Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: We're live on YouTube, but if you're watching YouTube right now, the AI is stuck on Daniel.
Speaker 3: Look at that handsome man. Run it up in down the hall.
Speaker 2: We're live everywhere on Facebook and Instagram. Nick Pouliochini, John Sauser's being made. Yes it is, that is and you get to see how this happens, but from behind the scenes. We just came back from the hallway having a very spirited discussion.
Speaker 3: Nick, how are you the siver?
Speaker 4: I'm amazing this is I Like, Carnicia literally just said it's been a week already. I'm like, it's Tuesday. So things are popping off here at Lateral mo Kelly.
Speaker 2: It's a good way to see that we're actually here on what we're talking about. We're passionate about what we're talking and you get to see how we are personally.
Speaker 3: Invested in what we're discussing.
Speaker 4: And that's why I think this this show is so different that way, because it really is, and especially with everything going on. If you're following us on YouTube or Instagram, Facebook, wherever you may be following along with us or the iHeartRadio app KFI on the race. You there's so much opportunity for you to be involved. But then, like Stephan just said, you also get to see how the sausage is made. So you get all those things here with later with Mokelly that you don't get with anything else.
Speaker 3: So thank you for tuning in.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's just pick Okay, Okay, we're not a what did you come here to talk about.
Speaker 3: I was like, okay, so we're gonna I'm gonna go.
Speaker 4: We'll get into it because I know we got we're a little behind, but I want to start out with it is officially summer southern California.
Speaker 3: All schools are out.
Speaker 4: You do have kids that are in summer school, but uh, there's so much happening right now. So I've got big theme parks. I've got some smaller things if you want need a place for maybe.
Speaker 3: The kids to go.
Speaker 4: But I want to start out with Universal Studios Hollywood. So last year we celebrated the sixtieth anniversary of the studio tour, and this year we're celebrating sixty years.
Speaker 3: Last year, which is wild and.
Speaker 4: So so the theme park itself is older than that.
Speaker 3: But right I should know. I should take that back. I remember the.
Speaker 4: Jaws, right, So that's at least fifty years And I was gonna say, so we're celebrating, not to steal Chris's thunder from earlier, but I'm going to talk about the fiftieth anniversary of Jaws, which has a huge way of showing itself. So last year during the sixtieth anniversary, So the Studio Tour itself has been part of Universal Studios even before Universal Studios was a theme park, and so that's why we're kind of playing that game. Somewhere in between the sixty of the Studio Tour and the fifty of Jaws is where this all comes into play. But what's specific is that last year they had all these things Jurassic Park, they had Bruce if you know, you know, but you know, Fast and the Furious, and we're waiting for the Drift attraction to be opening next year. Yes really that? Oh yeah, are you are you a passold or do you like Universal Universal? I don't have money for it, No, no, no, I totally get that. And what's funny is there are a couple of deals going on right now. So I would highly recommend Costco has some deals for you. Triple A has some deals for you. I know both of those are memberships, but there are opportunities for you to save a few bucks, so you can always check out this week. I'm a Nick or Nick Poliochini on social media and I've got all the details of the Lincoln bio there. I'm looking at the numbers. Not seeing a lot of people checking out. I'm putting all the details there for you, so if you're missing something, let me know.
Speaker 3: Hit me up in the DMS.
Speaker 4: But it is Mega Movie Summer this summer at Universal Studios, Hollywood. It started back on the thirteenth of this month and it will be going until August tenth, and it is encompassing everything you can imagine. The tagline is Lights Camera Summer. We're showing it right now on YouTube and it is amazing because they are celebrating specifically the fiftieth anniversary of Jaws, not that they're not celebrating Drastic Park. Reach is coming soon with Rebirth the Drastic World. Rebirth is has a whole thing. They've redone the attraction for Drastic World inside of Universal Studios. They have made it even more wet than it was it's a water ride. You go through the river ride and attraction with it. But Bruce is the name of the shark that they use in the studio tour. Also, there is a huge statue of it that used to be in the park. It went backstage. It was brought back out for the sixtieth anniversary of the studio Tour. It is now at Universal Plaza on the upper lot at Universal Studios for you to take a picture with. But what's even more entertaining is they've really created a whole new environment with Amity Island, which is where Jaws comes from, and you get to meet characters from the movie live and in person, interact with them.
Speaker 3: Did they dig up Robert Shaw?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I was gonna say, the person that is the person that is representing these gentlemen. They're pretty good, they're pretty they're pretty close. But yes, they're not walking cadavers. That's later with Halloween Horneite Ah got it. I will be talking about that as well. In fact, tickets are on sale for that right now. Also, to slide it in there real quick, Oogie Boogie Bash tickets go on sale on Thursday. If you know, you know that's at Disney California Adventure at the Disneyland Resort Ert Shaw.
