Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric CAPLM, and you're listening to boost your brain power. Now, don't come to me if you want a doctor that's going to prescribe drugs to hide the symptoms. Don't come to me. If you want to just find out which supplement you need to take to fix your symptoms, or which herb you want to take to fix your symptoms, or which iv or injection you need to take to fix your symptoms. That is not what I do. I am a functional neurologist. So instead of covering up symptoms with pills or supplements or vitamins or herbs or homeopathic remedies or ivy injections and medications and drugs, what we do is get to the root cause, figure out what's the problem, not just cover it up with a band aid, but actually say why are you getting this condition? You've got to know the why, because there's always a why. Once you figure out the why, then you could come up with the appropriate treatment. You know, I had a wide variety of patients today, many of them having migraines. However, each migraine patient was a little bit different. One it had to do with her stress levels, so we had to make sure we worked on her autonomic nervous system. Another had to do with her hydration, so we need to make sure she drinks half her body weight in ounces of water every day on an empty stomach. And then we made sure she's getting the Celtic salt to bring the minerals to you absorb the water. Most people who drink water, you know, especially are those plastic water bottles such as you know Poland Spring or you know Desani or Aquafina or you know whatever they have there. Those don't get absorbed. You end up drinking the water and peeing out the water. But you also have the side effects of all the plastics in those plastic water bottles. Those plastics are endocrine disruptors. Those plastics are toxic. They can lead to cancer, They can cause inflammation, digestive problems, allergies, all right, So it's not just drinking water, it's making sure you get filtered water. I like reverse osmosis, and then I put in the salt, the pinkameleine salt or the Celtic salt, which has about eighty six minerals. Therefore, you're going to absorb the water so they don't just pee it out right. And if you absorb the water, that could get rid of your migraines. I had another patient. It was due to her poor posture and the way her bones were positioned. So we also had another patient it was inflammation in the brain. We had another patient she had poor cerebral spinal fluid flow. We had another patient and had an unhealthy diet and she was reacting to the foods she was eating. But they're all migraines, And what does the doctor do give you a migraine medication As a functional doctor, as a functional neurologist, I have to feel or where does the migraine come from? And if it's stressed, we got to reduce the stress. If it's water, we need to increase the water. If it's the food, we need to improve the diet. If it's the posture, we got to work on the pasture. If it's circulation, work on blood flow. If it's inflammation, bringing down that inflammation. If it's hormonal, I had another patient. Hers was related to her hormones. She always got it during her period. We need to fix her thyroid, and her headaches went away. Right, So you got to get to the root cause. Most of these doctors are just treating symptoms. Right. We got to stop treating symptoms and we have to get to the root cause of the problem. And that's what I do with cap and brain and body. We get to the root cause of the problem. No more band aids, no more temporary solutions. Right. If you have pain, you can, you know, get a massage, but then the next day the muscles tightened up again. Mine. You can take a title Knoll or an aspirin, but it's not actually fixing the problem. Now what do I do as a functional doctor? If you come to me with pain, I'm gonna figure out where is the pain coming from? Why do you have the pain to begin with? Do you have inflammation? Do you have autoimmune disease, rheumatoid arthritis? Do you have some bony issue. Do you have a spondyl osthesis. Do you have a herniated disk? Do you have nerve interferenced do you have muscle spasm? You have bones out of position? Do you have a brain issue where you're increased to pain, sensitivity, poor nutrition, dehydration, poor circulation. It's not a deficiency of tail and all. You don't have pain because of a perkostet deficiency or a vicotin deficiency. But that's what doctors give you. Perkostet viking And you know what, this stuff has heroin. It's an opioid. They have heroin in them. So these pain killers that we're given for back pain, neck pain, headaches, whatever it is, is actually heroin in a pill. Right. A lot of these drugs, you know, they're just legalized amphetamines, legalized opioids. Right, So it's just like these street drugs. But now the pharmaceutical companies are making money. Stop taking these painkillers to hide your symptoms. As a functional doctor, I always get to the root cause of the pain. Now, the pain is protecting you. If you have back pain and you take an aspirin or a tie and all or a pain killer or an anti inflammatory and said or an opioid, a pergistead viking in right, So these drugs are gonna hide your symptoms. Now because you don't have pain, you might do stuff you're not supposed to right. So maybe that back pain was preventing you from bending down to tie your shoes, because if you did bend down to tie your shoes, now you're gonna cause more nerve compression, more disc problems, more muscle spath them. So the brain gives you pain and says stop, don't bend over anymore. But if you