Speaker 1: That's right. It is seven five here Kentucky at his morning news with Coffee and Company on news Radio eight forty whas one thing that has been mentioned throughout the morning. I believe just about everybody here in the area Kentucky, in a region, I should say, is back to school. So I think regardless if you are, and I guess every kid's different situations are certainly different. It's not like everybody is in the same boat. But if you are a teacher, a student potentially, but certainly a parent, this is a good day, right, I've learned and I totally get it now. But when your kids are in school, it gives you a little more consistency as far as the routine, and that always is a bonus, at least for me it is. So I'm sure kids will get tired of school. I'm sure teachers and administrators will have headaches, and which summer break could get here soon, But there's something still exciting about going back to school. And my son is starting his first day of kindergarten today and I'm hoping he has a great day. And I don't remember being as excited as he is once he realizes this is now an everyday thing for the rest of your youth up to eighteen. He'll probably have many days like I did, and many of you probably did as well, where you didn't want to go to school. But he is fired up to start kindergarten. He's got his new backpack, got his lunch box, got some new shoes he's gonna wear. He got to meet his teacher. They did something called kindergarten kindergarten camp or kindergarten kindergarten kickoff, which it was the thing back in my day. I didn't go to it, but that I think can go a long way for kids who might be scared to be dropped off and be around people they don't know. But he's excited, and I'm excited for him, but also kind of sad because you know, it's a step in the growth of your kids.
Speaker 2: This is kind I was gonna ask you this question. This kind of feels like whenever you're youngest goes off to school for the first time, your last of however many kids you have now you have too, Is this the first level of like empty nesting, because of course there's not gone from living in your house, but this is a different level of things.
Speaker 1: I totally know what you mean. I don't know if I don't know if others would call it empty nesting, but no, yes, because now I mean it's there for the rest of the way. They're in the school system, right, And yeah, I just am happy that we no longer have to pay for daycare. I mean, look, I don't want to act as if we were. We were paying you know, a criminal amount, and a lot of people have. It's been something you don't really consider. At least, we couldn't consider not having it, right, like we weren't going to make decisions to wear Okay, well, you know we do enough, We do well enough with our careers, and most people do to where they just decided, well, you know what, I'm going to quit my job because I need to be able to you know, I won't have to pay for daycare. So some people do make that decision, and depending upon your situation, maybe that makes sense for you. But when something just becomes a and this is a lot of things when it comes to children, it's not a decision as far as can you afford it. You simply have to do it. You have to you have to make it work. So we've been doing that with both kids for a while now, and we'll still rely on people to help us with kids and whatnot, but just the actual daycare expense. And I'm sure many parents, certainly around my age range can relate, and I'm sure many parents that are a lot older than me can relate when that no longer is I mean, it's like paying off a substantial bill that is there every month, and that's a freeing feeling, and it's almost like, you know, because it's never and my wife's more so keeping up with this than me, But I haven't been like, oh man, I can't wait to the day I no longer have to pay for daycare. Some people do that with student loans, can't wait till it's paid off. Some people do that with their mortgage. They can'tait till it's paid off, because clearly it's just going to give you more money that is available to you that doesn't go towards that expense. And with childcare, I mean, that's a big expense. So yeah, that's the benefit of it. But also, you know, we used to he went to daycare at the same place, and his last day there was the friday before we left for vacation. He went to daycare at the same place for the majority of his life up until I mean, I think he was maybe three months old when he started. And they have an app where you can just track everything, and I'm sure a lot of daycares that your children are in have an app they used that probably is the same one that the daycare we went to had, and it gives you updates and it gives you pictures, and he quite literally grew up from three months old to now with a few of these kids, and we've got to know him close. And that's that's kind of the sad aspect of it, because like I would love to check in on the app and see they posted a video of Moose dancing around because he's he's that kind of guy, good vibes guy, good energy guy. And for those who don't know, my son's name is not Moose, but that's that's what we call him. And it's not an interesting story. He just was a really fat baby and I tried to pick him up and hand him to his mother and I nearly dropped him and I said, he's a moose and then it just stuck. But anyways, happy back to school for everybody. I know JCPS, of course, has been back in school since late last week. Same thing with some others around here. In fact, a couple of weeks in school now for some Southern Indiana school districts. So I'm I'm sure they may be ones that are more so already over school being back, right because that new back to school feeling, the freshness that comes with it, it can become pretty