Speaker 1: This is Dan Capless and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Well, hello everyone, it's Heidi Ganal. I have not been in this chair for a while. It's so good to be back. Ryan. It's great to hang out with you again. We hung out this morning.
Speaker 3: We're just pals. We're pals, are pals. I know, it's awesome.
Speaker 2: It makes me smile when I see you, even at six point thirty in the morning. Now, that event was you.
Speaker 4: Need to know that other than Michael Brown, who I wake up and cover his show for because I get paid to do it, I actually showed up to that event, not getting paid to do it, but because I wanted.
Speaker 3: To be there. Heidi, That's how much it meant to me. And it takes a lot to get me up that early because I'm a night ahul.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you me too, Ashley. Right, So, when Myra asked me if I would kind of take over that club, it's an amazing club. It's been around for over ten years, started as the arapa Ho Men's Breakfast Club, and then it became the Arapaho County Republican Breakfast Club and now it's the South Metro Republican Breakfast Club. It's super fun. We had over one hundred people there this morning. We act it was packed and we had Britta Horn come in and talk to us about what's going on in the party. In our first thirty days, it's been a little spicy, lots of action there and just had a great time this morning. So anyone who wants to join just bought me an email at Heidi at Rockymountain Voice dot com and I'll get you the information. But Ryan, oh my gosh, I've been out for a month recovering from breast cancer surgery and I'm fine. They caught it early.
Speaker 3: I'm going to be just dandy, so happy to hear that news.
Speaker 2: Thank you. But man, it's a brutal surgery, and yeah, I don't do well sitting on the couch for a month now.
Speaker 3: We do not imagine.
Speaker 2: I drove my family nuts. I think of my friends. But my kids loved it because we got a beautiful meal almost every night from those meal trains. People do I have the best community around me.
Speaker 3: It's nice.
Speaker 2: But now they're like, where's where's the food? What happened?
Speaker 3: I want to stay on the meal train.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's stay on the meal train. I'm like, you guys know, and I'm a terrible cook. I'm married one of the best cooks, Jason. I was going to say, Jason and GQ, that's some solid stuff, I know, but it's not like he wants to come home and cook.
Speaker 4: Hey, I got a big question. Yeah, So I'm going to the Rockies game tonight. Looks like solo because nobody.
Speaker 3: Heidi Kelly will go with you in the weather.
Speaker 4: At fifty degrees. But I know that there's GQ in the ballpark.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, there is, and they have the best mac and cheese with brisket.
Speaker 3: Or pulled pork on it. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 4: So where in the park is Is it just one location? Is it in the upper level because I think I remember it being.
Speaker 3: There is No.
Speaker 2: I'm going to fail as a wife, as a Barbara wife. I know where it is in my mind. I just can't describe it to you.
Speaker 3: Should I just text Jason?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, I'll text Jason after the break?
Speaker 3: Yeah, please do.
Speaker 2: He's just about to open another location up in Thornton. I believe they're opening next week and he's at all the stadiums. I think they're going into the CSU Football Stadium.
Speaker 3: How about you you plug.
Speaker 4: Guess who's catering Kelsey in my wedding. This is Jason Goanall.
Speaker 3: Hello, Ryan. That is so cool. It had to be right, It had to be.
Speaker 2: I mean, now, I know you love GQ.
Speaker 4: What that And I gotta tell you we help our own, if you know what I mean. Yes, And Kelsey is very much on board with that part of it too.
Speaker 3: She's a big fan of yours.
Speaker 2: Oh, it was great to see her this morning.
Speaker 4: I didn't get to talk to you about spicy. She was riled up like swow little early for this energy, but she had it.