Speaker 3: Right now, there you go. See I was gonna say, so that's one of the actors.
Speaker 4: If you're visiting it, you're following us on YouTube, mister mo Kelly, you can see one of the actors that is Bruce the Shark, and that is one of the actors from Amity Island. So that's going on. Back to the Future has a huge representation. You've got things going on with Illuminations, which is the Minions and all that kind of world from DreamWorks. There's so much happening. So that's happening. And then also you've got in six Flags Magic Mountain not too far away up in Valencia or Awesome Town on the weekends.
Speaker 3: Now through the end of the summer. I'll try to get you a date on it.
Speaker 4: But you have the DC Heroes and Villains Fest happening Fridays and Saturdays, some Sundays that'll be happening. So that's another opportunity for you to go out. Oh through July twenty six, there we go Fridays and Saturdays from five pm until close. You're able to at six Flags Magic Mountain up in Valencia to experience a whole different experience.
Speaker 3: So I know we got to go to break and come back. Yeah, let's do that later Kelly. Nick Polocchini joins us in studio.
Speaker 2: We're finding out what's up with Nick KFI AMPTIXS forty, Life everywherey iHeartRadio app and social media.
Speaker 3: The video simulcast.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 5: What's Up? What's up? Grew up?
Speaker 3: KFI? It's Later with mo Kelly.
Speaker 2: We're live everywhere on social media and the iHeartRadio app. And if you missed any of our segments in the Hallway in all of its blue humor and profanity, it will be available on the YouTube stream after the fact.
Speaker 3: It will be saved there in perpetuity.
Speaker 2: So if you missed any of that or just a video stream altogether, you'll know where to find it on YouTube at mister mo Kelly. Let's get back to Nick Pouliokeeia and find out what's up with him.
Speaker 4: So we covered La County and did Universal Mega Movie Summer that runs through August tenth and then also through the end of July.
Speaker 3: It's six Magic Mountain Valencia.
Speaker 4: You've got the Heroes and Villains Fest that runs until July twenty sixth on Fridays and Saturdays.
Speaker 3: So heading over to Orange County.
Speaker 4: And unfortunately you cannot be a part of this, but if you do happen to have signed up for it, I want to know, so be sure to slide in my DMS. That's why I'm kind of putting the word out there. The world's largest swim lesson will be taking place this Thursday at Soak City at knotts Sooak City water Park which is part of Knotsbury Farm. So this Thursday to twenty six at eight am. It will be in conjunction with other aquatic centers from around the country and they're going for a Guinness World Record, so it'll be this simultaneous swimming lesson.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's interesting.
Speaker 4: But what I do want to talk about at Notsberry Farm that you can do we're deep in the middle of summer nights as well as ghost Town Alive, so both of those are events you can kind of go day in tonight. Ghost Town Alive is an interactive daytime family fund experience.
Speaker 3: It takes you throughout the streets of Calico.
Speaker 4: So if you don't know much about Knotsberry Farm, it originally started out as a ghost town for the Knots family to be able to draw people in along the original Route sixty six.
Speaker 3: And I didn't know that it's.
Speaker 4: Wild, right, and so then they were able to do their jams and their jellies and everything the Knots family. But that's why they built the ghost town. So that's if you see the Criocket Room, if you're familiar with that or anything else. But what they do is they have an incredible immersive experience for you that happens during the day and you get to meet the citizens of Calico. You meet the mayor, you meet the Sheri, if you meet outlaws. There's a lot that goes on, and they've been doing this for a few years during the summer season and it just gets better as time has gone by.
Speaker 3: This year is really impressive.
Speaker 4: And then at night it kicks over to the summer nights, which is a whole other experience where you're able to do fun night experiences like roasting marshmallows, which is really cool. They've got some night shows, so it's a good time and so I think it's well worth it. The reason I share these with you, you know, I'm a huge fan of Disneyland, but sometimes that can be a bit cost prohibitive for folks, especially if your family is larger. So I have a good friend, there's five of them in the family. Not Sperry Farm is their theme park of choice because it's a lot easier because their highest pass and not is less than the lowest pass over at Disneyland. The highest pass is not is the low is slower in price than the lowest pass at Disneyland. So it's a great opportunity if you have a larger family. I highly encourage Nott Sperry Farm. The attractions are great. You have Camp Snoopy, which it just went through huge referms, so you get to meet Snoopy and all the other Peanuts characters, Charlie Brown, Lucy, the whole nine yards. So that's going on. Also, want to talk about something fun that's going on a little bit more educational. So a lot of times folks really want to maybe lean into the reading lists that are given by schools, something to keep the kids engaged during the summer. The Discovery Cubes, both in Los Angeles and in Orange County are great opportunities for that. This weekend is the Power of the Arts Festival at the Discovery Cube in Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: It'll be music, it'll be movement. It was created well.
