Speaker 1: How's everybody doing. Clippers fans, Welcome to an off season happy hour hang here at Clips and Dip. I am Chuck Walckler, joined by Adam Oslin. William Updyke is unavoidably detained. I'm coming at you a little bit earlier than usual, just because I had a slow work day and there was some news yesterday. If you're listening to this and you missed the live over at YouTube dot com at Clippers Podcast, check us out over there, like and subscribe and you can know when we do these fun and happy hour lives. Adam, I will be honest. I kind of missed parts. Let's call it three through twelve.
Speaker 2: That's it of the Kowhi.
Speaker 1: I just didn't want to listen to I saw the aggregation, but I was just I put it out. I listened I because yesterday I was like, well, I'm not doing anything at six pm on a Thursday. What's up? Ali Maleek? Hope you're well in the chat, and so I sat down and listened to it. Gotta be honest, man, this kind of smells. I don't feel super great. And I'm talking public opinion wise, obviously, because we still have to wait for this investigation. I don't feel great after that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a higher level of concern for me after this compared to the Rhode Island FC investigation from the week before.
Speaker 1: Remember how fun that was that feeling that, oh this is great, Oh this is what it has to do with.
Speaker 3: I felt better after the Rhode Island FC one than I did beforehand. It felt so thin and flimsy of evidence this time. I mean, the Clippers, Kawhi, They're gonna have to have a good explanation for this, you know. Otherwise the bylaws state that if it can't rationally be explained, circumstantial evidence is enough to punish them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's what's frustrating about this too. So Daktronics, which as soon as I mentioned Daktronics, I was like, of course, the JumboTron manufacturer. Who doesn't know who makes all the jumbotrons. That was a real uh lock in moment for me. Unfortunately, they are a publicly traded company, which kind of feels insane. But because of that, if there was a contract or something, it would need to be disclosed in some kind of filings, and I'm assuming the sec because their lawyers are already aware of the Clipper's investigation. I don't know, it seems like that maybe would have come out. I'm not trying to cope. I'm just like trying to think through because it wasn't very one sided, obviously, I'm trying to think through kind of more of the the ramifications. But it just smells. It smells worse than the aspiration thing to me.
Speaker 3: People making the same jokes over and over again. He literally said it in the episode. Guys, let's not give him too much credit, and I mean for coming up with that singer and multiple aspiration puns getting a little bit old.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah.
Speaker 3: I think the crux of this is we don't even know for sure. It's based off of two anonymous sources. One that was featured with a voice modulator that was a high level contractor on the Into It dome. Another that was a former official executive position with the Clippers something like that. He had text messages from or something. And they're the ones that are saying Kawhi definitely had a deal with Daktronics.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: We haven't heard from Daktronics that they had a deal for sure, because all we got was, well, they don't currently have a deal. Does that imply that at some point they might have had one.
Speaker 1: The word currently could be doing some heavy lifting. They're they're very I mean.
Speaker 2: That was me paraphrasing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, because in the ESPN article it was Leonard doesn't have an active contract with the company, which if you've been even just watching the last or listening to the last episode of the publicatory investigation, the words are chosen carefully, right, active, that kind of thing, that's not crazy for a company to do.
Speaker 3: Them having the crisis council or management team also did not feel good handling this. That part of it to me, That may tell you because they brought up the crisis management team brought up we're not sure how much Daktronics wants to talk about considering the Walktail investigation, and some are inferring from that that they must have already talked with Walke Teil.
Speaker 2: Of course, that's that's what.
Speaker 3: The takeaway is there, Unlike apparently Rhode Island FC that Pablo checked in on, and they have not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, part of me is like they've either talked to him. Yeah, I think they had to have talked to them, which again, and the term and the terms and the lens of public perception, the Clippers had already lost. I think it's fair to say in the lens of public perception.
Speaker 3: They lost after the first episode, right if this happened, like every fan basically say yes, it's them, they're the ones, and everybody's gonna point fingers and say the Clippers are bad, and everybody gets into fervor about these things, and I get it.
Speaker 2: That's just that's how these things roll.
