Speaker 1: Welcome to the I'm Still Fun Podcast with Fallon and Jenny. Hello. Okay, so we have a lot to talk about today. First of all, you know what it's funny. Someone was like, you didn't say you didn't talk about Hawaii at all last week, And I was like, well, I think we got caught up in other stuff. I mean I think I said I went, but I didn't really go break break it down too much.
Speaker 2: But we didn't talk about it much at all. But there was one thing I felt like, you reference.
Speaker 1: Well, someone asked what it was like to travel with kids, like how we decided to do it, But that was pretty much all I will say, just a quick recap. Went to Maui. We were there for a week. We say at the Fairmont. I picked the Fairmont because it is so impossible to find a hotel room for five people, I want to say, at a resort. I didn't want to do condos or airbnb because I wanted to be able to dine at the place or get cocktails at the pool kind of thing. So and we took my mom I first of all families of five, Oh my gosh, how or five or more? Because to basically have five people in a room at any resort I was looking at was it would make it go up to like thousands of dollars a night. It was insane. So the Fairmont had it where like they had a like I could do two queen beds in the bedroom and then the living room had to pull out couch. You could get like a cot or something too, or like a rollaway bed. But I was like, that'll do. It was still crazy expensive because it's Hawaii and you're on the beach, so I get it. But I would definitely recommend the Fairmont. It's like in Wileya. It's there's this cool path that goes and you walk you past like the Four Seasons where they filmed the White Lotus the Grand Wileya, which Jake thought looked like the really cool one. Again, would have chosen that, but I'm not spending three or four thousand dollars a night for a hotel, don't love my family that much, and also would not be able to afford to pay my mortgage or anything ever. Again, moving forward.
Speaker 2: Does your mom sleep on the cot thing?
Speaker 1: Yes? So I didn't know what to do and it was weird. I felt weird putting my mom on like the pull out bed. Yeah. She ended up hating the pull up ud not because it was uncomfortable. So my mom just had She's older, right, so she felt like she was like it was too soft, so it was hard for her to get up out of it. So she ended up just laying on the couch, which she claimed was comfortable. She didn't complain, but I didn't know how else to do it because we basically had Dylan and Olive in one bed and we were in another one, and I didn't really want to sleep with my mom. Yeah, and also all it was weird because like normally, if we had a different bed situation, Dylan would probably sleep on that, yeah, because he'd want his privacy anyway, That's just how it worked out. We did the road road to Hanna greatly recommend. We did the sunrise at Haleakala National Park was my favorite part of the trip and it was just lovely. We ended up we didn't have a planned We went to the Eao Valley because we were like, we can't sit around anymore, We're not beach people recommend that for sure, beautiful, But I put together a road to hannas like thing we did on my sub stack. I think it's called like Foullin Fines newsletter or something on substack. But I'm going to put one together of the overall trip. I just haven't you know what sucks about the iHeart website. We used to be told to put together blogs constantly, yep. And I have so many great trip blogs and they removed all the photos. Yep.
Speaker 2: They do it every few months.
Speaker 1: It's I'm guessing, you know, the server can only hold so much whatever, which is why it's a great thing. You actually have your blog, Jenny, so you can just you don't have to worry about it going away. But it is so lame on my end because I'm like, I have to go back. I'll try to recommend like our Paris Switzerland trip, which wasn't that long ago. Pictures are all gone yep, So I'm like, sorry here, you have to take my word for it. Yeah, but yeah, excuse me. We did get an email that I wanted to dive into, and it says, hey wanted to voice another thank you for being so open about some very taboo topics. In the last few episodes. We've heard about poopin in the pants from you and a brave listener, who wrote in about her own experience with tummy troubles that affect her everyday life and the ability to do activities that are easily taken for granted by those who are hashtag blessed enough to have as strong and healthy nether regions. I recently started physical therapy for my pelvic floor because over the past five years, I've had a handful of times where I peed my pants out of nowhere. Turns out, having a baby and later entering perimenopause will perimenopause all while or living in a culture that is terribly lacking when it comes to woman's health can yield some very embarrassing results. I now understand that I not only still have a very weak pelvic floor after pushing for four hours to give birth to my now thirteen year old son, but I've developed both an overactive bladder and stress incontinence, which is the thing where pressure makes you pee, So trampolines are out of the question. Hell, sometimes it feels like a brisk walk is out of the question. I definitely understand the fear of losing control while doing literally any activity, and it stresses me out every damn day. All to say, bodies are so complex and life is so unpredictable, and it's embarrassing and scary. We are not alone, and I don't want to be all toxic positivity, but I do think that practicing gratitude is important when it's so easy to just focus on negative stuff. So please share something about your bodies that you love. It could be form or function. For me, I have a beautiful clavicle, just great shoulder bones. I also have amazing eyebrows that are the perfect thickness and placement, no plucking or waxing needed. How about you, I love for your emails so much. Yeah, that's so fun. That is fun, Jenny ladies.
