Speaker 1: At least on the right side of the week.
Speaker 2: And it's gonna be as I have pointed out each and every day, and I feel I feel like a broken record saying it. It's what possible insanity could strike us today and every day where I'm like, oh my gosh, there it is. There's the there's the hand grenade rolled into the room. We get done with the show we're doing, you know, believe it or not. Ross and I have other duties, uh than just the three hours you hear right, You've got production and we got and then obviously show prep for the next day, and that takes place in the evening and and and you know, you like to disconnect, you like to have that window.
Speaker 1: But it's just things are too crazy right now.
Speaker 2: And so like every day this week, I'm sitting there and you know, we when we're done with the show, maybe one of the last conversations Ross and I'll have is you know about oh this, uh, what are they gonna do with Tulci Gabbard? What are they gonna do with this? And then we go and and then whatever we were talking about, you like, yesterday was the heg Sas stuff and everyone I'm like you're settling in for a long day on Twitter watching people lose their minds over military tattoos. All those are white supremacist tattoos. And I'm like, uh, I think some guys at the one hundred first or eighty second or whatever. I'm sorry, I don't know his division, but I like, you can look this stuff up. You can lay There's a lot of stuff that rolls over and they're like, oh, he's got Latin on that tattoo on his chest.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, uh, listen.
Speaker 2: Point Dexter, who thinks you're better than everyone because you have a Yale degree? Never mind he has Princeton and Harvard. We'll get your degree. Got a little Latin on there? In fact, if you if you don't want to, if you want to avoid Latin reaching your pocket, do you have any rectangular green things in there?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man covered in Latin?
Speaker 3: Give me that?
Speaker 1: So what what like that? Yesterday was supposed.
Speaker 2: To be the bone that the dog that is, you know, the outrage left was gonna chew on and he's an afterthought and I don't know, I don't know, And we'll break it down. Man, I don't know if we're dealing with some super duper four D chess here I have went in a lot of different directions. Ross and I had to have some conversation off the air about this yesterday, like.
Speaker 1: What's up with the Gates thing?
Speaker 2: And I wrote, Now, I did tweet about this, and some of you were like, oh, why are you trying to hamstring his administration? What I wrote and it said, Gates is no somebody talked to him, and I'll be happy to be wrong. But then the question becomes is Gates it is the nomination Matt Gates, the Florida congressman, really a nomination for attorney general because you could when it was first announced, you could make a lot of different arguments. Right, there's the nefarious arguments where they're like, he's doing it because they were going to release a report about him being a naughty boy, if you remember they had they were accusing him of sex trafficking, among other things. And the problem is the same people accusing him of the same Russia collusion people, and you know Donald Trump, you know, promoting all of Donald Trump's prosecutions. So pardon me if I don't necessarily buy into the narrative. I don't disagree that Matt Gates probably likes to party, but he's a younger dude down in Florida, and you know, if this is just about embarrassing him, that's not gonna work. Now if you've got actual details on this stuff. Hey, I'm all for investigations with the members of Congress being out there, but it matters how investigations get going too. So an argument could have been made that the Gates appointment was not one where they intended to get them through, but rather to distract from everything else. So they have you know, they got a bone and no, and I I think.
Speaker 1: I thought that that was an acceptable theory.
Speaker 2: Then I'm sitting there and I am.
Speaker 1: All right, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Don't worry Abouston, Paul, we'll talk about football. Maybe maybe not so like I get that, but also why would you do that? And then you know the answer to that would be he's he's got somebody else he's gonna pull out. Gates will still get a gig, but it won't be Attorney general.
Speaker 1: But then and then as I.
Speaker 2: Go throughout the day, I don't think they're gonna have appointment hearings on a lot of these. I think there is a strong argument to be made, and I'm not gonna be one of these a holes on Twitter running around telling you they know everything and oh wait till you hear who they're gonna be the FBI director. I can't tell you. I'm just so smart, I'm so connected. I must have blocked fifty of those a holes yesterday, people, probably including people who might listen to this show, because I'm just done with that. The one thing that Twitter is kind of rewarded is that behavior. I don't know of a better way to do it necessarily. I'm just saying for me, I hate that. I hate it, and now people do it just for the monetization of it. When when Thomas, sorry, when Thomas Massey is sitting there and they try to shove a microphone in his face as he is, you know, moving around there, Oh what do you think of this? What do you think of that? And he literally had this answer ready to go in his brain. In fact, let me, I'm gonna play the audio for you. I start to think that it's it's maybe not like a distractive tool, but rather they want to put Gates there. Don't get me wrong, Gates has this is a dude. A lot of it's spurred on by what he feels is his own persecution. It's like he told him, he's like, when Trump's in. He didn't say when he was in, but back in the day, he said, when Trump's in, We're gonna get receipts on all this stuff. We're gonna look at all of these you know, the ways in which you pushed along these investigations where people who are now media members like Andrew Weissman and others who are just horrified, who at the time were special prosecutors and were coordinating with the FBI. And if you remember that that guy who was rewarded with a job Weisman as a reporter now was one of the chief promoters of the Russia Gate thing. And so when you see when you see people, when you see people flailing their arms, man, it warms my heart with cats like that, And I look, I I don't need them drug into courtrooms where they hold back a bunch of the evidence and all the rest of us, like, it's far more important if there's if the difference between five people going to prison or.
Speaker 1: A case that is so.
Speaker 2: Out in the open with all the details that a judge finally says, look, we're not able to prosecute, however it exposed is the apparatus of the quote unquote deep state, or at the very least, people who use their positions of power to persecute their political enemies. I am I'm in tier two. I'd hope we could do both. But if some absolute slime balls have to walk free, hopefully their career will be ruined. But it gets us so that we can see the scope of the rot. I will yield on that side, and Gates has said that's what he wants to do.
Speaker 1: Here's my problem with Gates.
Speaker 2: For all of you who just assume that I'm a secret Illuminati deep state guy. Okay, it was like three of you, but you were very vocal. I let me ask you a question. What do you think is the most important appointment selection that Trump will make? What do you think is the most important I And you know, let's take vice president out of this, because that's its own thing, right, and that's more of a campaign thing.
Speaker 1: Not that I think Vance is. I think Vance is amazing.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying that really when you get in there, because let's face the vice president sometimes they do stuff, sometimes they don't.
Speaker 1: They do have some nice digs in the Georgetown area. Though, I will say that.
Speaker 2: The most important especially for what Trump is hoping to accomplish and the story of what brought him here, is Attorney General. Does anyone want to argue that point being the most important job, the most important job that he's going to appoint for his attorney general. I was super excited to hear who that was going to be. And in my mind there was one parameter, and that was I don't want somebody who's in who's in the club now they're going to know each other. It's just it's just the casualty of big you know, a big tent, so to speak. And I mean in politics, at the end of the day, if you're at the national level, even if you're more state oriented, eventually you're going to cross beams there in DC. But as a member of Congress or a former member of Congress, you can make the argument that it'll be easier for him to sift. I make the argument that no matter who it is, the Virgin Mary herself, if she did a couple terms, I'm more comfortable with somebody who's not been a member of Congress and not worked for one of the big federal agencies, and it's.
Speaker 1: A certain purity test. I hear you.
Speaker 2: I want somebody who no favors are owed to. I don't. And as independent as somebody can claim to be, it's really hard. It's really hard to shoot your buddy, not actually shoot.
Speaker 1: Let me just be.
Speaker 2: Clear here, but you know what I'm saying. So I want that no holds part things. So when I heard Matt Gates, I you know, people object.
Speaker 1: He's like, oh, he's he's.
Speaker 2: Raping teens, and yeah, you know that's those are the accusations. That's the trafficking accusation. Although I've read like two or three ways and them trying to explain what they're accusing him of, and I don't understand it. It smells a lot like the Trump stuff. But we'll see, or maybe we won't, because that's the other theory. The reason they did the Gates thing is because that he can resign and then this and then they can't release the report, and then he can come back as congressman because he was re elected. And admittedly I have there are very few good sources on how this plays out on that Floorida thing, right, you could you can trust what the Governor's office is saying. But then, of course, because they've learned nothing, every single legal pundit on you know, the mainstream media is like, oh no, they can't, they can't, and it'll be a constitutional crisis. And the problem is, I can't listen to any of you because you're all full of crap. Almost nearly everything you said, everything you said when you were doing legal analysis about things having to do with Trump is bs, provably bs and don't tell me, well, Leticia James got the thing. Yeah, but the majority of Americans, including Democrats in that list, think that what happened up there in New York was lawfare. The difference is that a lot of the Democrats are cool with it. And I'm not just saying that to it to be like, ah, this is what I think I'm saying. We talked about on the show polling where they went out and they found out that like fifty three or fifty six percent of Democrats believed that those prosecutions would not be happening if it was not Donald Trump. The different almost all the like eighty percent Republicans, which actually is weird. I'm like eighty percent really okay, Like the majority of his political opponents. They just are cool with it.
Speaker 4: A lot of them.
Speaker 1: Very few of them are not cool with it.
Speaker 2: So we know all of these things, so excuse me if I don't take your advice. So I don't know what the Gates thing is. But then we hear this little snippet, this little little half interview, if you will, where, Well, here we go, Massy Is he's walking up some stairs or whatever. Reporter comes over and he's like, all right, I have a question for you, and it pertains to Gates. Let's do this, and I want you to listen to Massi's response, Well, hold on.
Speaker 1: The old button bar here to do you?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: It's early. Why am I not hearing the button bar back in my receipt? And all right? You know what, I think there's a setting on the air show.
