Speaker 2: Seven five.
Speaker 1: I think you have karosebe talk station. It's Friday and a woo for Friday generally speaking. Add an extra woohoo because you get to talk with Orlando's sons. Welcome back to Orlando Sons. I really appreciate you coming on the program to day to give us an update about what's been going on since the election.
Speaker 2: Brian, how are you great to always be on with you.
Speaker 1: I'm doing great. And how the wife and kids start with the most important thing in your life.
Speaker 3: They are fantastic. Look, we are headed into the springtime, which hopefully we're clear of the Cincinnati flux of weather. But wife and kids are doing great.
Speaker 1: It's since today weather is bipolar. There's no question about it.
Speaker 3: So glad you Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, well and there you go. We can go back to the race against Greg Landsman. And one of the most disappointing things in the November election for me was that Greg Landsman prevailed. I just could not believe that you are such a superior person. Your background, your quality of your character, your service to our country, your experience. I thought you would have brought so much of that seat.
Speaker 2: And there we go.
Speaker 1: We got Greg Landsman, Gang of five landsman in the role, and by all accounts he's keeping his head down and not really doing anything.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, like we always I think thought throughout the race, right, Brian, is that we weren't going against necessarily our opponent. We were going against the index, specifically in Hamilton County, in the city. So but we put it all out in the field. I could not have been more proud of the work that the team put in and all the volunteers.
Speaker 2: And all the support.
Speaker 3: But we keep up the fight. We keep up the fight moving forward.
Speaker 1: Well, and it hasn't taken the window out of your sales, I hope are you still considering something down the road by way of elected office.
Speaker 3: Well, look, Brian, what I say is this is that for the current moment, I'm fully committed to the great work that we're doing at the Hamilton County Veteran Service Commission. Yeah, what greater honor and mission to help support and serve those who have served our country. And in Hamilton County with over forty thousand veterans, third largest county in Ohio with by veteran population, we're doing good work at the present time.
Speaker 2: I'm fully committed to it.
Speaker 1: I'm glad to hear that. And what better person to be in that role than you, who also probably served your country. West Point graduate you were, and you know your time in the service, I know is valuable to you, and you learned a lot, so you have the knowledge and experience for that role because you understand what it is to have served your country, which is I think it's a necessary element to take that job.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's what we're seeing right in our country today is just this desperate need for a focus on not just supporting those that have served, but for supporting those that are currently serving. And so I believe I'm just as much in the fight as as anyone else that's looking to again, whether it's revitalizing our military or just showing that we are a country that supports those service men and women that have sacrificed so much. It truly is an honor, not just for me, but for my wife as well as you know, Brian. She served her country proudly, and I think the future is bright for our country with the way that our military is again being prioritized.
Speaker 1: Well, see another reason you're happy you went to West Point because that's where you met her. As I met my wife in law school. Right, the best part about going to law school is I got her out of the thing. I mean, I got a law agree and I practice. But you know there are there are priorities, so.
Speaker 3: That and just like just like me, your wife also outranks you.
Speaker 2: I know, we have to keep it.
Speaker 1: That waymed to that. Well, see we get okay, you and I both know you experience in Hamilton County's gone blue. I mean, damn it. We lost the prosecutor's office to Connie Pillach, who was out in front of TESLA protesting to the DOJE efforts to get rid of the size and scope of government. When she promised right after being elected she's going to keep politics out of it. I guess she forgot that pledge anyway. But no recognizing what's going on. And I have seen a lot of polls. Trump's popularity story is pretty high, and people are thoroughly appalled and upset about what we are learning and how and the revelations about where our hard earned taxpayers have been spent. And I find it preposterous that the Democrats are at their screaming, bloody murder trying to defend programs like you know, circumcisions and Mozambique or whatever. I mean, we have something that's completely out of control. These policies and program are indefensible, and I have to imagine a lot of the Democrat voters in Hamilton County probably feel the same way. It's one of the reasons, you know, Donald Trump on his pledges when he was running for presidents to do exactly this made a lot of inroads into the Black community, the Hispanic community. Obviously, immigration had a large thing to do with that because it's impacting the black and Hispanic communities also. So do you think do you hold out any hope that we could write the ship that is Hamilton County right now down the road orlanda Well, I'll.