Speaker 2: That's what we intend to do with those breakfast meetings. We got to get everybody keyed up, ready to fight, ready to get in the game. We've been doing a little thing on Twitter in this little community I have called Colrad's Road Back to Red and it's grown to almost three thousand people in this community. And we do fight back in five what's something you can do to fight back in just five minutes and we post in there. Lots of people post in there all throughout the day. Hey, here's you know, a piece of legislation you can write an email to in five minutes. Here's something you can pop off on social media in five minutes. Here's a call you can make in five minutes. It's super easy and cool and would love to have you guys join us. It's at Heidigenals my Twitter and then you just go to my profile and you have to ask to be in the community because we don't want any you know, far lefty crazies in there. So not that we can tell. Sometimes we can tell, Oh yeah, okay, Ryan, yep, I told you earlier on your show. As I popped on for a few minutes, there was a really cool article in the Denver Gazette, And I don't have the actual article. I didn't have time to pull it, but I pulled a tweet that kind of reviewed it, and it talks about how Colorado has changed I think in the last decade. I don't know the timeframe, but these stats are shocking, Like if every candidate that's going to run for governor, US Senate, attorney general, any Republican that's running for anything in Colorado should pull up this list and here, here's your game. Here's like, here's what you should be talking about. Just to give you a little taste. We used to be in the top five states for economic performance. We are now in the bottom ten. Colorado ranks among the least five affordable states for housing in the whole country. The state ranks as the sixth most regulated in the US, and of course corresponds with slower business growth and innovation. It also corresponds which with a Phibbian guy named Jared Pulus who says he's very libertarian. How can you be libertarian and be running the sixth most regulated state in the country. That blew my mind.
Speaker 3: Talk about a Lino, right l O.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 4: I haven't heard that a libertarian name only, But it's not even that. After he signed that gun grab bill, the most anti libertarian bill ever signed by any governor, including Gavin Newsom.
Speaker 3: So no, buddy, you don't get to call yourself libertarian anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think with that bill and if he signs or let's go into law thirteen twelve, everybody must know about thirteen twelve at this point, but it is the most horrible bill that goes after parental rights and is terrible for our kids and families, and it just I think it lands on the governor's deyt today. I'm so curious to see what he's going to do with that. What do you think he does?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 4: I think he punted his entire political career with the gun grab bill.
Speaker 3: So what does it matter at this point?
Speaker 4: I don't know what he's trying to prove, or who he's trying to impress, or who.
Speaker 3: He thinks he's playing to.
Speaker 4: But this is such a losing battle nationally. And I've said this time and again, and I got this information from Lori Gimmelstein. By the way, Colorado Parent Advocacy Network, they built a little poison pill into thirteen twelve, knowing that it could be circumvented, it could be overcome with a petitioner initiative on the they made it so you can't do that.
Speaker 2: To safety clause.
Speaker 3: There you go, Yes, Why would they have to do that, Heidi?
Speaker 4: If it's such a good bill that's popular with the majority of Colorado's.
Speaker 2: I don't know. But it's so devious. This stuff is so bad. It's making national news it's putting Colorado on the map as now not just an abortion tourism state, but a trans tourism state. And oh my gosh, you better not have kids in this state. That's how bad things are. Which here's another lovely stat along those lines since twenty seventeen, from twenty seventeen to twenty twenty three, sixty five percent increase in abortions in Colorado. We've gone from eighty eight hundred and twenty seventeen to over fourteen thoy in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: That is terrible.
Speaker 2: Colorado's fallen from a top ten state for in migration so people moving into the state, to the bottom ten in twenty twenty five. I mean, the list goes on and on. I could sit here and just read this and everybody's jaws would drop to the ground hearing what's happening to our beautiful stage. So we'll talk more about that at four thirty five. I'm going to have my good friend Lynn Gerber come on. We met actually in politics, but we share a passion for animal rescue, and Lynn is one of the most amazing human beings. She has saved so many dogs, so many dogs. I think she has five of her own at her home, but she does amazing work and she holds the people's feet to the fire that run animal rescue, like legislation and oversight in Colorado. I'm going to tease it with a couple stats that are going to blow you away. In twenty twenty four alone, Colorado euthanized six thousand animals in our shelters, and Denver now ranks fifth nationally in sheltered euthanasia rates. We've got a big problem here, and it's political too. It has a lot to do with Jared Pois and his partner Marlon Reis, who's very involved in the animal rescue community here in Colorado. So that's after the four thirty break, and then at five point thirty, I'm bringing on Lacey Williams, who's on our Rocky Mountain Voice team.
