Speaker 1: Them to financial issues, where we help you steward faithfully by honoring God with your investments. Now listen in as we give you the practical tools and advice you need to become a biblically responsible investor.
Speaker 2: And this is financial issues where we help you do fund the darkness and fund the light by investing with Biblical integrity. And this is Focus Friday and Overtime. Two in one, two in one. We get the two in one.
Speaker 3: It's a we're double threat, right, kind of a shiple threat because you got the regular show. It's Focus Friday and it's overtime. So who can be right?
Speaker 2: Right? Today's show Focus Friday and Overtime. And the number here is six ten three six three eleven ten. We'd love to answer your questions and to hear your opinions. Six ten three six three eleven ten. Let's get those phones lit up.
Speaker 3: That's right, qu those calls cool cats and kittens, let's do it now. Mark, We're feeling pretty optimistic today, but so are the markets.
Speaker 2: Apparently.
Speaker 3: I saw a recent poll by let's say Investipedia, and it showed their latest quarter investors survey showed sixty percent of investors say they are optimistic or at least cautiously optimistic about the current state of the stock market, and no one said they're panicked at all about the current situation. That level of optimism is up from fifty percent in April and is the highest it's been all year. There are still some concerns, though biggest concerns are, of course the war in the Middle East, followed by inflation, and then overall geopolitical unrest. So a couple questions here, Mark, One, do you agree with the general feeling out there of I guess cautious optimism? And two, what do we do with poles like this? Are they helpful in anyway?
Speaker 2: Nice? Second question, I'll go to the first, though I kind of do agree with the polls I think there is It should always be cautious optimism in the markets because historically the markets over the long term outperform most other areas where you could put your money, if not all areas. So yeah, you should be optimistic, but you got to be cautious because in the short term the markets pull back hard at times, they switch on you very easily. You know, we always talk about the markets being a jungle, a jungle that is out there that if you're going alone, there's a good chance you'll be eating alive because there's lions and tigers and bearers oh my, that are just there. You know, every institutional investor's goal is to take your money and make it into theirs, so you have to be aware that they're on that. And they have hundreds of millions billions of dollars they can spend on connecting to the Wall Street, so they get a quarter of a second ahead of you on any indications. They have servers that are just designed to be constantly analyzing every move and everything that goes on. So it's it can be a very scary market, so we have to be cautious. That way, you combine cautious and optimism and you actually have a great market because cautious optimism means people aren't chasing the headlines anymore, which is good. So it doesn't cause these spikes in the market that we've seen over and over again way too often, and as such, it also doesn't cause those big valleys either. So I like it. I like it. I think it's a good place to be. Could that change, Oh sure, it could change very easily. All as it would do is take some sort of new headline, a new war, a new economic situation. Maybe you know, the new Fed does something that he's said he wouldn't do, or or in alignment with something that isn't who this administration once. Who knows what it could be. But anything could cause the optimism to go away, and then we'd only have cast and people would start pouring into defensive stocks, defensive industries and moving into cash, and that could call it a huge pullback in the market. Anything could change it, or something incredible could come out. Every day we hear about AI and the billions upon billions that are going into the development of AI. Maybe something good could come out of that, and we start saying, like we've seen we've seen some companies like Microsoft, who actually is monetizing it and starting to see revenues from the spending they're doing. But we could see something even bigger than that. We actually could see AI starting to cure some disease. We could see AI actually helping people to live better lives, and that could cause more optimism. Guess what, it's just the market. It's a roller coaster, but.
Speaker 3: It is kind of remarkable how generally stable things have been. I guess considering all that's going on with the war in the Middle East, the whiplash with the tariff, I see that Democrats are now suing over those yet again, and then of course all the changes with AI and the ongoing earning.
Speaker 2: So it is amazing. It's absolutely amazing. That's what we've been preaching here since Trump's got in is how quickly he stabilized the economy and how resilient it has become. Despite the hundreds of thousands of lawsuits that are being thrown at this administration just to block up and to keep them from being able to move forward with anything, despite all the political attacks and rhetoric, despite the anti Trump media which is almost all the media, despite the war in Iran, despite all that, we have a resilient and strong economy and it's getting stronger, and we're just in the foundations of what they laid. When you think about the nineteen trillion dollars that is being poured into the United States to build factories, can you imagine a year and a half from now, when these factories are built, when these production lines are actually in motion, what it's going to be like. It's just incredible. So yeah, I think it's a wonderful thing, I think. I think it's awesome that we do have such resilient economy, but we also have a resilient market. We seem to have enough money chasing the stocks that are there that we haven't been able to see any major puolback or crash or anything like that. So I think it's a wonderful thing. Sam, I think you're nailing it there.
