Speaker 1: Here we go, Here we go, Come on, come on, come on, good morning. This is Ed McMahon. Now, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Let's give this.
Speaker 3: O kid.
Speaker 4: Wakey, wakey, hands off those snakies.
Speaker 1: Got a busy show for you today.
Speaker 4: Welcome aboard on this throwback Thursday, Friday Eve. So close to the weekend, so much going on this weekend, one of the busiest weekends in Houston. So we got a couple more days, a couple of sleeps to go. It's Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna handy voting all morning long on the world famous rod Ryan Show blog page, the buzz dot Com Fix the graand Thursday. No doubt that will be the number one link today. We have one champion on the fresh out of man hands you a head, slow past Andrew. He's going for win number three. We'll play at six.
Speaker 4: To twenty AJR Rodeo Houston tickets and everyone's talking about the Barbecue Cookoff this weekend. We've got Rodeo tickets for you the night AJAR plays Mark sixth give you those on the fun Fact Flashback.
Speaker 1: I prevail bar.
Speaker 4: Tooth kill Switch Engage just announced tickets won't go on sale until tomorrow.
Speaker 1: We've got win them before you can buy them. At seven twenty this morning, Read my Lips continues Scott Sanders.
Speaker 4: I don't know why, why would you say it that way? His name is Scott Sanders. He's coming down to play the Chile at A twenty this morning. As every week now, we've had a listener come in and play Read my Lips for BlackBerry Smoke tickets at A twenty today, Shine Down tickets early in the nine Rockets tickets on today's show.
Speaker 1: Busy, Just Busy with a.
Speaker 4: Dense bog advisory ten percent chance of rank Lobby skies.
Speaker 1: High of seventy one Today Morning. Alex Wero Houston's Headlines This Morning, Rod Good, Morning, Home Room.
Speaker 5: During a cabinet meeting yesterday, President Donald Trump announced an impending agreement with Ukraine concerning the exploitation of its rare earth minerals. He confirmed that Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelensky is scheduled to visit the White House tomorrow to formalize the deal. President Trump did emphasize that the deal won't include any substantial US security guarantees for the Ukraine and that they will quote have Europe do that Trump also said that Russian President Vladimir Putin would have to make some concessions of his own in peace negotiations to have Russia involved in any potential deal. An unvaccinated school age child has died from measles, marking the first such death in the US since twenty fifteen. The outbreak that began late last month has resulted in at least one hundred and twenty four confirmed cases across nine Texas counties, with an additional nine cases in eastern New Mexico. Health officials report that eighteen individuals have been hospitalized and that the majority of those infected our children and teenagers. Very sad news, Amazon Alexa is about to get a whole lot smarter. Amazon announced a big upgrade called Alexa Plus that aims to make Alexa a lot more like an actual assistant. She'll be able to browse the Internet for you, text people, book ubers, order groceries, make dinner reservations, and buy concert tickets. She'll also be able to remember things and remind you, so if your family's coming over dinner and you like have it in your schedule, she'll be able to be like, hey, Rod, your nephew is gluten free.
Speaker 1: Don't forget, and you'll be able to get reminders that way. I still don't have one in my house. I got rid of mine. It terrifies. Yeah, it's kind of scary. I don't like that. It was listening all the time, so I got rid of that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I never started with one. I have one in the box somewhere. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Amazon plans to roll out the upgrade to select users next month before making it available to everyone in the coming months.
Speaker 1: And the more sad news, legendary actor.
Speaker 5: Gene Hackman has died at the age of ninety five. Police confirmed late last night that they found the bodies of Gene, his wife Betsy, and their dog in their Santa Fe, New Mexico home. No foul play is suspected and no cause of death has been announced.
Speaker 1: It's weird that they all went. You said carbon monoxide. That was the only thing I could really get you off the top of my head. No foul play.
Speaker 5: Maybe if there's a carbon monoxide leak, that could have been a Yeah, it's a silent killer.
Speaker 1: But yeah, when all three of them are gone, I don't know.
Speaker 4: There was another actress that passed away, Michelle Trachtenberg.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the spy.
Speaker 4: So Chilie put up a blog page for both of them. They're both on links. Some guests today.
Speaker 5: Korn lead singer Corey Taylor has teamed up with the band bad Omens to create a new version of Kansas's song dust in the Wind. I always look at it as Will Ferrell's song dust in the Wind.
Speaker 4: Hang on at Slipknot singer, You're gonna get killed on the slipnot my bad, my bad, You'll get killed on that one.
Speaker 5: DC Marble oops, slip knot Slayer. It was a quick morning, all right. We had a lot were a fair lot place this morning. But yeah, lead Sai, we are going to have to play Will Ferrell at some point today. I didn't think we had time right now, but I don't believe me. I had it ready to go.
Speaker 1: Do you want to hear?
Speaker 7: Yeah, let's see her.
Speaker 4: So it's Corey Taylor and bad Omens like a mandolin.
Speaker 1: I hear a little bit. It's for a movie. It's yeah. The movie is called Queen of the Ring.
Speaker 5: And it'll tell the story of Mildred Burke, who is a famous female wrestler back in the day.
Speaker 1: Her playing the famous. She was the first million dollar athlete. I did not know that. That's awesome.
Speaker 5: So the movie is set to come out on March seventh, which is also the same date that the song will be available to the public.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just have a clip on the Music Walk page today.
Speaker 5: Those are Uston's headlines. Okay, what you got in sports? Rockets gotten the win last night. The Dubs keep coming. They beat the Spurs one away to one oh six, just a day after getting ejected. I'm in Thompson had twenty five points on the night to lead all players in scoring. Rockets are now thirty seven and twenty two on the season. I'll have a couple of days off before playing the Kings on Saturday night at Toyota Center. That is spring training. The Astros also got to win yesterday. They shout out the Nationals three to nothing. This afternoon, they'll play the Mets down in Port Saint Lucie, Florida.
Speaker 1: First pitch is at twelve ten. That is what's going on in sports, all right, Thanks bro?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Alex and I both been running this morning trying to get this show ready to go.
Speaker 1: Slipkn slip.
Speaker 4: All right, here we go four hours of Pain starts right now.
Speaker 1: You want the first phone call? I'm ready. That's it.
Speaker 4: Boom, I am ready to rock with you. Seven one three two, win two five. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now. All right, here we go ninety four to five, The buzz Squeezer.
Speaker 1: Say it ain't so, and we are off and running.
Speaker 4: Welcome board, Throwback Thursday, four hours of pain with the Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: It's gonna go by quickly.
Speaker 4: It shouldn't be quite as painful, just because we're gonna be so unbelievably busy this morning. I'm really I'm telling you, I really look forward to you guys, the listeners, you guys coming in and playing read my lips. You have all been brilliant, and I have no reason to believe that Scott Sanders isn't going to be brilliant today.
Speaker 1: Taking on the Chile on National Chili Day. I don't know if you saw that. I know he's the.
Speaker 4: Chile and it's National Chili Day. But if we're not sucking on chili dogs this morning, do we even do we even do a radio show? If we're not sucking on chili dogs all morning.
Speaker 1: Do we even do a morning show?
Speaker 4: So you just do not adjust your radio. We will be sucking on chili dogs at some point today for sure. Slow fast Andrew going for win number three, fresh out of bed, Head to Head six twenty a Jr. Rodeo Houston tickets six point thirty five fun fact flashback. All kinds of tickets sprinkled in all morning long. I mean, it's just it's it's kind of a NonStop situation. Now, guys on the road, please we're back to that dense fog advisory. Please be careful, Okay, Cloudy's guys today ten percent chance of rainbow today and tonight high of around seventy one.
Speaker 1: Was that a beautiful day yesterday?
Speaker 8: Sure?
Speaker 9: What I saw?
Speaker 1: You got out there run a little bit? I did.
Speaker 4: I've been doing pretty good not craying off a little bit. I've been doing pretty good about hitting the gym here at the station. We got a pretty good gym here in the building, and I've been doing it for a while. Yesterday was just, uh, I'm not sitting inside. I need I needed to be outside. It was so nice outside yesterday. There was so many people outside taking advantage of it. So yeah, I did a flex.
Speaker 1: Oh good for you. I ran the hill yesterday over at Tinsley Park.
Speaker 4: Tinsley Park, Yeah, really fun, Buffalo Byou Park.
Speaker 1: That's where Free Press used to be. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: So I just kind of run up and down the hill twenty times. They got a cool dog park at that I've got part.
Speaker 1: On the other side of the Yeah, down down, A waste a lot of water though. If your dog's into water, that dog's not getting back in your car. Yeah, you gotta wash. That's what hoses are for. That's what all right, guys. Thanks Blake Shelton. All right, every phone line's ringing. What of this guy here?
Speaker 2: It's not time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 4: Anybody remember gen z Zach? This guy's back. Where has he been?
Speaker 1: Good morning, Hey Boddy, good morning.
Speaker 4: You were a regular on this show in your own little snarky self, and then you moved to Idaho. He checked in with us once in a while, and then as things happen, I don't know, your life got busy, you just kind of dropped us. Dude, haven't heard from you in forever. What's going on, gen z Zach?
Speaker 6: Well, I was on second ship for a long time, so I wasn't awake for the show, and I switch today shift and it was too loud in there, so I couldn't call the Yeah here, I am on my drive to Seattle, which.
Speaker 1: Is exciting vacation or you're moving moving?
Speaker 9: You're what?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: So you had enough of the Idaho life, the iowation winters.
Speaker 1: What's got you? What's got you? Going to Seattle work? Uh? Yeah?
Speaker 6: My beautiful girlfriend McKenna, she got a job at the Seattle Children's Hospital.
Speaker 4: And then whoa, whoa dude, we didn't know anything about some This is how long we haven't we don't get a chick.
Speaker 6: It's only been three years.
Speaker 5: Well, you don't call us anymoy. How are we supposed to know these things?
Speaker 1: All right? So anybody ever act all right? We always ask you never listen same snark.
Speaker 4: So the chick got a job in Seattle, and you are you able to find work there or you're just holding to your best?
Speaker 1: Now I'll find something. It's not going to be that difficult. You know what they say about Seattle, it'll be sleepless there.
Speaker 4: They don't say that there was a movie called Sleepless in Seattle.
Speaker 1: Slew there, no, none of that. Second Kentucky here every one time.
Speaker 4: All right, you've been with this check for three years. You just quit your job without having a job in Seattle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I can't really do much about it.
Speaker 6: I have to do an interview in person, so I just have to wait.
Speaker 1: Well, bro, I'm happy. What's your girl's name? Gen Z Zach? Gen Z what McKenna? McKenna here, gen Z McKenna. Hello, you like that guy? You like that? Guys like that guy? Yeah, he's a pain in the ass.
Speaker 10: He has a pain in the ass.
Speaker 1: Okay, so well agree on that. So you and I are gonna get along just fine. That's awesome.
Speaker 4: Where are you originally from?
Speaker 10: Iowa?
Speaker 4: Okay? So this is is this your first move away from home?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And your only support is gen z Zach scary Yeah, unfortunately, keep you in check, I'm sure. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, no, we do love that guy. He is a pain in the ass. So we agree on that. But best of luck to you. You're starting a new nursing gig.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Well, I've been a nurse for about two years now. I started at the University of Iowa and I started as like a nursing assistant, and then I got went to nursing school. Got a job in there, Nick you and then now I'm leaving.
Speaker 4: Wow, well, best of luck to you and you guys are physically driving to Seattle right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are so great. Are you going to what's the wrong stop.
Speaker 10: Is in Colorado? Because we have three cats in the back.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's a cat guy. Know, he's a cat guy. You're a cat. Well, that makes him a cat guy because you're a cat check. Did you say you were to the Iowa Children's Hospital?
Speaker 11: Yeah, so I went.
Speaker 10: I worked at the University of Iowa Children's Hospital.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Is that a the football field? Is that the one that the football team waves too? Yes? Yes, we're the one that started the wave.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, if you guys don't know what we're talking about, there is a children's hospital that backs up to a football stadium and the players will wave and all the kids will.
Speaker 1: Get in the window. It is.
Speaker 4: It's really cool. Now, everybody in the stadium, does it? Google the story? Google the story. Hey, listen, nice to meet you, gen z Zach. Good checking in with you, guys. I'm up against a break man. That's the luck.
Speaker 1: They're on the way. See how to look at those young kids? Man. I think they're gonna do just fine on the flip. Got a reck check for you.
Speaker 4: We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the game Rock and All te.
Speaker 2: Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 4: Ninety four or five of the bus. Good Morning, Rod, Ryan's Show. Welcome back on this throwback Thursday. We've got a dead fog advisory. Cloudy Sky's ten percent chance of rain highs today of around seventy one.
Speaker 1: Hey, Alex B. Hello Rod. What's trending? Not a lot of good stuff. Deaths are leading our trending. G hack Man. We talked about that in Houston Headlines.