Speaker 3: She is a rock star.
Speaker 2: She worked with Turning Point for several years and now she works at Rocky Mountain Voice doing our social media and as part of our content team with Tory, my daughter, and Jen, our editor. And she also is one of the heads of Colorada Young Republicans. So you think Turning Point is high school and college and then colorda Young Republicans is post college, the young folks, the gen Zers, and they have opened fourteen chapters around the state of Colorado and they are making huge strides. So we're going to have Lacey on to talk about gen Z and Colorado and young conservative young conservatives here and how we actually continue to pull them over to our side.
Speaker 4: I think that's so important too, Heidi, because I actually had one come up to me today, David Proctor, a really interesting.
Speaker 3: Young man, and he has a mind for it. I think the same way.
Speaker 4: That Lacey does of how do we connect with the this younger generation that so many of them based on their experiences and Britta talked about this at the breakfast today, going through COVID being locked down, they have a tendency to want to break free from government control and oppression and where does that lead them the Republican Party. We just got to connect those dots and get them to turn out to vote.
Speaker 2: That's right, right. I'm so excited about that part of our movement. It's what I'm getting more and more passionate about it. I'm helping launch Turning Point chapters at high schools across the state. We launched one at my daughter's high school at Valor Christian. A couple of weeks ago, we had Derek Wolf speak and Danielle Jorinski. We're going to do this all over Colorado and we're going to take back Colorado through our youth. So I know we've got to go to break. This is Hidi Ganal filling in for Dan Kaplis. He'll be back tomorrow. We'll be back right after this to talk more about all the things.
Speaker 3: And now back to the Dan Kapla Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Eight Afternoons slash Evening. This is Heidi Ganal filling in for Day and Kaplis, and it looks like I'll be filling it again tomorrow. I'm very excited about that, right.
Speaker 3: I love how I broke that news for you, ting to break.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's good news. Dan is doing the good work, keeping us safe, putting bad guys where they need to go, protecting people's livelihoods. So we need to let him do that. He does it very well.
Speaker 4: And it's just one more day, he says, one more day. He's telling us he'll be back on Friday. But this feels a lot like Wimpy in the Popeye cartoons who said I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger Today. I'm not sure that I believe that Dan'll be here on Friday.
Speaker 3: We'll see.
Speaker 2: Well, I have my thirteen year old's party with twelve other thirteen year old girls at my house on Friday, so I'm probably not going to be available, although I know probably prefer to be doing that. They're all the radio. Something just broke that's really cool. And after just having gone through a six month stint with breast cancer and the healthcare system and the ups and downs and trying to figure out what to believe and who to trust about what the treatment best for me was, I'm a big believer in the MAHA movement, the Make America Healthy Again movement, and I just found out that Trump has nominated doctor Casey Means for Surgeon General and all nice. Yeah, she's like the godmother of the MAHA movement.
Speaker 3: Great great interview with.
Speaker 2: Tucker Carlson if you want to get to know her. And I believe it's her brother who were Stanford trained physicians surgeons and went through kind of an awakening about what was happening because of their mom's health. And man, Ryan, I have to tell you it's been a real eye opening experience for me. I probably got five different opinions from five different doctors about how to treat a very early caught breast cancer. And then I went to functional medicine, which is kind of an alternative or natural medicine, and it's a whole different perspective and you've got to really navigate that yourself, and you don't know who to trust. So if there's anything she could do along with RFK Junior to bring back a level of trust in the science, in our in our healthcare system, in pharmaceuticals, et cetera, I think that would go a long way and be a very successful mark that Trump could put on his presidency.
Speaker 4: I just love this kind of extra dimension that has been added to what is our movement? Which how do you done such a yeoman's work in advancing not only make America great again, but America first traditional conservative values based on populist principles.
Speaker 3: And now our FK Jr. And this is where you know, you.
