Speaker 1: And now your host for Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: Tim Case, Hell, Hi, everybody, Welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're well on this Tuesday night. You're Los Angeles Dodgers eighty three and fifty five on this season, first place atop the NL West. After taking to three to four from the Diamondbacks in Arizona, the Dodgers now continue their road trip a little closer to a home down the five Freeway about an hour or so depending on traffic, as they start a two game Freeway series against the Anaheim Angels. Walker Buehler on the mat of the series opener, first pitch in the Big A is coming up a little before six forty. Coming up here over the next hour on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you got a lot to get to. We're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts, get his thoughts about his team going into this interleague series. We'll preview this pitching matchup. David Vase goes what on one with Dodger third baseman Max Muncy. Shortly we'll head down to the field at the Big A and Anaheim and checking with Kirsten Watson. We got a chance for you to win sweet tickets to an upcoming Dodgers game out of Dodgers Stadium in our Zincy Sweet Live Challenge that's coming up in about thirty minutes. And in just a few minutes, we'll check in with Rick Monday and Tim Nevert out.
Speaker 3: At the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth.
Speaker 2: Well Yesterday in Arizona, the Dodgers wrapped up their four games set with the Snakes. Jack Flaherty pitch well pitched into the sixth inning five and two thirds, one run, five hits, seven strikeouts along the way. The Dodgers got the scoring started early third inning, Mookie Betts RBI single, Dodgers led one to nothing. The very mixed batter Freddy Freeman went deep.
Speaker 4: Stretched by Rodriguez and the pitch and Freddy slaps it down the left field side and deep toward the corner. This is ball carrying. It is gone into the bullpen. A two run home run Freddy Freeman and the Dodgers lead it three nothing. Cleeman with home run number twenty. That's eleven Major League seasons with twenty home runs or more for Freddy Freeman.
Speaker 2: Two run home run for Freddy, Dodgers up three to nothing. They led three to one going to the top half of the seventh Inny Win Freddy Freeman, who had it again with a sack fly Will Smith to run single.
Speaker 3: Dodgers up six to one.
Speaker 2: The Snakes would score a few in the bottom of the seventh to cut the lead in half. It was a six to three Dodger lead going to the top half of the eighth Inny when Mooki Mets delivered again.
Speaker 4: Ookie Swingsey. It's a ton of left field line.
Speaker 3: That's a fair battle.
Speaker 4: That's gonna run over the corner. Taylor touches third, He'll score. Oh Toney on the move, he's motoring home. Lookie in the second with a two out, two run doubles and the Dodgers have extended their lead.
Speaker 2: It's eight to three, two run double for Mookie. Dodgers up eight to three, and they weren't done. Freddy Freeman again. A two run home run is second in the game, twenty first of the season. Dodgers up ten to three. Tommy Edmond tacked on an RBI to give the Dodgers an eleven to three lead. The Dodgers bullpen. They give up a run in the eighth, a running the ninth.
Speaker 3: That was it.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers lead too big at that point. They go on and beat the Diamondbacks eleven to six. Jack Flerity gets the win, is eleventh of the season. He's now four and one as a starter. With the Dodgerson's coming over at the trade deadline, Dodgers now eighty three and fifty five overall in this season. They take three to four in Arizona. They win this season series, and now they've got a five game lead going into play tonight against the San Diego Padres, a six game lead now over the Arizona Diamondbacks with twenty four games to play here in the regular season, and tonight's they're in Anaheim.
Speaker 3: A show.
Speaker 2: Hey O, Tony makes his return to the Big A first pitch coming up at six forty with more. Let's head out to the Galloping Motors broadcast booth as we say hello to Rick Monday and Tim Nefferck, guys, Sam.
Speaker 4: Thanks very much. A beautiful warm evening here in Anaheim at Angels Stadium. Game one of a two game set freeway series continues as the Dodgers take on the Jewels Dodgers start the ball game tonight with the best record in Major League Baseball eighty three and fifty five, five games up on the Padres six on Arizona, and this series couldn't be played against two very different teams, the Angels in last place in the American League West fifty seven and eighty in. A win tonight for the Dodgers would guarantee nine straight losing seasons for the Angels. On the Hill, Walker Buller, he's won in four for the Dodgers, and Reed Detmers called up from Triple A to make the start tonight, three and six in a six one four ERA for the Angels, and coming off of the series in Arizona, MO, this team has to be feeling pretty good about things, considering they've won eleven of the last twelve against the Angels and after taking three of four against one of the hottest teams in baseball Arizona.
