Speaker 1: It's that time of the month.
Speaker 2: Time to get ha ud. It's the Hard Foundation Bonus episode. We're your hosts, the Major King, Metcadona, maxim Amendment, Brian Myers, and Doctor Silverbles himself.
Speaker 1: Slock Clock stole it all right, folks.
Speaker 3: We're flying here the highways and byeways, beautiful West Virginia, USA.
Speaker 4: I just need a fucking McDonald's. Jesus Christ.
Speaker 5: Well, welcome everyone to the bonus episode here for the month of August twenty twenty one. This is the Hard Foundation bonus episode. It is an edge head.
Speaker 1: Q and all edge you all lord.
Speaker 3: We just tore the house down at ASW West Virginia.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Broski versus Brian. I thought it was a masterpiece.
Speaker 3: Shane Douglas, the Evil Referee, Heath friend of the podcast Mane his return to pro wrestling.
Speaker 4: I don't know what happened.
Speaker 6: I don't know if like my knee pads or my boots or who like my calves, like just cramped up in the middle of the match.
Speaker 4: The match. I just had to like sit able by boots.
Speaker 3: I was like, we haven't even talked about this in real life, and I'm just gonna bury him, right here Heath had to throw one punch and duck a clothesline, and he forgot.
Speaker 6: He also was like trying to unbutton his shirt to reveal the REP shirt and he was thereious so slow that they just had fucking like hogd it.
Speaker 4: He's like, this is a good shirt.
Speaker 1: Was an eighty dollars button out? Yeah? Great night, Great night.
Speaker 3: Anyway, we're here to talk about a very pivotal part of our career, literally, something that saved our careers.
Speaker 6: I mean, this part of the career had happened, not only Will would not be having this pocket out of the business.
Speaker 3: There is no ride of revolution, there is no there's no losing straight, there is no great wrestling.
Speaker 6: There cuts a w Now. It was just like that when we started, and we would have been gone. In fact, I believe we were supposed to be gone because we're not in the program that comes out.
Speaker 4: Wow remember that. Yeah, you're right, we're not in the program.
Speaker 1: Yeah something.
Speaker 4: It's like, oh, the writing is on the wall on the progress.
Speaker 3: We're I don't know about modern like right now, w But when we started, it was like a zero strike policy.
Speaker 1: Man. It was pretty crazy. Guy's not over, you know, I'm yeah.
Speaker 3: Because Arnie had one match, see you you know, like it's scary, due it was real scary.
Speaker 5: That is wild. Yeah, especially we've talked about it on this very bonus podcast. The work that you guys did in Deep South to get brought up to flounder and then get fired, that would have been miserable.
Speaker 3: I mean I feel that way about all the guys just got like a you know this weekend that were you know, guys have moved up rooted their whole life to Orlando and didn't even get a year you know stuff.
Speaker 1: But that's what that's the business, and that's how that's what we came up with. The like, that's what codd old version of that that's been going on a couple of years or whatever.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to explain people like, this is how how it used to be. I'm not saying it should be that way, but this is how it was.
Speaker 3: I mean, any think it's better for them that, like, when you're an ax T, you're at least presented to be a star, where like we were in developmental where like the last thing they wanted is for you to be a star. They want you to be nothing. So when you call up your fresh and never seen you know. They don't want you to build your name and developmental. They don't like that at all.
Speaker 6: This isn't an easy business, A tough business, A tough business to family.
Speaker 4: Gordy or did someone else say it?
Speaker 3: I feel like Gallas said it, Leisure this tough business, all right, So some families.
Speaker 5: We're talking about the edgehead run and a little couple of housekeeping things. We have done multiple podcasts leading up to this time period. We're going to do this podcast by answering. We're going to ask the guys questions from you guys in the Heart Foundation. Only people in the Herd Foundation are hearing this. Only people in the Herd Foundation could ask the questions hard Foundation folks.
Speaker 3: Go back and listen to these if you haven't, They've been very therapeutic for me.
Speaker 6: I don't know about ones about Deep South, the wrestling by the way, rest in Peace, Jody Hamilton.
Speaker 3: I was feeling so sentimental about Jody hamardin this week. I was boarding my flight yesterday and I'm, you know, ad free show shout out to Conrad Thompson. I'm looking at listen to the per I listened to.
Speaker 1: I did just because I'm like, you know what I got here?
Speaker 3: This is on it it's from like two years ago and he's being interviewed. It's pens Are interviewing Jody Hownt and it's priceless.
Speaker 6: I think I can actually do it, but that's like, man, he's Wikipedia, but he's just no.
Speaker 3: But pens Are actually worked for him and like admired him. So it's a it's a little more natural than then normal Penzer. You know, he has no clue row heat Rush is and that's the Wikipedia. Yeah, it's pretty good, but that like if you you know, Jody Allend's so old school, most people don't even know who he is, you know, but man, just burying all.
Speaker 1: There and know what the fuck they were doing, you know, Like it was just so.
Speaker 6: So Jody, like ingrained in my brain that I truly believe culture to this. In a tag team match, you should be going for the That's the story of the matches, going for the tag the whole match. It's not like move, move, movement move, it's keeping your opponent's that he'll corner getting closer and closer and closer and closer, and then you make the tag. Not just like how many cool double teams. Can I do you know, like that's what I'm in a tag match to this day. If I like bump, I'm reaching no matter how closer far I am, I'm always like just it's.
Speaker 3: Just like so easy or even as simple as like you used to be like never cook a man in the ass and then it sounded like funny.
Speaker 1: We would laugh at it when we were kids.
Speaker 3: But he's right, because like, you want people to believe you're in a real fight and it's serious, and if you did something like that, it's just what the mentality of what he's trying to say, it means. It takes the out of that you know, what you're doing, if you're whatever, if you're having a Santino match, different story. But you want people to believe that you're in this athletic contest and forget about that it's you know, pro wrestling. You know, he had some pretty valuable advice for sure. Definitely I said this to Connor from the Ascension, the oldest old school guy that we've ever got to be around and learned from, for sure, right.
Speaker 4: And actually like had something to give us.
Speaker 3: For sure. He ran the power plant. He worked in WW. He ranted developmental, like pretty pretty significant run. He made him enter the Guard and like when he was like nineteen with his brothers the Assassin's.
Speaker 6: The craziest thing is that I have not seen or spoke to him since the day we ripped down the giant paper view banners and cleaned up Deep South and left.
Speaker 1: I have his book that he signed to me. I still have it to this day.
Speaker 4: But that's before all that.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, that's like one of my chairish items now and it says something like, Brian, I would love to work with you in Manifacud or something like that. It's just something like that. It's pretty awesome, So I'll keep that forever.
Speaker 5: That's cool, all right, So real quick, last housecaping note. Like Brian said, we're driving in a car right now, so sound isn't as we normally use asault.
Speaker 4: We might have to make it a little quick stop for some fucking McDonald.
Speaker 5: Very red Broski is wearing a lapel mic, so his sound is not as good as normal. But whatever, you're gonna be able to hear him, all right. I'm not even going to ask their questions. Let's just start from the beginning. You've told the story on the podcast, the Bonus podcast, the MC podcast. Story has been told. But let's set the scene here. How do you start being an edgehead? What happens all that stuff?
