Speaker 1: Hey, what has happened? And what is up? Hold at your glass because I'm about to fill it up. Hey, guys, if you are over to the sign of my voice, this means you are an All Access Pass subscriber. And I told you, guys, I had two or three documentaries already recorded, but I wanted to get the book finished before I started on these. So here is a part for you, guys. I'm giving you access to a full interview that I'd done with a gentleman at Serpent Mound. Okay, I'm gonna be using some of these clips in the coming documentary. But since you are an All Access Pass subscriber, not only do you get early access, you get full access to this interview that I'm gonna be using clips for this documentary. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the journey.
Speaker 2: Guys, Well the boss, just introduce yourself and what do you do, and just gotch a shop and just give us a little background.
Speaker 3: All right. I'm Thomas Johnson originally from Detroit, Michigan, and came to Ohio in nineteen seventy eight to pursue a career in fossils. So I've been doing research and selling fossils since I was a little kid, but this part of Ohio was exceptional for prime specimens of our state fossil, which is a trial byte. So I've been doing research on that for a long time and work with different museums and institutions. And we live on the edge of an asteroid crater here, so we're constantly doing tours for different groups show them the geology and what can be found in a crater. And then of course it's close to Serpent Mound, which is inside the crater, so you get a lot of interests that way. People are always looking for new things to do and explore, and it's just a perfect spot to be.
Speaker 4: Right us about your shop and some of your art here. Because I noticed the guys will see because I took plenty of pictures. You got a beautiful, big fit that we're actually sitting on right now.
Speaker 3: Right the deck is sitting right on the back of that. But when I moved here, I measured the size of this shop. It was actually just an old foundation from a tannery back in eighteen fifty and I measured it and it actually was exact size in length as a gallery that I had down at the Smithsonian, and I had loaned them a collection back in the eighties, and they built galleries for my collection, and the one main gallery happened to be forty four feet long, which is just what my building is now. So I bought this house and reconstructed the exhibit here and so people can come and see part of the Smithsonian here in so it's kind of cool. Put the Rock Shop, we sell minerals and fossils from all over the world, and of course you get a lot of people that are coming in looking at paranormal stuff. And we're in an area that has a lot of magnetic anomalies coming out of the ground from the asteroid crater and a fault line that goes down the road in front of us, and so it creates these anomalies and it allows things to come through, so you see, you know, some people call them Doppler gainers. I could be in the shop right now waiting on people, but yet I'm up here. That kind of thing happens, so it's not just to me though, it happens to everybody. So and then you know, the magnetic anomalies affect cars, computers, batteries, navigational devices, so it's kind of a unique area to enter. Plus a lot of people can feel that energy. I'm not really I don't really feel that, but a lot.
Speaker 1: Of people do.
Speaker 3: And then Serpent Mountain is also a place where people come to get a restart, so it's about rebirth. The people that built it were sun worshippers, the mountain builders, and they were into farming, so they had to mark their solstice and equinoxes. And then this most important day to them is summer solsae sunset or sunrise. That's the day of rebirth. So people come here from all over for different reasons, divorces, diseases, something cataclysmic in their life, and they be get a restart. Yeah, it's kind of cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, with the And then I actually was that Serpent Mound and this time I have to shirk up a conversation with a lady and she had mentioned did I know that a giant was doug up at that first mound? As we walked up it's actually kind of away from the Serpent and next to the museum and gift Shaw and I noticed it walking but she asked me, did I know that a giant would dug up?
Speaker 2: And I was like, no, I didn't.
Speaker 4: So she actually agreed to talk with me on film and kind of talk about that, and she gave a plug for you and she said, well, if you're into this kind of stuff, you need to go down here, she said, I think she called it Alternate Universe Rockshaw and I was like, well, definitely, And she said he's got pictures of the giants, and I'm like, yeah, man, I'm there.
Speaker 2: That's how we've got here.
