Speaker 1: Ben and Skin Show ninety one point one The Eagle. Thank you for hanging out with us today. We got some map stuff to get to later in the show. There's a big, big return happening tonight. We'll tell you all about. I'm looking forward to the big finish. Today we have the best of Ben and Skin clips for the month of March, and we've been told that they're pretty damn funny, so do stick around for that. Of course, we'll do the Today game and that will not be podcast. The only segment you have to listen live if you want to hear it. That's coming up in one hour. We also have Ausi's on Sorry tickets. He is coming here in about a week or so Dallas Music Hall and we're gonna give away tickets using the iHeart app. The fifth person that leaves a talkback message on the iHeart app with their name, their phone number, their email address, and the answer to the question what thing is being released tonight that Ben is super excited about. Christina and her boyfriend were trying to download it.
Speaker 2: They couldn't.
Speaker 1: We were talking about it in the first segment. If you know what it is, you can be the fifth person to tell us. You're gonna win those ausies on sorry tickets.
Speaker 2: Good luck everybody, but right now it's time for this producing your moves, Hot Goss if lived, come stay on top in the high woot shovel iceman out. Val Kilmer dead at the age of sixty five. Cause of death pneumonia. Now he had throat cancer diagnosed with that back in late twenty fourteen, kind of overcame it. It definitely affected his speech quite a bit, and his uh, his daughter has confirmed that it was pneumonia that took him out.
Speaker 1: I saw I was reading a New York Times article about him last night and I saw a picture of him from twenty fourteen, and I had not seen him in a really long time. I was trying to remember. Wasn't he in Entourage for a couple episodes? Kind of had gotten big or something. The picture I saw of him in the New York Times from twenty fourteen, I thought he looked really good. And I knew that he had been I mean, that's a decade ago, and I knew that he had been deteriorating and had not really been out there much. But I never saw top Gun Maverick. Wasn't he in that. Yeah, he was in top gun Maverick, but he couldn't speak, so his son did I think they he faced you know, he lip synced his son at his voice. He did, he veeled it was. Was he in it for very long?
Speaker 2: Ben? No?
Speaker 1: I mean he had a He's an important part of it because he's the one who was kind of like Maverick's guardian angel, helping him stay and employed and get gigs. And he had elevated to be the big, big boss and so but he I mean there was times where Maverick would like talk to him. They would text each other, okay, and so he didn't have to talk, right, which is pretty cool because so many people really do text. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, And I mean it's a part of that story.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: One of the things I was thinking about too with Val Kilmer, probably his heyday is the nineties.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean he was a batman.
Speaker 1: He was a batman, he was in heat, he was doc hology, so all that stuff I believe was in the nineties. And one of the things that I realized about my perception of Val Kilmer is that when he was in his heyday, I was not checking out a lot of Studio movies in the nineties, and so I don't know that I had held him in the regard that I probably should have, Like I really dug heat. I thought that was cool and he had a good role in that, but you know, that was really all about de Niro and Pacino in a lot of ways. And I know that he's a big deal. But like the movies of the eighties, and I liked that he was in or kind of you know, it's top gut and it's real genius.
Speaker 2: Like the five eighties movies.
Speaker 1: He was in Top Secret. Top Z was his debut and I loved that movie as a kid. Awesome in the top Gun, Real genius. Two more, Uh oh, what year did The Doors come out?
Speaker 2: That was ninety one?
Speaker 1: Okay, which, by the way, he's a great Jim Morrison, But man, does that movie suck.
Speaker 2: The Doors is not a good movie. I think I've just like seen clips of it. I don't think I've seen He's.
Speaker 1: A great Jim Morrison, but the movie is it's basically always saying it all it's Oliver Stone's fantasy.
Speaker 2: It's not good. He put out a record No. Seven, did he Kilmer did?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Top Secret in real genius. Yeah, in Top Gun? What are we missing? In Top Gun?
Speaker 2: Was he in? Uh? One word? Nineteen eighty eight one word? You could describe it as like a tree or one of will Smith's kids.
Speaker 1: Willa Willo. I don't think I saw Willow. And is that a sci fi thing? Like a fantasy sci fi thing?
