Speaker 1: Baby, you're a gangstera too.
Speaker 2: It takes a lot of tangle.
Speaker 1: You don't mess with me. Mess with me, baby, I'm a gangster.
Speaker 2: Touch baby, you're.
Speaker 3: A gamestera too.
Speaker 1: For the warning, this podcast is designed to take you outside of your comfort zone and make you question reality.
Speaker 2: Listener Discretion is a vibe.
Speaker 3: Talk with me, fellas, this ain't my first time at the rodeos.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, everyone, welcome back to another episode of Cosmic Beach Podcast Tonight. It is the month when break Down Shakedown and I didn't plan this, but it's Colby yet again.
Speaker 1: We're having back to back Colby. So what's that Colby hip?
Speaker 3: Back to back? All right, that's a special I'm doing. All right, it's a early afternoon where I'm at. So my drink is an acceptable daytime drink. I'm ready to go.
Speaker 1: What are you drinking over there?
Speaker 3: It's a mangmosa, A mangmosa, mangmosa.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'm just gonna guess it's mango juice and champagne or wine or something, ding.
Speaker 3: Ding ding Yeah, and I got the thick mango pirae so it's kind of like ect.
Speaker 1: How fitting for our episode?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right. So I'm having wood freud reserve meat and I'm chasing it with this new thing I discovered. It's called Ollipop, and it's classic Rutier flavor. But get this shit, Colby. It's thirty five calories. It literally it's water, but it tastes just like freakin' rut beer. And it says, our old fashioned rupier melds just the right mix of classic bite and creamy sweetness with extracts of sweet birch, smooth vanilla bean, and real birdock root. This is water, mind you. It doesn't say so. It says thirty five calories zero on everything. And it says total sugar's two grams, which isn't.
Speaker 3: Too bad, Oh, not at all. And I see it's got probiotics and plant fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it has probiotics and mechanical yep. It says a new kind of soda. I'm not shitting you. This tastes just like barks, And really I don't feel guilty drinking it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, soda is horrible for you. I drink it in high school and I played sports and I'd be really thirsty and I'd go slam them out and do and then wonder if I was having like heart palpitations at night.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that is so hilarious. I used to drink I well, I'm a Coca Cola kind of person, but I used to drink Cokes all the time, and it's really just sugar with bubbles. So I cut that out. But it's cool to be able to like drink this with alcohol because they totally cancel each other out right. I got my free biotics and my straight whiskey.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: But you know, Kolby, there's there's been like something strange going on in my neighborhood, and I was wondering if you knew anyone I could call.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would call Melissa McCarthy, Kate McKinnon. I hear there. They're the new boss bitches in town. They are the feminized ghost Busters, Galsbusters. I hope we don't even talk about that movie, aside from the little slame joke I just made because I got like halfway through that and then I broke it over my knee and ended up paying thirteen dollars to red Box. I thought it was totally worth it to shatter that thing, So no one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hated that one. But we are talking about the classic nineteen eighty four Ghostbusters for our breakdown Shakedown.
Speaker 5: Ghosts.
Speaker 1: Hello, Ghostbusters, they're real. You do.
Speaker 5: You have? They're here? Ghostbusters?
Speaker 3: Hey, I see a glass.
Speaker 5: They catch the ghost that woes stay dead. They're armed, They're dangerous.
Speaker 1: Try to imagine all life as you know.
Speaker 6: It's stopping instantaneously and every mincle in your body exploding at the speed of light.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: That's bad, Okay, our important safety tip.
Speaker 1: Thanks Eger.
Speaker 5: They are professionals.
Speaker 6: I'm the chairman of the largest paranormal removal company in America.
Speaker 5: They're all that stands between you and the end of the world.
Speaker 7: The city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportion.
Speaker 8: Real wrath of God type stuff, fire and brimstone coming.
Speaker 7: Down from the sky, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, Massistaria.
Speaker 8: Your girlfriend lives in the corner penthouse of Spooks Central.
Speaker 2: You want this body?
Speaker 3: Is this a trick question?
Speaker 5: Stick?
Speaker 9: Oh, smoke, make him hard?
Speaker 5: Ghostbusters starring Bill Murray, Dana Lloyd, Sigourney Weaver had a ramis. Rick moranis coming to save the world. Ghostbusters.
Speaker 1: I'm really excited about this. We're going to be actually talking about Ghostbusters one and two, and I have a surprise for you.
Speaker 3: Chloby got and let me.
Speaker 1: I'm pulling it up right now. Okay, here we go. I want to do this in the beginning because I do not want you to have any help. Is it a quiz, It's a quiz of sorts. Yes, we're going to play Ghostbusters Jeopardy to start off our episode.
Speaker 3: All right, and now this.
Speaker 1: Is just for part one.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, your I'm team one and your team No, you your team one and I'm team two. Okay, so what is your first category?
Speaker 3: I'll take quotes for three hundred.
Speaker 1: Quotes for three Lewis Tully, even though you do your own taxes? Finish the quote?
Speaker 3: What is even though you really shouldn't.
Speaker 1: I can't believe you remembered.
Speaker 3: I watched it two nights ago and I love in this movie.
Speaker 1: I'm going to answer it as well. Could we play the same questions or no? No, I'll just let you have this because I think it's like you do your own taxes, which I highly recommend you don't, or something like that. Let's see, let's see which you shouldn't do?
Speaker 3: You know? Yeah, I was half right. Because I didn't say do you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're getting a point.
Speaker 3: You're very lenient, thank you, mm hm, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'm gonna do the technology for four hundred. What does Egon advise the other Ghostbusters to not do to the trap? Let me read that again. What does Egon advise the other Ghostbusters to not do to the trap? To the trap? Don't look inside of it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I agree, but I think they asked it wrong because it's Ray that says it, and Egon says, oh, I looked in the trap, right this question.
Speaker 1: It's not to look in the trap though, Yeah, but it's okay. Can you hear that don't look directly into the trap?
Speaker 3: Well, this is see we're already correcting the game because I guarantee you that's Ray that says that.
Speaker 1: I I promise you it is. And he's like, oh shit, I looked into the trap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's making this real like crazy ass face.
Speaker 1: Okay, what is your next category?
Speaker 3: Let's do cast for three hundred this one, yeah, or supporting cast?
Speaker 1: I guess Okay, what is the name of the actress who played Lewis Tully's dance partner at the party at his apartment. If you know this, I'm gonna freak the fuck out.
Speaker 3: But you know what's funny is I listened to a podcast yesterday and the guy actually said it. But I have no fucking idea, no memory.
Speaker 1: I had never seen that actress before that movie and never again.
Speaker 3: Since she's probably a supermodelism, I guess she's something.
Speaker 1: Are you taking an L on this one or you wanna guess?
Speaker 3: Okay, I gotta take the L. I mean, I'm sure if I guess it's like Suzanne Jones or something and I'm wrong, I get the loss anyway. So Suzanne Jones, why not?
Speaker 1: Okay? Jeane Kasey, Shit.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that because that's Casey Caysem's wife. And he's also in the movie.
Speaker 1: Oh well yeah, because he does the radio intro thing and he's like the Boys in Blues Look Get Out Pesky Poltergeist. Yeah, and then.
Speaker 3: Larry King all right after him, before he was even on TV. He was strictly radio back then, King smoking a stig. Hopefully that's not a question.
Speaker 1: I'm going to do the ghost for five hundred. The ghosts in the Library performed what type of book stacking vertical so easy. Oh, no, symmetrical, I lost so much for my memory? Are metrical book stacking?
Speaker 3: Shouldn't you have minus three hundred on the last one for me?
Speaker 1: No, it's just zero. This is cosmic peach.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll play by yearrules. I was just curious, okay.
Speaker 1: Because if we get it wrong, we get zero points and our score stays the same. If we get it right, we get extra points.
Speaker 3: Perfect, so I'm.
Speaker 1: Not subtracting anybody's points.
Speaker 3: In the movie, during that symmetrical bookstacking scene, Ray says, it's like the mass, the Philadelphia mass turbulence of nineteen forty seven, And I wrote to look into that because I wanted to see if that was a real thing. I'm sure it is. But anyway, little side.
Speaker 1: Note, that's interesting. What's your category?
Speaker 3: Let's do the men for five hundred.
Speaker 1: Okay, what degree or degrees does Peter Vankman hold? What's the fuck question is this?
Speaker 3: He holds two degrees. He holds a degree in parapsychology and psychology.
Speaker 2: That's hard.
Speaker 1: Let's see if you're right, you get five hundred points.
Speaker 3: Do you remember that scene when the Walter Peck character asked, where are you a doctor of He said, what kind of doctor are psychology? And psychology? I said it in the reverse order. But oh, well, that's.
Speaker 1: Awesome that you remember that. Okay, the quotes for five hundred let me see, Okay, Peter Rnkman, Alice, I'm going to ask you a couple of standard questions. Okay, have you or any of your family ever been diagnosed schizophrenic or middlely incompetent? And she says, my uncle thought he was Saint Jerome, nice, perfect, And then he's like, I call that a yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I say that's a big yes. Oh you said, you said it right? Okay, this is fun. I like it because these are there's no quote too small or fact too small? And Ghostbusters right supper Casey Case's fucking wife, which I should remember.
Speaker 1: All right, So you're eight hundred and I'm nine hundred, so we're going.
Speaker 3: To to neck baby WHOA.
Speaker 1: All right, what's your category?
Speaker 3: Let's do the ghosts for four hundred, goes.
Speaker 1: For four hundred. Okay, what was the ultimate form of the destructor.
Speaker 3: The ultimate form?
Speaker 1: I guess the ultimate.
Speaker 3: I guess I'm gonna have to say it was the stay puffedmmersal Man.
Speaker 1: Because is that your final answer?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because okay, here we go. Yeah, all right, four hundred points Team one. I need to catch up. Okay, let's see. I should do the technology for five. I don't know. That's risky, that's risky. M I'm gonna go for it. Oh easy. What happens when you cross the streams? Total protonic reversal? Am I close?
Speaker 3: No matter what answer they give, because.
Speaker 1: Yeah, total some protonic nucleo reversal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, either one work? Oh I would he didn't? You got you said more than that, so i'd broton.
Speaker 1: Ya I'm winning. Okay, what's your category?
Speaker 3: Hm hmmm. Let's do the men for four hundred?
Speaker 1: The Men for four hundred? Okay, what did Peter stop Egon from doing? That? He was sure would work if Egon hadn't been stopped? Oh, this is easy.
Speaker 3: What is Deulian? A hole in his own head?
Speaker 1: Ab so fucking lutely troll through his own head?
Speaker 3: Have you seen the movie Pie?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: You know who Darren Aronofsky is Requien?
Speaker 1: Oh I do know that movie. Yeah?
Speaker 3: In his movie before that was a sixteen millimeters black and white experimental cerebral journey called pie p I no spoilers, but it has something to do with that. You should watch it. Mm hmm pretty fascinating. I think you dig it. I was just listening to you and Davey talk about skin and myrank, and if you like that, you would probably definitely like pie.
