Speaker 1: Today, I want to tell you about a journey that I've been on for most of my life. Ever since I was a kid, I've heard tales of bigfoot and wild men while spending time with my friends and family. As I grew older and read more about the paranormal, my interest in encryptids and other things strange only deepened. That's why I'm so excited to share with you what I've personally become involved with the Untold Radio Network. The Untold Radio Network is a live streaming podcast network that airs a new show every day across all podcast platforms, YouTube, and more. They have eight different shows on all sorts of exciting topics such as bigfoot, cryptids, UFOs, aliens, and much more. I even have my own show called Weird Encounters, where I talk about all things strange. This is more than just a podcast network. It's a community that allows me to meet so many amazing people who share their stories and experiences with strange. If you're interested in hearing more of these stories and learning more about the paranormal and encryptids, make sure you check out the Untold Radio Network for all kinds of exciting shows. It's free to subscribe. So what are you waiting for visit www dot untold radionetwork dot com today.
Speaker 2: Now, what are your reporting? I got a screen going on here. Something just kid with my dog. Something to kill your dog? My dog. We're flying through there over the tree. I don't know how it did it? Okay, damn, I'm really confused. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence, and they would dead once you hit the ground. I didn't see any cars. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence. What are you reporting? We got some wonder or something crawling around out here? Did you see what it was? It was enough out here. Look, I'm new to window now and I don't need anything. I don't want to go outside, fra Hello, hit the buddy out here?
Speaker 3: What quin?
Speaker 2: I'm out there? I thought of a bitch of about second foot nine. I don't know easy, I'm out there. Yeah, I'm walking right, heady.
Speaker 1: I have folks on a walk of our guest to the show. It is Mike from New Jersey. Welcome back to the show man.
Speaker 4: Hey, thanks for having me, Brian.
Speaker 5: This is one of my all time favorite podcasts and I'm super excited to be back.
Speaker 4: So thank you again for having me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I've been looking forward to this, So let's get right into it. Let's talk about this bigfoot thing. What guy you interested in the subject to begin with?
Speaker 5: Man, it was a while ago actually, back we're talking back in twenty eleven. I'm sitting watching and Finding Bigfoot on TV. I'm working at Beach Resort in Sarasota, Florida, which by far the best job I've ever had before.
Speaker 4: Right. The boss was.
Speaker 5: Like, hey, I want you every night to go lock up at the clubhouse there and go watch the sunset on the beach with the guests.
Speaker 4: I'm like, you don't gotta tell me twice.
Speaker 5: So anyways, one night I'm bored, I'm watching Finding Bigfoot and I was not into this show at all all right, it was on. It was probably the only thing on. That's why I was watching it, so no interest whatsoever. But at the end of the show, I guess it got me hooked a little bit because they were like, hey, if you want to come out with a team and research and can go on one of these Bigfoot expeditions. And I was like, oh, hell did the No, There is no way I am not doing this, you know what I mean? So I signed up that night. I got two tickets, one for me, one for my fiance, whom I did not tell we were gonna go on a Bigfoot expedition. This was going to be our little pre wedding surprise type of thing. I should say before i'd really begin the story. Growing up, I was an inside kid. Put me in front of the video game and a TV screen and I am like solid for the day. So never out never was hiking, never outdoorsy. So anyways, this trip involved a lot of outdoor stuff I came to realize, which was hiking him backpack and tent camping, which is something I've never done before. So I had to get my tent in my sleeping bags and the headlamp for me and my girlfriend. At the time, I'm hiding all of this stuff in our little one bedroom apartment like patio closet, so it's like underneath the Christmas decoration. She is never going to find this stuff ever. A couple of weeks before the trip comes along and I'm greeted by her at the doorway with the face I'm sure you're aware of the face, and I'm like, oh no, and she has her hand on her hip. She says Mike, she had did something that she had never done ever before in the past. I have still to this day, I have no idea why she did this. She decided to clean the apartment and she found all of the camping stuff. So she was like, Mike, what are we doing? And I said, hun, we are going to norm with Florida and we are gonna find Bigfoot. Oh man. And then we broke up. So there was all that whole thing that left me in a predicament. I found these tickets were non refundable because I did not want to go on this Bigfoot trip anymore. That's the least last thing on my priority list. After the breakup. I was in the depress mood, didn't want to have fun, hated my life, type of thing I was in that mood. Taking me and putting me into the woods looking for Bigfoot was not on the priority. But the tickets were really expensive, so I was like, man, I can't lose out on this money.
Speaker 4: I was an EMT.
