Speaker 1: This is WWE Superstar Drew McIntyre and you're listening to the WWE podcast show.
Speaker 2: The one that everybody wants me. God Tell Stand three sixteenth says your.
Speaker 3: Ass is my arm.
Speaker 4: You can acknowledge me.
Speaker 5: All right, let's talk Backlash that comes to us tomorrow night. Already it's here, so WrestleMania well well in the distance now as we approach Backlash and then get out of WrestleMania season officially when we get to Money in the Bank, and in between now and money in the Bank, we do have a Saturday Night main event also to get through at the end of the month. So if you're looking for a little hold me over before June seventh, I believe is money in the bank. Well, we got the Saturday night main event, love it or hate it. So we're going to get to the predictions for Backlash in just a moment. I want to welcome everybody to the show and also a new patron or two as we welcome those of you who are new to the community here over at ww podcast. Want to welcome Deborah Nelson, Kayla Graham. Thank you so much, both of you. Enjoy your ad free content and the discord server and everything else that comes with becoming a member. So head it over to Patreon if you want to get those ads removed on top of a bunch of other fun stuff. All righty, let's get it to the predictions. So I'm going to do the predictions first, and then if we have time at the end, we're going to go through some of the emails and we're going to maybe a couple of voicemails and then call it a day. So here are my predictions. First of all, my overall thoughts and feelings going into backlash. Kind of a weird of here, especially following WrestleMania, which is such a star studded event, or usually is, and I think WWE has the opportunity to really wipe away some of the bad feeling that was left after Night two of WrestleMania with a quality pl The way that you present a quality show, not that I need to tell them, is to simply have awesome matches despite the stories going in. Sometimes when you come out of the match, it can make up for a lot of issues with the storyline going in. It can make you forget about them and deudorize the issues. So there's the potential here for that, And I gotta be honest, there's not you know, a lot. Looking at the Gunther and Pat McAfee match, you kind of know what that one's going to be, so you can write that one off as a not a great match off the bat, it's that one is purely story driven. And how close can Pat McAfee come to making us believe that he's going to beat Gunther? Because you know those spots will be in there. But this is a wrestling heavy event, as money pls are. And do we have any interference? Does John Cena up here? Does Cody Rhodes return? Anybody else?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Bueller, I don't know. So let's get to the card, and let's start with let's start with Pat McAfee and Gunther. There is no other way. There's just no other way this one can end. Gunther must underline, embolden the word, must choke out McAfee, and honestly, he should do it in short order now by Gunther squashing Pat McAfee, which is what should happen. There really isn't much to be gained for Gunther. In fact, this entire match, there's really absolutely nothing for Gunther to gain and everything for him to lose or what's left after the debacle with the World Championship match that opened Night one of WrestleMania. If you recall, he tapped out very quickly, and so there's really not a lot for Guntherer to gain in this match. This is something that is really for Pat McFee to gain. This is a no risk situation for Pat McAfee and a one hundred percent risk for Gunther. All of the burden is on Gunther, None of the risk is on Pat McAfee none, because Guntherer can only lose and Pat McAfee can only gain. So when you look at it through that lens, which is reality, what should happen is keeping everyone the same, or at least keeping Gunher where he's at, while elevating Pat McAfee in a couple of hope spots. You know, Pat McAfee, despite the fact that it's totally unrealistic, is going to have a couple of spots where you think, oh my god, the crowd's gonna get into it. Maybe he's got Guntherer down, Can he do it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Elbow drop one to two close in your fall, And that is probably what's gonna happen. Here, but Gunther should I would say, under ten minutes, please just choke him out, choke him out and call it a day with Gunther and move on. Now after that, does anybody come into attack Gunther? Does Goldberg appear? Because lord knows, we've heard a lot about Goldberg over the last couple of days. He's reappeared in our news feeds, so it's certainly possible he comes in and attacks Gunther after hell. I could even see a scenario where he costs Gunther the match and Pat McAfee beats Gunther because of Goldberg. I understand that that is absolutely possible. I don't want it. I don't want anything to do with Goldberg or any other match he's ever going to have. Ever. I don't even want the thought of matches in my head with Goldberg. There is nothing they can get me to do to get excited about a Goldberg match with anyone. So for me, when looking at who's gonna win, Gunther should win. And if you want to have Goldberg attack Gunther afterwards, you can go that road and build the Gunther Goldberg at Money in the bank or at