Speaker 1: I just like things that are unusual.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 1: So it's my turn, right, I'm gonna do quotes for four hundred. Janine Melnitz do you believe in UFO's actual projections, mental telepathy, esp clairvoyant spirit, photography, telekinetic movement, full trance, medium, silocnus monster, in the theory of Atlantis. As long as there's a steady paychecked involved, I'll believe anything you say.
Speaker 3: Boom, Wow, that was a verbatim.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go back to the old drawing board here.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm gonna go back to trade and true. Let's do the men for three hundred.
Speaker 1: Okay, these four actors played the original Ghostbusters. Wow, this should be a one hundred point question.
Speaker 3: No shit, I'd hate to see what the one hundred point is. I'm gonna go with Ernie Hudson, Harold Rams, and Dan Ackroyd.
Speaker 1: You started with the least likely one that surprised me. Okay, yes, I.
Speaker 3: Said it in the exact opposite of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought you were gonna say, like Bill Murray, dan ackroyd.
Speaker 3: Yes, A point for you on the in the casting. In the bill credits, it says Bill Murray's name first and then Dana, because I think Bill Murray was the bigger start at that point.
Speaker 1: I'm going with the technology for three hundred. What is the license plate of the Ghostbuster's car? ECDO one?
Speaker 3: I didn't know? Yes, good job, yep mm hmm.
Speaker 1: All right, Colby eure up. You know what scares me the most out of all these the supporting cast for five hundreds.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 1: Got all right, you're a trooper. How did Peter describe Dana when he saw her after her symphony rehearsal?
Speaker 3: How the fuck is that supporting cast?
Speaker 1: I don't I don't know Peter described Dana when he saw her after her symphony.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have to guess because I don't remember. You remember this.
Speaker 1: I remember how he described the guy she was with.
Speaker 3: He said something about being able to hear her, and she's like one of them.
Speaker 1: The best one in her row. Maybe that's maybe that's the answer.
Speaker 3: You get the points if that's the case, because I was just going to.
Speaker 1: Guess, like Elector the best one in her row. Good job, thanks, I will gladly take the point.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, I'm getting kicked.
Speaker 1: It's all right. I'll let you have supporting cast for four hundred. I'm going with the Ghosts for three hundred. When Lewis Totley was possessed, what it was his full name entitle Vince or though keeper keep Vince? Am I close? Vince? Key master? Key master? Oh yeah, key master. I'm giving myself that point.
Speaker 3: Because it was very close though you were.
Speaker 1: Okay, what is your category?
Speaker 3: I'm down a swift thousand here, I'm gonna go. Let's do supporting cast for four hundred?
Speaker 1: Are you sure?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay. What was the name of the EPA enforcement agent that came to inspect the Ghostbusters firehouse?
Speaker 3: Walter Peck.
Speaker 1: I don't even have to click it. Yes that is correct.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, it's true. This man has no dick. You know.
Speaker 1: I love how he portrayed that character, by the way, because it's like the proverbial I'm being polite but also fuck you kind of character. What do you do, mister Venkman.
Speaker 3: You know what he reminds me of what he is, the Yen to Bill Murray's yang. They're both fucking conceited assholes and.
Speaker 1: Their first pretentious.
Speaker 3: If let's pretend Egon would have ran into him, the entire movie would have gone down a different path.
Speaker 1: Right, because he would have been like more I don't know. It was like a standoff of egos when those two met.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. And that actor says, to this day, people call him dickless on the sidewalk and so, uh or three years after this movie came out, he was in Diehard and he was like the TMZ esque report news reporter and his name, his name was Dick something. It was yeah, I shit, you know wow.
Speaker 1: So he just plays a dick in every movie he's.
Speaker 3: I guess he'd been typecasted after that encounter.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with the quotes for two hundred, Peter Rankman. Wait, wait, I've always wanted to try this. I mean, he pulled and the flowers are still standing.
Speaker 3: That's what they're looking for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Colby, Let's do the Men for two The Men for two hundred. Okay, Egon collects these strange things. You have to know.
Speaker 3: This mucus spores and fungus or something like that.
Speaker 1: You you're right on mold, yes, yes, there you go, mold sports and fungus.
Speaker 3: Mucus, your your.
Speaker 1: Mucus.
Speaker 3: Someone blows your nose and you want to keep.
Speaker 1: It all right? So the technology for two hundred? What kind of meter does Egon use in the library? Now? Ev P? What is? Do you know what this one is? Because you can have the points on it if you know.
Speaker 3: I don't know it at the top of my head.
Speaker 1: Because you know, he has this.
Speaker 3: Little thing with the little Is it the same thing he uses in the hotel when he like pokes that dude. Yes, that's one of my favorite Egon scenes. That the little things that these characters do just tell I mean, and I know that a lot of this ship was improvised, which I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I love that. I don't even think he goes up the guy and then he like, yep, it's true.
Speaker 3: I don't even think Rick Marietta's did anything that wasn't improvised as far as like you know that scene where he's walking down and he's like explaining the price of the salmon, but he'd attack right off. That was a really long shot. Really, he's the camera's panning down the table following him. He did that all improvised in one take.
Speaker 1: What a genius. I'm an actor, honestly he is.
Speaker 3: And I mean he's one of those underrated guys. I believe his wife died and he got out of the game to raise his kid.
Speaker 1: I know that's ri ip to his career because he was great and super funny. Right, I don't know what this is. I guess I'll just take it l p K E.
Speaker 3: I know never but you said like KG or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's like what monitors your heart?
Speaker 3: Right, So let's PK. I don't even know what that is. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I missed that one. What are you going with?
Speaker 3: Let's do ghosts for two?
Speaker 1: Okay, what's what was Ray's big plan to capture the ghost in the library? Yeah, all right, you get the points on that. I'm gonna go with the quotes for one hundred. Peter Venkman, we came, we saw, we kicked its ass, right.
Speaker 3: Right, Okay, all caps kicked its ass.
Speaker 1: What's your category?
Speaker 3: Let's do supporting cast for two. Let's see what kind of interesting questions.
Speaker 1: How many feet above the covers since stay asleep?
Speaker 3: I think it's four.
Speaker 1: You're saying, no, I'm not gonna say the answer, but that's not it.
Speaker 3: Okay, well that was use your.
Speaker 1: Best conspiracy mind to think about what it might Okay, thank you. Oh oh my gosh, you're getting a point for sure. But that just goes to show you how bad my memory is.
Speaker 3: I just watched this and I thought, why didn't he say six?
Speaker 1: You know, six six feet above the covers?
Speaker 3: But now you I just could see blimmery four feet above the covers.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm going with the ghosts for one hundred. What did the first ghost that the Ghostbusters caught due to Peter? The first ghost that they caught, Oh, the slimer he's got slined right, yep, slind.
Speaker 3: It's funny how underwhelming that delivery is on Bill Murray's part, Even though this is an iconic line in the movie.
Speaker 1: I think I would have had the same reaction.
Speaker 3: I think that the feel funky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the funniness of that scene comes from him just being totally underwhelmed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, honestly, I love how in the beginning in the library he's the most skeptical lot of the three of them, but when they see the ghost for the first time, he's the one who's not even based by it. He's like, so what do we do? Egon shows the most emotion in the entire movie in that scene when they see the ghost for the first time.
Speaker 1: And then like almost nothing for the rest of society.
Speaker 3: From in the mayor's office where he goes your mother like, so not a character for him in such a diss your mother.
Speaker 1: I watched this interview of his daughter and she was like, I just want everyone to know that my dad was nothing like Egone. Yeah, he was actually really funny and supercive.
Speaker 3: Are some of the best comedies of the last thirty years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for some reason people see him as being like this.
Speaker 3: Real It was this role that did it to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, what's your category?
Speaker 3: Let's do men for a hundred?
Speaker 1: Okay, Peter is this doctor's first name?
Speaker 3: Are they just going for a rankman?
Speaker 1: Is that really what they're going for?
Speaker 3: I mean I'm saying I don't know what else they could?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, is that even a question that.
Speaker 3: It was like, you know, what is it? Wants to be a millionaire? The first question, it's always the throwaway.
Speaker 1: Geez, I'm going with the technology for one hundred in the elevator at the hotel. What do the Ghostbusters have strapped to their back? An unlicensed nuclear accelerator?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: I was going to say pro ten pack, but that's what you call it in that scene. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, even if you get this one, I still win.
Speaker 3: You know. I like how you didn't get stuck on thirty three? Got off of that number, now if I can get off three thousand?
Speaker 1: Supporting cast Lewis Tully's day job was this? Yes, so we were close three hundred point differences.
Speaker 3: You know what fucked me? Was it the Casey Casem's wife. Yeah, and that was the hardest question on the whole board. Isn't that weird?
Speaker 1: You went for throats though you were like supporting cast for five hundred.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh shit, I think that one was the four hundred.
Speaker 1: No, let's see, Oh that was the five hundred a day.
Speaker 3: And you got that one.
Speaker 1: No, that's because I've watched the three movie a thousand times.
Speaker 3: What. Yeah, that's crazy. What question should have been four or five?
Speaker 7: Five?
Speaker 1: For sure?
Speaker 3: Okay, what good job, Julia? If I was gonna lose you.
Speaker 1: Okay, We'll have to do another one of horror movies or like Stanley Kubrick Jeopardy Stanley Kubrick.
Speaker 3: I'm not a huge horror guy, but I do love everything Kubrick and Ridley Scott.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll try to find one and then we can play that next time.
Speaker 3: We still need to do our little h I know, round Table with Davy and maybe another person even but at least US three doing Kubrick.
Speaker 1: We could definitely all three play Jeopardy too, So I'll look for one and we'll have to get that in the works. But tonight we are going all Ghostbusters. I'm talking those Busters one and two. I have so many notes. I'm really excited to get into this, but if you're okay with it, I'm just gonna read off for the listeners, a little bit of the stuff that everybody knows. Ghostbusters is a nineteen eighty four American supernatural comedy film directed and produced by Ivan Raitman and written by Dan Ackroyd and Harold Ramis. It stars Bill Murray, Dan Ackroyd, Harold Ramis and Let's See Sigourney Weaver, Rick Moranis and Annie Potts and it's based on dan Ackroyd's own fascination with spirituality. Do you have any extra bits you want to add?
Speaker 3: Just as far as dan ackroid goes, I think it's intriguing that his great grand grandfather in the nineteen hundreds was a paranormal investigator.
Speaker 1: I believe dude, when I looked into it, said he was a spiritualist, quote unquote like that. That's how they describe Marina Abramovich is a spiritualist. That's literally the term.
Speaker 3: That they describe her as. An That's just me. Uh, she's a performance artist, right, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know what she was, but they called her a spiritualists.
Speaker 3: So that's crazy that they put those two in the same basket.
Speaker 1: Well, and the thing is is like dan Ackroyd had to rewrite everything because yeah, it wasn't supposed to be a comedy at first.