Speaker 4: I told?
Speaker 5: Oh, yeah, we've got a guest we gotta run in here on the podcast, Sally.
Speaker 1: Who is this, lady Jesus?
Speaker 3: Anyway, Okay, this story has been told, so I'll tell it in the most abbreviated way I can. But it's also pretty pivotal, and if you haven't heard it before, it's for sure entertaining and interesting. Anyway, we get called up in May seven May first pretty much never successful as the major brothers and the main roster at e CW drafted to SmackDown lingering, working going to all the TVs, but maybe doing something once a month, just dying a slow death. I remember Dreamer playing the side saying like they're probably gonna fire you guys, like, yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 6: I remember telling you that I should probably like tell them I had cancer.
Speaker 1: Yeah you're saying it.
Speaker 3: It's this thing where Matt says he had cancer because he did just to save your job, just to save your jobs, just insane.
Speaker 1: But he literally like that might be your only hope with this.
Speaker 3: So simultaneously, at the same time, we're still in OVW making all the OVW towns like we've we've covered on these shows, like working seven days a week literally always wrestling. And uh, back then, there were these days when the office would come down, the entire writing team would come to developmental and you would put on a show for just them. So it's like Michael Hayes and like seven other riders would be sitting a giant you know, OVW arena or a Deep South arena and just sit in a bleacher and you come out and have like full blown, like full card for them.
Speaker 4: Because they couldn't just turn on USA Network can.
Speaker 1: Watch and say, oh, I want to call this guy out. They had no idea.
Speaker 6: So and we'd also be sending them like promos like every two weeks.
Speaker 3: But I know for a fact, no one ever, So I mean maybe some like low low, low level riders would see them at a boredom, but nothing absolutely not. So we're we're stuck there and we had this day coming up, and we're already on the road and we know that they're coming like the next day or whatever. So we saw Michael a's a TV and we're like, hey, we're already up here, but we have to like do this tomorrow because we're still in OBW Like what do you what do you want us to do? And he goes, will show me something different, and like we took that as like, okay, go fuck yourself, fuck you, we will. So we had already been like half kind of concocted this idea and he was out with the injury at the time that we were just real life mega fans of Edge at real life like for real, always loved them, always admired him, studied his matches the whole time, went about mental you know.
Speaker 4: We didn't know him, like we knew him, but we.
Speaker 3: Really had no relationship with him besides like a hin and buy Like I don't I can't recall ever having a conversation prior to that.
Speaker 6: I do remember before he gets hurt or maybe it's like right after it goes back, but we're not like Edge has yet, Like we're you know, we had to like go through the ring like practice like fake practice moves and ship yeah yeah, and like me and you were doing like where I would roll through into that fuck like.
Speaker 1: Real bounce things that Edine Christian would do, and like.
Speaker 4: We did it to like I don't see, like, man, check this out, Like.
Speaker 3: I don't remember that at all, and then we never actually do we ever execute that in the match?
Speaker 1: I think so so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we're talking no relationship. So this is like a complete just pipe dream scenario. And we had been watching a lot of Entourage at the time. Entourage is I think it still holds up to this day. It's a great show that we were like so submerged in and like loved and like we're pretty much obsessed with. And we were like what if we were like his Drama and Turtle, you know, and like we were like his Entourage. That was the pitch and the idea. So An McDonald's, can I get it? Yeah, after Michael Hayes kind of pulled our punk card, we went straight to them use the right lane, Sally Princeton, Presburg, Virginia Welcome Center.
Speaker 1: See, we're not lying straight to the merch guy the booth thing.
Speaker 3: We already befriendised, Like we already befriended those guys because like, you know, obviously we're doing nothing. And but then they also like were impressed with us because we were such fans and it could be like, well what about this early you know it's cool. So he gave us all everything Edge he had in there, this beanie, I remember this necklace like his his his shirt at the.
Speaker 1: Time, you know, sex and violence or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then we had a So then at the actual showcase day we wore like our red trunks all that. So when you do it, it's not like a normal wrestling card. It's like you come out promo whoever it is, whether it's a tag team or singles, your opponent comes out promo.
Speaker 1: Then you have the match.
Speaker 3: So we did a pretty awesome skit where like we pretended that Edge was calling us and we were running around doing errands for him and starts.
Speaker 4: We came to Edges music that too, which.
Speaker 3: Really caught everyone's attention and was like, what the fuck's going on here? Worked heel, which they had only ever seen the Major brothers work baby Face up until this point. Had the match didn't matter because I think we like crushed this promo and made it very entertaining.
Speaker 4: I think we were on the phone with Edge like ordering.
Speaker 3: His call, That's what I'm saying, where we fake a phone call with him and we're taking orders from him, and there's something funny. It's straight, straight up lines that we stole from Authrash, like like you.
Speaker 1: Couldn't get laid without Edge or they're sitting with wherever they would say that.
Speaker 4: You know what, that's exactly what it is, like, yeah.
Speaker 3: The way they were doing, you couldn't get laid without Vince. He's like, does care you know something like that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It was that straight up stolen. But the writers don't know that. You know everything and it literally in my opinion and I don't care. It's been years, and I say, we stole the day like they weren't expecting that. They saw everything else that was like you know whatever, you know, generic parrestling stuff, and I think they were so shocked by that it was in their minds.
Speaker 1: Then the next week at TV we see Michael and like, what did you think about it? I think that has like any legs and he goes, whal, you can't just beleave with Edge because you want to beg with Edge. How are you gonna do it?
Speaker 3: I need a story and we're like okay, so now again we're like, fuck you, you pulled our punk card. We gonna figure this out. At your just return, we knew that triple threat was coming up. We're like, what if we're We're dressed up just like an identical blah blah blah blah, and we take the bumps for him and he steals his victory and you don't know who's who and somehow, And I just said this recently, like how many things have you pitched in your career?
Speaker 1: Thousand? Enough?
Speaker 6: Hundreds like not good ones have gone through, you know what I'm saying, I know, but important ones where I can't.
Speaker 4: I can't say. It's it's it's worthless.
Speaker 1: That it's not.
Speaker 3: No, it's like a squeaky wheel situation, like you gotta at least try, you know. The worst thing to say is no. But I've pitched hundreds of things in my career and this is one of like the handful. Thank god that somehow they listened. And I even remember that day. So it's arm again No. Seven in Pittsburgh and the old arena that actually Shane Dougas was talking about today, and like I remember, get called down the ringside and we're finally going to do this thing, and Undertaker sitting there with his arms crossed He's like, well, so like he wanted us to like call the spots, and I'm like, this is like a zero to sixty scenario. Like Jabron Major brothers from catering are not telling Undertaker what spots to do with his main event, Papery Batch.
Speaker 6: Like it's like remember it was it was a little cap because they kept us in like a room and tattooed us and like and we kept us like hidden from people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they gave us like size three XL sweatpants.
Speaker 6: And they were supposed to be decals that didn't come, so they legit sharpened it on us.
Speaker 3: Somebody messed up was supposed to order decals and they just sharp eyed us.
Speaker 1: So we're in the Pittsburgh arena where we are. You're right, we were hidden.
Speaker 3: We got someone forgot to order these decals. So the Ritchie from Magic and Julie I believe, No, it was it Jan the maker. I think it's Jan the makeup late.
