Speaker 1: This nationwide keyword on our website, the bills that's bills enter it now on the day.
Speaker 2: Out falling when this all got abound Joe Hunning into the Great American. A few days back, there was the commemoration of October seventh, when there was something in the range of thirteen or fourteen hundred innocent to Israelis that were slaughtered by Hamas, along with a couple hundred that were kidnapped and held for hostage.
Speaker 3: We hope about one hundred are still alive. And I'm always amazed at where this hate originate from, because normally, if Jews are killed, Americans are killed or taken hostage, America rises up with one voice and says we can't have that. But in this circumstance, when Jews are killed, Americans are cheering on Hamas and hesblah and saying on college campuses, for example, from the river to the sea, Palestine will be free, which is kill more Jews. Now, one would point out that there are many Americans still held hostage, and there were many Americans killed on our October the seventh of last year, but it seems as if that entire idea has bypassed large numbers of young folks especially, And I read with interest a column by Nicole Neely, who's also a president and founder of Parents Defending Education. It was in the New York Post and the headline a few days ago was anti Semitism is exploding because we're teaching hate in public schools. Now I've read the kylem and I said, wow, once again, Nicole Neely, welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 4: Let's talk. First of all.
Speaker 3: Normally, when Americans or Jews are killed and slaughtered, raped in horrible fashion, Americans arise and say we can't have that. But on the commemoration of October the seventh a few days back, there was a large protest happening. Is hate being taught in public schools today all over this country?
Speaker 1: Yes? And that is what is really concerning, is what is being done to our children with our tech dollars, often behind the backs of families. It is not that students get to college when they're eighteen and magically decide I'm going to underage drink and I'm going to hate the juice. That kind of hatred has been inculcated and baked into our children's education between kindergarten and high school. And so that's why it's so important for all of us to be so vigilant about what our children are learning, so we can immunize and push back and fight back against that poison.
Speaker 3: You have in your column, Columbia University students trumpet a quote a counteroffensive against Israel, the Palestinians, settler, colonial, oppressor. Where does that language come from. It's amazing, it.
Speaker 1: Is really amazing, and sadly it is coming from the curriculum we have seen through programs like history, through ethnic studies classes that originated on the West Coast, where all bad ideas come from this whole framing and this whole idea of setting up that oppressor oppressed narrative where one side wins, one side loses. And I mean, I'm half Asian. For a while, we were considered oppressed. Now we're oppressors, you know, look at Harvard University. But the same thing with Jews. Jews were considered oppressed. I mean, let's think about the Holocaust, let's think about the program. But now because Jews are assumed to be wealthy and white, they're considered to be oppressed, and so they're considered bad people who are now keeping down the poor Arabs in the Middle East, and that's why they have to be taken out. It's really really troubling.
Speaker 3: You point out the higher education is the culmination of lessons taught during early years, and so if you're in New York City. I live in Cincinnati. I don't see much of this here though. University of Cincinnati has a pro Hamas chapter that every now and then metastasizes in the protests. But in the major cities, does the funding for these programs come from Muslim Arab states? In other words, who pays for this? Who pays for this to be taught?
Speaker 1: It is coming from all over certainly we have seen there was a big scandal in February where it came out that in New York City a teacher was using maps that had been provided by the Cutter Foundation and that map didn't have the state of Israel on it at all. Remarkable. But there is a lot of crazy propaganda that is also coming out of nonprofits like the Southern Poverty Law Centers, Teaching Tolerance, Learning for Justice program. A lot of other teachers' unions has been running and creating their own materials. The Oakland Education Association in California had an unsanctioned Palestinian teach in. We have seen those resources shared widely from coast to coast, and so it really is I mean, these lives that are making their way across the country in a matter of days, which is horrifying.
Speaker 3: And Nicole Neely, you have a diversity equity and inclusion initiatives and ethnic studies bear much of the same blame, and so they teach children to categorize people based upon oppressed or oppressor, based upon moral value, on race, religion, immigration status, and sexual preference, unlike other countries e pluribus unem from many there's one people, but the opposite is happening in the today. So give me the categories of who's oppressed, then give me the categories of who the oppressors are.
