Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. It is time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust him. We have Bartlesville Round Up Club in here today. How are we doing, friends, right? Well, I'll tell you what's nice and cool in here, Todavid. Things got to heat up because we got some good times coming our way, don't.
Speaker 2: We, Yes, sir, we're about twenty fourth, fifth and sixth.
Speaker 3: Alrighty, And this is the big to do every year. We do it, Yes, we do.
Speaker 2: It's a honors ill Western tradition and gives our community great entertainment.
Speaker 3: Oh it does.
Speaker 1: And it's a lot of fun for everyone. We've got all kinds of different participants and spectators of course.
Speaker 3: Are going to be getting a kick out of this.
Speaker 4: It's a sanction udo International Professional Rodeos Association and also American Cowboys Rodeo Association, and so we have a lot of contestants and and that, like we said, they're from all over. D himself is a contestant.
Speaker 3: What you're doing, d oh?
Speaker 2: I do an event called steer tripping. It's you don't see it at a lot of rodeos. And we get to brag that we have the largest one go round steer roping in the nation because there's no others.
Speaker 3: Wow, you go like that, keep it unique and unduplicateable. You got something going.
Speaker 4: Yes, we do as we do and that's that's an old ranch thing that they do on the ranches still today and uh it's and we also have I think we'll have ranch bronc riding and that's the break them horses when they're out looking for cows. And then we'll have that for the kiddos. Of course, we'll have the calf Scramble, and we have the Queen Contest I'm gonna let Rebecca tell you about.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's get that royalty here.
Speaker 5: So we have three little bitches running this year and they are out selling one dollar raffles and what those dollar tickets go for is a five hundred dollars meat package from one of our sponsors, Rainy's Custom Butchering and Ramona. And then we also have two Queen contestants, Mikayla Somethinger and Ryan French, and they are out selling discounted rodeo tickets and those are eight dollars per person per night and that saves you a couple of dollars from paying at the gate. And so if you want to reach out, you can go to our Bartizel round Up Facebook page and get in contact with Amanda and reach out to have those girls contact you.
Speaker 6: If you want to get some tickets.
Speaker 3: Well that is great, a little something for everybody here.
Speaker 2: I'd like to say that you know, we're a really great entertainment value. We've held our ticket prices at ten dollars at the gate and there's not much that you can go see for entertainment that'll let you in for ten dollars. Right, Try going to a concert and seeing what to take a couple.
Speaker 3: Of zeros behind it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So this is a great family event and bring all the children out.
Speaker 4: We'll have vendors, food.
Speaker 5: Truck vendors out there, and of course mutton bust and we can't forget about the mutton bust and put a little one on the back of one of those sheets and let them run through the arena.
Speaker 2: Now we're not going to say they're going to be real clean, but then you're a little bit want to bring.
Speaker 6: A change of clothes.
Speaker 4: So you'll need to come early to watch the mutton busting because they'll do that sometime between seven and seven thirty and before the rodeo. The rodeo actually starts at the Grand Injuries at eight o'clock.
Speaker 1: I don't know who gets the biggest kick out of that. The kids with the parents and grandparents.
Speaker 4: Well you blame how many grandparents and parents we have in the arena right there just with their phones.
Speaker 3: I'm taking all the chances.
Speaker 4: It's adorable, it really is. It really is. They'll be grabbing those sheep all the way, just hugging their bodies and it's just going at it all the way at the end of the arena. It's it's adorable and a lot of fun. And I mean, the the entr fee is real cheap. I don't know what it is, maybe yeah, And then they get payback, I mean, and so if the more that's in it, the more places they can pay.
Speaker 3: The thing is.
Speaker 1: It's great because it introduces the child to rodeo but at a very safe level, and it provides a great deal of entertainment just overall.
Speaker 4: Just cutenessos are right out there with them, and sometimes I'm and dads have to pry their little fingers off of the gate. And so those clowns. They'll they'll they'll they'll pick up on that and then we'll be right there hovering over that child and making sure they're safe. It's a good idea to bring maybe a ball helmet, yeah, or something like that.
Speaker 3: That would be a good idea. Maybe a little bike helmet.
Speaker 4: If you go, mike helmet or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, they don't have to have one, but it's we prefer it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it and.
Speaker 4: Then they can borrow one from somebody.
Speaker 2: I'd like to say that all this is going to take place at the Rodeo Arena, which on the west side of town, almost directly across from the airport. Yeah, so that's where the arena is located.
Speaker 3: Now, we've got to have some refreshments. There's something like a beverage or two that we can kind of take the edge of the heat off.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, they'll be all kinds of food trucks there.
Speaker 5: I know, one that my kids are excited about is the lemonade trailers. Some of the best refreshing lemonade out there, you know, for him and I don't remember how many, eight or nine food trucks is what we'll have out there with all kinds of food.
