Speaker 1: Yea ripped up.
Speaker 2: Need advice, so you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come runs as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 3: Dix is the Troubleshooter Show now Tom Martino.
Speaker 2: Heye, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. This is I love saying the only show was kind of anywhere in the universe where we solve problems, answer question, take complaints, make your life a little easier. And I like bragging that we have recovered I mean really more than a half a million, half of half a billion dollars over the years and cash, merchandise, exchanges, refunds and services. That's our barometer on what we have gotten for consumers over the years. Of course no one else does it, so oh I guess, I guess nowadays people are doing it. But if you want to keep track of dollars, more than a half a billion dollars for consumers, and we basically lost track. We we recover so much in any year, but we can't help everyone. Sometimes it's you know, like we give services away, for example, with with our attorneys, our accounts, our doctors. We can't always solve a problem, but we try, we really really try. So Welcome to the show. The number is three oh three seven one to three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Brian Burns is with me today Compass Insurance, and he is really here to talk about what I call the insurance crisis. There is an insurance crisis going on around the country and many, many insurance companies are changing the way they do business. Insurance is not a right, it's something you purchase. By the way, It's one of the few industries that I believe are evil. I mean truly, I do. I really mean that. I mean, the entire establishment wasn't meant to be, but it became that way. It is told the only way it makes money is by denying claims or reducing claims, that's my opinion. And they're predicated on not giving consumers what they need because of profit. Again, profit's the way of the world, but in insurance it's a rare bird. They actually go into health. For health insurance, for example, they did what was called managed care. Now, at first, that was supposed to get rid of the scumbags, the scumbags that were take doctors that were taking advantage of the marketplace, so they say so. They came in as a savior, and what they said was, we're going to tell you how much you can make and what you can treat under our plans. So they actually put up pricing and structures and rules not for the best care of the patient, but for the best profit. That's it totally. So it starts out supposedly with lofty ideas we're going to spread the risk and help people, but then it turns out to be how much can we fleece from people control on the medical end and make profit. Now with homeowners and everything else, same thing now, of course, homeowners insurance for years we've been spoiled. It's the only insurance where we expect full replacement. There is no other insurance where we expect full replacement. We don't certainly ever expect it with cars, We don't ever expect it with anything we own. We expect with what we own to get paid for what it's worth when it's destroyed. That goes for anything, that goes for anything. But when it comes to homeowners and contents, we have been spoiled and lured into the one replacement value. Brian Burns Compass Insurance. How long has full replacement been going on? Is it from the very beginning, and why is it common? Why is it full replacement?
Speaker 4: It wasn't from the very beginning. They've modified the insurance forms over time. But you know, what we would be used to in the last thirty years has definitely been replacement cost, probably.
Speaker 2: Even more than that, but for everything, for jewelry, for well schedule and no, no, but but but still right, it's it's presumably for full value.
Speaker 5: Right A home is bv yep.
Speaker 4: Replacement cost of personal property that all got modified auto is not there. But yeah, but home insurance, You're right, it did change at some point and became just the norm, and now you're starting to see them take a bit of that back, specifically.
Speaker 2: On the roof JR. What's your comment?
Speaker 6: Hey, hey, Tom, I'm down here in colorall springs at calling you guys all the time. Man, I'm you know, I'm sixty nine. I own my house plus two other little rentals that I rent out, and they force you to have insurance, which okay, I get it. Of course, now they can raise prices wherever they want, and now that's forcing me to raise my renters, you know, because my premiums are going out.
Speaker 2: But what I want to ask you something. I want to ask you something, JR. If you were not forced to have insurance, are you telling me you would not have insurance?
Speaker 6: I would have minimal coverage. I have three homes that are not in a fire or flood zone.
Speaker 2: What do you mean by minimal coverage?
Speaker 3: What do you mean by that minimum minimum?
Speaker 6: I would have minimal I mean to pay like my little one hundred and sixty seven thousand dollars home that I that I live in, my little three bedroom, two bath that's you know, built in the sixties. I I pay forty two hundred a year.
Speaker 2: But I need to know what you mean by And Brian wanted to comment on that. But I want to know what do you mean by minimal clevercy. I don't understand that because here's the deal. No, you must insure it for its value.
Speaker 6: Well well yeah, yeah, no, and I get that, but it's the insurance company going, Okay, my house one sixty seven. Now they're saying it's value at four point fifty nine. Prices just continue to go up, and it's putting not just seniors. I'm in a pretty good shape myself.
Speaker 2: No, I know what you're saying. You're saying it's forcing all expenses to go up. That's absolutely correct, whether it be a rental or whether it be a single family home that you own. And of course mortgage companies will not put a mortgage on a property unless it's insured for its its rebuild right right. And you don't get to stop, Tom, Well, it doesn't stop. It doesn't stop you, It really doesn't stop. That's the answer. You must ensure, and I go for You must ensure for the value. Okay, I get that there, because really what people reason sometimes is I'm never going to have any single loss more than let's say fifty grand or one hundred grand, So that's all I want to ensure it for.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: What happens then if you destroy something, your whole house, then you're out. You get one hundred grand and you out. But the mortgage company would never stand for that. I wonder if people had, let's say, theoretically, Brian, we didn't have so many mortgages and people owned homes. What I'd like to know is would people have a right to under insure? Well, do I have a right to do that? Well in my house, Let's see, my house is paid for and I don't want to insure it for I want to save money. In fact, I don't have to carry insurance.
Speaker 4: That's right, That's what I was gonna say. There is no requirement of carrying home ownerns insurance, but.
Speaker 2: I buy just liability.
Speaker 4: Yet you could get you can get premise liability. Yes, I have companies that would offer premise liability. But the whole point to what the caller was just saying is you obviously have a mortgage because that's the only requirement. Your mortgage company would require you to carry home insurance. But it's not a state requirement. It's not a governmental requirement. It's not like auto insurance. No, it's not auto insurance.
Speaker 2: So if you have your house paid for, so so theoretically, if I have a house paid for, I don't have to pay Let's say I don't know what this house costs about six grand a year more or more more? Even?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, so I mean in ten years I got eighty grand. But if I get a claim in between, that eighty doesn't mean anything, and I can lose all my equity because I couldn't rebuild, right I mean, so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to me, the way to go about it is if you have that money and you want to minimize the cost of insurance, what do you do? Go to the highest deductible you can or almost put the roof on yourself. If you're like, I'll take care of a roof if something happens, carry a really high deductible.
Speaker 2: Well, I have a stone roof. What are the chances of my roof really being destroyed?
Speaker 5: Very little?
Speaker 4: And that's the point. Anybody that has a concrete.
Speaker 2: Tool, I get a discount for that.
Speaker 5: You do, and we carry a higher deductible for it.
Speaker 4: So but anybody that has a concrete tile roof or one of these roofs like March roof is one of.
Speaker 2: Those that is almost high improoved.
Speaker 4: Right, those are the ones to me take advantage of the the fact that you put the money in on the roof and go really high deductible for wind and hail, and we really reduce your premieer.
Speaker 2: We got to take a break. Now, here's what's on board. David wants to talk about a rental carn. Paul wants to talk about Venezuelan gang issues in Denver. Regina wants to talk about an attorney taking advantage of her parents. Let's go. We got more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martinez here at three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Let's move on, David, what's going on with this rental car?
Speaker 3: David, Tom, thanks so much for taking the call. Longtime listener, Thank you, appreciate all that you do.
Speaker 2: Thank you, David. What's happening well?
Speaker 3: My wife and I left the Denver area where now in Florida about a year and a half ago. He just recently took a trip to Houston, Texas to visit a friend for a couple of days, and we rented a car from six six T Car rental agency. Nice looking car. Everything looked fine and this morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's the name of the agency again, it's not one of these, not not Avis or not one of the run of the mills. It's a private one.
Speaker 3: But they do have a representation there at the airport. It's sixt.
Speaker 2: Says in Sam.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's correct, Sam. I as an igloo x as an X ray. T isn't Tom?
Speaker 2: Okay, sixth got it? So what happened?
Speaker 3: So I woke up this morning and I had an email stating that I had damage on the vehicle and we owed them thirteen hundred plus dollars. Yeah, attached to that email or photographs. Yeah, and these little march you would never see it walking up to the car. They look like they could have been made by a car work.
Speaker 2: Did you have a condition before? Did you have a condition report that you signed off on before you rented?
Speaker 3: I'm sure I did.
Speaker 2: That's what I do, and that's what everyone does. That you walk around the car and they tell you to note any damages. Now you note the damages. You never really know if they write it down accurately or do you take the time to do that, or sometimes they say, well, we don't care about anything if it's smaller than dime or whatever. But I don't know what they told I don't know what they told you.
Speaker 3: They really didn't tell me anything. And I should have photographed the entire car. But if I had photographed the car, you still wouldn't have seen what they're pointing out to me because these are like road I know.
Speaker 5: You send us the picture so we can all get a look.
Speaker 3: I will be happy to do that. Let's do that.
Speaker 2: That's a good idea.
Speaker 3: Mark, I'm on my phone. Let me go open up my email, Ken and by the way, we can put you on hold and let you do that.
Speaker 2: I'm going to do that, Okay, hang on, I want to see the pictures. That's a great idea. Paul the Waterman is on the line too. By the way, the best water systems at the lowest prices. He's not on to talk about water, although I just wanted to let you know that I have the water system wonderful fourteen hundred dollars. While the drinking water you can drink Paul the Waterman or it's waterpros dot net. But you're calling about something else.
Speaker 7: Fall Yeah, I'm concerned. At the top of the hour before you show started, there's a news about ninety one people are going to have to move loose their home, and Aurora said, it's the.
Speaker 2: Wait, ninety people are going to have to what.
Speaker 1: Move up, move out, move move away, Aurora.
Speaker 7: The news article on your station said because the code violations. That then there was a person they played a clip of one of the managers property managers. They're stating that it's because of the Venezuelan gang violence. Now, I saw a clip on this on Twitter or x at the same time as around the same time when they had those three thousand Venezuelan migrants that that blockaded a target store in Aurora. Yeah, protest the election.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so there's not yeah whatever they were that was about the home elections, right right.
Speaker 7: So then at the same time there is a story about this apartment complex in Aurora, and so I just it's concerning, and I think this is only maybe the tip of iceberg was something like this.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't realize, you know, I did not realize for code violations.
Speaker 8: So I'm not sure exactly what's going on here. I saw something last night on the local news that was talking about the gangs as well, but I'm not exactly sure.
Speaker 5: While they're shutting it down.
Speaker 2: It says here that the City of Aurora is debunking claims that an Aurora apartment building has been I don't trust them.
Speaker 5: I don't trust the City of Aurora as far as I could throw them.
Speaker 2: The building is operated by CBZ Management and that's what we're talking about near Anshoots. And it says that the issues date back years before this immigration thing. But apparently a lot of people are saying that it's unlivable due to the street the Venezuelan street gangs. So I'm not sure.
Speaker 8: Well, here's a statement that came out by the Aurora Police. It said the city the Aurora Police Apartment are also aware of concerns at the national level that members of the Venezuelan prison gang have arrived in the Innate and the United States and established organized crime sales in cities throughout the country.
Speaker 5: Yeahs Biden.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So this is I'm gonna be this is going to be. My concern is that this is going to escalate.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't see where it won't escalate. I mean, not just with Venezuelan gangs, but who the hell else is coming through We don't know.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I'm not one to say, oh everybody, you know, they're all they're on uh they're you know, they're unloading their insane asylums and they're how to how to stray prisons and prisons. I don't know if that's true. I mean that, and and I don't want to be true, and I don't want to make it sound like everybody coming to this country for asylum are really people uh looking to commit crime? Okay, now obvious we don't know how many because we don't have any way of screening them. So we are letting everyone in, now, you know, So you just figure it out. We're gonna have good and bad and ugly. It's gonna be it's gonna be nasty. What do you do about it?
Speaker 7: Well, the last thing is that yesterday the story broke.
Speaker 1: Ninety over ninety on the.
Speaker 7: Suspected terror lists were released by Ice. They came through the cross the border illegally, ninety of them on the expected or terror lists. Excuse me, we're released into this country by Ice.
Speaker 8: Well, Paul, that's what happens when people vote for people that want open borders. It's not there's there's nothing hidden about it anymore. The far left wants open borders. So that's who got in office, because that's who the people voted for.
