Speaker 1: Five oh five, five k r C.
Speaker 2: T Talktations Suesday, Happy Tuesday, a vacation.
Speaker 3: And that's the way the news goes.
Speaker 1: Hey, good morning, Happy Tuesday. Brion Thomas here. Good to see Joe Strekkers, I get producer in there, and great to see Brigham Accounts on the lineup seven oh five with Hudson Institute. Bringham account in studio. Apparently been very busy since November. What has he been up to and the Trump transition and policy? And it's the boy. Those tariffs didn't take long to have an effect, did they. It was it less than twenty four hours. Chuck up a couple of more hashtags in the win column for Donald Trump. Of course we can talk about that. Speaking of talking, I love to hear from you five one three, seven, eight hundred eighty two to three talk Don five fifty on your AT and T phones. Still some ongoing negotiations with the Chinese, who similarly retaliated. But I just I can't believe that it some you know, measure of resolution was negotiated so quickly. Mexico caves first, and then on the heels of that, Trudeau, following an initial phone call with Donald Trump, then capitulates and provides Trump with some of the things he'd been asking for. Remember, the point of these tariffs was to stop ventanyl and illegal immigrants, and that's exactly what the measures are that the that they agreed to will have some impact on. Of course, I don't think it's going to have a complete one hundred percent effect of stopping ventanyl and illegal immigrants, but all the help we can get, and that's what we're getting from both Mexico and Canada in return for a thirty day reprieve so everyone can see if they maybe hammer out the details, see if they actually make good on their promises. Not the only developments in so far as Trump's tariffs and negotiations with other countries are going, all of which seem to be inhering to our benefit collectively with wins in the Trump column. It is Tuesday, which means eight point five. Inside Scoop with Bright Barton News Today Texas Border Associate Editor Bob Price, we'll talk about ice deportations protests against them, which I told you all along we're gonna come. I don't think i'm pressing in pointing out earlier. I guess around the election before the election I mentioned anyway, if Donald Trump gets elected, then well Donald Trump got elected. Now we can anticipate and what would that be massive protests in the streets by those who are protesting deportations. Some may observe, and I think rightfully so those areas and those protesters might be ripe targets for immigration customs officials to sort of scan pay attention to. We do a facial recognition software. Now question how many of the protesters were wearing masks to cover up their faces so they cannot be recognized with facial recognition software. But yeah, they shut down streets out in Los Angeles. Apparently Los Angeles Police department walked away from the whole thing and let them get away with it. But you can expect a lot more of that. And again, I don't think I'm going out on a limb saying that it has already happened. So we'll talk deportations, We'll talk protests, We'll talk about the role of DEEI and whether and did they have any role in the black Hawk American Airlines mid air collision. Some people say it is and I know earlier on there was a widely circulated a series of memes saying that the pilot of that Blackhawk helicopter was some transgender woman, and she was out on social media the next day waving around goling I'm not dead, I'm not dead yet. It wasn't me. And so some corrections that to be issued. Don't be quick to it. I just immediately think that what you've seen on the Internet is true, even if it fits your own political narrative. That's actually the most dangerous thing. Democrats do it all the time. Oh, we've been living with lies about Donald Trump. And they're recirculating claims about Donald Trump now for years and years and years, and they get so thoroughly convinced. They've seen it so many times that they just immediately hold it as gospel truth, and it isn't. Try to stay out of your echo chamber and do a little bit of research on your own. You may find the truth does exist out there, it just doesn't quickly and readily present itself to us. So anyhow, Bob will talk about that maybe there have been developments over the last day that I'm not aware of, but I haven't really seen anything. But we'll see. And I know de guy's not good. It's not good for our American military, and nothing can convince me to the contrary. People break things should be the core mission American military. Give them the best supplies, best equipment, train them to be hardcore fighters so they can protect us from threats both domestic and foreign. That's what it's all about. It's not a big indoctrination camp, except to the extent you're indoctrinated to be one cohesive unit without breaking it down into subcategories of you know whether which which little box you check one box, soldier check, effective, fighter check period Deep dive Daniel Davis every Tuesday eight thirty Today the latest on Ukraine and will Tulsey and Patel be confirmed? Strong opinions on that one. The retired Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Davis does, and I get a kick out of the conversations I have with him, and I hope you do as well. Remember podcast at you five Caresey dot com when you can't listen live. Yesterday Christopher Smitherman and the smither Event also Todd Sledge from the Cincinnida about some cool things happening at our local VA hospitals expanding providing better services. Monday Monday with Brian James as well podcast again. If if you have Caresy dot com get try hear Media app while you're over there. Should do that. And I have condolences to the family of Bill hemm Or. His father passed away the other day. And I've known Bill for a long long time, and in fact I remember his dad because Bill and I used to hang out together when we were in elementary school. I really got a quality guy. So sad to learn that he passed away. But condolences to the Hammer family. So, oh, listener lunches tomorrow. I'm getting some housekeeping out of the way. Listener lunch is going to be a little Miami Brewer if you can make it. Eleven thirty is a time. We've been there quite a few times and really enjoy it. So that's Milford twenty eight south off of two seventy fives. That's the way I get there. You may have an alternative route, but it's right there at twenty eight and fifty if I recall correctly. Nice spot. Hope to see a listener lunch a lot of good time. Fellowship's great and I'm looking forward to my cribbage game at the tail end of the lunch with cribbage, Mike. If you're out there, Mike, bring your egg game. Five one three, seven hundred, eight hundred two to three. Talked to a town five fifty on AT and T phones. I don't feel like diving on into the tariff situation yet. But again, when column for Donald Trump, we can talk about that a little more fully in detail in the six o'clock hour, or if you want to talk about it right away, give me a call. A couple of things I did want to bring out. First off, someone had called yesterday UH to ask about the Ohio governor race, and I rattled off whole bunch of names, some of whom have already declared. Most of the names will seem familiar with you. Viva Grandma Simmy hasn't formally entered a race yet, but apparently he is way ahead. There's two polls out which show Vva Gramma Swimmy is just walking away with it and he's not even announced formally he's going to run for Ohio governor. WPA intelligence survey of a high Republican primary voter is conducted on behalf of the Club for Growth pack has Rama Swimmy as the far away ahead leader fifty seven percent of the vote, behind him a distant second David Yost Ohio State Attorney General David Yost twenty six percent, coming in third. Presently Ohio Treasurer Robert Sprague. Only ten percent of those polled remain undecided. Survey found Ramaswimmy wins seventy percent of those who consider themselves very conservative, Yost twenty two percent in that category. Ramaswimmy gets sixty six percent of the voters that have a very favorable image of President Donald Trump, and that will be seventy six percent of those polled have a very favorable opinion Vive gets a sizable majority of those folks. Ramaswimmy forty five point lead over Yost among those voters who have heard of him and Yost, and fifty two points ahead against Yost among voters who have opinions of the two Ohio potential Republican gubernatorial candidates. They also say if the poll asked I guess if Trump were to endorse Ramaswimmy, his lead could surge by ten points. A separate poll done by Fabrizio Lee and Associates, No Never heard of him, says Ramaswimmy has a huge lead over Ghost fifty two percent of Republican voters in a primary ballot, Ghost coming in second at eighteen. So, you know, personally, I'll find this too shocking. I'm a fan of eve A Gramma Swimmy ever since I think I talked with him about his book Woke In. I think he's got some good ideas, very conservative and a wildly successful businessman, and kind of put him in that doge category, right, And in unrelated news, this was you know, I there's some good people out there. And I think of the nine to eleven attack, when those brave passengers on the plane, remember was it Let's Roll, and they ended up securing that air craft and prevented it from flying into I believe it was the Pentagon that he was heading for. But they lost their lives, but they were able to bring the plane down in an unpopulated area. Well, there are heroes all around us, and it's described as the swift actions of four tactically trained and they refer to themselves as banned dads. Remember that one time in band camp, Joe, These are banned dads. They helped prevent a tragedy after they took down an active shooter who opened fire at a band competition in Texas passing. The police department confirmed that an eighty three year old guy named Dennis Brandle He's been charged with a aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after opening fire at a high school band competition. Happened on Sunday six pm, pasadying an independent school district in Angleton Independent School. I guess we're doing a competition or something. Elderly guy identified as his brandal idiot walked into the entrance to the auditorium this after the drum competition, carrying a handgun when he opened fire. One shot hit the door, another hit a twenty six year old in the shoulder. Twenty six year old described as a percussion technical consultant for the Angleton High School taking to Houston Hospital, expected to make full recovery, which is wonderful. But right after the guy fired the gun, he was tackled by one of the parents in the audience. Pasadena Police, a civilian, and several Good Samaritans immediately apprehended the suspect. Court of local news air Fox twenty six, the Heroes Air Force veteran Abram Trevino, Army veteran Adam mccurrow, Marine veteran Efrine Castilio, and Houston Police Department sergeant Joe Sanchez heroes all. Trevino and Crow both surf for thirteen years because still a surf for four and Sanchez was working for the Houston Police Department. He's been there for thirty two years. Carol speaking with local news. As soon as everyone was screaming and yelling, gun shots fired, joined myself, looked at each other and ran straight to the door. By the time we got inside, Paulo and Abram were right behind us as a band dad team. Sanchez said, I grabbed his arm while Adams took the gun out. Once the gun was removed from his hands, we had no handcuff, so I took my belt off and made a handcuff. They were strained him until the cops showed up. Trevina said, I think anybody with our collective backgrounds would just do that just out of nature. They don't know the motive for the shooting. They're confident that the actions of those by pitch standards, though, proved to be truly heroic, and who can argue against that. Houston Police Department praised the Rowan Sanchez thanking for his selfless act when dangers struck. HPD Sergeant Joe Sanchez didn't hesitate while attempting a banded competition or attending a band competition in Pasadena School. Sergeant Sanchez was among those who quickly stepped up to protect lives. Brandle would be shooter, the murderer. Shooter not affiliated with the band contest being investigated. Police said. Brandall claim he was being chased by someone and then he was afraid he and his wife would be killed. No mention on whether he was taken off to the hospital for evaluation. Anyway, Cheers to the local heroes and thank god they're in among our community. Five eighteen five k CD talk stations stick around. Feel free to call. I'd love to hear Frank, you got something to say of you right back.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KARC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 5: Is your New Year's resolution to stop.
Speaker 1: Let's see here. Channel nines Weather forecast cloudie star today, got mostly cloudy skies later this afternoon as well. Forty six for the high overnight low of thirty with mostly cloudy skies overcast stage mornow showers in the afternoon with a high on thirty seven down to thirty six. Overnight rain is likely, storms are possible. Then Thursday we'll have showers in the morning, rain and a cold front says moving out eventually, okay you at least by springtime. Fifty five will be the high on Thursday. Right now, forty two degrees at fifty five care seasons dog station it is five to twenty two of the five car seat dog station.
Speaker 2: Day.
Speaker 1: Even grocery shopping lately, do you find the prices to just be unbelievably outrageous. You buy eggs by any chance, price of bef through the roof too. I just can't get over the price of groceries these days. And something I my wife and going to go every weekend at the grocery store. So I pay really close attention to these things. And you you gotta wonder when and no pun intended, look at maybe pun and tending when the chickens come home to roost. Of all places, waffle house, the staple that is waffle house, aren't all the waffle house is designed exactly the same. So whichever waffle house you're sitting in, you feel like you're in the one that's in your hometown regardless. And I mean I've been to waffle House maybe like three times in my entire lives, but I know people are huge fans of them. Bottom line is they've added a fifty cent surcharge per egg to all the menu items that have eggs corn to the waffle House in the release yesterday, the continuing egg shortage caused by bird flu has caused a dramatic increase in egg prices. Customers and restaurants are being forced to make different decisions. Of course, are difficult decisions, yet raising prices, there's only so much you can eat by way of your profit margin. Restaurants have very paltry profit margins to start with. You're gonna adjust egg prices based on market conditions going forwardward, and based upon the reporting, you can probably expect the fifty cent surcharge to go up to like seventy five cents, maybe even more. Average price of a dozen eggs since December has climbed to four dollars and fifteen cents, which seems like a bargain to me given what we paid for eggs the other day. Agriculture Department is predicting a twenty percent price increase in this year, not going down, going up, so siated Press also reporting that they can expect egg prices to keep climbing up, or we rather can expect egg prices to keep climbing well passed Easter, when, of course, the demand is at its highest. Ap reported the bird flu is forcing farmers to slaughter millions of chickens a month, pushing USS egg prices to more than double the cost from twenty twenty three, and in their words, it appears there may be no relief in sight given the surge and demand. The sure approaches. You said, anytime the virus is not on the poultry farm, the entire flows slaughter to help limit the virus spread. And with massive egg farms routinely housing more than one million chickens, just a few insections infections can cause a supply crunch. Of course, if you've been to your local grocery store and yeah, we go to Kroger or the egg section, they got signs up apologizing for the shortage. Some people are limiting the number of eggs you can actually buy at any given grocery visit. But here's one. Thank god, we're not in Elmira New York. Part of the reporting on this, they refer to them a place called Ann's Pancakes and Elmira local news they're talking to the owner, guy named Jared Fish. He said, we get most of our food from Performance Food Group. They've gone up substantially. I was doing a little price looking back in July of twenty twenty three. We paid ninety nine cents a dozen for eggs, and now they're right around eight dollars a dozen for eggs. Vendor wives, jeez, you get to get a handle on that bird flu. And that's one of those things that's out of everybody's hands.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump can't lay hands on the egg crisis and solve that. Coming up local stories, Alternatively, your phone calls. It is five twenty six right now, fifty five KR City Talk Station.
Speaker 6: Fifty five krct.
