Speaker 1: Hello, everyone, Welcome to episode four of Space Pirates, Dungeons and Dragons. I want to do something specially for the intro of this. I've been watching a lot of British panel shows over the last few weeks whilst I've been fascinating in other things, and one thing that they do at the start of British panel shows is Jimmy Carr often will do he will introduce his guests and then do like a one liner about each of them, and I was like, it would be a fun way to do a one liner about each of these people. The problem is, do you know how fucking hard it is to cover with a one liner? These are not good, These are terrible.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited first try, my first try. I no, yes, you have.
Speaker 3: When I was formerly I would barely call that comedy.
Speaker 2: That was me. I have watched that video.
Speaker 1: Okay, these are not funny, but I will do them all right. Taking your muted, I don't know you're not muted. Your your microphone stopped working.
Speaker 2: We've been this is did you just say okay microphone?
Speaker 3: Okay, we can hear him now.
Speaker 1: Hello, Okay, how about that? Yeah, okay, yeah, this is going to be the earliest edit that Zaid will ever have to do.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can just start again.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I've started, I started all right.
Speaker 1: First, firstly, I'm here with Connequest with an exclamation mark. He put one at the end of his name because it's the only way he can get people to sound excited about talking about him.
Speaker 4: That was more of a two liner. But okay, well that says that's the sort of that's that's the vibe. That's the vibe. All right, this one's not good. Josh dype Hayes over here with Josh Dace.
Speaker 2: Josh d.
Speaker 1: Hayes claims he's great at raiding and MMOs. But I think he's full of ship. That's because he never wipes, get it, because wipe is like an MMO. But but like ship, like he's full of ship.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's not bad.
Speaker 5: Gag. I'm going to say that laugh for later. But that was okay, all right.
Speaker 1: One one started talking about out of a fourteen years ago, filming himself in his bedroom. Fourteen years later, he's still doing exactly the same thing and somehow looks exactly the same.
Speaker 2: He grow It doesn't work because he grew a beard.
Speaker 6: Justcal her.
Speaker 2: And it was yeah, yeah, disappears ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's yeah. I did the research.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's good.
Speaker 3: That's supposed to be bad.
Speaker 2: Okang.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have never laughed at any of Jimmy Carr's like intro jokes that he does on his paddle shows.
Speaker 2: So this just means you could be the next Jimmy Carr.
Speaker 7: I don't know who this is, but yeah, yeah, so you've never laughed them, and you went, I know, I know this will be perfect, is funny at all, So you know what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: I don't want to do the same thing.
Speaker 1: It's a good way of like, instead of just big, I'm here with you know, Okay, I'm also here with Schwabty Schwaverty is most famous for doing the Gangam style at a Brody Convention of twenty twelve, the video which currently has more views than his last three songs.
Speaker 8: I don't think that's a joke. I think that's just I think that's just true.
Speaker 2: I knew Mark's is going to be the worst. Obviously going to work because he holds actual resentment for me. Anyway, don't work on that. Yeah, I almost spat my water.
Speaker 3: That would have been the end of the stream.
Speaker 2: I can't have water. We're not allowed water or drinks upstairs at the Airbnb I'm staying at. So what about you're not allowed water? Are with my grandparents?
Speaker 9: Wags?
Speaker 2: I'm staying at I'm staying at Connor's grandparents. By the way, they tell you, why don't they Why don't you call them anymore? Connor?
Speaker 1: They died, they're still alive, apparently moved to America. That makes sense if I open the I was the grand.
Speaker 3: If I was the grandparents of Connor, I.
Speaker 5: Would you can go and get water. You know they're not gonna they can't stop you. Are you in trouble? You need to come and get you Josh.
Speaker 2: They put a sticker at the bottom of the stairs that says no food. It's like a force field.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing, right, if you make a mess with water, cleaning it up just involves more water, Like I don't like it's a self.
Speaker 3: Do they not expect you to clean anything?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I'm going to clean. I make sure to leave every house. I leave very clean. Oh God, I made you big? Oh God? Oh God.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, anyway, it's the space priate.
Speaker 2: Is dimp Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Last time the crew arrived at Gastrovia, they realize they live in an oppressive system.
Speaker 3: Carl see his head blew up.
Speaker 1: Gang war broke out between all of the warlords of Gastrovia. They have decided, after some deliberation with Karls Junior, to go and approach the Candy Kaiser of the Candy Kaiser Kingdom, and en route to doing so, have run into the Twizzler. That is where we're at. However, taking brought up a really key point before the stream. He did want to spend the hour that he had charmed this guard called spud Russet to train him to be a member of the well.
Speaker 3: I don't know to train him.
Speaker 2: So the way this works is with it's with its charm person or friends. Which one did you use, Josh?
Speaker 5: I used a charm person, which I believe has a bit of a negative when the spell ends.
Speaker 3: Yes, right, so you have an hour?
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, so I have to I have basically one hour where he's charmed and he'll listen to whatever I say to convince him to still be our ally after that hour. Yes, So what I'm going to do is I'm going to train him.
Speaker 1: Right, So what we're going to do is we're going to flash back a little bit because this will be happening. I guess during the car journey towards of the.
Speaker 2: We would have left the other guy's place the right before you get in the car.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, something like that, and I was going to surprise I guess for the car and Crag has gone out with spun Russet and so this is a little bit woo back in time flashback. Yeah, so imagine you guys have just the Twizzler has come out, and in the episode, it does a flashback to something that happened a couple of hours before, irrelevant to what's happening now. Yes, that it would be the worst paced anime of all time. Oh no, this has happened all the time. This happens in Bleach all the time too. Yeah, it's that's a terribly paced anime. So okay, well, okay, then the manga's good. So you are outside of Crumb's house and you're with Spud, and Spud is already sput is charmed by Rick, by the way, So once he's outside, he's like, yes, boy, that he told me that I should listen to you, but man, I would.
Speaker 2: Love to train in the ashcar ways of battle. I know you're you're the chosen one. You will be great, I know.
Speaker 6: I mean.
Speaker 3: He looks over at Rick and goes, am, I am I supposed to.
Speaker 5: Go with him, Smud. I have faith in this giant mountain that is telling you that he will train you in his ways. Believe me, I've never been more sure of anything in my life.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, you're the most important person to be in my world, even more than my potentially dead wife.
Speaker 5: I absolutely understand where you're coming from. I feel the same about me too.
Speaker 3: Okay. So he goes out with Crag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so now you're in these are the the spice planes.
Speaker 2: Are in the spice planes the spice planes, right, yeah, okay, you know, so I'm going to try to convince him that, like he is the I'm trying to convince him he is the protagonist of this story. He is the main character, right, he is the chosen one to come with us on this journey and and to defeat the what was it like, the four Generals or the five war odds, well five wour lords? Yeah, which ones we're counting here? Okay, So I'm going to like give him like a rock or any kind of like a piece of a knife or anything like I could flake off of me, and I'll just be like here, Spud, come at.
Speaker 1: Me, right, I guess well he's well, he's a chip god, so I just use the chip god sheet.
Speaker 2: He comes at me, I'm going to let him hit me. Doesn't matter what happens. I'm gonna let him hit me, and I'm gonna go, Yes, what if he gets a really good hit and kills you, It's impossible for him to kill me. Say that's right, you said, So I'm giving him a piece of my Obsidiana. This is the the ultimate training regiment of the ashcar. Come at me, Spud.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold up, So, okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna put this dagger on his sheet.
Speaker 3: So the dag is a what is it?
Speaker 2: It's your four?
Speaker 1: One is your shod which is a one D six We made sure, Yeah, because us.
Speaker 2: I don't need to know the statistics. By the way, you're just going with us.
Speaker 3: I'm just letting the people know at home.
Speaker 2: Sure. Sure he could make extra small and it's the defail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could the size of the shod because you could make it even bigger, and it's a d I'll.
Speaker 2: Make it defour sized. But thank you for telling me I can make different sized daggers with different hit dice. That's gonna be fun to use later. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they're just going to be the same stats as simple weapons. So it's a sure okay, okay, okay, So right here he comes, yep, he's here, he comes, crits.
Speaker 2: He creates. All right, well let's go, let's go.
Speaker 1: God, it's not gonna do that much because it's a default. But I can't believe he critically hits.
Speaker 2: I don't need healing word. Now we'll be okay, what do we do? Yes, it does damage to you. That's half house. So here's the I'm like, I'm bracing myself, like all right, he's gonna hit me, and I'm gonna fall back, and I'm gonna pretend like he really hurt me, Like, oh, you have don't have to pretend.
Speaker 10: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't have to pretend, which means I don't have to do a fucking performance role or some ship actually like oh ship, yeah, okay, So now I am convinced. I am convinced. He is the chosen one. He is the main character of this story. Now, all right, so I tell him like you are actually I bow to him, I crowd. I'm like, you truly are better than me. You have bested me on one on one combat, Spud, Will you journey with me? Will you will? Will you allow me to be your humble servant on this journey.
Speaker 5: I'd have to call Sigma over and just go. I'm going to be real, Sigma. I didn't expect it to go this way.
Speaker 7: Yes, I think Captain you should probably keep an eye and the lid on this.
Speaker 5: No, I think we bring the gun to pocket was the right choice. And now letting the chip Guard defeat our massive mountain of a fighter is also going to bring some some twists and turns.
Speaker 2: We didn't see it coming on this adventure.
Speaker 5: Eh.
Speaker 3: Spot is going to stand over you with the sho now poison your.
Speaker 2: Car has been bested in single combat. Crag son of Kronk, now pledges his life in service to you, but you'll have to get Rick plants permission first, because I work for him. Also, what does this mean that I like execute you now or something? If that is your desire, you may.
Speaker 10: Okay, he's going.
Speaker 2: To attack you again.
Speaker 1: Fourteen Okay, it's sort of like it just chips against your your body.
Speaker 2: Thank you first sparing me, Master, I appreciate that. Now we'll have to get going. You are now on a great quest to save the world from the five or possibly four warlords of Gostrovia.
Speaker 1: Okay, I need an advantage persuasion here. Okay, because he's not charmed by you, he's charmed by Rick. He's yeah, yes, yes, yes, you've gone into the situation. Twenty three Okay, so during Okay, now we flash a little bit for I am convinced of this too, by the way. Yeah, now we flash a little bit forwards. We're in the car towards Twins. The territory they you know, we got to set endpoint twis the territory is happening. We're here, but we's in your car. This is where the charm person will wear off. Now in his mind, the you know, he's now knows he has been charmed by Rick and so immediately has disdain for Rick.
Speaker 3: However, he really still likes Crag.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So because like he's charmed by Rick, but he's still bested me in one on one combat that he didn't help him beat me. That's so. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He comes to is he still in the fridge or is he just on one of the seats maybe you know.
Speaker 2: He's on top of it like I'm carrying him around like he's a king.
Speaker 1: Now, I mean, I guess that means he's he's sorry. That means he's through the sun roof, like hitting him in the face. Yeah, then you can short rest in the in the car by the way, because.
Speaker 2: Like you do, I'm gonna have to use a hip dice here, yeah yea, yeah, yeah, fighters or d tense right.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah, plus your con Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had to use a hip dice for that. Damn spud.
Speaker 1: Spud comes to and he goes, wait a second, you charmed me, He yells, So I do want to state because of where he is, I don't think you could hear him.
Speaker 3: I don't think anybody could hear him. I think he's yelling.
Speaker 1: Through the spice storms and you just hear noise coming from above the roof.
Speaker 10: He's like, hey, hey, you try room.
Speaker 7: He's bloody loving us up on the roof. He's having a well of the times to him, just cheering as we go he's our mascot. That's it, Spud Russet. We're on our way, stud Russet. Yes, I also like sticking my head out of moving vehicles. Twizzlers just sing a car coming toward them with heads out of almost everyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's what happens.