Speaker 4: Got to wait things out sometimes in politics. And I got really upset with Sean Hannity who turned on RFK Junior when it looked like RFK Junior might be doing more harm to Trump than to Biden in a potential race. Well, what happened is our FK junior sat down with Donald Trump. I think they established that fact. Both said, we don't want Biden to win. Let's form an alliance. Let's do like the Mega Powers Randy Macho, Mann Savage and Hulk Hogan. And they did that on stage. I think it was Las Vegas. It was electric. The crowd reacted. I remember that the RFK Junior voters came over to our side. I think they pushed us over the finish line definitely for a national popular vote victory. I think that we have them to credit for a large part of that. Here's the other thing too. We're talking about comedy works A little bit earlier on at Comedy Works South, I went and saw Detroit native Tim Meadows, formerly of Saturday Night Live Ladies man all that, and he kind of got into politics at the end. I could tell he didn't really want to. And he kind of asked how many Trump supporters we have? And there's a murmur myself and a few others, Yeah, yeah, okay, I get it. And then the guy in the front row says, I'm an RFK Junior supporter Tim Meadows went off on that guy. What Christian Total wrote an article about it, Hollywood Intoto dot Com. Meadows was infinitely more angry, and he said, so at RFK junior supporters than Trump supporters. The bottom line, I might be slightly misrepresenting, but not really was well, Trump supporters, they're just they're a lost cause and you know they're not that right whatever. You should know better as an RFK Junior supporter because you're actually smart.
Speaker 3: But what are you doing? He got really mad.
Speaker 4: He apologized to the audience, and that's when I knew, Heidi, the RFK Junior Alliance was powerful.
Speaker 3: With Donald Trump. It is powerful.
Speaker 2: It's it's been incredible to watch all these previous democrats come together and remake the conservative movement.
Speaker 3: I know, Tulsea Gabbert, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Crazy, and I you know, I have to say, Heik, We're in a really good place. We've got great policy ideas, we've got good solutions for things. One of the groups that I'm on the board of now is called American Conservation Coalition, and you got to look it up. It's acc dot eco the website. They have a really good website that lays it out. But it's young conservatives taking back the conversation around the environment and clean land and clean air and clean water and reminding everyone that we are the party of Teddy Roosevelt.
Speaker 3: We are the original conservation Party.
Speaker 2: And they've got sixty thousand, I think seventy thousand now members across the country on college campuses and they're growing like crazy. And Hunter, who was just selected as the chair of Weald County, Hunter Rivera is going to be the new leader of ACC here in Colorado. He's also very involved in Colwordy Young Republicans and we should get him on the show soon. Maybe I can set him up to come on tomorrow. But we're taking back the conversation around the environment, We're taking back the conversation about health. We're taking back the conversation about fiscal conservative conservatism and responsible you know, money spending through DOGE. One of the things I love this morning that Britta brought out is she's she's launching Boge, which is Britta of GOP Efficiency, and she's really digging into the spending and the revenue sources and trying to figure out how to write the party financially which I think is a good thing too. So needless to say, I think I think we've got all the right like ingredients in the soup, and we just have to figure out how to sell that soup to so more voters in Colorado in order to ride that train and start winning again here. So I'm super excited about things going on in the conservative movement, and I think nationally, well, this morning, I asked the whole room, I said, you know, we talk about all this infighting in our party, but can we agree on two things? Can we agree that we like what's happening nationally? We totally we're all in on what's happening nationally. Everybody went whoay, yay, And then I said, all right, can we all agree that we don't like what's happening in Colorado?