Speaker 3: Guilty until proven innocent, I guess, and even then, I don't know some people will ever believe it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I I don't think, and there's I'm trying not to. Yeah, anyway, Sorry, this last episode just makes it stink more and I feel like put a little more dirt on the public perception grade because and they did mention, at least with Aspiration, there was fraud happening, and there was just this this Daktronics, when I was just like, damn this one.
Speaker 2: Actually this was a legitimate company.
Speaker 1: This one stings a bit. I do want to learn more about why they're publicly traded, because that feels crazy to me.
Speaker 2: It sounds like they've been around a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like they just anyway they do one thing.
Speaker 2: It's a big, big thing.
Speaker 1: That's one that's very true. Yeah, And I'm trying not to read because obviously anytime something that comes out from Pablo is like, how can I say that, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We get we.
Speaker 1: Get more reports that are like, oh, the belief is the punishment could be this after in turn, and it's like those I'm really trying to block out. And I would suggest everyone try the same too, because there was one getting aggregated today where it was like, there's some belief that the punishment won't actually be a big deal, and it's like, Okay, who is believing that and where's that belief coming from. That's what I'm trying to block out from my already kind of annoyed brain fog.
Speaker 3: Another guy that's a Raptors reporter is talking about voiding his contract and the picks being returned to the Raptors, even though it hasn't been finalized, so the Clippers don't have the picks. He is a Clipper currently, Kawhi Leonard, technically.
Speaker 1: He is a Clipper, and I was wondering, I can't imagine that. I don't know if this information was one hundred percent new to people like on the raptor something like that. I'm not sure. I'm assuming they're getting the information the same way that everyone else is. In my head, I can't imagine this helps the chances of the Raptors going through with the trade. But I don't. But I think that might just be paranoia because it's been less than twenty four hours since it came out.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't see how it would help if this was old. There was, but we have no idea what's going to come out. There's Pablo's investigation, there's the actual law firms investigation that the NBA is paying to have conducted. So did they find something different? Did they find real explanations for these things, something that makes it more rational as to why there would be so.
Speaker 2: Many connections and a web of them.
Speaker 3: Really, with the way Pablo presented it, we also don't know how accurately is it being presented. I'm not calling, you know, Pablo a liar, but we all have our biases, and at this point, I'm sure he's following evidence that comes back to his conclusion, which he seemed to make pretty early on in the investigation, that confirms his conclusion.
Speaker 2: He's looking for.
Speaker 3: Stuff that does that versus what could go against it. Maybe he has a Polzer Prize on the line. I don't think they're going to take it away, but this would validate it for him.
Speaker 1: Dude. Yeah, I don't know if we'll take that away. So Alex Web, this is bringing out. This is the exact thing I was talking about that was aggregated. Why does this guy I don't know. If Michael Grange, I'm not disputing any of his other stories, I don't know why he would know that. It's he doesn't go you know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 3: People even like putting that out there, I think is irresponsible. Like don't you think, first of all, why would Michael Grange know before Shams or all these other people. Like if one person knew, a lot of reporters would know that. That is called educated guests. Go off of the Athletic article from a few weeks ago where they talked about now they're looking at another endorsement deal. Now this could be that with Daktronics. That could be the other endorsement deal that was talked about a few weeks ago. With that follow up, it wasn't the Baxter homespiece because that was ESPN. But I forget the gentleman from the Athletic who originally said there's another endorsement they're looking at.
Speaker 2: We wonder what that was. It could be Daktronics. Not sure.
Speaker 1: I'll go as far to say I hope, because if it's not, that means it's a different thing connected to this. You know what I'm saying. I don't think. I think I speak for a fair amount of Clippers fans when it's like, it would be great if this swer to be the last thing, just the last thing. Can this be the last thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: A lot of Michael Grange's stuff is like obvious assumptions and not reporting or sourced stuff like I've read it, Alex, We've been through this before, my guy. I don't think it's the way you're presenting. It's very accurate. I love you, but I don't want to put out any misinformation here. If there isn't something conclusive and definitive, I don't want to say that stuff just because somebody has an opinion that more likely than not, Uh, it's concluded, so I can say I had it first.
Speaker 2: If I end up being right about this.
