Speaker 1: Coxy.
Speaker 2: This is the seventy seven WABC Mini Cast.
Speaker 1: It's Sunday, and you know what that means. Here's Dick Morris on seventy seven WABC.
Speaker 2: Well s the eleven means joke us to the right.
Speaker 1: Here, I am.
Speaker 2: Stucking a little of you you, So I'm stuck in a little of you. Hi.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Dick Morris and Doug Dapiro Show. Last year. In the last two weeks, I've Doug and I have been reading from a memo by a guy named Chuck Brooks, who is a good friend of mine, who I've never met actually, but he's a good friend and he and I communicate all the time online. And Chuck wrote a paper predicting what's gonna happen by twenty fifty in twenty five years, and Doug thinks some of it will be sooner. But the point is that it explains what AIS go all about and what it's gonna do. Sometimes it gets fairly technical, but he makes it simple and makes it possible to really understand this. So I broke up his meeting word essay into nine parts, and each week we're reading one of the parts of the essay and now we're up to part three about quantum computing, Doug.
Speaker 2: A common description of the quantum computing is that it's merely the next generation of computing. Characterization, in my opinion, greatly underestimates it's important. A completely new technological civilization is based on quantum technologies. In the same way that electricity revolutionize the industrial economy and the Internet revolutionized.
Speaker 1: Internet louder, Doug Police, let me put.
Speaker 2: It louder here, And in the same way that electricity revolutionize the industrial economy and Internet revolutionized international communications, quantum technologies will fundamentally alter how humanity addresses its most difficult societal, scientific, economic, and security problems. Not only are computers evolving evolving, but a completely new computational paradigm is also emerging. The changeover has already started. Beyond theoretical physics and lab experiments, quantum computing is now being used in early commercial settings. Because they understand that quantum capability will become a strategic asset on par with nuclear technology, artificial intelligence, and space systems. Governments are investing billions. Leading nations in quantum science will have significant advantages in advanced manufacturing, scientific research, national defense, intelligence, gathering and economic competitiveness. One of the key geopolitical contests of the twenty first centrally century is the race for quantum leadership. Rather than just quantum computing, Technological convergence may bring about the biggest change. Converging technologies hold the key to the future. As I have stressed in my writings. As I stressed my writings, advanced communications, biotechnology, robotics and autonomous systems, quantum computing, photonic computing, and artificial intelligence are all developing simultaneously rather than separately. While quantum processes will significantly increase AI's capacity to analyze incredible data sets, sets and optimization problems, AI will also aid in the design of quantum algorithms, optimize quantum hardware, and enhance error correction. Computational capabilities that seem nearly unthinkable today will be made possible by this convergence. Quantum technologies have the potential to completely transform industries that rely on solving incredibly difficult mathematical problems. Within the next ten years, it may be possible to find drugs in a matter of weeks instead of years of laboratory testing. Quantum simulation will replace trial and error in the design of new materials, batteries, superconductors, aerospace components, and clean energy systems. Markets will be optimized by financial institutions were never before seen accuracy. Quantum optimization engines will greatly increase the efficiency of supply chains, transportation networks, smart cities, and global logistic networks. The computational capacity requires to model Earth's atmosphere and oceans with far higher fidelity than its currently achievable excuse Me will be made available to client scientists. However, it's possible that quantum's biggest disruption will come from its threats rather than its creations. The digital foundation that safeguards banking systems, medical records, government communications, and vital infrastructure. Public key encryption will eventually be vulnerable to sufficiently powerful quantum computers. The arrival of the qday queue the letterqueue the qday will be one of the biggest technological migrations in history, not just in cybersecurity event. Businesses that put off getting ready for post quantum this is important. Businesses that put off getting ready for this for the post quantum cryptography run the risk of having decades worth of confidential data decrypted in the future using harvest now decrypt later tactics that have already been linked to highly skilled nation state actors. Today, preparing for quantum resilience is becoming essential for both business and national security. Ultimately, I think quantum technology will become as commonplace as the imperceptible as cloud computing. Just as few people considered the vast cloud infrastructures that power contemporary digital life. The majority of people will never directly interact with the quantum processor. Rather, faster medical achievements, more sophisticated AI system will best cybersecurity, cleaner energy, self driving costs, precision manufacturing, and previously unthinkable scientific discoveries are how they will feel the impact of this quantum thing.
Speaker 1: Unbelieving, incredible, though I think you don't mind, guys in the women in the audience, that good. We're taking you on this trip through tech land, but you won't get this anyplace else on regio. We're on television, and uh, we want to walk you through it, say it can be prepared for the future.
Speaker 2: And I want to simplify a little bit of this. Classical computing is zeros and ones. You got a zero and a one, and that's how the system writes itself. Zeros in one and they stop and they talk and they go back and forth. Quantum computers is zeros ones or both together. It's almost like you a coin. You flip a coin and you got heads. You flip it and it got tails, heads tails, Quantum. That's that's classical computing. Quantum computing is you flip that coin and it spins forever, and it doesn't stop spinning. It talks to itself and it does all the things, and it's able to instinctively link. So they instantly correlate one with another, you know, all their ideas and their patterns, they correlate with each other. Classical computer doesn't do that. It tells your story and then you could ask you a question. Quantum it does it itself. It tells you the story and answers the question. It tells you why it an't. That's the difference. So anyway, I just wanted to that's thrue, you know, try to simplify that made it worse.
Speaker 1: Maybe, Yeah, No, No, it's we all need to study it, we all need to understand it. And I understand the tremendous changes they're coming about it, AND's going understand that they're not threats, they're really opportunities