Speaker 4: Everyone was doing it because they had a brushing it done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they were like multiple people just sharpening us and like drawing on us the tattoos which is not which probably man have made them look a little better. I don't know to get that done, and we're hidden in this room. Then they brought like three x black sweatpants and sweatshirts and hoodies to get us because we went out with the crew and then you ducking and go unto the.
Speaker 6: Ring and this is like fast forwarding a bit, but it's weird because this building is no longer there. But I also debut the Woo Woo Woo guy here. It's like weird, like two like restarts in the same building.
Speaker 3: And we should also rewind the week prior to this, we had Edge brought a bunch of his like extra gear and we had to try it on like secretly, so Michael Hayes could see it to see that we could even pull it off, that it would even be like believable that we would look like Edge clones. We were in like this room when remember we did it, and he came in and just checked us out.
Speaker 1: And then for some reason.
Speaker 3: I told the sorry times when it's Greataki saw us. He's like, oh you guys, He goes, oh yeah, and he give us like a thumbs up that it looked good. So I was like, okay, we have the thumbs Maybe we're onto something.
Speaker 4: And then at Kowloon in the bathroom, Edge tells it's happening.
Speaker 6: So I don't know there's a couple of weeks before or what we we had to look up the dates that when we were in Boston.
Speaker 3: Like weh, so, yeah, that's for sir Boston in the first time we were cut lovies.
Speaker 4: But you write the email to him.
Speaker 1: Yes, so yeah, I have to skip that. I went up to him.
Speaker 3: Two or three weeks out and said, hey, Adam, we have this idea, blah blah, you min me just get your email, and we wrote up the pitch and we sent it to him and I emailed it to him, and so he clearly located.
Speaker 1: You know, top top guy could have said f off.
Speaker 3: So a lot a lot of weird things like just kind of all worked out and then I it's nuts, but like rest and even then being like whatever we were twenty two wrestling is so like I believe it when it happens, even being under the ring, this has to like happen, like we have to get this sick up. Can't fuck this up and like get told to do it, you know what I mean? They could just say, oh, cancel the right to cancel you know, the major brothers.
Speaker 6: My biggest fear is like we're like crawling out and they never on commentary say it's.
Speaker 1: The one night.
Speaker 4: Oh the fuck yeah, And then you know, obviously it's great.
Speaker 1: You know, we love it.
Speaker 3: I think everyone's happy with it. Did like a dot com right with Vicky Vicky or ship we have like champagne and stuff because he wins the title. And we took all the still photos, took the photos, which it's weird because Bill didn't really use those still photos to make the figures. What a shocker, uh mckeena mash up.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But then so that's Sunday night in Pittsburgh. We don't do ross and we're off Monday.
Speaker 4: But I remember, but now we're scrubbing these fucking tattoos off.
Speaker 3: It was insane because it's sharply not easy to get off. Took it was like took the full two days. I remember traveling with Jesse and actually we went out the night in Pittsburgh with.
Speaker 1: Edge and his like old girlfriend at the time.
Speaker 3: Okay, I do right, and Jesse and Festus and we were riding with them and we like celebrate a little bit. And then we were riding with Jesse and Festus and we had like the day off and did the drive and went all the way to Rochester.
Speaker 1: And then every time I'm in this building, I think of this because we work there so many.
Speaker 3: Times after and then we get in and that's when the whole Vince found out you're not really brothers. Yeah, and he does not like that, and he wants you guys to have new gimmick names. And then that like to be thrown on that, like you know, you walk in at two pm and the shows at seven pm. That's like a major life decision that has to go down within five hours.
Speaker 6: Overwhelming looking back, thank god, but at the time it was very, very stressful.
Speaker 3: This is another story I told a million times, but I'll tell it again. Johnny As is the one that breaks this news to us as they get out of the meeting. So even then, if you think about it, they probably told us this at.
Speaker 1: Like three pm, right, and they get out of that meeting.
Speaker 3: He's like, oh, you know, you guys are edge now, so you gotta have an edge like name, so you know, like Slash or Spike.
Speaker 1: Like something like like a one word name.
Speaker 3: And we're like, whoa, Okay, So like We're sitting in catering with Johnny with Michael As with Edge helped the time or two. And at one point we were gonna settle on. I was gonna be Ketis for Anthony Ketis and you were gonna be Cobaine for Kurt Cobain but with a K. Yeah, we Ketas and Cobain, which actually kind of I don't hate that to this day. Yeah, well it was most rather than thrash and slash or whatever Johnny say. And then so I kind of messed up a little bit. But then Michael Hayes got word, who goes, that's.
Speaker 1: That's not what Ben said.
Speaker 3: And that was one of the first times we ever had like a one on one Evince. He goes, come with me, and we went into Vince's office like we got to straightened the source, and he goes, no, I just want two believable names that aren't the same, and you're not brothers anymore.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I remember he put us over for coming up with the idea too, like he knew like if this was.
Speaker 1: Our idea, yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 3: And then in a short amount of time I picked Kurt for Kurt Hennick and Hawkins for you. Know, I was thinking, I have to be a fake Edge, and I always thought Edge looked like Taylor Hawkins from the Food Fighters, and to this day they look very similar.
Speaker 1: And that's how I came up with that. And mine was.
Speaker 6: Zach from Zach Morris and the Originally it was gonna be Zach McKay like, and then it became Rider and then to this day I don't remember why it's Writer, but I've said that recently in an interview and someone said that I had said in the past, it's a writer from writers.
Speaker 1: Strong or strong. It makes me think that's true.
Speaker 4: That could be it, because I mean definitely not like I wasn't like, oh, the Rider truck, you know.
Speaker 3: And then then that was so like pressing about this is because every time we came up with these names, they have to check it through legal and make sure it's not something else and you can get their copyright.
Speaker 1: So it's a hell of a process, all very rush.
Speaker 4: And even then I knew I wanted it to be z A. C. K and R. Y D Are like as cool as I constantly.
Speaker 1: Could make it.
Speaker 4: And then I remember once we did it, well, first of all, we had to get the tattoos put back on.
Speaker 3: That's another nightmare situation. Then, so then there was like another disconnect, like Okay, now are we like the major brothers? And that was a one time thing. And then I guess the general consensus in the meeting is that like, wow, that look was pretty cool, that you all look the same, So let's do that again. And we were just kind of like, oh okay. So they rushed again to sharp p S again whole the other night and do the promo, which I've never watched the promo back because it's like the worst. It's one of the worst. It's probably the worst promo I ever cut in my life. It's opening SmackDown.
Speaker 4: I definitely watched it back.
Speaker 3: I've never watched it back because I remember being so nerve wracked that say, Kurt Hawkins was so feign and new that like I was just dreading that fucking that up and like I couldn't even like think of the other verbiage of the promo. I just wanted to make sure I said I'm Kurt hawk like and not messed that up.
Speaker 1: It was like a real weird feeling.
Speaker 4: I remember getting, you know, so was SmackDown Live, No.
Speaker 1: There's no no. It was Tuesday Friday, right, So.
Speaker 6: I remember once maybe once I told people are once it aired, people were letting me know that zach Ryder is.
Speaker 4: The name of a porn star, so of course, of course, hopefully I'm a little more famous.
