Speaker 1: When you turn on your work computer, turn us off love listening all day fifty five KRC to work with the Tay stories while.
Speaker 2: Do you work?
Speaker 1: Hey AATO five Right now at fifty five dr SE Detalk Station Abbay Friday, bottom of the hour, we get to hear from my heart mety aviation expert Jay Ralf in the meantime, Welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Probably representing the second District Congressman David Taylor, It's great to have you on the program. Congressman, welcome back.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Brian, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: It's too bad we don't have anything to talk about.
Speaker 2: What will we do?
Speaker 1: This is a question of where we start. Well, let us first first observe it, isn't it interesting? With no change in legislation, With no new bills or laws enacted, the border went from wide open with approximately ten to twenty million people flowing in over four years under the Biden administration, to magically shut down practically completely. I saw an article this morning apparently there were no illegal entries into the country at our southern border in the last month, which sounds remarkable, But all it took was a change of administration and change of policies with no action from Congress. But we're left with the aftermath, and of course that leads us to the protest going on in LA and elsewhere. ICE is just doing its job, right, Congressman, It's a federal law. They're merely there to enforce the federal law.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I don't think anybody thought that this problem wud be easy to solve. This intentionally created problem by the last administration would be easy to solve. And then when you add in the Democratic officials in Los Angeles and California at large working against it, it creates a terrible situation. They should be cooperating and helping our federal agents. Instead they're doing everything they can to exacerbate the problem. You know, it's happened. You know, it's been going on since I got sworn into office. That Democrats have said they're going to resist, and they're going to resist in the streets, and and that's exactly what we're seeing now and in a lot of places, not just La Seattle, New York, lots of places in Chicago as well.
Speaker 1: And you know, the the the interesting thing is is the the the the the left politicians Gavin newsom or Maribas or uh you know up in in Chicago. Flip the narrative on its head. ICE is allowed to enter your neighborhood. They are there to round up and right now the mostly criminal elements in the among the illegal community. So they're allowed to do that. And when you stand in the way of them execusing their lawful function and entering places where these folks can be found and are found and throw rocks at them and and assault them, that's when the National Guard gets called up. It isn't the National Guard showing up first, followed by a team of ICE agents. You and you invite the National Guard because of your your anti ICE enforcement behavior. But then they try to say, oh my god, you know the Marines have shown up, maybe because Donald Trump, evil man or whatever. End of democracy. I mean, they throw these these terms and connections together, but they don't follow the order of reality. If you don't resist, they don't show up.
Speaker 2: Right. Well, you saw Aaron Bath prevents the Los Angeles Police Department from from doing their job. When even when ICE agents were being assaulted and needed help or pinned down in a building, uh, they she had the LA police standing down. And then when President Trump sends in the National Guard to assist UH. Governor Newsom goes to the courts to try to rest control of the National Guard back from the form the president, so they can't help either. So it's very clear that the problem that was created in the last administration was very intentional. They worked very hard to spend a lot of political out to give you all of these illegals here, and they're going to they're proven, they'll go to the mat to keep them here. So that's what that's what we're our ice officials and border patrol officials are now dealing with. Well.
Speaker 1: I mean, given that Obama deported a whole ton of illegal immigrants, I think this is illustrative of the house of cards that California is. They've lost a lot of their population, many of the wealthiest of them, because of how poorly run the state is UH and the failure of the priorities of the California government writ large. They need to replace the population with somebody, and this was a convenient way of doing it, and that's why I think they're fighting so hard to keep the illegal population from being deported.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right. They're slated blue seats in the next census. They know that along with the Illinois and New York And now now you see where they're fighting to keep the illegal aliens, you know, on the rolls there where they could be counted even though they're not citizens. They'll be counted in the and they'll get representation. Like as it's happening now, are many of the state seats in Congress are actually representing non.
Speaker 1: Citizens well, and as cash Battel revealed, apparently many of them may very well be voting with fake IDs created by the Chinese Communist Party. I'm not sure if you're aware of that development of the recent revelations from cash Bettel about what happened back in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did see that. And you know, they've been giving illegal aliens driver's licenses in these states for a long time too, and with your driver's license they auto register you to vote in many places. So I'm sure quite a few of them have been voting in those states.
