Speaker 1: That widow kid Nick Door is really a fool to check that big pie in the wind to cool.
Speaker 2: I tell you he gonna mission.
Speaker 1: I tell you by George, And you won't know what your mission if you don't see nord.
Speaker 3: Radscribe from Hollywood.
Speaker 4: Norge Division at pork Warner, manufacturers of America's most modern automatic and conventional washers, gas and electric ranges and water heaters originators, and world's largest manufacturers of self defrosting refrigerators. Norge presents The Red Skelton Show with Red Skelton, David Rosney's Orchestral Marine Cattle, Pat McKee and Dick Ryan, and the Smith Twins will be me Rod O'Connor now the star of our program, Red Skelton, Thank you.
Speaker 5: Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. Hi you Rod Hi. You notice they all start out the same way.
Speaker 4: Hey, Red, Those are some terrific pictures of you and Georgia and Richard and Valentina in this week's copy of Look Magazine. Yeah, the next two issues of Look Magazine are all about me. Of course they did have to put Marilyn Monroe on the cover.
Speaker 5: Well, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 3: I got a bone to pick with you.
Speaker 6: Good if there's any meat on, if there's nothing like good materials.
Speaker 3: You're right, And I think we should have left that joke in. What joke? One of them over are so good at rehearsal?
Speaker 5: Or you mean your joke?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Why did you delete it? Well?
Speaker 5: I have to admit that I am hot with my alibum.
Speaker 3: Why you're afraid I'll get a laugh?
Speaker 5: I wish you hadn't said that ride. Why it's the truth?
Speaker 3: You know, comedians and other shows let there announce, just get away.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what happens.
Speaker 6: The networks are now looking for the commercials in their comedians.
Speaker 5: You know have do you notice what happens the radio?
Speaker 6: A bandleader or a singer gets a laugh one week and the next week they got their own show.
Speaker 3: That the world wants to laugh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it'd be all right if it just left off there.
Speaker 6: But now the sponsors are looking for a guy that can sing and tell jokes, and then that'll fit into their advertising campaign too, that it.
Speaker 4: Would be truthful. I can see what your comics have plenty to be afraid of.
Speaker 6: Oh, yes we do, but we're not going to be afraid. Long boy, I know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna be Red Skelting, who conducts his own orchestra, sings his own funny.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think it'll work, you know, No, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't care. From now on, our program is going to sound like this.
Speaker 6: From Hollywood, The Red Skelton Program starring Red Skelton, ar comedian, and our me, the singing star, Me, my announcer, Me, my thirty eighth fiecet orchestra will be played by me and conducted by me.
Speaker 3: Now you will hear from me.
Speaker 5: I will sing me Now, I like that.
Speaker 3: Well, don't ask me.
Speaker 4: Read.
Speaker 3: I used to work in a glue factory in my nose can take a lot. You proud of that? You know what? I think?
Speaker 4: What you comics only have one way out. I gotta start getting jokes with feelings and new ones.
Speaker 6: Well that's the easy way out. Indeed, we can't use new jokes. Well, the radio the jokes we've been using. The comedians all of been using the same jokes for years. The audience are now just getting them. It's the comedian that's keeping the nation on his feet every time they hear an old joke.
Speaker 5: Thousands of voices they did have to ship. That tells if the audience is going to be so fickled and they want talent with their jokes, Well.
Speaker 6: I guess I'll have to go back to the job that I came out here to California to do.
Speaker 3: Oh you can't do that, Red?
Speaker 5: Why great picking season over?
Speaker 3: We can't call on Dave Roads, Dave.
Speaker 7: Last.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine woman lifting thirteen tons? Well, she does every year if she does the family washing the usual way, and thirteen tons is a conservative average. But there's a way to end that backbreaking work. It's the brand new Norge automatic washer. No water log, closed to lift, no work at all. There are other automatic washers, good ones, but I honestly believe this new Norge is the simplest, finest washer ever designed. First of all, there's the timeline, a new type of control. It's not a hard to read dial, It's a simple straight line. Just press the timeline and Norge automatically fills with.
Speaker 3: Bubbling aerated water hot or warm.
Speaker 4: And just the right amount for any load. Then it washes, rinses, spin, dries, cleans itself out and shuts itself off, all automatically. But if you want to change this Michael, that's easy because every step is right in sight.
Speaker 3: How about washability?