Speaker 1: Well that was cool.
Speaker 3: We opened the show with that promo and explaining that we lied or whatever and we're not the Major brothers and we're Zach Ryder. And then it's either three on one or maybe we just jump them, but we like beat the fuck out of him with a chair and stuff like leave him laying like pretty wild shit, considering like the week priory and catering that book that we close the show being up the top ist top guy leaving them laying.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's like a big, big swing of events, all right.
Speaker 5: Before I get to the questions, let's YadA, YadA, YadA the entire run. So we're talking, give me the date, and then how far does this last?
Speaker 1: And it's that's armagain O seven and that's December. Okay.
Speaker 3: I also remember coming home for like Christmas and being like literally like swelling with pride, like it just like like holy shit, did we ever do it?
Speaker 1: Like Holy shit? We did it.
Speaker 6: We also thought we were going to be rich because I felt this there before. You know, when you're the Major Brothers just eating catering, that's back then you get five hundred bucks. Well, now that's.
Speaker 1: Minus your hotels, minus your rental cars.
Speaker 4: But it's like nothing, right, but you're getting that five hundred dollars check.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: But so I'm like, oh my god, so what are we gonna make being under the ring beating up Undertaker?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and but he said, and the paper bee checks to take a little while to come. But when it came five hundred.
Speaker 3: Bucks, uh, and the answer marks question. The run goes all the way to August to SummerSlam because Edge of Taker finally have to blow off like Hell and us OL main event of Summer Slam.
Speaker 1: An Edge s to like take time off after that, so he gets like sent I think I think he's hurt.
Speaker 4: Is he not hurt?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I remember actually repecifically he said, I've never taken time off where I wasn't like in a cast or something.
Speaker 1: And he with the vice and said, like you know, for the.
Speaker 3: Past time months, he like he's the number one guy in the whole company, like busting his now then following like springing tears of Achilles.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, and then he right yeah, and then he comes back.
Speaker 6: I mean then we get like dismantled, but that's gonna be I think for the next month podcast.
Speaker 1: I don't, Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: I know there's that there's an episode where he you think Undertaker's destroying Law Familiar, but it's really Edge right, like he like there's backstages where he singlely takes out everybody. Remember there's like a death scene and like there's a rose laying on my chest or whatever. I think you're supposed to think it's Undertaker, but then I remember it's like Edge going in it was me, And I don't remember how like laugh Familiar ends as like a faction.
Speaker 6: I feel like they don't even show me getting laid out, like gets like ma'am neely he gets me.
Speaker 3: I also remember it was like an all day thing in La or something in Atlanta produces like everyone. It was like he was like feeling real Scorsese like and ship and.
Speaker 1: Like I do remember that, yeah, but I don't. I don't really recall like ever, like how does like the group just like I don't know, I'm not sure I really don't remember.
Speaker 5: All right, Uh, Brian called, how did you get the sharpie off? Did you try any weird removal remedies?
Speaker 1: No, it was just scrubbing with towels and hotel showers and stuff.
Speaker 4: Now I would have used like some like acid tone or whatever.
Speaker 1: You can't do that on your skin. You cannot do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember, like it was such a rip because we literally spent that whole Monday off day, like we went to.
Speaker 1: The gym with Jesse and Fastus, I remember, and we were just like trying to get these.
Speaker 3: Off because like we did want to show up with them and look like like maybe unprofessional, almost like you know, like, man, who knows what we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do something cool. Hopefully we're gonna have these like faded tags. And luckily, I feel like so it was supposed to.
Speaker 3: Be like the decals whatever, We're gonna do it all the time. And then finally like the next week, they weren't there again and they were just like, no, I.
Speaker 1: Just wear the tights. And that's how we added like doing that.
Speaker 4: Well, we were originally gonna have separate tights.
Speaker 6: We got them made, and then the planner was just the key because I at first it was like, no, we don't want you guys being like the Foot Clan or like the Putty guys from that was Power Rangers.
Speaker 1: I mean, then we can rest our hat on that.
Speaker 3: I think in this episode, like we were told like you're with Edge where you're not as like Lackeys, and you guys are you know, became we became unreal Lackeys, which is fine, Like I said, we're twenty two, twenty three, we're dipshit kids, like with an unbelievable learning experience, and it's fine, but it didn't happen. And then it really, in my opinion, when Legacy became like a competing kind of like very similar thing and they ain't way higher hopes for.
Speaker 1: Cody and Tenny than they did this, I think we didn't stand a chance to not be Lackey's.
Speaker 5: Yeah, got it, Jake Hodge do what should the never made La Familia merch shirt have been?
Speaker 6: I couldn't believe it because like Edge was such a fucking merchant machine Ge and.
Speaker 3: I actually blame us for that because we're such merch guys that how do we never like we never asked them or pitched it or nothing. It's pretty stupid, like we should have had like not like an nWo, but like a pretty basic like you know what I mean, like like in script I see it in my mind.
Speaker 5: People love group shirts because then you wear it, you're like, I'm in this.
Speaker 3: Group exactly like bulla club and end up like we should have had at least attempted it.
Speaker 5: I think, yeah, yeah, Anthony Lanagan, how much time did you guys spend with Edge outside the ring and any good stories?
Speaker 6: I would say not that much because we didn't ride together. We hardly ever rode together.
Speaker 3: We rode with him one time and he was so fed up with us. I remember because there was something it might have been when he dropped the belt the punk we had to go to that raw and then when we were the only ones going to SmackDown, so we all rode together and he was like I remember him being like pretty fed up with us. Really, well, you gotta remember, like he's twelve years old this right, Yeah, so but yeah, we certainly weren't riding together. But I remember always like back then everyone would like everyone would hang out because he's still.
Speaker 1: You do smack down.
Speaker 3: It's like four days on the road, and then you'd always find something to do, like at night, it would all kind of be together, and there was a lot of camaraderie and hanging out and drinking.
Speaker 1: Obviously, so like and I always remember a lot of that. And then he Adam's good friends with Tommy.
Speaker 3: Dreamer, who was like our mentor and got hired in the first place and all that, so like we always gotta be the same place.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in my mind, right, max Heron, did you travel much with Edge at the time, if so, any invaluable advice from him in that time that comes to mind? So you didn't travel with them much, But what about the advice?
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean, dude, we would.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say it would be like like verbal advice. It's like what we watched, Like you're about.
Speaker 3: The side, Yeah, like we sit there and watch them call paper V matches with people or like you know, we're literally sitting like as close as we're sitting in the car watching how it's done, or like even just you know, such respect for him, Like, dude, you're the ww champion and you have to do a four day loop, like you're having the high level main event live that match three nights in a row and then doing god whatever knows his ast of you at TV, which could be like multiple pretapes and it's a crazy match, you know what I mean, Like it's it's a big burden, you know.
Speaker 6: Besides sitting in on him calling his matches like you know, WrestleMania main event stuff like that, but also on these live events being outside the ring, having the ultimate.
Speaker 1: You know, front row seat, yeah h yeah.
Speaker 4: And so it was more that he was leading by example than by his words, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: And then for a lot of this time period, we would be like the first half main event, the match.
Speaker 3: Before intermission, and it would always be US versus Fit Finley and insert.
Speaker 1: Whoever as his tech partner.