Speaker 2: I mean, that is true. You do you do get what you vote for. I mean, look at we do we have. We have you know, closed borders and open borders. Can't there be like reasonable borders. I mean, I don't know. I listen, this thing sucks, Paul, I don't know where it goes. But as far as these you know, think about this, prior to two weeks ago, I've never heard of Venezuelan gangs ever. Now all of a.
Speaker 5: Sudden in the news Forever Venezuela and their crime rate has.
Speaker 2: Dropped so much. But I'm talking about here. I'm talking about here in Denver, Mark. I never heard about Venezuelan gang violence in Denver before prior to that election. That was the first time I ever heard about Venezuelan gangs. When the Venezuelan elections happened and they worked, they took to the streets in Aurora, I know. I mean, I'm just saying me personally, I hadn't heard about them. They weren't in the news a lot. As far as in America. It might be a big deal in Venezuela, but I never knew it. I mean I would have maybe approached things a little differently than venturing out to these communities trying to help people. What I would have been a bit more cautious. Maybe I didn't personally encounter I don't even know what I would. I mean, I didn't see anything that looked apparently dangerous or like gangs, but apparently it is a problem. And I don't know. I mean, if they were in a gang in Venezuela and they all came here, they're still in a gang, right, and Paul, I.
Speaker 7: Appreciate they're not going to leave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, Tom, I mean appreciate the observation. You're not the only one. I'm getting texts about this, And I did get other texts, and I didn't know really how to handle them, to be honest with you, I mean, because I don't know what to do other than to I don't know, other than to talk about it.
Speaker 5: Hey, what not like the typical let's take a break.
Speaker 8: I'm going to put those pictures up of the damage to the car on our YouTube channels where everybody can see them.
Speaker 2: Thank you. And I want to remind people you can google excuse me, you can text my personal Google phone seven four seven nine nine fifty two eighty seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty three oh three seven one three Talk by the way eight eight eight Heating dot com will check your AC This is the time you want someone honest and someone who has great equipment if you ever need it, and they're giving free second opinions three oh three seven seven zero two seven seven six Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com. List your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter threeh three seven to one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. All right, now let's continue. We have a lot to talk about here. David sent us some picks of the damage to his rental car. And what's really odd is how weird it is. I mean, how how it's not much at all? Mark, what do you think about that so called damage?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 2: I see it. I mean, my goodness, it's everywhere. I mean, but what do you think is exaggerated or not? I think that car needs some work done. I mean, I don't know, okay, saggerated how much it costs to fix it? But I put the pictures up on the YouTube channel. It's evident something scratched it. I don't know if car wash or what. Okay, that's really Yeah, it's really strange. It really is strange because it is not as let's say, it's not as harmless as he said. But did he do it? David?
Speaker 5: And David you must have some idea of what that was from?
Speaker 2: Yeah, David, come on, man, are you there?
Speaker 3: Tom?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir.
Speaker 3: If you look at the two headlights on either side, the markings are almost identical, which made me kind of look at it going, could it be a car wash kind of thing? This could be?
Speaker 2: Are you suggesting they are you suggesting they're doing this on purpose? Well, listen, I don't.
Speaker 3: My wife suggested that perhaps employees can if they point out enough normal wear and tear of stone, nicks or whatever that might show up if they get a claim that somebody.
Speaker 2: No, but I Mark, I can see where this is normal, though I don't think it was normal to me. I mean, Mark, when you say it needs work, I don't think you can say like I don't. I mean, I think you're going to get you can buff those out. No, I'm not saying that at all. But how do we know it's not accumulated? How do we know?
Speaker 1: ID right?
Speaker 2: I mean when I run a car, I walk around it with but Mark, I wouldn't have known. I don't think I would have noted this damage if I rented the.
Speaker 3: Car, That's correct.
Speaker 2: I think it's too small to note. I I kind of agree. Look at what I meant was I acknowledge the damage. But I'm not saying I acknowledge that it's something you could be responsible for. For goodness sakes, I mean there's too many little their tiny little marks. I don't know. Are they trying to collect from you?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: One thousand, three hundred seventy one dollars and twenty five cents.
Speaker 2: Now here's what I did one time years ago. This was years ago. We actually sued, or the consumer was sued, and in his defense we got him an attorney who did discovery and we actually found I remember this like it was yesterday. We found that they had done this to the previous renters as well, and that the damage was noted to previous renters. Through discovery, we contacted previous renters of the car. I mean, it took some doing, but we just had had a feeling that this place was shady. Now I'm not saying this is shady, but I would fight it. This is They're too little. They're too little. I would have never walked around this car and noted those marks ever. Ever, it's not like a normal damage, you know, like a dent or a ding. Look at that, Brian. Look at that. Brian is in the business of repairing. I mean with an insurance. Look at Brian. Come on, I mean, what do you think of that?
Speaker 3: Look at that.
Speaker 4: I've rented many cars. I don't know if I would have even taken note of that.
Speaker 10: I know it.
Speaker 2: Do you have a condition? How many miles on this car, by the way, when.
Speaker 3: You took it, I don't know if it's on this of course it is on the paperwork. This is a claim for damages, so it does not list as far as I'm looking at it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but your rental agreement? Do you know how many miles were on the car when you took it?
Speaker 3: I do have that, but I'm away from my home right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, I want you to get that information for us. I want to continue this, David.
Speaker 3: Now, I would appreciate it. Now. I know that my wife did some research online about this car rental agency. They're very large in Europe, by the way, and a local affiliate of Fox Station for whoever the complaintant was that she was reading about online. Contacted their customer service unit and they just dropped all the chargers. They said, never mind, you owe us nothing, And I.
Speaker 2: Mean I would like I would like to know. First of all, you need to ask for the condition statement for your walk around. But you don't even remember doing one, do you. No.
Speaker 3: They gave us the key and just said, okay, if you never.
Speaker 2: Did a condition statement, that's going to be on them, because how are they going to show that you did it and it wasn't there before? Are you sure you need to go through your paperwork? David?
Speaker 5: What's that mark, probably in the rental agreement itself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I bet it is. But there's some that he had it. He signed off on it without even knowing that that's what.
Speaker 2: Well, let's look. I want you to look at all the papers you signed, David City, David, did you put it on a credit card that might cover this for you?
Speaker 3: The card, I'm not certain if they would cover it for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now, Brian, what about insurance? What covers this? Well, this is not like an in It doesn't look like an incident.
Speaker 5: We don't even know what happened. He has no incident.
Speaker 2: Well, there's too many little specs all over. It's not like it happened once.
Speaker 4: Yeah, was it a sandstorm or something? I mean, I just don't know how. I would love to see pictures before he took the car. Sometimes they go around and do that, you know that condition statement. Last time I rented, they did pictures of the car before I rented on the iPad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think even pictures wouldn't have picked this up unless you went right up to it. Come on, man, I would not Man, I'd never pay this. Are they demanding payment or did they already charge you?
Speaker 3: No, they're demanding payment.
Speaker 2: You better you better stop that credit card. By the way, you better make sure they don't tap the credit card you used.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll do We'll do that right away.
Speaker 1: Then do that right away, and.
Speaker 2: Then I would start to I would look at every single paper you signed. Call us back. I'm gonna mark this pending. You got to call us back. Man, We don't have enough information to go on. Okay three oh three seven one three A two five five. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. It's important that you know that when you are facing this heat, another company we know and trust, we love fix at twenty four to seven free second opinions. If you're told you need anything, especially in this heat, they'll come out with an eye on fixing it. But if you do need a replacement, what the heck. You get something to compare with, so it's never a bad IDEA free second opinions seven zero, five, two, six, thirty nine, thirty nine. Fixmihome dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your trouble shooter three oh three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five. So listen. I don't know if you're looking at these damage pictures, but there, I think it's normal road rash. I think these cars get stuff like this overtime. Now, no, it's not optimal, and my car doesn't have that many things. But I can't you can't necessarily blame someone for renting it one time for these problems. So I want this guy to go back and look at his rental agreement and a bunch of other things. We got to analyze this. It does not look good by the way, three oh three Martino, let me explain that number three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six. That number not only comes to the show when we're on the air, but it comes to our offices twenty four to seven, and we promise you that if you use that number three oh three Martino, three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six, we will get back to you and you won't have to stay on hold. Hey, Regina, you say an attorney is taking advantage of your parents? What is what does that mean?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 12: Yes, he he is avoiding my mother's phone calls. He was, I'm getting a hold of insurance, the insurance companies now had that had paid out for my mother's accident.
Speaker 2: And okay, so that's what it's about. You hired or your mom hired a personal injury attorney.
Speaker 10: Yes, And what happened.
Speaker 12: She had shoulder surgery, you know, a year I think it was a year and a few months after she said, you know, after the accident, she told him to go ahead and close out the case. She already did her surgery, she did her physical therapy. This happened in April twenty twenty one. I'm not sure how long it is before they actually can fully pay you out or whatever, but you.
Speaker 2: Know, it was in April. The accident was in April twenty twenty one. Yes, it was okay, and so the attorney handled it. And what did the attorney do wrong? Is it a man or woman attorney?
Speaker 13: It's a man?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So what did he do wrong?
Speaker 12: In two thousand? In May two than twenty three, he told her, after numerous attempts to contact him without no answers, wanting find my mom, wanting her final payment, you know, to close out the case, find me. He called her in the office in made twenty twenty three and said, okay, I will pay you your payments. I went with them.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute. Way it happened in April twenty twenty one, and then apparently he made a settlement. He said, it's time for your payment. I need to know this. Did she approve a settlement?
Speaker 12: She never there.
Speaker 3: So this is the thing.
Speaker 12: There's no paperwork. She signed over three checks to him like he called her in prior to that and said, please sign over these checks with you know, sign them over to me.
Speaker 2: So she signed him over and hold on, Regina, Regina. It happened in April twenty twenty one. Did she go in three times to sign checks or once to sign three checks?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 12: It's like, yes, you want three times, three times?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay. So each time they sent a check she signed it. And when was that? Was that before May of twenty twenty three?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay.
Speaker 2: So after that she signed three checks over to him. Does she remember how much those checks were?
Speaker 12: Yeah, one was fifty thousand, another one was twenty nine thousand, seventy three and twenty four cents, and then the other one was one thousand, five hundred and seventeen seventy six.
Speaker 2: Okay. Now, so she signed three checks and each time she did that, what did he say he would do with the money? So, but was there more money? So that's like eighty thousand dollars? Was there more than that?
Speaker 12: Well, I'm finding out now there is an extra because I called the insurance company to get more information now that he's avoiding her. They said there's another ten thousand dollars that's not even supposed to be related to like it's supposed to be split or something like a portion to him and my mother was ten thousand dollars. And she never signed that check over to him. They said that was dated December twenty second, twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: Okay, so then they're okay, So she signed over three checks and then she and then there was another check. So what happened? And how do you know there's another check?
Speaker 12: Because I called I called Progressive.
Speaker 2: The one that Okay accident.
Speaker 10: With was they were suing.
Speaker 12: They said that they only sent over fifty thousand, which she already signed that over to him. But then they said, you're going to have to call her insurance with her insurance was Farmers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't I still don't understand. How do you know there was another ten grand through Farmers?
Speaker 12: I called Farmers Insurance.
Speaker 2: That was her insurance that paid that. All right, hold on, we need to get John Fuller on to talk about this. We really really need him. I'm Tom Martino. We have more coming up. Pltus get your calls in three oh three Martino three oh three sixty two seven eight four sixty six. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Yea ripped.
Speaker 1: News you need so you.
Speaker 14: Don't have.
Speaker 1: Runs as we can.
Speaker 2: Shoot 's gonna help.
Speaker 5: Come is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 2: No, Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. By the way, this hour break that brought to you by eight eight eight Heating dot Com for honest assessment of your AC replacements or second opinions. I want you to give these guys a shot. You will like them honesty integrity eight eight eight Heating dot Com three oh three seven seven zero two seven seven six.
Speaker 8: Hey Tom, give out. We just had a caller looking for compasses info.
Speaker 5: We need to give that outroal Yeah.
Speaker 2: Three oh three nine nine six nine thousand. They do the insurance check up three oh three nine nine six nine thousand. Let me tell you how honest they are with a checkup. We've had people been with them for years and then all of a sudden they can't beat the price that they found somewhere else, Brian, Why does that happen? I don't understand that part of it. I mean because now obviously you can't say you're the cheapest. You're not. But because you shop so much, you've always been the most reasonable for me. But there are times even people friends and family that we all know find a better deal and it's not because they're not happy with you. Why is that? Well, and that that's a testament, by the way, to their honesty. That's a testament to their honesty. Go ahead, Yeah, you can't.
