Speaker 1: I made a decision, I'll pay Sunny Sun yet on I had a vision.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: What's up everybody?
Speaker 3: Welcome to a brand new year. For crying out loud, we missed you, guys. It's a brand new twenty twenty six. I hope you guys are all feeling well. I missed you, Stephanie. We haven't been in the studio for two weeks.
Speaker 2: Two whole weeks.
Speaker 1: That's a long time for us.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: We've been doing this show fifteen years now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we rarely ever miss a week or an episode.
Speaker 2: We really don't, and we we're only going to miss one week. So we pre recorded two shows with LB right, which is why you didn't get a Patreon that week. That was like a bridge too far. Yeah, but this was our first like vacation. And then one week into it, you messaged me and you're like, okay, so we end. No, girl, we have another week off, and You're like, what, it's already been like a month.
Speaker 3: It seemed like it was forever because I was in Chicago still and I was coming home the night before when we usually record on a Monday, and I was like, what, what was What's going on for tomorrow? And Stephanie's like, girl, we have another week off. I was like, oh, that's Rallelujah. I know yeah, because I was coming home late the night before from Chicago, I would have been.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, yeah. It's it feels like so much has happened. It feels like it's been a year.
Speaker 1: It has. It feels like a lot of life. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I trip, Yeah, I've not taken any trips, but the kids have been home.
Speaker 3: And I have a gift for you that you're going to open.
Speaker 2: Then I'm going to open on the error. Yes.
Speaker 1: Should we talk about that? Want me to set that up?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: So okay, there's this guy that we found years ago. His name is Robert Phelps and you can look at him on his Instagram. His his instagram is Robert pH e l P. Robert Phelp Phelps p h e l P. S Art Robert Phelps Art on Instagram. And he is this phenomenal gifted artist that paints mostly animals, people's pets. And somebody had him pay Molly for us years ago and we loved it so much, which I still have that's up in our house. And then I had him paid whenever somebody in the family's little doggie passed away, I would have him paint a little art, you know, for their dog, and it was really I liked it. It was a nice gift to give to people. And then he also painted Phil out of Nowhere, like somebody had him do Phil, and he just sort of captures your your animal's soul. It's really hard to explain unless you know your dog. Like you can look at the painting and go, oh, it's beautiful, but when you really know your pet, you see he really has this gift of capturing their soul, like their eyes.
Speaker 1: You see it in his paintings.
Speaker 3: So when people passed away, I was like, I really want him to paint a picture of people for you, because we never give each other gifts and we don't need to, but this was kind of important.
Speaker 2: I really wanted it was so sweet of you, and I'm so excited and so should I?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Should I open it? So? He so, So.
Speaker 1: I have it here wrapped.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna videotape it and we'll put it on our Facebook page, yeah, or Instagram.
Speaker 2: So he sent me a card. Dear Stephanie. It was an absolute joy painting such a beautiful girl. I hope this painting helps keep her shining with you always warm regards Robert.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, and by the way, this has been sitting in my house for a week.
Speaker 2: Okay. Oh, I like that he sent like wrapping paper, Ellie.
Speaker 1: Oh now it's oh now okay, story Bobe.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So Stephanie sent me a couple of pictures of people that I sent along time.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Look at me. And I asked for Oh my god, so exact is it? But not but not like not like paint just painting the picture right, you're so.
Speaker 1: Right, like he capt spirit, He captures it.
Speaker 2: Should I bring do you want to bring it closer?
Speaker 1: Okay? So we'll take I'll take better pictures and we'll post it.
Speaker 2: Okay. And I asked for her tags because the picture had really old tags and it wasn't the weren't the her tag that she usually wears. So I asked if it could be. So he had to go off of me, just explaining like a pit like the tags, yes, and how you wanted it and did he yes, it's perfect.
Speaker 1: Ah, oh, I love it.
Speaker 3: So you see what I mean, how he captures their soul like it just you can like just like stare at it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to put it in my office. I'm going to put it where I do my podcast. Oh nice, look at it all the time. Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: I would car and hug you, but it would break up our show. Yeah, no, it's okay, thank you. Yeah, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 2: So I love it so much.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you're doing.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Robert, yeah listening.
Speaker 1: Yes, go check him out. Robert Phelps art.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. You know who else I want to think is a my GLP lady.
Speaker 1: Ah, how's that going.
Speaker 2: I just want to say that I've kind of come full circle on the you know, I was really anxious about it and then and then I got some heat a little bit when I was like, yeah, I've been taking the GOLP and it's good. Oh. Then I was feeling a little bit like I'd taken too much. I do have to get used to it because when I first was on it, as I said, I couldn't I was like, I can't eat at all. But then I I went down in the dose and I was basically microdosing one MILLI you start at two point five, but then I was doing one. But anyway, long story short, I've adjusted out and now I'm at like almost two and a half, almost at what most people start with. And it's pretty great. And I'm going to tell you why it's the I can understand why I've heard that people like Oprah have gotten sober using it, like even though they just took it to lose weight. It does something to the sort of compulsive feeling that you want to just overeat and that you can't get full. And it's like it's not just a physical thing. It doesn't just make you feel It does also make you feel full quicker. It just changes a little bit of something in the way your brain works so that you don't feel like, oh my god, I can't get satisfied right right. It really does work in a way that I haven't felt like, I'm so much less compulsive about sugar, so.
