Speaker 1: He was a comedical podcast episode four ninety nine. I'm Brando, I'm here through and every'ere talking about how far we like to push our decks.
Speaker 2: Now and our themes.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do a regular micro Oh yeah, we should.
Speaker 3: We should do a mic test. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, it tells us we're sounding good.
Speaker 3: Okay, Brando's not too loud. I'm not too loud. Sometimes I'm the loud one.
Speaker 1: After that, Oh, he's shaking his head. Give us the up and you know what that means. Hey, Ryan, We're back for yet another whirlwind adventure.
Speaker 3: How you doing good? What is going down?
Speaker 1: Whole bunch is going down. We've got a fairly interesting talk of topic to talk about today. We've got some stories to tell, some people to thank, some general c CEO business to get to. Before we get to any of that, we have to thank our official business, Daddy's Fusion Gaming Online dot com. They are a source for all your gaming needs where you can use special promo code say CEO Nation to save it, sell five percent off all your cards, your sealed product, your games, your play mats, your dice or boxes, and any other miscellaneous things that they happened to have in the shop. They will sell it to you for less as long as you tell them that we sent you.
Speaker 3: Oh, and I know what you're gonna get. What am I gonna all of the Edge of Eternity stuff that you love so much. I'm really not into it yet. Yeah, you know what. I was very into kind of like what it looked like and the stick of it all. And I think I still am because stations can be your commander. Sure, I like that. And that goes back to me like liking vehicles like you know I do. Yeah, So when it comes out or if I want to pre order some, I'm gonna go use CCO Nation promo code. I'm gonna get to discount. I'm gonna buy it anyways, I might as well spend less money on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Quick spoiler, We are recording this significantly earlier than we normally would, so like as we're speaking, the Edge of Eternity preview panel is actually ongoing as we're recording, so we don't have all the information yet. But we've seen a few of the alt arts, we've seen some of the basic lands, We've seen some of the stuff so far, and I personally, at this exact moment, maybe it's final fantasy burnout. Maybe it's excitement burnout. I don't know. But I'm less excited for this than I thought I was gonna be. I really did think I was really looking forward to it because I like space. I like bubble helmets, like dinosaurs with laser guns, and I haven't seen any of that shit.
Speaker 3: You know that that sounds to me kind of like Infinity, And I know that you didn't like that either. Now maybe you don't like space. I got you covered on this, though. What I am and what I think you can be excited for, tell me, is a regular, laterly priced magic set. What that isn't of some obtuse frickin universe beyond. It is a in universe magic set that is completely normal.
Speaker 1: Well as in universe and normal as they've been since they opened the Omen Paths and just kind of started doing whatever they want. And you know what else do is And I don't want to sound like a magic hipster when I say that, or like a boomer or any of that stuff, but well, you are a boomer. I know that I have certainly gone on record as saying that I wish that they would get away from the gate Watch and they just do some episodic stuff to like refresh the brand.
Speaker 3: And then come back on episodic stuff. Can you imagine we'll.
Speaker 1: Just do some episodic stuff to like build up to the next big point, like bring back another villain, do something. But now it's been years and it's time to make things cohesive again, because commanders and cowboy hats and assholes in space and whatever, whatever the fuck you've been doing.
Speaker 3: Race car driving race cars. I didn't tie.
Speaker 1: I think lots of people are getting tired of it and just do something.
Speaker 3: Did you drive any of those electric race cars in Vegas?
Speaker 1: Oh? You better, I did. I had so much fun with that. List me and like, these little kids are racing, I had so much fun with Yeah, yeah, yeah, I forgot to mention you. Did you figure out how to let off the gas on the sharp corner? Oh?
Speaker 3: No, I rolled the car. I spun the car.
Speaker 1: I was having so much fun playing with these kids.
Speaker 3: It was great. I had a really good time with super fun. The thing about Edgy of Eternities, from the limited exposure I've had thus far, feels a little bit like ether drift. And I can't complain about that because you know that I liked ether Drift. I liked ether Drift enough to go to Fusion Gaming Online dot com and get a collector box of it. Yeah, I opened it. I'm not gonna say I'm gonna do that again because I haven't seen the whole set yet and I haven't really figured out yet. If I want to play vehicles and stations together. Yeah. If I could play a two hundred cardidh deck, though, boy, howdie you better believe I would have dinosaurs driving cars in cowboy hats, parking them in fucking stations. It'd be called Dinosaurs space Dock. Do not google that? Fuck? Now? You want to do that?
Speaker 1: I really do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, really really do. Yeah. We can make a partner deck. That'll be our pride deck next year.
Speaker 1: You play dinosaurs and I played Wait, I would play dinosaurs and you would play vehicles.
Speaker 3: I would call it space dock. Still.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, but that's the partner deck. Yes, you would, yeah, and we we would be the partners. Yeah, go ahead and be fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like that. I like that. Speaking of partners, we would like to extend our deepest thanks to our Patreon supporters over at Patreon dot com. Slash ccio podcast. We very much appreciate it. We have been talking in the discord, which is like the main benefit to be coming to patron about the Can we call it a mini a mini experience, the mini CEO experience with face to Face tour stop sets. I don't know.
Speaker 1: People want to come and cook food at my house, which I think is going to be really funny because I don't think they understand how small and how under equipped my kitchen is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so like they could just come to my house and roast wieners over my fire.
Speaker 1: Well they could just come to my house and roast wieners on your stove element by driving to your house.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, but yeah, I don't know it.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a really great time. We got lots of people are coming in a surprising number of people coming in Chaskatoon.
Speaker 3: Freaking check this out. Okay, So if you haven't heard about the Face to Face Tour, literally go to F to F tour dot com. That's where it is, or listen to Commander Cookout podcasts because we are wont to talk about it when it happens. We are the only city, Saskatoon that is under a million people. In twenty twenty five, that's getting a two day face to face event. That's pretty freaking awesome. And I'm gonna say that y'all did that. Yeah, that's freaking awesome.
Speaker 1: You guys are the reason why that's happening, and that's pretty fricking cool. Like we like to take credit for it because it makes face to face like want to hang out with us. But at the end of the day, you guys are the ones that did that, So it would be hoove all of our business to go and support it because it is a pretty big deal awesome.
Speaker 3: August twenty three and twenty four, that's a Saturday Sunday. Usually it goes something like this main event Saturday for Modern or Pioneer, whatever it is. But in Saskatoon, we know that the show floor is going to be dominated by Commander Pod all day long, like record number of single day Commander Pods fire in Saskatoon all the.