SummerSlam. I don't want it. I know a lot of you don't want it. But there is somehow a subset of fans, and I've met them on X unless they're bots or AI or people who are just being paid by we to pretend that they're interested in this matchup. But whatever the situation, there is somehow a subset of fans that are interested in a Goldberg Gunther match. So keep an eye on Goldberg here, But I think Gunther gets the victory via a choke out. All right, Jacob fat Two versus La Night for the United States Championship, This one is a WrestleMania, a WrestleMania foregone conclusion. What I mean by that is, I f two won the belt at WrestleMania. You don't anoint someone for the champions especially for the first time, and then have them drop the belt just a few weeks later from Summerslant or from WrestleMania. You don't do it, especially with somebody like Fatu that the fancy a star, and clearly the company sees a star in he already is one, but you know, to really get him to that next level is an established, consistent star that you can maybe build the company around. At some point, You're not gonna have him loose to La Knight. I know La Knight is a he's fun. He is a nineties throwback in a lot of ways. The fans built him up a few years ago. They never made him top champion because Roman was the top champion at the time and they didn't have any any plans for him to beat Roman Reigns for the belt. And since then he's just kind of swam around the pool of the WWE, you know, United States Championship. And I think that if Fatu wins, and he probably wins decisively, you know, a guy like Fatu, despite the fact that he's a heel Ken and probably should beat l A Knight outright, and sure he could have help from from his confident out there, right, you know, Solo could absolutely come in and try to help Fatu. Maybe he nearly costs him. Maybe this is when we finally have the Solo turn that we've been talking about for months. But I don't think it's going to cost him the belt either way. The Tongans will probably get involved. It's gonna be a very very much I think a Fatu victory, and it should be. I know a lot of us love Alley Knight, but if you're looking to the future and looking for decisions at WrestleMania to stick, which they should. This is just another WrestleMania. It's the victim of a WrestleMania decision. That's what this is, and that's fine. It's the right decision to make, and I think this match should be a lot of fun. Yeah, I expect it to be even better than their first one at a WrestleMania, and I was a big fan of the ones at WrestleMania. I think that was one of the bright spots of WrestleMania. But there's just no scenario in which I look at this match and say, yeah, La Knight's probably got this, he's the babyface. No, probably not so FA two beats Night all right. Dominic Mysterio takes on Penta for the Intercontinental title. Kind of the same logic here, same as La Knight and Fatu. Dominic retains. I think the fans are going to be behind him, despite the fact that pent has a babyface. Dominic is becoming a beloved figure. I think fans have warmed up to him. They're tired of booing him. The turn is not fully complete because the judgment day, including Finn Balor especially has yet to turn on him. This one again seems to be very much like Dominic's gonna win. I can see a scenario here where, just like the Solo Fa Tu dynamic, we could have Finn cost Dominic the match. Notice there's a pattern here for the three matches I just mentioned, with Goldberg potentially screwing over Gunther, with Solo potentially screwing over Fatu, and now with Finn Balor potentially screwing over Dominicq with Stereo. There is I think one of those three at least will come true, if not during the match, after the match, somebody's turning out of those three. But there's a pattern emerging here where new rivalries are about to take shape. And that's what happens after Backlash, because Backlash is the leftovers, the warmed up leftovers of WrestleMania, That's what it is. It's kind of tying up loose ends and moving on and looking towards money in the bank in SummerSlam. So you would expect some, if not more than some of these scenarios to play out where you kind of can see the path towards the next pl and beyond. So it's very possible that Finn Balor ends up turning on Dom here, but either way, I still believe Dom should retain. He's got something going there with the Intercontinental title. The fans are starting to organically get behind him, and that's the best kind of turn you can have, is when the fans decide it's time, not when WWE decides its time, and then they hope you rally behind them instead. The fans feel like they're leading the way here, and they really are. That's a much more fun way to turn somebody than being told who's turning and then going, oh, okay, I guess I'll go along with it. So this should be a fun match too. I mean, with two guys of this skill level, you know that you're gonna get a great lutrador style match. Does albertil del Rio end up interfering, I don't know. Maybe. WWE apparently has reportedly signed albertil del Rio again. This might be their third or fourth time since he's gotten fired. A lot of past issues with del Rio, but hopefully those have resolved themselves, so it's possible you see Alberto del Rio. But this is really about This is really about the judgment day and Finn Balor and Dominic