Speaker 1: Most notably with mail in ballots. Amazing how when you talk about this is how this all sort of lines up. Some people are suggesting it's a conspiracy theory about the twenty twenty election being stolen. I don't know. I've never been on board with that. But the more and more of this information comes out, the more I'm I'm lining up with the folks who think that the election was stolen in favor of Joe Biden. Anyway, So moving on to the the the the violence inherent in the system. Again, this is something the left rallies against and claims are not responsible for. I don't see a whole lot of conservative, right leaning individuals committing acts of violence against anybody. This is this this genda message that came during the Biden administration, and somehow the entire world was filled with a bunch of right wing nazi activists. When every act of violence is committed by the likes of Antifi, the Black Lives Member, Black Lives Matter, Marxists, UH and so forth, the people who try to assassinate Donald Trump. There seems to be a pattern here, and it's not what the left wants us to believe.
Speaker 2: No, you're right, Brian, And there's a lot of frustration, I'm sure on the on the on the left with having lost the House and or not get gotten the House, lost the White House and not having the Senate, and we've seen it from every one of the what passes for Democrat leadership and their calls for action with fighting in the streets here, from Kamala Harris, Chuck Schumer to the King, Jeffries, the mayor of Chicago, you name it, they all called for action in the streets. And for all the rhetoric at def that Democrats are currently ineffectual, apparently that call is being heard.
Speaker 1: Well, it seems to be for lack of messaging. They would have to call for action in the streets if they had a message that they projected that people would embrace, like, Oh, that's a great policy. I would like to vote for you because you've offered some solutions to some of the problems. They've gone so far to the farthest left of the of the party, the elean Omar and AOC wing of the party that none of the more sensible Democrats. I mean, isn't it an odd situation, Congressman, when Letterman turns out to be one of the more reasonable people in the Democrat Party.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you know, like just like you said, there there's no eighty twenty issue. They don't want to jump on the twenty percent uh side of And I think there when you when you chase the friend, you're you're going to disaffect the more moderate Democrats. And I've said that several places. This is a this is a prime time to to with, you know, with with open arms talk to some of these these the Democrat voters that I mean, I have friends and relatives who are Democrat voters. And now at the time they say, look, these people are not representing your views. Maybe you should consider your your your continuing support of them, if that's if they're going to continue to chase the very edge of the left.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know what I have to observe, and you don't necessarily need to be put in the spot of having a comp comment on this. I think the Republican Party ultimately benefited from the Supreme Court decision saying abortion is a state issue, a decision that I agree with. I mean, the abortion is not mentioned in the in the United States Constitution. It seems to me something covered by the Tenth Amendment and always should have been.
Speaker 2: But we had Roe v.
Speaker 1: Wade, and it started this political you know, for for decades, this division among federal politicians. Now that that is no longer the subject matter of Congress or the Senate, the House representats of the Senate. It's free the Republican Party on a federal level of having to to take sides on that very divisive issue. And whether you like it or not, a majority of people were in favor of women having a choice on it. So you're able to, i think, effectively siphon off a lot of people who would vote on that one issue over the Republican side, which is one of you know, greater freedoms and hopefully fiscal responsibility. Will see how the budget turns out, but you know, the more the great idea is that the Republican Party always had.
Speaker 2: So I agree, and I agree that the concept there's no basis for the federal government to be dealing with with abortion. There's no basis for it. And the tenth Amendment requires that if there's no basis in the Constitution for the station aimless. So that's rightly where it is. Let's pause.
