot was illegal. However, in the state of Texas, he was still a danger to someone. He still had guns, he still was leaving, and I had no idea what kind of condition he was in. He was still a danger if absolutely nothing else, he was going to have a shootout with police in my mind, and so that last shot in Texas was justified. Other states not so much. Please go to gun owners dot org, sign up and be part of that solution. We should be all to defend our communities and ourselves and everyone around us, and we should be able to do it with an AR fifteen or whatever we choose. There's more good guys out there than there are bad guys, and laws only apply to good guys. Bad guys ignore them, and that's why they're called criminals.
Speaker 2: Do you still live in the same residence that you lived in in twenty seventeen?
Speaker 1: No, Actually I built So I grew up on a dairy and I owned two hundred acres of land that was part of that dairy. And ultimately my end goal was to build on my property. And my house was already paid off, and I was already, you know, looking at selling that house to build on my property. And so I was able to do that. I sold the other home and look, I have a man cave in this house. I didn't have my man cave in the other house. And this was ultimately my goal.
Speaker 2: So what happened to the church? Is the church still standing? Do they still have church services there? No?
Speaker 1: They North American Missions helped fund a brand new church building and the old building that was over one hundred years old was falling apart anyway, and they built a brand new building and they ended up tearing down the old church because it was actually a danger. Some of the beams up in the in the ceiling were collapsing and the old it would blow fuses. It had fuses instead of breakers, so the electricity would blow fuses and stuff, and it was just a hazard. So they chose to tear down the old building and everything's moved into a brand new, big, beautiful facility and they still home worship and stuff. They're on the same property, but the old building has gone and now there's a historical marker in its place.
Speaker 2: So they tore down the old church and replaced it with a new one on the same property. Yes, okay, well, I want to go a little bit more modern here with you know, today's times, because it kind of seems like mass shooters aren't in fashion. It seems like assassinations an assassination attempts are the new thing. But it's not really the new thing. It's actually the old thing.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It seems like we're kind of wrapping back around to the sixties and the seventies right when it comes to political assassinations and political assassination attempts. And I feel like this kind of started again around twenty twenty four with the Luigi case with you know, him being accused of killing the gentleman in Manhattan named Brian Thompson, and which he pleaded not guilty to that murder and other court charges. The case is still ongoing as expected to go to trial in September of this year, I believe. And then we had the attempted assassination of Grump and Butler, which absolutely no investigation was carried out on that, which was super odd, not even a press conference after the fact. And then we get the Charlie Kirk assassination, which is a cluster of a bunch of things that don't make any sense. Then we have the most recent attempts at the White House correspondence dinner and the one here recently actually at the White House. But before we get into those, do you have any comments on the ones that I just mentioned.
Speaker 1: This country is so divided, and it's terrible that we're so divided, and the rhetoric is what's causing crazy people to act on things that they should never be and again, the rhetoric that is being put out there, we have to get back to civility, and we have to get back to agreeing to disagree and not thinking the other side is evil when we disagree, and not putting it out there as evil, because if everybody believes there's evil around every corner, that everyone. If you disagree with me in the slightest you must have evil attempt intent, and that's not necessarily the case. You know, we all would love to have a safe place for our children to go to church and for our children to go to school. We'd like to have safe streets. How we go about it are separate reasons or separate things. You know, they want to ban all guns from the hands of law abiding citizens, and they said, if we take your guns away, then criminals will have guns. Well, that's ridiculous. Criminals are going to get guns no matter what, even in England when and in France, where guns are totally illegal, they came in with full automatic AK forty seven's in France and nobody could stop them, and they went in and they killed the cartoonists. You know, that's thinking that criminals are just going to comply with all the gun laws that they want to put out there. That's not the case and that's not going to happen. And they think I'm evil because I have an AR fifteen and that's just not the case. I used my AR fifteen to defend my community. And they say, over a million times a year someone defends their own life or someone else's with a gun. But you don't hear about all of those cases. It's only when somebody uses a gun for inappropriate purposes that you hear about it.
Speaker 2: Well, we got Canada right now trying to do a gun buy back program.