Speaker 1: I mean, now you guys approach the Twizzler, and everything that happened at the end of the last episode happened where I think like half of you exited the vehicle.
Speaker 3: It was like Recklar, Crag and Sigma.
Speaker 2: Yeah I got out. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, right.
Speaker 1: I think Krum is probably still in the vehicle. I okay, And now the Twizzler has stopped, he said. He says something a long the lies that he said last time, which.
Speaker 10: Is you were snipping into.
Speaker 2: The kingdom of Kaiser, the Candy King. You must not enter you Oh howse.
Speaker 10: You'll be the Klad of the can.
Speaker 2: Spud, the chosen one of Ashcar Home World.
Speaker 3: But what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Crag your your lead, my master and wait out no, no, you are master.
Speaker 2: Wait Crag King, you are the chosen one.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm the chosen one of the king in the Ashcar Home World.
Speaker 2: We have a name for that. It's Carl Straw.
Speaker 3: I can't speak your Ashcar language.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like two rocks like grinding up against one another. I cannot be mimicked by human speech.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, okay, I guess that Spud will stand forwards. I don't know what he would do here.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna back him up. I'll back you, but yes, you will be the one to he still has my dagger.
Speaker 1: He the Twizzler will ask which one of you is the leader of this group?
Speaker 6: Does all points to Spud.
Speaker 2: I'd like to point to Spud cap I'm just like, yes, okay, are you sure this is wise? Singer?
Speaker 5: I have no idea whether this is wise or not, but I'll tell you a secret. Listen, this is one of the most important things we learned in the academy. If we don't know what we're doing, the enemy can't counterplan against it. So for now, pointed Spud, and we'll see where this goes. And if it doesn't work out, I'll improvise a plan. Then for now, this is our best course of action.
Speaker 1: Okay, everyone's pointing at Spud. Spot stands forward and says, I guess I'll guess I'm the leader. Now the name's Russet, Spud Russet yep. He turns back to Crag. He goes, all right, friend, are we here to fight these guys or are we here to well?
Speaker 3: I actually don't know what the plan is.
Speaker 2: You could be of the group that's either Rick or Sigma Sigma.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes, I don't.
Speaker 1: What's your name? Okay, nice to meet you. I'm a spud, I think.
Speaker 11: Yes, pleasure. Why not try a diplomacy.
Speaker 1: Okay, he turns around. I'm gonna use all my training or my diplomatic training. All right, mister Twizzler, We've got a fifty half price on chips on Burgos, global bites, deels, come in, come in, fresh ingredients, fresher cows, fresher meat.
Speaker 3: He turns around. He said, did that work?
Speaker 1: The Twizzler is irate because to him, that's a that's a declaration.
Speaker 3: He's just advertised imposing.
Speaker 1: Warlords like colorary establishment the twizz.
Speaker 2: A smart move. That was a smart move. Now he's distructed by rage.
Speaker 7: This is the equivalent of walking into like gang territory and size.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is exactly what he just did. He just he put up the cripsyboard blood territory. Yeah, and the Twizzler. Okay, the Twizzler is going to pull out his twizzle, his licorice whip whips. He's got licorice whips. He pulls out his liquorice whips and he goes.
Speaker 2: Then he's fighting words.
Speaker 1: Boy, Okay, I think he's going to licorice whip him, but it.
Speaker 2: Might be about to die. Guys, he's got this one too. I was gonna say, Okay, then yeah, he hits. He hits one of them eight damage spud Russe. It kills spud Russe. It.
Speaker 1: Spud Russet is on two hp as a and licorice whip comes out and whip spud Russe.
Speaker 2: It's so hard.
Speaker 3: Blooder RUPs from his.
Speaker 12: Chest and he goes, ah when the chips are down, I'm here, and he goes down toward the The question is, do you want this to just be a door between Spud and the Twizzler or do you guys now pounce at the back.
Speaker 2: Help I'm gonna help question helps russ Okay, okay, I'm at least helping you. Guys don't have to, but yeah.
Speaker 5: Last turn, the sigma goes I'm going to be honest with you, I think Crag smelled this one.
Speaker 2: Don't worry.
Speaker 5: I've formulated a plan for what's going to happen based on either outcome of this. But right now, I think we just sit back and watch what's going on.
Speaker 1: Okay, as you say, Captain, I wait, okay, so is it? Is it Crag and Spud versus the Twizzler?
Speaker 2: Brag? Yes?
Speaker 5: Are you and Spot going to fight the Twizzler while we stand back and watch? Because I've got a plan based on whatever happens. I need to protect the shows that one of cost. That's exactly what I thought you'd say, Navina, Are you okay? Just kind of hanging out with Sigma and I am watching this.
Speaker 11: I will go keep Crumb company.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get back in the car. Crumb is listening to some music on the radio.
Speaker 1: Is Oh hey, Navina, I'm just listening to some some old tunes, some classic bangers.
Speaker 11: Oh lovely. They seem to be killing a red swelly man.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's the Twizzler.
Speaker 2: Okay, Spud, hide in the fridge. I'll take him down and then you deliver the finishing blow.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, the Twizzler though, as you step into battle. The Twizzler goes.
Speaker 2: Yes, well one v. Two isn't very fair? Can I get one of my nights? Oh? Okay, wait a minute, uh hold on, now, Crag does come from a warrior culture? Give me one of my knights? Rustage? Do ashcar fight fair? Or is it just like an all out melee battle scrape kind of thing?
Speaker 3: Okay, it depends where you're from.
Speaker 2: I think Rooneyes we've already established.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think an a scar and they probably do fight fair and much of their detriment.
Speaker 2: All yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: So then he has too tall behind him the tool, but they're wearing candy cane uniform and that.
Speaker 2: It's just the Twizzler and two guys that to like.
Speaker 1: And he pointed them and he goes, this one's sweet, this one's tasty.
Speaker 2: That's their names. It's tau culture. It's weird. That's confusing. Man. Through my study of blue Bluffs blueplop studies, I understand to accept the cultures of others. It is, okay, how do blue pops name themselves? Yes? What? Okay?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 3: Sweet you come in and sweet steps at a right cool?
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, I guess I'll bring you to a battle map and only crag rolls initiative.
Speaker 2: Anybody else went in on this or are we good?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: No, you you wanted to do the one v one Yeah, I guess TV two. All right, Spuds hiding in the fridge.
Speaker 1: Though, Okay, well he will, he will get inside your fridge. I don't think saying hiding is strong because they did all see him get into the fridge.
Speaker 2: Cover cover all right, Twizz the rold well.
Speaker 1: In his initiative. So he's gonna begin. He's gonna pull out a gum drop bomb.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right.
Speaker 1: And he's gonna throw it towards you and by extension, Spud who is in the fridge.
Speaker 2: The fridge doesn't provide any protection.
Speaker 6: Against Indiana Jones.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Actually this is a reinforced fridge that that Rick specifically made for me. Rick did reinforce it. Rick did reinforce it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say that it gives it gives spot taking the brunt of this, okay.
Speaker 3: I will say it will give Spud pseudo evasion.
Speaker 1: Then, so he will take half damage on a failed save and no damage on a successful save.
Speaker 2: Full save, I mean no damage on a fix which successful.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Okay, So he throws this gummy bomb towards you, it explodes out.
Speaker 3: I need you to do me a dexterity saving for her.
Speaker 2: All right, Crag is not great at decks. What did you get?
Speaker 6: Five?
Speaker 2: Five?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not great. I mean it's you know, no, it's a forty six. It's not twelve damage. Okay, okay, bear in mind. Twelve damage, that's a lot. If he didn't have the fridge and Spud failed this, he would die outright from this.
Speaker 2: But luckily he.
Speaker 1: Has the fridge. Luckily, as the fridge he also fails. Okay, so it takes half the time. So the gum bomb explodes, knocking shards off your body. You now are spilling magma down your body. That instantly calls in the atmosphere, creating more scarring on your body. Spud like opens the fridge door for a second to go what was that? He explodes, and now his unconscious body is now sitting. He's not dead, but his unconscious body is now smoldering in the fridge, which, to be fair, that's where he's unconscious body was before. So we've just reverted him back to his original estate.
Speaker 3: Cragged, now you're the fridge. Cragged is now your term.
Speaker 1: You are now as a significant disadvantage because sput is unconscious and you are on seven HP.
Speaker 2: I am, but I'm going to move up towards him. Yeah, you move up.
Speaker 1: Towards the sweet Knight who's standing next to the Twizzler fire breath.
Speaker 2: And I want to see if I can do this as a straight line, just one yeah, okay, I save it for a cone or.
Speaker 3: For yeah, a straight line. You can do either, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So you because they're standing next to each other, you go round the side of them unhinged, and your magma breath spills out towards them.
Speaker 3: You only rolled one damage.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, does it? I'm gonna you know, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I won't even roll the saving those because I I they just both take one damage.
Speaker 2: I rolled on one candy. They are they actually made of candy.
Speaker 3: It's it's like sci fi candy.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's it's reinforced, it's fire proof, it's sci.
Speaker 2: Fi candy candy. Yeah yeah, yeah, all right, Well that didn't work, so action surge. You're gonna try something else.
Speaker 1: Okay, so everybody sees crag. I don't even think fire really comes out of your mouth. I just think it sort of just dribbles a little bit over them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've seasoned.
Speaker 3: Them everyone, Yeah, he bumps.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I'm going to try.
Speaker 3: What are you gonna try, Crag?
Speaker 2: Well, let's see here we got Oh, I could use cleave. That's fine with my great war pick thing. So I have to roll this. Yeah, when I'm not rolling you.
Speaker 3: And you miss him, you rolled an eight.
Speaker 1: You bring out your great war pick, which I think is like the first time you've used this weapon properly because it's just the second second time you bring it out, and it just like smashes against the reinforced candy arbor of the of Sweet. Oh, that's your turn. I think I am at a disadvantage.
Speaker 2: I need help protecting the chosen won Sweet Sweet is going to.
Speaker 3: Turn towards you now and he pulls out.
Speaker 7: Can we can we converse between rounds? I mean, it's are we're seeing this happen?
Speaker 2: You converse?
Speaker 7: So I want to turn direct plane at this point and be like, Okay, I think it's going pretty poorly for Crag. I'm yeah, yes, the plan, I'm going to be honest. The plan involved him winning one way or another. And I was mainly basing it on Spud being alive or dead.
Speaker 2: I can work with either of those. Crag dead is a problem.
Speaker 5: So how about we decide on a code word and when you say it, we both get involved in this fight and make it very unfair, but to our advantage. Okay, fantastic. As soon as that I was giving me the word. What word you want?
Speaker 2: Love? A good code word? Razor claw?
Speaker 5: Fantastic a raizor claw attack or if I see you attack, I'll just assume that.
Speaker 2: That's the code anyway.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, fantastic, Right, great, and I believe that you're gonna be able.
Speaker 2: To do this.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Side note, Mark, do you want to turn your game up slightly? Just inpacit?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 3: Just because your characters quiet?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, sweet is going to pull out his candy cane sword and he goes, you are a brave fighter, but I am the sweetest there is.
Speaker 2: I prefer salty myself.
Speaker 1: He misses, He misses, it just bounces off your armor. He looks, he looks up at you. Wait, well he still looks up at you. He's about seven foot, but you're like twelve foot though.
Speaker 2: I'm yeah, he looks up at me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hmmm, this armor is difficult to pierce my twizzling, twizzling leash car flesh, your twizzliness, your twizzliness, Well.
Speaker 2: You better do it to us. The kaiser will be very bad, and you don't like you when he's bad. The car flesh is harder than flesh.