Speaker 1: Time, two days in a row.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And on Sunday they introduced like Lorcana and Star Wars and One Piece, oh and Magic the Gathering. Oh Yeah, dominated by Commander yet again. Because we are a very commander centric community. That is Saskatoon. Moushjaw Pa Regina. People come from Calgary. We've got people coming from BC. We've potentially got multiple different people coming from the United States. We potentially have somebody coming from fucking Sweden. The Magar's coming back. Oh shit, yes, prepared to get Ta megged tea bagged. Saskatoon Sweden connection. The Saskatoon space doc. Yeah, don't google that.
Speaker 1: Well, no, we five Kla Monoman angel and works there.
Speaker 3: He does. He microwaves things with satellite dishes.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ta MegaR is going to be over there doing the bending over. Yeah. Yeah, you can imagine. It's right by one of my job sites. So maybe we could double up and go get our cows and horses vaccinated at the veterinarian clinic.
Speaker 1: Are you building the new trade school? Is that one of the projects you guys are working on.
Speaker 3: I can't talk about that yet. Neat.
Speaker 1: Oh that's really cool. So you guys aren't gonna know shit, but I'm gonna knowing.
Speaker 3: What he said. Yeah. Yeah, so that's Saskatoon mini experience. We've got people coming, some stay at your house, some stay at my house. Clutch when it counts Keel has potentially offered up a place to stay. So if you're in the discord, find the appropriate thread and link up with anybody who's talking in that thread, because it's gonna be freakin' awesome.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be super fun. We're looking forward to having people again our neck of the woods. It's always fun on we can to show people.
Speaker 3: And I like, I work by the airport, so I can provide a lot of the transportation, Like I'm not providing the housing this time because it's not a full coecial experience on time, but I can drive. And the venue is close to food and bars and hotels.
Speaker 1: And is it where it usually is?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes you will, Yeah, but I mean would you rather be downtown? Actually Downtown in August just pretty nice?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Downtown in August rules because there's that rooftop bar that we can go at has the best patio beer in the whole city. Oh, I love patio bit It's very very good. Yeah, and the servers are all really nice. The food's really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And they have a leprechn door like that you can go through physically.
Speaker 3: Yes, you are small enough and you don't have to duck. You can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's just the door I go through.
Speaker 3: Yeah, awesome, Yeah, Yeah, yeah, stay tuned to Commander Cookout on social media's and discord and stuff like Twitter and Blue Sky and Facebook and the Discord because potentially it's worked out in the past that we've been able to get like a like a discount code or a coupon code or whatever. But when you purchase your Commander package, it comes with the event vouchers and some swag and stuff. You can get five or ten dollars off of that and usually like a little gift from us like a booster pack or some sleeves or something. So just stay tuned for that because we want to set that up and provide extra value to the attendees and the CSHO nationalites that are going to be there, and also to face to face so they so they really know, Hey man, a two day event is a freaking good idea here. So that being said, uh, yeah, I have I have some magic the gathering stuff I want to talk to you about on this show. This is going to be Uncle Brandon Opinion Power Hour? Can we in?
Speaker 1: Can we call it that? I guess?
Speaker 3: So? Okay, so oh wherever we want, it's our show. Yeah, The Uncle Brando's jerk Off five.
Speaker 1: Thousand spinning tea bag, cats on a chair.
Speaker 3: The Saskatoon Space Doc connection. Yeah. So we play with a lot of the same people, like one hundred percent of the same people. We play in the same groups when we play, and even when we go abroad to a CEO experience or you know, to different places in the country or Magic Con, we play with the National Lights. So I think you and I have a like a a similar opinion on what is fun cool, funny, acceptable, the social norms, the the CEEO acumen, if you will.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're a little bit more diplomatic than I am.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we have the same experience.
Speaker 1: Truth, we played the same people. Yeah, I threaten them, you deal with them. I lie, Yes, I lie to them and I threaten them.
Speaker 3: It sounds like we're awesome people. Sounds like we're really good friends to have. Okay, So I went to Fusion Gaming Online dot Com used c nation promo code holy shit, and saved me some five percent on a galadrial light of vallenor.
Speaker 1: What the fuck is that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna read it to you and you're gonna say, uh, frick right off.
Speaker 1: Okay, Should I just say it now or do I wait? Unti, you're finished reading it. Oh, you know what we should also do while he's looking up, we should also say thanks to Gary and Phoenix and all the great people here at the Dufferent Avenue Media Network Studio Network Studio Network Studios for giving us a place to record the show. It's got air conditioning, it's on when the cameras are not and Mike's are in front of our faces and people the booth that record us, so that we don't sound like morons talking to nobody's. Wow, we appreciate.
Speaker 3: That we do sound like morons. Well, yeah, at least we're not talking to nobody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's our fault. That's not their fault.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's your fault for tuning in, you moron. Okay, galadrial light of Valinom.
Speaker 1: I'm already looking at it thinking fuck yeah.
Speaker 3: And you're gonna know this one. This is green, white, blue, two three to three elf noble. Sure, whenever another creature you control enters, choose one that hasn't been chosen.
Speaker 1: This turns it's a blank deck. Okay, no, no, okay.
Speaker 3: The first choice add green green green, remember this card. The second choice put a plus one plus one counter on each creature you control. The third one is describe to then draw card, so you can do any of those once, turn all of them if you choose a creature.
Speaker 1: Is one of the cards you bought for the set, the Green Green three sorcery that makes an elephant a snake and uh wolf.
Speaker 3: No, but that's great. That's the exact kind of Uncle Brando bullshit tech that I need.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I feel like if you're not playing that you might be pushing the deck a little bit too farther. A bud Well might be trying a little bit too hard.
Speaker 3: This is the example card that I'm going to go back to. Okay, this is the example card I'm gonna go back to. But before we get to specific examples, Okay, I want to know your general sort of umbrella opinion, and I want to know, like of the Blink deck no, no, no, of certain categories of things, Blink maybe being one of them. Okay, but things like in a deck like this, like a three color Elf deck, let's say, or a three color Blink deck. Sure, how many tutors like what's appropriate? How many win cons do I need? Like how much fast MANA do I need? That kind of stuff and sort of I have category and sort of I have specific examples. So I'm gonna start with the categories, and you hit the first one on the head. Blink.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now.
Speaker 3: There's kind of two different kinds of blink. There's the blink that puts things back to your hand so you can then redeploy it, but also so you can save it, and you can kind of use it as like a to blank or to counter a removal spell. Right, that's I think totally fine. Yeah, and you could you could lump things like I don't know, spider silk thing, armor net, snakeskin veil. That's what I was thinking of. What it gives your guy shroud or hexproof, and it's like a green or blue counterspell.
Speaker 1: The blink ones are perfectly fine. It's a way of utilizing your the tools in your deck in a more optimal way. That's fine. Yeah, And that's not an optimization. It's just if you're going to play a card that does something, make it do the most stuff.