Speaker 5: He was found dead in his Santa Fe, New Mexico home, along with his wife and dog. We don't know the cause of death, but the Fishes was saying that there is no foul play suspected in this one. Another celebrity death was Michelle Trachtenberg, the euro Trip and Harriet the Spy actress passed away at the age of thirty nine. She was found in responsive in her New York City apartment, and they said that they don't expect any foul play on that one either, but she had recently undergone a liver transplant, so I don't know if maybe there are complications for that or anything like that, but I'm sure more news will come out on that, and then measles continues to trend. This morning, we had the first reported measles death in the United States since twenty fifteen, and it was a school age kid in Texas.
Speaker 4: Brutal anything good trending throwback Thursday studio. He's trending again now, Helsen Studio, Sixtagram Thursday.
Speaker 1: I'm sure is going to be trending. Here's what's trending all night by the best. All right, thank you, here we go.
Speaker 12: Good morning everybody. This is slow Fast Andrew avoiding a one pump chump for the second time this year, making me your fresh out of dead head to head two day champions and the only champion in Houston right now. Two questions, two answers. You're welcome Rod, join me on fick Thursday as I make it win Number three bitches, do you want to play?
Speaker 1: Start dialing now?
Speaker 4: Seven one three, two one two five five Red Hot Chili Pepper Scar Tissue.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five The Buzzy four buzz Good morning, Ron Ryan's Show on a throw back Thursday. Very excited because.
Speaker 4: We have another one of you, one of our great listeners coming down to play reading my lips today.
Speaker 1: Scott Sanders.
Speaker 4: He's squaring off against the Chile on National Chili Day.
Speaker 1: I know we don't have time now. He's gotta be nervous.
Speaker 4: I'm nervous. How many times are we playing sucking on a chili dog today? That's what I'm getting nervous about. Okay, and you play it too many times?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I might think so, but who cares. We don't have time right now, but we will be playing that later today.
Speaker 4: Dense Fog Advisory, Cloudy's guys, little chances of rain high seventy one.
Speaker 1: Let's play.
Speaker 13: And now it's time for the fresh out of bed Head to head Challenge Listeners to York Corners.
Speaker 1: He's been fast fast Andrew, good morning. How are you doing doing good? Dude? You're doing great on this game. Yes, sir, you're going for tournament champions. Yeah, I hear you. You're going for win number three? Right, yes, sir, you take it on. David.
Speaker 4: Hello, David step dude, you played last year in November.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how'd you do.
Speaker 9: Didn't didn't win.
Speaker 1: You stunked the place up? I got it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I speak David, Y stunk the play. Well, Chili is on Chile is very generous on Chili Day. He's throwing in a pair of tickets to pierce the Veil Sleeping with Sirens and Beach Weather June twelve, Woodlands Pavilion. The winner will be at that concert. The other person he's gonna have to go to ticketmaster dot com to.
Speaker 1: Get those tickets.
Speaker 4: David, you want to win these tickets today, don't you. Oh yeah, And it's not even about the prize. It's just about winning and running around and telling everybody that you want and then being invited back like Andrew has been invited back. Okay, you're shouting out your name when you think you know the answer, Alex.
Speaker 8: Listen, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel I get a zeroing in on these guys. I got a weird vibe with David, meaning I think he might be well, let's just see, let's find out, all right, let's find out.
Speaker 4: Here comes your questions. Guys, you're yelling out your name, don't yell out an answer. We don't know what to do with that.
Speaker 1: Question. Number one.
Speaker 4: How many years are in a decade?
Speaker 1: Aid, David. It's a correct answer. That was slow, Andrew. I don't think Andrew was slow. David was insanely fast fast.
Speaker 5: David faster fast, He's slow fast Andrew. I, what's up.
Speaker 1: The name David got in? I could hear Andrew didn't agree. It's okay. Podcasts will be available about it now podcast All right, Andrew and David. Andrew just went right here we go. Here comes your question.
Speaker 4: What mythical creature is half woman, half fish?
Speaker 1: Andrew? Mermaid?
Speaker 4: Mermaids the correct answer, fast, andrews back. Okay, this is a game I told you we needed.
Speaker 1: I needed you to listen for the win, David. Andrew. What is always greener on the other.
Speaker 4: Side, David on the grass?
Speaker 1: That is a correct answer. He got you, dude, I found completely different on the phone.
Speaker 6: Thank you for.
Speaker 1: He got you. Andrew. You're an out for Electric Factory.
Speaker 5: You think we'd be rigging games against you?
Speaker 1: No, not at all, man.
Speaker 12: That's the way he is insane, though.
Speaker 4: And Israel. All right, slow fast Andrew, you were fast, but David was, like I said, insanely fast David this morning, dude, those two that you beat him on. He was right there on your ass and that last question was even the closest one. But you are the winner and for your win today, pierce the veil.
Speaker 1: Tickets those are yours.
Speaker 4: And then the most important thing is I invite you to come on the show tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Would you like to play tomorrow? David? Absolutely? All right, bro, Wow, that was a really good game.
Speaker 14: The rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five the Bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the bus, Shine down, don't die.
Speaker 4: Good morning, rod Ryan Show. On this throwback Thursday, Dens Fog Advisory Today Claude Skies highs up around seventy one.
Speaker 13: Come on a fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 1: Good morning everybody. This is David.
Speaker 9: You're a fresh out of bed head to head one day champion. I don't think I've won a game on the show in over eight years. Wow, And let me tell you it feels nice. Join me on free beer Friday when I make a win number two bitches.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he told me he played last year, and he's played throughout the years. But eight years, he said, at least since he's won a fresh out of bed head to head game, so saying that I had to help him with the speech.
Speaker 1: He's like speech, what's speech? What speech? I don't know?
Speaker 4: Now you know about the speeches. He's invited to come back and play tomorrow. Adam says, don't let Adam full or don't let Andrew fool you. He intentionally lost the game. His family must be ready for their road trip. The game is gonna get in the way. He's so slow fast Andrew. He comes out to all of our stuff. Nobody worked harder to get into that twentieth anniversary party than slow fast Andrew him in the family.
Speaker 1: But he's the road trip guy.
Speaker 4: He takes the whole family and then boom drives all over the country and stuff. He probably does have a road trip coming up, spring break coming up in a couple of weeks. Here if his kids are in HISD. I got some Rodeo Houston tickets. The cook up starts like Thursdays, like the party, and I.
Speaker 1: Saw people were like doing like a preview last night.
Speaker 5: But I think tonight's might really like tonight when it starts, the jello shots are coming out. Yeah, a lot of people are gonna be like they were post Super Bowl Tomorrow maybe worse.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I remember my friends Jessica and Dinah coming in Friday morning after one of those Thursday nights out there and the and then seeing some pictures that they didn't share with me, but I saw some pictures of them on a shot louge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tessa got some Thursday night invitations, Tessa.
Speaker 4: Tessa would come in and she would look like she had a good time the night before.
Speaker 1: So it's a lot of fun. Maybe the most fun night.
Speaker 4: I don't go on Thursday. I've gone once on a Thursday. It's just it's trouble, not if you got to work early. Hi, Hell, good morning, It's Thursday. Everybody's going Yeah, I guess all right, Hey, I brought in some fun facts.
Speaker 1: Were again it's the fun that's to the day.
Speaker 8: We make you look smart.
Speaker 1: And ere bodies.
Speaker 7: It's the funk to the day.
Speaker 1: All right, there's the fun facts for you guys. Last year I had my first Jersey Mike sandwich. OMG, awesome it is.
Speaker 4: Have you guys had it? They're good, They're really good. The founder of Jersey Mike Subbs is not named Mike. Peter Cancrow. He worked at a shop called Mike subs in New Jersey when he was in high schooling and he decided to buy the franchise and kept the name.
Speaker 1: I ain't Blackrock bought it now.
Speaker 4: I think that John More guy talks about that because his name's not John Moore, but he kept it John Moore because he bought the plumbing business from John Moore.
Speaker 1: I met that guy, like the ball guy, the week after he bought it. Oh really him and his daughter. He does it. They do a pretty good commercial. Jersey. Mike's was bought by Blackstone. Blackstone, not black Frock. Blackstone very different. It's like black Rock, Blackstone black Rock. It's kind of the same thing.
Speaker 4: Through Through its one hundred and forty ninth and final show, Taylor Swift's Eras Tour sold more than two billion dollars in tickets, double the gross ticket sales of any other concert tour in the history of concert tours.
Speaker 6: That is.
Speaker 4: Wo tour ran from March twenty twenty three to December twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: I mean it fell. It was five years. It did feel like it was a long time.
Speaker 4: I mean that is long, but it's double the gross of any other concert.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, and.
Speaker 4: Concerts that went out for much longer spans of time too.
Speaker 1: Some of that Elton John stuff went on for three years, you know.
Speaker 4: Finally, a librarian at the University of New Hampshire saved up his whole life and ended up leaving four million dollars to the school when he died. They took one million of that and used it on a new football scoreboard, which wasn't exactly his vision for that money.
Speaker 1: That's neat.
Speaker 4: He gave the money, didn't give exact plans on where he needed it to go.
Speaker 1: But he was a librarian.
Speaker 4: He did not want to buy million dollar scoreboard, So be very specific when you leave money.
Speaker 1: It's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 5: We make you look smart here, buddies, it's the funk back to the day.
Speaker 4: All right, let's keep the rodeo talk going. March sixth is a j R. If you'd like it.
Speaker 1: To go, it's your fun. Oh this is cool.
Speaker 4: The employees at Ben and Jerry's get some freebies every single day.
Speaker 1: What do they get over there?
Speaker 4: It's employees at Ben and Jerry's. Seven one, four five.
Speaker 1: Now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash. Okay, hey, hi Captain Cash.
Speaker 11: Yes, and there is a big difference between Blackstone and black Hole.
Speaker 4: Very big difference. Thank you for that. Hell Hi, how you doing Wall Street?
Speaker 1: Yesterday?
Speaker 11: It was another mixed down Wall Street. The Dow was down one hundred and eighty eight points. Kick off this morning at forty three thousand, four hundred and thirty three. NASDA up forty eight to nineteen thousand and seventy five minuts mark ten. Your treasure is trading at a four point three one percent in oil trades at sixty nine dollars thirty eight cents a barrel to the most actors, the big studs Navidia, Sherwin, Williams and Walt Disney. The big duds Boeing, am Jen and Apple. On the economic calendar this morning, we'll get numbers on pending home sales for January right now. Futures, Hey, they're on the upside. Hang on to this will be a pause opening right here on Wall Street. That's it.
Speaker 1: Met here.
Speaker 11: This is Halan miniature director with the Raymond James ported for the Rod Ryan Show from.
Speaker 1: Raymony James on, Stanfillip and Augustin. Don't forget always rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 14: Opimian's expressed are those of all Land and not necessarily those of Raymond James of Associates Income Ever, NYC, AS, IDC, I ART Radio or a sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed.
Speaker 2: If there's no.
Speaker 14: Insurance transmission, we'll continue. If this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to RAN. This programs are educational and informational purposes on leak. The studs and duds are based on movement. As reported by Young Knight.
Speaker 4: Ninety four to five The Boss, Welcome back, Rod Ryan Show. Sure looks like Christina got through.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hey, good morning, Good morning Christina.
Speaker 4: Looks like employees at Ben and Jerry's get a pretty good deal. Every day they get some freebies.
Speaker 1: What do they get? Three pints of ice cream? Three free pints of ice cream?
Speaker 4: Every employee plus get a free gym membership as well. Not bad, Hey, Christina? How about Rodeo Houston March sixth a j R.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 12: I'm so excited.
Speaker 4: I'm excited for you. Thank you, Christina, and you sound awesome. Thanks for being a part of Home Room today.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 15: Hell may LEUSA played ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting ninety four point five the bus stations from iHeartRadio.
Speaker 13: The Ron Ryan Show every morning six to ten on ninety.
Speaker 4: Four to five The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz evan essence Call me when you're sober.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan's Show Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 4: Start thinking about getting some song clips in there. I'll tell you where you're not doing a great job today.
Speaker 1: And it's first.
Speaker 4: It starts with me because I haven't really asked all that much.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I don't.
Speaker 4: Need to nudge you, guys, but today I need to nudge you. I need words for reading my lips.
Speaker 1: I need you, guys to send me some words. Email me directly, Rod at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 4: Send me a bunch of words suggestions that you think would work out great for the game. The Chile is going to be taken on listener Scott Sanders today at A twenty Send me your words, dense fog Advisory. Cloudy's guys hies up around seventy one today, Alex has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Good morning Rod, Good morning home Room.
Speaker 5: During a cabinet meeting yesterday, President Donald Trump and asding an impending agreement with Ukraine concerning the exploitation of its rare earth minerals. To confirmed that Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelenski's scheduled to visit the White House tomorrow to formalize the deal. President Trump did emphasize that the deal does not include any substantial US security guarantees for Ukraine and that they will have Europe do.
