Speaker 1: New lead singer.
Speaker 2: Today, Brian Johnson celebrates his seventy seventh birthday.
Speaker 3: We celebrate them all, still walk down the steed.
Speaker 2: The girl's got rhythm. We got some rock and roll to start this Saturday Morning edition. Before we look at the look back at significant events and people tied to this particular date in history, include, but not limited to, these. On this date, October fifth, eighteen ninety two, the Dalton Gang reached what was pretty much the end of the line, practically wiped out, attempting to rob a pair of banks in Coffeeville, Kansas, eighteen ninety two. This date, nineteen forty seven, President Truman delivered the first televised White House addresses. He spoke on the world food crisis. Could we be headed for another?
Speaker 1: Earl?
Speaker 2: Warren sworn in as the fourteenth Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court This state in nineteen fifty three. Nineteen fifty eight racially desegregated Clinton High School in Clinton, Tennessee, nearly leveled by an early morning bombing.
Speaker 1: It's not Good.
Speaker 2: Nineteen eighty three, Solidarity founder LEC Vollessa named winner of the Nobel Peace Prize. He would become the president of a free Poland for a while. The Sandinistas and Nicaragua their government soldiers shot down a cargo plane carrying weapons and ammunition bound for Contra rebels. The year was nineteen eighty six. The event would open up for everyone's examination. The Iran Contra affair nineteen eighty nine and October fifth, the jury and Charlotte, North Carolina convicted evangelist Jim Baker of using his television show to defraud followers, Jim and Tammy Fay. Two thousand and one, tabloid photo editor Robert Stevens died from inhaled anthrax, the first of a series of antraks cases in Florida, New York, New Jersey, and Washington. Remember that, Let's see birthdays. Besides Brian Johnson of ACDC College Football Hall of Fame Fame coach Barry Switzer is eighty seven Oklahoma Remember Oklahoma member his term as a Dallas Cowboy headman. The guy obviously can coach a little bit. Steve Miller is still rocking the Jungle Love at eighty one. Senator Ben Cardon of Maryland has a birthday today, but he's a Democrat, so who cares. Actress Karen Allen is seventy three. Bob Geldolf of the Boomtown Rats also celebrating his seventy third birthday. Clive Barker in seventy two. Neil deGrasse Tyson rings in the double sixes. Architect designer Maya Lynn is sixty five. Golf Hall of Famer Laura Davies has a birthday today, Happy Birthday. Mario Lemieu is fifty nine, Guy Pierce fifty seven, Josie Pissette is fifty four. Kate Winslet has a birthday. Happy Birthday forty nine, Jesseberg and Travis Kelcey is thirty five. Today it's five point forty one. If it's your birthday, I it is the absolute best birthday you could possibly imagine, spent with people you love, doing things that you love to do.
Speaker 1: That is truly my wish for you. We'll talk to Mametry next.
Speaker 4: This morning at nine, Mike Allen takes a stand and then eventually a seat once his legs get tired.
Speaker 5: On seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Steve, it's partly Sonny, right, Why do they do that? Eighty one for a high tempt today tomorrow mostly sunny In eighty six Monday sunshine. We drop down to sixty nine for a high finally feeling like fall. It's fifty seven right now. Friday Night legs on Saturday one seven hundred wl W Liam Tomlinson standing by with those scores from do they still play Friday night football? They played high school college? And when's the NFL coming to Friday nights?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: What do you got from the high school blackout? Friday?
Speaker 7: Blake Friday? They'll be on Friday nights. Oh yeah, high school football. We have some games this afternoon, some games Thursday night. Lot played last night though Lawrenceburg handled Rushville thirty eight to six. Franklin County dominated South Dearborn forty one to seven. East Central throttles Connersville sixty two to six. LaSalle topped ron Cally twenty eight to seventeen. Beechwood destroyed Walton Frona sixty nine to nothing, and Mason County held home scoreless, winning sixty to nothing. Fun Fact Holmes in Danville the team I do the play by play four yes, two least scoring teams in Kentucky at this point through the season. Holy Cross thirty eight, Morgan County eight, Bishop Brosser tops Paris twenty one to fourteen at North College Hill handled Norwood forty to fourteen.
Speaker 8: F C.
Speaker 7: Cincinnati plays in their final regular season home game of the season against Orlando City tonight. Pregame coverage begins at seven kickoff, except for seven to forty listening to all the action on ESPN fifty teen thirty. Bengals look to improve from their one to three record with a division home game versus the Ravens Tomorrow afternoon. Pregame coverage begins at nine kick off.
Speaker 5: The set for one.
Speaker 7: You can listen to all the Bengals covered right here on seven hundred WLW and.
Speaker 5: US the radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: Hot in one room and cold in the next.
Speaker 1: No duck to work, No phoe to Day.
Speaker 2: Is an appeal to you, like you would need one, to donate whatever you can to Hurricane Helene relief funds, whether it be the Red Cross, which is a fantastic organization. Christ two point oh and I made our donations. I'm not stepping out like that that's a big thing, or we're such good people. It just facts and Samaritan Purse, Matthew twenty five ministries. All of these are fine organizations to give to to help the thousands of people in Tennis, North Carolina, Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida who have been abandoned by their federal government, particularly FEMA. And this is not a political tirade, although you might think it is. But the fact of the matter is, during the tenure of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris in the White House as the titular heads of our government, they raided they made the decision to raid FEMA accounts that are supposed to go towards aiding people in natural disasters, and they did it to benefit illegal immigrants in this country to the tune of one bit one point four billion dollars. There's no money left majorcas the Department of Homeland Security had said so last week. The reason there's no money left is because they put the interest of people who aren't even supposed to be in our country over American citizens. This should enrage you. This should be the final nail in this regime's coffin. Not that it will be, I don't know, but you need to know that as an American citizen, your tax money that they coerced out of you compelled you to donate and they want more has been misused, mishandled, fraudulently, taking away from the Federal Emergency Management Agency and given to I don't know, put up illegals in hotels or those cash cards or whatever goodies they've been handing out for people that they brought into this country illegally and flew into this country illegally without any id We're all going to have to have a real idea to fly by next May. Supposedly if you're an illegal, don't worry about it anyway. They took that money that's supposed to be for things like hurricane relief, and they funneled it somewhere else. So it's up to us, that's the point. It is up to all of us to help out American Red Cross, Samaritans, Purse Matthew twenty five ministries. Those are the first three off the top of my mind. God bless those people. When you want help, don't look to the federal government, look to each other. Mametry, good morning, how are you.
Speaker 10: I'm getting upset with you and now all the so called white people talking about those black people. They can't help a state black What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: I didn't say anything about I didn't say anything about black people, Linette, talk.
Speaker 10: About those people upper in Ohio, Springfields. They can't help state black.
Speaker 1: And it has nothing to.
Speaker 2: Do with the color of their skin, Linette, what it has to do. It has to do with the fact. Now the people in Springfield, the Haitians that you're talking about, yes, all right, to the Haitian people you're talking about are here legally on a temporary protective status. And I wasn't talking about them. I'm talking about the millions that they have let into this country who are white, Black Asian Indian who are illegal immigrants that across the border illegally, and now we're putting them up in hotels. No, if they're not black, honey, it's not about.
Speaker 10: Black thought to be born. This is a promised land.
Speaker 2: That's right, That's absolutely right. And if you're a citizen, that's what we do. And there is a path for you to become a citizen.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's not the way it works.