Speaker 5: I'm an AMT by trade, and I got a job after the breakup working on an ambulance for the city of Tampa, and I had three ambulance partners and the way I did is I picked the weirdest partner. He was just weird, unusual person. I said, Jimmy, I got these tickets. I got to go look for Bigfoot. Do you want to come with me? He's my best friend to this day. He said, Oh man, I've always wanted to do that, And I'm like, nice. We go up to Terray Estate Park. It's a beautiful state park. If anybody's ever heard of it, it's gorgeous. It's where Stacy Brown Junior and his father got the thermal imaging footage a bigfoot walking through the forest. Really cool stuff. But anyways, it's super squatchy. We get there and there's sixty other people there on the expedition looking for Bigfoot. Being new to this whole thing, I'm like, how we gonna find Bigfoot with sixty other people here? So we think, being brand new to this, we think everybody is just gonna be crazy. Okay, So we set up our camp and our tent away solidly fifty yards away from everybody else because we just wanted to be safe at this point.
Speaker 4: So wrong about the people expedition.
Speaker 5: Super great people there, doctors, police officers, fire really just awesome, solid people. But it was three nights, four days of hiking through Florida's wilderness and meeting with these witnesses and meeting other researchers and stuff, and it's really cool. But nothing squatchy happened. I wasn't expecting anything to happened, so I wasn't letting down at all. But I was like, yeah, the last night, Jimmy and I, it's about two o'clock in the morning, We're up watching this meteor shower. It's gorgeous. We're just chatting back and forth, and all of a sudden, you hear come from one side of camp. You hear like a tree knock bam, And I was like, oh. Immediately I thought we were getting hoaxed, that it was the people that put on the expedition. I didn't know. I didn't know how it worked. We paid a lot of money and we didn't get any activities. So I was like, okay, whatever. About two minutes later, a tree knock from the complete opposite direction, so I was like, wow, these people pretty good, not bad.
Speaker 4: So anyways, now five ten minutes goes by.
Speaker 5: Jimmy and I are just talking and you hear come crashing down through the forest and it lands five feet away from us.
Speaker 4: A fist sized rock.
Speaker 5: So now I was at this point in my life where I said, nope, this is how horror movies start. I am getting out of here, and Jimmy was like, you want to sleep in the car, You're more than welcome to sleep. And by the time he had said that, I had my sleeping bag and I was just right to the car. So he comes up and he's like, he comes up to the car, he's a mic Bigfoot knock on trees and they throw rocks like this could be that's the whole reason why we're here is to get activity of Bigfoot. And I was like, yeah, I suppose you're right. So I went back by the campfire. Over the course the next fifteen minutes, four more of these fist sized rocks come crashing down and within ten feet of us.
Speaker 4: So not cool.
Speaker 5: We're pretty petrified. At this point, Jimmy comes up to me. He's Mike, I got an idea. I'm gonna throw a rock back at it. And I said, Jimmy, man, let's take note here, this is probably not the best idea that you ever have in your whole life.
Speaker 4: So he takes a rock and he chucks it back.
Speaker 5: I knew it wasn't a person because at that exact moment, a fifteen pound laptop sized boulder lands within five feet of us.
Speaker 4: That was our first experience. That was it.
Speaker 5: The next day, it was a sleepless night. We didn't get any sleep that night. Next morning, we asked our camp neighbors, all sixty of our other neighbors, Hey, we had some activity. Did anybody else see or hear anything? And nobody did. Everybody was apparently asleep by that point. So we want to see how close this thing could have been to us. This is a scientific expedition, so let's take some measurements, right, So the closest this thing could have been was like at least seventy five yards away. So unless Nolan Ryan's there in North Florida's banannal Junck and' rocks Nolan Ryan for the young people listening to your podcast as a baseball player, So I don't know.
Speaker 4: And that was it.
Speaker 5: That fifteen minutes of those rock throws like literally changed my life forever. Like that's the whole reason why I'm sitting talking to us today. I would be sitting on a street corner in the city of Tampa on an ambulance. Right now, if it wasn't for that exact fifteen minutes of my life, isn't that crazy?
Speaker 1: It is crazy how things happen. So you had these experiences on a BFRO expedition. It tends to do one or two things to folks. It either sends them down the rabbit hole that they never climb out of, or they run the other way screaming. Yeah, clearly you went down the rabbit hole. So after that, did you get more into the subject the research? How did it all start for you? And then where did you go from there as far as your experiences with these things?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so after that Jimmy and I left.