Speaker 3: I said that before Epic. Yeah, like there was going to be dimension jumping, there was gonna be like the original State Puff was like one of many sequences of them fighting like huge monstrosities and shit. I mean, he was ahead of his time. If he had like the budget of Disney and mar he could have made the thing that he wrote.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he could have, and so he actually so when they told him it was never going to work as a sci fi film, and he was like, Okay, it's got to be a comedy. He actually was writing a role for John Belushi because of the Blues Brothers, and he wanted to do this with him, but he died. John Belushi died in nineteen eighty two and the script had to be rewritten again. And I have some more interesting about Slimer was that a.
Speaker 3: Rewrite Slimer was an homage to John Belushi. They were trying to make like a John Belushi esque from Animal House type character. So that is, Oh wow, that's the tip of the hat to John Belushi.
Speaker 1: Oh well, that's freaking awesome because like I researched this thing up and down and that I did not know it also really good find.
Speaker 3: In the video game apparently there was a video game. Uh, they did like a digital version of John Belushi as his spiritual advisor. He's a ghost and he comes back and talks to dan Ak right and gives him advice and.
Speaker 1: Shit, that's really cool. Yeah, I'm not gonna lie. That's really cool. So I have some weird stuff that I found about John Belushi's death that I'll get into in just a second. But so Ghostbusters was released on June eighth, and people were really skeptical that this was even going to be a good movie, but it, you know, obviously became like a cultural phenomenon.
Speaker 3: I think that what's crazy grossing comedy Untelhome alone came out.
Speaker 1: It was, but like when you compare it to the other movies that came out that year, it's like, what a year to be a lot? Like, dude, Ghostbusters dropped and then it was Grimlins, The Karate Kid, The Terminator, A Nightmare on Elm Street, the First One, and The Never Ending Story all came out this year, and Ghostbusters like topped them all. But when you think cultural standards, like what's a cult classic, they're all cult classics and they as Terminator, Yeah that's crazy.
Speaker 3: They're all the original movies and franchises right right?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: So I mean, like, damn, I would have loved to be alive in nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 3: I was, but I was one years old, so I wasn't really watching movies yet.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't be born for another ten years. But I love all those movies, like The Never ending story come on Falcore. But so Ghostbusters, like I said, was inspired by dan Ackroyd's fascination with ann to belief in the paranormal, and let's see he inherited which he inherited this interest from his father, who later wrote a book called A History of Ghosts. His mother claimed to have paranormal experiences, his grandfather experimented with radios to contact the dead and was a renowned spiritualist. And then it says in nineteen eighty one, dan Aykroyd read an article on quantum physics and parapsychology and it gave him the idea of actually trapping ghosts. And so the idea of Ghostbusters was born. And he actually the original script after he decided it was going to be a comedy, was going to star John Belushi and Eddie Murphy, like can you imagine, Well.
Speaker 3: You know, I feel like Ernie Hudson got the show aft in a lot of ways on this he did. They really shrunk his part down after Eddie Murphy was tied up with shooting Beverly Hills Cop.
Speaker 1: Which is a great movie by also.
Speaker 3: A great movie, and he just it took too long for Akroyd to get this off the ground. But do you do you realize that when he finally was given the green light, they were giving him the release date from the day he got the stamp of approval of fourteen months to theaters. So this was shot and eden especially cool, like they some of the coolest shit, Like I hate CGI, I don't watch it. It like that, like the newer stuff. But like the opening scene with the cards, they just pushed the drawers out and they had a vacuum and they were blowing those cards up like real low bud shit. And they have like the ghosts, which is green screen technology, and then they have the stop start with the dogs, you know, the Gatekeeper key Master.
Speaker 1: The worst graphics in that movie are the dogs are Everything else looks pretty pretty dope.
Speaker 3: Apparently if you get the four K updated high def shit, the dogs look pretty cool. But I kind of like the nostalgic, like shitty stopster animation for nineteen eighty four. It looked pretty fucking good. It looked. Okay, they're the worst thing. You're right, they are the worst things in the movie. Everything else that fucking creepy ass taxi driver dude Colby.
Speaker 1: They look like dog turns look so bad.
Speaker 3: My friend had a boxer pit mix that looked just like those fucking things without their dolls.
Speaker 1: They were nuralists. They literally looked like walking piles of shit.
Speaker 3: I mean they were, But so is this dog?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: But no, Okay, So I want to I want to give the listeners a little background on the death of John Belushi because and I hope this is even impressive to you, because I did a kind of a deep dive on that. And so, John Belushi had an accidental quote unquote death in March of nineteen eighty two, and it says that he died from a combination of bad drugs by a drug dealer named Kathy Smith. And it says that he was injected with a mixture of heroin cocaine and it was like a deadly amount. And it was at the Chateau Marmont's hotel in West Hollywood, California. So I know you've heard me talk about the Chateau Marmont before, and this is the hotel that was the inspiration for Hotel California. But it's also been referred to in songs by like Miley Cyrus Panic at the Disco, The Grateful dead wanna Delay. They all talk about the Chateau Marmont and Tuesday Weld Anton Levey. They all talked about the Chateau Marmont, and I think that it's interesting that he would have died there. Now do you think that he was murdered?
Speaker 3: Uh, there's some stuff around his death that I recently heard that really tripped me the fuck out. But I don't know what the reason for murdering him. Of course, he did Diet thirty three, which like Chris Farley and how old was John Candy when he died?
Speaker 1: I can google it?
Speaker 3: Really cool, But do you know the connection between all those three that I just named and Phil Hartman and a few other dead comedians what they looked at this script and it was about a Canadian. It was a Canadian thing, and it was a Eskimo. It was a comedy and anybody who like read this role ended up dying. Ye're shitting So I heard this last week. It was this guy named Thomas or Thomas and he's a stand up comedian that Davey Wavey used to work with and this was the second time he had him on. And this guy's pretty like straight and narrow. When it comes to conspiracies. But he brought this to Davey's attention. Davy hadn't heard of it. I haven't heard of it. Apparently you haven't. I'll get the title of the movie and send it to you. You're gonna do a whole episode on it. I can already tell.
Speaker 1: Oh, shut the front door. Is that real?
Speaker 3: Google what movie did and list some of those actors. I just named what script did they cursed? Script? That Blushi, Candy Barley Hartman? What script did they look at?
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see if it.
Speaker 3: Comes up, because Davy was able to bring it up when they were talking about it.
Speaker 1: Uh ah tuk, what's it? That's the name? Hollywood script that killed six actors. It's right here. What the wait a second, Wait a second. It says a uh Hollywood script that has killed six actors. And the story is about an Inuit poem something something Toronto mhm. But the movie he lives in Alaska, Jesus Christ. A woman visits his town in Alaska. John Belushi two months later, Catherine Evelyn Smith. Oh, that's the that's who killed him. The script went back to the market and Sam.
Speaker 3: Kennison, Oh, he read for it too.
Speaker 1: Yep dead, John Candy dead, Chris Farley dead. I must have missed someone.
Speaker 3: Did anybody look at it? Did you say Phil.
Speaker 1: Hartman, Phil Hartman dead?
Speaker 3: Did you Does it say anything about anybody reading it that didn't die or is it just everybody who fucking and they probably can do this thing? After six people were killed.
Speaker 1: By I would say you got to close the movie down. I mean, so three a m. Someone entered the bedroom of Phil Hartman and shot him twice in the head. That so we have a three there. And then Chris Farley was thirty three, John Candy was on his he was forty three ooh three. And then this guy Sam Kinnison, you know who.
Speaker 3: He is, stand up comedian. He had like long curly hair and he always wore a beret. He was a big dude and he'd always be like I after his jokes. He had the scream. He was a preacher. He was came from a religious background and he was going to be a preacher, but he became this coked up stand up you'd like him. You should check him out, Sam Kinison.
Speaker 1: That's I'll have to look into it. It just says in nineteen eighty eight managed eight days of filming before they halted the production. So eight, the Big eight person, right, John Belushi was thirty three, Wow, what a rabbit hole. Let me not just tie right off into that for too long. But so the whole hotel, the Chateau Marmont thing, I think is also a connection with that, because like a cursed place and actually there was something yeah right here. So I found an interview of dan Aykroyd and it was someone talking to him and asking him if he ever had any like real life paranormal experiences, and he said so. The interviewer says, as an actor and musician, you've traveled the world and stayed in many hotels. What have what have been your own paranormal hotel experiences? And he said, I have not had many hotel experiences. The Chateau Marma has a lot of stuff going on, though, and I've stayed there a lot. Things have come off the wall, and I had an out of body experience there once and I was flying around the dining room and it says, I guess so, and then it says the lamp broke after my friend said he saw the lamp above him start to shake, and he says that was just before John Blue. She died two weeks later.
Speaker 3: Okay, I was going to ask if this interview was post Blue death. Apparently it is.
Speaker 1: Right, and it says actually I had a friend who was a sensitive and went to the place where John died, and he said he saw him. John appeared to him at the Chateau Marmont.
Speaker 3: He was a green slimmer.
Speaker 1: So interesting, right, Yeah, especially with this curse script, which I'm just gonna have to look into that I don't know yet, mind blowing. I wonder if they finished making the movie.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna look at the movie is sitting. It's still available, but no one wants to touch it. Apparently I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not watching it.
Speaker 3: It's like playing Superman. So yeah, they will never film this movie. I don't think there's unless there's like some actor who's suicidal and he's like, let's just try to make this movie before I write.
Speaker 1: Why don't they pick like Jared Leto or somebody nobody cares about.
Speaker 3: Some weight Jared, You're gonna be a fat esquehim out right, let me get off my cross, okay man, or like who's.
Speaker 1: The actor who was in he's just not that into you and the Tusk justin long. You don't like him, yeah, he can be in that movie. I fucking hate him as an actor and his face annoys every cell in my body.
Speaker 3: He did do a really good George Harrison and Dewey Cox.
Speaker 1: I don't give a shit. So I want to break down the storyline here. Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right? So we got the Liey opening, iconic as ever, just like you said before, it's kind of low budget effects, but absolutely iconic. The cards are flying out of the little things and we have our first sighting of the old Lady Librarian ghost. And the next scene that it cuts to after that is one of my favorite scenes in the entire movie. I don't know why, but when Peter Vankman is giving electro shock, fucking.
Speaker 3: Well think it's a misunderstood scene too, do you, Yeah, because everybody I've ever heard talk about it says this is the scene where you can really tell that Peter is not really into the studies, that he's just a sleez bag and he's just interested in hooking up with the scroll. But no, he he is doing negative reinforcement of yes piece. So he's proving that if somebody's angry that they'll start being esp andy. Yeah, and so he's like letting the girl get all the right answers, even though she gets none of him right. And as it goes on, he starts getting the cards right.
Speaker 1: He does because he's like a couple wavy lines.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's just like, this is just not your day.
Speaker 1: He like reaches towards as the button and he's like no, no, he zaps the ship out of him in the little gum flock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this has really started to piss me off.
Speaker 1: You could keep the five bucks.
Speaker 3: But to say what I was going to say, he definitely does not miss the opportunity to slide in and try to hit on the girl. But he was doing his serious study, I thought, and.
Speaker 1: Actress Elizabeth sho no, it was somebody that didn't do a lot.