Speaker 1: It is spots turned into a death saving throne. And then it'll be top of the round again. Let me know when you guys are Oh, he succeeds.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good. It's pretty good, seeds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is now top of the round. Are you guys being involved?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Can I just look back to the car and be like navena? Okay, yes, I'm going to be honest. I thought that our massive kind of mountain.
Speaker 1: When you say novena, obviously they have like the windows up. They have to roll the windows down, and you just hear it coming out for the car.
Speaker 2: Is sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're busy in here. We're listening to some of my favorite tunes.
Speaker 5: Yes, I can hear that tune as an absolute bob. However, I assumed that our massive rock mountain was going to beat a literal suite. But it doesn't seem to be going quite the way we planned. So Sigma and I are planning on getting avold you help might be appreciated.
Speaker 11: Yes, of course, it's just getting to the good bit.
Speaker 2: This is the good bit. Wow, that was indeed a very good bit.
Speaker 7: If you could get out of the car, give us a little bit of a real.
Speaker 2: I glance over them, and I'm like everyone, they're they're made of sci fi candy. Fire is useless.
Speaker 1: I don't think fire is useless. I just don't think they're weak to it. I think you could see fire is probably quite use full Crag, you didn't seem to use much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fire, Crag.
Speaker 1: None of us could use fire besides you, So it's it's sort of a useless warning.
Speaker 7: Is this Razor Claw doing close?
Speaker 2: Because he hears it.
Speaker 1: He listens to your conversation, say Razor clause, so he just runs in Hey, water his initiative, which is really good.
Speaker 2: I guess we're doing Razor Claw. Let's go and say everyone, he can use fire, Dad of Crumb did Crumb roll?
Speaker 3: Well, he's actually unarmed at the moment because Rick took his gun.
Speaker 2: All he needs is these hands man, That's all he needs. Okay, driving. He has a car. He does have a car, carr car does. Don't worry.
Speaker 3: It will it will come into play.
Speaker 2: If he's a guy. He taught me anything. If the damage is not to be ignored us just but top of the round again.
Speaker 1: Now the Twizzler he sees you guys, start of approach menacingly but obviously still focused on crackt you for you.
Speaker 3: Guys actually start fighting. I don't think he realizes that you're fighting.
Speaker 1: So the Twizzler's fair. He's gonna twizzle Crag. Actually he's gonna go. He's gonna do his little the Twizzler dance. So he stands there and goes.
Speaker 2: Now see how a real Twizzler does it.
Speaker 1: And he's doing a little funny dance that for our blind listeners. I'm currently also doing it in real life for for everyone to enjoy. I need you to do a wisdom saving throws. He's doing his little Twizzler dance.
Speaker 2: I see your drag is very wisdoms. Oh he is. He is. Oh my gosh, for.
Speaker 13: Crag, that's amazing. Okay, Crag is focused. He is focused, all right, yeah, yeah yeah, His silly little dance is so far unlike this is not how ashcar fight. They don't dance around doing silly little whip dances.
Speaker 1: This is not how you do it, all right, yeah, yeah, so his silly his silly little dance does not affect you the twizz You are untwizzled. And yeah he untwistable. And now Pocket is going to run in with his gun and fires.
Speaker 2: Has a gun. He's always a guns point that give him a gun.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we're back for situations exactly like this. It's okay he misses, and now we're not doing a great with the rolls here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now he's gonna he's gonna hide, which is it's good, it's good stuff rare, But what is that? What is there sort of at the side of this road to hide?
Speaker 1: So there are giant candy canes, okay, flanking the path towards flanking the road. So there's a candy cane forest. You're in a candy cane forest. Yeah, yeah, candy I described at the end of the.
Speaker 2: Last episode, but I forgot to describe again here.
Speaker 1: But yes, you were in a candy So he hides behind a candy cane is what he does, all right, So Navina is now your.
Speaker 6: Turn, Okay, well, uh, I think I will exit the vehicle.
Speaker 3: Sorry, sorry, no, it's not your turn.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: I forgot to put him in these I rolled him but it.
Speaker 2: Didn't like twenty. Yeah, he's very initiative. He's ready to go.
Speaker 1: He's ready to go, so Crumb, he grabs the wheel and he goes Navina, should we.
Speaker 2: Should we hit and run this bitch? Punch it crumb.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, in my youth I wanted to be a race car mad.
Speaker 2: Planet.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's thanks Crag.
Speaker 2: I've been a big bit of planet racing ever since Raphael from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles did it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do want to.
Speaker 2: I do want to.
Speaker 1: You guys, this car is like a beaten down like terrible, so he's it's taking him a while to get it into gear. This baby does zero sixty in, it does zero to sixty. It's loading up. I want to say it's going to take a round before it starts the move, but then it will go. But it's he's turned he's turned the engine on, so there you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is your turn.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean I kind of want to stay in the car for this. Do you want to prepare an action? Don Yeah? Check the window.
Speaker 14: I mean I do technically, but also technically not. Yeah, I think I'll prepare. Yeah, but when when the car hits one of them, I guess, or like when it gets into range of the Twizzler and drive by. Yeah, we'll drive by, uh, expend the focus point flurry of blows. I'll probably I'll probably jump out of car.
Speaker 2: Imagine you rolling the window down? Are going? Excuse me?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so you've prepared that action, very good, Rick, plan, what are you doing?
Speaker 5: I'd like to turn the sagma and go right. It's raise a good time stigma with me, and I'd like to run behind the car. Okay, and then I would like to start pushing as hard as I possibly cares.
Speaker 3: O good, all right, the Twizzler is known. Are you doing anything else?
Speaker 1: Rick? Am I?
Speaker 2: While I'm pushing?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 5: Can I do an attack? And caster Bartic inspiration is a bonus action? So you can do fantastic? What am I to do is I'd like to cast Bartic inspiration on myself.
Speaker 2: I don't think you can. Can you do that? I don't He's just a D and D like the other day he just did it. I don't know no, I don't like trust your friend.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 2: It wasn't barnic inspiration. I'm gonna on Crumb instead.
Speaker 5: While pushing this car, I'm gonna shout around into the car apostim we can Crumb puts the pedal to the metal.
Speaker 1: That is what they say, and we are going to Tokyo drift this, which is a saying I heard back in the academy.
Speaker 3: Oh it's space Tokyo.
Speaker 2: I've heard of this space. Space Tokyo is cannon. TMNT is canning, Goku is cannon. We're making it work. Yeah.
Speaker 5: While doing that, just to get attention, I'm pushing this car, I'd like to pull out the pistol, kind of lean over the top and just take a potshot at the Twizzler.
Speaker 1: If I can go ahead. You pull out the Global Bites branded gun. You fire it at the Twizzler. So far Twizzler has not been hit. But you finally make contact. You hit the Twizzler with the gun.
Speaker 2: Do be the damage you blast out? Nine damage is really good?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 2: The Twizzler?
Speaker 5: Who everyone, let's stop messing around and kill some people.
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 1: The Twistler's hid in the shoulder by a blast and a bunch of candy cane and gum drops spill out, and he goes.
Speaker 2: Oh you please, hiious, are you Tasty? You get in here? It's time they get properly twizzled.
Speaker 1: It is now Tasty's tone. Because you've done everything you can do. Tasty is going to charge towards you. Rick, he's his tire action to dash. Okay, and now he's just running. He's running. He's got his candy cane sword. He's like, I'm gonna get you bastards.
Speaker 2: Crag.
Speaker 3: It is your turn, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Uh okay, new plan. I put away my war pick and I will take out my space baton, which I still had from the prison, and uh hit sweet. And this one is the reason I'm using this one is because it has SAP.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you hit a creature with this weapon, the creature has this advantage as his next attack role.
Speaker 2: Before the start of your next turn, you do four minutes sweet with it.
Speaker 1: I'm hitting sweet with it. Yeah, so you hit this candy night okay, and then yeah, he sort of slightly.
Speaker 2: Second win one D ten plus your fighter level back, plus you recover HP seven HP back. That's that's good. That's very good.
Speaker 3: The Magma closes in around you. Your skin heels up again.
Speaker 1: He sees you essentially regenerating as well as just hit him, and he's like, who are a monster that will be sweet to slay?
Speaker 2: I am not a monster. I am crag he could.
Speaker 3: He goes straight after you, so it really is a backup between you and Sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fair. We're having a moment.
Speaker 3: You guys are having like a duel to the death.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So he's going to use his his candy cane sword, swinging it towards you.
Speaker 3: Just just beast this storm. Seen anything quite like it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, a disadvantage of that anyway.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, sorry, well yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So tasty.
Speaker 7: The other the other Candy Night, the one that has now just run right up to you, running straight towards Rick, which takes him past me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: If I move away from him now, will he still get an attack of opportunity.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say, he's not focusing on you, so I'm gonna say that you can.
Speaker 7: You can. Just what I'm going to do is, as he runs past me, I'm gonna like jump backwards and go over the car kind of following, all right, nice flip ricks ricks rios waters because I I I really want to be able to do my sneaker tech damage and there's no way I can do it to this guy if I'm just stood any open with him, do I need to I'm gonna use my bonus action cutting action to stealth behind the car.
Speaker 1: Now, okay, so you dropped down by nobody even sees you go. So you do it so quickly and so smoothly, and give you that stealth check. Yeah, twelve. M right, Well you tell me who, You tell me who you're gonna attack, and well you've got to.
Speaker 2: Look that in. I am attacking Tasty the night that's running at rickman. He you will get advantage of that attack.
Speaker 1: He does not notice you, Okay, the only person who's passive perception is high enough to notice you as the Twizzler. But you know he's not calling you out, so so Tasty does not notice you do the flip with your twelve stealth.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's focused on towards Rick. I'm just gonna like lean under the car and try and blast out his feet.
Speaker 1: With my piss what okay, go ahead, fire away advantage twenty four you hit.
Speaker 2: Now do it. The sneak attack.
Speaker 1: Damage attack nine is nine damage you last at one of his foots that he buckles to the ground. He is still alive, but barely nice. He goes my sweet foot, my tasty foots right, No, no.
Speaker 2: That does okay, I think, I think.
Speaker 7: As he goes down on the floor, though, he will like look across and be able to see me.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he just sees your eyes, you four eyes glowing orange underneath the car, and fear racks him ominous. It's spuns to death saving throw.
Speaker 2: Okay, death save Come on, get another success, another success, another success. He is the chosen one. He will live, yeah, sort of. For now.
Speaker 1: It's the Twizzler time. It's Twistler time, all right, Okay, Twizzler's new. He feels like the sweetest handling crag.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The only person's actually seriously dun damage to him is Rick.
Speaker 8: Plan.
Speaker 1: So he's gonna take a step forwards towards you, Rick, and he will throw one of his bombs towards the back of the car.
Speaker 2: Oh no, the car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he chucks his gummy drop bomb.
Speaker 1: Rick, I need you to do a dexterity saving throw, and it will also do damage to the car, but it won't hit crumb and navena. You guys are too like it's the back of the car, so you'll be fine. He'll feel it. It will hit tasty as well.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, that's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fourteen is one below what you need it able to use my luck in your again, brilliant.
Speaker 5: I would expend a luck point unroll the X charity saving crow again.
Speaker 1: All right, you succeed twenty three huge the bombs a high rolling bomb as well, so thank god you succeeded. You take half of seventeen. You do the mats on that either.
Speaker 2: How do you do? You say nine?
Speaker 3: I think you round up for enemies or you round down.
Speaker 2: Am I taking the damage for that as well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're taking eight damage. You take half of it because you succeeded.
Speaker 2: Taken eight.
Speaker 1: So but the gum explodes out at a shower of sweets and it just pepper's tasty like spikes of like gums in the shape of spikes, like triangular candy corn.
Speaker 2: That's what it is.