Speaker 4: But maybe Noble's brother was there today, by the way.
Speaker 3: Who I talked to him and told him that whole story that we worked fitting Jamie, and I was like, where is that?
Speaker 1: It's around here?
Speaker 3: It was like, I remembers Jamie's hometown. We've done it a million times, US and US against Fitting Jamie. It was Jamie's hometown and like it's just we've done it so many times. It was like clockwork.
Speaker 1: It was a good match, and he was like man, my dad is in the ground in that bus. You put me over the moon. Thank you bye, Like he was so fired.
Speaker 3: Up after so but like that was that was like it felt like a year straight like in learning from fit like Bell to Bell is like an unbelievable experience, you know, change my career.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Nathan Ramos, was there ever a time Edge might have gotten upset disappointed mad et cetera. At you guys, when something you were supposed to do wasn't it executed correctly, such as a spot something to say in a promo, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Actually not don't remember the fucking up where he was like, you guys really fucked that up?
Speaker 5: That I can, okay, Jovin what was it like coming out with Edge at MSG for the Royal Rumble? I was there and that was the hot crowd.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that's the month. That's a that's a month into the deal.
Speaker 4: Honestly, like a lot of.
Speaker 6: This stuff, it's so long ago that I can't picture myself in the moment. I can only like, if I picture the moment, I picture like me watching on TV.
Speaker 4: I can't. I don't picture me walking out.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I hear what you're saying that, I remember that being like just pretty surreal. Him and Ray have like a banger, a really good one, and really cool spot with Vicky.
Speaker 1: I'll fit we get thrown out.
Speaker 4: I'll complain right here. I was so bummed we were in the rumble.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but also I remember not really thinking that was like a realistic expectation at the time. But this is also like you're saying, we were being told that we're going to be like a bigger deal than we were.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And also if you watch that back, I right away we're like we were smelling the lackey. You know, we're swimming in the lacky waters and we're trying to get out of it. It's like Broski would purposely wear a beanie and I would purposely wear a ponytail like time my hair back because we wanted people to be like that Hawkins that's right, or not anonymous doppelganger.
Speaker 6: Which eventually I get in trouble for wearing the beanie. I've been wearing it for months and eventually I get like a beanie that has like a logo on it.
Speaker 4: But I get in trouble not from Vince, but it's from Vince, I think fit and because I look too much like Chris shit hm hmm, and that's why I.
Speaker 1: Was kind of going for them.
Speaker 5: Martin Hernandez. Were there any ribs pulled on either of you in the locker room during this time? Was there anyone backstage that was difficult or gave you a bad attitude during this time since you guys were so young and putting such a prominent position on TV.
Speaker 3: Not to our face, I'm sure there was plenty of ship talking at all, not to our face, okay, but I'm sure you know, people were not thrilled about our fucking trying to kill us folks.
Speaker 5: It's gonna giant BA head.
Speaker 1: Hold on. Yeah, not not to our face, but that's pro wrestling, you know. You just people just should talk behind your back, and it's.
Speaker 6: Like, okay, like, yes we were with Edge, but it's like we were like winning the tag belts, are taking up people's spots because.
Speaker 1: We were just Edges Lackey time. But you're getting TV time right right right.
Speaker 6: We weren't stealing it was I think people quickly res we weren't stealing anyone spot probably, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Michael Puma was night one of being the Edgehead's the most nervous you've ever been in a wrestling ring hashtag ask major? Oh wait wrong for him?
Speaker 1: Long? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I think I'm always nervous, Ah ways nervous.
Speaker 1: If you care, you're nervous.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I like to lie to myself and say I'm very excited. It's my trick.
Speaker 3: But if you care, dude, I've done I've said this plenty of times. I've done creative pro birthday parties in front of sixteen little kids, and I'm nervous because I just want to do my best. I want to have a good match. It's just just if you care, That's the way it should.
Speaker 5: Be, Andy Geedeon, if you could take two up and comers under your wing like Edge did for you, would who would you? And who would you? And who would it be?
Speaker 6: If I was doing it in JCW, I'd get Harv and Marv the singer brothers, and I'd be Bollywood Matt Cardoda. So I'm kidding about the Bollywood bar, but I think I would use them as Mike my edgeheads for heat.
Speaker 1: That's great. I don't know, but that's a.
Speaker 4: Flight from Canada.
Speaker 1: That's not gonna happen. I mean I have like an edgehead.
Speaker 3: Now, I kind of use Sam Beale in the way, you know, like I see myself as edge and he's an edgehead the way I use him and tell my stories and impact and stuff. And that's I feel like through that experience, I feel like I'm better at this gimmick than you know, most people would be because I lived it. That's cool, That's interesting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Dave Brown suggests, he says he likes that question Hess just the Brosky Buddies or the Meyers Marauders. Adam mccannon, what kind of interactions did you have with Vince McMahon around the time of the Edgeheads if any?
Speaker 1: For sure?
Speaker 3: The one you just said about the names coming up with Hawkins and Rider. Yeah, there's that the scream one. I feel like we've told the story, but I'll tell it again.
Speaker 1: There was like.
Speaker 3: I I think that it was like a rib fix was in we It's not it's it's like Allantown or Hershey or something they give us. Okay, so we drove from my house or whatever. I picked like you up, but I had we had like punk, maybe Jesse and Festus and maybe Domino and we got like a little bit of traffic, and I want to say we were.
Speaker 1: Like fifteen minutes after call time.
Speaker 3: Okay, Scott Arms, Oh you're all with Edge and you think you just show up whenever you want, And he was like kidding but serious, and they're like, okay, we just got second traffic, bro, And we drove two and a half hours.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 3: And then we're working Channonmore and Jimmy Yang. It's supposed to be like a kind of a squash match for us, like a get overmatch, our first like one. This is very very early in the Edge run.
Speaker 4: Well it's and it has to be after mania because we're not wearing edge tights right.
Speaker 1: Or we are. We are wearing Edge sights.
Speaker 3: There's a picture of me and Jimmy Yang from it that was in like a program or something. Okay, Okay, So then there's so much to the story that like doesn't sit right with me to this day. Then Mikerotn is the producer, and I've been a producer now and I know, like you just have to do your job and like you know, whether talent don't want here it or not, you have to be like this is this matches for Matt and Bryan, it's not for you, like you gotta like you know, it's he never did that, he never like said it, and he was like awkward to tell them, like, hey, you're doing like this is gonna be like kind of one sided or whatever. And then so like but he told us, so that doesn't work, you know, and then we're too young green to like tell them like, hey, this is like a they get overmatch for us, you know. So it's a really bad situation. It was like awkward to call and awkward to put together. Then so, like you said, this is tape SmackDown, so like pretty much anything can happen and you can just do it again. And they just took advantage of that, and they they the fix was in. I think they're like, there's so many bad things piled up now, right, And I do think someone stooge that we were late and they were fucking with us.
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I've always thought this.
Speaker 5: And then.
Speaker 6: We so the week's prior, like, for instance, we're on the we're the first match on the first w w HD snack that we wrestled Raymisterial, and and for the next couple of weeks we have like random generic music.
Speaker 3: Yes, like it's like almost three UKs in a row of three weird songs. We never know it, right, So like our music.
Speaker 6: Hits, it's the now it's the disciple music, but we don't know it's our music.