interrupt those signals with medication, now you're gonna end up doing stuff you're not supposed to. Now the brain isn't protecting you. Now you're gonna do something that can aggravate your condition and prolong your recovery period. Is that the smart idea? My opinion, not so much. I think it's better to have the pain because that pain is going to prevent you from doing an activity that's going to aggravate you. It's protecting you. The body's always protecting you. If you have pain, it's protecting your nerves. If you have a fever, it's heating up to kill off the virus. If you have a tumor, it's keeping these cancer cells and encapsulated so they don't infect the rest of your body. Your body smart. When you have that headache, it's telling you there's something wrong. It's letting you know there's a problem. But the key is to get to the root cause of the problem, not hide symptoms. Get to the root cause because once you get to the root cause, then you could fix the problem. All right, So stop taking pills to cover up symptoms, and that's including natural stuff. Right. If you can't sleep, don't take melatonin. Figure out why you can't sleep. If you take melatonin, then your brain says, oh, you're producing melatonin for me. I don't need to produce it on my own, and then it actually decreases the melatonin production. Right. You're not smarter than the human body. So you got to get to the root cause. Why aren't you sleeping? Is your brain overactive? Or you're not breathing properly, You're not in a good position. Is the room temperature too high? Do you have too much stimulation in the room? Do you have Wi Fi in the room or electricity? Uh? Did you eat too late at night? Did you check your cell phone right before bed? Did you watch the news before bedtime? Do you have an issue with your sympathetic nervous system. Do you have an issue with your peneal gland a thyroid issue, your gernal gland, your kidneys, or your cortisol levels too high. There could be a lot of reasons for sleeping difficulties, but as a functionalrologist, we get to the root. Car I don't just write a prescription for ambient That's not the best way to solve your sleeping difficulties. I don't just give you a sea pap, which is this mask you have to wear to help you sleep. I say, how come you're not breathing? How come your brain's not turning off? Once we figure out the why, then we could come up with the solution. Right. If you have high blood pressure, you don't just take high blood pressures. Figure out why you have high blood pressure? Is it your diet? Is it your sedentary lifestyle? Is it your stress? Is it too much inflammation? Is it dehydration? Right, so you gotta figure out, Hey, why do you have diabetes? Too much soda sugar? Are you eating late at night? Right? So you figure out why. Once you figure out why, then we come up with the solution. So if you want a doctor that wants to figure out the why, then CAPL and Brain and Body is for you. For more information, check out our website. Kaplindc dot com, or you could join us on social media. We have Facebook Caplin Brain Embody, We have YouTube Caplin Brain and Body. We have Instagram at Kaplan Brain Body, and we have TikTok at doctor Eric Kaplan. We also have a lot of YouTube videos about over one hundred videos that are totally free that you could use to function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases, that this is the show for you. Don't mis boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan and you will learn naturalive and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact the doctor Kamplin, you can call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplindc dot com.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Aplin, and you're listening to boost your brain power. We're going to talk about the importance of weightlifting. Weightlifting is one of the most important things you could do to improve your health and well being. First of all, it's gonna make your muscles stronger, all right. We need to get our muscles stronger. Everybody is too weak these days, all right, and you have to be super strong throughout your life. They did some research people who could do push ups, and they found out people who could do ten pushups right are ninety five percent less likely to get a heart attack or a stroke versus someone who can't do ten push ups. So by doing ten pushups every day, you're not only getting your muscles stronger, but you're preventing heart attack and stroke just by doing ten push ups a day. If you're able to do ten pushups a day, your mood will get boosted. You have a walking pharmacy inside your muscles. If you have anxiety and depression, one of the best things you could do is weight resistant exercises, And especially with depression, you have to make progression. So start off with five pounds and five reps. But then you got to go to six reps and seven reps and eight reps, and then you go from five pounds to ten pounds to fifteen to twenty pounds, so you got to keep on increasing your workload. That's one of the quickest ways to get out of the depression is to make progression in physical exercise. So the quickest, easiest, safest route to take. So when you do weight resistant exercises, it's gonna get your muscle stronger. And as your muscles get stronger, you get rid of fat. Now, if you follow my suggestions every week on how to get healthy, how to eat healthy, how to exercise more, when you lose weight, you're gonna lose eighty percent fat and twenty percent muscle. If you lose weight with ozembic and these diabetes medications, you're gonna lose eighty