Speaker 3: And if I said, okay, let's take that a step further and talk about effemerate momentary blink, ghostly flicker, where it goes immediately back into play and I can take advantage of enter the battlefield or leave the battlefield and save my guy from a counter or from a removal spell. That's okay. Sure, if I had like three or four or six like blink decks are wont to do? Is that too much redundancy when I have such a great value engine in the command.
Speaker 1: Zo I hate it? Okay, but that's me anciodotally hating it. I think that the decks themselves are fine. The decks that I dislike the most personally are the dirtily ones. Yes, if you're gonna okay, I'm gonna play one card and then I'm gonna draw three cards. I'm gonna look at the ten cards in my hand, and I'm gonna play this one. I'm gonna draw three more. Look at all the now there's fifteen cards in my hand. Yes, those are the decks that I I don't particularly like playing against because they go for a really long time and often they don't go anywhere really meaningful, because they build up this huge board state into a wrathagod Yes, or they take a thirty five minute turn end up with fewer lands than they started with. Yeah, and made a one one you know what I mean, Like, those aren't my kind of jams. Those are typically, I would say, in chantrous decks with the blinking and the bouncing and the yeah, well here on the I would say that blink. I don't necessarily mind, but I find them a little frustrating because every time you try and do anything, the deck benefits from you trying to deal with them.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I just god damn it.
Speaker 1: And again I appreciate that exists. I just don't like it. And that's fine.
Speaker 3: So if we look at the specific example now with Galadriel and I had something where it says blink two things on one spell, right, and I blink my thing ETBs and ETBs exits and enters the battlefield and glad Dril and I stack my triggers. So when when I cast the thing, I get to scry to draw card because that doesn't take any time, right, okay, eye roll and then blink. Both of them stack the triggers. So gladryl enters and sees because she's a new object, a new thing entering the battlefield, scry to draw card again. And if I do that on every single person's turn, and I have that engine to draw four cards around. That's getting to be egregious. Yes, Or if I paired it with maybe you've heard about this card, I think it flies under the radar a little bit. But maybe you can combo with something like Cloudstone Curio, so every time I blink something, I can bounce something else and replay it like a zero drop.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, that gets a little bit egregious because now I'm starting to add three and scry two and draw card each turn. Never mind when I'm getting ready to attack and deploy like six or seven guys with blinking Galadril and then putting plus ones on six or seven times. Then it's like, oh well, just blink Galadriel six times a turn and put a plus one every time a new creature comes in. Now, if I do it six times, that might be taking up too many people's turns. Sure, But if I play it with what's the unicorn that blinks himself?
Speaker 1: L lah, whatever, the fucking unicorn.
Speaker 3: The unicorn that blinks himself, he can go infinite with Galadriel and like a cost reducer or a clone that can copy a legend like a Sakashima. Sure, and then you can just like take turns blinking, which Galadriel, that you blink and the non legend sees the legend enter and then blinks, and then the legend enters and the non legend sees it, and they just blink, blink, blinkin every time you do that, you can draw your whole deck and put plus ones on all your guys for however many cards you having your library.
Speaker 1: So it's the same as every other infinite compent.
Speaker 3: Yes, does that cross the line again and become okay? Because I'm not taking up everybody's time in this example, I'm just demonstrating the loop and then having people scoop or.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean they shouldn't scoop, they should lose.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I don't know, I don't that's a tricky one because to get I think, to get to that point, you're grinding out my time.
Speaker 3: Yes, to the inevitable end that I'm just looking at doing, which while it does end abruptly as to not drag your time, it did sort of let you down, right, It sort of let down your expectation of time spent and epic ending.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, Like I feel like in a deck like that, depending on how far you've gone. Let's say I go in a land, dude, pass my turn to f U Smitty and then you hang on end of your turn. I'm gonna blink. Three guys, I'm gonna scry to yeah. Uh, one on the bottom and one on the top. I'm gonna draw that one.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna play it because it has flash. I'm gonna do it again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's like okay, fuck sweet, like do you And eventually you're gonna get to those turns with something like do you win on your turn because I'll just scoop three people are gonna ask you that return yes, yes, And for you you're gonna end up having the exact same game over and over again.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you've you've We're gonna get to exactly that in ten seconds. Emeal the blest e meal, the blest is the UNI. Yeah. There you go running and yeah, yeah, hey three excel another target creature you control, then return it to the battlefield under its owner's control. You do that when it's a cost reducer because it's ETBs and you get three manna from Galadriel and then you can use let's say two of that three mana with the training grounds or one of that three mana with the training grounds. To blink, you still have two manus, so you can blink your meal again and get three more manua because there's a new gladril.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So there's a lot of little tricks with the meal, the blest e meal, whatever, whatever, whatever.
Speaker 1: Get him a meal that's a rouble cop or do it a meal? Yes, the rail guns are blowing up all the cars.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, okay, what did I say, We're just going to.
Speaker 1: Get to Sames Games Games?
Speaker 3: Yes, same z Games's now with the blink deck in these three colors, I think that you'd run into that a lot because you could have creature tutors. You could have a redundancy of blink effects in white and blue card draw literally right on your commander. Yep, infinite manup potentially right on your commander that leads into card draw. Do you for that reason just stay away from that and include that in your rule zero? Like you know, when I bust out my Calimax deck, I say specifically there are no infinite combos here. If I find them, I immediately take them out, and people go, oh okay, and I'm just like I'm just trying to kill you with killing you, yeah, not infiniting you. Does that become part of the conversation. And then I build, you know, just like a value deck, an elf deck, because we're gonna get to elf ball. You know that we're gonna.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get to elf ball. Yes, yeah, and there's better ways to do elf ball, but I would probably agree that's probably for the best because elf ball not blank, that would probably be a cool deck.
Speaker 3: Elf Ball not blink Galadriel. Yes, how do you think that that would be cool? Well?
Speaker 1: I just think would be an interesting deck because now you're using your thing for value instead of as a combo engine.
Speaker 3: Ah. Yes, and we are in what I call the the sorry, the value age of commander.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you could certainly just okay, I'll play an elf, get three, play two more elves, draw cards.
Speaker 3: Cry two cool, and that's your turn.
Speaker 1: I've had a really good turn, and then that det debt and then you come back. Okay, now I got three mans. I'm playing elfball. Do the thing again. You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: With no blink, I can't reset Galadriel's options.
Speaker 1: Right, Yes, and I think that that would be less of an agreed. Just kind of blinky, same zy comp because once you spent enough time to put the blank package in the reset package and the infinite package in the draw, your deck does one thing and it builds to every turn. And I think that the deck would become kind of tired pretty quick, think in the way that I do like doing the thing.