Mysterio's tension at the forefront. Here, Okay, we'll have the women's in her Continental Championship, Lyra Valkyria versus Becky Lynch. This one's hard. This it's not as easy the last three. I feel a much higher level of confidence than I do this one because there's like a strong case for Becky Lynch to win it here. And the reason is she turned heel and the way to get her get heat on her real quick is to have hers take the belt from Lyra in some kind of underhanded way, and you have Lyra back in chase mode. Now, what's the difference between this Becky Lynch and the past heels of the Becky Lynch as we've seen? Not a ton other than she's not trying to dress like her husband and do the wacky hair styles she did the first time. I think fans still have a tough time turning on Becky. Her as a babyface just feels much more natural. I wish the best that this heel turn works, but Becky as a heel still it never feels quite right. Maybe she'll find the formula, but Lyra, in her own right, has come in to her own at least she did this past week with her promo, getting a personality, as Michael Cole put it on raw, coming out of her shell. So that's good, good for Lyra, and I expect a really good match here ten twelve, fourteen minutes for the women's IC belt, and I I want to say Lyra retains. I want to, but I think it's probably Becky Lynch with the Intercontinental title. I know Lyra is hasn't really had exactly a long rain with that belt, but I think Becky Lynch is champion. If you're trying to get her heat her winning, cheating to beat Lyra is a good way to continue that. If you're trying to get as much heat on Becky as possible. It just kind of fits the bills. So tough one, tough one, stay away from it for you, you know, you wagerers out there. I'd stay the hell away from this one unless you're you know, you're feeling lucky. But I would say Becky Lynch probably wins, but I'm not. My confidence level is not high in this. So then we have the undisputed Championship, the undisputed Universal Championship. Although I think it's just called the w B Unisputed Championship. John Cena versus Randy Orton. I think this is the last time I'll ever be able to say that, and that's kind of sad. I know we've seen it a million times in the past, but it's been a long time since they've been in the ring for a match together. I'm gonna enjoy this just from a nostalgic standpoint for me, even if the match isn't great, and I don't expect it to be great because of John's limitations and just the fact that he's Yeah he's just older and he's a step slower, and yeah, Brandy's going to do what he can do. I expect it to be a very serviceable match, very professional match, a much slower pace match, and that's fine with me. I don't need every match going one hundred miles an hour, so I expect, you know, this one to be fifteen to twenty minutes in a slow pace though, so it'll feel extra slow, but fun and nostalgic. I'm looking at this through the lens of nostalgia, not in terms of the lens of well man, they better have a five star match. I don't put that expectation on these guys so fun match. Ultimately, yeah, John sen is gonna win this. If Randy Orton wins, I don't know what they're doing. You don't have John Cena, one of the biggest stars in the company, turn heel and then have him drop the belt three weeks after he wins it at WrestleMania forty one. You don't just there would be It'd be chaos if that happened. There's no need for that. This is John Cena's final months here. As we roll to December, John Cena became a seventeen time champion. There is just no scenario in my mind. I can imagine Randy Orton winning. It would make no sense, especially given Cody's not back yet. And when Cody comes back, which you could here too, you can expect Cody to get Sena. So Scena retains hook or crook. Probably. If I was booking this, I would have him beat Randy Orton in the same method I had him beat Cody rozarrus On Many forty one. In fact, you know what I would do, since I'm sadistic, I would have Travis Scott come out. That's what I would do. I would have Travis Scott come out. And you know what I would do if I, oh, this is just tickling my loins, I'd have Travis Scott come out. Randy Orton hits him with an RKO, and you know, he hits Randy, He hits John Cena with an RKO. It looks like Randy Orton is about to win, and the Rock's music hits distracts Randy Orton, but he doesn't come out. The Rock does not come out, and I don't expect him to at all.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 5: I'm not predicting that at all. Although that would be the time to bring the rock back when no one's expecting it, I'm not predicting it. That's what I would do. I would have this ongoing, this ongoing just a method of John Cena winning by having the Rocks music hit and they'll, uh, everyone continues to be distracted by it, like he could be here. That's how John Cena keeps retaining. Now, you can only do that a few times before his opponents starts to look like a fool. But for you know, two times, maybe three, you could have that happen where John Cena uses the Rocks music to gain an advantage, and you know then him berating the fans. If you think the Rock has time to come out here, if he didn't show up a WrestleMania forty one, he's certainly not gonna want to be in ex City. That's what I would do. I would hammer it home.
Speaker 2: Why not.