Speaker 3: So with these temperature checks, what should we do with them? Are they helpful in any way? Or do you think there is a cause for concern with them because you think people are going to read into them a little too much and then, I don't know, do something crazy about this data?
Speaker 2: What do you think with what checks?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: These like investor optimism checks, these surveys, Oh, what should we really do with them? I'm not opposed to getting a temperature check, but I imagine there's a tendency to read into them more than what really there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well they're very limited. For one, you know, it's those people who go out to that side are taking it, are taking that so but yeah, I think that you have to take it with a grain of salt. Salt, that's all. It's just another pole, and it's just limited and if and how well controlled that pole is, how much information they have on the people taking the pole? Are they independent? Are they professionals? Are they not? You know who they are? What do they represent? We don't know. They don't go that deep into it. So it's just another conversation piece. It's just another uh uh. It's just another piece of media as a carrying agent to sell some ads, is what it comes down to.
Speaker 3: All poles are fake, but some are useful, so I'll take it. Well, let's let's look at some other data, this time coming from the government, so hopefully this isn't too fake, although maybe it's a little fake. These are the Jolts jobs data. Total number of jobs openings remain largely unchanged for the month of July at seven point four million, and hires were also unchanged at five point three million. Meanwhile, ADP showed private companies added forty four thousand jobs in July. That is a small slowdown from the month before of ninety five thousand. So what do we make with this job's data.
Speaker 2: Well, it's the incore encouraging part. Its wages, the number jobs forty four thousand or down from ninety five thousand. Again, this is very short term trends. Of course, as we get as the economy continues to be more and more productive, we should see more and more jobs come in. But that doesn't mean we can continue to hire as many people always because we run out of people eventually, right, so we ought to be seeing jobs slowing a new hires slow down. That doesn't bother me. What encourages me is the wages. When we see pay increase four point four percent, uh and inflations at at what three point four percent, it's in the three three five yeah, yeah, yeah, that means that wages are growing faster than inflation, which means people are doing better. And when we see seven percent for those people who real wage are are, when we see seven percent in wages growth for those who are switching jobs, I think it's said. What what that means is that we really have real wage growth substantially better inflation rates three point five yeah. So we see for those people who are moving from one job to another right now, who are finding better opportunities, they're doubling their uh, the the ability to outpace inflation. So that's an incredible thing. I love it. I think it's very pos I said, as long as real wage growth stays ahead of inflation, stays positive, it's a wonderful thing.
Speaker 3: I like wonderful things. And wonderful thing is that it's Focus Friday.
Speaker 2: Steve.
Speaker 3: We do see you in the call queue there. We'll get to you after this short break.
Speaker 2: In fact, that's the first thing we'll do, is get with Steve and anybody else who's in the queue. And the number here is six ten three six three eleven ten. That's six ten three six three eleven ten. This is Focus Friday, and we do have overtime. Light up those phones, people, Welcome back to everyone. This is financial issues. I'm Mark Manilla. Sam Case is in the control room. Here's some of those buttons, moving those faders and making sure the show goes off real well, along with the crew behind the scenes. Right, that's right.
Speaker 3: And I'm looking at Grant over there. He's doing a fine job as he does every day. Mark and his Focus Friday. So why don't we go to the phones we have Steve in Iowa. I want to go to that.
Speaker 5: Sure.
Speaker 2: Welcome Steve, Glad you're with us today. What's on your mind? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can hear you. Okay.
Speaker 6: One of the sucks on our BIA list is an aggressive tech play. I don't know if you want me to say the symbol on the air, it's fine, It's fine, okay, Okay. App Apple Love In Corporation. It felt like a rock yesterday and the fact that it dropped part is part of the stock. It's an aggressive play. Got that, but several analysts downgraded it immediately before open yesterday or overnight, and there's a kind of a general text selloff which over the past two days, especially yesterday, So I was curious if you're still behind that stock or if your opinion of it has changed based upon very very recent news.