Speaker 4: We can't quote every single carrier because there's terriers that we can't represent. You know that, Like we're talking about companies where if you represent, that's the only.
Speaker 5: Company you have.
Speaker 4: So that the idea behind that is if you do go to one of those carriers, you won't never have anybody shop it unless you do it.
Speaker 5: Because true, if they beat.
Speaker 2: You, if they beat you one year, they may not beat you the second year, and you'll never know.
Speaker 4: We won't know, So you know, Yeah, I've had plenty of conversations where someone has sent me quotes and it's lower than anything I can find, and I just tell them listen, I'll tell them the difference in the in the cos and in the policies, and that may or may not be enough to sway to want to stay or just say you know what I right now, I need to have this lower price. And I said sure, and I usually offer higher deductibles if we have the option for that.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I mean, like I.
Speaker 4: Said, especially in this market, insurance companies are not trying to write new customers.
Speaker 5: It just isn't.
Speaker 4: I've never been in the industry at a time like you're not advertising, they don't want new business. I'm telling you, we have companies that are pulling out that they just are saying no new business, or they're saying it has to be that perfect risk. So I'm just thankful we have some companies that are still wanting business.
Speaker 2: Now, I want to get John Fuller on. Is he around? I know he's coming up on a spot. Is he around where he can talk about this problem? Do you know?
Speaker 5: I shall try to track him down?
Speaker 2: Thank you, Mark, Regina. This is for Regina. Now let's talk to my Hey, my you say you were ripped off.
Speaker 11: My fan, not me, sez oh your family, Yeah.
Speaker 2: My child is okay, let's let's take it one step at a time. What happened?
Speaker 11: Uh, my fans, she lived in a Carolado. Yes, he had a firm and ceylon. That's her when he saw what with thirty thousand dollar shoe over the business and.
Speaker 2: Now hold on thirty thirty thousand dollars for what? Dear?
Speaker 11: No, one hundred thirty thousand for what?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 11: No, her busst'tess.
Speaker 2: My friend, hold on, hold on mine. I'm sorry for the I'm sorry for my lack of understanding you because of the accident. She spent one hundred and thirty thousand dollars to open did you say a bank account? Oh?
Speaker 3: But the busseness for But it's.
Speaker 2: A business, got it? So she spent one hundred and thirty for a business? What kind of business?
Speaker 16: Uh?
Speaker 11: Let's see you look like a second okay?
Speaker 2: Mm hm, So she spent one hundred and thirty thousand dollars. Did they call?
Speaker 3: They can to see.
Speaker 11: I want to ask a question, na Vena money Ray got her? His name Rina money Ram.
Speaker 2: Okay, I want to ask a question real quick. Did she pay this money to someone to buy a business?
Speaker 11: No, she she's trying to open her own busn't it?
Speaker 2: Okay? And where and with this money? What did she do with this money when she tried to open her business? Is this what she spent What did she spend the money on?
Speaker 14: I don't know.
Speaker 11: My friends just lift normally and to get my friend ten percent for perfect And now she cut all her off, her cell phone, her office, her emails, and my friend cannot call contact with her anymore.
Speaker 2: Okay, So your friend, what is your friend's name?
Speaker 11: He is u O and she lives in Corolado, got it?
Speaker 7: And she.
Speaker 2: She loaned money to this person. Yes, and she never got it back. Yes, okay, so.
Speaker 11: No, No, The deal is she had to play for film on October thirty this this this year, but now she's film trying to call her to mayl home, she never answer, and she cut all her cell phone, her wasn't her phone, her email, her fist phone and so right.
Speaker 2: Right right, so she can't find this person.
Speaker 6: Yes, exactly, exactly.
Speaker 2: Okay, I want to ask something, my what language do you speak?
Speaker 5: If we get someone to help Vietnamese?
Speaker 2: Vietnamese? Okay, and the friend you have in Colorado, does she speak English? No?
Speaker 11: No, no, no, she man not a lot?
Speaker 1: That's you tell me?
Speaker 11: Yeah, you can't call me, let.
Speaker 1: Me call her.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But when we call her, does she speak English?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 11: No, no, little bit little bit not alloted?
Speaker 2: Is it? Does she speak Vietnamese?
Speaker 14: Yes? Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, So we need to find someone to help us out with Vietnamese and we can call her and I get it and we'll call her directly. My hold on my make sure we get your information. Mark. We need to find someone, possibly someone listening can help who speaks Vietnam.
Speaker 5: I'll see what I can do. Hey, take Fuller real quick. He's in court, but he's.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Okay, John Fuller. Okay, John, I know you're you're going to be doing a spot for us real quick, but I need to ask a question. Okay. I don't understand any of this, but Regina said that her mom was hired a personal injury attorney for an accident that happened in April of twenty twenty one. Bring Regina up while I'm talking. And what happened was her mom signed over three checks to the attorney during shortly after the accident in twenty twenty one, and she signed the checks over in twenty twenty two, and then in May of twenty twenty three. What happened, Regina? What happened?
Speaker 10: He?
Speaker 17: Uh?
Speaker 12: Because we took a long time to be able to get in contact with him, so finally responded. We went into the office. I was asking him, you know, we need a breakdown of everything, and he said, okay, I'll get it to you, but unfortunately, I'm only going to be able to give you a portion of the settlement amount.
Speaker 2: But hold on, so far, But so far, your mom at that point had signed over about eighty two thousand, about eighty two thousand dollars, right, yeah?
Speaker 14: Correct?
Speaker 2: How much did she get from him?
Speaker 5: Thirty?
Speaker 2: And what did he say the other money went to?
Speaker 12: He said it is part of medicare. He has to do some negotiation still, and we said, okay, I'm not sure how that really works.
Speaker 2: She only got thirty thousand dollars out of eighty.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 12: And come to find out, I just found this out this week calling her insurance that they sent another additional ten thousand that her name was on that she never signed over to him.
Speaker 2: Did he cash it?
Speaker 11: He must just chat?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So wait a minute, when does he say she has more money coming?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 15: He In May.
Speaker 12: Twenty twenty three, he said he had one phone call to do with Medicare. So from May twenty twenty three up until uh you, we went to his office, we kept trying to get a hold of him, and he just never where is he now?
Speaker 2: Where is he now?
Speaker 12: He's not responsive, but he's been supposedly in core every time his decoration.
Speaker 2: Right, here's what I need to ask, though, this is very important. Did she ever get any more money or an accounting after that thirty thousand dollars? No? Okay, John, what is going on? What does he mean? Do you think when he says he has to do something with Medicare?
Speaker 6: Well, so far, I.
Speaker 18: Mean, outside of the non communicative aspect of this attorney, it doesn't strike me as anything you know, to be crazy worried about. Medicare has an apol care house, has a right to be to be considered in terms of any future medical care that the planet might have, and so we have to go through steps to get that future care quantified and figure out what to do with it. And unfortunately it takes time. Medicare is not the most responsive in the world, and so there could be a legitimate reason why some money is left in the trust account to just sit there protected not being touched by anybody while those issues are getting worked out.
Speaker 3: The eighty two.
Speaker 18: Thousand nothing out of the ordinary for that. That may be a good outcome, that may not be. The ten thousand was probably a met paycheck that went into the pile with everything else. But with every case, we have a number of things that come out of the gross amount that goes in there, and principally among them are going to be medical bills, any outstanding leans, any subrogation, interest fees, costs, anything along those lines. And so all of those have to be quantified. Some happen more quickly than others, and so I can't say that there's anything necessarily wrong. However, I can promise you that this plaintiff, and you know, they're entitled to an absolute accounting of everything, and they're entitled to be kept informed about what's going on with the case, and so okay, gets to a point that they're not hearing anything and stuff, you know, I'd be communicating and writing for sure, and then absolutely a phone call to the bar would get somebody's attention very very quickly. They won't, they won't, you know, they won't put up with that at all.
Speaker 2: Not when it comes to a trust account. Thank you, John. I know that you're pretty busy, but I guess in a in a minute here we're going to do a spot on something very important and it's apropos because we have Compass Insurance in the house as well. So thank you. See that's John Fuller. Just stay tuned for his message right after this. I'm Tom Martine go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 17: Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talk three O three seven one three A two five five All right, man, So we are waiting to help someone who speaks Vietnamese and if anyone can help us, give us a call please, and then we also have any problems questions and complaints you have, Regina, Uh, this attorney, I want to ask you something real quick. Here Again, John wasn't saying it's honky dory and wonderful. He's saying, you know, they should communicate with you.
Speaker 2: But it's not unusual to withhold money, especially when you're dealing with Medicare. Okay, So at least that sounds true. So for example, they withheld you know, obviously, under normal circumstances, the eighty would be probably, well not probably, it would be like a little more than twenty five thousand to the attorney, and then the rest to your mom, right right, So your mom got approximately twenty grand less than her share, let's say approximately, But that's what they're holding for their negotiations with Medicare. So on the surface, as he says, it doesn't sound like you should be shocked, and it could take a while.
Speaker 12: The only problem not including in the ten thousand.
Speaker 2: That was not that's a totally separate issue. That's called medpay, and that should go to her.
Speaker 12: That should be she also did have medpay, a separate that's something different. They told us that the ten thousand had nothing to do with what.
Speaker 2: Was the ten thousand. Then what was that text? Well, well, hold on, don't say yes, I'm asking what was it? It was not the other party paying, It was her own insurance. What was that payment?
Speaker 3: What was it?
Speaker 2: Your insurance should tell you we paid ten grand for.
Speaker 19: What they said.
Speaker 12: It was not to do with anything with medical or it was a portion separate away from everything else. Well, what was it for this pain and suffering?
Speaker 2: Okay? Now, Brian, if she got eighty grand from that other party, why would her own insurance kick in ten grand? Brian burns compass insurance? Brian, why listen, I'm asking, Brian, Now hold on, Regina.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, her own insurance was explain Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 12: It's fifty thousand from Progressive and a total of forty five and ninety one from her insurance altogether.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, So the other party is Progressive? Is that right?
Speaker 18: Right?
Speaker 2: Okay? So when you told me she signed three checks, one for fifty, one for twenty nine, and one for more than a thousand, those were not all from Progressive.
Speaker 12: No, No, The only one that we know is fifty from Progressive, and that was it from Progressive.
Speaker 2: I get it. Okay, So why is she getting blended payments. Brian, I've never heard of such a thing.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, that's confusing to me too, because your own insurance is going to be paying for you know, paint it's offering and those kind of things.
Speaker 2: That is, well, it would be under uninsured motorists.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but not paint its.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well you're right, Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: I normally, normally the way it works is you exhausted.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what I was gonna say. Yeah, you usually have to or show that they don't have enough or or have any So was.
Speaker 2: The other see your attorney should be answering all this. Did the other party in the fifty thousand dollars in that fifty thousand dollars check? Was that their limit?
Speaker 12: That was from what I hear, Yeah, that's I mean he was the one communicating with Progressive, So that was just that. That's they said, that's all they paid out.
Speaker 1: Okay, it must have been.
Speaker 2: Then here's what probably happened. What probably happened is the fifty grand was their policy limit, and they just settled for it. And then your attorney went to the other to your insurance for under insured motors coverage and proved another thirty some odd or forty thousand dollars in damages. And that's what the twenty nine and the ten is. So basically I think it's it is making sense, and I think it's all from I think it's all from your if your mom's injuries. Now, the question is when do you get it? What does medicare want? And as I said, this guy should be communicating. What is this attorney?
Speaker 12: What is this attorney's name, pent Bredenburg in Colorado.
Speaker 2: Springs, Brentce what's his first name, Brent, Brent.
Speaker 12: Kent k Kent like in Kite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and how's what's his last name?
Speaker 12: Fredenburg?
Speaker 2: Fredenburgh? Okay? And when you call, he doesn't answer, right, he doesn't, And.
Speaker 12: We call the secretary. She says, he's in course call you back.
Speaker 2: We're going to have somebody call him chopper.
Speaker 1: Okay, why don't we call him?
Speaker 2: And I know he's going to say this just confidential, blah blah blah. So do a three way call? Is your mom around?
Speaker 19: She is?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 12: And then there was another MEDKAP payment of five thousand on top of all this that Farmers.
Speaker 5: Told us about too, so.
Speaker 2: Another one. So in addition to the ten, there was another five.