Speaker 1: No one told us is like go, and then we go, and then we're like what does our music?
Speaker 4: We go?
Speaker 3: They're like okay, and we were a little confused. But then I thought like in my mind, and we'll never know because it never aired. But like we just have like a normal like arrogant heel walk down to the ring. So we're first Jimmy and Shannon is still in Gorilla. Then we get in the ring and the refs like they want you back in gorilla. They want you to do that again. We're like our entrance what like yeah, so and they're like, in my mind, I mean, this is like a very traumatizing experience, but this is the way in my mind I remember happening.
Speaker 1: We come back, we opened the curtain and literally evinces like nose to nose of this right there, like in our face warm. You guys are supposed to be fucking big stars. Now what the fuck was that? You're just sauntering down the ring.
Speaker 3: They're sauntering like what I was like, it was a wild promat, Like I literally blacked out, like it was so shocking, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: He's like do that again, and Briscol's like, yeah, do it again.
Speaker 3: Go and the music's already playing. We hadn't like hit, so Briscol should have said us, but we're so nervous and freaking out. We now we go and now we're like makes like no sense. We're like screaming and like fired up, going.
Speaker 4: To halfway down and then they gonna go back.
Speaker 1: We're like, holy shit. And now we're back in Gorilla for the third time, and that now it's just like awkward. There's people in the crowd.
Speaker 5: What are they saying?
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 1: What it is? Now we're back in Gorilla, and that was like pin drop quiet awkward.
Speaker 4: Because now we had to wait for the queue.
Speaker 3: HiT's from the top. We go out and do our entrance work. Just rattled to the bone. I remember just saying to you, like, don't don't sell it.
Speaker 1: It's a test. It's the test. To test the test. Even though I'm rattled as fuck too, so I'm like trying to talk myself down and.
Speaker 4: I'll never get I go to the top. There's like a spot.
Speaker 6: We're like, I'm so lost in the match, and Jimmy tells me to go to the top for like the next spot, which whatever it is, I forget.
Speaker 4: So I'm up on the top rope. I'm thinking, like, now what am I.
Speaker 1: Supposed to do?
Speaker 4: I just like jump at him, but it's like it's like this ugliest cross body. I think, Oh, I think the.
Speaker 3: First thing is I tie up with Jimmy and I'm supposed to get my arm drag out of a tie up, and it's like all miss timed and shitty and like it's just a bad match. The ships. It's just a terrible experience. And I don't even know why we started telling this story. He said interactions, So that was yeah, but that's yeah, that's scream at the curtain to this day.
Speaker 1: That like, and then we came back and he didn't mention it or like it just felt like a test.
Speaker 4: I guess aid other this one was definitely a rip. It had to be. Was the wrestle Mania with that long ass.
Speaker 3: I don't know if we told they're making us just un I remember this, So this is like old school full biz cash. Obviously, Mania year like even nicer, more nice, nicely dressed. We get there our first Mania and uh Orlando, and they're like ed Chaz or Major Wells, we need to your rings right now. No, no, no, Like we drop our bags and we go out there and they're like, Vince doesn't think you can pull off this run, and so he wants to see you do it. We're like, oh, okay, no problem, just dumb as fuck, just agreeing to this. They they tell us we're in Gorilla, like go, go go, and we just do this full sprint, this one hundred yard sprint down in the ring and like okay, good, okay, yeah, they said, the cameras were sitting dude, you gotta do it again.
Speaker 1: Back to Gorilla. We do it again. It was full sprinting, our biz cash, running as hard as we getting down the ring.
Speaker 3: Okay, then whatever, it was back but one more time we go back and by the like fourth or fifth time, we realize it no one's even like watching us anymore.
Speaker 5: And it was just a rip my god. Yeah, but like and then you just stopped and walked away.
Speaker 1: We're fucking twenty thirty, Like we're just idiots.
Speaker 4: Yeah, John WrestleMania, Yeah, hell.
Speaker 5: Yeah, John Swallow. Did you guys get any backlash from the locker room for the push?
Speaker 1: You know, never? I know, like you said, it wasn't. It was like a great spot, but it wasn't like we were like.
Speaker 5: You know, Matt sline, did you have to get your own edge gear made? Or did w W slash Edge help out with that?
Speaker 4: You have to get your own gear the first time. Edge actually bought.
Speaker 1: It for us, that is true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like they actually fit kind of bad, yeah, I mean a little loose.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And then like I said, we were supposed to get another gear. We did, we didn't end up wearing it. I think you eventually wear the trunks, right, or you got like.
Speaker 1: Like drastically different gear.
Speaker 4: To Bene is like a brood, like the logo.
Speaker 1: He said, hold off on that and keep wearing the Edge heights until we.
Speaker 6: Say yeah, And then eventually we just started getting different Edge gear.
Speaker 1: I don't even think we asked.
Speaker 3: I think we finally after Madie we wear the red red median. I think after that we were like, let's just do this ship and no one said anything.
Speaker 5: Uh Marcus percall, was there anything in specific that you learned from Edge or Travo in your time with them.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I couldn't give you much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like I said, we watched him do do what he does to be like.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, I've said this in so many interviews two thousand and eight, Adam Coplan is the best wrestling the whole world. I mean, I'll argue anyone to death about that. You know, five tool player type situation. Right, He's the best wrestling the world. He's having the best matches, have the best promos, like complete package, the look, it's cool as fuck, you know, slimy, great like heel stuff. You know, just just the Vicky storyline, you know, the heat he had, like with live crowds from like that. You think that he's dating Eddie Gure's widow, Like, think about that. That's pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: The heat Vicky.
Speaker 6: You know, whether we're on stage or in the ring and she's talking with a microphone and the booze and the heat is so bad, I can't even hear what she's saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: Brian del Poso was that was there a specific reason either from you guys, Edge, the office, whoever, that you guys didn't transition to the Camo gear when Edge did and instead stuck with the solid color rated are attires.
Speaker 3: I think because we had, like I said, we just like changed. We got out of a wearing like we we didn't want to keep wearing that stuff because we thought there was a dead end thing of just being a like appel gangers and our only chance of like a fan or especially people we work with being like that Zach Ryder and that's k Hawkin, that was our only chances if we deciphered ourselves like that, you know, right, That's.
Speaker 5: All Daniel Fermano. Besides Edge obviously, who would you say was the most influential to your careers at this time? Someone who was an advocate during.
Speaker 1: This time Fit Fit Finley.
Speaker 4: It's just the learning experience and like uh because it.
Speaker 1: Was the hands on, like yeah, you know you're it was cool.
Speaker 5: Steve Hooker, here's a good one. How long before Edge knew about your figure collections and what did he think of it?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, he do our fanboy yet nests and then Edge is like an l Jan kid, so like he didn't I think it was nuts.
Speaker 1: I don't think he understood the degree of how the current situation.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't know if we even I think we're still hiding it a bit.
Speaker 1: But we definitely have spoken al jhands of them.
Speaker 4: Oh for sure, especially now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no it doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: But yeah, Pat Jennings, which guys did you call by their character names when talking to the versus government name?