Speaker 5: Again, they're in a pretty good place.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they are, and feel good about themselves, but there's no rest for the weary I thought. Dave Roberts summed it up best. In winning three out of four, he says, here's the quote. We took care of business in Arizona. So that was the quote itself. We kept saying it was kind of a weird series. Okay, Dodgers went three out of four, although they were outscored by the Arizona Diamondbacks. Not only outscored, but they were out hit with runners in scoring position. But the Dodgers came up with dig gits when they had to have them. The other part two that really helps. We talk about a tired bullpen, or at least a heavily used bullpen. This Dodger balklub you know, on the road this year, the Dodgers bullpen third lowest ERA in Major League Baseball, trailing only Cleveland, who the Dodgers will see beginning over the weekend at Dodgers Stadium, and then the Milwaukee Brewers, I mean the road for the year. Three point two to three er, that's just excellent.
Speaker 4: Sho Hey Otani makes his return to Angels Stadium for the second time. He was here in March for the exhibition games in the Freeway Series, so he's been here before and played in front of the crowd, but not during the regular season. He'll do that tonight. Otani has ninety nine homes in his career in this stadium, looking for number one hundred. That's just another thing.
Speaker 5: He'll have to check off.
Speaker 4: Because he still continues his quest for fifty to fifty forty six stolen bases. He could get fifty in this series, but he'll probably have to wait a little while to get fifty home runs.
Speaker 5: He's at forty four.
Speaker 6: Well Tonney was asked about coming back to Anaheim, and he was very honest and I think heartfelt when he said this has been a very special place, not only in his major league career, in his life and obviously we're going to find the fan reaction tonight. It's I think an amazing story to begin with. But with all the accolades and the awards that he had while wearing the Angels uniform, now comes in as the visiting team and all the while chasing the record.
Speaker 4: Offensively, he has homered in each of the first two games against the Angels at Dodgers Stadium. Mookie Betts has homered three times in two games against the Angels. Anthony Rendon in the lineup for the Angels. Dodgers haven't he's seen him in a while.
Speaker 6: Well, Angels haven't seen him in a while either. I started to do some numbers with Rendon. He's five years with the Angels. You know, he's played in only thirty one percent of the games that they had played. They have played while he's been here eight hundred and ten games. He has been in two hundred and fifty three.
Speaker 4: Two more years left on that contract. So we'll see what happens after that. But we'll see what happens here tonight as we count you down to the first pitch, the Dodgers and the Angels. Dodgers trail the all time series seventy two to seventy four, hoping to even it up by the time they leave here tomorrow night. But game one of a two game set on the way.
Speaker 2: Tim All right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza Chicken Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We'll check in with David Vasse.
Speaker 3: Throughout the hour.
Speaker 2: He'll go one on one with Max Moncie we'll dive deeper into this pitchy match up. We got your chance to play the Zenschet Sweet Life Challenge that's coming up up next year. Otani rewind Animal visit with Kirsten Watson live on the field at the Big A and Anaheim As we're leading up to Dodgers and Angels on this Tuesday night.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Is Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Todgers on deck, y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Angels on this Tuesday night start of a two game interleague Freeways series. Walker viewer Redettmer's the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up in six forty.
Speaker 1: This is the Rewy pitch swung on pelta the right.
Speaker 4: That's the base hit a single for Otani. Want old pitch swung on in its rope to right. That's another base hit. And Otani's at first base with one man out and he's going for third pitches in the dirties.
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 4: That's stolen base number forty six? Olright, how do you don't like that?
Speaker 3: Show?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 2: Otani Yesterday goes two for four, two walks, three stolen bases. Show Hey O'tani now forty six stolen bases on this season, forty four home runs as the chase of fifty to fifty continues as he makes his return tonight to the Big A in Anaheim after six years in an Angel's uniform, his first time back in the regular season To Night Otani rewind brought to you by eto Inzoocha, Japan's number one Green Tea and the Tea that Showeotani Loves and drinks available at local diso stores, Amazon and eto In dot Com.