Speaker 1: Like the sugar cratings are completely gone.
Speaker 2: Well I'm not going to say they're completely gone, that would not be true, okay, but like I originally lost some weight, but also you know how like, well you probably don't have this, this is like a me thing. But in the past, always whenever I've lost weight, even if I didn't have a lot of weight to lose. But if I had some weight to lose and then I lost some weight, a compulsive feeling would kick in. It's very all or nothing. My brain is very all or nothing. So it felt very much like, well, if I lost some weight, then now I could be.
Speaker 1: Really skinny, right, you know, Yeah, I'm going to keep going.
Speaker 2: And it's not if you're thinking like, oh, that's just anorexic. It's not that. It's more like I have to be working towards something. I've got to achieve this. I'm already I'm having control, so now I want to stay in control, and but I'm not having that this time. I'm like, Okay, I lost some weight. I fit back into my like cool, Like I'd like to keep the feeling going of not feeling like thinking about food all the time. It really does do the thing that they say reduces the food noise. And our girl, my girl Karen, who I is in our Facebook group, has been helping a lot of our fcol people wow. And she said that she will do fifteen percent off. She's not an advertiser on our show. I just a bunch of people were saying like, can I use your girl? Because some of the things that even things we advertise, which are great and I have a friend who's using one of our advertisers, but it is a little bit more pricey because you have to sometimes pay for months up front. You know, they get you in with an introductory price, but then you're going to pay more. Listen, you get for that, you do get ongoing care from doctors. But if you don't feel like you need that, yeah, and you just want the medication right, good instructions, and she sends you everything you need, it's it. Yeah, so you're just staying at that at that dose, you're not you feel like you don't need to. I've gotten a couple more vials of it, and but I have been well, no, I did go up. So I had originally gone from two to one, and then I've slowly climbed back up and now I'm back at like a little over two. Okay, But and it's doing the thing that it was doing before. Listen, some people are on like fifteen, Wow, you can go way up. She's but it's not like I'm It's not like you know Heroin right, you need a lot?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Guys know what I mean. Like you know when you're doing like, yeah, heroin and you're.
Speaker 1: Feel like you need more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I got to shoot him a lot more. Do I get the same high? God? Darn it? Well that's great.
Speaker 3: I like that that you now feeling like you can fit into your jeans and feeling better.
Speaker 2: And yeah, it doesn't stop from wearing hugely baggy sweats every day, of course not. But I can see why people like it for other compulsive things. I know people who have used it to help quit smoking, for like it can help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not suggesting that you go to GLP. I'm just saying it's it's a cool side effect.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, I've heard about that.
Speaker 3: And I amn't going to have an appointment soon with my doctor knock around for my yearly checkup.
Speaker 2: So I have one coming up, you do, yes, I wonder if we have it the same day. I feel like my knock around appointment, I can't remember.
Speaker 1: Off they may, I mean it's soon?
Speaker 2: Is it soon? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, mine's not for a while. Mine's for like a.
Speaker 2: Mine is Oh, mine's on Thursday.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no, mine's from like in a month. Oh I just made the appointment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so Thursday's actually really perfect because tomorrow I'm getting a tattoo.
Speaker 1: You are yes, and what are you getting?
Speaker 2: And where you're thinking. If you're thinking, oh, you're going to get a tattoo of Pepo, you would be incorrect not getting a tattoo of Pepo. I'm getting a tattoo. I think I said this before of the I want the outline of the state of California.
Speaker 1: That's cool on my forearm really like, oh, I'm by your wrist.
Speaker 2: Like but like here right under your risk forearm. Yeah, yeah, like above my wrist, how big? See funny thing you should say that. So when I was with Sadie, I'm going to the guy at the Honorable Society where Sadie got her big tattoo. And of course I don't know with tattoos. I feel like a lot of people are of the mind that bigger is better, but I'm not of that mind. Now. Yeah, So he showed me three drawings. He was like, I made three designs for you, and the smaller of the designs was still a little too big for me. But then say I was like, yeah, I think this, but like a little bit smaller than that. And Sadie's like, what, no, that's that's so small. And I was like, it's not that small, you know. He don't want a giant I don't want to be I don't want my arm to be like Caliver, right, just want it to be like kind of something for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get that.
Speaker 3: Somebody I know just got a tattoo of their their kids first initial on their arm, like right, kind of like on the inside of their arm, near the back of the by the elbow, on the opposite side of the elbow. Okay, just a little, just a little like initial. But it's so small it looks like dirt. Oh that's the thing.