Speaker 3: Remember on the pre show yesterday we talked about the Morph deck that the guy took apart. The guy in the comments and my mom the Dragon what's the Dragon deck that you made, Draco Genesis deck that that you took apart. Yeah, because you did the thing and it's like, oh cool, that was fun. I got to play a bunch of cards that I really like. And I've had an elf ball deck before, and here's the thing I've done elf Ball, you go, I just want to build Galadriel. What I'm trying to do is make a deck that I don't want to take a part, that doesn't get tired, that my friends don't hate playing against. Oh right, And that's the reason I'm having this conversation. That's why it's Uncle Branda Opinion hour. What's gonna make you not get mad at this deck? Because blinking obviously is a powerful strategy within the Galadriel deck build elf ball very obviously powerful. When my commander says, draw fucking card for every ELF I play, Yeah, right, Can you imagine just giving them all flash with Alurin and casting them all for free and drawing on everybody's turn like an elf a turn on everybody's turn, I draw card every time, four cards around and then oh, here's my creator, hoof, or here's my court of calling. I guess I'll tap like fucking eight elves because I have twenty eight more. Here's my who if everybody take nine hundred damage.
Speaker 1: Therr, you're the white Crater hoof, whatever it is, because I can play that dune yeah.
Speaker 3: Or or make it into a control deck with tidespot tyrant and just tap my guys to tap your guys, and I have more guys than you there.
Speaker 1: You can use the krack And wherever you play in elf you bounce of things, You up bounce all everybody.
Speaker 3: Shit. Yeah, So what is what is the build? Do I go plus one counters? Do I do it like my suron deck and only play cards from the Lord of the Rings.
Speaker 1: We've already done that.
Speaker 3: It's a gimmick. That's a theme. I've already done it.
Speaker 1: That's a gimmick you've already done. You've already done elf.
Speaker 3: Ball, though it could be my Lord of the Rings good guy deck.
Speaker 1: The good guys are so lame.
Speaker 3: I do love a bad guy, and I know that you love a bad guy.
Speaker 1: I like villains too, but yeah, man, the Lord of the Rings specifically, I don't think the heroes were very exciting. I know that you disagree with me on that one.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think there's exciting as the fucking bad guys.
Speaker 1: But on the surface, I just don't think that they're that good, And on the cards, I don't know that they all go together that good. What about what if you found another green value creature type that you haven't done yet and then run kind of a value quasi blink strategy out of that. You could use what's something that's across green and blue and or white? My goodness, I mean, beasts comes to mind. You can do beasts or birds or you already have a bird deck.
Speaker 3: I do have a bird deck, Okay, you know what I mean? Like, maybe I've got you fucking cats would be good. I've wanted to do this for a long time, and I've made jokes about it. Maybe this is what I do. Okay, I goes to scrifall and I go in white, blue, green is the colors of my commander creature Typeline Noble. There's seventy six of those fuckers. That's maybe enough. There's Abashan Cephalid, Empress. There's two, three, four different Arwins, which fits into the theme a little bit. Sure, Beloved Princess, Black Panther, Charming Prince.
Speaker 1: He's a blink guy is he's a fine card.
Speaker 3: He goes in blink strategies, Brago. Maybe I can get a little bit of blink in there to make it, like to up the power level a little bit, because you're playing Nobles. Oh Chicken Ala King he's in there. That's card.
Speaker 1: Can't play him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Crowbac's ascended hero.
Speaker 1: With seventy six cards, you're backing yourself into a shitty corner though, dang it, right. Remember our very very first dinosaur deck on the show, We did grim Block, Remember that. Yeah, And we just did like essentially all the good dinosaurs at the time in a deck. And I feel like, now, when you're gonna do a kooky side Advisor or Noble or spy or whatever. Yeah, you're gonna have enough. Scarecrow is still one of those creature types where you're gonna have enough to do it, but it's not gonna be done.
Speaker 3: Very well like advisors. Yeah, And so what.
Speaker 1: Your deck's gonna be is like my rev deck where I'm playing essentially only creatures with shadow. But the backup to the deck that makes it.
Speaker 3: Go is better than the gimmick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is so much better than the gimmick. The gimmick barely matters anymore. And I feel like maybe you would, you'd go Nobles, but then you just build the blank deck anyway.
Speaker 3: Ah, well, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: We're to the point where you can just make it work with anything, because you've made the decks so stout you you could interchangeably, just swap creatures out and they don't even matter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can play Vanilla's at some point, and especially if you've built the deck to interact with your command zone in a way where I could still play Nobles and Galadryl and Alurin and Cloudstone Curio, all of which let me bounce when I play stuff and or cast three drops or less for free. That's what those cards do. And if I have two non artifact two drops in my hand, m M with a Lurin and a and a Cloudstone Curio in play. I know that you know this, but some people might not. I can play with a Lurin the two drop for free, and Cloudstone curio will bounce the other two drop, and then I can play it again and bounce the other one three light again, bounce the other.
Speaker 1: One, bounce and Marlin two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you just bounce and bounce and bounce and bounce them. Or I can bounce the Gladriel and replayer if I have the Mana, which I probably do, which she only costs three. She costs five okay, yeah, and she costs five though, so like the they didn't just make her cost like bant and done.
Speaker 1: So she costs blue white in the scenario you just outlined.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, solved for blue white. That's actually kind of easy. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then dudes you're putting into play, probably tap for a manut.
Speaker 3: I am going to highlight this card, this noble.
Speaker 1: One of those is a dry At Arbor. The other one's a Lotus Cobra.
Speaker 3: Right, it's over now, uh, dry at Arbor I think counts as a land drop though, hey oh yeah, yeah, yeah, that's terrible. Is there any colored zero drops that aren't cobalts because uh cloudstone Kyrio does not work on artifact.
Speaker 4: Creatures colorless or colored specifically in band. Yeah, zero drops that aren't Why cobalts are red? Yes, so them being a cold boy.
Speaker 3: I don't know if there I can't think of anything if there is, but it seems like something that we would know because we know that there's weird combos with them or whatever, like like dry at Arbor. Yes, right, you gotta highlight king, uh Suliman king Solomon, Yeah, but it's spelt weird. Oh it's not Solomon, it's Suleiman. I don't know. It's rare from Arabian Nights. It's a one one for two. So he fits into this combo we're talking about.
Speaker 1: He's a noble, okay.
Speaker 3: Tap him to destroy target gin or a freak.
Speaker 1: I'll bet you that card.
Speaker 3: I can't. I bet you that card costs. Oh fuck, I'm covering it as if.
Speaker 1: You can see Arabian Nights. Okay, it's a rare, it's a rare in Arabian nights, so it's on the reserve list. I'll bet you that card costs one hundred bucks, one.