Speaker 1: Sure, I mean, certainly we have schools now teaching kids to view and treat each other by skin color. I mean, the fact that is happening in twenty twenty four in America is horrifying because it's something that the KKK would have been proud of. So certainly skin color is one of those dimensions. Sex is another one. If you're a boy versus your girl, versus you'r a non binary, non identifying, et cetera, your sexual preferences. Also, so this is where we start to integrate a lot of the really graphic sexual material into very very young ages, because how else are kids supposed to know who is oppressed if they don't know all of these very graphic details at young ages. But then also yeah, things like religion are you practicing? Are you a Satanist? Or are you something conventional and establishment like Catholicism, And so it really does, I mean, it starts to throw up all of these official walls between students where they didn't exist. I mean, I have a nine year old and ten year old. Do you know how pure and innocent children are? They don't see things like that. And so those kinds of divisions are being taught to children by their teachers, authority figures who they respect, which is really something you know, that's not what our kids are there to do. Our kids are there to learn to read and write and be empathetic, not to decide, you know, what that person is different than me, I'm going to hate them and treat them badly.
Speaker 3: Reading, writing, and arithmetic are kind of important. You have this column that says this Jews are coded as privileged because they are considered white, ignoring thousands of years of violent persecution as well as basic facts about thirty percent of global Jewish population is non white. So me, as a white Christian straight male, I'm a white Christian straight male. Am I an oppressor? Just because of those categories?
Speaker 1: Many, many public schools badly would say you're an oppressor, not taking into account any of your personal circumstances. You know, did your parents go to college, did you grow up in poverty, did you have an addict in your family? In all of these other personal circumstances, and then if you face adversity, how did you overcome that? I mean, let's think about the words of Martin Luther King. We believe in the in the content of people's character, not the color of their skins. So why are our teachers teaching children to hate each other based on things like that?
Speaker 3: And it begins what in the first second third grade? So by the time you get to college, you're ready, You're ready to riot, you're ready to protest. And you have a great piece on ethnic study consultants that are a business if you're an ethnic studies expert, you have businesses good, you're funded by the universities by Zuckerberg, you're funded by colleges, universities, you get free money, and then you advise school districts. These are first, second, third, and fourth graders in California and Arizona have promoted quote, preparing to teach Palestine toolkits. A first, second, third, fourth grader teacher is using a toolkit to teach that jew stole Israel from the Palestines. That a Cutter Foundation provides teachers with maps that are amid Israel, fundamental East altogether. And so, and these teachers did not come out of conservatives, I always say Christian or Jewish colleges. They came out of the universities in which they were taught the same thing to promote that kind of ideology. Correct, So it begins by the teachers themselves.
Speaker 1: Correct. We just did a big report about what colleges of education are actually teaching, and it turns out it's they're not teaching them tactics on how to make children that are learners, how to address learning deficiencies. Instead, it is a lot of that ideological indoctrination it's critical race theory, it's bell hooks, it's you know again that very kind of hateful ideology as opposed to how can we ensure that all children have a high quality education? And as writing, you.
Speaker 3: Say, bigotry is not innate, it has learned. Hate is learned. But from the left, we're told repeatedly that they're the oppressed, they're the victims when they perpetrate, they've foist it on people of my color and my religion, which I have love for everyone in my heart, for everyone. But bigotry is innate, it is learned, and it is taught by the left.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is sad, and that is why it's so important for parents bok to know what their children are learning and then to be able to not only reprogramm at home, but then to go to the school and say, I have questions. I have concerned why is this lesson being taught? This is inappropriate because when a community speaks up, that's when schools and administrators have to be responsive.
Speaker 3: So if you're a parent listening right now in Cincinnati and Austin, Texas, and Chicago, you're in Wyoming, you would think these concepts might be ripe in New York City. I guess we're you're headquartered are Los Angeles, but you're saying it's percolated down because of the teachers' unions and the teachers themselves to almost every aspect of American life. And that is a parent. What do you do then, as a parent to learn what's going on? I think COVID was a wide opening experience for many parents because they were able to see what their kids are being taught. And so as a parent, when you object, and this has happened in front of school board meetings, you raise your in and say, wait, I'm a parent here, I object to this. Guess what you're told that you're the problem. You're sexist and e racist. Don't understand the oppression happening in Palestine, the oppression happening to gay people, the oppression happening. I see these commercials nineteen dollars a month to the ACLU to fight the oppression put on us by white patriarchy and by the Jewish states. If the Jews in Israel control this country, and so they use the language of the of the right in order to promote the leftist principles, and the federal government, whether it's Christopher Ray the FBI, etc.
Speaker 4: Will tell you.
Speaker 3: I watched General Millie, head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff for years. He just retired, thank god, about a year ago. He said, the biggest problem in the in the military is white rage. I'm listening to Colin Powell testified for years at the one institution in America that is free of racial discrimination, as US military.