Speaker 1: Tobon and candy corn come out of the explosion like shrapnel and just light up tasty in his side. He just gets ripped apart and he goes he looks back and he goes my leash and the Twizzler goes.
Speaker 2: It's war sun die.
Speaker 3: He's crazy and tasty cars and dies. Oh my god, I know it fucked.
Speaker 1: The back of this car has now been riddled with holes, and Crum goes, Oh no, I was close to paying it off from I inherited that from my mom. The the like the monthly fees we inherited the I inherited the debt as well. Yeah, so he wasn't even fully paid off.
Speaker 5: From there will absolutely be time to talk about the intricacies of accountancy, but now is not it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Pocket is gonna fire his gun from stealth, which he has advantage on. Bucket sixteen does hit the Twizzler for five damage.
Speaker 2: Finally, good, we're doing damage here. Yeah he did it. I think he's dead.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's it's.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 9: Yeah, take that, you candy bitch. I need to work on my insults. Perfect, absolutely perfect Pocket. Keep that guy get a good energy.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you, man. I feel great. He's feeling it. He's feeling the energy. His pocket a rug.
Speaker 3: He's not a class.
Speaker 1: He does have he does, he does have cunning action he doesn't but he doesn't have stick attack damage. It's like like goblins have cunning actions as monsters, but they don't have stack attacking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so he will.
Speaker 3: He would attempt to hide again, which is just his dexterity here.
Speaker 1: And he's really good at it. So he's just like popping in and out of the candy cane, Colonel Crumb. Finally the car start moving, Crumb and Novena. The car goes roars into life and rams into the Twizzler.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm going to rule this.
Speaker 1: I guess I'm going to rule this as a strength save from the Twizzler because it's definitely the car.
Speaker 2: Stopping the car or trying to jump out of the way.
Speaker 1: You know what, You're right, dexterity say, you're trying to jump out the way. Yeah, it just stands there. It's like Square, but like the Twizzler. It's someone re draw the iconic picture of the Square, but it's the Twizzler sounding in front.
Speaker 2: Director. I don't think anyone should do that. Let me go on record, I don't think anyone should do that. We're never going to get that China sponsorship. Now im whying that we almost didn't get it.
Speaker 1: But crazy, I have never got a sponsorship in my life, it'd be crazy. My first one was just for the country of China. This eversone sponsored by China. Okay, so the distance the car traveled was about forty feet. So I'm gonna say he takes it's gonna be like like the car is a sideways Yeah, sideways an hour he's gonna do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's gonna do four dy.
Speaker 1: Six damage, which is pretty good. That was this car sucks to pf. It didn't have enough space to like get fast. Yeah really, it just went forward slightly. Yeah, okay, the Twizzler will still do it. Deck say, just to sort of dodge out the way, which is quite good at which he succeeds. Anyway, so you know what, he's gonna jump on top of the bonnets of the car. So he gets hit slightly, like his legs get hit. He slams on top of the bonnets of the car. He takes four damage. But now he's there in the wind shield and novena, your prepared action goes off because now you can attack him through the front windshield.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna smash through the windshield.
Speaker 1: This is crazy because your turn is next too, So you're going to be able to do your prepared action now and then take your tears.
Speaker 3: You going to get lit.
Speaker 7: Up, sorrvena smash the windows just gonna be like, no, my car.
Speaker 14: Sorry eleven that yeah, that misses, that misses. I have two more twenty that hits. That hits, and a sixteen also hits. So do damage for those two as your flory of blows.
Speaker 2: Damage.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you're ripping him apart.
Speaker 6: Like the glass is like shattering into him as well from the room.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, and now it's your turn, so go ahead, and now.
Speaker 6: It's my turn.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, is a monster. I think it's seventeen damages on a reaction.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I think it's just my Well, I might not need to I'm gonna do. I'm gonna I don't have to decide on my action if I do it right, what I can do my first. I can do my first hip first.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, you don't have to do it all at once. Okay.
Speaker 1: The tender shot, so he is dodging, he's like he's on the bonnet. You're what are you turning your hands into in this situation?
Speaker 2: Just like really long, like like like twizzlers.
Speaker 14: Okay, like really long, and they're kind of like slapping the front of the bonnet because I'm reaching through the car.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, so you're slapping really long h yeah yeah long elastically arms you. He's like dodging some of them, smacking him up, whipping around, beating him. Okay, bloodied, what are you doing? I'm gonna yeah, I'm gonna expend my last focus to.
Speaker 3: Okay, good luck twenty one hits twenty eighteen, you have.
Speaker 1: If you do enough damage here ten seventeen again, you are going to finish him off with this crumb and nevena car Cobbo, How are you are you killing him?
Speaker 14: My elastically arms, They're gonna wrap around the twizzler, twizzling him and they're gonna lift him up and just smash.
Speaker 2: Him on the ruin.
Speaker 3: To clarify, you're killing him?
Speaker 2: What are you know? That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Are you doing this lethally or you try to?
Speaker 6: I wouldn't like to if it's not option.
Speaker 1: I think if you're knocking him against the bottle of the car, I can say you do it. If that's what you say, you know around you you bring up to the sky and you smash him into the car bonnet and he knocks out his Twizzler body limp and lifeless.
Speaker 6: Just steam is coming out the bonnet.
Speaker 2: Now, oh no.
Speaker 1: He sort of immediately gets out of the car and looks at it and just falls to his knees.
Speaker 11: Perhaps you have warranty.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 3: We don't even get insurance and Global bikets let alone.
Speaker 1: And he's ont of warranty for our I've been driving around without car insurance whole time.
Speaker 3: Everything's been so expensive.
Speaker 2: Oh my car, Oh oh, I don't think it's I don't think it's working now.
Speaker 16: Base car Insurance that that Navina is going to turn the radio on. You turn the radio on, and it's sort of it's like not working properly. But then Chromp goes, wait, hold on, hold on, this kind of pop's actually.
Speaker 2: It's the static, the white noise. I will see.
Speaker 1: I would say that sweet I. This happened genuinely behind sweets back. He doesn't know that the Twizzler is down. He is focused on his one Vy one door with crag. So I do think the initiative is still going on. Just for the moment, Rick, it is your turn.
Speaker 5: I let to look at the car. Smashing into the twizzler, breaking him. I'd like to look down at twas it tasty on the floor next to me. That's spin killed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's been murdered.
Speaker 5: Does days you have any kind of looter items that I could take?
Speaker 2: So? I really want a candy cane sword.
Speaker 1: When he died, he dropped a bunch of little experienced gems like Minecraft that just sucked into you. He does have his candy cane sword, though, Yes, on him brilliant. Can I bend down and pick that up?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: You could bend down and pick that up. It's a simple short sword.
Speaker 5: As is brilliant. I'm keeping this. Oh, the other one's alive. I'd like to put up my pistol and just take a shot at the other one that crags fighting.
Speaker 1: Okay, go ahead, Robert, Rather to hit god if you get that really good role with this late last time, it could do it. Twenty three hits pretty good. You need it above a ten? No, oh, but it does you. I mean you blast a chunk out of him sword in the and he are you doing anything else before the rest is yours?
Speaker 2: Crack. I'm just ad marrying the sword. He's now worried. I know what to do.
Speaker 3: I've been training. My whole life has to be the sweetest night there is.
Speaker 1: My sugar content is the highest it could possibly be without throwing up.
Speaker 2: I went through the sugar trying. I didn't think it was going to be possible to meet two gods in one day. I did my time. Your your commanding officer is dead. Come with us now the journey of a lifetime. You can recruit one of each of the wallolds unity. He turns round and sees, yeah, I mean he's on three HP and I just we just killed his like guy. So yeah, yeah. He turns around. He sees the Twizzler's unconscious. He goes, can I make a persuasion check here? You don't need to?
Speaker 3: He he sees, now you because you pointed out the Twizler's unconscious.
Speaker 2: He looks, I do have my point that.
Speaker 3: He goes. My LEAs is down. He looks over. My brother is dead. He looks up at you.
Speaker 2: I've been defeated. If you do not want your journey to end here, do you? I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I went through the confectionery school, the trading academy, the kaiser.
Speaker 2: He you be the one. There's a there's candy canes around here, right, yeah, big ones, I break off part of the candy cane and present it to him like a sword. He might be already holding one, but already has one, and I'm giving him another on this sword. Be a dual wielding candy cane master, and come with us. Okay, so I only need a persuasion for him to come with you. Yeah, so go ahead. Now wait a minute, No, no, no, no, I have a thing. What thing? When you make it? When you found ability check, you could expend a second wind. I have one more of those left because they go by efficiency rather than beating HP. You roll a one D ten and add that number of ability.
Speaker 1: Okay, you need a fifteen, so you gotta get four for them all for a right, come on, go ahead?
Speaker 2: Thank you? Do you have bic inspiration currently?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, not the only one with body it was, So he says, I'm not killing him.
Speaker 1: I know, but he says, your argument. Yeah it's convincing, But I I know what lies ahead in the candy Kingdom. I cannot face the Kaiser in his menal. Even with a group like you.
Speaker 2: Sweet, you must be going on your own journey. I respect that you know what I will.
Speaker 1: He saves the two swords. I am sweet and I forever will be sweet. I've trained too hard to let my life go to waste. Thank you Ashkar for showing me a new path. But I will take a journey.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Good luck on your journey, sweet, a pilgrimage.
Speaker 2: I will take.
Speaker 1: Goodbye every one, sweet remember me all right for in twenty episodes time when I return.
Speaker 2: Good luck to you. He wanders off into the spice.
Speaker 1: Goodbye, make sure to listen to my end stories. And then he disappears.
Speaker 2: To turn to Sigma and go, Was that the guy I shot wondering off?
Speaker 7: As you turn Sigma, you'll notice he's he's not where he was because he's stormed forward. He is sort of marching towards the Twizzlers unconscious form. First, he's he's just growling.
Speaker 2: I'm just sorry.
Speaker 3: Can you do a growl?
Speaker 17: Can I?
Speaker 8: I don't?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Please if I can? Yeah, we all want it.
Speaker 6: How many you got for me?
Speaker 2: Come on? Like a five year right now?
Speaker 8: Connor?
Speaker 2: Okay, come on, come on.
Speaker 10: It's good.
Speaker 2: It's so good, dude, all right, So.
Speaker 7: That he storms towards and he pulls the twizzler off off the bonnet, and he's going to pull out his dagger, which is the one that the Crag give him a while back, and he just holds it up to the twin his unconscious throat as he turns the brick.
Speaker 2: Plan, just say the captain work, Just say the word captain, and I'll kill him. I'll kill him right.
Speaker 7: Now, Stigma. I think if you look, he's already pretty dead. But I mean, stab him if you want to. It'll make conscious unconsciouscious unconscious.
Speaker 5: Right, okay, Sigma, how about this. We bring him back to consciousness. We questioned him for a bit, and then if he isn't helpful, then you can kill him. He and I point down to the corpse of the one Candy Knight.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, tasty.
Speaker 2: M hm. He killed one of his own pack. He was meant to lead them, and he led them to death by his own hand. He's worse than Dart and I throw his unconscious body on the floor.
Speaker 5: That's a good pound. You do make a good point there that there's a level of loyalty to be had for this, Sigma. You're not wrong for thinking the way you're thinking.
Speaker 1: Well, well, I mean we killed Jeremy. It's the same thing, says Pocket. What's up?
Speaker 2: Were you here for that?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Here the whole time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jeremy. I want to sit down next to Pocket and go like Jeremy was different. Jeremy was the canary in the metaphorical coal mine that we threw into a corridor, and by my god, we wished him well. But I'd like to remind you of this, Pocket. I gave you a gun. Yeah, if you're good, I'll give you another one.
Speaker 2: Two guns.
Speaker 5: Mmmm, think what you could do with two guns. It's probably the same as one gun, but you know, twice place as much. Now, are we willing to overlook the Jeremy incident?