Speaker 2: You have to you have to ask to be a citizen, and then you have to go through certain steps to be a citizen. That's that's that's the law. That's the law. But you don't understand. You have to have a border if you have a country. Right now, we don't have a border because the current government has taken the border down and just said everybody.
Speaker 1: Come on in. We don't care who you are.
Speaker 2: We don't care if you're a terrorist or a murderer or a rapist.
Speaker 10: What they said, we have a border in Texas.
Speaker 1: We don't.
Speaker 2: We don't, and you don't have a country if you don't have a border. I didn't want you to argue with you this morning, but I didn't say a word about black people, Lynette.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but I get tired here about the Hiatians they can't have. They're black and poor. And we're here to help our brother, our sister who is amen.
Speaker 1: Amen, We're here to amen.
Speaker 2: We're here to help, but not at the expense of other people, American citizens, that's the point.
Speaker 10: Yeah. But like you say, we're here to help. And I love Matthew twenty five. I donate to them for years. Yeah, No, I didn't have it. I give it.
Speaker 1: Well that's it right.
Speaker 10: Now, I'm dirt poor. I can't even donate a penny.
Speaker 2: I understand that, and I and I'm the same way. We found a way to donate a little bit of money, but and may do it again because the need is so great for American citizens.
Speaker 10: Okay, we've got the subjects. I want to say, Happy birthday the lady Jeans and Florence, Uh teacher Judy, Uh Lady Patricia Columbus Lady uh Joe and Milford and her friends came on my birthday. Uh Lady Marsha Union, Lady Christine the Heart lady. And now I wanna sing, Well, we are soliers in the army. We have to pray, although we have to fight. We had to hold We had the hold of the blood staining matter.
Speaker 11: We have to hold it.
Speaker 12: Uh leill we die.
Speaker 10: My mother was a told the oh ye, my father was a told the oh ye. We sang and prayed and praised our Lord and served him till we die. Amen.
Speaker 2: All right, Mametrie, you ate up all of our time arguing with me. I didn't say a thing about black people, but I.
Speaker 10: Love you imitations I'm black, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'm skin is if you're not.
Speaker 2: If you're not legally in this country, you're not legally in this country.
Speaker 1: And I didn't say a word about the Haitians.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but you're illegal. I want to eventually get educated and be.
Speaker 2: Legal eventually, but not not immediately. The second you cross the border, you don't become legal.
Speaker 10: Mometrary, I think it takes five years to be amerried.
Speaker 1: Sometimes ten, sometimes ten.
Speaker 2: And if you're in here legally, you need to go back to the other side and do all the things that are necessary to become a citizen. And Gosh, I didn't want to argue. I just wanted to push for some hurricane relief. It's hard when people don't understand what they're talking about. But I love mometry, so we'll let it go with that.
Speaker 5: This season on the new podcast Rip Current.
Speaker 1: The Story of the Old for you, I'm doing just fine. You had your power out last week, didn't you.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Jerry Jeff, I've never in my life if these trees were blowing and I got scared. I mean they were coming toward the house, the whole flat, Jerry Jeff. There were trees on cars. They blocked our streets off three day. This one guy had his boat and I've never seen him. We got our power back at two o'clock last Saturday. But Jerry Jeff, I've never seen a storm so bad.
Speaker 1: You know, Well, let's get right to the meat of the matter here, Dick.
Speaker 2: What happens with the Bengals and the Ravens tomorrow?
Speaker 13: I think truth Now, I'm going to be you know, I'm always optimisky. I think they're going to win about twenty seven, twenty four. I think I've got to be up to the defense to stop absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yes, Lamar Jackson and Derrick Henry.
Speaker 13: Ye.
Speaker 2: Now see, you were talking about the power outages and all the trees and the damage that was done when Hurricane Helene blasted through Dayton. Imagine what it was like when it was still a Category one or two hurricane inland in a place like North Carolina or Georgia.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, yeah, those folks this week.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I called you Monday, but I think we should. I don't know what people think, but I've heard among the rage of Pete Rose deserves to be in the All of Fame of Baseball, Jerry jeff Well in a.
Speaker 2: Manner speaking he already is. I mean, his records are enshrined in the Hall of Fame. But it was only a lifetime ban. They can't keep punishing Walker again. Asking you throughout the morning just to remember the people in North Carolina, in Tennessee, in Georgia, in South Carolina, American City in Florida as they try to recover from that awful storm and there is no help from the federal government because all of the money went to illegals. UH Redcross dot Org, Samaritan's Purse, Matthew twenty five ministries. Just saying, lighting up, and let's talk to Dave from Harrison for just a moment.
Speaker 15: Take aund Good morning, Dave.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 16: God?
Speaker 17: Yeah, doing good?
Speaker 18: How about yourself?
Speaker 1: Doing just fine? Fine, sir, just fine.
Speaker 19: Good good good?
Speaker 1: Ready for this kill, ready for this coffee to kick in?
Speaker 12: There you go. We agree with your humanitarian efforts. You know in North Carolina. The grandson and son are with a group that's said in there even as we speak, with release supplies and stuff.
Speaker 1: Great, great, What can we do?
Speaker 17: What can you do?
Speaker 2: You know, well, if you're if you're kind of bound to stay here for one reason or another, then if you've got any extra cash, I mean, you know.
Speaker 1: That's what we did. Yep, yep, But it's not.
Speaker 2: Going to solve Money doesn't solve every problem, but at times like this, it.
Speaker 1: Kind of comes in handy, yep, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know what you know why you never go uh well, you never go hungry in the desert. All the all of the sandwiches, sandwiches.
Speaker 1: There's plenty of sandwiches there, Dave.
Speaker 12: Which which is the which day? Jerseeph? Where the baby goes? Go during the day?
Speaker 1: Where do baby goats go during the day?
Speaker 12: Ghosts? Ghosts?
Speaker 1: Oh, ghosts? I think you said goats. Ghosts. Goats are a lot cuterer than ghosts, I think.
Speaker 2: But where do baby ghosts go during the day?
Speaker 12: They go to day scare centers. Did you hear about the ATM that was addicted to money? No, it suffered from withdrawals. Here's one of Rickey's alley. Did you hear about the two radios that got married?
Speaker 1: Tell me about the two radios that got married.
Speaker 20: The reception was fantastic.
Speaker 21: Jokes told by day from Harrison are not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time. We deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming.
Speaker 1: This Bill Cunningham is the sound of America. And I listened to Willie I get all American goosebook. He oozes the American Dream. My toe got infected and was oozing this yellowy puff stuff. But it didn't stop me from listening.
Speaker 5: To Willie americ.
Speaker 9: I had a tape warm and still listened to Willie.
Speaker 1: I still listen even with my prolapsed hemorrhoids.
Speaker 5: Nothing can stop us from listening to Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 1: I am a great American.
Speaker 5: Bill Cunningham. Tomorrow at twelve noon on seven hundred w l W Jeff Weller, Nissan dot Com.
Speaker 2: Your forecast as follows. Pretty nice day to day, some sunshine, some clouds, a high around eighty eighty one, mostly sunny up to eighties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd be six sixteen eastern.
Speaker 2: Yeah sneaking in the back door. Somebody's knocking in the front door. Let's answer that called old radio Rick, Good morning, Good morning. I was just enjoying the groove. Wow, that was nice. Yeah, Little little Jim, little mojo rising on a Saturday morning.
Speaker 18: So you were cut? What was that don't go ahead.
Speaker 1: No, I have nothing to say.
Speaker 18: Oh I don't either, see later.
Speaker 1: That was a sword phone call.
