Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to kf I Am six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: How is this even news?
Speaker 3: I know what you're gonna say.
Speaker 1: Britney Spears was on a private jet yesterday and she was drinking and lit up a cigarette on the flight.
Speaker 2: She got in trouble the flight attendant to order to pull it out. Put it out? Excuse me, not pull it out? That's weird.
Speaker 1: And then when she landed she was quote unquote difficult. That is not that is a Thursday.
Speaker 3: That it was thursd Thursday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we want to think, by the way, Destination Landcaster for hooking up the KFI crew with some places to stay last night. So thank you again Today's Destination Lancaster for that.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 4: We want to thank Bart and everybody at Bravery for hosting us.
Speaker 3: Once again today.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love it here.
Speaker 3: And before we get.
Speaker 4: Into all of our trending stories, just a reminder we have more stuff that we're going to be giving away.
Speaker 3: At one o'clock.
Speaker 4: When we're done with the live broadcast, we're going to turn around and record the podcast here with everybody answering your questions.
Speaker 3: So we have little slips of paper up here.
Speaker 4: If you have a question that you need answered, you could drop it in that bucket and we'll be answering those questions as our gas weekend face.
Speaker 1: Is there anybody that's going to kind of vet the questions.
Speaker 4: Or anything goes No, We'll go through and we'll get some of the questions. But if you guys have a drink, you want to raise your glasses real quick. Not just to everybody here at Bravery, this is a reminder that this is the kickoff to Memorial Day weekend. So for everybody who we have lost in the line of service throughout throughout our times, here is this great country. A huge cheers, thank you for everybody for coming today, and here's to Bravery and here's to.
Speaker 3: The United States. What else is going on?
Speaker 5: Time for what's happening?
Speaker 4: Well, a bunch of trending stories that are happening today. For one thing, there is yet another minor incident. Am I an er incident similar to the ones the Chilean miners done. In this case it was South Africa.
Speaker 1: Don't you have a song about this? What condition are they in?
Speaker 3: They're okay? As of right now, we understand.
Speaker 4: So it's still in the Song territory and instead of thirty three miners, there are several hundred miners underground.
Speaker 3: At the Kloof gold mine near Johannesburg.
Speaker 1: Was a shaft incident. Anyone ever have a shaft incident?
Speaker 2: No takers?
Speaker 4: I think NINI had a software program that would tell us how many incidents there?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 2: Who got my joke?
Speaker 1: Yeah right, I know, But come on, remember that guy who's to work at KFI that would always talk about his broken one anyway, moving on.
Speaker 3: I was never a part of those conversations.
Speaker 2: Just set it on the air all the time.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, okay, now I got it.
Speaker 2: If you have a shaft incident, you don't go on the air and talk about it. Right.
Speaker 3: According to the mine, it's not going to touch that. I'm not going to touch it.
Speaker 4: According to the mining company, they say, no one is actually trapped. There are other ways to get out of that mine. It's just going to take them a very long time. And they said, but by the end of the day today, by the end of Friday, they should all be out of that gold mine.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Who's on a dating app? Yeah, how's it going good, no good. I hear mixed reviews. Sometimes it's great. I've got friends that are married after meeting someone on a dating app.
Speaker 2: And then and then there's a.
Speaker 3: Then there's the stalkers.
Speaker 1: Detectives with the LAPD are asking for the public's help identifying and locating four suspects involving a violent robbery and shooting late last month.
Speaker 3: How does this?
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, here we go, April twenty eighth. It began just after midnight when the male victim met up with a girl he connected with on a popular dating app.
Speaker 2: In a remote area.
Speaker 1: That's moments after he met up with this girl described as between the ages of seventeen and twenty five, to additional suspects jump out of the bushes.
Speaker 2: No, not really.
Speaker 1: They arrived in a Dodge Charger, and that is when they all robbed him. So he thought he was going to a little rendezvous point, maybe a little action, maybe a little you know, and.
Speaker 2: He got robbed.
Speaker 1: Two new people jumped out of the closet.
Speaker 3: Is there anybody that's a fan of the Final Destination movies? Oh? The line one just came out.
Speaker 2: I think the first one in fourteen years or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know if it's supposed to be the last one, but the latest one just came out a week ago or something. Do It did pretty well. It beat whatever it was up against, I know that. But there was a story that came down about the two ten, the big rig that was hauling lumber that crashed through the sound wall early this morning. Isn't that One of the scenes is a logging truck like spills out.