percent muscle and only twenty percent fat. That's scary. So your muscle's gonna become weaker. Your bones gonna become weaker, your brain's gonna become weaker. Guess what else is a muscle? Your heart. Your heart's gonna become weaker. Your intestines are muscles. They're gonna become weaker. So your cardiovascular system gets weaker, your neurologic system gets weaker, your gastrointestinal system gets weaker. By taking these diabetes medication, they're dangerous. They're not telling you the truth that you're losing eighty percent muscle that you need and you're only losing twenty percent fat. Very scary, So do it the right way. They're eating healthy, exercising, intermittent fasting, reducing your stress, going to bed early. That's the way to lose weight. Anybody could do it. I mean this week alone, you know, I've had seven, eight to nine patients all say that they're losing all this weight just by doing these simple changes of their daily life. Every day we hear this thing. You can do it. You just have to eat real food. Stop eating stuff in boxes and cans and bags will process foods, food dies, preservatives, artificial flavors, artificial sweeteners, it's all crap, it's all toxic. Be like a hunter gatherer whenever you could hunt, whatever you could gather. We're not talking about stuff that's made in factories and processed and put in cans and bags. We're talking about real food that comes directly from the earth. It's not that complicated, real food directly from the earth, all right, So you always want to make sure that you eat the colors of the rainbow every day. Something that's red, right, so, have some strawberries, something that's orange, Have some carrots, something that's yellow, Have some squash, something that's green. Have some cucumbers, something that's blue. Have some blueberries or blackberries. Something that's purple, you know, purple leaf, lettuce, or the purple onions, grapes, plums, eggplant. There's a lot of options. Just pick something every day where you eat all the colors of the rainbow, and then avoid all the white foods, right, sugar, dairy, flour, bread, rice, potatoes, cereals, crackers, alcohol, cream, cheese, sour cream, yogurt, cheese. Stay away from all that white stuff, all the dairy, all the sugar, all the bread products. That causes a lot of inflammation, right, So you can you know reverse any condition by getting to the root cause of it. I don't care whether it's heart disease, diabetes. Right, So not only do we have to lift weights, but we got to eat healthy two Now, when lifting weights, it is the best way to prevent osteoporosis. Right. You don't need medication when you have osteoporosis. You need to do weights, weight resistant exercises. The science is there. There's nothing more powerful than weight resistant exercise. Stop taking calcium pills. Oh my gosh. Every day a patient comes in and says, oh, I'm taking calcium. I'm so why are you taking? Oh I have osteoporosis. Oh I'm getting older. Oh I don't drink milk. Oh my doctor told me to. You gotta stop with the calcium pills. The calcium supplements are the most dangerous supplement you could take. They can lead to cancer, they can cause brain disorders, heart disease, arthritis. We don't want to take calcium now. If you're severely deficient, that's a different story. But you gotta check your blood work and if you have osteoporosis or osteopenia, that doesn't mean you're calcium deficient. It means your bones are weak. And most of the time it's got nothing to do with calcium. But almost all the time it has to do with no weight resistant exercises, sedentary lifestyle, not getting up sunlight, and low vitamin D. Ninety percent of people who have osteoporosis. That's the reason. So start lifting weights. Makes your muscle stronger, it makes your bones stronger, it makes your mood better, It improves your heart, your circulation, your hormones. My god, I see so many patients with a rectile dysfunction, and the first thing I tell them is, you gotta start lifting weights. Yes, there's a lot of brain issues with that. We gotta work on the autonomics, we gotta work on the hormones, the thyroid, gotta work on the circulation, the blood flow. So there's lots of stuff that we need to do. But my first assignment that I give them to do at home is weight resistant exercises. Weightlifting. That's gonna increase your testosterone when you do weight resistant exercise, that's going to improve your sleep. When people come to me with sleep decoration, insomnia, low energy fatigue, we get them to lift weights. The benefit of weightlifting is unmeasurable, and it doesn't necessarily have to be a gym membershit and you don't even necessarily have to buy dumbbells or any weights. You could use your own body weight like a pull up. You could go to the park and try and do pull ups. You could do push ups. If you're doing pushups, I recommend I'm using push up bars so you don't hurt your wrist. You can do like chair sits. There's lots of you know, weight resistant stuff that you can just use your own body weight. You can use your own kids. I just to do that all the time, you know, from when they were babies, I would use as the weights and you know, do shoulder presses, and as they got bigger, you know, I progress with my weightlifting. You can use grocery bags with bottle there's water in there to do resistant exercise. You can use those exercise bands. You can get a TRX strap. You know, there's so many different ways to do weight resistant exercises outside of weights. But you gotta do it because you got to deposit those minerals in the bones. You gotta resist, You