Speaker 3: I mean I never Oh, yeah, it's just it's wrestling is like so weird like that. It's it's like, uh, it's kind of just how you met him. Yeah, it's yeah, it's just because it's too like you never know, what do you mean? What are you You're gonna call Big Daddy V like you know, shooting me?
Speaker 1: I don't know, you know what? U? This is what it like?
Speaker 5: What did Rigoberto Herrera when Edge came back last year? Did you guys pitch an idea about having a run.
Speaker 3: That was that was weird and still doesn't sit right with me? To me, I mean, I think Paul Haymon just didn't want us involved in it. There's no confirmation of that whatsoever. It's just my gut feeling.
Speaker 6: Somebody and I assume it's him said that nobody remembered the edge heads, but.
Speaker 4: Just fucking okay, that's Drew play a fucking vignette.
Speaker 3: I mean play of one was a sixty second I mean it was, but it was like a weird situation where I know Adam asked like, why isn't Randy like fucking us up to get some like sympathy, you know what I mean, like for Edge to.
Speaker 1: Get you know, get some heat.
Speaker 3: And then we pitched it a million times weren't especially then we really weren't doing anything like this really makes sense. But then there's like things that contradicted him make no sense, Like he gets Randy lays him out and leaves him like dead, and.
Speaker 1: We had done like main event and left him. We're like going to record the podcast.
Speaker 4: I literally have an in and out in my mouth and they help calls to come back, and.
Speaker 1: Then a writer calls yeah. He goes, oh, you've been requested. You have to be in this Edge death scene like by name.
Speaker 3: They want you guys like to be the first ones at his side on the stretcher, and we're like we were like so like it's real mixed signals.
Speaker 1: You know, like no one remembers the edgechise, but we're the first.
Speaker 3: Ones to console him and his death scene, Like it just was very strange, frustrating, I'll be honest, because like we didn't we didn't want to full blow and me the edgjets again.
Speaker 1: But like let's acknowledge it and like give us like a mini.
Speaker 4: Rub blowing Edges again.
Speaker 3: I mean, of course, but like I wasn't saying that either. IU wasn't say I wouldn't have done it, but like I don't know, I I despise.
Speaker 5: It would have been a good thing for you guys.
Speaker 1: I despise how much WW tries to ignore history. It's very weird.
Speaker 3: And on the flip side, I feel like AW goes like too deep into history. We're like, you know, like the world's supposed to know, like the Darbion and Ethan page at I fed and evolve, you know, like that might be like wait, where do you meet in the middle?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 5: I love the the uh hoove and Dang recently that that they made a tube and du joke and a promo like nine months ago.
Speaker 3: Brod would never do that, never do that show that clip.
Speaker 1: But like it's not that hard. I don't understand. Yeah, it's great, great story and rest of fans. Aren't that stupid? They just forgot people, remember That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, and actually I remember around that same time, and I could be off with the timing, but like m v P was having matches and they played like an MVP package.
Speaker 1: Remind you the fuck MVP with them? Like, oh, but the edjets don't exist, like, fuck.
Speaker 5: Off, Brian Palmer. Obviously you want every angle you do to be successful, but was there ever a concern that if the edge head gimmick was too successful and went on for a very long time, that you would always be associated with it and would be unable to break out as separate individual performance.
Speaker 4: Literally, in my mind, I thought we could do no wrong.
Speaker 6: I thought, okay, first Wrestling Mainia, we do the fucking in the main event run in next to us.
Speaker 1: The blowoff.
Speaker 4: Did not happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're just so young and naive and thrilled.
Speaker 4: Oh there's so many things I wish I could like do over with that time there.
Speaker 6: Bit, what's the point of even talking about her or fucking beating myself up over about it because you can't change the past.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, Dave Brown, bam Neely Stories. Guys, seemed to disappear quickly after Let Familiar disbanded and was curious about him.
Speaker 1: I don't really have an answer for that.
Speaker 4: We like them.
Speaker 3: We met him, he had his tryout in Deep South, so we knew him prior. Then we were in ovw do a bunch and he actually wasn't attacking. We wrestled him like most of the time we were there because it was Ox and Hammer when he was an Ox, and then that was just so random as hell. He just was just there one day and they're like, he's Chavo's bodyguard and by default he's like with you guys.
Speaker 1: In Left Familiar, it was just like thin air, I remember, huh And then it just died so quick.
Speaker 5: Jason Dunseil, did Edge ever get to experience a toy hunt with you guys? What do you know about his collection?
Speaker 1: Slash?
Speaker 5: If he collects?
Speaker 1: He does Edge?
Speaker 3: Actually, I'm pretty sure Edges every piece of his gear ever, Oh ever sold it, never sold a thing. And he said his plan was one day sell it all and like put it into like a you know, a fun for his daughters or something. But so in two thousand and nine, I got Demotive deafs we've covered all this. I get Demoti deaf CW and he tears his achilles and he lives in Tampa, so like where I would see him maybe once a month, if that once every two months.
Speaker 1: Now he's just like home chilling, and he would invite me in Trent over.
Speaker 3: I lived with Trent and Craft would come in like or maybe Tyson Kid or whatever, and we would just like go to his place and watch wrestling all the time.
Speaker 1: So I like was in his old house all the time.
Speaker 3: And then he showed me he has like he's he like kind of has very similar mentality to me, Like he doesn't if you won't.
Speaker 1: He went into his house, in every room you wouldn't know he was edge, you know. And then he had one room that.
Speaker 3: Had like all his restic stuff and he he definitely made like a conscious effort to have like one of every toy and you know, his gear like saved and hanging up and like nicely.
Speaker 1: In tots and stuff like that. And that's that's cool. I remember all that.
Speaker 5: Mark, what is the best piece of advice the Undertaker gave you?
Speaker 6: I couldn't, you know, pinpoint one seeds of advice, But I do remember I wrestled him on SmackDown like one on one, and I was scared to death.
Speaker 4: But he was like not that he was letting me call the match, but he like asked me for our ideas like what I wanted to do.
Speaker 1: It was actually pretty chill.
Speaker 6: And then afterwards I remember we you know, he sat down with us and we talked about the match, blah blah blah. But at the same time, we had to catch his red eye and we I don't know if we both got it or I feel like we did.
Speaker 4: Like the choke could where you're like spin up the blood.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then we had to go through this red eye security at an airport mark you would have hated this eight hour gear covered in blood, like of course we're trying to wipe it off our faces and before it, but it's in our hair or if.
Speaker 3: It would take at that time, if you took Hell's Gate, you had to like bleed from the mouth. I don't know how that started, so the ref would slip you like a little blood capsule before the spot and then you'd have to like and it was really hard because if you were like blowing up in my cot mouth to like get it, it would be.
Speaker 1: Like like trying to get it to go. That is so weird.
Speaker 3: It's pretty fun, but take Honestly, looking back around, Taker was very as long as you like put over.
Speaker 1: His gimmick, you know, you the fear of the character, you know, like that kind of stuff. He was very given. Like we just spot all the time. I don't know if you would do with him where he would go up to do the.
Speaker 3: Type ropewalk and I'd pull him off and take this giant like like flip bump.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was kind of nuts actually, like why you would even do that for.
Speaker 4: It's like some of the things that were going on during that type period.
Speaker 6: Yes, we were so young and and dumb and naive, but it's like it just felt so okay, well this is the natural progression.