Speaker 2: You know, it's still a bye absolutely, But this is a good reminder that even great growth stocks can get punished when expectations get too high, and that's what's what's happened with us. But over the long term, it's still a good looking stock. App Loving and grew revenue fifty three percent, earnings more than sixty percent, and continues to produce Enorman's cash flow. So you know, after the twenty percent sell off, the valuation has fallen roughly I don't know, eighteen times forwards earnings. That's not bad. I'm going to maintain it as a bye. But you know, from a technical point of view, after breaking the fifty and the two hundred movent average, I build positions gradually until we see actually the trend turnaround right now. So I like it. I think it's still a very strong stock. It's got the steal it needs, and it's got the potential. What happens is it got ahead of itself, as so many of the stocks in the technology area have have happened, especially in the AI area. Steve, but this could be a better buy in point for new money. But I wouldn't jump in too hard until it stabilizes just a little bit.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, have it labeled as aggressive right mark exactly because we're going to see those swings Unfortunately, Steve.
Speaker 2: What happens is with a pullback like that and app we might see a bunch of institutional investors jump in real hard and see it shoot through the ceiling again. So expect a lot of volatility out of the staff. Eventually it will grow into a young company that that really stabilizes it a little bit more. But I find it to be still a bye did that help any Okay, yeah, it does.
Speaker 6: Okay, I know if what happened in the last two days had changed that, especially when I see a bunch of other analysts, I know you have to take them with a grain of salt. But when a bunch of people say the same thing, you wonder if they know something.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you know, we can go out to multiple sites and look at it. And but the first thing to really look at is you know, there's the four step process that that we use, and that of course that breaks down to hundreds of other steps. But each step, the first step is the is a b R I compliant? This still is Praise God, we can analyze it. Then we want to look at the financial as steal, what's going on in the balance sheet and the income statements. Those are looking pretty good here, and then we can go into looking at its potential. In those kinds of things. There's just a lot to look at. But overall it's still nothing's really changed in it. Just the analysts changed their opinion a few analysts. Let's restate that a few analysts change their opinion. If you go out, I'm sure you could find just as many who love it, and especially now said that it pulled back the twenty percent.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: In fact, in fact, I'm just clancing at a couple of sites here, I'm seeing by strong by hold. I'm not seeing any cells on it. What analysts? Where were you looking?
Speaker 6: I didn't actually look at a particular analyst site. What it was is kind of an aggregator site that will show you data at a glance. And the four or five of them had issued a downgrade. Now it's a relative downgrade, so if there were a strong, they might come down to a buy or something like that. Nobody was putting out an aggressive cell.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in fact, that's what I mean. We may see a money dumping back into this in the next week or so. Who knows, you know, Analysts have all the reasons. Some are tech technicians, some are fundamentalists, depending on who what, some are a combination of both. So we're going to see all sorts of pulling. I do believe that this stock does have some potential to maintain this roller coaster at a high level. So if you're not, if you're someone who doesn't sleep night well at nights with dips and peaks and valleys, this wouldn't be the stock for you. Otherwise it still has long term potential. So good catch, Steve, and good catch pointing out that this might be a good time to be looking at it since it's pulled back and it's peas they're getting in the line things like that. Yeah, thanks so much, Steve. That was great. God bless you, sir. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at the aggregate for app love and right now I'm seeing like six strong buys, twenty one buys, and five holes no cells, So you know, take it with a grain of salt, though, do you How should we think about analysts recommendations. Is it just kind of more noise out there? I mean maybe if they all shift in one direction at one time, does that mean something?
Speaker 2: Or well, so much. There are some great analysts out there, and what makes them great is when I agree with them and then there's the rest, right.
Speaker 3: Because then you know they know what they're talking about.