Speaker 3: That's it t O e n dot Com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey Kirson now joins us live from the field at the Big A Inn Anaheim, Dodgers and Angels, the Freeways series and Kirston It's a Big night as show Hey Otani returns to the OCE.
Speaker 7: It really is this coin.
Speaker 8: This is one of those things where I think a lot of people have had this game this date circled on their calendar. Manshoho Kanie returns back to Anaheim to play the Angels, the team where he started his career, played the first six years of his big week career here and obviously had a lot of success here, multiple al MVPs. You know, he is someone who he put on a performance for these fans here in Anaheim. And just because we like to talk about it with the Dodgers, you know, we're witnessing history every day. Well if they were witnessing that for the last six years. So this is definitely going to be a special return for him. With talking to him last night after the game, he was saying, you know, the biggest thing for him is seeing familiar faces. You know a lot of guys who he stayed in touch with, and he kept his eye on a lot of the younger guys kind of just seeing the success that they've been having and stuff. So it and it's the people all around this organization in the stadium and getting to see them. I mean, think about how many times you're going to the stadium and how often, so just to see everyone allse familiar if that's what's been the most special so we do suspect is going to be huge ovation for him. It's still gonna the Angels are going to be playing a video right ahead and his first at bat, so lucky for us, that's the first pitch of the game. So it should be something really special to be a part of. And just to see how show he takes it in.
Speaker 7: I don't know if he's going to be emotional. I don't really get that five from him, but it will be really special to see how he's recognized and how he is honored for the work that he did with this organization, both on and off the field.
Speaker 2: Douk Kirrison is brought to by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donated today, Your car could be picked up tomorrow donat now at Cars for Kids dot org. That's Cars with the K Walker bule against the start another big outing for Walker.
Speaker 8: It is, and it's a really big one because it's officially September and moving forward each start for these guys and hearing them up for October for getting that roster spot for the postseason roster, and so considering all the injuries of the rotation he has. Yoshinobia Moto is on his rehab assignments this evening and hopefully he should be returning too. But you've got Clayton Kershaw who's on the il dealing with his big toe. Then you have Tyler Glass now who is stretching out and working his way back, but he's going to take some time. And as much as everyone's really a whole pool that those guys are going to return, there's really no guarantee. And so this start for Walker.
Speaker 7: Wheeler, this is a big one.
Speaker 8: He's coming off of a really strong one, probably the best of the season thus far, and so if he can continue to build off of that, he's going to put himself in a good spot. Because Dave Roberts was saying, you know, moving forward for him as well as Bobby Miller, not only is it really about just salvashing their season to end on a high note, but also putting themselves in a position where they're competing and they are earning a roster spot come October, because that's what it's going to be about, and how are you preparing yourself for that? So this is going to be a big one for Walker. He's got to start today, and then Bobby Miller, Dave Roberts has to say that he's going to have to start tomorrow. So it's it's important to me. It continues to be important series, especially for starting pitching.
Speaker 3: No doubt about.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a fun night tonight, Kristen, We appreciate it still to come here. I'm Maronggo Casino. Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vese goes one on one with Max Monci. Next, so your injury report and we'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Angels a Freeway series. Shamanaheim. I'm Tim katesus Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunters on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues Marongo Casino Resort and Spa a grand slam for good times leading up to Dodgers and Angels on this Tuesday night.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at six forty.
Speaker 1: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 2: Report, present of my UCLA Healthy official medical partner, the Los Angeles Dodgers. Clayton Kershaw on the I yell at this swelling in his left big toe. Joe Kelly on the iel with the right shoulder inflammation Freddie Frieman playing his way through that fractured middle finger on his throwing hand. Tyler Glasnow on the iel at the right elbow tendonitis, brusdar Grattarol on the iel at the right hamstring strain. Yoshinoba Yamamoto on the iel with the strained rotator. Coffee's in Oklahoma City right now, actually pitching first sitting. He's given up a couple of runs already in a minor league rehab assignm All right, let's head back out to the Big A and Anaheim and check in with the Dodger skipper anything Dave.
