Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty Friday Nights with not.
Speaker 2: A Daila Cruz.
Speaker 3: Hello, mo I got a little distracted because I saw Mojo's.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah to wall us back with the food. Okay, let's go to break lat.
Speaker 5: It's pie pie pie.
Speaker 2: Ah, there you go.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, happy Friday.
Speaker 3: It is time for discover SoCal And during my visit I went to the Pasadena Museum of History.
Speaker 5: It was absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 3: I had the pleasure of exploring the their fascinating exhibit, which is called one hundred Years, one Hundred Images Now. The collection brings Pasadena's past to life through a century's worth of powerful photographs. The images capture everything from historic street scenes to key moments in the city's cultural and social evolution. It's a visual time capsule that reflects how Pasadena has grown while preserving its deep rooted charm.
Speaker 5: The exhibit also.
Speaker 3: Highlights the artistry of local photographers, which is beautiful. They also each image tells a unique story, whether it's the early days of the Rose Parade, historic architecture, or everyday life in different eras. Some of the features artists, some of The featured artists include local journalists and independent photographers whose work helped shape the way Pasadena was seen and remembered.
Speaker 5: The variety of.
Speaker 3: Perspective adds depth to the experience, making it more than just a history lesson. It is a true celebration of Pasadena's identity. Now, the museum itself of the historic Fenyes Estate, which dates back to nineteen oh five, was built by doctor Albert Fenyz and his wife Eva Scott muse Fenyes, that's a long name, yes, Emva Scott mus Fenyas. The grand mansion was once a hub of Pasadena's elite, and when you look at it from the outside it you could just imagine how it was in that era. Now, Eva was also an artist and a traveler, and she filled the home with artwork and cultural artifacts, some of which remain on display today. Years later, the estate was passed down to their granddaughter, Leonora Babsy Curtin and her husband here's another big mouthful of a name, Yiro Alfred Palogemio, a Finnish diplomat.
Speaker 5: Now, in nineteen seventy they.
Speaker 3: Generously donated the property to the city, ensuring its history would be preserved for future generations and for just nine dollars nine dollars, visitors can explore this unique slice of Pasadena's past while the mansion was closed because they have an upcoming special event. During my visit, the exhibit alone was worth the trip, and whether you're a history lover, an art enthusiast, enthusiast, or just looking for something different to do on a weekend, I highly suggest the Pasadena Museum of History. You could log onto Pasadenahistory dot org. That's Pasadenahistory dot org for more information. The exhibit is in town till September fourteenth, twenty twenty five. Do check their calendar and coming up in Jah next week which is the first day of spring, March twentieth. They have The Most Human Reconciling with my father, Leonard Nimoy and Adam Nimoy from seven to eight thirty. It's his memoir The Most Human and discover how the son of Spock from Star Trek learned to navigate his unstable relationship and now he was finally able to reconcile with his father and himself. And that event is eighteen dollars, but you have to reserve your ticket, so it's it's really a little bit of everything at this museum. But I highly suggest that you go to their website because they have different events and once again it's the Pasadena Museum of History, four seven zero West Walnut Street in Pasadena. Are also allowed if you pay for the entrance to the museum. You're also allowed to walk on the premises as well, and you cannot take pictures without a permit because sometimes you know people, right. But it's gorgeous and beautiful, and I could just just.
Speaker 5: Standing in front of that mansion.
Speaker 3: I could just see all the just the dresses and the attire and the celebrities of that era and just imagining just you know, just kind of like like if you were there in a way like that era of the Great Gaspion a way with all the flapper dresses and you know, just beauty, just absolutely beautiful. Now I didn't get to go, like I said, inside, because they're getting preparing, they're preparing for an event. But I did get to see the pictures online. Stunning house, stunning great art collection, just a lot of history there.
Speaker 4: I love it because you remind me of what is right in our backyard that I don't even think about, but it may inspire so many people to visit because we overlook a lot, because there's so much that's bombarding us and vying for our attention, and there are truly some great places to discover right where we live already, and.
Speaker 5: We don't go to it.
Speaker 3: That's the funny part, right, That's why we do this, right, you know, And like we've said a million times before, we only go to certain places when we have people visiting from out of town and it's so sad. They want to go, and they want to go, and you're like, well, i've never been there, Sure let me go. You know, I haven't been to the It's on my list to go before the end of the month.
Speaker 5: The Ronald Reagan. I think it's the library.
Speaker 3: I am dying to go, and I that's that's on my bucket list.
Speaker 4: I haven't you know what, I haven't been to the Reagan Library. I've been to the Nixon Library, but I haven't been to the Reagan Library.
Speaker 5: Where's the Nixon Library.
Speaker 4: It's in Orange County. I can't take I went out there for an event. Actually it was Bruno Serrato Katerina's Club, their annual event out there oh, wonderful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was good. It was got to be able to take my mom and my wife. It was. It was a really good evening.