Speaker 3: This is and I don't know if you guys saw this.
Speaker 4: When we're doing the show from Burbank, they have a lot of the different you know, the Disney studios across the street, the old NBC studios. There's a lot of promotion that goes along in that town just because of where it is. The Final Destination company, who ever produced it has been driving fake logging trucks around la and we see him a bunch of times rolling out underneath the window and it says a big Final Destination poster on the side of it.
Speaker 3: Very free.
Speaker 4: This crash was reported this morning eastbound two ten in the San Gabriel Valley. Big rig collide with another vehicle near Baldwin and then went through the freeway sound wall. It turns out it was a lumber truck. It was carrying finished boards.
Speaker 3: But it wasn't. It wasn't just logs that rolled out. That would have been scarier.
Speaker 1: Remember Billy and Tina elephants in Los Angeles, You.
Speaker 3: Missed this whole thing this week.
Speaker 1: Oh no, go on, I won I tell me more.
Speaker 4: So we all woke up on Wednesday to these breathless reports that the elephant's enclosure was empty because.
Speaker 3: Nobody knew why they got moved. Yeah, but nobody knew they were being moved. Everybody knew they were being moved, everybody, but apparently nobody knew they were being.
Speaker 4: Moved because everybody, all the elephant people different.
Speaker 1: The elephant supporters, well, no, no, careful, because there's elephant supporters that wanted them to stay and then elephant supporters that wanted them to be removed. So there was two camps of elephant supporters.
Speaker 4: Those who wanted them to stay went to the zoo on Tuesday, all day Tuesday and said that the elephants were never in the enclosure and there were no elephant keepers or.
Speaker 2: Anything else they think happened.
Speaker 4: But they literally called the zoo and said, where are the elephants and the zoo told at least some of them, they're fine, it's just a hot day. They're probably in the elephant barn, when in fact they were already in the truck zoo making their way through Arizona, New Mexico.
Speaker 1: So seriously lie to people called apparently well, it's It is the most emotional issue I've ever seen at La City Hall, and it was one of the first stories I covered twenty years ago after moving here. The people that show up for the elephant debate at La City Council, it's number that you would not see for any other issue. Well, layoffs, police fire, the big crowds, but not not even close to the size of the people upset about the elephant.
Speaker 4: Think about the people who went to the zoo and went to the zoo and stood by the elephants enclosure all day on Tuesday waiting to see the elephant.
Speaker 1: And like I'm saying, it's not like a couple people, No, it's a very big population. Anyway, Billy and Tina are at the Tulsa Zoo. They've arrived and they are currently in a standard quarantine period. They're kept separate from the other elephants Are you upset because you don't get to make out with them the way you made out with the camel.
Speaker 4: Again, the camel made out with me. I didn't make out with the camel. There is a very big difference. Okay, he did not have consent.
Speaker 2: It's a boy.
Speaker 3: It is in my mind. I didn't get that close.
Speaker 2: It is in my mind. Did you wanted it to be a boy?
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, if I'm gonna kiss a camel, I might as well kiss a dude camel.
Speaker 2: Right, totally, totally, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: The zoo officials say the care team is bonding with the elephants, and uh, they're not going to see guests for a while, but they're there living their life, living their elephant life.
Speaker 4: We have a couple other animals, so I guess we're running out of time for this segment. We have a couple of other animals stories that we'll get to as well. What you learned this week on The Gary and Shannon Show is coming up. Our nine news nuggets you need to know coming up to end the show.
Speaker 3: Stick around.
Speaker 4: If you're here in the building, we'll be doing our live edition of The Gas Weekend Fix, the podcast episode that only shows.
Speaker 3: Up on the podcast. That'll come up a little bit later.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of nervous.
Speaker 4: Well, well the way doing it in front of people, Yeah, okay, well just pretend.
Speaker 1: That, uh, it just gets really dirty sometimes.
Speaker 3: No, it does not come on.
Speaker 4: Gary and Shannon will continue live today our news and Bruise at Bravery Brewing, Lancaster.
Speaker 3: It is hot lunch time right now.
Speaker 2: That hot.
Speaker 4: It's not no, no, but I mean it for a hot lunch. More Animal stories.
Speaker 1: Will come back Third Grade Cafeteria.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: Thank you for that.
Speaker 4: A couple of reminders, by the way, we still have some stuff that we're going to be giving away before.
Speaker 3: The end of the show.
Speaker 4: If you're here, stick around for one o'clock. We are going to record our Weekend Fix, the Gas Weekend Fixed podcast, which is we're going to answer a bunch of questions that you guys have written down, so thank you. If you have questions that you'd like to ask, come out up and grab one of these little slips of paper and throw it in that bucket and we'll see if we get to it. We're going to do what you learned this week on the Gary and Shannon Show. In a few minutes, we got our nine news nuggets you need to know to get you ready for your long weekend. But also we have a chance for you to win a thousand bucks.
Speaker 3: Here saire you can win it now.
Speaker 5: Your chance to win one thousand dollars just under this nation on our website.
Speaker 3: Fun. It's fun Fun.
Speaker 5: Edward now at KFIAM six forty dot com.
Speaker 3: Slash cash powered.
Speaker 5: By Sweet James Accident Attorneys.
Speaker 3: If you're hurting an accident.
Speaker 5: Winning is everything called the winning Attorneys at Sweet James.
Speaker 3: One eight hundred nine million.
Speaker 5: That's one eight hundred nine million or sweet James dot com.
Speaker 4: Again, that keyword goes on the website and if you win that thousand bucks, they'll let you know via email that you want a thousand We'll do it again next hour during John Show.
Speaker 3: He's going to give you a chance to win a thousand bucks.
Speaker 4: We were talking about the elephants Tina and Billy and they're now Oklahomas in quarantine at the Tulsa Zoo. There were a couple other stories about animals. Did you hear about the Postal service truck that had thousands of abandoned chicks in it, chicken babies.
Speaker 1: No, I'm sorry, I just I was cheating. I was looking at Keana's nuggets.
Speaker 3: Oh is she doing it again? Has she done it?
Speaker 2: I mean? Have you ever heard of summer penis?
Speaker 3: What kind?
Speaker 2: Anyway, we'll get to it. What about the chickens?
Speaker 4: So there was a postal service truck that had been abandoned for three days and inside. This is in Delaware where thousands of baby chicks, and they finally have been able to adopt all of them out.
Speaker 2: You have to fill out paperwork for that? How does that work?
Speaker 3: Listen? I don't know. We're in lancash You just take grab a chicken off the street here, can't you?
Speaker 2: Can you?
Speaker 3: I think?
Speaker 2: So you can take a chicken home if you'd like to.
Speaker 4: Yes, there's a reason your husband didn't come, but I don't you're gonna have to surprise him with chickens.
Speaker 1: You've spent four days talking to me before. Wudn't you take the fifth off?
Speaker 3: They said?
Speaker 4: The birds that survived, that's the key is that some of them died because they were three days in a post office truck, about five thousand of them.
Speaker 3: There were other turkeys.
Speaker 4: There were quails in there, but almost every single one of them has been adopted by local families and rescues and farms in that area.
Speaker 2: Day doing there.
Speaker 3: I guess you can buy chicks through the mail.
Speaker 1: I don't, yeah, but we've heard of mail order chicks before a shaving.
Speaker 2: The truck they just left it there, like, how does that work?
Speaker 3: It was left unattended at a distribution center.
Speaker 2: That person should be killed.
Speaker 3: The postal service worker, Yeah, okay, that's all.
Speaker 2: Right, all those poor animals in the back of a postal service.
Speaker 4: And then the other story that was that was kind of heartbreaking. If you've seen the video of the stray dog that was fending off the pack of coyotes down in Orange County, it's a drive it's like a doorbell cam, ring cam over someone's driveway and there is a beautiful little stray dog that was attacked by several coyotes. In this viral video, one year old German shepherd lab mix healthy, happy.
Speaker 3: What do you do when you're.
Speaker 4: Surrounded by five or six coyotes? But he was freaking out, didn't quite know what to do. But the thing is he didn't die. He didn't let them get him and was able to fight back and basically fend off all of these coyotes.
Speaker 3: They have named him Duke.
Speaker 4: He's going to be getting training at a Tustin animal shelter.
Speaker 3: And the expectation is that he's going to go to a good home. Look at that guy. They got a little dog. Guy, Look at that little Do you.
Speaker 1: Have a story about a dog that wasn't attacked?
Speaker 3: My dog got out of the house.
Speaker 2: Oh, whatever happened with that?
Speaker 4: I never heard how that all cannot look at my wife when I tell the story, because well.
Speaker 2: It's an important part of the story. So I left.