Speaker 3: Questions for Dave?
Speaker 9: Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 5: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 10: Well, fortunately, the exciting thing is that the season isn't over yet. But I think just the context of you know, what he's done, It's never been done before, and so I think that in itself is pretty overwhelming, and just the sheer passion he plays with the game every day, given the responsibilities that he has ha as being essentially the face of Major League Baseball.
Speaker 11: Closure is something he needs, Like You've had a lot of guys that go back to their old places.
Speaker 2: Has the transition been easier for him than maybe others from what you've been able to tell, Like, what do you think.
Speaker 9: It's been pretty seamless?
Speaker 10: And I say closure because I think that it's more for the fans. I think show Hey as certainly rightfully has moved on. He does a great job, like I've talked about, of separating, you know, real life from from work. But I think this moment is something that people have looked forward to. They've marked it on their calendars. And so again, it'll be good love.
Speaker 3: This transition to be so sealless just to being a Dodger.
Speaker 9: It's just how he's wired.
Speaker 10: I think that some people are pretty emotional about things and some people are just very kind of unemotional. I think he's just he's just simplistic.
Speaker 9: In that sense.
Speaker 10: You know, it's it's a part of his past and a significant part of his life. But I don't think that is something that he continues to think through.
Speaker 9: I think he's more of a forward thinking person.
Speaker 2: All Right, there's Dave Robbers down the deck out talking about show Yo Tani's return to Anaheim. Brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts is a Titan in his own right, and he's got a plan before his team hits the field. You need one for your drawing contracting business, too. Let Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more of Service Titan dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we got your Zinchy Sweet Life challenge that's still to come. We'll check back him with Rick Monday, but up next we'll visit with David vas saying, gets to all the latest for the Big A and Anaheim. As we lead you up to Dodgers and Angels. First pitch is six point forty. I'm Tim Kass, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is MA Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all Season. It's the Dodgers and the Angels. Walker Wheeler Redetver's the pitching matchup. First pitch him coming up at six forty the I'm Prian Creuw for tonight's game. Brought to by Fred Loya Insurance, celebrating fifty years of providing reliable and affoordable car insurance for you and your family. Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 12: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: And DV now joins us from the Big A where it's a virtual who's who you got rookies of the year walking around on the field for both the Dodgers and the Angels.
Speaker 5: DV.
Speaker 2: But let's go back to the series in Arizona for the Dodgers. They take three or four from the Snakes. What a series for Freddie Freeman and that finger.
Speaker 12: It really was tim Remember before he took those three days off last week against the Orioles, he was just three for twenty three with two doubles since fracturing his right middle finger. He got the day off on Monday and then missed the Orioles series to reset for that Big four game showdown, and boy did it payoff dividends, not only physically but mentally, and it showed. He was six for ten with four home runs and ten RBIs. Compound that with what happened in the NLDS last year where Arizona swept the Dodgers and Freddy Freeman only had one hit. That certainly must have felt good for him. But after the game last night, he wasn't doing cartwheels over what he did or what the team did, because he said there was still a long way to go. And that's the way most of these Dodgers feel if they come in here and lay an egg or let down against the Angels. Everything they did and Arizona was for not. So don't look for the Dodgers to take a victory lap this early in September.
Speaker 2: David has driven by Ford and there's one thing we like his choices. Find yours with the F one fifty gas hybrid all electric tough this mark can only be called F one fifty.
Speaker 3: It's the return of Show Hey.
Speaker 2: Otani during the regular season, made it stop there in the preseason exhibition Freeway Series, but they expected a big applause, a big welcome back for show Hey tonight.
Speaker 3: Davy.
Speaker 12: Well, as you know Tim. There was a lot of talk today because of a report in The Athletic that the Angels were not planning to show a video tribute to Otani tonight like they did when the Dodgers were here for the Freeway Series. But we understand the Angels are planning on doing some sort of video message to Otani when he comes up for his first at bats so it's not like the Angels are completely ignoring O'tani and what he did for this franchise for the last six years. But it's somewhat bizarre being around the Dodgers today in Anaheim.
Speaker 9: You would think that.