Speaker 1: It's hard to block some of the noise out. People are saying Cli is out the only player. Yeah, that's not really.
Speaker 2: I don't really I really don't like the what about is?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What about ism is lame?
Speaker 3: Is're the ones that are being investigated, Guys, like, of course this stuff happens in sports.
Speaker 2: Does it matter? Is that going to the Clippers?
Speaker 3: Yeah? But what about all these teams? Now you could the only argument you could make is a lot of this could come down to if there's a penalty, if they're guilty, how the other owners feel about it and how they feel about Balmer.
Speaker 1: That's what's gonna That's where it's really gonna get messy, because like, I don't know, man, it's such and I'm not I think if they did something wrong, they should be punished. I think Balmber's the one who should be punished. To spend him if he did something wrong, to spend him for a year or whatever from the ownership, do that kind of punishment. That would be great because then in my great but you know what I mean in terms of on court product, that's kind of I mean, it sucks, but they're not doc draft picks like fans aren't necessarily as punished or something like that I agree, but I don't know. I dislike Adam Silver because he does things like doesn't punish people when they should totally be punished, right, So, no matter what the punishment is, I can't see the Clippers getting punished too harshly. And that's also going to be a giant pain and they asked.
Speaker 3: To deal with Here's what Michael Grange said. Per league sources, there's a belief the investigation has already moved beyond its fact finding stage, and the parties involved, specifically the Clippers in the NBAPA, which is monitoring the situation to see what if any consequences before Leonard, are working quietly to get the entire issue resolved, something Silver hinted at back on July fourteenth, when he last spoke publicly on the issue. I'm sorry, but per league sources, there's a belief like it's not concrete. That's that's not enough for me to go, oh, this is definitely done and they're just sorting through the findings.
Speaker 1: My guess is we'll get a Friday news though.
Speaker 2: Well it is Friday.
Speaker 3: Well, you know we've been guessing this from from the league, from the league for months.
Speaker 2: We've been like it's gonna happen on a Friday. Here it comes, here, it comes.
Speaker 1: I just mean any friday between now. Wait, let me say that with a caveat any friday between now and twenty thirty.
Speaker 2: It could be a Saturday, could be a Sunday, be able to be.
Speaker 1: The day of the finals. We do have an actual basketball question. I also like, I don't really And that's the other thing, Like, I hope this is the last thing. I'm tired of this. It's annoying. I would like everyone to be able to move on from the choir because it's over. And I mean that not in a disrespectful way, but like, this is just such a we thought it was kind of a clean break and now it's like the complete opposite of that.
Speaker 2: It's taxing.
Speaker 3: Everybody's got frayed nerves and emotions right now in Cliffer Nation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's we're running on fumes. We got a question about basketball from Deuce times six' five THREE fi. FIVE i gotta, ask why are you guys so high On. WATSON i would rather have been over him any day of the. WEEK i would, Say i'm not like super high On. WATSON i think he could be good BUT i don't think giving him like twenty million DOLLARS i guess makes BUT i would rather have him Than ben.
Speaker 3: MATHER i, mean, okay tell me What Ben matherin, does that's, elite BECAUSE i know What Bade watson does that's, elite and that's. Defend he's already doing something at a really high. Level ben mcmathern what he does varies and goes up and, down and that's his offense where he can go quite a while where he's on a. DIP i don't think it's that hard of a. DECISION i like, bencmatherin but between those two, GUYS i Think watson has the higher upside of being a two way, wing which is a premier position in THE, nba and that's what most teams are looking.
Speaker 2: FOR i don't. Know could it just be, Me, NO.
Speaker 1: I THINK i THINK i. AGREE i MEAN i liked when the, option when it was just kind of math being on the. Team it was, like, okay.