Speaker 1: Uh Tana nine first one forecast Today, clouds mostly cloudy sky's and I have forty six clouds again every night and unto thirty we'll have an overcast day Tomorrow, showers during the afternoon hours. Thirty seven for the high. Rain is likely every night. Some storms are possible as well. Thirty six for the low and I high have fifty five on Thursday with rain and the showers in the morning and rain as well. It's forty two degrees right now. Fifty five KR City Talk Station just shy five thirty and a happy Tuesday to you at eight hundred and eighty two three Talk or Pound five fifty on AT and T Funds to the local stories former greatest Cincinnati Fitness Education. A teacher arrested on federal child porn charges is dead while awaiting trial. Mark Authur arrested last July after he allegedly made more than two undred and sixty posts on a child pornography website over the last three years. FBI was investigating a child porn website discovered an account that allegedly belonged to this creep. July, Oak Hills High School, OH alleged creep. I guess he wasn't adjudicated to creep, so count allegedly belonged to him. In July Oak Hills High School, my alma mater, confirmed that he was a teacher at Delshire Elementary and was fired after his arrest. After all her died Sunday with apparent suicide at Quord to the Haven County Corners offices. I guess he had a guilty conscience. I guess we left our own devices on that one. Say what, Joe, darn, he's dead. That's sort of my reaction. Mother of a twelve year old boy who was shot in the head at their Deer Park home. Mom indicted on attempted murder charge, hamon kind of grand jury dited twenty nine year old Briacius drowned, one kind of attempted murder, two counts of florig's assault, currently being held on the Hamlin Kind of Justice Center. About three pm January twenty sixth, Dear Park police called her the forty one hundred block of Glenway Avenue for reported double shooting. Once they got their, officers found an adult and a child, both suffering from gunshot wounds in the garage. Man whose name has not been released, called nine one one, explaining that the injured were a female and a son, adding, I think she just shot her son and she's overdosing. Quarter of the nine to one one call. The call reporter that the twelve year old been shot in the head. January twenty seventh, and of the elementary confirmed the twelve year old was a student at the school. Adult now identified as Driud, who's the child's mother, was indict of January thirty then connection with the suiting. Deer Park's superintendent assured families that well they know it's upsetting, the news is and concerning for parents at the safety and well being the students, of course, remains a top priority. She scheduled to be in the Hamilton County Court February seventh, eight thirty am. If you're not doing anything, how could you shoot your own child? Got a Fairfield jury selection underway for the trial to suspected, a suspect accused of setting his dad's girlfriend on fire back in twenty twenty three court. To the court records, Robbie Robinson facing one kind of aggravated murder Fhlonia's assault in connection with the incident took the life of fifty year old brand and Brenda Scott May eleventh. If convicted, he could be facing the death penalty. Judge Keith Spaithrom Butler County yesterday summoned one hundred and twenty five potential juris from a twelve member for a twelve to form of a twelve member and jury length of the jury's selection process not certain. They say. One challenge is assembling a panel that can commit to two weeks of testimony, which is what they expect. Fox nineteenth Legal analyst Mike Allen had this to say, it's the most important criminal charge that there could be a capital case for murder. Also, normally in a felony case, you've got twelve peremptory challenges, which is a challenge where the lawyers for either side can kick somebody off the jury for any reason whatsoever, as long as it's not racial in nature. Apparently, the selected jurors will be hearing witnesses and seeing body camera footage from the evening. May eleventh officer said they were called to the home in the twenty sixth hentd Lolock of Royal Ridge about almost ten thirty in the morning and they found Scott lying in her backyard. According to Sergeant McCroskey, neighbor who called nine one one, Scott jumped out of a second story window and began yelling for help. After further investigation, it was discovered that the victim was in her upstairs bedroom when this guy came in, assaulted her and then set her on fire. Sergeant maccrossey later confirmed Robinson is the son of the victim's boyfriend, who also lived at the residence. Scotts taken by air care to UC Medical Center, pronounced dead nearly a month later. Court document show the two competency evaluations were filed, where it was discovered in the second one that Robinson was competent to stand trial. Simms Township, that's where I The commercial building caught fire last night at corn of Loveland Sims Fire Department w Fire Chief of William Goldfetter confirmed the firefighters called to the ninety five oh one Union Starry Road and the Loveland Commerce Part almost six pm for reports of a fire. They said there was a small fire in the building's dust collector which caused it to explode. Court to the chief, he said this can occur when dust is compressed, but they're still investigating the exact cause. Eight different agencies assisted the Loveland of Fire Department and containing and putting out the fire. Five people near the building at the time of the explosion, who all are fined. According to confirmations from the fire department, One person injured but didn't need hospitalization. Cost significant damage on the inside of the building but no estimates of the cost of the damage have yet been made. Close to home that one five point thirty five at fifty five KRC DE talk stations deck a stupid coming up or your phone calls. Either way you want to go, It's okay with me, but stick around. Please.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Your hands work hard. Time for the weather, It's going to be mostly cloudy all day to day. I have forty six clouds overnight thirty forty, overnight low thirty seven or high tomorrow and they got overcast guys with showers shown up in the afternoon, rain overnight and storms possible overnight low of thirty six and a high fifty five on Thursday with some rain in the morning. It's forty What is it forty eight degrees right now? If I have kc DE talk station.
Speaker 7: First traffic from the UC out Traffic Center. Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US. If you're at risk, trust the experts at you see help for Innovative and personalized heartcare.
Speaker 5: Expect more at u sehelp dot Com.
Speaker 7: Highway traffic in decent shape to start off your Tuesday.
Speaker 5: Morning, No recks to deal with.
Speaker 7: I'm not seeing anything close to a delay in southbound seventy one undred and fifteen minutes Blue Ash into Town, chuck Ingramot fifty five KRC.
Speaker 5: The talk station.
Speaker 1: Forty on a Tuesday, A Happy one Tuesday, Happy Tuesday, Champs inside Scoop Tuesday at eighty five David Deep Dive at eight thirty to a full hours bring him a count from the Hudson In Student studio. We'll talk a lot about Trump's transition policy and what he's been up to, which I think will be of interest to the listeners. Also, typically interested listeners stack as stupid, although you can call if you'd like. A seven to eleven customer used a banana to batter a store clerk. This, according to Florida Police, twenty two year old Keelavia Turner god in what do they described as a verbal altercation with the thirty year old female worker, and the women exchanged quote derogatory comments toward each other close quote that's in the police report. At one point, Turner became irate, picked up a banana from the cashier, countering through the banana at the victim's face, fruit hit the employee on the cheek bone left of minor abrasion. According to investigators, banana was not seized as evidence. However, Turner arrest for battery booked into the county gentle misdemeanor account. Police records list her as employed as Baby Dolls, described as a Clearwater gentlemen's club located four miles from the aforementioned seven to eleven where the banana incident occurred. She says she thing held out bound without bond for violating probation in connection with grand theft conviction in a neighboring county. She's still eight hundred dollars worth of merchandise from a Walmart in connection with that felony case. Turner's previously been cited for failing a pre trial and intervention program, as well as for not performing seventy five hours of community service or paying court fines. Also recently arrested for resisting and giving cops a false name when they responded to a trespass call at Baby Dolls, the gentleman's club. She's free on one thousand dollars bond in that case when she was charged with the banana battery. Interesting facial expression there. Joseph and you may have heard of this case, and I don't need to go into all the details, but a Philadelphia medical examiner a medical examiner has reversed as suicide ruling one suicide ruling that was upheld by former Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Sapiro in the twenty eleven death of a teacher who was found with twenty stab wounds. Her family's been fighting for more than a decade to overturn the medical examiner's ruling that she committed suicide in her locked department in Northwest Philly. Doctor Marlon Osborne it's my professional opinion Ellen's manner of death should be designated as something other than suicide. Josh Sapiro, Democrat, served as the Attorney General, reviewed the case when Greenberg's family sued the Philadelphia Medical Examiner's office, and his team upheld suicide rolling back in February of twenty two. However, there apparently was revealed to be a personal connection between Shapiro and potential witnesses in the case. It's according to information provided by this family's lawyer. Shapiro ultimately recused himself from the case after the allegations came to like calling the claims unfounded, but acknowledging that they created the appearance of a conflict of interest. Yeah, how does one stab themselves twenty times? And actually the coroner determined that one of the stab wounds happened after she was already dead. Let's get over the phone. See what Bobby's got to say today. Bobby, welcome to the Morning Show. Happy Tuesday to you, Happy Tuesday, you my brother.
Speaker 8: I just wanted to mention we got a two year anniversary for East Palestine and a lot of dignitaries. It'll be going up there.
Speaker 1: And Jade Vance was there yesterday.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're trying to pull ten pound vacuum and you sack with the vice president, So that's good.
Speaker 1: There's also a new lawsuit. There's a whole bunch of lawsuits floating around on that one, but there's a new one because of the chemical exposure from all those toxic chemicals that came out, and they have seven wrongful death claims have now been filed against Norfolk Southern, including the death of a one week old baby.
Speaker 8: Well, when they cut all that on fire, it just emits dioxen. Yeah, well we all knew that two years ago when I was up there k.
Speaker 1: Well, and according to the allegations in the lawsuit and investigators from the National Transportation Safety Board, they determined that that vent and burn operation was not necessary because there was evidence that the railroad ignored that the tank cars were starting to cool off and would not have exploded. So it seemed like a strange way of dealing with the situation at the time because that vinyl color I'd burned off and all those toxins from the plastics went all over the place, and it was just a disaster, unmitigated disaster.
Speaker 8: Well one thing about it too, my brother, it can happen to anybody's doorstep. So anytime you see these big tanker yards and everything like the one in Share of Bill, you know they could happen anytime.
Speaker 1: I guess that's true. That's true. And living next to railroad tracks generally not the most chemical free, unpolluted areas, those railroad track areas because of the stuff that comes off the railroads each and every day. So anyhow, well, maybe they'll get some justice in the form of these lawsuits. Not quite sure, but it was good to see JD. Vance up there checking things out and trying to give the people some satisfaction that there is someone in the world in government that actually cares about them symbolic perhaps Anyhow, I appreciate the call, Bobby. You have a great day, my friend. Five forty six. If you have care, seek station bank with Emory. Emory Federal Credit Union a better way to bank. You can earn twenty five bucks just for becoming a member. And then when you refer to your friends about all the greatness that goes along with banking with Beny Emory benefits of banking with Emory, they sign up, They're gonna get twenty five bucks, and so will you for every referral you get, so earning a little extra cash while helping your loved one unlock the world of financial opportunities. I've been a longtime fan of Emory Federal Credit Union, and I can do some comparison banking because I do have a bank account with a large bank. Yeah, rather sterile environment. The rates aren't as good, and of course the level of quality so as customer server is not nearly as good. Emory treat you like family. EMORYFCU dot org is the website. Check it out, get the details, learn about the restrictions that apply for this twenty five dollars bonus offer EMORYFCU dot Org NMLS number four zero one zero eight seven. They're federally ensured by NCUA and they are an equal housing lender fifty five far the talk station grad spack Jenner and I says the weather is as fall as cloudys guys today, high forty six, overnight low of thirty clouds, overcast, larsh showers during the afternoon of the high thirty seven. Showers continue overnight and then maybe some storms. Thirty sixty overnight low with the high fifty five on Thursday, and morning showers as well as some rain during the.
Speaker 7: Day forty two degrees. Right now, it's time for traffic updeaate from the UCF Tramfics Center. Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US. If you're at risk, trust the experts and you see health for innovative and personal eyes hardcare.
Speaker 5: Expect more at u sehealth dot com. High wait.
Speaker 7: Traffics doing just fine early on this Tuesday morning, no accidents to deal with, and I'm not seeing anything close to a delay inbound seventy fours running less in ten minutes from two to seventy five at the coal Rain Split to the seventy five ram chuck Ingram on fifty five KR see lead talk station.
Speaker 1: It's a five point fifty one care city talk station. Back to the stack is stupid. Sometimes the headline just sums it up. Man trying to prove he could dodge a bullet died after his friend shot him in the chest. Idiots doing idiot things because their idiots pretty much summon it up. Joe Strecker, Ashton. Jonathan Mann twenty four years old, now facing charge of a manslaughter and second degree felony and possession purchase transfer ownership of dangerous weapons by a Category two restricted person. It was Sunday when officers with the United Unified Police Department got a call that a man had been shot in the chest. They showed up with the scene on South Charlotte Avenue found a man lying unresponsive on the ground of a garage with a gunshot wound to his chest. Taking an area hospital, died of his injuries. Officers noticed the smell of burnt marijuana in the garage and talked to this Jonathan question Jonathan Mann, who said he was with the victim when he was shot. Reportedly telling officers that he and the victim were smoking weed in the kitchen, talking about guns and playing video games. They went to the garage so they could talk more about talk more without waking anyone in the house. They ended up handling two different guns handguns, and when the victim allegedly told man he could dodge a bullet, they unloaded each gun. Man pointed the gun to the victim and pulled the trigger. Victim tried to jump out of the way to prove he could move before the trigger was pulled. They repeated this about six times to reset the trigger. Man said he would cycle the slide on the handgun. On the final time, however, the gun fired instruct the victim in the chest. Victim told man to call nine to one. One. Man attempted to provide him aid until authorities arrived. Search warrant obtained in the residents They found two handguns, AMMO handgun magazines. Also found drug paraffine. You're consistent with marijuana.
Speaker 9: Use a's this tradition.
Speaker 1: Jesus Wheeze, Detroit, lah Michigan. A woman allegedly crashed into an utterly man, killing him because she was watching TikTok videos on her phone while driving. What court records say, twenty year old Murriska Nun struck and killed the eighty one year old Dean Chadborn with her car while he was walking along the side of the road. Happened September last year. None initially told police that she not see this guy, and then her phone was in her lap at the time of the time of the collision. Further investigation into her phone data, though, revealed that she was actually on TikTok in the moments before the crash, and then she later admitted to investigators that yes, she was watching TikTok when she hit Chadborn. Why are you doing that? First responders took him to the hospital, but he died forty five minutes after the impact. Hey, Joe, I think this one merits the bubbling Bonga stupidity. A female Chinese influencer has been urging men to wear Adam's Apple covers for the purposes of highlighting gender inequality and to promote women's rights. A person known as ah Meal close enough on Chinese social media, I'll just read this recently sparked a bizarre craze in her home country, urging her male friends wear Adam's Apple covers to protect what she described as a sensitive area of the male body, in the same way that women wear bras to conceal their breasts. I thought bras were mainly for support. Whatever, Joe, do you require support for your Adam's Apple? Is that what that thing is around your neck?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: We know? Says Proposed as a unique way to empower women and shine a light on gender inequality in China, this initiative apparently went viral and spurred the production and sale of course of Adam's Apple covers, accord to the South China Morning Post newspaper. The also a popular each e commerce platform that sells a variety of Adams Apple bras made from leather, lace, and wool. A cover inspired by a pig's snout currently the most popular, with over seven thousand items sold on the platform. If you build it, there are stupid people out there who will buy it. These things.
Speaker 10: Some one in this room is now dumber. Yeah for having listened to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah that you get no argument from me. Joe, just shy of five fifty six to fifty five kosity talks station Trump Making it happen didn't take long, did it tariffs, I guess are on hold because Trump got a large measure of what he was looking for from the Canadians and the Mexicans. That your phone call is still free to call if you'd like to call me up and love to hear free me. We'll be back after the news from.
Speaker 7: A full rundown and the biggest ten lines there's minutes away at the top of the hour.