Speaker 12: Otani played on the East Coast and this is the first time he's coming back to the West coast. The way the questions were coming and the attention that he was getting out here. The same people that are here today in Anaheim have been at Dodge Stadium all season long covering Otani and the Dodgers. It's only what fifty miles from here to Dodgers Stadium, so it's somewhat bizarre that they're acting like this guy has come from hundreds of miles.
Speaker 5: Away to play here.
Speaker 12: He plays every night at Dodgers Stadium, right up the freeway. If you want to see him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no doubt appreciated daim You think Anaheim was Mars, and you know, millions of miles away appreciated Dodger fans and hans. You're listening and experience to Dodger games by downloading the iHeartRadio app. Been listening to games and HD to all powered by the Lacare Health Plan serving all Angelinos Lacare dot Org. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll hear from Max Munsey. We'll dive deep, deep into this pitchet matchup. We got your Sweet Life Challenge coming up as well, so we'll be ready to call in. But up next to you Dodgers Magical Moment Dodgers Angels first pitch a little before six forty. I'm sim Kass, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Guys, we were saying, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Angels on this Tuesday night started the Freeway Series. Walker Rueler on the mound, first pitching. The big as set for six forty.
Speaker 3: Not allame without a hot Dog.
Speaker 12: Who wants to go?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Haffy Magical Moment Ditch Magical Magical presented by Hawfy Hot Tips.
Speaker 2: We go back to August second, twenty fifteen, Dodgers taking on the Angels. The game went to extra innings tenth inning, Dodgers tied with the Angels until Andre Eighthier walked them.
Speaker 13: Off one to one. Fly ball right field. Well hit, it is back, and it is call the home run. Andrea Eighthier with a walk off home run, his seventh of his career, his fourteenth walk off hit, and the Dodgers beat the Angels.
Speaker 3: Today five to three. On Andre eighth your Sunday.
Speaker 4: Oh what a shot it was into the.
Speaker 2: Angel full beam, walk off home run for Andre Ethieer on that Sunday afternoon, that one of the tenth inning Dodgers beat the Halos five to three. This Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Hafey hot Dogs, a Sokal treasurer for over one hundred years of Visit hoffeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase craple isshes Haffey hot Dogs. All right, who wants to live the sweet life at a Dodger game? Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy I need three contestants right now to play the Zenchi Sweet Life Challenge. All you do is tell me which player will be the fresh player of the game, and if you're correct, you're gonna get two sweet tickets to a Dodger game. Hang out in the am FI seventy LA Sports Sweets. Yeah, it's the Zench Sweet Life Challenge eight sixty six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy three callers right now lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Angels. We'll get to the challenge next and we'll hear from Rick Monday as well to lead job the first pitch in the big A. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Loronzo Casino, Dodgers on Todgers on deck y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Angels on this Tuesday night Walker Veeler redtvers of Pitchy MATCHA. We'll dive deeper into that numbers coming up in just a little bit. First pitch set for six forty.
Speaker 1: This is the Zenchi Sweet Light Challenge. One lucky winner and a guest get to watch the Dodgers from the Zenchy Sweet All made possible by Zenchi Sushi, Fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 3: Nothing fresher than Zenchi Sushi.
Speaker 2: You tell us who the fresh player of the game is going to be in Tonight's Dodgers Angels game, and if you're correct, you're gonna win two tickets. To an upcoming game at the Dodgers Suite. All right, we'll start off with Howard. Howard, you are first contestant. What is your guest? Which player is gonna be the fresh one tonight?
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say Gavin in the eighth All.
Speaker 2: Right, Gavin Lux, it is appreciate it. Hang on, Howard. Dan is our second test contestant, Dan, I just need the player. What player is going to be the fresh player of.
Speaker 3: The game tonight?
Speaker 2: Mookie bets, Mookie bets. All right, good luck to you, Dan. Our third and file contestant is Fernando. Fernando, welcome, Which players give you the freshest one in tonight's game against the Dodgers and Angels.
Speaker 9: To Oscar Hernandi?
Speaker 2: Hey, Oscar Hernandez. All right, good luck to you. Fernando, Dan and Howard are three contestants. We'll do it again tomorrow. It's the Zenchi Sweet Live Challenge coming up here on Dodgers on Deck your chance to win tickets to the NFI seventy la Sports Sweet presented by zen She handcrafted sushi made fresh daily on site. Pickup delicious sushi before the game. Find Zenchy Sushi at your local supermarket near the deli counter. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup.