Speaker 2: Yay, I have no problem with the Jeremy incident. I'm just saying Stigmas hypocrite?
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, are we willing to overlook Sigma being a hypocrite because I'm pretty sure it's probably gonna happen again.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you if you agree he's a hypocrite, I'm happy. I'm happy to overlook it.
Speaker 9: Oh absolutely. But the important thing is he's our hearing all this all this. I'm not yet rat Wait. Wait, yeah, the captain said it. You know the captain's word is law.
Speaker 2: Stigma.
Speaker 7: I don't like this sort of thing as much, and don't worry, I'm on your side with this, but I'm thinking about planning ahead. We need some kind of chaos greenade like situations when they aren't going our way.
Speaker 3: You liked my shooting earlier.
Speaker 2: Actually we do? You know what? Have another gun? IM about to give him my Global Whites gun sit This is the easiest gig I've ever done in my life.
Speaker 1: N this is great, Sigma. If you were a good boy, you would get two guns by now. But unfortunately you are a hypocrite that threatens as teammates.
Speaker 2: I know, Sigma.
Speaker 7: Listen, I understand that you're rightfully pissed off by now, but and I mean this genuinely, would killing the Twizzler make you feel better?
Speaker 2: It's not about how I feel, It's about what's right. It is.
Speaker 5: But I understand that you have feelings as well, and it's okay. We can embrace those. You are your own person. You are able to be true to yourself. Do you want to kill the tiny twizzly man?
Speaker 8: Not so much?
Speaker 2: Why not? I don't you know? I just I kill when it's necessary.
Speaker 5: Then how about this, How about we leave him injured, bloody, bleeding, and let him walk into the Spice plains and maybe in the future, if he's tough enough to survive this as badly injured as he is, he'll return in several episodes time and you can kill him then as a bit of a nemesis. Fine, it is fine, It will be fine. God, you're a good fighter.
Speaker 7: Sigma finally sheathed my dagger and turn away to hide my blusha.
Speaker 3: Sorry, are you not going to question him? Are you just gonna well, you've still got a question.
Speaker 7: We're going to loot him and then we're going to let him wander into the distance and hopefully die in the wilderness that where it's not our fault.
Speaker 2: I opened the fridge and check on Spur to see how he's doing.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 1: He will have one more role which will probably stabilize him. Yeah, he stabilizes him.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, does anybody have any healing for sir Spud.
Speaker 1: To look, he's unconscious and stable, so in a in a in like an hour or so, he will come back. Right, So like in a short you guys don't need to like a short rest will be.
Speaker 3: Fine for him.
Speaker 2: But it depends on your agency, I guess. But we can just have a bit of a rest.
Speaker 5: Now, we can hang out for a bed, wait for Spud to regain his consciousness, and maybe chat to this guy while Spud's getting some health back.
Speaker 3: Works for me, all right, Zane.
Speaker 6: Shall we shall we put the twister in the trunk?
Speaker 2: You know, bloody good idea.
Speaker 1: Why don't we open the trunk, put the was in the trunk then kind of wake him off from his unconsciousness, but make sure we're all stood around the edge.
Speaker 2: So it's really intimidating. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The only product with that guy is is that he's looking at his vehicle. Now that's like flames and now coming up from it because of like the grenade and like the damaged AVENA did I don't I I'm concerned the car might blow up.
Speaker 2: It's all right. I used to be a mechanic. I can check this out here one of your many jobs. Oh indeed, yeah, okay, only three people died at that.
Speaker 3: Give me give me an investigations check crag on the on the.
Speaker 2: That's not used to be my job. I'm not half bad at y.
Speaker 3: You look at the car, you can determine that it's fucked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay, so I do I like looked under the hood as it's like like steam and fire is like guysering from it, and I come out. I have a cloth like a like an old oil covered cloth somehow, and I'm like, yeah, the old uh you know, anti gravity suspender is shot and the fender is destroyed and the quantum particle accelerator is completely done. You're gonna need like it's gonna cost more imparts to fix the thing than just getting a new car. So uh yeah, sorry, okay, spanner is not working all right?
Speaker 3: How much do I owe you for the for the diagnostics?
Speaker 2: Oh, that'll be about four hundred lumens i'd say.
Speaker 1: That's he beeps on his lumen shod. I only have two hundred and seventy three. Oh, don't worry about it then, No, So I just said you two it is seventy three.
Speaker 2: I mean if you want to Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, crag fantastic. We'll checking the car out. What are the chances of this car exploding anytime soon?
Speaker 3: It looks loading about a minute.
Speaker 2: It looks you should be we should honestly, I'll be backing up honestly, right about now. In fact, I'm gonna make a really dramatic jump over that candy cane in about ten seconds.
Speaker 5: If you want to join me, well, I've got a plan, but it involves working bloody quickly.
Speaker 2: Sigma.
Speaker 5: Can you give me a hand of getting the Twizzler into the boot?
Speaker 7: I'd like to kind of open the boot of the car and put the Twizzler in there and then just got We got sixty seconds here just where I'm around the combat.
Speaker 2: This is what we'll do.
Speaker 1: Are you going to try and interrogate the Twizzler in sixty seconds before he explodes? We'll do a real time event where I will set a sixty second clock. The moment you wake him up, I'll start the sixty second timer, and that's how much time you.
Speaker 2: Have polls in cases like a skill check or something. I have it here.
Speaker 6: Navina is gonna grab chrumbed shoulders and just pull him away.
Speaker 7: Yes, I need you to grab part of my jacket in your jaws and get ready to run as fast as you can.
Speaker 2: As soon as I say run, it's giptain. I'm taking Spud. I'm taking Spud behind one of the candy kids. I gotta make sure he doesn't get hit by.
Speaker 5: This brilliant I'd like to put the Twizzler in the boot and just slap him to wake him up.
Speaker 3: Okay, the Twizzler wakes up, he goes, oh.
Speaker 2: Up in exactly sixty seconds.
Speaker 7: You got.
Speaker 2: No, he's just that I'm just holding him.
Speaker 10: You want to do?
Speaker 2: Are all right? Sorry? You gotta pause.
Speaker 1: He's gonna resists on health. Yeah, he is on one health, but he is going to try and get out if he's not tied up. So do an athletics contest with the twizzler.
Speaker 2: An athletics contest against the twizzler pushing him down there he got, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, so he so now the Twizzler sorry, what can I can I help? Yes, you can help. Do you want to just stripe? You want to roll with advantage? Absolutely, it's gonna be hard to So the Twizzler he jumps out of the because you didn't tie him down anything. He is on one XP, but he's jumped out and he's not in your grasp and he's going to start running. The timers now going, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Nah? New plan? Fine, just pull out the gun shoot.
Speaker 10: Him, I mean.
Speaker 2: Who well plan yeah, and he does.
Speaker 1: I. I just get pulled along with him as fast as and then the car explodes and completely concelerates the body of the Twizzler.
Speaker 2: So wow, Well, what did he tell you?
Speaker 15: What did he say?
Speaker 2: Did you get the did you get the information you were looking for?
Speaker 5: I'm going to be honest with you. The Twins was a highly trained Operaturban was completely immune to torture. Ah, I met people like that before I died, but I got nothing from him.
Speaker 11: I'm sorry about your car.
Speaker 6: Cro.
Speaker 2: Crom Was that a Was that car important to you?
Speaker 5: I'd like to point out that for a moment, we have been corrected in the chat that pocket had my gun for that. So just assume that I threw something at him instead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you you had a throwing You still had throwing throwing.
Speaker 2: It could be it could be stated. I'm always giving. Whenever we're having downtime, I give small amounts of crag daggers, small supply of crackers. Well, how much of him is left to loot? He's gone, He's gone, He's destroyed. Yeah, like a gasoline. We can pick up his ashes if you want a girls, I mean, we could, depending on how It's gonna be hard to mix the ashes from Twizzler from the car ashes, but I could try my best.
Speaker 5: Now that's a good idea. We might need to use that in some kind of future plan. I'd rather have them and not need them than need them and not have them. So yeah, let's pick up the Carsler's ashes. All right, I'll pick up the Twizzler's ashes.
Speaker 2: Is there any recognizable part of them left? I'm just gonna pick up.
Speaker 1: I would say his gum drop nosees there in particular strawphy at least, I'll put that in a in a jar and I'll have the gum drop. Now, it's strange energy. It like giggles a little bit when you put it in your bag.
Speaker 2: Is so.
Speaker 3: Soul of the Twizzler is inside the gum drop?
Speaker 2: Well, we can captain.
Speaker 7: We could use this as a trophy in discussions with the world Lord later. Absolutely, I mean I'm going to be olderly when of my plan. Now, the idea was, when we get there, we pull the ashes out and then we pointed crag and say this man incinerated the Twizzler in one breath, and then we attempt to intend that ate them doing that. And that doesn't work, though, I didn't want to drop another car into them. We basically say that when we find the war order, they're not scared of us. That you did this in one go, none of us were involved. That makes you feel very scary. If that's the plan, boss, I mean, I'm all for it, believe me, that's Plan A.
Speaker 1: But I somehow have a sneaking suspicion it's not going to go exactly as I'm picturing.
Speaker 5: It will be just execution like that, because if that's just plan B from now on, I mean, i'd say the execution is planed C or D. Plan B is using whatever environment we're in to hopefully mitigate the deaths. But D and D that's always just kill everyone.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, right, Oh you can plan C and D a lot at my old.
Speaker 5: Jobs, absolutely, and I think we'll do it a lot here as well. Navina, how are you feeling with all of this? You punched a man almost to death and then he actually died.
Speaker 11: Well he wasn't that tough?
Speaker 3: God, Navina, you are terrifying.
Speaker 1: She really just has had an easy time with everyone. All this mysterious combat trading. Low level monk is like beaten.
Speaker 2: You really are a force of nature. Hey, because she's water. Yeah, amazing.
Speaker 11: So I suppose we continue on foot?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I guess.
Speaker 11: So how how far do they have to walk?
Speaker 1: Now? Chrumb turns round at the destructure destroyed car, sees the twizzler's body.
Speaker 3: Who he had a bunch of those candy explosives on him.
Speaker 1: But they're made of sweets, so they're not like, you know, they won't explode if they're exploded, they're they take you know, you take.
Speaker 3: Love to explode.
Speaker 7: They have a special ignition that isn't fine.
Speaker 1: They have a special non fire ignition. It's it's so they're fine, but I mean they're gone, They're not fine. But they didn't explode. He looks at this like ruin. He's like, well, we've got a walk and that might take a few days. He's like, it might take a day at the edge of the country here to get to the Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do many people use this world? We could hitchhike, do you do you really?
Speaker 1: He there's a war on now. I think the only people using this road are going to be military.
Speaker 2: Maybe we should stay off the road.
Speaker 1: Then I'm thinking we should go through the forests. The Caddey came forests into the.
Speaker 2: Look rather magical and full of mysterious world. Won't let it for you.
Speaker 1: We have two options now, if we're going to walk, we either go via the roads and risk walking into another one of the Kaiser's men, or we go via the jungle and risk running running into one of those sweet monsters.
Speaker 2: I think we'll be in for a fight no matter what. What do you think, Sigma, I mean, if the guards or any thing like this, it's nothing we can't handle. What do you think, Oh wait, you'll just kill everything, so it doesn't matter. Let's just go.
Speaker 11: Well we have we have also fought food monsters, so we are quite experience.
Speaker 2: That you're really good at killing that.
Speaker 3: Hmm, yeah, mister planet is.
Speaker 2: I believe it is not my expertise at all.