Speaker 3: And everybody went yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, you guys, we all just agreed on two really really big things and the other twenty percent, as Ronald Reagan said, doesn't matter. So that was one of my favorite moments of this morning, of the breakfast and really getting through to people like, we have so much to agree on, we have so much good stuff to sell, our ideas and principles to the people of Colorado just need to get together and do it. So we're gonna come back after the break with my friend Lenn Gerber and talk all about in politics.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 2: That was great choice in music, Ryan, we love our doggies and kiddies. I mean, at least all my friends and people I hang out with do. And something that I'm very proud of in my career is I launched Camp Bowow back in two thousand and grew it to the largest pet care franchise in the country with I think now they have over two hundred locations, and that's really what got me launched in politics too. I got really frustrated about the government getting in the way of helping my franchisees grow and starting new businesses and hiring more people. It was insane. But the other cool thing that we did was start the bow Wow Buddies Foundation, which was the charity arm of Camp Bowow and we were able to rescue over ten thousand dogs over ten years through rescue or fostering them at the local camp since the camps would let them hang out there while they got a home and my franchises were just amazing. They fostered so many dogs and just created just an adoption machine out of the whole franchise. And so Lynn Gerber and I Lynn is a dear friend of mine. We met not on the dog front, we met in politics and we got to be fast friends. And then I found out what an incredible heart she has for rescuing animals. And I want to bring Lynn on now and let her tell you a little bit about her story because it's pretty amazing. And we're going to tell you some pretty amazing things about Colorado and how off the rails it is when it comes to animal rescue and how we can fix things. Lynn, welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Heidi camp Be.
Speaker 3: Wow, I love you, Oh, thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm hanging out with dogs was really cool way to build a business.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: And why going from dogs to politics that was kind of, you know, a crazy transition, but it's helpful in what we're going to talk about now. Lynn, I think our background of politics helps us fight these battles for all these amazing dogs that need help. So I want you to tell folks a little bit about your background and how you got to this.
Speaker 5: Point, well, well, I never thought of ever being in politics, but I ran present it in twenty twenty because I was so passionate about these dogs and what happens to our community of animal lovers. So that began my journey in politics and dogs. Currently, I'm the community engagement director for Positive Pathways and I work in rural Colorado. We're a licensed a nonprofit and we work with homeless, at risk dogs in underserved areas in Colorado and New Mexico. So that's my heart's work, along with Good Dog Good Life. As a digital creator.
Speaker 2: You are becoming quite the influencer on social media. Your Facebook page, I think you have how many followers? Sixty thousand followers now, yah, we're.
Speaker 5: Going to hit sixty here and we're just up and running on YouTube. Thank you for your support on that, Heidi.
Speaker 2: Sure. And so it's called Good Dogs, Good Life. They're on YouTube, Facebook and TikTok. You've got to go check it out. Especially if you love dogs. You're going to love what they're doing.
Speaker 5: It's Good Dog Good Life on TikTok, YouTube and Facebook. Yeah, says Hidi.
Speaker 2: Great, I'm going to tweet out about it later and with all the links and posted on Facebook, et cetera. But we have got of an urgent crisis in Colorado right now, and it's been building for a few years, and we've talked about it, written about it, advocated for policy to stop what's going on. But I gave these tidbits earlier in the show Lynn that in twenty twenty four alone, six thousand animals were euthanized in shelters in Colorado and Denver now ranks fifth nationally in shelter ethan asia rates. What on earth has happened to create this mess?
Speaker 5: Wow? Yes, that is accurate. The numbers just came out. Well, housing people surrendering animals, and unfortunately, we import so many animals into Colorado with rescues you know, with names fit in for it. There are Colorado based rescues, which they're not a lot of reasons. I'm not sure how much you want to go into all that, but one hundred and sixty three thousand dogs and most puppies were imported into Colorado in the last six years.
Speaker 3: And then tell me.
Speaker 2: If this is kind of the bare bones way to describe how this happens. We have puppy mills around the country, or there's organizations that will take in puppies from rescues. They import them into Colorado, and some of these rescues work as nonprofits, but they make a lot of money because they charge like thousand dollars adoption fees. They call it retail rescue. And so you think you're a opting a puppy that's been you know, dumped on the side of the road, and actually it's been very intentional where they bring them here and they can adopt these dogs out for very high fees. Is that an accurate way to describe what's been happening.
Speaker 5: Well, I think puppy mills are a separate issue. But what we do have is we have a lot of dogs, mostly from Texas, that come in. They're free. There's no you know, there's no transaction with dollars. They come from shelters there there is great need in our states and we're a great state for importation. So that is what happens the rescues. A lot of our large importers are importing, they're getting free dogs, bringing them in for all kinds of different reasons, and it really boils down to dollars dogs or dollars dogs or commodities, and unfortunately Colorado has gotten out of hand.