Speaker 2: First, Yeah, thank you. I would say that I am blessed mostly with an hour glass figure. Now do I work for it, yes, But I do have like the thinner waist and then the volumptuous curves, so I definitely am a fan of having that kind of body. But I would also say that I love my shoulders. I've worked out a lot over the years and I just really like having stronger shoulders. So I do like that too. But what about you?
Speaker 1: If I'm going physical, I will say I have a handful of things I like about myself. I like my hair. Yeah, I like my skin. I have good skin, so good. I like my nose shape, and I still do like the upper part of my stomach. I always joke that if I lost thirty pounds, I know I would have abs, but I do even without the thirty pound weight loss, I do have like some ab definition a little bit. The lower stomach is not my favorite anymore due to childbirth. Things are just looser down there, so I don't love it, but I'm trying to focus on the positive. So physically, those are some of my favorite things about myself.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back to the podcast in just a second. But first, Easter is coming up, and I just made these really delightful easter bars. I didn't save any for you. I noticed, Yeah, well you were on a little vacation and you were having little delightful things on an island, so I felt like you.
Speaker 1: Would help you sleep at night.
Speaker 2: Jenny, Okay, Well, anyway, on the top of the bars, you sprinkle a little bit of like chocolate powder, and so I went and grabbed my cacal bliss out and I was like, I'm definitely using this because a it's healthy, be it's flavorful, and see, it works just as good as anything else. So I speckled it. I used a little like brush thing and.
Speaker 1: Just like why, speckled it across and I got tasted so good. Well, I'll have to take your word for it, since I didn't get a taste or any of those. Jake's been making a lot of overnight oats and he's a very health like conscious journey right now, and I was like, you should add some of that to the overnight oats. He's like, oh my gosh, it's a good idea. So he did like a peanut butter chocolate one and he loved it. It is a healthy chocolate and it's so good and like crushes those cravings because let's be honest, who doesn't want like a little late night snacky tree.
Speaker 2: We have such a little sweet tooth craving all the time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. Also, Keto vegan friendly and it has all these amazing powerful superfoods ten of those to be exact.
Speaker 2: And it can support your digestion and helpful, got positive mood. And the best part about hearing us talk about this right now is we have a discount code for you if you want to try it out fun, so you can get fifteen percent off. You just go to their website. It's shop dot earthechofoods dot com slash fun. We always put this in the bio though, so it makes it easier. You don't have to remember that. But you just put in that discount code FUN for fifteen percent off. And now back to the podcast.