Speaker 5: An important thing to know is we went into this expedition not thinking twice about Bigfoot, right. We thought it was just going to be a weekend full of crazy people and people watching. But we left this weekend in this expedition knowing that there's something in the woods. So again, that's starkly different than seventy two hours prior. We decided after leaving this expedition, We're like, we are going to make our personal goal to figure out what is capable of throwing those rocks because it's something's out there, we want to figure out what it is. In about a three week timeframe, we are talking to witnesses researchers looking at hot spots. About three weeks later, we decided that we are now professionals. So we go out by ourselves to Colt Creek State Park.
Speaker 4: It's in central Florida. It's very beautiful.
Speaker 5: We're there for one night and I'm doing bigfoot calls like it's my job. Like every two feet I'm doing a big foot call, right, And that's what I saw him do on TV. So I'm just mimicking what I see him do on TV. I don't know any better. So about a mile and a half from camp, Jimmy is not scared at all because he's got his six foot tall machete and his ten million loomen spotlight. You know that he's got shining around. So anyways, we're about a mile and a half from camp and all of a sudden, his spotlight comes across two pairs of reflecting eyes. One pair is like fire engine red, the other pairs aqua blue, which is super intriguing to have eyes of different colors next to each other. So we and our infinite wisdom of everything in the woods, we thought it was people. We didn't realize we as people, we don't have eyes shine. We can't see at night, right, not like our pets can or whatever. So we thought it was people. So if we just start yelling out, hey, we're just looking for bigfoot, no response, go figure, just those eyes staring back at us. We think now they're poachers, illegally poaching animals. So we're like, this is not a good scenario to be in. We got to get back to camp, so we're just gonna say, hey, we're just heading back to camp. And then the one set, the red set of eyes, turned and looked at the blue set turned and looked back at us and then blinked. Another nope, moment in our lives out of there. But with the cool thing was Jimmy. He put a notch in the tree with his machete. So the next day we went back and we actually could do a recreation to see exactly where those eyes were, and we could see that they were about seven and a half feet off the ground.
Speaker 4: So I don't know what that was.
Speaker 5: That was our second little encounter, not saying that was sasquatch or not, but was intriguingly enough to get us really into the subject.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was smart thinking. Most people don't do things like that. I've done that in the woods. I've found tracks that I've tried to go back and cast and I didn't leave enough breadcrumbs, and it took me four hours to find the spot where I could have walked right back to it. So that was actually brilliant leaving the notch in the tree.
Speaker 5: I think he was just scared and was just like and he just did one of those things. So I think that might have been it. But yeah, we'll say it was intentional and it worked out well. So you have this experience.
Speaker 1: Now you've had what you believed to be two bigfoot experiences. When did it click in your head you did experience something related to bigfoot and you weren't hoaxed, These weren't poachers. When did that moment, that aha moment happened for you. Was it in the moment when these things looked away and then looked back at you or did that come later on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was the first exhibition to be a fur exhibition.
Speaker 5: I left it and I was like, man, it could have been maybe there's a potential that somebody brought a catapult into the woods, you know, has really good aim possible when we saw those, I was like, I didn't at the time. I think it was once I realized when I went home and I researched, and I realized that people don't have eyeshine. It was two different animals. And then I started looking into what color eyeshine animals have. To have a red and a blue eyeshine next to each other would indicate two different species of animals. That usually doesn't happen chilling at seven and a half feet tall. That brings up the question though, why did bigfoot have different color eyes? Wise it reported that bigfoot a have different color eyeshign If they're the same species, that's a great question.
Speaker 4: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I have seen last year when I had my experiences and I got to see these things several times over the course of a couple of days. One of the most amazing parts of that was the glowing white eyes that I saw, and I say glowing because they were self illuminating. They were not reflecting any light. Because at that time I wasn't shining, and nobody was shining any light on these things. So that's a whole nother story for another day. But it's very interesting to me that you say that because red eye shine blue, I've heard green, I've heard white, all of.
Speaker 4: These different colors.