Speaker 12: Yeah from me.
Speaker 2: Where did that go?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Exactly, Well I'm asking where did it go? Did they say they sent it to him?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Everything was sent to him.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, this is wrong. And Chopper, you can tell them that if they don't talk to you and her that that you're going to have her file a complaint with the Attorney Oversight Committee. Okay, and end the Bar Association both because attorney oversights with the Supreme Court and then the Bar Association is separate. So hold on, Regina and we'll have Deputy Chopper talk to him. This is wrong, and I agree with you. You should be upset. Three zero three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five, So compass when we come back. I want to talk about exactly when uninsured motorist coverage kicks in or under insured as in this case. So that's what we're going to talk about. I also want to talk about Genesis Total Exteriors because they do it all, including this new fabulous siding called a Line, which is a composite based siding that will last forever. You'll love it. Genesis Tootalexteriors dot Com go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five to five. Okay, So Reginia is being taken care of? How you sign that to Deputy Chapra. I want to see what's going on with that. It just doesn't seem right to me. And I want to talk to Brian about uninsured motors coverage. So Brian, when does a kick in?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So you would under insured or uninsured? Yeah, and it's for pain and suffering, it's not for property damage. Right.
Speaker 4: And in Colorado, uninsured and under insured or are lumpy together, whereas other states you do have to pay attention. Because you have two different premiums, you can you can choose uninsured motors and not get under insured. So but in Colorado that's not the case. But yeah, it kicks in, like based off our last conversation, when the at fault insurance company is exhausted or just not even there. In other words, someone hits and runs you and you're gone, and they're gone, you can't find them, and you have injuries. Your uninsured motors can step in those kind of cases as well. But like you said, not for property damage that's collision coverage, but for your injuries.
Speaker 2: Now, they do have something for uninsured property damage only.
Speaker 4: If you don't have collision coverage. Yeah, and you can buy a separate endorsement called Uninsured Motorists Property Damage. So and in those cases then the same kind of thing. If the person doesn't have insurance, it doesn't it's not under insured property damage though, it's just uninsured property damage.
Speaker 2: All right, So tell me about when it kicks in. So if I can prove I have certain injuries, I treat them like the other party. So in this case, the woman collected fifty grand and if her attorney could go and show more damages. Then it goes from that party over to your insurance. Can your insurance try to subrogate against that party?
Speaker 5: Well, if it's already exhausted, they well, their.
Speaker 2: Insurance is exhausted. But can they go after India?
Speaker 4: They could if they if they think they can get money, could they will? But if they don't think they're gonna get money, if it's been exhausted, there's nothing else to go after, then then you're not going to see them do that.
Speaker 5: But you lose control in that sense. Same thing with any claim. A lot of people are like, Okay, I'm gonna make the claim.
Speaker 4: But you better go after the other carrier. That's not your choice anymore. The insurance company can decide whether they feel like they're going to recover that money. They can choose to go after the other person, or they can choose not to. They can think, oh, this is we're going to cut our losses here and just pay it all right?
Speaker 2: Three oh three seven one three eight two five five? Am I wrong? Or people are telling me we still have pictures of a car up there on our YouTube, just sitting there with a spot on it. I mean, I think we've seen enough of that car but all right, we have the guy that had his civil rights violated. He hung up. I wanted to talk to him, but that's okay. If he's gone, we can't talk about it. So in any case, what I want to know with insurance is are their condo developments right now? I've said this is a very dangerous time to own a condo or a town home because many of these projects, because the losses are so enormous, many insurance companies I heard are either refusing to cover them or are saying we'll cover everything, but the roof. Is that the case?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, condos, we're getting calls from hoa's frequently because their insurance either is non renewing them or they simply can't find coverage, or the covers they can find, the deductible is so high that they're basically self insuring the roof. So we're seeing this all the time.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: What is happening is that they are passing it specifically on condos. They're passing that risk onto the each unit holder and telling them to get what's called loss assessment coverage on their condo policy. So that would mean that if if you have a big loss and the roof is needing to be replaced, and the HOA has a deductible of five hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: They're going to pass that on to the unit owners.
Speaker 2: But technically, here's what I want to know. If they have no roof coverage, loss assessment won't cover it.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, they would still because they would assess the unit owners to pay for this roof, okay, and then you would have loss assessment. But what I'm I guess I'm I'm predicting is that will go away because the cost worth the loss assessment coverage on the condos. They basically have shifted the responsibility over to the personal line side, where each individual for condo insurance is having to cover it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're not getting the premium for that. I mean, loss assessment coverage for fifty thousand dollars is probably thirty dollars a year. That's not sustainable because you're seeing so many claims come now that I foresee the the personal line side is either going to start charging a premium for that. There the cost is going to go way up, or they're gonna say we're gonna cap this, like a lot of them do, We're gonna cap it if it's as the result of an HOA deductible, we're going to cap it at ten thousand or five thousand, no matter what your limit is.
Speaker 2: All right, Eric has says his rights are violated. Let's talk to Eric. Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Eric, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, I was on hold and I said, Tom, I'm here, I'm here.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, man, tell me what's going on?
Speaker 14: Okay, Tom Martina. I went into King Supers and UH have to get a couple of pats of Marlboroughs. Yeah, Leslie, I'm a black man. Okay, I'm gonna believe this one. And she was behind the counter, but she's a self checkout.
Speaker 1: Lady, Leslie.
Speaker 14: Yeah, And I was wondering so that she didn't have to wait on me on.
Speaker 1: The self checkout.
Speaker 14: Why she was behind the cigarette counter? Yeah, for another customer. I says, can you grab me a couple please, so.
Speaker 1: You don't have to make a couple of trips?
Speaker 16: Right?
Speaker 14: She says, no, you get Leonard to wait on you, which is a black man. He's about seven yards in his own checks.
Speaker 1: Then Tom, and wait a minute.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, did she say though, anything about the other guy, Leonard, being black.
Speaker 1: She said that she's racist.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, well, no, no, no, no, no, come on, wait a minute, Wait a minute.
Speaker 1: That's why I say, hold.
Speaker 2: On, can you hold I want to take a break and give you more time. This woman actually said get someone else to wait on you or Leonard the black man, because I'm racist. Yep, all right, hold on, hold on, hold on, We'll be right back with you. This is a little hard to believe, but I'm going to listen to you. Three h three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five Denverregen dot com stem cell therapy and it works. I had it done. It's wonderful and they do a great job at a great cost. They also do hair replacement therapy with stem cells. Denverregen dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Eric is a black man. He claims he went to King Supers and he wanted to buy a pack of cigarettes. He asked the woman could she get him a pack of cigarettes because they're locked up and she was getting in there anyway, and she said, no, talk to Leonard. I'm racist. And Leonard was a black man. Now, Eric, even if someone is racist, I've actually never heard anyone say that because they don't want to be perceived as racist. Go ahead.
Speaker 14: She's been harassing me for years at the Central Park King super Son, Quebec and twenty nine.
Speaker 2: Is that where she is right now?
Speaker 14: Yes, sir.
Speaker 2: And she said to you in those words, I'm racist, I said.
Speaker 14: Tom, I kid you not. She said about three or four times throughout the course that I was there.
Speaker 2: That day getting cigarettes that day. Did you talk to anybody about it?
Speaker 14: Yeah? Well, Shelley had heard it, and she says that's not right, Leslie and who is she and who who is Shelley? Shelley is an employee there. She is the manager at the self checkout at the gas station. She was in there getting supplies.
Speaker 2: And will she will she will? She back up your story?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 14: And I have a Denver police officer, Steven Hammock, Corporal district too.
Speaker 2: Why did you call the police? I called my nephews because it's not it's not against the law to be racist. It's just against the law if you use if you're racist in certain areas of.
Speaker 1: And get point for me.
Speaker 2: No, no, I get oh yeah, yeah, yeah, you're right, you're right, you're right, you're right. I don't know. Actually I don't know what the law. I don't think like you can arrest someone for that. But she should be fired. She should be fired.
Speaker 14: Tom. It was me, Amelia. I can't even talk. I'm so nervous talking to you, humiliating the corporal Steven Hammock. I have his phone number. So and wait, Madge number everything one three, one zero three.
Speaker 2: Steven, Wait a minute, So did you did you wait?
Speaker 7: Wait?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 2: Wait? Did you fill out a police report? No?
Speaker 1: Not yet. I've been waiting.
Speaker 14: I've been getting the run arounds. I even called Jay and Jordan's secular.
Speaker 1: The secular brothers. Who who Jay? J Secuo?
Speaker 14: You never heard of j Seculo?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 5: Who's that?
Speaker 1: They're the guys that come on five sixty?
Speaker 2: And what are they? Attorneys?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 14: They were the attorney for President Trump and the Supreme Court hearing.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I don't know.
Speaker 14: I give money to them. You know they do twenty five dollars.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, are you a supporter of Trump?
Speaker 14: See?
Speaker 1: I think that's what it was.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, you're no black man. I got all his to match my Wait a minute, you're not a maga black man.
Speaker 14: I sure, I am.
Speaker 2: I'm totally well. Listen, man, listen. You didn't hear what Biden said that if you don't vote for me, you're not black.
Speaker 14: Yeah, but Biden don't know this.
Speaker 1: I'm white in the inside.
Speaker 2: Well no you hey, listen man, Well hold on, no, I know you are. Let's get serious. No, no, let's get serious. Okay. If this happened, I.
Speaker 5: Forget everything else.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 16: Hey?
Speaker 6: Eric?
Speaker 2: Hang on, Eric, he was just fooling around. Eric, hang on, I'm going to come back you. I'm serious. I don't want to. I don't want to make light of this thing. Okay, if this really happened, we gotta do something. I'm serious now, we got to do something about it. If this really happened, and you sound like an honest man, so hang on. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: News.
Speaker 2: Need advice so you don't have an anxiousness, Shoot's gonna help.
Speaker 1: Come.
Speaker 5: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 2: No Tom Martinez, Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five. We're here to help you solve problems, answer questions, and take complaints. This are brought to you by pro bid energy dot com. The reliable people in solar. We have two contractors who recommend probid energy dot Com is one of them. They know all about the grants to help with commercial systems or residential. They even service systems. They did not install probid energy dot com all right, So I don't know. This is weird. We get a call from Eric and Eric says he went to King Soupers. Which King Soupers was that? Eric?
Speaker 14: The King Supers was? Then Stapleton? Well, I call it Stapleton?
Speaker 2: Got it? Okay, Park, Yes, Stapleton And to buy cigarettes. He's a black man, and he asked the cashier to get him a pack of Marlborough's, And supposedly she said, get Leonard to help. I'm racist. Now I'm paraphrasing. What exactly did you say? And what exactly did she say?
Speaker 14: Just to be nice, I asked her, Leslie, why you're behind the counter.
Speaker 1: Can you grab me a couple of packs of marlborough so you don't have to go back? And she was still behind the counter. Tom and she says, no, I'm not going to wait on you. Get Leonard to do it, because I'm racist. She said it in front of assistant manager Tracy forgot about her being there.
Speaker 2: Was she kidding around even though it wouldn't be good? Kiddy?
Speaker 1: Is it like it sounds?
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on, it sounds like you know her pretty well?
Speaker 1: Yes, real, well?
Speaker 2: Okay? And have you dealt with her before at King Supers all the time? Is she ever mean to you or snub you?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait, Lea, I hesitated.
Speaker 14: I don't mean to I just wanted to put it out.
Speaker 2: So wait, wait, wait, So in the past, when you say you know her very well, you're not chummy or friendly with her at all. I okay, So you're saying every time, you're saying every time you go in there, she's kind of nasty to you, Yes, but this is the first time. But this is the first time she actually vocalized it or said hey, I'm racist, and yes, and she.
Speaker 14: Said Leonard was in his own checkstand and it would just didn't make no sense. She could have bit her tongue Tom and just did it because I'm.
Speaker 5: Right, or she could have ignored calling you racist.
Speaker 1: She says, I'm racist.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's a lot different.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll get you.
Speaker 2: I won't get Martin Mark.
Speaker 5: Now Marc see what I'm saying. She's calling him racist.
Speaker 2: No, she's not. Oh she didn't. She did not say.
Speaker 5: Go ahead and say it again. Call her please.
Speaker 1: She says, I'm racist.
Speaker 14: I'm not going to wait on you get Leonard to do it. Another black man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mark, she didn't say you're racist. She said I'm racist.
Speaker 5: I guess what I'm saying is.