Speaker 1: So you know, before we started recording the podcast, I asked Jenny if she wanted to talk about it, and maybe that could even be the reason why you're tuning in, especially to today's podcast, because what people love tea, right, they want to know what's going on. They've followed Jenny for a very long time. I mean we even had Andrew on our podcast and on Friday on the Morning Show, you made a big announcement. So I'm gonna let you take it and share what you feel comfortable sharing and talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, if you didn't hear it on the Morning Show, Andrew and I broke up. It's been about a month this point, and you know, Fallin is pretty much the first person that knew anything that was going on, mostly because she was texting me and at one point she goes, do you hate me? And I'm like, I'm literally having the worst day of my life, like no, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: And so it was so I looked back at those text messages. It was me asking you something stupid yeah, that you didn't answer. I think you answer within a few hours. Then I asked another stupid thing, and then you didn't answer, and then I'm like, are you mad? It was like such a stupid and then you're like, no, fucking fallon. Sometimes people have other things going on. I remember being like, well, I'm an idiot, so yeah, I think you speak. That was so shocking though, because that's like the last thing ever I thought you would text me, probably for sure.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's been about a month. He is mostly moved out of the house. I'm not going to dive into the details of anything because it's just it's personal and it just didn't end up working out for us. I am sad, clearly, I'm very sad. I think the hardest. I feel like I've gone through different waves, Like every week is something different. The first week was like, oh my god, I don't have this person to talk to and I miss this person being in my life every day, and then like the second week was like morning the future I thought I was going to have, and then the third week was like thinking of all the memories.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's just it's been this wave of different things through the breakup, and each day is different. I have good days and then I have really awful days. And I've really been leaning into the people who I've found to be the most supportive. And I told Faalin this that she has been just the absolute best person to talk to throughout all of this because Fallen is not going to judge one way or another. She is going to like lay things out and she's going to listen, and she's going to give unbiased advice to an extent. So it's been very helpful because I think that certain people just don't give the greatest advice. So those aren't the people that I really always want to talk to, but they might be very close, like close relationship to me. Yeah, but it's hard because I don't want to hear what they have to say about things, you know, And Falon's just really been there for me. I mean, she dropped off like a basket one day of just goodies and stuff and it was very sweet. But yeah, it's just been a very life changing event, just because I mean, if you're listening right now, there's a good chance you listened to the episode he was on just a couple of months ago. And I'm kind of shocked that now this is where I'm at, But it is life, and you know, I am just like taking it day by day. And yeah, I mean I think one of the hardest things you go through it and break up. It's obviously mourning this past morning, this future you thought you were gonna have. But going from having this person in your life every single day to them now being a complete stranger, it's such a hard thing to describe if you've never experienced it. I've had friends who have been in relationships where you know, they were barely hanging out with their partner and then it just made sense that they things ended, And I would just say our relationship was a little bit different. I mean, we talked every single day, we sent each other bunny memes all the time, like all of that stuff. So it's very hard to have that and that consistent person to not having them at all, and then also just knowing nothing that's going on in their life when he's I've been in my life for over five years and not even just that, I mean we dated previously too, So yeah, that's what's been going on for the last like month. I pretty much have cried to fall in every single day before we recorded the podcast for the past month.
Speaker 1: And wait, and by the way, if you go back, you be highly impressed, not knowing that Jenny was going through this every single day, which is our every single week, and still maintaining composure and doing her job, which is not easy. What you said is so true. There's like this line and this Taylor Swift song that destroys me, and she it's so stupid to me to quote a Taylor Swift song right now, but she's like, oh, I love it. Please don't ever become a stranger who's laugh I would recognize anywhere. And I felt that's exactly kind of what you just described with Andrew, because as your friend, I I mean, I really like I loved you and Andrew to get I like that you were very well matched with like your interests and the things that made you laugh and like activities, and you know, I think a lot of people will ask like invasive questions because they're curious. And I don't think that makes you a bad person