Speaker 5: They've got a lot of emotion and a lot of negative emotion pent up from fans about the bad taste left in their mouth about wrestleing to forty one. Use it, make money with it, get people talking even more, because guess what, then you're gonna trend even more. Fans are gonna be outraged even more. That's the point. This one would be an intentional probing of the fans. The first one, obviously, I don't think was intentional of the anger and backlash from forty the main event for from nine night two. So in my fantasy land, that's how I would book the finish here is looks like we're good. Travis Scott comes out again, people are like, what the hell? Clearly WWW doesn't get the message. Randy Orton just dispatches Travis Scott with an RKO and then as Sina is down from maybe another RKO, we have the Rocks Music hit, people going crazy, announcers are going crazy. It lasts for like thirty seconds, and that gives Seen enough time to recover. Randy Orton turns around, referees distracted or down belt shot one, two three. John Cena retains, That's exactly what I would do here. That's what I would do, So you can have the Rocks still be a part of this from an attached to it from a distance, but not have them actually show up. It's the best of both worlds. So I kind of I'm kind of favored to that finish. We'll see if they do it. I doubt it, but that's how I would do it. Either way, the results the same. John Cena retains, Does Cody Roads come back? Maybe somebody's returning here. There are too many scenarios set up, too many matches set up for a turn or a return not to happen at least two somebody to attack Finn Balor attacking Dom or Solo attacking Fatu, or Goldberg attacking Gunther or Cody attacking Sena or the Rocks Music Foe having his full return. Something has got to give here at backlash. So there it is all right, let's get to some emails here. I don't think we have a lot, just a couple as we close out the show here, let's uh, let's see who do I want to start with. I don't have any options, right, it sounds like a whole I have a whole lot of options. I don't, So let's start with Yes, DJ, let's start with you, and DJ says, due to work and the responsibilities, I missed the cutoff point getting the last week's mail bag. Well, I was able to. I put you in right on Sunday. All good? So first, is it me? Or does this year's backlash seem sort of underwhelming with the current state of WWE matches that have been booked, especially the Women's IC title match, which, in my opinion, should have been booked on a random episode of Raw. However, Triple H and the creative team seem to always over deliver on the ples that are not interesting on paper. Could this backlash be another over delivered pl E? Yeah, it's an interesting dynamic with Triple H and his pls. The build hasn't always been the greatest leading in, but how many times did we come out of the pl E? Not every time, but more often than not in saying wow, yeah, that was better than I expected. Now, I don't know if that's some kind of like psychological trick where they go in knowing that they're not putting their best foot forward, only to over deliver and therefore, looking back, you always feel better because they always over deliver, but they purposely lower the bar going in. So it's some kind of like trickery going on, some mind Jedi stuff. Almost had to de bleete myself. So yeah, I think it's going to overdeliver based on people's expectations going in because of the said returns and possible turns that I talked about earlier. Okay too, I'm not understanding this. Becky Lynch, he'll turn. Why would I even care about this view between her and the bird lady Lyra.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean, we'll find this just happens, so I'm gonna give it time to breathe. Right now, it's just Becky Lynch turning, maybe because her husband did. I don't know. So let's see here. Oh and by the way, I have to say this unrelated. It's been three months in counting just about since Johnson had turned heel and sold his soul to the rock, and we have no explanation for three months. Just wanted to keep a tracker here. It's been three months with no explanation. I don't want to hear about long term storytelling. That's bad storytelling, that's lazy storytelling. Three months is just it's inexcusable. So just wanted to.
Speaker 2: Put that out.
Speaker 5: I will as periodically as you hear my kids yelling in the background, I will periodically remind you about this. This just abomination of storytelling. All right, So your predictions. You think that Sena wins by Shenanigans or no Shenanigans, Well, I don't know which one. So Sina wins, but you're not sure if it's by Shenanigans or not. Either way, same result, I would agree, Becky Hogan, I mean Becky Lynch versus Lire Valkaria for the women's Intercontinental title. Becky Lynch wins. Okay, so far in lockstep DJ fatal four way for the US title. Jacob Fatu wins. Oh, that's right, it's a fatal four way. I don't know what the hell card I was looking at. I mean to be honest, it doesn't change my prediction. I looked at must and what I think. I looked at CBS Sports, Well, somebody needs to tell them. I thought that didn't seem right. It just said that it was a Jacob two versus l Knight, and I'm like, wait, what about Drew? And yeah, totally, yeah, you're right, Thank you, DJ. It's a fatal four way for the US title. However, doesn't change mine my pick. Jacob two wins. Absolutely, Yes, Solo could still get involved, but Drew should have a big night. I expect him to and expect this to be a kick ass match. Out of the entire car this one certainly stands out as if you're looking for pure wrestling in five star entertainment, this one is at the top of that list of expectations. Anyway, So gun there versus McAfee. Gunther wins. But does Goldberger Gilberg appear? Yeah, we are so far in the same space.