Speaker 3: People are saying scorer, Scorers, okay do you want to go through some of the box scores of some of the games at the end of the season and see how feast or famine it can be at time or see the turnovers that he has when he's trying too hard to get to the free throw line and draw fols like that stuff Can Absolutely ben is an elist. Scorer you're not an e last score if you're scoring seventeen points per game in THE nba in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: SIX i, ALSO i, like you know we have you, Know matherin's peak was kind of like in that finals, game, right like he played well on that. Stage that was cool to. See watson's peak was a little, DIFFERENT i mean not a little, different a lot different because it was regular season, time, right so it was, like can you help fill this? Gap and he did a great job of, that which to me is maybe not as impressive of a High BUT i like that for what this, hm what their like trajectories are going to project out, to you know What i'm, Saying Like, matthew we don't really know what we're getting when he steps on The Like, watson.
Speaker 3: He has a reliable, skill which is his, defense which means even if shots aren't, falling he can still be a net positive out there because he's so good on.
Speaker 2: Defense that's the.
Speaker 3: DIFFERENCE i don't know people Calling ben had one bad week like some of the efficiency numbers are not.
Speaker 2: Great the advanced numbers do not Like ben.
Speaker 3: Mcmathurn And i'm just talking about if you think on Off splitz for that advance for, you that's pretty standard.
Speaker 2: Now if you're always losing the minutes.
Speaker 3: That he's out there on the court when it comes to offensive rating and defensive, rating and you're winning the minutes when he's not out there on the court in offensive rating and defensive, rating and it's over multiple, YEARS i have to take that somewhat. Seriously doesn't mean he can't overcome. That he's still very. YOUNG i want him. BACK i am just telling you if it's between him And Peyton, WATSON i don't think it's that hard of a, call.
Speaker 1: Right and we're not saying he can't get. Better that's not what we're saying at all. EITHER i Just watson seems Like i'm more intrigued By watson on this team long. Term WICKED K, pop who is A pacers. Fan hook you're doing, well, says Give ben back to. Us if you don't want, him we'll give You Jerris.
Speaker 3: WALKER i remember the good and bad From, benedict, right.
Speaker 1: We got to take both in and it's. Great he was plus two point. Six that's that's a bucket away from being.
Speaker 3: Even go back on the entire, year including The Indiana, pacers or go back to last. Year he was point one in net rating on a team that went to THE Nba. Finals he was plus point one With. Indiana you'd expect it to be better than that on a team that went to the. Finals and then the year before that he was a minus nine net rating for The Indiana pacers on the. Season i'm going off of large sample. Size you guys can go off of twenty six games with The. Clippers it's not a very good. ARGUMENT i still SAY i Want ben back because.
Speaker 1: And there's potential. There he's incredibly. Young his athleticism we need. Him getting to the free throw line is. Something, yes when it's, working we very much.
Speaker 2: Need see this is the.
Speaker 3: Problem people Go watson at one good. Month, no, no, no he had one elite. Month, offensively he is always. Good, defensively he was always good playing off Of jolkics cutting to the. Basket what he did in that one month is show you that he can also cook himself a little bit out. There and that was impressive to, see especially because they're, winning and it wasn't just empty numbers Because jokis was finally out and he had a chance to show what he could.
Speaker 1: Do we talked about this a little bit last, week but there's this like kind of fake idea That watson is going to play on this qualifying, offer WHICH i can't imagine that's going to. Happen, no that would BE i, mean his agent should probably be.
Speaker 2: Fired unless.
Speaker 3: Unless the real contract offered to him was seventy million for five, years so that's the only one that he could. Get that's the only WAY i could see him playing on the Qualifying he's, like, okay Well i'm not taking seventy over five, years so that's about fourteen million per.
Speaker 1: Year, Yeah i'm JUST i don't. KNOW i don't. Know there's been no We. Again this kind of goes back to The kauai. THING i think any of the move For watson is we have to wait for This kawi thing to be.
Speaker 3: Settled, MAYBE i mean that that's best guess that makes.
Speaker 1: Evolve any one in The kai.
Speaker 3: Trade, YEAH i JUST i don't know how people can't recognize how Volatile mathern can. Be and if you got another guy who has something that's very reliable in his, Defense i'm going with that, guy but that doesn't MEAN i don't Want. MATHERN i want. Both and If matherin is the one they end up, keeping.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: How do we Get watson dj in a?
Speaker 3: FIRST i think that's the most. Obvious i'm gonna say it for a. Month but now if you don't have to first coming From, toronto that's.