Speaker 6: I'm giving you a fact now, Americans shouldn't know.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs the talk station get any Go five kr CD talk station, A very very happy Tuesday to you. I phone Ober here if you like to call comment about something going on in the world. It's five point three seven four nine fifty two to three talk time five fifty on AT and T phones. And don't forget fifty five kr SE dot com. You can get your i heeart media app stream the entire iHeart that or you know, library of content and all the podcasts right through your smart device. Real a nice convenient thing to have. Brig McColl in one hour from now in studio from the Hudson Institute, We're gonna be talking about Trump's policy and obviously seem to be working a lot of lamentation from the left, and you know, I don't know how he can be upset about all this stuff that's actually working for the American people, you know, making good on exactly what he ran on. I know I'm not the first person to observe that, But go back on the campaign trail and listen to what Donald Trump claimed you wanted to do. Then he gets elected, He won the popular vote, he won all the swing states. I guess people liked what he was saying and was promising to do. Willing to overlook all the problems and downsides that we've been had, you know, just constantly in our ears for years and years. No, we're going to put all that aside. We're going to take him with all his wards because what he is offering is well good for the American people. And I did anybody ever figure out what Kamala Harris was offering? I'm still confused. Then again, most of what came out of her mouth was rather confusing word salad sandwiches or word salads. So but bring them account on the policies and inside scoop of bright part News. It is Tuesday, very Tuesday, eight oh five. Today we're going to get the Texas border. Associate editor Bob Price. Bob's going to talk about deportations and the protests that are raging in the streets out in Los Angeles, which we all could see coming ten miles away. Daniel Davis Deep Dive, we get the latest in Ukraine? Will that ever get resolved? And will Tulsey and Patel be confirmed? I always enjoy hearing from Daniel Davis. So remember if you can't listen to those live podcasts at fifty five KRECEE dot com. All right, so let's talk about inroads. First they said no, and then they immediately turned around and said yes. Donald Trump announced he's pausing tariffs on Mexico for thirty days. President Claudia Scheinbaum in Mexico agreed to immediately send ten thousand soldiers to the southern border to help prevent drug trafficking. Ten thousand troops in return for the one month's stay on on the tariffs. Made the announcement on social media yesterday morning, twelve hours before the tariffs were set to take effect. Trump and Scheinbaum spoke on the phone yesterday and agreed that Mexico will do more to combat drug trafficking here in the United States and step up efforts to block the flow of those drugs into our country. And I guess in return, Donald Trump has agreed to help stop the flow of firearms into Mexico. I suppose if you're overwhelmed dealing with people trying to come into the country illegally, it's a little difficult to navigate and control the issues of what's flowing in from our country into THEIRS illegally. Shinebaum also set officials with the US and Mexico. We're beginning talks on wider trade and security issues. So this is the beginning of a longer set of discussions between the two countries. Trump confirmed on social media. He said the conversation was, and his words, very friendly. I spoke with President Claudia Scheinbaum of Mexico. It was a very friendly conversation where she agreed to immediately supply ten thousand Mexican soldiers on the borders separating Mexico in the United States. They will specifically designate it to stop the flow of fentanyl and illegal migrants into our country. We further agreed to immediately pause in the anticipated terrors for a month period, during which we will have negotiations headed by Secretary of State Marco Rubo, Treasury Secretary of Scott descent, and Secretary of Commerce Howard Lutnik, along with high level representatives in Mexico. He said, look forward to participating those negotiations with President Steinbaum, and we will attempt to achieve a deal between our two countries. Huh, well, how about that. It didn't take long. Did you feel the sting of a twenty five percent increase on tequila? No, it didn't happen. And I'm not saying this is done and over with. I'm not saying this deal won't cave and fall apart based upon something that happens during the negotiations, but it certainly bore quick fruit go north to Canada also, who initially said no and was going to retaliate it with comparable tariffs. Justin Trudeau, Canadian Prime Minister, at least for the moment, also cave the Trump's demands a crackdown on fentanyl trafficking as well as reinforce the Canadian US border. Judea announced on his own ex post yesterday in the afternoon, I just had a good call with President Trump. Canada is implementing our one point three billion border plan, reinforcing the border with new choppers, technology personnel, enhanced coordination with our American partners, increased resources to stop the flow of fentanyl. H He continued, saying that nearly ten thousand frontline personnel are and will be working on protecting the border. He also is appointing a fent are. I don't know how much fruit that's going to bear, but hey, having someone in charge of the fentanyl flow not a bad thing. It's a step in the right direction. It's also a nice thing to know that they're cooperating. I mean, we've always viewed Canada as a friendly, positive neighbor. You know, many people often refer to it as the fifty first state. Donald Trump's been doing a lot of that lately, getting them in a little bit of trouble. But they're always friends. Why wouldn't they cooperate with us prior to the Trump administration. It's just beyond me how. I guess they just conceding to the Biden administration's open border policies. If you don't want cooperation here on the United States side, well you don't get it from Canada. You have to ask or in this particular case, you have to threaten them with tariffs, said Trudeau. Added that the cartels will be designated as terrorists, which is what we've just recently done, also saying the US border will be under twenty four to seven watch and Canada US Joint Strikeforce will be launched to combat organized crime, fentanyl and money laundering. He said, I have also signed a new intelligence directive on organized crime and fentanyl. We'll be backing it with a two hundred million dollars proposed tariffs will be paused for at least thirty days while we work together. It worked well, what more can you say? El Salvador, and we can claim this one's a victory. It's a rather weird proposal from l Salvador's president, Naib mcayley. He has offered to take in all illegal immigrants into his country, at least those are the ones that have been have committed crimes and of any nationality. If they're facing deportation from the United States, he said, he'll book them into his country's prison system in exchange for payment. So we have offered the United States of America the opportunity to outsource part of its prison system. We are willing to take in only convicted criminals, including convicted US citizens, into our mega prison in exchange for a fee. The f he would be relatively low for the US, but significant for US, making our entire prison system sustainable. That's a rather odd offer, isn't it. Marco Rubia, Salvadorian President, has agreed to the most unprecedented, extraordinary, extraordinary, he said it twice, migratory agreement anywhere in the world. Speaking of the reporters, Rubia said, we can send them and we will put them in his jails. And he's also offered to do the same for dangerous criminals currently in custody and serving their sentences in the United States, even though they are US citizens or legal residents. However, it is not legal to deport US citizens to a foreign country, so kind of overstepping is authority there. US officials said the Troupe administration has no plans to deport American citizens, but did note the significance of the l Salvadorian President's offered. It could, potentially, they say, be an option for Venezuelan gang members who've been convicted in the United States and Venezuela ultimately refuses to accept them, although Venezuela's already conceded that they will accept migrants deporter from our country who are of Venezuelan and that was yet another concession Donald Trump got Salvadoran presidency would also take back all Salvadorian MS thirteen gang members in the United States illegally, and promised to accept and in car sate criminal illegal aliens from any country, especially those affiliated with Venezuela as trade the Aragua gang. Wow. I guess I'm just kind of wondering what kind of human rights the venas are the El Salvadorian prison detainees have. Does anyone think this this mega prism, as he described it as like a great place to actually be imprisoned or incarcerated. I don't know. Midnight Express the movie comes to mind if I don't know, if if you've seen that, have you ever been in a Turkish prison? Six sixteen to fifty five? R set thowk Station. Oto Exit might help the situation, though then certainly a possible use of oto exit products. Oto exit gets rid of all kinds of smells, including yeah, human owners, pet odors, dog and cat odors just widely. I've used these products in a variety of different smells of my own home. And let's face it, all of us encounter bad odors from time to time, especially we pet owners out there. But you know the stinky shoes you got a teenager running around your house, or maybe your shoes are offensive. Odor Exit has a product for that too, mold, mildew, smoke, you name it. One of the products will get rid of it. Use as directed. They are one hundred percent satisfaction guaranteed to get rid of the odor that you want to get rid of. If you have any questions about how to use it, maybe you tried it once and you think it didn't work, call the toll free number. They have excellent tips on how to get rid of the odors. But order it today online before three pm you will arrive on your front porch by tomorrow. Or buy it locally. There's a search engine on odor Exits web page to show you all the locations locally, probably a whole bunch of them near you, where you can get the product today. If you can't wait, so odo r xit and congratulations from the bottom of my ar to odor Exit on twenty five years in business. Just celebrated that anniversary last week. Locally owned and operated Odor Exit again Odor Exit dot com fifty five KRC dot com. Gentleen IE's weather forecast thoughts for the most part today going up to forty six, dropping to thirty overnight. Clouds, remain overcast tomorrow with showers in the afternoon, and I at thirty seven that rain continues overnight, maybe some storms. Thirty sixty overnight low with a high fifty five on Thursday morning showers. It's forty one right now. In time for a traffic update from the UCL Traffic Center. Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US. If you're at risk, trust the experts say. Do you see health for innovative and personalmized hardcare Expect more at uce health dot com. Highway traffic continues to look good this morning. No major problems to deal with into downtown as of yet. Southbound seventy five doing fine.
Speaker 7: Pass Saser Charles northbound seventy five to Kyle's jack Ingramont fifty five KRC.
Speaker 5: The talk station.
Speaker 1: AY twenty one on a Tuesday Tomorrow, first Wednesday of the month, Listener to lunch Little Miami Brewing Company in Milford. Great place to go, and I hope to see you there and someone who I think is coming he said he was going to be there if he can accept the challenge. Welcome back, my submarine friend, Cribbage Mike. Always great to hear from you.
Speaker 11: Well, sure, yes, sir, we'll be there, cribbage board in tow. You can bet on it.
Speaker 1: Awesome. Always enjoy that wonderful end of the lunch.
Speaker 11: And as you mentioned time and time again, the fellowship is the best and probably the number one thing that I totally look forward to each month. Oh yeah, but a very close second. There are so many locations that you and your staff have picked that I probably never would have even thought to go to. And this is another classic example, the Little Miami Brewing Company. The first time I went was at listener Lunch My Life, and I have been back several times since because there's nothing better than sitting out there in their outdoor venue along the river on a spring or summer or even a fall afternoon. And my go to is those made order pizzas. They're they're the best. Yeah, and I'm already got one on the plan for tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you do. And they are tasty, so maybe maybe won't be able to sit outside tomorrow it's going to be thirty yeah, yeah, yesterday though, I'll look at you out there from inside the venue in a way that ue there you go.
Speaker 11: I guess my theme for today is the Democrats still just don't get it. We've had multiple examples since the election, whether it be from the media or other d n C type people. But I don't know if you've got a chance to see it. But this past weekend they had the d n C chair National Convention where they elected the new DNC Chair and all their sub committees. And a perfect example just in the last segment when you listed all the substantive things that have occurred just in the past two weeks, and I couldn't help but notice with Ptex at the border yesterday, he has now tied in one week, he has now tied Kamala Harris for a number of border visits that she did in four years.
Speaker 1: That's an interesting statistic when you think about it, Mike.
Speaker 11: So, they had their convention right outside at National Harbor, right outside DC there big MGM Casino, and I swear it replicated the bar Wars at Stars Starsar I seen at Star Wars.
Speaker 1: The first one, which was renumbered later in the I don't follow Star Wars, and I haven't for years and years. I saw the original and that was the original, right, yes, nineteen seventy six or whatever. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 11: So they've had their losses, they've had four months to lick their wounds, and still the hard hitting journalist from MSNBC, Jonathan kpe Part was the was the moderator, and he had these fifteen people that are running for the chair. First question, right out of the box, he wanted to show a hands to how many people thought misogyny and racism played u a large factor in the fact that Kamala Air everybody raised her hand. Even though the lights were dim in the audience, you could see every handler's up.
Speaker 1: How do you account for the I mean the significant, not not majority numbers, but very significant numbers of Black people who voted for Donald Trump, a lot more than anybody expected, I imagine, And for the large number of women who voted for Donald Trump. How do they explain those folks away? And then there was a sizable number of the Hispanic community that voted for Trump. I mean, what what gives? Can't they see the statistics themselves.
Speaker 11: They just can't face reality because most of their stuff is in hypothesis, you know, you know, it comes to crashing down, you know, whether it be global warming, you know, it just falls apart because there's nothing there there. And then when they actually had this individual come to the podium and they set up their bylaws for electing all of their you know, sub chairs and committee members. There was a by l that it had to be equal number of male, female, and non binary people that made up these different sub chairs. But what it was all said and done, they elected a wait, white straight guy as their new DNC chair. So yeah, and then just keep it up, because if we keep doing what we're doing, and like I said, nobody's got a crystal ball. The last two weeks have been great. But if they just if they want that's what they want to hang their hat on, things are looking pretty good in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Six, and I'm sure that panel will certainly be comprised of the best and the brightest. They did they articulate anything that they're planning on running on is not specifically not yet, so they get the.
Speaker 11: Team they play line dancing. They had one of the candidates get up and it was almost like watching American Idol. You know, she sang her her what she was going to bring to the DNC, She sang it.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, there you go, hitting the ground running. They are well, they get in the back room and then they can try to figuregure out what they can offer the American people that the American people actually want. And I think that's the biggest challenge. And I've heard talking head after talking head on the right and most most notably the left, basically acknowledging that they do not have a going forward strategy. Their backbench is a little light on talent that might draw votes. There's a huge problem from them on that. I mean, what are they going to run Gavin Newsom? I mean.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if.
Speaker 11: Josh Shapiro's even gonna want to want to even dip that toe back in. I think that had a lot of reason to do. Why you want to know part of that VP ticket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, it's certainly an interesting time to be involved in politics here in America, There's no question about it. Well, we can at least enjoy this while it lasts, Mike, and we are seeing some tremendous accomplishments that will benefit to I think I provide a benefit to all people here in the country. All it's that populist movement that Trump is embraced, and I think we're going to see some really good things. At least I'm trying to be optimistic about that. It's been so long since I felt even the slightest bit of optimism for the United States. So thankfully it seems to have been stopped in its tracks and we're moving back to what I would argue is common sense. Thank you, Mike. I look forward to seeing you tomorrow. Listener lunch little Miami Brewery. Everybody's invited, and yeah, he's right. The fellowship is fantastic. You'll probably meet people that you will become friends with. It's an easy audience to serve, easy group of people to sit down with. Just grab a seat, sit down at the table with some folks you don't even know. Ask first, but I'm sure you'll be invited to join the join lunch. And you need to call cover since you've medical insurance for less money and better coverage. Less money, better coverage. And I implore small businesses and I know several small businesses that do not pay for any part of their employees' medical insurance. You know, you small business owner who don't do that, you need to talk to Cover since you might be able to improve your business this bottom line, while also getting great coverage for your employees that they can actually afford, including dollar one coverage. John Rouhman and the team at Cover, since he does this every single day and you can call him any time of the year, get the process started to analyze where you are, what point in life you are, what you need versus what you probably have that really don't need that you're still paying for, and come up with a better plan. Because they work with a couple of one hundred different insurance companies, have access to thousands of insurance policies, they create and customize a package of insurance to best suit your needs. It's tailor made to you and you'd end up saving money while having this better coverage. And I know it sounds hard to believe, which is why I say put them to the test. It's no obligation. You've been initiating the conversation and talking with them about it and letting them calculate and cook the books and put together the package and then you can say wow, oh wow, wow, why didn't I do this sooner? Jeff will chime in here any moment on email, reminding me how much he loved what was he was able to do for his employees at his business. He also got dental coverage through he just kep. He keeps going back to the well with cover since he just worked out so well for him, So to initiate the conversation. It only takes some time. There's no obligation to you. Five one three eight hundred two two five five that's five one three eight hundred call, or maybe even easier for you can try to fill as much of a form out online that you'll find at coversincy dot com and they'll get back with you quickly. Cover sincy dot com fifty five KRC the talk.
Speaker 10: Station Waking up on the rights.
Speaker 1: Chamm and I Weather forecast clouds, clouds, clouds forty six with clouds today, clouds every night, down to thirty cloudy tomorrow with showers showing up during the afternoon thirty seven for the high rain and showers will continue overnight, maybe even storms. Kemper just get down to thirty six and then up to fifty five on Thursday with some morning rain and the cold front moving out forty degrees. Right now, it's time for traffic.
