Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: At the bottom of the hour, we were talking about weird things that people have capped, and baby teeth is one of the weirder.
Speaker 3: Hey Gary, Hey Shannon. My husband and I dated for six or seven years, got married. We're in our thirties, had babies when I was in my forties. He was later in his forties. His mother tried to give me his baby teeth he was forty two years old. This is the strangest thing I've ever seen. I told her to throw those away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be weird if you were trying to pass them off to somebody, Like your son comes over with his girlfriend and you're like, I got something for you. Here they are and you hand over your son's baby teeth. That's weird. But like a parent keeping their kids baby tooth, I don't think that's weird.
Speaker 4: I would do that well, and there may be a reason for it.
Speaker 5: Actually, baby teeth could be helpful if your children ever need them.
Speaker 4: Cell oh, a stem cell.
Speaker 6: They can go in the tooth, single stem cell, remove some cells, some DNA and create some stem cells for your kiddos.
Speaker 4: So keep those teeth.
Speaker 1: I don't think you should be keeping anything from your kid's bodies for medical reasons.
Speaker 4: But I have a scientific question there.
Speaker 2: Sure if they need if they need stem cells from my kid to help save my kid, where did the kid go?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Why am I relying on teeth that came out of their body twenty plus years ago to extract DNA?
Speaker 4: Don't I still have a kid. If I'm trying to say because they have.
Speaker 1: An infection of some sort where they need an infusion of I don't know.
Speaker 4: You're asking the wrong We have any stem cells? We are not.
Speaker 1: This is way way, way above many things that we are.
Speaker 2: Next segment, there's a couple more slotted versus flathead versus straight screwdrivers Again, the dumbest things that.
Speaker 4: Bake the most people. That we'll do that. I can't wait. In the meantime, what else is going on? Time for what's happening?
Speaker 2: A very strange story out of Switzerland. A Swiss village has been buried by a glacier collapsing in the Alps. It's not a gigantic village, but three hundred people in the Valet region live in Blatten. This is going to be about fifty miles south of the capital of Switzerland and Burn. They said that they were able to evacuate. They believe almost the entire three hundred person population, including sheeps and cows, that were evacuated from the area of helicopters.
Speaker 4: It's just sheep.
Speaker 1: I don't know stem cells, but I know sheep is also plural.
Speaker 2: What did I say sheeps? I meant you're right, I meant sheep and cows. I was pluralizing two men, any of the things. Cows were airlifted by helicopter to get out of this thing. But this glacier, if you haven't seen the video, completely overwhelmed this small little town of Blatten. There is one sixty four year old man has been reported missing because he's believed to have been in the area at the time, but they're not certain if he was caught up in it or just hasn't checked in with anything and he.
Speaker 4: Just went somewhere.
Speaker 1: All these missing people that just want to get the hell out of places, sometimes we'll use the glacier to disappear. Why not, Well, we are going to potentially have record temperatures and a potential for thunderstorms over the next couple days here in southern California. National Weather Service talked about it in its forecast discussion today said dramatic warming as expected today and tomorrow above tempts over the weekend high nineties, even one hundred degrees. I'm kind of welcoming that after sitting in.
Speaker 4: That studio so cool.
Speaker 2: Temperature between eight and sixteen degrees above normal. Tomorrow is expected to be the peak.
Speaker 4: It looks like.
Speaker 1: Redlands, Banning, and Paris are going to have some unhealthy air if you're a sensitive person there.
Speaker 2: There is a bill under consideration up in Sacramento that would prevent Caltran's worker deaths and injuries. They say by putting automated speed cameras in those highway construction zones. I am in at least two construction zones every single day in the last I don't know, year and a half. It feels like either going to work or coming home from work, and the speed limit through those work zones is fifty five and no one gives two corny turds about what the speed limit is. They don't slow down, they don't And there are the digital display signs that tell you work zone speed limit is fifty five and then it will display your speed. And I don't know what people think when they drive by it and it's like, hey, you're doing seven venty seven in a fifty five and then it sells you to slow down, and that doesn't They don't pay, They don't care.
Speaker 4: They do not care.
Speaker 1: If you're going seventy and a fifty, you're not going to slow down for the sign that tells you you're doing so, I don't think. But who knows. You love smart children. You often bring us stories about eight year olds that have, you know, law degrees and things of that nature. We've got a baby Mozart in Encino, five year old piano prodigy that will be performing at Disney Concert Hall. Alec is his name, Alec Vaughan Kajudorian, and they say he does come across as your typical Encino preschooler. He loves video games, experimenting with cameras. A preschooler experiments with cameras, plays video games. That's kind of an advanced move for a preschooler, right. Maybe he does like running around his parents' house like your average preschooler, playing with his little brother and the family labradoodle.