Speaker 1: Well let me do this.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take a break. I think I know exactly what it is. You know what, ross I thought. We got the laser grid in my studio, so when I'm not there, people don't walk in and screw it the buttons. We need a laser. And I don't mean a laser like sensory. I mean the ones that like slice and dice you like in Resident Evil. So we'll check on the slice and dice machine and what I think it might be, and we'll be back here on the KCO Day radio program. They're banging out the email to day by the way, you want to be on the show, you want to talk. I'm very curious what people think of the Gates thing. This is a safe place. This is a safe space in case there's any moon bets. This is a safe space. Ross has puppies, ice cream, a rage room we called studio. You should have heard me last week when we had a minor issue in the Okay, but it wasn't a minor issue, so they can they can be either or but no, no, no, no, I'm just curious. And if you want to call in and be like, ah, he's a he's a rapist, ploff, bad facelift, do whatever you can, fine whatever, But no, I'm serious because even if you hate him, do you think he's gonna be a g and whether they go through a because like, here's the deal, I don't think Gates. Can we agree that Gates doesn't get by on a full Senate vote when there's people that exist from I don't know states, like Maine and Alaska.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: The real wild card on a lot of this stuff is what does our boy in West Virginia do there? How he continues to hold on because once that cee flips is.
Speaker 1: Done, it's done.
Speaker 2: It's done. So I I don't know the answers to this, but I'm curious what you think. Why do you think Gates goes in there? Did you want somebody from outside of it? And if it's a Senate, if the if the Senate votes, I don't think he's a g If they recess, he probably is. But a lot of this is trolling of the U of the highest degree. It don't take my word for it, take a Democrat senator's word for it.
Speaker 1: Here is a feederman.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's I would describe it as god to your level trolling to just trigger a full on China syndrome.
Speaker 2: Can I just point this out and this almost nobody will understand. I know exactly why there's reverb here because you have a reporter that didn't balance their inputs. They have two inputs on a morants. Sorry, the radio guy in me is losing my mind. How do you send the guy who doesn't understand how to do that because he's probably capturing in two different.
Speaker 1: Disgusting all right, anyway, I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: I mean it's I would describe it as God to your level trolley to just trigger a full on China syndrome, to own the lives in perpetuity.
Speaker 2: I don't know that a Republican pundit on Twitter could have said it better.
Speaker 1: And instead you got.
Speaker 2: To go to h you know, the Pennsylvania Uncle Fester looking dude. And here's the thing. It's not that Fetterman has good policy ideas, because that's not true.
Speaker 1: All you gotta do is look how he votes.
Speaker 2: But the thing I appreciate about Fetterman, and it's kind of part of his attitude, is he's not blind to the reality around him. In a lot of instances, it's kind of like it's I don't want to give Bill Maher too much credit because he can he'll put his hands over his eyes.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: But like like Fetterman record and and and by the way, all of these Democrats and Republicans and one side's doing it.
Speaker 1: They they this is.
Speaker 2: What this is what irritates me about the club up there and why I don't want somebody in ag from the club is they recognize this, but they can't help themselves. They got to hold a press conference and they got to go you know, Chuck Schumer and Nancy you got to go out. Oh, we're like your parents, we can't do this, And GOP's got to go out and it's like, uh, you know, and then whatever exaggerated thing, because it's part of the theater of the whole thing, and to me, it just irritates the crap out of me. So I can appreciate people like Fetterman who don't seem to have time for it on that side, and you know, Thomas Massey on the other side, right, but also both of them can be trolling right now. This is what is so wild about this. So I'd love to hear you weigh in. And by the way, on the retirement from Gates, that's not just speculative.
Speaker 1: Here is the speaker of the House, I.
Speaker 7: Think to us he issued his resignation letter effective immediately of Congress. That caught us by surprise a little bit. But I asked him what the reasoning was, and he said, well, you can't have too many absences. So under Florida state law, there's about an eight week period to select and fill in a vacant seat. And so by doing so today that allows me. I've already place to call to Governor DeSantis in Florida and said, let's start the clock. He's in Italy at the moment, and so we're going to talk first thing in the morning about this. And if we start the clock now, if you do the math, we may be able to fill that seat as early as January third, when we take the new oath of office for the new Congress.
Speaker 2: Right so when that's why he said there's two theories, always trying to cover up this, but also the GOP wants to be full force to hit it because remember, they wasted. The thing that killed me about both Obama and Trump is they wasted Obama's first two years when they had full control, and they kind of wasted Trump's first too year. And I don't understand why, why why a party would do that, especially after you just spend aga zillion dollars?
Speaker 1: But what why would you?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: And And the the answer is, and this is part of the gridlock of Washington. And we're gonna learn more, by the way, about some of the stuff that Doge is uncovering.
Speaker 1: Ross.
Speaker 2: Is there a point where that won't be funny and make me laugh when I say it?
Speaker 8: I me, and I still find it funny. So yeah, I hope not. I hope it has to be funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But then they get some serious thing. They're like, oh, they're paying uh, you know X number of dollars to murder kittens, right, Like, I don't want to. I don't want to inadvertently laugh when we're slashing the murder kitten fund. So for the murder squirrel fund, we got an update on that story. So what do you think?
Speaker 1: Uh is?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh, and I'm sorry I left out I oh, this would have been bad. Did you hear the most insane theory on the Gates thing?
Speaker 1: This is good? This is shed fact.
Speaker 4: You know what a.
Speaker 2: The Gates thing is a distraction, but it's a distraction from the alien testimony, and the alien testimony is a distraction from the asteroids coming to kill us right now.
Speaker 1: And Trump knows.
Speaker 2: Had you heard that one? Apparently Ross has?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How excited were you over the alien stuff?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Like super excited? The first Ian to do it.
Speaker 8: I was like, you know, watching all the Gate stuff, and then I ran across Georgio Sukalos, and he just posted a meme that said, I don't want to tell you, you know, don't want to say I told you so, But I told you so?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh did you Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh dude, so I just wrote noise, just retweeted his tweet.
Speaker 4: And now that it makes more sense, right, did.
Speaker 2: You even know asteroids were coming to murderers?
Speaker 4: Had no idea?
Speaker 2: Now are the aliens here to stop that? You know, because a lot of premises of sci fi it'say, oh, we're here, even though you don't deserve it. We're gonna save you because you're our social experiment or our battle.
Speaker 8: It was Hollywood. The aliens would be here to save the planet and not the people on the planet. That is a very fair point. Yeah yeah, And then they would put Keanu.
Speaker 2: Reeves in a role that made me almost not want to watch his movies anymore.
Speaker 1: How bad was that movie?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they had Kathy Bates in it too. Was awful? Was Kathy?
Speaker 2: What was Kathy Bates?
Speaker 8: She played like some sort of government official. She might have been the president.
Speaker 1: No, she was like a scientist at like some government agency.
Speaker 2: Right, it's been so long, I'll never watch it again to confirm what the answer is. But you know that's out there, all right, So let's see here. Yeah, let me get let me do this. I was gonna play, well, we'll get into the alien audio. I want to play all of it together. All right, let's go to the phones. Uh, Ryan, what's up?
Speaker 9: I think Matt Gates is gonna have a hard time getting confirmed because did Kevin book for speaker. I think he made a lot of enemies and he got He's got a lot of people that don't like him.
Speaker 1: Every Kevin McCarthy's not the speaker man.
Speaker 9: But I mean when when with remember when that Gates I do I do after him?
Speaker 2: And he's been a bully in a China shop for a lot of the leadership.
Speaker 9: That yeah, he got Chava McCarthy kicked out of his speaker role, right, I mean he had it for like two three days and then that Gates got with his people and they said he's not right for this role. And and I think it was spiteful. And I think Chava McCarty's gonna lead a tooth against Gates just for that.
Speaker 2: I don't know anything, sir, When when the when the gamut runs from this is normal, so that the timeline works out in Florida so they can house the full Congress on January third, versus secret asteroids and aliens coming to murder us. Uh, anything that's possible in the middle of that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: And the Republicans don't count about you know, they'll shoot the foot right out.
Speaker 1: Of gate, snatching the feet from the jaws of victory, sir.
Speaker 9: It's their thing, that's what the.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, the other side of it is intentionally taking an L to distract from all your other w's and that's when you start getting into the four D chest stuff. And oh yeah, I'll let you figure out how you feel about that all on your own.
Speaker 1: But here's what we're gonna do now. And it hit a break?
Speaker 2: Did it come back? You guys want to talk aliens real quick? Well, we got some audio. We'll play you there.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: And you know what, it was also nice Nancy Mace was sharing that hearing. And you know, it's tough because a lot of like there's people that aren't going to take seriously and they think, oh, this is the search for aliens, but it's really not, I know, as weird as that it's really not. It's what it's about is a whole swath of information stories and military interactions, which is national security stuff where we don't know what it is.
Speaker 8: It could be, you know, yeah, No. Marco Rubio made this point in a while back. He said, the big thing about this is like, yeah, are the aliens, sure, but but these things are flying over our nuclear bases, where our basis, our military basis, and what the hell are they?
Speaker 4: We don't know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And is it Russia? Is it? You know, since Russia's the thing?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 1: Is it China?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: There, they're vehicles.
Speaker 2: They fly over our bases and military installations and nuke stuff.
Speaker 1: Is they lumber?