Speaker 8: I don't know how he took the translation of what she was spitting out, but anyhow, I left a message.
Speaker 2: If there's only one way to take it. If I said to if I said to Leonard, Hey, Leonard, I'm not going to talk to you on the phone on my show because I'm racist, There's only one way to take it. I'm racist, and I'm not going to talk to you. I'm not calling him anything.
Speaker 1: She's a white lady.
Speaker 14: I'm a black man. If she wanted a black man to wait on.
Speaker 1: Me, and she says, I won't wait on you, bless.
Speaker 14: Me, you're right there.
Speaker 1: I won't get Leonard to do it because I'm racist. Wait, did you you're righteous against me?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 3: Eric?
Speaker 2: I mean did you Eric? Did you ask? Did you report it to management?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 1: And they took her side.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, wait, wait, who did you talk to?
Speaker 14: Witnesses?
Speaker 2: Who did you talk to their.
Speaker 1: Oh it's all on my phone, everything that I jotted down that I wrote and I text to lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, no, Eric, I'm asking I need.
Speaker 1: To text it to you. Tom, I get text it to you and everything is. Eric is on record.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm going to give you a number to text it. Okay, okay, ready, real simple, ready.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir?
Speaker 2: Seven four seven seven four seven nine nine nine.
Speaker 8: Fifty two eighty. There has to be so much more to this man. Well, of course, I mean he can't be the only black guy that goes to that king soupers.
Speaker 5: Of course, this would be on the news everywhere. It would have happened so many times.
Speaker 1: Right, you're absolutely right, because she got Lennard fired. She is this.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, but here's what I want to know. Okay, Eric, Why would management go along with her?
Speaker 14: I guess because she's been there so long?
Speaker 2: Well, hold on, how exactly you didn't give me specifics?
Speaker 14: Who?
Speaker 2: I don't want to know about all of your I don't want to know about all of your texting. I want to know this. Who did you literally report it to? Did you go to the manager and say I wanted to tell you what this woman said to me.
Speaker 14: Yes, she was standing in front of me when I explained it to her.
Speaker 1: Her name, Tom.
Speaker 5: Let me just interject something here. I called up.
Speaker 8: I spoke with who I believe was a manager just for a second. It was evident in the conversation he was aware of Eric. I don't know what he knew. He would not talk, but he gave me another number, which is their main headquarters. I left the message there. If I had to guess what's going on is Eric has been an issue, and I'm not sure what was said or not said, but I think management probably did side with their employee at this point.
Speaker 5: But we've got a message in.
Speaker 2: Now, after you tell, after you told the manager what she said, what did the manager say to you?
Speaker 1: And you're going to have to leave?
Speaker 2: Huh? Really? Eric, Eric? Did you were you belligerent or nasty or yelling or anything?
Speaker 1: Not until she said that, Tom.
Speaker 14: Then I got defensive no, no, when she said that, what did you What did you do?
Speaker 2: When she said that, I had said, you're you're a racist?
Speaker 14: Yeah, And I said to the officer did you hear her? And he was standing right next to her. After she came from around the corner because I was transactioning my my payment to Leonard. Yeah, seven seven yards down the way going.
Speaker 2: Did Leonard hear it? Did Leonard hear it?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: And lack guy right?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes?
Speaker 2: So did he stick up for you? Did he stick up?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 14: Well, they were, they were intimidated. They're scared of her and management. They don't say nothing. Shelley is the one that Shelley is the only one that spoke up. She's black, she's the attendant and the gas station.
Speaker 2: So the entire she's still there. Is Shelley still there? Yes, yes, but Leonard was fired.
Speaker 14: He would testify, and I got Leonard's number, he'll testify.
Speaker 5: I want to call him right now.
Speaker 2: I want to call Leonard hold On Jr. What's your comment, Jr? Go ahead.
Speaker 3: He brought up one thing.
Speaker 15: He brought up a one thing that said that he's she has been harassing him for a couple of years. My question is how many times has he called her racist to where she got to the point where she's donet want to deal with him and use that as the excuse.
Speaker 2: Okay, So in other words, she's okay, hold On Jr. I hear what you're saying Jr. Is saying, maybe Eric harasses her like hey, you're you're racist, or you're not treating me well, or why are you bothering me, or why are you treating me this way? You're racist? And then when he asked her for a favor, she was mimicking his words, maybe saying no, I'm not going to help you. I'm racist. That you know what, Jar that could be. That could be. Uh, that's a good observation. Mike, what is your comment, Mike, what is your.
Speaker 9: I'm wondering why you don't recognize the voice similarity between this caller Eric and the caller Aaron who always comes on and says you're a great American.
Speaker 2: No, No, because Mark called over there and they recognize this this guy Eric. You think this is a prank call?
Speaker 3: I'd like the same guy, I wonder.
Speaker 8: I look, he's getting me that dude's number, but he couldn't get it without hanging up, so he hung up. He's going to write the number down from his flip phone. Call me back, give me the number. I'll call over to the fired employee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he Mark, You remember that guy that Now that's not the same guy.
Speaker 5: Guy that the same guy.
Speaker 8: But I'll tell you something, man, I don't think King, Soupers or Kroger is in the business of hiring racists at let everybody know they're racist.
Speaker 5: The whole story stinks.
Speaker 2: Oh you know JR? Did you hear JR? His explanation or possible explanation.
Speaker 8: Mark kind of what I was trying to say is I don't know how he interpreted what was going on.
Speaker 2: In other words, Let's say in the past he has called her racist over and over because he's upset with her, and then when he finally asked her for a favor, she's like, screw you, I'm not helping you. I'm racist. In other words, you know what I'm saying, like she was maybe mimicking what he had told her. I don't know, but that could be at least logical, you know, or it could be she is racist. Again. I have never encountered anyone that would admit it. I mean, do people admit when they're racist? Do they actually say it? I'm Tom Martino. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a Sure Thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Time I'm Martino here three O three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five. So people have all kinds of theories on what's going on here according to my texting.
Speaker 8: Well, he hasn't called back, so I've got a theory he's full of crap.
Speaker 5: Do you think this was all made up? I don't know if it was made up, but I think the.
Speaker 2: Guy I wait, I wonder, I wonder if we got scammed because it is.
Speaker 8: Though the only reason I'm not sure about that is because when I talked to the store manager.
Speaker 2: They didn't know about an incident.
Speaker 5: Well he didn't say that, but he sure alluded to it.
Speaker 8: He alluded to he knew who Eric was, and I pointed out Eric made it clear that he was a black guy that wears all the Trump garb.
Speaker 2: That and alone made it a little unbelievable right there. You know, really, I mean, think about it. I don't know many black people that support Trump, so that that in itself anyway. By the way, talk to this guy on one.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, put them up, please.
Speaker 2: Go ahead? All right, So what's going on with you? Who happened Bob?
Speaker 20: It stocked?
Speaker 1: Han, it's stocked.
Speaker 2: Oh Doc, it's doc man, Go ahead docs.
Speaker 20: Anyway, Tom, Yeah, what I was suggesting is perhaps when it comes to give me a cigarettes, she's only allowed to deal with one customer at a time in order to keep track of something that's they're on the locked doors. And maybe she just said, you know, go see Leonard and I'm racist as they talk cast to comment because they know each other. But find out if the policy is only to work with one customer at a time when it comes to.
Speaker 1: Locked up goods.
Speaker 2: Well, even if that's the case, the comment I'm racist, I don't know that the comment I'm racist, unless unless she was mimicking him because he always calls her racist. But when they know each other, Jock, he said, it's not like a good friendship that they know each other. She has taunted him, he said, every time he goes in there. But I'm wondering again that one comment.
Speaker 1: That Jay.
Speaker 2: I think it was Jr. That said maybe she was mimicking his own words because he always calls her racist in the past. Maybe, I mean, I don't know. I wish you would call back because I'm hoping that you just did it. Hold on, all right, Ellen, what is your comment? Go ahead? Ellen?
Speaker 6: Jeric?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 9: Eric?
Speaker 2: Okay? Is there is there an Ellen or not?
Speaker 14: I am Ellen? Hello?
Speaker 2: Ellen? What did you have to say?
Speaker 12: I wanted to make a.
Speaker 19: Comment about Eric and his phone call. I happen to enjoy a local restaurant show here in Denver and listen to it on a regular basis, and Eric also calls in on a regular basis, and he is the American guy, and I do believe him. I think he's a very sincere man. I think I just wanted to add to that. And I will also like to add that the King Soupers, where I have in this shop, has terrible customer service, so I can understand where Eric's coming from. It's very It's really inconvenient to ask them for anything.
Speaker 2: So are you by the way, Ellen, are you black? No? Okay, I was just curious.
Speaker 19: Am irish, Okay, so listen, I'm irish. But I happened to listen to Eric when he calls him, and I believe he's a very sincere man, and I think he's making the circumstances might be a little painted, but I'm not sure, but I do think he's sincere to take a minute.
Speaker 3: And call in.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Ellen, I appreciate that. Okay, Now here's the deal. Mike's got a comment on Eric. Go ahead, Mike, you two go ahead.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 9: This is the second time that Eric Aaron called in, and he has called in on the other Hush radio shows.
Speaker 2: But Mike, it's not the same guy that you were talking that called in the other day. That was that was really pissed off at me and then called back and pretended to be someone else. That's Eric is not the same guy.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think it is.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Aaron's the one who always says, uh, you're a great American.
Speaker 2: Tom, But that's not Eric's, right. Yeah, I think they're two separate people, Mike, and I think.
Speaker 9: It's the same guy. Ask them to just say that I think that, like.
Speaker 1: Said, he called in on.
Speaker 2: Hey, Eric, let me ask you, thank you, Thank you, Mike. Eric. Do you also call in under the name Aaron.
Speaker 1: Never.
Speaker 14: I don't't even like that.
Speaker 1: He don't even go to none of the rallies. Oh, guy, Chuck and Julie Well. I was with Chuck and Julie. Peter Boyles, I was with Stephen Tubbs.
Speaker 14: I was attacked by Antifa because I had a twenty twenty Trump banner.
Speaker 1: Over my house.
Speaker 14: Tom, for God's sake, I do wear Trump, Garb. I'm going to see you all the stuff that I have when my wife comes home with her smartphone, to show you that I'm legit.
Speaker 1: I love Donald Jason.
Speaker 21: Hey, by the way, you never you never texted me on that number I gave you Well because I was trying to find Leonard and I have Shelley's number as well as King Supers.
Speaker 14: Okay, good, the assistant managers please take their number.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, Eric and Mark will take that number. Okay, hold on three oh three seven one three talks seven to one, three eight two five five. Brian Burns not to get you involved in the controversy, but you've been listening I just want to Brian, who's Compass Insurance Group. By the way, A three h three nine nine six nine thousand, here's my guests say. I know, I'm serious. I mean, what do you think it does? He doesn't sound like he's making up a story to me.
Speaker 5: No, he doesn't. It's just such a shock hard to believe story.
Speaker 4: I think that's why we all are like, oh man, this can't be true, because it just seems it seems very far fetched that someone would say that.
Speaker 2: But it really does seemed far fetched to me that somebody would say that. But I mean, can we say it's impossible?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: And like you said, he seems legit. Oh my god, say that again. Say that, Brian. He sounds legit. I think he does. You are you saying you think he sounds fake. I don't know what you mean by fake.
Speaker 8: He sounds like he's problematic. And by the way, I've been trying to call Leonard, who apparently got fired over all this as well, and Leonard simply not answering his phone.
Speaker 2: Dog go on it.
Speaker 5: The story doesn't sound legit. He doesn't sound like I don't know, he sounds like, well, he sounds like.
Speaker 2: A real character.
Speaker 7: For sure.
Speaker 5: My nut detector has been going on for the last fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Why was Leonard fired? Somebody is asking John has asked, he's on two Eric, why was he fired?
Speaker 1: Do you know they told me that Leslie got Leonard fired? That was the rumor.
Speaker 2: Leslie the so called racist.
Speaker 1: Yes, she hates black people, Come on period.
Speaker 14: I you know what, Tom Martino, I have you know, like I said, I hung out with Stephan Tubbs mag Don, I hung out with Kim Munson or I delivered burritos. I delivered burritos to the station five sixty KOs excuse me, and I will.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty well known over the.
Speaker 14: Airwaves because Stephen Tubbs.
Speaker 1: And I are real good friends and uh wells and I we were, but you know, he's kind of lived out on me, you know, being a Wait, so you.