Speaker 3: But I just heard this in something I was listening to yesterday. But I've gotten my notes that how much I love the cardious he studies, and I have in parentheses in k Ultra like what kind of shit are they doing at this school? Because do you remember when they lose their funding? Acroid's pissed or not pissed, but he's distraught, he's like, stand Ford, Mit, forget about it. They want touch us with a ten foot pole now, And he's like, I love that seat. Also because he's telling him like, you've never been out of the university field like private sector, they expect results.
Speaker 1: They expect results, see me.
Speaker 3: That was almost an homage to trading places with him, because there's a line about that in there too.
Speaker 1: So if I was going to rate scenes by the way, and I don't know why, but the scene where he's electro shocking that guy is like probably one of my top three favorite scenes in the entire movie.
Speaker 2: Nervous.
Speaker 5: Yes, I don't like this.
Speaker 10: You only have seventy five more to go? Okay, what's this one?
Speaker 3: A couple of wavy lines. Sorry, this isn't your lucky day. Well yeah, get a little tired of this.
Speaker 7: You volunteered, didn't you.
Speaker 10: We're paying you aren't.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, but I don't know you're going to be given the electric shocks. What are you trying to approve her? Anyway? I'm studying the effect of negative reinforcement on esp ability. The effect I'll tell you what the effect is.
Speaker 2: It's pissing me off.
Speaker 3: Well, then maybe my theory is correct.
Speaker 2: Okay, kick the five bucks, I.
Speaker 3: Will, mister.
Speaker 1: And it's like the character Bill Murray is portraying is such a pretentious asshole, but he's like so smart and funny that you almost don't care if he's as into it as Egon and Ray. So you have that aspect in all three of the characters. Egon is like the brain, and Ray is like the really excited one that just believes in everything, and then you have Vankman who's skeptical of everything.
Speaker 3: I'd say that Ray and Peter are actually very much like the actors portraying them, where Harold Ramis, like you established earlier, is pretty much the pullar opposite. But I do feel like Bill Murray this was the role for him because I think they'd already done stripes. But if you look at everything that Bill Murray's done since he is Peter Vankman, and I think that that is Bill Murray. I think Bill Murray did a lot of improvisation with this role.
Speaker 1: And you know what I would what I would compare it to is if you've seen one Vince Vaughn movie, you've seen all Vince Vaughn movies. Bill Murray is that guys, He's Peter Vankman in almost every role he plays, except for what about Bob?
Speaker 3: What about Bob's different? Yeah, groundhog Days Peter Vankman, right, except there's a courage. There's a character arc with Groundhog Day. I love that. Fucking Ghostbusters breaks that rule. There is not a character arc for a single fucking person in this movie.
Speaker 1: Oh, not even carrying on into the second movie.
Speaker 3: Even at the end when Rick moranis is like, you know, just getting left at the dust. It's just like, right, wasn't until Ghostbusters too where he has his day, which I.
Speaker 1: Just love him as an actor. I used to be really obsessed with Honey, I blew up the kid, not shrunk, but blew up. It was my favorite one. So after they get kicked out of the university, they find the firehouse and one of my most favorite quotes from the movie comes from Spangler.
Speaker 6: It just seems a little pricey for a unique fixer upper opportunity, that's all.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 1: He uh?
Speaker 3: I think this building should be condemned.
Speaker 9: There's serious metal fatigue and all the load bearing members.
Speaker 1: The wiring is substandard, It's completely inadequate for our power needs, and the neighborhood.
Speaker 5: Is like at the militarized zone.
Speaker 8: Hey, does this pole still work?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 8: This place is great?
Speaker 1: When can we move in?
Speaker 2: You've gotta try this pole.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get my stuff that is, And then he goes, I think we'll take it.
Speaker 3: Well, no, because right after he says all that, Ray comes running. He's like, this pole still work? Guys did? Like Bill Murray and him look at each other because he's all excited about it, like, let's sleep here tonight, let's try it out. He's like a little seenager.
Speaker 1: Right, he's like nineteen percent. You didn't even bargain with the guy totally took out a second mortgage on his house and like so they're going full fledge into it. But right after that we see the first scene with Sigourney Weaver and Lewis Tolley, and that's another iconic scene. I mean, when he runs out of his apartment, he's like, you know, always keep like a lot of nutritious snacks in the house, little sodium, mineral water or like wherever the little thing is. He says, well, Dan.
Speaker 6: It's you.
Speaker 2: Oh hi, yes, I thought it was a drug store.
Speaker 7: Oh are you sick?
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, I'm fine, I feel great.
Speaker 7: Just order some more vitamins and stuff.
Speaker 3: I was just exercising.
Speaker 7: I take twenty minute workout of my machine and played it back at high speed, so it only took ten minutes.
Speaker 3: I got a great workout.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 10: Do you want to commit for mineral waters?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: I'd really like to Lewis, but I have to go to rehearsal.
Speaker 7: Now, excuse me, no sweat, I'll take a rain check on that.
Speaker 3: I always have plenty of low sodium mineral water and other nutritious foods in the house.
Speaker 8: But you already know that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know that.
Speaker 1: But did you catch the Easter egg when the groceries start exploding on the countertop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's the little foreshadowing of the state puffed marshmallow man there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. And then like Dana meets the Ghostbusters and in that scene, there's like a mention of He's like, oh, well, Venkman's like, I'll go back to her apartment. I'll check her out. I mean I'll check her apartment out. And Egan says, well, we'll check all the normal literature. You know, the Tobin Spirit Guide, And I googled it and that's it's not a real thing. I wanted it to be a real thing. It's not.
Speaker 3: What about like Zuel and Gozer and these Sumerian things. Is this a real thing? Because I was gonna also look into that and I never did. Are those real?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's real, it's real. So the only thing that wasn't real in that aspect was like this Tobin spirit guide or whatever, it doesn't exist.
Speaker 3: I really am curious about that Philadelphia mass turbulence of nineteen forty seven when he's talking about the books being stuffed. I wonder if that's real.
Speaker 1: You should look it up, because when I hear Philadelphia, I think of like the Philadelphia the Experiment experiment, right, it was that?
Speaker 3: Do you know it was.
Speaker 1: In the twenties? Okay, the Philadelphia Experiment was in the twenties. If i'm if it wasn't in the twenties, it was like in the forties, because like it was super old.
Speaker 3: I do want to say at the beginning of this movie, it presents itself as is either a horror movie or a drama. It doesn't open up like a comedy. And I think the music is really key in this movie. It's like this sounds like horror, like it's really good. It reminds me of like Rosemary's Baby and shit like that.
Speaker 1: Like even in the second one, the song it's different guys, right, it's different guys. But the soundtrack of the first Ghostbusters, who Are You Gonna Call? Like that, that's iconic forever.
Speaker 3: But I always thought that was very in the news too, and it's not. It's Ray Perker Junior.
Speaker 1: Right. There's another song though, when it's the dream sequence and Rays having a dream, there's like a ghost taking his pants off or something.
Speaker 3: And that's based on something real. What, Yeah, that happens, So dan Ackroyd, it implies he's gonna get a blowjob and from a ghost. But that's like a dream.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: But he went on Joe Rogan's podcast like fucking five or six years ago, and I fucking love dan Akright. I love everything he's done. I love all every character he's ever played, even like the stupider roles. But he told Joe Rogan that when he and his family bought a house in northern California that he was it was one of the first nights he was sleeping there. That part, I'm not exactly clear, and I'm pretty sure it was pretty fresh. How the house purchase, and he said that he felt a presence start to spoon him and that he was fucking petrified and paralyzed. And Joe's like, wow, man, was it was it like a like a masculine or a feminine presence? And dan Ackroy, without even breaking his breaking his expression, just goes, well, it felt like it could have been masculine. So Rogan's asking him, is that what that scene in Ghostbusters came from? He's like, yeah, that's what inspired that.
Speaker 1: WHOA damn, that's fucking crazy. So he really does have like he could do a paranormal podcast, like he's totally into it.
Speaker 3: I prey sure he was talking about it at one point. I don't know if he ever did, but he has that Crystal Skull vodka. He's really into UFOs too, and Bickfront Like he's known for believing everything paranormal, Like there's not anything he's really skeptical about as far as.
Speaker 1: So I guess, like you, I don't think he's crazy, but I mean, like in the second movie, he owns a bookstore, right raise a cult, so I guess like it really is him, Like he's almost playing himself in the movie.
Speaker 3: He's played probably what he would have tried to do if he didn't become a comedian slash actor.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's kind of cool. So Data meets the Ghostbusters. They go back to her hotel, or they go back to her apartment. Then they get their first call, Hello Ghostbusters. Yes, of course this series.
Speaker 2: You do, you have.
Speaker 1: No kidding, Uh huh, Well just just give me the address. Yes of course. Oh they'll be totally discreet. Thank you.
Speaker 2: We get one.
Speaker 1: We got one, And they meet the Slimer and the accelerator packs on their back Da da da, flowers are still standing.
Speaker 3: I love when they're in the elevator and he has Egon flips right on and then he this is just another one of those great things Harold Raims does. He kind of just scoots back really cautiously, and.
Speaker 1: They're kind of like nudging closer.
Speaker 3: They have not tested this ship out at all. That's implied heavily. This is the test.
Speaker 1: What the hell are you doing?
Speaker 5: Sorry?
Speaker 6: Sorry, I'm sorry, we thought you were someone else.
Speaker 1: The when they're breaking down the prices too, you can see Egon just like yep, yep, I'm gonna ask you for the big ones for.
Speaker 3: That and then the thousand dollars containing fee too. So we could just put it right back in there, can't we, right, We most certainly can. Yeah, they haven't thought any of this through.
Speaker 1: No, but if you think about it, the whole them making money on this being Ghostbusters or whatever, I can see how the story progressed into the second movie because they were so successful and there was such a surge because of this Goser thing, and then like what happens after that, after they've.
Speaker 3: Destroyed they put him on the side.
Speaker 1: You would imagine that it went like way down hill after that, and then that kind of enters us into the second movie because like nobody even cares about the Ghostbusters anymore.
Speaker 3: But like it's five year gap, correct.
Speaker 1: Five years, Yes.
Speaker 3: I could still I have the opening scene memorized five years later, and then the crack and the sidewalk and the baby carriage and the pink slime that's etched into my memory because as a kid, like I said, I was one when the first one came out. But then my brother and I started watching the Saturday Morning Cartoon and my Mom's like, you know, that's a movie, so she rented it for us. So by the time the second one came out, we were like waiting for it, and we liked it more as kids. We thought it was better, even though it's clearly not better. It was so cood. Oh.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask you if you still stand by that, if you think the second one, do you do you think it's just as good or do you think it's worse.
Speaker 3: I think it's just as good. But I think the third first third of the movie, so Act one is original as fuck, and then the second two acts are just the first movie made over me again with different different characters, but the scenario is the exact same.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. I think the first half of the movie's really good, and then it kind of was like, ah, we all knew this was gonna happen in right.
Speaker 3: But before we jump in, let's finish before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, before we jump into that one, I have to say. We meet Winston in the iconic like do you Believe in? Then we meet Walter Peck and then they go to prison or jail and Dana gets possessed, and there's this song that plays after they release all the ghosts back, they shut the containment facility down, there's this song, and yes, do you believe in magic. Magic.