Speaker 1: And but but it is just an initial, it's not anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, this would be a good couple inches.
Speaker 1: Yeah or what see, that's the thing you want it.
Speaker 3: You don't want it too little because then somebody's going to be like, you got something on your arm?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, but I think the design, I think the one that he drew was like three inches. It was pretty big. I I don't want like a little one where you'd have to be close to it. It is, right, but like okay, like that two inches big? Yeah, like two and a half inches me. Yeah, I don't know. That's great anyway. Doing that, John was annoyed.
Speaker 1: Because well, John doesn't have any tattoos, does he?
Speaker 2: No? No, No, he's a loss from Connecticut. He's there. The man has no he has edge in his personality and in his but he's not an edgy man. The guy's been wearing listen, he was like a gap guy. I think maybe J Crew. I got him into Lucky brand, but that was years ago, and now Lucky is like the official Dad brand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like it's not like cool, right right, No, but.
Speaker 2: He's been He wears the same jeans and the same like the same look as for like twenty something yours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a that's a dude. I had to do that, Sonny.
Speaker 3: I had to update his wardrobe for Christmas because he was wearing the same Nike sweatpants, the kind that's tight around the ankle, and Natalian and I were like, dude, that's not cool, Like you don't want to wear you know, sweat You want sweatpants that are just lay flat around the ankle, just a straight leg, not not bunches up around the ankle. Yeah, so I got him some like Alo sweatpants, not like these, right.
Speaker 2: Or like what I'm but I got a pair. I know what you're saying. I got a pair of sweats that are like just the straight leg.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the straight leg. That's what he needed. So I got him a pair of those. Somebody gave him jeans for Christmas. He has not worn jeans since he was six years old. Never You've never seen sonnywear jeans.
Speaker 2: I get it. I know they're not comfortable. Once you've been in sweats for a while, You're like, why would I want to have to buttons that have.
Speaker 1: It like I waist now?
Speaker 3: And I was like, well, they're nice that you can wear them, like if you get dressed up and you got to go out to a nice restaurant or whatever. But he's like, yeah, other than that, probably never gonna wear them. You got a pair of two Levi jeans. Yeah, he's not wearing them. So how was your Christmas?
Speaker 2: Well wait, but how was your the gift exchange? Oh?
Speaker 3: So yeah, we went to Chicago and it was so it's just Sonny and I went and it was It was interesting because Natalia went to her dad's and Sonny and I went to Chicago and the gift exchange.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was better. This year. It was good.
Speaker 3: So I got the same girl I got. I got one of the wives, my nephew's wives. She got me, so I got her.
Speaker 1: She got me.
Speaker 3: I got her like some face stuff, some like nighttime face stuff. And she got me a Bruce Springsteen T shirt that says like LA eighty four or something like that, and on the back it says Bruce.
Speaker 1: So she got me that. So it was cute. It was good. It was better than a utility.
Speaker 2: Flash like one hundred dollars though it was fifty dollars. Oh okay, yeah yeah. And then I got and then what did she buy for herself with the leftover? I'm totally kidding that's that.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that it was like a nice yeah, Bruce Springsteen.
Speaker 2: It was cute.
Speaker 3: She actually asked Suzanne like for a couple ideas, and Suzanne helped her.
Speaker 1: Oh it was cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was whatever, Like I'm not expecting, you know, walking away with a bunch of you know.
Speaker 2: Oh, but you were probably excited when you opened the eyes.
Speaker 1: Yeah I was.
Speaker 2: Is it fit? Yeah it fits?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I should have.
Speaker 2: Well it's too cold today, but it's cute, just T shirt Okay, And then did you guys, do your seafood.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, we went to Bob Chin's. We're not going there anymore. First of all, I just only started going to Chicago in the last few years since this the divorce. They have been going to Bobchin's for twenty years with their other family that they get together. There's Wendy's friends get together with their kids. They come every Christmas Eve. Wendy, remember two years ago Wendy got sick, yes from bobchin It was two years ago. Same thing happened again this year. So last year she didn't eat any shellfish. This time she ate one of those little mini crab claw leggy things she had, like one or two of them.
Speaker 1: Woke up in the morning vomiting.
Speaker 3: Diary everything I had to do the whole spread, got up early in the morning, did everything, like helped her put I you know, she laid in bed, told me where to this time. She didn't even care what platters I put them on. She's like, just do whatever you want to do. And same thing happened again. So she's alertic she is allergic. Yeah, Susanne, the same thing happened to Suzanne later in life, like all of a sudden, she can't have shellfish, Like the same thing, same symptoms, same everything comes on a couple hours after you eat it, and so she's just like I thought, she was hoping that it was maybe she ate something bad that night, right, But she stayed away from shellfish throughout the years. And now she went there again and had a little bit of shellfish. Now she's allergic to it, I think, so she can't have it. But it was pretty bad to wake up Christmas morning knowing that you got like two other families coming over with their kids showing up at like ten am with the big locks and bagels spread that needs to be put out and all the you know traditional stuff she makes, like upside down French toast casserole thing that she makes, like you know, got to put it in the oven and gotta do this, Gotta defrost the breadth, got to cut up the tomatoes and the onions for the blocks, and so it was fine, but I like had a full day of putting everything out and doing it all for her, which was which was fine, but that sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sucked for her. Yeah, it was pretty bad.