Speaker 2: Had a falling out with Pete well kind of sort of what I was.
Speaker 1: You know, man, I was at Dave Eilis's anti Trump.
Speaker 8: That's the deal, Huh, I said, Pete's anti Trump. That's probably the issue, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, And I saw Peter over Dave eils his jewelry store, and I had, you know, text Peter some not really nice things, and he was there right there on the counter with Dave oil as jewelry store.
Speaker 8: And I'm sure there's not much sort of that King's Store, that king Super Story, right, But.
Speaker 1: Anyway, you guys are thinking that I'm fake. No, no, I was not my time calling you.
Speaker 5: Bro to the story is all I say, not saying you're fake at all.
Speaker 2: I wasn't saying your fake at all.
Speaker 1: I just don't know why someone brother, I just don't. You guys have much more issues than this. I just didn't. I didn't keep getting the run.
Speaker 14: Around because I have, you know, lung cancer, brain cancer, prostate cancer, and colon cancer.
Speaker 1: All at once, my brothers and I just don't have time to pursue.
Speaker 2: No, wait a minute, now, wait a minute, wait, hold on, hold on, hold on, back up a little here, hold on, you have right now all of those cancers.
Speaker 14: Well the colon cancer doctor, uh my doctor cut that out. I have prostate long and brain cancer now, And I'm like, no, are you he.
Speaker 2: Just threw in a brain he threw in brain cancers? No, No, seriously, you got all those cancers. You got all of them right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sir, you still want to have that off to me? Tom, I got proof for all of that.
Speaker 14: It's just that I go to radiation all the time, you know, to the doctors, and it's just tough to get a lawyer and then pursue this because Leslie needs to.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure there's any damages here, but I don't want to make light of it. I don't want to make light of the racist thing. Actually, I don't want to make light of cancer. If you really have cancer. What's the prognosis on your cancer, Eric, they're all stage fours. Well, you should be dead yesterday. So where are what? Tell me what's going on?
Speaker 19: Bro?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm taking a lot of medication.
Speaker 2: Are you on chemo?
Speaker 1: Not yet?
Speaker 2: I wonder Now you're starting to sound like maybe you're putting you together. No, no, I yeah, revised, because it sounds like hold on, put them on hold. I don't know. Now, maybe this is a prank call and I'm feeling all sorry for this guy.
Speaker 1: Jack.
Speaker 2: What's your comment, Jack?
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Jack, a misunderstate.
Speaker 7: There's a misunderstanding about the racism.
Speaker 1: She's not racist.
Speaker 3: Against his blackness, she's racist against his crumpiness. I guarantee you she's a socialist liberal.
Speaker 8: That could be Jack might have something there, but I still think the guys bonkers.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jake, Now, thank you Jack comment, Thank you seriously. Now we're gowing to Jake, who has a comment. Go ahead, Jake.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I just wanted to say it was just kind of weird how you guys are finding every excuse for this to not hold this lady accountable for clearly stating she's a racist.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh not me, No, no, no, no, I'm not looking for a few names.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying names.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying names.
Speaker 13: I'm just saying some guys in your office are making incredibly hard for this man to hold this lady accountable. And it's kind of it's kind of out there.
Speaker 5: Wait, wait, it's Jake. First of all, he's not a nut.
Speaker 2: He's expressing his opinion and and we are kind of looking for excuses. But you know why, Jake, because we don't want to believe it's true.
Speaker 13: It's been true for the last forty years that there's people out there who are like this and we need to hold them accountable and come together against people like this because it gets overlooked.
Speaker 2: And you're right, it does like this, you know, it does it does get overlooked.
Speaker 13: For a little bit of a character check here in your office, and just to try to hold this lady accountable for what she's saying, because being racist is one thing, and that's being racist.
Speaker 3: You can't just be a.
Speaker 13: Little bit racist or be racist because this guy said you were racist or whatever. No, if you're racist, you're a racist and you hate certain people, and that's not right.
Speaker 3: So I just wanted to make that clear.
Speaker 2: Thank you well, thanks for calling, Jake. I appreciate your perspective. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show right after this. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino, you're travel shooter all right, I got an insurance question comments on mark on Eric I want to take but don you've been waiting. What is your insurance question? We got Brian Burns with us Compass Insurance Group. Go ahead, sir, all.
Speaker 16: Right, thank you, good afternoon. Hey insurance. My insurance question has to do was both solar and house insurance. I am looking at the additional cost of solar on the house and to insure it. And I also was looking at to do solar shingles and safe will not ensure my house with solar shingles. And then the only way I can get a quote for solar panels additional cost is I have to have a new roof put on first, as the insurance claims. So how can a person ever heard of that?
Speaker 6: Where's your roof?
Speaker 14: Old?
Speaker 2: Is that? Yeah? How old is your roof?
Speaker 16: It's about ten years? But it's hell damage, so compasses my insurance company.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, wait is your house hell damaged? Now?
Speaker 6: Correct?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: And and they're telling you you can't get a price to ensure the solar.
Speaker 16: Until I get the roof replaced.
Speaker 2: I don't understand why.
Speaker 1: I don't either. And this is a reason, if well.
Speaker 2: Because you because you've been paid on that claim. Is that right?
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 5: That's why totally you know, that's why you know.
Speaker 2: You have an open claim. Bro, you have an open claim. They're not going to quote you. They're not going to quote you on a new policy.
Speaker 4: Well before you you you could get quote. We could get a quote for you, assuming that the roof is replaced. But yeah, any insurance company is going to require the roof to be replaced before they're going to put insurance on you.
Speaker 16: Right, So then so then the further that question, how can I decide if I want to get a price on solar shingles as opposed to solar panels.
Speaker 2: Okay, you want to know what's going to be cheaper to ensure?
Speaker 4: Yes, well, solar panels the only thing. The only thing you do with solar panels. We just have to add that into the dwelling limit. It's just part of the dwelling coverage. Is there's not a separate coverage. Hardly, it'll hardly, you'll hardly notice it.
Speaker 16: Two thousand dollars a year is a pretty good chunk of change.
Speaker 2: You're not going to pen You're not going to spend an extra two grand for a solar system you're ever ever for the insurance.
Speaker 1: Never never, That's what I was quoted by.
Speaker 16: Who now, okay, Catrina Katrino.
Speaker 2: No wait wait wait did she say that you're going to pay an extra two grand just for the solar?
Speaker 6: Correct?
Speaker 17: Now?
Speaker 5: I think there's a misunderstanding.
Speaker 4: You know what, you can call me and you and I can discuss it, because there is no way that it would All it would be is that we would have to increase your dwelling limit. So if the rate is going up two thousand, that very well might be you're being penalized for the claim or for some other reason, but it's not because of the solar.
Speaker 2: In other words, your rate isn't going to change by two thousand dollars just because of solar. Right.
Speaker 16: Ever, Well, that's what I I was understanding. We're talking with the agents. So I'm at quagmire U before the end of the show.
Speaker 2: I don't want to leave that hanging out there. I really don't.
Speaker 10: You.
Speaker 5: Could you sell to her?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean talk to her. Yeah, hold on, we need to get your information, all right, Mark, if you could get his cell DOWNE just.
Speaker 5: Check down and give it to Brian, just text it over to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay, good put them on hold in and well that's what we'll do. Okay, I got to take this break. We're gonna come back for comments on Eric and the rest of his story, which is really crazy. Coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank to and the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. All right, I want to take these comments real quick. Marcus, what is your comment on Eric, the guy who said he was called a racist or excuse me, not called the racist. A woman said I'm racist, won't wait on you at King Soupers. What do you think of him?
Speaker 22: I'm linking to the point, Like most of us, I think there was some previous interaction with these two and shit added up and made a dumb comment, there's Shitbate, But my comment is more about people like change. In my opinion, there is these fifty percent of the problem right now because like you and Mark, you ask questions and try to sit through the bs and get to the meat of the matter. You don't just take everything at based out. Strikes me as the kind of person who takes me every everybody at their word with no research. Every rapist is a rapist, every petibu pedophile, every racist is a racist, and then they virtue signal shame and condescend people into cow towing. So wow, I think the Eric thing is going to end up being a nuphing burger. Kate just hit a nerve with me because people like him, I think they are most of the problem.
Speaker 5: They are most of the problems.
Speaker 2: Well, what he said was it sounded like we were trying to discount it and look for excuses as opposed to confronting it. There's a little bit of truth in it, but it wasn't because we didn't believe it. It's because we didn't want to believe it. I mean, in a way, I think sometimes was a nut.
Speaker 22: Just to state my opinion, No, kay, Well absolutely, But if you guys if you guys didn't treat him like you do every other call. Everybody calls me, says this card dealer written me off, and you guys said, oh, well.
Speaker 8: Here we go.
Speaker 22: And you didn't do any sort of due diligence to try, whether you call it confer or you know, or you know, trying to gate the claim or whatever, would like you disproving if you guys didn't put that kind of effort in, No, we.
Speaker 2: Do, thank you. I called on, hold on, I want to take store. I want to take Mike before the end of the hour, Mike, can we just take Mike's comment come back for more? Go ahead, Mike, what's your comment?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm just wearing a bible that.
Speaker 2: Oh god, Mike, you keep calling back with the same crap. He says, it's a it's the guy that's called in before, who we don't think, so all right, I mean, we're gonna come back to Eric again. And also we're checking on that insurance for solar panels because we're sure he got that wrong. And more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're ten. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, rip.
Speaker 2: News need advice?
Speaker 1: Who you don't have?
Speaker 8: Come runingxious sustass can Shooter's gonna help?
Speaker 1: Come man, This is.
Speaker 5: The Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 2: No Tom Martine, Okay, I'm Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Three oh three seven one three A two five five. This hour brought to you by Frank Duran, the real Estateman dot com for honesty, integrity, uh and for skill selling houses for more money, faster than the market, and he has stats to prove it. And he'll do a free evaluation of your home free to tell you what it will sell for, what you'll net, what you can buy all of that, He'll he'll do a complete analysis free of charge, no obligation. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two franked around the Real Estate man dot com. All right, so this kind of took over and I didn't mean it too, but it did. We did have some insurance questions. We still have another one we're going to address with Don about the solar and additional costs. But what because I have Brian Burns with me from Compass Insurance Group. But here's the deal. Eric called and said, Tom, I went to King Supers to buy cigarettes. There was a woman up there behind the counter getting cigarettes for someone else, and I said, while you're while you're up there, can you get me a pack of Marlboroughs or two packs of Marlboroughs? And she said, have Leonard help you. I'm racist. So Leonard is a black man. Eric, who called in about this is a black man. So he claims a white clerk at King Souper's would not get him cigarettes and told him why, and she supposedly said, get Leonard to help you. I'm a racist.
Speaker 5: I wonder if he called that person a racist at some point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that was a good observation that both Mark and Jr. Made afterwards that maybe she was just feeding back Eric's own line that Eric maybe accuses her all the time of being racist, and she got tired of it, and when Eric asked her for a favor, she said, no, have Leonard help you. I'm racist. Maybe that was sarcasm, I don't know.
Speaker 8: And I wanted to get Leonard. I have called his phone ten times now we can't get Leonard on. And he also gave me the assistant manager's name. I believe it was Sherry, and he assured me that Cherry would talk to me. Erry doesn't pick up either all.
Speaker 2: Now, Mark did call over to the store and talk to someone else who said we had to call corporate. So during this discussion, Jake called in with a comment, and I don't think there was anything wrong with a comment. What he said was instead of you guys making up excuses as to why did this happen or if it really happened, or looking for reasons why it didn't happen, maybe it really did and you should address the racism part. And then I think there was nothing wrong with that comment. What he was saying is why not investigate both sides? I think he was saying, But Jake, go ahead, and you called back, go ahead, because Marcus called in later and criticized you, saying that you're the type that takes everything at face value and you never vet it out, and basically, every rapist is a rapist, every racist is a racist, every you know, every bad person is a bad person, and you don't ferret it out or or vet it.
Speaker 13: Go ahead, Jake, Yeah, yeah, Well I just I took my lunch break to call back, so I was just gonna try to make this quick. But I also got called a nut on public radio, so that's another reason I called back. But yeah, in regards to my comment, you know this, there there's been people who died, you know, fighting for what we're talking about right now, and that's that's the fact that this lady admitted that she's a racist, and there's people out there who are trying to look for excuses as to why she can be racist.