Speaker 18: Yes, that will never happen. You're coming in four by four to nineteen thirty three. It's a Stewart Warner MONDEL twelve thirty one Crubador. It is a very small, little four tube cathedral round top wooden radio with two knobs and a speaker grill that looks like an upside down then aora and and.
Speaker 1: Four by four.
Speaker 18: It's pretty darn good for this receiver, to be honest. But I got a good antenna.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Stuart Warner. I've never heard of Stewart Warner as a manufacturer.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 18: They they actually also did. No, I'm getting mixed up with somebody else. Yeah, I almost mixed them up with Stromberg Carlson. So never mind. They made a lot of radios primarily in the nineteen thirties and into the forties, and a decent manufacturer. But they were one of those companies that were all over the board in terms of quality, but they really didn't manufacture radio is in high quantity. But oh the advertising, and let's look at that, shall we? First with simplified round the world Radio. It's Stuart Orner again sets the radio world aflame with its latest greatest triumph, the magic Dial. Yeah, it does pretty magically. If you're in the knob and the station's change, that's pretty cool. I don't think the background of being a radio that is literally on fire was the message they really should be sending. But before I got a hold of this thing, that was the near future of this this poor gal. Anyways, the ad goes on to say, startling, thrilling, mysterious, inspect radio's newest and most astonishing development today tonight now thrill is radio performance two years ahead of the field. How exactly did they know that it was going to take two years for the competitors to come out with the same thing. And I don't even know what it is here what it does? See how it works at your nearest dealer today. They should have said tonight.
Speaker 1: Now, tonight today, Now, I love that?
Speaker 18: Oh what do you still doing reading this?
Speaker 2: The catalog descriptions are often the best parts of the the little box that you're working on.
Speaker 18: I'm telling you, and I've learned an important word from reading these, Yes, proof reading.
Speaker 2: I understand you. You have a guest it's Pineapple Palace this weekend.
Speaker 18: Yes, the owner of this very Stewart Warner happens to be Toledo Steve.
Speaker 2: Fanto Well, Hello, shout out to Toledo Steve, and to Marie and uhh, who's else hanging in this?
Speaker 1: Skitty? Still hanging in?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 18: Yes, skitty Skitty. Actually, Toledo Steve has the honor of being the one guest that Skitty is just absolutely in love with. She will not leave him alone. And great for her being skitty for a reason, because he doesn't like people. She doesn't like change, she doesn't like things. No, no, will tell you love Steve. Tell Steve to enjoy the fur.
Speaker 2: It's six point twenty hit seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Overheard at the latest Scott Sloane Fan Club meeting.
Speaker 21: Next on the agenda, What we like most about scott'sloan show, Sharon, will you go first?
Speaker 22: My favorite thing is that Sloaney isn't preachy and he doesn't talk down to you.
Speaker 1: The man is smart and full of common sense. He's like one hundred times smarter than a dolphin.
Speaker 5: I don't know, dolphins are pretty smart.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I've never seen a dolphin win on Jeopardy, and that's because they can't hit the buzzer with their flippers. Is this chick for real?
Speaker 4: Scott'sloan Monday morning at nine and catch his podcast on the free iHeart Radio ad Saturday morning.
Speaker 1: On seven hundred wl W.
Speaker 2: Once again Liam Tomlinson with the tail of the tape from last night.
Speaker 7: Covington Catholic shout out Grant County fifty four to nothing. Reading fell to Indian Hill thirty five to seven. Moeller dominated Elder at Knippert forty two to fourteen. Roger Bacon beat Some of the Country Day forty two to two. Saint Bernard Elmwood Place forty two. Miami Valley Christian Act nine Ludlow shuts out Bellevue forty three to nothing. Walna Hills lost to West Claremont thirty to nothing. Cincinnati Christian rolls over Purcell mary In fifty two to twenty two. Princeton tops Oak Hills twenty three to ten. Tailor beat Finnytown forty to fourteen. Clark Montossori fell to Cincinnati Country Day forty four to fourteen. Dixie Heights is shut out by Highlands forty nine to nothing.
Speaker 1: Thank you, sir, Thank you, sir.
Speaker 2: More to come as we continue on this Saturday morning edition, a visit to Ripley and the gang at Brookies, who they say they have some kind of surprise for me. I don't know if I should be frightened or excited. We'll find out together. Six twenty five. This is Pro bowlis Shawn Merriman. Here's what's trending from the IHARS Sports.
Speaker 5: Network, presented by Mercedes Benz.
Speaker 23: With his hamstring injury still giving him trouble, the Raiders announced that wide receiver DeVante Adams, who has also been the center of trade rumors, will miss their game against the Broncos. The Bengals will be moving on from former third round vig Zach Carter. The team announced they're releasing him to make room for Miles Murphy, and former Ohio State quarterback to Rol Pryor is suing the university along with the NCAA and Big Ten over denied nil compensation.
Speaker 5: I'm Jdi Hafran.
Speaker 2: Mercedes Benz has an SUV for you, whether it's the Styling's GLC, the Compact g LA, the WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 24: If you want us to spend with Bengals head coach Zach Taylor once again and coach nots to win on Sunday, And you know, typically postgame you say you got to look at the tape and look for there where there are areas of improvement and work on those areas. So over the past few weeks, if you've been happy with the progress on working on those areas.
Speaker 25: Yeah, I think there's some areas we're certainly improving at tackling something that keeps coming back to bite us, and so that's something we can't be repeating hovered over every week. That's for sure. Offensively, there's usually about two or three plays we leave on the field that would lead to more points that you know, we always regret. But I think keeps are moving in the right direction.
Speaker 1: And MEM's tackle handled Clowney just fine.
Speaker 24: And I think Joe Burrow e've in cited him specifically as having a heck of a game.
Speaker 25: It was really impressive first first game with that matchup a guy who's beaten a lot of tackles over the years and very veteran pass rusher. I thought at Marius just came in there with just a very confident mindset and certainly room for improvement, but it was really good to see from Marrison's first game.
Speaker 24: All right, here come the Ravens and Derek Henry past two weeks to put up three hundred and fifty yards. Bengals defensive line not that sharp. Is there a game plan that could be put together which, if implemented properly by the by the starters, could negate some of that three and.
Speaker 1: Fifty yard Well, a lot of that's three and fifty yards.
Speaker 20: Sure.
Speaker 25: I mean, they're they're very challenging, They're a good team, They've got a great plan. We've played these guys a lot in the past, and so we're confident with the plan that we'll put in place.
Speaker 1: We'll get some.
Speaker 25: Guys back on the defensive line as well. That'll help us. So I'm excited to get the opportunity on Sunday.
Speaker 24: To what degree do we bank on turnovers? Let's go back to the you know, the playoff run a couple of years ago, and it just seemed like the Bengals had a key turnover at just key points in the game. How important are turnovers, especially in this division?
Speaker 25: As critical as ever, because there's not gonna be a lot of possessions In a game like this, when team tries to run the ball as much as they do, and we're official outfense, we complete a lot of passes to the cup key running as well, so you're not gonna get a lot of opportunity. So if you can steal a possession, that is a critical factor in a game like this.
Speaker 24: I guess we'll have some help on defense as Miles Murphy McKinley Jackson are back. And I think as of Wednesday, Trey Hendrickson practiced, did he not?
Speaker 25: Trey did, and bj Hill did as well, you know, So it's it's positive direction for all of this guys. We've got two more days of work to see where they am about that, but it's a good sign for all those guys.