Speaker 2: They're not quite as fast, and yet we still don't shoot them down. By the way, you think heg Seth is shooting down the Chinese SPI balloon and Trump. I think they're having a primetime special on Fox to do it. So we'll get into some of the testimony from yesterday coming up here on the CaCO Day Radio program. SEC deaf what sounds better deaf sec or sect deaf or we could just use our words people, But I know you military guys, you love abbreviations and that's okay. Some of some of the acronyms are pretty good, not as good as stop it be mature about this, dude. When I get into some of this stuff, When I get into some of this, you know, here's the other thing too, Since that's a government agency. Now there's no copyright on stuff, at least probably for that usage.
Speaker 1: I'm not a lawyer.
Speaker 2: Ross, would you see if I'm a patent attorney or copyright lawyer real quick or he's gonna look at.
Speaker 1: That checking it out. Nope, not okay.
Speaker 2: I'm getting the thumbs down, Roman Coliseum style. So with that in mind, you know, that's why you can go out and you can you could print all the President Trump merch you on willet up. So if there's a government agency, I guess that I've been like the dog. May not although he keeps putting the dog in the graphics he's making.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Probably not gonna assue you, but don't take my word for it.
Speaker 2: All right, let's uh, let me do this, just a couple of clips from yesterday's uh, excuse me, yesterday's I'm gonna have to move this over here there now we can run the thing under it yesterday's aliens or unidentified aircraft or what the hell is going on hearing the stuff that people are really interested in? Or two things.
Speaker 1: One you got aliens.
Speaker 2: Is is data founding a bunker somewhere in Nevada with unkempt hair and a bunch of alien bodies. And also what are those things flying around?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Now, I realize it's going to be too loud. Okay, all right, well let's uh, let's just go ahead and get into it, shall we.
Speaker 11: Concealing evidence about UAPs from the public, Yes, sir, yes, yes, thank you.
Speaker 3: I also want to just go down the line. I know many of you have already said this.
Speaker 11: By just for the record again, just briefly, what do you believe UAPs.
Speaker 5: Could be or are.
Speaker 3: Strong evidence that they're non human higher intelligence?
Speaker 12: I echo my colleague's commentary.
Speaker 2: All right, and let me say this too about the the the cats that are there testifying, and obviously you've got you've got a variety of people there. There's nobody there that if I saw them, I would think to myself, I'm surprised that dude's not wearing his tinfoil hat right there, like it seemed if if you didn't know what the subject was, and you weren't really listening to the words, but just the mannerisms. It sounded like any boringal congressional hearing. It's just the topics they're talking about are pretty crazy. Man. So you got this whole slate of witnesses. In fact, let me let me just fill you in on who. Well, let me let me do this. Let me get the audio of the rest of the audio here, and then we'll talk about who some of the folks are. Okay, all right, because this is when it gets into the meat of it, and that is all right. We don't know what those are. But one way we could clear this up is you just tell me if you got some alien bodies or some sort of something.
Speaker 1: And then it just got crazy.
Speaker 13: Was anything described as that we have possession of bodies? Yes, yes we have. Is it multiple types of creatures.
Speaker 12: Or sorry, I couldn't answer that. I can tell you anecdotally that it was. It was discussed quite a bit when I was at the Pentagon. The problem is the supposed collection of these biological samples occurred before my time, in fact, before I was even born.
Speaker 13: And was this part of the Lucky Martin discussion or was this completely the biologist is a completely.
Speaker 12: Separate, separate yet related.
Speaker 13: Okays, has anyone made contact, sir?
Speaker 12: I'm sorry, could you specialify?
Speaker 13: Has there been any, to your knowledge, any communication with a non human life form?
Speaker 12: So the term communication is a bit of a trick word because there's verbal communication like we're having now. The problem is you also have nonverbal communication. And so I would say definitively yes, but from a nonverbal meaning. When a Russian reconnaissance aircraft comes into US airspace, we scramble two F twenty two's and we are certainly communicating intent and capability. I think the same goes with this. We have these things that are being observed over controlled US airspace, and they're not really doing a good job hiding themselves. They're making it pretty obvious they have the ability to even interfere with our nuclear equities and our nuclear readiness.
Speaker 2: And here's the thing. Is that Galadid, Yeah, Timothy Galadid. Let's see, former Navy rear admiral and was chief meteorologist for the Is it just the Navy? Yeah, he's the US Navy's chief meteorologist. So, and that's true. I mean that's how you communicate Wyoming. We use a series of lights. Ross you ever see when the aliens came to Wyoming? Oh man, that was fun when I was a kid, then we just used flashy lights. But no, you don't have to have words necessarily.
Speaker 5: Do.
Speaker 2: We have a story coming up of an amazing although not successful insurance scam out of California, And just wait till you hear the details. That'll be on its way here in just a few minutes, all right, I met. Let me just set this up real quick. So I mentioned a follow up from yesterday, And yesterday I talked about the mayor of Durham. His name is Leonardo Williams. He is he's the fresh mayor of Durham. He's got under a year. And there was a story that w r L did and in the story entitled why Durham crime is creeping into Wake County neighborhoods, it basically hit us with a.
Speaker 1: Bunch of numbers.
Speaker 2: And the numbers, I don't know that the numbers are in dispute, right, it's the nuance of how we got there. And the numbers show a double digit or in some cases triple digit increase in some Wake County communities suburb communities Morrisville and Kerry primarily affected. Apex and Holly Springs were also on the list, and then Raleigh. And what predicated a lot of this is you had a couple high profile incidents, including a what can only be described as an Old West shootout at Crabtree Valley Mall. You had how many shootings in just a few hours the other day? And people, look, when you start shooting up Crabtree or South Point, people get all crazy. I'll yield to the fact that we've had some balls around that.
Speaker 1: Literally they didn't.
Speaker 2: Necessarily make the news as much, and those malls are closed now. So when you have those numbers, like can Carry where one hundred and fifty percent increase year over a year of people who are arrested or are wanted or suspected of committing crimes in the city limits of We'll go with Carry because it's the highest number, but Morrisville's pretty high to And you find out where the people you've arrested are from, or the people that you're that you're wanting to talk to are from. Once they have your ID, and if you're already in the system, they can look to see what your address is and then of course if you get arrested, they get your address from you. And what they found is a huge increase in people whose address is in the city of Durham. So that's what predicated this article. And look, if you're going to if you want to go and find a neighborhood to commit you know, burglary, and there's lots of opportunity.
Speaker 1: There's lots of opportunity in the city of.
Speaker 2: Durham, but there's also a lot of opportunity in the city of Carry. You have a bunch of a bunch of houses that are probably have a lot of really nice stuff in them based on the socioeconomic footprint that is Carry. So I understand the temptation. I'm not a home burglar myself, but you know that seems like I can do the logic on this stuff. So with that in mind, he took umbrage with this. He didn't like that, and he tweeted the following, I'm aware and disappointed the WRL investigative story why Durham the headline? I got to reread it and the despicable angle taken at our city. Durham's story is ours to tell and we won't let it be misrepresented. Implicit bias too often divides communities. We won't allow that. In the bull City hashtag Durham is dope, which and I have agreed in on that last part, Like, there's a lot of really cool stuff over in Durham, but we're not talking about that that sweet hotel with the rooftop bar restaurant, which you should go check out. I mean this, we're not talking about when you go to DPAK to go to one of the many great shows that they have there. I saw the Book of Mormon there, loved it, and we've had events.
Speaker 1: Over the years.
Speaker 2: This is all good stuff. But what remains is Durham has issues, and a lot of them are socio economically. You know, you can just point to the socio economics of things, and I don't even know why that has to be a racial connotation. People want to make it. You tend to have higher crime where people are poorer. Now, then things divide. The difference here is the criminals are not operating well. They probably are operating in their own community, but they're also going and they're operating in other communities where you know, the biggest thing that people may deal with with criminally in a day. Is somebody jaywalked in front of him? So yeah, it gets noticed, It gets noticed. And I yesterday, I'm on the record and I tweeted, and I'll say it again.
Speaker 1: I think this.
Speaker 2: Mayor is he's either wilfully ignorant or he's dumb, because this isn't about that. This is the thing that you do here. If you're the mayor of Durham and you're the bigger city, call the mayor of Carry and maybe he did that. Maybe you should tweet that, talk about it. There's no reason why the mayor of Durham, the mayor of Carry and the mayor of Morrisville and everybody else shouldn't all want the same thing. And that's less criminal activity in their communities, all right.
Speaker 1: So that's the setup to this.
Speaker 2: The mayor did give a I think ABC eleven interview. Yeah, basically came out, yeah here we go. I no, it was Aril. He says, we're not running from our issues. Good, but like they continue to be issues. So and then at the end of the show, Paul Scott called me and I did not see him until about with about sixty seconds left, and he feels that I am throwing race where racism is being implied here incorrectly, and I told him, I said, you know what, normally we only do one call per day, but I kind of let you ste till the end, so please call me back. And with that in mind, he called back, So we'll continue this conversation. How are you doing this morning, sir.
Speaker 5: I'm doing well certainly, so.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know, it's closer to Friday, man, That's all I care about. It's the weather's nice.
Speaker 1: So I think we.
Speaker 2: Can agree on all that, regardless of where we live or what we're doing. Let me ask you a question. Some people probably know who you are, Minister Paul Scott. No shots fired.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: Is that your blog I can't remember what the exact.
Speaker 10: Name is, like, yeah, that was that was That was ten years ago, that that blog no longer is this?
Speaker 2: Well, it does exist, because I went and looked and there's still articles on there accusing me of trying to start race riots and grocery stores.