Speaker 3: That whole entire scene.
Speaker 1: That's I think where dan Ackroyd got to have a little bit of creative freedom, because that's the creepiest scene in the entire movie, when all the ghosts are getting let loose on the city and it's like magic magic. That song was perfection. You know what, I'm gonna google it because I just put it in my notes, like I love that song, but it's perfect see Ghostbusters magic song. Alright, So the song is magic by make Smiley. Never fucking heard of that guy.
Speaker 3: It's a creepy name. Hey, it's Smiley, kids.
Speaker 1: It's not do you believe in magic? It says, I believe it's magic magic. Yeah, I believe it's magic.
Speaker 3: I wonder like that song was already a thing then it wasn't written for the movie.
Speaker 1: I guess while they're in jail they talk about some moldy Babylon me and God is going to come back and death. It's very thank you.
Speaker 3: I love that. I love It's like it's such a dickish thing to do in that moment, but he's so matter of fact that he can't let it slide. Right.
Speaker 1: I looked into the story it's all made up. I really wish that it would have been true.
Speaker 3: But there was the architect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the architect, Yeah.
Speaker 3: He's got he's got a cult of like a thousand followers, and they yeah.
Speaker 1: He built that building to.
Speaker 3: Is that for the first twenty floors of that building are real? And then they did like a matte special effects matte painting for the top part. I thought it looked great.
Speaker 1: I thought it looked great. It looked terrific. But I just, you know, I was like, Dan, the story wasn't real.
Speaker 3: So do you think it's weird that they had the plans with him in print? In jail?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they wouldn't have been able to get in there.
Speaker 3: That's so I have another plot hole from the beginning where they get canned from the university. They just filmed an encounter with a ghost. Why doesn't he just show him that and say, hey, look we're making headway. Look at this, we just filmed a fucking ghost.
Speaker 1: That's interesting.
Speaker 3: But did the film it he has the camera. I don't know if it actually shows him filming it. I think he's yeah, because.
Speaker 1: He's like taking a million pictures of it, remember, and he's like clicking the camera over and over again.
Speaker 3: But he's got that in the lamera with the special filter. It just showed up in the mill that day, like right before they went, so he was able to film it. But I don't know if he did. I know he was snapping pictures of stuff. But anyway, I just thought they just like had their first encounter and they didn't even like try to save their jobs by telling the guy that, yeah, that.
Speaker 1: Well, they had to get kicked out for the rest of the movie to make this. But the thing is the short amount of time they had to pull this off. You have to ignore the potholes.
Speaker 3: I can't I forgive Ghostbusters for having two or three, but they're not that big. So what they had plans in jail that you know, maybe he snuck them in somehow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were able to have this whole blueprint in jail.
Speaker 3: And is everyone getting this? I love when Billberry says that because everybody's kind of like watching.
Speaker 1: What what's that thing? He said?
Speaker 3: He said, you better better someone, you better be good for goodness sake, someone's coming. Someone's coming, almost like he's going to break into It's Christmas song.
Speaker 1: Yeah. H They go meet the mayor after that, and there's the iconic dickless scene.
Speaker 3: Those busters.
Speaker 8: Hey, mister Mayo, but it's okay the ghost But hey, where's this Peck?
Speaker 6: I am Walter Peck, sir, and I'm prepared to make a full report. These men are consummate snowball artists. They you sense the nerve gases to hallucinations. People think they're seeing ghosts, and they call these bozos, who conveniently show up to deal with the problem with the fake electronic light show.
Speaker 10: Everything was fine with our system until the power grid was shut off by dicklas here.
Speaker 6: They caused an explosion. Is this true? Yes, it's true.
Speaker 3: This man has no Dick Jesus. All right, all right, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Well that's what I heard at city Hall.
Speaker 6: Now what am I gonna do here?
Speaker 5: John?
Speaker 8: What is this? Well, I'm not gonna call a press conference and tell everyone to start praying.
Speaker 6: Oh I'm Winston's Atimore, Yanna. But I've only been with the company for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 5: I gotta tell you these things are real.
Speaker 3: Since I joined these men, I have seen ship that will turn you white.
Speaker 7: Well you can believe mister Pecker my name is Peck, or you could accept the fact that the city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportion.
Speaker 10: What do you mean biblical?
Speaker 8: What he means this Old Testament, real wrath of God type stocks, fire and brimstone coming down from the skies, rivers and seas boiling.
Speaker 3: Forty years of darkness, earthquakes, volcanoes, a bid rising.
Speaker 7: From the green, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together massispario it ughs, I get the point.
Speaker 1: And cats and dogs.
Speaker 3: Masshisteria, mass hysteria is Do you think that that dickless scene was improvised or do you think that was written because it's so perfect it.
Speaker 1: Is too good not to be written.
Speaker 3: Dicklas hair shut off our power grid.
Speaker 1: It's true, this man has dick.
Speaker 3: I also think it's interesting that the priest dude comes in and he has some kind of dominion over the mayor mmm.
Speaker 1: And he gives him a kiss and he's like hello, Lenny or whatever he says, yeah.
Speaker 3: And then there's rabbis jumping up and down when they're outside the building a little later called the religions are backing them.
Speaker 1: And you can tell how each character kind of is portrayed in the entire movie by their reaction to the crowd scene because Egon and Ray are totally like, oh my god, like what is going on? But Peter's like shaking hands and.
Speaker 3: The day carpet. Yeah, it's like what do you want me to do?
Speaker 1: Kiss your baby? Like, it's like the whole you know, egotistical thing. They end up saving the day, right, they go to the apartment. There's this whole standoff. It's whatever, they save the day. But what's interesting to me, what I wrote down notes for is that once the Ghostbusters vanquished Gozer the Gozarian right, and they're all covered in the marshmallow ooze.
Speaker 3: Which is just shaving cream.
Speaker 1: I think it looks so real to me, though it does.
Speaker 3: It looks like Bute, who's dick to Bill Murray suck could be like, I just want a little bit on my cheeks, the other.
Speaker 1: Little little on my head, that's all. Don't get it on my face. Don't get it on my face.
Speaker 3: It's a good representation of his character though he can step and ship and come away clean every time. He's like Steflon Don.
Speaker 1: But there's a scene after that where dan Aykroyd tells Tully after they break him out of the dog thing he goes, you were an unwilling participant in the biggest inter dimensional cross rips since the Tunguska Blast of nineteen oh nine. And it turns out there was a huge explosion in Central Russia in nineteen oh eight, what they call the result of a meteorite impact, and according to wikiped okay, it flattened eighty million trees and caused a shock wave that registered on the Richter scale. And so my question to you is, do you think the og Tunguska blast really was an inter dimensional cross rip?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm gonna have to side with dan akright on this because I also he would have looked into it extensively if he was going to make a reference to it.
Speaker 1: I'll put that in the script. That's big.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing that I pulled up from earlier. Sadly, the Philadelphia mass turbulence of nineteen forty seven is not a thing that has happened, and it's this article about the Ghostbuster scene. So he just made that shit up possible.
Speaker 1: That fucking sucks.
Speaker 3: I like that, though, I totally forgot about that one. I was kind of falling asleep near the end of the movie. Oh I love the uh, the whole scene with that. I think she's a Hungarian actress with the flat top and for the flat top. But yeah, are you a God?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And Winston's great line when someone asks you if you're here God.
Speaker 2: You say yes.
Speaker 1: Damn it, you say yes.
Speaker 3: He's got some good one liners that just kind of come out of nowhere. I think they're like they knew that they shafted the part. He was just happy to be a part of the movie. And he also did get a bigger part in the second one, So.
Speaker 1: He did get a bigger part in the second one. But what people discount, which is one of the best scenes in Ghostbusters, is when Winston and Ray are in the.
Speaker 3: Call I got notes about that, Yes, and.
Speaker 1: He says something about do you believe in God? And dan Aykroyd says something and he was like, I love Jesus's style. And they talk about the end times.
Speaker 3: And talk about the revelations in this revelation here, do you believe in God?
Speaker 10: Never met him?
Speaker 1: What I do?
Speaker 3: And I love Jesus' style.
Speaker 1: You know, it's roof.
Speaker 10: Cut, it's made of a magnesium touched an alloy.
Speaker 5: What are you so involved with that?
Speaker 10: These are the blueprints for the structural iron work in Dana Barrett's apartment building, and they're very, very strange.
Speaker 5: Irie.
Speaker 3: Do you remember something in the Bible about the last days when the dead would rise from the grave?
Speaker 10: I remember Revelation seven twelve, and I looked as he opened the sixth Seal, and behold there was a great earthquake, and the sun became as black as sackcloth, and the moon became his.
Speaker 5: Blood, and the seas boiled.
Speaker 10: In the Sky's film Judgment Day, Judgment Day, every ancient religion has its own myth about the end of the world.
Speaker 3: Myth, Ray hasn't ever occurred to you.
Speaker 6: And maybe the reason we've been so busy lately, it's because it did have been.
Speaker 3: Rising from the rain.
Speaker 10: How about little music?
Speaker 1: That's Winston, which people don't give him credit for having a cooler part, because he's literally brought the one that brought.
Speaker 3: It up, I know. And then Ray like mentions this passage and Winston finishes it and it's the sixth Seal. And to me that I ever since because I'm a huge Waco guy and this is the thirtieth anniversary of Waco. Whenever you hear anything about the Seven Seals. I can't not think about David Koresh because his whole fucking shtick was him interpreting the seven Seals of the Revelations in a way that no one ever had. That's why he had that cult. I'm sure you know.
Speaker 1: Can you read it? Can you read us the scripture that they.
Speaker 3: Were revelation sixth still, because I do think that it's kind of interesting to me that this is a movie where they mix paranormal religion and science and they do it quite well.
Speaker 1: Oh phenomenal yep.
Speaker 3: So here is what is the sixth Seal and revelation I looked when he opened the sixth Seal, and behold there was a great earthquake, and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became like blood, and the stars of heaven fell to the earth as a fig tree drops its late figs when it is shaken by a mighty wind.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's the one they read, and then they go Judgment Day Judgement.
Speaker 3: I love how they're like, it's all creepy and silent. They're like, let's turn on the radio, like let's.
Speaker 1: Right, but so like as far as that goes, I think it's an interesting tie in with Zuel. And they're talking about the Sumerian god and blah blah blah, and Zuel is a real creature that existed billions of years ago, and it says, did you say billions millions of years ago? According to this article I found in it says, but in reality, the dog like creature represented in Ghostbusters is a representation of the hounds of Hell guarding the Demi god Goeser as she is summoned in the end times. And what's interesting, right, So what I've been harping on people is that I think the Antichrist in real life will be female, whether that be a born female or otherwise.
Speaker 3: So Elon Musk is going to have a trend position.
Speaker 1: I swear, think about it.
Speaker 3: Colby, Hey, I'm all about it. I mean transgender, transhuman I think transhumanism is the anti Christ personified myself.
Speaker 1: But everyone's looking for this male, this anti Christ being a man, But I think it's going to be a female.