Speaker 24: Those down there covering the press conferences at Burrow. Seems a little bit more intense this week. Would you rather have an intense quarterback or a relaxed quarterback?
Speaker 25: Like a focused, urgent quarterback, and I think that's where we got all right.
Speaker 24: Well, best of luck with the Ravens. We'll talk again next week's Same times. Act Dera, thanks so much.
Speaker 26: Thanks mich May Kraut's American grill your dining destination. Choose a hot breakfast, lunch, your dinner meal. To Satis Pump's Radio seven hundred WL JUMP, We'll.
Speaker 11: See plenty of sunshine through our morning as temperatures warm through the sixties. We top out around eighty degrees this afternoon under mainly clear skies. Tonight we drop down to the upper fifties and lower sixties quiet conditions, and then tomorrow we'll see plenty of sunshine once again. A few afternoon clouds with high temperatures in the low to mid eighties will also be a bit breezy wins out of that southwest direction between ten and fifteen miles per hour, gusting up to twenty five from mere severe weather station. I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Erica Kolora, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 27: It's a clear Saturday, fifty five degrees right now. I'm Sandy Collins. Next update at seven o'clock on news Radio seven hundred.
Speaker 28: News twenty four hours a day's Radio seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 1: Oh, let's hit on down.
Speaker 2: I'm toasted you sid honey, we made me through.
Speaker 29: Dude, you never care me. Come blare whiskey round landon Bearay Blues.
Speaker 1: What oh you know?
Speaker 2: Long heading east down of Cincinnati all the way to how now Brown County and the lovely little village of Ripley, Ohio on the banks of the Mighty Ohio River on Main Street. There's a place they call Brookies. We visit there now to talk to the gang.
Speaker 1: Good morning gang, Good Monday.
Speaker 18: We uh changed up a little bit. We're in high places today.
Speaker 1: Where are you well.
Speaker 18: We took the new highway out of Ripley, you know, the one that's been there for sixty years.
Speaker 1: The new highway that's been there for sixty years.
Speaker 18: Yeah, yeah, And then we got up north a little bit. We took the fork in the road, and now we're here at Las Lisa's wayside in Russellville. My goodness, weird Bud set this all up. And guess who's not here this morning?
Speaker 1: Is not there for your road trip?
Speaker 25: We got we.
Speaker 18: Got the green hornet, we got Darren, and we got Lisa and she's here and so you've got a nice croud and Dean, Okay, there we got hello, we got everybody.
Speaker 2: Hello, Dean, Welcome, first timer, Dean, Dean. Be careful if you're a virgin around that crew. You may be in trouble.
Speaker 30: You don't have to worry about that, honey.
Speaker 9: He's already seen Cherry's biver.
Speaker 18: All the guys at the bar want to see Sherry's beaver this morning.
Speaker 1: So this way, this was the surprise.
Speaker 2: You guys are calling from a different location, all right.
Speaker 18: I was worried it was it was Buzzy's idea.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I was afraid something weird was going to happen, like Sherry was pregnant with Buzzy's baby or something. I didn't know what what's going on here?
Speaker 18: What's going on here at the wayside tonight? Oh yeah, whatever you order is going to be special, and it's good.
Speaker 31: I've been here many times.
Speaker 6: Ye place.
Speaker 18: It's a great cookies.
Speaker 25: We serve alcohol and cluster all over here.
Speaker 1: You get good food.
Speaker 2: Now, I've never heard of Lisa's Wayside. Where is this again?
Speaker 10: Why not?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know. This is a public service for me.
Speaker 18: We'll make a trip up here sometimes when you come out to Ripley.
Speaker 1: All right, please, it sounds fun.
Speaker 17: It is fun.
Speaker 25: It is fun.
Speaker 6: We have a good time.
Speaker 1: Wonderful, wonder got on tonight?
Speaker 5: You don't have anything going on tonight.
Speaker 32: It's a karaoke We had karaoke last time. Karaoke tonight, just the last minute thing to the pops up to sixty sixty eight.
Speaker 18: Thousand worth like a queen of mart Oh cool.
Speaker 32: Other than that, Cherry's got a weather report, all right.
Speaker 22: I checked the rebd rock this morning, but it was dry and it was warm, so I think we're gonna have a good flow of warm weather here for a little while. Yeah, the beaver made the trip up here with us too this morning, So dory a good time, Cherry.
Speaker 2: Doesn't your beaver go everywhere you go?
Speaker 16: Pretty much?
Speaker 22: You know, our bowling team is.
Speaker 5: Called the Eager Beavers.
Speaker 22: Now it's our mascot. So and I want to holler out to Bud Carpenter. He's been bowling with us for a long, long long time, so we're all having fun. Her he listens to you on WLW, Well that's.
Speaker 2: That's his fault, all right, guys, Well it's great to hear from you. Thanks, thanks a lot, including me, including me on the road trip.
Speaker 33: Bye byel Cincinnati.
Speaker 5: Available everywhere with the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 34: App number one for podcasting seven hundred WLW and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 9: Then this is Jeff for Tri State Men's Health.
Speaker 15: It seems like everything we hear these days is about Plinna.
Speaker 2: It'll be partly sunny rather warm, eighty one or so for a high temp tomorrow up to eighty six and then the bottom falls out of high temps Monday sixty nine Tuesday sunshine and seventy one.
Speaker 5: Degrees seven to one hundred. WLW sports.
Speaker 1: What you got, man? It was a lot of college football last night. Liam. Yeah, a couple games last night.
Speaker 7: The nightcap was Syracuse and UNLV, which went into overtime and Syracuse pulled out the four point win. Excuse me three point win over UNLV. UNLV got the first possession and kicked the field goals. Syracuse march down and scored a touchdown. A lot of controversial roughing the passer calls that might have gave Syracuse an oppt to to win the game, but football is just a different sport than it used to be in the past. Oregon dominated Michigan State last night as well. Some Top twenty five college football today UCLA at Penn State to start today, Missouri, Texas A and m SMU at Louisville, Iowa, Ohio State in Columbus at three point thirty, Auburn, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina, Indiana versus Northwestern Alabama, Vanderbilt, Clemson, Florida State, Utah State, Boise State, Tennessee, Arkansas, Michigan, Washington, USC Minnesota, Baylor at Iowa State, and the nightcap is Miami at California. Some high school football scores from around the area. Harrison forty nine, Mount Healthy twenty six, Lakota East edged out a win versus Cole Raine thirty six to thirty one, Wyoming rolled over Deer Park fifty six to twenty. Lachlan Holds New Miami scoreless, eking out of ten to nothing win. Talawanda defeated Northwestern Northwest thirty four to twenty four, Madeira beat Marymount thirty five to nine, witting Woods dominated Loveland forty nine to nothing, and McNicholas edged out a seven to three win over Archbishopalter.
Speaker 2: There is football tonight. FC Cincinnati football Yeah.
Speaker 7: FC Cincinnati closes out their home regular season schedule against Orlando City. Pregame coverage begins at seven, Kickoff is set for seven forty. Catch all the action on ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 2: And there's football tomorrow at pay Corpse STADIU.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the Bengals look to improve their one in three record with a division home game versus the Ravens Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Afternoon.