Speaker 10: But with that in mind, this in the same way you just accused of mayor making a racist comment that he did not make.
Speaker 2: Well, what am I supposing I read it here? And so this is, let's go ahead and start that conversation. Implicit bias too often divides communities. What do you think he means by implicit bias.
Speaker 5: Classism?
Speaker 10: There is nothing nothing racial besides quick bait journalism about that statement. He's clearly talking about classism.
Speaker 2: You don't think he says implicit bias, which is uh, And I'm gonna I'll let you finish. I just want to clarify why I think it is, and you can tell me why I'm wrong. When when I hear implicit bias, I almost exclusively hear it when you're dealing with crime stuff in the way in which uh, criminal justice is.
Speaker 1: Applied to individuals, So it could be implicit.
Speaker 2: They just had a story in Fayeville where they said that there is implicit bias at work because more black motorism are are.
Speaker 1: Stopped for speeding.
Speaker 2: Right, So that is that is, that is how we talk about That's the code words we use when we're talking about racism within policing. And this is you would agree this is a policing issue that we need to worry.
Speaker 10: But I would think what's hypocritical is saying talking about implicit bias. That's an interpretation. That's your interpretation, the same way you interpreted what the mayor said. It's the same way the mayor interpreted what w r L said its interpretation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, help me out here because I because I don't understand why the mayor even has time for that. I don't know why he responds to it, because I mean, I understand it's the Mayor of Durham. But like his response, it's numbers. I mean you you don't disagree that the numbers are accurate? Right?
Speaker 10: Hey, he doesn't disagree either, He just disagrees with the context. He was very clear. I don't know how much of the interview you saw, Yes.
Speaker 1: I will actually haven't.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, I was actually in the w tv D version. I'm in that one. But as far as the mayor, he was very clear that Durham isn't running a ducking uh these issues And I had a conversation with the mayor, a brief conversation with the mayor right after the press conference, and he had a message for you. He said that if you want to talk to him, call him.
Speaker 2: Well, will you know what? Uh, Well, you can tell him, but he'll hear from us. I'm going to have Ross schedule an interview with him, okay, and uh and and we'll have this convers.
Speaker 5: From his his mouth to my ears, he.
Speaker 10: Said he he will be he said, if you want to talk about him, talk talk to him.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: So, just to be clear, we have reached out Durham City officials himself included, and you know, prior to his current position, and in every instance, with the exception of inquiries to the police department, we have been ignored.
Speaker 1: We don't return our calls. So if he wants to change.
Speaker 2: That yesterday right right, No, no, no, I'm not. You don't work for the mayor. I understand that I'm not putting it on you, and I look for it, you know, because here's let me ask you this, let me let me let me hit some positive in here s what do what do you think is the best thing Durham has going for it right now that people don't appreciate or should know about, because obviously Durham's your jam man.
Speaker 1: Uh, every you.
Speaker 2: Know this is this is this is where you live, this is what you promote, and this is what you took the time to call and say that you felt I was misrepresenting. So of the other thing you know, outside of the d pack and going to the ballpark and the great restaurants, what does Durham have going for it that people should know who tend to have a negative opinion help.
Speaker 1: Me out here.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 10: The thing that people should know is there is a core group of activists across the city of all races, all ethnicity, ethnicities, all identities, who are striving every day to make this city better. And it doesn't make w r L. It doesn't make probably your station because what is interesting about mentorship programs? What is interested about people giving out books in the community. Because we are driven our catering to certain markets, I think you will agree to that. And there is a strong market in this area that just wants to beast DRM and I think that your show included and that w r a L story caters to that group that no matter what happens in Durham, there is a core there's a large segment of this community outside of Durham. It's going to bast Durham regardless. I don't and they're used very excuses with Durham's Democrat. Durham is blue whatever it is blue, I mean again, right, but I think that is people. Radio stations and in some cases television stations catered to that crowd that just hates Duham and that uh headline from w r L that was carried into that crowd in my opinion.
Speaker 2: But those are true numbers. And then, and here's the thing I understand. The You know, when somebody, when some guy from Canada is like us should do this, it's easy to tell him, hey, can I stick to your own politics all the rest, And with Durham that would be one thing. But the stories that I tend to leave lean in on is and it enrages me, and I would hope it enrages you too, that a six year old boy can't think he's going out for a snow comb but because mom dras an suv that kind of looks like this other dude's suv, that some failed rapper is going to shoot him in the head, right, And so that's me, that's me, I understand. But I'm giving you an example of where it where it ends up outside of Durham in the media and people have visceral reactions. The difference here is the the stuff is not just happening in Durham. It's happening in Kerry. It's happening in Morrisville, Apex, Holly Springs. So this isn't just a Durham problem. This is a Wake County problem with these communities. So why is it inappropriate that people Again, people are probably gonna have a negative reaction to one hundred and fifty percent uptick in people coming from another community to rob their houses.
Speaker 10: But I want to say, for the record, this is the first time that there's been a shooting incident or fighting incident at Crabtree that had nothing to do with Durham. And as far as recent news, I have not heard anybody say they're scared to drive the Raleigh because there's a snipe. They might get shot by a sniper. So a lot of.
Speaker 1: I'm not scared to drive to Durham.
Speaker 10: My point is, yeah, My point is after the sniper incident on forty last week, people in Durham want saying, well, I'm scared to go to Raleigh because there's a sniper on the loose. But again, there is a segment that if you start talking about the activists like myself and Durham, who is striving every day to make Durham better, I think you would I would both agree. You would lose fifty at least of your audience who tune in to hear negative things about Durham.
Speaker 2: No, they're not audiences. And my audiences in take my ball, go home and go over to Bluesky. They may debate you and argue with you, and I would I would ask this question of you, Paul, or do you what progress have you guys made over there? Because I remember I read an article where you were wanting, uh, correct me if I'm wrong. Was it you wanted crosswalks painted with was it like tempty cloth colors or something? Because you thought and yeah, like did that help? Did that stop some of the stuff? I got about a minute. And I'm just I'm just saying that if we don't think there's a problem, then maybe we need better ideas. And I think policing is it.
Speaker 10: Because of political bureaucracy that never happened. But if you read the other articles about me giving out books in the community, going into these neighborhoods, doing political education, talking to the youth, and given impromptu history lessons on my own dime, that your effort.
Speaker 2: We're not questioning your effort. I'm questioning whether it's getting results is where I'm at, and I think it's giving a growth well the but if I look at Durham, it's not.
Speaker 1: So it's not.
Speaker 10: I mean, I'm just try I'm one person, try to save one person. Like I said on the news last night, the only thing important to me is that five year old child, that little girl that runs up to me at least two or three times a week, that says, where's my book? Nothing else matters. Your opinion doesn't matter. The mayor's opinion doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Paul, Paul, I gotta Paul, I gotta put you on hold. I got a hard break, so hang on and we'll continue this next. It would it be fair to refer to you as activists, Minister Paul Scott, I just want to make sure that that is a fairmonic.
Speaker 5: You can call me anything you want to.
Speaker 2: Casey, well, I wouldn't do that, you know, even if you I'm not gonna be that guy.
Speaker 1: So uh.
Speaker 2: But but here's where, here's where I wanted to This is what I want to talk about. I think that there's it is my opinion and you and I disagree with this, and I we're gonna we're gonna try get the mayor on and I'll talk to him about it. I think ninety nine point nine percent of the time when we use the term implicit bias and or I watch the Deal with It press conferences right where something's happened and then city leadership and Durham has to talk about it. Is there is identity politics at play and when the bigger thing that I'm trying to determine is two things.
Speaker 1: One is it helping?
Speaker 2: And to answer that, and I'm curious your answer, I just want to hit people with a few numbers. One in the seventy two hours, a couple over a seventy two hour span here earlier this week, five shootings happened, three were dead, five injured in Durham. If you look at the crime numbers year over year, and let's just take this year from last year, it's it's not even close. Person shot is up forty four percent. The number of shooting incidents is down, so we'll say at least they're getting in some trigger time at the range and more accurate, but the fatalities are up seventeen percent. It is undeniable that within the bull city there is there is an increase. But what is Also undeniable is the vast majority of not just the people who commit it, to commit these shootings and murders in Durham outsize. The population percentage are minorities, but the victims are almost exclusively. And so when I sit here and I have genuine concern on why things aren't getting better, it's because I don't care where you live. I want your life in America to be easier. That's why I do this. And part of being easy could be lower taxes for some people and not getting shot while you're out front with your family.
Speaker 1: And that's all that I want.
Speaker 2: And I feel like that's probably what you want too, and you don't want people to have.
Speaker 1: To worry about things.
Speaker 2: So why is it when I then talk to Durham city leaders, or even when I'm sitting here talking to you, I feel like I care more about your community than you do.
Speaker 10: And I think that using me as an example is documentedly wrong. You can google my activist working Durham over the last I think they.
Speaker 2: Can talk to you, and you're on the air with me. That's why I mean, I'm so you tell me why I'm wrong. That's why we're having this conversation. But I'm using you because you're the person.
Speaker 5: That's what I do.
Speaker 10: Yeah, right before, I would like, this is what I was saying, because you're talking director and me, and you included me in that conversation. You can google.
Speaker 5: Paul Scott Durham and see what I'm do in the community.
Speaker 10: I'm not a person who's sitting on the sideline making excuses just complain. I'm out there in the community six days a week at least, trying to make a difference without government funds, without government even acknowledgement of our local government. So that's the perspective I'm coming from.
Speaker 2: That you're the mayor.