because you just want to know what happened. I mean, obviously I've gone through public breakups and people want to know. People make up things, and I think one thing we want to relay on this podcast is like, we don't hate Andrew. We don't want anyone to like go after Andrew kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Don't do any of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can love Jenny without That's the thing, Like I was telling her earlier when at X and I broke up, I think a lot of my family tried to like trash certain things about him, and it frustrated me because I'm like, well, he's not a bad person, and I know they're just trying to like they're trying to make you feel better kind of thing, and they're trying to be like, oh, he was never good enough and he was trashed, you know, different things like that, and that didn't make me feel better in the moment. You've talked about how you guys dated before and you broke up and then you know, years went by and then you guys got back together and you guys have been together for like five is years now. Yeah, do you I mean, I saw you. It's funny, funny enough. I feel like you and I kind of reconnected, like the first time you guys broke up because Jenny was an intern on the morning show and then as interns do, they leave the internship and they go on to do other things. And then Jenny had reached out to have coffee with me, and I remember the first thing I noticed about you was you were very thin, yep, and I was like, probably inappropriate. I think I was like, are you okay? And you were like yeah, you really brushed over it because I did not know you and Andrew together at all. You were just like, I'm going through a breakup or whatever, but you wanted to get back into radio, and that was the point of the coffee. So you know, year go by, i'd heard very loosely about Andrew and then you know, you guys got back together. So I know, I only know this version of your relationship. And I will say, being a friend of someone who's going through something like this is your complimentary to me, which is crazy. I think, like it's like what else, what else would I do? I was a friend off, not just like be there for you. The number of times Jenny. Jenny has watched me cry over stupid shit endlessly. She's seen me cry, so of course I would return that to you always and forever. What I've said to Jenny is, I feel like it's not that the heartbreak is any less, but it shows like just you grow and you learn things, and I feel like how you've handled is in a very graceful way while still feeling your feelings. And also you've been you've been really trying to like not cover them up or ignore them or you I do identify them, look at kind of science into things you've spoke into a therapist. I think you're handling things in a very healthy, as healthy as you can way, which is all you can really do for yourself as you're like healing and trying to figure out this new life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it bless algorithms, because you know, you hit one heartbreak reel on Instagram and suddenly your entire algorithm is that. And I it's just like, I'm such a logical, analytical kind of thinker and an anxious human, so I have to know why, in a lot of situations, why do I feel honestly dead inside? Like why do I feel these things, you know, like I still have a really good life and I have friends and family and whatever. But it's just interesting because it's like, when you're tied to someone, you get these dopamine releases when you see them, so suddenly you don't. You go from seeing them every single day and talking to them every day to not seeing them at all, and your brain is just like, what the fuck is happening right now, Like it is not used to that, And so getting out of a breakup is hard on so many different matters, but it also scientifically, biologically it messes with you, it really does. It affects your dopamine release, it does all of these things. So you know, like if I'm having a really down day, I'm like, okay, Like my body is getting used to being alone again, literally, like my brain is trying to understand that. So you know, I've done like some research and I've tried to listen to some podcasts, but like, I don't really feel like podcasts have done a whole lot for me.
Speaker 1: Are there things that you have done or seen or heard that have helped you a tiny bit in the past month.
Speaker 2: So I will say the last time that him and I had broken up. I was like a mess and I was unhealth. I was so unhealthy. Back then, I was drinking and I was partying still, and that was like how I would find my happiness, was like going out. But I was very young back then and that was just like my lifestyle. And so this time around, drinking is not involved. I'm much more into fitness however, like I'm I'm going to be really real, like it's been hard to eat, like I have that sadness. So I haven't been working out working out, but I have been getting out and walking in a lot, and I think that that has been so helpful for me because being outside it really really changes my mental state. So I think that that's been good. I have been focusing on just to do lists that have piled up over the years, and I mean, I've had a lot of realizations in the last month too, of how I was living my life prior to being single again. I was living a life of work, come home, hang out, take an app hang out with Andrew, do maybe something at in the evening, not much of anything, maybe