Speaker 3: But she felt better as the day went on, and then so yeah, that we did our gift exchange, but Natalia so face I told Natalia because we're two hours ahead in Chicago, and I sent her a text in the morning and I said, because I was up really early, and I said, call us when you you know, FaceTime us when you get up or whenever you know want. So she facetimed she was at her dad's before she even left her bedroom. She went in her bathroom to do her contacts, brush her teeth. She face timed us and we were right in the middle of opening gifts, and her little cousin Riley, who loves Natalia, she's like.
Speaker 1: She's like, Natalia, I wish you were here.
Speaker 3: And she was on the phone with Natalia. Natalia just bursted into tears crying. Was so sad. She's like, I miss you, guys. I wish I was there, you know. And it was so I was like, well, now you know, Nuice to be you, I I wish you but yeah, so she was like really sad. But she had Phil with her and Malibu and and that worked out nicely.
Speaker 2: And then did she get any Christmas presents over there?
Speaker 1: She got Yeah, she got a lot of Christmas presents. Okay, yeah, she was.
Speaker 3: She did pretty well for herself over at her dad's but yeah, it was it was good. We had this Uber driver on the way to the airport and so Sunday night, well you want to do an ad Firson and I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's let's talk about Hero. Listen, if you are maybe trying to be healthy for the new year, Hero can really help you. Know, fiber and protein has been getting more attention lately, and Hero bread can help you get your your fiber mm hm and your protein from your bread. And you guys have heard about some of my intentions for the new year. I don't call them resolutions, We'll just call them intentions. But like, you would never know that it's zero to five grams net carbs and high fiber from the texture because it's just like yummy, delicious bread.
Speaker 3: It's so good, it's fluffy, it's it's like it's fresh. They also have bagels you can make. We made avocado toast with our Hero bread.
Speaker 2: They which and nineteen grams of protein in a breakfast bagel.
Speaker 3: That's right. And they have cuissants, which is really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So this year, hit your goals without giving up your favorite Bready dishes. Hero Bread is offering ten percent off your order. Go to hero dot Co and use the code F col at checkout. That's f col at h eroo dot Oh okay, hero dot Co. Do it. Yeah. So let's talk about neutrophil.
Speaker 3: Nutrifol is the number one dermatology recommended hair growth supplement brand, trusted by over one and a half million people. We talk about nutrafoil a lot around here. I've been on neutrifol, I've gotten my sister in law on neutrafol. It is a hair growth supplement and you can take it with your vitamins every day and you don't have to think about it, and you get less shedding and you see improved hair growth and you can have that confidence in the new year.
Speaker 1: I was telling my niece about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And Neutrafhols hair growth supplements are peer reviewed NSF certified for sport and clinically tested to measure improvements in growth, quality and strength.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So see thicker, stronger, faster growing hair with less shedding in just three to six months with nutrifol for a limited time. Neutrafols offering our listeners ten dollars off your first month subscription and free shipping. When you go to nutrofol dot com, enter the promo code FCL. Find out why neutrafol is the best selling hair growth supplement brand at nutrifold dot com. Spelled n U t R A f O L dot com promo code FCL. That's neutrofold dot Com promo code FCL. Yeah, so excuse me, I've had this lingering cough on the way to the airport. Okay, I know that, I know you know this about me. I hate being in an uber, like I just want to say, hey, can you.
Speaker 1: Just scoot over and let me drive? It drives me.
Speaker 3: I break out in hives now, especially if we have a flight to catch. So Sonny and I were leaving to go to Chicago, you know, two days before Christmas Eve or a day before, and all I kept hearing with the rain is there's traffic. Not the lax is packed. Leave extra early. So we're set. I set up for the uber to show up at a certain time, let's say ten am, and the uber lady doesn't show up till like ten oh three. Okay, usually they get there early. This she didn't show up till ten oh three. So then I'm like, okay, so she's she got here, let's go. So we get we get our stuff. Now I know that we're we have plenty of time, but we're also we're not cutting it close, but we're not leaving us with a ton of time. So so I so I get outside and I said, my son's coming with his suitcases. First of all, she doesn't get out of the car to help with the suitcase. Fine, even though my suitcase is really heavy. Then she she does get out when Sonny comes with his bags, and she she says, is there a target that we can stop to on the way?
Speaker 2: Wait? What on the way to lax.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's dry having us to lax Is.
Speaker 2: And then also I set it up.
Speaker 3: She's three minutes late, which is kind of a big deal when you're you know, like we gotta goah and we're taking us.