Speaker 1: You just you know the mayor.
Speaker 2: You just you just told me just talk to them, so like you're more impactful than you think, sir, don't don't. What all that I want is to know what is the city of Durham And I know you don't control the purse strings. What is it that they're going to do that's finally going to break through? And I'm not talking about the you know, the things that you do on a personal basis. That's one of those where if you get a thousand of you and you're all doing that, I think that's a difference maker. But the reality is it's not made a difference, you know, whether it's discussions about crosswalks, bragging about the number of gun free zone signs they put up by the old tobacco district there, like what is Durham doing because we keep dodging the issue and the issue and the solution. In my opinion, and I'll let you have the last word on this, is you need to more aggressively lock people up who would terrorize communities. And I'll bet if you go to McDougal and talk to people off the record, they would probably agree because they don't want to be terrorized.
Speaker 10: So I would say that I can only speak from the I can't speak for the mayor. I can't speak for the community, the politicians. I can only speak from a grassroots community acts this point.
Speaker 5: Of view, everybody get involved in.
Speaker 10: Some kind of way, get involved in making the community better. But I would leave you with this challenge unless you have a follow up.
Speaker 5: If you go on YouTube.
Speaker 10: And you search in the YouTube Worthhoods in Raleigh and also search Worsehoods and Durham, the videos are basically the same.
Speaker 2: No question, no question, But the numbers on a per capita or even a total are not It's not even close, and Raleigh has more people. I'm not trying to pick the cities against each other. I don't want it happening anywhere. But I want you just to answer my question, which you kind of didn't answer. What would if you're you're you're the king. Okay, we just made you the king, so you can do what everyonet? What does the City of Durham need to do if if if funds aren't an issue, and and and does it involve actually incarcerating more people, because that's what a lot of people seem to think. And if not, why So that would be my final question.
Speaker 1: I'm curious you're answering, Okay.
Speaker 10: My final answer is if I was critical of Durham politics, I would say they need to listen to not to the politician, not to the grant money mafia, those who make millions of dollars.
Speaker 14: Everywhere there every money, there's the problem to be to be held accountable for every penny, and to listen to the everyday people that are in the streets, in the communities, talking.
Speaker 10: To the youth and see this in the echo chamber, only listening to the nonprofits and the other people.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fair.
Speaker 2: But then again, and my question is, and I'll just ask a point, Mike, do more people in Durham need to be incarcerated?
Speaker 10: I think anybody in the United States who's committing the crime and has been proven guilty needs to be incarcerated.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we quibble over the bail and all that.
Speaker 2: That's but look, I honestly, it's really hard for a guy to kill you when he's in Florence, Colorado, supermans. That's all that I'm saying, and it's I understand, But I also understand it's not as simplistic as that.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I have family who's gone through criminal justice system, through addiction and things like that. I recognize where the flaws are, and I recognize you can't treat things all the same. But if we're going to start off at some point one of the easiest ways before you start trimming around the edges with the work that you're doing, talking about, you know, bringing books to kids and things like that, so that they don't go down that path. It's it's got to be the totality of things. Would you agree, It's got to be a lot of things to solve the problems of Raleigh, Greensboro, wherever it is.
Speaker 15: And I agree, okay, And I will say for context, just for a balanced discussion that disagreeing or like the mayor said yesterday that running from the issue.
Speaker 10: I would just say for a balanced conversation, read a book like Michelle Alexander's book, The New Jim Crow, and that will give a balanced conversation. Two things can be correct at the same time, so we can both be correct on certain aspects at the same time. It doesn't have to be an either or yeah, no.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not on the ground.
Speaker 2: Because only somebody who's just like your interaction with that little girl or I'm sorry, I just bought my microphone or anybody else like that personal interaction, you're able to evaluate whether you think it's making a difference. I have no way to talk about that, but I can look at the hard numbers, and I think that's why people were concerned, and that's why we had the conversation.
Speaker 1: So Paul I got a roll of it. Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you all right.
Speaker 2: Uh so there you go. You want to weigh in on that, Uh, we'll get into some things here. In the next segment, also, Steven Kent will be joining us, and we got a bunch of Hollywood stuff that will be from eight o five story Ada at oh five. So we'll bang out calls in a moment, but first let's bang out some weather from raced Age. Dude, you guys, you're one of your one of your guys was in the alien hearing yesterday, really, Congress, Yeah, he was the chief former chief meteorologist of the Navy.
Speaker 16: Oh yeah, uh a meteorologist, not a weather channel person.
Speaker 2: No, No, he's a meteorologist for the US Navy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 16: I thought you meant one if you want to you want to go, that was the wan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of pressure considering your prognosticating weather forecast for our entire fleets.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you don't want to get that wrong, No, you certainly.
Speaker 16: What I meant to say was yeah, Yeah, it's one of those things where like if you're if you're wrong, everybody's kind of like laugh at you.
Speaker 4: But that's yeah.
Speaker 2: Not like when you're playing with your kids.
Speaker 5: So yeah, you're.
Speaker 16: Probably gonna be yeah right, anybody be ordering the code red right.
Speaker 2: Hey man? Yeah, you know trust the process, so exactly all right, let's truss the weather process and yeah, or find it so it makes us happy.
Speaker 16: Yeah, kind of yucky out there, but I will emphasize needing the rainfall, even back in the hardest hit areas from Helene getting rained this morning. Other there's no flood advisories, no flood warnings, no flood watches. But I do see some yellow, a little yellow come through Chatham County, come across the Triangle and the Triad going through Greensboro, heading into uh, places like Liberty and maybe even places like let's see Pittsburgh. You're also getting some heavier rain in around there. And as I said, it all extends back towards the west, where the rain's starting to taper off, back into parts of central North Georgia, and all of our weather is coming from that southwest direction. So in it today with the rain in the fifties tonight, the rainal taper off probably early. There's still a chance for a shower tomorrow, but then we'll go into a dryer period with some sun and the gusty breeze near sixty tomorrow. Weekend looks real nice even into early next week. Another warming trend mid upper sixties over the weekend, maybe seventy for some of us for Monday, Tuesday and even Wednesday, and then later in that we'll see casey if we do get a cool down later next week, especially into Thanksgiving week, where it looks like at least the northern tier of the US is finally going to see some Arctic air come south. I mean, come on, it's the middle of November. We'll see how far south that colder air mass gets. Plenty more to talk about that. Yeah, I'm just absolutely horrible person.
Speaker 1: Sometimes.
Speaker 16: Listen, last year I went up north.
Speaker 1: And now, no, this is actually makes it worse. Why would you admit this?
Speaker 2: Just so everyone knows mister Stagey here loves sledding and the big boy sledden on the snowmobiles when he goes to uh, I don't know, Hudson, Wisconsin or upstate. Now you've done Hudson, right, No, not that just up.
Speaker 5: By.
Speaker 1: Oh that's it.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I've got goals.
Speaker 2: That some of the your kids not to have to go to school, right and uh and you're hard to maybe slide into a ditch so that he can.
Speaker 16: None of this work from home stuff on snow days. It doesn't make it a snow day.
Speaker 2: I don't like it, so you.
Speaker 1: Can get it seven hundred out seven.
Speaker 2: No, you're right, I'm.
Speaker 1: Sure fifty yeah, and I believe it or not.
Speaker 16: Two years ago when there was snow, I was on a brand new one because my buddy, my cousin's buddies brother just they both got two brand new ones and they put me on the new one. So that's fine with me.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Well, well we'll chat next hour. Appreciate it, all right, So Rod come on the air. Ros So that line one that's all confirmed with Rock and Roll. Okay, all right, So the Mayor of Durham, Leonardo Williams, we're gonna chat with him, coming up.
Speaker 1: We just got a few men. We may move some stuff. We'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: We'll do that next hang on, we I don't even have to schedule. The Mayor of Durham, Leonardo Williams, joining us this morning. How are you doing today, sir? You're all right, all right, all right, you are obviously folks. I heard probably let you know we're talking about this. So let me let me go ahead and start here on your tweets. So I was just talking with Paul, and Paul says that when you use implicit bias in that tweet, it doesn't have racial connotations. Explain that to me, because I that's where I hear it utilized. And as you know, race is a big discussion topic, not just in Durham but in America right now. So help me to understand what it was you were implying when you used implicit bias.
Speaker 4: Please.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, you know, when you use amplicit bius, it means that you are you are sort of having a concrete perspective, and that could be either race, or it could be tie. It could be you know, of a certain group of people, it could be a certain demographic U and that that So what I'm really referred to is the perspective in which the reporting or the subject matter is being angled at.
Speaker 2: The crazy thing to me is if you told me a TV station wrote an article like that, Ari would be the last one I would assume for two reasons. One, people tend to think that they're they're they're a little more liberal, but also they have the parent company has a significant invested financial interest in your city, sir, So why do you think Aril did that? And do you disagree with the numbers.
Speaker 5: No, I think that's the main point here. It's not really about the numbers, it's about the approach to the numbers. You know, I wouldn't have said anything. Of all people, I'm the last one to get involved with h You're talking about a news story. But when you do it address analysis from only Durham or people who have a Durham resident a Dorham address, that's one thing, you know, and that's what they did. But if you know the address analysis and do it up the entire timegle you know, tell me about crime from people who are committee crime and Durham, from from Raleigh or from Greensboro.
Speaker 2: I'm curious though. No, no, no, no, that's a that's a totally fair point. So what is what is? What have you seen from Raleigh residents coming to Durham. Has there been one hundred and fifty percent uptick?