Speaker 1: So the last I heard was Friday, and he did it lock. First of all, well let's not go into everything that happened that led up to it. But there was a faulty door, the dog got out, a neighbor found the dog. The dog's fine. I never heard if you fix the door. Your wife was out of town. She was coming back up to town on Saturday. I never heard about that. I didn't hear about anything.
Speaker 3: Thumbs up, thumbs down, the door latches.
Speaker 2: You like it?
Speaker 3: Should you have it fixed?
Speaker 2: The door?
Speaker 3: She wants a new door order. No, it has not it's been talked about, it hasn't been ordered.
Speaker 2: It needs to be ordered. Bro, that's your front door.
Speaker 3: So the point yeah right, the white smoke, bro raise your hand.
Speaker 2: A front door that locks is important. Okay, it's unanimous. We're getting a new door. Let's order it.
Speaker 1: Can we do it on Amazon? Do I call the depot? How do I make this happen?
Speaker 3: You know who does doors? American Vision Windows.
Speaker 2: American Vision Windows.
Speaker 3: They were at the house yesterday, Yes, yeah, and you know what they talked about the price front door. Oh yeah, that's what we talked about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's the update.
Speaker 4: You didn't pull the trigger on the no and Peter's fine. Just let's get to the brass tacks. Peter's fine, He's just fine.
Speaker 2: But when your wife came back, yes, how is that?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: How many comments.
Speaker 1: Still exist about the dog getting out the not many many.
Speaker 3: It's been several days. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Saturday night and most of Sunday were pretty It was colder than you expect when you sleep outside at about four in the morning, four or five in the morning, it starts getting light, and that's really hard to stay asleep when you're outside.
Speaker 1: So let me get this right. She let you out, but didn't let you back in. Did the neighbor bring you back inside?
Speaker 4: I had to go to the neighbor's house and I played with the neighbor's dog for a while, and then the neighbor took pictures and sent them and so.
Speaker 2: Oh, man, I really wish I could have milked that this week.
Speaker 4: All right, let's end this show on a good note. We're gonna do our what you learned this week on the Gary and Shannon Show. We're gonna do our nine news nuggets you need to know coming up in a few minutes. We're gonna then, if you're here at Bravery Brewing in Lancaster, record our weekend podcast called Weekend Fix that'll come.
Speaker 3: Up right after one o'clock. Let's kick this weekend off.
Speaker 4: You're going to take a group picture and a group picture if you're in the building right now, start heading on up here.
Speaker 3: We'll take a picture. We'll be posting it to our socials.
Speaker 5: All right, you're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI Am sixty.
Speaker 3: They had good Kanye news.
Speaker 2: I didn't mean to dig.
Speaker 4: Everybody's been waiting for the Kanye West news of the day.
Speaker 2: Not one person.
Speaker 3: Kanye's in rehab. Everybody Kanye's in rehab, so that's good.
Speaker 4: He's in rehab in on the Spanish island of Mayorka.
Speaker 2: That sounds beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how awful? Would that be? One hundred and sixty seven thousand.
Speaker 4: Dollars a week for the rehab place that he's in. One hundred and sixty seven thousand dollars?
Speaker 1: Want a racket? What a freaking racket to whatever? I think that's great. By the way, Finn the camel wants everybody to know we need to adopt.
Speaker 2: We need to go to the shelters. We need to adopt. It's a dire situation.
Speaker 3: There are there a lot a lot of camels up for adoption.
Speaker 2: No, that's not what we're talking about.
Speaker 3: You're talking about smaller animals.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, you can't take Finn home.
Speaker 3: Weirdo, you had your moment not fit in the car? Embrace it. We uh.
Speaker 4: Every week we try to do stuff that's educational. We try to give people information about what's going on.
Speaker 2: Well, I was gone, so I'm sure it was educational.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's entirely true.
Speaker 2: You're very educating.
Speaker 3: That's the nicest thing. You've said all day. I'm very educating you are. Elmer has the music?
Speaker 4: Elmer, why don't you hit that music for the What you learned this week on the Gary and Shannon.
Speaker 7: Joe, Gary and Shannon and everybody up there at the Braver Brewery.
Speaker 3: This is John Famnorco.
Speaker 5: And what I learned this week.
Speaker 7: Is that Shannon sometimes getting nervous when she has to do it in front of people. Have a great day, everybody, Thank you weirdo.
Speaker 6: This week here and Shannon, I learned that Gary lust hot lunches.
Speaker 4: I do like hot lunches. The hottest of lunches is the best kind of lunch.
Speaker 2: Yeah. This week on the Gary Sharon Show, I learned about the Axial Seamount underwater volcano five hundred miles away from California, three hundred miles away from Oregon.
Speaker 3: It's gonna go up, but it's gonna.
Speaker 1: Be more like a Hawaiian or Rob Chan will mellow, you know, so it's not gonna wipe us out.
Speaker 3: All right, y'all, have a good weekend. See why Probably not gonna whipisode.
Speaker 6: But I learned on the Gary and Shannon Show this week Shannon saw a buffalo and a loose this week. Ass pretty cool, but unfortunately each time she saw them, she was standing in front of the mirror.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, the buffalo you saw was in the mirror.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get that.
Speaker 3: This week found the.
Speaker 6: Gary and Channer Show, I learned that Gary and Milk an upcoming story.
Speaker 5: Like no one else.
Speaker 6: For about five hours yesterday he was talking about.
Speaker 3: This new study of where they used to tower.
Speaker 2: Early or later today. You did that yesterday to story.
Speaker 6: Coming up until finally the last story of the day comes up, and.
Speaker 3: Oh, you can power anytime you want. It doesn't matter, it does matter. You just have to wash your ship. That was it wasn't the best time.
Speaker 1: You teased it the whole day. No, And then the end the payoff was shower whenever you want.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: Remember, I wouldn't just say something like that to be uneducational. You've just said I'm educational sometimes I would hope.
Speaker 2: So, okay, well, so when is the best time to shower? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you, Carl. Go back and check out the podcast.
Speaker 4: Anywhere you find your podcast, just go search Gary Shannon. Done, sir, That's what everybody learned this week on the Gary Shannon Show.
Speaker 2: I thought you were going to be more educating.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, we can't do it. It's hard to hear. It's all that sort of stuff. It's not as fun as we thought it was.
Speaker 2: Gonna just have to listen to the podcast.
Speaker 4: But last week you did something interesting with the nine News NUA chiney to know. You challenged producer Keana to come up with the craziest news nuggets.
Speaker 2: These what I don't think I challenged her.
Speaker 5: It was a.
Speaker 4: Downright throw down the gauntlet challenge to come up with the craziest stuff, right, yes, and what did you do?
Speaker 3: And I found the most you paid off?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, that was pretty dirty.
Speaker 4: This this week, we've got some stuff at the top that top of the list that will be just to be careful, all right, yeah, we have kids. All right, it's time for our nine news nuggets. You need to know the stories that kind of fell through the cracks for the rest of the week. Here is your honorable mention.
Speaker 3: Honorable mention, not.
Speaker 5: Honor serving with you didn't.
Speaker 3: Great honorable movie.
Speaker 7: So today we're holding auditions to become the newest member of honorplemation.
Speaker 1: There's this thing, it's this debate that I hear from time to time mostly football season because it involves people from a lot of different parts of the country.
Speaker 2: But what a.
Speaker 1: Burger versus in and out burger?
Speaker 3: It's a hole to do.
Speaker 1: And if you're from Texas, you die on that. What a burger hill is what I've gleaned from the debate that I've overheard. And a Houston guy is suing what a Burger for nearly a million dollars?
Speaker 2: Why because his burger had.
Speaker 1: Onions on it? Somebody just called that? Do you get the onion?
Speaker 2: What a burger? Newsletter? Or you just knew the onions would be.
Speaker 1: A gross gross miscarriage of burger or wreath burgery?
Speaker 3: Burgery?
Speaker 4: Can I commend you on your pronunciation of onions?
Speaker 6: There?
Speaker 3: Did anybody else notice she didn't say it the wrong way? She said it the exact right way.
Speaker 2: Onions?
Speaker 3: Have you been working on that? I mean, that is the craziest thing. No, I'm dead serious though, No, thank you.
Speaker 1: You know it's not just Kanye if that's bettering himself.
Speaker 3: I am not lying to you.
Speaker 4: In the moment I met you, the first word out of your mouth was onion with a G in the middle of it. And that was the first time I've ever heard you say unprompted, you just said onions.
Speaker 2: I'm growing up onions.
Speaker 4: Oh you guys, we're watching this in real time. This is amazing, this is really great.
Speaker 2: Do you put onions on your burgers?
Speaker 4: If I am with my wife, I do not put onions on my burgers.
Speaker 3: Ah, if she.
Speaker 4: Is anywhere within the Western hemisphere, I probably don't put them on my burgers.
Speaker 1: I go crazy when I'm like on my Jersey mics, I'm like extra onions.
Speaker 3: I don't know about extra, but I am a fan of.
Speaker 2: Just if I'm alone, I really hit the onions.
Speaker 4: Because I grew up my parents would always just put onion on whatever, whatever, salads of fruit, whatever they would Did you put.
Speaker 3: An onion on it?
Speaker 4: And I mean a slice of a bright white onion thickle slice.
Speaker 2: You don't cook, the crunch.
Speaker 1: The coil, the onion on the hot patty.
Speaker 2: Raw onion or grilled onion.
Speaker 6: I like it.
Speaker 2: Raw.
Speaker 3: Raw is the way to go more flavorful.
Speaker 2: It's a real white trash way to do things. I love it.
Speaker 3: Here's number nine.
Speaker 7: I did nine place.
Speaker 2: It's got really animated over.
Speaker 3: I'll be ready to go another nine and niner? Did I get shed niner in there.
Speaker 4: You're calling, all right, I guess a drug bust in Costa Rica is probably not really that much of a news item. You figure, you got your crack cocaine, you got your marijuana. That's you know, it's it's one of the things that happens in every part of the world. What doesn't happen in every part of the world is the capture of five cappy baras.
Speaker 2: What's a kappy bara?
Speaker 4: Imagine a giant dog sized guinea poole.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's really cute.
Speaker 3: It's a massive, massive road and it's like the largest living road in it is Uh. They the coast a recent Coasta Rican police sees the crack cocaine, the marijuana, and five of these cappy barras after chasing down a vehicle on the highway.
Speaker 1: So cute, but if you saw one you'd be like, what the hell is that?
Speaker 3: And I don't know what they do with them.
Speaker 4: They are at least if they're here in the United States, they're considered a.
Speaker 3: Pass and I think you can hunt them legally.
Speaker 1: There are states where they are legal to keep Texas, Washington, North Carolina, Arizona, Arkansas, Indiana, Florida, and Tennessee.
Speaker 3: Not California.
Speaker 2: No, we don't get to we don't get to use.
Speaker 3: We don't get fun things here.
Speaker 2: We're not gonna get a cappy bearra. We don't get to take showers here.
Speaker 3: Here's number eight. Chied is bold every eight second listening to eight different bosses drawn on about missions state.
Speaker 1: So when you were in Costa Rica, you didn't bring your crack and your weed with you.
Speaker 4: No, but I brought my cappy barras That's where it was. So a woman was bitten by a dog and has sued. This is in Canada. Ying Shen had been heading towards the lobby of her apartment complex to wish the building's conciergea happy holidays.
Speaker 3: This is back on Christmas Eve in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 4: She was bitten by a dog, a miniature Australian shepherd, and she got out of the elevator at the same time that the neighbor had come into the elevator.
Speaker 3: With his daughter's dog.
Speaker 4: So the dog, whatever it was intense growling, the dog bites this woman, Ying Shen. She files an incident report at the City Vancouver, and the lawyer in this case of the judge, sorry, the judge in this case overseeing. She was trying to sue the owner of the dog for several thousand dollars because of the dog bite. And what the judge said was, you know what, I sympathize with you, miss Shen, but I am bound to the plot apply the law as it stands. In the eyes of the law, what happened on Christmas Eve was essentially an accident that no one is to blame for because a dog should be allowed at least one bite.
Speaker 2: I think that's fair, right, Yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Get one chance. The dog is just trying to defend its site. The dog is probably a little scared.
Speaker 2: The dog is a dog.
Speaker 3: One nip, get out of there. Bite, Come on, get away from the dog.
Speaker 2: All right. Here's number seven.
Speaker 3: Day with a government.
Speaker 1: Checter seven seven years of college drain.
Speaker 3: Seven seven days.
Speaker 1: Do you ever have a neighbor that you didn't like, like back in you know, apartment days where they're like right on top of you and they're.
Speaker 4: Like, back on Tuesday, you didn't like the neighbor, But I mean recently, it doesn't have to be when you were in college, right.
Speaker 1: Right, But I feel like really annoying neighbors were usually they gone.
Speaker 3: They're in the apartments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this was going on in Thailand. Apparently there was a guy who had a super no noisy dog and this was a condo that had no pets policy. And this guy repeatedly complained to the housing management several times over the years and nothing was done. He was frustrated, so he took matters into his own hands.