Speaker 4: Stop.
Speaker 1: I can already tell what your face is doing when I say the word labradoodle.
Speaker 4: I didn't even need to look up to know.
Speaker 1: But anyway, aside from the five year old stuff, he does sit at the piano and he is a very gifted student with a perfect pitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they say he's got perfect pitch. Have you ever met anybody that has perfect pitch?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 2: If I can identify music just by hearing a note, they'll tell you what note it is.
Speaker 1: My cousin Danny can play piano by ear. You can hear something and.
Speaker 4: Play it that enna.
Speaker 2: That sounds pretty amazing. Yeah, that would be an incredible talent, they said. Mom and Dad said they discovered this when Alec was a toddler. He would hear a note and plink it out on the piano and find the correct key almost immediately, almost instinctively, and that by within a year or so he was playing some pretty complicated classical music on the piano without ever reading sheet music.
Speaker 1: He's five years old and his goal is to play at carne Gee Hall and in a couple of months it will come true.
Speaker 4: And then what's the judge?
Speaker 2: Me five?
Speaker 1: And being like my dream is at Carnegie Hall.
Speaker 4: I've checked off everything on my bucket list.
Speaker 1: I mean, and then he may have an opportunity to meet Gustavo Dudamel. You know, this is one of those make a wish type situations. Not that he is sick, but John and Ken, John and Ken should could really get They know Gustavo Dudamel. Uh huh, you know, I know they love Gustavo Dudamel and of everything that he brings to the La Philharmonic are used to now he I think didn't he go to La or didn't he go to New York? I don't know. I have to ask John about it. They keep Good Time. Have you ever seen the mural they have of Gustava Good?
Speaker 4: Is that who that is?
Speaker 2: It's sort of that impressionistic, So I can't they know who it is?
Speaker 4: Clear? Yeah, I can't tell.
Speaker 1: And then they have a binder filled with every La Times article that was ever written about Gustavo Dudamel. And I believe, if I'm not mistaken, that one binder turned into like an entire library of binders.
Speaker 4: Because the La Time spent so much print on Gustavo that would explain the locked office between ours. Yeah, that's what's in there. That's exactly right. That's exactly right.
Speaker 2: A little bit more about screwdriver gate and the magical questions that can cut through small talk.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 4: As soon as tomorrow.
Speaker 2: To immediately pause a federal court ruling that blocks many of the president's tariffs, the US would seek emergency relief from the US Supreme Court to avoid the irreparable national security and economic harms at stake, According to a filing in the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit that came out this morning, would you.
Speaker 4: Like your Jeopardy question? Let's do that? Talk after that would be nice?
Speaker 1: Oh I love hot screwdriver talk. Okay, art an artist for four hundred dollars an artists. You can dine al fresco before you enjoy the frescoes.
Speaker 4: In the Oufeezy gallery. In this country, I would have to be what is Italy? Yes, Florence a little too easy, I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 2: We were talking about things you can keep tools and I was saying that, really, if you have a good start with a flathead screw driver, a Phillips head, screwdriver and a hammer.
Speaker 4: That's a good start, you said. It wasn't even just a start.
Speaker 1: You just said, I think you were speaking to me, which makes sense, is do you know do you have a flathead, a Philip's head and a hammer? Do you know we're there in the house. And I said yes, and they're in the same drawer, and you said, great, and.
Speaker 4: That's all you need. Didn't whine.
Speaker 2: But somebody chastise us for calling it a flathead when he said it's called a straight screwdriver.
Speaker 4: And he's an instructor.
Speaker 2: He said, college law, trade school instructor, which is a.
Speaker 4: Great level of knowledge.
Speaker 1: I don't need that for what I do in my home with my screwdrivers and hammer.
Speaker 2: And because my point to you was you knew exactly what I was talking about, right, I didn't have to go the plus sign of the minus.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't have known what you meant if you said straight screwdriver.
Speaker 1: Hi, Garyan Channon, don't worry about what the guy said. In my house, we call them the plus and the minus screwdriver and it works for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, that's cute. I didn't care what you call it.
Speaker 6: Gary, You are absolutely absolutely correct. I am in the trades of an electrician for twenty years. It is a slotted screwdriver because it's a slot that it goes into the same with watchmakers, they have slotted screws.