Speaker 7: Updates from the UCUT Traffic Center. Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US. If you're at risk, trust the experts, and you see Health for Innovative and person of ice Heartcare.
Speaker 5: Expect more at you seehealth dot Com. Highways doing fine.
Speaker 7: I'm not seeing any major time delays as of yet, and traffic is starting to build just a bit southbound two seventy five between the Lawrence Perg ramp and the work on the Carrol Cropper Bridge that has you down to just one mite. Chuck ing gram on fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Thirty three fifty five KRCD Talk station, Gonna go straight to the phones. Got a couple of callers online. We'll start with Mike. Mike, Welcome to the morning show. Happy Tuesday.
Speaker 12: Follow up on your last collar talk about the the DNC committee chair.
Speaker 10: Yeah, when they asked.
Speaker 5: About it, who dot the.
Speaker 11: Kamala Harris lost because of racism. A couple of them a cup. I'm actually looked around before they raised their hands.
Speaker 1: Their get the temperature of the room.
Speaker 13: Yeah. And then and then they elected a white guy as a leader. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then the isn't the coach here that that that anti gun guy, David Hogg?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well he's like the anti gun version of Greta Thunberg, right anyhow, Yeah, great team they got. There is anybody complaining about the white guys taking over? I was kind of wondering. Criticism usually is a loving that the Republicans side of the ledger quite often whatever happened to thee I in so far as the heads of the leadership's concerned. Mister Tuba, Welcome to the morning show, sir, and a very happy Tuesday to you, sir.
Speaker 3: Good morning. This is simply an observation, no solution or anything. And bear in mind it is adolescent thinking. The Democrats have convinced themselves that are the cool kids, and sometimes they have convinced a goodly amount of the American public of same, but not last November fifth, thank god. And they've also managed to convince people that Republicans are generic parents. And that's simply an observation. And I will simply say, do not vote Democrat.
Speaker 1: I look forward to mister t he's great. He's think he I think he tube is the Happy Birthday messaged like more than three hundred people a year. So but a real, real nice guy he is. And yeah, I don't think they're the cool kids, you know. I mean when when you look into these polls, and it's been widely observed in the aftermath of the November election that the polls didn't quite suggest Donald Trump was going to do as well as he actually did. And I think there was a lot of people out there in the poll that concluded, if you like, for example, me, if a polster called my number, I'm not inclined to participate in a poll. I don't care if the pole is going to take me only thirty seconds of my life, or quite often they go on for quite a few minutes. I don't want to spend the time of the poster online. And with all the anti Trump banter and screaming and yelling, you know, a lot of people were reluctant to even admit that they were supporters of Trump. Oh you're one of those evil Orange man people. You on these trumpord people. They don't want to put up with that, so they politely hung up or hung up without being polite, or just refuse to answer the question, or maybe even lied to give the impression that they were not Trump supporters. So it ends up skewing the results. I mean, these poles do rely on you being honest when you're answering the question. So and yes, I do cite poles from time to time quite often. I find them interesting, and I don't believe all of them are completely broken, and they do reveal trends. But you know, much of the shock of the Democrats. You wake up on the day after the election, you find out Donald Trump won the popular vote when the polls suggested that may not happen. So you know, there is common sense out there. I truly believe this was an election about common sense. And the Demos have gone so far off the rails in terms of leaning over that far left fringe corner of their party that they got caught up in it too, that echo chamber. That's why they're in a state of Denisle right now. They only talk amongst themselves. They don't get an alternative point of view, and I guess they have, you know, less of a profound appreciation for freedom and liberty and maybe keeping the money that they earn in their paychecks rather than have it liberated by the federal government who goes and spends it on outlandish and crazy things. I mean the list of those outlandish and crazy things. I mean, if you got that out to the general public, I think the vast majority of people have, regardless of political stripes, to be like what I went to work to pay for this? Why exactly we're building borders or we're building walls in other countries to help other countries with border security, yet ignoring our own shrimp on treadmill like it needed that one again. Yeah, you paid for that study, and you also created a dangerous, deadly pandemic in the Wuhan Institute of Virology. That was compliments to your taxpayer dollars as well. Wonderful. How's that return on investment working out for you? Six thirty eight right now? Fifty five ks DE talk station. Here's one with a great return on investment. Nice segue, Brian A USA installation, the best ROI of any product out there, only ninety nine dollars a month interest free. You probably will save more than that with the energy savings on your now heating bill air conditioning. Same thing HVAC systems running. You save money with the premium foam and the xterior walls of your home. Foam manufacturer right here in the state of Ohio, and literally thousands and thousands of homes have gotten the foam treatment from the USA and puts a smile on their face. And the only regret most people have is that I wish I'd had done this sooner. Maybe you just moved in a new place. If it's an older home, though, you need the foam in that and that empty cavity that is the xterior walls. They will insulate the attic as well, and you'll notice the immediate comfort improvement. And you'll get that money savings every month, so much money savings that the federal government is dangling a carrot of incentive at you. And I know I don't like these things, but right there it is, take advantage of it if you want or not. Twelve hundred dollars. Twelve hundred dollars is like getting a check for twelve hundred dollars with the energy tax credit when you're doing your taxes next year. So that's something to look forward to when you're doing taxes next year. Five one three three eight one three six two six five one three three eight one foam. It is a free quote. If there's nothing in the xterior walls, you get a free quote. And if you have some insulation in the exterior walls, that inspection will reveal whether or not the USA foam will provide you with a benefit, and if it won't, they won't recommend you do it. Learn more online check out the website USA insulation dot net.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Jannine First one to Wether forecast clouds. Clouds today, forty six for the high, more clouds over night than to thirty clouds tomorrow with showers in the afternoon, thirty seven rain overnight Wednesday with maybe some storms, thirty six for the low and showers on Thursday morning and a cult front they see moving out eventually. I'll go up to fifty five on Thursday. Anyway, forty one right now. Time for traffic from the UC out Traffic Center. Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US. If you're at risk, trust the experts at you see health for innovative and personalized heartcare.
Speaker 5: Expect more at U see Health dot com Highways are doing fine this morning.
Speaker 7: Just beginning to build southbound two seventy five between the Lawrence purg Ramp and the Carrol Cropper.
Speaker 5: No delays has so yet inbound seventy four.
Speaker 7: That's under five minutes between north end of the seventy five Ram Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR.
Speaker 1: See the talk station, take forty three. If you give out KRCB talk station and go over to the phones, you can call two. If I went three seven, four nine to fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three dog pound fay fifty on AT and T phones, Jamie's on the line. Jamie, Welcome to the Morning Show and a very happy Tuesday to you.
Speaker 14: Good morning, Brian, Thank you so much. I love when you enlighten us with your data in numbers, especially now because they're just coming out like Niagara Falls from the Dose group, which is so exciting. At the waste of our government, I thought I would share about the Department of Education, since they're the next one to be dismantled. They have this was I think twenty twenty three. They have forty four hundred employees and a yearly budget of two hundred and sixty eight billion.
Speaker 1: Dollars geez wheez, right billion with a b wow you.
Speaker 12: Love a bee.
Speaker 14: Yep. And we all know that it's not making its way to the children, so.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's making its way in the form of mandated and edict policies.
Speaker 14: Yep.
Speaker 1: Well, fortunately with the end of DEI, IM my understanding is they let go it was I don't know, was it Sixty of the DEI employees over the Department of Education have been told not to show up to work, So I call that progress. At least maybe maybe forty three hundred or so left to go after. I know Trump wants to shut it down, but because it was created by legislation, he may have a bit of a challenge doing that.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I was reading that the transition might be kind of moving, you know, the jobs and authority or whatever from the Department of Education to other things. I don't know, it's going to be interesting. It's like waking up and watching that exciting thriller every single day.
Speaker 10: It is.
Speaker 1: What's going to happen next?
Speaker 5: What's he gonna do next?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know the other statistic I thought it's on that Jamie, and I think this reflects some measure I don't want to be harsh and say ignorance, but it's the perfect word to will apply to it, some measure of ignorance on the part of the American people to know exactly what the Department of Education does or doesn't really do, because like sixty six percent of the folks polled and here I go back to a poll and I don't know, they may have pulled this figure out of nowhere or a sphincter, but sixty six percent of the people don't believe in eradicating the Department of Education. I don't know why why would you want Washington DC level control over your local school districts. They all aren't run the same they all don't experience the same kind of challenges and difficulties. And this should be a massive amount of flexibility for school districts to deal with the problems and challenges that they face. And that should be up to parents and educators locally to deal with, not some edict from on high so progress anyway, Jamie, I know your popcorn's out waiting for the waiting for the next big announcement from the Trump administration. Man that guy has just gotten so much done is I think this is what is price. It's mind blowing, I think to folks on this side of the political ledger to see how much he's been able to accomplish after four years of Joe Biden really not doing anything at all. Yes, okay, we'll give him credit for the Green New Deal aka Inflation Reduction Act, which pumped trillions of dollars in an already overinflated economy, dealing and causing creation of a problem of inflation by watering down more of the United States Fiat currency. Thanks a lot, I appreciate that, But beyond that, nothing of consequence of substance and nothing of value. Yeah, so admit to painting with a broadbrush on that last statement. There, uh six forty seven fifty five k se de talk station, Jimmy Care Fireplace and Stove. You got to get in touch with them, and they do a wonderful job. Jimmy Care Fireplace and Stove does sayfety And that's so critical when it comes to your safety. You need to think about your fireplace. When's the last time you had it inspected? Even gas fireplaces can have problems. Ask cribbage. Mike had called earlier this morning they found out I think it was his great grandkids stuffed toys up the flu and they kind of caught on fire and were a little bit charred after the smoke started building out into the room. That's a bit of a problem. Yeah, well they fixed it and did a great job, and he was raving about the customer service and you will too. Been locally on and operated since nineteen eighty eight. They enjoy an A plus with a better business bureau. So regardless of what kind of work done they do it if it relates to free standing stoves in fireplace inserts, wood waste pellet stoves, you know, regular chimneys, doesn't matter what kind. Have it inspected. You could have water damage going up there. If you had a prior chimney fire, your lining is probably cracked. They do relining, tuck pointing, and they've got a wonderful showroom chok full of pretty much everything I just mentioned in terms of fireplace inserts and stoves. Kated at four thirteen Wards Corner Road. They got a special special going on right now too, complete chimney inspection and everything for a very low price. So act while it's on special, but always make sure you think about safety so you can comfortably and safely enjoy that beautiful warmth. Five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six hundred Learn more online, check it all out. It's right there on the website. Chimneycare Co dot com.
Speaker 6: Fifty five krc A U lot.
Speaker 1: Jena nine says cloudy skies today going up to forty six, nine to thirty overnight with more clouds, smor cloud showers in the afternoon, thirty seven showers overnight, maybe some storms too overnight on thirty six and on Thursday, going all the way up to fifty five also with some morning rain. Forty one degrees. Right now, let's get a traffic update check.
Speaker 7: From the U see how traffic center. Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US. If you're at risk, trust the experts. Are you see health for Innovative in person of ice heartcare. Expect more at U seehealth dot com. There's an accident in southbound seventy one. It's just after you got past eleven in and forty eight. They're over on the right shoulder. I'm not seeing a huge delay as of yet, making your way towards King's Mills. Traffic on southbound seventy five problem free Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six fifty two fifty five KRC Detalk Station Hudston Institute. Brigham Gowan joining the program off the top of the art news. He's got a whole lot to go over with him in studio, which I really appreciate him stopping on in. And here here's an idea what your taxpayers are paying for. And you know, I know you're familiar with the concept of non governmental organizations, and boy don't they come out of the woodwork when we've got immigration problems in our country with immigrants pouring over across the border. They all need services. They all need to be housed, they all need to be sheltered, they need to be placed, they need to be moved. Here, I'm an NGO. I have my handout. Give me federal government dollars earned by the American taxpayers, and I'll take those to accomplish my mission. Here's one for you. The Acacia Center for Justice from Washington, d C. Described as one of the largest federal immigration contractors, overseeing a seven hundred and sixty nine million dollar program. They're an agency that provides lawyers for unaccompanied alien children at aults and immigration court hearings and deportation proceedings, and they're on a mission. They've been around since twenty twenty two. They argue that quote, no immigrant should be detained, not a one. And of course no immigrant includes those that have criminal records or otherwise have been lawbreakers in their home country, maybe released from prisons in their own country for horrific sacts like child molestation or something, but none of them should be detained. They say electric electronic surveillance tracking systems must be abolished, and they claim that the use of local law enforcement for immigration purposes must be dismantled. There's a lot of local law enforcement agencies that don't mind whatsoever it helping up the federal government since that's a two way street. The Feds quite often help local government deal with its finding crimes locally, and that's a two way street. Learn that from the FOP. President can fabr the other day. It maintains this organization that the immigration detention of deport system deportation system is in their words, intentionally designed to exploit, exclude, criminalize, detain and deport people deemed to be undeserving of inclusion in our national fabric, particularly black and brown people. Now, how is it they single out black and brown people? I mean, I've been read article after article after article. People come into our country from the four corners of the world, ending up on the southern border, including Chinese. Do you think they are being racist and excluding the Chinese? Joe in report last June, this Acacia Center recommended that the Executive Office for Immigration review, the Department of Justice subagency that handles immigration cases, implement and again their words gender affirming language in immigration court, demanding that immigration lawyers and judges used correct pronouns for illegal aliens, and said that repeated conduct that fails to affirm gender identity for non citizens as a violation of federal anti discrimination laws. This is just batcrap insanity, folks. Senior analysts of the Capital Research Center watchdog group that launched the Doge files, had this to say, Pat Parker Thayer, speaking for the group, it will be absurd for the government to continue funding a soft on crime, open borders activist group that has openly stated its intention to work against the incoming administration. Yeah, well, fortunately the administration froze funding for at least some of this center's programs. Is part of the broader freezing spent across most agencies, although I know that freezing spend's been held up by court. But working against our own best interest. It's apparently a spin off of something called the Vera Institute for Justice, which is a Brooklyn based nonprofit that has called too ready defund police departments, abolish immigration enforcement agencies, among other things. So you go to work, they take your money and they fund organizations. And this isn't the only one. Federal money flows to an organization that actively undermines the safety and secut security of America with policies that are so far out in left field that you know, oh, that's right. Donald Trump won the election for a large part because of this border nightmare that Joe Biden created and the work of groups like a CASIA Center. Bring mccowon up after the top of the our news, I hope you can stick around us.
Speaker 5: Happens fast, stay up to date.
Speaker 1: At the top of the hour.
Speaker 12: Not going to be complicated, It's going to go very fast.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC the talk station. This report is.
Speaker 1: It's seven oh six, I fifty about krc DE talk station. Very happy to day to you back in studio where we're liking to be. Bringhi McCown from the Hudson Institute, where he is Senior Fellow and Director of Initiative on American Energy Security. He is also the well host of the podcast Charged Conversations, which are not surprising given the name is also about energy policy, and he was just recently in Washington, d C. Where he's going back to provide testimony and hearing on powering America's future unleasing American energy. Brigham accowan, it's always a pleasure to have you in the studio, and you can find Hudson Institute online at Hudson dot org.