Speaker 5: Oh that's wonderful.
Speaker 3: Once again, if you'd like to go Pasadena Museum of History, log onto Pasadenaistory dot org.
Speaker 5: Coming up, we do have the hint and jem.
Speaker 3: But before we go to break, I want to say he's not here today, but happy birthday to Pedro Moreno.
Speaker 4: Oh today he's twenty five, so that's why he's off tonight.
Speaker 5: Yes, I checked.
Speaker 3: We follow each other on Instagram and I was like, oh, it's your birthday. I was like, I doubt he's going to be there, but I'm gonna wish him a happy birthday. So happy birthday, Pedroo Moreno.
Speaker 2: I have to reach out to birthday. You had to just show off this bilingual showing everybody else.
Speaker 3: You know, pie, pie Pie. You gotta tell a story where we're done with their hind and jem.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, we can tell it right now, right right, go ahead, tell it.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is a pie day, Pi day.
Speaker 3: But you were talking about pies and just food and then I don't know, I thought of in sync and said of the song Bye Bye, I said, pottypode Pie Pie.
Speaker 4: You're gonna do the choreography and the moves and everything.
Speaker 5: I don't really know it. I'm sorry, really no, I.
Speaker 2: Don't ask you bad. Kim six forty we live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: When we come back, we'll have Donica de la Cruz give us her hidden gym for the week.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: And it's Friday Nights with Man at the de La Cruz. We're live everywhere the iHeartRadio App.
Speaker 4: In fact, we are instagram live right now on this weekend with Nick m.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you very much, Nick, I appreciate that. All right, it's time for the Hidden Jam. Today's Hyden jem is Victoria Vicky Velos. Vicky Velos had always loved fashion. As an assistant costume designer in the bustling Los Angeles film industry that we're in, she was constantly surrounded by racks of glamorous outfits, designer shoes, and accessories that could transform anyone into a star. But outside of work, her passion for clothing turned into something else, an addiction to shopping, she bought.
Speaker 5: Dresses she never wore, shoes that never.
Speaker 3: Left the box, and jackets that stayed buried in the back of her closet. It all came to a head one evening when she heard this loud crack. The wooden bar in the closet had snapped in half under the weight of her overflowing wardrobe. That was the moment she knew she had a problem, and I'm sure some women can relate. Determined to change, Vicky decided to do an early round of spring cleaning as she shorted through.
Speaker 5: As she sorted through her.
Speaker 3: Clothes, she found countless items with price tags still attached, pieces that were out of season, things that didn't fit her anymore or simply was in her style. She realized she had spent thousands of dollars on things she never even used. Like so many women, she often stood in front of her overflowing closet and thought, I have nothing to wear, and I know fellas have heard that before. But this time, instead of tossing everything into the trash, she wanted to do something good with it. Then that's when she discovered Planet Aid, a nonprofit organization that collects and recycles new and use clothing to support environmental and humanitarian efforts around the world. Planet Aid makes it easy for people to give their clothing a second life. The organization places donation bins in the cities across the county where people can drop off unwanted clothes and shoes instead of ending up in the landfills. These items are sorted, reused, and or repurpose to fund programs that improve education, health and community development and struggling regions. Their mission is to reduce waste, promote sustainability, and provide resources to those and needs. Fast fashion and excessive consumerism have led to a staggering levels of clothing waste in America, and here are some eye opening facts. The average American throws away eighty one pounds of clothing each year, eighty five percent of textiles end up on landfields instead of being recycled, and the fashion industry is responsible for nearly ten percent of global carbon emissions. Thanks to Planet Aid, Vicki was able to turn her shopping habit into something positive. She now has decluttered and she now thinks twice before making a purchase, and she also asks herself do I need it? Do I have room in my closet and is it necessary. So for more information visit planetaid dot org. And in some areas you will see the yellow bins by a store or maybe a shopping center and some other companies also they provide the same service. The bins are either red or green. So I I want to say that spring is coming up. Spring cleaning is around the corner. The first day of spring is March twentieth, which is next week. So if you have extra clothes that you know don't fit you, or you want to donate, or they're out.
Speaker 5: Of season, even if they have a price.
Speaker 3: Tag and you know that you're never gonna wear it, go ahead and donate it. And for more information, please log onto planetaid dot org.
Speaker 2: So you're not a clothes horse.
Speaker 5: You know what? I plead the fifth mode.
Speaker 3: No, actually I used to be, but I now have downside. I live in a one bedroom, one bath and I have a small closet. So I have really condensed and I've really enjoyed the minimalism life.
Speaker 4: Well, my wife downsizees me because for some reason, every time I walk into the closet, I have less room and she has more room. Okay, And there's certain articles of clothing I can can't seem to find for some.
Speaker 5: Reason, they've gone missing.
Speaker 2: They've gone Yes, they are missing.