Speaker 1: Of course, there are animals who have the same color eyeshine, but these animals aren't seven and a half feet tall, like you said, some of them aren't going to be in the places that these things are seen. It's a fascinating thing to me. I don't know how to explain that we don't have the ability, Like you said, humans don't have the ability to reflect light and have these reflective eyes. We don't have to pay them loose on them. I believe it's called to do that. So that in and of itself, if these things are close, or if these things are as close to us as I think they are, and most people that are in that category or that camp think these things are, it would be something that's unique to great apes or primates to have this eye shine. That has always fascinated me. And there's plenty of things that other people claim that these creatures do that don't make sense either, But That's something that has always made me very weary when someone says they saw especially glowing eyes until I saw it myself. It was an extremely emotional moment for me in that moment, because just about everybody who had ever told me that in the past on my show, I doubted them. Maybe not to their face, maybe I didn't say it out loud, but in the back of my mind after that interview, I'm going, yeah, okay, glowing red eyes. Oh yeah, that makes a whole lot of sense. And I'm not saying this is what you were saying. You were clear about what you were seeing was reflective. But just that in and of itself is a mystery inside of mystery wrapped around this enigma of Bigfoot. So you have those strange experiences of rock throwing. I've had rocks thrown at me. It's a weird situation to be in the middle of.
Speaker 4: The uncomfortable, very uncomfortable situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're sitting somewhere where there's not supposed to be other people in that area, and then you get rocks thrown at you. There's only one thing that I'm aware of in nature that would have the ability to do that, and that's either a person or a monkey or some sort of a great ape or in theory sasquatch. Right, Yeah, so, yeah, you had those experiences. You obviously had one of those oh no moments, so you left out of there, but you kept coming.
Speaker 4: Back for more.
Speaker 1: So when did you really get into the continuing the field research and what kind of experiences have you had while you've been out looking for these things? Stay tuned for more sasquatch out to see. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 5: It was in twenty sixteen. I was living in Florida up until twenty sixteen. That year comes around, shockingly enough, I'll be the first one to admit that you can get homesick for New Jersey. I got homesick, moved home, and I thought my big footing career was over. I was like, Okay, we're done. No bigfoot in New Jersey? Was I wrong? Started doing some quick research. I linked up with some local researchers up here. I guess at the time, I must have been a little bit bored because I decided that I'm going to make a TV show.
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 5: I was looking at it. I was watching all the TV shows now and this is my philosophy. I was watching all the TV shows on wherever, and I was like, man, I've been doing bigfoot research for a couple of years at this point, and I got really into it, and I'm like, man, the shows on TV aren't portraying what bigfooting is truly about in the way it's actually done. They're leaving out some really imperative parts about this whole bigfoot thing. And I know that the shows on TV are designed for ratings and they're designed to make money, and I get that, not knocking any of them. That's how I got into it, right, So I can't say anything bad about it, But I wanted to make more of a truer, kind of amateur style show, not only that shows what bigfooting really truly is all about, but also to get my kind of mission statement. Remember I said, like I was always an indoor kid. My mission statement is to try to entice friends and families to get off the couch and into nature, to see something that you wouldn't see sit on the couch every day. That's something that is near and dear to me. That's why I really wanted to make the show. I think all of us as bigfoot researchers can agree that it's not about finding Bigfoot all the time. It's probably more so about the journey to looking for Bigfoot. So that's why I wanted to document and share with everybody. I'm a little familiar with this, but most of the audience may not be. So let's talk a little bit about your approach to that. Did it take you out in the woods, were you're doing active field investigations while you guys were recording and filming your video. Was it a blair witch project kind of single camera deal.
Speaker 1: Talk a little bit about that, what you did when you went out to film, and what you guys got into.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the first season was terrible. Looking back at it, it was not good. The fact that I went onto season two blows my mind. Yeah, it started very blair witchy. It was basically just me and my friends going out to some active areas and researching recent reports and trying to poke around to see what we can find. That was nine years ago. That was back in twenty sixteen. We have just started filming our ninth season and we just got back from Florida last week. We just filmed I think six episodes, but it's turned more into of a show where, like I said before, we attract people to get out and into nature. We interview local witnesses about bigfoot stories of what they've personally seen. We'll try to hold a town hall meeting if we can. But the show is more displays local attractions things in the area that would attract people to go there to buy stuff and to help the local economy and look for bigfoot at the same time. So it's like a win win for everybody.