Speaker 4: Norge Wave agitation gets Closed cleaner by actual tests than any other washer on the market.
Speaker 3: What about rinsing?
Speaker 4: Norge gives closed five that's right, five Warm rinses the overflow type that floats out dirt.
Speaker 3: Yet it uses less water than average. And this is the payoff.
Speaker 4: The new Norge Automatic costs less than any comparable washer you can buy.
Speaker 3: Go take a look at it.
Speaker 4: You won't know what you're missing if you don't see nor. From the Scouting scrap Book of Satire, we present a story entitled Fear. Chapter one is captured. The best way out is out Willie Lovelum.
Speaker 5: Surber.
Speaker 3: Hey, wait a little servant? Yes, yes, what do you want?
Speaker 5: Quit button news?
Speaker 3: Look, I'm here to wait on you know? What do you want to or.
Speaker 5: It ohn't kill?
Speaker 3: I say no.
Speaker 5: You got any stewed chicken?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: Well bring me what the chicken has?
Speaker 3: Look at?
Speaker 5: Don't ask you again. You got any stood chickens?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 5: Give them a little black coffee. I was sober him.
Speaker 3: Look don't you think you better go home? No?
Speaker 5: I don't think so. I'm all right.
Speaker 3: Well, then get up with your knees.
Speaker 5: Quite on my knees.
Speaker 3: Yes, you are well.
Speaker 5: I thought it was funny. I could touch the floor without bending over.
Speaker 4: Look at your wife?
Speaker 3: No where you're right? Yes, he chased me in here.
Speaker 4: Why don't you go home? Hey, don't you know what home is?
Speaker 5: Yes? Home is any place I hang my wife.
Speaker 3: Are you've always been in this condition?
Speaker 5: No? I was a single one?
Speaker 3: Does that? Your wife nag.
Speaker 6: At you nag nood morning and night. All she does is nag nag, nag nadnck. He even looked like one, and he didn't mean her. Every day he's always yelling at me. She yells where have you been? Who wants you?
Speaker 5: Where are you going? And she beats me too.
Speaker 6: If this fighting keeps up, I'm liable to wake up some morning and find myself dead.
Speaker 4: Oh that that's pretty bad.
Speaker 5: I didn't care for it, myselle.
Speaker 6: That's pretty bad. That's why I've got this gun. I'm gonna beat her cold as shod. I I am going to end at all.
Speaker 3: Well, why bother to eat?
Speaker 5: Well, there's too much to go through an empty stomach. I was going to hang.
Speaker 6: Myself, but the rope was kind of dirty, and I didn't want to get my nickels.
Speaker 5: He's better.
Speaker 6: He'll cry when I'm gone, Boy, he'll be sorry. I got the old gun ready.
Speaker 4: Look, okay, you better put that gun away someplace. Look, why don't you just get down to the river and hop in?
Speaker 6: Not me, boy, I'm not jumping into that icy river. Take my desert cold.
Speaker 4: I go get you some food to eat, and then you'll feel better.
Speaker 3: I'll be right back.
Speaker 5: Okay, I keep this up.
Speaker 6: Something is down to come my way.
Speaker 5: What's that I smell?
Speaker 3: Oh that's it. That's the hash at the next table.
Speaker 6: Oh well die any wow, I'll bring you in order of.
Speaker 4: That good Now you won't need that gun.
Speaker 6: Okay, I think our counter and let myself have it right here in the rest real dramatic light one, Oh goodbye world?
Speaker 5: Who I hate my help? Go two and a half.
Speaker 3: Therer he is officer there he is?
Speaker 5: Well, but they old flatby.
Speaker 3: How are you now?
Speaker 9: What's the trouble?
Speaker 5: Well, there wasn't any time you show that.
Speaker 9: Put that gun down, cone head.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, boy, wait a minute. Are you looking for troubles? Yes?
Speaker 7: I am?
Speaker 1: Oh you are?
Speaker 5: You're really looking for trouble? Ah?
Speaker 8: Yes I am.
Speaker 5: That the way it stuck me. Can't you do a thing like this? Thank just think of your future. Who come on, I'm taking you home.
Speaker 3: Oh no you're not.
Speaker 8: Yes I am.
Speaker 3: Oh no you're not.
Speaker 5: Look at this night stick. Oh yet you are.
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 8: Come on, I'll get into this place. Card Willie, Why do you get yourself in this condition?
