Speaker 1: Pussy, I'm out.
Speaker 2: This is the seventy seven WABC Mini cast.
Speaker 1: Hank Shankoff, Hank, good morning, buddy. How are you?
Speaker 3: Thank you? Sin doing well? Thank you very much?
Speaker 1: Oh God, bless it's good to hear that.
Speaker 2: So I know he's gonna show up. I get it, I get it. But he hears everything. He is very thin skinned. The New York Post, that's the cover today. You think at some point he even considers not showing up when the overwhelming majority of nine to eleven families don't want him.
Speaker 3: There a very important question, and will de Mayor not show up? He will show up. There's a photo that's been circulating of him and Governor Huckle at ground zero where they're laughing and they're smiling, and anybody who lives through that day and recalls it, well, well, wonder how anyone could smile or ever laugh again when you go to grounds.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm so glad you brought that photo up, because I know what photo you're talking about. It was a couple of months ago, and it wasn't just hochel Amom. Donnie correct me if I'm wrong. I think Julie Menin was also in the photo. And maybe there were five people. There were five people, if I'm correct, right.
Speaker 3: Hank, I think something like that. I don't remember the Julie menin, but I certainly remember me. I certainly remember hochel Uh and the.
Speaker 2: Monny smiling like the tourists. He's more on tourists. They don't know any better. They think it's Disney. Well, three thousand people died there. Why would the mayor smile?
Speaker 3: It's it should shock the conscience that the mayor of the City of New York, a mayor of the City of York, would smile at a location where people who had no reason to die that day died simply because they were Americans, and they had gone to work and they decided, and they'd lived their lives as any other American would. And two hundred and how many firefighters close to three hundred died, or authority police officers, New York City police officers, court officer. I think anybody of any sacred service agent, FBI people and just average civilians went to work that morning and did not go home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Michael Judge too, one of our great Yeah, I mean you remember Michael Judge, Hank.
Speaker 3: Right. Of course, of course, the father made may rest in peace.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he died by next sa Budy Giuliani and but not Kaock. He got hit by somebody who jumped out of the out of the building and they landed on him and he died right there.
Speaker 1: So you you named all.
Speaker 2: The folks that that perish that day. And you know, I was watching somebody on television a couple of days ago, and I don't like this guy. I mean, I'm sorry, but I really can't stand there with Lewis and they're all Spencers days and nights on New York One, Mondays and Thursdays trying to convince New Yorker he's that this guy's doing a good job. Mom, Donnie and I sit down and I'm not as smart as you, Hank, but I.
Speaker 1: Try to That's not true. No, it is true, true, it is. And I tried.
Speaker 2: I figured, I try to figure out where he's doing a good job. Okay, kids, I got kids too, I got two kids. Great, so you got people watching the kids even in the Paul Call Day fantastic.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Outside of that, I gotta tell you on the Proman con sheet, I've got about twenty five cons. I mean it, twenty five, and like one pro am I missing something like that said.
Speaker 3: He's a brilliant communicator, a brilliant propagandist, and he's setting this up talking about things he's doing which he's not necessarily doing because there's no money to do it. The city is going to have an extraordinary fiscal crisis under his control, which he's going to blame Eric adams Worth. But all these things he's talking about have become reality for the minds of too many New Yorkers, and most of them are not going to happen because there's no money there. And then he will be able to blame the Feds and blame the state and blame everybody else, and his constituency will be all revved up because they're being screwed their minds because the Great Man is leading them down the path to greatness and he's being blocked. That's the deal. He's brilliant at it. The problem is not much will be accomplished, because that's the nature of this. But those who love him will go into the streets and do the most horrendous things to prove their love.
Speaker 2: But I gotta tell you, maybe I'm wrong, Hank. I feel like the tide is turning. You say he's brilliant at it. He was, no question about it. He's an evil man. There's a lot of evil people that are ended up being very successful and very very bright.
Speaker 1: Right. I mean Hitler wasn't a stupid guy.
Speaker 2: Okay, And I hate saying his name as a Jew, but the truth is he wasn't a stupid guy. But I feel Hank and maybe I'm wrong, like the tide is turning a bit. I've actually spoken to New Yorkers. I'm an interviewer. That's what I do.
Speaker 1: I meet you on the street, I say, hey, nice to meet you. What do you think?
Speaker 2: And I'm hearing some buyer's remorse. I don't think this guy is nearly as popular today as a day that he won.
Speaker 1: Or am I wrong?
Speaker 3: No? I think you're right about that, Sae. I mean, look, forget about the Jews. He seems to find them as a minority that no one's paying attention to, and he's allowed to say what he wants. The Blacks are not going to lose their minds in the outer burrows. When he comes up with the taxi increase for homeowners, many of whom are African American Otto boroughs who have struggled to put property together over the years so they could put their kids to college and have some kind of benefit as they go forward into retirement and every day. I mean it's going to get worse. The Asians, the Chinese are now the large fasts going population New York City. They're underserved in Brooklyn and other areas with city resources. They're going to start to lose their minds. I mean, this is not going to work out well. But people have that base of stupid young people. Ye, the most tamper generation the history of man eat more regularly, never played kalous on their hands like him. They have been housed more regularly, guess at a higher costs. Unfortunately, they're over educated, and they stand to gain the larger transfer wealth in the history of humanity when the Boomer generation dies. So that's what we're talking about, is in his corner and in the corner of the progressives across the country.