Speaker 4: DJ.
Speaker 5: I have fears about Goldberg. My fear is uh is there? And I know people are going to cheer. I understand that we are a generation sick with nostalgia. I mean it's an epidemic. We have a problem. We are the we must be the first generation to have a real problem with nostalgia. I mean, that's all. We're seeking it constantly, and it's I think a massive part of that is that we are the first generation to grow up with cell phones and be able to record our history digitally every step of the way, so you're able to constantly access your past and long for those days where no other generation that has ever existed in human history has been able to do that. So I think that's a massive, a massive reason and kind of a problem where we're always living in the past and never in the now. I mean, we're all guilty.
Speaker 4: I mean me too.
Speaker 5: I don't know how I got on that, but okay, Dirty Don versus Penta for the intercontinental title. Dirty Dom wins. Yeah, So okay, DJ, We're five for five on our picks and enjoy backlash as well. Happy Mother's Day. Thank you for reminding me of that. Yes, Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. Absolutely all right, So let's get to I don't know if I have another one. Actually, it might just be a couple of voicemails left, so I may be totally wrong, but I'm refreshing here and seeing if anybody is inside of Patreon and has any messages for me and no, we're good. Okay, So that means we're getting to the voicemails. We'll do that right now.
Speaker 3: I's a French guy here, you're current European champion.
Speaker 2: There's been a narrative going on in.
Speaker 3: WWE Executive as well as Triple H Dwayne, all those things, and also the fact that they are showing the writer room how they write the.
Speaker 2: Story and everything.
Speaker 3: Basically, they've been saying that, Okay, first, it's a story you didn't You don't have to take it that seriously, Okay, guys. And also that sometimes fans are supposed to act WWA the way they wants to. Okay, guys, it's not like that. Okay, WWE, you need to chill out. Fans act the way they want. Fans act the way they want. If they want to cheer some guy that is a heel, they will do so. If they cheer a guy, if they boo a face, it's the way they are. It's the way they react. You're losing the purposes of what is wrestling by saying the contrary. Basically, you're saying to people, Okay, guys, you need to chill out. You need to enjoy the product even if it's bad.
Speaker 7: Okay, no, we're not enjoying the product if it's bad, we're not enjoying a telling. If the guy is bad, we're not saying the guy. We're not cheering a guy if we don't want to. It's definitely this way around. It's not the other way around.
Speaker 3: It's not wwe saying, Okay, react this way, Okay, cheer and the guys and the fans aren't cheering.
Speaker 8: No, it's not this way. People the way they want. And that's a bottom that's the bottom line. That's the bottom line. Stop saying things like, Okay, you need to chill out, you need to react this way.
Speaker 2: No, it's not that way. People have the way they want.
Speaker 3: And if especially it's especially because it's not that serious, then we can be that vocal.
Speaker 2: Then we can be so passionate about that. It's because it's a fictional story.
Speaker 9: It's because if we criticize the talent, if we criticize a storyline, what happens, then Okay, the guy maybe not being pushed, The guy may be released.
Speaker 2: What's the worst that can that can happen?
Speaker 9: Exactly that there's no real consequences to all of us reacting the way we are.
Speaker 2: And it's especially because of.
Speaker 9: This that we can do so there's no arm enjoying entertainments, there's no arm being vocal about not being satisfied about entertainments.
Speaker 2: That's it, guys, fight Alex.
