Speaker 1: The following segment is brought to you by Andrews American Pizza Kitchen, located in Plano at Preston and Plano Parkway. There's only one Andrews and all of DFW. But it's so amazingly good that readers of the Dallas Morning News have voted it the best pizzeria in all of DFW. They've mastered five different types of pizza. Obviously, the Metroplex has spoken, they love it. If you haven't had Andrews yet, what are you waiting for? Get to Plano Preston and Plano Parkway Andrews American Pizza Kitchen. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: And now it's.
Speaker 3: Time for Basis Sweet Day of Day featuring veteran news anchor Kat fun Tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Larry. So Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick, I've always had something against him because he's the one he's got a big say in not allowing gambling to happen, and I would like that to be happening in Texas. That's me agreed for many years.
Speaker 1: Though agree he's the one who's against it. He's the big one who's against it.
Speaker 4: He's the one who's taking the most money from those people from me West Texas and don't want it.
Speaker 1: So he just does their bidding, you know whatever. It's not really a fan of really any politicians, but I've always had it against him. He's not the coolest Dan Patrick.
Speaker 2: I know. You know it's the old Sports Center guy. I always wanted to be the same guy. Now I don't have to be terrible. I want to like Dan Patrick. Unless they were both the cool Dan Patrick once funny story, cool Dan Patrick Sports Center wants on the set of one of those Adam Sandler movies, right, They went out to a bar and doing karaoke with Nick Schwartzen and Dave Matthews and Dan Patrick got hammered and he goes up and he's like, got a special guest and made Dave Matthews go to karaoke, and Dave was pissed, Like what so you figured out a way to make this about Dave Matthews. You know, it just happened. Did he do it in the Cookie Monster voice or he did it at Electric Avenue?
Speaker 1: Yeah, cookie Monster, good question. Now he did it as Winnie the Pooh. Dan Patrick put out a tweet that has caused an s storm, A storm of s.
Speaker 2: Is it about Luca? It's not factoid.
Speaker 1: Texas has about twelve million head of cattle, the most in America. I met with Texas cattle feeders and cattle raisers this week. Out of curiosity, I asked teach of them their favorite cut of meat. A few said New York Strip. I asked why we.
Speaker 2: Didn't call it a Texas Strip because New York is mostly dairy cows. Just because a New York restaurant named Texas Beef and New York Strip in the nineteenth century doesn't mean we need to keep doing that. So the Texas Senate will file a resolution to officially change the name of the New.
Speaker 1: York Strip to the Texas Strip. In the lone Star State, let's go. It's time to fix and right all the wrongs in the past. Uh what about the Rabbi, I'd like to call that maybe the Frisco Fatty? You know, Oh, that is fantastic. I'll have a nineteen ounce Frisco Fatty, please, ma'am. I mean it's from like, Let's give it some love, right, Yeah?
Speaker 2: What about Filet Midland? I like that.
Speaker 1: Why would we let the French name it? Okay, yeah, there is there. So it was named in the early nineteen hundreds and someone from New York said, let's call it New York.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's he's that. Well, here's the thing it was. Kansas City has got Yes, they've got here as the case strip. He said, in a world filled with serious issues that we address every day at the Texas Capital, the simple resolution will help better market Texas beef. So he's asking all restaurants to change the name of the New York Strip of their menu to the Texas Strip. Liberal New York shouldn't get the credit for our hard working ranchers. We promote the Texas brand on everything made or grown in Texas because it benefits our economy and our gerbs. So let's go. If you guys would like to the news in New York. Okay, because they found a restaurant. It's the liberal news, you idiot. They found the restaurant that actually started naming steak New York Strip. All right, have you heard about this one? What do you think Texas is? Lieutenant good, start to the news story. Have you heard about this one? What do you think? Before you've pitched anything. Well, I don't know what to think yet. You've but you've asked, You've all asked for the viewers to be engaged. Okay, I want to thank here smart. Have you heard about the story?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: What do you think we're gonna get into it a minute? Have you heard about this one?
Speaker 1: What do you think Texas is Lieutenant Governor wants to rename the New York strip Steak the Texas Strip Steak. Yeah, it's an idea that many New Yorkers can't really get behind, especially at the historic Manhattan.
Speaker 2: Restaurant where the strip got its day News Firs. Gus Rosendale Way's in from Belmont.
Speaker 5: You could call it a New York and Texas beef over beef here Delmonico's New York is not backing down when it comes to the New York Strip.
Speaker 2: The name was coined here. This is a New York strip.
Speaker 5: Dennis Tercinovich is an owner, a managing partner of the story.
Speaker 2: That I started, William hold On, can we get that again? The name was coined here. This is a New York strip.
Speaker 5: Dennis Tercinovich is an owner, a managing partner of the storied restaurant near William and Beaver Streets in the Financial District street.
Speaker 6: It's just not as tender I would say as a ribbi or a file It's just a perfect meat combination.
Speaker 2: Yes, perfect meat combination.