gotta struggle a little bit, you gotta be some soreness if it's too easy, you're not going to gain any muscle mass. Right. If you're doing bicep curls with a pencil, you can do one hundred reps, but that's not going to do anything. It's better to do something really heavy and only do four reps. But you struggle, you gotta be uncomfortable. That's when you gain the most muscle mass. Now, a good trick I learned from Arnold schwartzenegg Or about weightlifting is what you do is you do whatever you're doing, a bench press, a girl, triceps, squats, whatever it is, lunges. So you do it until you can't do any more. Then you start counting. Let's say I'm doing bicep curls. I do one, two, three, and I do twenty bysepcurls and now oh I can't do any more. Okay, Now I'm gonna start counting, and I'm gonna say one more, two more, and whatever it is. Those last two are the ones that gain the most muscle mass, and that will help you function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan. You're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: Don't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six ' one two one five zero or email info at kaplanbrainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Caplan, or visit kaplandc dot com for more information. Function better, feel better, and live a better life.
Speaker 2: This is doctor Eric Caplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. Now. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Now, how do you prevent? The key to prevention is creating good habits, and it all starts out with your morning power hour. That first hour in the morning should be focused on you and your health. And if you have to wake up a little bit earlier. Wake up a little bit earlier, so I wake up super early before my wife wakes up, before my kids wake up, so I can have my power hour, so I could do everything I need to do to get my day going. And what's the power hour? Wake up and do oil pulling, which is coconut oil. You swish coconut oil all around your mouth, and then you do it just for thirty seconds every morning, and then spit it out in the garbage. Not in the sink because that'll mess up your pipes, but spit it out in the garbage and that gets rid of all your bacteria. First thing in the morning. Then gargle really intensely for thirty seconds. Then splash your face with cold water. This is gonna get your nervous system ready for the day, primes your brain. Then it's good to go to the bathroom and make sure you're in a make sure you have a bowel movement. You want to do that first thing in the morning, right when you get up. And you should only have one bowel movement a day. First thing in the morning, right when you get up. All right, so we eat throughout the day when we need energy. Now at night, don't eat, so you want to stop eating at least four hours before bedtime. Idealistically, you're done eating by six and you're going to bed by ten, so that you got four hours from dinner to bedtime. Therefore, you don't have any food in your stomach. You never want to go to bed with a full stomach. You always want to go to bed on an empty stomach. Therefore, you can absorb digest detox from all the food you eat during the day. Then when you wake up in the morning, now you're ready to have your bowel movement of all the stuff that willn't absorb a process and bed stuff that you need to eliminate. If you keep going to the bathroom, that means your first bowel movement wasn't efficient, all right, So real good bowl moment, first thing in the morning. That's it. When you have a bowel movement, take a look. You want a nice s shape. You want partial sinking, partial floating, all right, those are important things to note. It shouldn't be ever a struggle to push out. It should come out pretty easily. Those are good bowel movements for your nation. You don't want it too dark. You know that means you know you're dehydrated. You don't want it too light. You know that means you're not getting rid of the bad stuff either. All right, So you gotta have good shape, good buoyancy for your bowel movements. You gotta put good color for your urination. That's first thing in the morning. So you've already done oil pulling, you've done cold water on their face, you've done gargling, you've had a bowel movement, you've urinated. Now it's time to read. Read a page of your book. I don't care if it's just one page, but read every day. You know, if you could read ten pages, beautiful, But I don't care if it's just one page. But be consistent and read something that's beneficial. Something about your health, something about self help, something educational. Something maybe help with your job or business or finances, or something to help with your spirituality or your charity. You know, something that's gonna better your life or others around you, not just some you know, sleazy romance novel. Like you know, read something that's going to benefit you, even if it's education. Hey I'm gonna learn Spanish or something, or you know, read something good, not about celebrities or sports or the news, something healthy. That's your morning power hour. You gotta read at least one page of a book. Then you got to write down your gratitude journal, something you're grateful for. I don't care if it's just one thing I'm grateful. I could see I'm grateful. I could hear. You know, you should be grateful every morning you wake up. And I heard this great interview and this guy goes, hey, what if I gave you ten million dollars today? Would that make you really happy? He's like, yeah, I'd be pretty happy, he said, you know, pretty pretty