Speaker 1: That is what he said.
Speaker 5: Trump also said that Russian President Vladimir p It would have to make some concessions of his own in peace negotiations to have Russia.
Speaker 1: Involved in any potential deal going forward.
Speaker 5: The US Department of Agriculture expects egg prices to surge by over forty percent this year due to the bird flu outbreaks that have led to the death of more than one hundred and sixty six million birds, primarily egg laying chickens. In response, the Trump administration has unveiled a plan to combat AVI and flu, allocating an additional one billion dollars to enhance farm biosecurity and explore vaccine development. The USDA's strategy includes importing eggs and providing financial aid to affected farmers. But these measures may have a limited immediate impact, so it doesn't look like these surg charges.
Speaker 1: On eggs are going away anytime soon.
Speaker 5: Would you ever want to move to another country? I know you would probably can Yeah, I know you you go back to home, right, I.
Speaker 4: Would probably if I was to move to another I put this up on our Facebook page early this morning, and a lot of people were commenting on it.
Speaker 5: Well, seventeen percent of Americans say yes they would, and two percent are already aiming that they're planning.
Speaker 1: On moving in the next five years.
Speaker 4: So I don't look at it like it's one of those like, oh okay, these celebrities say if this person gets in office, I'm leaving the country. If you if if you chose to move out of the country for a couple of years, what country would you choose? That's how I worded it on Facebook. Italy is coming up big and what everyone's asking.
Speaker 1: What aions?
Speaker 5: So yeah, Well, the website Talker pulled two thousand people in what country they would move.
Speaker 1: To had they left the US.
Speaker 5: The top choice was Canada nineteen percent, followed by Italy, England, Australia, and Ireland. So for of those top five destinations you would not be required to learn a new language.
Speaker 1: Well, right there, Canada is so similar to it's cold. I mean it's a country, rappier, colder version of the US.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I don't know. We live in the greatest country the word. Why would you want to learn? Whether that's what I say about? I mean Jamaica, Go Jamaica. Uh so you can go check this out and vote on our on our poll. Right there after cutting his hand during a rant about the Department of Government efficiency and on Monday, John Stewart might actually be interviewing Elon Musk. Musks did say on an ex post that he would go on The Daily Show as long as they aired the interview unedited. The Daily Show's X account responded, we'd be delighted to Musk's post. We have no word yet on a date for the potential interview.
Speaker 1: Do you think it happens, Yeah, I do, because it has played out a little bit publicly. I don't think the Daily Show is gonna want to back off on that.
Speaker 5: So I think John Stewart would be a really good person to interview Elon Wess. I agree, he's pretty good at looking at both sides. And like being fair. If you had to create a Mount Rushmore of grunge music, which bands would you choose? Well? Vice dot Com shared their Mount Rushmore of grunge along with who they think represents each president On Mount Rushmore. They've got Nirvana as George Washington, Sound Garden as Thomas Jefferson, Pearl Jam as Theo Roosevelt, and Alice in Chains as Abraham Lincoln.
Speaker 1: I was trying to find something wrong with this.
Speaker 5: I didn't match it up with the President's Mother Lovebone is supposed to be like the origin story of that, so I feel like maybe you could argue that they belong there. But who are you taking off for Other Lovebone? You really all the other four are way more successful.
Speaker 4: You really can't you have like I'm thank you for mentioning Mother Lovebone.
Speaker 1: I always do that.
Speaker 4: Nicole Harvey is the only one that went out and bought that Mother Love Bone album after me telling everybody you need to go get that.
Speaker 1: That was the beginning.
Speaker 4: There's a couple of guys that were in Pearl Jam that were in Mother Lovebone, but Andrew Wood was the lead singer who passed away right.
Speaker 5: I can't remember what documentary was about. It was a grunge documentary and they were talking about how Mother Love Boney started it all.
Speaker 1: And I checked him out. They rock, They just walked so everybody else could fly.
Speaker 4: He was Chris Cornell's roommate. The song would by Alison Chains. The song Far Behind from Candlebox.
Speaker 1: The whole project of Temple of the Dog is a tribute to Andrew Wood. But yeah, you asked me if STP was grunge.
Speaker 5: I was looking up other grunge bands because I was like, who like this? Usually don't agree with the lists that we share. Yeah, but this seems like if you were naming a Mount Rushmore you only get four.
Speaker 1: This is pretty good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I like to call the flannel four. And then is that what you would go to? You would go with these four as well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, have to. I think most people would.
Speaker 4: It's inarguable somebody's gonna come in and say you could argue, but yeah you shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Well, well, Rod, you gonna put mud Honey in there, get out of here with that. Oh they're not.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're not in the same stratosphere as though not at all, but those are Houston's headlines. So always fun to talk about Mount Rushmore, though I could do that all the time.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Rockets continue, they're winning weights. Yeah, they're hot right now.
Speaker 5: They beat the Spurs one oway to one oh six last night, just a day after getting injected. Am In Thompson had twenty five points to the nights to lead all players and scoring. Rockets are now thirty seven and twenty two on the season. They'll have a couple of days off before they play the Kings on Saturday night. Down at Spring Training. The Astros also got to win yesterday. They shut out the Nationals three to nothing. This afternoon, they're gonna play the Mets down in Port Saint Lucie, Florida. First pitch is at twelve ten. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, seven o'clock out.
Speaker 4: You are being tasked with sending me some word suggestions or read my lips. Email me Rod at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: Alex. You are being tasked to line up some.
Speaker 4: Songs so that we can listen to what's available for Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 1: Today, and then I'll get ready. We're gonna give.
Speaker 4: Away some eye Prevail, Bear Tooth, kill Switch Engage tickets at around seven to twenty this morning. That's win them before they go on sale tomorrow. So everyone's got their little work to do right now.
Speaker 1: Houston's rocking alternatives The.
Speaker 14: Rod Last The Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five Buzz ninety four or.
Speaker 4: Five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan SHOWMP some mandatory metallica. That's interstandman. Welcome to the seventh Spot. If you're carrying over from homeroom, thank you. If you're just joining us, Waity waky, hands off the snakies. Dense bog advisory today. Ten percent chance of rain, partly with cloudy skies. Highs of around seventy one. Okay, you heard me, so thank you.
Speaker 1: That was great.
Speaker 4: A lot of words coming. I'm not there yet. I still need more word suggestions. I need you guys to email me what words you think would be good for a round of reading my lips. Today we've got listener Scott Sanders coming into play the Chili on Chili.
Speaker 1: Day, Alex, Do we have anything for that?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 8: We do.
Speaker 4: I probably could have you know, we had five and a half minutes of metallic I probably could have told you to get that ready, but I was over here gathering words and trying to see what you guys are voting for for throwback Thursday Thursdays, I'm running around like an ape with his ass on fire.
Speaker 1: So it is National Chili Day, even though our guy is the chile A. I thought this has to be played at some point. Sucking on a.
Speaker 16: Chili dolly, a chili does, sucking now on a chili do, sucking on a chill live doll, chili dog, sucking up on a chili doe, sucking on the dolls, sucking on a chill lid doll, sucking on, sucking.
Speaker 17: Chili does, sucking on a dog, sucking on a chili doe, sucking chili sucking, sucking chili sucking Chili do.
Speaker 1: A little ditty about Jack and dye to Marican Keiths sucking on a chill lead dog. It's a masterpiece? Really? Is Is it better than? Is it better than the Seals singing Seal? What's better? I feel like the Seal one makes me laugh? Or but this is a better song. I don't know. They both make me laugh.
Speaker 8: Chili.
Speaker 1: What does that do for you?
Speaker 4: You gotta play, you have to play, read my lips. Does that gets you amped? Or does that bring you down?
Speaker 1: What does it do for you? Nothing? I I love it if it's a smile on my stupid face every time I hear it.
Speaker 18: I mean, at first I used to get on my nerves. Okay day and now I'm like, you know what, Embracey.
Speaker 4: You've embrace It is an ever loving masterpiece.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Happy Chili Day, everybody, Happy Chile Day around here every day, every day, Chile a day, all day, every day.
Speaker 8: Twenty four to seven.
Speaker 1: You worried if you heard from Scott Sanders. Is he on his way? Is he coming in? What do you know?
Speaker 18: I have not reached out to him because it's still kind of early, so I usually start reaching out like around seven forty okay, saying hey.
Speaker 8: What's up, you know whatever.
Speaker 18: But he seemed very excited and ready to do it yesterday, so I'm not too much worried about him.
Speaker 1: All right, I can't wait to meet him. Thank you, Chili. Just continue on, get your game face ready.
Speaker 4: It is throwback Thursday. We're gonna do song clips about fifteen minutes. Good Charlotte is in the lead right now, beating Tantric and the ex Sies.
Speaker 1: Remember our friends, the Exies came in for the Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party. We got it.
Speaker 4: We need some on the xe's there's very low votes right now, so I don't know. You guys need to be very busy this morning as well. So I understand that if I can just get a little bit of time for you to email me some words for read my lips, go in and vote for Throwback Thursday, and then number one, just listen. You're listening is enough, it is, but if you want to do some of the other fun stuff, fun things, I like you guys to get involved on the flip of this break at a wreck check, We'll find out what's trending, and then I will give away tickets to I Prevail, Bear Tooth, Kill, Switch Engage. We just announced the show they're playing June twenty ninth, that the Woodland's tickets go on sale tomorrow at ten.
Speaker 1: We like to get you in before those tickets go on sale. Rock and Alternative Fair use to The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 2: Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 4: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rob Ryan's Show, Throwback Thursday. We're gonna do song clips. Oh that's a short song. That's okay, a couple minutes, Alex, line up everything that we've got for Throwback Thursday, so we can kind of take a listen to that and see what we should be voting for today. A great ticket for you coming up. Whin them before they go on sale. Tickets don't go anywhere. Dense fog advisory, cloudy skies, nothing over a ten percent chance of rain. I have seventy one. Another nice looking day. Man might not be quite as sunny as yesterday, but man, yesterday was beautiful.
Speaker 1: Offside, Hi, Alex, what's trending well? Gene Hackman continues to trend.
Speaker 5: The legendary actor passed away at ninety five. He was found in his home along with his wife and dog late last night, and they do not have a cause of death, and they also do not expect any foul play.
Speaker 1: Jackie said me an email. Okay, I wish you guy.
Speaker 4: Jackie, thank you, he says a brother, and I hope you're feeling okay. Your co host passed away, Gene Hackman. I know you guys were in a movie together.
Speaker 1: You co starred in Runaway.
Speaker 4: Jerry, Thanks Jackie. Yeah, I like to tell people like, yeah, it was me. Gene Hackman Dustin Hoffman, John Cusack. It's all star cast.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I am in the movie run Away Jury. It's a great movie, by the way, because I'm in it. I'm in it for two seconds, all.
Speaker 1: Two seconds of the movie. A lot of people are saying, I'm.
Speaker 4: On the radio for two seconds in the very beginning of that movie. But they were filling it in New Orleans. So it's a John Grisham book that's turned into a movie. Okay, so thank you, Jackie. Yeah, I never really considered myself a co host with those guys. Butt star, we are in the same very yeah, co star. I guess we are in the same movie.
Speaker 5: Also trending is thin Instagram Thursday people are checking out are thirty of the Day Chelsea Wild submitted to us by listener Rick great suggestion, Rick, I know Chili loves this submission to go check her out at the world Famished rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot Com. Then, also trending is a dual Carter, the Penn State defensive end and potential number one overall pick in the NFL draft, has a stress fracture in his foot and it could have to undergo surgery. So that could potentially affect his draft stock. But that's what people are talking about, and that's what's trending. On ninety foot five of the bus.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I was over here looking at the Instagram. Get you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's Chili's day. Did he submit the Instagram feature today?
Speaker 1: No, listener, Rick did? Okay, it's Chili's pen name. Be all right. I got some tickets going on sale tomorrow.
Speaker 4: We announced the summer of Loud Tour I Prevail, Bear Tooth, Kill Switch, Engage, Parkway Drive, along with the Double Worth, Prada, The Amity Affliction and Alpha Wolf. It's a hell of a show June twenty eight out of the Woodlands Pavilion. Tickets will go on sale tomorrow at ten. Why don't you win a pair from us right now? Call the man we've been talking about. It's his day seven one, three, two and two, five, nine four five looking for caller number two.
Speaker 2: The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five.
Speaker 7: For us, You come Rod said, Sun.
Speaker 19: Come round'll come around this the Simples.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is splep, so let me go ninety four or five buzz, Good morning Rod Ryan's Show. It's our friend Oliver Tree and let me down. He's been quiet lately, as I don't go seeking his content out.
Speaker 4: But for a while, his content was seeking me out, and him and his Jinko jeans and his record breaking scooter.
Speaker 1: Razor scooter like the world's tallest Razor scooter. Like I was, I was getting a ton of Oliver Tree content.