Speaker 1: What, yeah that's that makes things. Different if we have those two, first that's, great THEN i say, Awesome but we.
Speaker 3: DON'T i would consider giving Up indiana's twenty twenty nine, first because how Is indiana going to be that bad at that? Point what's What's haliburton going to be twenty? Eight, yeah A Visa zooba's gonna be like thirty. Three they shouldn't be that. BAD i don't know how good of a pick that's gonna.
Speaker 1: Be, WELL i, mean we'll know more in terms of How haliburton looks after The achilles. Too which also The, ACHILLES i feel like there's like generational injuries that show kind of a little bit what sports age you. ARE i am still don't really understand how professional basketball players can come back from a torn, achilles because for my age growing, up it was, like, well you're. Done you're never gonna play basketball, Again like you're not gonna able to get to that. Level and now we're just at a point where it's like it's. Unreal it's like when you, know Like Cheryl miller tears R acl it's, like, well you're never going to play competitive basketball. Again and then that was kind of a, thing and then it's, like, oh you're. Fine tommy john in baseball was. Normal now they can just repair your achilles. Tendon, sorry this is a, tangent BUT i still can't wrap my head around.
Speaker 2: It the one outlier Was. Dominique he tours his.
Speaker 3: Achilles that's played on a prove it deal with The clippers for like twenty nine games average thirty AND i think had one or two more elite. Seasons but then with age and the achilles maybe like slowly eroded his, athleticism even though at first he looked pretty. Good, yeah he was kind of the gold standard for a, while but for a long.
Speaker 1: While if you think about, IT.
Speaker 2: I MEAN kd definitely overcame. It but that's WHAT i, Mean.
Speaker 1: Like this is that era of like you can overcome a torn.
Speaker 2: Achilles, now it took Down elton brand in his. Prime we know.
Speaker 3: That, Yeah Chauncey billups.
Speaker 2: Or other stuff may have taken them.
Speaker 1: Down, yeah big R r SAYING i don't think we're going to Get. Watson denver holds all the, cards well kind. Of they're in the second, apron, right like they don't hold all the. Cards.
Speaker 3: YEAH i think there's a good chance that he goes to The clippers or To, milwaukee Because milwaukee has like a trade exception for twenty four million, dollars so they could give up picks Without denver having to take back much, salary if at, all For, watson and therefore could easily get under the second apron that. Way but do you sell that To? Jokich, hey we got these picks out of. THIS i know we lost the player on the court that helps us, win.
Speaker 1: Right, oh set your handle, one two. Three i'm so sorry no dips this.
Speaker 2: WEEK i, apologize, Thanks, PABLO i.
Speaker 1: Apologize this Is pablo's. Fault that's really what the what the? Issues this Is papa's. Fault send us dip. Recipes we've made them on the show, before we will make them. Again there also will not be an episode next week because it's one of the host's. Birthday, YEAH i JUST i just, YEAH i want The kauhi thing to be done so we can see what other moves we can, make, because like you, said if we're not getting those first two, PICKS i feel different about giving up a first For watson because they got to be really sure that he's going to become the.
Speaker 3: GUY i would just argue that if you're giving Up indiana's twenty twenty nine, pick they're probably pretty.
Speaker 2: Good the likelihood that that pick.
Speaker 3: Turns out to be somebody with the potential Of Peyton watson.
Speaker 2: Is not that, high just going off the. Odds BUT i get.
Speaker 3: It, people all of a sudden we got picks, again and you don't want to give them up as soon as you actually get them.
Speaker 1: Again, hey that's kind of How i'm, like let's Make but that's that's where the line, is, right can we get these extra two From? Toronto it's, Like, OKAY i feel fine about, this but not getting that then it's, like, well wait a, Second I'm pearl clutching those picks poblover in the. Year, no he did. It we Have Keaton woggler to watch next year we, have we have good things.
Speaker 2: Happening do not let that. Happen, Guys come, on, yeah do WHAT i.
Speaker 1: Did listen to the first two, parts check out for more than, ten lock in when you have nothing else to, do and then get bummed out by it a little bit because it does stink a little.
Speaker 2: Bit i'se clunch pro tip From schuck pro.