Speaker 2: What did he do?
Speaker 1: He released two massive snakes into the hallway.
Speaker 3: Were they big enough to eat the dogs?
Speaker 2: They were really large?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Yeah, they were like six seven eight foot snakes.
Speaker 4: Oh so well, that would that would definitely send a message that my dog was not welcome in the news or in the in the hallway.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you think when the snakes got out that the door was left unlocked or it was a broken.
Speaker 3: Okay, listen, it happened one time.
Speaker 4: I will say also that there was one time when my wife was in charge in Peter.
Speaker 1: There's never six, here's never six. There's I just argue because the door was broken, that you didn't.
Speaker 5: Drink another track.
Speaker 2: All right, ladies, this is this is gold.
Speaker 3: I'm not a doctor. I am not a doctor. Ninety eight percent of the time when your water breaks, you should just go to the hospital or at the very least, dude, at the very least, no call the doctor.
Speaker 2: Nope.
Speaker 1: Not if you work in television news and you're a female. Oh boy, you deliver that baby at the desk because it is cutthroat. You step out to deliver your baby and another younger girl swoops in takes your anchor chair and you're done just for.
Speaker 2: Having that baby. So your water breaks, you stay in that chair.
Speaker 1: And that's exactly what happened in New York. And that is why she's the morning news anchor, because those women have been through a lot to get into that chair. And Olivia morning anchor for WRGB and Albany anchor the six am news, a couple hours after her water broke, she just stept on going.
Speaker 3: It just happened.
Speaker 4: It was Wednesday that this happened. Her water broke about four fifteen in the morning. She was there at the six am newscast when it started.
Speaker 1: And I bet every woman who is in television news would tell you they do the same thing because you just don't know who's breathing down your neck.
Speaker 3: I think my water just broke. Here's number five.
Speaker 5: I have five.
Speaker 3: We begin bombing in five minutes.
Speaker 6: She's the year five point five.
Speaker 5: Give me a favorite loose five pounds immediately.
Speaker 3: I have never been to a beach in Florida. Anybody ever been to a beach in Florida.
Speaker 4: Spend some time in Florida. This is probably the worst time for sargassum. Sargassum is a brown floating algae that turns unpleasant once it hits land. If it's in the water, everything's cool. Once it gets land, it starts trying out and heating up. Yeah, it starts smelling the worst kind of like rotted flesh smell that you could smell. Scientists estimate that this bloom of sargassum that is off the coast of Florida now is over five thousand miles long and weighs about thirty one million tons.
Speaker 1: Keana, Why did you put that story next to the Gwyneth Paltrow genital story?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's so. Let's let's go from a quick number five to a quick number four.
Speaker 2: More minute. Oh my god, yeah.
Speaker 3: Remember sargas No, yes, no, all right.
Speaker 1: So there's this Australian punk band it's called Private Function. They released a special edition of their latest record, which they say smells like Gwyneth Paltrow's LG.
Speaker 4: Sarcas the band announced. The band announced that they were pressing this vinyl on Instagram. One of the members of the band is actually holding the sorry is holding the album that they pressed in pink wax, and she wrote Lauren Hester wrote, I want you to cast your mind back to the fabulous year of twenty twenty. There was one news story that completely dominated the headlines. Gwyneth Paltrow had released a candle that smelled like.
Speaker 2: We don't need to have everyone's there.
Speaker 4: This was potentially the greatest thing anyone had ever done.
Speaker 1: She said, first of all twenty twenty, that were not the major headline. Okay, those candles sell for seven hundred dollars each.
Speaker 3: I never bought one, so I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: You got on a free They all came in. Yeah, I got them at the discount store.
Speaker 3: Here's number three three. The number count and the number on the counting shall be three with three outs, three security clearance level three, all three three. I got all three of you guys for the rest of your naxn live. After that three days, they both started stink. Three.
Speaker 1: There was a paper published yesterday in the journal Communications, Earth and Environment.
Speaker 2: Did you read yours? You've been busy.
Speaker 3: I am waiting for tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: Actually sounds really nice out on the deck with Peter, you and your journal there. Anyway, in this journal you will find tomorrow they have found that the ammonia wafting off the droppings of penguins have contributed to the formation of clouds that are insulating Antarctica, keeping it cool during climate change. So it's the penguins poop that's saving Antarctica's frosty conditions.
Speaker 2: What is your poop?
Speaker 1: What'd your poop do today?