Speaker 1: Have you had more experiences with these things? I know that's the thing about bigfooting. I've been on expeditions that have lasted for a week plus and you have very little if anything happened, And then you go out some days and everything happens. How have you found it as far as your failed research? Have you had other experiences? Have you seen these things? What other kind of experiences have you had with them?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And it's great that you bring that up because one of the reasons early on in my big footing career, when I started the show, I used to take people out into the woods like public and bring them out for expeditions and stuff. And one thing I would always be very wary of is saying that, listen, we don't have a bigfoot experience every time we go out. That's one of the reasons I've since stopped bringing people out, is because I feel that I can't offer them the experience that they might want to have. One in ten is about what I average when I go out activity wise, and I think that's pretty high for a lot of researchers. Anybody that has says that they have activity one in two, one in four times that they go out. I would love to go out with you and try to see what you're hearing, because it's either something really freaking cool or you're mishearing something one of the two that's obviously what it is. But regardless, yeah, I've found some really cool I've never actually seen a bigfoot. People are crazy. I do this full time, like I'm a full time bigfoot researcher. I go around the country full time. I speak at libraries. Now I've been doing it for three years. People say, wait a minute, you've divoted your life to this, but you've never seen a bigfoot. I say, absolutely, I don't even know. And this is the God's honest truth that I don't know if bigfoot exists. One hundred percent. I've never seen one, so I can't say that bigfoot is actually out there. What I can say is I believe probably eighty percent that something undiscovered is out there. So yeah, and I say eighty percent and not one hundred because I've found evidence but no smoking gun. I've never gotten a video of bigfoot. Evershire cans got a hair sample, that'd be cool. We've gotten vocalizations from up here in northwest New Jersey that I've sent away to a linguist from the military, and he came back and said, because X, Y, and Z, it's outside of human vocal range and it's no known animal from northwest New Jersey, which is really cool. We found footprints that are just try to figure out what else it could have been besides a bigfoot, one of those type of scenarios. It's been a ride. It's cool because even traveling around the country like I do, I've been finding similar evidence, similarly sized footprints and shaped footprints, different kind of tree breaks and stuff like that, all throughout the country. They're very significant because that means that whatever's doing this is leaving the same kind of evidence throughout the country, which is really cool.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about some other evidence. This is something that I've been having conversations with other folks about for years. There's the gold standard of some of the evidence that's out there. The Patterson Gimlin film, the Freeman footage, the Sierra Sounds, all the things, right, the top three? Those are the top three for me, I think as far as bigfoot research over the last five or six decades, Where are you on some of that evidences? Any of that stuff convinced you or would it be enough to convince you if you really sat down and studied it. Let's just take those top three. Where are you on the Patterson Gimlin film, the Freeman footage I'm talking video two from like nineteen ninety two, because there's two Paul Freeman videos out there. I'm talking about the Baby Lift video that would be his second one in ninety two. And then the Sierra Sounds. I've heard vocalization similar to the Sierra sounds. I've heard samurai chatter when I was on expedition a couple of years ago up in Radium, BC, Canada, with Tid standing. I have my doubts about all three of those things. Frankly, where are you on that. As far as the Patterson Gimlin film, the Freeman footage, and the Sierra Sounds.
Speaker 5: The Freeman footage is if I were to pick one, it'd be like, Okay, maybe that's this is the if he ist one out of the three. The reason behind that, I don't know. I think the Patterson Gimlin footage is again the community is so divided. However, some of the evidence, like the tumor on the leg is crazy. I don't think you would have put that in a suit back then. When it comes to the audio with the Rod Mooreheads Sierra Sounds, I had the privilege of introducing Ron in one of our shows out here that I was hosting.
Speaker 4: I was able to talk to him.
Speaker 5: It's so impossible to think that could have been anything human made, is my theory about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I'm right there with you.
Speaker 1: I have had my doubts about all three pieces of evidence over the years, and I go back and forth on it. I'm actually sitting down as we record this. In a couple of weeks, I'll be up at Ron's house on the twenty fifth of this month. We're going to do a set down, face to face interview he's actually going to play some of the unreleased I think he's got ten or twelve hours of never before released Sierra Sounds. He's already sent me three clips of it. I'm really excited to hear what else he's got going on, and I may even get to help him edit some of it and catalog it. Oh man, we'll figure that out when we get there. But I'll be up at Ron's house. Like I said on the twenty.
Speaker 5: Fifth special, that's something not a lot of people get to do, so that's really cool, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am excited about it because Ron's not getting any younger. Nobody ages in reverse, so this may be the last chance that anybody outside of his family or very close circle even gets to hear these and experience them. I really am excited to hopefully get an opportunity to hear the majority of them, and they maybe even help catalog them and narrow them down, edit them down for him.
Speaker 4: So we'll see how that works out.