Speaker 4: I don't want to point fingers at anyone and make assumptions like someone's throwing out my clothes.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying I can't find them. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But let me ask you this, because this is an infamous line, and I'm sure Mark and Steph and Nick have heard when a woman says I have nothing to wear, you do have stuff to wear.
Speaker 5: You just don't like what you have in your closet. That's what it is.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 4: It's no different than saying, you know, we got forty five different streaming services, and maybe we have a streaming live TV provider and we say there's nothing on.
Speaker 5: TV right exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but look, I understand I can generalize. Women's relationship with clothes is different from ment. Mark and I were similar in respect. I have almost an uniform. I wear some blue, some black, some gray, and we'll leave it at that, and ver we want to get spicy, I'll throw in some brown. I save my dressing up from when I'm doing TV or I'm going out for the evening, I'll put on a suit or something like that.
Speaker 2: Other than that, it's all about comfort or.
Speaker 5: Date night as well. But you know, I'm just saying if you have a date night with you.
Speaker 3: But you know what with the funny part of when I was talking to Victoria or Vicky, she was telling me her story and one of my best friends, she lives in a two bedroom with her daughter, and the same thing. She said, she was watching TV and she heard this loud like crack and she could not find where it came from.
Speaker 5: She was like, something hit my window, blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: And she said the next morning when she went to pick something out for work, that was she found all her clothes on the floor.
Speaker 5: She was like, oh, that was the loud noise.
Speaker 3: And you know, those wood bars could only take so much weight. But sometimes I believe in hey, every season, let's go through, go through your closet, go through your closet and just clean out some stuff.
Speaker 4: I try to get better with that because there's things that I can look and realize I'm never gonna wear that again. I'm not you know, whether I'm holding onto it because I want to lose ten pounds or something and wear it, or.
Speaker 2: It's not in style.
Speaker 4: I'm not ever going to wear it. And then I try to either take it to the goodwill or something, but it's not going to stay in the closet. I try to declutter every year, and I don't like to hold on to things.
Speaker 3: And you know, when you're driving around, like I said, Planet Aid is the yellow bins.
Speaker 5: They're really bright, like right, yellow bin. But they also have the green bins, and they also have these red binds.
Speaker 3: So if you you know, if you if you see one, like sometimes you'll see one in a shopping center where there is like a seven eleven, or if you see one and go, hey, I have some you know, clothes to donate, let me drop them off over here.
Speaker 5: So they go.
Speaker 3: It's for a very good cause, and it's good to you know, kind of repurpose our clothes and repurpose the things that we're just not going to use anymore.
Speaker 2: See Mark, you got all the reason now to clean out your closet. I wouldn't know where to start it because everything is the same. Yes, we're men of few.
Speaker 5: Choices, right, I love it.
Speaker 2: Stephan? What about you?
Speaker 4: Are there things that you're holding on to for a little bit too long? No, I actually I had that conversation with Nautika. When I recently had a little move, I got rid of anything or donated anything that I'm never gonna wear again. And then you know, I never wear pants, so it's always shorts for me. Yeah, how do you do that? Where did that come from? Was that something that just started when you were a youth?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: When I was a kid and I just and I run hot in general, and everyone asked me like, oh, so you must be from the East Coast and I'm like, nope, born and raised in LA But yeah, the only time I'm gonna wear shorts, it's got to be really hot. And obviously I'm not at work, I mean out on rare occasions in the summer, I wear shorts to work, and that was more function of doing the weekend show because it was the weekend weekend. Yeah, but coming in in the office like I'm just not gonna wear shorts, You'll find me ninety nine times out of one hundred in a collar style shirt.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna wear a T shirt. That's just me.
Speaker 4: So not even at Chateau lemo you know, rock shorts. I'm trying to think some years I have some years.
Speaker 2: I haven't. Okay, but that was the fourth of July. Okay, fair enough.
Speaker 3: You did rock shorts last summer when it was like one hundred and fourteen and one hundred and ten.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you showed your chicken legs and they were good.
Speaker 2: They excuse me, excuse me, excuse me. They're not chicken legs. They've been doing thousands and thousands of kicks. You know.
Speaker 5: See how they treated it here. I love it.
Speaker 2: I'm just furniture.
Speaker 5: We love you.
Speaker 6: How is it?
Speaker 2: Okay? Now, I'm gonna come to your defense for just a moment. Not a Taylor cruise.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, Stephan is laughing his ass off, and he still don't get a rim shot.
Speaker 2: It's just just like, what what the hell is it?
Speaker 6: What are we doing here? It's an after but it's an afterthought. There's that we have a system here. It's about principles. It's principalities. If someone says something funny, you get him rim shot.
Speaker 2: That's your job.
Speaker 4: It's literally says that I forgot Yeah, okay, it's in the work details.
Speaker 2: Marcus given up on you. I have not given up on you yet.
Speaker 1: Heller, you're listening to later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty