Speaker 1: Which position will fall during tonight's draft this evening, how is the latest news around the NFL affecting ADP and which one of these twelve drafters might win the million dollar grand prize in the FFPC Big Gorilla This year, We've got a great show for you tonight live coverage of the f FPC Big Gorilla Draft. Twelve players duking about to try to win a million bucks. Uh. Farrel Elliott is year. I'm Eric Balkman. Stick around. Your high Stakes Fantasy Football Hours starts now.
Speaker 2: It's damn the pressure I've seen.
Speaker 1: Broadcast live and horder raul the world.
Speaker 3: You are now watching the most entertaining hour of radio on the planet. Welcome to the high Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by my FFPC dot com.
Speaker 1: With your hosts, Eric.
Speaker 3: Baufman and Farrell Elliott. The high Stakes Fantasy Football Hour is your home or analysis for the best players in the world at now because no one else was available. Here are Eric Boltman at Farrel Elliott.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Rob Greenings and salutations all you have alcoholics and for Elias. Welcome to the latest episode of the high Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by my f FPC dot com. I am your slightly above average host, Eric Balfman. My co host is the definitive Commissioner of Fantasy Football, mister Farrell Elliott. Coming up on tonight's show, we got live coverage for you. It's the f FPC Big Gorilla. Twelve players are duking it out to try to win a million bucks in the FFPC Big Gorilla competition this year. Listen, if you want to join in, you definitely could compete against these not these twelve drafters tonight, you can definitely compete in the Big Gorilla. We have three hundred fifty dollars entry fee for this contest. You get fifty dollars discount on every third team you sign up for. Drafts already going with live and slow. We have six second, two hour and six hour clocks. The seven Bananas promo is still live, so check that out via given away two main event and I think eighteen free best Ball teams because of that promo. You could definitely check that out. Join the FFPC main event as well. It's our flag Ship event, million dollars grand prize, six million dollar plus prize pool. Slow drafts and live drafts going on right now. FFPC Best Ball and super Flex Bestball tournaments going on as well. My FFPC dot com is where to go for that three thousand, one hundred thousand dollars grand prizes respectively. On that and of course a dynasty startups still going strong my ffpc dot com. You want to play for one hundred bucks. Although we have to five thousand, we've had two thousand plus leagues and fifteen years none have ever folded. Remember to like this video, subscribe to the channel, comment on the video, share it with your friends, share with your enemies, and get notified each and every time we go live without further ado, I'll bring in my good buddy Farrell Elliott here tonight, Pharaoh. Good Monday evening to you. So glad. I feel like we just did this. We ended last week and now we're starting off this week.
Speaker 2: For the viewers, Bulky, it's always a desert of desolation when I'm not talking to you. The quicker, I can get there, the ba here. I am all right, guy, Kevin here is checking in. He says, hello, Kevin from Louisville. What do you think about that, Bulky?
Speaker 1: We got to get him to Kentucky. Well, he's already in there. We got to get him to the main event and the live events. Uh, for sure, I'm writing down Desert of What did you say, Desert of Desolation. Yes, it's gonna be one of my kf FSC team names.
Speaker 2: Very good.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, and Henry Muda already pointing out Pross and Joe's but four to five weeks away. You indeed are correct, Henry.
Speaker 2: It is Henry is a Joe though right.
Speaker 1: Henry is not a Joe this year. He has been a Joe in the past.
Speaker 2: You know, these guys keep switching allegiances and teams with me. I just I you know, I just did that. I don't know how we can get a identification that's your permanent identification. Uh, going on there, Henry, you were you'll always be a Joe in my heart.
Speaker 1: Let's yes and and uh and he is, He's always and he's one of the great players there.
Speaker 2: See what he said?
Speaker 1: I am always as the damn Henry Mudo, I am always.
Speaker 2: I spoke to one of my favorite Joes just before we went on air from Los Angeles, Derek Greer. Oh yeah, this conversation with Derek. I don't know why I can't seem to get comfortable. Tonight I'm bringing in. I'm gonna do some work on my background Booky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got a.
Speaker 2: Giant, oversized and long, beautiful rendition of the King Kong posters, So I'm gonna bring that in. Every time we talk about the Big Gorilla and we do a little bit of a deck core.
Speaker 1: Back, that's gonna look good. Barrel, that's grand.
Speaker 2: We want to push the Big Gorilla.
Speaker 3: We do.
Speaker 1: We do, but not too hard because then you anger the Big Gorilla and then you don't get the million.
Speaker 2: Big Gorilla is always happy. When players are coming.
Speaker 1: You gotta you gotta nudge him. And twelve players are nudging them tonight.
Speaker 2: We got them.
Speaker 1: We got them all in the in the draft room right now. I'm gonna take you through the first round. It's almost complete. Tom Turney, that is Tom Chiefs eleven. He is drafting from the one spot. He takes Bjon Robinson tonight and then slappy seconds James Russell goes with Jamiir Gibbs, Biff Tannon. That's our good buddy. Colin Hoffman, the pride of Appleton, Wisconsin. Well, one of the prides of Appleton was a lot of He's he's there's there are a lot of them. He is in the three spot tonight, he takes Jamar Chase Hale Yeah is a Joe from last year, Sean Green along with Michael Serpico and April Balisquita. Uh. They are running hail yeah and they take They probably said Hel yeah when they got Brock Bauers. At the one oh four tonight, ali Yussefhel is going to be drafting fifth. He takes Justin Jefferson. That's a Y two two Ceedee Lamb goes to the Football Nerd aka Robert Morelli. Chris m goes with Saquon Barkley. At the one oh seven, we got the Funky Freshie's former guest not only this show but the road of his high stakes lowdown. Jared Hines takes Malik Neighbors. At the one o eight JS nine is Jason Shones team. He goes with Ashton Genty, the rookie running back is the fourth running back taken in the first round. Kukakua is the first round pick of Pennix and that's Thomas O'Brien's team here at the one ten commitment to excellence than drafts. Trey McBride that is owned by Kevin Harris, Louisville's own the Pride of Louisville Farrell, and then Christian McCaffrey. The eighty five Bears take him. That is Georgia Express, will just call him. The Georgia Express takes the Christian McCaffrey there at a team with pick twelve tonight. Okay, A lot to get through here, Ferrell right off the bat, I mean, I guess I don't have a problem with b Jeon Robinson at the one on one. I think most of the time we do see Jamar Chase there. But man if I think in the way things are going right now, and I don't know how you feel about this, I think one A is still going to be Chase as we get closer and closer to Louisville and Las Vegas. But one bes b Jeon Robinson. I'm actually surprised they have not seen Robinson go at the one on one more tonight we see it happen and I like it.
Speaker 2: I like it too, And I think our number two drafter has the asterisk bulky. What does the asterisk mean, mister James.
Speaker 1: Rosse, Yeah, strus either means he timed out or he put himself on auto or he yeh lined up at Q and just had the auto one.
Speaker 2: I think he lined up a Q. He assumed that Chase would be first.
Speaker 1: And he like gives better than Robinson. That's entirely possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there, that makes a little more sense. But yeah, okay, interesting start. And then the team with three owners here, you know there's there's a slam Duncan Boers.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So yeah, Bower's at one o four, Henry's already pointing out Chase at three, Barkley at seven. This draft already off the hook. It really is, I mean, and that's what's great about these drafts because for anybody who's just tuning in for the first time in the f f PC UH one quarterback, two running backs, two receivers, a tight end, two flex's kicker in defense, you can build your teams a lot of different ways. Here and Bowers goes at the one o forty to your point, Pharaoh, Saquon Barkley falls to the one oh seven. I got to bring up the mojo on on Saquon Barkley. And by the way, anytime we reference ADP on this show is always thanks be to Darren HERMANI fantasymojo dot com. If you have a f f PC teams every drafting in the ff PC, highly recommend you get a subscription to Fantasy Mojo. The stuff that he does, he won't say the stuff in season is all that great. I think the waiver wear stuff he does in season is awesome. And obviously the ADP is the stack finder looking at all the different draft boards. You can do that at fantasymojo dot com.
Speaker 2: Say funny, we need to come up with something like a DP equals DAP or something like that catchphrase to explain how our money.
Speaker 1: Is just the guy what he is, and we'll get We got to get our marketing people on that for sure. Where Steven yourgalo, so we'll get him on that. So Barkley normally as it goes at the one o five, falls a couple of spots to one oh seven tonight. No, nothing huge there, But I think anybody who is looking at what Barkley did last year would be like, oh my god, I gotta get this guy as soon as possible. And then you get him at the one oh seven. It's very exciting. Ferrell I have done. I don't want to say back to back KFFFC run the daylights, but very close. He had a live one last night and a slow one that started last week. I had the three pick in both of them. In one of them, I took Justin Jefferson after Robinson and Chase went with the first two picks with both of them, I took Barkley and one of them, I took Justin Jefferson and the other one. And I am a little nervous about Barkley this year. I know he was awesome last year, but the amount of carries and touches that he had last year at his age, I feel like I'm fine with having some Barkley, but man, I don't want to go all in with him this year. How do you feel about Barkley in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 2: You should go all in with Barkley as much as you can. And you should go all in with Henry. You know our team number nine. When I saw Jason pick a Judy, I said our GENTI Rather, I said, damn, I probably would have taken Derrick Henry there and then in the second round magic happens for him and this you know, so you have to play twelve gorillas statistically to get the number one spot. There's about ninety percent going to.
Speaker 1: Hold on Pharrell that I'm going to stop you right there, because we get people complaining if I'm understanding correctly, maybe I'm not. We get a lot of people complaining all the time that they that you know, because all the picks are randomized, so it doesn't necessarily mean over time you'll eventually get the one picker. You'll eventually get the twelve picker. It's all random so like, yeah, you could get four number three picks.
Speaker 2: Well you could have modest understanding of statistics. Means it is one through twelve that you you statistically you'll have to play in twelve gorillas to get one one if but statistically it's not randomized.
Speaker 1: Here's the best way to do it. Every time you play a big Gorilla or any league at the FFPC, you have a one and twelve shot of getting that number one pack.
Speaker 2: There you go, yeah, okay, all right. So what I'm saying is when this player gets three, a guy like a guy like Colin gets three, with his track record of winning, he all of a sudden has a very modest but real advantage to have a jamar chase it. That's all I'm saying against the field.
Speaker 1: I'll say this too, Henry mud appointing this out Jamiir Gibbs, I didn't.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I trust Henry on stuff like this for sure. He says that Gibbs is that actually outscored Robinson in PPR both years that they've been in the league. That's interesting because he.
Speaker 2: Plays for a real team with a real offense and an understanding of what's going on. Right James Carpet inside, both of them play on cars.
Speaker 1: We were wondering about that auto pick at the at the two spot. James Russell says, it means that Astris means he was showering, So there you go. That's why he got.
Speaker 2: Ben Russell is the cleanest man in this draft. And that's what I really love about Ben Russell. He's coming to clean.
Speaker 1: And and he and he said he did want Gibbs. That was the correct pick there to go. And that's fine too, Like I'm not. I think it's fine. We were. I brought this up on the show too, THEO Greminger said from fantasy points, and I apologize if I'm beating this into the ground, but he's he's been saying, and he hasn't said it in a couple of months, but he said back in January February he wasn't be surprised, wouldn't be surprised if Gibbs went one oh one in a few Big Gorillas and FFPC made events this year. So the one o two for Gibbs I think is absolutely fine. Jared Hines also pointing pointing out that the two oh one with Bucky Irving tonight, that's the earliest he's seen him go so far. Bucky Irving, according to Mojo over the last three days, this is about two dozen Big Gorilla drafts. The earliest he went is two oh three, So this indeed is the earliest tonight. The eighty five Bears taking McCaffrey and Irving h to start off tonight. Okay, let's see here, Yeah, let's go to two oh Hold on Kevin Harris chiming in right now, Pharaoh, to refresh our memory. He's the one that did the two co owners with him for a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: Kevin took last year off. They were doing some traveling. It's a great trio. I love the guys. We just got to get Kevin back in.
Speaker 1: The building, Bucky Irving, as we said, went at the two to oh one tonight, A Monross, Saint Brown, Brian Thomas off the board at two o two, two oh three, Henry and a Chan Henry going. How about this for both ends of the spectrum here for a shown I think that was shown right, h Yeah, Jason Shoan takes the rookie of Genty and the ageless Derek Henry to start off his draft Genty and Henry. That's an interesting start. I mentioned a chan Nico Collins ends up going to Chris Am. You have Josh Jacobs going with CD lantam Morelli here and then three straight receivers. We got Drake London going to ali Ucephel then aj Brown to Green Circco and Belascata and uh Balasquita excuse me, Lad McConkie, George Kill and Chase Brown and the round here tonight. I don't think anything is standing out to me in the second round. I think it's kind of cool. How you do you know the young Buck and Genty and then the old dog and Derrick Henry, and I also look at ali Ucephl's team here. Farrell from the two or from the five spot. How many targets is that right there? With Jefferson and London this year he might lead. I mean, those guys could conceivably be top two in targets. I think Lamb will get more targets than Jefferson, but still Jefferson in London. That pairing right there is is gonna be fun. What do you make a lad McConkie at the two ten? You know, last year, I don't think that they had the they had a really good offensive line. I don't know if if we're going to see a repeat performance of McConkie what we saw last year, and he was so good at the end of the season. They've added Trey Harris, They've added Najie Harris, They've added Omari and Hampton. I just feel like that backfield is so it's it's in such a better place this year then. I know, rising tide raises all ships, right, but I think that there is going to be stuff taken away from McConkie on offense where he just he might be as efficient as he was last year, but he might not see as many targets. Is my logic flawed on that?
Speaker 2: Yes, you're overthinking it. He's going to be brilliant. He's going to improve on last year, and that is a wonderful pick by calling. Yeah, this is one of my favorite players in the league. What is not to like? And how late do you have those stats from Darren? How late has McConkie gone in a draft? What's that range?
Speaker 1: So again, over the last three days, he's gone as late as the two to twelve, So this is pretty good value on him as an ADP of the two to oz eight going off the board as wide receiver ten. He's wide receiver eleven tonight, so most he's doing. I'll just say this, I don't believe that McConkie is going to be a bust this year. I just worry that people are are drafted. There's a certain opportunity cost that comes with drafting the conky and I don't know if he's going to come through with late second round ADP. He very very well could. We saw the talent on the field last year. He has a competent quarterback. My concern is the improved running back room and maybe that'll make him better or even more efficient. I don't know, but it's just something I bring up Chase.
Speaker 2: I like down in distance plays for McConkie with the kind of routes he runs, So yeah, I think better.
Speaker 1: Chase Brown was the final pick of the second round tonight. That is Tom's Chiefs taking him right there, owned by Tom Turney, by Jon Robinson and Chase Brown to start off care Chase Brown avoided bullets or dodge bullets in the NFL draft, where they did not take a Day one or Day two running back to compliment him. Certainly, Zach Moss is still there. I don't know the health with Moss, and I think it was a neck injury he was dealing with. This certainly scary. TODs Brooks ends up going to the Bengals on Day three and I do like Brooks, but he is a Day three running back. You think about how efficient Brown was last year. I don't know if he lives up to that, but man, I think about that Bengals defense and it's not all that great and you got Burrow and Higgins and Chase and all these I mean, then that offense is going to have to score thirty some points a game to win games this year again. And Chase Brown seems to be seems to be the only significant player that they have in that backfield. From a fantasy sense, Are you on board with Chase Brown at the end of the second round this year? How likely is it that he is going to calm through and at least come close to what he did in twenty twenty four doing it again this season.
Speaker 2: Well, he had to take a running back receiver. He had to go, you know, had to split the two positions here as he drafted at the turn, and I would not want to wait on that position. I Chase Brown here. It's a long time before he drafts again. So I like that, and then I like what he did at receiver to pair up with that. Your spot on analysis of the Cincinnati Bengals is perfect. You said thirty points a game. Even if they did score thirty, they would lose at least five games last year because the defense gave up more than thirty five. So you're right. And Chase Brown, I don't have a number, but I think he is an improving pass catcher. I think he'll catch a lot of balls too. He's a He's a fantasy producer for a very very strange football team right now. Yeah, very talented and in fantasy they deliver in fantasy. But it's it's it's a weird team and a weird division with a Yeah, it's just just weird.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you have any insight into this, and if you don't, that's fine. But I know Trey Hendrickson wanted a new deal and he has not gotten one yet. And then the Bengals went out and utilized their first round pick on. I think it is a Shamar Stewart is that the.
Speaker 2: Name right doesn't have a deal either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and and he kind of he left Mini camp right, which I thought was interesting. And now Hendrickson and the Bengals are negotiating again at the table negotiating a new deal. What do you think is going to happen here with Hendrickson and and Shamar Stewart? Are they are they going to play for the Bengals this year?
Speaker 2: The Bengals have turned back the clock with language. You know, it's all about language in a contract. The collective bargaining and Agreement negotiates a standard contract, but agents on behalf of the team negotiate the individual language. And there are some things that have not been in Cincinnati Bengal contracts that other teams have utilized, which we try to stare clear of in the agent community. Consequently, the Bengals are trying to put that kind of language. They're they're running against the tide, trying to put that kind of language in the contracts. And that's so that's why the first round draft pick left now. Hendrickson, to me, is the most underrated player that we've seen in the NFL for years, and if we if we drafted individual defensive players, he would be at the top of the list. And it's it blows my mind. I kind of would love to see him play somewhere else because I would like to have a fantasy defense with him playing on it. And Cincinnati, especially with rules like we have in Kentucky. At Cincinnati, you can't afford to start that team because they give up so many points. But Hendrickson is it, just a fantastic player. So I don't know, I'm going to try to get these deals done, and I don't know why it's taken so long. You hope for an intersection of business and football somewhere along the way, but it seems to always get a little a little frustrated and a little bit misdirected in Cincinnati, So we'll have to see.
Speaker 1: There is a huge sentiment in northeast Wisconsin Farrell of wanting the Packers to find a way to get Trey Hendrickson.
Speaker 2: Well, they should, and so should thirty other teams. You know, he's not going to go back to the Saints. So let's say twenty nine.
Speaker 1: What do you make of Breese Hall here at the three to zero five tonight, that's ali Yussefhl's first running back that he takes, pairs it with Jefferson in London. Brees Hall is a player that started off high, then he slipped, and I think he's kind of making a little bit of a comeback now on average three oh seven, So not all that different from adp tonight, Pharrell. I guess I recognize the talent. I just I don't know why, and I know it's a new coaching staff. I was just really surprised at how much Braylen Allen and Isaiah Davis, who, by the way, has gotten the attention to the new coaching staff, and they've been talking up Isaiah Davis this offseason as well. I just I'm still a little bit nervous of a nonsensical sort of running back by committee there where Hall should be the guy. But I just feel like they're gonna use Allen and Davis significantly as well. Is that how you see that situation?
Speaker 2: I don't know, and I will defer to your assessment of it. I thought always early on that Breese Hall was is drafted up, was inflated due to what was going on in the team. I remained hopeful, but I never drafted him because he was Now I'm all for it, and I think he might be going a little later he is. Let's we're gonna have to take away and see you approach. I cannot imagine having Breisee Hall on my roster and not putting the ball in his hand. Yeah, exact stranger things have happened.
Speaker 1: The pick at three oh seven tonight, that's chrism. He goes Nico Collins at two six, doubles up with Tyreek Hill wide receiver, wide receiver at the three oh seven right, I mean, just just right at his ADP. This is a player that we saw and we talked about it on the show quite a bit, where the emphasis got to be let's keep to a tongue of by loa upright in the pocket and we're gonna get the ball to Johnny Smith and Devon a Chan fast. Then we hear the Beat reports. I was talking with Joe Joe Dolan from Fantasy Points about this and Insider Access last Thursday. We hear the Beat reporters saying that they want to get tongue of by Loa. The ball out of his hands been quicker this year, and he was already the fastest in the NFL last year. To me, this doesn't bode well for tyreek Hill. It doesn't bode well for Jalen Waddle as well that Ammy offense. I mean, this could be the last year of Mike McDaniel and they might do a change over there. It just doesn't seem to be working at this point. But tyreek Hill, this is as late as he's gone in years three oh seven. For him, I've already taken the bait and bit that hook in KFFSC. Whether that was a good thing or not, I don't know. But I got Tyreek Hill as my third receiver in a league where I started off with three straight receivers. I remain cautiously optimistic, but also recognizing he's not a young man anymore either. Where do you fall in on Tyreek Hill.
Speaker 2: I would probably take that player there too. This will be the interesting team to watch throughout the draft, because you know, maybe he's trying to win this whole thing, and he may be thinking beyond this twelve team division. There might be sure things that come after him. A more conservative man might have taking t Higgins. I love this team and it's hard to root against Tyreek Hill and to bet against the Tyreek Hill. And even if Tyreek Hill is a lesser player, he's still you know, now you go up around and say Tyreek Hill is my number two receiver, and he's got a running back that is that gets twenty to thirty percent more action than any other running back in the league. You know, I like where he's going with this team.
Speaker 1: Alvin Kamara has an ADP of the four to eight. He goes all the way up to the three eleven, and far be it from me to criticize that pick for being an overdraft because that is Kevin Harris's commitment to excellence team. And if he's committed to excellence, he obviously believes Kamara is going to be excellent this year. I have Kamara on a couple of teams Farrell, but I haven't really gone all in. Would not that I would go all in with Kamara, but I haven't gone hog wild with Kamara. Concerned about that offense with New Orleans and Tyler Shook new head coach and Kellen Moore, are they still going to be able to keep some fantasy relevant pieces down there? And I guess Kamara is the guy I'd be most concerned about. Is this a type of guy that could actually flourish with Shook dumping the ball off to him. How do you feel about Kamara?
Speaker 2: Yes, Kamara can do anything as long as he's healthy, and they put the ball into his hands, and they will have to do it with this quarterback. Now, this a rookie quarterback, is going to be a learning curve, but he does make all the throws. It's going to get better later in the year, but they will have to lean on Kamara to start this year. I very very much like it. I like what Harris is doing here. These are some of it. I want to talk about his fourth round pick when you review the fourth round. I want to come back to this because I very much like the team that he's putting together here, and it's This is example of why I like the right side of the board in FFPC play this year more than I like the early picks. So I'll be rooting. I'll be rooting when my numbers come up that I'll get some late picks.
Speaker 1: Harris chiming in with us that they think Kamara is going to be the bulk of the Saints offense and Kellen Moore is a plus head coach, former offensive coordinator. I believe that, Yeah, as a plus head coach as he's a former offensive coordinator. I think I'm reading that right. And then John Terry presenting the rebuttal here Farrell Saints offense will stink.
Speaker 2: And John is want John wants to talk NFL when we're talking fantasy, and John wants to talk fantasy when we're talking NFL. And that's why I love him. He's a great contrarian. It doesn't matter if it stinks. Kamara could still have twelve hundred yards rushing and six hundred seven hundred yards catching and sixty catches and multiple touchdowns. Yeah, the offense is going to stink because it's going to have a rookie quarterback running. But you know what, you might say that the there's a lot of talk every year about the Jacksonville Jaguars. Where's Thomas going in this draft?
Speaker 1: Bryan Thomas went tonight at the trough three.
Speaker 2: Okay, Brian Thomas goes at the two to three. Well, I'll tell you what. The Jacksonville Jags offense stinks last you know. But but you're.
Speaker 1: More bullish on the Jags offense this year than the Saints offense this year.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, I'm bullish on the quarterback because I think he can't get any worse because he has been better. The quarterback's been in trouble for the last fifteen games. I think he's one about oh I don't know less, maybe one about four or five of him. He's thrown very few touchdowns. Stretch it out to twenty games, you might get fifteen touchdowns. So let's don't let's don't just look at the quarterback position because you might take the same position, you know, the same situation in evaluating your Jacksonville Jags.
Speaker 1: John Terry also chiming in on YouTube, an offense that will not stink is Buffalo's this year. He says, Josh Allen value tonight four to eight for Josh Allen tonight, he goes who ended up taking him? That was oh Ali useppl ends up taking Josh Allen. There. His ADP, according to Mojo, is three h nine and Ali gets well, I mean quite frankly, I said at the top of the show, what position are we going to see fall tonight? Clearly it's the quarterbacks. Jayden Daniels the first quarterback off the board to Pennix Envy. Then you have Lamar Jackson going to Chris m here, and then Josh Allen the third quarterback off the board. Jalen Hurts has now gone in the fifth round, so good value on Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson fair. I think the receivers is the one that gets pushed up. And I've been dealing with this in Kentucky over the last few weeks. Like I see all this yellow, and I know in Kentucky you gotta start three receivers, so I know they're going to be pushed up. But at the same time, you have to be able to roll with the punches here, and I think the teams are rolling with the punches. Maybe some of these quarterbacks slipped a little where maybe some of them had you know, these quarterbacks maybe going to him at the end of the second, maybe the middle of the third, and then they couldn't do it because all these receivers are going off the board here to it. Quite frankly, the running backs as well get pushed up a little bit tonight. But I think that that's one of the things. Especially I'm drafting a lot in Kentucky, more than I've done before, and one of the things I'm learning this year is how important it is to understand not only what every draft is different. I get that, but understand not only where players normally go, but then where the positions are being pushed up or falling, because you have to roll with those punches in order to get really good value. I have a draft going in Kentucky right now where I feel like I drafted receivers where I should have drafted a running back, and I drafted running backs where I should have drafted receivers, and I'm still cobbling together a good team. I just don't know if I'm getting the proper value. But that's one of those things. You've been playing fantasy football for forever too. That's part of the art of it rather than the science of it exactly.
Speaker 2: And I love you know, my John Terry. You know, he comes in and he puts on as captain obvious and he says, Allen's of value. All these quarterbacks are value with where they're going. I think when it comes down, who do you prefer Bulky, Jackson or Allen? So you know, probably you can't. You can't decide, So you you might go fifty to fifty if you play it and you're in that situation. It our drafter tonight. Well we can further evaluate the quarterbacks. But I I really love what some of these teams are doing. I feel that the running back position has depth this year. It has a lot of guys that must step up their game to stay in the league and be successful. Pollard must step up his game. Williams at Dallas must step up his game. What do you what do you whatever? You think it's going to look like with the Chargers, those guys must step up their game. Najie Harris must be the force that everybody expects him to be. So when you get into the later rounds, you can draft running backs whose career depends on them having a very, very big year. So that's why I might lean at this time of year, a little heavier wide receiver.
Speaker 1: Right, and it makes sense. I mean that that that your logic is not flawed. I want to uh bring on our first guest of the evening here the guest. We have a guess. Yeah, well we'll see. Uh, we'll see how many pop on tonight. But I wanted to give the opportunity for some of the drafters to come on and chat about their draft with us.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: This guy has been on this show before. He's been on the road of his high stakes lowdown multiple times as well at Ship Underscore Chaser on x Is where you can follow him and a guy that's no stranger to winning league titles. He's drafting out of the eighth spot tonight. We welcome him in the Funky Freshees Owner mister Jared Hines, Jared Good evening man. How are you?
Speaker 4: Hey, good Bucky? How you doing man?
Speaker 1: We're doing excellent. We're excited to be covering your draft tonight. You ended up drawing the eighth spot. You're coming up on your pick here, but five rounds in, how well do you feel about your squad? With neighbors eh Chan Smith and Jigba Henderson and Caleb Johnson.
Speaker 4: I feel pretty good about it so far. I like the running backs here.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of youth on your team too. You're looking at two rookie running backs. You got a couple of third year players, a second year player in neighbors. And I always say that Jared, it's a young man's game, and went in doubt. I usually go with the young guys rather than the grizzled vets.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's probably a bit of a bias somewhat because of the dynasty background, but it comes to the running back position in particular, but also like second and third year wide receivers. I mean that's sort of an infamous, you know, breakout category to target neighbors is a second year wide receiver. But I mean he's already broken out, like JSN is gonna get a thousand targets in Seattle. Now that Metcalf is out of there and walk it is gone, I'm just about on deck here. But yeah, the running back landscape, you know, you guys were just talking about that.
Speaker 4: Let's see, I'm on the clock, went Burrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so right now, well I'll let you think about this. We're talking about with Jared Hines here he's team eight. He's on the clock right now. He went now Neighbors eight, chan to start Smith and Jigba, Henderson and Johnson. So he's got three running backs, he's got two receivers. Joe Burrow was the previous pick by I beg your pardon, Chase shown Sorry, I don't know, I'm stumbling over my names. Tonight, and the pick is in for Jared Hines. It's the twenty eighth receiver off the board. He joins Neighbors and Smith and Jigba on your team. Why was the pick Jared Jamison Williams.
Speaker 5: Well, so far I have him on one hundred percent of my biggers. I don't see that necessarily changing. No, I mean, I know better than to be that heavy on anyone player, you know what I mean. It's just like kind of a no brainer there. I can't say none of.
Speaker 2: That, just cannot say.
Speaker 1: No. What is it about Williams this year? And obviously you know that you got him at kind of a deal tonight. He normally goes at five to ten. You get him at six oh five normally, well, yeah, so he's normally wide receiver twenty seven. You get him as the twentieth. What is it about Williams this year that has you really peaked that this guy is is could be potentially be a league winner.
Speaker 5: Well, sure, obviously that Detroit offense has, you know, just tons of firepower. We know they have a new offensive coordinator, so that's a pretty big question mark. But as far as getting value on him tonight relative to what he's been going at, he's already been going too late to begin with, So even if you reached form a little bit, you're probably still getting value. To be honest, I mean, you know, I just think he showed last year how big of a part of that offense he's going to command, and he's going to continue to command it. It's pretty hard to bet against a guy like him and raw or even report of bouncing back. So there's gonna be some variability from week to week. But there's another aspect of this, which is something I always think about. In these big gorilla type drafts, are the main events, and that's, uh, let's look beyond it. Okay, we're trying to win a million dollar prize and so you have to have a unique combination of players. You have to you have to figure out where that you know, lucky combination is in those last three weeks, and Jamison Williams is one of those guys that's in a position where he could go off for forty points on anyone given week, and so I'm like, well, you know, I'd rather have them in my team than not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you better getting before someone's stacking with more of the detroits you don't want to letting. You are so hot for Williams that you have the fan on high and it is oscillating.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: I love what you're doing there, bro, I mean, whiskey Bill is always a great pick. Are you coming live this year to Paris to draft at Paris Las Vegas in the FFBC?
Speaker 4: No, it doesn't look like And I got to do that last year though. That was that was really a blast.
Speaker 5: That was the first time I got to do that and uh retally looking forward to doing that again.
Speaker 2: Well, you have the rest of the summer to change your mind. It will must point out to you that you, uh that one of the one of the great aspects of that hotel is they have air conditioning, and we need you, we need you out there.
Speaker 1: So come on, Jared, I want to I want to go to a question from YouTube for you tonight, and it's about Trevian Henderson. John Terry wants to know why you're so optimistic on him.
Speaker 2: And when I.
Speaker 1: Looked at that and like, well, I like Henderson quite a bit too. H His ADP in The Big Gorilla normally is at five oh six. I guess it's maybe a fifty to fifty shot if you wait for him to try to come back to you in the fifth round. You decided not forget that, I'm gonna grab him here tonight at the four oh five. What was the reasoning, Like, why do you like Henderson? Maybe already just at locked in on getting him there and you didn't want to wait to see if he's slipped to you at the fifth No.
Speaker 5: That's a fair question. I know I reached for him there, and it had a little bit more to do with a portfolio perspective. But I have a lot of Hampton, who was sort of my other choice right there, who's probably a little bit closer to ADP, but he also has the week twelve by with Atan.
Speaker 4: I'm like, man, I ay doing that to myself Henderson.
Speaker 5: I know I could have waited, and you know, like he might there's a chance Hanton comes back to me. I didn't think so, but I like Harvey and Caleb Johnson right there coming back to me as well, with you know, being fairly certain, I was going to take another running back on the way back, not super in love with the wide receivers after Henderson there on the board, and I thought I might get lucky waiting on Hurts at quarterback.
Speaker 1: But it's such as life. He did not make it. Bet, Yeah, that's okay. So and then Derek Greer, our buddy on YouTube already said, with the neighbors and JSN picks at in the first and third round, you have what he is dubbing the God com Neighbors JSN, he's calling it the God combos And congratulations to you there. I'll give you give you another strategy question. Shoot this at Jared Scott, Kobe Chumming and do you guys have a plan from each part of the draft picks slipt one through four, picks five, three, picks nine through twelve. Is it the same or does a change based on your on your slot. And I'll let you give your thoughts on this because I have some as well.
Speaker 4: Well. I approach every season a little bit differently.
Speaker 5: From the standpoint of I try to get a really good read of the tea leaves of the landscape, Like I really really feel running back is it's a kind of different animal this year. Quarterback is kind of a new animal too in some ways. And so you know that's gonna Well, I might have answered that question more directly a year ago, I would give maybe a different answer this year and so forth. So I start from kind of a bigger picture. But yeah, you guys are talking about liking the back half of the drafts. I don't disagree. I don't know if I have a preference yet. I just know I don't really like waiting on running back from anywhere the way I usually do most seasons. I do think there's gonna be a lot of good running backs to take later. You know, It's like you wanted to go with like, say zero running back approach or anchor running back or something like that, but.
Speaker 4: I haven't. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think you guys need it on the head a few minutes ago about there's gonna be some veteran running backs that have to step up their game to keep their jobs. And I think that's gonna be an interesting battle to witness, Like, I think a lot of them are going to.
Speaker 4: Be able to step it up and keep their jobs.
Speaker 5: The Aaron Jones, the James Connor, et cetera. And yeah, I'm just not sure how confident I really am in like the rookies the way I have been in past years, the later round rookies, the Day three rookies.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think the other thing to keep in mind here too is and I've been listening to a lot of podcasts and shows about draft strategy and what we saw last year. Jared, you probably witnessed this as well. I think a lot more teams went zero RB last year, maybe more than we've ever seen. And then what happened at the end of the year. It was a bad year to go zero RB, because you know, because a lot of these running backs stayed healthy and and those and those backups didn't hit. And yeah, yeah, and I'll let you make your pick here too, and then I want to finish this, finish this thought. You just went Jamison Williams here in the last round at the six oh five, Scott Hoyt chiming in that he really loved that pick. So we saw a lot of love on YouTube for this pick. Right here. It's a situation where Jared can go any which way.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 1: He's got three running backs, He's got through receivers. He could make a strength stronger with a fourth one at either one of those picks, the right quarterbacks. There's six quarterbacks off the board right now. There's eight tight ends off the board, and that's what you decided to go with here, Jared, the funky Freshie's welcome in their top tight end and that's Mark Andrews.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: Can you take us through the thought process here of why Andrews was the pick, despite John Harbaugh talking to Isaiah likely to the movie always.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, there's likely, there's Flowers, there's even Bateman just signed a big contract and he's capable having big games too. I me know, Dereck Henry is going to command a lot of touches. That offense is incredible. Mark Andrews is still I think in his physical prime. There's no reason why he's not going to be the top red zone target by a pretty wide margin. I think he was actually one number one or two in the league last year in terms of converting red zone attempts. Like something like ninety percent of him, like eleven out of thirteen or something stupid like that. You know, I love Mark Andrews. I won a bunch of money with him when he was a rookie. I've been drafting him for many years. I think he's going too late. But also I haven't got the tight end yet. And you know, like that's a yeah, you know if I'm the weight on him on the position like I have, like I don't want to wait that long.
Speaker 2: And the old is run deep for mister Jared Hines, I you know, I grabbed my tablet. I was going to write down your pick, and then I couldn't make it. Was I thought it was a tough pick. Would you have gone well and you could.
Speaker 4: Have got I'm sorry, I ask me that one more time.
Speaker 2: Who might Smith was still on the board for you?
Speaker 4: No, he's a guy probably have zero anywhere.
Speaker 2: There you were you you were Andrews all the way and you had to go tied in here. I think you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, if if, if, if Andrews had come off as well, I I probably would have gone a different direction. Now that one Jennings is off the board, I'll tell you I would have taken him he was going next on my list.
Speaker 1: To finish. I thought that I was saying before Jared with zero B not working out for a lot of Drafters last year, and zero RB quite frankly only works when not the bulk or not a huge portion of the league is doing it. When when a lot of the league is doing it, it's it's you don't get the value there that you normally get. And I wonder if that's going to push up running backs just in general this year. Running backs obviously get pushed up in the f f PC normally, Uh, but that could be another reason that they get pushed up even higher this year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 5: It's uh that you know, when I talk about reading the landscape beach here, I mean it sort of starts with depth charts, but reading reading with the market things of things is also something like jameson Williams again is another guy that, like the drum beat has like been really steady since the last offseason, and he's done nothing but live up to those drum beats. Since now they're talking about how he's taking another step forward. The drum beat is still going and he's going in the sixth round and I'm like, that is a market error, or at least not time I look at it.
Speaker 4: He ry.
Speaker 5: So it's not just you know, my reading of what are these teams doing, but what are the people out there doing as well?
Speaker 4: And you want about running backs, Yeah, they're getting We got cooked last year onto a running back. But Jared, you're one with it.
Speaker 1: You're on the clock right now. I'll let you make this last pick and then we'll let you go and enjoy the rest of your draft. Here there, so Andrews was added. Now three running backs through received is take us through the thought process of who you're gonna take at the aight oh five here?
Speaker 5: Well, probably just best player available, you know. The only other question is like do I take a quarterback?
Speaker 4: Really? But? Oh soon? What I got here?
Speaker 1: The three picks that went before Jared Olave and Djoku and Baker Mayfield at the aight oh two. Mayfield was the seventh quarterback drafted off the board, so only seven are still out there. The question is does he go quarterback here? Does he does he add depth here? And that is exactly what you've done for friend, Brian Robinson a number four running back for you here?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Depth, that's available. I don't love any I don't see anything else standing out. That's like, I mean, there's a couple of receivers. I like, there's a couple of other roading backs. I like, you know, but tight end and quarterback. I feel like I can sort of still wait on a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's I mean, it's it's was it was one Z positions, right you? You obviously can a guy who what were you in the FPC third place overall a few years back, right, Jared?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was twenty nineteen, and like I said, it was Mark Andrews rookie year.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 5: It was when Daryl Waller broke out and had a giant game season and Lamar Jackson was MVP.
Speaker 1: It was a great season for you. Who knows, maybe you'll be duplicating it this year. Six years later. You follow him on the x at Ship Underscore Chaser. He has, Jared Hines, he's drafting from the eighth spot tonight. Was good enough not only to make one, not only two, but three picks for us Live on here tonight, Jared. We appreciate you always good catching up. I'll have to get you back on one of the shows very soon. Because I think we have to talk about for sure. Enjoy the rest of the draft. We'll talk to you with the you. We'll talk with you when we.
Speaker 4: Talk with your Thanks, guys.
Speaker 1: That is Jared Hines, Ladies and gentlemen, drafting of the eighth spot in the Hottest Room imaginal Affairrell.
Speaker 2: If you go to go to Kevin Harris's team number eleven, because I believe what he did at quarterback, with the way he's put together this team, I am in love with this team. Now they don't have enough running back, but maybe he's buying into what we talked about a lot of running and that'll be interested to see what he adds at running back. But I very very much like his pick of Baker Mayfield. I think that Baker Mayfield is finally in a position where the culture and the team belongs completely to him. And Baker Mayfield has never worked for me, never, but this may be the year that I will draft him. With the players that he has at his disposal on that roster and how much they love playing with him, the way they lead that team and the division with which they play in. Yes, there's a lot to be said about this quarterback playing winning football. I think they're the favor to win that division, as they should be. I think they will roll through that division at twelve thirteen maybe more win football team. I really like Harris waiting on a quarterback and choosing Baker Mayfield there.
Speaker 1: The team itself is now. Mayfield's interesting and I don't know how important stacking obviously, I don't think it is as important in managed leagues rather than best ball. But there are some opportunities for him to add a couple of Buccaneers pass catchers here later out in the draft if he wants to stack him up with Mayfield. The team itself, look at all those targets Farrell with McBride and Saint Brown and Camara McLaurin. Will see McLaurin, I don't. I don't necessarily thinks a target hog on that offense, but I could be wrong. He does.
Speaker 2: Does he have to be a target hog when he catches a thousand yards every ye?
Speaker 1: Well, yes, that's what.
Speaker 2: He did touchdown wise last year.
Speaker 1: Right, And I just I guess the thing I worry about McLaurin, and I've drafted him in a couple of spots, But the thing I worry about with him is dude, And maybe we talked about this, maybe we didn't. He had thirteen touchdown catches on eighty two overall receptions last year, which is really really efficient. And he's another year older. I think he's gonna turn thirty this year. They're trying to get a contract Onne. I'm sure they will. With how Washington invested in you know, Laramie Tunseel and some of these other Deebo Samuel like, they obviously want to take a step forward and win now, so maybe, well, I guess he doesn't. You're right, he doesn't have to be a target hog there early in the fourth round. But I guess he really doesn't have to. When you had another guy in Aaron Jones who catches a lot of passes, Travis Kelcey, say what you will about him. That dude caught a lot of passes last year. Now, how does he coexist with both Worthy and Rice? I guess it remains to be seen. But bear in mind that is Kevin Harris's number two tight end. Juwan Jennings is another guy too that is steaming up draft boards a little bit past Pierce All Normally he goes one spot behind Pearce. All tonight you heard Jared Hines talking how that would have been a great pick for his squad. And Mayfield, so yeah, I like Harris's team for sure. And and Kevin Harris chiming in on YouTube right now saying that their dark horse is Kelsey. Uh, they are dumbfounded. Why he is this low on the tight end list.
Speaker 2: He goes off because the pros, the pros are knocking him down. And and uh and our beloved, our beloved mister Terry doesn't like him.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, he's got it. He's got his starting tight end and his flights to tight end. You know, that position. Look in in the concept of his team, the number two running back is the least important player on the team, and that that's probably his weakest position. It will be interesting to see how he Pepper's running backs, you know, in the double dig rounds, because only one has to hit and one kind of has to hit and then he's off and running.
Speaker 1: Farrell. There's an interesting discussion going on in the chat room right now, and it was I think it was brought up by our man zoos here Jaden Reid versus Jamison williams Now Jaden Reid in and I think he went off. Yeah, you went off in the eighth round tonight. Jaden Reid went off normally in the in the big gorilla wide receiver forty five at the nine oh four, So he gets pushed up a little bit tonight. Jamison Williams wide receiver twenty seven at the five to ten. On average, you're looking about three and a half rounds separating those guys. Okay, Now, Jaden Reid his stats last year fifty five catches, eight hundred and fifty yards and six touchdowns. Jamison Williams stats last year, if we look at what he was able to put up, fifty eight catches, one thousand yards and seven touchdowns. So that's one more touchdown, that's three more catches, but one hundred and fifty yards. Zoos is making the comparison between these two, saying that, and I don't want to put words in his mouth, but that these two should be going closer together, and I think it was I think it was. John Terry said there's no way of taking read over Jamison Williams. I think the thing that concerns me when you talk about comparing Reid to Williams is one, they're used in very different ways in their offenses. Two, I think one of these teams between Detroit and Green Bay is significantly more prolific in the passing game than the other. And three, one of these offenses just added Matthew Golden and Sabian Williams, where Detroit added Isaac Tisla, who I think is more of a project for twenty twenty five. That's where I stand in on it, I totally. I mean, if you want to talk about Williams Williams versus Reid and you like both of them, well you could try to get both of them. You shouldn't have to take one over the other. But I think there is still a significant and Red should have a bounce back this bounce back year this year. I think I just drafted him yesterday, two days ago, So I think he's fine. But Jameis and Williams, the upside of Williams, of what he could be for this offense, mon Ross Saint Brown coming off this knee surgery too. Maybe Williams factors in more to this offense than we're thinking. To me, he's more of a pick to win type guy here. When you're going for a million bucks than Jade Reed.
Speaker 4: Okay, a boy that.
Speaker 1: The let's see here, Steven Gergalosos, Chris o'lave gonna win people leagues this year, Pharaoh. We're talking about the Saints offense before. Olave is the number three receiver by Jason shown here at the eight all four going with Marvin Harrison, Jordan Addison and then Chris o'lave here too. Is the only reason he's being bumped down because of the concussions, because we talked about even if the offense is bad, Olave should still put up good numbers, even when Tyler shook.
Speaker 2: This season, number one wide receiver on the team with a rookie quarterback, that's it's got to make it work. So yes, and Steven is right this player where he's being drafted. If you have a Lave as your number three receiver, he's always been one of my favorites. He's working through some problems that they have down with that team. Let me tell you all the New Orleans Saints bashers, who would you rather have playing quarterback, a rookie guy who can make all the throws and grow throughout the year, or a Hodgepodge and rotation of quarterbacks where the tight end also gets to play quarterback. Do you see? I hope we don't see as much of that this year, but A lave Is is quite the player. I really do. I really do appreciate the player.
Speaker 1: Cooper Cup goes right after that to Jason Showan as well. So he's got four receivers and so the thing I wanted to bring the thing I want to bring up with the Saints with all the injuries they had. You know, he got hurt last year too, as well as Olabby. Do you think Spencer Ratler got a fair shot Farrell? No, So then wouldn't it stand the reason that this is more of a competition than we're thinking between Shook and Rattler. No, it's still going to be Shook as the draft capital.
Speaker 2: Not so much the draft capital, but when you have a you know, rather it was a fifth round pick. There's things alike about him that he has his share of detractors, and he is a good NFL backup quarterback. Where he is right now, This this player Tyler, whatever his name is, he you know, he improved to the fortieth draft pick when he came here. He bet on himself. He came to Louisville instead of entering the draft. They told him if he entered the draft last year or the year prior, however we want to talk about it, he would have been an undrafted free agent. And he came. He bet on himself. He's older, you know, he's already twenty five years old. They're going to run him out there and see what they got. They think. They like his maturity, They like his arm strength and the light the way he processes the information. Now, if he shows up in the regular season, he's going to struggle, but he's not going to struggle necessarily like you were used to seeing some rookie quarterbacks struggle. So I don't think he is a one read and start running the ball, and the kind of quarterback I think he's going to give a lot of a time to get into the brakes, run the right routes. All of this offense is based on timing, and so that's what you get with this player. He's a heady player and understands the offense.
Speaker 1: We talked about the Buccaneers earlier, the opportunity to stack for Kevin Harris and lo and Behold in the machag Buka. The ten oh, two pairs of Baker Mayfield nicely there. I'm starting to like Agbuka a little bit more, and I think I'm starting to like Chris Godwin a little bit less. And Mike Evans too. I'm a little bit concerned with I think that way.
Speaker 2: On Evans since since I didn't have gray hair. You've been that way on Evans. You know, you're a little year.
Speaker 1: He crushes it every year I'm wrong.
Speaker 2: You know it's you know, one of these years, you're going to be right. He may just retire just and you can say, oh, man, I really do missing.
Speaker 1: With with Egbuka two. I think he is a much more complimentary player With Mike Evans. I think he's more of a duplication of skills guy with Chris Godwin. But remember the Buccaneers did inc Godwin to that extension too, So whether he's healthy or not at the start of the season, Tampa Duke does believe in him going forward. Something that we'll be watching, something that we are watching right now. I think Derek Greer pointed this out. Loves the fade of the quarterback position for Robert Morelli. Squad at six well lo and behold slappy seconds that is James Russell's scene does not have a quarterback, and the eighty five Bears drafting in the twelve spot tonight are through ten picks. They're halfway home. They have nary a quarterback as well, and they have to wait all the way to the eleven twelve to make a quarterback selection if they want to do it there. Pharaoh, I'm actually kind of fine with that. Quarterbacks are falling tonight. We talked about it with Alan and Jackson and Daniel's going in the fourth round. We could see more quarterbacks falling in and maybe he waits until the thirteen fourteen a turn to get his quarterbacks there. But I think it's fine. I don't know if I would have taken Kyle Pitts at the tennel one. I've kind of I'm kind of done with them at this point. I just every story I've told myself over the year is Pharaoh with with Oh, this is going to be the year for Kyle Pitts. This is going I can't tell the stories are falling on deaf ears. For me, I'm really out on him at this point.
Speaker 2: Well, and you have you, you definitely have history on your side and with Pitts. I would say, what's going to be different. We all blame the use of pits on the offensive coordinator.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but I mean that was just the latest excuse.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, there's always there's always an excuse with this player. And in f FBC play, it's too important to gamble with a player that has proved your year on year on year that he can't deliver. And we've got some really interesting tight ends that play the game quickly. They came into the league and quickly developed as contributing players at that position, and that's what I think our drafters should be looking for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Joe King could not agree with him more here. Superstars rarely need excuses.
Speaker 4: That is weird.
Speaker 2: Joe's fire and I he said something earlier that that that hit home with me. Tough for Bucks to sustain last year's offense. So Joe, Joe knows football, So I'd like him to follow that up with why he thinks that.
Speaker 1: I I am. I'll tell you what I don't. I think I'm gonna have a whole lot of Bucky Irving on my teams this year, especially with how expensive he is. We talked about how this is not I think Jared Hines said tonight that Bucky Irving is the highest he seen him go, and officially this is the highest he's gone over in the last three days, in two dozen drafts in the Big Gorilla to a one tonight. He just keeps getting pushed up. I mean, I just he was great last year, and it was awesome last year. But think about what you had to invest in him to get him on your team last year, and now think about what you have to get on your team to invest to get him on your team this year. And I feel like that is that's a ceiling. That's a ceiling adp for him right now. And that's why I'm kind of staying away from him. Regarding the Buccaneers duplicating what they did last year, I could still see it. The weapons that they have where Jalen McMillan is your number four, even if something happens to Evans or Godwin, you have a ready replacement coming in. I think Kate Otten is fine, and we're we're already singing the praises of Baker Mayfield, and so you know, I don't necessarily think Irving has to be as good as he was last year. He very well, could be. I always I don't talk in absolutes. I know that's that's what you're supposed to do when you're talking about fantasy football. Yet to say that this is how it's gonna be, this is why I feel about this guy, and this is what's gonna happen, That's not the way it works. Like, there's a variety of ways that this season could go. So I am off Bucky Irving at that price, but if he slips something, I could look at.
Speaker 2: Thousand yards rushing, eight touchdowns, fifty ish catches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean I could see more than that too.
Speaker 2: I mean there's more than that. And you know why not drafting words being d.
Speaker 1: Because I think the likelihood of that happening is is much rarer compared to how I see the season going for him.
Speaker 2: You know, you know Scott Cole comes in with talking about Mike Evans being forty six years old. He's gonna get me start talking about George Bland in a minute.
Speaker 1: Let's see here. What else do we want to get? Oh? The other thing I want to say it with with Joe King Kyle Pitts comment he's not a superstar. I think like even if you're off pits, or even if you're on pits, even if you like drafting him this year, I don't believe that he is. Anybody's gonna call him a superstar, you know, like it's it's not who he is. And that's fine because he's being drafted as whatever it was tight end fifteen tonight, which is fine. We have let's see here slappy seconds. That is James Russell, who says he's disciplined as fudge quarterback again tonight to take Traves etn and to take Jaden Blue, the rookie running back for Dallas year. Will he is gonna keep playing quarterback chicken Robert Morelli said, I'm out on that. Homes he goes Caleb Williams in the tenth, Dak Prescott in the eleventh. And that's what I'm talking about with this, Like I love both of those players for fantasy this year, and you can give me nine picks before that where I add a tight end, stack my running back, stack my receivers, and I can still get Williams of Prescott. I guess my biggest concern with that is I might start those guys on the wrong weeks.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh yeah, that's dangerous.
Speaker 1: You know, but that's a good problem to have.
Speaker 2: Hey, maybe he's looked at the home and away schedule and he just knows he'll start, Eh player, he's got a stack. What quarterback is Dak? I can't read the fine print? Balky quarterback? Eleven quarterback eleven highest paid player in the NFL is the eleventh fantasy quarterback? Yeah, you can't follow the money in this game if you want to win the money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, yes, that is.
Speaker 2: There's a player that There's no player on this board that's more groomed to over to overperform his draft position than Dak Prescott. He could have years better than a lot of these guys.
Speaker 1: And the fact that he gets that both the tenth and the eleventh quarterbacks off the board back to back picks right in the middle, think is interesting as well. What do you make of the likely pick?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 1: To Chris m at eleven oh seven, he had Hockinson in the fifth, he adds the rookie Colston Lovelin in the ninth, and now he adds likely in the eleventh. Again, this is not best ball he's gonna have to pick, And I guess technically he could start all three of those guys in any given week if he wants to. But you think he pushed too hard at that he cranked to borrow a crackrack line, he cranked too much purple here and having three tight ends at the end of the eleventh round, or can you get on board with that strategy.
Speaker 2: I guess he's looking maybe too is right, and sees a team over here. Well, no, everybody's got a tighty end. Never mind. So I think he looks at it and says, I if lightning strikes there, he's got a really great tool. He puts it with his quarterback, and he gets in a situation where he's not gonna need a backup quarterback, so that could be his number two quarterback spot, and he just says, I'll roll the dice. Would likely with the leveland being a questionable injury situation and probably available, probably a better fantasy player later than the year than early. I like what he's doing there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think when when you look at it, the receivers are fine. The question to me is like, am I pushing too much tight end here? Getting my third tight end before my fourth running back? And his running gays obviously Barkley is awesome, but then you who's.
Speaker 2: Left on the board at tight end? Bulkie Friarmuth obviously was Who's who's Yeah, So.
Speaker 1: Then you're looking at, let's see who do we have here?
Speaker 2: Hunter, Henry's probably sticking it.
Speaker 1: Bretton Strange, Henry Ertz, Mason, Taylor, Mike is SICKI those guys are all out there.
Speaker 2: You know, he might be saying, I let these other guys live with those players as their second. But you know, look, it's a tight end heavy draft. There's a lot of tight ends here going.
Speaker 1: The concern I have would be the running backs there with Barkley, Montgomery and Javonte Williams. However, based on our conversation with Jared Hines, I would contend that the upper echelon the elite running backs do not duplicate their health speaking in a broad sense in twenty twenty five the way they did in twenty twenty four, which would make running back an easier position to get off the waiver wire or get later in your draft, and maybe you could fill in the crack that way and you get Hockinson, Lovelin and likely and you don't have to worry about tight ends, So there's something to be said for that.
Speaker 2: His number two running back is either Williams, who does something with the job down in Dallas, or Montgomery, who's consistent point score. So yeah, I can live with his team there. Now we'll see if he's preparing to draft. Now, let's see if he's devoted to adding some other running backs that could come in. Boy, I believe there's a great receiver still available too. We have no he's gone, he's gone.
Speaker 1: Okay, we do have fifty eight receivers off the board right now, twenty tight ends. We are at the twelve six right now for Chris m to see what he does here, and he does go with the running back. And I like this selection here in JK. Dobbins.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 1: This is after R. J. Harvey went at running back twenty at the five h six. He's getting Dobbins seven rounds later.
Speaker 2: So you do want to draft last year's teams. But if you were what did you have to pay for Williams and Dobbs on this year? Nothing?
Speaker 1: I mean Williams in the tenth and Dobbin's in the twelfth. That's fantastic. They're going year They three and four. Yeah, much higher, much much higher. Scott Kobe has a question for us here. Do you guys think Monty takes a step back this year at Gibbs I'll answer that because I do have Montgomery on several teams already this year. If if he takes a step back, I think it would be at the expense of a new offensive coordinator rather than personnel on the field with them. I think part of the reason that Gibbs and Montgomery have been so successful in Detroit has been the fact that they've had each other there. I think Gibbs up being on the team makes Montgomery fresher in the fourth quarter. I have, actually my kids. One of his baseball coaches is a huge Detroit Lions fan, and he said, if you watch those Lions games, they don't really unleash Gibbs until the second and third quarters, and then it's usually Montgomery is the first, the first quarter guy that starts softening up the defense, and then he's the fourth quarter grinder. Detroit may not. I don't know how many games they won last year Pharaoh fourteen or fifteen or whatever it was. I don't know if they win that many this year. I think they the offense takes a step back, but I don't think it's a significant one. So I think Montgomery is gonna be fine this year. I think Gibbs is really gonna be good this year. A step back, yeah, perhaps, but it might be such a small step you don't even notice it. That's my take on Montgomery.
Speaker 2: I think you can count on this player to get back to two hundred carries. You know, you can argue you took a step back last year ten percent less carries, and I don't know how much of that was injury an injury related. I love this player and I think he's great at this disposition in the draft.
Speaker 1: Scott is also saying too, asking Joe King, would you agree with Gibbs finished to the year that Gibbs could take a step forward. Yes, he could, but he's already going so high and he already had such an amazing season, especially his finished the last season too. I don't know how much higher or how much better he could be now. The other thing too, Jared Hines pointing this out that Montgomery could be a league winner if Gibbs missus time. We'll flip that on its head. What if Montgomery missed his time? And we see what happened with Gibbs at the end of last season of the regular season, the fantasy season. We saw what happened there without Montgomery. He was otherworldly. So if that happens again, then obviously Gibbs as weird as he doesn't say a guy going at one oh two in the draft and night he could be a league winner this year as well, which is well, Slappy Seconds has finally drafted their first quarterback, that is James Russell's team. He gets Drake May, the thirteenth quarterback off the board at twelve eleven tonight, and I gotta tell you, I think I think he did it right. We'll see what he does here. He's on the clock at at thirteen oh two. We'll see if he double dips and grabs back to quarterbacks here. But you know, when you have a team with four running backs, five receivers, two tight ends and then you can get Drake May in the twelfth rounds and honestly, he's probably looking at how the quarterbacks were going. I mean, we didn't see our first quarterback taken until the four to h three tonight. He goes brock Perty here, Beryl, I love that May and Purty with the rest of that team. He's doing it right.
Speaker 2: I don't think I would have taken golf and party, but that's just me.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing with Purdy and this is just the Niners in general. I bumped them up a little bit because of how easy their schedule is this year. Golf and the Lions are playing that first place schedule since they finished first in the NFC North last year. So I think there's a lot to love about Purdy, and especially when I you comes back to you know, I you pearsall Juwan Jennings and George Kittle and Christop McCaffrey against you know, some some really cupcake opponents.
Speaker 4: I do like that.
Speaker 2: Who are these cupcakes? Bucky?
Speaker 1: Well? Let should I bring up the schedule?
Speaker 2: To bring up the Yeah, let's take a look at that schedule. Forty nine ers, the NFL of laying the red carpet out for the forty nine ers.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, I have it right here that two are these cupcakes? All right? So they're going to start the season in Seattle, then they go to New Orleans, then they get Arizona at home, Jacksonville at home. I think those are four really good matchups right there.
Speaker 2: They'll be favored in all those games.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 1: They're at Los Angeles're at the Rams. Now, that's not going to be an easy one because the Rams defense is not bad.
Speaker 2: They're gonna play them twice they do.
Speaker 1: They're at Tampa. I think Tampa's defense is nothing to write home about the strength. Then they get Atlanta at home. Atlanta's big calling card is those two edge rushers that they draft, those rookie edge rushers. I don't really foresee any like big time problems that they're gonna have with the Falcons at home. They go to Houston, they go to the Giants.
Speaker 2: Again, nobody always tough.
Speaker 1: They are tough, but you have to play the road games. The Rams at home. We already talked about the Rams. Then they go to Arizona. They get the Panthers at home. Then they go to Cleveland. Then the bye week again, I think there's some soft matchups in there. After the bye week, the Titans at home, they go to Indianapolis, they get the Bears at home, and then they finish the season at home against Seattle. I think there are a lot of opportunities for McCaffrey and those pass catchers as well as Purdy to win a lot of weeks for you with that schedule.
Speaker 2: So they played Tampa and they play the Rams. Yeah, and they that's the only projected division winners that they played during the season.
Speaker 1: I don't see any other division winners who won the AFC South last year.
Speaker 2: That would have been AFC South would have been won by they all finished second. Yeah, Houston.
Speaker 1: Well they do go to Houston, so that'd be another division winner. Yeah, but again that's a division winner in quotes essentially. Okay, let's get back to it here.
Speaker 2: You had them playing Tennessee Tech there for a minute. I didn't know.
Speaker 1: Well, no, not Tennessee Tech. There are no cupcake U games. It's all professional cupcakes here. Which professional cupcakes might be a fantasy.
Speaker 2: I don't. You gotta go to the draft next year. Ball came back up all these things you're saying, Yes.
Speaker 1: I will have to Terrence Ferguson off the board. As long as I'm talking about tight ends here, Jared Hines takes Terrence Ferguson as his third tight end, a couple with Mark Andrews, Bretton Strange as well. Ferguson, I like from a dynasty standpoint, Sean McVay doesn't seem like a guy that likes a lot of rookies on the field unless they're pukakua. So so I would go back to, hey, let's slow our role here. Player. But heines already has two tight ends that that is a player. If Adams or Nikoua were to miss time, maybe there's some upside there as well. I love the Brenton Strange pick too, and I think for the same reasons. You know, if Thomas or Hunter were to miss time and Strangers already Strangers the second round pick, and I think a lot of people forget that too, But Andrews Strange and Ferguson, I think that's a really solid tight end core that he's got there. I like the Fields pick at nine o eight as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is he coming in with another quarterback? Say anything?
Speaker 1: Well, there's seventeen of them off the board. Wow, Aaron Rodgers as how about that? The eighty five Bears taking Aaron Rodgers as their first quarterback here at twelve and then they get CJ. Shoud CJ Shrouded. That's a strong pick there too. I think the way that they're going here we've got three quarterbacks in the last three picks. We are running out of options here, yep. And there's still another great not great quarterback. But there's another quarterback that's near and dear to my heart here that is still available, and you want to guard to believe I do like I do like the idea of having a high floor guy at quarterback to go with Justin Fields, who is maybe a lower floor but a high ceiling type guy. We'll see what Jared does as he's on deck, but yeah, I do think quarterback is probably the right idea, Pharah, we have the defense is starting to come off the board. Thirteenth round, the Broncos go to Jason Showan and then the Texans go to Kevin Harris. When do you like to take your defenses in FFPC? And like the Big Gorilla contest like this.
Speaker 2: I really like to put my defense and my quarterback together. Sometimes I like to I like to stack a defense kicker situation sometimes, so it just depends on who I'm targeting. Sometime. Wow, that was a surprise pick, So I'm sometimes I'm Sometimes I go in with the target of a defense. I like, like last year, people were off Baltimore. For some reason, they weren't. They weren't a second tier defense, but they certainly weren't in the top three or four off the board. And I thought they were top three or four defense and and so I was very pleased to get them. So you know, it's it's a it's a little more strenuous of a decision when you're playing in Kentucky. But you know, I don't play in Kentucky. So I love uh, I love my play in the f f PC, and uh, it's it's not It's not a throwaway pick for me. I put some planning into it.
Speaker 1: The team I want to talk about we have not talked about him a whole lot. Tonight is Colin Hoffman's team from the three hole fifth hand and ends up waiting on tight end and quarterback. Here he gets JANEU Smith and Mike is SICKI so far with his tight ends, Kyle Murray and Justin Herbert I'm fine with, especially normally I'm fine with waiting on quarterbacks, but especially the way they were falling tonight, I was definitely fine. I'm waiting in Ilec Murray this year, and Herbert, I think is a good steady Eddie guy. What do you make of the running backs and receivers on his squad? You look at the receivers we talked about McConkie obviously, but against Jamar Chase at three, Mike Evans, DeVonta Smith, Darnell Mooney, who I think is underrated hashtag maybe better maybe hashtag better in bastball, but still a significant player here, especially if London missus any time. And then the running backs Kyron Williams, Amari and Hampton, Tyrone Tracy and Ramandre Stevenson. This is an interesting hodge podge, a Frankenstein team if you will, of some good breakout young players and some players that have done it before. When you look at Collen who's on the clock right now, what do you make of his squad and how he's done from the three hole Pharaoh.
Speaker 2: He knows what he's doing, and you know he's a good player, so it's it's very difficult to pick his to pick what he's doing a part. I'm not a Mooney fan. I like he flashed his skill set, I probably of uh, but when I look at the receivers that are drafted after him, Uh, there there's some promise there, and I really like the raider becked that went around and a half later. I think what I'm going to do at that point is avoid Mooney and take a younger receiver, because he sure has he sure has some fantastic receivers. I would have waited and maybe drafted another running back. But look, this guy knows what he's doing. He doesn't need me to advise him. And I tell you I learned a lot just by watching him play and watching him draft. Uh, there's some there's some curious picks. Balky that that, and and there there we go, Jared, there we go. Now, now when Bulky, if you have time, and if you are so inclined, and you probably have better ideas, But if you bring up Jared Goff and just play him on his home games, put him at Gibbs, just playing at home when Detroit is home. Certainly when you might call cupcakes, let's just call second division teams when golf is playing at home. His fantasy output is so impressive it's almost like a no brainer to starting. And that's this guy's third quarterback. That's fantastic.
Speaker 1: You say fantastic. I think when you make the call of May and Purty, I would have gone elsewhere. I don't think you need golf at that point. I understand the love for golf, I do. Once you have made the decision that Purty is your guy over golf, I think you let golf go somewhere else and you focus on another position.
Speaker 2: I would have flipped him. I would have drafted golf then party and not May.
Speaker 1: Well. Yeah, I think Purty and golf would have been fine too. I mean, I like May's breakout potential this year for sure. But I think I'm good with all three of those quarterbacks, just not all, excuse me, all three of them on the same team. Yeah, Jared Hines rostering three qbs in this format of sub optimal, Scott Hoyt Adam Hahn coming in three quarterbacks in a single quarterback league so well, but well, I mean, listen, if Russell, James Russell wants the way and he can, he's watching this on YouTube, he can post his thoughts there. He won't right now because he's on the clock in the in the fifteenth round.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's saving those fab dollars to spend on running back if he needs them.
Speaker 1: That could be it. That could be it. Dylan Samson is where he goes running back here, Farrell, I want to bring up just before we move on from Colin Hoffman in his team at the three spot tonight. Kyron Williams goes at the three oh three jar quiz to Cullin's team. Jar Quis Hunter goes to Chris am at the fourteen oh six tonight. People who have doubted Kyen Williams for the last couple of years have been really disappointed. Is Williams gonna get it done? As the juice worth the squeeze tonight? Running back twelve at the three oh three for Kyron Williams.
Speaker 2: Yes, Bulkie, would you adjust our screen? All right? Thank you, thank but you know yes, anybody wants to start betting against Karen Williams, they better have another really good player lined up. I don't argue with it if you can tell me you like another guy more, but don't tell me you don't like Williams.
Speaker 1: He's fine, Yeah, I mean I haven't taken him a whole lot this year. I think I have him on yeah, maybe just one team. Actually, no, I got him on two. I have him on two And McVeigh seems to like to use that one running back exclusively. Now, the thing is, they invested in running back on Day two last year, and they get Jarquis Hunter, who I believe was a Day three pick this year, but day three pick in parenthesy or day three picking quotes because how deep the running back position was this year. And I know there's a lot of love among the Dynasty bros. As it were for JarKus Hunter. I've taken it, taken him in a couple of Dynasty leagues as well. So I guess I would say this my nervousness or my caution with Kyron Williams this year is not marketed markedly higher than it was in previous in the previous two years, which maybe this is a false analogy, but that probably means Kyraen Willens is just gonna get it done again this year, and f FPC players are drafting him to get it done again this year, and and Ferrell is drafting him like he's going to get it done again this year. Yeah, and maybe the addition of Devonte Adams actually makes him more valuable too, because you have two significant perimeter receivers and one of them is not dust like Cooper Cup was when he came back from injury last year. Maybe that actually makes this offense even more potent.
Speaker 2: Farrell, I think so too, And let's go back. Let's go to our team number seven. We said he could he could have a luxury of a third tight end and wait on a backup quarterback. He's waited on a backup quarterback, and he's got one that's proved it. I talked about Trevor Lawrence's struggles lately, but that could be a mid career slump for Trevor Lawrence. He slumped with the whole organization. Now they've probably got a lot better focus on what they want to get done down in Jacksonville this year. Trevor Lawrence has done it before. He turned back back the clock to twenty twenty two. I doubt if he's ever going to get a start over Lamar Jackson. But if something happens where Lamar makes miss his time in the fifteenth round, you've got probably pretty good quarterback to play here.