Speaker 2: To a fucking flight and it's raining.
Speaker 3: And it's like in lax Is supposedly like packed right now, and is there a target we can stop to? And I was like, my stomach drop. I go why she said I have to use the restroom really bad. I was like, bitch, go in my house, like you can use my list, go go. She takes her sweet time, she doesn't have an urgency in her step. She goes into my house. She's in there for a couple minutes. I'm like, oh my god, this is a nightmare. Then we get back into the car.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: It was like I was texting Wendy, like I hope we don't miss our flight, you know, because she was driving so slow. She kept breaking when you didn't need to break. And I'm not, like, I know, I'm a like fast driver, aggressive driver.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that she likes.
Speaker 3: Soon as the highway opened up, she could have like, okay, let's pick it up to the speed limit. No, she went ten ten miles an hour under the speed limit and kept breaking for no. You know those people that break for no reason, They just keep hitting the brake, Like why are you breaking? Is this your first time driving it? I broke out in a sweat. It was one of the worst experiences ever. On the way to Lax, yeah, like, can we stop at Target? That's how my vacation started.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, crazy, like looney.
Speaker 1: Tune, looney tunes.
Speaker 3: But then I made a note of this on the way back from Chicago and we were at Chicago Sunday night. We go through security and you know, like you're they when you go into the security, they have you like they go okay, put your hands over your head and you know, hold still, don't move. The thing slides around your body and then they go okay, step out.
Speaker 1: So I did that.
Speaker 3: I don't know what happened came over me, but I put my arms down and then the lady's like, okay, step out, and I stepped out, and as I stepped out, I did the worm like that with my hands. I was like and I did a little like thing with my feet, like like did like a little robot.
Speaker 1: And the lady was like, oh hey, and she's like, wait.
Speaker 2: You gotta do it with me.
Speaker 3: And then she grabbed my hand and we did the like the wave thring like through our arms and she's like, you go with your bad self.
Speaker 2: I go, Sonny, did you just see that? Did you see that? He's like, y oh my god, so embarrassed. He's like, yeah, I saw it. Oh my god, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: I know, I don't know why, but I was like.
Speaker 2: Somebody had filmed that, it would have gone viral. I know, moment with the airport security.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 2: Like who says the airportsa has no sense of human right? I know, I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 3: I just I don't know, like I didn't expect her to participate.
Speaker 2: Not so cute. Yeah, oh my god, I was. This is going to sound totally off topic, but you're going to understand how I made the connection in my brain. But I was at the gym the other day and U humble bragg hashtag gym and there was a lady Okay, you know, you know there's a lot of like connudity in the gym, and I'll never understand. I'll never really understand why. Maybe it's my lifestyle, but why do you need to be taking off all your clothes at the gym? I know, so I got your house. Yes, I agree.
Speaker 1: I had a friend.
Speaker 3: Every time we would go we would go to the gym or whatever. She and then there was like whirlpool area like back when I was you know, when the kids were younger. She would take all of her like she'ld be all in her all glory butt naked and like get into the good nights going to the chikuzzi.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, why do you got to do like, didn't you bring a bathing suit? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I don't get it. Yeah, it's not me. I'm just I don't know.
Speaker 2: No. And it's like, you know, we don't hear a lot about nudist colonies these days, but people act like the gym is just they're walking around. But the other day somebody took it to oh oh, like a way more. I was like, wow, is this person just seeking attention or they're just very free? But they were completely naked and then they were in front of the mirror, posing and taking pictures of themselves. Oh my god, like for their fucking OnlyFans or something. Yeah, And I was like, what do you not understand that there are we're walking around like what a weird thing to do, right, And it's like that's crazy, Like I get that you're just not self conscious and you're proud of your body, but like I'm telling you, full on like posing like looking over her shoulder and herself full bush like everything. I mean, I tried not to look like I it was quick, right, and then I looked away, but then I was like, wow, what is she? I don't get it.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't get it, but I mean to each his own.
Speaker 2: I guess, I guess if you're just feeling good, you're feeling good, feeling good even in the Los Angeles. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh god, shit, that bad that you can't have yourself is a day. Right, Oh my god, we see you know that whole thing by heart.
Speaker 2: We used to, I know. So okay, I have like so many things, yeaky, all right. First of all, I had my Honka party. So this was after, this was pre Christmas, but there was a Honka party. I want to say. It was like on the twenty first at my friend's house. And remember how much I love like a white elephant gift exchange and to remember, well, I don't know if you remember, but I was going to bring back my Yiddish refrigerator magnets that I actually that I won. So I won them the last last year ago and it was horrible and I had an early number. So I picked them and then nobody would steal them from me, right, So I was like going to get revenge, right, So I wrapped those, but I tricked people because I put them in like a gift bag, like I didn't just wrap it like a little square.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was paranoid that people would not pick it. So I made it seem like really like something cool. Yes, And I put it in a bag with like really made it look nice with tissue paper. Yeah. And sadly a girl who's only like sixteen, a sixteen year old girl got it, and I was one of the perpetrators, like would get it back, you know, No, Luckily a family friend of hers. The mom felt bad for her and like stole it from her at one point. Oh yeah, but I we actually our family did kind of well because we got Lbie got some lottery tickets and then one fifteen dollars really yeah wow, and also like some giant candy bars. Oh so good for her.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then oh of course, okay, so I've been so excited about this.