Speaker 1: Tip bail on ninety percent of the episode because they're not gonna help, you like. Not And i'm not saying that the reporting is bad or anything like, that but, like listening to these episodes as A clippers, fan it's just like, Great like you're just getting opposition info just yelled at, you and it's, like feels. Great.
Speaker 3: Dude somebody, said If pablo has proof of what he's, saying show it like he did With.
Speaker 2: Aspiration otherwise it's just.
Speaker 3: Talk so, well his proof is anonymous sources that aren't going on the. Record would they go on the record with the NBA's. Investigation would that be? DIFFERENT i, mean he is definitely able to hide behind that mountain of circumstantial evidence right now and say do you see? THIS i, mean he's he probably feels like he's in a good spot after, yesterday.
Speaker 1: He's in a great spot and again like because that's how they lined it, up and it's, like, YEAH i, THOUGHT i, Really i'm really mostly. Bomb they didn't have a snippet Of JOSEPH I ward on the last. EPISODE i was, like there's a non zero chance it.
Speaker 2: Was that was very shocking not to see.
Speaker 1: Justin that's that's WHAT i was most shocked. About other than, That, YEAH i don't. Know, oh We clippers Waved. Padulla, yeah it's a little.
Speaker 3: SURPRISING i, mean once they got And, picket it seemed like the writing.
Speaker 2: Was on the.
Speaker 1: Wall picket seems. Good he seems better Than padula.
Speaker 3: Too, yeah a little bit, older a little bit, bigger MORE nba. Experience he's had a crazy overtime game that he won them when they were down many men Against philadelphia who actually had him, vied which happened this.
Speaker 2: Season there was a.
Speaker 1: Post on The clippers subreddit where A nuggets fan was talking about them and they were, like on that, Deal like it's a pretty good. Deal so, YEAH i mean it's a two way spot and he Has i'm not mad at that at. All it's a pretty stable point, guard doesn't make, mistakes doesn't have a high, ceiling, LIKE i don't know that seems.
Speaker 3: GOOD i commarre him To Andre. Miller he looked a little bit like that with this. Movie he's not a great athlete or, anything but he's pretty. Crafty BUT i mean he's twenty, six he's not twenty one or something like.
Speaker 2: THAT i.
Speaker 1: Think so the thing THAT i keep kind of like putting out of my brain because there's only so much room for clipper stuff and there's a lot of clipper stuff happening kind of is that we don't have any rim running bigs to open the. Season and that bumps me out Because Darius garland needs a rim running big to be. GOOD i, mean any we run a lot of we're gonna run a lot of pick and. Roll it's just like it just kind of bumps me.
Speaker 2: OUT i, MEAN i think he'll still be, good.
Speaker 1: But, oh he'll still be. Good but you know WHAT i, mean best position to, Succeed, yeah a rim running big With Darius garland would be ideal, First.
Speaker 3: So you're not getting like a great sample of the best version Of Darius garland without that tandem or.
Speaker 1: Like keeping you, know like the spacing is kind of weird because we have his like novelty.
Speaker 3: THREES i, mean we know he can work with a pick and, roll big can he show something else in his game with a pick and?
Speaker 2: Pop?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah we got a lot.
Speaker 2: Of evidence with him In cleveland with some room running. Bigs.
Speaker 1: Yeah and if you're excited For yannick to get, back oh, Yeah and we Got baba how much he? Plays lest we Forget Boba miller is There babba's and got an official. Locker he put it on His instagram. Story he's got his locker with his with his name on and everything into.
Speaker 2: It that was cool to see.
Speaker 1: See good things are, happening you, know And clipper's, verse good things are.
Speaker 2: Happening what do you think of set your? Handles comment here which one best case?
Speaker 3: SCENARIO nba says not enough to claim caps or, convention but THE nba will take measures to make sure these deals will not go through in the.
Speaker 2: Future no, penalty, dude, dude no.
Speaker 1: DUDE i don't want that to, happen to be perfectly, honest because then with the way that.
Speaker 2: You want them to be, PUNISHED i.
Speaker 1: Don't want them to be punished harshly if they did anything. Wrong but, dude can you imagine how much of a nightmare it would be if there's no penalty at? All just from, like.