Speaker 3: Hundred and eleven.
Speaker 1: It is for that shit, right, Yeah, yeah, And that's the kind of thing you have to do if you want to play goddamn Nobles. Spend one hundred dollars on crappy cards like that.
Speaker 3: No, no, there's seventy five more. Okay, so maybe some blink is okay, but not an egregiously redundant amount. Okay. I've done elf ball, so maybe not that.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Whatever I end up doing, what of tutors, because those are that's just like a synonym or another way of me saying I'm going to add redundancy in the desired effect that I want. Is this it's okay? And or do I limit myself to like the how the game changers in bracket system says demonic tutor is not okay but diabolic the fore mana variant is do I limit myself to say? Okay, well, I won't use any game changers. I won't use any like the green two mana repeatable like fauna shamans, even though that's an elf tutors, I'll use, you know, the foreman of one, birth, birthing pod or or shared summons is a five man of one that searches for two.
Speaker 1: What's the one that what's the one I'm thinking of in my head?
Speaker 3: Wild pair? Wild pair? Yeah, or wild pair is actually a good one. That's a good that's an enchantment you. When you play like a two to two, you search for a creature that has the same total combined power and toughness. Right, So a one to three would also search for a two to two, or a like a zero four would search for a two two.
Speaker 1: And if you've got a lord in play, it like goes up. Oh, it's pretty cool. It's a cool card. I like that one.
Speaker 3: Weird Harvest is green X ex sorcery. Each player searches for ex creatures. So if you go like green and X equals too, that's five man to search for. Everybody search for two creatures. That's wild. That's wild because you could just win with two.
Speaker 1: Well, that's gonna bite you right in the ass most of the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I play wild parent animal when I have like five counter spells to back it up. What are you gonna search for my wind cone? Counter counter counter counter, And I just drop mid full of free counter spells.
Speaker 1: They just go Alisaurras Shepherd and you go oh yeah, they proceed to pound you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So how do you feel about tutors? Like, what do you do? I know, I know there's players in our playgroup that don't play with tutors. Do you don't? I notice that you don't play with very many hard tutors.
Speaker 1: I don't play with tons of them. Uh. Just it's not a lack of availability. I just don't because I build my decks to I build decks specifically different than yours. I'm not much of a combo player. No, I'm very much more of a just I want to deploy a threat every turn until somebody dies. That's what I want to do, or everybody dies, which is basically the same as going infinite. I guess, hey, like, I'm going to attack you for three hundred right now. I didn't go in for it, yeah right, but I still killed you in one turn.
Speaker 3: There's a build, there's a build to that, and there's some projection as if we can see it coming, or as in we can see it coming like oh man, he's got that damage doubler. Or you guys, if you attacks one more time, all his things are going to get plus five, plus five, and then you do, and then it happens, we kill your guy. You top deck something with haste and do it anyways, right, and that feels more of course, that is predicated on redundancy. How could you have another haste guy right on the top of your deck. I don't know, because there's fifty as exactly, but because it's projected, and because that feels more like how magic games ought to end, I don't know. Do combos make that not a thing?
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: I think that once people know you're playing a combo deck, they can see the pieces I've deployed and a lure and okay, well we need to get rid of that right now. Yes, you know your commander would be a viable target cloudstone curio. Okay, we understand what you're doing. Let's roast that as an artifact. Everybody can kill that, you know what I mean. So I don't think that it's a matter of projection. And as far as the tutor conversation goes, I don't necessarily play a ton of them just because they're not. I have I have a cool card I want to play, So I'll just play it right instead of a tutor. But I think that if you're playing a deck that kind of is very reliant on a thing which I would gain. I'm not a combo player, but I would say combo decks typically would rely on a card like a cloudstone, curio, whatever the hell you want to talk about.
Speaker 3: There is a piece that you know.
Speaker 1: You gotta find it. And with a lot of those tutors, the ones that I like to play myself are the ones that you show people what you found.
Speaker 3: Right, this is what I got put in your graveyard?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that that's not play gamble, Yes, just search for just hang on a second, pick a card. There it is, right, the one in my bin right now. Damn it.
Speaker 3: You have to ask Mac. You have to ask macab a freakin' gamble. Being on the game Changer's list, he'll he'll write you a dissertation as to why it should not be.
Speaker 1: Well, it probably shouldn't be, but alas you have to. It's the one in the cycle. The whole cycles on. Yeah, so here we are, here we go. So I think in this particular case, I think that having a tutor or two is fine. I would suggest having five or six, you're probably overdoing it, and your deck has a gain become homad geness, not bad, not too strong, just homogeneous, And I would argue probably not the most interesting deck to play in every game. You're probably gonna go search for my cloudstone Caryo. I ever done Sea of Creatures. I can play for free with my learn which I used another tutor to find.
Speaker 3: I went. Yes, I would say if homogeneity, if homogeneity is kind of a spectrum, adding one or two tutors isn't going to move the needle very much. No, adding five or six is going to move you to the homogenized end of the spectrum. And adding ten or fifteen, like some mono black Cedh decks that are just looking for ad nauseum or razakath or whatever, those are homogenized decks. Yes, yes, five or six that could search for a few different things, or or like i'll say utility tutors, where I might search for a combo piece, but I might search for like a removal.
Speaker 1: I got to kill that laylight of the void. Yes, my deck can go so I'll find a disenchant thing. Yeah, I did that yesterday. I was stuck on lands for like eight turns. I had four lands in a small ring, and I had had a tutor. Yeah, gonna find me a land. Didn't find a land. I found a thing that would kill the stupid darkness crystal. So my deck would turn back on because lands don't mean ship when your deck don't work.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've been there. Oh, I was gonna ask you a question, Frick, tutors, going backwards in time, Tutors, what was the thing we were talking about imaginaity note before that?
Speaker 1: Uh, Nope, it's gone, Frick, it's gone. No, it doesn't remember either.
Speaker 3: He doesn't remember either. Well dam it, Yeah, well damn it. I don't know if I'm any closer to to building Galandriil.
Speaker 1: What I mean at the end of the day, what we always say around here in the nation, just build it and if everybody hates it, then redo it a little bit.
Speaker 3: I guess redo it. Yeah, I think that.
Speaker 1: If I was going to do that. Let's say you came to me and said, Brando, I need you to give me some what are the words of framework, A A bunch of things I have to do, guidelines, guidelines in order to in order to build this deck. What should I do I was, okay, you got to put some blink in there, but probably instead of having your counterspells, you put in your blank stuff so you can save your dudes.
Speaker 3: Save my dudes, redeploy my threats, maybe maybe to go along to supplement the blink guys with ETB effects.