hard to get you upset after just giving you ten million dollars. He sa, Yep, that would make me pretty happy. And then he goes, what if I gave you this ten million dollars but you couldn't wake up the next morning? Nope, God doesn't even hesitate. I wouldn't take the ten million dollars. Son An interview goes, so, what you're saying is that waking up every morning is more valuable than ten million dollars, And the guy goes, eh, I never thought about it like that. So every morning you wake up, it's like winning the lottery. You should be grateful just to wake up. You should be grateful. You could see, you can hear, you can pee, you can poop. You should be grateful. You have a roop up over your head, you could lock your door at night, You know where your next meal is coming from. You got clothes on your back. You have a family or friends that love you. You live in in one of the best countries in the world. You don't live in you know, some Middle East country where women can't drive or they can't you know, show their skin, or you're not living in you know, Ukraine where you're getting bombed by Russians, or you're not living in the you know, Israel where there's wars constantly, and you know, you're not living in Venezuela where people are starving to death, and you know in communist countries where they're persecuting their citizens. I mean, you know, you have to be thankful for everything. If you could walk, write that down in your gratitude journal, if you could talk, write that down in your gratitude journal every day. Be grateful that you you know, you have a brain, that you have a heart, that you have lungs, that you have a kidney, a spleen, you know, I have a patient that they had to sew his butt closed because he had colitis. Very scary and he used to walk around with the bag for the rest of his life. So if you can poop, put that on your grateful list, all right, So every day writes stuff that you're grateful and then say it out loud. When you say it out loud, it becomes more powerful. And negative stuff is five times stronger than positive stuff. So if you're dealing with you know, people at work, or you're dealing with your family members, or your kids, or your spouse, whatever it is, give them five good compliments first before the one criticism. Right. If you're you know, raising your kids, give them five compliments first before you're telling them what they did wrong. And when you're talking about yourself, you know, say five good things about yourself before you want to criticize yourself, where usually are harshest critics. Right, You're so much better, healthier, smarter, better looking than you ever give yourself credit for. Right, So start talking positive about yourself. Start talking positive about the people around you, about your job, about your education, about your family, about your church, whatever it is. But talk positive. You got to do it. Five times more powerful, and if you say it out loud, it's ten times more powerful than thinking it right. If you think to yourself, hey, you know what, my memory is pretty good, it's not as powerful as if you say out loud, my memory is good. Say it out loud. I'm healthy, I'm loving, I'm smart, and I'm handsome. Tell yourself that, look in the mirror and say it. Write it down. Write down your goals. You are what you think. I don't care what your goals are. You know, if your goal is to, you know, get a new pair of glasses, you write that down every day till you get a new pair of glasses. If you want, you know, a new water heater, write it down every day to you get that water heater. You want that new construction project in your basement, write it down until it happens. You want to get a promotion, write it down till it happens. You want a new bike, write it down till you get it. I always write down everything I want in my life, and I always get it. But if you don't write it down, you don't get it. You gotta write it down, you gotta say it out loud. It becomes more powerful. Remember, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. So you got to get in these good habits, which include writing down your gratitude journal and writing down your habits. Okay, now what's the next habit? Water? You gotta go down in the kitchen, get your filtered water, put your Celtic salt in there, and chug a glass of lemon water first thing in the morning. That's your morning power hour. Now you drank your water. You did all your stuff upstairs. Now time to exercise. I don't care if you go to the gym. I don't care if you go for a run outside. I don't care if you do your little bands in your basement. I don't care if you take a dance class, doomba class, a pilates class, a yoga class, an orange theory class, a bar class. Do something. I don't care if it's with people, without people at home, outside, at the gym. Just exercise every day. Do something. I don't care if you just run to the end of the block and run back a thirty second exercise. But do something where you just sweat a little bit, your heart started beating, started breathing a little heavy. You gotta exercise every day. Then you gotta come home, take a nice shower and in cold, and your showering cold at your morning power hour. And you got a meal prep, get your healthy breakfast ready, get a healthy lunch ready. Know what your healthy dinner is. If you're gonna be out all day, make sure you got snacks. So you gotta get your meals ready for the morning power hour. And then you got to do like a little meditation so you transition from home life to work life. Do a little meditation. I don't care if it's a thirty second meditation, but that's part of your mourning power hour. Thirty second meditation. Everybody could do that to finish off your power hour to prevent future problems so you function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases. That this is the show for you. Don't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kappa and you will learn natural, integrative, and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact doctor Kamplin, you can call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplindc dot com.