Speaker 4: He was everywhere, and then he put out a country album and then I haven't really heard much since.
Speaker 1: Are you seeing anything?
Speaker 6: I have not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a guy that's like, was really pushing out a lot of content on social media.
Speaker 1: Good morning everybody. I hope you're off field.
Speaker 4: Great start to here day. Be careful with that fog dense fog advisory on right now. I have seventy one today. Let's go give away some tickets.
Speaker 1: No, let's not do that. Let's just I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. I should just do I guess. Yes, I'm going to the phones here, but keep that X song fresh because I want to go. I want to start with that Good Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 8: Good morning.
Speaker 1: Well Hello, who's this. Let's Tracy down a bickets and a row. What's up brother? Some dude you're calling number teen?
Speaker 8: Alright, alright, get some ticket?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got a great ticket here for you, the Summer of Loud Tour twenty twenty five. I Prevail, Bear Tooth, Kill, Switch, Engage, Parkway Drive, a bunch of other bands. Man, it's June twenty eighth. Circle that on your calendar. Bro, You're locked in with a pir of tickets Woodland's Pavilion. Everyone else.
Speaker 1: Tickets will go on sale tomorrow at ten am. Where are you from again? Tracy Jackinson, Texas? All right, jackoson on the board. All right, wait a referend it.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you, dude, I appreciate you. Hang on for me here, all right, now, let's talk throwback Thursday. I'm gonna walk you through all of these songs. I think this is the exes. Our friend Scott Stevens was a part of the twenty year anniversary party.
Speaker 1: Oh hello ya like man o years a hello, so someone.
Speaker 4: Scott was great at the twentieth aniversary party. He kind of got things started well. He went on after Rosie, but then he got called back on. He's like super pals and he wrote some stuff with Brent from Shinedown and they called him out on stage and they said that even Shindown said that Scott Stevens is one of the best guys in the music business. He's the lead singer the X. This song came out in two thousand and four. We were bagging this when I first moved here.
Speaker 1: Great song. It's in last place, all right. This is tantrick them after all the New after the show.
Speaker 4: But deep so the band Days of the New, Touch, peel and stand a lead singer, was a mess. He was featured on the A and E Show Intervention. He was a junkie.
Speaker 1: He's young.
Speaker 4: They were really really young. He couldn't get his act together. But he must have owned Days of the New. So everybody left Days of the New and started up this ban tantric.
Speaker 1: Okay, forgot about them, To be honest with.
Speaker 4: You, they're in second place. Here comes Skateboard and Alex Yeah.
Speaker 1: Buddy Harry comes.
Speaker 8: I don't want to be you.
Speaker 1: Cargo shorts like a flannel. It's two sizes too big. I can see you, I can see you, but at all bills. That's a good life, that's so. But everyday you're voting for this right? Uh yeah?
Speaker 8: I made.
Speaker 1: Ray beside Joel and Benji Madden. Do you know which one is which? With which celebrity Cameron Diaz and then Richie, but which Joel and Benji? Who's with who? Fifty shot? Yeah, Joel is with Nicole. You might be right. I don't know. Yeah, I don't know. It's gonna go with that. Tantrick is in the lead with one hundred and seventy four votes. Good Charlotte has one hundred and sixty eight votes. It's very close.
Speaker 4: And then and then our buddy Scott Stevens in the XIS, He's got ninety votes. So, I mean, we don't even have five hundred votes yet. You know, we like to get this thing over two thousand, So it's early. Anything could happen. I would like to get you guys in there and doing a little voting on the world famous rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com. Winning song will be played two hours from now at nine thirty The rod.
Speaker 1: Ryan Show, Good Morning, So ninety four five The Buzz. Okay, you put that in there.
Speaker 19: Oh I did.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 4: Thank you, biss and pardon me. I appreciate everybody getting in there and doing some voting. On Throwback Thursday, the winning song played today at nine thirty, as I had mentioned, and you're doing a great job.
Speaker 1: You're doing a great job and tons of work.
Speaker 4: I gotta go in here and get after the words that you guys are sending in reading my lips is coming in or is coming up.
Speaker 1: At around eight twenty this morning, I was just.
Speaker 4: Pulling up the throwback Thursday, and good Charlotte jumped massively above Tantrick and the exist.
Speaker 1: Good Charlotte. You'll be happy to hear Alex is in first place right now. Anything could happen, Anything could happen.
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 1: Really shoehorning? I was trying it. You're not all gonna be wearing really shoehorning that one in there not to take the shot and fail and not take a shot at all. Den's fog advisory today.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You should have held up. It should have passed.
Speaker 2: Not that guy.
Speaker 1: I'm a peacock. You gotta let me fly. The Rod Ryan showed, Charity Golf opened. The tournament itself is sold out, but I need more. Her sponsors Edmial Transfer and Rigging is our title sponsor. Once again, Thank you do.
Speaker 4: Consisi Carbock is in Grazzi Italian Kitchen is in past the gravy is in. Willie's ice house is in for a whole sponsor. I heard the Texas.
Speaker 8: Hammer was in.
Speaker 1: Really yeah. I was on a chain of emails with the Texas Hammers and they're like, yeah, we of course we want to be involved in that. That's also usually plays. Yeah, Bill does play, comes out with his bros. Hammer's that ball he does, Yes, he does.
Speaker 4: So if you want to get your business involved, I told you about the UH and then we need auction items.
Speaker 1: And I told you about I got back to.
Speaker 4: UH the gal that makes quilts, Oh yeah, and she needs a bunch of rod and I asked her if she could make a rod Ryan Show quilt using Rod Ryan Show t shirt.
Speaker 1: She goes, of course, I can do that. So she's gonna she's gonna take that upon herself to do that and have that ready to go as an auction item. I might bit on that self, all right. So that's the golf tournament. It's still up there on links and guests today. What was the biggest flop?
Speaker 4: This is what they're discussing on air right now or online. What was the biggest flop that was hyped as the next big thing. I don't think it was hyped as the next big thing, but for some reason, only because I knew a person that had one and you did two.
Speaker 1: Her name was Phyllis and she had this little MP three player called the Zoon. Do you remember the Zoon. It was really.
Speaker 4: Supposed to go right head to head with the iPod. And the thing that was cool about the Zoon.
Speaker 1: And it's still cool about the Zoon even though they're not making them.
Speaker 4: It had a radio on it. It had an old school radio on it, I think, with a dial and everything. It's pretty cool that they did that. That separated them from the from you know, from the iPod. Yeah, she's the only one I knew that had one, and she's fought tooth and nail like to say, no, this is better, this is better, and I'm like, even I can't admit that that it's better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a pretty bad one.
Speaker 5: I feel like there's some failed social media sites at Google Plus.
Speaker 1: I remember when I was in college that.
Speaker 5: Was supposed to be the Facebook killer. Move over Facebook. Google Plus is there, and then were you around that it went away and no one cared. And I think Blue Sky is kind of that way. And I think threads is kind of that way now too.
Speaker 1: They're still pushing threads.
Speaker 4: Well, it's only because you have Instagram. Yeah, I never got into that. Who had one? Did Tessa have one? That curved television screen?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was I don't even know what it was called, just a curved TV, yeah, or three d TVs. It looked cool, man Like I remember being at a Best Buy and putting on the glasses.
Speaker 1: It looked amazing. It turns out we made TV is pretty cool and we don't really need to change it that much.
Speaker 4: Three dtvs would be dope if we could figure that one out. Uh, here's here's some other things that we're mentioned on here. Okay, so everything we talked about Google Plus, I see three dtvs cool zoom.
Speaker 1: I don't know Google Plus is too. Okay, this the segway now was still cooling. You still see guys. Every mo cop knows them.
Speaker 8: Nope, no, every cop.
Speaker 4: We were told that this was going to change transportation and we were going to see them everywhere. You were led to believe that there was going to be more people on segways than people walking.
Speaker 5: Think about they didn't go away, like, I still see him, Like if you go to the mall. You still see a cop. It didn't change the world.
Speaker 1: It did not change the world. I'll give you that. And then the inventor of a segway passed away on a segway. The guy went over a cliff. Yeah, yep, I learned that on this morning.
Speaker 4: Google glasses, Yeah, they couldn't get them to take off. It's been ten years since they tried getting Google glasses to take off.
Speaker 1: I never tried them.
Speaker 5: They're kind of that way too. Okay, even that was a trend. And it's like, look at this guy on the subway. He's got these apple glasses on and he's not even lived in real life.
Speaker 1: And then like, when was the last time you heard about those? Let's see fake meat. It's still a thing, though it is.
Speaker 4: It's expensive. One person online said, surely mixing some plant proteins together at scale will eventually become cheaper than raising a whole ass cow. Right, it's a pretty good point. Fake meats are still out there, but it hasn't. I don't feel like that's changed the game all that much. The Impossible Burger didn't you feel like there was going to be a ton of options, and these fake plant based meat products at all the fast food restaurants.
Speaker 1: It didn't really seem to take off.
Speaker 5: It turns out like if you are not eating meat, you probably aren't going to fast food places. So being like, well, I wasn't already eating meat now, like gause, if you already weren't you already had a diet plan, you weren't like, well, now I can eat fast food.
Speaker 1: House Party was a remote gaming app from the pandemic Quarantine. I don't remember that. That's because it was flashing the pan say a Dreamcast. Yeah, it sucked. It didn't catch on.
Speaker 20: No.
Speaker 5: I just think it kind of came and went so fast. I feel like GameCube was more successful.
Speaker 1: But that was also sort of a bus I'll leave with this. Should virtual reality be bigger? The glasses Jeremy years ago was the first guy that I saw.
Speaker 4: I had a pair of these glasses, Jeremy who works here, huh, And he had us all doing a video like we were like.
Speaker 1: It's like a guitar Hero but with like a sword.
Speaker 4: We were playing like and you were like batting down like these orbs that were coming at you, and it was a fun thing.
Speaker 1: Is it not that big?
Speaker 4: I've never I never thought about buying was it oculus? And I never thought about buying a pair of glasses and slide my phone in there? Never once.
Speaker 1: It's not the cheap ones are the ones you put your phone in there. Okay, it's not huge, is it?
Speaker 20: No?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: There's like a whole metaverse thing and people are in the metaverse where it's a VR. But yeah, I don't think, like, I don't know ten people that have that, so I would say that you could say that to flop so far or maybe it's in.
Speaker 1: It's in and see, but it's been around long enough.
Speaker 4: Now something that has been mentioned here. You do listening to the radio, and you're like, Rod, it's huge?
Speaker 20: Is it?
Speaker 1: Just because you do something doesn't mean it's huge. I still have my Zoom. Yet you're the only one. You could be like the A team. You could be very elite, an elite group. Okay, and then you only you and you guys alone do that. That's fine. That's just some of what people are talking about online.
Speaker 5: The Rod Ryan Morning Show, six Am, The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. I just glanced over at Chili and the chili bowl. He's got company. I'm assuming that Scott Sanders. Uh, it's a random guy. It's weird. Chilly was your friend.
Speaker 4: He's got a little buddy coming in hanging out with you today. That's got to be Scott. Scott's gonna be playing Chile and read my lips. And he was selected because he signed up online. And I've got no reason to believe that he's not.
Speaker 1: Going to do great. We'll we'll find out what Scott is all about next hour.
Speaker 4: As read my lipt goes down at around eight twenty for BlackBerry smoke tickets. Dense fog advisory today, nasty fog out there, cloudy sky's ten percent chance of rain, nothing over that. All day highs today of around seventy one. Okay, Alex, what are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 1: Well, good morning everyone, the or.
Speaker 5: During cabinet meeting yesterday, President Donald Trump announced an impending agreement with Ukraine concerning the exploitation of rare minerals. He confirmed that Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelenski is scheduled to visit the White House tomorrow to formalize the deal. President Trump did emphasize that the deal doesn't include any substantial US security guarantees for Ukraine and that they will quote have Europe do that. Trump also said that Russian President Vladimir Putin would have to make some concessions of his own in peace negotiations to have Russia involved in any potential deal. An unvaccinated school age child has died from the measles, marking the first such death in the US since twenty fifteen. The outbreak that began late last Monk has resulted in at least one hundred and twenty four confirmed cases across nine Texas counties, with an additional nine cases in the eastern New Mexico. Health officials reported that eighteen individuals have been hospitalized and that the majority of those infected are children and teenagers. Amazon's Alexa is about to get a lot smarter. Amazon announced a big upgrade called Alexa Plus that aims to make Alexa a lot more like an actual assistant. She'll be able to browse the Internet for you, text people, book ubers, order groceries, make dinner re reserations, and buy concert tickets. She's also going to be able to remember things and remind you, so if you had family coming over for dinner, and you were You're like, your nephew's lactose intolerance. She's like, Rod, don't forget your nephew is lactose intolerant.
Speaker 1: And then you'll be like, Okay, cool, I won't put milk out for them. I thought it was interesting to say that you had one and you got rid of it. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: The AI stuff started happening, I was like, they're gonna absolutely get into your Alexa to figure out how to kill you.