Speaker 5: No? And I'm not looking at that. That's what the question is. Why is the crime happening where it is? And you know, the chrime that's happening is not a reflection of the city itself or the community itself. It's a reflection of the indivisual now, of course there are there are There are long historical reasons why, you know, certain communities are experiencing more of these activities than others, and we can go down a long rabbit hole of why that is what it is, you know, from federal government policy to public housing, the philotophosle.
Speaker 2: I hear you know this, and here's what I'm sorry, I'm going to cut you.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to pose you.
Speaker 5: You have to take a holistic approach to it.
Speaker 1: I want to.
Speaker 2: I'm only pausing you because I want to make sure that because I have this segment, I have a minute and a half, I want to make sure that you'll be willing to hang over so that we can have about a ten minute conversation in addition to this at the top.
Speaker 1: Of the hour, because I don't want to leave.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of questions and like legitimate, genuine, honest questions and uh and I'm so glad that you called in, so you'll do that. Okay, wonderful, I saw have a minute and a half here. I disagree that it's not the crime that you see, especially the way it's perceived the media. I understand the media is going to do some of that, but the facts and the numbers of the facts. Five people were shot in seventy two hours, three of them are killed. We don't disagree with that. And to say that it's the individual is half true. But also the city, yourself and your police department are tasked with dealing with that, so there is a community aspect to it. It may not be the individual members, but rather those elected, such as yourself. You wouldn't disagree with that that you ever seen.
Speaker 5: We're we're not denying that at all. I'm not down that. I am not denying that at all, not at all.
Speaker 2: We are all wrapped up and what it's I think it's an important topic and I'm glad we're having this conversation. And that is Durham specifically the focus of a wr L article where they talked about numbers of people arrested in adjacent communities who reside in Durham and the year over your increase and the city of Kerry was really kind of the big one they focused on, and it saw a one hundred and fifty percent year over your increase. Morrisville as well. And we've now got a chance to and he's on hold, let me bring him up here. The Mayor of Durham, Leonardo Williams, joins us. Let me ask you a question. When you saw that article come out, mayor, did you call the Kerry mayor or the Morrisville mayor, like I want to Here's what I want to. I want to know you guys recognize this is an issue and you're you're trying to work together, and I hope you did that.
Speaker 1: Did you do that?
Speaker 5: Oh? Absolutely? Absolutely? Listen, we talked actually pretty often. How do you think we got one point three billion dollars of the triangle. We did that collectively, So yeah, we have a regulationship.
Speaker 2: Okay, And uh, how did that conversation go on this issue, because I mean what wow?
Speaker 5: Well, I specifically spoke with the Lawley manor. We sleep all the time. When the first when the story first came out, I only saw the headline in the teether, and you know it was it was Waite County in general, so I didn't know what specific area it was speaking up and I knew of to find out. Okay, this is probably going to be an issue. I can I don't see you know, other I don't see the triangle looked at as a whole and that was that was part of an issue.
Speaker 2: No, that's fair. I see it as an opportunity. I mean, it's horrible stuff that we're talking about. Well, yeah, I mean I see it as an opportunity. And when I feel that it came across that you were rejecting the premise, and I'll take you at your word if that's not the case. But I want to understand two things. One do you think when people say things like, oh, here's like if you offer somebody tickets to show a dpak, which is an amazing facility. I can't say that enough. We've done many things over there, you know, the attitude where people go, yeah, but I don't want to. I don't want to go to.
Speaker 1: Durham at night.
Speaker 2: Do you think that that's born from racism or do you think that that's people looking at numbers and going eh, maybe not. But where do you think that comes from?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it could be either. Ord I'm the last one to jump to racism. I think that you know, we definitely can't ignore that racism exists. But that's not my that's not the basis of what I'm you know, the angler that I'm taking for me. It was it was, you know, the numbers dollar true, the numbers dollar what they are, but also there's more.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I totally agree with you. I totally agree with you.
Speaker 2: And the thing that and I mean this honestly, and I brought it up with Paul. The thing that will stick in my mind of Durham stories and don't get me wrong, Raleigh's cut there is great we broadcast in Greensboro, Winston Salem as well, high point we're rolling to try it is the thing that sticks out to me in Durham from a from a bad standpoint.
Speaker 1: I got a lot of good thoughts.
Speaker 2: But the bad thing is that young that that little boy thought he was going to go get a snow cone and instead he got a bullet, okay, And and stories like that, And then I see people at McDougall getting you know, people's grandmother getting interviewed and she's scared to talk to the reporter even though she's living in a situation that socioeconomically she can't pull herself out of. So yeah, my heart goes out to that. And so my question is obviously you're new the number, you're over your numbers, you're not on you although you were on the council. What are you doing to make sure that in twenty twenty five this conversation goes differently.
Speaker 5: So before I just want to just really quickly, as I'm answered your question, just make sure we're careful with the framing because it gives a false houk to the community that Okay, the mayor is going to say something in the econm is going to stop. I know you're not exagerating.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, but if you did, I think you would have. Yeah, if you could just say something, you would.
Speaker 5: Absolutely absolutely So.
Speaker 17: So what I want to say is, you know there is no in America where we enjoy the luxury of free speech, and you know we have the ability to do.
Speaker 5: What we want for the most part, there is no way possible I'm going to be able to control the individual acts of an individual. And I think we all can agree on that. And let me tell you, let me be the first to say, any person that is doing anything at my city that is trying to harm someone, we are I'm it for you, all right. We have one of the dost law enforcements out there. So that's we all understand that we don't want folks doing hurt, and I am not going to make any excuse for any criminal or any bad actor. I'm coming for you and I want you to just in badly an you want anyone else. So that's one thing. But what I can control is how we respond to these things and how proactive we can be in policy. Now. I don't want to choose Duram like this the dictatorship either, because I have this is Nortona defiance strong mayors. We have council manager systems, so I have to work with the body of people to create policy that is responsive or in the best interest of the overall people. We have different perspectives on that. For example, we had shock Father, we voted it down. I got to up vote it all thought that was gont think we needed to steffire that was going to be that. Yeah, I am pissed off to this day about that, you know, because the residus number one response was more public safety, so that was an issue and where at me, I'll say, you know what, I gotta voted. You know, I'm disappointed about it, but I'm not going to stop. I'm not going to give us, you know, So so what I can say is, you know, I can control creating a fund that invests into organizations that are saving kids, because we have thousands that we're saving from these streets, but we do have some that are in trenchs in an environment that is so unfortunate. And me those things already on our control, like the federal housing. You know, they underfund federal housing, their housing abilities that every single community deals with. That probably helping you, but people don't go to live on as you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not implying that you face challenges, and arguably you face more because you have a higher percentage of folks that are dipping into those products. So with that in mind, though, when the numbers go in one direction or the other, and for many many many years, uh, when we have about just a couple of minutes left, so and I'll let you have the last word after this. But for many years, these programs have been going They've been going on since I've been broadcasting in the Triangle, which is you know, twelve years, thirteen years almost, and I lived in Minneapolis where in the fourth Ward in North Minneapolis, all of these same issues presented, and all of these save programs, and until they got in Hennepin County, in Minnesota when they finally got a little tough front crime. Although they've gone in a different direction now, they started to see real progress there. So do you think that there's more incarcerating, arresting that needs to happen in addition to education.
Speaker 1: What do you think?
Speaker 5: I think that, You know, we had different segments of the government and everyone has to pour their way. You know, I'm the mayor of the city, but I have to work with my calcul I have to work with the county commissioners, the school board, the DA, the judges, the court, the jail, the police, the share off. Everyone has to pour their weight and we have to work in tandem. You know, I want to be very clear, I'm not running from our issues. How we tell the story abound our issues is what I an issue with, so.
Speaker 1: Coming on the show, we appreciate it, sir, I really do.
Speaker 5: I would never run from a conversation and I've never run from the truth. But also we'll always tell the full story. Those numbers that were reported are actually accurate. I've never said they were not. You know, but to only look at Durham, you know that that's wish you and I asked the question. I said, well, did we ask why the chrome is happening where it is? Is that something we need to look at. Did we look at how much chrome was coming into Durha from other places? And none of that was looked at only Durham Sawait County. And I said, we got to tell you have to tell the full story because the reputation matters. Reputation hands values and uh. Interestingly enough, rent Cafe, a national research organization, named Durham the forty first liverpool city in the nation and the number one most livable city in North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Guys, you guys have amazing Look. I almost I'm going to tell you something. I almost. I was almost living in your city.
Speaker 2: I was two seconds away from taking a condo on Chapel Hill Street there.
Speaker 1: I love, love the place.
Speaker 5: It's a beautiful place to be.
Speaker 17: Yeah, but we shared those issues like other places too, you know.
Speaker 5: And it's unfortunately because we do have a higher concentration. H I served certain demograph lets that that are in certain you know, situation. Uh, but that doesn't mean that that's what they fine in our city, you know. And that's what as the mayor of the city, I want to speak up, you know, on behalf of the community and the half of micos here to say we would not let our challenges defind us, but more so, we would tell our full story. And that's why people were truly appreciated. I don't rest in those competitions that are out refrom the truth. I just make sure we tell the whole story, all right.
Speaker 2: And by the way, and I mean there's slightly tongue in cheek. If you get a rash to carry soccerman's coming to Durham to do carjackings out of their Lincoln Navigators, you let me know because I just I want to see what that looks like. And and but but on a serious note, I really appreciate you calling, and I want to I'm gonna put you on hold. I want to make sure that we have We're not going to harass you. But I want a contact info and when stuff comes up, I will call you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we'll talk about it.