Speaker 2: No, there actually are people who are logical on it, who make sense. You know, there's some analysts who just look at the financial issues steal. Now. You know, there are great businesses out there, meaning they're solid, they have great free cash flow, they have all they're low dat, they have all sorts of wonderful, great great revenues, great great returns. You know, rois on their capital, and yet they're going nowhere. But those analysts who relly totally on that will say, this is a great company, jump into it. Well, if it's not going anywhere, if for some reason people don't care, if it's if it's a well run company, if it's it has financial steal, it just doesn't matter, because we invest for the return, the total return. The total return includes how hopefully that company is improving society as well. But then there's the analysts who are technicians who don't care what the company does, whether it has revenues, whether it has products. They don't care anything about that. It's just is a fifty over two hundred? Is is the price above both of those? Is? Blah blah blah blah blah. You know, what's going on with the relative strength, what's going on with the momentum, And they just look at the charts and they try and extrapulate from that. They don't care about anything else. They could be wrong too, because though even though they could say, well we got a good trend, and all this trends in and turn around, and if they don't have any financial steal to hold them up. Those trends turn around faster and they drop harder. So a combination of those are really important.
Speaker 3: You want something that's a good company and a good stock, because it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: If it's a really good company, it has a stock wrong business with a lot of potential. Now there's a lot of people say, well, this has a lot of potential because it's an AI. No, that doesn't give it potential. That gives it hype. What gives it potential If you have one, two, three years of contracts that can take up all your production for the next three years. That's potential. That's measurable potential. That's potential with receipts. That's what we really like to see. If it has that and it has financial steel, there's a good chance that stock is going to continue to climb. It doesn't mean it won't pull back. Yeah yeah again, a right roller coaster. Right. The number here is six' ten three six three eleven.
Speaker 3: Ten, well it is still, Focused Friday. Mark so let's move on to some. Questions. Here we Have ralph who's age sixty. Five he says he's new to investing and is a new. Partner now he hasn't happened yet to get, dividends But fidelity had asked how he wanted dividends to be. Handled with, dividends SHOULD i take cash for me to direct or set my account to auto reinvest in that? STOCK i think it should be cash to, direct as the stock may not be on the by list.
Speaker 2: Anymore so what do you, Think? MARK i Think ralph's thinking very strongly and. Straight that makes total. Sense you, know treat, treat BUT i also would treat dividends differently based on where they. Originate for, example individual stocks mutual fund ETFs don't necessarily require the same dividend, elections so the decision to reflect both the investment and the purpose of the. Account individual stocks generally take the dividend in. Cash that's my feeling for the same, reason And ralph. Has ralph's concerns. Legitimate the stock may no longer be on the by, list or it may be overweighted already in your, Portfolio so why would you want to reinvest in it when you could take those dividends and plant them elsewhere into some other type of growth stock and expand the diversification you Had when it comes to dividends for ETFs and mutual funds not so much the same. Thing because EVERY, etf every mutual fund has somewhere between ten and one thousand stocks in. It, okay so you already have the diversification in there when they when a dividend is reinvested in THE, etf what you, know let's say there's one hundred stocks in, there one one hundredth of that dividend goes into every one of those, Stocks so it's divided up into the diversification. Already the final THING i think about on This ralph, is, uh what what is the need for the? Dividends if you are the income do you have any income? Needs if you have, income, obviously all that conversation we just had goes, away and it's, like take the dividends in cash and put them in your checking account to help you live the life that you believe That god desires for. You OTHERWISE i would follow exactly the direction you're going with your, dividends except for consider if you have ANY etf some mutual, funds to go ahead and just have those reinvested in.
Speaker 3: There, yeah there's something out cash too that just gives you that, control which is WHAT i.
Speaker 2: Like, well it's good to have that. Control LIKE i, said if you have a stock you bought in at the right price and it's, grown and why do you want your dividends to expand something that might be properly weighted or overweighted. Already you want the control to be able to redeploy those. Elsewhere so that's WHAT i would do with, Those AND i Think ralph brings up a good question when you're thinking about. It every item you put into your portfolio at every BROKERAGE i, know allows you to determine what to do with that, dividend whether it's a, stock whether it's a mutual fund or AN. Etf so you can, choose and it's good to. Choose having choice is one of the keys to developing wealth and being in control those choices and having a systematic plan for executing. Those number here is six' ten three six three. Eleven ten It Is, focus friday and we would love to be answering. Your question let's go ahead and light up. The phone we have a few more areas on the phone that could be. Lit up if you have to, leave us sorry to see, you go but remember you can catch the full Show At financial issues Dot org Monday through friday at nine am style pound two point fifty and say The keyword welcome. Back everyone This Is financial issues and we're having a fun day here as we answer your questions and look at. The markets why don't you give us an update on?