Speaker 1: But the Sierra Sounds have always stood out to me because I've had so many questions about where the microphones were placed. If you do a lot with sound, you obviously do that in your business with video sound is weird. It's very strange when you start using microphones, what you pick up and what you don't pick up. I'm going to get into some of those questions, specifically with Ron, because I don't think they've been asked before, and if they have, it's been a long time ago. Just to get the picture painted as clearly as possible from his recollection now versus maybe what we've heard over the years, and then obviously get into some of the other sounds. I think for me, I'm definitely past the evidence part. I used to be that guy that was eighty twenty. Sometimes I was fifty to fifty, and I had these experiences last year where I got to see these things and now I know they exist because I've seen them. So now I've moved into this weird space where I'm no longer even really into the EVA. It's the way that I used to be because I was clamoring for everything I could find to convince myself one way or the other. Now I'm just more into what these things are. So I'm taking a deep dive into some of the older books I ordered a bunch of I found one of John Bender Nooggle's first books cost me a couple of hundred books. It's not cheat, but I'm reading some of the older stuff, going back to John Green stuff, bendro Naugle, Grover Krantz.
Speaker 4: And looking at what they looked at you. Yeah, they were.
Speaker 1: Looking at what physical animal this could be, what physical specimen this could be. Krantz was into the most of them were into the gigantopithecus thing. I'm frankly I never really considered that until a couple of years ago, having conversations with Matt Pruitt. Matt wrote his book The Phenomenal Sasquatch. Amazing book. If you guys haven't ever read it, you need to pick it up. It's one of the best in the businesses far as I'm concerned. And Matt is really into the gigantopithecus camp, if you will. I used to be more Cliff and I think are in line with possibly it's some sort of an ostrol epithescene, something along those lines. But Matt makes a very convincing argument there's only a couple of things that really have to fit together for it to be a Gigantopithecus offshoot of some sort. And you're looking into this and doing your research. Is that something that you've gotten into over the years. Do you ask yourself that question, not only are they real, but if they are real, what do you think they are? Do you have an opinion on Obviously it's subjective, but do you have an opinion on what you think these things might be? Are you more into the flesh and blood camp? Do you weighe between the wo and the flesh and blood?
Speaker 4: That's a great question.
Speaker 5: I'm flesh and blood and that's just because my evidence that I found so far. That's what it leads me to believe. You were talking earlier and you made me think of something. If I were to see a big foot on one of my expeditions out in the woods or whatever, shoot through a portal, or get beamed down by a UFO, listen, I am open to that experience, and I want to have that experience. I would be floored if that happened to me. Do I think it's gonna happen?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: Am I open to that possibility? Heck yeah, I think that would be dope. But I have to look at it realistically. Does that have a possibility of happening. I suppose it could, as it happened before. No, I don't know. I don't know, going too the Flesh and Blood camp, what do I think it is? If it is flesh and blood that I've gone from one theory to another theory and there's not been one that I'm fully set on because there's not anything that I think fully one hundred percent describes what people are seeing. Does that not mean that it could be an off you to something else? Absolutely, which I probably think it is, But of what I couldn't tell you, I would have to actually see one to be able to, I don't know, make a determination about that.
Speaker 1: In your travels and talking to people and interviewing them about the the experiences, are there any couple two or three that stick out to you as really compelling for one reason or the other. Any strange things, any strange behavior that you've never really heard other places, Because those are always the ones that stick out to me, people ask me. At this point, interviewed over one thousand people. I'm over almost six hundred episodes of the show. You tie in all the conferences and speaking gigs and book signings and people telling you their story, it's got to be well over a thousand and there's some that stick out to me because of the strange or something that you don't hear often in other stories. Like Shane Carpenter comes to mind. He and Randy Harrington started finding these little holes dug in certain places out at the four hundred, and then they found them in other research areas with other researchers and they compared notes and it's almost the identical thing. They have no idea what's going on. But that's something that intrigues me because it's something unique and it's new. They say there's nothing new under the sun, and with research, it tends to be that way. You hear the same things over and over. It's footprints, it's vocalizations, but when you talk about digging holes with sticks and tool usage and things like that, it's very unique. So is there anything that has stuck out to you in any of the people that you've talked to in your travels and some of the stories you've heard, whether it be a scary story, whether it be something unique or just that stuck out to you over the years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, here's one.
Speaker 5: And I can't take full credit for this because it's actually one of my buddy Mike philosophies.
Speaker 4: Here's one for you. I don't know if you ever heard this, or maybe your listeners have heard it.
Speaker 5: When it comes to tree knocks, we all can agree that something is in the woods that knocks on a tree, and it's not a woodpecker type of thing.
Speaker 4: So what is it?
Speaker 5: We think it might be a sasquatch? Why the wood is sasquatch knock on a tree? My theory and a couple other my friends. The number of knocks that you hear as you enter into the forest is the number of people that you have in your group. So think about that. So if you hear a single knock, you may most likely be by yourself. You hear a series of three knocks, man, look around, you probably with two other people. And I've heard this throughout the country, which is intriguing. I think that maybe Bigfoot's way of warning other Bigfoot, Hey, there's something not cool in the area, and there's.