Speaker 15: So you just told me off air you were a helicopter pilot. Yeah, fixed wing and rotary wing. Things started and you fly it.
Speaker 1: And you flew out of DC just shortly before the collision.
Speaker 15: Oh I did, very sad. I've actually flown that exact same route in a Navy H sixty we call him see hawks, Army calls in black hawks, same same That's very congested airspace. And yeah, I left DC about thirty forty five minutes before that horrible crash and oh my lord, different American CRJ and learned about it upon landing back here in Cincinnati last week.
Speaker 1: Terrible kind of I bet you had a strange feeling fall over you when you realize how close you were to you know, maybe having been impacted by it, or heaven forbid, having been in the airplane that got run into by the helicopter.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's really tragic. And you know, Brian, through twenty plus years of military flying, I've come close a couple of times in different ways. You know, it's this big sky, little airplane theory. You know, they come together despite all this airspace. It's like attractive magnets. But DC is one of the most congested airspaces around the country, and at Washington Reagan International Airport, they keep expanding it more and more flights because every congressman wants a direct flight home. Frankly, there are too many airplanes coming in and out of there. The FAA is underfunded, the air traffic controllers overworked. Were three thousand plus short of those.
Speaker 1: That's one of the things that really really concerned me to find out after the accident how understaffed we are with their tratic controllers.
Speaker 15: Yeah, we really are. And it dates back to two twenty twenty and COVID and then they just didn't ramp back up. And attrition is pretty high depending on what sector you're working. New York Area has a sixty percent wash out rate within three years. And some of it's rankly cultural. It's intentional. Really, yeah, you know, the unions run the contracts. By the way, they just extended their collective bargaining agreement for five years right before Biden left office. You know, many good working, hard working controllers. Maybe some of them are listening to the program. But there are a couple places around the country where there are problems and they have sick outs. They hey, Brian, you call out sick, I'll take your shift, I'll get over time and then I'll reciprocate later. And you bring too many new controllers in and they don't last very long. So we got to fix these things. And the infrastructure it's old, it's broken down. We have flooding in the basements of some of these places. We have communications going down. The notice to Airman went down the other day. That caused a big problem. Of course, the Biden administration renamed that to some gender neutral term I can't remember, but expect that to come back.
Speaker 1: Well that's you know, I always expressed my disdain generally for flying, just for a multitude of reasons, none of which ever really had anything to do with safety. It wasn't like I didn't want to get on an airplane because I was worried about a terrorist, But I just didn't like being on an airplane because you're stuck in there. You got to get there a couple hours advance, and with the luggage issues and the body cavity search from the TSA and you know, all that stuff, it's just makes flying a truly unenjoyable experience for me. But now with all this talk and all the revelations that have shown up after this horrific collision, now I feel I'm concerned for my safety that coupled with doors flying off of Boeing aircraft, you know.
Speaker 15: I think and Sean Dusky, the Secretary of Transportation, who I know and I've had the opportunity to work with, is a great person. And you know, he just put out an email to the DOT team, I think two days ago, it said, you know, hey, folks, this is tragic. Here's the deal. If everything is a priority, nothing's a priority. We're a safety organization. We're not an environmental organization. We're not a DEI organization.
Speaker 1: It's like the military, same thing.
Speaker 15: Yeah, let's get back to our core mission. And if you are competent, if you are trainable, if you are smart, we want you to work here. But stop the madness and we're gonna stop celebrating every you know, thing that comes up every different week and concentrate on safety and moving people around the country. We have to do both of those two things, move people safely period.
Speaker 1: Now, I would argue, or at least I have the impression, given the that safety and people's lives are at stake when you're doing your job as an air traffic controller, that that will be a high stress job. Yeah, is it? Is it? I mean, is it perceived by most people? Do they feel high stress? Is that one of the reasons perhaps for the burnout rate? Or is there something more nefarious as you seem to suggest earlier.
Speaker 15: Well, I think you know, there are a lot of different things.
Speaker 1: There are.
Speaker 15: There's a culture there somewhat brought on by the high stress that people face. So it really depends on where you are right, if you're working New York Center or you know, approach that's very different from you know, hanging out at a county airport in India. Right, yeah, but you know, we have to change the way we're doing business. We still have floppy drives. And I don't mean the I don't mean the five and a quarter you know, hard drives. I mean the big floppy drives that look like records. They still have those for some of the computer systems.
Speaker 1: It is are you kidding?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 1: I know that's first generation kind of floppy drive.
Speaker 15: It really is. And so when the system goes down, you know how we can be the most technologically advanced country in the world and yet some not all, but some of our systems are so antiquated. And this administration is going to address that. They're going to fix this because it's unacceptable.
Speaker 1: It is what is it run on MS DOS?
Speaker 15: I want to say, it's it's either Cobra or Cobalt or one of those things that you know from forty years ago.
Speaker 1: Can people even still know how to program a work on those? And there's legacy systems. Quite often you lose the skill sets necessary to even you know, band aid fix them if they require it, you.
Speaker 15: Do, and when anybody who works it or as an executive a company will tell you too. Once you have a legacy system that can't be patched, you have a wide open door to cybercriminals and everything else, right.
Speaker 1: Adder Dave Hadder talks about that every week. It's like when they phased out Microsoft XL, they are no longer going to be offering security patches. Nefarious characters out there in the world know that idiots still are using that old operating system. They figure out all kinds of holes that still exist in them because they're not being patched. Welcome to a cyber attack.
Speaker 15: Yes, So you know there's a lot to be done across the board, and that's just one part of government. Also, you know it usually takes years for the NTSB and others to come up with what happened. We've been promised answers in thirty days, so we'll see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we will. Well, thank you for your service to our country. I learned something about you every time you come on the program Helicopter Pilot for the Navy and again Charge Conversations. You can find his podcast regularly before we and I want to we'll do another break coming up here. We only have a minute left, so I wanted to ask you because he is also in addition to everything else he does, he's a professor at Miami University, which we brought up. And you'll be teaching graduate level energy policy at Miami University this coming up.
Speaker 15: Yes, we just started last week. It's a grad and senior energy policy capstone. I'm really excited to be teaching it again. And the class maxed out again, which I guess is a good thing. Maybe it just means it's a good thing. Maybe it just means I'm an easy greater Brian.
Speaker 8: I don't know. We'll see.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's probably the case. I think you have the level of you have an expectation for a level of excellence, and there's some superior students at Miami University, and most notably when you get to the graduate level, and of course like that, you're surrounded by some intelligent kids or young people or well compared to me. Anyway. But before we break here, I wanted you to repeat for my listeners what you have encountered since the November election during your teaching at Miami University.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's amazing how many students come out, and I realized that many more of them are conservatives. And look from my perspective, and I tell all of the students say is I don't really care what you believe in This class is about grading how you can articulate it, and how you can back up your argument.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 15: You want to be left, great, be left, You want to be right, be right. But I've seen more and more people come out and say, you know, hey, you know this green energy thing doesn't work, and that's a new one.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's not that they weren't in the classroom before. It's just that they didn't want to get shouted down by a bunch of Greta thunbergs. I mean, the messaging has always been there. And I talked about this earlier. I think a lot of the polling reflected that maybe Trump wasn't going to do quite as good as he ultimately did against Kamala Harris. Because you know, somebody calls me up and asks me a polling questions, I'm not going to answer. I'm just like now, I don't want to participate and hang out. Many people lied and said they didn't like Trump and actually did. But there were a lot of pro Trump supporters out in the world who just kept their mouths shuts for fear of getting you know, demonized lambast or otherwise yelled at by the crazies and social media.
Speaker 10: Amen.
Speaker 1: They're out there, and apparently they're in college as well. Mart Briga McDonald from Hudson Institute. We'll talk about his testimony. He's off the DC to talk energy policy. We'll talk. We'll learn from him what the subject matter will be, in which direction he thinks we should go after I mentioned affordable imaging, because well, hospital imaging departments are really, really, really expensive. Can I emphasize that enough? I mean, the idea of paying five thousand dollars for a CT scan, it's just unconsortable to me when I know you can go to Affordable Imaging Services and get a CT scan for four hundred and fifty bucks. Yet same kind of CT scan equipment, same thing with the MRI, the echo cardiogram, ultrasounds, all of it is similar or comparable to the hospital imaging equipment. Every low price for the images that Affordable Imaging comes with the Board Certified Radiologists report, which you and your physician will both get within forty eight hours. I've already had scans there. I've got another one scheduled in April from an xCT scan to see which direction my cancer is going. And I'll keep my fingers crossed. But the last time I was there, my doctor had no issue with the image or the report, just had a problem with the outcome. That's all, but not five one thousand dollars four point fifty and if you get a contrast six hundred. The MRI is most expensive. When you can get there with a contrast, it's still only six hundred and forty five bucks, and you could be out of pocket thirty five hundred maybe four thousand at the hospital. So you have a choice. Don't go to the hospital limitging department. Go to affordable limiting services and save heap loads of money, especially folks that don't have insurance. It's not that you can avoid not and not get the scan. These things can be life saving five one three seven five three eight thousand five one three seven five three eight thousand. To learn more, go to Affordable Medimaging dot com.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 5: Hendys Do to Migraine can stop you in your.
Speaker 1: Jane and I says the weather is as Follows's got cloudy sky to day with a higher forty six overnight of thirty with more clouds overcash showers moving into the afternoon tomorrow with a high thirty seven. Thirty six overnight with rain and maybe some storms. Fifty five for Thursdays high with morning showers. Right now thirty nine degrees in time for traffick updates from the.
Speaker 7: UCL Traffic Center. Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US. If you're at risk, trust the experts at u see Health for innovative and personalized heartcare. Expect more do you see health dot com Crews continue to work with a couple of recks sethbound seventy one, the first just below forty eight, starting to back up traffic a bit.
Speaker 5: The second is closer to western Row.
Speaker 7: Both are on the right hand side southbound seventy five slows through Lachland Stap two seventy five heavy from the Lawrence Pern Ramp onto the bridge chuck Ingram on fifty five KR.
Speaker 5: See the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven twenty one to fifty five KRCD talk station Brian Thomas with Brigha McCown from the Hudson Institute in Studio Charged Conversations this podcast. He knows energy policy. You can also find him on what is it X? Now what's your uh?
Speaker 15: Yeah right, it's BA McCown. That's BA McCown, b.
Speaker 1: A McCown, Brigham A McCown, hence the name. All Right, pivoting over, You're gonna be testifying in Washington, d C. In front of which committee? Subcommittee?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 15: It is the House Energy and Commerce Committee, and I'll be testifying in front of the subcommittee on energy.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Want this to be across the board kind of discussion about energy policy.
Speaker 15: Yes, it will be, and I'm kind of looking forward to it. We'll be talking about, you know, our current energy policy coming out of four years of the Biden administration, and then looking at what we expect to see President Trump do by way of energy, and what are the pros and cons of different approaches to energy.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, my conclusion, and I note from your summary page of the notes and things, but I've also heard this, next to raw materials and the cost of labor, energy the third most expensive cost driver. Now it seems to me to be I don't know, necessarily low hanging fruit in light of all the opposition to any energy policies by the left. But if you really want to lower inflation, lower the cost of diesel, you know, I mean everything in our country gets shipped by a semi tractor trailer truck running on diesel fuel, unless you're on a short haul trip in California, in which case you have an electric one. But the power from that probably is coming from some form of carbon anyway. But you could easily remedy some of the price problems that we are facing by lowering the cost of shipping, which would be lowering the cost of energy related to shipping absolutely.
Speaker 15: And Trump's plan is to unleash commerce across the country. And you do that by having cheap energy prices, solid infrastructure, and lower fewer regulations because you you know, right, rising tide lifts all boats. We've heard that before. And the economy is the driver that makes us all have a better quality of life. Brian, And energy and the infrastructure and the transportation component to that, they're all they're all three sides, three sides of.
Speaker 16: The same coin.
Speaker 15: Can you say that doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: If you want to make it sound accurate anyway, I think I already got what you were talking about. But you're right on regulations. So when I think about, for example, the cafe standards, which ultimately forced people to end up driving something they don't want or and also tremendously drive up the cost of you an internal combustion engine, you know, not only do you have cafe standards, but you also have all these safety standards and mandates and obligations on all the bells and whistles you got to put into cars. And is there even a single affordable car out in the world these days? I mean, I think of folks on life's margins and they want a job or they've got a job. There was a woman locally that the help squad helped out. She spent three hours a day on a bus, yeah, to get back and forth through a job. They got her a car, They solved for problems. Yeah, you know, there's a lot of truth to that.
Speaker 15: And inflation inside, right, we spent too much money, We've printed too much money, got it exactly. That's a big driver of inflation. But another driver for in vehicle inflation and insurance inflation are these evs because we're all paying even though you're like, I'm not buying an EV, well, you're still helping subsidize an EV. Ford Blue lost them over a billion dollars last year. You think that Ford one fifty internal combustion and truck didn't cost you more because of that?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you got to find profit somewhere, and you find profit in the products that people demand and buy. And there is no profit in those evs.
Speaker 15: There isn't. Right now now, I will say, you know, Tesla's come out with revised model threes, and why is the price has gone down. They've made them less complicated, They're using different battery technology. You know, works around town. You want to buy one, great, you've got a uh, you've got a charger at home. Great for the rest of us, though the Biden administration pushing this on us, by the way, in the Inflation Reduction Act, right well, well named uh, I supposed to put all these chargers out around the country and they've done none of that.
Speaker 1: We've got like eight yes, and there was like five billion dollars or something along those lines, and they put in Yeah, they put eight wow. I you know, gosh to a neighborhood near us, sometimes centuries from now, so.
Speaker 15: Thank goodness, the previous administration was not very competent delivering this. But we have to make between two and four trillion dollars to build out an electrical infrastructure system for charging cars. And if we're going to be serious, and part of my testimony tomorrow is, look, let's just assume everybody agrees that we need to reduce our carbon footprint. We don't agree, but let's say let's just assume we do. Then the government should be an as to how you do that. If you can put a different fuel in your regular engine, fine, why do we have to electrify everything? Why is the government telling us what we can buy and what we can't buy instead of saying, guys, here's the problem. We don't know the right answer. But look, we've got brilliant people all over the country. We want to get from point A to B. You guys in the private sector figure it out. That's what the government should be doing.
Speaker 1: And agreed, and you know, even maybe a little bit further diving down the rattle that this is if you live in an area that gets most of its power primarily generated from you know, natural gas or coal, perhaps then you're really not impacting the carbon output into the world when you're driving an EV because the power that's generating the electricity is coming from a carbon producing source.
Speaker 15: Absolutely correct.
Speaker 1: Isn't there a physics react react sort of a physics component of that, Like you're not going to achieve greater energy from the plant to the charging station. I mean, it's gonna be one of those it's a wash type deals.
Speaker 13: It is.
Speaker 15: It absolutely is. And you know, we have actually reduced greenhouse gas emissions more than any other country by simply switching from a coal fired power plant to a natural gas fired power plant. And a lot of people don't understand that, whether you use coal, gas, oil, nuclear power, we're heating water. We're heating water to then make electricity. Now, the natural gas plants we use, in some cases gas turbine engines that you can click a mouse button and throttle it up or back, which is the most efficient, and we should be building more of that, and we should be building more nuclear. But to your point, for all of the coal that Europe in the US has replied, China has more than offset that. This year alone, China's talking between forty and sixty gigawatts of new coal power.