Speaker 5: Well, I believe there are advantages and disadvanced to each one. There's a hell of a lot of balls. If we just walk straight down the main road, straight into the candy Kaiser's kingdom. But if we sneak in through the forest, maybe we can find a bit of an unsupported, unguarded way and get straight into the building or the temple of the town and the city itself. I'm personally a fan of walking through the forest. So if we're all okay doing that, I think we sum for a bit Navena, Yes, a track in the forest.
Speaker 2: This sounds like a plan. We also get all the candy, all the candy we could eat, and I'm a fan of hard candy myself, so this is going to be great.
Speaker 5: I think after a rather trialing day, we should probably head into the forest so the road leaves us side. Then make me set up camp for a night to gather our supplies and get ready for a trek tomorrow.
Speaker 6: All right, Navda is going to try and eat one of the candy like bushes.
Speaker 3: Can she is edible?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sorry? Your card?
Speaker 3: Yeah, your card?
Speaker 2: Your card? Sorry?
Speaker 3: Your level three?
Speaker 2: Right? It was three?
Speaker 6: Has it gone down? Is what I'm asking?
Speaker 3: Oh no, you're street three?
Speaker 6: So we can eat the candy cane?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well hold up? Can you eat the candicae with three?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I guess, so, I guess, I guess you can.
Speaker 2: So you you chum.
Speaker 6: I'm going to break one off, rub it in dirt and give it to crump.
Speaker 3: How grateful?
Speaker 2: Try this?
Speaker 1: I can't even eat dirt covered candy cad Wow, I think to be fair it is a dirt, it's sugar.
Speaker 2: It's brown sugar as Yeah, that's that's crazy. Oh no, it's okay. I brought my own I brought my own I would spit on it. But yeah. Also that jar of the twizzler, like you could try eating the twizzler. You could probably eat the No, I brought my own food. He brings out a can of sludge. I got this. It's just sludge on the side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's my sludge. I kept it just in case this would ever happened to me. That's what my mother ate before she passed. I used to call it mummy sludge.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's so good.
Speaker 14: He's just gonna pat him on the back. Okay, this is rough, all right, you guys are going to work your way through the through the forest. I guess I'm gonna need a survival check from somebody.
Speaker 2: Let's see what. Okay, who's best at this? I got is? Who is the residents of like scout of this group. I'm gonna say Sigma would probably would be sigma. It's going to right, yeah, not not through survival. I would allow you.
Speaker 3: To do perception instead of survival in this case.
Speaker 2: If you would like to perception is also not the best.
Speaker 7: But you know, I'm like skelting forward ahead of people looking out using my perception, try and try and find any if I can, if I can do like a oh yeah before you will check with him well, because my ecption is decent.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold up, you guys can work together. Okay, okay, you just explained to me how you're working together.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Can I get on your shoulders? Sigma?
Speaker 3: I am quite short, very Yeah, you're gonna be so much more creative than can I.
Speaker 2: Just wait a minute, Navina, you get on Sigma's shoulders, Sigma, do you want to get on my shoulders? Then you'll be like taller than like the canopy. I don't know how much you stuf gonna be, but.
Speaker 7: I was I was thinking like something to do with like me stealthing through you following me being my eyes as.
Speaker 2: I as I and you can you can like see you have more eyes than me. True, you'll be my sixth eyes, but I'm like seventh. I have three. Oh god between you have seven eyes. That's incredible.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So yeah, I'm gonna be I'm gonna be like actually showing us wet to go and like being stealthy stuff. The whole time you'll be on a wall looking out for any dangers. Yeah, I think makes sense.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, great, then I guess navena give me an advantage perception?
Speaker 3: What just a crit All right? Then you guys will see it.
Speaker 1: It's so anyways, Yeah, he's here, the Twizzlers, old brother, Penny Penny sweet wise.
Speaker 3: Okay, sorry.
Speaker 1: You as you're going through now the candy cane jungle sort of ends and now you're you're entering kind of a different biome of sweets. The terrain gets a little bit browner. It's very i'd say, Gingerbready. What you see laying on top of a small hill in a distance is a gingerbread dragon.
Speaker 2: A ginger dragon, a.
Speaker 3: Ginger dragon entirely made out of gingerbread.
Speaker 2: And it is a sleep right now? All right?
Speaker 3: And Pocket turns to Sigma and says, hey, what is that over there?
Speaker 2: That looks like danger and we should stay well clear. But what is it? I don't really recognize it. What would you to be sleeping? It's like a I don't know, it looks like a big dog or something. There's a word. What's the Oh we don't have these where I'm from Yes, you're no fun Sigma. You do what he was Navina? What is this thing? Oh?
Speaker 11: It looks like a dragon?
Speaker 3: Okay, sorry guys.
Speaker 2: Does that wake up the dragon? No, no he's not. You're to just say I knocked Pocket out before he could do.
Speaker 3: With the dragon at the moment that you wait the dragon.
Speaker 14: So, in terms of like the scenery and stuff, I assume to move forward, we have to get past this dragon.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: To get to the kingdom, you must pass the dragon is such. This is classic D and D.
Speaker 2: I have an idea, guys, I have an idea. We're okay, rustage. We're surrounded by gingerbread like structures, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like these are gingerbread trees.
Speaker 2: That's a thing. All right. Here's what we do. We take some trees, use them as gingerbread, use them as camouflage, and then we maneuver around the dragon, and if it gets up, we just stop with the gingerbread tree in front of us. Okay, I like that. One of my jobs used to be a rogue. What right? Not anymore? Not anymore. It wasn't for me. I tried it, it wasn't for me. Scenery and a play, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I think though that you are the only one that needs to hold the tree. Yeah, you can just tide behind you. This is what that works. Yeah, and then everybody else we just stay in a conga line and we just kind of like move like okay.
Speaker 1: Only one role from Crag, which will be the tree roll, like a survival roll or something.
Speaker 2: And then that's what I can spy you by going Crag.
Speaker 7: I don't know if you realize this, but you just come what we call the Macbeth a strategy that is a bloody brilliant idea. I'm excited to see if this works.
Speaker 2: I don't know who Macbeth is, but he sounds like a dead guy. All the best ideas come from best ideas come from dead guys. All right, let's go.
Speaker 1: All right, okay, so yeah, you give me a nature I think that's actually quite good use of nature here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then advantage or yeah, you give inspiration.
Speaker 1: But depending on this role, the stealth role coming out from everybody else might have advantage or disadvantage.
Speaker 2: Oh I see, Okay, now what you have found? Sure, no rusted two things. Number one, I still have tactical mind because read that last sentence. If the check still fails, the use of second win is an expended I get it back and I have inspiration.
Speaker 3: Okay, the roller D ten and roller D six.
Speaker 2: Okay, this could still be a one one. I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: Eight.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got fourteen plus the aspiration.
Speaker 3: Yeah, roll the D six.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got food. You've got fifteen fifteenth.
Speaker 9: Good.
Speaker 3: You guys will now have advantage on the stealth check.
Speaker 1: Okay, al right, okay, all right, so the rest of you who are now hiding behind, I'll just you three give me stealths with advantage twenty twenty four, twenty four, twenty four, twenty four nice and navena advantage twenty twenty two twenty You guys are stealthing through this forest behind this giant did you bread tree.
Speaker 2: Moving to in my fridge?
Speaker 3: He's quiet, Yeah, you see the dragons stir slightly, but then.
Speaker 1: But then rest and you guys continue, and you guys continue until eventually you're out of the dragon's domain.
Speaker 2: And then finally, yeh. As you walk, I'm keeping the tree by the way. You you can now see.
Speaker 1: The Candy Kingdom keep in the distance, the castle rising out amongst.
Speaker 2: The sugary mountains. What would you guys like to do?
Speaker 3: Wow, crumbs like I've never seen it in person before. It's incredible.
Speaker 5: This is I'd like to grab a sigma and pull him aside slightly. Yes, I'm just letting you know a plan ahead of time in case I end up having to fall back onto it. We've just passed a slumbering dragon. I want you to know if absolutely everything goes tits up, and I mean like a complete balls up, we are finding some way to wake it up and just seeing what happens. Yes, I I think that would be a reasonable chaos fantastic.
Speaker 2: That's like Plan G. That's all the way down there for now. I was thinking that was a because I had an idea.
Speaker 5: I didn't realize you were here as well. But yes, you may as well go and in the conversation. Yeah, basically Plan G is wake the dragon up and see what happens.
Speaker 2: But that's an.
Speaker 5: Is there any way that we can get into this giant castle without being seen?
Speaker 2: And we see? Use the tree strategy. Here's what we do. We take the tree like scenery in a play and we just keep moving until we get into them. I actually, uh, it worked the first time. I'm just saying it work. He just keeps the rest. We get it into the castle, we get into the castle, and then I just keep doing it and we get into the throat room.
Speaker 5: Just as trees, and listen to me, I need to be straight with you. That is not going to work because trees don't exist in castles. What we need to do is when we get into the castle, I'm something else you can pick up that belongs in the castle, so it can be much less construous suit of gingerbread armor or whatever's in there.
Speaker 7: If I may, Yes, I'm actually I do have a history of getting into places through you know, secret entrances.
Speaker 1: And looking at the construction of the castle, can you see where you would personally build a secret entrance. So this is a city, So there's a wared city, and then there's any center of the city.
Speaker 2: There's a wall and city, then the wall city in the castle.
Speaker 7: Well a few things. Number one, if if a castle like this is anything like you know, the the Global Bite skyscraper or any of the mega structures from my planet, then the elite guy is probably set right at the top.
Speaker 2: That makes sense.
Speaker 7: Sorry, I can try and find as a route through the city undetected, and if we get to the castle, I think we start climbing.
Speaker 5: I think that's absolutely a good plan. We have to remember that a ground assault like this means that we get through a lot of regular people or citizens before we reach the main building. If we can get a bit of a check, a bit of a vibe on how the main people feel about their ruler, if they're not too happy, we could use that to our advantage, unless they are happy, in which case we're in even more trouble than I thought.
Speaker 1: Pockets, like, what if they're mixed, what if it's like fifty two forty eight pocket.
Speaker 2: Pocket. I'm glad that you can go to specific probability.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I do want to say vert at this point, Crumb and Novino are going to be starting next to each other, and Crumb and Goo those they're having, all four of them are having a secret meeting without us.
Speaker 2: Can hear, Na can absolutely hear. You're always welcome to get involved.
Speaker 1: I think I think she's just gonna be with Crumb, to be honest, because it was she busted Rick. You did initiate it as a secret meeting with Sigma, but the Crag and Pocket just sort.
Speaker 2: Of entered involved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Nvia from aren't the type of people to do that, so they just it's a secret meeting not involving them. Would you like to join the secret meeting between Sigma and I the Crags also involved in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I snuck over with the tree.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I must be honest with you. You all speak very loud.
Speaker 2: I thought we would.
Speaker 5: Step one, sneak over the wall into the city. Step two, ascertain the general vibe of the citizens against who was in charge here. Step three, use that vibe to get into the main building, find the warlord, and then work it out from there. Possibly can then maybe over throw them, work out how we can get this planet back on its feet.
Speaker 2: Ok, we're going over or underbos. I think that's a Sigma call. He's got more experience with us. I think the first thing that Stigma wants to look for as we approached the is like waterways.
Speaker 7: YEA, like some way that isn't the road essentially, so there is a syrup like I vent, except with water.
Speaker 1: So there's a syrup moat around the car the cyrus So city walls, and then syrupy moat with a bridge obviously.
Speaker 2: But does there seem to be any sort of inlet outlet for that mort.
Speaker 3: It's hard to see through the syrup.
Speaker 2: It's sick.
Speaker 1: I would say, like a water, you could probably look in and be like, ah, but syrup. Oh man, you ain't looking through that well?
Speaker 2: I can, I can I reach down my hand into the syrup, just to get a handle on how like viscous it is?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: So or is it a liquid?