Speaker 4: Well, it knocked out the Bravery brewing bathroom for forty five minutes early this morning, So.
Speaker 2: That wasn't a question for you to answer.
Speaker 3: So I thought that was an actual question.
Speaker 2: Number two, here's number two. What's going on? You really think? Okay, that's cool, like whatever whatever.
Speaker 4: Saint James Parish in Louisiana, they've had a lot of bad things going on in Louisiana, courting the Sheriff's office down at Saint James Parish. Deputies responded to an elementary school after one of the teachers dropped his cocaine in the hallway.
Speaker 2: Well that sucks.
Speaker 1: You think your cocaine's gonna be there at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, where's my blow?
Speaker 4: Where's all the second graders are acting like second.
Speaker 3: Graders and freaking out on the scene.
Speaker 4: The complainant explained that a small plastic bag with a white powder inside was found in a hallway. They later tested it and it did test positive for the presence of cocaine.
Speaker 3: Lee Michael Grainier.
Speaker 4: The video showed that teacher mister Grainier dropping that same little start bag.
Speaker 2: Took work in the schools. You know it takes a lot, very hard.
Speaker 4: Extra and Keana be ashamed of yourself. Here is number one weird number.
Speaker 2: One, number one, number one, Ben.
Speaker 6: Number one?
Speaker 3: Are you the number one?
Speaker 2: Number one?
Speaker 6: Number one?
Speaker 1: I'm a little confused because the headline reads, you've heard of winter Penis, Now prepare to learn about the summer side effects. I had not heard of winter Penis. Had you heard of winter Penis?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Do you know what that is?
Speaker 3: I know exactly what it is.
Speaker 2: What does it mean?
Speaker 4: Well, for the fifty percent of the people in the room, they know you got good days and bad days, right, what does that mean? So for the women in the room, you got good hair days and good bad hair days, right.
Speaker 3: Right, So for the dudes in the room, you got good day Wait, bad days?
Speaker 2: Wait? Tell me more.
Speaker 3: The whole thing is the temperature outside can dictate. And I use that word intentionally. How see people like it when you're how you present? Okay, So summer tends to be warmery right, Okay, more blood flow, got it?
Speaker 2: Got it right?
Speaker 4: And so the idea that summer penis is a bad thing is not necessarily it's the winter penis that's a little bit.
Speaker 3: It tends to be more shy.
Speaker 1: So I see, yeah, I see, I see.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's it. That's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 1: So why are doctors issuing warnings over this? It sounds like summer penis is a good thing.
Speaker 4: It's not a bad thing. I don't know if it's a good thing. I'll say it's not a bad thing. It's more about don't be concerned if if.
Speaker 1: Wait, so it says doctors claim that some men may experience shrinkage of up to fifty percent when exposed to air temperatures below sixty degrees.
Speaker 3: That's what I said, I'm not even a doctor, and I.
Speaker 2: Know that sixty degrees is nothing like. That's not even that cold.
Speaker 3: It's a good thing. It's eighty five here in Lancaster. You're right, fellas, Yeah, right, Alah.
Speaker 1: That summer penis all right and we're done, yep, just like that.
Speaker 3: Hey, we want to thank first of all everybody here. Thank you guys for coming out. Hey, Benny, what's going on? Hi, Benny. We want to thank Chris Chris from al To Diena, thanks for coming up and talking. Greg and Elena and Jose Patrick, Henry back there, the best name in the house today, Bart and Sam, Brian Kara, everybody here at Bravery Brewing for coming on out and helping us.
Speaker 4: Chris and Julie and our promotions guys were helping us out today.
Speaker 2: It was Jake's first time.
Speaker 3: Let's not forget about thank you wherever Jake went on.
Speaker 1: Paige first time she's left her house in a while. She's battling some health issues.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're with you there, Page Dana and Tom our security guys for you guys keeping the crowds at bay.
Speaker 3: We appreciate that. I think it was Angela.
Speaker 2: Was it your first time you yeah, yeah, all right, another first time.
Speaker 4: Bordop Elmer back in Burbank producer Keana huge, thank you as well, and again thank you to everybody who came out today. If you're here, stick around. We got one more segment. That's just the gas weekend fixed for you in the building.
Speaker 2: You know what helps with blood volume in there. Never mind, we're done with that. Thank you. I kept a reading.
Speaker 4: John co Belt show is up next. Thank you all for coming. We'll see on Monday. Stay dry, everybody say.
Speaker 2: The thing right, blessings.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.