Speaker 3: That guy doesn't.
Speaker 6: Always talking about I hope it wasn't his student.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, Well we don't.
Speaker 5: Tell that guys college level instructor and that he doesn't actually work out in the field calling it a.
Speaker 4: Driver. Oh it's a flathead, thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm a mechanic. Call it what it really is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, flat hand over, educated and under and formed my own.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny about that guy is like when he started talking, I could visualize him and he had like grease on his hands, like he works for a living. He had some grease. And then he said he was a mechanic, and I was like, yes.
Speaker 2: He had to find the one clean finger out of ten to hit the microphone button.
Speaker 1: They're never clean. Well that's the thing about a mechanic's hands. You can clean them forever. They're never clean.
Speaker 2: My uncle was a heavy equipment mechanic like bulldozers, big rigs and things like that, and had I mean a million tools. That guy taught me more about tools than I think anybody else, just in terms of, hey, go get me the And I had no idea what he was talking about, and I had to go find it.
Speaker 1: Not to be a d but you know where I'm not going to go to learn about tools college?
Speaker 5: Oh my gery, Shannon Jack in Texas Tomato tomato potato, potato head or flathead?
Speaker 4: Who cares? It's a screwdriver. It's a good point, thank you. You know, it's a screwdriver.
Speaker 3: The only screws I hoard are the screws that are loose, that are.
Speaker 4: In Shank Fearn's head.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of this girl. That's a lot of screws that are loose.
Speaker 4: That's a lot of hoarding.
Speaker 1: That's a that's an episode.
Speaker 2: Priya Parker is a conflict resolution facilitator. We could have used her work here in this discussion between straight and flathead screwdrivers, but she says she says, the way to immediately cut through small talk in any environment, whether it's a party with strangers or a meeting or something like that, is to ask what she calls magical questions.
Speaker 1: So the reason I brought this to the show today is because It was the number one red article in Apple News this morning when I happened to be looking at the app and I thought, oh, so a lot of people must be interested in cutting through small talk. And I'm thinking, well, when does one get into small talk? And immediately my first example for me would be when you're in the elevator with someone, and these aren't people that you work with, because you've got things to talk to in common that people you work with, and maybe it's somebody on another floor or what have you. Hi, how are you it's warm outside? Oh my gosh, that coffee looks good. That kind of stuff, right, And if you don't want to engage in that, they say, try asking, like you said this magical question. And then I'm looking at these magical questions they speak of, and I would think you were an insane person if you asked me this in a small talk situation. Right, When you think of small talk, you think it's kind of like passing by, maybe sharing some time. Maybe you're I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think because when I read this, I thought of somebody who asks a question and then does that thing where they lean in and just stare at you for a while after do they ask a question, for example, some of the magical What she says, what makes them magical questions is it's something that everyone in the group is interested in answering or or would have an answer to that other people might find interesting. For example, what's the weirdest thing you've ever found in your pocket?
Speaker 1: How are you supposed to remember that? I've found a lot of weird stuff in my pocket. I'm sure over the years, I don't remember it. It's not something that would have stuck in my head. What about a baby tooth or something?
Speaker 4: What about this?
Speaker 2: What topic could you give a twenty minute talk on with no preparation?
Speaker 1: Oh, obviously, screwdrivers?
Speaker 4: What's a path you almost took but didn't? I really like that?
Speaker 1: What topic you could give a twenty minute talk on with no preparation? Like, that's a great question to ask of somebody else, somebody that you don't really know that well, because then you can find out about what they're passionate about right away.
Speaker 2: Well that's so, That's part of the reason she says these are also magical questions. Is it cuts through all of the where you're from, where'd you go to college? What kind of work do you do, yeah, and you find more about their actual personality, not just those other characteristics about them. For example, she says, one of her favorite questions is what was the first concert you went to?
Speaker 4: And who took you?
Speaker 2: Because a lot of times, I mean, depending on kind of what age range you're in, you're going to have a lot of the same.
Speaker 4: The same answers.
Speaker 2: Or you went to a concert that may have been someone else's first it wasn't necessarily yours, but there's a lot of crossover there, And then who they went with or who took you could also say a lot about their family life or their friend circle.
Speaker 1: Or can we do a magical question for tomorrow to ask of people and then they can let us know and we can go through them throughout the show on the talkback.
Speaker 2: You want to keep it, let's pencil that in for tomorrow. Yeah, they're going to ask them now? Or are you going to ask them tomorrow? Who should keep it?