Speaker 7: Pregame coverage begins at nine kickoff set for one. You can listen to all the action right here on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Bengals fans, when you line up Chevy's family of SUVs, you get the ultimate victory for dnnate yet, donate whatever you can for relief of Hurricane Helene. The victims are left twisting in the mud in places like North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, and Florida Red Cross Samaritan's Purse Matthew twenty five ministries. And with that admonition, we go to our friend from etno Ohio. Steve is back with a fizzyphone calling news of the week.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Stephen, Good morning Gary, Jeff. If you folks were wondering when the US Treasury would officially declare bankruptcy, wait no longer. For what will be truly a national holiday in China. It occurred on October second, twenty twenty four. Wednesday was the day home Land Securities are Alex Byorcis said, we just don't have any money to help out the homeless people in North Carolina. My my, are you telling me that we do have enough mulah to take care of twenty million illegals but not the legal citizens that are already here. The best Kammie Harris could offer folks in Georgia when it was seven hundred and fifty dollars gift cards. I did not make that up, she did. I think under her breath she was saying, let them eat cake. The best interview at Ground zero in Appalachia came from a Florida National Guard rep who pleaded with Washington to send helicopters to the besieged areas in the southeast. That makes sense, because how in the world can you transport by roads in high ways when there aren't any, the National Guard official said. He another guardsman and a civilian flying a private chopper saved a young child an elderly woman who would surely have died without being evacuated. Would Washington have set a helicopter if the woman had wanted an abortion? Say it isn't so, Joe. Are you telling me that the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and coast guard of a world superpower are fresh out of helicopters and fuel. Meanwhile, other Democrats have come up with a solution to all of our problems class warfare see Carl Marx, otherwise known as Republicans like Trump are too rich for public office, Well that's rich. Responding to Donald Trump at a grocery store paying the bill for a single mom foodie, Tim Walls, who hasn't skipped too many meals lately, said Trump had probably not been at a grocery store since the nineteen eighties. And this comes from a former Washington insider, where many of our public serpents eat most of their meals at five star Capitol restaurants. Hey, Tim, at least Trump has helped one person in financial trouble. How many Minneapolis businessmen and women did you put out of business during the George Floyd riots. The only brilliant thing, Tim, you said in this week's debate was describing yourself as a knucklehead, which means the Democrats socialist ticket is cacklehead and knucklehead, and dunderhead is still in the White House for class warfare. This is irony times ten for any American socialist too. Rich to hold office. The Kennedy tribe is worth one point two billion dollars. Oh, my favorite is John Carey, former candidate for presidency, former Secretary of State, and now our climate czar, net worth two hundred and fifty million dollars. But if you throw in wife Teresa Hines's catchup fortune, you get one billion, big ones. The word is John is investing in Iranian real estate. He got cozy with the Bulahs when he allegedly shared Israeli military secrets with the Killer Kingdom. Oh what a tangled web we weave. And then there's Senator Shared Brown of Ohio, whose ads attack Bernie Marino condemn him for investing in a hedge fund run by his Colombian relatives. On its face, it looks like Brown hates legal immigrants. Marino is legal. But wait, there's that he's got too much money to be in the Senate mantra. But the Senate is mostly millionaires, and if they aren't millionaires, hey, wait till you retire. Al Gore's father, many decades ago, became the first retired US senator to make one million dollars just on his government pension income. Shared has been supping at the public trough for thirty one freaking years, So don't feel sorry for him if the door slaps him on the ass as he leaves, and hopefully that will be soon. And then there's the billionaire who funds all manner of progressives and progressive causes and candidates. Yes, George Soros. He was born George Schwartz, by the way, who probably elected your local prosecutor wherever you are. He never met a criminal that he did not like. George is worth seven point two billion dollars, and I think that's very conservative. He's in the news because the Federal Communications commissioned Democrat appointees just approved his taking over Odyssey, a bankrupt owner of over two hundred US radio stations. George put up four hundred and fifteen million dollars to buy up Odyssey's senior debt. Ah, but that will become shares of stock when Odissey emerges from bankrupt I'll say this, it's probably more honest George to be buying radio stations than buying prosecutors. Oh my goodness, Gary, Jeff, isn't it wonderful?
Speaker 17: Hey?
Speaker 8: Listen, have yourself a nice weekend, and I'll be sitting here watching Ohio State and Iowa with and I'm looking down at it my Iowa sweatshirt.
Speaker 1: Thank yourself, go hawk gys.
Speaker 2: And by the way, Steve, yes, yes, did you say public servants or public serpents?
Speaker 8: I use the term both of them.
Speaker 1: Spents, Yes, serpents. Yes, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: At six point fifty two on a Saturday morning, seven hund WLW Gary Jeff and my old buddy Ray from Loveland.
Speaker 1: How are you doing, Ray? Good morning, Gary Jeff, Good morning.
Speaker 20: God bless your brother and God bless America. I'll tell you what a great segment. Thank you, Steve, and thank you Gary Jeff. And I wanted to say something real quick about Pete Rose, but really I want to see most of this time to what you just very correctly brought up about our dear brothers and sisters in Appalachi, Tennessee, North Carolina, Georgia and Florida. This is you know, We've got American citizens out there trying to help American citizens, and we have a government that it wants us to be subjects, subject serpents as you said, and not American citizens. And I want to tell you it's beyond shocking. I hope the souls of our forefathers and our fall and rise up and wake us up and wake people up to help our brothers and sisters in whatever manner. And Franklin Graham has done his father so proud of what he's doing in so many other good, good operations. The lawn Musk American phre pm A God that I I'm just astonished at what's happening. So I'm really overcoming the emotion of this. But anything we can do to bring light to that there to help our people short of us going down in which they will stop us from doing, we can work through our or Matthew twenty five or whatever we can.
Speaker 12: Guys, I don't know what.
Speaker 20: God speed to Pete Rose. May he enter heaven heads first.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you all right, thank you, Ray. I appreciate it. And Ray makes some excellent points there.
Speaker 2: About people on the ground, actually in the vicinity not being allowed to go in and help with the hurricane relief. It happened in areas of North Carolina with Elon Musk his Starling system that he donated. He donated some twenty thousand Starlingk systems so people would have stations, so people would have the ability to communicate with no cell service, with no electricis thanks to Elon Musk in some communities at least there has been an ability to find out if people are still alive. The body counts two hundred and thirty two so far, but that is expected to rise because there are hundreds of people still missing. All of the water that just inundated. These mountain communities never see a weather event like that, I mean never. It's been thirty fifty, in some cases one hundred years that it was as totally inundating and washing away these rural communities in North Carolina, in Tennessee, in South Carolina, in Georgia, and some bigger cities Asheville, North Carolina. Is not a small city. I mean it's not a major city, but it's not, you know, a tiny little backwater. But now that's all it is is backwater and the result of the mud and the rain and the wind that struck in the aftermath of Hurricane Helene, Red Cross Samaritan's Purse, Matthew twenty five ministries. Let's make it happen, and let's stop counting on the federal government to do anything, especially this particular administration. Anything for the benefit of American citizens, because that's not their focus. They're supposed to work for us, They're working for themselves right now. Sadly, Steve Schulte around the corner with environmental stuff and the Saturday Morning edition rolls on hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: Tyler Just Colors announces our latest breakthrough guys Wednesday light today, and we fall down into the upper fifties overnight under mainly clear skies. Sunday. We're going to be even warmer by the afternoon toopping out near eighty three. Will be a bit breezy at times with gus up to twenty five miles per hour from re severe weather station. I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Erica Kolora, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 27: It's a great morning right now. It is fifty five degrees with clear skies on Sandy Collins and our next update coming up at seven thirty on news Radio seven hundred WLWA.
Speaker 28: News twenty four hours a day. He was a radio seven hundred WLW. Jeff Weilerhonda dot Com get.