Speaker 5: The?
Speaker 2: Markets? There sam are you?
Speaker 3: With? Me buddy there. WE go i just wanted to keep the suspense. Going, on mark, just yeah?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: Not yeah? Why Not.
Speaker 3: It's friday things need to. Be exciting so the Market's on Thursday The dow jones down point eight, FIVE percent smp down point One eight nasdaq down basically flat it was point zero six And the russell two thousand down point five, Eight percent so a little negative throughout the, whole day but nothing, too Crazy, right mark nothing?
Speaker 2: Too crazy and today the. Same thing we're seeing the markets open up pretty pretty flat For the dow and up about zero point three percent FOR, the smp But the nasdaq seems to be jumping ahead pretty strong at, one percent a little bit over. One percent good news is crud's down, again today what crude oils? Is down golden gold and precious metals seem to. Be up so all the colors are correct today are mostly it's.
Speaker 3: The right mix Of the, christmas, colors right, that's, right, Yes right so If, Folks friday we're going to continue with, our questions but, BEFORE that i do want to tell you about our friends Over At. Samaritan, ministries guys if you're tired of all the nonsense that goes on with, traditional insurance Go to samaritanministries. Dot Org Christian health sharing The way it's meant. To be learn more about That at samaritanministries. Dot org highly. Recommend. Them mark let's get to some. Questions, here pete age, sixty six wants to know More About. Social, security here, he says if a married couple is about the, same, age healthy and they have normal, life expectancies and the higher earner will Start Taking social security payments at age, sixty seven then what should the lower earners start taking? Payments at or then when should they start? Taking, PAYMENTS well.
Speaker 2: I generally have the lower earn er wait until age. Sixty seven they would then file when the higher. Earner files and this assumes they're approximately the, same age both, are healthy both have normal, life expectancy and they don't urgently. NEED income a spouse cannot collect a spousal benefit until a higher earner spouse is Received. Social security so that's very important. To know when we say. Spousal benefit what we're talking about is if if one of the if the major earner in the in, the family if there's a major earner the other the spouse may not have as high there's. A benefit let's just say they. Never worked maybe the spouse, never worked so they can take up to fifty they can take fifty percent of the person who was the higher earner's income if They're. Social security if they did work and There's social security benefit is in equal to the, fifty percent then they can take theirs and they get a bonus up to bring it up to the. Fifty percent so THAT'S why i say we wait till full retirement age for that for the first earner and the end. The second on that very cool hope That.
Speaker 3: Helps pete moving on down To gene jen's and newbie brand new to investing and has been heavily influenced by. Financial issues, they said without an advisor and Without Contacting, timothy plan we Bought Some timothy israel mutual funds about a month Ago. Through vanguard we've also since subscribe to. Financial issues we wondered if you know of a fund that includes all or most of the equities on your, buy list, or alternatively would we have to buy each? Stock separately and, if so how much of each do people? Typically buy? To start vanguard likely has minimums and charges per transaction for each equity on the.
Speaker 2: Buy list so we got a newbee here and they're looking for. Some, Help, mark yeah do, You, know no there is no fun that covers are and we don't. Offer funds, you know. We don't we don't, do that at least at. This, point no we don't. Do that so there's no fund that covers our. By lists but a lot of the of a lot Of The timothy plan funds will carry similar or the same stocks or some of the stocks that we cover and that we say are on The buy and obviously they'll also have other stocks that we don't have on our, by list all of them both With The timothy plan and us will be. Biblically responsible, but no there's no one fund designed to duplicate our buy opinion. Lists exactly so, so no. THERE'S not i guess that's the best way to say it was the. Second half what was the second half of.
Speaker 3: The, quest well it was a question about buying, Individual equities so, they said would we have to buy each stock separately and so? How much and then they want to KNOW about.