stale quick, especially whenever you're getting adjusted to the sleep schedule. I think if you're excited but for the first day of school, you may not be as tired and out of it. But if you were like me when I was young, especially in my teenage years, it was up all night, sleep till one two pm. And that was just my cycle. And then when I got back to school, I paid for it initially. But yeah, keep in mind, with everybody back in school for the most part, roadways more busy, and Bobby Ellis will tell us how the roadways are looking up to this point. Also we'll get a look at the forecast for Matt Melosa bitch that's coming your way here in just a moment. But what I want to get to next. I thought it was a really, really good interview yesterday, because that's what Terry Miners does. He does good interviews. He's Terry Miners for crying out loud. But he had Metro Councilman Anthony, which again I keep butchering his name, it's Pageantini, and I thought the conversation about a lot of things, including shock probation. I encourage you to check it out. But there's a specific clip from this interview that I want to play with you, as Pageantini kind of tells us about the state dragging their feet to get a juvenile detention center back opened up in Louisville. And I don't know who could debate that that's not needed and very much necessary right now with violent crime committed by juveniles in this city. So we'll hear that next right here on news radioaight forty whas we are rolling along here on a Tuesday morning, it is Coffee and Company Kentucky in his morning news with you here on News Radio eight forty whas. Appreciate you hanging out with us, and also I appreciate my friends over at the Louisville Men's Clinic. I know you've heard about them. They've been around for over ten years, and there's been some I guess potential competitors that come and go because they don't do what the Louivill Men's Clinic does. They've got a physician on staff who is phenomenal. I can speak to that from us. I mean, I give you first in experience, doctor Wood as a pro and they helped me when it comes to low testosterone. First of all, just learning about what it is and how common it can it can be as an issue for people, but there's also a lot of other ways they can help you. I mean when it comes to rectile tosfunction, believe it or not, Fellas, that's a real thing and it will likely hit you at some point. Maybe not, but if it does. Louis Men's Clinic that's where you need to turn because they have a variety of ways to treat it and they stand by what they do intimacy guarantee. If you don't perform, you don't pay. So check them out lovel Men's Clinic dot com or give them a call FABO to four four four four thousand. All right, so we have got some clips I want to play for you guys, but I'm going to hold that off a little bit until around seven thirty five, just to make sure I give myself enough time there. But we'll continue at least just the convo about shock probation and should it even exist, because I am not against someone giving the someone giving a chance to rehabilitate themselves and potentially turn their life around. And then, of course hopefully they don't have to, it's not a requirement, but then become an example and maybe share their story to encourage others how they can do the exact same thing. That's the best case scenario. Once. Of course, you have people that have committed violent crimes that need to be held accountable by going to prison, But when it comes to those that have had many chances, or maybe just two chances, and they continuously show that they are still a threat to the community and a threat to society. Not only are they not deserving of not honoring the true sentence that was given to them, it's reckless to the community to have these individuals back out on the street where they're committing violent crime. And that is certainly what happened here with the armand Langford situation last Friday, and we now know there's there's a in John Shannon this is this is the Kentucky Safe Act. Is that what it's called. The bill that was put in place.
Speaker 3: House Bill six, I believe was safe Safer Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Safe to Kentucky. So that's now in place now, which is good where you're going to people like Langford would have had to serve about eighty five percent of his sentence. So clearly, timing's just not on our side. That's that's a step in the right direction. However, you know, it's just it's it's really, as I spin my wheels here upstairs in my brain once again, I just can't understand how even despite the mint, you know, the scenario of his mental issues either way put him in the thought that somebody that somebody made the decision that this guy was deemed safe to exist in society is flat out reckless.
Speaker 3: I agree, and you know he was. He was convicted several charges. Twenty two is the report I saw twenty two separate ATM Robberies throughout Louisville is what he was supposed to be serving that fourteen year sentence for robbery.
Speaker 1: Robbery, a violent crime that will leave a lasting traumatic impact on most individuals, even if they're not harmed. I mean, there's a reason that you can. You're just robbing somebody without any violence, any harm done physically, you will still serve prison time, most likely for good reason.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I look, I'm not saying that we should get rid of shock probation and people shouldn't get fair chances, and not saying everybody should just be locked away forever. But two ways here. Not only are these some of these individuals not deserving of it's it's it's reckless and dangerous to this community. And we've had it happen again. That's why that bill passed because clearly it was an issue.