Speaker 2: It's mission.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then stay for the entertainment.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know you have the wild horse race where they have to take a horse and you know, get get it saddled and everything and try to ride it out.
Speaker 6: And that's quite entertaining.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've seen that in person.
Speaker 6: I've seen you got it comic.
Speaker 3: I've not seen that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's it's it's quite comical.
Speaker 2: We're also going to have a mechanical bull this year. I'll pay, I'll pay for your entry if you want to get.
Speaker 4: On all right, there you go, yes, and that mechanical Let me tell you a little bit about that mechanical bull. The owner is Kyle Kyle No No Sherewood, Kyle Sherwood, and he's a senior pro wool rider who sail for He was he's probably a little a little bit retired now and got the bull machine. But he was in the movie that new movie that's out, Homestead, the new movie Homestead that's out. He was the bull rider and the guy that was in Yellowstone, the white haired guy, Neil something.
Speaker 3: I was in a movie with him last rodeo. Yeah, yeah, he shot that last year.
Speaker 4: And well that's the one.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's the one. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So Kyle is the one that owns the bull that he's going to bring. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he'll fly off that thing out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: There, he took a little off that.
Speaker 2: Now we can turn it down so it's not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Made it look like you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so it was. It was Kyle's body and Neils.
Speaker 3: Oh they did that job.
Speaker 4: Okay, they're about the same size. I understand they are. Yeah, but anyway, that's kind of cool. Not so you might wan it is autograph.
Speaker 3: Or something, you know something. I think I met Kyle on the set. Yeah, he was double Yeah.
Speaker 4: He's my nephew, my great nephew.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll tell you what small world nephew.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is coming up the last weekend in July correct.
Speaker 6: July twenty fourth.
Speaker 3: Fifth and six, twenty fourth, fifth and six. Yes, so get your tickets.
Speaker 6: We'll get your tickets.
Speaker 3: Yes, search out for the queen, get the get the dollar.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 5: We got two queens out there selling tickets, so you want to get in contact with them so that you can save a couple of bucks on every ticket that you buy, and all of the proceeds go to towards the queen contestants.
Speaker 2: Here find information on our Facebook page Barville ROUNDUPR And I would.
Speaker 4: Like, if it's okay with you for a few seconds, I would like to say some of our sponsors, Oh well, let's do.
Speaker 3: That, because you can't do it without them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we cannot have a rodeo without them. And even the smallest owners are so much appreciated. And I'm probably gonna miss a few. But also we're selling t shirts from uh the Switch, what's it called? Torpedo Torpedo Switch Custome and on on our Facebook page you can see how to order a rodeo t shirt kind of like mind it's got a bunch stuff on the back anyway, So we got that and then we got in Pasca the Triangle Serum. They have always been real faithful into helping us out a little bit over Lee's Woods, Dylan Chin Dirt Works. He can you call him anything you need, He'll fix you up. Of course visit Bartlesville. They are always been the greatest sponsors. Mexican Babah, who doesn't love?
Speaker 6: They got the best doctor Pepper telling you who.
Speaker 4: Doesn't love that? O Sage Casino. So I have play a little bit, or if you need a motel room. Yeah. Yeah, they've got a restaurant on uh. I forget the name of the Scissor tail or something, and I ate there once. It was really good. Cody have construction. He has been so sweet and blessed us for many years now, and so if you have any construction needs, give Cody a call. UH three p Ranch, the Peterson Ranch. They've got performance horses and whole cell beef and they have been so generous to us the last three or four years, and we just can't get along without him anyway. We have all of the bank first and Shabby to Chick in Coffeeville. They have the greatest stuff there. It's worth the up, I promise you. I have antiques and flea market type thing, water's heating air. They're like steadfast, I mean, the greatest people. Welch State Bank even offered to help Paul Hood and associates. There were great Collins lawn Care. They say that Swigman Insurance. He's been really good about helping out Toyota, Dungeus Cutterfield, oh and Green Country Utilities in Ramona. They also every year donate their big light for us to have parking in the bag. Yeah, yeah, so that comes from there, and then they also give us a donation. So we're so thankful for them. Even though they're not here in Bartlesfield, they're still Yeah at State Farm, we have got four, I think or three State Farm agents that have blessed us so much. Zach Henderson, Matt Spence, Jim Moore, Jim Moore and isn't there another one? I don't think there's this three and they Henderson Yeah, yeah. I so shout out to those guys. They are They've blessed us so much. We're so grateful for them.