Speaker 5: I can't help. But my wife there is me to death.
Speaker 3: Oh what's the trouble.
Speaker 5: What does she do? Well? Everything mostly mad nags.
Speaker 8: Yeah, my wife plays the horse's too, But it doesn't scare me.
Speaker 3: You know, your wife is a good joke of saying I need to with you.
Speaker 8: Know, your wife can't be bad looking, but it must be uglier women than she is.
Speaker 5: Look, you leave. The ubangis out of there. He's always comparing me to other men. Yeah, I can understand that.
Speaker 3: My wife's the same way.
Speaker 8: She's always talking about her late husband.
Speaker 6: Oh you're lucky. My wife's always talking about her Nick. Know, he gonna be handsome, he's going to stay home, he's going to gamble.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, where's your wife? First husband buried?
Speaker 3: He sounds like the guy he's looking for.
Speaker 5: Tell me when did you get married?
Speaker 6: I got married in June and in July, the fireworks started.
Speaker 8: Well, well, I don't worry about it.
Speaker 3: This is worth it.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 5: What would you.
Speaker 8: Gain by taking a gun and doing what you're going to do now?
Speaker 5: Nothing? Ah?
Speaker 6: No, at the coward's way out, And brother, you're looking at coward.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you took the gun away from Now tell me where do you live? Right here? Yeah, there it is. We're outside of the inner sanctuary. How old is your wife, Willy? She says she's twenty three years? Oh is she tell the only time she'll ever see twenty three again? It's going to be able to speed on the ship. There's my wife. Now there's her face burning in the window.
Speaker 8: I better go on in with you.
Speaker 5: No, I won't do it. I can't say.
Speaker 4: Ah, go on walk in there like a man.
Speaker 5: I'll be carried out like a corp. Now this isn't that bad, it's not. It's worse.
Speaker 3: Give me the gun, right, luck?
Speaker 10: Luck? Luck luck.
Speaker 5: I'll go in with you.
Speaker 8: Know, sometimes a friend can help in a situation like this. Really sure, Now you stop worrying about what she's going to do.
Speaker 5: Come on now, get out of this car. Okay, This mighty neighbor who might mighty friendly. A good friend you are. I've had a lot of friends with Mike, but.
Speaker 6: I have never had a friend like you. You are really a friendly friend friend.
Speaker 3: Yes, you are really a friend.
Speaker 5: Brind give me my gun.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm going up the steps here here, pick some of these flowers and then take them into her.
Speaker 5: That's a good idea. I'll take this. It'll fit her personality.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, that's a century plan.
Speaker 5: You don't think I'm gonna give her some Forget me not to do you? Here we are, Come.
Speaker 6: On in you wifey dear Sterno's home.
Speaker 11: Where you are?
Speaker 3: Same as usual, and this time the.
Speaker 12: Police had to bring you home. Well, mister lumplump, what long were you out with this time?
Speaker 5: I brought you some flowers?
Speaker 12: You dare bring me flowers if you probably picked for some other woman? Oh well, where's your girlfriend? Has she been arrested to.
Speaker 5: I don't start that selling stuff.
Speaker 12: Don't fight a alibi.
Speaker 2: I'm nobody's fool. I'm nobody's fool.
Speaker 5: Well be paking somebody might have done.
Speaker 6: Why did I ever marry you to pay off an elections back?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 12: Look hollow ahead, One more crack out of you and I'll mop up the floor.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I'd like to.
Speaker 10: Keep you to Oh why m you can't do.
Speaker 9: A very good job.
Speaker 5: Fight under the sink, you miss.
Speaker 8: Sorry terfed Look step outside, you see what I mean?
Speaker 5: Off Willie, Willie, here's your gun back.
Speaker 8: Will you go down to the river and do it?
Speaker 5: I had to want you to give my district a bat. You are a good friend.
Speaker 3: Anam Smith Twins was singing Ballademba.
Speaker 6: Tweet tweet sing don't sing.
Speaker 10: Be calling, mark on me day Bela Belinda, mark on me, Daddy Belinda BALLI ban but it's always ing, bells always ring. Well, it's a long way to your spring me like Bilberd just as your words and things. Mark on me, Daddy, Belapina, Belabinda Belin, mark on me day Bela Belinda Bellopan, don't ever cry. I'll tell you what you can't see this guy wether dear in your eyes like the sun room while just for fun anything as he.