Speaker 2: Into another hour of the Saturday Morning edition for this Saturday, October fifth, twenty twenty four. Just a moment before we continue. My friend Liam, who is the producer of the show. He's running the board, he's answering the phone calls. Took a phone call from someone who was displeased with Steve from Etna's commentary, to say the least, in an expeditive filled conversation that probably kept Liam on the phone. Oh, I don't know if it was six minutes, it was six minutes too long. The person compared him to a Nazi putting people in gas chambers for simply doing the job and answering phones because he didn't like what was on the radio. The person, of course, was too much of a coward to give their name. We give our names on the air all the time, and we say the things we want to say. And by the way, if you didn't like Steve's commentary, then you probably shouldn't listen to my show because I agreed with one hundred percent of what he had to say. And the caller and this is all inside baseball and I shouldn't probably be sharing it with you is probably a waste of time, because if he's listening, he's seething right now and letting more f bombs fly than Sam Kennison on a good night. But if he's that much of a diet in the Wold socialist, then he's a Marxist, which are closer to the Nazis than anything else in the political sphere in America. And a college educated person would have a much better vocabulary than what I heard recorded from this coward. Liam, go ahead and see if that's the coward on the line, and we'll get Steve Schulte together here with an environmental moment on a Saturday morning.
Speaker 35: I see true so green.
Speaker 29: Red roses too, I see them blue and.
Speaker 1: Think to myself, what a run out.
Speaker 2: Good morning, mister Chelty, how are you doing? You were mentioning to me in a text earlier that Ashville, North Carolina, had a similar flood in the early nineteen hundreds. Again, it's been over one hundred years since anything like this has been seen, and it's truly a tragic situation, not just in Ashville, but all over that area with.
Speaker 14: The fature is. And if people want some more information, I was watching a great video yesterday called the Aftermath and Myths of Hurricane Helene from the Heartland Institute. It's all you have to do is go to climate realism dot com and scroll down to the bottom and you'll see the link to the video. Excellent, some really good.
Speaker 1: Information, all right, fantastic Anyway.
Speaker 14: This comes from an online rag called Waste sixty Daily Wired. What came out on this past Wednesday, and the headline caught my attention Rumpky's twenty year glass recycling story. Okay, in two thousand and four, Rumpky Waste Recycling build its own glass recycling facility in Dayton, Ohio for struggling with lack of cost effective options for processing the glass and the region. Today, Rumky processes about sixty thousand tons of glass annually and so when they open it up in two thousand and four, had been struggling for years to get glass that was fed with recycling facilities other locations for further processing. That is, when you and I, you know, recycled glass to Rumky, they basically they separated from everything else. It still needs to be processed in order for people to use it. And the reason is, you know, they were frustrated because the Midwest is home to some very large glass manufactur mixtures that are hungry for recycled content. One of the reasons is is that virgin recycled glass uses less energy than virgin stock. So what Brunkey did is they built their own processing plant and now they're prop has two primary customers. One is John's Mansfield who uses it in fiberglass manufacturing, and the other is Anchor Light Lapel, who uses it in bottles. And the fines, which have been the past been normally just trashed or sold in the sand blasting industry. And at first they only used what we call post consumer glass, which is from households from and that glass only came from Cincinnati and their Columbus operations. But then they began working with other recycling centers in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, so they basically became the middleman, that is, this Dayton plant became a middleman. And what has happened over five years, They've spent two to two point five million dollars on the plant to improve efficiency and quality. Upgrades include a crusher a crusher to improve fine grind size consistency. Just this past year they've invested over a million dollars in a sensor based infrared optical sorder that removes plastic at the beginning of the process, which will increase the glass recovered by twenty percent. What this means the plant can run more glass and of better quality.
Speaker 2: So so is doing good things with their glass recycling, is your point.
Speaker 14: That is interesting, Gary jep Shards of glass that are greater than three eight inch or bigger go into bottles and jars and are sorted by color. That's how great the technology can sort glass by color. Smaller pieces are sorted out ground for fiberglass insulation where color doesn't matter, but it has to be super clean ninety nine point seven glass. So you're looking for more ways to get more used glass for their facility up there.
Speaker 1: Hallelujah. Good for them.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, mister Shilty, God bless you have a blessed We can all right, take care and uh, Matt, real quick, I'm late for a break.
Speaker 1: What do you need.
Speaker 16: Hey, A couple of months ago, I sent you an email about my father in law. Yeah, he's doing better. I want to thank you for your thoughts and players and uh he just finished his email or time with therapy. Yeah, but I just wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Speaker 6: Oly, not a lot to me.
Speaker 1: Oh, you know what, thank you for. But but I don't need thanks.
Speaker 2: I have a really cool opportunity to do nice things, and when I get a chance to do them, it it makes me feel like I'm actually there's a reason for me being here. Matt, thank you so much. It's seven fourteen at seven hundred WLW. It's Burrow versus Jackson.
Speaker 1: Borrow spikes them all with the back of the.
Speaker 5: Outside here for an AFC North Wolf taht chops under the ground.
Speaker 2: Mark Jackson at his two and two raven line up against Joe Burrow and the one in three things.
Speaker 33: Burrow with his third touchdown pass.
Speaker 2: Well, Zach Taylor's men pound the cavern nails the call live from Dad Horde and Dave Lappa. Coverage starts tomorrow morning at nine on seven hundred wl and the whole of the best Bengalos coverage.
Speaker 5: At bats are us.
Speaker 36: We're terrible roofers, we stink at installing sighting, and don't ever call us for your kitchen remodel.
Speaker 2: But and then the temperatures take a nose dive, and not in the bad ways. Monday's high with sunshine around sixty nine.
Speaker 33: Are you having trouble hearing? Hearing loss can devastate the quality of your life. Now there's an affordable fix for you or your loved one. Rated in the best hearing age of twenty twenty four by USA Today, Audien Hearing has the highest quality hearing aids at the lowest prices just one eighty nine.
Speaker 36: I actually like them better than my old five thousand dollars hearing aids.
Speaker 5: I could not believe how my hearing and life changed.
Speaker 33: Join over five hundred thousand happy customers by going to Audienhearing dot com. That's Audianhearing dot Com.
Speaker 34: I'll be honest, I'm really worried about my kids and grandkids. I never thought we'd be facing a national abortion ban in this country.
Speaker 35: That's Cama. She lives in Cincinnati and is a grandma to six.
Speaker 34: If something happened to my family, I'd want them to have all the help they need, but with a national ban, they'll have nowhere to turn.
Speaker 35: Bernie Marino supports a national abortion bed and he has said he has one hundred percent against abortion with no exceptions. And if Marino's in the Senate, he could be the deciding vote to pass a national abortion ban.
Speaker 34: Last year, we voted to protect abortion in Ohio. Now, Bernie Marino wants to get rid of that completely. It's simple. I don't trust Bernie Marino to do what's right for my family. He should never be Ohio's senator.
Speaker 35: Your Community Pack is responsible for the content of this advertising, paid for by your community Package, not.
Speaker 9: Authoris by any candidate or candidate's committee.