Speaker 2: I guess charges for. Buying, those yeah so there might be a better way if a lot of people like to. Use, Ets well timothy plan does have ETFs that you. Could use so you could get a, very high highly diversified portfolio just, Using ets timothy plan ets and mutual funds Like The Israeli Common values fund if you, wanted to and there's nothing wrong. With that you have systematic professional management on those and you'd have. Great diversification and then you only need to buy three or four things to get your, allocation proper maybe five or six at, the most but instead of thirty to forty. Different things so you might look, into that and you can do that by going into the partner hub looking at the, fund allocation not the all, asset allocation and the fund allocation will list the different funds to invest in, there So AND vanguard i believe carries most Of The timothy. Plant funds that was.
Speaker 3: Going to be my recommendation, as well is look at the, fund models very easy. To use they're going to hold your hand a little bit more than going through. The EQUITIES so i think that should take care of all the problems and concerns that they're.
Speaker 2: Worried, About, mark.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, well mark let's go back to. THE phones i think We have oscar Calling. From california do you want to Go? To oscar let's.
Speaker 2: Do That, Welcome oscar glad you're with. Us today what's on?
Speaker 5: Your?
Speaker 2: Mind?
Speaker 4: Hi, mark morning. Good, morning yeah my question is.
Speaker 7: Do you still recommend to open a retirement account to someone who's going to retire soon within like one or?
Speaker 8: Two, years okay there's applications where that would, still work and there's applications where what, for example if you're going to retire in one or two years and everything you.
Speaker 2: Have invested or if you don't have any investments, at all but you have, your yeah maybe some sort of pension or FOR. ONE k I guess i need to know MORE before i could, answer that because the First thing i'd, recommend is if you don't need all, your money you could open up a wroth and it could be opened up with very little money to get invested and start the five year time frame, on that so that you get past the five years with. A roth if you open, a rock you have five years or to fifty nine and, a half whichever, is longer before you can start taking any of the gains out of that without taxes. Or, penalties okay so what you want to do is get that wroth, opened up even if with what a couple, hundred dollars so that it starts. That clock then you. Can start if you have extra moneies every year you can be contributed that you don't need for your personal income to support, your lifestyle you could start contributing. TO that i believe it's around seven. THOUSAND dollars i have. To check it might be a little more now for. Somebody older but you could contribute that, to it and that then will read you of those taxes for the future when you have no income. And whatnot but if you need, the, money obviously it doesn't make sense to be putting it in and tying it up in any way in a wroth or an ira that you're gonna if you're gonna have to take the money out right. Away anyway so tell me about. Your situation, you're retiring in a couple. Of years, let's say do you have a four OH one k or other retirement account somewhere that you're going to be utilizing to help offset? Your lifestyle.
Speaker 4: Probably not just Maybe On social security.
Speaker 7: And, some savings, but okay that's only the only. Two sources, AND yeah i guess she wouldn't pull money within those.
Speaker 4: TWO years, i mean like she still has, some savings, you know maybe.
Speaker 2: Now you're saving short term savings just there for emergency fund and to cover expenses that come about during. The year or is, it large like, you know we have a money market where we have hundreds of thousands.
Speaker 5: OF dollars i would, say PROBABLY like i, don't know maybe fifty to, sixty, okay, sixty, Yeah Yeah.
Speaker 2: So i'd be very careful at this point about moving it into a rock because you may need, that, money, right yeah so be. Very careful but if if you've already calculated the moat around, your castle if you already know what the occasional expenses are that you're gonna have to pick up throughout, the year and you have, you know let's just say that comes out to twenty thousand, a year it wouldn't hurt to get the other half of, that invested possibly in an income portfolio that has somewhere around to forty, percent growth and the rest is an income producing assets to help you with the income from that help offset your lifestyle moving into. The retirement.
Speaker 7: And so that would be probably an income model.
Speaker 2: Or, GROWTH yeah i would use the income. Asset model since you only have two years and you wanted to be, well diversified which it, WOULD be i would use the at, THAT amount i would use the fund asset allocation model, for that and that should help you to move in. That direction if you want to stay on the, Phone here i'll talk to you during the break here. As well to finalizis six ten three six three. Eleven ten This Is. Focus friday this is for. Your calls we'll be right back after this, short break looking forward forward to talking To.
Speaker 9: You tom the opinions and recommendations expressed on this program do not necessarily represent.