Speaker 1: So that's what I'm a little stussed about all that stuff. Were you and your wife on the same page with that? Did she want to keep it? Yeah?
Speaker 5: She was cool that we used We used it mostly just to play music, but then we just put a blue suit speaker out there, so that's different.
Speaker 1: She's also gonna so yeah.
Speaker 5: Amazon's playing on rolling out the upgrade to select users next month before making it available to everyone in the following months. Legendary actor Gene Hackman has died at the age of ninety five. Police confirmed late last night that they found the bodies of Gene, his wife Betsy, and their dog in their Santa Fe, New Mexico home.
Speaker 1: No foul play is suspected and No cause of death has been announced.
Speaker 5: Slipknot lead singer Corey Taylor has teamed up with the band bad Omens to create a new version of Kansas's song dust in the Wind. The song is gonna be a part of an upcoming movie named Queen of the Ring that tells the story of Mildred Burke, who.
Speaker 1: Is the who was the first million dollar athlete?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the first today, the first athlete to make a million dollars was this female wrestler.
Speaker 1: She was a female wrestler for sure.
Speaker 5: And yeah, so that's that's gonna be documenting her life, and that'll come out on March seventh, which is also when this song will be available.
Speaker 1: He's a clip. Let's like a listen.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 4: I wonder why Corey Taylor just didn't do it on his own. He does some great covers. Uh, He's going with bad Opens on this.
Speaker 8: Then.
Speaker 5: I mean, I would say that's the third best version of it, because Kansas is is not even the best version. Sometimes they say that some people can cover the original better than the original.
Speaker 2: I think will Kill.
Speaker 8: Do it will only for a moment, the moments gone.
Speaker 1: Will Ferrell can sing yeah, and then he does what he does at the end of the song. It makes it funny.
Speaker 5: It's like when Sabrina Carpenter goes on SNL and is like, yes, acting pitchy.
Speaker 21: Secret, okay, wrestling on hold is don't beat yourself please, don't beat yourself up.
Speaker 8: Just got your fault?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: All right? Are letting us go to the end where he hits those notes, I mean we can. I'll be here all right if you want to for Blue, Oh we are. It's dustin here he goes, do it will beautiful, you're my boy Blue? Where's he used his headlines? I can't wait? Wizard email in three two one?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 1: The Will Ferrell thing went out a little long.
Speaker 5: This should have been out of three. Throw that Thursday song. It's just all of the Kansas covers and then Kansas is original.
Speaker 13: All right?
Speaker 1: What's going on in sports? The Rockets got another wind last night. They continue to stay hot.
Speaker 5: May beeat the Spurs one o eight to one oh six just a day after getting ejected. I'm in Thompson had twenty five points in the night to lead all players and scoring. Rockets are not thirty seven and twenty two on the season. They're gonna have a couple days off before playing the Kings on Saturday night. Down at Spring Training. The Astros also got to win. Yesterday they shout out the Nationals three to nothing. After this afternoon, they'll play the Mets in Port Saint Lucie, Florida. First pitch is at twelve ten. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about the drop. You used that Incubius song and uh, let's get rid of that Will Ferrell. Let's just get that Will Ferrell out of the system so you don't play it ever again.
Speaker 1: All right, come on, we're coming up on the halfway part of the show, The Rod Ryan Morning Show, six am. The Bus, all right, ninety four five the bus, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, eight oh five.
Speaker 8: Halfway part of the show.
Speaker 1: Peep up.
Speaker 4: That's fog advisory, cloudy sky, yes see, nothing over a ten percent chance of rainbow today and tonight hisum around seventy one, you were talking about the Mount Rushmore of grunge.
Speaker 1: Alison Chains was on the Mount Rushmore of Grunge. Yes they would, and it makes sense the bands that you were talking about. Jerry Cantrell was in town last night.
Speaker 4: Travis sent me an email listener Travis brother Rod, thanks again for the tickets to Jerry Cantrell and Filter last night. It was an amazing show. I didn't even know Filter was opening until I got there. Both bands were amazing. My wife met her best friend from high school at the show. Thanks again to the best morning show ever. And Travis sent along some pictures, so I'm going to share these. I'm going to send those over to my guy Chili on his day.
Speaker 1: Day. Chili now has those, he'll put those up later on. We like sharing those pictures. That's awesome. That's awesome. Yeah. No, I didn't get a chance. I didn't go last night. It's tough. This weekend is ridiculous. Yeah, yeah, great. Though here in Houston, I'm gonna be traveling, so I'm gonna miss out. I'm the.
Speaker 4: World famous barbecue cookoff that starts tonight. And then of course this is the year that, like I've had all these emails every time I'm in town Barbecue Cookoff. Now, I don't go every year, but I don't get off of squat because I'm gonna be Marty Gras in New Orleans.
Speaker 1: I got ten opportunities all over the place. That doesn't happen when I'm here, it doesn't happen.
Speaker 4: You're thinking that, like, oh, okay, these guys at the radio station, they know there's rolling in and out of tents.
Speaker 1: It's not like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, it's not like that in country stations, but not us. Janelle always hooks us up from war Pig Barbecue. She always hooks us up if we want to go.
Speaker 5: Is Chile?
Speaker 1: Are you going? I was planning on it, but I am not anymore? Okay, Chili?
Speaker 4: Are you doing the world famous barbecue and Cookoff? Oh he's he's too busy talking to his buddy.
Speaker 1: Hi, Chili, want you want to be on the show today? Or he's given the headphones to Scott. I want to talk to you, Chili. Are you going to the Barbecue Cookoff?
Speaker 8: Not tonight tomorrow yet?
Speaker 1: Thank you for not going tonight.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't get like being hung over tomorrow.
Speaker 4: You know these former cast members on The Rod Ryan Show that would go on Thursday night, not to name any names, but they were useless to me the next day, absolutely useless. I don't know what it is about the Barbecue Cookoff. It's everybody that's been on the show over the years. Everyone's been pretty good about, you know, handling themselves. I understand things come up and you got to go out during the week once in a while. Sometimes it's a concert, your favorite band's playing, and you got to go out during the week and you get home a little late. And everyone's been really good about it over the years. There's something about that cookoff that people act a fool. Yeah, they just cannot handle it, and they just the whole waking up early the next day goes out the window. It's happened to.
Speaker 1: Many people that have been on this show. Yeah, we'll get you. What is it about the Cookoff that's different. I don't know, it's it's just it's a different thing.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 1: It gets you caught up in it.
Speaker 5: It gets the shots that break out on Thursday night, and I feel like a lot of times, like if I just stick to just drinks and not shots.
Speaker 1: It's different. People can't control themselves.
Speaker 5: No Saint Patrick's Day and New Year's Eve almost so for a lot of people, not everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think I've ever gone on Thursday night.
Speaker 6: I have not.
Speaker 4: I don't think I ever have because because I know what I have to deal with. Yeah, what happens if I commit, and I'm I act a fool when I commit.
Speaker 1: I can't let me say that for golf tournaments.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: All right, Hey, Chilly, who's your buddy?
Speaker 8: Oh Scott?
Speaker 1: Hey, what's up guys? Scott? How are you?
Speaker 8: I'm good?
Speaker 1: How are y'all? I'm doing great. You're the guy that's gonna be playing Chili I am.
Speaker 4: Is it weird hanging out with him knowing that you want to destroy him on the radio.
Speaker 1: No, it ain't weird. Were just over here.
Speaker 22: I'm kind of playing him up actually, like I'm his friend and oh there you go. Well, uh, I'm in there coming being in all wasteless lips where you're from, Scott Montgomery out by Lake Connor. Okay, I appreciate you driving in this morning.
Speaker 1: How does the fog?
Speaker 23: I one bet traffic was horrible. I don't see how y'all do it every day? Dude, I used to drive out there. That drives thinks. Yeah, I'll leave it at that. All right, bro, I'm glad you're here.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get you in here in the studio coming up in just a little bit. Sounds good. He's decided. I'm excited. For you. It's weird though. You got to sit there with Chile, and I think Chili does the same thing. He acts like, you know, you guys are bodies. Yeah, and then Chili will tear you to shreds, try and kill you. He'll like the lawn bowl. He'll take those bull horns and shred you. We'll shred you like some of that barbecue beef.
Speaker 4: All right, let me take a break, let me get set up here. We'll get Scott joining us in studio. If you're not fired up online, the cameras are working, and I need to mention it more, you need to be watching this show on Facebook live on our YouTube channel at Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: I know those two places for sure. We are locked in if you want to watch what's going on during reading my lips, it's all coming up after.
Speaker 20: The break Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning Showy Rob Ryan's Show on this Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 1: Oh, let me have a little peek here. Refreshing Throwback Thursday. Good Charlotte has six hundred and eight votes. Tantric Breakdown three hundred and.
Speaker 4: Seventy four votes, X's Ugly two hundred and fifty nine votes. It's a runaway for good Charlotte, but a little under an hour left to do some voting on the rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: It's world famous. I heard Devin's fog advisory today, so be careful. A lot on the roads, Alex. What's trending well? Instagram? Thursday continues to trend. Chelsea Wilde was sent.
Speaker 5: To us by listener Rick and a lot of people are checking her out this morning to see her at the world famous rod Ryan Show page at.
Speaker 1: The buzz dot com. Good one today.
Speaker 5: Another trend right now is Hoosiers. Gene Hackman passed away. He learned about that this morning, and people are talking about how they loved his role as Coach Dale in the movie Hoosiers.
Speaker 1: He's at his most well known role. He it was he he won two Academy Awards, not for Hoosiers. All right, Well, I watched Hoosiers as a kid, so I remember it was that. Yeah, he won for the out the outs not the Outsiders. What the hell was that movie he made? I'll look it up. It's the one with Clint Eastwood, the Western that was really good.
Speaker 5: He won for that, Okay, well, people are talking about that and then Epstein files.
Speaker 1: Trending.
Speaker 5: Attorney General Pam Bondi says that the Jeffrey Epstein client list could be released today.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's true or not, but that's what people are talking about. And that's just training a night with by the Vice God. This guy was in just a million movies. He won for the French Connection in nineteen seventy one, and then he forget Yeah, yeah, yeah, and then he won four. I can't seem to find damn had somewhere in there. You want? All right, let me pull up some music here, I gotcha. There we go, all right, guys, start to read my lips. The Unforgiven was that Clint Easwood movie that he was in Great Western? Hi, Chili, are either a rod? You didn't see The Unforgiven?
Speaker 5: I haven't.
Speaker 8: I think I might have, but I might have fallen asleep.
Speaker 1: Woman fell asleep? Who's your friend?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 8: You mean my rival?
Speaker 1: Well, it seemed like you guys were getting along really well.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I got a butter the mop. You know, I can't just like being into him the whole time.
Speaker 1: Hi, Scott, how are you good?
Speaker 8: How are y'all I'm great.
Speaker 1: Do you feel chilly? Is beatable? At read my lips?
Speaker 8: I feel chilly?
Speaker 1: He's beatable. Yes, he has been beat by someone off the street like yourself, just coming in here and just a guy that's been playing this game for years. He's been beat before.
Speaker 8: Delusion.
Speaker 1: It's that easy.
Speaker 8: I think he's hungry, that driven to him.
Speaker 1: Scott, Scott, did you do any practice or anything like that before you get here?
Speaker 8: I did a little practice yesterday.
Speaker 23: You did listen to some shows, watched some old videos of you and how you say words.
Speaker 1: Okay, it sounds kind of creepy, but you know no, no, no, that's good. He's got game film, Alex. Yes.
Speaker 8: Now, what about the song the Scotty doesn't know? Scotty do, Scottie?
Speaker 4: What about that song that you're going to have to listen to? Did you get a chance to listen to that song and how a knocks as it is?
Speaker 6: I did?
Speaker 1: It's rough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So you're trying to guess words that are coming out of my mouth while this metal song is jamming in your ears.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll see. Okay, bro, all right, well we'll find out.
Speaker 4: I'll ask you a few more questions. I'm not gonna ask you if you want to go first or second.
Speaker 1: Just yet, I'll go first. I don't think you get it. You offer it up there. We have company, We have company. What don't you see here?
Speaker 8: Me first? Then the company?
Speaker 15: You know what?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: It's his house. I'll let him cheese.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'll let Scott.
Speaker 2: He doesn't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, I guess, uh, I guess Chili's gonna go first.
Speaker 4: Then we got three minutes. I got Scott Sanders taking on the chili and read my lips.
Speaker 1: Should be a good game. Thank you for all the great words. Now I just got to go through. I probably have about twenty twenty words ready to go.
Speaker 4: I got to find the best seven. Here's blank on five The Buzz, ninety four five The Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's show. Thank you so much for having us on. Sorry about that dense fog advisory that's still apparently pesky.
Speaker 1: It's eight twenty seven.