Speaker 1: Eighty one north US four sixty east sail up. Rowing out's really rude, but it just felt like so like.
Speaker 3: Normal to like you right sling the Undertaker at one point when you're riding a high like that and you're that young, you don't think it's gonna end.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, and you can't be like super nervous.
Speaker 5: They're also like you just shoots your confidence.
Speaker 4: Now, not only that but like you won't survive, you won't make it. Yeah, it's think or swim? Really, Uh, is.
Speaker 5: There any theme, Eddie Bowman? Is there any theme that makes you more hard than when Edges mits to this day?
Speaker 1: But yes, yeah, I mean there's a couple obviously that I love. But that song still holds true to me. Man.
Speaker 3: I actually text Adam like, uh, maybe last year and I had this weird epiphany, like that song's been his song for like fifteen years plus, and it's like, if you really listen to the words of it, it's a very like inspirational, like babyface song that only makes sense now.
Speaker 1: In like his like return.
Speaker 3: Huh, it's really weird that you sit and listen to lyrics. I have like weird epiphany about him. We were texting about it and he goes, I know, right, really cool talk, but like really weird because he's like the the slimiest heel in the business, and it's like, if you listen to the words, it's very like it's it's strange.
Speaker 5: Budster Edge puts over Brian Hue in his DVD, saying Brian emailed him the whole Edgehead idea and really impressed him. Was there ever any recognition from Vince or whoever was booking SmackDown at the time that it was Brian's idea, But it wasn't. It was both of your idea.
Speaker 3: It was definitely both our idea. And then you're right when we had that weird Hawkins the rider talk, Vincy, Yeah, like it was something like if you have ideas like that, you gotta share him. So I'm glad you did or something that was kind of cool. Yeah, right now you said, I do remember that.
Speaker 5: Okay, last question, Corbyn Joslyn asks the when did you tell Edge the about your figures? So we're not going to use that. Enrique day Reva with this many years on the roster where their new talent you guys start, did this sort of show the ropes to or were you guys still considered new yourselves still in that run.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, we're twenty two, twenty three, just just in an unbelievably blessed position. Yeah, it was not, like Roski said, it ended up not being very financially lucrative like you would have thought. But what we gained, like as far as like knowledge in the business is who can say they did Like we've it's insane to say that we've wrestled Undertaking more times than I can remember, Like this under matches with Undertaker that I've completely forgotten.
Speaker 6: Wrestlaw Michaels, Rick Batista saw Raymonstereo Big Show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I mean it was nuts, yea, and all that like success that Edge was having like trickled you know, down to us, and we like we really reaped the benefits, especially being that young and green and just learned, like straight up just unbelievably, Like who's had a learning experience.
Speaker 6: Like that in the business, right, you know, one thing that just tied to my head that I kind of regret. It's like, okay, as tag team champions, we win them. Were technically still at us to take one one north us for Jesus Christ. We didn't take still photo with it that night or like any time until like after summer Slim We're like, now we're in the vest in the weird sunglasses.
Speaker 4: There's no still photo of us with the titles and Edge. It was definitely the champ at that at one time, Like why didn't we all have the titles together?
Speaker 1: I don't think he's the champ, isn't in the Champ. I don't know that at Bash he worked. I think he works Hunter. I could he loses the Punk. We're not champs when he loses a Punk definitely, So that.
Speaker 4: Match with Undertaker is just like a match.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, right, I don't know because it's punk and like it's punk, it's punk. Punk's the champion, like Seene as the other because Sena Batista is the other match. Right, broad you're the wrong person.
Speaker 4: I have no idea. Right eighty one North.
Speaker 1: US or sixty, He's fairly positive he's not the champion. But Great America Bash.
Speaker 6: Since this is the major wrestling for your podcast. One thing is like, of course we have the Treasurer's Trios with edges really really cool.
Speaker 1: Which the Edite. I'll forever love that packet.
Speaker 6: And there is a I had the protot at the Hampit of Prototype. I know, Brian, you of yours, but I was supposed to come with the Beanie the Soft Kids.
Speaker 4: Beanie and I have that, and then you know.
Speaker 6: Obviously years later the Rings Exclusive Edgeheads, which is like the Mgeina mashups, but I'm fine with it being the mashup at the Beanie.
Speaker 1: Probably have a legends figger. You can't. I can't really put him, you know, nothing bad to be said.
Speaker 4: No, No, there's a couple things I would have changed.
Speaker 3: But I mean I always say, in the same year a guy I trained, MJF got a figure and I got a Legends figure.
Speaker 1: Like I'm happy man, Like, that's pretty pretty wild.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, listen, I'm sure we can do a park.
Speaker 5: Yeah, putting the button on it, put a button on this said you had think.
Speaker 3: So it's just like it was just such a yeah, it's like we said to start like we wouldn't there'd.
Speaker 1: Be no right or revolution, there'd be who knows what would happened to me, Like, there'd be nothing. Like if we didn't have this experience.
Speaker 6: There is no doubt in my mind that we would have not lasted to the next WrestleMania, the WrestleMania that we end up main eventing.
Speaker 4: There's no way we would have even been on the roster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no way.
Speaker 4: Just there's just no way we would have been fired.
Speaker 1: It's just unreal like experience.
Speaker 4: It was like a uh, you know, of course we we we.
Speaker 6: Capitalize on the opportunity, but you know, without Adam giving us that opportunity, you know, our whole careers.
Speaker 3: It's like one yes or no could have shaped our whole careers. And I'm just saying, nah, I don't want to do that with these guys. Are not even mentioned.
Speaker 4: We could have been the next Gemini likes.
Speaker 3: What that would have been the only you know, little chance we would have gotten no figure, no major rest of the podcast.
Speaker 1: I really don't know, like what.
Speaker 3: We'd be pop it down, just working at the Deer for our community center. I don't know, shit, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, so we're we're eternally grateful. It was life altering, life altering, career altering.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, I thought this was a we just hit to this chicken, very rude question. I mean, a lot of the people ask the questions, you know, the setting it up. Uh, we're right out an hour right now.
Speaker 1: So we're good.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm sure we can always go back to this, but I think next time and this will I'm sure we'll cover some of the tail end of the edghedds, but I think we should go next month, like tail end of the edgeheds into the split where like where you right where you have to go to FCW and where I have to ride the like right up to that split.
Speaker 4: The draft sho do edgeheads?
Speaker 1: I think the draft embarrassing job or ship.
Speaker 4: A lot of cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah, nothing cool, like whole, like miserable, bro, like humbling, fall, rude, rude, awakening.
Speaker 4: Baby, Wow, let's do that. Let's do the of the edgeheads.
Speaker 5: And then there's well, you do win the titles, but then so.
Speaker 1: Let's do it for me.
Speaker 3: Let's do it from the edgehead bro. Yeah but it's a lot familiar though. Yeah, okay, that was the surreal.
Speaker 6: So let's let's go from winning the titles too to the official split, not the false split where Vince tells us we're gonna split, but the real split.
Speaker 5: Right, Okay, deal, Thanks guys, hard Foundation. You are the pillar of the community, the rock that holds this thing together. So we really appreciate all of you guys. But right now we're on our way to ron.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're on.
Speaker 4: The time.
Speaker 7: Stands stands stands stands, stands stands