Speaker 13: Thought, Look everywhere, lovely and do your life with the devil.
Speaker 9: Make you ready, Look in your heart.
Speaker 5: Baby's not.
Speaker 11: Past love.
Speaker 4: Jesse Cartwright, co director of the Home Economics Department at NORGE, has a quick wash stay tip for the lady of the house.
Speaker 14: I get so many questions about washing blankets. One is how to keep them soft? Try adding about a tablespoonful of glittering to the rinse water. You can do that very easily with a new Norge automatic washer because with the unique timeline control you see at a glance when the rinting begins.
Speaker 4: And isn't it easier to add the glittering since the new Norge automatic opens from the top.
Speaker 14: Yes, the top opening is convenient in many ways. It allows you to add clothes anytime during the washing cycle too. In many automatics you.
Speaker 11: Can't do that.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: I guess that's just more proof that everything Norge makes, Norge makes right. If you want to see the whole story with pictures of this wonderful new Norge automatic washer, see the October fifteenth issue of Life magazine.
Speaker 3: See why Norge gets.
Speaker 4: Closed cleaner than other washers.
Speaker 3: How Norge rinses.
Speaker 4: Close five times without wasting water and spin drives them without bunching or tangling. Then go to any Norge dealer and ask for a free demonstration. You won't know what you're missing if you don't see Nords. Our second chapter on fair is Captain mice versus people starting that mean little kid Jr?
Speaker 11: Junior?
Speaker 6: Where are you?
Speaker 1: Are you hungry?
Speaker 2: Well, now that you mentioned yes, I is that's strange, Junior.
Speaker 12: I want you to look at this case I baked this morning.
Speaker 5: You know, boy, if you weren't around, I could do make that cake? Look kit and bite your good kick.
Speaker 12: Now that cake has a big dance on one side, and I was wondering if you could explain it began.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe somebody put it there when they were racking their car in.
Speaker 12: Now look over here, someone to tinch the big hunt on us?
Speaker 9: Now? Who would do this thing?
Speaker 12: I wonder, Junior, have you touched this case?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: Mean I'm happy. Oh then I believe you could ahead you get on the voice more often. Oh boy, there's a lot of hand motion.
Speaker 12: Look what happens where over here?
Speaker 5: Don't here? Oh yeah here there?
Speaker 12: Where is it?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 9: He can across my.
Speaker 1: Eyes to get him, Junior, Roll me down off the ice box and help me to you.
Speaker 6: What are you doing?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna throw this at the mouth.
Speaker 12: Jud you put that bawl out?
Speaker 2: Oh, wet it down a.
Speaker 5: Little too fast? You know I don't bought you, boy, that's the fattest mouse.
Speaker 2: Ire boy, Oh boy, I write him to school.
Speaker 5: You have to buy me an encyclopedia.
Speaker 15: He there he is.
Speaker 9: There's that mouse.
Speaker 2: He's sticking in his nasty little hit out of that hole again. You keep smiling me, you mouse.
Speaker 12: He's bush teeth, of course not do they take a bath?
Speaker 2: No move over, kid, you gotta pardon, stop.
Speaker 12: Backing silly and do something.
Speaker 11: Well, well, you leave it to me.
Speaker 9: I'll get him.
Speaker 2: I'll get him something.
Speaker 6: Will do.
Speaker 9: We live in an awful big house.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't seek him to muscle in on my squeak tooth territory. O came out, Come out of there with you poor.
Speaker 5: Again, Jr.
Speaker 12: Put your father shot on down.
Speaker 9: Come out of there.
Speaker 5: Hey he's squeaking.
Speaker 6: Maybe he moves or.
Speaker 2: Can we go again? I think I blew down the whole block. Boy, a nice spot for an open fireplace.
Speaker 12: And don't you ever do a thing like that again.
Speaker 2: Help me get out of this red box.
Speaker 6: Well, boy, that things got more kick to it than a mule at backed into a hornets man.
Speaker 5: Look there he is again.
Speaker 2: Boy, he's sure like that mouse.
Speaker 5: He's got to me own hard.
Speaker 14: That's not a mouse.
Speaker 12: Al he'll go away.
Speaker 2: No, I'm sorry, K don't. I can't take the chance. I heard of a man that's that point with his mouse o mouth open, and.
Speaker 5: He swallowed him out, Junior, How awful? Yeah he did.