Speaker 4: Or tomorrow? There would be a there will be a magical question till tomorrow. Yeah, and we'll go through the answers like a magical question. Friday.
Speaker 1: I kind of love that twenty minute talk on with no preparation, Like what do you what's your piccadillo?
Speaker 4: What would yours be?
Speaker 1: What could you talk about twenty minutes, just off the cuff, no preparation.
Speaker 2: It's the to clarify. Is it an honest talk like?
Speaker 1: Is it a talk about It doesn't need to be like just talking for two minutes talking about something that you could talk about, no problem, twenty minutes go we.
Speaker 2: Could I think you and I have a leg up on that kind of a question anyway, because that's kind of what we do right right.
Speaker 1: Obviously, no knowledge, it doesn't have to be factional.
Speaker 4: No truth.
Speaker 2: Okay, if I don't know, I don't know, really I talk about.
Speaker 4: I have no idea. Now I'm on the spot. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Really, Yeah, I think my wife would probably be able to answer for me, like she would go, you would obviously talk about something, and I'd well, of course I could do that. She probably have an answer for that better than I would. Huh maybe old bosses.
Speaker 4: It's not something. It's not a gripe hour. I'd be easy to fill twenty minutes, wouldn't it all right?
Speaker 1: Coming up next? Why are monkeys stealing other monkeys? What is going on? Is this a sign of the monkey.
Speaker 2: Apocalypse, strange science when we come back, and a tooth story by.
Speaker 4: The way, oh old teeth Great.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: President Trump met with Jerome Powell today. He met with the FED Reserve chair. They discussed the economy, but not Jerome Powell's outlook for the interest rates, at least according to the Fed. Powell told Trump that the Central Bank is going to make decisions about the short term interest rate it controls based solely on the careful, objective and non political analysis that it comes up with a big rally for stocks that began in Asia, running out of momentum today about we certainly don't know what's going to happen next. The US court blocked many a President Trump's tariffs. That did see some positive movement on markets across the world today, the DAL added double digit points. I mean, we're talking forty five, fifty sixty points. But we will see as we get into the last few minutes of trading here. And then an update out of the New York federal trial of Sean Ditty Combs, a former personal assistant testified that Didty sexually assaulted her through her into swimming pool, dumped a bucket of ice on her head, and slammed her arm into a door during an eight year tenure that she worked for him. She testified today at the sex trafficking trial under a pseudonym. She had alleged that he put his hand up her dress, forced her to perform sex acts, and climbed into bed to to have sex with her against her will. Touched on these allegations just briefly at the start of the testimony, and she'll probably talked about them in more detail as things continue throughout the day.
Speaker 1: Today, Well, we've got monkeys stealing another type of monkeys babies.
Speaker 4: It is a weird fat and.
Speaker 1: It's where we kick off strange science.
Speaker 5: It's like weird science, but strange monkeys.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know the dealing monkey.
Speaker 1: Capuchin monkeys, right, the little white faced devils.
Speaker 2: They're the ones that there was a capuchin sorry, capuchin monkey that appeared I think most famously in Indiana Jones.
Speaker 4: Yes, that was a capuchin.
Speaker 2: And there's also one in Righteous Gemstones, very popular in the pet store that I used to have in my town that I grew up in. They had a capuchin monkey in a cage.
Speaker 4: It was awful.
Speaker 1: Tell me more about this pet store. Did you frequent this pet store?
Speaker 2: I loved it. Yeah, because it was also a halloween store. So in the back there were the most terrifying full face masks and makeup and swords and gory stuff. And in the front you could buy a hamster ball.
Speaker 1: What a weird mashup a halloween store slash pet store it was. Was there also a Chinese restaurant next door?
Speaker 2: Uh? Was around the corner? Yes, there was one, but the capuchin monkey was up in a case. It wasn't for sale, but the capuchin monkey was up in the in the pedal up above the wall.
Speaker 4: What was his name? Remember what his name was? I don't remember. Did you talk to the monkey?
Speaker 2: No, because he would screech at you and he would slam the cage.
Speaker 4: I bet he was pissed. He was. It would scare you.
Speaker 1: Well, he was living in a halloween store.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What was your favorite animal in the pet store? The capuchin monkey, even though I was terrified of him?
Speaker 2: Okay, because that thing got out very different for you taking my face off.
Speaker 1: Man, it was probably the most exotic animal there.
Speaker 4: Oh by far. Yeah, they have a lot of birds.