Speaker 4: As I'm looking at this guy in the studio with us, his name is Scott Sanders, I'm like, I know this son of amch I just I know that. And I finally I just broke down in the song I said, we've met before, and he said, yeah recently, and then uh, he said in the Woodlands and I'm like at the Yetty store before Christmas.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: There was great people that came up there. That was a really I was right next door to Santa Claus. I was in the Yetti store for a couple of hours. We had nothing but cool people all come in the store. This was before Christmas. And uh we got to get up to the Woodlands again. And but in party what's that new bar right outside the Woodlands. Oh, there's a couple of them, the big the big bar, now that big party bar that everybody goes at before the Curvey's Ice House.
Speaker 1: Right, that's it. That's like a couple of years new. Right, Yeah, it's a couple of years yeah. Yeah, So yeah, it's a good place, Kirby's Ice House.
Speaker 4: Would you invite us to come and hang out over there and we maybe we can do something together. I'll grab carbak or whatever. Just it was such cool people. But you're a first responder, Yes, sir, I remember talking to you for a while right before Christmas. So yeah, it's good to see you again and thank you for the job that you do.
Speaker 1: And you're off today. So you didn't have to take off.
Speaker 8: Nope, I was off today, yes, sir.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well listen, that's the guy that wants to that says he can beat Chile. Just get on with this and read my lips. And you're just going first, like you accompany me everything.
Speaker 18: You don't care that we have a guest now, because I want to put all the pressure on him. Okay, like last last week's winner, you know, put all the pressure on Alex Well.
Speaker 4: I got tickets to BlackBerry Smoke that March twenty eighth. Now, Scott, I've got all the faith in the world in you.
Speaker 1: He doesn't. But just in case, who's on the phone here, Good morning, Oh Matt, Matt. I've really got a good feeling about Scott this morning. He practiced, he watched the game film, he did all the work.
Speaker 4: Okay, if he doesn't win, I'll give you the BlackBerry Smoke tickets.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's weird to I mean, he's a listener, like you, dude, it's weird to root against him, but I get it.
Speaker 1: It's every it's it's an every man for himself situation.
Speaker 8: Yes, there go chill it, Matt, Thank you, thank you, start planning your outfit.
Speaker 18: Get your sandals ready, your hoochie daddy shorts ready, you're tank top ready, you're going to the show.
Speaker 1: Broucie daddy, Matt, you better not have hoocie daddy shorts. Yeah, alright, every man, Okay, all right, Scott, you're gonna just sit back and watch. You're gonna watch. You're gonna watch the man work.
Speaker 8: Here, I'm gonna watch the man work. You're gonna watch perfection.
Speaker 1: Right now, Chili, put those headphones on.
Speaker 8: Please hold on, sir. Oh, there's some nice and loud.
Speaker 4: All right, sultanimated Sultan's Curse, Sultan's Curse.
Speaker 1: Would you think my my year end playlists were like most listened to every year. That's that's what they're listening to to block out my voice. What'd you think of that song? Scott? It's not a song. Are you a metal guy? I can be, I can be. I've never heard the song. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 18: Sounds like, yeah, okay, you guys are having too much fun with that means not having fun.
Speaker 1: Nobody have fun. Thumbs up, dumbs up, twenty seconds on the clock. Please. This was sent in from Michael Thong Master, doug Master, thong Master, dog Master, thong mas do Master. Oh listen, that's that's the quake gut he's ever gotten one. Now he's really gonna get cocky. I used to know a stripper named thug Master thong Master. Michael, Thank you, Michael. That was quick. What did you think of that, Scott? I was quick, really quick, very good. Okay, Jackie sent this one in twenty seconds on the clock.
Speaker 8: Right when I say the word, Matt's putting on his with your daddy's shorts.
Speaker 1: Where did that come from? All right? Thank you, Jackie. Thumbs up, thumbs up.
Speaker 24: Sister Blister, senior pitcher, Sister Blister, scissor pleaser, Sister Blister, Sissor, Sister Blister, sister act sister Blister, Sister.
Speaker 1: I never know if he would have gotten that.
Speaker 8: I couldn't get that word out of my mouth. The image was bad.
Speaker 1: So you got sister.
Speaker 8: Okay, sister blister, What the hell is it?
Speaker 1: I don't know, nobody knows. I don't know. But keep in mind, it doesn't have to be said on the show. It helps, but it doesn't have to help.
Speaker 8: All right, that's about Jackie. Headphones on, all right, going back.
Speaker 1: One and one.
Speaker 4: Al Right, Scott, you don't have to get all three it because you can go into overtime, but it would help. Dallas Daniel sent this in apparently this well, I know it was said on the show.
Speaker 8: Scott's nervous.
Speaker 1: He doesn't look nervous. Thumbs up, thumbs up. Here we go, Thank you, Dallas Daniel. Glass nipple, nice nipple glass nipple.
Speaker 18: Last nipple glass last sniple glass nipple.
Speaker 4: Glass nipple, glass nipple, what glass nipple glass glasslas You was dancing all around.
Speaker 1: All right, Nicole Clay and killed. She has made she has made clay nipples before.
Speaker 4: She says she got a glass blower guy coming out to her hole at at the golf tournament and they were going to make some glass nipple glass nipple glass nipple ball markers.
Speaker 1: You said every other kind of thing you could add nipple, but couldn't. Scott. You need one to tie to win, and three just to send them packing.
Speaker 8: I'm not even gonna get one.
Speaker 1: Watch all right? Are you starting that crazy music for him?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go. Yeah, okay, here we go, I'm in, here we go. This is Scott Sanders drove all the way in from Montgomery count Right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, nice guy. Nice guy showed up one time.
Speaker 1: Todd sent this in. Thumbs up, thumbs up. All right, here we go, good luck, love bone again.
Speaker 15: Love Bone, dove moan, love Bone, love Bone, love Moan, love Bone.
Speaker 1: Love Bone. He got it, he got it, he got it, Love Bone, he got it. We were talking about the band mother love Bone. Yeah, love Bone, Jilly, what you're tied? Yeah, you're tired.
Speaker 8: We're going overtime to read my lips.
Speaker 1: Not over over.
Speaker 8: Yeah, don't underestimate the heart of a chili.
Speaker 1: Here we go, out of your hands.
Speaker 8: It's strong. I've seen it live.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you, Margarita. Oh yeah for sending this in. I'm a huge fan.
Speaker 8: I wanted to dream Margarita yesterday outside of a patio because it was so nice.
Speaker 1: Cool story, bro, Jack's the only one for him. I've been waiting, Matt. Are you still there? Well?
Speaker 8: I am still here.
Speaker 4: That's a cool story. That chili just told he wanted a margarita yesterday, So nice. I'll tip all right, man, get out of here. My boy's gonna win it right here.
Speaker 8: Matt's good. That put your daddy shorts ready.
Speaker 1: Thumbs up.
Speaker 20: Folding panties. Sight again, folding panties, forty panties. Yeah, folding panties, folding panties.
Speaker 1: Good, folding panties. Wow, we have a new champion. He's from the streets, from the mean streets of Montgomery. Scott Sanders. Dude, dude, good James.
Speaker 8: Lady, thank you so much.
Speaker 18: Good gamely wasn't Matt Flanders Man Flenders.
Speaker 1: Matt, Matt, I told you you were wasting your time this morning on the phone.
Speaker 8: Sorry, man. I had the try, Man, I had the try.
Speaker 1: I understand, I understand, But there was something I got some kind of a vibe on Scott Sanders. I knew the guy. That's what listen to everybody that has hopes and dreams of coming in here to play this game.
Speaker 4: The guy watched the game film, practiced, practiced, listen to the song.
Speaker 1: He did all the right things.
Speaker 13: Bro.
Speaker 1: He said, Oh, it's a little creepy on watching game film. Not creepy. It off not creepy at all.
Speaker 15: Dude.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, Thanks, I'm gonna share it. I'm gonna give your tickets to that BlackBerry Smoke Show. March twenty eight, seven, one to three Music Hall. Hey, Hey, Rod, just sir, so I can't go to the show. I'll be out of town. So give him to Matt. What Matt, did you hear that? Matt? You're going to the show? Yeah? Give me sounds good. You're going to the show. Absolutely.
Speaker 8: Matt was gonna wear his scoochie daddy show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I can't. You got us send the pick of the hoochy daddy shorts, so pick what they want, all right, Matt, looks like you're going. I need you to hang on. Scott. Great job today, dude, Thanks bro, really really good job today. Appreciate it. We're gonna keep it.
Speaker 8: We're gonna sign up.
Speaker 4: We'll sign up people to come in and whoever wants to play next week. Yeah, we'll play the song.
Speaker 1: Keep it in there, let's go, rod Ryan. Show effects include Mowings, Swings ninety four to five, The Buzz, bad Omens, and Just Pretend, and the domination of Scott Sanders. Before that, Scott was a really cool guy. I thought he did great. I pulled up that. I forgot what the last word was. He's like, oh, I would have got that too.
Speaker 4: I think it was like monkey poop asked it with an eye and then Chris sent in the word that I was going to use for reading my lips as.
Speaker 1: The tiebreaker, which we didn't need. Butter Man he dominated at that game. Really really fun. Having you guys in next week early when we get back, we will get you guys signed up. July should just keep that running on links and guests.
Speaker 4: You should just have it on there to sign up if you want to be the next person that comes down and plays in a week from now.
Speaker 1: I'll I'll get with Chili on that. It's I don't want to give you too much stuff to do. It's Chili day. It is true. It should be relaxing, having that marguerita that he wanted to have. Yes, great story. I'll never forget that story for the rest of my life. The day that Chili wanted a margarita because it was so nice outside, but he didn't get one. What's sacrifice made?
Speaker 4: Uh, we're failing. Sucking on a Chili Dog's only been played one time. I don't have time. I gotta take a break, but we will play it in the nine winning song I'm throwback Thursday, We'll be played at nine thirty.
Speaker 1: We still have a million things we got to do here. And The Rod Ryan Morning Show six Am, The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 4: Good Morning, Rob Ryan's Show with Cyprus Hill. All right, next hour, I'm gonna get to those shine Down tickets. Next hour I will get to Ooh, I guess Chili gave us some Rockets tickets to give away Denver nuggets.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll give all that away. We'll give all that away in the nine o'clock hour.
Speaker 4: Kloudy skies today. Ten percent chance of rain high up around seventy one. I got eight fifty three one final time, Alex is what you got for Houston's headlines.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 5: During a cabinet meeting yesterday, President Donald Trump announced an impending agreement with Ukraine concerning the exploitation of its rare earth minerals. He confirmed that Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelenski is scheduled to visit the White House tomorrow to formalize the deal. President Trump did emphasize the deal does not include any substantial US security guarantees for Ukraine and that they will quote have Europe do that. Trump also said that Russian President Vladimir Putin would have to make concessions of his own in peace negotiations to have Russia involved in any potential deal. The US Department of Agriculture expects egg prices to surge by over forty percent this year due to the bird flew outbreaks that have led to the death of more than one hundred and sixty six million birds, primarily egg laying chickens. In response for Trump administration's unveiled a plan to combat avian influence, allocating an additional one billion dollars to enhance farm biosecurity and explore vaccine development. The USDA's strategy includes importing eggs and providing financial aid to affected farmers, but these measures may have a limited immediate impact, so it doesn't look like those eggs surch charge prices are going away anytime soon.
Speaker 1: Would you ever want to move to another country?
Speaker 5: Well, seventeen percent of Americans say yes, and two percent claimed they already have plans to move in the next five years. The website Talker pulled two thousand people on what country they would move to if they left the US, and Canada was the top choice with nineteen percent of the people pulled answering. That followed by Italy at eleven percent, and then England at ten percent. Australia and Ireland rounded out the top five, so four of those top five.
Speaker 1: Destinations would not require you to learn a new language.
Speaker 4: I put this up on our Facebook page really early this morning. I said, what country could you move to for a few years. Jeffrey checked in from the Philippines. He said here, I'm already here in the Peenes.
Speaker 1: Let me see.
Speaker 4: Giovanni says Mexico. Josh Tree said Spain. A lot of Ireland's a lot of Greece. Italy, you said, was the number two answer. I see anybody on here putting Canada, including myself.
Speaker 1: Good it sucks. I put Italy. I put Italy down. You go to Canada. We all know it. Joel said he'd go to Canada, all right. Portugal, yeah no, No. Jamaica's I didn't see Jamia takes me back. Flourish in Jamaica. That absolutely flourish.
Speaker 5: After cutting his hand during a rant about the Department of Government efficiency on Monday, John Stewart might actually interview Elon Musk. Musk said on X that he would go on the Daily Show as long as they aired the interview unedited, and then the Daily Show's X account responded, we'd be delighted to Musk's post.
Speaker 1: We have no word yet on a date for the potential interview. I'm hoping it appens. I think it would be great, I really do. I think it would be awesome, and I think both sides will do it. Elon will do just about anything.
