Speaker 1: So Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle Man. We got so much fun stuff today, lots of stuff to get to. I want to remind everybody that we loves to give away stuff. We get way stuff all the time, tickets, all kinds of things, and we usually use that iHeart app, So you have to have it. It's free, you can stream everything. There's a talkback feature on there where you can leave messages. We're going to use that right now. We have a four pack of tickets to see Rangers Royals on June the nineteenth. That is June the nineteenth, and so we're gonna give it to the first person that leaves a talkback message with their name, their phone number, their email address and can go ahead and tell us what famous political figure currently where we just talking about That been sounded like yesterday. We just laughed and had all kinds of fun and yucks talking about it. We played audio of him being sick and said he sounded like this particular current political figure. First one that can tell us you're going to win those tickets. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Is another edition of things. Skin is Traffic.
Speaker 1: Ah, Yes, okay, I got a lot of things to jump to here, and they're mostly kind of money related. But I saw an article today. I've always said people ask me about, you know, living here, what it's like, etc. I've always said, you know, it's one of the best places to live comfortably easily. Now, that's always going to be depending on your situation. But for the longest time, living in North Texas was pretty easy to live here comfortably because of just the way the economy is. Opportunities and inflation hadn't hit us like other parts of the country. Well man, with all the people moving in from different parts of the country, specifically from California and New York, that is actually starting to change. And I saw an article today your average person now living comfortably. That's there's a variable there, right, pants off, shoes off, that can meet a lot of different things. Are you guys familiar with the fifty thirty twenty rule when it comes to your income.
Speaker 2: No, fifty percent goes to savings. Oh, if you can do that, you're a mom. Fifty to your mortgage.
Speaker 1: Fifty percent of your income goes to necessities such as housing, food, transportation, and medical expenses. Thirty percent goes to discretionary spending like travel and hobbies. I would also argue eating out, Oh right, if that's your hobby, if you're into that, that doesn't cost what depending where you go, which restaurant you go to, it doesn't cost that much.
Speaker 2: Right, What kind of restaurants are you talking about? You've just gonna tackle bell, you know.
Speaker 1: And twenty percent goes to retirement savings paying off debt. So it's just kind of like a standard they use the fifty to thirty twenty rule, okay, solid and go to in some places.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just a toss, what kind of salad? Twenty percent to what I prefer? Sarap, you said, twenty percent goes to what sir? To either retirement or paying off debt? Damn? How are you guys doing in that regard? Ah? Not great. I think I'm doing ninety five and five. I've been looking at doing someting, so I'm enjoying the content. Yeah, I'm doing forty fifty and ten. That got you to one hundred, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: Do you guys know what the average median household income in Dallas's dude?
Speaker 2: Fifty nine to five median household household?
Speaker 1: Okay, so to both household anybody that's bringing an income.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Now, whenever you do this, you got a factor in Highland Park, and you have to factor in people living below the poverty line. Seventy nine to nine. It's a wide spectrum. Ben says, seventy nine to nine. What do you say, Kevin one hundred? What do you say, Christina?
Speaker 2: I don't want to go in between them? That's hot. But no, no, not like that. I'll go I'll just say yeah, sixty five. The answer is or the answer was no.
Speaker 1: The answer is in Dallas seventy four thousand, three hundred and fifty dollars, So seventy five thousand, just round up, so a big holder seventy five thousands of household median income. In Texas, a person needs about ninety thousand dollars as an individual or two hundred and four thousand dollars as a family of four to quote unquote live comfortably. And that now puts Texas in the middle of the pack. Oh so it's you know, it's not like Hawaii, California, Massachusetts, but at eight West Virginia, Arkansas, or South Dakota at either on average, a person needs about fifty eight hundred dollars more than they were averaging last year to meet inflation. So you need to be making fifty eight hundred dollars more than you were making last year to meet the demands of inflation. Are the tariffs gonna help that. It's not gonna help it at all. And I was looking at these numbers going damn, because I've always thought North Texas is a place where you could live rather comfortably.
Speaker 2: It ain't that way anymore.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: This makes me know this.
Speaker 1: So you guys need to get back to that. Let's all move in together. Let's get a house together, save moddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's pick up some waiter shifts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seriously, we'll let you have your own room, Christina.
Speaker 2: The three of us, me, Ben and KT can share a bed. He's gonna need a bigger bed, he said. He's going to pick up some waiters. Oh yeah, you'll beast you all right, let's do this.
Speaker 1: Coming up next in the Hollywood Shuffle, the most watched shows of the end of twenty four beginning of twenty five.
Speaker 2: Are you watching these? Are we watching these? We'll tell you next