Speaker 1: But first and now joined by David Bass saying, here's la Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 12: It showtime and Anaheim It's always showed time when Rick Monday is broadcasting games show. Heyotani back at Angel Stadium for a regular season game, Rick.
Speaker 6: Well, you must have been caught in traffic for a long long time trying to figure out, Okay, how am I going to open this segment?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's where I came up with her.
Speaker 5: You don't run into much traffic.
Speaker 12: I'll try to do better tomorrow, Rick, But it is exciting whenever the Dodgers and Angels play, and even more exciting that Otani is coming back here for the first time in a regular season game.
Speaker 6: I could not agree with you more. This is something and for show. Heyo Tani, he goes. You know, this is a special place for him. I mean, obviously with all the years that he've played here in Anaheim well received. Obviously, he did exceptionally well as a player, both as a hitter and as a pitcher. It's always nice to see really good players come back to where they started their career and see the reaction of the people because he was much appreciated, and I'm certain it'll be that same way tonight.
Speaker 9: Rick.
Speaker 12: I'm not sure how you feel after all these years of interleague play, but I'm somewhat numb to it. But when the Dodgers and Angels play, I'm glad it's still here.
Speaker 6: Still here, because it used to be only the Freeway Series, you know, preseason, and now it's different.
Speaker 5: There's no question about that. Yeah, you may be numb to it.
Speaker 6: A little bit, but I think there's still some you know, some looking that needs to be done. It still seems to me strange to only visit teams within your own division twice during any one season. That to me is just really still odd.
Speaker 12: Right especially when you're still in division play. There may be changes down the road, but right now it's the division.
Speaker 6: And especially with division play now Arizona and San Diego they have numerous games played against one another. But if you're one of those teams is trying to play ketchup and you don't have games scheduled against not only your own division, but your own league, of which the Dodgers are going to face that. I mean, here they are in American League. They'll go back home and Cleveland is going to be there on.
Speaker 5: Top of it.
Speaker 6: So yeah, that makes it difficult if you're trying to play catchup or maybe even if you're trying to delink in your lead.
Speaker 12: Rick being down in the Dodger clubhouse after last night's game, there wasn't as much enthusiasm that you may think after winning three out of four and creating that much separation in the division race. How do you take inventory of where the Dodgers are at today compared to where they were going into Arizona.
Speaker 6: I think that they understand that even though they give up a lot of runs. In fact, that's some people'll talk about during the ballgame. They give up a lot of runs in that series, did not hit particularly well with runners in scoring position as far as an overall average, but they came up with key hits when they needed to have them and cashed in big time. Dave Roberts, I think put it into perspective when he said, and here was the quote, ask about the series in Arizona, says he took care of business, and I think after the completion of yesterday's ballgame, it was kind of a businesslike departure from Arizona to come back to la and begin this freeway series.
Speaker 12: We mentioned Otani coming back to Anaheim. He's chasing history in some ways, going fifty to fifty. But I know Dave Roberts and the team was pleasantly not surprised, but obviously took note of him having unselfish at bats to help the team win in that.
Speaker 6: Series, and that's the way that he's geared. He wants to win. I think that was one of the big attractions. Obviously the contract was a big, big, big attraction coming to the Dodgers, but I think with the possibility of winning, I mean, and not to throw you know, sand, but you know, if the Angels lose tonight, that will guarantee nine consecutive losing seasons. And for Sho Heeyo Otani, who really is the epitome of focused and concentration of doing the best that he can, I think that's the other given as to the reason he came to the Dodgers with the opportunity to win, because that's what he wants to do and he wants to make his team better whatever he needs to fit into doing.
Speaker 5: Alluding back to your comment.
Speaker 12: Rick, thanks a lot. We'll check back in with you and Tim Nevertt a little bit later.
Speaker 5: Good to see you, David.
Speaker 12: Great to see you too. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Tim, all right, thanks a lot.
Speaker 2: Guys, Dodger fans, start your future to California Community College. Financial aids to available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Class is going to fill out quickly, so en roll today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 3: Still to come.