Speaker 1: Party and so the whole family goes No.
Speaker 2: That's so yes, Yes, that was our intention was for everybody to go and have fun. And it's a family party. Yeah. And these are family friends, these are my closest mom friends. And Sadie and Xander were just like, okay, yeah, we'll go. And then I knew Sadie was going to try to wheesel out of it. I knew it, and she I knew she was going to try to best deal on me, like she, yeah, I have no plans, No, I'm coming. Okay. I made her shop with me, I made her wrap stuff up, you know, and I was really excited about it, right. She knew that. Witch knew I was excited. Last minute, she's like, I'm going to go. I'm going to She's like, no, she goes, I'm going to come, but I'm going to leave from there. I'm going to take a separate car and leave to go to this whatever show. I was like, okay, but you're going to be leaving. It sounds like you're leaving before the gift exchange. And she was like, well, what times the gift exchange? And I said, well, the party starts at six, so I'm sure we'll be doing the gift exchange by like seven thirty. And she was like, yeah, that's the time I'm going to leave. It's like all right, and then you know, last minute, she's like, yeah, on second thought, it's kind of out of the way, so I'm just gonna So then Xander was like, what the fuck we'll say when I'm not going? Why I go to talk to and I get hurt, right, So he's like, yeah, I'm not going to go either. I was like, whatever, whatever, but Elbie went. So Elby was coming from work, which was very close to where we were because we were out in Woodland Hills and she was working at Calbasas. And then Elby is like when she gets done with work, is like, oh, hey, my friend, that I only have one day that I can meet her, which was not true by the way. She ended up seeing her multiple other times. She was like, this is the time that I can see her, So I'm going to go have a late lunch with her as soon as my shift ends. I'm like, okay, well, what you mean by a late lunch is dinner because first, yeah, so she didn't show up. She showed up at like a quarter to eight. I got there right before the gift exchange, which with lots of texts from me going hey, are you still coming, like you're eleven yet?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but so what did you get?
Speaker 2: So I got like, I don't remember, I got a gift card. I got a Raising Caine's gift card. By the way, I don't understand the fuss about raising. I don't get it either. These kids love it. They love raisin cakes. Do a Starbucks gift card. Yeah, I got it right. They're getting some fried chicken with like hot sauce.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, I know the kids love it, kids love the raisin cane. Yeah, I just know about it because they would always want and after volleyball gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to think. I feel like so much has happened while we were on break, but it was only two weeks. Had I gone to the jazz concert at the kids No? Okay? Oh, also so my kids, man Xander burns himself out doing being involved in all the things. But they're doing SpongeBob the musical at the at the kids' school. Oh yeah, I think it's Xander. Did I tell you he got Patrick? No? Yeah, he's one of he's like one of the starring roles. Right. He kept saying, he's like, yeah, I am not gonna get I'm not going to get a big part I want to get. And it was I don't know the parts, but like mister Crabs. Yeah yeah, and he's like that part seems really kind of fun to me, and that's what I'll probably I'm hoping to get that part. And I was like, what about like a bigger role? You know and he's like, oh no, I can't even hit those notes, like they're not going to give me a bigger part. And then I was saying to Sadie, was like, yeah, Xander's going to get Patrick and I was like he didn't know, he doesn't think he is, and she's like, mom, he is, trust me on this. Wow, that's big. She's like he loves to like play it down like even though like you're going to get it, and then sure enough he did.
Speaker 1: So now they have to rehearse and that's coming.
Speaker 2: It's constant rehearsals makes my life crazy because Sadie. So, Sadie got a really small part and was like, fuck this, I'm not being in the play, which I kind of get.
Speaker 1: Yeah, He's like.
Speaker 2: I don't want to go to rehearsals every day of my life and then have to be through go through tech week to have this like no lines, oh en symbol.
Speaker 1: She was like nah, no, no bright and.
Speaker 2: So she's not in it. So Xander is to stay after school like three four times a week and she's not going to be able to drive him home. I was just gonna say, so how does he get home? You have to go back and you're gonna have to go get him. Yeah, But like I tea, I'm teaching now, I'm going into like my season, three nights a week, I'm teaching. So I'm like, John, that's.
Speaker 1: My name's Paul, that's y'all.
Speaker 2: He's like, I got it. Wow, look good for him. Yeah, I'll please to go get her. So let's see what else he is. There's right now, there's still stragglers for the college apps. There's still the private colleges they can still do applications. And I don't know he's he he's really only applied to San Diego State, which he got into, which I told you, I think, right.