Speaker 3: I'm just you have anybody in mind, not at the moment, but I maybe they haven't presented themselves yet.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. No, I don't think so. Be On the Lookout and just know Colby look into my eyes. You heard it on the Cosmic Peach podcast. First, do you want to jump into Ghostbusters too real quick?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I did want to. Before we do that, can I mention some things about the cartoon that I find interesting?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 3: So the cartoon ran for fuck It was a few seasons. It was one of my favorite Saturday Morning cartoons. Slimmer is actually like a pet in that show, you know, he talks and shit. Did you ever watch any of it?
Speaker 1: No? I think it was before my time.
Speaker 3: So Peter is like redheaded. And you know who does his voice at first is the guy that voiced Garfield really, which is also weird because years later.
Speaker 1: It later on to voice Garfield.
Speaker 3: Yes, Bill Murray. So they must have some kind of sound alike, because later Bill Murray does. I think after the actor died. The voice actor died, I don't remember his name off the top of my head, but I do believe Bill Murray was like given a handsome sum to voice Garfield in the real movie, and then Bill Murray said that guy sounds nothing like me. And so after that was and this might just be circumstantial, I don't know. But after that comment was made by Bill Murray, they fired him and they got Dave Cooeier, who played Joey on Full House. He voiced the guy for the but he sounds more like him, but the other guy had like better timing. I think just from what I remember, you can't tell a difference. But also this is you know how I said, Uh, Ernie Hudson got the shaft. He auditioned. He must have been hurting for workouts. He auditioned to do his own fucking voice, and they turned him down. Wow, gave it to Arcinio Hall.
Speaker 1: I love Arsenial Hall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that was our Senial Hall was hot at the time. He'd just gotten his own show. He was fresh up coming to America and he'd gotten his own Lady.
Speaker 1: Dude, I had a crush on Oursenial Hall for the longest time. It's super random, but like, I just loved coming to America. I loved the character he played.
Speaker 3: He's cute, but I mean, yeah, he.
Speaker 1: Was so hilarious. If you can make me laugh, that's it. I love you. I don't know why that is, but like some people it's laughter, some people it's food. You know, who knows, But I did also read something about the cartoon version of Janine Melnitz was completely different than the real life how they portrayed her in the first Ghostbusters, and everybody was like, you should read her.
Speaker 3: Look, she had the rimmed glasses and the horn rim glasses, and they actually changed them and they sexed her up a little bit.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, they did. They definitely did, because in the first one she has that real short haircut, real plane Jane. And then in Ghostbusters too she gets this makeover where she has this blunt cut bob. It's super orange, coppery red, and she's wearing bright red lipstick. Everything about her she looks like if you mixed Daphanie and Velma into the same character. That's Jenny Melmots right.
Speaker 3: From the second one though.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, yeah in the second one. Yeah.
Speaker 11: And then uh.
Speaker 1: Something else interesting that I learned about Ghostbusters too is that the scene where they're in the courthouse, the Scullari brothers are modeled after the Blues Brothers.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm, I could see that. I didn't know that, but as soon as you said it, it makes perfect sense.
Speaker 1: You know. Something else that is like a weird tie in is the little bastard kid from the birthday party that they go to at the beginning. Yeah, dude, that little asshole shit fuck went on to be the director of Ghostbusters After Life.
Speaker 3: Oh that's because that's Ivan Rymond's son. Yeah, Jason Raymond, right, I don't know, so he just used his real kid for that role.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: I wondered if we're gonna talk about After Life. I already showed you how much I hated the twenty sixteen I didn't hate after No. I hated the reboot in twenty sixteen. But email cast, I thought Afterlife was good. I wasn't expecting to like it.
Speaker 1: It was like, you bought it.
Speaker 3: It's good and it's dude, I don't care what you say. You have to love Paul Rudd like.
Speaker 1: Like I wish I would have. I wish I would have cast someone else to play the mom.
Speaker 3: I think I don't even know who she is.
Speaker 1: It perfectly they were.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's funny too because the kid from Stranger Things they had a Ghostbusters I don't remember what she's in a Stranger Things where he's where they're doing the Ghostbusters Halloween costume. Right then he gets to be in the movie goes the sequel. It's technically a sequel, right, yeah, it is. The other ones are the other ones are reboot because there there's no original Ghostbusters in that universe. They're the first, and they get Chris Himsworth to be the secretary.
Speaker 1: It's stupid. It's too stupid to be an enjoyable movie.
Speaker 3: It's the example of instead of us making our own ship, let's just redo stuff men did, even though we think we're better, Like that's what.
Speaker 1: I and it wasn't better at all. It was garbage.
Speaker 3: It wasn't worth finishing as far as I'm concerned. Like everybody's like, oh, it's okay anyway. Sorry. So Afterlife though, yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: So for me, it goes Ghostbusters. Ghostbusters to after Life is the third installment of this timeline, right that it's great? Yeah, I hope so, I hope fucking so.
Speaker 3: I love the stay puffed in the grocery store scene over there. I love.
Speaker 1: It's set in Oklahoma.
Speaker 3: Oh is that where it's at?
Speaker 1: And being an Oklahoma I think that's extremely interesting because they find these caves and right, I was so sad. I'm not gonna even pretend that I didn't cry at the end when they brought the ghost of he Gone back. Oh, I was like.
Speaker 3: Because when did he die? Like a year was that movie made?
Speaker 1: Ye years ago? Two or three years ago? Maybe?
Speaker 3: Do you know if that movie was filmed before he died, because I think it's pretty close.
Speaker 1: I think that he was supposed to be in it, but then he died, so.
Speaker 3: They just did a hologram. They brought the other three back for that last scene.
Speaker 1: So fucking fantastic. Would a blowout?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? I always thought in the they would bring Oscar back as an adult in the in whatever sequel happens.
Speaker 1: So I got some stuff on that, but don't let me get ahead of myself here, so let's go on.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 1: The guy who played Yanu sh was this The character was originally written as like this straight laced character named Jason, but after.
Speaker 3: The actor this is the museum guy.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, the curator guy. So like after he read the script, he actually was the one who said that he thinks that Yanush should be like this flamboyant Eastern European curator guy. And so he he came up with this whole character that he he thought it should be. And after they heard him out on that they loved it, and he was like, you know what, actually Yanush should be like of Carpathian origin, which would add like a whole nother connection to him and Vigo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he's definitely got a connection with.
Speaker 1: That thing, right, and so they were like, go for it, do it all.
Speaker 3: And imagine like he he's memorable in that role the way it is.
Speaker 1: I think some of the funniest parts in that movie came from Jannis.
Speaker 3: You know, my favorite line is I don't remember which character asks him where he's from me. He's like the other of us side of us, my sister says that lie to this day, the upper US side. Actually, he's like asking what the fucking accident's all about, basically, and it's like.
Speaker 1: Where are you from anyways, Johnny, And he's like, upper US side?
Speaker 3: Aren't you going to introduce me to your friends?
Speaker 10: Sure, Peter Venkman, this is a doctor Yannishpoha, the head of our department.
Speaker 6: If I have, of course, have seen you on detailiation quite enjoy and.
Speaker 3: Not your own business, I hope, Well it's top secret. If everything you're doing is bad, I want you to know this. You'll be careful there all right know when this issfully.
Speaker 6: Well, I'll give you a rain sick.
Speaker 7: See Johnny, you gotta go again too.
Speaker 6: No, actually, I'm preparing a this port for the New Romantic Exhibition.
Speaker 3: This is Prince Rigo the roller carpet.
Speaker 6: Inda a bit of a sissy, any it was.
Speaker 3: A very powerful magician, Doctor Rinkman, and they're a genius in many ways. He was also a lunatic and a genocidal madman.
Speaker 5: I hate this painting.
Speaker 10: I felt uncomfortable ever since it came up from storage.
Speaker 7: Well, you're probably feeling with Vigo is feeling Carpathian kitten loss.
Speaker 1: He's missed his kitten.
Speaker 3: We'll just put one in here by the cats, don't Doctor Rinkling Goal?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: I think goal?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 6: Did?
Speaker 3: The joyful miss is over.
Speaker 1: He's kidding.
Speaker 3: Well, you're not going to get a green curve with that attitude.
Speaker 5: Pal.
Speaker 2: I wait, they were the vego.
Speaker 5: Ah vegle the sculpture of Oh you've told me this disc a short girls, I've heard all of this.
Speaker 3: You command me lord wow, lhip to me? What who this is a surprise?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: Hello, yes, oh I happen to be here in this neighborhood. And I thought that I would so body to see how it was, you know, because of all this blackness. We're fine, thank you? Okay, how's the A B B?
Speaker 7: Oh, he's he's okay, he's sleeping.
Speaker 3: Oh but I would okay, no, please go.
Speaker 10: You misler, he's yours.
Speaker 5: Race.
Speaker 8: Second, I have discussed from the Ghostbusters.
Speaker 7: I tell you, we're just doing Doctor RAYMONDE.
Speaker 3: We know that, Johnny, So why are you king?
Speaker 6: Well, we got to report there was a major creep in the area. We checked our list, and you were right on the top.
Speaker 7: Johnny, Where the hell are you from?
Speaker 3: Anyway? They best side. You know, I've only seen that actor in one other movie.
Speaker 1: And it's I've seen him in a couple movies.
Speaker 3: Some choice one I could I could think of that, I've seen him.
Speaker 1: Man, have you been keeping up with my show at all? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I listened to so it's I listened to it sporadically. I try to keep up with so many.
Speaker 1: I no, no, no, I was just curious because I recently did an episode with my cousin and my brother and we went to the Franklin Castle.
Speaker 3: This super hot. That one's on my cue right now. So your brother the musician, Yes, So.
Speaker 1: Oh you'll love it, Colby. So like, my brother and my cousin and I went to this super hanted place and yeah, uh we did a tour of it, but our tour guide was fucking Yanush.
Speaker 3: Did everything about him, yes.
Speaker 1: And it was like if if the kid from the Burbs that said it came with the frame and Yanush had a baby. This is the guy that was taking us on a tour, right. But like, there was so many scenes at the beginning with Dana where he's he says, do I have a bad breast or something.
Speaker 3: Or like yeah, he might be Like one of the funniest parts of that movie.
Speaker 1: Oh he is, for sure. And he goes to check on Dana after this big power outage and he's like you and she's like, I will be quiet the baby sleeping, and he's like, oh, I'm sorry, I would just everything about his character is hilarious. Now here's where it's a sinister turn? Are you ready, Colby?
Speaker 3: Always ready for a sinister turn?
Speaker 1: Now? The role of Dana's son, Oscar was played by newborn twins.
Speaker 3: Of course, that's common because of the laws with how how long they can be Mary.
Speaker 1: Kate Nashley and Full house kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Right, the big daddy kid.
Speaker 1: He's twins now, are you ready? It was played by Hank and William Duchendorphin.
Speaker 3: No fucking way. So this is John Denver's relatives.
Speaker 1: The nephews of folk singer John.