Speaker 2: God, it seems so unfair, but you're exactly right. So you know I bought this over to you before in ed Cox and these other boats sat run the Republican Party in this city. You know this guy is already this is unbelievable. He's seven months in seven eight months in to his first term. He's already campaigning and raising money and I believe over a million dollars already for his next run in three and a half years, not three and a half months, in three and a half years. What should the Republican Party in this city and this state be doing right now? Because Dave Portnoy, Sid Rosenberg, Michael Rappaport, maybe Jessica Tish I may not get it done.
Speaker 3: It is important to create a Republican party in New York City. We don't really have one. We have the beginnings of one to I believe the two party. I believe in multiple multiple party, but certainly two party government. I think without it you have what we have today was is mom Donnie. The only way to make this happen and to make it work is for people stand up aside identifying as Republicans. They can be anti Trump Republicans, it doesn't matter, but they're going to start identifying his Republican's number one. Number two. Organize and create Republican clubs wherever you can that that are young people directed. Three, start running for seats. You know, at one point in the Upper East Side of Manhattan in modern history, like you know, thirty years ago we had a Republican congressman or a Republican assemblymen or Republican state center and the Republican let's see a council member. You know, you got to do that and getting one of the chambers back from the state legislation. You know, people see it on not paying attention. The plan that the bad guys have for twenty twenty eight is to take the legislatures all over the country. My hunch is their targets are New York, New Jersey, Maryland, California, and Michigan, my hunch, and the plan is to ensure that they control reapportionment, that they can do tremendous damage to the real estate industry, and that they can also ensure that taxed delectible contributions to Israeli charities, to Jewish charities get tossed out the window.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just now that you know you mentioned the Upper East Side, Hank. I know you're familiar with everything going on in this city, but you know, I try to go out there as much as I can for Republican candidates, whether it's Joe Ornandez Whney, but controller and others. And I'll of me over the years, I've done sef with people that had about as good a chance of winning as you and I were not even running. But I just I just feel compelled to help Republicans. But I got to tell you how you know this lady. She was on my show again yesterday for the second time. But her and mother, she is so impressive. Her name is Caroline Shinkle. She's running for the old Jerry Navilus seat up there on the upper east side.
Speaker 1: Are you familiar with her?
Speaker 3: I am. I have read a bit about her. I've seen this, I've seen her. She's appearing in some place that I that I frequent a lot of the next couple of weeks. I believe she's very smart, correct, certainly presentable. Yes, and she win that seat. That seat was cut to benefit Jerry Nadler in the first case. That's why Michael Lesher won. It's it's much more weighted toward the west side of Anton in the east side of Manhattan, and the west side of Manhattan has about as much probability of voting a Republican into office as Zoe and I have a growing Tusk tomorrow morning and moving to the ice age.
Speaker 2: You're right, and he's another guy that I don't like this Michael Lasher. To me, he's kind of like Brad Lander. You know, you mentioned people that may run, and you know, like, let me have a.
Speaker 1: Guy that's very outspoken.
Speaker 2: He's got a lot of money, a lot of money, and people like the businessman running for office now because of the success of President Trump. Bill Ackman, for example, I don't like everything b Lackman says. He was way off on may Eric Adams, way off on a lot of this stuff during the mayor race.
Speaker 1: But he's a smart guy. He's worth about ten billion, whatever it is.
Speaker 2: You look at a guy like him, I'm not even choice a staunch Republican, even though he does sit at the White House coming dinner with President Trump. A guy like him, maybe even a guy who was so on CMBC yesterday, guy like Jamie Diamond. Those are types of people you think that New Yorkers would like to see run in these races.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, Michael Bloomberg is the kind of person that New Yorkers might want to see run for office.
Speaker 1: He wanted he would do it again. You think he would do it again, they know, but.
Speaker 3: That kind of person, not not somebody who's brazenly rich, you know, because the graveyard of American politics is filled with the very rich people who were told by political consults that they could win. And what the political cult saw was new houses in the Hampton, and what the rich people saw was offices they could never achieve. So it's a pretty pretty deadly combination. And if you look at what the rich people did in their and the camp, the money that they raised to elect someone we shot, you know, Andrew Cromo in campaign, it was just stupid and badly run, frankly, and the Independent Committee was stupid. I told them that they ought to be in the street doing what Mamdanie was doing, knocking on doors, and they told me that I was obviously on drugs. So I guess that the guys who did those campaigns did very well financially, but New York certainly did not do well.
Speaker 1: No, we did not