Speaker 3: Say this is that this past election, Brian is it was truly a turning point for our country where people from all across communities, and you speak of you know, just urban communities that have typically voted one way for decades, really saw that this was the year where we needed to write the ship.
Speaker 2: And specifically when it comes to.
Speaker 3: Overbloated government, the fraud, waste, and abuse that we see across the entire federal government. We're sick and tired of it, And for those that are quote unquote upset with the way that the president of the administration has been operating in trying to cut down the fraud, waste, and abuse in just his first month in office. This is what he ran on to your point, Brian, he ran on this campaign for two plus years. Everyone knew that that was his mission. He was going to do what no other president has done in the modern era, and that was actually go in there into the belly of the beast and cut whether it's deregulation or cut federal spending. I mean the things that we uncovered with the millions of dollars that have gone into programs. You mentioned some of them, but I mean Sesame Street in Iraq, a tune of twenty million dollars. You know, the waste it's created, this federal government that people were sick and tired of, that Americans were paying for, hard working tax payers were paying for. So, you know, do I have sympathy for those that don't necessarily like the way that he's operating. The answer is no, because this is the way that he was running on and for the millions of voters that voted to elect him into office. We put him there, the American people overwhelmingly put him there. And the thing that I will say is allow the president to do his job to literally enact the policies that he ran on. That Brian is democracy, indeed is a threat to democracy, you know, is these unelected career bureaucrats that hide behind civil servant status thinking that they answer to no one and are completely unchecked. It's not the way that our founding fathers intended. What they intended was that one person would run to get all the votes, hopefully majority of the votes across America. They would run on platforms, they'd be able to be elected as president of the United States, choose the people by advice and consent of the Senate to carry out the mission. And that's exactly what we're seeing.
Speaker 1: Now, Yes we are, and it's refreshing alternative from other prior presidents, including Clinton, Obama, and Biden, who also promised to get rid of fraud, waste abuse in government. They're on tape, they're on record, there's YouTube videos out there with all their comments along the same lines. They promised to do the same thing, yet they didn't deliver. The government just merely got bigger, and the regulatory environment just got more difficult to deal with and navigate. And had they delivered on the promises, I just kind of scratched my head and kind of wonder theoretically if the Democrats will be screaming and yelling about if their Democrat president had engaged in these efforts.
Speaker 3: Right right, I mean, at the end of the day. Again, there's growing pains right now because it's one thing to say it on the campaign, and it really doesn't matter what party the presidential candidates running on. We've seen it on both sides to your point, Brian. We've seen candidates on both sides say that they would go in there and they would cut waste, they would cut fraud abuse, they would shrink the size of government. But no one's actually done it to the extent that President Trump is doing right now. He my gosh, he hit the one month mark yesterday of being the forty seventh president the United States, and the amount of money that we're already uncovering that are being saved for the American people. It's just astounding, and one the only surprise that people should have is the speed at which he's doing it and the people that he has tapped to lead. These government agencies are committed to the mission that they are there to, yes, serve the best interests of the American people.
Speaker 2: But guess what.
Speaker 3: They are not there to make overbloated government bigger. They're there to shrink the size of government. And here's the word that you know has gotten a lot of flak the last few weeks. Efficient, to make federal government more efficient. The question that we should be asking is, for any of these agencies, whether it's the DOJ, the FBI, energy Treasury, can we operate with a more streamlined, efficient federal agency. And if the answer is yes, then we should be doing everything we can to.
Speaker 1: Get there exactly. And you know, that's what Elon Musk is really notably famous for. I mean, I talked to an author of a book about Elon Musk and his business practices. You know, he buys Twitter and immediately fires like eighty percent of the employees. And yet there it is as acts, it still runs, it still works, it doesn't have the limitations on free speech, is a very wildly popular platform that apparently didn't need all those extra employees in the first place. That author also pointed out that he instructed the folks at Tesla to start literally removing every single component product in the cars until such point that they wouldn't work anymore in order to increase efficiency, weight and keep costs down. I mean, that's the point of Elon Musk being efficiency and getting rid of, you know, the unnecessary components.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right. And you know you mentioned layoffs. You know, that's exactly what we would expect for a company that is trying to be more efficient, it's trying to go into cost saving mode. It's so that for the end user, for the end customer, they deliver a better product, better experience at a better price.