watch a TV show and go to bed. And I know that like that is not who I am deep down, Like I'm a social person. I'm an active person, and I feel like I just became so routine and boring with my days, and now I'm like diving into these things that I've been wanting to do, Like I'm working on house projects and stuff. So i feel like I'm trying to channel energy into things that I've been wanting to do, and I'm kind of, i don't know, like trying to get rid of this person who became so routine and honestly relied too much on Andrew's presence to make me happy, I think, And not that that's bad, because that's what you expect with a partner. You expect them to provide you happiness. That's why you're in a relationship. It gives you happiness. Okay, But I do realize that, like I really wasn't doing a whole lot for me. And also I'm only thinking probably in the last handful of months, when it's been winter and it's Minnesota, so I feel like it's kind of probably not the best comparison right now, not at all. Yeah, in the summer, it's like I was out playing pick a ball all the time, you know. So Anyways, there's just some realizations that I've had, and I do think that I am handling this in a healthier way. It still hurts, really fucking pad and I hate it, but I do want to read something I've found because I thought, if anyone else is going through a hard time right now, whether it's heartbreak or something at your job or you know, you just got laid off or something, I just like saw this on Instagram and I thought it was very interesting. It says, today I learned about a term called a life quake, a significant and unexpected shift in the trajectory of your life that initially feels devastating but has the beneficial outcome of catalyzing personal growth and transformation and rebirth. And I just thought that was interesting because I think some of the biggest changes in my life have come from really hard times that have happened in my life, and a lot of those times I would never want to relive. However, I know I wouldn't be who I am today if I had not gone through those things, right So I am trying to see, you know, the bright side of feeling this heartbreak and being sad, knowing that like this isn't forever, but the one thing that I'll say that every fucking podcast says, every every like therapist on Instagram says, is like you just have to feel it. You just have to go through it, and you have to feel it, okay, But like I don't want to feel it yep? And how long do I have to feel it?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Like that's that's the stuff that's frustrating. Like I'm not going on dating apps and immediately trying to like find someone new to fill this void that I have that will never be who I am to each their own of how they do it. That's just like not how I work. So I'm not doing that. But I also don't want to sit in this sadness and only think about a breakup, you know, And so it's like what, like what is the answer to that? You just got to feel the feels that's how you get through it. But that's just like so open ended and frustrating to hear.
Speaker 1: You know it is. I mean, that's I think that's the that's everyone's top frustration is how how And everyone always says it just takes time, and You're like, I don't want to, Like, no one wants to feel like this for an extended amount of time. I feel like one thing you've shared with me that I think a lot of people will relate to is one thing that I know you you've said is especially hard in the mix of everything, just like losing your person obviously, is feeling like your friends are at a different life stage. And I feel like I'll let you speak on that a little bit if you want to, because I do feel like that's very relatable.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, like the first time, I was twenty five years old and single again, and everyone was single for the most part. Maybe a few people were starting to get engaged or whatever, but it was a very different lifestyle back then. People were still going out and being really involved in stuff. And now I'm approaching thirty five and almost all my friends are married, if not with kids, or if not, going to be married in the next year. And so now it's like I told Faala's like, I feel like I'm like a burden, and I know that nobody thinks that, but that's how I feel now when I reach out to friends who it's like they've got a full ass life that they're living and now I need some support. And once again, nobody's made me feel that way. But it's like I see that, and then you know, I did see probably a marriage in my future, and the kids thing was still up in the air. But now I am struggling with all of that, feeling like it was taken away and being unsure if I'm going to have that now. And I know I'm still very young, so I'm not ruling anything out, but it is just very different to be at this age and like wonder, like I don't want to go out to bars. That didn't work very well for me in my twenties anyways, meeting people at bars like it never really ended well most of the time anyways. But it's like how how do I stay busy and how do I stay social and not just like sit at home, which was fine when I was in a relationship because I had someone there, but now it's like I can only be alone for so many hours yea, and not ghostir crazy and be like what am I doing? So it's just a different phase of life than when I've previously been in when I was single last So it also feels very different in that way too.