Speaker 2: The opinions of the station or any of the.
Speaker 3: Program, sponsors additionally all products or services offered by the program sponsors may not be known by. The program.
Speaker 2: Welcome back this is last segment, before overtime and we Still have oscar. With us oscar during, the break you're asking me if you had longer than a couple, of years like if you had four or, five YEARS would i consider? A, ROCK yeah, i would because you can always take the money you contributed to the wroth out. Without penalty you just can't take the gains on it out if you're over fifty nine and. A, half okay, so yeah then in, that case if you're like four years or five, years out you're pretty, much close and maybe just the contributions alone would cover whatever you need to pull out the, first year and then you have access to all the gains. As well, all right hope, That.
Speaker 3: Helps oscar if you have, more questions feel free to call Back on monday six ten three six three. Eleven ten also you can Email us sam at financial issues dot org accept at financial issues Dot, orgon well we'll take care. Of that so thanks so much for calling in Today, and oscar thank you for, calling in but thank you for Loving the lord and wanting to be a great steward what he's given.
Speaker 2: TO you i pray your retirement goes well and congratulations on. Getting there it's.
Speaker 3: Exciting, Stuff, yeah mark more questions in. The queue We have judith here She's. From texas she wants KNOW, about BEPY which i just love, to, say bepy that's so much fun. To say so she wants to know since the issue WE'RE new, P, six yes THE new, p six but more fun to SAY than. P six, Well, RIGHT well Bepy, is canadian and the question here is besides can we forgive them For?
Speaker 2: Being, Canadian no i'm.
Speaker 3: Just joking she wants to Know about canadians withholding taxes and how that applies to bepy's interest payments and, if so could that be put into a wroth at.
Speaker 2: A disadvantage i'm reading the. Question here judas Is, In. Argyll texas She's, not canadian and that's, very important by, the WAY because bepy payments should not be Subject to canadian withholding tax FOR ordinary. Us investors canada generally exempts interest paid to unrelated arms length non residents who are buying, into it and DPIs even offering documents even say that they uh that the notes should be treated as Debt under canadian law with no withholding on. The interest, so uh that's what they're. Telling us there's also there's there's also the thing that there's a provision intended to compensate investors with additional Amounts of canadian withholding wherever to. Be required so there's a lot of different things in there that say. It's good but one of the things WITH bp i, is, that uh because it's a perpetual and has no scheduled, maturity date the way THE i r s and Maybe the CANADIAN i r s they can always change their mind is what is what it comes. Down to SO currently i don't see it as an, Issue, THOUGH judith. I don't i don't see any any reason to be concerned. About that.
Speaker 3: Cool help hope That. Helps judith moving on to a pretty juicy One. From john he wants to know what are your thought on leasing? A. Car now i've known some people who have Leased cars mark and they seem to. Really, like well it's kind of a. Split thing i've known some people who really like it and other people who think it's a. Terrible idea what do?
Speaker 2: You, think actually leasing is just a different way to finance. A car the bottom line is they're using a denominator or a multiplier to figure out what they need to charge you based on estimated what the car is going to, be worth and after the timeframe of the lease, runs out they need to, recover that they need to recover, their profits they need to, recover everything and based on that they come up with your. Lease payment sometimes those lease payments are less than what you could get by financing, the car but that's only because they estimated that the mileage and the depreciation is going to. Be less if you go over, that mileage then they start charging. You more so there's a lot of moving lovers in a lease that aren't in your. Regular loan, and secondly at the end of, the least the only only thing you have there after the lease is over is the need for. Another car, at least if you're buying the car and you're paying for it even with, the loan which obviously a lot of, people do you at least have the vehicle to continue to drive for years, after that which then makes the value of having bought it so. Much better even though this is a, depreciating asset it's still an asset at the end of a purchase instead of. A lease now are there times when it, makes sense least in, A, VEHICLE well i guess, there ARE but i haven't really found one outside of convenience or the love of the new, Car smell so, you know take that for what it. Is worth the lower payment doesn't tell the. Whole story remember you also if you're going, To compare and most leases are much more smaller obviously or shorter than a car. Loan is so, right now the average CAR loan i think they're saying is five and a half years up to six, years now and the average lease is somewhere around twenty. Four months so obviously the lease amount could be subs could be less because they get the asset and you're not paying for the. Whole asset you're paying for, the depreciation profits and the interests that they the time value of money that they have to. Account FOR so i. DON'T know i do KNOW what i feel And what i've seen over the ages is that most leases do not are just another way to finance, a car and at the end of the lease you get to refinance it again if you want to lease it or if you want to. Buy it so it's just another way to borrow money against. Your car if you're going to stay within the ten thousand miles or the seventy five hundred miles. Or whatever the least calculation is usual for, your mind and that least amount is way lower than your. Car payment and you and you like the idea of your car always being. UNDER warranty i don't know if you barely drive, THE car i guess that's an okay way to. Do it the best way to do it is to save up and buy. A car i once wrote a little Book called How to Lose A, million dollars and one of the areas in it was buying or. Leasing cars AND when i, SAY buying, i, mean uh actually going in, and borrowing going into debt for. A CAR and i, on average at, that time the average person was our new people were buying cars on average every three and a. Half years are?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 2: Serious, yeah wow that was, the average the average.