Speaker 4: This many of them, so be on the lookout. Could be I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's definitely interesting. I've had that conversation years ago with Carter Bouchard. He wrote about it in one of his books that he felt these things were counting the number of people that were coming and going, because that was his experience. He'd look around, that'd be in a group of five, that here five wood knock somebody would leave that were here four, or that here one and then that here four. So he had this same theory that people were being counted. Basically, let me ask you this about the wood knox. This is something that again has fascinated me through the years. I've heard wood knox. I heard it them up in BC, Canada when I was up there in Radium a couple of years ago. I've heard wood knox here on our property once a couple of years ago. I don't necessarily think they're using wood. That used to be my theory. It was most people's theory. That's what we use. I actually have a wooden bat that I use and make my own wood knocks. I have my own knockers that I've made for myself. But I don't think that makes sense in nature, because if you're in the middle of the woods, go out right now, in the middle of the woods and try to find a stick that's strong enough that's not rotted that you could go and hit a tree immediately and make that sound. It's almost physically impossible. I've tried it in multiple locations. Yeah, the theory came up about rocks. It was a possible rock on wood situation. That something that Todd talked about when I was in radium. He thinks they do that. I tried that with a rock. It hurts like hell. Dude, if you hit one of those hardwoods with a big ass rock, your hand is singing for hours. Now, could a sasquatch do that and have no problems?
Speaker 4: Probably?
Speaker 1: I am of the mind at this point. I've talked to a couple of people, one person in particular, I've been trying to get on the show. We still haven't been able to get the interview that was in our face book group. We have a Bigfoot Encounters and Field Research group on Facebook. If you guys aren't a member of that, you need to be. There's almost twelve thousand people in there. We have got a ton of things that go on. We post about stuff over there all the time. There was a guy in there a couple of months ago and he was talking about he visually saw one or two sasquatch. He claims that we're making mouth pops out in the open and a no.
Speaker 4: Fred Roll up.
Speaker 1: In Alaska has documented at least one or two of these cases where he's interviewed people and talked to Native Americans up there first nations of people that have seen these things doing these mouth clicks or pops out in the open. You hear what sounds like a wood not coming from the middle of a field. There's a sasquatch there and no tree. So where are you on that? Do you think it's a possible some sort of a vocalization that they're doing versus them hitting a rock or a stick against a tree.
Speaker 5: Let's take just bigfoot anatomy for a second. If bigfoot's a real creature and it's bipedal and it's out in the woods, its main tools are going to be its hands, no question about that. Its survival is going to depend on its use of its hands. Carrying around a stick that is not sawdusted and shaving down and all nice is not going to do well. I don't care how tough your hands are or whatever. People don't report Bigfoot carrying around a stick. If bigfoot tree knocks weren't that common, I think somebody would have reported Bigfoot lugging around a nice big stick. Sometimes. I've not talked to any witnesses myself personally that have seen that. I am right there in the camp with you. That Bigfoot definitely somehow claps and uses their mouth to mouth clicks and echoes with the hands somehow. You got to think their hands are going to be significantly larger than us. And I can even get a good if I do it right, I can get a good percussion sound with my hands, So it would make sense Bigfoot can get a bigger, louder one.
Speaker 1: And stay tuned for more Sasquatch out to sea will be right back after these messages. Yeah, I've seen people do it. Tom Powell tried to teach me to do it during his interview.
Speaker 4: It's pretty cool. A couple of months ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was really cool to watch Tom do it, to watch me try it, not so much. I've definitely not perfected that, so I have to use a bad if. I'm going to do some tree knocks, and I don't do them very often. I know you travel around, I know you talk to a lot of people. I know you do some talks at libraries and things like that. Talk a little bit about what that experience is like, I've never done a library talk, but I've seen a lot of people who do.
Speaker 4: How do you get those? How does that come to be?
Speaker 1: For you? Doing these talks give us a little dime store tour of what we could expect if somebody finds you at a library talk and you're talking bigfoot folks.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I can't speak for anybody else who does presentations, but my presentation I try to answer the questions of who, what we're when, and why of bigfooting, why we do bigfoot research. So it's at all ages. Everybody's welcome to attend. The venues don't charge. I don't charge anybody to attend my presentations. Ever, I think that's fundamentally extremely important, especially with my mission statement of getting everybody off the couch and into nature. You're gonna listen to some interesting stories about, like I said, to what, Where, when, why, bigfooting. You'll see some unfortunate circumstances that occurs when you go bigfooting. For example, You'll see when I got sprayed with bear mace.