Speaker 2: If the explanation is, Good i'm fine with.
Speaker 1: It no one cares about the. EXPLANATION i.
Speaker 2: DO i? Care who actually care about the? Truth? DO i? Don't but just because they, won't they won't hear it because Of.
Speaker 1: Pablo but that's this percentage of people who care about the, truth WHICH i agree with. You we shouldn't worry about those.
Speaker 2: People let's cater to the angry.
Speaker 1: Mob i'm not saying cater to the angry. Mob i'm, saying no. Penalty that would be. INNOCENT i would love, that, SURE i would love that. Too part of me is. Not part of me is wondering that right. Now but if they're, innocent of, course but this That, okay let's say. This let's say there's no. Penalty, great we move. On no one ever brings it up.
Speaker 2: Again, Okay well that's.
Speaker 3: Unrealistic they're going to bring it up regardless of.
Speaker 2: That they're going to get.
Speaker 1: Punished, ALSO i don't think there's a world in which they don't get.
Speaker 3: PUNISHED i don't want to just go off Of pablo's explanation for everything and, say, well.
Speaker 2: Fair there's just too much here for to be.
Speaker 3: Ignored it's, like, well it's too much from one guy in the way he's going about the. INVESTIGATION i need to see What walktel And lipton are.
Speaker 1: Doing you want a live stream of the the, Investigation.
Speaker 2: I'd be.
Speaker 3: HONEST i almost keep saying THE nba talks is in communication with them every.
Speaker 2: Day he says that this.
Speaker 1: Would be best case. SCENARIO i will say that no punishment is obviously the best case.
Speaker 3: Scenario, Yeah, like people are gonna hate on The clippers no matter. What, uh if you think it's going, away if they get, punished it's like the next guy that they bring, in people are just gonna be, like, oh they're paying him, Somehow they're circle been in the. Cap it's it's like how The Bubble championship follows The. Lakers it's the same stuff that fans use that anything as amo they can against other, fans regardless of the validity to.
Speaker 1: It, yeah that's. TRUE i just DON'T i don't look forward to the fake protests organized outside of into it because in the era in which we, live there will be dufases doing dumb. Stuff And i'm just annoyed by that Because i'm an old.
Speaker 3: Man, now do you think OUTSIDE nba fans might pick?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 1: Absolutely that Would that.
Speaker 3: Might mean The clippers have peaked in popularity our version of.
Speaker 1: Our version of. Popularity, yes that's, true that would be. YEAH i mean it just seems like a. Nightmare no. PUNISHMENT i MEAN i WOULD i would cackle if there's no.
Speaker 3: Punishment, well, look a week, AGO i felt like there were three or four obvious explanations to The pablo.
Speaker 2: Reporting, sure so it's like that was a week.
Speaker 3: Ago i'm gonna completely flip based upon one other report and be, Like, oh there's no way they don't get.
Speaker 2: Punished NOW I.
Speaker 1: I think they will get. PUNISHED i kind of there's gonna be.
Speaker 3: SOMETHING i, mean it's probably more likely based upon all THE cba reads and what we've seen so. Far we've also seen one person's perspective on.
Speaker 1: This i'm not saying death sentence. Obviously i'm not saying no draft, picks no no signing new guys for two, years AND i there will be a, punishment is just What my guess is what that punishment. IS i hope it only Affects ballmer.
Speaker 3: WELL i definitely don't want to see the fans get punished for something that if they did, something it had nothing to do with the fan.
Speaker 1: Base that's What i'm saying That that's why if any if there is any, PUNISHMENT i was, like, yeah to Spend balmer or. Something Genuine, zig who's had a bunch of bad, comments has, said are we Sure chuck isn't A laker guy in disguise wants us? Punished don't want us? Punished think there will be. Punishment two distinct.
Speaker 3: Things it did kind of sound though like it would be a nightmare if we don't get, punished And i'm, like, OH i mean.
Speaker 1: From public, opinion it'd be a. Nightmare if we don't get, punished.
Speaker 2: It's a, nightmare or LIKE i Don't i'm.