Speaker 1: I don't think you told us that that he got into.
Speaker 2: Okay, So he got into SDSU, which is a great school, and I think he feels like, Okay, we're good because it's funny. Elbe did not get in there. So they do some early admissions right for kind of top students, and he got early admission and LB did not get early admission and then also got denied even the later admission. So I was really, I really have low expectations for what's EPP and with Xander, but he got into that school.
Speaker 1: So was he happy.
Speaker 2: He was very happy. He hasn't seen it yet, but yeah, he was really happy. But I think it's he already is kind of low motivation on the apps, and I think this made it even more. Like the other day, I'm like, aren't there a few more schools that you wanted to apply to? And he's like, yeah, I gotta get on that because the drop dead deadline is in like ten days, right. It seems like a few days ago, right, Wow, I haven't heard anything about it since.
Speaker 1: Really, well, maybe he's just gonna stick with San Diego.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or I don't or I don't know, but I'm trying. I'm really trying to not make it make me crazy this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've seen a difference with you.
Speaker 3: I feel like this time, I feel like you were so shell shocked from what happened with Elbie and all her applying and getting not even except it's so crazy, you know. So I feel like you've now like kind of been a little more like, all right, we'll just see where the chips.
Speaker 2: It's so incredibly disappointing when your kids, you know, work really hard. There's a lot of pressure on these kids to for their college applications. The thing is too I think a lot of people know this, but it's hard to really grasp it. Your kids can work so hard on their applications and we, you know, really drive home the importance of a great essay, and we hire these outside counselors and then you know how long they spend reading these applications, like ninety seconds, like skimmed. You know. I think they look at the grades, and if the grades are good enough, they don't I've read this in several sources. They really don't look at the extracurricular activities or any extras on the applications or even the essays until they intil a different round. So like they look at the grades, they go, okay, moving, we'll move that one on. They don't get more than like a cursory glance, right. So part of me was just like all of the power struggles and the aggravation with Elbe and then to have her be so sad, yeah, and have a shitty year at you know, Pierce, but then she got into where she wanted to go. And also I don't know, Okay, I'm feeling a little bit like Elbe is going to graduate college this year with a sociology degree. And part of me is like, Okay, it's great that she's going to be a college graduate. I just did air quotes. But like, a lot of what gets you a career in the world is who you know, how curious you are, how persistent you are, how open you are to doing a lot of things. I don't think she's feeling a little bit jaded about the whole paying for college for four years, right, yeah, for what it's just I mean, and elbe part of it is also because Elbie has been telling me just and I might talk about this on Patreon, but about how kind of burned out by school she is, Oh really yeah, just by the act of like studying and finals and midterms and like, and she's having a little bit of like, I mean, my classes are interesting, but also kind of who cares? And I was like, yeah, because you're not. There's not this immediate like, oh as soon as I graduate, I can finally be a sociologist. Right now, you're just getting an education for the sake of right having an education? Yea? Is it not going to have much to do with what she does for a living.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I do ideal.
Speaker 3: But also though doesn't she make connections and you know, there is a lot of that like yes, going to school, yes.
Speaker 2: But what does that have to do with like the subject that she's studying in college?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Right? So then you're like, okay, she She's like, don't get me wrong, I love college, but it's a she's feeling a lack of motivation. And also then once she graduates college, she's going to have to like figure out what the hell she wants to do and how to get a job, you know what I mean. It's not like you graduate UCLA and there's some like welcoming to the right committee careers. Yes, hey, you graduated UCLA. What do you want to do? Yeah, we'll figure it out for you, like right career day. Yeah, now I get it. I get it.
Speaker 3: Then what I think a lot of kids though, after college, are thinking then, now what kind of thing? Because yeah, like that doesn't mean automatically you're just going to go off into the workforce. But so it is also like is it necessary if you want to do what you want to do, Like Sunny wants to do sports broadcasting, is it necessary for him to go to college for that?
Speaker 2: You know, for me.
Speaker 3: I wanted him to live on his own, have this college experience, you know, I'd like for him to get an education graduate college. Same thing with Natalia, but both of them, like, you know, whatever they want to do, it's probably going to be using connections with between their parents and our connections. Probably probably it's what it's going to boil down to.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, you're probably right. I mean, they can work really hard, but yeah, that's partially why I think. That's partially why I'm getting a tiny bit jaded about it. And now I'm not feeling like, oh my god, Xander's got to get into a great school, because part of me is like, and and then what right, then we take out loans for four years of his education to go fuck around at school when like he so, I'm just not going to be that sad if he decides, hey, maybe I'll just do Piers for you, right or two years? And do I know I've talked about this before, but I'm just saying, like I really am feeling like, what's the point of me being like, come on, Xander, you got to do those college apps? Because like, do I really want him to go to Chapman not really expensive?