Speaker 5: I mean you preach, preach brother exactly. This is it's when when WWE says these things, they can't honestly believe that the fans sitting at home are going to go, oh, okay, I've been a bad little fan. Tell me what to do and I'll do it. Are you kidding? They have to know this will have the opposite effect. It just creates more divisiveness, that drives the wedge further between WWE and their fans in terms of trust and goodwill, because now you've essentially declared war on their free will to tell them when something's good or bad. And what it is I think is them simply being frustrated with the fans not going with what they're producing, especially the bigger angles not being happy with it, and their egos being bruised, and them telling themselves in these meetings that you know, oh, they're so simple, they're fickled, they're you know, the fly by the middle of the seat of their pants fans, they just yeah, probably insulting our intelligence and times and all that. I can imagine what's said behind closed doors about us. I'm sure they'll never show that on The Unreal Show, but it's to me, the Unreal Show is the final It's the final straw breaking k fabes back. It just it takes the the fun out of wrestling. I understand. No one's forcing you to watch it. I understand that you don't. It's not something that's a prerequisite to watch any of the programming. You gotta see Unreal before you watch any of this, or well, you know you're going to be imprisoned. No, but it's the principle behind it. It's the idea that they just have no shame anymore, that there's just no magic left, there's no magic where they just feel we can out of nowhere manufacture emotions for a story that we're told before the story and after the story that what we just watched isn't real, and we're supposed to continually invest our money in a product that is that they're telling us, well, here's how we made it. No, I don't want to see that they have no shame anymore. They can't truly believe anyone on earth and thinks pro wrestling is a true competitive sport where somebody out there is going, yeah, no, that's real. I don't believe it. No, no, no, that's real. Don't insult my intelligence or way past that. We're like forty years past that, we are decades, and we're generations past that. In fact, we've come to a point where insulting our intelligence is actually telling us that pro wrestling isn't real. Because now you're telling us that what you're showing us isn't real. But also invest in us, get into the story. React, be loud, but also be loud for things you know aren't real, and we'll remind you they're not real every chance we get with post shows, with the Unreal podca or the unreal documentary docuseries, We're going to show you everything. It's incredibly just, it's it's narcissistic and also just playing stupid on their part. To do that, they're undermining the last little bit of magic that there was imagining what's going on in these rooms and the discussions of how they plan things. I actually don't want to see that because the thing is also we are We're only going to see what they want us to see. They're not gonna see like truly being able to do it would be being able to have a live mic where fans have access at any time to just go in and listen to the actual meetings and go to their Zoom meetings and their whatever other boardroom meetings, have a live feed constantly going where they're not they don't know that it's going, so we can hear truly how things are done and what they say. But even that, I wouldn't want. I want some mystery. I want some kind of just some kind of magic left. And they constantly, at every turn, make sure that they don't do that, that they undermine their own product while we're watching the product. There's no other form of entertainment that does that. No TV show, no movie I know, no Broadway show, no local theater show does this. Only w W who says they'll do it in the interest of not insulting our intelligence while also insulting our intelligence by telling us what we're watching isn't real. Do you see the insanity here? It's it's uh, its next level stupidity or arrogance on their part or their their incessant need to make sure that they're not viewed as a wrestling company owned by TKO no longer than McMahons. And the McMahons had kind of a similar vision, but they weren't as you know, outward about it of running from the wrestling company term. But there was still some magic there. So all right, let's get to h DJ and we'll uh, we'll round things out.
Speaker 4: This is DJ coolsmell back at it again on your Mailbax show records.
Speaker 2: You live on a widsday board, and you know what time it is.
Speaker 5: It's time to see his name, man, he peers.
Speaker 2: I believe Joe Hendry. I believe in Joe Hendry.
Speaker 4: That's right, folks, Joe Hendry is his name. As I take it to my forty third episode of the Joid Report, L like always come into live from an on this closed location. As I take it to a live episode. That's right, folks, a live episode of Tina Purslak live from Irvin, California. As Joe Hendry opens the show, he mentions that he is still your Tday World Champion after successfully retaining the championship in the Triple Maine event against Frankie Gazarian and eat the page from T Day Rebellion, and then the crowd serenades with Happy Birthday Chance because it was Joe Hendry's birthday, so shout out to Joe Hendry, Happy Birthday brother. It was also the one hundred daymark, as Joe Hendry surpasses that mark as the TNA World Champion. But after all of those things, he shifts his focus back to Trick Williams, the same Trick Williams that attacked him at T Day Rebellion, and then he came to NXT to call out Trick Williams, but then we got Dark State and Ark State beat down on Joe Hendry. But on this episode of TJ Parrestling, Joe Hendry calls out Trick Williams once again because he has