Speaker 4: Be all that you can be.
Speaker 3: Now the military itself is being told by the leaders of the military that white rage is a big problem in the military.
Speaker 4: And so I'm looking at this society.
Speaker 3: Can you step back, Nicole Neely, how did this happen over the last fifteen or twenty years, We went from Colin Powell to Mark Milly. Of course, Colin Powell is the son of Jamaican immigrants who died about three years ago. But Colin Powell said, come to the military, you will be judged not on the color of your skin, butte in your conduct. Now we live in the world where even FEMA the number one goal of FEMA is diversity, equity and inclusion, and the second one is global warming of FEMA, which is why we're probably having problems now with the hurricanes and Ian and Helena and Milton, and so it is. It is inculcated itself into every aspect of American life, from the public schools to the military. There's a question in there somewhere. Can you answer it?
Speaker 1: No? I think it reminds me a little bit of that Hemingway quote, how did you go broke? Well? Very slowly in that all at once. So I think a lot of this has been happening, unfortunately for many, many years, and a lot of us were asleep at the switch. We assumed that many of the traditional gatekeepers, be it a school superintendent, be it the joint chiefs of the army, would be keeping track of things and making sure that we that you know, resources being prioritized, and that we were actually keeping our eye on the ball. It turns out that no, in many cases, you know, there were administrators, there was a deep state that really was advancing their own agenda. In some cases, I would say, you know, an anti American agenda. When we're at war with ourselves, we're not able to be a worthy adversary to others overseas. In other cases, it is a lot of these consultants and pet projects who have been creating basically death by a thousand cuts. And that's why it's so important for ever' re American too, you know, I mean I think about that saying you see the airport, see something, say something. When you see something that is unjust, that it's immoral, that is unconstitutional, use your voice and alert someone you know, be it you who can do something about it or me. I would love to file civil rights complaints when there are problems in education, because we have to hold these people accountable at all levels of the government.
Speaker 3: Lastly, I would say this, Your colum in the New York Post says this. In New York City, New York City, a teacher pushed anti Israel propaganda on children who are four years old with lessons on quote land theft, displacement, and ethnic cleansing. While in Maryland, a middle school teacher celebrated as a diversity equity Inclusion team leader was suspended for posting online that the October seventh attack on Israel was a hoax, accusing Israelis of harvesting Palestinian organs, which is unbelievable. And in the state of Oregon, the Portland Teachers Union is large numbers of people were caught promoting pro Palestinian material intended for students as young as five years old that describe Israelis as colonial settlers and labels their government and Israel as apartheid regime, and other pamphlets in the Portland, Oregon describes hamas a designated terrorist group as a Palestinian resistance force. All over the country, our kids are being told lies to get them under control and to make sure they're part of the so called the movement instead of freedom. I'll tell you what, Nicoleneely, this is frightening, This is unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Yes, they're using our children as child soldiers. And that's why we all have to keep an eye out and fight back because this is the most important battle of our lives.
Speaker 3: All right, Nicoleneely are the president and founder of the Parents Defending Education. It's a long fight because we're in the minority, we're not in the majority, and the teachers' unions are being told propaganda through their own education garbage in, garbage out. Then they're puking forward these same ideas to the children they teach. Very few Constitutional Republicans are teaching in public schools in the city of Chicago. They're all themselves soldiers in the movement to indoctrinate children about these leftist principles. Then they do more and more. Do you have a website or somewhere people? I know, Tony Bender, my producer wants to get a hold of you for future activities, But what is your website of any.
Speaker 1: Yes, our website is defending ed dot org. People can submit tips to us. They can look on our map and see if there have been problems in their own backyard. And we also have tipps for engagement for people how to write letters to the editor, how to start their own parent group. Because one person can and will make a difference.
Speaker 4: I think you have it.
Speaker 3: It's clear than ever before that many school administrators and teachers have twisted their privilege to teach in the propaganda. And it's happening all over the country. The principles of DEI and man made climate change, the principles are loose in our public schools. It's going to be one hell of a fight to get them out. But once again, Nicole Neely, you're a great American and thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Nicole, Thank you. God bless America.
Speaker 3: Let's continue with more and if a line becomes available five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand. The Truth Joe Strecker says, We'll set you free on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Cancer, a force of nature needs a fork in the road, but at
Speaker 2: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center, we are finding new paths beyond possible