Speaker 4: Create Now was found in nineteen ninety six by Jill Gurr and initially named Right Now. In ninety eight it became Create Now and anyway, all of this to say, it's a great opportunity for you through music and dance and the arts. This weekend at Discovery Cube in Los Angeles included with your general admission. It is in Silmar, so you're gonna be not too far up the five here from the studio, but it's a great opportunity for you. They also do have day camps and a lot of them have drop in so you don't necessarily need to have signed up early. So it's a great opportunity for that. But what is open now at Discovery Cube, Los Angeles through September first is a Rescue Exhibition exhibition and it's really impressive for me because you get to go into a helicopter simulator and we're talking you as an adult, or you as a child, or you can take your family with you. They have experiences of what it's like to be a firefighter, so you like do the fireman crawl on the ground everything there, they teach you how to do vertical rescue with like a rock climbing experience. They teach you how to do water rescues. All this stuff is going on and it's a great opportunity to a great time, but also to learn a little something and that's always the easiest thing. It's kind of like you can remember a song easier than you can memorize lines to something, and so that gives you that opportunity of play to really be able to enjoy the summer. Now over to Orange County Discovery Cube, which is just again off the five, but it's gonna be in Santa Ana this time. They just premiered Ocean Encounter Explore below act above, and it is about learning how to be a good steward for the oceans Orange County being ran along the coastline and that runs through September.
Speaker 3: First.
Speaker 4: It's a great opportunity occluded with general admission for you to learn so many things. They've got this massive, massive blue whale that they have installed for that event, but us a lot of hands on learning there's a sea lab to give you that whole experience of being underwater, so definitely worth checking out. And then this is cool and I wish I wasn't busy this weekend because I'd love to do this. Wild Rivers in Irvine, if you are familiar, closed for a good period of time and it just as reopened recently. The after Way Wild Rivers twenty one and over party is this weekend from five to nine pm, so Saturday, the twenty eighth, and you can get tickets. It's the first time they've had a special adults only night and you can drink, you can go on all the attractions. Tickets are only forty five dollars free parking after four thirty pm, and ride share is encouraged because parking isn't the best, but that is an opportunity for you to experience something very different, kind of you know, be a child at heart. And then my favorite experience, my favorite event that is always happening at this time is a San Diego County Fair. I do love the La County Fair, I do love the Orange County Fair which is coming up, but San Diego County Fair in Delmar is my absolute favorite. This year's theme is Summer Pectacular and that does run through fourth of July weekend, so through these sixth you can experience that they have incredible food and the thing that I love is their concert series is really impressive. It's at the Delmar Fairgrounds, which you've heard Tim Conway Junior talk about here on KFI. But it's a really cool opportunity for you to go and experience something because the Fairgrounds, unlike Orange County or LA, are literally on the beach, so you can actually take the train from Orange County. You can take the train from LA down to del Mar. They have a station and they have a shuttle that'll take you right over to the water and then you can get off the train there and be able to experience everything that the San Diego County fair has to offer. So there's a lot of stuff going on throughout the south Land. Be sure to check out all the details of the Lincoln Bio at Nick Pouli o' keino this Weekme and Nick Instagram's the easiest, but you can see TikTok, you know, the whole nine. I've got all of that stuff there for you and always always always sliding my DMS if you've got questions, I'm more than happy to help you out.
Speaker 3: Do you use Loomi in the DMS? I know I use Mando in the DMS. Lustill loom me. Thanks Stuffan. Also, we have a request. They want to know what your shirt says. Nick.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's funny. This is from Target. A good day for a good day. It's a good day for a good day. Thank you, Stefan. Look at see you're getting the move action. And if you don't know what that me, rub your mamory glands like that, sir. These are pectoral muscles.
Speaker 3: I implore you.
Speaker 4: I am not.
Speaker 3: I have raised many a child. I have not nursed any of them. I have had no Have you ever had that? Well no, because you have kids, do you ever have that experience? I know this is completely not.
Speaker 2: They were teenagers when we got married.
Speaker 4: Okay, got it, God, because I was gonna say so with my nieces specifically, uh no, nephews that are old, that were young enough. But there were many times when I would be feeding them and they would latch on, like if it was summertime and with you know, a shirt off, they'd latch.
Speaker 3: On way too much.
Speaker 4: Okay, if you if you know, you know, if you're a parent, or you have taken care of small children, and especially if you're a dad and you have done the three o'clock feeding, you know this has happened. The kids just are used to it, and they see nipple and they latch on. So we're gonna finish it. We finished things here Later.
Speaker 3: With mo Kelly. We don't leave things hanging, so to speak. But I'm KF. I am six forty.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI a M six forty