Speaker 1: Not saying it's not. That i'm just saying it's it would be a, nightmare and there will be some. PUNISHMENT i don't think after all of this that silver will be like nothing.
Speaker 3: HAPPENED i hope he doesn't give in to public outcry and goes off the.
Speaker 1: Facts so that's what's tough is that that article was like he's from a couple of weeks ago Where they're, like he's not going to be swayed by public. Opinion it's, like, yeah like we All Adam silver will be swayed by public.
Speaker 3: Opinion, UNFORTUNATELY i don't know all, right like people nobody thought he was going to band all, sterling.
Speaker 1: His comments insane right or? Wrong clippers have done no? Wrong what get out of?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 1: Sorry go.
Speaker 3: AHEAD i do worry that because so many people are Saying Adam silver has no power. Here he's a, weak feeble. Commissioner And Steve bamer is the most money in the league and is the Tenth british person in the, world and he really runs things that that type of stuff could influence his decision to Show, NO i have a. Backbone we are in control. HERE i hope that's not the, case and it's just based upon what's.
Speaker 1: Fair SURE i do, too that would be, great but it's not really how things.
Speaker 2: Are it's just all. Bad it's just all.
Speaker 1: Bad ready to move, Forward Ali, Maleek ready to move? Forward well know what? AGAIN i, said we'll know what happens between now and twenty. THIRTY i guarantee you we will know what happens between now And august. Seven what.
Speaker 2: That's hard to hear because it almost sounds. Reasonable it feels.
Speaker 1: Reasonable audam of any other thoughts before we get out of, Here thank you for joining the event.
Speaker 3: SESSION i don't, know, Man i'm rooting for the. Truth yesterday didn't feel.
Speaker 1: Great i'm reading for the. Truth we need to make shirts that Say i'm reading for the.
Speaker 2: Truth i've been saying that the whole, time.
Speaker 1: For the.
Speaker 2: Truth petro's some.
Speaker 3: Money that's they're, Saying i'm root for the. Truth, LIKE i don't, NO i think that's the right way to go about these. Things, SURE i don't know if they're innocern and. GUILTY i am rooting for the. TRUTH i am rooting for the.
Speaker 2: Truth last twenty four hours don't feel very.
Speaker 1: Good can we get one positive thing to go into this next week class without us doing? Content?
Speaker 4: Uh, Yeah Boba Miller, locker.
Speaker 2: Good keep on my. Haircut that's?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: Right just when do you think he couldn't look any more? Attractive?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah car is furious the, guy that guy on The lakers is like what the?
Speaker 3: Hell he prints out a picture of the social media posts and crumples it.
Speaker 1: Up, yeah this.
Speaker 3: Guy, YEAH i don't. KNOW i DON'T i don't have anything that. LEGITIMATE i don't want TO i don't want to try to find a silver lining right, now like this too shall, pass whether it's whether it's sooner in twenty, thirty it. Will we will get through. It and we've literally probably been through. WORSE i think we could say, that.
Speaker 1: RIGHT i think we've been through, worse for. SURE i Think clippers fans have been through. Worse Ali maleik is asking clipped season, two who plays.
Speaker 2: Ballmer i'm going to the hat that played him in season.
Speaker 1: One i'm Going. Pattinson he's on a run right, now and he'd be, like.
Speaker 2: That does make.
Speaker 1: SENSE i won my, OSCAR i will gain the weight and shave my head and play. BALLMER i think it'd Be.
Speaker 3: Pattinson he's, Like i'm about to See Christian baale Play Al, Davis SO i got to take my game up a.
Speaker 1: Notch Jack, black that would be really, Good Paul Jack, black that's a good. Bit who will else would be a good? BALLMER i don't. Know, well we'll think of this and get back to. You great, question.
Speaker 2: Though you all have fun with that.
Speaker 1: One, yeah you, guys let us, know all, right we'll be back in two. Weeks, thanks barring any other news actual news about The. Clippers thank you for hanging. Out if you miss, this can find us at YouTube dot com slash At clippers. Podcast thank you for hanging out on. Video if you're listening to this on the, audio we appreciate that as. Well and as, always let's go. Clips