some unfinished business with him. Trick Williams music pops up, but then we don't see Trick Williams Indarita. We see him on the Jumble screen and he says that he's not in the bill, but he will be watching the main event match and he says, you better be careful because you know you got the little booboo that little shoulder injury on your right side, so you better be careful. As Trick Williams says to Joe Hendry, I will be seeing you very soon, and that very soon is later on in the show as we fast forward to the main event, and this made event was Joe Hendrick and the Hardys of Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy versus Frankie Kazariat and the Nemett Brothers of Ryan Nemett and Nick Nemett, the same Nemett Brothers that defeated the Hardys at TN Rebellion to become the new TNA Tag Team Champions. So we had this six man tag t match which lasted six minutes and forty eight seconds. We fast forward through the cost of this main evet match as Joe Henry goes for three separate fallaway slams, one to Frankie Gazarian, one to Ryan Nemant, and then one to Nick Nemt. As he's about to go for the standing ovation choke slam on Nick Nemett, here comes Trick Williams as he pulls Joe Hendry's leg. Then, as Jeff Hardy's about to go for the swan, Tom Baum and he sees Trick Williams because of what's going on outside of the ring. He gets distracted as Ryan Nemett pulls Jeff Hardy's leg and he falls down. And then all of a sudden, here comes the finish as none other than Nick Nemetck goes for the danger zone and one two three he gets pinned, Jeff Hardy gets pinned and FRANKI Gazarian and the nemet Brothers get the victory. Now, postmatch, once again we see Trick Williams oh for the trick shot on Joe Hendry at Lazer Bout. This is the second time that Trick Willis does this to Joe Hendry. Now we get an announcement that for the next event for tj Pares League, which is called T Day under Siege, which will be happening on May twenty third, live from Autorio, Canada, it will be Trick Williams at Frank GI gazariad versus Joe Hendry at Elijah at a tag team match and hopefully, just hopefully, Joe Hendry could get his heads on Trick Williams and he appeared last night on NXT. Joe Hendry was featured on three segments of this episode. The first segment, Joe Hendry was included in a six man tag team match of Joe Hendry and the NXT Tag Team champions Hank in Tank versus Dark State. The three members of Dark State Calter James, Dion Ennix and on Cyrus Griffin. This match lasted eleven minutes and forty two seconds. As we fast forward through the course of this match, after the way, Joe Hendry went for the followay slam on Colter James and then as he was about to go for this standing ovation choke slam on Colter James, here comes none of it in Trick Williams as he pulls Joe Henry and then Joe Hendry and Trick Williams brought outside of the ring into the backstage area. Given dark State the three on two advantage on Handkin Tank to get the victory via a pop up power bomb from Dial Nnix, and then Colter James goes for the cover on Tank and one two three Dark State get the victory. The second time that we saw Joe Henry on this episode was doing the twenty five man Battle Royal Number one Contenders match in which the winner would get a title opportunity against Obafemi at NXT Battleground which to be happening on May twenty fifth. Now, during the course of this battle Roy, we got the appearance of not just only Joe Henry, Elijah and as he says, who wants to walk with Elijah as he came to help out his friend Joe Hendry, but as none of the Trick Williams, it was eliminating both Rich Holland and Yoshiki. We saw Joe Henry up here as his music came on and Trick Williams got distracted, and then all of a sudden, Elijah eliminates Trick Williams and Trick Williams and Joe Henry brawl again as we had the security guards try to break these guys apart.
Speaker 2: Now we go to the third and final time that we.
Speaker 4: Saw Joe Henry on this episode of NXT, and that was in the backstage area as Ava Rain, the general manager of NXT, talking to Joe Henry and saying that she has had enough with his issues with him and Trick Williams and it needs to come to an end. So she spoke to the director authorities at teenage mister Santina Morella, and he mentioned that they have agreed to book a match of Trick Williams versus Joe Henry that'll be happening at NXT Battleground and that next week on NXT we're going to have a contract signing where finally, just finally, Joe Hendry can get his hands on Shrek Williams. Always remember to believe, say his name, Always remember the words that Joe Hendry says anytime, any place, at any show, and most simplely, most simporly, always remember, due to this strong sight sciencing, we believe to her. Once again, this is your guy, DJ COULSMO, have a blessed week, b kui to one of the stays in my friends, Believe and peace.
Speaker 5: You know, DJ, I think the wwe should give us some kind of royalty fee or some kind of promotional fee for all of the work we've done or you have done for letting us know about Joe Hendry. And sure we can go watch it ourselves, but let's be honest. The majority, the vast majority of fans are not keeping up with everything Joe Hendry does until he gets to the main run. A lot of times nobody pays attention until he gets the main roster, and now you're being able to lay the foundational work for when he does. And we can not just look at him from when he started in WWE, but look at his entire body of work prior to w WE, what he did in TNA, what do he did with Nicknamath and Trick williams now And sure he's been in and out of the main roster, but we all know eventually he's landing there and it's cool to hear everything he's doing. So thank you DJ. Hope you enjoy backlash. I will hopefully be in and out of that to discord chat and say hi to everybody, and let's get to our final voicemail.