Speaker 3: I only know about John Dukesendorphin from the fucking episode we did about Laurel Canyon together. I didn't know that was his fucking surname. Boom, that is John, So is it his It's got to be his brother's kids then, yes, his brothers, and they named Hank and William Hank.
Speaker 1: And William Dutchendorphin.
Speaker 3: That is a find. That is a fine right.
Speaker 1: There, listen to this shit. Tragically, Hank struggled with severe mental illness. He was diagnosed with DD schizophrenic disorder, bipolar and anxiety attacks, which ultimately led to him taking his own life at age twenty nine in twoenty seventeen. And since his brother's death, William Dutchendorphin has worked extensively to promote awareness of mental health issues and suicide prevention. First off, we got twins, John Denver, like the whole connection d D. So we're talking about MK ultra on.
Speaker 3: These hits, gimme the fucking family is enough for me to even like entertain that idea. But the fact that he's disassociating, he's schizophrenic, and he was in the movies when he was fucking not even old enough to walk.
Speaker 1: Ghostbusters Part two, Oh, I.
Speaker 3: Didn't think they're gonna get dark Ghostbusters?
Speaker 1: Oh shit like that is absolutely mind blowing.
Speaker 3: So did Ivan Rightman produce the second Ghostbusters? I know he produced the first one. He yes, he did the Pet Hank Show production. Mm hmm, that's that's too bad. I didn't want this to have any of that kind of stuff in it, But apparently you can't fucking touch a mainstream movie without some kind of twisted little thing like this or this was Hank or William.
Speaker 1: So Hank and William started the movie, but Hank was the one who killed himself.
Speaker 3: Pour one out for Hank right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's take a cheers right here, clinky clink, cheers.
Speaker 3: You will not be forgotten, Hank.
Speaker 1: Duchendorphin. So, along with the more sinister ties, I've done a lot of research on the nepheline.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: A lot of the fairy folklore comes from nepheline and like they were really real and they're considered fairies. But that was just like a bloodline of nepheline. Yes, same thing, same thing. And Dan Aykroyd actually wrote the script for Ghostbusters Too to take place in Scotland and he wanted them to be hunting subterranean fairy folk.
Speaker 3: You know, he never gets his way. His first was like, hey, back when you got two hundred million dollars, Dan, I know, right?
Speaker 1: Do you remember the soundtrack for Ghostbusters Too?
Speaker 3: Is it as iconic as the first one?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because there's that song by Bobby Brown and it's on Our Way or something like that, or like on Our on Our Ow. I'm like trying to remember the title and I just can't. But it's it's the song that says, wake up, wake up, wake up. You know that song. I really wanted to actually put that as part of my intro. I was gonna make a new intro and include that song as part of it, but it just was really long and I couldn't find the perfect segment to include it into the intro. But that song is like a conspiracy theorist in a nutshell, and I love that song. It was actually on number one outside of the movie for a couple of weeks because it was just such a catchy song, but along the same kind of like Sinister Taste in Our Mouth, which I don't want to spend too much time on it. But we've got to talk about everything. The Vigo the Carpathian in the painting, Uh.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 1: The full name of the character in the movie was Vigo von Homburg Duchendorphin. What they included What the fuck they included the louse name wow, into the characters name.
Speaker 3: That's weird.
Speaker 1: You can google it.
Speaker 3: I believe it. I just think it's weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Vigo the Carpathian, like, the full name is Vigo von Homberg Duchendorphin.
Speaker 3: So does John Denver, besides having nephews in this movie, have anything to do with the movie.
Speaker 1: No, not really, other than his last name and his nephews.
Speaker 3: But it's just that's not like a common name. Maybe it is in Germany. Yeah, but what if it's like Anderson in Germany or some shit.
Speaker 1: No, come on, dude, I've.
Speaker 3: Never heard it. Yeah, that's pretty I've never been to Germany either, but you know, but so this.
Speaker 1: Is the Scourge of Carpathia, the Sorrow of Maldavia, and this character in the movie history would remember as a powerful magician, an intelligent genius, but also an oppressive tyrant and egotistical aristocrat, a psychopathic lunatic, a genocidal madman, and his titles also included Vigo the Crew we Go, The Torturer we Go, The Despise we Go, the Unholy Right. Uh, bankman says, wasn't. He also remembered as Vigo the Butcher.
Speaker 3: I know that far, it's I can't. I can't. I can't wrap my mind around this duchendorphin thing because he's literally trying to put himself into the body of this kid the twins.
Speaker 1: And then one goes on to murder himself later in life.
Speaker 12: Okay, Colby, now this this Vigo the Carpathian character was the final boss in the video games that were based on The Ghostbusters two and he was like the main antagonist in the adventure and in the game.
Speaker 1: To defeat his defenses and approach him, the players had to utilize effigies of the tin Man, Scarecrow, and Cowardly Lyon from The Wizard of Oz and in the original cut of Ghostbusters two, when Vigo's painting melts, the Ghostbusters are shown as the Wizard of Oz characters.
Speaker 3: That's interesting, a little Wizard of Oz ty in.
Speaker 1: So now we have in the original script then being in Scotland defeating fairy folk with John Denver's nephews and turning into Wizard of Oz characters and the goddamn Ghostbusters two. Can I get a holl.
Speaker 3: H I was gonna watch this epe because so I told Julia before we started recording that I thought I was gonna have time because I watched Ghostbusters one two nights ago. I was gonna watch Ghostbusters two right before we recorded, but it ended up getting my time wrong. So I haven't watched this movie like five years at least. So now that you've told me all this shit, I'm gonna watch this tonight and I might get possessed. I don't fucking know.
Speaker 1: If you do. Just text me so I can say some prayers.
Speaker 3: For you, Okay, I will thank you.
Speaker 1: What do you think about all that? Though?
Speaker 3: Like I mean, I didn't think that this episode was going to go down that path because I didn't know any of this stuff. And that's it's tripping me out, like I. You know, a lot of people that do conspiracy kind of stay away from the fantastical stuff and they just want. But I love the paranormal ethereal elements of it, and Hollywood has become one of my because I used to want. Like I moved to Hollywood right after I graduated high school. I was going to be a screenwriter, and I ended up going to film school in Arizona instead because it didn't work out in la And that place creeped me the fuck out. And if I would have known back then everything I owned now, I wouldn't even gone there. But having been there and having walked Hollywood Boulevard and Vine and all that stuff, I never did go to Laurel Canyon. I wish I would have, But uh, there's something about that place. And now every fucking innocent movie from Ghostbusters two on has some kind of weird ass tie to this shit.
Speaker 1: And it's only for like those who have the eyes to see, because on surface level, it's just a comedy. But then you dig a little deeper and it's like, why are John Denver's nephews in this movie? Like, of all the kids you could have chosen why.
Speaker 3: Them and it just needed some twins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, if I'm gonna rate one to ten slimers, Ghostbusters Part one gets ten slimers, Ghostbusters Part two gets eight slimers, and Ghostbusters Afterlife gets ten slimers.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, you liked the third one that much? Okay, I'm gonna go ten slammers for the original. I'm gonna go I'm gonna give you a davy wavy number, and I'm gonna go six and a half on Ghostbusters.
Speaker 1: Two and zero point five slid six.
Speaker 3: Point three three, and I'm gonna give After Life eight because I was expecting a four. And it blew my mind because they who wrote that script? Do you know?
Speaker 1: Off the top of your head, I can google it.
Speaker 3: It wasn't dan Akrod, I don't know, but whoever did it? They focused on this little girl who is the clearly on the spectrum grandchild of Egon, and she did such a good job. And I love that they have a character named podcast.
Speaker 1: You know that that is the best edition they could have possibly done, is include a podcast.
Speaker 3: I was watching this with a group of friends when it first came out and they said podcast. They called that, and everybody just looked at me like because I'm the podcaster in my friend group, and I'm like, yeah, that's me.
Speaker 1: Would you know what Colby, just to tie in, like with what you were saying earlier, he was a conspiracy theorist. He was a paranormal.
Speaker 3: He was me like, that's why everybody looked at me like that because and he's always recording.
Speaker 5: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: He was like say that into the microphone, and he talked about what lizard people beyonceay like all. I was like, how did they even? How is this even in this movie?
Speaker 3: It's such a pros it held true. I mean, if they would have, like, let Kate McKinnon and Melissa McCarthy write it.
Speaker 1: Jason Reitman, he wrote it, yep.
Speaker 3: So he's a little punk ass bitch from this oh man.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: I love that scene because you can tell, like we to harken back to that scene in the car where they're discussing the end times, you can tell that Ray and Winston kind of had bonded throughout the five years. They're like best buds, I know.
Speaker 1: And then it picks back up with that in Ghostbusters. Dude, do you remember the scene? Do you remember the scene where they're like in the underground tunnels under New York and they're like calling out names or whatever, and then the train, the ghost train comes and it passes through Winston and he's.
Speaker 3: Like, it reminds me of the Slammer scene from the first one, where.
Speaker 1: He's like, ah, Winston got better scenes and ghost Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think they really made up for shafting him in the first one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: And Ernie Hudson's gone on to do such great things too.
Speaker 1: I loved his character because he was like the proverbial like whatever you say, uh kind of you know, go with the flow, but also like fuck you white guys, like I'm not doing that. But at the same time he's like, I'll do it.
Speaker 3: Oh when what you just reminded me of one of my favorite lines that he says in the first one when they're talking to the mayor and he's like, since I joined these guys, I've seen ship that will turn you white.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: It's just like and as a little kid, I thought it meant that the blood left your face, But you know, I think I messed right.
Speaker 1: There was a scene in the second one. I talked about this a little bit on my Patreon because something really weird happened to me, like a couple weeks ago. But there's a scene in Ghostbusters Too where they're trying to drill down to the river of slime and Egon's like with.
Speaker 3: The cuts where they're wearing the hard hats and the construction yeah.
Speaker 1: And the cops stopping him and they're like, why are you cutting? And he's like, oh, I don't know. Yeah, He's like, what do you mean what I'm my cut? And so, like a couple of weeks ago, and I told Davey Wavy about this. I don't know if he told you or not, but like, I had this weird thing happen to me where I was watching Ghostbusters Too, and it was right at that scene where they're doing the cutting, and I was like laughing. And you know, when you watch something that you've watched a million times for some reason, it's easier for you to like go to sleep one the other night. Yeah, it's just it's just relaxing and you're just kind of going along with the flow. And it was right at that scene and I fell asleep and then I remember I woke up and the TV was off and it was completely dark in my room, and I swear to God, like I had like this whole conversation with my husband, and then I kind of rolled over and I saw him come in from the hallway into the bedroom, into the bathroom, and I clicked on my lamp on the side of my bed, and it turned out that he was in the bathroom the whole time. And he swears to God that I was super high and I imagined the whole thing. But I'm telling you, a five milligram weed gummy does not cause hallucinations like I had.
Speaker 3: No, You're no like stranger to the edibles, right.