Speaker 1: That's what the deck does. Yes, so do that because that's what your deck does. You have a couple of tutors, because game's got a fucking end. Sometimes, yes, sometimes somebody's running away with it and you gotta beat them. And if beating them means you have to win faster than them, do that.
Speaker 3: That's called magic. The gathering.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how the game is played, and some people hate that. Some people don't like that. But if somebody is absolutely running away from the game and they are just ruffle stomping the table and it's this hopeless situation.
Speaker 3: That feels like you're taking away their agency, that's why they don't like it. I'm doing my thing. I get to do my thing. Look at all the stuff I'm doing. Cool, All my guys get flying die right now? Ah Yeah, I can see how people wouldn't like it in that sort of scenario, because you're removing their agency to finish.
Speaker 1: Right, well, finish faster. Yeah, none of us around the nation have a problem with finishing faster. Okay, yeah, that's just how we do it, Orf. But just you know what I mean, Like, that's how the game works. That's how the game is. If you're gonna if I resolve this one spell all the win and it gets countered. Like, that's how the game works. That's why the game is interesting. So, like I would say, lean into minimal tutors, but some because you need them. I would have Blink because it makes the debt go. You have to have creatures with some ETB because you have some Blink and you might as well take advantage of that. And then I would pick a stout but not elf creature type in order to play with it. Then you've got synergy, you've got abilities to beat in with like dudes, you've got combo potential because if you're playing a supported creature type, there's going to be combos involved in there. Plus you have a combo engine in the command zone, and your removal and synergy suite are all built on making all of that possible and good. So that's what I would do as opposed to building a blink combo deck or the blink deck that you expect it to be, or just building an elf ball deck, but with white and blue in it. I wonder that's what I do? Oh?
Speaker 3: Is that it? Yeah? First time? Ah? I wonder if I would even need to choose a creature type. You wouldn't and hear me out, that's just what I like to do. What if because all of these creatures cost five and six and seven and eight, what if I chose a bunch of those green creatures that just literally do fucking everything.
Speaker 1: What if that was the like Questing Beast and the Elder Gargaro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the one.
Speaker 1: That's the with vigilance. It's a six six that like draws you a card and gains your life, dude.
Speaker 3: And I could put in because I'm playing blue. I could put in the what's the one they play in c e h the fucking the Kraken can't be countered? Uh?
Speaker 1: I know, the one we talked about it earlier, the one that play a spell bounce a thing. No, not that one, different one.
Speaker 3: Hell, I could put in like God Eternal Rhonas because it's got seventeen lines attacks I could put in the Green Odier. Guy. I'm just I'm just trying to go down the list and and find all of these cards that do everything.
Speaker 1: The new Questing Beast, skin Shifter, shifting, Sarah Tops, what's the what's the card that was like swag Tusk. You can just yeah, just all these crazy utility creatures that just kind of do everything everything.
Speaker 3: Rick, Oh, I'm drawn up a.
Speaker 1: Blank because your commander does everything, and now every creature in the deck does everything.
Speaker 3: And I could put in gore Claw because it would it would give me benefit for playing these big beady creatures and has eighteen lines of text on it. That seems like kind of a funny idea. I could do Tossky Bearer of Secrets because it has eighteen lines of texts and I have a Sandy Cheeks one from a SpongeBob secret. Yeah, I think that's kind of funny.
Speaker 1: That'd be kind of a ludicrous, ridiculous deck, but it'd probably again if you had that backup of we're going to do some like blink and protection and whatever with it, well we probably woul't even need blink. In a deck like that, you need more protection. But like you could just have a kind of a cool value engine deck that came out of that.
Speaker 3: That could be cool, I suppose. Yeah, and you know what having creatures is that that have that higher converted manecost. You might not want to blink those because.
Speaker 1: Well, blink and it puts them back in a bounce.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh yeah, blink and put them back is fine. But bouncing them to protect them, like you don't want to blink and put back with a wrathagod on the battlefield because like you'll get two ETBs and two ETBs yep, but a bounce back to my hand. We'll save it from the wrath of God, right and.
Speaker 1: We're a blank till end of turn.
Speaker 3: We'll save yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. So phasing, yes, and.
Speaker 1: Its phasing work real quick. Sorry for the aside.
Speaker 3: There is a galadrial showcase card in those those six card panoramas. There is a card that gives all your team phasing. Oh yeah, and I owns it. I owns it because I bought all those things because I'm a nerd.
Speaker 1: How does that work? How does phasing work? Phasing is at the end of your turn, they phase out and then during your drawstep they come back.
Speaker 3: In here. We're gonna if I don't look it up, we're gonna have all the judges and CCO nation frickin' letting us know that we're wrong.
Speaker 1: There's any of them. Because I saw a card the other day when I was building my I talked about it yesterday on the pre show The Clones Deck. I found a blue card that you pick a basic land type, but it comes into play gives all the lands of that type phasing.
Speaker 3: Okay, do ye? It came out weather light. Did you know that nineteen ninety seven? I could read the reminder text and maybe we could parse it. Okay, Okay, let's try it off the reminder text. Okay, this phases in or out before you untap during each of your untapped steps.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: While it's phased out, it's treated as it doesn't exist. Oh okay, Now phase out and the reminder text to phase out. While it's phased out, it's treated as though it doesn't exist. It phases in before its controller untaps during their next untapped step. Okay, so it's treated as though it doesn't exist.
Speaker 1: When does it go?
Speaker 3: When it's phased out? Whenever whatever phasing it resolves?
Speaker 1: When does it phase out. Like if you have a creature with phasing, when does it go Oh that's the question. If I gave all your lands phasing, when do your lands go away? Okay, they just go away at the end of your turn, and then you can't use them while I'm because I feel like phasing out all the islands would be stupid because then I can't freaking counter stuff either.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're gonna you're gonna make me do this, hey seven oh two point twenty six Jesus. Phasing.
Speaker 1: It doesn't just say what part of the turn they phase out on. Nope, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Uh. Phasing is a static ability that modifies the rules of the untapped step, not the fucking end step or whatever. Whenever you think it's gonna phase in or out. Sure, no, no, okay. During each player's untapped step, before the active player untaps permanence, all phased in permanence with phasing, that player controls phase out. There we there you go, there we got there simultaneously, all phased out permanence that had phased out under there that player's control phase in.
Speaker 1: What a night? What?
Speaker 3: Basically, you just have to you just have to know during your untapped step. Anything with phasing natively on the card phases out. Anything that's treated as though it doesn't exist during your next untaped step, phases back in because when it phased out, it had phasing.
Speaker 1: That card's going straight into my deck.