Speaker 1: It's you approach the syrup and it's like goopy, it's almost a solid. It's think you just walk across the well. You could draw for a second and then you'll probably stop.
Speaker 3: You start to sing.
Speaker 2: Well, if you run really fast. Yeah, wait a minute, Novena, you're made of water. This is syrup. You could probably just like walk on top of it or glide right over it. I am a good swimmer, but not even swimming like water is lighter than syrup. I didn't take kim. I didn't. I don't know much about chiming studies. Studies was my Yes, I could.
Speaker 11: Attempt to swim in the in the syrup. I mean, I imagine most of you would not do well.
Speaker 2: With your breath. Oh wait, I could just use the tree as a bridge. I could just do that to be fair.
Speaker 7: I'm not really looking to get across the mout. Yeah, I'm looking to get into the city via the water wars.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like the syrup goes into the city, you assume it might come in or out of it, but you can't see whether that's the case, and it is. You can also conclude it would be difficult for you to swim in the syrup.
Speaker 14: Yes, yes, well, I think I think the vena will check if there's any sort of like syrupy sewage system.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, are you going to go down into the syrup?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think even for a lunari, a vellunari are adept at swimming, and they could breathe underwater, but that doesn't mean they can just swim through syrup.
Speaker 3: Like, Okay, have you like a fish put into syrup?
Speaker 14: I'm gonna I'm gonna say this. She can check, Okay, she can try. Okay, so try because it's the reasonable thing to assume. Fair Enough, you get up to the syrup remote and did you dive in?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Yeah, we'll do I'll just do it, you know. Classic, But it's it's very elegant velinari dive. Okay, so you dive, Wait, you can get me afterwards. Do you know you gonna tie Are you gonna tie rope around her? Also, I want to say I aren't made of water. They just got a semi gelatinous form.
Speaker 3: That's the kind of.
Speaker 2: Water, but it's not there's not actually water water.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna I'm gonna say I don't need a rope tight around me.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, you dive into the syrup.
Speaker 1: Give you land on there, and now you've just got syrup stuck to your body and you're slowly sinking.
Speaker 3: Give me, are you trying to get out?
Speaker 15: Now?
Speaker 3: You're just gonna let it take you.
Speaker 2: This is like a jellyfish in syrup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, how do you?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Are you going to try and get out?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 3: Give me a string check?
Speaker 2: Can crag reached the gingerbread tree over to her so she can grab onto it?
Speaker 3: Like okay, yeah, yeah yeah? Give me then an advantage strength check.
Speaker 2: This is novena come back. I don't think you're gonna.
Speaker 3: Make it advantage you got a second roll?
Speaker 2: Oh god?
Speaker 1: Unless now somebody else is gonna actually have to help Navina because she can't help herself.
Speaker 2: She is now swimming.
Speaker 3: Like, all right, Navida, what to think you're doing? Pockets laughing?
Speaker 7: I like, you just keep holding the ginger bread and I'll scurry across the gingerbread tree and reach down a hand and grab you give me.
Speaker 2: A strength, go ahead me strength? Oh it's acrobatics or athletics.
Speaker 7: Who's doing I'm I'm I'm grabbing a hold of of nevena. I think once I'm holding a crack, can just sort of lever as a Oh yeah, because I'm holding with the tree.
Speaker 1: Like, you give me an advantage strength? You need higher than a fifteen advantage athletics?
Speaker 2: Would that work? Yes?
Speaker 3: Twenty one?
Speaker 1: So you rip nvena out of the syrup the syrup probably, Yeah, it's painful, Navina.
Speaker 2: I will say that.
Speaker 1: And you collapse to the side. Experiment completed. Yes, yeah, you can't swim in the syrup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, don't work.
Speaker 9: That.
Speaker 2: That just went terribly all around. Just I have another band, now? Could I could you guys just get on the tree and then I could just like throw you over the moat? Tell me like I can, how high is the role? Can you climb the wall? Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could see the wall does go quite decently high, maybe like thirty feet or something in the air, something like that, decently high wall. But obviously it's across the moat. First moat, then wall, then city, then castle. Many obstacles, Yeah, yours, there is a bridge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how close into the trees?
Speaker 3: You're out of the forest. Now you have to your turn back and get to the to the forest.
Speaker 5: We wouldn't be able to just bring a couple of trees with us and build a bit of a rudimentary You definitely can.
Speaker 2: It will take a few hours, but you definitely can. I could just throw you over the moat. But then, Crag, what do you do? I'll figure I'll figure it out. Don't worry. I'm talking.
Speaker 7: There's a few issues as well, because like, if we go across the moat, is there land on the other side of the motor is it just wall?
Speaker 3: There is land?
Speaker 2: You have some Yeah, you'd have somewhere to land. I'll aim for the gum drop bush probably. Oh god, Okay, Soss, we're.
Speaker 3: Constructing a bridge.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: I think the plan right now to have Crag individually throw each of us across the mode.
Speaker 2: So we are on the line. Next to the wall. Okay, we can do this individually, or you could get on the tree and I could throw you all at once. All right, if you believe you're strong enough to throw us on the tree, Yeah, sure, I'll give it a shot. Yeah I think so.
Speaker 1: Okay, Rick plan are Rick plan. You are the captain, so I will with your plans.
Speaker 3: You're the plan.
Speaker 2: Here's a potential plan.
Speaker 1: You throw us over the moat, we climb the wall using Sigma your help, because you're going to be fantastic at this.
Speaker 5: And then when in the city, we tell the guard that the emissary is about to arrive. And as we say that, crag you arrive, we get a guarded walk into the main cat So I can't see this going wrong.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Krum.
Speaker 1: At this point will turn to you and say, sorry, I know you're the plan guy, but if your plan is to talk to the guards and introduce ourselves, then why don't we just go through the front.
Speaker 7: Entrance because the guards will take us more seriously if we're already inside the city we approach the guards, if we have just left the main building and said we have in the main building, what the hell are you doing?
Speaker 1: I understand, I understand like you've already been let in by the guards, and therefore they're more likely to trust.
Speaker 2: You thing that the previous God, that's very clever question.
Speaker 1: This is why, listen. I always thought I was the smartest man alive. But but I very quickly realizing I'm not. It was just in food science. It was just food science.
Speaker 3: I was smarted. That's I met a science related question. I can I can give you the answer.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, But I think this plan is going to work. I can't see this going wrong. So Crag, throw us over the river and then give us, say, ten minutes, and then I think we'll introduce the emissary and you'll be standing outside. Ready works for me. All right, everybody get on the tree.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I mean I'm okay. You guys will get on the tree. Crag, there's a lot of people in the tree. You will be rolling with disadvantage.
Speaker 2: I can't weigh more than two pounds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, but it's it's it's it's it's sigma, it's pocket, it's and all that gear.
Speaker 2: How much way are we talking here?
Speaker 1: Like, Oh, I listen, I am letting you do it. I'm letting you fuck the tree through the air over a thirty foot wall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are we throwing over the wall itself? The fuck me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just saying it's with disadvantage. Okay, all right, I'd like to castpartic inspiration.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Yeah, gave me one left plans I've ever heard. I believe this, don't. I don't have tactical mind anymore.
Speaker 3: You do a inspiration, it is disadvantage.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, okay, now, as I'm not going to burn the inspiration because it doesn't matter, would you allow I throw it and it just ends up like two feet in front of me and it's like right at the edge of the shore. Okay.
Speaker 3: I do want to stress. Yes, you quit failed.
Speaker 1: However, that doesn't mean it's an instant failed because that's already called. Okay, but you did roll a six, and I think even you will not get to the number you need to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not using a lot of inspiration then, Yeah, there's no point I slip at the last minute like oh, this isn't fucking walking. I mean, but it will be the worst possible fucking outcome, which is which.
Speaker 10: Is everybody's in the roads, even me, No, no, you yeah, d.
Speaker 2: God. Alright, I have a stress.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm gonna do I'm gonna do a D twenty perception truck for one of the gods as well.
Speaker 2: I have a thing. Okay, all right, all right, I'm I'm okay, okay, do your thing. And then I have a thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, no good noise of you throwing this tree and then all of them just like they exaus through the air.
Speaker 3: You guys, see, Wow, Candy Kingdom.
Speaker 1: It looks amazing, and then it just drops and it splushes you all onto a solid lake of syrup upside again.
Speaker 3: Like it's turned over. Okay, that noise goes and one of.
Speaker 1: The guards who's off in the distance goes, what was that and is now rapidly approaching your location?
Speaker 2: All right, all right, here's what I do. I run over to the guard like, listen, please, you.
Speaker 15: Must help me at once. The royal delegation has let it not be the therap you muck pull them out. You know how many guards that you can't comeback? Hurry up, man, hurry they die. It'll be on your head.
Speaker 2: I am an emisary of thirst. But the grand come please at once? Okay, crag crag, yes, yes, okay, okay, yes, right.
Speaker 1: I do want to say currently with your appearance, you look like one of what the fuck's his name? The the grill Master. Yeah, Ra, you have a fridge on your back. You are yes, I mean you are an ashcar.
Speaker 2: I'm built, You're built.
Speaker 1: You look like one of the grill Master's men. Give me a persuasion, but it is a very difficult DC.
Speaker 10: You critically failed again.
Speaker 3: It was another critical veil. So he goes, we're being attacked.
Speaker 2: I not commit to the syrup. Sorry, I'll not commit of the syrup. Hopefully another darg will see that and we'll try this again.
Speaker 3: But okay, sorry, sorry, roll to hit.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm best gonna roll.
Speaker 1: Listen if you critically failed this hit, Okay, twenty one, you've got one one, yeah, yeah, twenty one.
Speaker 2: Knock his aid the erum. Listen. I don't think it's as easy he's gonna do the Yeah did he get a chat? Because the second he did, will do it seems like he's buying it. I slap him across the fucking head.
Speaker 1: I will do a strength We'll do a strength contest here then, okay, okay, okay, so here we go. He got a ten. You just got to be a ten. Give me a strength row, just a strength row, not athletics, just strength okay, twelve, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: All right, so you documented the serials down so he cannot make noise.
Speaker 3: All right, he has made noise already.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well the other guards here maybe, Well, that's what the roles are for, rusted, that's what the rules and the rolls are for. Okay, you're drowning in the syrup, and all your god is me and Spud, and I gotta admit I'm sorry. You guys might all fucking die here today. All right, to kind of push our heads back.
Speaker 7: Can you do.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get to this in a second.
Speaker 1: Sorry, because you guys will be making athletics checks, I'll let you have some other clever way of getting out of the syrup.
Speaker 2: You will be making athletics checks.
Speaker 1: I would say, when a ten ten, you could see the second guard over in the distance has not noticed anything going on. However, in time, he will become suspicious of his friend's absence.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna do new strategy. I Am not gonna and lie. No before you do anything else, cracked, sure, before you.
Speaker 3: Make group.
Speaker 1: Everybody's going to get a chance for an athletics check. And that does include the guard that's in the syrup mote right, sure, okay, so he's definitely more athletic than me, so everybody, and I'm going to do it for Pocket as well. And oh okay, so everybody give me an athletics.
Speaker 2: This wasn't my fault, by the way, I just want to let everybody know, like this is Rick Plans plan.
Speaker 3: This was right, almost entirely your fault.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Crumb firstly is able to pull himself out of the syrup.
Speaker 2: He's on the bank.
Speaker 1: Great Pocket is unable to he's in the syrup, desperately tried. Ah, Sigma, you were able to pour yourself out of the syrup.
Speaker 7: Like my claws helped me get a purchased and I dragged myself onto the show.
Speaker 3: Rick Plan, You get so close, you use all your strength, but you.
Speaker 2: I'm remarkably lucky, though, so I'd like to try.