Speaker 1: Learn more at your communitypack dot org. The free I Heard radio app has over won oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seven eighteen and some change again. The theme of the morning is if at all possible, if you can find a couple extra sheckles. I will tell you that I get inundated all the time in my email, and I mean, I'm glad it's not Kamala Harris asking, but I get inundated all the time with the Trump campaign asking me for donations. And personally, I don't really have a whole lot of money. I mean, I'm doing a lot better than a lot of people, and I'm not starving, and I have a place to live, so I will thank God for that, by the grace of God. But I don't have a lot of money to donate to a political campaign, even if I believe in the candidate, which I do believe in Donald Trump, and I go Trump. God bless Donald Trump. But if you have any cash at all, I did find some money my wife and I to donate to the Red Cross, American Red Cross, Samaritan's Purse Matthew twenty five ministries to help out the folks who are suffering the aftermath of Hurricane Helena. Time now for the and that madman's name is Tom Davis. He's here with wild, wacky stories from around the country.
Speaker 1: And around the world. Here now is your report.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 30: This week, if you want to kiss me, you're going to have to do your homework. But first, nothing like a good old police chase to get the adrenaline flowing, unless you were in Flagler County, Florida, where cops were after a car that refused to pull over but was actually going very.
Speaker 1: Very slow.
Speaker 30: At one point, Kyle McNairy was allegedly clocked at just three miles an hour. And get this, this harrowing affair only ended after Kyle struck the stopsticks and crashed into another car, all at slow speeds. Meanwhile, she's a new record holder. Ambro Kalina has the world's largest tongue circumference, about the longest, the largest around five point four to four inches.
Speaker 19: Wow.
Speaker 30: She beat the current record holder, Jinny Duvander, by just half a centimeter. In New Hampshire, rescue workers fished a moose out of a swimming pool. Neighbors called nine one one, saying a moose was struggling to get out. Wildlife workers tranquilized the animal lifted it out of the pool before releasing it back to the wild. And finally, a Boston woman named Quinn has gone viral because of all the things man needs to do before she will kiss him. Quinn suffers from a life threatening food allergy and mass sell activation syndrome. You can't eat any of the things she's allergic to within a twenty four hour period, and it has to be at least three hours since you've had anything before she kisses you. If you were to have any leftover particles during the puckering, you could cause her to swell, break out into hives, or possibly go into shock. Next week, ballpit brawl between two moms leaves one bruised and the other brawliss have a great weekend.
Speaker 28: King Wile in the entrenched forest, Eddie and Rocky, Hey, you're walking the wrong way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can't do our show today.
Speaker 28: Something came up, but you're millions of loyal fans are counting on you to entertain them after a long, arguous day.
Speaker 2: Dude, We've got front row tickets to see Little Red Riding Hoods all new review.
Speaker 5: You're disappointing your fans for some kiddie show.
Speaker 1: She's no kiddy. Just look at her flyer.
Speaker 5: WHOA got an extra ticket?
Speaker 37: Eddie and Rock Londay afternoon at three one wl don If you're suffering from a rectile dysfunction or pe, Proactive Men's Medical Center will get your sex life back in just one.
Speaker 2: This is the Bengals empty trought to you in part by your Tri State Chevrolet Dealers and by Cincinnati Text Resolution powered by Tave Sheldon on seven hundred Wow, a home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 24: We've got tough game coming up on Sunday. I would say Derrick Henry could run rough shot over these boys if we're not careful. What could be in the game plan to try to number one slow him down?
Speaker 19: Well one, you know, the the addition of just guys that haven't been here with this team. You know, what what is the status of a Miles Murphy, mckimley Jackson and others that are coming off the injured list. Bj Hill Sean Rankins are coming off of injuries that kept him out a couple of weeks. And Trey Henderson looks after what was a scary moment on the field last week, looks like he's going to be able to play. So the addition of those guys alone helps. But this is a tall, tall ass because you know, if you go up against a team that's going to run the ball really well, sometimes you have to load the box. The Bengals just haven't been good enough in the secondary that make you feel comfortable with point one on one on the outside. So this is a mismatch from the Bengals defensive side to what the Ravens do offensively. If you can win on some first downs and make Lamar have to throw, then you completely change the conversation. Because as good as Baltimore's offense has been, the Bengals offense is really good as well. And I do think the Bengals can score points. It'll just be who can score more points in what I would look at as a shootout on Sunday.
Speaker 24: Yeah, we read last week is with eight in the box. He got in three rushes for zero yards. Less than that, he could run all over the place somebody else. We haven't heard much about his Sam Hubbard this year I saw where Pro Football folks because ranks Sam number two hundred and thirty nine out of two hundred and thirty nine defensive linemen in the pass rush.
Speaker 1: What's up with him?
Speaker 6: You know, it's a question mark because last year he played much of the year hurt, and then this year we were told he was healthy. He went through a little bit of an injury in training camp, and then the word we got last week was he's battling some other injuries. So it sounds like it's something he's going to deal with much of the season. His production is way down, and the unfortunate part about that is they were counting on that production in the offseason because they didn't address their biggest need, which was defensive line. I think they put a lot of stock in Joseph Osai, who has not panned out.
Speaker 19: They put a lot of stock in Sam Hubbard, who was struggling, and they put a lot of stock in Miles Murphy they drafted in the first round last year. They're zero for two on the first two, Miles Murphy has to be a hit and we'll find more out about him this week and what he can contribute to a defense that badly needs help on the d line.
Speaker 24: I think the Bengals are like number six and spending on defense and number twenty two and spending on defense, and that's a little bit too much of an imbalance, I would guess.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 19: I mean, when you have the offense as the Bengals have, and you're going to have to pay borrow and you're going to have to pay Jamar Chase, you are going to prioritize making sure those contracts get done. You know, you've got to rely on when you pay a lot on the offensive side of the ball, you got to rely on scheme on defense, and you can't miss the draft picks. And while they've gotten some right on the offensive side of the ball, they've missed too many draft picks on the defensive side of the ball. Because that's how you overcompensate for the money you're spending offense. You have rookie contract guys on defense, right, they just haven't hit enough of those guys and it's put them in a really tough spot.
Speaker 24: Right all the time. We have thanks for yours and we'll look again next Friday. Tony Pike with thank you, have a good day.
Speaker 19: Thanks buddy.
Speaker 2: You imagine being since your service. That's me and you or you, and that is perfectly fine with me. Before we go any further, a happy birthday this coming, I believe Tuesday or Monday night. Bob Menainger, a guy that I've known geez twenty five years, been at least maybe longer than that. Met Bob singing karaoke, had a place called Miller's fill In, which is now just the fill In in Bellevue, Kentucky, all those years ago, and he has remained a steadfast buddy and a listener. And Bob, just the best of birthdays to you in the week ahead, be a sixty seven. I didn't think we'd make it past fifty anyway. With that, we turn our attention to the world of science and our friend science Mike with another Science Minute on his Saturday Morning.
Speaker 1: Pump This lad.
Speaker 21: As a night scientist, surprising all blinding me was.
Speaker 2: A bit surprising, indeed, Michael, good morning, how are you well.
Speaker 17: I'm doing ready, there's a rough morning at times for you.
Speaker 1: Today but.
Speaker 17: We're doing well.
Speaker 1: How is it a rough morning?
Speaker 17: Oh? Just you know, just things going on with on your show. Just you know some of some of the people calling in well and not speaking.
Speaker 1: You're not talking about Mam Tree, are you not that money? Mam Tree?
Speaker 2: Now, Mama Tree just thought I was talking about black people, which I wasn't. I was talking about people who should be getting the attention of our government. But we're giving too much of attention to illegal immigrants, to the tune of like one point four billion dollars out of femous budget to house migrants that were flown into the country illegally by Joe Biden and Kamala Harris uh And so all of a sudden she went to Haitians and black people eating cats and Springfield, which I didn't mention that at all.