Speaker 2: It's not it's not it's I don't think no, no, I don't think anyone's trying to justify racism.
Speaker 13: Well, the fact that you say you're racist and then you know, you brush it off like it's nothing, that's.
Speaker 5: That's the This is ridiculous. We don't know the context of it.
Speaker 10: Either.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't know the cost.
Speaker 2: We're not sure she really we're saying is we're not sure if she said it or if.
Speaker 8: For example, Jake, how about if Eric called her racist numerous times because possibly she doesn't like Trump.
Speaker 3: Let's just say that happened, she's racist?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 5: Okay, well there you go. Hey, See that's why I call you a nut.
Speaker 8: If it looks like a nut, tastes like a nut, and it's liberal, it's a nut.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Well, if someone says they're racist and amidst the racist and they're probably racist, and then anyone who supports that.
Speaker 2: But what what Mark was saying is she could have been saying it out of sarcasm because he called her.
Speaker 3: Doesn't matter.
Speaker 13: You don't say that nowadays.
Speaker 6: This is twenty twenty four, This isn't.
Speaker 2: So you're saying that we shouldn't even say it.
Speaker 5: It's cancel culture.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: You're talking to mister vanton sarcastic, right, shake, Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 3: What do you mean, Tom?
Speaker 13: No, I'm being serious, Like, you can't you can't say you're racist and then not serve somebody when you're a service.
Speaker 2: No, No, you can't. You're right, You're right. You can't do that. I agree with that.
Speaker 13: That's what I'm talking about. That's what I agree about here. I don't care about anything else that what you guys think happened.
Speaker 2: Or what, whether she's real or not. She shouldn't have said that and refused service.
Speaker 8: We once again, that's an assumption she actually said it. If we recall here, Jake, this guy's had five kinds of cancers.
Speaker 13: Now we're not sure of IC's credibility talking about I didn't call to talk about cancer. I called to talk about a lady saying she's racist, denying service to a black man, and then admittedly admitting she's racist.
Speaker 5: She well, she never admitted she. We don't know if she said that or not. We have no idea.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, well okay, Jake, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 8: Oric could call up and say some guy named Jake just called me a racist and told me he was racist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jake. All we're doing is we're ferreting it out. Okay, we're vetting it out. Eric Mark told me to talk to you about your past experience with this same King Soupers and it may shed light on the situation. And he wanted me to ask you about burritos.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I've been selling burritos there for years to all the departments.
Speaker 1: They love my burritos. I'm sold burritos to your U, your buddy Dan.
Speaker 14: I mean, oh, you just advertised them when Peter and I told you, Oh my god, I just advertised jewelry store.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the jewelry store.
Speaker 2: Oh okay.
Speaker 1: David ellis his white Yes, him and his wife buy my burritos. Kim Munson buy my burritos every Thursday. Kalos.
Speaker 2: All right, So you make burritos and you were selling them at this King Soupers.
Speaker 1: Where were you selling them inside and outside? But when COVID came, I had.
Speaker 14: To stop and everybody would come outside and she would snitch on me. When you know, like the potice department in the back room department would come outside and buy the burritos.
Speaker 22: She would stitch.
Speaker 1: She didn't like it, Leslie.
Speaker 14: She had do you know what Tom or is this mark?
Speaker 19: Now?
Speaker 2: This is both of us, both of us.
Speaker 1: Okay, she's so brazen.
Speaker 14: Lastly, she'll probably answer the phone and.
Speaker 1: You guys ask her because the phone is right by customers.
Speaker 5: Hey, we get Hey, we've got a guy Jr.
Speaker 8: I don't know if it's the same one that always calls I doubt it, though, he says he's had a problem time with the same Leslie at King supers.
Speaker 2: Is this Jr. From our YouTube Morons Jr Jr?
Speaker 3: In Denver?
Speaker 2: This is this is not Jr? From the YouTube channel. No, no, okay, okay, go ahead, sir.
Speaker 6: Anyways, I've had issues with Leslie well here recently.
Speaker 15: She kind of cocky.
Speaker 9: I had an issue with my credit card wouldn't work and there I thought it was.
Speaker 2: A system, the King supersystem, and she got real cocky and didn't give me any time of day.
Speaker 6: So she turned me over to somebody else.
Speaker 3: So she's kind of cocky.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now, are you black Jr.
Speaker 1: No, well, I'm a brown Jr. So she was.
Speaker 2: She was just she was She just could be a nasty person.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, she's got a coffee.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she cacky.
Speaker 3: I got cocky back and then she turned me over to it to the lead person to handle my issue. But she's cocky.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all.
Speaker 2: Right, I got you. I got you.
Speaker 8: So apparently Eric Dad brings up a question I've asked you, but be very honest, at any point, did you ever call her racist?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, ever, okay, you know what, I'm trying to drive right here at the King Superstar. I just picked my wife up and.
Speaker 14: I'm gonna go to Shelley right now.
Speaker 5: Go get Shelley on the phone. We'd love to talk to Shelley to shed some light on this.
Speaker 14: I'm about three seconds away.
Speaker 8: All right, we're gonna put you on hold. We're gonna do this. Shelley is the assistant manager right.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's Tracy.
Speaker 2: Okay, who's Shelley the Shelley's the guest lady.
Speaker 14: Shelley's the one that hurt it.
Speaker 1: Here she is Shelley, Please come here?
Speaker 5: Oh, I got to make sure she knows she's.
Speaker 14: Glennard's not here.
Speaker 1: I know here here, this is Tom Martine.
Speaker 11: You got to go back in.
Speaker 14: So I'm telling him that what resting there to me about? Do you hear?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: She says he's not sure, and say it.
Speaker 14: Regina's in there.
Speaker 1: Okay, Regina's here.
Speaker 5: All right, go get Regina.
Speaker 2: Make sure you tell them we're on the radio.
Speaker 5: By the way, I'll make sure we know that.
Speaker 2: So didn't she just say your buddy who you said would verify and just said I'm not sure.
Speaker 8: I can't she said I was in here, Eric, she said I wasn't here. I can't say that, right, Yeah, but Eric, you told us.
Speaker 3: That she heard it.
Speaker 1: There was so much confusion.
Speaker 14: I thought Shelley was there, but Regina heard it. And Regina's going to talk to you right here.
Speaker 5: All right, Hey, you're center.
Speaker 2: Put her on.
Speaker 5: Let's talk to Regina, Okay.
Speaker 2: I don't want to get Regina fired though.
Speaker 1: My god, Oh no, she's big time. She's been.
Speaker 23: She's big time, big time. Okay, good, good god, she's a big time. I want to talk to big time Gina where she's still listening big time.
Speaker 14: I'm knocked on the door.
Speaker 5: I bet they love I bet they love him.
Speaker 14: Oh my god, come on, Regina, we're no kidding.
Speaker 5: Do you know anybody in the deli?
Speaker 2: Do you want us say? Do you want us to take Wait a minute, wait a minute? Is is Are you at that King Soupers right now?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 5: She's well around.
Speaker 2: Well, is Leslie is Leslie working, is Leslie.
Speaker 1: Working talking to him.
Speaker 14: I wasn't in there.
Speaker 3: In there.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, know what Eric? So far none of your witnesses are coming through for you.
Speaker 14: Bro, brother Gina, would you would you tell him what.
Speaker 1: You just told me. No, I don't have nothing to do with that time.
Speaker 14: I wasn't in there when anything happened, Leslie say it.
Speaker 1: I mean I don't know if or not because I was not in there.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, thank you. So why is Eric putting on witnesses that make him sound like a nut?
Speaker 5: You would not make it an attorney, sir.
Speaker 2: Hey, Eric, you're supposed to get supporting witnesses. All of your witnesses are saying I didn't hear it.
Speaker 14: Well, Tom, I'm not going to give up on this buddy at all.
Speaker 2: Right, yes, you're not. You're talking to strangers. Listen, I want to ask you something. Is Leslie working right now?
Speaker 1: Let me go, Let me ask you for Gina, don't don't.
Speaker 2: Don't go in there yet. I want to take a break, and then maybe you go ask Leslie if she'll admit it on the phone that she's a racist. Hold on, we got more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out Now three all three seven to seven to one. Help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I'm getting a lot of text from people who recognize Eric from a whole bunch of talk shows. They say he's always calling into talk shows. He's well known, and he's a staunch black conservative Trump supporter. Yeah, because it is burritos with a hot temper? Does he ever did you ever encounter.
Speaker 5: Him on I don't think he's got a hot temper. That seems a little odd.
Speaker 2: Well that's what somebody said. Anyway, Who is.
Speaker 5: That one guy? I actually bought a plane ticket or we bought a plane ticket for.
Speaker 2: You, and he's dead, right, I think, Well, I hate to say that, but I think he is. I do too. Keep going anyway, it was about oxygenated fuels. That was his big thing.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So anyway, Jake who said we should investigate this more and not just look for excuses, somebody says they're racist, they are we can't get anyone to verify they even said it, Eric, Eric tried to talk to three people who all said, well, not us.
Speaker 5: And Eric said they were all witnesses.
Speaker 13: What do you have to add, Jake, Yeah, I mean, just because you know that's not credible. I just wanted to let Eric know that I believe him, and I believe this stuff still happens today and people overlook it all the time, and I would just want Eric to know that he's a good man for standing up for what he thinks is right, regardless of what everyone else is saying.
Speaker 5: Own three witnesses, his own three witnesses.
Speaker 13: Just no one wants to speak on this.
Speaker 20: Of course, no one okak on this.
Speaker 8: But you want to just throw someone under the bus that might have never said anything.
Speaker 9: I don't know what she said.
Speaker 1: I'm all I heard was if she said anything.
Speaker 5: Hell, we don't even know if she's a real person.
Speaker 2: You know, you have to admit, oh, Jake, Jake, Jake sounds like he has a good heart. He really does. I'm not kidding now, but you got to admit. Eric doesn't sound too credible right now.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I've never met the guy.
Speaker 9: I don't judge people like that. I just judge people based off their character, and the fact that he's.
Speaker 13: Trying to look for proof for this kind of tells me a lot about him, and it tells.
Speaker 3: Me he's a good guy.
Speaker 13: So I'm gonna go ahead and believe, okay, And I'm gonna go ahead and out side with you guys on this one.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 5: You can't believe the three other people whom he spoke to this thing. They can't confirm that this happened.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but they didn't say it didn't happen. They said they weren't there. And why did Jake say, excuse me? Why did Eric say they were there? Can you get anyone to cooperate your story? One person? Can you?
Speaker 14: I'm trying my dangers. And then Shelley, she's the one that said, uh, I went to the glass again and I got out the car Tom at the Field Center. I said, Shelley, you said that wasn't right what Leslie said?
Speaker 1: Why are you backing out now?
Speaker 14: And then Regina she's so afraid to tell because of you guys. They're scared to death. And then Tracy, the assistant manager.
Speaker 1: Of the Black Lady, She's off today. And I want it. I wanted Martin. Well, Leslie, I asked.
Speaker 14: Regina.
Speaker 1: I drove up to her because Regina and Shelley switched out of the field center. Okay, Racy, okay, and Tracy's.
Speaker 14: Offful and Leslie's on dang vacation.
Speaker 1: You think I'm going to give up, you guys are crazy.
Speaker 5: I don't think you're going to give up.
Speaker 1: Man, No, because this story and that cuckoo cuckoo cut.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 17: What are you?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I hear that cuckoo crott?
Speaker 2: No you don't.
Speaker 14: I'm going too all. I'm gonna follow up. And I wish that you would get the police the corporal's number that was standing right next to Lesser.
Speaker 1: See if he'll lie.
Speaker 2: Why did he hear it?
Speaker 5: Of course he heard it.
Speaker 1: He was he was standing right next to Leslie.
Speaker 14: I have a badge number.
Speaker 2: Wait, you actually have a police officer that heard it.
Speaker 1: He gave me his card. I haven't okay, wait wait.
Speaker 2: Wait wait will no, we will call him. What did he say after he heard it?
Speaker 5: I'll call him, give.
Speaker 2: Me his number?
Speaker 14: He said, I didn't hear nothing.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna call wait.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, he said he didn't hear nothing. No, no, no, don't do that. No no, no, don't give it on the air. But wait, Eric, he already told you he didn't hear.
Speaker 1: It, right, That's what he told me.
Speaker 8: But you see, I want to ask you something. Do you see a common thread and no one's heard it?
Speaker 2: No one, No one heard it? No one, that's no one heard it.