Speaker 2: He swallowed him out, and he put a big cat on his stomach cheek, and he.
Speaker 5: Put a piece of tea on his chest.
Speaker 12: See what happened?
Speaker 2: Well, the mouse came up to eat the cheese, and the cat they will leap for the mouse. Yes, he swallowed white cat's teasing.
Speaker 12: Where do you get your ideas?
Speaker 9: I don't know, but.
Speaker 5: There's certainly.
Speaker 9: The money did the door?
Speaker 6: Maybe he called for some res Now listen, don't run, Jr.
Speaker 5: Where you're going?
Speaker 11: What happened?
Speaker 3: You know that base with Whistler's mother on it?
Speaker 5: Yes, well the chair just went over backward and.
Speaker 2: The old gal flat on her back.
Speaker 3: Oh it's me pop, Come in, hurry, hurry, hurray.
Speaker 9: There's the mood in the hoot and we gotta get a move.
Speaker 3: Very excited about it. Where is he? Where's your mother?
Speaker 8: Huh?
Speaker 9: He's up there?
Speaker 12: Oh, hello there, I'm wanting you better catch that month.
Speaker 3: I will then I will.
Speaker 1: Yeah, boy, I can't figther a dog out, Mummy. You afraid of that widow mouse and popping? You pop a fraid of mummy?
Speaker 3: No, I should have something to throw at you. Uh, Junior? Do you know where the heir brush is?
Speaker 5: I think he's talking on your phones? You missed the page.
Speaker 9: Boy, those earphones they got on.
Speaker 15: I'll give you two to one. They're listening to Bob Hope. Oh yeah, you want to flick it out, mummy? Here you fraid of them out here?
Speaker 5: You faid of them out?
Speaker 4: You stay quiet, quiet, Junr. No, I should have something to throw it, Junior. Do you know where the hair brush is?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 9: But I know where it's been.
Speaker 3: Hand me that brou Okay, don't ride it over, just give it to me.
Speaker 15: I can't help me if I got a hop a long caffey and filled it complex.
Speaker 3: Something for bait to entice him up. Jr. Get in the ice box and and get out some cheese.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll get in the ice box and get some cheese.
Speaker 5: Here we are, hm, oh work, goodness, fake?
Speaker 9: What are you doing in there?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: You take you get in the ice box and get some cheese.
Speaker 3: Out over there? Where's the tea?
Speaker 9: I couldn't find it.
Speaker 2: The light when out when the door start, never mind, I'll get well, get me out of here. When you get me out here, I'm cold, my head cubed.
Speaker 3: Up on me. Jue.
Speaker 5: He smells your cheese. He sniffing. He's sniffing.
Speaker 2: Look at him, sniff you see him.
Speaker 5: He's a little sniff.
Speaker 9: There. Damn, you got him, You got him, you got him. But it's a little late for that.
Speaker 5: Ain't here, dear.
Speaker 3: I'll help you up to your room.
Speaker 2: Serious four with a mouse?
Speaker 9: You mean me? We had so much in common.
Speaker 2: He got his with your broom, and I get mine with her.
Speaker 3: Boy.
Speaker 9: The only different I am bigger whack than he was. I feel so bad.
Speaker 5: I never want to see another pacure case.
Speaker 9: So I gonna eat this all up.
Speaker 2: Then I won't have to go around and find another mouse to take the rapt from me.
Speaker 9: Fright, what come here?
Speaker 11: The mouse?
Speaker 9: The mouse come out.
Speaker 5: I'll don't pry your mouth.
Speaker 9: Hut the mouth, don't try.
Speaker 3: Your dead mouse won't hurt you.
Speaker 2: I ain't worried about the dead one you, but you shouldn't have killed him.
Speaker 3: Four more just came to his funeral. Now, ladies and gentlemen, until next week. This is red Skelton saying, thanks for listening and reminding you. If you won't know what you're missing, if you don't see Nord.
Speaker 4: And this is Ron O'Connor saying, remember and refrigerators, home freezers, gas and electric rangers, washers and water heaters. Everything Norge makes Norge makes right. Join us again next week for the Red Skeleton Show. Let's Celton's heading this program for the courtesy of Metro Golden Mayor Studio. This is a copyright creature pass fired from Hollywood.
Speaker 3: This is CBS Radio Network.
Speaker 6: Yeah,