Speaker 2: I believe.
Speaker 10: It's Kyle.
Speaker 6: I want to talk about this Becky Liraus situation. I feel like therees that I think Becky kind of needs to win, especially the need to but I think whatever is he kind of has Toway because I know that virus is super old. It means she's getting herself over because because she is worked with Becky, I feel like if she wins or she retains, then it's like, then, what what's next for Lyra's Icy Champion? Ultimately. I mean before I work with Becky, she's kind of met nothing all that interesting. I can't see her go out, you know, faceing doxide Julia. Right now, they're in a tax Tia situation. I think they end up going to the end up going to do uh brox stadd Julia versus living rotaels at the tack teas. I think that's where it's leading to. After when Roxas just said Galla last week, so I feel like, what's past week? I feel like Bell that's it's just the goal here. I feel like it's going to be Becky take the title from from uh Lyra and that's when Ny'll let have happened. I know that Becky as a heal. Is it really entertaining or does it? Does it work because it's a natural babyface, but to make it, I guess it go either way. If Lyra ver tas who did? What does she do after moving forward to feet with that is triggering and interesting for people to see her champions. I think that's why Becky's winning to it to seas going and have Becky seed with other baby Seas on the shelf. So I think that's what I make the title more agency as well. If Becky was the title to get people care about that belt. So that's why I feel like, thank he's winning, But I say Digital Cross Guy, thanks Kyle.
Speaker 5: No, that's kind of what I was alluding to as well. With what happens with Becky. If she loses, you know, like, then what I mean, Yeah, the momentum doesn't really make sense if she loses, because you have to have Lyra continue her momentum as and she's on the rise right now. But Becky Lynch also, yeah, where do you go from there?
Speaker 2: If she loses?
Speaker 5: It's like, well, yeah, she loses in and she's a heel, so does anyone really care? And as she just alluded to it, I did as well. The fact that she's a heel doesn't really ever feel natural. It just never will. But you know, she's trying and I can appreciate that, and she's doing the damn this that she can and has learned from her first heel run, so you think this one would be better, But that also depends on what her plan the w w's plans are for her. The best way to maximize the potential of her being successful in this second round as a heel is to have her as champion and win it in a way that is a little bit shady. That's how you do it, and have Lyra in chase mode. Baby Faces in chase mode almost are always in a better position than when they're holding the championship. Just look at Cody Rhodes Exhibit A. So many of you wanted Cody Rhods to win the championship and WrestleMania forty all the story, the story, the story, he does it, and then he had, let's be honest, objective, a very underwhelming kind of boring, not bad, just boring. One year run with it, name one awesome moment that he had as champion. As champion, now there's not a lot of those. So oftentimes baby faces in chase mote are much more fun. So that's I'm kind of on board, So everybody look enjoy Backlash. I'll be on Twitter or x a lot. I tend to give my feelings as the show goes on and give my quick comments and feedback. So follow me on X at Wrestling Underscore Audio or search the WWE podcast both ways on the verified one that's spending fifty bucks a month to be on premium. Yes, the X has gotten to a point where being on a verified member on Premium Plus is fifty fing dollars a month, So I got a really way if that's really worth it or not. You do get some pretty big perks with you know, some boost invisibility of your posts and things, but like, I don't know, that's something I'm going to have to decide if that's worth it or not anymore, because fifty bucks a month is pretty damn significant. Anyway, not my problem, that's not your problem. Rather that's mine. I hope everybody enjoys backlash Again, if you want to converse with me, I'll try to be in the Discord chat a little bit and again on x as well, and then i'll post my review on Sunday unless something crazy happens, and of course i'll be on late Saturday night and giving my review. So we'll have to see how that works out. But I think it'll be a fun show. When we come out of it, we'll all be, I think, pleasantly surprised at the results and the match quality. So everybody, thank you so much. Want to go on Patreon, good time to do it. On top of the Discord server, you get everything ad free right now, and it's a seven day free trial as well on Apple and Patreon if you want to go add free, but try it before you buy it. So thank you everybody, take care, Thanks for.
Speaker 10: Listening to the WWE podcast. Don't forget to subscribe on your favorite podcast app so you don't miss a show, or head to wwepodcast dot com and for all of these shows ad free, head over to Patreon dot com slash WWE podcast.
Speaker 2: Until then, we'll see you next time.