Speaker 1: Art.
Speaker 6: It's just not as tender I would say as a ribbi or a file at it's just a perfect meat combination.
Speaker 5: And the New York strip was always on the menu because the name was first.
Speaker 2: Served up here.
Speaker 5: And for a little perspective, Demonicos opened its doors in eighteen thirty seven, eight years before Texas joined the Union.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, you know what, And I would argue we never joined it.
Speaker 2: There was attitude so much from this reporter on that it was very good to see. So okay, you can get caught and however you want to feel on this. Personally, I don't believe that we should just go take whatever we want, you know, I do, But we went and took it. Kansas City has got the rights. Our guy Bud Kennedy over at the Fourth Star Telegram.
Speaker 1: This caught his attention, you guys know, Bud, Yeah, Budge Lette. Now, Bud Kennedy's been writing some pretty he's some pretty opinionated articles from time to time, he's great.
Speaker 2: He's also one of the guys who helped find Kay Gaale musician. Yeah, Bud's been around for a while. I'll tell you that much. I trust any Texan named Bud. So here's what he says. This is again editorializing. It's a column, right, yep. I hate to break this to you, but Texas Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick is full of bull nice then, he said, he said, Then he doubled down on wrong. Patrick added that strip steaks are grown in Texas and that would help him sell to Texas me because here you he goes in Texas. We all know about Patrick. He's actually from Maryland. It's like what you try to do, the whole Texas thing. It's like you kind of better be from here. Well here's the problem with that, though. One of the greatest Texans of old time is the manster Randy White, who's also from Maryland. Yeah, so I'm okay with it, he said. Uh he mentioned Uh Taylor Sheridan of Yellowstone. He said, at his Cattleman's Steakhouse of Fort Worth. Uh, they still call it the New York and the k C the small and large trips of the New York and the k C. Yeah, So, like, is there anything more Texas than Taylor Sheridan? Right now? This is even though is he from Texas?
Speaker 4: This is just Abbott lacks creative and he's like, Oh, everyone's calling it the Golf of America. Now I'm gonna jump in on this and change the name of something.
Speaker 2: What I'm wondering, are we about to be in a big name change bad right now? Because I would like to change my name? What would you change it to? Bacon bits?
Speaker 4: So you saw the news story Delmonico's is the name of the restaurant. Huh have you guys had the Delmonico Steak at Neighborhood Services? I haven't heard of that. It's incredible, It is incredible.
Speaker 1: The thing is, if there are names that there's no real good reason for it, why not go claim it? Like, uh, I don't have any affinity for New York and just because they've always called it the New York Strip, it's not even that great of a steak.
Speaker 4: Really, The Rabbi is the premium premiere. I like them both, Daddy, I'm a big New York Strip fan? Are you a Yankees fan? Why are you fighting so hard to call the New York strip.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what though, for me, I don't really need steak. How about this kind of not a big steak fan anymore? Why not call it the Nolan Ryan strip. I could see that happening. I would the Alexis, Texas strip.
Speaker 1: That'd be like a real fat badass.
Speaker 4: In fact, it's nothing but fat. There's no actual meats, just fat but well shaped.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Uh yeah, I mean, I don't know it. Let's cut it. Let's got neighborhood services and get a Delmonico right now.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you I have no affinity or allegiance for New York whatsoever.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying like.
Speaker 1: That if we don't, if we don't need well, I mean I feel a little bit better about them because they're closer. But if all the cattle are from here, then why do we care but they're not?
Speaker 2: Though, what's the percentage? He said that, it's all, Well, I'm sure the percentage. I'm sure we have more beef cattle, but like, they're not all there are cattle in New York that are beef cattle. Are you positive? Absolutely? They're not all milk cows in New York? Not realistic? Well, just so many more to spend our time.
Speaker 4: The most important thing. What they can have the New York milk Cows. That would be a great minor league team.
Speaker 2: First five thousand fans grabbing hudder.
Speaker 1: It really does seem stupid with everything else going on in the world that we have to spend any time talking about that.
Speaker 2: But this is the thing we might be in. Name change, So like anything, you can just go you know what, I'm changing McDonald's not McDonald's anymore. What about the Denver omelet? Does it need to be called a Denver omelet? I think it does.
Speaker 1: Why don't we call it like the Garland omelet? Dude, I'll bet you that's the next one right coming from Yeah, I mean, this is not a good time to talk about omelets.
Speaker 2: Guys, what are y'all doing? True? All right, well there you have it. Thank you, Kevin.
Speaker 1: Story it really was, and what you say at the beginning, because that could be a new segment.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, have you heard about this one?
Speaker 5: What do you think?
Speaker 2: Have you heard about this one? What do you think? I like it? And then have that drop from Dallas coways that com.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the phone. Yeah, I love this, all right? There you have it. There's a weekly weekday update coming up. Now next, all the results are in. We have the biggest bloopers from February from the Beninskin Show.
Speaker 2: That's next in the Big Finish