Speaker 1: This is lapsed Vinstickmahn. I am aware apparently that this lapsed fan podcast, this garage based college level mediocre at best entertainment, if you want to call it, that vehicle has been nominated for an award. Don't ask me why, but they have been. They've been nominated for the Sports Podcast Award for Best Wrestling Podcast. Now, apparently they want you, they call you, their lapsed fan solar system, to get up and vote for them. I don't know why you'd want to do this. They are quite frankly and that notwithstanding a degenerate, a fraud, a complete hallucination entertainment based podcasting, But for some reason they insist that you vote for them. Now, I personally will not. But if you feel so inclined to lower yourself to the level of human that you suggest you need to be, despite the fact that you are already at a level that is nondescribable by human existence, you can go to www. Not Sportspodcastgroup dot com, slash Sports Underscore category slash best Dash Wrestling Dash Podcasts slash hashtag. There you can determine the fate of this completely juvenile and unnoteworthy podcast and if they are as they claim to be the best podcast out there. Now you can get the fuck out of my goddamn office.
Speaker 2: It's the Lapsed Fan Wrestling Podcast with Jack and Carnaco and JP Sorrow.
Speaker 1: We've got an excited Christmas program lined up for these folks. We've been to a Little Boys this year.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's an artificial tree, so I did artificial job at trimming time.
Speaker 1: This is only exceeded by an inability to adjust hollow the outd wrangling.
Speaker 2: Here the Lapsed Fan got a price.
Speaker 1: For the million dollar Man even seven claus and.
Speaker 2: So no, say it's not so.
Speaker 3: Off.
Speaker 2: Wow, we're back. It's the TLF twenty twenty four Christmas Show and it is going down in the record books. It's the wrestling Ay three of Christmas shows.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm you know, I'm actually in a weird way. I'm actually surprised we haven't gotten more Vienna's.
Speaker 2: I know, yeah, I think we started a little too late. Maybe maybe in terms of when wettributed the sid. I mean I have a can of vienna Is in my hand right d with chicken beef and pork added in chicken broth. Oh god, sounds delicious. We have to have, Like, what the fuck do you eat that way? You put on you put on crackers and you eat it like a sandwich. That's why that comes with crackers. Oh, you're not kidding.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 2: Good question. I've just been reading about sid and what the hell Vienna sausages are.
Speaker 3: That's the ultimate, that's the ultimate rabbit hole.
Speaker 2: But you know, I was like every other WrestleMania besides WrestleMania three can be awesome, but they can never be WrestleMania three. I suspect we'll be saying that about this twenty twenty four Christmas show because we are continuing and we are blown away and we are overwhelmed here with Mama Sorrow JP as well. I'm about to open the next gift of Christmas, and I'm so glad you were. I want to open that last one, boss that works up there, and this one comes to us from the swing state of Georgia. Oh and our pal Tim Zielenbach, And I meant to ask you earlier.
Speaker 3: Are some of the gifts coming from people that you met this year because you went.
Speaker 2: To a few special Yes, yeah, yeah, sure, yep, yes, we have met several of them in person, whoa, this is quite a bit in this envelope here from Tim?
Speaker 3: What is what have we got here?
Speaker 2: I want to make sure I have everything? Yes, okay, let's start with a letter, gentlemen, co chairs. I haven't closed a pair of eleven by fourteen inch photographs I made during a July sixteenth, nineteen ninety four card at the sun City super Bowl in the Republic of South Africa.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: During the battle days of apartheid, sun City was a place where mercenaries and foreign entertainers like Frank Sinatra came to sing and collect cash.
Speaker 1: Foreign entertainers otherwise or known as wrestlers.
Speaker 2: I know that's what he's trying to say, in a so called independent homeland where the apartheid government relaxs rules on gambling and other debauchery. No word if Pat Patterson joined for My Way brother Bruce Springsteen's guitarist Stephen van Zandt crafted a protest song called Sun City, an apartheid related follow up to We Are the World And do they Know It's Christmas? For famine relief. It's a decent tune. Almost forty years later, there are parallels to the WWF receiving Sheeite loads of cash from the Saudis and sportswashing and those artists who played Sin City during white minority rule. The foreign entertainers would take the cash, no problem and look away as the nation's leaders oppressed the blacks under apartheid. Insert Vin's voice, Yes, Crown Prince, your Royal highness NBS, thank you for the gobs of cash you have given us.
Speaker 1: Ha.
Speaker 2: No, no, you can kill all your opponents and dissenters. We won't mind. Just don't serve me the koshoge fingers.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh boo.
Speaker 2: So why in the holy hell would this matter to the cast? I've been dealing with a significant health issue, which unfortunately is terminal. Oh shit, Jack and JP, you have brought many, many, greatly needed laughs as I have been playing your casts while trying to deal with my health. Your humor, as demented and glorious as it is, has been a true gift. I've been shrinking and distributing my thirty five years of photography archive and came across this image and the two prints on hand. I hope that one print will grace the walls of the Grand TLF World Headquarters and the other can be sent to a Solar System member who has any remote clue about who this guy is. I haven't closed the program from the event, which shows the roster of those slated to appear, including Steve Austin, Diesel Doink, the Red Rooster, and Lance fucking von Eric.
Speaker 3: That's bizarre.
Speaker 2: This dude in the photograph is the then South African champion Deny Britz and I shot this in the locker room after the bout in which he did put in the effort for the business. There we go brand the razor. This is the only image that I can lay my hands on from that event. The original negative from the day are not yet to be unearthed. This was part of a larger essay I did that year, which was called Exhibit in Rotterdam.
Speaker 1: Wow, geez.