Speaker 1: And like for what same thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and even some of these programs where he would be very interested in majoring in music. I'm like, did I think I told you that? I think I told you this that I ran into when he did his big performance, which we might not have talked since then. They're a big concert, the big music show that I run the thing. Yeah, I did tell you this because I told you about giving Anna the money that everybody raised for her. Yes, yeah, But did I tell you about the music teacher with me saying that Xander got applied to Santa Cruz for the music program and his music teacher was like, h really his music teacher went to Santa Cruz and majored in music and he's an amazing musician, and he was like, let me talk to him before that. I was like, He's like, I don't know, because hey, if he wants to be a musician, he's like, he'd probably be better off gigging around here. Yeah, Like it's not a great like music scene. And also, I even though I was in the music program, I had to take like guitar stuff at the local community college because the music program it's very sort of classical. It's kind of old school. Yes, and he's like, I don't know if it's for him right right, It's like, that's okay, Well it's a good thing you talk to him. Yeah. Yeah, it's tough, I know, but they're so close to it. I mean, this year, your kids are going to be graduating high school. Your daughter's gonna be graduating college. Like, then what and we still have a podcast? Then what for our podcast? And what for our podcast? No? Same thing about life with grown kids?
Speaker 1: Don't ask him, right exactly?
Speaker 2: Speaking of that, should we say, hello, I've got so much for Friday. Okay, I have shows, do you Okay, here's some homework for you guys to do between now and Friday. Yes, I am obsessed with this TV show called I Am a Killer.
Speaker 1: I started watching it because you told me.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's so good. It's really it's everything that we like I feel like about yeh crime. Yeah, but there's kind of a twist, which we'll talk about. So watch an episode of it. It's on Netflix so you can all watch it very easily. And then we watched the Jody Hildebrand to the Jody Hildebrand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I watched the Chevy cha Stock did you see it too?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we could talk about that too. Yeah, okay, okay, so that's your homework between now and then, and okay, let's say, how do our friends that are still our friends? Christa gets strapped, Stephanie's a stinker rinker, Sandra is still not still she's still green twenty twenty six, Aaron is a dirty Sanchez She's still Yeah, you're Leslie is still still coughing like me for the City of a Monday. Kelly Brad she's your aunt. She'll take you where you need to go. Rebecca Lupin, he's so cute. Sean is so hot. Missy and Gabby.
Speaker 3: They're sweeping up after the Rose Bowl paray. They're still out there.
Speaker 2: On Friday's episode. We'll talk about New Year's too, Okay, I want to hear about your New Year's ok which, I kind of know what you did on New Year's but okay, yeah, Katerina, check it, check that Molar, Valerie, Bubba Fenwickt's at the park.
Speaker 1: Holly, we love your pancakes.
Speaker 3: Rita, she's got that bascinet that with all of Elizabeth Williamson's kids.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, she does. And Nikki call your girls, and Dick is frolicking and then a friend of the show medium dot com. I'm hoping in the new year she can. She's she's been writing some stories that are so crazy and incredible and like wow, anyway unbecoming stories on medium dot com. Our friend Kayleie Pettis is a marriage and family therapist. She's in Seattle, but she can see you virtually all across Washington State. Go to Emerald Bloom Therapy dot com and book a session with her. The Family Skeptical. That's a podcast still advertising with us. Love that, So why don't check Why don't you check them out? Any kind of non believer, even if you're a believer, Why don't you have the other happen? Yeah, it hits them out. Wilma Frida, you're in Palm Springs or Palm Desert, go eat some yummy salmon.
Speaker 1: Yam me.
Speaker 2: Oh so basic. Becky, she's our friend who does T shirts and all the stuff. She's not doing personalized design right now, but she's got tons of stuff on her website. So go to her website and pick something. Pick a design that. Okay, she has really funny.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: Okay, sure check it out. Yeah, just Basic Becky dot com. Sugar Skull It's a bakery and gift shop on the island of Kawai in Hawaii. So check them out and go to their website. Sugar Skull eight oh eight dot Square dot site or sugar skull eto eight on Instagram. Waves in Wonder Travel that's how you're gonna get to Hawaii. Mm hmm with our friend Christine B. Travel with Christine b is her Instagram. Jacob Crowley acl U. We need the A C l U big time. Check them out. Ferncandle that's Kelsey Uh. It's a great candle company. She makes delicious smell of my hands, great gift, gifty stuff Instagram at Ferncandle or Ferncandle dot and Adam Lerner Adam can get you a car. I love my ID four. I finally got the your screen. I got the you know, the screen the charger at my hub and have it for a while. So having to go to Ralph's to charge it.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. Yeah, now I have that so nice.
Speaker 2: It's even more convenient than.
Speaker 1: Ever never have to get gas again.
Speaker 2: The other day I drove through a gas station and be just to turn around and I was like, oh my gosh, they're probably looking at me like what are you doing here with an electric car? And I fell all house proud, right, yeah, all right, that's it. Thank you, everybody.
Speaker 1: Love you guys.
Speaker 2: You're a parent, now, don't f it up that a