Speaker 2: There, birds, snakes, rabbits, hamsters, stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Well, the capuchin monkeys on a remote Panamanian island are abducting babies from howler monkeys. They are calling it a first of its kind trend. This is a wild population, unlike the cage capuchin that did not sing at your pet store in Petaluma circ. In nineteen seventy eight. The wild population living on Jicaron Island has been monitored with eighty six motion cameras to capture their sophisticated use of stone tools to crack open hard fruits and nuts and shellfish.
Speaker 4: It's remarkable if you see video of this.
Speaker 1: But five years into recording the footage they started this in twenty seventeen, a researcher noted that one of the young male capuchin monkeys with an infant monkey from another species. They had that monkey clinging to its back. Now, this capuchin monkey, nicknamed Joker, picked up at least four of these baby howler monkeys over four months, holding on to them for more than a week. This captivity would last. Now, at first, the researchers thought it was a case of just one individual monkey who maybe is a little odd a little different a kidnapper monkey.
Speaker 4: But then five months after they saw a.
Speaker 1: Joker with the other type of monkey, four other young male capuchins were found carrying around Hawler babies, and over fifteen months, this group of monkeys took in eleven Haler babies younger than four weeks old. It was like a prime night fad or fashion. According to researchers, weird and like every capuchin monkey needed this designer handbag, and it was the Haller monkey, like everyone else had one, so why wouldn't I have one?
Speaker 2: So they learned from other capuchin monkeys that that was the thing to do, right And then just there's no footage of the thefts either.
Speaker 1: So maybe it's the baby Fowler monkeys that are like, I like that capuchin monkey.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'll go live with him.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but they did prevent There is footage of the kapuchins preventing the Haller babies from escaping. It also shows heartbreakingly so the Hawler monkey parents searching and calling.
Speaker 4: For their babies. Oh that's awful.
Speaker 1: And then here's the worst part.
Speaker 4: Well, it gets better than that, you guys, it gets really bad. Should I just abort the story. You gotta move on. I don't do. They kill them.
Speaker 1: They die, They die from malnourishment because they're not getting the right they're not getting the mother's milk because remember it's the male monkeys that are abducting the babies, and the babies still need the mother's milk and they're not getting it from the haller mother. Milk monkey monkey mother. That's not funny. At least three howler monkey infants were being carried around even when they were dead.
Speaker 2: All right, well, let's do the old teeth stories. That is awful. You should be shamed of yourself.
Speaker 4: You should have. We've teased that story for like three days and it ended up being awful. I have an answer to your question about what his name was.
Speaker 2: The store was called the Pet Stop, Yeah, and the monkey was called Louie. Oh, so he's a famous it's a she that was That was the irony of the name Louis.
Speaker 1: But it was a female capuca named Louis.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And whatever happened to Louise, I'm sure Louis died well, I mean the internet. There was an article in an old San Francisco paper from twenty five years ago that described the store. Yeah, twenty five years ago, but the pet store was, I mean alive and running.
Speaker 1: I guess you could say they can live forty to fifty years in captivity. Louie could still be alive. No, well, how many years ago was that? Forty years ago when they wrote the article. The pet stop had been around for twenty six years, which far older than that. I don't know why it says that, because it was there as long as I was a kid, and it was just one monkey, so it's not like she was banging around with anyone and making baby.
Speaker 4: And even the.
Speaker 2: Owner at the owner of the store when the article was written, basically said, pets don't make great monkey. Sorry, monkeys don't make great pets.
Speaker 4: So kind of.
Speaker 2: Felt bad about Louis, and it took them took Louis out of the store, sorry, and kept her upstairs in a different cage so that she wasn't yelling and screaming at the customers.
Speaker 1: Think, oh, that's awful. That was a nice story that turned out bad too.
Speaker 4: All right, old crazy teeth. When we come back to Strange Science.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: We're going to do the show outside next week.
Speaker 4: I think that's the plan. It's exciting, that would be very fun.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's going to be hot, and you think I need to work on my basstand, which I think is funny.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a couple of reasons why you're going to Hawaii where you're going to be partially nude, and you have very fair skin, and so not only am I advocating for you to just spend like fifteen to twenty minutes out in the sun every day, like just you know, read the paper.
Speaker 4: You know, read.
Speaker 1: Play Candy Crush in the backyard. A lot of people read the paper on their phone if they read, but you're not. You know, you have a book somewhere, right.