Speaker 2: Function Better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan and you're listening to boost your Brain PAP. So there's lots of ways to improve your brain function and prevent future problems. One of the biggest fears is Alzheimer's or dementia, and we can prevent that, but you got to start now because Alzheimer's takes forty years to develop. And we're seeing a lot of patients that have had memory problems after COVID and it's been five years and they're still having memory problems. What happens is this super virus gets into the bloodstream and then attacks the brain. So people lose their memory. They get brain fog, depression, anxiety, even heart problems, stomach problems as a result of this virus. So we got to kill off the virus because if you have any little straggle as they start attacking, and if you have inflammation or an acidic environment, now they could replenish. Now, they could duplicate. Now they could take over your body, especially if you're not sleeping right, if you're stressed, if you're dehydrated, if you're not eating right. So those things will put you out of weakness. Now the virus could take over, and we don't want this virus attacking your brain creating memory problems. Heavy metals can attack the brain. Mercury, lead, aluminum, Stop using aluminum foil, you know, aluminum cans, aluminum pans, aluminum deodorant. There's aluminum in the air, there's aluminium medicine, it's everywhere. You want to prevent dementia, Alzheimer's, Stay away from the aluminum. Stay away from mercury. It's in your teeth, it's in the fish. Stay away from lead, it's in the paint. It's in the pipes, it's in the water. Stay away from arsenic. It's in apple juice and brown rice. Stay away from cadmium. It's in fried chicken. Right. We have all these toxins in our environment. Fluoride, it's in our water. Gotta filter that out. It's in our tooth based. Don't get toothbased with fluoride. When you go to the dentist, tell them you don't want the fluoride treatment. I mean florid literally will lower your IQ. It's been proven scientifically. You want to become stupid. More fluoride, more aluminum, more lead, more mercury. You want to prevent Alzheimer's, dementia, Parkinson's, you better start getting rid of this stuff. Get it out of your life. You stainless steel cookware, glass containers, glass water bottles, stainless steel glass storage. Stop using aluminum plastics, foils. That stuff is toxic. Now. The most number one, most important thing for prevention of Alzheimer's and dementia is novelty. You gotta do new things. I want you to do something new every single day. What did you do today that's new that you've never done before? Think about it. Have you done anything that's new. Reading is not new, You've done that before. Right. The crossword puzzle is not new, you've done it before. You know, Sudoku is not new, You've done it. You gotta do stuff you've never done. You got to meet new people, go to new places, do new activities, sign up for new groups, join new clubs, take new roots, prepare new meals, learn new languages, learn a new instrument, learn a new dance, move new novelty. Stuff you're not comfortable with. Get out of your comfort level. Don't be creatures of habit, and your brain's gonna deteriorate, and it might be already deteriorating. Now, Now, how do you know if you're at risk for Parkinson's dementia, stroke, Alzheimer's diabetes. How do we know if you're at risk for depression, anxiety, headaches, dizzyness. How are we going to prevent it if we don't know? Well, the key is doing testing. I'm gonna tell you about three tests and we're gonna give you big gift at the end. So stick around for a few minutes and you'll get that. The first test that's gonna help us discover if you have an issue now or you're going to maybe have an issue in the future. It's called a q EEG brain mapping. A q EEG brain mapping is a really easy test. There's no X rays, there's no radiation. It's not an MRI. We're take contrast fluid. It's not these scans where you gotta ligne some claustrophobic tube. Super easy. Just sit in a chair, you wear this cap. It's got electrodes attached to it, and all you do is just close your eyes and it measures all your brain waves. It measures your alpha brain waves, which how you are normally, measures your beta brain waves, which is how you are when you're really thinking and focusing or taking a test or presenting. It measures your beta brain waves. That's when you're daydreaming, you're in la la land, you're just kind of looking at the window, watching the birds chirp, and you know, kind of looking at nature, daydreaming that type of stuff. And then you have your delta brain waves. That's when you're sleeping, when you're at rest, relaxation. So all these different brain waves. Now more important than the brain waves is the location of where the these abnormal brain waves occur. So with a qEEG brain mapping test, we measure these brain waves and based on the location of where the abnormal brain waves are, we can literally diagnose which parts of the brain are abnormal and which are