Speaker 1: It's time for our nine news nuggets.
Speaker 2: You need to know stories that kind of fell through the cracks, because you know there's a lot else, a lot of other stuff going on.
Speaker 3: I totally ps still picture Renee on that lounge in some sort of kaftan with a cocktail.
Speaker 1: For martiniz Deep. Yes, here's our Honorable Mention.
Speaker 2: Honorable Mention not supposed to mention when.
Speaker 1: Men, it's been an honor serving with you.
Speaker 3: A.
Speaker 2: Great and honorable most is So today we're holding auditions to become the newest member of Honorable Mention. And it almost feels like any time you sign up for a big festival slash events, burning Man, fire Festival, something, it's going to end up underwhelming.
Speaker 1: In this case, did.
Speaker 3: The fire Festival of book talk?
Speaker 2: In this case, people traveled to Baltimore thousands of dollars, some of them paid for an event advertised as a romantic book convention.
Speaker 3: Who do you think is going to show up at this? What are you expecting? Are you expecting this to be like when all of the Hunger Games fans descended on La Live to you know what I mean? Like where you're with a bunch of like minded people and you can talk about the fans stuff and all of that, because when I think of romantic fantasy books, those are books. It's kind of like when I went to go see Fifty Shades of Gray in the movie theater, like in the middle of the day before anchoring the John and Ken show. The whole thing, that whole sentence should be flushed, but it happened, and I thought to myself, why am I watching this movie? This like softcore porn with strangers in Burbank at ten am.
Speaker 2: Out of the day, right, just at least wait until after four, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I understand some sort of like fan groups where you'd want to be the Star Wars or whatever. But when you're talking about romance, do you really want to be with a bunch of other people read the same sex scenes that you did? I don't know, Maybe you do.
Speaker 1: Maybe you do.
Speaker 2: In this case, very few people showed up. These were mostly books sellers, like authors that were self publishing these romanticy books, and they said that they had very few customers, so they were upset.
Speaker 3: Number nine.
Speaker 1: Number nine I did n.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my goodness, you get spicy languages. I feel scared for her unborn children in there, Oh.
Speaker 2: My gosh, guy in Chicago, owner of a South Side property on the market to be sold. But when one of the realtors walked by, there were already people inside and Marco Alaskaz, the owner, could not figure out how Chermaine and Cadoro moved in, claiming that they had recently purchased the property. They were squatters taking advantage of this thing, he said. The couple showed him, at least showed the police a mortgage document. Cook County, of course, confirmed they did not have any sort of mortgage on record, so they were squatters trying to take over this thing.
Speaker 1: So what did Marco do? He moved in with.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna say, Chermaine and Cordero sound like a good time, Marco, You'll go through life with Schermain and Cadero is your name and not be fun. You just don't. Does anybody know a mean or a difficult Chermain.
Speaker 2: Marco called a couple of friends and they moved in basically and stayed the night with the squatters. We stayed in the living room watching the door. They stayed in one of the bedrooms. We stayed the whole night. The next morning he realized that Chrmaine and Cardero were not going to move, and he's they told him, we want eight grand of what.
Speaker 1: We paid so we can leave your property.
Speaker 2: They eventually signed a cash for key agreement as common as it is, and paid them forty three hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: To Waters are so emboldened these days and with the law behind them in many cases. Number number eight, or as Keanu would say.
Speaker 1: Our client is bold.
Speaker 3: Every eight second listening to eight different bosses drawn on about mission statements.
Speaker 1: He.
Speaker 3: Sometimes we fall on hard times, Okay, Sometimes we don't have all the money we need to buy our drugs. Sometimes we have to borrow the drugs, and then sometimes we can't pay the money back for the drugs. So in those cases, sometimes an eight hundred pound rare historic cannon presents itself and you swipe it, and you swipe it, and you bring it to your dealer and you're like, hey, I've got this piece of war history from Kansas. Can I give you this concrete cannon in exchange for wiping out my drug? It seems plausible to me. Hey, you've been up for four weeks.
Speaker 2: Here's the most implausible, the most implausible thing you said, concrete cannon.
Speaker 3: I would assume it's concrete.
Speaker 1: No, No, it's metal. He's selling the metal for scrap.
Speaker 3: Oh he's not selling it for historical value.
Speaker 1: No, no, that's why I pieced it. That's why.
Speaker 2: The most unlikely aspect of this story is the guy's name is Gordon Pierce the Third. Do you know anybody with the third after their name that owes a cocaine dealer a lot of money?