Speaker 1: So okay, let's continue to cut our throat in the face of the Chinese Communist parties aspirations. More with Briga mcgallan after a quick word. Here for the only agent I would trust to buy or sell a home, Peter Shabria's regroup of Keloriam Seven Hills. He is he and his team are outstanding, and Peter's a brilliant man. He's got all kinds of wonderful ideas and different ways of skin and Cabina comes to buying and selling homes and programs galore. They have the just an extraordinarily competent team that will really provide value for you, whether you're a buyer's agent or seller's agent. In fact, if you're looking to sell your home, Peter and his team are so confident that they will sell your home they offer a guaranteed sale program. Meet with Peter's team mutually greeant a price in a timeline, and if they don't sell your home at that price by that time, Peter will buy it. Yeah, done and over with. You know, the light at the end of the tunnel has already been established at the outset. So go to seven zero eight three thousand dot com seven zero eight three thousand dot com call them up at of course five one three seven zero eight three thousand, or if you forget all that and you can remember Shabri Group, just put it in your search engine. C CHA, b R I S Shabri.
Speaker 6: Group fifty five KRC A minute of helping.
Speaker 1: Channel nine says today we're going to have cloudy. Sky's going up to forty six over tonight, low of thirty with clouds, overcast, slash clouding tomorrow with showers in the afternoon. Thirty seven for the high down to thirty six overnight with rain and maybe some storms. Showers in the morning on Thursday, high at fifty five thirty nine.
Speaker 7: Right now traffic time from the uc Helptriumphic Center. Heart they see since the leading cause of death in the US. If you're at risk, trust the experts that you see health for innovative and persona ized heartcare.
Speaker 5: Expect more had you see health dot com.
Speaker 7: Southbound seventy one they cleared the wreck near King's Mills. Still working with the accident on southbound seventy one near Western Row, right hand side traffic starting to get a little bit better. That's a wreck now on Drake near Miller and Levitt and High School, Chuck Ingram fifty five krs.
Speaker 5: The talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven thirty three fifty five krri Ce Defok station Brian Thomas with energy expert Briga McGown from the Hudson Ensuit. He will be testifying in Washington, d C. On energy policy tomorrow and obviously above above board, strategy, above board. And I just casually mentioned, you know, you always hear about gas, hear about coal production, hear about nuclear production, although I'm hoping we'll get some and you can comment on that. But the idea of a geothermal uh, you know, the Earth is a great heat exchanger, and I've got a you know, sort of I guess a mini version of a geothermal system. You know, tubes run on one hundred and fifty feet down into the ground and start you're starting at fifty five degrees. Then it's not as much of an uphill battle to cool the air or warm it as the case may be. And the energy bills are often very very low by comparison to the traditional system. So and I know that if they drill a hole deep enough, you know, the Earth's core is molten. And I'm not sure you have to go all the way down to the Earth's core, but you get to a certain point, which is an achievable depth. It's pretty damn hot. I just it seems so simple that you could run a line down there. The water would heat up and boil like you talked about, and create steam, which would generate free electricity.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Iceland uses that. There's some places with volcanic activity where the lava is closer to the surface that you can do and yeah, you know interesting, isn't it.
Speaker 13: That?
Speaker 15: Gee, that's let me think that's carbon free. Yeah, why aren't people talking about that, Brian?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's mind boggling. We're off pursuing hydrogen technology and all these different, you know, very complicated things, but the simplistic thing of really, you know, you put a pipe into the and I know it's more complicated to this. I'm not a scientist and I don't play I don't play one on radio. But there's that massive amount of heat, and yes, it is close to the surface in a lot of places on the Earth. Hell, there's active volcanoes out in Hawaii, right.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, there are. I mean, you know, geothermal for industrial applications what we call industrial heat applications are possible. I know up at Miami University they use geothermal as well and have cut their bills substantially. And again, they used to have a coal fired power plant actually at Miami, and they don't any longer, and they've added on to it every year. In a couple of places around the world, people are putting geothermal under the streets and kind of giving it to an entire neighborhood, right, And it can help a lot. There are a lot and I think that that's really the issue is with AI and data centers. We need a lot more energy than we currently produce. We're having trouble getting it built because of some of these I'm going to call them silly environmental and process laws where we can't get anything done and then the loser sues and it's tied up for another seven to ten years. We've got to get back to a country of building things. And I know this president wants to get stuff built. He's a developer, he likes building stuff. And we've got to simplify what we're doing and get back to that core mission. Because America used to be doers. We used to be builders and whether that's energy, whether that's infrastructure, where that's roads, highways, whatever, we need to get back to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the more abundant and inexpense of the energy is, the more likely it is we can achieve these goals. And everybody listening, audience knows what's coming. I want to hear about nuclear power because it seems to be the literal answer to so many prayers, including environmental as prayers. The way these new nukessystems work. So first though, word for Fasten pro Roofing. Find them online faste and Fasten proroofing dot com and check out that gorgeous work that they do. And it's all like that perfect custom work for you. You need a new roof on your home, They'll do any type of roof you need. How about your commercial space? They do commercial work as well, copper custom copper work. I think I'm most impressed by that because that really takes some skill sets, and boy don't they have them. But for all things roofing and roofing related, you're dealing with a company that will never ever, ever, why do you steer you in the wrong direction. They take great care of their customers. It's important for them that the reputation remains intact and trust me, it is never trying to say anything you do not need like so many other unscrupulous roofing companies and superior work as well. I see it every day I drive home. Plus the siding on the backyard. I love this siding. They did hardyboard over the old vinyl. Just a tremendous improvement the look and the quality. Fastenproroofing dot com again call a plus with a better business bureau. Of course, it's a free, free, free, free roof inspection in quote five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five. Five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 6: This is Ashley.
Speaker 1: Channel nine first one and weather forecast. Clouds today with a high of forty six, clouds every night down to thirty can be a cloudy day. Tomorrow, rain in the afternoon, thirty seven, rain over night and some storms are possible Wednesday night thirty six for the low fifty five. The high on Thursday with some morning showers thirty nine degrees. Right now.
Speaker 7: Traffic time from the UCL Traffic Center. Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US. If you're at risk, trust the experts at you see Health for innovative in person of eyes Teartcare, expect more at uce health dot com. SATH Pound seventy one crews continue to work with an accident near Western Row. They're on the right hand side, then break lights from just above two seventy five towards fight for step. Pound seventy five is running an extra ten minutes through Wachland northbound seventy five close to that out of earl Linger into downtown Kingramont, fifty five tier seat the talk station.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRCT talk station Brian Thomas with BRIGHAMCGWN from the Hudson into talking energy policy. He'll be testifying in front of a Congressional committee tomorrow on energy policy. And Brigham's in all the above kind of guy and all the above suggests. Of course, among other things, we talked about nuclear power, which it drives me out of my mind, considering everybody's all worried about carbon output. Nuclear power doesn't put any carbon. And know these are no longer three mile island type nuclear plants. We have moved. We are decades past that new technologies exist, closed loop systems that don't require cooling towers, and as you pointed out to me off the break, no problem with waste anymore.
Speaker 15: With nuclear plants, great, we can recycle they spent uranium and pretty much put it back into operation. Nuclear fission, which is what we use, releases exponential amounts of energy over a fairly small footprint for a you know, a plant. And we have the capability to make large ones like we've like we always have, as well as to make a SMR smaller modular or a small modular reactor SMR, and even microreactors.
Speaker 1: Mean like the ones on my friend's submarine and the ones that are used to powered battleships and have been for the last fifty years brig them.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah about that aircraft care. All of our submarines have been nuclear powered since sixties. Yeah, maybe late fifties, late fifties. Somebody will call in and say, what they're a Michael chime in on that. But yeah, and right, I mean, this is not new and they're run by eighteen to twenty one year olds, you got that, right, And they're the smartest people in the navy, by the way, you know, I'm an ava guy, not a submarine, or don't call him. Some mariners they get upset.
Speaker 1: I know, I found that out too, I got corrected, so I haven't made that mistake.
Speaker 15: Yeah, we can release large amounts of energy that over the lifetime is one of the most cost effective way per kilowatt hour. But the government gets in our own way because our regulations are still antiquated. Yeah, we're still assuming we're building a three mile island and it takes you know, the joke is the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, the NRC has spent its entire life as an agency avoiding permitting anything that's got to change. That's got to change, and behind the scenes you won't hear much about this. But fusion. There is a space race on to develop fusion power. China's doing it, We're doing it. And that is the power of the sun. A sustainable combustion never ending that creates more energy than it uses. That's the holy grail. It's always been fifty years away, but we'll see.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine that it's almost It acts in defiance and the laws of physics. I mean, you go to the concept that energy matter can neither be created nor destroyed. How do you end up getting more energy out of something than anyway? Again, no scientists am I, but I've been hearing about that technology for illus since I was a little kid. Are we close at all? Do you have any insight into how far are we from being able to harness that type of technology.
Speaker 15: There are many startup companies in the US trying to figure this out, and unlike other energy where you share all of this technology, they're being very they're holding everything very close to the vest right because well profit and you know the Chinese will just steal it. And so we have several different reactor designs. One of them is called the Tokamak reactor. Don't ask me why to figure out how to do this, and right we can only sustain a chain reaction for anywhere from a few seconds to a record I'm told, but I haven't verified this independently as a thousand seconds, and then you have to tear the whole thing down and rebuild it. So wow, we're not quite there yet, I would say. But there are a couple people that plan on small commercial versions of fusion as early as the end of this decade, well real.
Speaker 1: Quickly before we take another break and bringing back for one more in terms of the size of the nuclear plants, and obviously, as you pointed out, they come in all shapes and sizes, but they're much more compact than they used to be. Artificial intelligence needs just a ton of electricity, and it seems to me that it's going to be one of the easiest ways for us to actually get this for our own use, because all the big players in AI are talking nuclear technology, building their own plants on their own facilities. Could one of these smaller, say submarine or aircraft carrier size react or actually run an entire artificial intelligence facility or it require something bigger than that.
Speaker 15: No, it sure could. I mean, you know, you could plug a submarine and empower a city of three hundred and fifty thousand people.
Speaker 1: There you go. Yeah, that's just See. Every time I hear things like that, it just really irks me that we are being deprived of this answer to our prayers seven forty seven fifty five R see detalk station QC. Kinetics maybe the answer to your pain prayers. And if you started out with the pain and it got gradually worse, Now you can't get in and out of the car where that's you know, wincing and pain climbing up the stairs. That our threat is pain, whether it's in your knee, your hip, some other joint, maybe your back. So you've been to the doctor steroid injections. Yeah, I've been down that road a whole bunch of times. You say to yourself, and I've not taken pain medications because they're tough to come by and they don't solve the problem. How about instead of surgery, which is your next step, QC Kinetics. QC Kinetics the nation's leader in regenerative cellular treatments toechnology. That's giving people like you an option other than surgery. It's an all natural approach, harnessing your body's own healing properties to treat the root cause of the r thready pain. Like PRP therapy, the elements come from your own body, concentrated placed in the joints where your pain is in office with no down time. You're gonna have downtime with surgery.
Speaker 10: Reck.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty much guarantee you that tens of thousands of patients are satisfied having rotten pain relief from the good people at QC Kinetics. So why not take advantage of the free initial consultation to see if these these regenitive treatments are right for you. Talk to them all about it. Call QC Connects for that free consultation. Five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. That's five one three eight four seven zero zero one.
Speaker 6: Nine fifty five krc.
Speaker 10: UH.
Speaker 1: Here's your channelnine weather forecast. Lots of clouds. We have clouds today with the high forty six. More night with a low of thirty clouds and some showers in the afternoon. Tomorrow thirty seven rain likely over night along with maybe storms. Thirty sixty overnight low at a higher fifty five with morning rain on Thursday, thirty eight degrees. Right now traffic time front.
Speaker 7: You see how traffic center. Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US. If you're at risk, trust the experts and you see Health for innovative and personalized heartcare.
Speaker 5: Expect more at you see health dot com. Cruise continue to work with.
Speaker 7: An accident in southbound seventy one near western row right hand side, then slow traffic into blue ash from just above to seventy five northbound seventy five and an extra ten minutes, Donaldson into downtown Southbounds an extra ten and then out of Lackland chuck Ingramont fifty five krs.
Speaker 5: The talk station.
Speaker 1: Just shout at seven to fifty two. If you about krcity talk station talking energy policy with the man who knows energy policy, bring him the count from the Hudson Institute teaching Energy policy at Miami University with a bunch of brilliant young graduate students. And you had another comment you wanted to make about fusion and embrace yourself for these fun facts. Folks. Now, we're not quite there yet with fusion, but it looks like, you know, someday, maybe within our lifetime, we can harness this technology. But give them a little comparison way by way of comparing it to nuclear power and then coal.
Speaker 15: Sure, well, fusion is generates four times the amount of power that fission produces, so it's a lot more fun, four times nuclear power, four times more than nuclear power, you know, bang for the buck, and four million times more energy than burning oil or coal.
Speaker 1: Four million Brian. That is just mind boggling.
Speaker 5: Isn't that a lot?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 15: The trouble is, of course, uh, you know, the high temperatures required to make it, and that's that's really one of the impediments right now. But by the way, it doesn't really produce radioactive material. After you shut the thing down within a very short period of time, there's nothing left. There's no radioactive material or what there is closest to it can be. The half life is so short it doesn't require all the safety precautions that regular fission reactors require, all.
Speaker 1: Right, And in terms of regular fission the stuff that we can do and can accomplish right now because that's what the French are using for their electricity, and so many other places are building nuclear reactors. Where do we get the nuclear material from to run the reactor? Brig them?
Speaker 15: Yeah, you know, this is amazing. We used to produce all of our nuclear fuel from Paduca, Kentucky and Piked in Ohio, not too far from where I grew up. And after the Cold War ended, we shut down that production because we took Russian fuel and down blended it. It was highly enriched uranium, nuclear bomb type material.
Speaker 1: This is post Soviet Union, falling.
Speaker 5: Post Soviet Union, and that was a good plan.
Speaker 15: You know, they said, please come take our stuff because we can't guarantee the safety, and we said, sure, we'll do that, but that decimated the domestic industry. We get our nuclear material from Russia. Canada wants to provide it for us, and they mine uranium. Once we get through our little family food fight with those guys, you know, and I do like the Canadians. They want a closer They even talked about an energy union in economic union with the US. They would like to do this, and I think, you know, Trump has his reasons for doing what he's doing, and it appears to be paying off. So while people are hysterical about what's going on with Mexico and Canada, just you know, hold your fire. It's all going to be fine.
Speaker 1: Well, And it only took like twelve hours to put things in short order, getting the tariff shut down and Donald Trump getting some of his way with regard to the border security and trying to shut down fentanyl from flowing into our country.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and that's really what it's about. It's about securing the board, it's about fentanyl. It's about the drug trade back and forth. It's about illicit money coming back and forth. And you know, is it unorthodox? Yes, from a diplomatic perspective. Is it the nicest way to treat your neighbors? Maybe not, But you know, he's a disruptor, and when you hire a disruptor, they disrupt things. That's the whole point, and that's what leads to breakthroughs. Quite honestly.
Speaker 1: Well, and none of this should shock anybody because he ran on doing it. Yeah, I mean he was talking about terriffs in the last year and a half. I mean it's like, oh my god, he put tariff's and like what he said he was going to right, And if I were into Europe, I'd be getting ready. Yeah, they're already rumblings from the European Union about counter tariffs. So it may be a great mechanism to get the ball rolling on further discussions, which it seems to have done here with Mexico and Canada. So let's keep our popcorn out. So far, it's born for it.
Speaker 15: There is a method to the madness.
Speaker 1: There certainly is. Brig him a gown again. Hudson dot Org is where you find Brigham. Search for his podcast, Charged Conversations and good luck with and safe travels on your way back to DC.
Speaker 15: Yeah, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Oh my pleasure, man, I'll look forward to hearing how things go. Thanks Brian sev fifty five Carcity talk station inside scoop, we're gonna be talking with Texas Border Associate Editor Bob Price on iced deportations, among other things. And then fast forward to eight thirty Daniel Davis deep dive on the latest going on with Ukraine and will Tulci and Pat Cash Bettel be confirmed? Kind of looking that way, Daniel Davis on that at a thirty.
Speaker 6: News happens fast, stay up to date. At the top of the hour, we're moving very quickly.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Then never thanks to the College Jim, have a great week, Bob, Bob Price, Welcome to the fifty five Karsse Morning Show. It's a pleasure to have you on. Bright Bart b R E I T B A R T bookmark at Breitbart dot com where you'll find Bob is the Texas Border Associate Editor. Bob Good, have you on the program again.
Speaker 12: Hey, great to be here. Good talking to you again. So what a couple of weeks that's been.
Speaker 1: A oh my god, a couple of weeks to see a couple of days, I mean it, no sooner was the dry on the declaration that we're going to impose tariffs on Canada and Mexico. After a couple of telephone conversations, guess what they're not. We got a thirty day pause. The presidents of both countries have agreed to help with ten thousand of their own military personnel plus allocation of funds and resources. That was pretty damn impressive.
Speaker 12: Well, what these foreign leaders are doing, the president of Columbia, the president of Mexico, the Prime minister of Canada. They're realizing that when the President of the United States says something, it's going to happen. As because of that, they are responding as negotiation should work in a way that gets through the United States the results that we're looking for, which is securing our borders, getting these criminal aliens out of the country and stopping the fentanyl trafficking from coming in here and killing hundreds of thousands of people in the United States.
Speaker 1: Bob, since you've been firing, you have literally been following the border issues for a couple I guess decades. Now, do you have you come to some conclusion if there's some sort of nefarious intent or unstated intent by allowing literally tens of thousands and millions of people into our country when we were not prepared to deal with them coming into our country in such a fast pace. Schools overwhelmed, cities overwhelmed, resources used up. But this was seemingly a natural result of an intended policy. Am I missing something here? Is this global population redistribution?
Speaker 2: Is this?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm hard pressed to find out how in this could be in any way, shape or form good for the American country and citizenry.
Speaker 12: Well, it has not been good for the American people, and even liberals mayors like Eric Adams in New York have finally figured this out thanks to Governor Greg Abbott and his action of bussing migrants up to New York City and other sanctuary cities. And so, yes, it was an intentional decision. President Joe Biden on the day he took office wiped out every single policy, the successful policy that Donald Trump had put in place that resulted in the most secure border in decades, and turned it into the most unsecured border ever, you know, with eleven million people crossing the border during his tenure. And so now President Trump has the task of finding these people and removing them and getting them back out, starting with the criminals first. But you know, if you're here illegally, and in many cases, we have documentation on these now thanks to Joe Biden, so we're going to find them and take them out of the country.
Speaker 1: So why would they want this to happen to us given the problems that seemingly insurmountable challenges they have brought to our country in terms of again, like just look at just one of them, like education, I mean, individual young people who do not speak English are being placed into classrooms require their own special language teacher, which is obviously comes at a great expense, but also lodge it is understood that it's holding back other kids from learning given the resources that are allocated to these new students.
Speaker 12: Well, remember when Barack Obama took office, his stated intention was to fundamentally change the United States, and he started some of these programs of bringing in more and more migrants across the border. President Trump tried to reverse that and was very successful in reversing that policy. And then Joe Biden and his team Kamala Harris and Alejandro Majorcus, they put it on steroids.
Speaker 10: And literally brought in.
Speaker 12: People that created all of these problems that you just said. It's not just education. Look at the cost of housing that's going the availability of low income housing that just disappeared, the depression of wages, and because of the mass input into the workforce, and the cost of our healthcare system, the cost our education system, the cost and are prison systems. All of these things are negatively impacting the taxpayers of the United States.
Speaker 10: And now we're going to fix that with President Trump in office.
Speaker 1: Well, and don't you kind of get the impression that they didn't get the result they were hoping for. And I don't know what it's going to be like fast forward ten years from now, and I don't know how they're going to resolve the questions of whether these folks can be naturalized or otherwise being granted citizenships, which may very well come with a voting right. But look at all of the people who rebelled against these illegal immigrants taking over the communities typically really die hard blue Democrats, many people in the black and Hispanic communities who the left was convinced that all these new immigrants being welcome in our country were going to be great voting blocks for them. It didn't quite happen.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 12: One of the things that changed some of that was the violence of the trend de Ragua Venezuelan and President Gang that President Trump has now declared to be a foreign terrorist organization. So it really started negatively impacting these people. When people's children schools were taken over to become or centers, detention centers for these migrants up in these cities, people just got sed up with it. Now, the mayors of Denver in Chicago haven't gotten the message from their voters yet, But the next election, I think they probably will.
Speaker 1: Exactly, I haven't gotten the memo yet. It's crazy in what strikes you think, how do you think the Democrats are going to treat this on a going forward basis? Considering the obviously devastating loss they suffered. Trump won the popular vote, for God's sake, they seem to be in a complete state of disarray in terms of what policies they're going to be embracing or not well.
Speaker 12: And when you look at the popular vote in California and in New York and many of these other blue states, President Trump made significant gains in those He didn't win those states, but he did make huge gains there. And now when you look at the reckless policies of California Governor Newsom, Mayor bas in Los Angeles, with these fires and everything, people are set up with it. They're realizing that this just does not work. Every major city that has catastrophic problems all have one thing in common, and that is Democrat leadership.
Speaker 1: Now one of the struggles Mexico's had for a long time, I think, and it continues to this day as I look at this Fox News article about Mexican drug hotels now ordering their members to target border patrol agents with Kami Kazi drones and other explosives. The gangs run Mexico in large part. I mean, any politician that goes out seeking reform or runs against or runs against a for a crackdown on gangs usually finds themselves dead.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 12: And we did see the border patrol the cartels in Tamilpas in Mexico opening fire on border patrol agents about ten days ago. You know, it's very dangerous along the border. Our intelligent sources don't believe at this point that they are going to use drones against the border patrol because of the escalation effect that that would have yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. But you see a Secretary of Defense headset now saying that military strikes, unilateral military strikes by the United States into Mexico are on the table. And so if I was one of these cartel leaders, I'd be paying attention to what the president is doing over in the Middle East and maybe get my head down a little bit.
Speaker 1: Well, don't you think, I mean, would we actually order strikes without the approval of the Mexican government, Because you know, one might presume or perceive that to be an act of war, even if you are going after evil gangs, you have launched a missile strike or a military strike in our sovereign nation. I kind of if I was in a president of any given country, I might have a big issue with that, unless, of course, it provides a convenient opportunity to get rid of evil cartels that might otherwise put an end of my life if I crack down on them.
Speaker 10: Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 12: The United States takes action and sovereign countries all across the world when we deem it for the safety and security of the citizens of the United States. Over one hundred thousand people have been murdered by these drug cartels and the Chinese government and their cooperation of sending the precursor chemicals over for the fennanol, and so those are acts of war against the United States. The United States has every right to respond to that. And yes, it would be an act of war against these foreign terrorist organizations, and they are in control of much of the country, and you know, we just can't sit by and idly let that happen.
Speaker 1: Bob Price is the Brightbard News editor and border expert. Now, since you mentioned the Chinese and the precursor chemicals, which I think come almost exclusively from China, I've always viewed that their lack of cooperation and willingness to crack down on manufacturers that they know of in their own country shipping these things out of the country. You know how tight the Chinese Communist Party is over data and what's going on. They know damn well exactly who these characters and these actors are, and they could stop it from happening if they chose to. I've always viewed the invasion of fentanyl and the quantities of fentanyl as a subtle act of war by the Chinese against the United States.
Speaker 12: Well, and if you look at the operation numbers coming across the borders of the United States. Massive numbers of Chinese young military age men have been crossing during the last four years into the country.
Speaker 10: Yeah, again, that's one of those things.
Speaker 12: Everything that happens in China, China knows about Those people aren't coming up with that fifty to one hundred thousand dollars fee to pay the cartels out of their own pocket from what they were doing in China.
Speaker 10: So there's a reason why they're here, and we need to be prepared for that.
Speaker 1: Aim into that, Bob Price, It's been a real pleasure having you back in the fifty five krs the Morning Show. Keep up the great work at Breitbart. Will certainly be reading what you write about and we'll talk again soon.
Speaker 10: I hope. Thanks, we'll see soon.
Speaker 1: My pleasure. Eight twenty one to fifty five k s The Talk Station. Daniel Davis Deep Dive. Come up to the bottom of the hour. First Foreign Exchange, Get your car repaired properly with a full warranty on parts and service. Take it to Foreign Exchange. Traditionally imported cars from Asia or Europe and Tesla's. They now do Teslas as well. They've all been trained on repairing teslas. They do everything from software programming to well just run of the mill repairs. Your car is getting ready to go out of warranty, take it to Foreign Exchange before that happens, and have them identify all the things that can be fixed under warranty before you lose out on that freebie. But when it comes to having to pay for it, the point is you don't pay as much at Foreign Exchange as you do with the dealer, and we're talking really some substantial savings. I prefer the Westchester location. That's Tyler's will A legged it off of seventy five go east two streets, hanging right. You are there on Kingland Drive and running right into the Foreign Exchange location where I hope you tell them, Brian said, high when you call for the appointment. Tom Brian said high five to one three six four four twenty six, twenty six five one three six four four twenty six twenty six Online Foreign xform the letter X dot com fifty five KRC for more information about a twenty eight to fifty five KRCD talk station. Happy Tuesday extra special always because you get to hear Daniel Davis with a Daniel Davis deep Die from the former retired lieutenant colonel talking of course we'll talk to Ukraine and Russia. Welcome back to the program, my friend. It's always a pleasure to have you on the show.
Speaker 9: Always great to be here, Brian, looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: Another day, another missile strike. It's depending on which article you read. Russian missile strike attack kills four in Kharkiv, and there's another one says five killed, twenty four hospitalized, and the missile striker and Kharkiv again the fog of war. You never can't quite get a clue on how many people have been injured or killed or died. But another day, another missile strike. What's is the landscape changing since we talked last tesday, Daniel? Are we still where we were?
Speaker 9: Well, there hasn't been a whole lot of ground action. There's just continue with the creeping a east or westward movement by the Russian forces that that hasn't stopped UH, but Russia seems to be spending a lot more time hitting these these missile strikes deeper into the Ukraine heartland, especially in the UH the the Kharkiv area as you mentioned there, going after energy and and UH electric production facilities, which keeps on limiting their economic capacity to sustain the war. But there's also been a recent upturn, uh upturn in the use of specific drones deep inside of Ukraine, and that's been a bit of a change and we'll we'll have to wait to see what it portends. But they've been using a lot of these fiber optic drones deep inside behind the lines, which either implies that the range of these things has been significantly increased or that there are Russian partisans operating behind the lines in larger numbers, and especially in two specific areas around the koupiansk Uh and in the Sumi region of Ukraine. UH, it's just been devastating issues and one drone after another. And if you're not familiar with these fiber optic cables, they can't be jammed, so if they fly, they will kill something. And so far the Ukraine doesn't have an answer to it, and the Russians are starting to use more and more of them. And if you weaken the lines behind the lines, then that means that at some point you're gonna weaken the fabric up at the front line.
Speaker 1: Are you talking about something along the lines of it used to be the tow missiles.
Speaker 9: They had a yes, exactly the same Yeah, told me so, which has a tiny of like a hair fiber optic cable or the missile flew into it.
Speaker 1: Will.
Speaker 9: Now they've used it the same technology.
Speaker 1: In the drones. Wow, because obviously, at least in the early days I think those came out well, like in the eighties or something like that. I mean there they were limited in terms of the distance because of course the limitations of having a fiber optic cable connected to the missile. That's exactly right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you have to have a spool that it unspools as it flies, and you can barely see it. I mean you can obviously you can see it when you're on there, but you know, I mean even ten feet away you have a hard time seeing it is that thin. But it's enough to get the signals so that the thing can be driving on target and you literally have something like HD video on the on the drivers i mean on the operators handle and obviously you know, you have some issues obviously can't fly around trees because then it gets tangled up, but you can get it on target. It's been very just devastating effective in the Sumi region especially now, are these and I'm sure everything has some sort of military target benefit like power plants and that I get all day long, But when you're hitting buildings with these where they just civilians are there, and coupled with the point that it's further and further inland within the interior of Ukraine, are these designed to be more of psychological winds, like you know, posing the the real genuine existential threat for the Ukrainians that Oh my god, the Russians really are advancing.
Speaker 1: Look how far in they got with that most recent and missiles strake.
Speaker 9: I don't think so, because Russia has a relatively I mean, they've ramped up production, but it's still comparatively limited, and so these things are very valuable and they don't just spend them for I think psychological effect very oftentimes at least what the Russians are claiming, and there does seem to be some justification for it that some of these buildings they hit, or where the Ukraine side is housing troops or where they were in some cases recently there's been Western trainers and some of these Western people who have been fighting for Ukraine have been stationed where they think they've been safe in the rear to have this, you know, civilian buildings be used to house these people, and all of a sudden, Russia is saying yeah, and actually nothing's safe. And by the way, that's also another product of the growing number of Russian partisans on the Russia on the Ukraine side of the line of contact. And as I had on a show last week with a former NATO officer out of Switzerland, he said that there is growing belief that there could be a rise of an actual partisan conflict in some of the rear cities like Odessa, like Kharkips City, and then other these areas in between, like where some of these missile strikes are coming. So that's a big problem for the Ukraine side, and they've actually conducted a thousand raids to try to find some of these, but it's starting.
Speaker 1: To be a real problem in the rear well. If that is a growing concern and more and more folks are moving over and embracing sort of the Russian side of the equation, that presents a major intelligence problem for the Ukrainians because someone's going to ferret out to the Russians where these soldiers are hiding.
Speaker 9: Well, clearly that's exactly what's going on right now. That's the only way you can get these even the drone strikes with the fiber optic tables deep behind Ukraine lines. Almost the only way you can do that is either have partisans tell you where they are, or you are the partisans themselves are operating the drones.
Speaker 1: So it's you're right, it's a real problem. Well, also a corollary problem you and I talked, and I have talked about before in the past, but I've just seen, you know, since our last conversation more reports Ukraine soldiers deserting their posts.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and there's a new category also that was also revealed in since you and I have talked last, is that there are in the quote was hundreds of thousands of Ukrainian men just refusing to fight. So when they say, hey, like we want to conduct this this defensive counter attack here against the Russians in the in the po Krowsk area, actually over the last twelve hours, many of them are just refusing. They're saying, no, We're just not going to go. So it's just a compounding problem because listen, I mean, how are you going to be motivated to risk your life on an attack when you can see on your own news feed that Trump is aggressively trying to figure out how he's gonna end this war. Is You're going to take the you know, as payment, the rare earth minerals from the Ukraine side and all that. So you see to get ready to talk to Vladimir Putin. You know that the war is effectively over. You're just figured out how it's going to end. You don't want to be one of the last wants to die for award. It's already over and we're seeing the results of that on the battlefield.
Speaker 1: Well, and isn't it an interesting reality that Donald Trump and the United States alone might have that impact. What about all of the other countries who have been pushing this, I mean, Britain was pushing arming Ukraine and the rest of the NATO country are the ones that were being so alarmist about the encroachment by the Russians and they're going to be in our back door and oh my god, this is an existential threat to the existence of the European Union or whatever. And you and I have pointed out that that's just it's not within the realm of possibility. At least you and I perceive it to be that way. But where's everybody else? I'm sort of asking, well.
Speaker 9: This I also yesterday afternoon you had to Keir Starmer meet with not just Deltenberg, Mark Rutta, the new NATO Secretary General, and they're still talking like it's the second or third month of the war. Yes, we're gonna uk said, we're going to give more support, ammunition, training, and everything else to Ukraine twenty five then in any other year of the war so far. And it just boggles my mind. What are you trying to accomplish when you have Donald Trump sitting there saying we're doing the exact opposite, trying to wind it down, and you're talking about send it up now. If his thought is well, we'll just do this to keep the pressure on Putin so that he'll make a better deal, I mean, that train left the station a long time ago. That's not gonna happen. There's no pressure you can bring to Putin that's gonna bear, or it would already have been done. And yet we seem disconnected at the highest levels in Europe, even from what Trump's doing much less battlefield reality.
Speaker 1: Well, on the heels of our moments ago discussion about how the Ukrainian soldiers aren't even fighting and they can't replenish the front line troops. Who in the hell are they going to apply this training to, Daniel? I mean, who are you gonna train?
Speaker 9: That's exactly the disconnect I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Oh my well, pivoting over Tulsea Gabbert, Cash, Mattel, Where are you on these and good, bad, indifferent? How are we looking on this?
Speaker 9: Yeah, Tulsa Gabbert in particular, is in my view, the best cabinet level pick that Trump has made, bar none, and I mean all of them. And she's also facing the most fierce resistance of any of them, precisely because she's the most qualified, meaning that she will actually faithfully do the job, which she said in her inner statements that she's gonna faithfully tell the president what the intelligence assessments actually are, meaning she's not gonna sway it and bend it because of a perceived bias that she wants or that the you know, the establishment in Washington, which almost always reflectively wants whatever the d and I says to the President to be Yeah, we have to use military force here, that's what's happened quite frankly most of the time in the past, and what the the industry in Washington really wants, and so they have just brought out the knives against her. It doesn't look like it's going to succeed. There's been a couple of key senators and just in the last twelve or twenty or eighteen hours that have come out and said publicly out of the intel community, they're going to vote for her, because it's just it's an eight to nine vote just to get her out of committee, to get her into the overall Senate vote, which apparently is supposed to happen today. If she gets through that, and then I think that it's likely that she's going to be confirmed. But it's going to be a tight one. But it's one that I think Trump will benefit from more than any other.
Speaker 1: So what I'm hearing is then she is not someone like we've had before, married to the military industrial complex and seeking to perpetuate it.
Speaker 9: She is an arms length distance from them because she doesn't want to be swayed by that. Her whole career, I mean, she took all kinds of heat from the Democratic Party because also she is not anybody's tool. She's not anybody's puppet, as she said before, and that got her kicked out of the Democratic Party. She was a rising star in the Democratic Party, but she was also an honest broker. And they don't want an honest broker. They want somebody who was going to play the game. Well, there's on the Republican side a similar kind of constituency. They want someone who's good, but only if they can control them, and she can't be controlled, and so that scares a lot of them, so they don't want her in there. And that's why we need her in there, because she'll just tell the truth, even if it's if the truth is the intelligence says we need to use military force, she'll tell him that. But if it says no, this won't succeed, and the intelligence says that this is not a good place to go, she'll tell.
Speaker 1: Him that too. That's what we need in that position, all right. And pivoting over to cash Betel.
Speaker 9: Honestly, I don't have a lot of knowledge about him. I I've got limited bandwidth and I just haven't been able to focus much.
Speaker 1: On that when I took Youel, that's quite all right, and I just got out on the heels of a conversation about our southern border and Pete Hegzeth is considering maybe launching military strikes against the cartels in Mexico, And you know, being the constitutionalist, I am uh and I understand the value of easily eradicating evil actors in the world. But you know, if an evil actor is in my country and some other country decides to start launching missiles into my country, as good intentions as that may be, I might view it as an act of war. What's your take on doing that? Because we've you know, we've blown up targets literally in the four corners of the world with rockets and just sort of random attacks out of nowhere. I've always been sort of suspicious of our ability to actually do that. Well.
Speaker 9: Our ability to actually take out a target anywhere in the world is substantial.
Speaker 1: Yes, and we can.
Speaker 9: We have the capabilities, We have the technical capabilities, intelligence capabilities and all that.
Speaker 10: But I am with you on this one.
Speaker 9: And I know that there's a lot of different views on Some of my close friends and colleagues have different views than I do. But I am a staunch defender of defending the border. Let's defend our border, let's prevent anybody from coming in. If we have nefarious actors, we should use law enforcement or military whatever to take out that threat to our country in our country. But going into another country, I think is a legal issue. It's an international rules based situation because exactly what you said, I don't ever want a president where some China, Russia, any other country can say, well, there was a bad actor of ours in your country, so we just took them out. We don't want that and we would never tolerate it.
Speaker 1: So I don't think that.
Speaker 9: I think that we should not do that tier.
Speaker 1: But there's a.
Speaker 9: Bigger issue to me. You go after the cartails, you make it a war in the cartels, they will bring the war back to you. And as bad as a lot of the stuff is right now, it's not been open warfare. And just look in Mexico what the cartels can do when they get mad and they start trying to strike back.
Speaker 1: We don't want that to happen on our soil. Well, and lord knows what the open borders we've been dealing with, and the ten to fifteen million people, a lot of whom were members of various gangs. They're firmly entrenched in our country. They could start launching terrorist attacks, and you know, I can see the reprisals coming, and it does indeed concern me. Daniel Davis Deep Dive find them on line. You'll find his podcast and we'll always find it here in fifty five KR. See the talk station every Tuesday beginning at eight thirty. Love the conversations, Daniel. I help you have a fantastic week, my friend.
Speaker 9: Same to you and list see you next Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Take care brother eight forty two at fifty five KRC, the talk station who he can stick around. Phone lines are open, Feel free to call. I got a little bit of time between now and the end of the program to talk, so if you've got something you want to talk about, I'd love to hear from him. Be right back.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio Station.
Speaker 16: Steve Perrins coordinated Financial Cloudy day to day, says Chentlemen. I'm going up to forty six for the high, down to thirty overnight with clowns. Tomorrow overcast showers show up later in the day with a high thirty seven and then continue overnight. Those showers too, maybe even storms overnight low thirty six with a high fifty five on Thursday morning showers.
Speaker 1: Closing out of thirty eight. Right now, time for final traffic. Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 7: From the uc UP Traffic Center. Heart Disease SAY is the leading college of death in the US. If you're risk, trusts the experts at you see Health for innovative in person of ice, heartcare.
Speaker 5: Expect more at you see help dot com.
Speaker 7: Southbound seventy five continues to struggle close to a half hour delay out of Sharonville Do a broken down at gabboth right Leaness Block northbound seventy five. Break flights continued, buttermilk to Kyle's southbound seventy one, running an extra fifteen minutes hopping on that breaks from above to seventy five past Red Bank. Chuck king Ramont fifty five kr A seat the talk station, Hey forty eight, I fifty.
Speaker 1: Have krc DE talk station. Happy Tuesday tomorrow, Jude Jennita Pallatanna every Wednesday at eight thirty, and I was pleased to look up and see on the hotline screen retired Congressman Brad Weinster, Hey, Brad, good to have you back. On the show. My friend, it's good to be with you, Brian.
Speaker 13: Can you hear me all right? Uh?
Speaker 1: Loud and clear? Well louden career to what do we owe the pleasure of a phone call from you today?
Speaker 2: Sir?
Speaker 13: Well, I'm driving up I seventy one and the Columbus and was listening to you, of course, and you were talking about the fentanyl and China, and I just thought i'd chair so my experiences with the Chinese concerning fentanyl. I go back about eight nine years ago. I was in China and amongst our many conversations with their leadership, I said, you know, there's a lot we can do in health together health, but you sending fentanyl into people's homes in the United States, You've really got to stop it.
Speaker 11: It's got to stop.
Speaker 1: And you know, lo and behold.
Speaker 13: In twenty nineteen they put a ban on that, but they never stopped selling the precursors. And then about two years ago the ambassador, the Chinese ambassador to the United States reached out and said, oh, I'm going to come to Ohio and I'd like to, you know, make some rounds members of Congress see if there's some things.
Speaker 11: That Ohio and China can do together.
Speaker 13: Well, it turned out the only two people that they wanted to talk who from Ohio or me and Mike Turner, And we're both on the Intelligence Committee. So one of the things he said to me was, yeah, figure that out. One of the things he said to me was, Hey, we don't like getting blamed for fentanyl, and I just looked at him. I said, we'll stop doing it, and he goes, well, we're just selling a legal product. I said, I understand that. I understand that. I said, well, how about we team up on that. You want to know what we can do together. We can work with you on tracking the precursors and let's see exactly where they go and if they're going in the wrong hands, maybe we can prevent that. Maybe we can even work with the Mexican government on that. Well, then he just only wanted to talk about Taiwan. I just thought i'd share that story that, Well, we know exactly what they're doing. It's part of their whole aggressive initiative.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is an element of this ongoing It's sort of a version of the Cold War we're having. It's a modern Cold War attacked hacking into our systems putting to various software in places that could spell gloom and doom for us, like if they shut our power grid down or our water and they obviously have demonstrated the ability to do that, so that that's just sort of a weight and see until they flip the switch kind of thing. But in the meantime, you know, I am thoroughly convinced Congress with windsorrip that they are behind a lot of this global warming, global climate change propaganda because if they keep perpetuating it and keep crazies like Greta Thunberg thinking that we shouldn't have, you know, abundant, inexpensive nuclear power to solve our problems because it won't bother the globe, that they end up gaining a strategic advantage over us. We're cutting our own throats. They know it. And meanwhile they continue to build more and more power plants. And we just talked about that with Brigham A. Outen this morning on the program, and here we are we continue to do it. Another element is send the precursor chemicals to Mexico and or Canada so they can be manufactured in defense Noel which will come into the United States and reap all kinds of havoc on armed communities. It's just little things here and there, and it all adds up.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's death by a thousand fin tricks, right, and you know in this case, there's one hundred thousand plus Americans between eighteen and forty five dying every year for the last four years or so. Yeah, I mean, this is our next generation there, and they're it's not your drug addict of the sixties or something like that. You have a lot of people taking things innocently and dying they think they're taking something else. I mean, it's it's very calculated, very devious, and you know what they hope. But the cartel's hope is you get addicted and keep coming back to them. But if one or two die along the way, well that's okay. And China's all in favor of that because it's a cancer on American society and it weakens us in so many ways, makes it harder for us to have a military if people eighteen to forty five are dying, So you know, they know what they're doing. They know what they're doing, and let's see, hopefully these tariffs are going to make a difference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I suppose it is one thing we can hope for, so easy for them to stop these shipments. And from my understanding is Congress retired Congress from Winstrom, they are the former. There are legitimate medical or scientific reasons that these precursors can be used for legitimate purposes. The problem is they're not, and so they're ending up in the hands of drug manufacturers as opposed to elsewhere. If I if I got that right, otherwise, why are they even making the precursors?
Speaker 13: Yeah, apparently these precursors go into a lot of products that we use every day. But I will say another thing too, about fentanyl itself. We're talking about illicit fentanyl because fentanel, used appropriately at the right dose in anesthesia is very very effective, especially for short surgical cases. You know, I did a lot of short surgical cases, you know, one two hours and as opposed to eight, nine, ten hours, it's very effective. It has a short half leg, it's in and out of the system quickly. But believe me, it's nowhere near the dose that people are getting in these illegal.
Speaker 1: Drugs, right And it's really kind of hard to fathom if we have one hundred thousand plus people dying of fentyl overdoses every year. How many people does that translate to that are addicted to it and using it on a regular basis. It's a frightening thought.
Speaker 14: You got it.
Speaker 1: You got it, Brad Weinstrup. You know you always have the hotline number. You can always feel free to call it. And then you know, from the bottom of my heart, I can't thank you for listening to the Morning show on your way up to Columbus. You got anything really important going on up there?
Speaker 13: Well, yeah, I'm gonna start doing some work for a company called Battel, which I have known pretty well, especially with my time on the Intelligence Committee. They do bioscience and biotech and most of their work is for Department of Defense.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 13: And I'm going to be working with them a little bit as a consultant and I'm looking forward to it. I've known him for a while and I'm glad they reached out to me to want to spend some time with them.
Speaker 11: And That's where I'm headed right now.
Speaker 1: Well, considering your servicing the American military, couple with your medical background, it sounds like an ideal fit. So on behalf of all the listening audience and me. We wish you the best of luck in that position. I hope it goes well for you.
Speaker 13: Hey, thanks Brian, it'll be good.
Speaker 1: Thanks again for calling. Safe travels, my friend. Feel free to call anytime you're going to chime in. I'd love to hear from you. It's eight fifty five folks. If you have Kcity Talk Station, Briga McGowan and studio mister Energy Policy Charging Charge Conversations his podcast We did talk full hour of Energy Policy. He is now on his way to DC to testify in front of one of the committees about America's energy policy. Late but Better Off Late the never Bob Price on the Texas border situation from Breitbart with the Inside Scoop and of course Daniel Davis Deep Dive podcast at five KRC dot com. Tuning tomorrow for Judejennena Politano, Joe Strecker. Thank you for producing the program. I certainly appreciate what you do every day. Folks. Have a great day, listener lunch tomorrow Little Miami Brewing in Milford. I hope to see you there and don't go weg Glenn Beck's coming right.
Speaker 5: On covering Trump's first one hundred days, every day, every.
Speaker 15: Day, Promises made, promises kept.
Speaker 5: Fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 6: This report