Speaker 2: So when you say dogs are dollars, like I described one way that nefarious actors are bad actors make money off of this animal rescue world, what's another way, like to give us a couple other examples of how they're imported. Well, no, how people make money off this? Like how this Like it's just amazing to me the amount of money that's in like the rescue space and the shelter space, and a lot of people are making money off of ways they shouldn't be, like their heart's not in it for the right reasons.
Speaker 5: Well, I think to kind of sumb it up is that you have many small rescues in Colorado that do amazing work. But when you have rescues that we have, I don't know, probably fifteen plus that bring in, you know, hundreds and hundreds of puppies and dogs that from other states, we really don't know what's coming into our state. And a lot of the dogs, the puppies are picked over. Sometimes the dogs are bundled, and many of the dogs end up in boarding and we're basically just it becomes a dollar. I don't think some people start out, you know, with good intentions, but I think they see how much money can be made. So we have dogs warehouse, we have dogs you know that are food food dogs. And what's sad is that we have a lot of rescues that in for you're adopting a dog from a Colorado rescue and in fact you're not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's been my pot That's what I've written on before in the past, is these retail rescues and how these nonprofits that rescue dogs quote unquote make They get huge donations and huge investments by people, good people who think they're doing the right things. And then there's the flip side, which we're going to talk more about after the break, but the political side of it and what's happening in Colorado politically and how we went from being one of the best states for animal rescue and low euthanasia rates to being one of the worst. A lot of it has to do with legislation or policy. Is that correct line?
Speaker 5: Well, I you know what's happened right now is because Denver is saturated in the cost of living that because a lot of our rescues, we would like to see them help and support our shelters, our municipal shelters. So what's happening is that municipal shelters and rowers where we work in we cannot compete with the puppies and the food food dogs, and so what happens is they get surrendered to the shelter when there's not space, or you have behavioral issues, or you just you know, they have there's nothing they can do. A rescue is supposed to support, and we would like to see our Colorado rescues support our shelters and not. You know, it's just it's sad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think right now, we've got to take care of our own pups that need homes, albiodies, and you know, God bless the other states that need help, but we've got to figure this out in Colorado. So Lynn, we're going to bring you back after the break to ask a couple more questions about the political side of this. This is Heidigan All filling in for Dan Capless. We'll be back right after the break.
Speaker 3: And now back to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast and Capitalists.
Speaker 2: And I have my friend Lyn Gerber, who's been pretty politically active in Colorado but also just a warrior for rescue animals across the state and doing wonderful work. And I'm going to share out her information on her organization and how to follow her on Facebook, YouTube, and TikTok later online. But Lynn, there's a few things that I think people can do fundamentally to help with this overpopulation problem and our packed shelters and euthanasian problem here in Colorado. One is make sure that your pets are spayed and neutered number two vet no pun intended the rest before you adopt an animal, and make sure they have a good reputation, that they're doing it for the right reasons, there aren't exorbitant fees involved. And then finally donate and volunteer with the good ones. That leaves out the political side of things. So I want you to explain to people real quickly who oversees our shelters and rescues in Colorado and where there might be some gaps or why we might need to ask our legislators to do more.
Speaker 5: Okay, the key is Jared Polis, our governor did nat a division of animal welfare where the only state in the nation that has a division, And what we would like to see the governor and Act is stronger enforcement through your here's regulatory agency view of animal protection and pass a Pet Animal Care Facility Act. We would love to see the governor be more involved and enforcement of animals that are being abeers and rescues that are taking advantage of our consumers.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I was looking at the numbers. There were two hundred and seventeen PAKFA violations over five years. One hundred and fifty seven were direct and one hundred and sixty seven licensed rescues were cited for PAKFA violations in a single year. And that's very telling. And they don't have a big staff at Pakfast, so that's a lot of citations for a small team. Is that correct?