Speaker 5: I feel like I think John Stewart would be up to interview A lot of people probably wouldn't interview Eli.
Speaker 1: I think John Stewart is definitely somebody that would be down to the Yeah, I think it would be great. They would have huge ratings for that one. Yep, yep.
Speaker 5: If you had to create a Mount Rushmore of grunge music, which bands would you choose?
Speaker 1: Well, Vice dot Com shared their.
Speaker 5: Mount Rushmore grunge along with what they think represents each president. They got Nirvana as George Washington, Sound Gardens Thomas Jefferson, Pearl Jam as THEO Roosevelt, and Alice in Chains is Abraham Lincoln. I want to find something wrong with it. I didn't really use the presidents for this, but I feel like they nailed this.
Speaker 4: Of the four, only one is still together with their original lead singer, Pearl Jam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know on this show.
Speaker 4: I refer to them as the Flannel Four when it comes to the Godfathers. Yeah, yeah, those are the guys, you know what I mean? Those are Those are the four bands. The question is will they all get into the rock and roll Hall of Fame? I don't know some garden for.
Speaker 5: Hall of Fames? Man, I know you are well over hall of Fames. Who cares they should? They're goats in my eyes. I think eventually all four of those bands, do they belong there?
Speaker 19: Yes?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Yeah, I think it will happen. But belonging and getting in are two very different things for your playing. Yeah, I know you're upset about that Eli Manning thing. Still we'll never forgive them. It's okay, he's going to get in. You just wanted to meet on the million dollars. Maybe he'll get in, all right? Was that Auston's headlines? What do you got going on? In sports? Who just played Dallas and chains out with that too? Rockets got another win last night.
Speaker 5: They beat the Spurs just a day after getting a jacket.
Speaker 1: I'm in.
Speaker 5: Thompson had twenty five points of the night to lead all players and scoring. Rockets are now thirty seven and twenty two on the season. They're gonna have a couple of days off before playing the Kings on Saturday night.
Speaker 1: Down at spring Training. The ass Bros Also got to win yesterday.
Speaker 5: They shut out the Nationals three did not think this afternoon they'll play the Mets in Point Saint Lucie, Florida.
Speaker 1: First picture at twelve ten. And that is what's going on sports. Thank you.
Speaker 14: Alternative and tell them at the rod Ryan Morning Shown The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. That's three Days Grace and I hate everything about you. Three Days Grace is busy this year. Man, they're out on tour.
Speaker 4: They got the two lead singers working. Now, we got that single that's jamming here. I guess on every shift but the morning show pretty much. Sorry, little something in my throat, Yeah, that third Eye Blind.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: That three Days Gray song is so great. I hear it on the station all the time. I we're just not getting it in the morning. Sorry, little something in my throat there. But they're they're playing all over the place and there's no Houston date as of yet. So it's another one of those kind of head scratchers, kind of a mystery to me. Okay, when are we going to get our chance to hang out with both lead singers of Three Days Grace Help. You're off to a great start to your day throwback Thursday.
Speaker 1: It's kind of looking like Good Charlotte is going to run away with this thing.
Speaker 4: Now we're getting some real votes in, so thank you for interacting with the show.
Speaker 1: By the way, thank you for all the great words today. I was a little worried.
Speaker 4: The six o'clock hour homeroom was kind of quiet this morning as far as sending me words suggestions for reading my lips, And then only seven o'clock hour kicked in and boy went you guys went crazy.
Speaker 1: Thank you. So yeah, we got a good one here.
Speaker 4: We got over sixteen hundred votes, eight hundred and ninety one votes good for fifty four percent good Charlotte, four hundred and four votes for Tantric, and just under four hundred votes for the xis goodness see Exi's at least hanging in there, our boy, Scott Stevens.
Speaker 1: You know we're all big fans of his. You know, I'm a big fan of Chile am as well. Well Chile. What do you call him? I mean besides your brother and your twin and your look alike and all of that. Do you say you say Chili? Best Mostly you say Chili. What's that? Bestie? You say Chili? Chile? You don't Chile? You don't? I say Chile. You dosk him? I say that you do not take the time. I make sure I pronounce it the way he wants Chile. Jose, do you have a minute, Jose, do you have a second for me? Miss Christina? Now, mister mister Christina will talk to me and she'll just say like, yeah, Jose was doing this. This is I'm like, who are you talking about? Who are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 8: I've got multiple personalities.
Speaker 1: Chile, Yes, sir, Chile. Am I saying it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: But like all the guys on our group text, it's Chili. Yeah, And nobody takes the time. Everybody's got lazy mouth.
Speaker 1: It's just chili. Yeah.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 18: It's it's one of saying to where do I want to lose five minutes explaining?
Speaker 8: Or I just say yeah, okay, cool, cool cool.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 4: I mean like if your name was like Cresson, yeah, you know, like I would just call you a Croissan, like croissant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wouldn't go. Yeah, it's a lot of work for my mouth to do all that. I've got time. It's it's chili day today, It's National Chili Day with beans. Okay, so you want to get into that.
Speaker 23: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like beans, me too.
Speaker 8: I mean I grew up on beans. This body was built on beans and rice.
Speaker 1: It is weird to me that people are so animate.
Speaker 4: Yea, they want to they want to fight you on the bean thing in Chili, not Chile, but Chili.
Speaker 1: They want to fight you on the bean thing. Beans are awesome. I agree with you, dude. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And people will say, well, you know it's a it's a lesser food, it's a cheaper food.
Speaker 1: It was meant to stretch the chili. Great. Yeah, poor people ate chili.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it stretched it awesomely.
Speaker 8: It stretched my belly, I'm telling you, stretched my belly.
Speaker 5: Wait, check your privilege. Now all of us could afford just meet.
Speaker 1: What about beans in your chili on a chili dog chile a hmmm, Because that's where some people also draw the line. They're like, wait a minute, if it's going to be a topping, no beans. If it's in a bowl by itself as the star.
Speaker 4: Some people are okay with the beans, but boy, they really don't want it in a dip or on a chili dog.
Speaker 8: You know, every chili dog that I've had, I've never paid attention if it had beans or not.
Speaker 1: I don't think that does.
Speaker 8: I don't think. I just, you know, I devour it, so I wouldn't. I wouldn't. It wouldn't matter to me if it has beans or not.
Speaker 1: Maybe we should ask Jack and Diane. Yeah you have, yes, we do. Let's ask Jack.
Speaker 16: Sucking on a chili doguck a chili dog, something now on a chili dog, sucking on a chill lid dog, no beans, sucking on a chili dog, sucking on a chili do, beans, sucking on a chili dog, sucking on a.
Speaker 1: Chill lid doll, chili dog.
Speaker 16: Sucking up a chili does, sucking on a dog, sucking on a chili doll, chili sucking up a chili does, sucking on the dolls, sucking on a chill lid doll, sucking dow.
Speaker 1: That was a different version. We didn't get that. Do doo, do doo, do doo. Yeah, we've downloaded a couple of times. Well that's good. It may not be the exact same chili. Enjoy your day. Thank you.
Speaker 8: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: You know, it's not the chili day.
Speaker 9: It is his day.
Speaker 1: It's chili day. Let go, it's his day, all right, Go off, King, I gotta take its to go see I gotta take us to go see Shine Down. August twenty seven, Toyota Center.
Speaker 4: Let's not forget Bushy now, maybe, well, let's not forget Bushes on this show. I got I got the number one Bush fan over here.
Speaker 1: They're like you never mentioned Bush rod Okay whipping off the Bush tickets, Shine Down and Morgan Wade.
Speaker 4: August twenty seven, Toyota Center, looking for caller number ten. Be nice, it's his day today. He's going to pick up the phone and answer hopefully. Seven one thirty two, win two five nine four five, Good.
Speaker 14: Luck, Houston, Houston's Alternative and Home at The rod Ryan Morning Show, ninety four five The.
Speaker 1: Buzz, Welcome Back, Everybody, rod Ryan's Show Throwback Thursday, Winning sag not played until nine thirty.
Speaker 4: But I do have to go give away some tickets here. I think I offered up some shined Down Bush tickets.
Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning. Well, hello, who's this Josh?
Speaker 15: Hi?
Speaker 1: Josh? How are you?
Speaker 8: I'm doing great?
Speaker 4: How are you Rod doing great? Thank you for asking. Now I'm not saying, because I am saying. We live in the greatest country in the world. Okay, But if you ever even thought I'd gotten a whiff of moving somewhere for a short period of time, is there another country?
Speaker 1: Is it easy for you? Where would you like? Where would you move? I would have to say Germany? Germany? Okay.
Speaker 4: A lot of people said Germany on our Facebook page. It wasn't really a pole question, was morecramatic question on Facebook. I think Germany's got their act together now may everybody had their everybody had their dark times.
Speaker 1: Jamaican never did dude your collar number ten, whole film.
Speaker 8: That is outstanding new Man. My birthday is all this twenty second so it's like right there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you're right there.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you're like me, You got that birthday right around that concert. Now wait a minute, real quick, Have you been to Germany? Is that why you'd want to move there?
Speaker 8: Yes, sir, I was stationed over there for five years at.
Speaker 1: The Army frawl Lines Fraul Lines. What do you know about Fraulines alex Women's.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I took German two years in high school because it was the closest to English.
Speaker 1: I took Spanish and I hated it.
Speaker 4: So you went, you experienced Octoberfest, Josh oh, yes, sir, Yeah, good for you.
Speaker 1: All right, listen, dude, have a great time at Shine Down. All right. Awesome, Thank you so much, brother, and thank you for your service. I appreciate it. Yeah, good sir. Hang on online. It's ALCS online. Ninety four five. The muzznes I had a same Polly girl poster in my room when I was a kid, like an alcoholic beer way before.
Speaker 4: No, it was an alcoholic beer, but it was way before I was even old enough to drink. But say, Pauli girls, she had those two big steins shoopers. My dad will call those shoopers. And those girls had forearms like Popeye. They're holding onto these beers. Never You'll never forget your first girl. I think that was the tagline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so. All right, what are we doing here?
Speaker 5: Today's a well is called the answer is always Tom, and you will be given twenty two questions.
Speaker 1: The answer is always going to be Tom. But you don't know what Tom, it will be.
Speaker 5: Tom kleinb are engineer, not one of the questions, but he should be featured in this because he is one of the utmost respected people in this building.
Speaker 1: When I break this my found about three four times a year, I was like Tom.
Speaker 5: Without Tom, this entire like this crappy studio would be just in shambles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bob and Tom, thank you? All right, So the answer is always Tom.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So if you were wanting to know what Tom had a career spanning six decades and wear an oscar, what Tom would you go with? Did you got Tom Kenny, Tom Noonan, Tommy Lee Jones, or Tom Beharringer.
Speaker 1: ANSWER's gonna be Tom.
Speaker 8: You know that.
Speaker 1: What are the first two Toms? Tom Kenny, Tom Noonan, then Tommy Lee Jones and Tom Bearringer. Tommy Lee Jones.
Speaker 4: I guess, I mean he's pretty old, that would be correct, Yeah, James Tom was he a child actor?
Speaker 1: I guess?
Speaker 13: So?
Speaker 1: I guess so, I mean he's probably seventy five. Yeah, okay, but.
Speaker 5: Then you're gonna have to name a couple of Toms when you look at pictures stuff.
Speaker 1: But go check it out.
Speaker 5: The answer is always Tom World famous Rod Ryan Show page of the Buzz dot com True Firs.
Speaker 1: To the Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning brought Ryan's.
Speaker 4: Show Flicking Parking Lost I'm a little early here winning song for throw my Thursdays played at nine thirty.
Speaker 1: It's nine twenty six. Dude, you hang. Let me tell you about a podcast edit yesterday? Did you do a podcast yesterday? I did do a podcast episode six hundred and five and passed the gravy. Please tell me about it.
Speaker 5: Well, we came up with some new insults to try out. I felt like all the old insults were getting old. We tried out syrup sucker. That was actually a read my lips word last week, and I really enjoyed calling Canadians syrup suckers.
Speaker 1: It's a derogatory term towards a Canadian.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, yes, but it's okay to say because it's not like a slur or anything, so you can just get away with, like you syrup sucker. So we came out with some other words like that, not to make fun of Canadians, but just with anyone in general. So those are fun. We did a mock draft of dudes with beards. Who would you say is the best.
Speaker 1: Guy with a beard. You're not gonna this is gonna come out of nowhere. Bryce Harper. Bryce Harper has a good beard. Was not drafted.
Speaker 4: Bryce Harper's dude, save something for.
Speaker 1: The rest of us that got the hair and the beards at all.
Speaker 4: It's kind of ridiculous, not at all, but I guess you were probably going for more actors with beards.
Speaker 1: Wide open, wide open. Nobody brought up Bryce Harper. He was not mentioned. I would have picked the best athlete beard would be Ryan Fitzpatrick. Yeah, that's good. Did he get drafted?