Speaker 5: Why would the cop get fired? Does he work at Kings as well?
Speaker 1: He was well, no, no, he wouldn't get fired. But I had asked him, I said, you heard that, right, Yeah, I didn't hear nothing.
Speaker 14: You know how they how you're condescending that people are like, they didn't.
Speaker 6: Hear nothing when they heard it.
Speaker 2: Mark, get the cops badge number.
Speaker 5: I'll talk to him here.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But basically he said he didn't hear anything.
Speaker 1: He were standing right next to her, Tom and Mark.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter. He's not admitting it.
Speaker 1: Wait.
Speaker 8: Wait, we've got someone on YouTube, Robert, Robert Big Bear. He happened to be there as well, and he didn't hear it.
Speaker 14: Oh that's cute.
Speaker 1: I give you his name and phone numbers.
Speaker 14: Sell you could call him.
Speaker 8: Actually, we're giving we're gonna give it to chapter to call he knows the insiders down there.
Speaker 1: It's seven zero no, no, no, all.
Speaker 2: Right, let's let's uh with that. Let's take a breace that we can regroup, and then we have some information for Don on his insurance. If you're still on mark, we got more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Yeah, Hi, Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter. Don had the insurance question. Don Brian looked into it a bit. You said that you were quoted. You said you were quoted.
Speaker 5: Let me get him, let me wrangle him up.
Speaker 2: He was talking back. So, Don, you said you were quoted an extra two grand a year for solar. That's not so.
Speaker 8: It's just not so I'm trying to get him. Hold on, Tom, go to one, all right, Julie, Don, Julie, okay, hold on.
Speaker 5: Hold on. We're going to pick you up in a second.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 5: We tried to bring you on and we couldn't hear you.
Speaker 2: Hold on, all right, So who should I go to then?
Speaker 5: Because Don is ready? I'm sorry I said all that on air, didn't I Go ahead?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Go ahead, Don, I'm right.
Speaker 2: Here, all right, bro, Listen, we checked into it, and I think you were mistaken that the quote was two thousand dollars extra for solar Go ahead.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So Don, I'm going to call you after the show as well. But what it looks like is by adding on the solar to your current policy, they are requiring us to rerun a new cost estimator, and so some of the things that we're adding on there. I think there's some other structures too, but the total amount of the dwelling limits having to go up because it's currently underinsured according to their replacement cost estimator. But if we were just to add just the if we didn't have to do that, and we could just add on the cost of the solar panels and then add that onto the new policy. With the new roof, the premium would actually go down I'm looking here by about six hundred dollars a year because of the new roof. That's that's the reason why that goes down, even though the dwelling limits coming up a bit so, But because we're running a new cost estimator, it looks like we're going to have to increase the total amount. I've also got someone working on a quote for the solar pant.
Speaker 2: The solar total increase was how much?
Speaker 4: Well, oh, there, it's telling him that he needs to increase his dwelling limit by almost two hundred and twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Wow, because because he was under insured before.
Speaker 5: Right, Well, because it's just been so long since it's you know, it hasn't cost.
Speaker 2: You know, don That's that's the disadvantage to shopping for insurance. And I don't mean disadvantage because either way you would have run into trouble. If you were underinsured, you were to have run into trouble. So kind of hiding our heads in the sand and paying less money for less insurance isn't always a good idea, now, Brian, When you are underinsured, it's dangerous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, he had an additional fifty percent extended replacement costs. So almost all of our customers and the companies allow.
Speaker 2: Could he then stay put? Sometimes?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well, I think it very well might be that the solar panels is a better idea than the solar tile because the solar tiles we would have to go to a whole new carrier because save Co in his case, doesn't that they don't rate for him, They don't allow.
Speaker 2: But with a solar panel, do they have to rewrite the entire costestum. We don't have to.
Speaker 4: We have to run a new cost estimator. But I think there's some things we can go through and make sure we have accurate information and then see if we can get that limit down a bit.
Speaker 2: All right, So don really they will work with you directly call them, okay, because I knew that there's no way solar's going to add that much. If everything else was equal and you weren't under insured before, what would a solar system add to a home?
Speaker 4: It truly, it's just the increase on the dwelling. So if you're putting, if you're cost if it's costing sixty thousand dollars, to get solar panels, we would increase the dwelling limit by sixty thousand dollars if everything with a CV.
Speaker 8: Is there any AGV insurance actual cash value for solar panels? In other words, if they if they get busted up and they're ten years old, I mean, how are they handled?
Speaker 5: Is it like a roof on an.
Speaker 4: Answer, It's handled as a roof. So if your roof was actual cash I or if you have a wind and hill deductible that's separate, that would be part of that. Because it's on the roof, it's.
Speaker 2: A part of your roof, the roof system. Okay, got it, got it? Okay, I want to talk to Julie. Julie, you have a problem with AutoNation. What's going on? Julie?
Speaker 10: Hi, Tom, Thanks so much for taking my call. So I'll make this as simple as I can. My husband and I bought our Toyota four Runner, and we noticed about newer used several months ago. It's with brand new right off the showroom. Okay, we noticed spots. There are ross colored spots underneath the outside of the on door on the right side, off the protective film underneath. So I brought the car into Toyota Automation off a Rappahle Roads and somebody came down from their their little podium and they looked at it and they said, oh, well, you know, blah blah blah. So I said, I'd like to speak to a manager.
Speaker 2: What the blah blah blah? What was that like, No big deal, don't worry about it, or we'll take care of it.
Speaker 10: Yes, when you know, when you come in, you will your you run your car in and then somebody comes down with their clipboard and they check you in. And he didn't really want to address it. So I said, I'd like to speak to a certain manager. And so they called Pat Brown, he's the service manager of that place, and he took pictures. They took pictures of the ross colored spots, and he said he'd have to submit them and he would call me back by July tenth.
Speaker 11: He didn't call back.
Speaker 2: All right, but Julie, I want to ask something about the rust color spots. When you rub your finger on those spots, is there an imp affection in the surface.
Speaker 10: It's it's hard to know. It's really hard to know.
Speaker 12: They are their spots all along.
Speaker 10: That protective film. So it was factory. It was put on at the factory. Okay, it's not on the other shide.
Speaker 2: What protective film? Is it underneath the film? Yes?
Speaker 10: Yes, And they couldn't even figure it out.
Speaker 2: So the film is covering the film is covering up those rough spots. Yes, and it's a clear film. Then it's like a it's like a shield.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 22: Yes.
Speaker 10: And the car and it's never been it's never been wrecked on that side.
Speaker 16: You know.
Speaker 10: It is factory. It is put on by the factory.
Speaker 2: How big are the spots? Are they bigger than the head of a pin? Are they like a dime? How big are they? Yes?
Speaker 3: What they are?
Speaker 10: They're they're varying, they're varying sizes. I hadn't really thought about it.
Speaker 2: What's the largest size a racer?
Speaker 12: There are like a racer on?
Speaker 17: Got it?
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 14: Okay?
Speaker 10: So if this is a mystery, now, if it's something that's not RUSS, no problem. You know, I think they should since this is put on by the factory, they should just replace that strip. But at this point, Tom, I have called seven times, I have called are you aware?
Speaker 2: Are you so? What dealer did you buy it from? AutoNation?
Speaker 10: We didn't buy it from AutoNation, but we bought it from a Toyota. Oh, my husband. It was during COVID, so it was twenty twenty and that was so I can find out exactly. But it was a regular It was right off the show run.
Speaker 2: And why don't you just go to another dealer? Would though?
Speaker 1: I don't know?
Speaker 19: So that's my question.
Speaker 10: Why I'm calling you, because I've called the tenth sixteen, seventeen, nineteen, seventeen, twenty fourth, twenty third, twenty fourth and my husband.
Speaker 2: But truly, if if this dealer is so bad, do it. You can go to any dealer, Okay.
Speaker 10: All right, if that's your suggestion, that oh my suggestion.
Speaker 2: I got two suggestions. Okay, I think you should try a better Toyota dealer. There are some really good Toyota dealers.
Speaker 10: I didn't know there was a difference, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I really didn't.
Speaker 2: There's a big difference. But you don't that. The secret is listen, The secret is this. This car is still under warranty, right, yes, when you take it in, please listen to me. When you take it in, do not mention any of the trouble you had with the other dealer or they wouldn't look at it. Don't say that, don't pollute it, Okay, simply say this.
Speaker 16: Just say this.
Speaker 2: My car is under warranty. And you know what, I've noticed these strange spots underneath this. Why would it be under warranty though it's still under warranty, isn't it? Or not?
Speaker 1: It should be?
Speaker 10: But my husband and I bought a I mean, we got a stocked warranty. We got the whole, the whole sha bank.
Speaker 2: Well, what I mean is you is it under warranty? I'm assuming it is, is it or not?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a twenty twenty. Is it a twenty twenty?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yes it is two three four? Okay, so it's probably sill underworraning how many miles on it?
Speaker 8: Well, everything i'm reading says the basic warranty on a Toyota is three years or thirty six thousand miles.
Speaker 2: How many miles are on it?
Speaker 10: Oh my gosh, Tom, I'm sorry, I don't know over three years.
Speaker 12: It's our third card, so we don't we hardly?
Speaker 2: Okay. Well, I'm assuming I was assuming it's under warranty. If it's not under warranty, you're not going to like this answer, they don't have to do anything.
Speaker 10: Well, as long as it's fair, I'm fine with it.
Speaker 2: What do you mean fair? I said, they don't have to do anything.
Speaker 10: Listen, if it's not if it's not under warranty, then that's the way it is. If it is, if it is under warranty and it's their error, they should fix it.
Speaker 2: Well, of course they should, but I want to know if it is a problem. I would take it where are you located normally, where are you from? Okay? Good? Okay. I would make an appointment with Michael's autobody that's right off of it's right in your Castle Rock North part of Castle Rock.
Speaker 10: Okay, I'm writing it down, okay, And I.
Speaker 2: Would ask them tell them that some imperfections has shown up on your forerunner. You would like to get a quick opinion as to whether it needs to be fixed or addressed. They That's where I would take it, not to a dealer and let them assess it for you if it turns out. If it turns out that they say, you know what, this panel was rusted from the beginning or whatever, we can address it, but get an opinion from a really good body show and.
Speaker 8: Real quick If you email me the vin number help at Troubleshooter dot com. I'll check and see if it's under warranty for you and then Tom by the way, Chopper, talk to the cop that was in the King Soupers with Eric when it all went down.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to him right after this. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Man, poor Jakes taking a lot of criticism. Okay, so of Chopperson, Yes, I am Chopper. You talked to the cop that was supposedly there with Eric when all this went down, and he supposedly heard that woman say I'm a racist.
Speaker 24: Uh. The officer of the corporal doesn't know Eric doesn't know anything about his burrito sales can't support anything that Eric says. However, in Eric's defense, he did have the guy's phone number or the officer's phone number and badge number, but nothing to help him.
Speaker 2: But wait a minute, Eric, this guy did not recall even a little bit this incident, not even a little bit, not.
Speaker 24: Even a little bit. And we had a good conversation. He he doesn't know anything about it.
Speaker 2: He doesn't recall. He doesn't even recall Eric talking to him about it.
Speaker 14: That's correct, Tom, Oh my goodness, am I on the air?
Speaker 1: Tom?
Speaker 2: Yes you are, sir? Well no, John, Yeah, right, Only you are telling the truth. Every single person you talk to is lying.
Speaker 14: They're just denying it.
Speaker 5: It's like all the Jesse Smollett Uh what do you call them? Witnesses?
Speaker 1: Man, I don't know what to do, perfect example.
Speaker 2: Oh no, don't see me.
Speaker 14: I mean as far as him.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's the opposite of me.
Speaker 14: But that's what they're doing, the Jesse Smollett scenario.
Speaker 1: But it's just not there.
Speaker 14: But I'm not going to give up until I give all my fact.
Speaker 5: I think the part you're missing, Eric is I'm saying you are Jesse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not telling me. I think it's justice.
Speaker 14: Yeah, Jesset uh Smollette.
Speaker 1: But Tom, I wouldn't call and waste.
Speaker 2: Your time with no no listen, listen, but no one, not one person can verify your story, Bro, I can't, and honest to goodness, this is the way I would vet any call. I'm not calling you a liar, but we got to get some verification. I'm Tom Martinez. We're out of time. Don't forget Compass Insurance Group three oh three nine nine six nine thousand for your insurance checkup.