Speaker 3: No, because they have enough money to pay their dealers.
Speaker 1: It's the third.
Speaker 3: Do you know anybody named the third who doesn't do cocaine? No?
Speaker 1: Yes, my brother in law. Oh he's a third.
Speaker 3: You don't know him that well, Brocaine?
Speaker 1: Seven years of college, don't it?
Speaker 3: Seven seven seven seven days?
Speaker 1: This sounds like a Cheech and Chong movie.
Speaker 2: It does twenty five thousand people who live in I'm gonna pronounce it wrong. Lice, a town in Turkey, involuntarily got high after their police force burned tens of tons of seized cannabis in the center of the town. This the whole thing was to burn over twenty tons of confiscated cannabis. That, of course, caused the air in the town to become thick with the weed. Smoke people for five days. People couldn't leave their windows open and had to avoid going out.
Speaker 3: Why would they waste all that pot?
Speaker 4: Because it's not legal in Turkey, so it's legal other places. You sell it to the other places where it's legal. Just export it or just sell it in the black market. No need to burn it, waste not, want not.
Speaker 1: Here's number six. I got six, you got six? Give six, number six. There's six more weeks of water?
Speaker 3: What you picture of me?
Speaker 1: A rabbi and six drunk and longshomny We just dig you in a nursing home. Closure to ask. I don't have to.
Speaker 3: Drink another So TikTok's latest trend has students setting their chrome books on fire. As you can imagine, this has resulted in school evacuations safety warnings across the country. It's known as the chrome book challenge. What a rich kid thing, well a rich school thing definitely had. So many schools now use chromebooks and hand them out to the kids.
Speaker 1: Wow that if you if.
Speaker 2: You give a kid something that is that valuable without them having any idea of how valuable it is, they're going to blow it up because they're dumb.
Speaker 1: We're all dumb. We all did stupid stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Remember yesterday when the fire department was here and I said, is it finally on fire? And they just looked at me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And they took your picture without you knowing, and they're going to keep it on file. So anytime there is an arson or suspicious fire anywhere within a twenty block radius of this place, they're going to be calling.
Speaker 3: The calling what the fire department.
Speaker 1: No, they're going to be calling the movie that's white bro.
Speaker 3: The fire department rarely rats you out to the cops. It's a little fun fact.
Speaker 1: They could call me, I would write you out.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, you would rat out a freaking ham sandwich. You see. John got a ham sandwich from Jersey Mikes. I love Jersey Mikes. And you know how when your kids were little and you'd make them a sandwich and you'd put one piece of bologney in there because that was that's how they like their sandwich. Right, Sure, you wouldn't. You wouldn't make like a Deli sandwich for them and put a bunch of meat in.
Speaker 1: There, fold up the meat, right Yeah, No, no.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't do that because they're five. John also takes out all of the meat of this sandwich and just has like a couple slices in there of ham.
Speaker 1: Like you tell them they're making it that you don't want that much.
Speaker 3: Here, because then you'd have to be embarrassed in front of everyone in line of the Jersey Mike's But he took all the ham out. He had like just a couple of slices of ham in there. I said, what's going on with all that ham? So I don't like a lot of ham on my sandwich. It looked perfectly good. I almost eat the ham, to be honest, but I'm full I would have eaten that ham.
Speaker 1: What color was the hand?
Speaker 4: It was?
Speaker 3: That's white, bro It was a beautiful shade of ham.
Speaker 1: It's number five is not a color. We begin bombing in five minutes. Five, little monee, this is the year five point five. Five would me a favorite? Loose five pounds immediately.
Speaker 3: And it's thin slice too.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good.
Speaker 3: I love a thin sliced piece of ham.
Speaker 2: Man known to throw cans of food and other items around a Florida neighborhood in Port Charlotte, has been arrested and neighbor said he threw canned corn through her window. She was outside when she heard the sound of glass breaking, turned toward the noise and found that one of her neighbors, a guy named Erez Centerville, was running into another neighbor's yard and back toward his home. The front window in her house else was broken at the top and something had been thrown through.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing. It wasn't just the Delmanti can of corn. This person also threw a bottle of urine. Oh, which it's hard to explain, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Bottles of urine, glass plates, chunks of metal, and raw meat. It's a good thing he doesn't he doesn't come here ham apparently laying out in the desk.
Speaker 3: Or remember that challenge of throwing cheese at each other's faces. I should have done that with the ham. I should have come in here with John's ham and just thrown it at your face.