Speaker 2: The community gets behind this rodeo they do, you know, and and helps because they know it's something that defines our community, you know. But I'd like to take this opportunity to say thank you to all the volunteers behind the round of Club that do this. And we we have a work list and people sign up volunteer do things like the parking and work in the concession stand. Helped sort livestock and come up with feed for the livestock. That's part of a contract we make with the stock contractor, which is Biggorn Rodeo Company. I spoke with Kyle Robinson this morning about what our needs were and we're getting those lined up.
Speaker 4: Uh, it's a big deal. I mean they spend the whole month out there at the Round Up Club working to prepare the arena, fix things, paint things, touch things up, nail boards that might becoming loose, and just weed eating. Oh my gosh, weed eaten and weed eating and more weed eaten.
Speaker 2: Devin hop just.
Speaker 3: Lives out there.
Speaker 4: Yes, the biggest shout out to Devon and Tamra Hopic are Devin Gray and Tamra Hawk at Hopic. They live out there and they've got four kids. They just take the trailer and their horses and they yeah, the kids that they were born and raised out there.
Speaker 7: They love doing it and they don't get appreciated near enough, near enough, but we do appreciate them.
Speaker 4: And if you see them, shake their hand and thank them for what they're doing for the for the town. There was a two more that I have to and she may have already said it. The sponsor for the the uh little Breeches, Yes, crazy, that's yeah, I didn't know. I didn't know. Yeah, Yes, we got to be sure.
Speaker 6: Big shout out to them.
Speaker 4: Yes, and Paterson's donated the Blackstone for the so you're not just buying a ticket. Yeah, you're getting a chance for this big old black.
Speaker 6: One of two prizes.
Speaker 5: So there's a pellet grill smoker and then the second prize is a black thirty six ince Blackstone and they come with the hardcover accessories.
Speaker 6: So when you buy one.
Speaker 5: Of those entry tickets from one of your Queen's Queen contestants, that's what you're going to get entered into to hopefully win one of those prizes.
Speaker 4: Will have door prizes at why a program. Buy a program and you'll get a ticket, and we have all kinds of cool little door prizes from the town, cute little things versus you name it whatever.
Speaker 3: Well, this is why it's so popular. Everybody comes out there. You know, not only are the contestants gonna win something, you're probably gonna win something to you're gonna go home with something.
Speaker 2: But well you're gonna get see some great context. Yes you are, you know there these people are more or less regional. I mean we're talking Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas and Texas or where we draw.
Speaker 3: What else is there?
Speaker 1: When you think about it, what else is there? We're getting the bed of the bath if you had one year.
Speaker 4: We got them from New York. I mean that a couple of years ago, and then we got some from Ohio, a couple of a couple of Ropers from Ohio. They were a female Bracy Ropers has become quite proper popular and we have one thousand dollars added money per event, so they'll pay their interfees and they'll figure out the payout and then we'll throw in from the club one thousand dollars so to stack that to bring back for each event.
Speaker 3: Wow, this is going to be spectacular. You don't want to miss it. Make sure you get the dates down, folks on your calendar, and remember it's only ten dollars to get in the door.
Speaker 1: But if you really want to be a sport, buy some tickets from the queens and also get that program too. Yes, oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: This is going to be great. It always is, but I mean this year it's just they got to be great. Yep, we try, all right, And you have a Facebook.
Speaker 6: Page right, yes, Bartisville Roundup Club.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know something, guys and gals.
Speaker 1: I also get a big kick out of you guys at the Christmas preads too, because I do a bunch of those.
Speaker 3: I'm like, where are they there? They are.
Speaker 1: Kind of keeps everybody kind of fresh in the off season, knowing that.
Speaker 3: It's come back into something.
Speaker 4: The kids really like it. And we also out there we have play days and well the Lord has forbid it this spring, but we had several barrel races scheduled out there, but bringing every time. And we've had like two or three of our play days out there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we got to have about half of them.
Speaker 4: But we will have eight. We will have them after after the roado, after everybody recovers, then we're gonna.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean it seems like get everybody out and they're like, no, I don't want to go out there.
Speaker 3: You know, Folks will see that on the calendar, they'll see it's only three days.
Speaker 1: But it's like, really, it's like three months to get everything all Yeah, maybe if not six, to get everything all lined up.
Speaker 4: But after everybody recovers, we'll start having some more stuff out there. You know, the creek don't rise, which it has every time.
Speaker 1: I want to say thank you all for being here. Bartlesville Round Up Club check them out on Facebook. We'll have a story on the website and you always watch the video if you just tuned in a little bit late on our Facebook page.
Speaker 3: Thank you for being with us today.
Speaker 6: Thank you for having us.
Speaker 1: Folks, You've been watching and listening to our community connection right here on K one, the one you Trust. Brought to you by Wesley and Kitty College, Arnold Moore Neeecmpuneral Home, and Tall Grass Motors.