Speaker 5: Well when you consider there as close to three thousand licensees in Colorado. Wow, thereby of the compliants come in on the rescues and the rescues. I caution people just because people call themselves a rescue does not necessarily mean their rescues. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's one of the key things that I've learned from you and that I want our listeners to take away is don't believe just because it says on Facebook or pet Finder or the flyer that they're a rescue. There are amazing animals that good rescues all over this state and good shelters that are being cared for and waiting for a home. And I'm not saying the ones that are with not good actors are you know, shouldn't be adopted. They should, but we don't want you taken advantage of and we don't want you kind of keeping this system going right and feeding the machine. Is that a good way to say it in exactly?
Speaker 5: And I would love to see people write our governor and demand transparency, demand that we protect and our consumers from whistleblowers. The industry is so money motivated and some of these rescues are making so much money they are intimidating for our consumers to fosters. And I would like to see our state we used to be the later and leader in the nation. We still are in many respects, but we need to protect Patta. But Patta and a Governe government needs to get on the ball. They need to start dealing with the bad actors and publicly. I started the violations and inspection reports were posted. That has to be made available to the public.
Speaker 2: And it's not right now. No that's crazy, Like, I don't understand why not? Why why wouldn't.
Speaker 5: They You count a lot of these people have attorneys and it's litigation, and unfortunately PATA has really stepped it up lately and they have really taken some people to task. But they have a limited budget, budget, limited resources, and you know, times are tough, so don't have in a point an animal division and not in act change. So get going, Jared on your last year and path get you know, strengthen and strength. We have an advisory committee and we would love to see those people more engaged instead of just seat warmers. We would love to see the committee, the advisory committee that advises the Department of Bag Advice and become involved.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Lynn, I think I applied to be on that committee, but for some reason Jared did post didn't put me on the committee. I don't understand. Oh no, I know politics comes into play there.
Speaker 5: Well, it is very political. Having people need to know dogs and dollars dogs or a commodity. And we have to protect our great, amazing shelters. We have the best municipal shelters and our small rescues that get hurt by these big players get play big they have attorneys, and they are our betoners, and they're intimidators and it has to stop.
Speaker 2: Well, and I'm going to do a follow up to this interview. We're going to post this interview on Rocky Mountain Voice, but I'm also going to do a follow up article where we're going to detail some places and ways people can find out who those bad actors are and hold them accountable and ask the governor and his division and his advisory committee to do this. So I'm with you in this fight. I know there's lots of animal lovers across this state that are in this with you, and we'll get the job done. But thank you for all you do. Lynn. We so appreciate you, and keep up the great work and I will share your social connections later on on social media.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Hatty, And can I just ask for one big ask here?
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 5: We currently are in rural Colorado. Our program works with all rural areas and we are in desperate need of food. I just posted on our social media Positive Pathways on my personal page, we really need food. We are undershirt, we are in rural Colorado. We do the tapest work in the state in rural Colorado, and we have an amazing team from Pueblo all the way south east and southwest. We could sure you some help that.
Speaker 2: I would love to get the word out about that. Lynn. How can people donate? Do you guys have a website?
Speaker 5: We do Positive Pathways CEO for Colorado dot com.
Speaker 2: And that's positive pa w s a d iv YEP. All right, Positive Pathways dot COO. Is that correct?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: Positive Pathways COO Colorado dot com.
Speaker 3: Got it? Got it? All right? Great?
Speaker 2: I will post that link later.
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 2: Lynn. I'm gonna talk about one quick thing before we go to break, but I appreciate you being on the show and we'll follow up with a written article as well.
Speaker 5: Thank you for your amazing work. We appreciate it. Thank you.
Speaker 3: No worries, guys.
Speaker 2: Real quick, I want to celebrate the Beagle Testing Lab getting shut down. What a great thing that President Trump did. I'm very proud of him. I think that's awesome.
Speaker 3: So I want to a dupe one. Oh Kelly, I do you need to? I know I think you need to.
Speaker 2: I'll find it for you. I'll find it by the end of the break, I promise