Speaker 5: He was an honorable mention. Okay, it's a pretty pretty stacked category. We talked vanity license plates. I'm battling cholesterol. I don't know if you noticed. I was eating cheerios this morning. That's that's what I'm going to do now.
Speaker 1: I saw you old man River dry cheerios. Yeah, just row dog and cheerios.
Speaker 5: It told me to cut out cholesterol and they were like, okay, well you can cut back on alcohol.
Speaker 1: And I was not going to do that, so I went other routes.
Speaker 4: That sounds like a pretty good podcasts talk a little Spring training, baseball and.
Speaker 1: Everything like that.
Speaker 5: So go check it out Past Grey podcast. It's on the Rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com and anywhere else.
Speaker 1: You check out your podcasts. No, it's still two minutes last. I still got two minutes here. We can still hang bro.
Speaker 8: Did you.
Speaker 1: Do you have any interest at all in freebird on a lute? I do you have any interest?
Speaker 4: Saw this yesterday and I loved it. Okay, I know you have like this new love of free bird because you're just such a patriot I am. A lute is is an old sixteenth century style instrument, and it's kind of like a maybe like an early ukulele with a big.
Speaker 1: Ukulele mandolin kind of combo. Is what I thought. Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 4: If you would like to hear, I got just enough time. This is on three things you must see today you're.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 1: It comes they were rocking in the sixteenth century. It's slapped, guys. It's like he has sixteen fingers his.
Speaker 4: Free bird on a sixteenth style instrument called a loot It rocks. Think about like Shakespeare and somebody like following Shakespeare around with it.
Speaker 5: And there was the lootist, the court jester yeah, yes, Bailly shakes all right, rocking that I didn't even know what America was.
Speaker 1: Here we Uh it's nine thirty, it's nine thirty.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys for voting today on hey see that whole video on three things, it's really good. Thank you if you took part in selecting today's Throwback Thursday song of the day. The x ses Ugly got three hundred and sixty five votes. That was good for just under twenty percent. Tantrick Breakdown twenty six percent of the vote, four hundred and ninety six votes with over one thousand votes, Oney twenty nine, fifty four percent of you said you wanted to hear good Charlotte this morning.
Speaker 7: Row it, mom, it's so bad Thursday, whatever the hell that is?
Speaker 13: Here's your Throwback Thursday winner on ninety four five Hit the buzz.
Speaker 1: But it all feels.
Speaker 7: It's a good life.
Speaker 1: What upsol?
Speaker 7: But every day at all?
Speaker 1: Just still say at my high school at Belmore, I mean it's like.
Speaker 25: An tell self a benetial rape beside Stima on the name me said, I don't ever want to be let go. I don't want to do the things you too. I'm never gonna hear the words you.
Speaker 1: Say, and I don't never want to. I don't never want a pre you.
Speaker 15: Don't want to be just like go?
Speaker 14: I want to say it as USC has the call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: Do I want to free you? Go to college, a.
Speaker 25: University, get a real job.
Speaker 1: That's what they said to me.
Speaker 7: But I could never live the way they run.
Speaker 1: I gonna can't fine.
Speaker 25: I just to my side, but on a step ball, say y'all get.
Speaker 1: Inside, I'll talk some mine.
Speaker 3: I go something. Do you really want to be like them? You really want to be out that tran? Do you wanna be bo out that traun?
Speaker 1: Because I don't never want to.
Speaker 19: I don't never want to be sho, don't wanna be just like you.
Speaker 1: I want head. Let's be at before guys.
Speaker 19: Okay, so I.
Speaker 25: Want to be you shaking twist so cute.
Speaker 15: Shake it three times.
Speaker 1: One mad prob Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 7: Say do with me?
Speaker 25: Yeah the one I mean just like Jolly.
Speaker 1: The problem.
Speaker 25: Yeah, yahya say with me?
Speaker 26: I The Ryan Show, five, the Bus twenty four five, the buzz knock knock, who's there?
Speaker 1: Early two thousands? Give me my eyeliner back, I mean back to back right, yeah, all American rejects. That's probably four oh five.
Speaker 13: Good.
Speaker 1: Charlotte might be a little before that.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, you're getting your pop punk emo fix on today. Bro, what are you just picking all the music on the station?
Speaker 15: Now?
Speaker 1: Maybe you know this guy?
Speaker 5: I do know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds like you're the music director right now.
Speaker 4: I am ninety four to five the bus man. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Thank you for spending a little bit of time with us this morning. Lots of stuff for you on links and guests.
Speaker 1: I brought this up at Chili man.
Speaker 4: I'm feeding back lately. They got turning my headphones up too loud. Hey Chili, Hi, Chili Chili day. How you doing Chile? It's Chili Day? You want to just keep that well? I don't know what do you want to do? Great job, Scott Sanders was awesome today on Reading my Lips? When do you want We're not here on Monday, so when do you want to When do you want to put? You want to just keep that link up like so let people sign up if they want to come down next week and play Read my Lips?
Speaker 1: How do you work that?
Speaker 18: So I schedule it the post Monday Oh, it'll still go up on Monday. It'll go Monday perfect, and then people will be able to sign up Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday will decide. You know, so they got three days to sign up, so but you want to get there early?
Speaker 1: Is your is your ass? Okay, they got kicked, They got kicked.
Speaker 8: You know, it's two times in a row.
Speaker 4: Man Scott Sanders came in here like a man with a plan, came in like a ragging ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah he did. He did great today, all right, so it was good.
Speaker 4: So that link will go up on Monday then, and if you want to come down and play read my lips against Alex next week, so.
Speaker 1: Chili will have that opportunity for you to sign up online. All right, thank you, Chilly, enjoy your day. Sign again his day. I don't think then I'll definitely have to have a meeting with the Wizard for sure. If we play that three.
Speaker 4: He's already gonna give me a hard time about that free bird song. Uh, did we know that Jelly Roll doesn't have a cell phone anymore? He threw it off of a bridge and he claims he still doesn't have a cell phone.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that one bit. Now he's got a group of people around him all the time.
Speaker 4: He's got publicists, and he's got managers, and he's got all this. He could get away without having a cell phone.
Speaker 1: Do you not believe him?
Speaker 5: I don't because I think when he's by himself with Bunny or I'm sure he's never without Bunny anymore.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, they got to get ahold of him. Hey, come downstairs, Hey do this.
Speaker 4: A couple of months ago, Jelly Roll threw his phone off of a bridge in downtown Nashville. He said it was given him anxiety and he was going to be spending a few months back home.
Speaker 1: He wanted to be like untethered.
Speaker 4: Okay, if I didn't have a cell phone for like two I went a couple of days last year without a cell phone because I lost mine, got ruined in a I threw it in the washing machine, I washed it, got home from the beach.
Speaker 1: It was in there with all the towels.
Speaker 4: And because I got a cell phone through work, it just took me days and nobody was talking to the right person. I was without a cell phone for about five days, five or six days. With all the two factor authentication we have now, it was brutal. It was brutal trying to get into the bank account and stuff like that. He had to do things really old school. So he hated the anxiety that the phone gave him. I hated the anxiety I had without having one. He says, he's got a laptop. He's been emailing people like it's nineteen ninety eight. And when asked if he wanted why he wanted to get rid of the phone in the first place, he said he was.
Speaker 1: At the Super Bowl last year.
Speaker 4: He was in a suite, he said, Leonardo DiCaprio, Vince Bond were in there, and he was on his phone when somebody scored a touchdown. Everybody else is jumping around starting high fiving, and he looked up and he goes, oh, that's cool. And then he went right back to his phone and he's like, this is not healthy, not a football of that. So he said he wasn't able to disconnect from the phone madness, and he's enjoying. He's back on the farm right now, and you can put it in a drawer. You can your average person can't go without a phone, Jelly roll. I think Kim, because he's got enough people. You got enough people.
Speaker 1: I don't believe it. I think he has a phone. It may not be used, it may be off.
Speaker 5: Maybe he has a phone somewhere because if he needs to do something, he's going.
Speaker 1: To have to need to use that phone. Bunny's right there. Cold. Well then it's basically your phone anyways. Yeah, it's just share a phone. It's the same thing. I got Rockets tickets for you. I Know the show. You're gonna have a question on the flip. I already got it ready. Oh wow, he's got a question all ready to go.
Speaker 4: Well, we're gonna wake you, make you wait until after this break rock and Alternative where he used to the.
Speaker 2: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Four or five The Buzz. Welcome back rod Ryan's Show nine to fifty. Pretty good little throwback throws that we put together today. Man, thank you guys.
Speaker 4: I've got some tickets to go see the Rockets taking on the Denver Nuggets twenty third Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: There it is. That's another show music.
Speaker 5: Sure is.
Speaker 1: So we have to do something called know the show. You have to ask a question about something that was said on the show. Yeah, and I got it ready for you, right, now what is it?
Speaker 5: What was the top country that people said they would move to if they left the US according to the list we talked about, was it my top country?
Speaker 1: Wasn't your top country? Okay, but it might have like would be a guest for a lot of people.
Speaker 4: Seven one three, two one two five nine four five. If you think you know the show Rock ninety four five, the Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan's show Bush would be in town. They're on that shine Down bill along with Morgan Wade. We gave away tickets. That's oh that birthday boy one, his birthday was like August.
Speaker 1: Twenty third, that's what he said.
Speaker 4: The show is August twenty seventh, so we will Well, we got one day left this week, but we've been giving away tickets all week to that show Bush shine Down on the same night. It's a good night, It's a really good night. So we had to put up with that dense fog all morning long. I think most of that should be burned off. We got we're gonna deal with cloudy skies today, low chances of rain and high of around seventy one. All right, nine fifty five, Paul's are ringing.
Speaker 15: He's now time for know this show on ninety four to five The Buzz La La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning. Hello? Was this This is Johnny for Cyprus. Johnny, Johnny from Cyprus. Good to have you on today, Bro. How are you?
Speaker 12: I'm good?
Speaker 1: How are you all awesome? Thank you? Johnny?
Speaker 4: Uh, let's say I we can get you some rockets tickets, Alex. What's your question, Johnny?
Speaker 5: We were talking about the top countries that people said they wanted to move to if they left the US.
Speaker 1: What was the number one country on the list? Canada?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Show me Canada?
Speaker 5: Yes it was Yeah, dude, Ry, it's all right not but he's already a citizen there, so I guess.
Speaker 1: Didn't have to be a movie. Yeah, I would choose Italy. You don't know anything about me. You don't know anything about me, all right, yega goots? Ten years?
Speaker 5: You know nothing, I know everything? Would you call me ya goots? Relieve it means zucchini in Italian? But it welso with the Sopranos people.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know if that was one of your new insults over your podcast. No, no, no, no, we saved those with the pod.
Speaker 4: Okay, hey Johnny, I'm gonna get your tickets to go see the Rockets. March twenty third take on the Denver Nuggets Latoyta Center.
Speaker 8: Okay, bro awesome, Tom's good, thank you? All right?
Speaker 1: You know today's Tom Souye, Tom Souye slapping the base.
Speaker 4: You play it that high rush wouldn't well, no, but it works better. Air base works much better up here, David. David took out Slow Fast Andrew andrewted me an email. It's like it was a clean wind, but damn it sounds different on the phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can tell you. It was frustrated.
Speaker 4: He was frustrated so Slow Fast Andrew, He's been playing this game for a while. He just still needed to tell me that it's different on the phone. I go, but what did you hear in the podcast? It was definitive, right, He's like, yeah, clean win. So David wins. But he just wanted to let me know that that phone sounds different. It's okay, Today's Tom Sowe.
Speaker 1: All right, it says Scott beat Chili on Read my lips on Chili Day. On Chili Day, Man, Scott Sanders was really really good today did we get a picture of him. We didn't get a picture. We took a picture with Scott. Okay, Tomorrow is free Beer Friday, so we'll be teaming up with Specks again to give you guys beer each and every hour. We will.
Speaker 4: Be doing open phones Friday. The whole last hour of the show is nothing but you, guys, I can't believe I'm already talking about Friday.
Speaker 1: Time it flew by, man like, is it right? Is tomorrow Friday? Must be a lot of fine.
Speaker 4: Well I know that tomorrow's Friday because yesterday recorded a brand new Past the Gravy and it is out now.
Speaker 1: It's on LinkedIn.
Speaker 5: Guests to get your podcast, also on YouTube. This is Great Past Day podcast on YouTube.
Speaker 1: All right, very good, All right, Chilly enjoy your day, Chilly Day. Everyone else, have an awesome day. Jeremy's up next. He's got the NonStop Nooner.
Speaker 4: He wants you to pick some tickets in the one o'clock hour too, as a way of rewarding you for listening.
Speaker 1: We're on a twenty hour break. We got one more to do before we turn you loose for the weekend. Well more, Oh, Neil Pierre, get down Nails, it all right, amf well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 13: If you may any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcasts. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.