Speaker 4: That was a good experience.
Speaker 5: You'll also see some of the top three evidence best evidence that I've come across in the field. But the coolest part of any presentation, no matter where I go in the country, is before I start any presentation, I always ask who in the audience has seen or heard a bigfoot. Sometimes it's nobody. Most of the time it's nobody, but sometimes it is And I think the most intriguing thing is at the beginning, maybe one or two people will share their experiences. By the end of the program, after I explain everything about what bigfooting is and why I do what I do in the fun that I I have half the audience has their hands up wanting to share their big foot encounter. That's the coolest thing about what I do. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's one of my favorite things in the world to go to a conference and see the people's excitement to be there and just be able to be in a space where you can talk about bigfoot and people not look at you like you've got three heads.
Speaker 5: A safe space is what it's about, creating a safe environment for people to share their encounters, and that's what I love to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's one of my favorite things about going to conferences and going to festivals and seeing everybody light up that want us to tell their stories. I've talked to so many people that have had so many amazing stories. It's tough as hell to get them on a podcast like this to talk about it, but they'll talk to you all day face to face. And it's one of my favorite things to do because obviously we do all this behind the microphone and we're on with each other now face to face on the computer, but it's not the same things interacting with people face to face in real life. So it's one of my favorite things in the world. We've talked about it a couple of times about your show. You're going into your ninth season. Let's talk a little bit about that. What's the name of it? What can people when they check it out? And where can they find it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's on YouTube. It's called In the Shadow of Big Red Eye. We have forty six hundred subscribers or something like that. We're getting up there. It's pretty cool a film. In the ninth season, we have over three hundred and fifty episodes on our YouTube channel. New episodes come out every Monday night, even as I tour the country thanks to scheduling. But yeah, it's a show. Anywhere's from ten minutes to I don't know a little bit longer. An hour depends on I try to one expedition equals one episode of my show. If I don't see anything or experience anything cool, it's going to be a relatively short episode because I don't try to add in things that don't happen. If it's a jam packed episode, it's gonna be a little bit longer. It's the nature of the beast. The cool thing about the show, and I mentioned it earlier, is I do everything myself. I don't have a production team, I don't have any sponsors. I edit the show myself. I promote the show. I do everything one hundred percent myself. I can honestly say, and what other people like about the show is it's a true show about what bigfooting is. It's not scripted. There's never a script. I may have to do a retake because I burped or something, but hey, it's all true, real bigfoot research and it's the only YouTube show that's a weekly bigfoot show that's been created.
Speaker 1: I will definitely link to it in the show notes so you guys can check it out. Do you have anything coming up speaking of traveling or are there any big dates or anything coming up in the future for twenty twenty five that you want to tell people about.
Speaker 5: We already have sixty presentations on the schedule and it's just into February. Yeah, we got let's see April. Gotta get my schedule right April. I'm going south. I'm starting in Virginia and heading all the way down to Mississippi.
Speaker 4: Can't wait. It's going to be a really cool one.
Speaker 5: North Carolina, Virginia, Alabama, Mississippi. Then we get into festival season and I'm sure you're gonna be at a couple of festivals. I'm gonna see you around this year. We got the Smoky Mountain Festival, I think we got two there, the Forrest County Bigfoot Festival in June, which I'm em seeing again for the fourth year in a row, which is gonna be great.
Speaker 4: There's some huge name speakers there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's just so many places that I'm gonna be this year. It's hard not to find me if you're in the Bigfoot community. If anybody's curious about my schedule or my appearances, my website is shadow of Redeye dot com that has all of my YouTube shows, all the upcoming episodes, upcoming appearances, all that good stuff where we're looking for witnesses and if you want to be a part of the show, it tells you how to do that as well.
Speaker 1: Awesome man, I will link to it in the show notes.
Speaker 4: You guys, go over and check it.
Speaker 1: Out Shadow of Redeye dot com. Check out the YouTube channel. Go over there, subscribe, watch some videos, link some comments, give them some thumbs up, give them some love. I appreciate it, Mike. It's been great to have you back on the show. Man, Dude, Brian, thank you so much.
Speaker 6: They say you go, but you can't stay.
Speaker 3: And I don't know how to feel.
Speaker 6: World out its side.
Speaker 3: Try this chart. That chart everything calling right back, ride back and the joy for me joy stay right there, come it right away, still start says ss st st ST stills as games and gamest stays. US states things, us ness