Speaker 1: I would say, obviously, you know you're not a burden, but I understand it's a feeling. So there's no way to make you feel that. But I will say the difference in their lives is the same as in your life in that they don't the marry people and the people with kids, they don't want to go out to bars and live that lifestyle either, So they actually probably have very similar interests that you do in keeping their time busy, especially like if you're just married, because they're still they just have a marriage certificate. It's like the only difference of before other than they do have a partner. But with the kids thing, I can tell you. For me, I didn't want to just like be the mom and start only having mom friends. It made me feel like I was like losing out on a part of my life that I liked, like hanging out with you and Tina and stuff who didn't have kids, Like I didn't want to become like and this is not a knock on dance moms, Like I didn't want to just become another dance mom and that click, I was like, I still want to have my like other people that have different lives. So I feel like as long as like your friends with kids have good partners, they should be able to watch the kids so that your friends can still hang out with you because they would probably thrive on that as well. All that's to say it doesn't change things. They can't fill every minute of every day. I get that, but I would say I don't think any person's like this is a burden. Yeah, honestly their life if it's like mine, I have fun, but I also do live like a boring ish life. It is great to like still like have things on the calendar with my friends and stuff. It took me a minute, you know. It took me a minute with like having a new kid and different things to figure out the balance. But I mean, I can't change a feeling you have within you, obviously, but I can confirm not a burden. And I constantly am calling or texting Jenny to say that, like, you know, you can call and text me. You don't have to be in your bedroom and like be afraid you're a burden to me because you're not. Yeah, honestly, my daughter yells at me all the time, and it would be lovely to be able to go in the bedroom and have a conversation with you instead of being yelled at sometimes. So it's the it's a lot of things, and I know that you said, like a lot of people since talking about in the Morning Show have reached out and given you, like they've been very kind in messages and stuff.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I mean I just it. Of course, I like come in and I do my job. I know I've not been as fully myself in the last month as I normally would be, probably on air. And I also think, you know, as we all know, social media is not real. You know, me going to the bad Lands, like we had just broken up before that, and that first like twenty four hours in the bad Lands by myself, I had a great time, and then the next day I was a fucking mess and I was so sad. And yet you know you see me posting videos and pictures of all this fun shit, and like the reality is I was like sitting in the band crying. So like check on your people.
Speaker 1: Is what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And I love this job, but man, have I had some hard times in the last year coming in as you guys know, like just the anxiety stuff I was dealing with like a year ago, like I was barely getting out of bed. And this job has been doing the morning show, doing the podcast and anything else that involves our careers. It's not that I hate it. It's just sometimes I feel like I'm disappointing people by not being able to have this energy that I want to be bringing. And that sucks because I'm trying. Don't get me wrong, I try really hard, but you can't always fake it.
Speaker 1: No, that I annything is about our job, and we'll get ready to wrap up here in a second. But compare comparing our job to mo jobs. Our job is incredibly easy, like teachers, people who do construction, you know. But I will say in this one area, I think it's like the hardest thing ever to have to come at. Your job is to entertain people. And then does it mean you aren't vulnerable? That is, you know, share vulnerable things. But Jenny can't cry now that she's made talk about it, she can't cry on the radio every day for the next month while she's going through stuff. She has to address the topic, cry in that moment, and then she's got to move on even in that same day and laugh and entertain people. And I have obviously gone through some difficult things and had to do it, and it is brutal, especially because for usually months or maybe a year leading up to that moment things are crumbling behind the scenes, you're having to maintain a happy outlook. Then you, unlike any other job in the world, you have to make a public announcement yep, hey, my fucking relationship's over, and then you get to have people's makeup stories or or even if they're being nice. It's like, I don't want to have to talk about and comment on my work. It's so crazy. But in our job, we talk about our relationship all the time. So if Jenny just stopped talking about Andrew forever, she would just get endless messages like what happened Andrew until she addressed.
Speaker 2: It, and which was mostly like what was happening was like I was getting dms and texts into the show, their emails and stuff, and it's just like I just got to say it and be done with it. And I didn't have to. I really could have just like kept it to myself for a while. But then it's just hard. It's like when I was talking about this person every once in a while because something came up where you would talk about a story with your partner, and then I'm just like not talking about them anymore. I don't know, I think people read between the lines. I mean, there's plenty of people I follow on like social media or whatever where I'm like, I feel like they probably broke up.
Speaker 1: You can tell they stop posting their person or talking about them and you start speculating. So it's not like you and I have never done something like that either. So that's why I always say I understand the curiosity because I'm completely guilty of it. Yeah, but is there anything else you want to say before we wrap up today?
Speaker 2: No, just know that if you're going through heartbreak yourself, that there's definitely a lot of other people out there who are dealing with it. And since I have been through heartbreak before, I know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It's just hard to see it when you're really in the trenches of it.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, well, we love you, Jenny, and obviously I'm sure a lot of people are very shocked they're feeling so much love for you, and so we love you and I'm so sorry they are going through this.
Speaker 2: Thank you, and thanks to you for listening to this podcast. And you know, we do have a lot of supportive people who listen to our podcast, So thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you