Speaker 1: Are you aware of that? Oh, that's just ridiculous. First off, and buy back they never owned them. You can't buy it back if you never owned them. And what if I don't want to sell, it's not a buy back, it's a force and you're going to give me a little bit of what it's worth a little bit, but not all all of what it's worth. And even if I don't want to sell it, you know, not yours. I bought it because I wanted it, not your business and not your right to buy it. To force me to give up anything to defend my life, my wife, it's my family, my neighbors, and even my country. Second Amendment was made to defend this nation against a tyrannical government. And when you're trying to force me to take to sacrifice my guns to give them in, you're starting to look like a tyrannical government.
Speaker 2: That is definitely what it seems like in a lot of cases. But I find the Canada thing very alarming because I guess they're talking about possibly if they're aware that you have guns and you don't turn them in, and then what happens when this period is over, They going to literally come to your house and force you to get rid of your guns. I mean, and I think that that has been what people have been talking about in the unit United States for a long time now, is that it could possibly get to that point.
Speaker 1: And so they say they don't want gun violence, but they're going to send violent men with guns to come take my guns. Does that make any sense for you?
Speaker 2: Not at all? Not one, not one little bit.
Speaker 1: And and the people that are pushing this aren't the ones that are going to go enforce it. They're not the ones that are going to go door to door and maybe get shot for trying to pick up guns illegally. And right now it looks like Canada's got some issues. Alberta is about to walk away. They don't want any of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know how that that thing ends, because I think it's like, what is it like a six month period or whatever that they have to turn in their guns, and once that six month period ends. Nobody really knows what happens after.
Speaker 1: That, and no one's turning their guns in or very very few. Look at what happened in Bondi Beach, Australia. Can you imagine that happening in Texas on a beach where two guys just start murdering people. You don't think there'd be a Texan there with a gun that would stop it. And then on Bondi Beach, even the police were sitting there waiting and one policewoman raised her hands to surrender. You think they wanted her to surrender. She wasn't surrendering. They kind of killer. There is no surrender when it's crazy people like that.
Speaker 2: The Canada thing is by October thirtieth, twenty twenty six, the declaration like this is what it's saying is that it's like this mandatory period and if they all aren't turned in the designated firearms that the government once turned in. According to this is that by October thirtieth, twenty twenty six, if they're not turned in, then they can be criminally prosecuted. According to this, I don't know.
Speaker 1: And they want the neighbors to tell on each other and snitch on each other and whatever. You know, that's so totally government overreach. And even if you turned in yours that you signed for yourself, there's so many guns that come across their border. There's no way they can know, no way they can know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that China has a really strong foothold in Canada. China owns a lot of property in.
Speaker 1: Canada, that's a fact. Yeah, when we start, when we start closing down our southern border, apparently the pentanole from China start started coming across the Canadian border.
Speaker 2: M Yeah, that's unbelievable. That's uh. But I guess strategically for China that would be the best way to do it. A lot more travel involved, but the Canadian border is not as nearly guarded as the southern border.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Please gun owners dot or org sign up fight for your rights so that we don't end up like Canada or Australia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a really bad one too. I think maybe the UK as well. I'm not too sure on the laws in the UK, but I think it's kind of somewhere.
Speaker 1: You know. Ronald Reagan said it best when he said freedom is no more than a generation away from a distinction. It wasn't passed down through the bloodline, but it must be fought for and protected and handed down for the next generation to do the same. And then he said, I don't want to spend my twilight years explaining to my grandchildren what it was like living in a free nation. You have to be out there, you have to be active, you have to be fighting for this free nation to hand it down to your kids and your grandkids. And that's what Gioa is doing now.
Speaker 2: Yes, Canada is private. Citizens can only possess firearms for sport, hunting and occupational use. Handguns, semi automatic, these fire rifles are strictly prohibited. But shotguns and rifles, I guess.
Speaker 1: And the government any of it. What was that the government can have any of it? Yeah, they can have what they want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's unbelievable. We're living in super strange times. But thanks so much for coming on. From my understanding, you wrote a book. Where can people We'll purchase or read your book.
Speaker 1: You can go find my book in Amazon. A town called Sutherland Springs. Please purchase my book. It's again, it's a town called Sutherland Springs. And if you like it, give me a thumbs up, give me a review on it on Amazon. If you don't like it, ignore that. No, hey, go to Amazon, buy the book and give me a review.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for your time here today. Steven really appreciate it. If you're interested in purchasing his book, the link will be in the description of this video. For everyone else, thanks for watching and listening. Please be sure to hit the thumbs up button, op the channel and the algorithm, share subscribe, hit the bell icon as well for notifications, and we'll see you guys next time.
Speaker 1: Bye bye,