Speaker 2: Here on Dodgers on Deck you can get your preview of this pitching matchup Rick. We'll be back when Timmy gets to the Keys to the game.
Speaker 3: But I'm next. We go high and tight with Max Muncy.
Speaker 2: It leads up to Dodgers and Angels on this Tuesday night. I'm Tim kass Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Wrongo Cassino Dodgers Hunts on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Angels. Walker reviewer Redever's a pitching match up. First pitch coming up A little before six forty. Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital Los Angeles. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital LA rank number one in California for pediatric care.
Speaker 3: Find the right doctor at la dot org.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment is high end tut.
Speaker 12: It's hot and steamy out here at angel Stadium, but Max Munsey's bat has been even hotter since his return from the injured list, and the great Funky Munsey joins us here in the Dodger dugout. Thanks a lot for the time you hear the ooze and as everybody stops when they hear us talking to Max Munsey, no I think, uh.
Speaker 11: I think it's more so they're just hearing your loud voice. I go throughout this empty stadium right now. You know you do a good job of protecting your voice, even though no one really wants to hear it.
Speaker 12: Mounsey, You see that guy down the bench, that's Connor McGinnis, the best kept secret in baseball. He tries to talk like he's a surfer, even though he's from Virginia Beach.
Speaker 3: How do you put that together?
Speaker 11: Well, I mean the biggest, probably the biggest surfer on the team is Chris Taylor and he's from Virginia Beach as well.
Speaker 5: So you know, it's a you know, I.
Speaker 11: Guess it's just you get out to the West Coast and you just want to learn how to surf.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I guess, so, just trying to fit in a lot of sharks out there in Virginia Beach and a lot of sharks in our capital where Connor McGinnis is from. Sure, sure, I'm not sure where you're trying to go with that one, but sure, let's talk baseball maximunths. So you guys are coming off a big series in the Arizona. I feel like I'm more excited about it than you guys are.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know, obviously it was a huge, a huge series. No one's trying to take anything away from that. But something that we continue to preach and continue to focus on is it doesn't.
Speaker 5: Matter who the opponent is.
Speaker 11: We got to go out there and play our game, and that that's no different tonight. You know, we we did have a big series and now we have a two game set against Angels, and you know, they haven't been playing great. But at the same time, we can't worry about the opponent. We have to go out there and worry about our game. And if we go out there and focus on what we we need to do, then we feel good about ourselves against any opponent that's out there. It doesn't matter, you know what name they got across their chests.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's a great point. If you come out here and fall short against the Angels, all that work in the desert was for not.
Speaker 11: Exactly, and you know, just every single day you have to go out and prepare and play that game to win that day, and you can't worry about what you got coming up ahead or what you've already done. You know, all we all we can focus on is what we're going to do tonight for nine innings and that's hopefully come out with the W.
Speaker 12: I love talking to players on this team that have been here for a while and understand the identity of what it takes to win. Do you feel like this team, this offense is starting to resemble what you guys have had in prior years.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know, and for the you know, better part of this entire year, we haven't had our full healthy lineup, and you know, to that extent, we're still not entirely fully healthy.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 11: I'm still dealing with my my rib thing. Freddie's got a broken finger. You know, guys are still trying to figure out where they are. But we're we're slowly getting back to having a full and and deep lineup. You know, Luxy coming around and being who who Luxy is? That helps us out tremendously. And you know, we all knew he was going to get there eventually. It's just when you miss that amount of time from baseball, it's it's tough to come back and and and especially when you're a young player trying to figure out who you are, it's tough to come back and and be the guy you need to be. And he's finally starting to learn that, and he's he's been extremely fun to watch, you know, these these last couple.
Speaker 12: Of months, and it feels like with all you guys coming back, playing times are being adjusted, and rightfully so. But it feels like the guys that filled in are understanding their.
Speaker 11: Roles with all of you guys back, Look, everyone here wants to win.
Speaker 5: That's why we're all here.