Speaker 3: Now you have some postcards of it? Yeah, right, that was It was on exhibits on nineteen ninety. So I've been in the area since the mid eighties, so I had a chance to see it. And there was other giants at other mountain sites. And it seems like wherever there's these big conical mounds, there's giants, but it's all been suppressed. And it's that's the way archaeology is. You know, they can cover things up pretty easily. So I know one thing about like the Smithsonian working through them probably years since the eighties, there's always been talk like there's a big conspiracy that Smithsonian has covered up the giants. But the way I see it, in nineteen ninety, the repatriation Act started and it allowed the museums. It actually instructed museums institutions if they had any bones at all that were from the North America's indigenous they had to go back on the ground. So the Smithsonian cleared out there a million or so skeletons that they had in their closet, which is the dome as a natural history museum of six stories high, and there was over a million skeletons in there from different well they're from all over the world, but everything from North America had to be cleaned out and put back in the ground. So they did that. But when that happened, everybody said, oh, it's a big conspiracy. They're trying to cover it up. Well, guess what, Nobody got to see those bones except for people that work there. And I don't guys that have worked there all their lives and couldn't get in there to see that stuff because you have to have that specialty, you know, you have to be an archaeologist and have the credentials to work. So there's places like that in our in our museums where it's covered up. It's secret. I can't blame them for doing that.
Speaker 4: So yeah, well I know some of the circles that I that I run in, they talk about.
Speaker 2: It's about egos and reputation.
Speaker 4: And those that have doubled down on the Darwinian theory don't want to tear down the model they've built and restarted because if giants were real, then that shows we are debol instead of that's against the mirror. But then on the other side, I've heard that, yeah, egos might be to play, but it's.
Speaker 2: Uh, how do I word it.
Speaker 4: It's just a lot well, like you said, a grand conspiracy and they either get shipped off to private collections or destroyed to nick that Darwinian theory. What's your take on that? Because some people even think that the whole that Act that they passed to protect the Native American heritage was to keep people from digging in these mounds and finding these these giants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's what makes you wonder, right, And then you have all these state institutions like Serpent Mound. It was run by the state, and then in nineteen eighty six the state went bankrupt, so all of their sites with the Ohio Historical Society went into the nonprofits went ahead and hired or gave other nonprofits the keys to the gates of over one hundred sites in Ohio to maintain them and keep them open while the state got back on track. The state came back on track, it was no longer in charge of Separate Mound. It was all it was five o' one C three status when it became a historical connection. So now they're a separate group corporate, not a free public park anymore. And everything changed. So just like you're going up there trying to fly your drone, you know, they don't own the airspace, but you could go next door on another property and fly it from there and it's not a thing they could do about it. So they're not standing out there for shotgun. They're just running people down saying don't do it. But in reality, I don't think there's really anything protecting them if you want to fly a drone over the place. So what So, yeah, I took the don't ask for permission, to ask for forgiveness, and yeah I was shootout right. Yeah it makes them feel good too, you know, like they're doing something. So we've had a lot of experiences up there of people you know, wanting to drum or burn sage or burn a pipe for a ceremony, or walk on the grass God forbid. You know, there was a time when you could walk all over that mound. They didn't care. The big monument that you've seen there before you approach the Serpent Mound at Big Granite, the bottom line of that monument set as a free public park and they erased it. And it used to be on top of the big conical mound where the giant was. It wasn't just a giant. He was in the bottom, but there were several burials on top of him from different cultures. So the a Dina built in there. He was probably a Dina age about twenty five hundred years old, and then on top of him were Intrusive Mound. Was a culture that came through between a Dina and Hope Well, there was like a two hundred year gap, and the Intrusive Mound people came in and buried right on top of that mound. Instead of big in a mound and making one, they already had one there. So that happened all over North America. You see, these people were burying on top of the other mounds. So it was kind of dual purpose call like a cemetery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you see it through that history, throughout both of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know people find these ancient science let's build onto you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. So fortunately the construction of Surfermount wasn't changed.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, you found yourself at the end of the line, and this means that you're not an all access pass holder. So I got to play the Gandalf here and slam it down and say you shut up. Hey, if you'd like to join us on the hero's journey and get the rest of this episode, and not only this episode, you can get forty eight hours early to every single episode in the future, and gain access to an entire library of members only content, access to the private Facebook community, and monthly q and a's with authors and speakers and researchers that I've had on the show. Head on over to Prometheus Lynn's podcast dot com and sign up. It's quick, and I'm only asking you to sacrifice a happy meal once a month. You're without an excuse. Almost people come up with five to ten dollars a day for their addictions. Nobody's that hard up towards is high, guys,