Speaker 3: But hey, it's especially about for a city that's trying to one boast about the crime rate coming down and putting in all these initiatives to make the city safer.
Speaker 1: Yep, no doubt, no doubt. All right, we've got traffic, weather, and sports coming. You were right here our news radio way forty whas. That's right, it's Coffee and Company Kentucky and his morning news here our news radioaight forty whas. Thanks for hanging out with us here on a Tuesday morning. So yesterday, Terry Miners, he had a special guest on to discuss a variety of things, including the issue that we have in Louisville among many with violent crime and that being committed bychildren, and the issue, to me, is not going to make any real improvement with the way things are currently set up. And Metro Councilman Anthony Piagentini, I thought, really laid out something that I'll admit ignorance on my part just wasn't totally aware of as far as just the state dragging their feet on there being a juvenile detention center here in Louisville, and I just to me, it's quite obvious nobody's responsible for these children. We had to have our police chief break news essentially, and I say that tongue in cheek, but the fact that it needed to be set out loud is telling where we are that Hey, parents, the kids that you have that you brought into the world, Yeah, you're responsible for them, but they're not doing their part. They're not being responsible and that has led to these kids getting locked up, but then somebody just coming and getting them and then they're right back out in the streets committing violent crimes again. And you've got gangs probably being able to utilize these children as well to do a lot of the legwork in their world of violent crime. And I just thought the interview as a whole is worth checking out for sure. But here here's a little clip that I thought was worth worth sharing here on the show this morning.
Speaker 5: Where are we on this juvenile justice situation? We have lots of I mean, last week we had a guy shooting down a street where kids were waiting for school. But he's a kid. Yeah, yeah, a senter age person. What's going on there?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So so again, I'll come back to the city has been doing everything we can. We need everybody else to be doing their flipping job, all right, Juvenile justice is the job of the state. Okay, our juvenile justice facility for you know, very long story seven years ago shut down, right budgetary issues between us and the state.
Speaker 5: And people have told me that kids that are under age that get arrested, they just get held and then somebody comes and picks them up and they can be back out committing more crimes twenty minutes later.
Speaker 4: And our erect correct now there is ability to transition some of them and hold them longer, but the process is so bad that a lot of times the judges and the police and everybody. They really have no other options to the judges instead of doing that, process will go ahead. And again to some degree they feel I'm not picking on them wholly because the process sucks so bad. So three years ago, the state General Assembly allocated tens of millions of dollars to build to renovate and reopen the juvenile justice facility. Here the deal of the state, because it's the state's job. They are going to run it. Right. We committed as Metro government to add on additional ancillary services right around education and other wrap around services for the kids that are there. But the state needs to run it. They need to own the building, run the building, and then have the guards.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: That is their job. That's what they do. When every other of the one hundred and nineteen counties in this state, and we're the most populous by far, to this day, we have no clue when that is going to open, and I can one hundred and I'm telling you right now again, I said the count we need the county attorneys to step up and get more serious about crime and stop pleading everything under the sun. When you transparency on what judges are doing related to shock probation Governor Andy Basher, somebody will have to explain to me, considering how many votes he got from Jefferson County to get him elected, what are we getting out of it? Exactly. I'm not one hundred percent sure, and after tens of millions of dollars being allocated, I don't we have no clue. I'm an elected official here, I'm the head of the minority caucus. I'm in leadership and metro government. I don't have a bloody clue when that's going to be opened. I've been told it's still years and I mean more than two away from ever seeing the light of day. And I can tell you it's because he has a Department of Juvenile Justice leader who has a philosophical belief that kids should never be in jail. Right, of course, I can guarantee that person and the people making the decision in Frankfurt don't live anywhere near a neighborhood that's been terrorized by juveniles shooting each other.