Speaker 5: Okay, please do please do I welcome it. I got a call from some of your listeners this morning. I oh, well, you know, let me get on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's respond that's all I can. I will tell you that.
Speaker 2: Every other person in in Durham government over the years, with the exception of the former police chief ten years ago whose name escapes me, we never get callback, so I'm glad we did. I'm gonna throw you on hold, sir, appreciate your time, Okay, all right, yeah, there we go. All right, that is the mayor of Durham, Leonardo Williams. We're gonna chat with Stephen Kent coming up. I know there's some of you on hold right now who want to talk about what we just talked about, and if you hold, I promise we'll get to your calls before the end of the show. But right now, we got to take a break. KCODA Radio Programs even Ken here momentarily, our nerd corresponding, because we got a whole host of things we're gonna go over.
Speaker 1: We're going to chat with him.
Speaker 2: We just got we got a few minutes in this segment, and then we'll segment three. There's four segments, all right, so segment three will continue, and then we got a couple of callers hanging. If they hang on, I promised I would get to both of you before the end of the show. So it's just kind of a weird day around here. But that's how we do things, all right?
Speaker 1: Stephen Kent? How you doing this morning, sir? What's going on?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: I just got the call a little bit ago that I will be joining the Trump administration as the Secretary of Entertainment Agriculture, which is very exciting, first time position for anyone in the administration.
Speaker 2: Entertainment. What did it would do when you saw the Doge thing? What went through your head?
Speaker 3: You know, we live in a very serious country and these are very serious times, so we need a Doge department. How could you be against that?
Speaker 2: I didn't say I was against her four, but it obviously hits different when it's a presidential cabinet getting put in together and we're putting out memes.
Speaker 1: So I again, people.
Speaker 2: Are going to look half the country's going to hate it. Half I'm probably going to love it. The question is, do you think that they'll be able to accomplish what is one of the heaviest lifts I've ever heard promised?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, the amount of the amount of kind of glut that they're going to need to cut from the federal government is going to be unprecedented. But I actually do think these two guys are just wily enough to do it. I'm pretty optimistic about what we're going to see happen here, and they did answer one question I had, which is, wait, so we're going to shrink the size of the federal government by creating a new agency. But I guess what's going to happen is the Doze Department is going to expire in twenty twenty six as an outside of government entity. So we're not adding to the problem, which is good.
Speaker 2: Well, it doesn't mean they can't find a way to screw it up and snatch a defeat from the jaws of victory, as we say round these parts. An I don't want to spend too much time as we've got a bunch of stuff to get to. You're looking at the appointments coming down, any anything that you found really surprising or something you're like, yeah, yeah, that's probably probably a good thing. And we haven't even gotten into the agencies that really oversee a lot of the entertainment industry that we that we look at, and as you know, the Trump administration has a very low opinion of the news media, So please speak on both of those.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: So probably the one that I was most surprised well there's Matt Gates. Okay, So Matt Gates as Attorney General is really out of left field, and I have liked almost every appointment that has been made so far for the upcoming administration. I have concerns about Matt Gates's ability to execute in a serious way on everything that the Trump administration is going to need to do to be effective and win the legal battles that are inevitably going to come their way. On everything that they want to do, from immigration enforcement deportations to taking on the college universities and sticking uh it to them on discriminate discriminatory practices, and watching Title nine across the country, They're going to need a really good agree.
Speaker 2: It's the most important appointment. I think it's as my other and vice president. We can debate, but that's that's a that's a more of a campaign thing. Really, this is the most important appointment. A g Right, you would agree.
Speaker 3: I would say I would say Secretary of State and AG are the two most important.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, I think with that, but I think with the AG. The difference with Secretary is that you're gonna have people fighting you every step of the way because it's how we do politics. But they're going to be fighting for their own personal lives. Do you know what I'm saying when you get into the ag stuff, Because let's face it, there's some the government's too big for there not to be criminals in there. It's just a discussion of how many and where they are.
Speaker 5: No, absolutely, So that's one I think.
Speaker 3: The other one that I was pretty surprised by was Christy malm as Homeland secretary. Homeland Security secretary. You know, Percy competent. It's it's surprising though he's a perfectly competent person. She's run South Dakota incredibly well, but she just really took that pr hit in the past year.
Speaker 5: No dog executions.
Speaker 1: Do you know that strays are a big issue down on the border, right?
Speaker 5: I know, I know all about it. She's gonna she's gonna do a great job.
Speaker 3: And yeah, if anybody trying to stand up against her, she'll drag them to the gravel pit.
Speaker 2: And I just want to be clear when I say strays, I mean actual dogs.
Speaker 4: You you people?
Speaker 2: No, No, I'm talking like it is an actual problem. It's actually an actual problem in a lot of places in Latin America.
Speaker 1: But it's along the Mexican border.
Speaker 2: It's especially on the California side, like they haven't come and popping through that fence. I just I only know this because I lived in California for school, and I remember thinking, Oh, they didn't build the planks wide enough down in San Diego, and the dogs get through. And it's we're chatting with Stephen Kent though, and uh, since he has our official NERD correspondent, let's go ahead and get into a few things. All right, let's talk about if you guys don't know Rachel Ziggler, is you do? She is Disney's snow white who made a little news when she essentially crapped on the source material and it went all through the identity politics and it didn't play well. And so I thought that at the very least she just shut up now, or at the very least about that stuff. And no, she did not. She has lost her crap. She joins the long line of other celebrities who are probably just going to go scream into the echo chamber that is Blue Sky. But it's more than just them. It's news agencies and outlets too. Man Like, let's let's combine those two one do you think Disney told her not to do that or they just like whatever. Even though that movie opens what early next spring, it's not even out yet, And what do you think of all these celebrities pulling the ripcord man.
Speaker 3: I'm still not convinced that this snow White movie from Disney is ever actually going to come out, and when it does, they'll probably rush it to Disney Plus and try to act like it never happened. But you know, Rachel Ziggler, who is a relatively unsuccessful actress activists posing as somebody who's going to be famous one day, she is kind of just clowning herself on Instagram here. I mean, what she is talking about here is all this peace and love and kumbayav that's going to be destroyed by four years of a Trump administration.
Speaker 10: And then she.
Speaker 3: Concludes this message on Instagram talking about how afraid people are and how we need a country with less hate by saying that she wishes seventy five million people in the country never find peace. This is the kind of about face that you expect from these people. As they head on over to Blue Sky with Jamie Lee Curtis and Don Lennon and Bette Midler and apparently the Guardian from the UK is just leaving Twitter altogether.
Speaker 5: Well, but you know what, they'll always come back.
Speaker 2: One of our TV stations did they have a half million followers on Twitter and they just they're out. They're out now. A lot of the reporters are still on Twitter. They're out a half million followers. That's nothing to sneeze at as somebody who lives, you know, in the internet to monetization world, such as yourself, right, that's.
Speaker 1: That at the very least, you got to respect the walk away there.
Speaker 2: But also doesn't it just turn into the left parlor at this point and maybe they're okay with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is why I really believe that most of these people will be back. I also tried exiting Twitter at one point for an alternative platform. I went and tried that god forsaken.
Speaker 5: Place known as parlor.
Speaker 3: When you get into an echo chamber environment where everybody is fleeing for ideological reasons and coming there, whether it's a conservative or a progressive outlet, it's actually just really exhausting agreeing with everybody all day. The quality of the content and the disagreement is lame and boring. And I think most of these people will get bored when they get on there and they all discuss how great socialism is and there's nobody that actually be mad at.
Speaker 5: They'll come back.
Speaker 2: They always do well and and uh, and it goes to and it goes to a uh. To your point, that is exactly the thing that is the most is one of the most boring things to me. And that was the problem I had with Parlor. You post something and it's nothing but likes. I like it on Twitter when people push back, although it happens less. The reason we're going a little later with you today is because we were talking to the mayor and and UH, an activist who felt that I was misrepresenting what's going on in the city of Durham. I welcome those conversations. I love those, and I think that we've gotten so far away from that on both sides that it's I don't know. I don't know if they come back, like is it worth Bett Middler's time? If she because that's I don't think it dawns upon her.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think it does either. And at the end of the day, these are truly and deeply irrelevant people who are only kept in the mainstream conversation by legacy news outlets who act like they are still important in American culture, and they're not.
Speaker 5: They just aren't.
Speaker 3: You know, we're We talked last week on the show about the numbers, the difference and statistics between the average download of a Theo Vaughn or Joe Rogan episode versus prime time on CNN. You know, these are not competitive and serious people. So yeah, I don't think the world will miss that Midler. And nobody knows who Rachel Zegler is anyways.
Speaker 2: Finally, and I'm gonna I didn't throw this to you or maybe Ross forded it to you, So we got to talk to Harry Potter TV Show real quick. And this is this is part of a bigger thing. But we're a little tripped on time here. I gn IGN, which I don't they write about video games and stuff. I'm really in pop culture entertainment stuff, basically nerd stuff. Isn't that IGNU?
Speaker 3: That would be IGN unless they are waging war on jk Rowling, which is their other pastime.
Speaker 1: This is the this is their tweet.
Speaker 2: Jk Rowling has been posting anti transgender rhetoric on X since twenty twenty will be involved in the new Harry Potter TV show with HBO and Max Content. Blah blah blah bla. All right, So anyway, so their beef is that the person who created everything, Harry Potter, is going to advise and maybe have some control over a TV series about her product that she created out.