Speaker 2: Oh? Do you remember will O? Ben No? I thought that that was like a Jim Henson sci fi fantasy thing. Nineteen eighty nine. Yeah, willoppears to be an American high fantasy adventure adventure film advancure film. They had muppets and crap in nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 3: Three three words uh huhn nopeh stab stab your not stab stroke your uh uh choke no not choke strangle no Lexus Texas.
Speaker 1: Psycho kill kill kill kill your kill we kill you me me and then softly, no, kill me softly and over repeatedly kill me forever killing me softly with his words kill bill, kill kill the clasp killin ma get clapped to this.
Speaker 2: That is that the movie I've never heard of? That you heard of? That? Kill me again? A good movie?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: I loved it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, Real Genius and Top Secret were like in you know, for us those years where you're developing your sense of humor, and that was right in that immature wheelhouse that they were awesome. Obviously, he was great as iceman in Top Gun, and you mentioned Tombstone. He was great in that, amazing in Heat. There's two other movies he was in that aren't as acclaimed, but he was really good in them. One of them I really love, and that's Thunderheart. Did you guys ever see Underheart? I don't think I saw that. Thunderheart, Oh, I know what that is. Thunderheart is he is a He is like a detective and they're trying to solve a murder, but it's on Indian territory. Yeah, and then he is taken back to I think his roots and they realized that he actually has some Indian blood and so he's having this really cool experience while he's going through all that. I thought it was really good. And the other one was The Saint, which I've seen a million times on cable.
Speaker 2: That's where he dances under the lasers.
Speaker 1: I think Elizabeth's shoe is in that, yes, and she is a he can take on all these different roles and she's like a scientist to his figure out some incredible thing to save the world or something. But yeah, it's both.
Speaker 2: Those are pretty good. All of them are pretty good. Okay, so that obviously Tombstone's what's his biggest role ever? Like you should the one say it? Top Gun?
Speaker 1: I mean, I think so. It's the biggest movie he was ever in, But it wasn't the biggest role. Yeah, I means is the biggest role he ever had? I think I think I think probably too. There was so much height about heat. I mean, that was a very it was a Michael Man movie. It was the first time de Niro and Pacino had been like they were both in Godfather too, but they were never in a scene together, right, So there was just so much hype.
Speaker 2: But I think probably.
Speaker 1: And it's not for me because I never saw it, But I think, isn't he most known for Tombstone?
Speaker 2: Maybe I would say Batman?
Speaker 1: For people our age.
Speaker 2: Age, It was definitely That's the first thing I thought of, was Batman.
Speaker 1: Jim carry back, Ai says Val Kilmer is best known for his roles in iconic films like Top Gun, Tombstone, and The Door. Okay, I actually just kind of a hammer home. My point about when his heyday.
Speaker 2: Was, I've never seen that Batman movie. No, you shouldn't. You wouldn't like it. It's got John Carry Jones and Jim Carrey was the Riddler. Yeah, now, Tommy A. Jones. They even got the paint wrong. They made it two face. He's purple on half side. No I care, it's always blue.
Speaker 1: I can't remember if we talked about this off air on air, but I saw a clip last week or two weeks ago of Jim Carrey talking about seeing Tommy Lee Jones right before they acted together in that Batman movie. He saw him out at a restaurant and he went up to him to start a conversation, and Tommy Lee Jones told him that he hated him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of people did not like Val Kilmer. No, no, no, Jim Carrey, Jim Carrey. He's like, I don't like I don't like your kind. You're not funny. I do not want to be near you. Wow.
Speaker 1: And he knew he was about to be in a movie.
Speaker 2: Yes, dude, tell me sucks. We can all agree with that, right.
Speaker 1: As what as a human, I don't know anything about him as a human.
Speaker 2: I think he's a great actor though he didn't even care that Harrison Ford didn't kill his wife.
Speaker 1: That's okay, that's fair that you're okay, you know what, that's the first good point you made six months. I gotta think of him as like a really good James Garner. He was great in No Country for Old Men, which was a great film. Javier Bardam is a beast. He's incredible in that, and I think he's incredible in The Fugitive.
Speaker 2: Pretty Costner turns into Tommy Lee Jones.
Speaker 1: What do you mean it's already already had the court. No, I don't know. It's just he didn't have a lot of room left. He's how old is he?