Speaker 1: James Russell chiming in on YouTube, didn't realize the YouTube mob was coming for me. And he does make a couple of good points. And I'll bring this up too with Purdy and Golf when he drafts both of those, he is now stacked Perdy and Kittle, and he has stacked Golf and Gibbs and Laporta. So there's something to be said for that. Again, I'd have to look at and he said the same thing. You have to look at who they're playing in weeks fifteen, sixteen seventeen. But there is something to be said for that. The Niners who Ferrell has agreed with me have an amazing schedule this year. I believe those are your exact words before, Ferrel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tennessee tex not.
Speaker 1: And uh, Golf and Laporta and Gibbs. We know how potent that offense is. So there is something to be said for that, which brings us back to what Ferrell's original point was, don't draft Drake me, just take golf, just take just take pretty. But he's gonna have some options there, So good on you, slappy seconds.
Speaker 2: That's James. There's this commentary of the guys hating GoF you know, and that's okay, you don't you know, you know, but okay, forty six hundred yards m thirty seven touchdowns. We love Jameson Williams. We love Gibbs. We we think Montgomery is a very very solid pick. Some people really like the tight end. How do you like all those players if you don't like their quarterback? So it's nonsense.
Speaker 1: My again, I don't want to keep beating this into the ground. My thing was when you had Man, you had Purty, I would be done at quarterback. Yeah, golf is fine, but is he the right pick at fourteen eleven for this team? Maybe I would have gone a different direction, but James Russell's probably won a lot more than I have, So take it with a grain of salt.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's he throws fifty touchdowns, he'll move up to a ninth room.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, Clara, we have Let's see Jacoori Krossky Merrit, another guy that's climbing up draft boards. Here he goes at the fifteen to ten, the sixtieth running back taken tonight by pennox Envy, which is Thomas O'Brien's team. Here, Crosskey Merritt is a player that we heard a little bit about, I shouldn't say a little bit about. We heard a decent amount about prior to the NFL draft. Then after he's selected there there was some JCM fans out there that pushed him up on Dynasty draft boards, and now we're seeing him in re draft leagues. There's some spice here, there's some sexiness, and I think part of the reason is we kind of know what Brian Robinson is, We kind of know what Austin Eckler is. We don't know what Jacory krossky Merit is. What do you make of this player who I do believe could play all three downs for Washington. Will that happened Probably not, at least not in twenty twenty five, but in a pinch, maybe he could. Is there something here with Jacry krossky Merit.
Speaker 2: This was the big This was a big hit scratcher for me because I didn't really know this player that well. You know, the answer to the question is yes, I just I pred him up on YouTube right now because I'm trying to get to some of the previous some of the highlights that I watched with him last year tremendous, tremendous first step. So I watched his last game in the see he got better throughout his SEC play in every in every game that I saw, So you know, I was very happy.
Speaker 1: With Bruce Flash is still buying Jeremy McNichols as as the third running back you want.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's true. Okay, I don't. I don't think that's I don't think that's what we're looking at.
Speaker 1: The pick Oh, Woody Marks. That's why I wanted to ask you about Woody Marks goes at the sixteen oh six to Chris m here running back sixty four Pharrell. When you look at what Houston invested into Woody Marks in the draft and then yet still went out and signed Nick Chubb, is there is that something to be concerned with when you're looking for the backup and and and Damian Pierce is still there as well. Joe Mixon always seems to produce every year, but he is another year older. We have to do our due diligence on who the guy behind the guy is in Houston and Chubb, Marx and Pierce have created a muddy water there or is it clearer for you?
Speaker 2: Nothing is clear for me what's going on in Houston. But they make they they do a good job of putting all their play in the mix at every position. Have you noticed that? And that makes it very very difficult on the fantasy player unless you're going with Nico Collins. And that's that's the That's the Texan I love, and that's that's where I would hang my head if I'm in Texas.
Speaker 1: I noticed there's a conversation going on about Jordan Mason versus Aaron Jones in this draft to night. Aaron Jones ends up going as running back twenty four five to eleven to Kevin Harris's squad. Jordan Mason doesn't go until the tenth round, ten oh three. He goes to Thomas O'Brien's penox env Pharrell, I like Aaron Jones. I've always been an Aaron Jones fan, and I know they extended him, But I also know what Minnesota did to give up draft capital to Jordan Mason and then ink him to an extension as well. I think Jones should be going in front of Mason. I don't know if he should be going like five six rounds ahead of Mason. I think those guys should be going closer together. Somebody said, I'm sorry that they love the Mason pick in the tenth round, Parrell, do you like the Mason pick for O'Brien at the ten or three tonight?
Speaker 2: I really love that player. I always have. I'm not so sure how he can contribute in fantasy points all based on the other player, the other running back, and the situation of what we're gonna see coming out of that team. So for that reason, I'm probably passing.
Speaker 1: On it there I was listening to. I think it was JJ Zacherieson was talking about Jalen Knowle the other day, and I could be wrong. Maybe it's Peter Roversett. I got. I'm the worst person to attribute stuff to because I just I hear it, and I hear the argument and it makes sense to me, and I try to regurgitate it, and I do a better job of regurgitating it rather than remembering who actually had the original thoughts. In my pologies on this, But Jalen Knowle is a player who goes sixteen oh seven wide receiver sixty eight to Robert Morelli's Football Nerd tonight. And the contention with that is there could be a nice little carving on that offense for Jalen Nole, not only to start off the season, but maybe as the season goes on, if there is an injury to Nico Collins or if there is an injury to Jayden Higgins, who I think a lot of people compare together as not necessarily complimentary players, but players with very identical skill sets in Higgins and Collins. And then you have this Nole guy who kind of fits that Tank Dell role. And yeah he's a rookie and yeah he's going late, but Pharaoh, I could tell myself a story where I would love to have nol as my number six receiver, my number seven receiver. He's number six for Robert Morelly tonight, and I'm starting to like him.
Speaker 2: There there's reason too, especially if you believe in the quarterback, especially if you like the team I I think I could do. I think there's guys I would like better, and uh maybe at this point in the draft, I'm going to go to some of these younger running backs. You know, we just talked about Crossky Merritt. You know, he here's here's the kind of player that you know from Montgomery, Alabama that the SEC wouldn't pay attention to. So you talked to all of you talk to all of He portaled out and went on out to play in the West Coast, and I just I really like that player. And it's it's a situation I think with these running backs of discovery. The more you look at them, the more you'll see NFL skill elements that are going to take the job away. Who's the Who's the back that we're talking about in in uh in Washington, the backup running back that no the veteran no The Nichols mc nichol is a good player. Mc Nichols, I think is a is. It starts on all aspects of special teams, and I think that's where his largest contribution to the football team will be.
Speaker 1: So I'll bring this up. Zez is pointing out Noel could just be better than Higgins like he was in college. To bring it back to the joelan Jalen Nol discussion, that is, there's a non zero chance of that as well. I could definitely see that happening. But you know, bear in mind, the Texans did draft Higgins first and they gave him guaranteed money. Pharaoh. When are these second round picks gonna start signing? It's insane how many unsigned second round picks we have in the NFL right now.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I don't know why we're having that.
Speaker 1: Well, it's because it's because of the Browns and the Texans. The only two and second round picks that have been signed got the guaranteed money, and now everybody.
Speaker 2: Wants to maybe, you know, copycat negotiation is never missed Oyle, So I don't know just because one other guy did it is just you know you from an agent standpoint, I think you have to believe in the numbers and you have to trust the organization to some point and come to that meeting of the minds. Uh. It is not beneficial for rookie players to miss this much time because they they miss out on a lot of things that that stick to them throughout the season. It's hard to get started sometimes when they're not in in mesh in sync rather with the with the culture. But it's also as the thing is, like, when they're not there, what are they doing? Because you know, if it's not football and training camps are not as hard as it used to be, but rookies need to be there.
Speaker 1: Harold Fannin is a fun living. Maybe not a good one, but fun. That is what Zeus is saying. I totally agree with that fun pick and listen. If it doesn't have to be good the eighteenth round it it just have fun with.
Speaker 2: That's that's a really good game, and he's in Cleveland.
Speaker 1: He's behind in Djoku right now, but in Joku is no stranger to the trainer's table. And I just I'll point this out too. Two really good games that Bannon had last year, while he had more than two gig two good games. But the two games that stood out to me is when he crushed Penn State and when he crushed who the other one was at Oregon that I mean, it was another it was another big time college football program that he put up big numbers against. So I like fanning there in the eighteenth round, Pharol, let me tell you a story about the seventeen oh six pick tonight. Speaking of tight ends, THEO Johnson tight end thirty. I did a show with Alan Soslowski from Rode Wire last Friday morning, and THEO Johnson was one of my Dynasty sleepers. But I think he's a redraft sleeper this year. And I go back to the whole the Giants, I don't know who their second target is, their their secondary pass catching terriger We already in all the primary as neighbors. And then is the second is it Wandale Robinson? Maybe is it j Hyatt? I don't know Darius Slayton, Okay, maybe, but nobody's like, nobody's a slam dunk number two guy there? Why not THEO Johnson as the number two pass catcher, super athletic guy, was dinged up a little bit last year, comes in healthy this season. I was all ready to make him my number three pick or my number three tight end pick. In the KFFFC run to Daylight beastball I was doing last night, and lo and behold, Steven Hugalos takes a one pick before. I was not thrilled with that, but I am thrilled for THEO Johnson in the seventeenth round for one Robert Morelli in tonight's draft.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and why not. The tremendous athletic skills, a huge catch radius, big big, specially gifted tidy end that just did not get off to the start. And you know, when you think about Neighbors having the kind of year he had with the quarterbacks the New York Giants, it was Neighbors or nothing in that offense. You know, you have a lot of contributing receivers.
Speaker 5: But.
Speaker 2: I agree with you, someone has to step up and be a consistent second option. And it could be at that Tidi in position.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about. We have not talked enough about this this team tonight. This is the twenty twenty four FFPC Joe Sean Green, along with Michael Cerpico and April Ballasquita drafting to Mario Douglas. Here at the eighteen oh nine wide receiver seventy seven just drafted to Mario Douglas in a KFFFC league. And I know there's there's some pretty positive reports about Tomrio Douglas catching a lot of passes looking like a baller in mandatory mini camp. But yeah, I know it's mini camp. But I'm intrigued, I should say not loving, but I'm intrigued with Douglas and his role on this team with digs on the perimeter and a breakout quarterback in Drake May this year. I think that is a really good pick in the eighteenth round tonight for Douglas for the Green. Circaco ballisquide Trio. I love it, Parrel, Yeah why not?
Speaker 2: Now? You know when we get Turp on the show with us, we won't get much love for Mario Douglas. But to Mario Douglas is small body pass catcher. They can run with the ball after he catches it, and he's worked through the roughest that New England has to offer, and things are looking better there. So I think the prospects of the team are consistently in parallel with the prospects of Douglas.
Speaker 1: And that is the number. What was that eight receiver for that trio for Hale? Yeah, ton I can get to Mario Douglas there, parrel. Let's see where do I want to go next here? I don't want to talk about Oh, I'll bring this up, and I should probably wait until this guy's taken, but maybe he won't get taken tonight. We don't get to talk about it, so I'll talk about it right now. So Number one, what I'm gonna do, I'm gonna reach behind me here and I'm gonna the John Terry Raiders chained because we got to talk some Raiders football right now. Thank you to John Terry for picking that up. You mentioned Jack besh earlier wide receiver fifty eight at the twelve O three tonight to the Pennox env team. That's Thomas O'Brien. What do you make of him playing mostly in second team in mini camp behind Jacoby Myers, Trey Tucker and one down is it deontaey Thornton I think his name. It was a Day three pick. Who's playing ahead of him? Is is this something we need to be paying attention to.