Speaker 1: Of thin air? Am I reading that right?
Speaker 2: And Potter and wouldn't you want her involved?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 4: What do I know?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know, the whole Harry Potter situation is just a complete catastrophe. Most people who are just fans of Harry Potter have no interest or awareness of what goes on in these very oddline discussions about JK Rowling and her views that such as bat women exist and that they are, you know, not something that can just be created out of been air.
Speaker 5: Know, I know, I really believe that.
Speaker 3: I really believe that, and I don't. I don't think most people who follow this stuff are super aware.
Speaker 5: Of these debates.
Speaker 3: But the entertainment journalists who are incredibly politically radical, all they do is obsessed about J. K Rawlling's involvement in her own intellectual property. I don't think that they've bought this away from her entirely, Like she is not George Lucas, She's hasn't given up Harry Potter. It still belongs to her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you think their beef is they are not in a position to totally destroy it, because that's right.
Speaker 5: I think that's right.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you think about the way that these people think about issues, I think that they were hoping to get a chance to remake Harry Potter and transgressively fill it with trans propaganda from top to bottom, so that JK. Rowling would you know, be utterly owned and destroyed. So the fact that she's going to be involved in it is sort of a hedge against that, and I think that's what they're actually mad at.
Speaker 2: Finally, I was up in your fair Burg this this weekend, and you need to do a welfare check on some of the folks they're in the DC area because they are not doing well.
Speaker 1: Conversations.
Speaker 2: Man, Oh you're in Pinehurst today, cool, I think there'll be a little more bane.
Speaker 1: But I'm just telling you. I was up in DC, man, and that's like I was sitting.
Speaker 2: I was sitting at the Dulles uh or coming in a dollis and then when I was leaving. But yeah, there's a lot of people really really really getting their resumes in order. So is that your general feeling as you head to the suburbs like where you're from.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a busy time.
Speaker 3: And you know, out in the suburbs of northern Virginia, most everybody works for the Pentagon or the FBI or some other uh you know, bureaucratic agency, and so everybody's just everybody's just getting their ducks in a row on what their next four years are going to look like or if they're going to retire early.
Speaker 1: All Right, Hey, I got a roll. We'll we'll we'll.
Speaker 2: Do our regular time next week. Oh and then we're creeping up on Thanksgiving, so definitely won't be doing that day.
Speaker 1: All right, appreciate it her? All right, Okay, yeah, there you go. Stephen kunt Casey Oday Radio Program.
Speaker 2: All right, let me let me go ahead, and we're gonna I said, we get these calls, so everyone, I'm gonna give you both just a couple of minutes just FYI are on that, but we were gonna make the time, and we'll start with Sarah. Sarah, go right ahead, Hello, Sarah. That is That is exactly what I thought would happen. I tell Sarah she's welcome to hold if you can get a hold of her, and I will hit her in the last segment, but I think she might have hung up. All right, Jamal, real quick, what's up?
Speaker 5: You know what case?
Speaker 9: The whole Durham conversation is what's wrong with Durham. All you heard was excuses and excuses and excuses and excuses. People need to face the fact there's a cultural problem in Durham. This ain't Jim Close. Segregation is stopping Durham. This ain't evil white folks this doing this and Durham this is black folk. This is black folk doing his shooting killing. This is black folk dying in the street. I said it long time though. You have people in Durham that are ePower that has no problem with this going on because they don't want to change what's going on because if they changed it, their constituents wouldn't vote the men.
Speaker 2: Okay, they wouldn't voting. You listen to the interview with the mayor and just full disclosure. Didn't you ran for mayor?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 9: Yes? I did against Yes, I did against it, laying on them and I told he laying. I told people, then you cannot keep believing you can wrap your arm around criminals and bad behavior. As a Republican case, I have to admit Bill Clinton in the nineteen ninety fourth Crime Bill that Joe Biden helped push, saved black lives. It allowed black folkus to grow up in areas that was once ruled by the gang bangers and the drug dealers. Hen take black men home. It took drug dealers, it took gang bangles, it took criminals off the street, and it made the black community better. These people got out Star Crime bull Room on racism. And then people say, well, you know there, you're.
Speaker 5: Rocked my son up.
Speaker 9: Your son was sitting up here knocking people over their head because they came up five dollars short on twenty dollars worth of crime. So if it's not no changing, durm, why because they don't want it to change. They want things this false equivalent equivalency that racism and white is doing the problem. It's not until you get a district attorney and a sheriff that's willing to enforce the law, and the sheriff enforce it, the DA convicts it until you get that, and I'm gonna wrap it up to case. I'm from Rocky Mount, North Carolina, Okay, and Rocky Mount, North Carolina. Rocky Mount is split between Nash and Edgecombe County. Everybody knows you do it foolishness in edge Combe County. You don't blanket over Nash County. Literally, Rocky Mount is split between the railroad tracks, and you know not to do it over in Nash County. Why because they will lock you up. Yes, Nash County predominantly white and conservative, but you got all your little bit Democrats predominantly black Edgecombe County and they shooting, fighting and doing everything jam but not in Nash County.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you holding so long today. It's been a weird day. I got to roll though, because I gotta get to weather. But thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: Race Agic from the Weather Channel.
Speaker 16: Ray, what's happening on man that morning, Casey, believe it or not, though we do need the rainfall. Mentioned this a couple of times, how we've kind of gone from feast to famine on the rain since Helena. Now, generous rain totals continue to push in as the radar show and the rain showers out. You have the Tryad and back near ash and some of the hardest hit areas from Helene. No flooding expected, but maybe up to an inch of rain in some spots before we ended. As we head on through later today and tonight, pockets of modern heavy rain, and eventually we'll get the low out and we'll have some better weather coming in, maybe a shower left over early tomorrow, back in the sunshine, a sixty good looking weekend, back in the sixties, maybe seventy degrees by Monday, Tuesday and even Wednesday, with dry weather continuing. Still looking at maybe later next week getting a little bit cooler and into Thanksgiving week, maybe some cooler weather coming in. I think we're done, maybe with the seventies after about Wednesday Thursday of next week. But we'll see. As a longer range guide, it's certainly got a little bit more tricky than the short term. So old out casey. Looks like a rainy day today, good day to take a nap. After that, looks like we'll be in pretty good shape after very early tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, we'll keep it in the seventies. We'll be back Jeff Bellinger. Next, Jeff, what's happening?
Speaker 18: Good morning, Casey. New data from Washington suggests inflation is still headed in the right direction and the job market remains strong. The Producer Price Index, this is the government's gauge of wholesale inflation, was up two tenths percent last month. The PPI was up two point four percent year over year. The Labor Department says the number of workers filing new claims for unemployment benefits fell by four thousand last week. Investors are anxious now to hear what Fed chaired your own Powell We'll have to say about inflation and jobs. He'll be speaking later today in Dallas. Household debt hit a record high nearly eighteen trillion dollars in.
Speaker 4: The third quarter.
Speaker 18: The New York Fed says mortgages, auto loans, credit card balances, and student loans all increased. Total household income rose more than debt, but many young consumers and low wage workers are feeling some financial stress. Amazon dot Com has a new online storefront. It's called Hall, designed to compete with the discount site Timu. Shoppers who aren't in a hurry to receive their orders can get rock bottom prices. A flat four dollars shipping fee will be waived on orders of twenty five dollars or more. Customers get their deliveries in a week or two. The quarter pound burghers at McDonald's are being served with slivered onions once again. An e coli outbreak among customers of the fast food chain was traced to the onions. McDonald's has a new onion supplier, and the Food and Drug Administration confirms there's no further danger in casey. Some of us spends so much time making connections online that our in person skills have gotten rusty, and that may be especially true when it comes to dating. Wall Street Journal says many singles have become so dependent on matchmaking sites they don't know how to meet in real life. There is a movement to change that. It's IRL in real life is back, and of course it's being spread via social media online.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I saw this stat the other day and it was every other way of meeting people is under ten percent, and then it's just this red line going straight to the sky for internet.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 2: I on Internet date man, I'm thinking of joining the priesthood pas, But do you know what missing from it that church.
Speaker 18: Yeah, this is true.
Speaker 1: It's not even on the list anymore. So all right, well we got to roll.
Speaker 2: Thank you appreciate it. Okay tomorrow yep, yep, all right, And two quick things for you get out of here. An individual decide is is going to be charged with insurance fraud and actually it may be up to five individuals after cameras captured what looked like a bear and arrowhead California Lake Arrowhead above La There it's a beautiful area and they do have a lot of bear issues, basically vandalyzing cars, and then they were using it for insurance payments. It's a dude in a bear suit. And and what's worse when you look at the bear suit is it's not just a bear suit like on its own. The bear suit that they bought is has clothes on as bears do. It's how they get you. Actually they wear the clothes and then they sneak in there. It's hilarious. We'll retweet it for you. And finally, Guardian one of the out that's making their way to a blue sky. And I saw somebody put together some of the best Guardian headlines from the last couple of years. And these are amazing. You ready, I'm gonna do as many as I can. Is it okay for scientists to weep over climate change?
Speaker 1: You'll love this one.
Speaker 2: Barbecue is an American tradition of enslaved Africans and Native Americans. Stop at white people, and good luck with that, oh, Rossell like this one. No reason to debate guacamole. It's already gentrified beyond good taste. Ross is not a fan of the guacamole, so maybe he was onto something. My toddler is vegan. Help, what's the problem. Don't you pick what you feed your toddler? I mean, to some extent, they're gonna weigh in on it.