Speaker 2: They're very hat filled McCoy, Oh, that's the show they did. Uh, going and read a couple of things. I'm not tearing a guy down, but this is Kilmer. This is I would say this is a compliment the his co star in Tombstone, Michael Bain. You know Michael Bain. I'm Michael Bain's Michael gane or Bane from Batman.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: People ask me what it's like to work with Val Kilmer. I don't know. I never met him, never shook his hand. I know Doc Holliday, but I don't know Val Kilmer cool method. Okay. Richard Stanley, who directed Kilmer for three days in the Island of Doctor Moreau, oh, said vow would arrive in an argument. What happened. I don't like Val Kilmer, I don't like his work ethic, and I don't want to be associated with him ever again. Damn Batman Forever. Director Joel Schumacher called Kilmer childish and impossible. Okay.
Speaker 1: Now keep in mind when he worked with Schumacher and by the way, Schumacher's no trip through the none of these people are but Kilmer was also younger.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know, yeah, okay. Mira Sorvino did say this in the movie First Sight Boy. You so I like the way she did her thing. She was asked about his reputation as being difficult to work with, and she said, you know what, he was real easy to work with. I hate furthering rumors about people being difficult because it can do such damage through their careers, to which iall went, who said something mad about her? My experience with him was nothing but positive.
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 2: It's a split. There was a so.
Speaker 1: One of the guys who used to be considered difficult to work with, and his peer of his age wise is Robert and they were in a movie together and I saw Robert Downey Junior say when I first I'm paraphrasing, but when I first met him, I hated him. I couldn't stand him. And after the end of the process we became really good friends and stayed in touch. Man, I just think sixty five. Sixty five, that is young man. Yeah, that's way too young to go.
Speaker 2: Pneumonia too, So have you got pneumonia or something? Go get it checked out. Don't risk that, especially if you're older. So rip, We'll tip our hats to the great Val Kilmer. I'd like to hear some very disgusting audio that has future drops in it. Yes, Maury Povich is eighty six. Nice and he started a podcast with Connie Chung, who's seventy eight. Are they still married? They are still married, okay, all right? And they have sex on Sundays. Dope, I feel sexiest when you or me you.
Speaker 4: I feel sexiest on Sundays.
Speaker 2: Never on Sunday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not our Oh it's always been. Everybody says, can we play golf on Sunday? No, Sundays with Connie.
Speaker 1: I'm not all right, can I before I say what? Before I say what? I want to say about that? Is that an iHeart product? Because we are the podcast leader. It's Connie Chung and who Mario Mary Povich her husband. They've been married for a long time.
Speaker 2: So she's at the end when you hear making noises, she's putting the key up to her lip like I'm not saying anymore. I'm not telling everyone. I'm not elaborating on you rolling around on me on Sundays.
Speaker 1: Oh I would thought she was saying she wasn't incorporating that action.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I don't think so. Well, maybe that's interesting. That's now old and creepy, he sounds.
Speaker 1: I just I need to know if it's an iHeart podcast before everything's on iHeart.
Speaker 2: Okay, our competitors you can find on the iHeart Act. We haven't.
Speaker 1: I feel like I feel like everyone will love that podcast product.
Speaker 2: So I want you to now work with me here because there's a couple of drops here. She is again not wanting to respond that his golf golfing buddies wanted to come out on Sunday. Uh huh Sundays are for Connie. All Right, she's gonna strap you know, so like she's does not want to comment, but listen to the grunt at the end by him.
Speaker 4: Everybody says, can we play golf on Sunday? No Sundays with Connie?
Speaker 2: I'm not all right, you say a lot. I'm not like, I'm not talking.
Speaker 1: I would love to see the statistics on people over the age of seventy five that listen to podcasts.
Speaker 2: I would love to see that too. And also I just think he watches a lot of NFL Red Zone laying down with his head off the end of the back. Okay, she's not watching it. She's facing the head Ford. Do you think he's okay? Saying reverse cal County? Are you? Are you doing the Gemstones man? John Goodman too respected to be doing.
Speaker 1: All Right, There you have it. There's the Hollywood shuffle. Rest in peace. Val Kilmer coming up next, Let's go around the sports. The Rangers win back to back one zero wins. We'll talk about the historical relevance of that next. Right here on the Eagle