Speaker 2: I don't remember much of the matches, but I do recall a shameful got Bell please exchange got Bell please?
Speaker 3: Oh hold on, you don't really hear it, Bud.
Speaker 2: Shame from Game of Thrones, right, yeah, exchange I had with this worker I believe. I said it's fake, right, and he responded, do this blood look fake to you? Fuck off?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Which, gentlemen, if you ever feel that the cast may not have value, Please know that it has often distracted me from thinking about the pain that I have been enduring. I don't want the cast I need it, and I am grateful for your artistry. Your lamentable tragedy has been the journey that I have gone back to the most. It is exceptional work. In two thousand and two, I was working at a newspaper in East Texas, an hour away from the home with the late Glen gozaque Up David and the Poet Police, and covered a tiny indie show in which Kevin von Eric made a surprise appearance. Following the entering festivities, the promoter asked if I would like him like to join him and some of the boys for a drink, and I did. Greg Valentine and one of the Nasty Boys were there, and we're on brand for their majors.
Speaker 3: Were were their sisters?
Speaker 2: There? No comment on that, and then we're on brand for their major league Assholy in Nature, thank you for your efforts. It has been therapeutic to listen to you. Signing off, I hope that the Majesty of Kamala, the Vice President Giant, will continue to provide you wisdom and the prayers of Scandar alu Akbar will please will bless both of you. Chokrun Masalam and no, no, we have no need for more salami for Mohammad Hassan, Tim and Georgia.
Speaker 3: That's wild.
Speaker 2: That's another level.
Speaker 3: That's a level. Tim.
Speaker 2: We're with you, We're with you in every sense of the word, and we can't thank you enough. This apparently is a photo taken by the gift giver of Nelson Mandela.
Speaker 3: That's wild.
Speaker 2: One for you and one for me, authored by Tim himself.
Speaker 1: Spectacular.
Speaker 2: I'm humbled, seriously truly humbled, and here is just a one of a kind item. July August September ninety four. This is the this is the the program, the program WWF wrestl Madness. It's totally it's a fraud. It's it's not them. It's one of those made up.
Speaker 3: Because like Steve Austin wasn't even in the company at that time.
Speaker 2: It's one of those made up groups that would use WWS trademarks and pretend these were the American wrestling stars. Take a look at that, boss.
Speaker 1: Look at that.
Speaker 2: And here's the photo of the bloody World Champion that he mentioned.
Speaker 1: Oh my.
Speaker 2: Correct, that's another remarkable gift. You guys are going to wait a minute, what do you see? Boss? Tell the people.
Speaker 3: So I'm okay, we have friends. What night.
Speaker 1: This is born in South Africa because uh.
Speaker 2: Italy was going through war or whatever, and so his mother and father decided they.
Speaker 3: Needed to Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they moved.
Speaker 2: To South Africa and they have three or four children. I think one has died, but they there are our age and his name, oh his son.
Speaker 3: Just got married.
Speaker 2: We was supposed to go, but I have the surgery of blah blah blah. Sure and uh Matthew Simoni.
Speaker 3: So it was all important, and it's all important and mean all these name and we knew them. Would these poor people are gonna be looked up the area?
Speaker 2: Yes, of course, just to be particular. Yeah, yeh yeah, but I would love to show him that sure, sure sometimes sure, okay, yeah, because I don't know what he knows.
Speaker 3: But that's where he grew up.
Speaker 2: Wow and yeah, wow. Name is Tim. He was a photographer. He's from South Africa and now he lives in Georgia. He's apparently South Africa, or at least he spent significant time there working as a photographer and got the opportunity to photograph Nelson Mandela, which is incredible.
Speaker 1: That's unele.
Speaker 2: Uh so what do you see in the program?
Speaker 3: Alright, there's just one. So they they have uh profiles of all the wrestlers who are on the card.
Speaker 2: Well they're wrestlers, they're just pretending to be w w F stars.
Speaker 3: Right. So we have Diesel, there's the Matador. My favorite here is the Apache Renegade, who is undefeated Native American. He is making his opponents in the WWE shiver. The Red the Red Indian is a is a highly skilled competitor, and he has surprised many of his opponents with his high flying aerial skills and his superb ring technique. Tanka a picture of this, Yeah, they use a picture of Tatanka doing a body press on Sean Michaels from WrestleMania nine. I says name suggests he belongs in a circus rather than a wrestling ring.
Speaker 2: What's the difference, right, right?
Speaker 3: A combetent wrestler hies under under the face paint, yet he still finds time to play tricks on his opponents. Definitely the w w e's most controversial star. It's as wild. This is just it's it's a this is bizarre, it's crazy. I love it.
Speaker 2: That's I mean, the personal touch and to know he's going through health problems, it just blows blows me away. It's nice to hear that. No, you know that we give some comfort. Yes, I'm because it's so it's so low, so low risk. One of our best listeners just had an Oprah heart surgery and it's just he doesn't have to put it in his ear and it just takes him away. You know, you don't have you don't even have to strain. You can close your eyes. That's the magic of it. And that's why the audio I think is worth sticking to.
Speaker 3: Agreed, But you know also I don't want to have to like you know, no present myself, you.
Speaker 2: Know, be comfortable. I mean this, this wouldn't happen. I mean, Tim, thank you. Yes, we wish you the best this Christmas and we will long cherish the gifts that you shared with us from your personal collection. These are truly amazing. And uh, your health to come back, and he didn't indicate what malady you know was terminal though indeed, thanksgiving echo that absolutely and we'll see you next Time on the t LF Christmas Show.
Speaker 1: Fans is a production of the LAPS Entertainment Group. Its content is intended for private use only.
Speaker 2: We Say hop Say we wanted songs