Speaker 1: That last part there, I think is is I mean, that was the most powerful part of that little clip, that the people who are with the state being the one that put this whole thing in motion. They're not experiencing it in any way like we are in Louisville. Not a chance. And that's I mean, that's they're not exposed to it. We are. So I've got more thoughts on that. We'll get to that coming up in just a moment. However, do you want to tell you guys about my good friend Bob's secoler And I know, right now, when it comes to buying or selling a home, you're thinking to yourself, Oh, I don't know, yike's probably the worst time to do it. Well, you you're probably wrong. I mean, I guess everybody's situation is different, but interest rates don't let that scare you from taking advantage of what you could really really capitalize on when it comes to the value of your home. So, right now, with the market being what it is and the headlines creating a lot of stress and just making it seem as if timing is terrible, it's important to have a trusted resource right by your side, like the Cecolar team at Remax Properties East. So if you're looking to buy a home again, now could actually be a great time, believe it or not. In a market like this, you might find yourself with more negotiating power and facing far less competition. And if you thinking about selling, you want to make sure your home is priced right for faster results, and nobody does that better than the Secolar team. Bob will come to your house, no charge, no obligation, walk through everything you need to know and give you honest feedback about what matters and what doesn't. He'll help you understand what your home is truly worth in today's market, and you can actually right now get a baseline estimate at we sell Louisville dot com. That's we sell Louisville dot com. There is still a strong demand for your property. Don't just take my word for it. Google the Secolar team that's s ok O l E R. You can give Bob a call directly five O two three seven six live. That's five O two three seven six by four eight three. We are rolling along here on a Tuesday morning. Thanks for joining us if you are just now joining us, and thanks for hanging out if you've been with us. It is Kentucky and his Morning News with Coffee and Company here on News Radio eight forty whas. So this is something that I that I I'm sure many people in the city of Kansas City are unhappy about. But I don't really like this guy. So therefore, Zach Bryan, he is a musician that I think is still very popular, and I think he's talented. He's a little too A lot of his songs sounds the same, sound the same for me. But I mean, clearly he's got a I mean, I'm in the minority here because clearly he's got a huge, huge fan base. And I believe, and I don't know this for certain, but John, you could probably help me out a little bit here. It didn't it believe that he was a huge factor, among many other factors as to why Bourbon and Beyond last year at that time was such a big ticket because he might have been at as his peak.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I mean they had a lot of really good headliners, but he was. He was the cream of the crop when it comes to acts that they had last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's again, he's still probably selling out any arena, any stadium he wants to do because he has that big of a fan base. But to me, he seems pretty unlikable just the perception that you get from him on social media and interviews, and I don't know him as a person, but he had I mean, he'll get on he'll get on Twitter and get in fights with randos, which is just I mean that of all people, I mean, you would think like there's a lot of layers to that one. Are you bored? Also, like there are people that just are now going to try to get a reaction out of you because they know that you're you're engaging with the trolls, will bring more trolls. That's just how it works. But anyways, he is a big time Philadelphia Eagles fan despite being from I believe, Oklahoma, and he hates the Kansas City Chiefs and he has fans that at times love his music, but they love the Chiefs and they've got to they gotta, you know, they it's it's a interesting to me. That wouldn't bother me. Like for example, if there was a musician an artist that I love their music and I knew they hated U of l. It wouldn't change anything about me as far as I mean, I wouldn't take that personal because you know, I get it. But it's different in the NFL, and clearly there are some Chiefs fans that just don't like it and they want their favorite artists to stop bashing their favorite team, and he claims he'll never do it. And he's now said that he will never ever ever perform in the city that is Kansas City. And he's kind of shown some signs of pettiness throughout his career to where like I believe him, Like I don't think he's just saying it to have fun on the internet, like I think he's being He's being genuine. But he's declared war on Kansas City musically speaking, by claiming that he'll never play there ever again because of his ongoing back and forth with Chiefs fans, which again I don't couple of things here. One, this is just unusual behavior for a musician that is this popular. But also, I mean, most people want to bring in fans of all shapes and sizes, forms, whatever, right, But he's made it clear in some of his posts on x that he doesn't care if anybody from Kansas City ever listens to his music again, which is just it's odd. And you know, I'm sure if you're a Kansas City native and you want to see him in concert, you're you're bummed. Or maybe if you're a Kansas City native and you're a fan. Maybe now you're no longer a fan. But there've been some other musicians over the years that have had issues with certain in certain cities. More often than not, it's usually somebody just gets banned because they're like Marylynd Manson. He had planned shows in Salt Lake City, Utah, and Columbia, South Carolina that eventually just you know, they couldn't. They couldn't, they couldn't take place because of what takes place at a Marilyn Manson show. But we'll take a look at that later because there's a list of cities and musical acts artists that have feuded over very silly things. All right, we've got another update of trafficking weather coming your way right here, right now. Bobby Ellis will tell us how the roadways are looking this morning. Mat Melosavitch will get us caught up on the forecast, and we'll get another update on sports with Scott Fitzgerald right here on New's Radio forty whas