Speaker 2: Well, there's certainly not thirty seven touchdown passes coming out of Raiders this year. We expect him to be improved. Beck brings skill set of good size. He might be another Alec Pierce player that looks good whenever they're throwing the ball, but they don't throw the ball enough. It's we're dealing another one of those unproven and to this point bad offenses. And so we're asking this bad offense to give us a first round running back and a first round tight end. And really, I think that's all we need to ask the Raiders to give us in fancy football this year. I happen to like Beck. Jury still out on Thorp, but Jacobe Myers would be my third Raider, and then I'm pretty much gonna shut down in my love of the Raiders after those three picks. So my answer to you is, I'm not going to waste much time on those players. But in the last three rounds, just players that I like and not determined where they are ending up playing may take a shot at them, and that's what Bett would be for me.
Speaker 1: We have not broken down ali Usephal's team here tonight from the five spot a.
Speaker 2: Hole picking on that team. He's just stuck in the middle and we're not looking at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah we're not. But I do want to bring up his tight end situation.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: He had a Kate out and in the seventeenth, which is fine, but I want to bring up the nine to ten picks for him. That's when he addressed address tight end. He skipped tight end for the first eight rounds and then goes back to back with Kincaid and Ferguson Farrell in a vacuum. Which one of those guys between Kincaid and Ferguson do you like better this season in Fantasy?
Speaker 2: Well, I like both of them for different reasons. I really the one that improves the most this year I think is Ferguson. Because Ferguson's coming off a bad injury season where he called it no touchdowns, he still he still got in the neighborhood of about sixty balls. Kincaid in a very good offense that we expected more out of and I expect more from him this year. But I think this drafter will end up starting Ferguson more that this time last year, a lot of people were calling them Kate Ought and Kate Rotten. He ended up putting up a very nice stat line and his stat line is competitive with the draft capital that she spent on Ken Cad and Ferguson, And I think he can join that group of players that the tight ends that we expect more from this year. You got stats on Auton going down the stretch. Bulky there aught and put together a string of very very good games, is all. And I just I think he he started poorly perhaps, and then came on later in the year.
Speaker 4: Something.
Speaker 1: Well, here's what happened with Kate Atton last year, Farrell, I'm going to start in, I'm going to start when I'm gonna start here. Well, I'll just do this.
Speaker 2: Did he do well against the Cupcakes? Did he have that going for?
Speaker 1: He had some good games against the tough ones too. They lost twenty six to seven against that bonded Broncos defense. He had seven for forty seven that game, follows it up with six for fifty two. And then here's where you noticed the big spike for Auten. It started October twenty first last year. Eight for one hundred, nine for eighty one and two touchdowns, eight for seventy seven and a touchdown. Now do you know what happened in those three games in the middle of the season, when Aughten's numbers spiked way up?
Speaker 2: Godwin was gone, Evans was gone.
Speaker 4: What was heavy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's what I mean. Godwin for sure. But then when Evans came back, god would remember, never came back. But when Evans came back, here's what he did. Five for thirty five, one for thirty, four for twenty, three for seventy and then he ended with a two for twenty four clunker. So oh no, Then he had two for thirty two the final week of the season. I apologize, No, that was that was the postseason, so okay, whatever. But my point is with Oughten, yes, I think he's capable, but it took an Evans injury for him to go.
Speaker 2: Really literally huge number.
Speaker 1: So but again we're talking about the seventeenth round contingent upside with Oughton, but I think that could be muted a little bit this year because you have that Bucca there now too, So even if Evans were to go down, you need two of those guys to go down now, and they're still Jalen McMillan there too. Don't forget about him, all right. Anyway, we can move on here and talk about Trevor ETN going in the twentieth round Pharaoh to Jason shown. I think it's interesting because they have Rico Dalodtle there and they're both backing up Chuba Hubbard. ETN and Dowbell are both backing up Hubbard. I'm excited for the Panthers offense to take a step forward this year, and as a result, I want to I think the guy behind the guy has value there, doubtled. It's not like he broke the bank for the contract that they signed him to, but ETN did not. They didn't invest heavy draft capital in him either. Are you team Doubtle or team ETN for the backup Panthers running back that you want?
Speaker 2: Really? Yeah, I have not joined a team there, and that's not good contribution for this show.
Speaker 1: But well, I mean, if they're staying away, that's still staying away is one thing.
Speaker 2: You gotta have a reason staying away, and you just can't say it's because the Carolina Panthers. But that's my June answer. But I'm going to try to figure out a better answer. And I couldn't even come up with a logical answer because I just see that a drafter ended up with DeAndre Hopkins in the twentieth round. That's that's that's that's fantasy football playing right there.
Speaker 1: Buddy, Robert Morell, congratulations to you on that. I believe it was the great poet Geddy Lee Farrell that said, if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice, right, So that's something to be said. With the with the Panthers running situation, Listen, it's not I don't envision that being a league winning potential situation there this year, but could it help you out for a week or two, Yes, and it definitely is worthwhile in the twentieth round to grab et And where did Dowdell go tonight? Oh Dowell went in the fourteenth rown to ali yusephls. So so there you go with that. With the with the Carolina Panthers, there was one. Oh yeah, Scott Kobe wants to know Farrell is will wrap up our backup Panthers running back situation. Yes, twentieth round. You guys think Dowdell could get cut in preseason. I don't know if there's any guaranteed money there. I don't think that there's a lot. If there is, so, yeah, I think it's entirely possible. I just don't behind him. It's that Raheem blacks year guy.
Speaker 2: Right, I am the best player I really like. Let me find a guy that I I really like, Black Cheer, that's my guy.
Speaker 1: Well, Black Cheer. The other thing with him is I think he's really good on special teams too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a great kick good. I think he could go in the slot and catch some passes. He's a great NFL player. None of these guys are going to help.
Speaker 4: In his face.
Speaker 1: Well, but that's the point here, is like, if you're probably not keeping four running backs, if you're Carolina, you're keeping Hubbard, you just invested in the ETN. If Black Cheer is that good on special teams, maybe Dubtell is the odd man out. Well.
Speaker 2: You got to remember there's an injured reserve for players that sometimes aren't injured, and there is also a sixteen man practice squad.
Speaker 1: That's true, very true, And you can play the.
Speaker 2: Practice squad players the full full boat if you.
Speaker 1: Want, yes, you can absolutely. That is going to wrap up our show tonight. We have twenty rounds, twelve teams, two hundred and forty picks done. So congratulations to everybody who is a part of this draft to night. Made it a lot of fun for us. And thanks to Jared Hines for hopping aboard as well. Farrell, I want to thank you the f FPC, Rob and Bryce. Of course I want to remind everybody that Farrell and I will.
Speaker 2: Be back here.
Speaker 1: We will be back on Friday, June twenty seventh, so we'll get back. No so no show this Friday. This is your high Fantasy Football Hour this week, but we'll be back Friday. We're gonna talk with one of the f FPC Joe's next Friday, Farrell in the form of one Jason Camp who is an eleven time FFPC League winner. Very excited to talk with him. That'll be our next show Friday, June twenty seventh. So thank you so much for hanging out with me tonight. Always fun to talk with you. Whenever it is no longer well now it's about to be a desert of desolation because we can't do a show for me in the next couple weeks.
Speaker 2: You know, hats off to the crowd and the chap tonight. It just yes, it's wonderful here in the middle of June to see you know guys, they're so knowledgeable, so deep into understanding what they want to do. It just makes me want to get on that plane and fly to Vegas tonight for everybody to get there. I got stuff to do between now and there.
Speaker 1: Yes, we all do, We all do. I will let you get a start on some of that stuff right now, Farrell, I will talk with you next Friday live on the HSFFR.
Speaker 2: Thanks. Scott wants a certain sign off?
Speaker 1: Oh hold on, where is it? Oh no, Scott, You're gonna get a form of that, just not quite yet and it's not the exact same thing, but you will get a form of that sign up for sure. Fara will be good man, talk with you soon. That is Ferrell Elliott, the definitive Commissioner of Fantasy Football, hanging out with me on the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour tonight. Like I said, Jason Camp will be our guest next Friday. Rodavus High Stakes Lowdown your people have been saying, bulky, where's the June episode? Stuff happened the last couple of weeks, so we couldn't get the June episode out when we wanted to. It will come out tomorrow ten pm right here on this FFPC YouTube channel. Five time league winner and twenty twenty five FFPC pros Versus Joe's drafter, Billy van Ormer gonna join me on the he wrote of his high stakes load down at ten o'clock file that's gonna be a lot of fun, and then we'll have Wednesday Night. I won't be on, but Aidan Lacory, Dave Turchipoli will have live big I think it's Big Gorilla. I should check that before I say I think it's live Big Gorilla Draft coverage. So if you like the the Big Gorilla Draft coverage you got tonight, you're gonna get some more of it. Yep, Big Gorilla Draft coverage. Aid Lacory, Dave Terpoli and special guest Fantasy Points own Scott Barrett is gonna hang out with those guys and give the live play by play if you want to sign up for that league. I believe there are still spots open I'm gonna verify that right now and just make sure I'm not talking out of my rear.
Speaker 3: End that.
Speaker 1: Wednesday, there are spots open, yes, only five left, so hustle in and get in there now if you can. The Thursday Night Insider Access Show will also be live on f FPC YouTube. Rodaballers corbyin Young will join me for two full hours so you get live draft coverage, you get Billy van Ormer tomorrow, you have more live draft coverage on Wednesday, and then corbyin Young from rodaball are hanging out to talk a little fantasy football with the FFPC for two full hours Thursday night.
Speaker 2: Give me a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Biggerler tournament is going on right now. Million dollar grand prize, seven bananas promo is live. If you keep getting that seven banana seven pick multiple times in a row, we're gonna reward you with free Bestball Main Event, high Society teams, and of course a free Jungle Safari if you get it five times in a row. FFPC Main event has slow drafts going on, Live events going on on the weekends as well. Excuse me, live drafts going on. We're not quite the Paris Casino yet in Las Vegas, but you can draft FFPC Main Event live teams there as well or online right now and then. Bestball and super Flex Bestball tournaments available at my ffpc dot com. Dynasty startups also available at m y f FPC dot com. Two thousand plus leagues. None have folded in fifteen years. Remember to like this video, subscribe to this video, comment or subscribe to the channel. I should say, comment on it, share it with your friends, with your enemies, and getting unified each and every time we go live, which will be tomorrow Tuesday, with Bill Dan Warmer on the road of his high Stakes loadown for Farall Elliott. I'm Ric Balkman. This has been the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour. Your week officially starts now.
Speaker 3: This has been another episode of the Hot Stakes Fatasley Football Hour, presented by my FFPC dot com. It was broadcast live and was watched around the world. Bulky and Farrell will be back next week with more analysis, more interviews, add more advice from guests much smarter than they are. Thanks for watching, and we'll talk with you again next week. I don't know if I did it, so I'll just mention it right now. Rodavus high Stakes Load on ten pm Eastern. All these times are Eastern ten pm tomorrow, that's Tuesday, Wednesday night the live draft coverage with Lacory Poly and Barrett We'll start at nine pm Eastern Time, and then Thursday seven pm Eastern Time for the FFPC Insider Access Show.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much for watching. Everybody, really appreciate you guys tuning in and being really vocal in the chat. Made for a fun conversation made to just enhance the draft. We love watching drafts and we love talking about it, so thanks so much for making my night. Appreciate each and every one of you as well, and we will talk with you again tomorrow night on the road of his High Stakes Load.