Speaker 3: If you have a spell that says target permanent phases out when yeah, when that was. When that spell resolves, you just essentially you just turn the thing face down. That's kind of how you represent phasing in game, and it's just treated as though it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Exist, you do, I just shake them onto the floor.
Speaker 3: I shake the Yeah, just sweep them off the table. Don't get to leave the battlefield trigger, you don't get an enter the battlefield of trigger doesn't actually work with Galadri. Maybe if I want to, if I want to curb the power, I just make Galadril phasing. Phasing was mostly in blue in Mirage block, and it also was in white, and I think there's a couple of greens.
Speaker 1: I feel like we might have a winner.
Speaker 3: Wait a second, you know what else is in freakin' blue? Chronotogue and Stasis and the One Ring, and we could make the deck where I don't play magic and Teft's protection I could just phase my fucking cell phone, skip all my turns. You guys play magic. I don't, thanks, Galadriel, I can't play lethal Vapors in that deck, and lethal vapors is literally zero skip your next turn. Dang what letho I.
Speaker 1: I've played against it.
Speaker 3: It's an enchantment for black black two. Whenever a creature enters about a field stry, that's what the card does, and zero destroy lethal vapors, Skip your next turn. Any player may play this ability.
Speaker 1: Oh so just played a bunch of times, Yes to skip a bunch of turns.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you try to make me stop skipping my turns, I can just, in response, skip my next turn. Oh fucking so good.
Speaker 1: And then the one guy who's just not skipping turns just.
Speaker 3: Sitting, the one guy that casts time stuff. And then I go, just kidding, I'm gonna respond to times skipping me in my turn. I'll in my turn a million times, or I'll say, hey, how many cards in your deck? Eight? I'm gonna skip my next eighty six turns.
Speaker 1: And then during one of those turns, they just go Platinum Angel and they just wait, They.
Speaker 3: Just wait for you to come back, come back, from the Coachman Licensed bevy. Right, you've gone to drink a beer thing. Yeah, I'm so smarter than you. Roll back in and he's just waiting for you. I leave.
Speaker 1: Every creature in his deck is lined up, just ready, just.
Speaker 3: Ready, and he goes. I've had fifteen turns. None of my eyes have haste or have summoning sickness. One of them have like a a.
Speaker 1: They've bought a dice block for each one for the plus one plus one counters on it. And then just you just come back and they're just ready for you.
Speaker 3: They've taken the time to flip all the dice in their dice block up to six. Yeah. I come back from the Coachman licensed beverage room. I left my wondering, my tests protection, my lethal vapors, and my Corona Dog all on the table. I get back. They just scoop them onto the floor. It's your turn. It's a turn, asshole. Shit. Well, I can't play lethal Vapors in my gladrail deck, truth, but I can play Corona Tog and that does let you skip your next turn. It does only one time, though, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Well? I mean, yeah, every time you read Live Building is that what we're doing. It looks like that's what we're doing.
Speaker 3: Uh, perfect time for the Internet to crap out.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it is you kidding me? Corona dog, Corona frog. I guess he can't out as black in it.
Speaker 3: Hey, coronal frogs card.
Speaker 1: Well, No, it's some like psychic frog or something that's basically chrona dog. But I don't think it skips your turn. Oh, it is stupid.
Speaker 3: Fine, I painted one of these one time. I went in somebody's cube. It's a it's in a dog for blue one zero. This creature gets plus three plus three until end of turn. You skip your next turn. Activate only once each turn, so I have to activate it on everybody's turn. So I have to fucking sit there. That's bullshit. You know what? You know what I would do? Tell me, okay, guys, I'm going to the Coachman licensed beverage room. On everybody's turn, I'm activating chrona TALG.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I can't do that. If I chronotog, then tefts protection because it's treated as though it doesn't exist until I untap.
Speaker 1: That's the truth.
Speaker 3: Fuck, this is bullshit. I need lethal vapors.
Speaker 1: This can't be that deck. We're back to the old what are we gonna do?
Speaker 3: No, I can still wondering and Teft's protection and then I got texture from everything life total can't change?
Speaker 1: Well, then you just playing the blink Deckie, just blink in the one ring.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, what does Corona talg tot them do? Can I do that more than once a turn? Zero? This creature gets plus three plus three until end of turn. You skip your next turn. Activate only once each turn, and only if this permanent is a creature. Oh well making a creature that's easy.
Speaker 1: I mean then you could do it twice a turn.
Speaker 3: Hey, redundancy, this is why I need tutors. Yeah, now I'm a dirty stink and combo deck again because.
Speaker 1: You could skip two turns per turn. That's eight turns.
Speaker 3: That's is eight turns enough to everybody?
Speaker 1: Mill low, No, no, exactly, you just have to do it again.
Speaker 3: I'm going to the Coachman licensed bever room. This is my rule zero.
Speaker 1: You can go to the coach and drink a beer and eight turns?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah I probably could. Oh yeah I could. New challenge unlocked. Could I go and drink a beer before it's my turn again? Like one one round?
Speaker 1: Probably?
Speaker 3: Why because the coachman's like far, I'd have to run.
Speaker 1: It's not that it's like a it's like a mall hallway away. It's like walking across the house.
Speaker 3: How big is your house? We just went over. How small your kitchen is?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know, it's not that big.
Speaker 3: No, I'd have to run because you have to order way down at the bar, which is the deepest part of the the establishment, and I'm not gonna get it right away. I'm gonna pound it. How big does a beer have to be? Why am I making this more difficult on myself? It's a regular beer. It's a regular it's a pint. Yeah, like a like a regular ass pint.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not schoony.
Speaker 3: Or should it be?
Speaker 1: No, it shouldn't be. No, it shouldn't be. To be responsible in the nation, And then I.
Speaker 3: Have to run back. Everybody plays normal turn like not not like fuck Ryan, Yeah, land.
Speaker 1: Go, why would we do that? Don't have to wait for you?
Speaker 3: Oh, good point.
Speaker 1: We've probably played bigger turns because the control guy's not here.
Speaker 3: Oh, it just sounds like a good idea. It's sounds like a good idea. I still need black in my deck for lethal vapors. It's my backup winc on, My backup wink on is skipped all my turns. Fuck, that's a good idea. That's all I got. What am I gonna build Galadil? I don't know. Is it going to be skip all my turns? Chronotogu dot deck? I think it might be. It might be what what cards do? Do people play with Chrono dog chrona toog on.
Speaker 1: Nobody plays chrona dog man.
Speaker 3: Chronotog told him is in fourteen hundred decks, you suck it.
Speaker 1: And one of them is a dog.
Speaker 3: One of them is a Taga dog. Yeah, yeah, shit. One of them is morphun which is guaranteed just in a dog deck.
Speaker 1: Which is the dogs.
