Speaker 1: Open the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine the games, Mike the Bulldog beyond you jrr all.
Speaker 2: Right, Bulldog, I already know for a fact you have some strong opinions on the Magic blockbuster trade that went down yesterday involving four first round draft picks, because you wrote a piece on it's in the Orlandosentinel dot com.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, the Magic made. They sent a message yesterday the rebuild is over. They are in contention for a championship.
Speaker 2: You're right.
Speaker 3: They traded four unprotected first round picks to the Memphis Grizzlies, along with Contavious Calwell, Pope and Cole Anthony for Desmond Bang, one of the top three point shooters in the league. He's a twenty six year old. Again, he's one of the best three point shooters in the league. The Magic, of course, the worst shooting team in the league last year. Baying one of only three NBA players with eight hundred may to three pointers in at least forty percent from three point range. Since entering the league in twenty twenty, he shot forty three point two percent on catch and shoot threes, which the Magic are again last in the league at in the Magic essentially pushed all their chips in. They've been gathering all these assets for years now, and they're ready to challenge for a championship. I think they were looking at the finals this year seeing Indiana in the East, which is sort of a surprise. Oklahoma City we've mentioned the youngest team in the league. They had the best record in the league. I think the Magic's saying, why not us, Why can't we contend now? I like the deal. Everybody says four first round picks, Well, guess what if this goes according to plan, those first round picks are going to be at the bottom of the first round because the Magic are expected to be good.
Speaker 1: So first thing I asked is if we got rid of either of the Wagners, and I heard her no, I smiled, there, No, the.
Speaker 3: Magic kept all of their key pieces. They if you asked me, getting rid of Conavious col Pope was a blessing because that was a bad signing and he had a couple of years of big salary left. So they actually unloaded KCP, in my opinion, and to get one of the best shooters in the league without having to get up, give up Pallo Fronz any of the Wagner's Jalen Suggs, I think it's a good deal for the magic we did never give up.
Speaker 2: All right, hey dog, what'd you make of the US Open and particularly the condition the course was in by the time it was finally over yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, torrential down poor. Yesterday had been rained. It'd been wet even leading up to the US Open, so the course didn't exactly hold the water well. And yeah, they had the postponent for a couple of hours. The bulldog was upset about that, although we did get to see Tiger in two thousand and eight when the US Open when he beat rock Ommediate in the playoff, because they kept playing that as a replay. But yeah, jj spawn the Journeyman wins the US Open. Hits a sixty five foot putt for birdie on the eighteenth hole. He needed the two putt it, he one putted it instead and won the US Open. The guy started with five bogies in his first six holes, so it looked like he was out of contention, or it was getting ready to be out of contention. Then he picked it up. The torrential downpour came. They had the two hour layoff, he comes back and wins the US Open. You know, there were none of the big names on top of the leader board. I meant Scheffler was sort of hanging around whatever.
Speaker 1: Sean was like, chef was my pick, and he did at least he made the cut, unlike.
Speaker 3: You guys picks.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the meadhead the Shambo didn't make the cut, nor did Phil Mickelson. But yeah, it wasn't a attractive leader board, if you will, but it was it was great theater to watch down the stretch. I mean they were slopping and slatching around that course there. Who was the guy who wanted to he wanted an unplayable lie I think was burn Burn Sam Burns. Yeah, he got hot because he said, hey, I need some relief because my balls sitting in a bottle here, and they said, nope, play it and he got and oh wait.
Speaker 2: Wait, hold, I don't mean to cut you off. Ould Dog. Its lights out at the F one desk with our F one insider, Taco Bob, with the cleanup from the Canadian Grand Prix over the weekend as he furiously googles for information.
Speaker 1: Where oh wow, I cannot believe it but uh, Russell pulls on Russell.
Speaker 3: Yes, George pulls.
Speaker 1: Idiots called George Russell beat the man that I called Max were stabbing.
Speaker 3: Max called me.
Speaker 1: Up for the race, said he had a couple of nil deals and some stuff that he was going to let old Georgie pooh win.
Speaker 2: So good day for Mercedes yesterday first and third.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Canada was hot man up there and Piastre fourth. Come on, Bud, what happened?
Speaker 3: Was there some sort of collision and then the race or something?
Speaker 2: What in the in the F one race?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there wasn't there a collision that's sort of knocked Piastre out of it or something? I don't know.
Speaker 2: You mean when the two McLarens got together, bulldog, Is that what you're referring to?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, nothing like, nothing like messing up a couple of McLarens.
Speaker 3: Those are just those are so inexpensive. It's sick.
Speaker 2: Thank you Taco Bob for all of your insight with the F one desky chee. Meanwhile in Mexico City, But I didn't think that race yesterday in Mexico City was ever gonna end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it was Shane van Gizberg and ends up winning the race. But yeah, they had all sorts of I mean, they had all sorts of travel issues getting the Mexico City. Some of the teams, including Van Gisbergen's team, didn't get in until late because their charter flights were canceled. He was also Yeah, he.
Speaker 2: Was dealing with Mona Zuma's revenge and he still managed to stay in the car and pull that off.
Speaker 3: Man, he got sick, but he still ended up winning the race. So yeah, I don't again, these races that are streamed, how many people are watching Lincher?
Speaker 2: You what?
Speaker 3: You probably have the streaming Amazon Prime.
Speaker 2: It's actually it's pulling pretty good numbers for the They've got five races, so they've got one more to go. They got POC.
Speaker 3: How do you if I can't flip around on the TV on Sunday to catch the NASCAR race, I'm usually not watching me either. How do you race with Mona Zumer's revenge? You ever had that? Pat? I had it in Costa Rica Cheese very carefully. I would guess he had driver. You know those drivers do they do poop in their pants while they're driving. Tony Stewart was talking about that one. Hey, Orlando. You won over the weekend, Bulldog Orlando City and the Orlando Pride when one nil. Both had one nil victories on the road. So yeah, good for the soccer teams in Orlando getting it done over the weekend. The Gators also got some huge football commitments over the weekend as well.
Speaker 2: All right, NBA Finals continue tonight Indiana at OKC. Series tied it to a piece and then what about your your Panthers one game away from repeating.
Speaker 3: Dog Panthers win Saturday night. We're up three to two. We could close it out game six tomorrow night on our home ice down in Sunrise, So hopefully that gets done tomorrow.
Speaker 2: He is Mike the Bulldog Byonkey, host of Open Mic on AM seven forty FM ninety six to ninety game and he takes a time out from his show to join us each morning here on JRR for the sports page.
Speaker 3: By the way, happy birthday to the great hands of Stone Roberto Duran. On demand and to download the iHeartRadio app