functioning well. It'll tell us. Do you have sleep deprivation? Do you have insomnia? Do you have a working memory problem? Do you have a short term memory problem sequential memory? Do you have long term memory? Do you have troubles with focus? Do you get distracted easily? You have troubles with attention? Do you have the depression anxiety? Do you have problems with organization, time management, punctuality. Do you have sensory issues tonight is floaters in the eyes, light sensitivity, sound sensitivity, ringing in the ears. Do you have clumsiness bumping into things? You have propioceptive issues? You feel weird things on your skin? Weird senseas notumbness or tingling or bugs crawling. Do you have skin problems? Do you have dopamine problems with sety coline problems? Do you have a thyroid problem. Do you have an intestinal inflammation? Do you have brain inflammation? Do you have you know a concussion? Do you have heavy metal poisoning, Do you have viral attacks, do you have troubles with focus? And do you have troubles with speech and executive functions and balance and coordination? And the qEEG brain mapping literally picks everything up. It's amazing. I love it. Patients love it because they could see what's wrong and we give them the solution too, which is even better. So sign up for this qEEG brain mapping. We're gonna give you guys a gift. Just stick around for the next minute and I'll let you know how to take advantage of that. It's normally six hundred dollars, but if you stick around, you could get it for twenty one dollars. And the next best test, it's called a VNG video nostography, and that is a test where you wear these goggles and they got infrared cameras in them and they measure your eye movements that go fast and slow, and they go left and right, and they go up and down, and with light and dark, and with head movements and without and so it could literally tells us which areas of the brain are overactive and which areas of the brain are underactive. If they're overactive, you're gonna have troubles with sleep, and your mind's racing, and you got eighth D and you thinking a million miles per hour, and you're overthinking everything, and you might have anger and aggression, and you might have you know, heart palpitations and tachycardia, and you might have problems with anxiety and high stress and increased cortisol levels and hormonal stuff. That's everything's overactive. The vg will pick that up. And it'll also pick up what's underactive depression, low motivation, bad memory, fatigue for metabolism, obesity, So all these things occur from a brain that's underactive. The VNG will pick up and is it the right side is, the left side is at the front door. The parietal picks up which side which lob of the brain, which is overactive, which is underactive? I love this VNG, no radiation, no side effects. It's also normally six hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call it text or email, you could get the BNG for only twenty one dollars. The third test is called a qEEG I'm sorry. It's called a one on one test with me. And what we do there is check your memory. We check your heart, your lungs, your gut, your balance, your coordination. I go over your q EEG, I go over your VNG. We go for blood work if you've done any MRIs or cat scans. Takes about forty five minutes. We come up with a complete diagnosis, a prognosis, and treatment recommendations. That one on one with me is normally six hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call text or email you can get it for only twenty one dollars. You could do virtual also, if you're far away and you don't want to come to my New York office or my New Jersey office, you could do a virtual visit. So we do that over FaceTime or Zoom or WhatsApp or any you know medical apps that you may have, so we're able to diagnose you as well as give you recommendations over the internet as well. But you got to be one of the first seven people to call text or email to get the one on one with me for only twenty one dollars. And if you want all three, just say I want all three tests for twenty one dollars each call text or email. Here is the number six four six two two one, six, seven three eight. The email is info at Kapler, Brainbody dot com. Tell them you listen to the show Kaplan Uh, Brain and Body to Boost your Brain Power Radio show, and you want to do all three tests for twenty one dollars each and again the number is six four six two two one, six seven three eight. If you like the show and you like information, you can visit our website kaplindc dot com. If you want to get my book, you can get on Amazon. It's called Boost your Brain Power, a Guide to improving your Memory and focus. Brain Power is one word. It's a big blue brain on the cover. You could get that on Amazon. And if you want to hear the old shows, just go on the website or the app and just you know, go into archives and put in boost your brain Power with Doctor Eric Kaplan and you can listen to all my old shows so you function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you just listen to boost your brain Power.
Speaker 3: Don't miss Boost your brain Power with Doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength. By following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience, join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six y' one two one five zero, or email info at Kaplan, brainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Caplan, or visit kaplandc dot com for more information.
Speaker 1: The proceeding was a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.