Speaker 3: Yeah this is bullshit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that doesn't tell us anything. Dh reck is a great tool, but sometimes when you're getting real granular and trying to actually see where these crazy cards are going.
Speaker 3: I can't be the only dumb ass that wants to skip every turn of magic he ever played.
Speaker 1: No that you're the only one. Oh, it's you and that guy. That's whole goal of the deck is don't the game end in a draw? You guys are the same guy.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm gonna fucking ac combo that guy out before he can cast his divine intervention. I'm gonna get him.
Speaker 1: But what if the game ends in a draw?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, yeah, because I could.
Speaker 3: Because drawing isn't losing. You can't lose. The game doesn't work if.
Speaker 1: It's a draw. Yeah. What happens if somebody wins the game while you're gone?
Speaker 3: I need disenchant I need disenchant to take care of divine or is that a sorcery?
Speaker 1: It's an enchantment because that's counters that come off of it. What if somebody coalition victories while you're gone? Oh?
Speaker 3: Is is them winning the game the same as me losing the game?
Speaker 1: No? Like the card has to say your opponents can't.
Speaker 3: Oh like like I'm thinking yeah, Platinum Angel, Yeah, Platinum Angel says you can't lose and your opponents can't win.
Speaker 1: Yes, shit, it just says you can't lose. Then your opponents can still win because they win because you sure.
Speaker 3: What what cards say you can't lose? No? What cards? What cards say you win the game? Like coalition victory?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay? Is there cards that say you can't lose more?
Speaker 1: I'm sure that there are there's Mortal Kombat is another one that makes you just win. There's a green wand there's chance encounter makes it win.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Yeah, there's lots that say you just winyah, But is there any that say you can't lose? Then?
Speaker 1: Most recent ougen kind of says that, dang it.
Speaker 3: This is gonna okay. There's like Angels Grace, there's Abyssal Persecutors the opposite, there's yeah, Platinum Angel. There's a lot of cards that say can't and win and lose all on the same card. Yeah, dang it, this is harder than I thought because fucking krona Toog can only be activated once per turn. No, I'm playing a blink deck Coronatog and Emil and freaking Galadrial. I'll just blink the chronotog.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh but then I'm playing the blink deck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we're back to where right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Man, I am a piece of shit, except I'm a piece of shit who wants to go to the coachman license beverage room.
Speaker 1: But in that situation, do you get to go to the coach in the the Krona Tog tot them Kronatog situation where you skip like eight turns in one round, and then go for a beer. Yes, that is much different than you saying I can't lose and I'm gonna skip one hundred turns, so all of you guys can play as much as you want. No matter what happens, you can't win, I'll win.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That would be the same as infinite comboing everybody, and you don't get to go drink a beer, damn it. Whereas if it's non deterministic and you skip eight turns, you actually have the option nay, the adventure of leaving the game nay, doing another thing and coming back to see what's happened while you were gone.
Speaker 3: Nay, the contractual obligation, yes, to go for a beer and then come back. That's right. I think that that's what you do. Just do chronotog times two yep, or or non infinite chronotog like blink, so I can activate it like twice, so maybe get five turns. Yeah, trying chronotog. I am the non deterministic chronotog combo player.
Speaker 1: You are, yes, wow, wow, And I don't think anybody's gonna gonna be playing that fucking decade anytime soon. Excuse me, that is that exciting a That deck ain't gonna be fucking nowhere else. Only CEO do you get a deck where the goal is to just not play magic at all?
Speaker 3: What's the last truly CCO deck we did? Arkslager Combo where we're bringing our graveyard back from exile, fricking.
Speaker 1: The two cards at a time. That card was awesome. That deck was awesome.
Speaker 3: Ah frick mother ass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a hell of a deck.
Speaker 3: Come feel here hard, he can punch. Those are all the CCOs things I can think of.
Speaker 1: Well, so, now that we've talked about it for an hour, run yes, what do you think Corona to turn skip Mono blank elf ball.
Speaker 3: I don't know why I thought that was so funny, but turn skip. That's fucking funny right there.
Speaker 1: What do you think? What are you gonna do? Are the cards still in the mail?
Speaker 3: I do not have the Galadriel in my possession yet.
Speaker 1: So the card is on its way from Fusion Gaming Online dot com, where I guarantee you he used promo code stand Nation to save him sell five percent dang old percent off of all those cards did come into his house, and you know when they could be.
Speaker 3: Here, they're probably in my mailbox now because I'm checked this week.
Speaker 1: So they could be here for like next week.
Speaker 3: Uh. Yeah, they're certainly going to be here for face to face games Saskatoon.
Speaker 1: Which is at the end of August, the twenty third and the twenty fourth. Yes, it's Smittie and Ryan and Brando's who else's birthday and if you Aiden Aiden's birthday.
Speaker 3: Brad just had a birthday. It's my dad's birthday.
Speaker 1: His dad's birthday, it's five birthdays. He's not going to be there, He'll be there in spirit, Yes, pouring out for the old man.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And we've got very very reliable intel saying tamagers coming. The Swedish connection are the Swedish fish, if you will, both of which are candies. I'm just making that up.
Speaker 1: What do they call Swedish fish and sweden fish just fish? It's just fish fish on the that'll be confusing. Can you buy the candy bag and let's say fish on like I wanted fish, but it's candy. Yeah, and then you take off your pants and arm wrestle somebody. I still don't understand why they do that.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they why the wrestle with no pants. It must be pandemonium there. I'll never understand that with fish in their mouth, that's a weird one. Yeah, I don't slap each other in the face with it. Yeah, we've got significant intelligence though that Jared sink g I CONFARTI is gonna be here. And by the way, I've totally signed you up for guest appearances with all these gentlemen on CEO. You might be doing exclusive episodes with them because that would be really fun and funny and entertaining. We have some intel that Mac and maybe even Rachel might come.
Speaker 1: Oh ship, we're trying to sell We'll take her to the zoo. Yes, that sells everybody.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, we gotta we gotta sell her. We gotta sell her hard rules. Yeah yeah. Rusty trom Jones, hell yeah you come.
Speaker 1: Yep he was gonna come stream some stuff with me and Gary.
Speaker 3: Yes, Keel and Peepy the d D canna come up. We've got to Mike clown Shoes it's coming, oh man.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Lots of people coming from all over the NACHE.
Speaker 1: So you ever wanted to meet any nation members we talk about all the time. Saskatoon, the twenty third and the twenty fourth the.
Speaker 3: Place to be. That's it.
Speaker 1: Where else is the place to be? Probably right back here next week when we're going to talk about what deck Ryan has decided to build on the next exciting episode of cook Man Er Cookout Podcast.
Speaker 2: It are