Speaker 2: For government, what should we expect.
Speaker 3: Again, we should expect a federal government that is the size, no bigger than it needs to be in order to deliver the same efficient, productive service or product that the American citizen should expect. And so for these lays you know, again we cannot say, although some do that it's cruel that we're seeing, you know, these overnight layoffs of thousands employees. Number one, in his first couple of weeks, President Trump offered a incredible, never heard of deal for federal employees to essentially not go back to work and take an amazing six plus months before they can early retire and give them full benefit, full pay. I mean, that's unheard of. If he really wanted to, he would have fired those employees on January twentieth, but no, instead he offered a great buyout. If you want to retire, you don't, you don't want to stay while this ship is moving, then by all means, you know, you can leave and we'll offer you a great benefits package. For these employees have been laid off in the last couple of weeks their probationary employee, and these employees that have entered into the federal workforce know that they are subject to a certain amount of time as a probationary employee.
Speaker 2: That I don't know what the.
Speaker 3: Majority of people expect when they hear the term probationary, but working just in government in the past, is probationary means that you could be removed at will at any time you serve with the pleasure of the federal government or the agency you work for, and if the federal agency or the administration views that that is not the most efficient means for federal government, then you could be layoff. You knew that going in, and the question is that can we operate again with greater efficiency with lower workforce. It's not like we are leaving these people out to dry. Think about, Brian, the thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of jobs that are out there, whether it's in the private sector or whether it's in state government that these American hardworking, yes, hopefully hardworking American citizens now have to find ulterior employment. But they're out there. You know, we have an abundance of opportunity here. Just because they may have worked in federal government for the last eighteen months doesn't mean that there's nothing else that they can do. Hopefully they picked themselves up by the bootstrapsy as we would expect for every American. You get out there, you do hard work, it's based on merit, and you go ahead and continue to contribute to the economy and to the way of life here in America.
Speaker 1: Orlando Sanza, it's just such a pleasure hearing you and you're insightful, logical and reasonable comments. I wish you all the best, the best of health, love to you and your family, and your continued success with the Hamilton County Veteran Services. I can't thank you enough. Just my love for the American veteran is well known to my listening audience, and it's wonderful to know someone like is there helping the veterans out of the Hamilton County Veterans Services Commissioned. So we'll be on. We'll talk again. You got some development you want to pass along to my listeners along those lines, you always have an opportunity in a form here on the fifty five KRC Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Brian, thanks so much, my friend, Take care, have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: Thanks brother you two. It's seven twenty to fifty five kr SE Detalk station. You got a wood burning fireplace or free standing stove or self feeding wood waste pellow stove, take advantage right now. The Chimneycare fireplace and stove helping you make sure that you ensure that your home is safe so you can enjoy the comfort without concern. And you should have a measure of concern if you haven't had your fireplace chimney inspected, most notably with the wood burners, you could have a problem there kreosode build up, but that could cause a chimney fire. It happens all the time. The lining gets cracked, and then your second chimney fire because you don't have a swept, could well maybe burn your house down bad. Absolutely, so take advantage right now. They're doing a winter special from the Chimneycare Fireplace and Stove. It's a woodburning sweeping evaluation which is only one hundred and sixty nine dollars in ninety nine cents plus tax. The expert the Chimneycare Fireplace to those certified chimney sweeps. They can handle all elements of safety in your home, whether they have a gas burner or a wood burner. But this wood burning special is really a great idea. So if it's been a while you can't remember last time, book your appointment online. It's easy to do at Chimneycare code dot com a plus with a better business feer. They got a beautiful showroom looking at a four thirteen Wards Corner Road. If you're looking for a fireplace insert or a free standing stove or a wood waste pellet stove, I recommend going to the website and checking out all the things they have available there. Again, you can make the appointment at the website or call and tell them. Brian said, Hi, since nineteen eighty eight five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five to one three two four eight ninety six hundred fifty five car The talk station Santos