Speaker 1: Idea, here's number four. More minute. It's probably on his fourth tranquilizer by now number four.
Speaker 3: This isn't the same world he left four years ago. Oh, this is awful. So everybody knows. Well, let's not go down that road. There was a mom who suffered a ridiculously horrific allergic reaction living in an apartment that had molded in it. We all have been victim to mold in various parts, right, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, we could do it like this if you want.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm sorry, Oh let's do it.
Speaker 1: I apologize mold, Joanna Hayes.
Speaker 3: I could stop right there and it will just be at tease.
Speaker 1: No, it's too late.
Speaker 2: They said that this rash that that this mom and her daughter suffered was because of the state of their house.
Speaker 3: The mushrooms in the mold. Did you see the rashes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, black spores and the mushrooms.
Speaker 1: Look at that. Look at the mold that's growing in there, and they can't figure it out.
Speaker 3: I knew this would further inflame your distaste of mushrooms. And it has number three.
Speaker 2: Sorry, we shall be the number count and the number of the counting shall be three.
Speaker 1: Were dead within three hours.
Speaker 2: Three security clearance level three.
Speaker 1: All three of three. I got all three of you guys, for the rest of your name born live. After about three days, they both started to stink.
Speaker 2: Guy set his house on fire Northumberland in UK, A guy named James Brown, but different James Brown was more captivated captivated by firefighters than by the flames themselves.
Speaker 3: James Brown is dead.
Speaker 2: Well, not this one. This one's only twenty six years old. A lot of people dream of becoming firefighters, so he h. Let's say, I don't know why he was fascinated with firefighters. I mean, I've seen some pretty shapely firefighters in my day. Wa maybe that's what he was doing. Back in September, there got a call emergency services. Saw sparks from an energy meter burning linen in a cabinet. They extinguished a little fire, and they even turned off the electricity supply just to be safe. About ninety minutes later, he reported yet another in fire, another fire that involved betting, but this time the electricity had already been turned off. The firefighters began to investigate and realized this guy was setting things on fire with fireworks.
Speaker 1: Here's number two. What's going on you?
Speaker 3: Two? One? Two?
Speaker 1: There's two sons and no women.
Speaker 2: You see the picture of the raccoon with a meth pipe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like this is much ado about nothing. I mean, raccoons get into everything, and why anybody would be held accountable for a raccoon who picks up a meth pipe is beyond me.
Speaker 2: I feel like raccoons are already pretty high strung.
Speaker 3: Right, They're gonna do what they're gonna do. They do not need meth, they don't need method They can't be controlled.
Speaker 2: But there is there is a picture cops took of a driver's seat when they stopped a woman and been arrested for for drug paraphernalia. This raccoon that they are calling chewy because now you can see him with this crackpipe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was holding a meth pipe and she has been arrested.
Speaker 2: Well for the drugs, not for having a raccoon with a meth pipe, I hope not. Here's number one weird number one?
Speaker 1: Number one were number one?
Speaker 3: Ben?
Speaker 1: I decided to look out for number one? Are you the number one row?
Speaker 3: Number one? This is a nice animal. It doesn't involve meth at all. No.
Speaker 2: There was a big gray draft horse named Arthur a few years ago was spooked by a guy yelling and opening an umbrella in Central Park and he ran off and he crashed into a couple of cars while towing Three tourists in the carriage crashed into a couple of parked cars. Passengers had minor injuries. The carriage was crumpled the cars had significant damage. Arthur the horse became something of a poster boy for Animal Act at a poster pony. But he has been living out his days at a horse sanctuary in Massachusetts. So they didn't put him down, thankfully. And I don't know what color of horse he was.
Speaker 3: That's white broo. Okay, all right, that can die with excess face right. No, we're gonna kill those things over the weekend. You know, that's not how they bury them. It's not how this show works.
Speaker 2: Reminder our news and Bruises coming up in Lancaster, a bravery brewing to kick off Memorial Day weekend Friday the twenty third, doing the whole show out there coming.
Speaker 3: How come you don't say stupid things? I do.
Speaker 2: I just say them quietly, and I sometimes you're not paying attention to when I say them.
Speaker 3: Me. I'm always listening. What John Cobalt show coming up next? We will see you on Monday.
Speaker 1: Stay drive.
Speaker 3: We didn't even do the thing?
Speaker 1: What thing?
Speaker 3: The thing?
Speaker 1: We will? Okay? Yeah, stay dry, everybody.
Speaker 3: Blessings