Speaker 1: No, that's the thing. Koby is, Like I had a whole conversation with him and he and then I saw him come in and I was like, are you trying to scare me? And then I look over in the bed and like the blanket is perfectly straight, and like nobody's been in the bed on his side. And he told me that I was so high. I was imagining it. And I said, I've taken weed gummies every night for the last like six months, and I wasn't hallucinating. I promise you, I wasn't so high that I imagined it, and he thinks I was dreaming or sleeping or whatever. But it was during Ghostbusters too, and I fell asleep during that scene where they were like doing the cutting or whatever. And now that I know all the shit about it's a cursed movie, right, like the freaking that one that killed John Candy. Maybe it's cursed.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I'm gonna watch it tonight and see if anything weird happens to me, because you have to look for this watch it. Yeah, I'll take notes as if we haven't done this yet and tell you if I've noticed anything we didn't talk about. But I just I really it just takes me back to my childhood. But now that I know Ghostbusters two has this element to it, it's kind of creepy.
Speaker 1: And something else that I wanted to mention that I didn't even put in my notes. I don't know why I didn't put it in my notes. But do you remember the beginning of Ghostbusters too? Peter Vankman's is now the host of a time.
Speaker 3: I actually watched that scene last night because they I was just scrolling through YouTube and they have the first ten minutes for free. That is to me equally as good as the cards the esp experiment from the first one because when he's like talking to the guy, he's like giving them shit, like, well, your book sales are really going to suffer if the fucking world ends this New Year's dick. When he's talking to her, she's like, well, she's such a cool little carrict like she's so mousey, and just like yeah, this alien in a bar took me to his hotel room and he said, it's Valentine's Day? What was it twenty sixteen?
Speaker 1: That's when he told you at the end of the World's Day, bummer. So you're you're alien had a room at the holiday inn paramus. I don't know if it was a room or if it was a room on the spaceship mates look like a room at the holiday but and it's like so it's just like so iconic. He's just like shit talking like right to their faces, like okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd say it's it's safe to say Peter found his niche little paranormal fucking talk show where he can just talk shit to the guests.
Speaker 1: But it goes back to the first one because when he's in Dana's apartment, she goes, you don't remind me of a scientist. You're more like you're more like.
Speaker 3: A talk show game she says, game.
Speaker 1: Show, game show host.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that is a good connection. I never thought of that.
Speaker 1: But think of like this speech he gives at the end, like when he's wrapping up his episode, he said, yeah, that's the thing with aliens. You know, you need a nice one every now and again, et starman, But most of the time they turn out just to be a big lizard.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: He included a lizard person like right there at the end.
Speaker 3: You know. And they're so ahead of their time with these references. There's something that I took a note on from the first one that we didn't talk about, where h Dana's reading a magazine and she's like, yeah, you know, you should really look into this, and he's like, print is dead. He said that in nineteen eighty four. Print is dead. This is before the fucking internet. E Egan was ahead of his time.
Speaker 1: And that's when she was like, Oh, I do racketball, and it's like, what are you into it? I collect mold spores and funning.
Speaker 3: Or four hundred in quotes on.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's so many scenes that it's like impossible to cover everything just in one episode. I think that we killed it though. I mean, that's that's the basis of Ghostbusters.
Speaker 3: I would ask you something about the second Yeah, yeah, yeah, what is your theory on the pink slime? What do you think about it? Is that like a reference to something.
Speaker 1: Because it reacts to the emotions. I think that it could be based in something real because it's a psychoactive slime, is what they say? Yeah, and think about that. They win in the end because they positively charge the slime, which there's this whole Lady Liberty connection back to, like why the fuck did they choose to do that? But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I forgot about that. They get the statue of Liberty to walk that is. Yes, I'm just I'm definitely gonna watch this movie tonight. Duschendorfin come and get me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They put it into a toaster and then they play music and it like pops all around the table.
Speaker 3: You remember that. I'm just remembering how much I loved the second movie. I said six ' five. If I change my answer on that, I'll let you. I said six point three to three. In the end, but I'll let you know if I change it, because that fucking toaster scene where they put the music on and it starts dancing.
Speaker 1: I think he will. I think You're gonna change your rating because there's that courtroom scene I was talking about earlier with the brothers and uh, he said some really iconic stuff, and I'll probably include some quotes from that scene in this episode.
Speaker 9: I'll ask you again, doctor Bankman, why were you digging the hall? And please remember your under oath.
Speaker 6: There are some things in this world that go way beyond and understanding, things that cannot be explained, things.
Speaker 10: That most people don't want to know about.
Speaker 7: That is where we come in.
Speaker 9: So what you're saying is that the world of the supernatural is your exclusive province, Kitten.
Speaker 7: I think what I'm saying is that sometimes shit happens, someone has to deal with it, and who are you gonna call?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: When they turn on their accelerator packs for the first time in five years, they click him on individually, right, and he's like.
Speaker 3: H Ray, yeah, because Ray gets like a smile on his face when he gets to say his own name. I forgot about that too, But as.
Speaker 1: Soon as you think about it, goal eight slimers.
Speaker 3: At least give me, Julia. I will get back to you on my revised rating if there is one after I watch it again, because I'm remembering now all these references you're making that it is not exactly a remake of the first one in the second and third act, It's definitely got some yeah, but that's okay. Sequels are kind of like that sometimes, right. I mean it was supposed to be set in Scotland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which I think would have been really interesting.
Speaker 3: You know, Ivan, rightman, This is another little trivia fact. When Dana is possessed, which is also so the cards in the beginning is my favorite scene in that movie. But the scene where he is walked into her apartment when she's possessed, the whole interaction is like, She's like, I want you inside of me. He's like, well, you know, there's already at least two people in there. I don't know if there's room. And uh so everybody thinks Veigman is so creepy, and it's like, dude, he had a chance to quote unquote date rape this chick, But why did he have Thorsian on him?
Speaker 1: Because he's a psychonic truth straight.
Speaker 3: No, he's a psychologist. If he was a psychiatrist, I would get that. Oh, like a lot of people are like. So I did listen to some podcasts to see what other people had to say about it, and one guy was like, you'd only bring Thorizine on a date if you had ill intentions. Like yeah, but he had the chance, and I love it. You know, he's not even freaked out with when uh there is no Dana. There is as like, what a lovely singing voice you must have, but you know whose voice that is? Of possessed Dana. Oh that's Ivan rightman doing that? Dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see, it's like I get it. It was low budget, so they only had so much to work.
Speaker 3: With, but he knew what he wanted to, Like, he kind of probably just had it and he probably had some kind of like one of those things you talking too, and he made it. It sounds fucking great.
Speaker 1: Yep, there is no Dana, only.
Speaker 3: Zoo you know. Oh here's another tidbit about that part. So to Gourney Weaver, when she auditioned for what's her name.
Speaker 1: Dana?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I called the wrong person Dana earlier when I was talking about Janine. Anyway, Dana. So when she auditioned for Dana, she went in there, she didn't say any words, she didn't read the audition that they gave her. She just fucking got on her hands and knees and started acting like a dog. She wanted this role so bad that she was like, how can I stand out? She and she's fresh off Alien at this point, because I think the original Alien was seventy nine. I think, so that's fiber.
Speaker 1: But that ties back to my last breakdown where we talked about Sigourney Weaver and all the Alien movies, and it's like she always gets involved in like.
Speaker 3: The one you did with Drew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, this part so bad like a dog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I bet you I haven't just I could do. Let's just give her the role. Shit, she went beyond and that's kind of the reaction she was going for. Probably, But but so Colby, Julia.
Speaker 1: Can you tell the listeners where they can find more of your content? What it is you cover on your show and what it is that you have going on.
Speaker 3: You know, for the main show is conspiracy Playtime And if you just do that all one word conspiracy playtime dot com, that'll take you to our website where if our episodes have been removed from YouTube, you'll get directed to Rumble and that show. What we always said from the beginning was we cover anything conspiratorial, paranormal, metaphysical. We even edge into true crime at times. One of our best episodes is the Franklin Scandal episode that got taken down on YouTube a year and a half after we posted it, oddly enough. I also have a show called Disinfobation, which is just a weekly show where a friend of Dusty at you truth ca on Twitter. He and I get together and just talk shit about current events and we talk as much nasty shit about politicians, Hollywood, just all the bullshit. You know. It's just like we're court gesters who are usually I'm pretty drunk in that one, and he's he's a veteran, he's jaded, he knows what's going on, he's seen it firsthand. So yeah, those are where you can find me. And I would also, since I'm going to post this as a bonus on my feed, if you could like plug your shit too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you for that. So of course, I'm Julia. I'm the host of the Cosmic Peach podcast and I cover pretty much what Colby said, like, you know, we do conspiracy, paranormal, supernatural stuff, mysteries, and I dabble into the true crime, but only if there's a conspiracy involved, like the Franklin cover up, which actually goes hand in hand with Johnny Gosh.
Speaker 3: And that episode of Yours made me decide that I'm going to do your Patreon because I have to listen to the rest of that.
Speaker 1: Man. I found some shit with that Johnny Gosh stuff that will just change the all.
Speaker 3: For the patriot part too, because I have to. I know, I know it's it's genius. And you know what, I quit Patreon. I used to have three people I subscribed to, but after they kicked off James Corbett and Whitney Webb, I did a boycott. But you're gonna bring me back into the Patreon fold.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you what, man, I got to take care of the patrons first, because they're what helps me get new equipment.
Speaker 3: Do all the things really awesome that you do, that two three seven thing, that's a good hook, Like if I didn't have access to you as a fellow podcaster, I'd be intrigued enough to do it. So that's what let me tell.
Speaker 1: You something, Colby. If you sign up for the Patreon right now, there's free gift that you will want to have you So if you were ever gonna do it, now's the time because.
Speaker 3: I got a free How long is this deal? Because I get paid in two weeks.
Speaker 1: While supplies last, but I will put one aside risk it.
Speaker 3: I'll wait until it's gonna be the first week of July.
Speaker 1: Since well, since you helped me with this episode, I'll put one aside for you and I'll give you more details after we're done recording. But it is a Patreon exclusive gift, just to say thank you for everyone who's supporting the show. And the Patreon is really just so I don't get full episodes removed. If I can put half of the episode on and save the rest for Patreon, I know nothing will ever happen to it. And that's that's just, you know, one of the pluses. But thank you for joining me.
Speaker 3: Thank you for inviting me when you told me because I know you're a big horror movie fan. When you told me it was Ghostbusters you want to cover, I was elated, just because it's one of my favorite movies of all time.
Speaker 1: Oh me to talk about an eighties classic. But as a concluding question, Colby, if there's something strange in your neighborhood, who are you gonna call Bill Murray?
Speaker 3: Here's my top two? Of course, it's The Ghostbusters Goes Bust. Bill Murray is my spirit animal, though after rewatching it recently, I just keep coming back.
Speaker 1: To that, like mine is Jennine Melman.
Speaker 3: Oh you go see you and I would have some odd interactions then like hey, right, Julia type something, Well, you were paying you for this, But he is such He's so dry and sarcastic, and I feel like maybe he had some kind of influence on me after watching it so many times as a kid.
Speaker 1: That's okay because he's iconic, and uh, as long as it's not the character from What About Bob, I'm cool with us.
Speaker 11: But thank you so much, and to all my listeners, thank you, and we will catch you on the next one.
Speaker 3: On