Speaker 1: But anyway, we don't we don't. We don't have we don't have a time problem. We have spending problems.
Speaker 2: Yes, And then there was the Marxist too called in and Lamb Bastard Liam our producer for the commentary that Steve from ETNA was putting on that he didn't particularly care for to say the least.
Speaker 17: Well, this topic. Gary Jeff I think I Reay's gonna find interesting. We were talking about negative time and h science. Some scientists out of Toronto put out a paper called they Discovered what they're calling negative Time and what they did, let's let's back up a second. You know when you when you send energy through a gas likes like a neon light, and you put energy into it, and the neon lights they have different colors based on a different type of gas in size. So what happens is the energy comes in the gas, atoms get excited and then they drop back down and when they drop back down loser energy, they give off a wavelength of light and there you got your different colors of light. So what they did was they took in the visual photons and they fire them into what they called a rubidium cloud. And these little photons they had their little wave packets. They go into the cloud and you know that goes in and say, we ain't know exactly how long it takes to excite the rubidium adam, and they say, well, now it comes out. Well, what they found out they were was going on on the quantum state, which is the really my small kind of inside the particle itself is they're firing these photons into the atom, and the photons the wave coming out is going coming out almost before the photon is going into the rubidium atom, so they're calling it negative time. So essentially, if something's happening before it happens, they don't understand how it's happening. It's an interesting type of experiments they're going on. The application is when we get sending information, sometimes it's going to get distorted and they don't know how to fix it yet through the quantum level. As far as firing off.
Speaker 2: Individual I am currently more confused about everything that I've ever been before in my life.
Speaker 17: Negative time, Gary, Jeff, we'll talk about it again yesterday.
Speaker 1: Okay, negative time.
Speaker 2: That's what Liam spent with that dude on the phone who kept cursing at him. Negative time. All right, thank you too. It's eight eleven at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 28: Vice President Kamala Harrison is a fight for the future.
Speaker 5: Former President Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: The greatest economy in the history of a country.
Speaker 5: A divided nation volks on the future of America.
Speaker 36: Donald Trump was fired by eighty one million people.
Speaker 5: Do you have a radical left but candidate's democracy with a capital d protecting our democracy takes to struggle.
Speaker 32: In fact, I am the one saving democracies and.
Speaker 5: For the latest on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: I expect it to be a lot easier. I thought it was going to be a piece of cake. I didn't know what stuff to take next. I was transitioning from the military. Was a vehicle gunner, an abionic specialists. I was an MP military police. My friends thought I could do anything. I missed my unit, my.
Speaker 5: Family, playing with my daughter.
Speaker 9: I felt like a stranger.
Speaker 5: I was overwhelmed.
Speaker 9: I couldn't sleep. I just wanted to be by myself. I didn't have a clear sense of what to do next. I was too proud. And then I thought, if I'm going through this, other veterans have gone through too, right. I started to open up and it made a huge difference. So I reached out and I saw that I wasn't alone, because before I was able to take on my next mission, I had to take on just taking care of myself to find purpose.
Speaker 28: Go to make the connection dot net to learn how other veterans have overcome the challenges of transitioning out of the military.
Speaker 1: Your four care and then dad and kindness, cam stuff.
Speaker 2: It's my wife christ to two point zho's new favorite song, Reunion of Souls, Let's Go to Love. This is a part of the show that kind of centers me to remind me what's important. I don't know what it does for you, if anything, but I'd like to protect something positive on this program, and the best way I know how to do that is to share the Word of God with you and to help us do that. Brother Rick Green of Spirit Work, Cincinnati, once again chiming in on a Saturday morning, Rick, good morning, Hey.
Speaker 17: Good morning, Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 38: I'm going to eat you and your listeners to pray for our family. Our sister Belinda went to be with the Lord Thursday and I'm praising guys.
Speaker 31: She got her new body, no.
Speaker 38: More cancer, no more chemo. I'm so happy for her, but I'm sad for the family.
Speaker 2: All right, Prayers for Rick Green's family in the passing of their beloved sister, Rick's beloved sister. And then I'd also ask for prayers and I'll include you in this for everyone who was trying to recover from the awful storms that hit last week in North Carolina and Tennessee and South Carolina and Georgia and in Floriday. I've been encouraging people all morning long if they can to donate to whatever charity, and there are three really good ones I mentioned Matthew twenty five Ministries, Samaritan's Purse, and the American Red Cross. So with that, brother, what's the word this morning?
Speaker 38: We're coming from Second Corinthians, Chapter thirteen, verse eleven. It said, family, brothers, and.
Speaker 31: Such a rejoyed strive for full restoration, courage one another, be of one mind, live in peace, and the God of love and peace will.
Speaker 25: Be with you.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, girl, I love the end of that.
Speaker 31: The God the love and peace.
Speaker 18: Will be with you.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 2: This is one of the Apostle Paul's letters to the churches, as you mentioned, the one in corinth And you know what's weird is I just flipped open this morning to my verse and I flipped open to Second Corinthians ten to five, which is just a little bit before where you were at in Corinthians, and it says it reads, I'm serious. I can't believe we both picked out the same book this morning. It says, we demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God and we take camped of every thought to make it obedient to Christ. Amen, and I really need that, especially this morning, So thank you for sharing. And another Rick Green podcast by the way, Rick Green and it's spelled g R E E n E has a YouTube channel and there are some audio podcasts that we've been doing over the past several months, and gonna do another one today. So if you get a chance and you're interested, check out Rick Green's podcast or his YouTube channel. Just go to Rick Green with an E on the end of Green and check out the podcast there, because there's some pretty amazing testimonies of Christians and you might find it uplifting.
Speaker 1: Brother.
Speaker 2: I'll see you in a little while, and thank you so much. It's eight eighteen at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 36: Bats are us. We're terrible roofers. We sting get installing site sport.
Speaker 2: Liam Just for my wife's benefit. You got the New Richmond football score from last night.
Speaker 7: New Richmond b Western Brown thirty eight to sixteen last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, take it down, Western Brown.
Speaker 2: And what about my alma mater in Hendersonville, Tennessee, Hendersonville High School Commandos.
Speaker 7: The Commandos moved to five and one on the season with a win over Springfield at twenty seven to twenty one victory last night, and was hated Springfield. A couple of local scores. Ryle falls to say Nex Kentucky thirty one to twenty four. Ross pulls out a win of Redwood seventeen to fourteen. Hamilton top Fairfield forty two to twenty one. Boone County fell to Scott twenty seven to six. Anderson Boat raced turp In fifty six to thirteen. Boat raced I like that, Lakota West Blank Sycamore fifty two to nothing.
Speaker 1: What about dismembered? Be headed?
Speaker 2: All of those at Bengals tomorrow. Our coverage begins at nine am, the game at one from pay Corps. Bengals hosting the Ravens, still with a chance to save their season.
Speaker 1: All the coverage You're at the Home of the Best. Bengals coverage seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: Sarah Spain for Iheartwomen's Sports presented by ELF Beauty.
Speaker 35: The Minnesota Links are one win away from heading to the WNBA Finals. They defeated the Connecticut Sun ninety to eighty one Friday night in Uncasville, Connecticut to take a two to one lead in their best of five series.
Speaker 30: Nafisa Collier was eleven of nineteen for twenty six points and eleven boards to lead the Links.
Speaker 5: Fortney Williams was seven of ten to add sixteen points.
Speaker 1: Game four is on Sunday For more women's sports stories.
Speaker 36: Subscribed A Good Game with Sarah Spain on iHeart Podcasts