Speaker 3: Car or just getting over, brand new.
Speaker 2: Brand, new yeah so that that was kind. Of CRAZY but i went out to five YEARS and i showed if you just kept the car that you, have now let's say it's five, years old or and you put money into it to make it. Like NEW and i actually put gobs of MONEY and i went and had, you know. A postry, YOU know i got prices for, a postery assuming there was a rip in a seed and, you know getting a new paint job because there was issues, with it and making sure all the mechanics were brought up, to date and then getting a loan for that amount and putting the difference between the loan for that those few thousand dollars that you put into that car compared to a new car loan away for, five years and then buying a car with, that money a brand, new car and then putting the. Money away you would have finance for that and after so, many years you had hundreds of thousands of dollars in the bank and you've been driving a new car every five to. Ten years so when you finance a car or, lease it you're actually sending money to other people to help them. Create wealth as the bottom dollars if you're financing it, or least you could save hundreds of thousands of dollars over your lifetime by just holding on to a car for ten to fifteen years and keeping up the maintenance.
Speaker 3: On it and, pro tip if you're really into the new, car smell they do sell a spring sound that just lets you have that smell if you're.
Speaker 2: Into it so absolutely, Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Well mark i'm not sure if we can squeeze in another question, Just yet but there's. Good news usually this would, be sad we Wouldn't, have.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see well we could. Do it let's Look At, Joseph's.
Speaker 3: Okay Joseph, And cecilia jay and c they save a friend who's, very wealthy not Living the. Christian life but they've encouraged this person to LISTEN to fim and they want to know if it's okay if this Person non christian would become.
Speaker 2: A member i love this question and the answer. Is, yes absolutely all are. Welcome here financial issues ministry is where people can hear the Truth of god's word and learn how that truth should shape every part of, our life inclusion st wardship of money. And possession where else is? Somebody gonna where else was someone who is not living a Crew? For christ here the message of salvation and see what it looks like when believers seek to live out. Their faith Being around christian doesn't, save them but it can be a place where a person hears the costa, Will taught biblical, wisdom shared and faithful stewardship. Is modeled so your friend is welcome here no matter what his spiritual situation should be. Our hope our goal is that by hearing and seeing, the truth that he'll be drawn to. The light, so, yeah, absolutely yes and we'd love him to, join us and we'd love them to come on board and see what it really means to Be a christian because of people like you and all of our partners who Love the lord and have decided to show the world that by the way they live out, that truth by being, a steward by making every decision they make based on a foundation of how what does this Honor my God. And savior when people see that, in action it draws them to it and they want to know, the truth and they want a savior like, our savior and of course it's their savior. As WELL and i don't think anybody here at, financial issues whether internally or as partners are would be a shame to share that. With them and they're going to hear, it anyway and they're going to see how normal it is to live, a joyful happy Life. Pursuing christ thank you so much For, Loving god thank you for showing it in the way that you invest with. Biblical integrity but don't go away because it's overtime and just, ABOUT oh i, don't know. One minute stay. With us we look forward to focusing on your questions and having a good time and overtime we'll be right back
Speaker 4: And members and