Speaker 11: That's why the guys that were free agents that came here decided to sign here. They want to win. And you know, you can't complain about anything when when you signed up for this, and that's uh, you know, everyone in this clubhouse understands that, myself included. You know, I know I'm getting a chance to play against the lefty tonight, but uh, you know, for the most part, we have guys that hit left he's very well and that might mean I'm missing out on some playing time because there's a left hander on the mountain and I'm okay with that as long as it puts us in the best chance to win.
Speaker 5: Do.
Speaker 11: I want to be out there one hundred percent, but I'm not going to throw a fit and cause a scene and and you know, make it a toxic environment. And that's something that this whole clubhouse has done extremely well with that. Everyone in here wants to go out there, and everyone also knows at any given moment your name can get called on to making it to make a difference in the game, whether you started or not. And you know, so everyone everyone's bought into that.
Speaker 12: Love it, moncie. I'm a nostalgic guy. So talking to the og Dodgers really makes me happy. Thanks a lot for the time, and obviously La is very happy. Max Mountsey's back, Thanks David, appreciate it. There he is the man, Max Mounsey. He's at third base tonight. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lot.
Speaker 2: DV Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game night, it's a group night at shakys dot com. Lead you up to first pitch. Dodgers and Angels coming up. We'll type deeper to this pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Katson.
Speaker 2: This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck on your.
Speaker 13: Home for the Blue.
Speaker 2: All season long, Dodgers and Angels on this Tuesday, ninth start of the two game Freeway series with the Big A and Anahei. First pitch, wet'll be four six forty.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Present about your Southern California Toyota Dealers turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into reality in an all new twenty twenty four Tacoma See or Dealer Today, they make it easy read det meers three and six six fourteen ERA been up and down since Triple A this year, having a rocky season, making his twelve start just recalled on September one, pitched six and six of the five to fifty four ERA and fourteen starts in Triple A Salt Lake City against the Dodgers, oh and three with a seven to fifty eight ERA twenty three striker in four career starts against them. His last home star against the Dodgers was June of last year. If it's seven scoreless innings against the Dodgers. Walker Bueler on the mound for the Blue one in four five eighty eight ERA thirty year old right hander making his twelve start last time out better four and two thirty four runs, only to earn five hits four strikeouts in a no decision against the Orioles. Dodgers fans and hansher listening and experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by our friends at Lacare Health Plan serving all Angelinos Lacare dot Org. Dodgers Angels. We are fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game. Our next, I'm Tim Kas's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, it's Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Angels.
Speaker 2: Walker Buehler Readdetmer's The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by our friends a Speedy Cash official sponsor LA Weekend. Find out more at Speedycash dot com or stopping in La Area sped Cash Store.
Speaker 3: All right for first pitch, let's head back out to the booth Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Tim never guys, Tam, thanks again. We'll get you ready for this one at angel Stadium. Beautiful night for a ballgame here, great crowd expected as the Dodgers and Walker Bueller to the mound. One in four on the season. He has done much better at home in his eleven starts three ninety four era at home, but on the road in his five road starts in era of almost nine eight point eight four. What does he need to do to get that era down against this Angel, He's.
Speaker 6: Gonna have to throw strikes first of all, and that can be somewhat problematic because of the first pitch against him. This year, it's a three sixty four batting average against him on that end of it, but way too many pitches. Last start he had a better start. That was against Baltimore. He did go four and two thirds only two earned runs. However, in those four and two thirds innings, it took him ninety pitches to get to that particular point of the game.
Speaker 4: This baul has always been the calling card for Bueller, but one thing that is alarming at this point for twenty twenty four, the opposition is hitting three point ninety two against his four seam fastball. For the rest of his career. Prior to this year, they hit a collective two to nine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it looks like he's been frustrated in trying to find the strength zone, in particular with the breaking ball. Hopefully that turns around tonight because the clock is sticking as far as postseason and who's going to be on that roster in the starting rotation.
Speaker 4: Dodgers eighty three and fifty five best record in Major League Baseball, the Angels last place in the American League West, seventeen and a half out at fifty seven and eighty Tim.
Speaker 2: All Right, first pitch coming up next Dodgers and Angels. Dodgers a five game lead in the division over the Padres, six games up on the Dime Bass going into action tonight.
Speaker 3: First pitch when we return. Enjoy it. I'm Tim Kates has
Speaker 2: Been Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.