Speaker 1: Again, try again, try again, and you critically succeed. You hit some it's kind of a weak patch, like there may be some new syrup that hadn't luckily hadn't hardened as much yet that you fell into So you managed to get out, Novena, give me your role seventeen Novena. You get out, Oh my god, gets out. Everybody gets out except Pockets.
Speaker 2: Everybody made it.
Speaker 1: Out, also gets out. So the only one now drowning is Pocket. Pocket can get the guard. The guard is now in the syrup. Oh my god, shred the contest. All right, you've gotta you've gotta be the fourteen. You do you push it back into the syrup. Okay, So now he's back.
Speaker 2: I was just standing on the shore waiting for her to get out. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: So he's just endlessly trying to get back up, and you keep shoving him here. Maybe you're just holding him there now. To be honest, I'm just I'm just doing I'm just Are you holding him face down into the syrup?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not doing it because pushing him back into the syrup. Okay, so you just keep knocking him butting. Okay.
Speaker 3: Question is now, is anybody gonna help Pocket?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 3: I know Sigma definitely does not want to.
Speaker 1: I don't think Crumb particularly wants to either, But does Rick Plan Novena or potentially Crag want to help Pockets. He's got two guns. He's going to be bloody useful and on a purely practical way. I don't want to lose two guns in one go.
Speaker 11: As much as I do not like him, I I would not want to see him drown this way.
Speaker 5: I agree this is a horrible way to go. I wouldn't wish on them. That's on my worst enemies, apart from you know, probably in a few minutes time, where I will.
Speaker 7: But let's get him out of the syrups. I'd like to as far as I can, and with Navena's hell, gonna grab Pocket.
Speaker 1: And so if you have Navena's help, you give me an athletics with advantage. You'll need a fifteen you would advantage. You quit, you quit, You grab his hand, and you saw them out of the syrup. So many crits of both varieties. Pocket lands on the ground, horn, Why what the fuck? Why do you guys have to debate helping me? He looks up at you, He goes you, son, I bet you are gonna leave me to die.
Speaker 2: I think your ears are full of syrup or something. You must be mishearing. Yeah, you buy, I think you listen. I just didn't realize you were there. You know I was there was a penny. I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I what you like him was supposed to be perceptive. I know you said you didn't like me, and honestly I don't like you either, but I didn't think you were going to try to actively kill me. You fuckably, I've done nothing to actively kill you.
Speaker 2: Do you want to leave me to die?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't do that unless it benefited me, and this doesn't even benefit you. You better watch when you sleep, Sigma, because I'm I've got so many pockets and they need filling.
Speaker 2: Captain, he's threatening me. Yeah, I fill my pockets. I just need to fill my pockets.
Speaker 1: That could be with anything. It could be with goodies. It doesn't have to be individual liking fingers and toes.
Speaker 2: Pocket.
Speaker 5: The reason Sigma wanted to kill you was because you are just so incredibly abrasive to everyone that you meet. Now, this is not the time to do this listing time. Now we pulled you out of the syrup. I will pull you out of any situation you were in, because as much as I may not like you, you have the right to live. But the harsher you are to your friends and your colleagues, the less likely they are to put themselves in danger for you. Now, we're going to be in danger a lot, and we will help you a lot. But you need to think about the way that you treat the people around you, and maybe they'll want to spend time with you and help you out more. So, take a moment and think, because I guarantee he could hold you under the syrup if he wanted to captain.
Speaker 3: Respectfully, you only saved.
Speaker 2: Me because I have two guns. That's true, but I also have a sword, and right now we're in melee range.
Speaker 3: Pocket takes a step. Pocket takes a step back.
Speaker 2: I come back. I'm like, oh, thank god, you guys were saved. I tried to help, but I am not good at this. There's the guard over in the syrup.
Speaker 1: The guard in the syrup has now failed his subsequent role. He is now drowning in the syrup. I don't know if anybody wants to help the guard or just let him die.
Speaker 14: I mean I.
Speaker 2: I was doing that because he was going to like alert all the other guards that were here, and I don't think that was part of the plan.
Speaker 5: I think this god has actually become by the plan and he's now our ticket in. We save him, get his gratitude and walk through like here, thank god that you have a plan, boss, because I am way out of my depth here.
Speaker 3: Okay, so are you saving the guard that saw Crag put him into.
Speaker 2: The I have an idea. I'll pretend to be dead and you pull him out like you killed me, and then he'll help you in explain to misunderstanding.
Speaker 1: I can't say this going wrong at all. Let's pull him out. Crag, play dead, Crag, play dead, Crag give me a performance role? Rick, are you assures to be helpful? This give me an advantage? Athletics seventeen on the performance.
Speaker 2: Inspiration too?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, ad ten on the athletics. Even with advantage is not enough to save.
Speaker 5: I'd like to reach forward, realize that he's slowly too far and go well, nothing I could have done.
Speaker 1: The night slowly drowns in the syrup, faced out, got knocked in there, and he goes because he wanted to be sid He died the way he lived nameless. But congratulations, you are now on the other side of the motion. You've dealt with a guard. We're not on the other side of the moat well, because you threw it was across, and when you.
Speaker 2: Climbed out, you climbed out on the other side. Oh well.
Speaker 1: You didn't, no, Craig, you crossed the bridge to get to the guard. Otherwise you wouldn't have been looking.
Speaker 2: Mental Just there was a bridge.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, hold up, hold up.
Speaker 1: If you never crossed the bridge, you would have never been able to push the guy in because they were assumed no.
Speaker 2: No, no, see. I assumed this was all happening on the opposite bank. They fall in. A guard ran across to our side of the bank and I pushed him stand there. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So we're across the moat, near the walls and crags on the other side, and in order to get across the bridge, which I assume is watched over by several other guards because the bridge would most likely get you into the city.
Speaker 2: I understand. So we are by the wall and you're on the crags on the other side.
Speaker 17: Right, Yeah, I have I have another plan, one patrolling perimeter guard, just the one we guard, so we can fall back to Sigma, you climbing over the walls, and then us announcing that the emissary is here.
Speaker 5: Nothing sally changed in that aspect apart from one person's dead.
Speaker 3: Right, Okay, so yeah, that plan just keeps.
Speaker 2: Oh so let's go back to plan A. All right, great, absolutely, yeah. I mean that was a slight hiccup, but I think we're back to where we need to be. All right, Boss, I'll leave it to you. Then I'm across the boat.
Speaker 5: Europe Sigma. I deal with that problem when we get to it. Can you climb over this wall?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: I want you to.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming that the castle is made of like a gingerbread type stone. This is not just the outside wall to get the walls city to the castle.
Speaker 1: It's like hardened caramel and candy and like jaw droppers and that sort of thing.
Speaker 7: What I want to do is using my metallic wolfy clause. I want to start digging handholds in the wall.
Speaker 2: I think you can just do that. Just scale, just get up. That's cool. Do you do you want to steal scale the walls?
Speaker 7: This is the most stressed I think I've ever seen. Okay, just credit fail and fall off the fucking thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, no more crack. You don't need to you don't need to roll.
Speaker 1: Climbing up the wall. I'd like to use the daggers that I've got from crag and almost like wherever you've stabbed your claws in, stabbed the daggers in as well, almost like ice climbing, but in the candy syrup.
Speaker 7: Wall I'm making, I'm making like pretty pretty chunky hand holes so we can use the holes as we climber behind you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone just does have a climb speed, and I think it's relatively easy to climb up this wall especially. Yeah, you honestly are just syrups sticking onto the wall, getting up there, and then you get to the top of the wall and as you see you now view the amazing candy Kingdom. The first thing you notice is that the air smells overwhelmingly sweet. There are broad streets of polished candy stone that wine between pastel structures. There's confectionery monks that move in silent processions, chanting hymns of joy and sweetness. There's highs bridges that go between towers of frosting and gum drops spys. There's various signs and buildings. You could see the marshmallow row, the fondue gardens, the fonder gardens, the syrup forges, the frosting monastery, and at the heart of the kingdom rises the Kaiser's Candy Castle, a towering fortress built from the hardest sweets imaginable caramel cement made of toffee rock candy forming its foundations. It's got sugar glass like of stained glass, and it's spinning light across the town. And it's perfectly back dropped by shimmering peaks of crystallized sugar. And as you gaze upon this scene, I will do that to be continued for this.
Speaker 10: Hey, guys, what does it look like?
Speaker 2: I can't see from down here?
Speaker 5: Fuck me, looks like a lot of tooth to qua and sugar. Will be with you in five minutes. We'll get you into the emissary of the ashcar.
Speaker 2: Genuinely might be one of the worst sequences that I've played through the player. We just died there. I mean I would have been over. But yes, one hundred percent, everyone could have just drowned and died.
Speaker 1: I think if everybody failed, which is statistically quite possible, especially who is.
Speaker 3: A minus too.
Speaker 2: If you like, if you just failed your athletics check and there was nobody to lift you.
Speaker 3: Guys out, then oh my god, you guys all.
Speaker 2: Just would have drowned to death. You guys just would have drowned to death. Everything. We're all good. It's still Plan A. We're still on. Unlikely that we actually all escaped. Yeah, I mean it's incredible. I don't even know how strength.
Speaker 3: When it mattered, it was like a fifteen when it mattered, you rolled great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every somehow fangled our way back to Plan A.
Speaker 1: And at the point that if it all went successfully from the get go, you would have you would have been at you know, the end justifies the means.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we solved the problem. We finished it. Well, all okay, everything.
Speaker 1: That we so choose to do the most difficult thing in order to do it because could have individually, somehow, you could have individually.
Speaker 2: This is the sequence.
Speaker 7: This is the recipe so far for a spasty. In the episode is Crag says the most unhinged possible plan. Rick Klan goes ah smashing idea chaff, let's all do that, and everyone.
Speaker 2: Else caes that's my captain. Rick Clan is just enabling.
Speaker 1: Crag is like the worst advisor to a king who cannot make his own decisions wrong.
Speaker 5: So far, where we've gone, as far as we have so far, people have died, We've saved some people, We've found some items.
Speaker 2: Nothing's gone that wrong.
Speaker 1: Sweet ought to have felt grateful his life had been spared, after all, he was supposed to count for something. Instead, only felt was uncertainty, that queasy, half melted sensation that came from stepping beyond the borders of his home for the first time in his life. When he was young, he'd been taught firmly, repeatedly, and with diagrams, that the sweetest thing a person could do was to vote themselves entirely to the candy king. He had taken this to heart. He studied until his five eyes stuck together in the confectionery classroom. He'd battled in the chocolate colosseum. He'd even pass the sugar trials barely, and emerged a royal candy night. Everything his parents had ever hoped for, everything they'd bragged about to their neighbors. He served long, hard years beneath the King's banner, guarding the palace, escorting members of the royal court, fighting monsters. Even at first it felt noble, purposeful, clean in a sugar dusted sort of way. But time has a habit of souring things. Cracks begin to show in the metaphorical pudding, tiny traces at first, then splits. You couldn't unsee, orders that Dinoy's taste quite right, Smiles that came too quickly vanished too fast, and standing there now, alive and disconnected from it all, Sweet began to suspect that loyalty, like candy, was best enjoyed in moderation. Maybe the incident with the Twizzler was exactly what he needed. Disasters, he had noticed, were remarkably good at providing permission, permission to leave, to look elsewhere, to stop pretending everything was fine just because it had always been that way. He gave him an excuse to venture out into the world, possibly the galaxy. He wanted to learn, to see what other cultures lay waiting beyond the polite, sticky certainty of home. He had always wandered about life outside the Kingdom. Outside Castrovia, the spice Plains loomed on the horizon, vast and dry and aggressively savory. He drew a long breath, tasting dust instead of sugar, and stepped forwards into lands that promised many things, but sweetness was no longer one of them.