Speaker 1: Let's pause. We'll bring Congressman David Taylor back. We'll talk about the current budget process and also some of the recent bills, like, for example, his Water Resources Technical Assistance Review Act. You're gonna have to explain that when we're listening on audience, Congressman Taylor, be right back after a quick word here for Gate of Heaven Cemetery. Uh, you know, quiet contemplation and reflection. Gatehevan Cemetery is really beautiful. Uh. And you know it's with with the weather. It's a little human of course, but you know, just being a nice that the flowers and the landscaping and the beauty generally speaking of Gate of Heaven, it is a welcoming environment and a great place to remember your loved ones. You might want to consider your options there for the afterlife, and you might want to consider a place for prayer and reflection and maybe a little meditation. And you're in the best possible place, a Gate of Heaven. Gate of Heaven a sacred place for sacred people in honoring life in this gorgeous environment. To learn more, head on over to the website Gateofheaven dot org. That's gateof Heaven dot org. Fifty five krc A nineteen. If you have KRCD talk stay. Sharon bryn Thomas with representative of David Taylor. Congressman Taylor's here represent of the second District of Ohio, and we have this reconciliation process that's going on, and I'll be honest with you, sir, I don't think it cuts nearly enough out of spending to the extent that we are engaging in even greater spending, to me is a non starter. I know I'm alone in that, at least the Congressman Massey and I are alone in our corners with that philosophy. But it's over on the Senate side now, and they made some proposals, one of which was kicking that forty thousand dollars salt increase down to back to ten and leaving it where it is, which I embrace completely. Where are you in terms of what the Senate has done? And are you satisfied? And would you embrace what the Senates changed? Where are you in the process?
Speaker 2: Congressman Yeah, Bryan, By and large, I'm in agreement with what the Senate's doing. I agree that there's room for a lot more cuts. I do land on the on the side of thinking this is a good step forward. This won't be the last crack at reconciliation we get, and I think this one will in the end. Nomb says one point four trillion dollars will be produced from the depths that over ten years, which is you know, in star contrast to the CBO scoring. But we both know what the CBO scoring is usually looks like. But I'm fine with the salt cap being dropped from forty to ten. It's going to be a contentious issue in the House with we have the narrow majority, and we have represented us from California and New York, and there's places that are out and about that, but they've we hit Senator Marino and I had sponsored a bill about car interesting deductible on your income taxes, and that's part of the end up being part of the big beautiful bill. Now, one change that the Senate made there was to instead of making it applicable to all vehicles, is only applicable to new vehicles. I'd rather see that stay applicable to both. They increase the senior tax deduction. We were talking about no tax on tips, no tax on overtime, no tax on social security. Although sound good, but because of the Bird rule, I don't think it could be possible to do no tax on social Security. But the House passed. The House version had a four thousand dollars credit for seniors. The Senate version looks like we've come back at around six thousand, which I'm fine, fine with. One thing that does bother me a little bit in the Senate side, on the wind and solar subsidies, they're supposed to end those Green New Deal subsidies for those two sort of, at least in my district, not very welcome forms of renewable energy. But right we had a sixty day enactment of that in the House version and the Senate of a two year phase out. I'll have a significant problem with that, but by and large I'm pleased with it. Or they drop the endowment attacks on these universities that have the multi billion dollar endownments from twenty one percent down to eight. I mean, obviously that remains to be negotiated, but by and large, I think they're a couple a little deeper in spots and they're loosing it up in other spots, and that's kind of what we expected. It's going to be a little give and take, fair enough.
Speaker 1: And Congress, I got to ask you because I am outright against the notion that any president, this one or any other president has the right to start declaring war on other countries absent and approval from the Congress, then if it is an authorization use of military force was the constitutional purist in me says, isn't a concept.
Speaker 2: But where are you?
Speaker 1: I mean, it looks like Donald Trump's getting ready to drop Chris Christy on that that that that facility over there in order to blow it up and stop the centrifuges from their work. Your position on where we are generally relative to the Israel Iranian conflict.
Speaker 2: Well, the first question. First, I agree with you that you know, we've we've wandered far afield from pauling the Constitution as having Congress approved UH any war activity now and we've got the other authorizations you've talked about in multiple areas. On the other hand, Israel's a tremendous ally. I ran as an enemy of basically everybody in that region. But I really am against, you know, putting our troops into that battle. We've Israel never asked us to do that. We've never done that for Israel. We exchange UH terry technology. You know, they were a vital piece of the development of the F thirty five, the Israelis were, so they're a vital ally. We have to support them. But I don't want our servicemen and women in harms way and Iran. That's not our conflict unless the Congress votes to say it is fair enough.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you and I see idiye on that one. Congressman Taylor, real pleasure having on the program as it always is. Or are you doing a great job for your constituents? And I'll look forward to having further conversations down the road with you, and you're always welcome here on the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Thank you, Brian, have a great day. Thanks brother, you do as well. A twenty five right now coming up. I heard me the aviation expert Jay Rat. I've got some great topics talk about with Jay. I sure hope you can stick around fifty five KRC