Speaker 4: I do have a book. Say. All I'm saying is go outside in your backyard.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful for like fifteen minutes, just exposing your legs and maybe your torso to the sun. So that number one, you don't get sunburned when you start exposing yourself Willy nilly and Hawaii. And number two, so you don't scare off the townspeople with how white you are. It's for health and for accommodating the people of Hawaii.
Speaker 2: A bunch of members of my family, and I guarantee you I will not be the whitest person.
Speaker 1: I don't care about anyone else. I care about you. You are the problem that I have access to. And if we can prevent you from getting a disastrous sunburn right away, I think that that.
Speaker 4: Would be good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a day, well like ten minutes, three times a week. Okay, that's all just to protect yourself. Appreciate that fledge Watch. Did you know we're in fledge Watch?
Speaker 4: Is that a bird thing? It is?
Speaker 1: Amy King will tell you all about it. I kind of blacked out when she was in here the other day with the knowledge that she had of the nest? Can you run that back for me? So you were also affected by her knowledge?
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 4: I was stunned.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 4: We went to her kind of like the.
Speaker 1: Conversation started with, Hey, Amy, what's going on.
Speaker 4: With the bird?
Speaker 2: Because the picture I saw looked like it was an empty nest like this right the eagles up and big Bear had taken off, which everybody's waiting for.
Speaker 1: It said something to the effect of they're still there there in the top deck, and that's when I blacked out.
Speaker 4: She called it the attic, the attic of the mess and the front porch that exists.
Speaker 2: Listen, when we got that far, I realized we were playing with something that we had no idea.
Speaker 4: It was like, oh, what does this little ball do? And it turns out.
Speaker 1: It's Medusa pops up right. I just started waiting, smiling to Amy. I was nodding, and I was just like, cool, cool, cool, cool cool. But apparently the fledge watch kicked off on Tuesday. It's similar to Pip Watch, where we watched closely for the chicks to work their way out of their egg shells. Remember there was a crack and then the pip and the whole bit. So these these fledglings could fly the coop, fly the nest anytime now. They say that fledglings from southern California, from this area specifically, have been spotted as far north as British Columbia, as far east as Yellowstone, as far south as Baja. So these little, these little birds, these little eaglets we've been watching, could go great distances.
Speaker 4: Any day now, and they may never come back.
Speaker 2: I mean literally empty nest for those for Shadow and Steve Shadow and.
Speaker 1: Jackie Steve why would you think Shadow Stevens the old radio guy. But I don't know why the baby's names are Sonny and Gizmo.
Speaker 2: Now you're pretending to know all of this stuff. Amy will see through your rear ruse. I know old teeth. To bring it back to old teeth. Scientists have said that the teeth that they have found for the colossal megalodon is that a dinosaur. It is prehistoric predator. They said it last lived about three point six million years ago. They said, not only was it hunting large marine mammals like whales. Hello, that's how big this megalodon was. I think it's a giant sharky thing. But a new study has found that instead, mineralized fossilized teeth show that the megalodon might have been an opportunistic feeder. This thing, they said, required about one hundred thousand calories a day.
Speaker 1: Like it's a dinosaur. Of course, it was an opportunistic feeder. You think it was waiting for cavir.
Speaker 2: Well, they said it probably did feed on the very large prey items obviously, but that's not available all the time, and it was flexible enough to feed on smaller animals to fulfill its dietary requirements, like it's snacked on a smaller creature. Sure, like we all do exactly well.
Speaker 1: Grab whatever's around if it's feeding times, especially.
Speaker 2: If you're on your way to meil one hundred thousand calories a day.
Speaker 4: I'm getting close. I don't know what it is is.
Speaker 1: We're very hungry, getting pretty close.
Speaker 4: Here comes.
Speaker 1: You are not hitting that grapefruit sized softball right over the middle of the plate.
Speaker 4: Hey, sometimes it's easier just to let it go and.
Speaker 1: Hope because I'm still not over the slight you shared at the start of the show.
Speaker 4: Which one would that be? I don't remember you don't.
Speaker 2: I complimented you when you walked in today. You get one that doesn't tide over for the rest of the day.
Speaker 1: You said, why are you dressed up? Are you going to set the building on fire? Was that a compliment?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The dressed up part? Oh okay, okay. I don't remember what your slight was, but it was very creator. It hurt, it did, but I don't remember it. Those are the worst kind. John Cobalt Chow coming up.
Speaker 4: Next, see you tomorrow. Stay dry, everybody, blessings. You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 2: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio Lab